2. Homeowners
  3. Pest Control

3.1/5 (30 ratings)

About Orkin Pest Control

Orkin is a worldwide pest control company with over 1.5 million residential and commercial customers and over 100 years of experience. It specializes in treatments against common pests like rodents and insects, but it also offers other services, including insulation and moisture control. Orkin provides free estimates and a satisfaction guarantee.

Pros

• Free estimate
    • Integrated pest management
    • Residential and commercial services
    • 30-day money-back guarantee

Cons

• Limited pricing information
    • Not available in AK, WY, SD

Bottom Line

With over 100 years in business, Orkin is one of the most well-known pest control brands. The company features highly trained technicians and customer-friendly guarantees. Contact Orkin for a free consultation.

Orkin Pest Control Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Orkin Pest Control?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Orkin?

Original review: May 29, 2021

I love my Orkin tech. Her name is Shelly and she's amazing. She's been doing my service for a couple years now and she is so different than the other techs that have been out before. There was nothing wrong with them, they just went about their jobs, and the sooner they could get out, the better. But Shelly will stop, knock on the door, and with COVID, obviously taking those precautions, she stays outside. But she will ask me if I'm having any trouble with anything and if there is anything that they can do for me. She also tells me about things to look out for and goes that extra mile. You know when you get good service and when somebody really likes their job and cares about it.

Aside from that, it's really super easy to reschedule with Orkin and I've had to a couple times due to other work being done at the house. They're always really good about scheduling for when it works out for me. I really noticed the difference with them treating my pest problem every quarter. Where I live used to be cornfields and now it's kind of a new division. So we have these huge wolf spiders and they're these hairy things that if you step on them, you could probably see their legs from out underneath your shoes. They're huge and my neighbors still have issues with them but I do not. All in all, I'm super satisfied with Orkin. But, especially with COVID, the cost should remain the same when your inside is not being treated and just the outside is. When you get half the service, the price should be half the amount. But that's my only input on anything negative. Everything else is absolutely positive.

Orkin Pest Control response

Hi Jamie. Thank you for your positive feedback and for being a loyal customer. We're happy to hear that you're pleased with our service and your technician Shelly.

Original review: May 22, 2021

Orkin schedules the service and I find that they have a tendency to change. One time, they were supposed to come out on a Friday but on Tuesday, I found out they were coming out on Wednesday. Then, last year, we were having problems with them changing schedules to two weeks later and then four weeks later. Hopefully, we won't have that same problem this year. The schedule changes every once in a while but as long as it’s just a couple of days from what it usually runs, then that's fine. Also, I prefer to be here but it seems like I'm never here when they need to be here. But we work it out. And using Orkin is a lot easier and convenient than doing the job yourself. I haven't seen as many wasps this year out, which is usually our biggest problem, along with the digging, wood-eating ants, which we had a problem with last year.

Orkin Pest Control response

Thank you for your positive feedback. We will notify your local branch of your scheduling concerns.

Original review: May 15, 2021

Orkin is proactive about scheduling. They would send me a notice and let me know that I'm on the schedule. And then if I have any questions, I can give them a call. I've done that a couple of times, because usually right around the springtime when they schedule me, they do it on a day it's supposed to rain. So I've had to move the schedule a couple of times because of rain. The guy said he checks the weather when he is scheduled to go to somebody's house. And what he tries to do, which is a good thing, is schedule inside services on rainy days, and then he would do the outside whenever it was not raining.

The guy came out a couple of days ago for mosquito control service. And then it started raining. But he said he could come back this coming week when it's drier. Because what he sprayed probably got washed off because of the rain. They did it last year and it worked out good, so I figured I’d have them try it again this year and see what it does. There was one guy before that who was iffy. But I've had three or four different people come out. But this last guy, has been out here for the last 12 months. When my scheduled service was due, he would be the same guy to come out and he has been good. Overall, it has been a good experience and a good service. The folks that come out are generally thorough, as far as taking care of the pests. And then, they send me an email identifying what types of critters they've been targeting. So far, I've been fully satisfied with what I got.

