2. Homeowners
  3. Pest Control

Orkin Pest Control

Orkin Pest Control
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.28/5

Looking for pest control services?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Looking for pest control services?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Orkin Pest Control Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Orkin Pest Control?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Orkin?

Original review: June 11, 2020

Fantastic & professional service from reception - Leonora and Tony - pest control technician! I don't know how I would have been able to handle this mess without this company! They gave suggestions on how best to tackle this problem, and the package is really great for money.

Original review: June 10, 2020

I used Orkin to rid my house of bed bugs. They charged $1200 for their service. After their first application They did a second application. After a few weeks I let them know that we were still getting bites. I called them and The customer service lady told me that Allen ** the operations manager would call me back within 24hrs. It has been one week and I still haven’t been called. They claim that they guarantee their service but they don’t honor that guarantee. I would not recommend using Orkin based on our experience.

Original review: May 27, 2020

Orkin was the first company I called for ants remover. The representative said the first time treatment is at $232.14 and the second time will be at $129. If we still have the ants issue after second round, they will come out and do the treatment for free for the third time. In addition, if the third time treatment did not help then they will guarantee a refund of the last payment of $129. What a great deal right?

I asked for the next availability without shopping around other companies. Lucky for us, she said they have someone available on the same day between 3-5. I scheduled the appointment but the technician called at 4 pm that he is running late so will be coming between 5-6. I said sure since I will be home at the time. The service went ok and I got a contract from the technician to sign. The contract was for a yearly reoccurring program that I need to pay $232.14 first and three additional payments of $129 which is additional $258 than what was told on the phone. I asked to speak to the representative I spoke to.

The first representative was unavailable and a different representative called and said I signed for five time treatment which is more than $800 and she did me a favor by removing the fifth time treatment because they do not have the program in the area. If I do not want to sign then I should pay the one time payment of $232.14 which has 30 days window guarantee. She did not forget to let me know that I should be glad to pay that amount as normally one time treatment is over $290. I would not have decide to work with Orkin without shopping around only to get a one time treatment at $290 or even at $232.14 to begin with!!

Second alternative was to sign for the yearly contract and she will do me a favor by giving me $50 discount. In addition to yelling at me the whole time and accusing me that the only reason I requested the service is to pay the first time treatment and get three services only to request refund despite of any outcomes. I asked her to stop yelling at me. She said, she is not howling at me and I would know if she did. I thought to myself that the refund policy was brought up by the Orkin employee who signed me for five time services without my consent or any explanation.

Again, I was only hoping to receive the service that was explained to me on the phone before I made my decision to work with the company without shopping around foolishly believing everything the representative, I suppose. I am very unhappy with this experience and do not recommend using Orkin to anyone. This whole experience was more headache than I ever imagined. I asked her to listen to the first conversation recorded then call me back tomorrow. I will see how this company handles the issue and will update the review.

Original review: May 26, 2020

Arranged for an inspection and they were a no show. Called them repeatedly to remedy the situation and they never got back with me. Took time off of work for this appointment. No show, no call back and no apology. Finally went with Enrick pest control.

Original review: May 22, 2020

Got locked into a contract spending a ton of money and all I got was a guy that would randomly and without notice most times show up and spray and my house from the curb with a large aerosol can of some type of bug spray... Never set up a time to walk my property inspect my house or even talk. The one time I got his attention he basically told me to sit back and let the professionals work... Now I find I still have carpenter ants in the spot I tried to show him. Complete waste of money.

Original review: May 21, 2020

Orkin put a new guy on my account. He could not find the key, so he did not treat inside. Pulled back the covers to my bed and nice home for the mice. Very cozy. The house is full of them 4 months on no treatment. I still had to pay my bill.

Original review: May 20, 2020

I've used this company before many times without problems! But the last 2 years has been a nightmare! Never again will I use are recommend this company! They suck!! They charge an arm and leg. Never follow up or return calls! Just to ask for money.

Original review: May 19, 2020

Tuesday, May 19, 2020. Although (thankfully!) not solicited, I just wanted to commend Samuel ** for yesterday’s amazing visit. Over the phone I’d complained to Orkin of 10 p.m. visitations by (probably – no way to know) the same mouse (what could the mouse have been looking for?) and before he left, the understated Sammy had not only found and sealed up the two places where a mouse might be coming into and exiting my apartment, but he’d also set myriad traps in case the mouse had been trapped and was in looking for a way to exit. Sammy did this all in record time. He was courteous, respectful, and thorough. Made me glad the guys from Terminix, for whom I’d waited Saturday, hadn’t shown up for their scheduled appointment. So far no return visits from the mouse (or mice) in question. If I ever have a problem in future, I will be calling Orkin.

Original review: May 17, 2020

I did a contract for more than a year did not see any improvement. My house is very clean but can’t say the same about my neighbors. I paid so much money that I could have save hundreds of dollars by just purchasing glue traps myself. They didn’t do anything different they came and put those cheap glue traps and if the glue traps catch something my husband had to throw it away because it was going to stink by the time they had an opening. Don’t spend your money if you have mice. Buy your own glue traps or other things because mice are very smart they really don’t get in the traps.

Original review: April 30, 2020

We purchased our home and had an agreement with the sellers for Orkin to come out for 6 months for pest control. They did 2 months and then started to go to the wrong house. I contacted them and they told me it was just a mistake in their system and came to our house one more time (and did nothing). We still have wasps, bats (in the house) and mice. When I called and expressed my concern, because "they aren't happy until we are," they can't find any ticket of anyone coming to our house in the last year. I read the receipt off to them that they were in fact here 3 times and did do anything! They said that encounter is not in their system.... Don't use them. They sprayed some chemical around the base of the house but never went after the wasps. They put some traps up for the mice, like I couldn't do that, and wouldn't go into the crawl space or where they were actually at. And then they just completely ignored the bats flying in and out of the house.

From beginning to end, they didn't do a single thing correctly. Oh, I forgot about the moving of the dates too. They want you to be there to show them where the nests are that they aren't going to take care of, so of course I took work off. They would just move the date the day before. They did this several times to us. Go with someone else, go local. Don't give these criminals your money.

Orkin Pest Control Company Information