Orkin Pest Control response

Thank you Glenn for your positive feedback.

Original review: May 12, 2021

We have used Orkin since we had an issue with carpenter ants. And they've done an excellent job for us. The only thing we don't like is the way they do scheduling. But because they became national, it has been less satisfactory. We used to have a name and a number here in Omaha, and it was a live person. Now they would sometimes send a notice that, “This is scheduled. If this doesn't work, let us know.” Also, the techs are well-trained, but the problem is keeping them. Once a year, we've got somebody new. But once they come out, they do a good job. It's just that I got to explain things multiple times.

Orkin Pest Control response

Hi Tom. Thank you for your feedback. We will most definitely share your concerns with your local branch with hopes to improve your customer experience.

Original review: May 8, 2021

My experience with Orkin was very good. Steve was our technician. He comes back and he sprays everything that he's supposed to. It works great. Except I've got to call back to Orkin in getting back out. We seem to have a lot of wolf spiders crawling around that we don't need. But it’s not his fault. Every technician we've had has been great. We’ve been very lucky. All the girls up in the main office in Spokane are also great. They understand everything and they're very polite.

Orkin Pest Control response

Thank you for your positive feedback. We appreciate you for being a loyal customer.

Original review: April 24, 2017

I called Orkin because I thought I might have snakes in my basement. Turns out I didn't, but the Orkin representative said I did have a high moisture level in my basement (although there was no visible water) and that I should have the wood treated with boron and a moisture barrier installed over the dirt part of the basement. He also suggested a very expensive dehumidifier system. There was no way I could afford the dehumidifier (We are talking thousands of dollars), but I did agree to the boron treatment and the moisture barrier, for $2462.00. A major investment for me, since I am retired and this represents almost my entire monthly income.

On the day one young man spent 3 hours in my basement and when he left the plastic was just tacked to the ground, and didn't even overlap in some places. This seemed like not much for that amount of money, so I looked up basement moisture barriers online to see what this typically involved. Every site I visited said that in order to be an effective moisture barrier the seams must overlap and be glued and the edges must be sealed, adhering to the walls and adjoining floor.

An Orkin inspector came out and he seemed to agree that the work was not adequate and assured me that he would send someone out to fix it. Today two men came out and glued, but did not seal, the seams and did not seal the edges at all. I was assured that this is how Orkin does it, so there doesn't seem to be any recourse except litigation, and I am not going to court. I have two issues with my experience. The first is that when there were no snakes, instead of just going away, the Orkin agent convinced me that I needed a service that I had not asked for. The second is the substandard quality of the work performed. Do NOT let Orkin perform this type of service for you. Get someone whose main business is waterproofing basements, not pest control.

Original review: April 21, 2017

I observed an Orkin applicator spraying a poison which he identified as Talstar on a building about six feet from my property line, where I am growing some organic vegetables. When I became concerned about this and asked if he had sprayed next to my fence yet, he smirked and said he'd already done it. I became angry and said this poison could wash off in the next rain and drain into my garden. He became belligerent and said he could spray anything legal on that property and that I had nothing to say about it, and ordered me off the property.

He then contacted the owners to complain, and have me removed. I left and later contacted Orkin who told me I could file a complaint with them if I wished. I talked to a state agency who suggested I could Google the product to find out more. I did learn this product is a possible human carcinogen. Evidently people who don't wish to be poisoned have no rights outside their own property. Zero stars for rudeness, arrogance, and no consideration for the health of others.

Original review: April 19, 2017

Orkin Pest Control - Internet Complaint Filed. Orkin provides a 30 day "guarantee". When they returned to perform the exact same service, on the exact same location in our house, for the exact same insect type, they did NOT consider the first treatment a failure and then reset the 30 day guarantee time period. While we would expect to pay for treatment in other locations, or for other insect types, this failure to resolve our Carpenter Bee problem and not consider the first treatment inadequate is unacceptable.

The $275 cost was more than expected for a very few dollars' worth of chemicals and 20 minutes of time. Neither local customer service nor corporate customer relations cared about this matter at all. In spite of a Customer Relations phone number, Corporate Customer Relations at Orkin appears to be essentially non-existent. When you call the Corporate Customer Relations number, the only menu choices are new service or referral to the local branch! Our business relationship with Orkin is now terminated.

Original review: April 10, 2017

I had ants on my kitchen counter and called Orkin and they came October 2015 and December 2015 then I cancelled 1/2016 and 3/2016 because of snow and winter cold. I hired them again May 2016 thru January 2017. I emailed the manager twice to ask when will my ants be gone and he never answered me. I called this morning at 9am 4/10/2017 and the manager was in a meeting and was suppose to call me back - he still did not and it is 2:30. I paid about $500 and I still have ants - they did not get rid of them. One of the times the ants covered my counter tops and when I called Orkin as a customer they said they couldn't come until the following week. For now on I will go to Home Depot to get ant traps and spray and do it myself for less. This Orkin is in Woodland Park NJ.

Original review: March 30, 2017

Orkin is horrible! Terrible! I've never seen such awful customer service! We've had our termite control contract since 2013, and Orkin has been out to check the treatment devices twice! Orkin literally does absolutely nothing and charges me $27 a month! Then, I miss a call and get a voicemail saying my card has been declined, so I call the same number that called me to give them my new card number, and I get the run-around!

One guy says he can't find my account. The next guy says he's found my address, but it's under the previous owner's name, when we've been there and had the contract under our name for 4 years! Then, they transfer me to a girl who tells me I owe $300! WTF?!? I said, "No, I don't! I'm just trying to change the card on file so you can take out the monthly payment of $27!" She transfers me AGAIN! This time, I get someone's voicemail so, of course, I hung up and called back. Once the girl finds out I'm same one who called a second ago, she transfers me to the voicemail again! I left a very irate message! I'm pissed!

Original review: March 30, 2017

I called Orkin for a rodent problem I had. The guy came over just to placed 2 glue traps in the attic and spent 2 hours talking about the first girlfriend he had in high school. He did not do anything. I wasted my money and time. Orkin advertising says money back guarantee but guess what, I didn't get my money back because the guy spent 2 hours in my house. I should of read the reviews first. I hope this help other people not to fall for false advertising.

Original review: March 30, 2017

I paid $650 UPFRONT for a pest control and my problem was not solved. I had a exterminator come out on three different occasions and still nothing changed. Finally, fed up I called the Orkin manager and requested a refund and he refused to do so, blatantly just telling me I could not get back my money. On their web page it clearly stated "Money Back Guaranteed". The manager kept insisting that they come out again, but I refuse to let them keep trying to sell me a product that clearly wasn't work for me. It was too much of a hassle moving clothes and furniture back and forth several times a week. This company is a total rip off and I would not recommend to my worst enemy.

Original review: March 15, 2017

I was charged by this company for services NOT received. The technician claimed nobody was home when in fact, due to the snow storm my entire family was home. I called the local branch to rectify it, and instead they charged my card and did not call me back like I asked. Shady stuff and I plan on canceling my contract with these thieves!!! If you look at the receipt, it clearly states signature not entered.

Original review: March 14, 2017

I had Orkin out of Wilmington, NC for my bug maintenance for 3 1/2 years. The first 2 years the service was excellent however the last 1 1/2 years it dropped drastically to basically no service at all. My tech said I was allowed to have in between sprays from my regular dates, but when I started finding more cockroaches and kept calling him, I got no response and then finally he said I have to change my account to increase service. He didn't show up in my place for several months. When I called to see why service tech had not visited, I was told they had cancelled my contract because lack of payment and had turned me into collections for last payment. I inquired about what they were talking about as I have always paid my bills on time, I found out that they had sent the bill to my old address, but had never given me a courtesy phone call or email. Even though they had my correct email or phone.

I reset up my account with them and scheduled a date for tech to visit next time he was on Oak Island, NC. That Tuesday came and went, no tech, no treatment. Made more phone calls to tech's cell phone, text messages to him, called the Wilmington Orkin home office, spoke to both girls in office several times, asked to speak to manager several times with no response back from manager. Also was given wrong info each time I called them stating that manager and tech had called me, IPHONE's do have memory, no phone calls back.

As of today I cancelled my contract, I was then told that it had been canceelled and my key is in the mail already, what a joke as I was just calling them then to cancel. Will see if I receive my key or if I have to change my locks and add security code. VERY LOUSY BUSINESS FOR CUSTOMER SERVICE. DO NOT USE THEM. Called Manning pest control today on Oak Island and they set up an account for me in less than 5 minutes, and set tech up to come out when I could be available with 10 percent discount if paid for the whole year. And they gave my neighbor who referred me a 25$ credit. Wish I found them 1 1/2 year ago.

Original review: March 14, 2017

I contracted with Orkin less than a year ago that was to include services when called or quarterly for one year. December quarterly visit - no show. January visit because December was missed - no show. March visit - had to call on day of appointment to encourage the tech to come out to keep the appointment or else it would have been a no show. On the March appointment tech brought a little tiny puffer of some sort and wanted to only apply treatment in a few corners of the home asking where I thought it should be applied. When asked about spraying the perimeters of the home - he stated, "We don't do that." (That's what I contracted for.) Then he went ahead and did that with much protest and put a sticky trap in one spot (which I did not request nor need). He still missed a few walls - which I pointed out.

Then I told him I wanted to cancel the "contract" since it is not providing any services as promised and not even quarterly. He called his manager and the following day I got an automated debit for $112 that was not authorized and that was never discussed with me. Special note - after they missed the December scheduled appointment, someone called and asked me if they could just show up and treat around the outside of the house. I denied this request because I needed to be there and there is no access to the back and sides of the house but through the inside access, and further, that is not what I contracted for. From my experience with them, they are only going to come out when a contracting opportunity is involved and they are not delivering services as promised or expected.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2017

On 2/23/2017, an Orkin technician responded to my request for rodent control. He placed traps inside the kitchen and garage and advised on various ways to discourage rodents. Specifically, I told him that if a rodent is caught in the kitchen, I will not be able to handle it. Sticky boards were used in the kitchen instead of snap traps because I have a cat. The traps in the kitchen remained empty until late Saturday when it did trap a large rat. It was still alive, of course, and was aggressively trying to free itself. ORKIN advised that I was to call the technician and the call center for removing trapped rodents. I was never told what to do if one is caught on a weekend or after hours. I just assumed Orkin had technicians available during odd times. I called, no one answered. Left messages on technician's and call center's phones.

Sunday morning, sure enough, the rat got free and disappeared. The sticky board was empty. I called again. No answer. It is now 9 AM, PST, 2/27, 3 days later. Thus far, no one has called back. The trap failed because there was not enough glue on the board. The technician put one thin line of glue in the middle of the board. Must be short of glue or something. That rat has not returned. If it's smart, it is probably nesting in another part of the house. We worked hard and waited for this catch. A wasted opportunity. I signed a contract. I will only concede partial payment and dispute the rest. Their sticky boards are a joke. I went to Orchard Supply Hardware and bought some boards for myself. The entire surface of the boards I bought was fully covered with glue. That's how it should be.

Updated 03/01/2017: Continuing with my first review... the Orkin technician did not return my phone calls until Monday, 2/27. He did not listen to the 3 voicemail messages I left on his phone over the weekend and had no idea that one of Orkin's stick board did trap a rat late Saturday, 2/25, but broke free on 2/26. On the phone on 2/27, I complained that no one responded to my calls over the weekend. It was the first time that the technician explained Orkin's call center closes at 2 pm on Saturdays and stays closed until the following business day. Further, there is no after-hours technician available after 7 pm during the week. If I had known of these restrictions, I would never have signed up with Orkin. Further, the technician told me the rat was supposed to dive its nose into the glue to get the bait and, in so doing, suffocate. He said it's unusual for a trapped rodent to break free. Well, surprise comes in small packages! That one broke free.

Orkin did not provide for that contingency. And they are experts?! Consider this: if the rat had remained trapped but still alive or suffocated. Because there was no service over the weekend, that creature would have remained there all weekend, either squealing or decomposing. IN MY KITCHEN. Here's more... on 2/26, I went to Orchard Supply Hardware, bought my own sticky boards and added them to Orkin's boards under the kitchen counter.

On 2/27, some time between 4 and 6:30 pm, the rat emerged from its hiding place. I came home at 6:30 and there it was crouched in a corner. I blocked the kitchen entrance, grabbed my neighbor and he killed/disposed of the rat. All in 5 minutes. Free of charge. Homeowner, 1. Orkin, zero. Technician returned on 2/28 for regular rat trap check and removed the Orkin sticky board from which the rat broke free. Why did he do that? To remove the "evidence" of Orkin's incompetence, I gather. Clearly, if he had put more than just a thin line of glue, that rat would have remained trapped.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2017

I made an appointment for 8 to 10, missed work to be at home when he arrived. He called me 10 minutes after the appointment to say he could not make it. This is not professional at all. I am searching for a new company.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2017

I made an appointment. I was required to give them my credit card information to schedule the appointment, but then they never showed. I feel like they owe me for wasting my time. When I called to find out why no one showed up, I was told they had no idea and will have to wait until Monday morning when the branch opens back up. Now I am going to have to miss work just to have an exterminator check my house. Don't waste your time with a company that thinks nothing of wasting yours.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2017

In October 2016 I requested them to do a 1 year service for roaches on one of my properties and after my 1st appt. while their tech was at the property he made harassing rude inappropriate remarks towards me, how my property looked. I called the local office, requested to speak with the manager and when he didn't call me back they billed me and when I refused to pay it and called him again and told him that he and his low life employee needed to stop leaving rude notes on my door and rude voicemails they continued to show up unannounced and even did treatments outside the property after I told them I didn't want their business.

Fast forward to yesterday. I caught his employee watching my house when I pulled into my driveway after work. He approached me and said they weren't going away and if I didn't allow them back onto the properties I had assigned for treatment that they would turn me in for unsafe environmental hazards. They can't be making false harassing allegations like this and bullying people once they have terminated the contract.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2017

Orkin has protected this home for 58 years under the same contract!! Yes it is at an unbelievable price due to it never being cancelled. There is not a doubt in my mind of whether or not we were given an excellent product and application 5 years ago when they retreated for a termite infestation. They did a great job in repairing damage and the retreat. But, this is not the heart of the issue. The heart of the issue is, Orkin wants to nullify a bond that has been active for close to 58 years based on a payment not received that was issued and sent through the Federal Mailing System. 40 days before the coverage ended.

The facts are: The coverage was from 12/16 – 12/17 (noted on invoice). I received an invoice October and November. I issued the payment to Orkin using Orkin's envelope and method of transit (USPS) - November 20, 2016. I mailed the invoice stub and check ** November 20, 2016. Orkin did not receive the payment. I was never notified or warned that this policy was being cancelled - They had my active cell #. I reached out to Orkin by phone (1-11-2017) when I noticed that the check hadn’t cleared my bank. Orkin then informed me that I no longer had an account (due to non-payment). This clearly is not right for Orkin to relinquish this policy taking the said events into account.

The branch Manager Phil ** clarified to me that there is a 30 day grace period. In actuality this coverage ended January 1, 2017. Thirty days from that point is January 30, 2017. I have asked them to reinstate this account seeing and understanding these events. I asked that he would operate with the high integrity he claims to possess.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2016

If I could rate it less I would rate them a negative 5 very poor service. The tech could not tell the difference between a snake and roach bait. She would come out and ask where we saw roaches and spray a little. We were promised full reports. Full coverage spray in the house bait and outside spraying. We ended providing our own bait. She did not spray anywhere but where we saw roaches, we kept telling her we saw the around the refrigerator. She said they do not go in electronics. Ended up having more pests after using them than before. If you want to lose your money and get no results then by all mean use them.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2016

They are prompt when we call and need assistance. Their staff are extremely knowledgeable and thorough in their assessment and treatment of the problem. They take the time to carefully explain the pests and how they behave; what the treatment will do as well as risks to pets and people. They listen to our questions and concerns and give thorough answers that address the issues. Staff are friendly and genuinely want to help.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2016

They will not follow through. First visit I was told would be an 45 min. to an hour, with full report. Never got a report. Took 10 minutes. Ask where I saw the bug, sprayed and left. One day after he left I had a bigger problem than before he came. My tile floors were black from all the bug. I called and was told, "Oh that's too bad. You get more bugs in your home this time of year. Tell your guy next time he comes out". He also said oh well too bad I must have stirred something up. Then we started to have mice in our kitchen. All they did was give us some traps to put down ourselves, so I call for my money back, was told he will be out tomorrow to fix between 3-5pm and hung up on me.

This time he put 2 traps down, put some foam in a hole and left. After our year was up they keep coming even though I asked our guy not to. We could not afford to pay that much. Still had a problem with mice and spiders. So I called, left a voice mail telling them that if they are not going to do anything to help give me my money back and stop coming out and that I would like to talk to someone so to please call. Never called, so I called again. Once again I was told they will not give me my money back but will send someone today. So once again my husband leaves work early. The guy spent 2 minutes taking pictures, said his team will figure out what to do and call back. That was 4 months ago! Nothing. No calls, no money. So I had a contractor and my dad and I all worked to get the mouse problem fixed.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2016

The people were very efficient and took the time to explain what they were doing. The cost was very affordable. I love dealing with Orkin Pest Control. The people that I have dealt with are very friendly and very efficient. They call ahead to make sure I'm home. When spraying they spray in every place that I ask with no questions asked. I would recommend this company to anyone. My rating would be excellent and a high five.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2016

They are wonderful. Always check to see if we have issues, always knock down wasp nests for me and they make sure we have no ants in the house and no fleas in the yard. They come in between appointments if requested at not cost. I've used other services. None were this good. They use special chemicals that won't bother asthmatics without asking! Excellent service and attention to detail. I always get a call the night before my tech comes. He has serviced my home for years.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2016

I am 78 years old, living on a fixed income. I live in Fort Sumner NM. A few years ago I needed pest control so called Orkin. My closest provider is in Amarillo TX. The Orkin man came over a few times that year and has a few times in the years since. In October I got a telephone call from a technician telling me he was coming the next day. I was out of town and told him not to come. I told him I couldn't afford it, that I was gone and that I didn't want him to come. He called back later and apologized but told me he HAD to come and spray the outside of my house. Then I got a bill for $80.95. My Social Security is just $559 per month. So I wrote the Amarillo office and they told me I had signed a form giving them authorization to come every month, even when I was not home.

I told them I hadn't given such authorization. They then sent me a form that I had initialled over two years before. I had initialled it, but it was for a specific situation and nothing that I ever intended to be in effect eternally. Now I am getting overdue notices. I have written them, have written the Better Business Bureau in Amarillo, with no response except overdue notices from a lady named Janice. I pay my bills, but I don't feel that this bill was ever justified. I told him not to come. The technician said he understood but that he had no choice since his manager was insisting that he come. I don't ever want to hear the name Orkin again. I've told all the people at the Senior Center and at my church to stay away from Orkin. This is very upsetting to me. Can you possibly help me? I don't know where else to turn.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2016

Before contract ORKIN guarantee to eliminate the mice from house and I paid more $550. They spent more than 6 months and could not find from where the mice come. They are still coming from outside. In my opinion this company is literally incapable of controlling the rodents and have no idea how to stop them. They just take money every month and ultimate result is zero. Their service is poor. If you are looking to control the rodents or mice better look any other company. They just look for your money. They have no expert and no idea. So do not--do not hire this company at all.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2016

Orkin automatically schedules quarterly service calls. This past October, the Saturday appointment they scheduled for me was not convenient, so I called and left a message to reschedule. I never got a call back, and the technician showed up anyway. He called to ask why no one was home. I rescheduled with him then for a different Saturday. The day of the rescheduled appointment he never showed up or called, and no one answered at the office or returned my messages. The following business day, I called the office reschedule for a diff entry Saturday. The day of that appointment the SAME EXACT THING happened! When I called the following Monday, they told me our usual tech no longer works for them, as if that somehow explains why they couldn't keep the appointment they made. They offered to send a different tech on a weeknight in an attempt to make up for their blunders.

I explained that we were told in the past that since we work until five we can only have a Saturday appointment, but the office scheduler assured me she was making a note for the tech to come after 5:45 when we would be home. Well, he showed up at four, and called me at work to say he won't come back after five because by then he is "home cooking dinner." When I called the office, they basically accused me of lying about the appointment time since they "would never schedule like that." I know what time I get out of work every day. Why would I make an appointment that I couldn't keep? Especially after waiting for over a month for them to show up! They offered to give us our next visit free, but I felt that was just way too risky. I am absolutely shocked at the lack of professionalism and reliability at this Orkin location.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2016

My husband called Orkin for a 1 time pest treatment. He was talked into signing a 1 year contract for pest control AND complete termite treatment for $938, and the full amount was charged on my Visa card. He was not well when talked into those services and passed away 28 days later. I was shocked when I got the credit card bill. I called Orkin, and asked what the charges were for. When she told me about the termite contract, I told her that we had the house treated for termites 5 years earlier. All she would say was "we got his signature." The manager was unwilling to make any adjustment on the bill and just kept saying "he signed the contract." I feel like Orkin took advantage and I will never do business with them again. Buyer beware!

Original review: Nov. 4, 2016

I had a bed bug problem for the first time in my home of 20 years so when I googled for exterminators, Orkin was top of the list so I called them. They confirmed an appointment for the next day but couldn't give me a time so I waited all day. Around 4pm I called only to be told I wasn't on the schedule for that day. Nobody told me they'd be here today. I was desperate enough to let them reschedule and they did make it the next time. Not only did they not do a good job in the basement but they completely missed my bedroom. I had no bug problems anymore in those other rooms but still a bad invasion in my bedroom but I stuck it out til the 4th week. I texted the guy who told me I may text him if I need them before they came back. He never did reply to me.

Next day I called the office and we set up an appointment for the next morning anytime before I had to leave at 12:30. I set my alarm clock for 7:00, got all ready in case they came at 8:00. Waited all morning til 11:00 when I called to see what's going on. Once again, I was told I wasn't on the schedule that day, nobody told me they were coming over, oh no, they're coming over Friday! At this point I'm about to boil over and asked if she was calling me a liar?

My second time with them both no show with same excuses so I told her this business practice is just completely unacceptable and take my contract and tear it up as I'm going to go with another exterminator. When I went to hunt for one, I couldn't believe what popped out at me on Google; 395 complaints against Orkin! The very first review had exactly the same complaint as mine and more too. Stay away from Orkin! When I told her to tear up my contract, she just said okay; could it possibly be they're very used to that now? Shame on them!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2016

So I paid for a yearly service with orkin and September was my last month for the service. They came and at same time they came had a contractor about something else. Told Orkin guy I had something digging under my porch and he said they dont do that service. Orkin said they were done and asked for signature which we signed not thinking had walk around, make sure the work was completed. Well big mistake. Walked around hour later to see I had cobwebs all over my back porch still and I have wasps fly all over my front porch because there nest in steps.

Well I never received a bill so I assumed they weren't charging me because nothing wasn't completed, so I tried take care of the nest myself... and a month and week later I received a bill for that day when nothing was done. And orkin says because signed orkin paperwork that I have pay for that service. I was like "well if you come out and take care problem I will pay for bill", but because it was over month ago they won't come out without charging me again. And then there like I had service set up in November which I clearly told them when called last time I do not want service again from them. Orkin does not care if their customers are happy at all, and it's because if there issue they send service guy back on their own time. I was told this by one of service guy. They don't pay them, so why would things get don't correctly. Do not trust this company, is not worth all money they charge.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2016

I made an appt for a specific time and date and I confirmed with my tenant that she would be home and she rearranged her schedule as a school teacher to be there. Well they never showed up or called. So when I called they made it for a week later their mistake. Then they keep it for the date they originally made and again the school teacher changed her schedule and had to get sub to cover her class. Once again they never showed for the original that that made. They come the next day late and she happen to be home.

So 30 day later they had to come back again and of again problems with their communication. SO a few months went by and I decided to give them a try for a termite inspection. We schedule a time and the day of the inspection they called to confirm my appt and I thought great this time they are coming out and finally got it right. WELL I waited until 7 pm and nobody showed up and nobody called. THEY ARE A HORRIBLE COMPANY. The next day I called Terminix and they did exactly as they said on time and to the point. NEVER NEVER USE ORKIN.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2016

We had problems with moles in our yard. I contacted Orkin Pest Control in March of 2016. A salesman came out to the house and I showed him the mole activity. He assured me that Orkin could help. I signed a contract and at this time I was led to believe by the salesman that the service was good until Oct 2016. I paid the fee of $475.00 and we set up a time for a technician to come out. A couple of days later the technician came out, set a couple of traps at the back edge of the yard, spread some mole deterrent around and left. It took him about ten minutes That was the last time I saw or heard from anyone!!! I called the salesman just about every week and he promised that someone would be out soon. Well, that never happened.

In July, I finally called the office and talked to a manager who told me that these contracts only go for TWO MONTHS!! I told him that the salesman led me to believe that it would go until Oct. After talking to the salesman he finally agreed to honor this and told me that they would continue the contract until Oct 2016 and that a technician would be out to the house the following week. That was the last time I heard from them. Not only did they literally steal my $475, they continually lied to me. This company will not honor their contract and their words are lies!!! Do business with at your own RISK!!!

Original review: Sept. 10, 2016

I've been calling this company since last month for an inspection cause we're having a fruit fly problem and still nothing!!! They said someone should call in the next 24hr to set up an inspection, still no call. This is the worst company ever. The customer service sucks, very misleading!!! I wouldn't recommend it.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2016

I recently inquired with Orkin about a "possible" infestation issue in my home. Upon calling customer service, I was told that there would be a fee for an inspection. After calling a few places, I found that Orkin was the only company that does not do a complimentary inspection. I asked the customer service line to give me a ballpark figure of what we'd be looking at price wise, as I already had two other quotes, and she let me know, in a very snarky and rude tone, that their company does not do business that way and she had noted my file that I was just "price shopping and not a serious consumer." I am also a small business owner with a corporate contract with Orkin (that I did not mention during my initial phone call) and will be discontinuing service with them due to their poor customer service.

Orkin Pest Control Company Information