Call toll free
5.00/5
Based on 10 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Open Road Moving & Storage is a licensed, insured and bonded Carrier as well as a licensed moving broker with a large network. Because of our carrier database, we are able to negotiate the best rates for your long-distance move so you can relax during a typically stressful time. We also handle the entire pre-screening process checking things like safety records, reputation, valid DOT numbers, insurance and contracts. Rely on Open Road Moving & Storage as your moving liaison to make your next move a breeze.

10 Open Road Moving & Storage Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 14, 2018

Open Road Moving helped me move from Florida to Phoenix AZ. Tom, the sales rep explained the costs clearly and made the process very simple. The movers boxed up my apartment for me and delivered all of my belongings with on time and undamaged. Very professional. I would recommend 10/10.

Get expert buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 31, 2018

A neighbor of mine initially referred me to Open Road Moving. And then, I spoke to Bryan over there at Open Road. He's the one that initially set me up and they made me feel comfortable with their whole process. My neighbor who had already completed their move told me how the process went from beginning to start. Between here and my neighbor's experience and then speaking to Bryan, Open Road Moving won over my confidence. Bryan kept it super simple but made me aware of all the ins and outs, such as how I should prepare my packing. He told me what to expect in my front yard and what time to expect the movers. It wasn’t too over complicated. He was knowledgeable and I was informed of everything I needed to know.

And then, I dealt with Judy in the customer service department and she gave me a call every day, first thing in the morning to keep me up to date on where the truck is at and when to expect them. I referred Open Road Moving to my family members already and I continue to do so. This is the first long distance move I had made and they did what they needed to do.

Mark,

Thank you for choosing Open Road Moving and Storage and sharing about your experience! We wish you the best of luck in your new home, and appreciate your business!

Original review: May 30, 2018

The movers were courteous, friendly, and delivered my items in a timely fashion. The price was a little bit higher but it was worth the money to not have any headaches, I was very stressed out about the big move and you guys made it easier for me. I will definitely hire this company again for any future moves.

Open Road Moving & Storage response

Thank you for your kind words, we appreciate your business!

Original review: May 30, 2018

I was doing a job relocation and my corporation wasn't paying for it. They were doing a reimbursement process so I had to find my own mover. Open Road's got good reviews and the salesman I spoke with, Josh, got my questions answered before I would spend for reservation. So it made me feel really comfortable. As far as being competitive with other companies, they didn't even bash the other companies. They just gave me their version of how the move would go and that was why I went with them. Everybody else was telling not to go with them and that they're a scammer. But I guess they're very competitive 'cause those people are crazy.

I had a move down to Florida about two months prior so I just gave Open Road my last bill and the information over there. I got a couple of add-ons and gave them an inventory then they gave me a flat rate for the move. Then the movers showed up. But with me working all day and night, I didn't have time to pack the TV so Open Road charged me $45 for the TV. But that was my fault.

Open Road's movers didn't break anything like the last company did. But the last company just chipped a chair and otherwise, they were pretty good too. But they were a bit too expensive and I had to get my own company. On the other hand, Open Road did a great job for me and if I gotta find a mover again and my company is paying for it, I would go ahead and call them. They're really good people and customer service always answered. It made me feel really comfortable about my decision. That's what you need when you're moving your stuff across country. You gotta be able to trust these people 'cause I didn't know them and they didn't know me.

Sherman,

Thank you for choosing Open Road Moving and Storage. We are glad we could help make your relocation as smooth as possible, and hope to hear from you soon!

Original review: May 25, 2018

Had an overall great experience with Open Road movers customer service were helpful, the moving was efficient, my items got to my new move without any damage. I would highly recommend Open Road movers to a friend. Their price for the move was within my budget. Choose Open Road for your next move.

Open Road Moving & Storage response

Thank you for sharing about your experience. We wish you and your family the best of luck in your new start!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Open Road Moving & Storage?

Original review: May 25, 2018

I recently moved this past week after our kids got out of school and Open Road Moving and Storage made the move seamless. The workers were extremely professional and listened to all of our requests, couldn't have asked for a better company to work with.

Open Road Moving & Storage response

Thank you for taking the time to provide us positive feedback! We appreciate your business.

Original review: May 25, 2018

Having moved before, I've learned to do my homework and ask the right questions. Initially, when deciding who would move my home to New Jersey, Open Road was able to explain the entire process for me. Judy, in customer service was very helpful along the way. Open Road was able to deliver my belongings on time and in same condition. I have my daughter moving in a few months, and will definitely insist she use them.

Open Road Moving & Storage response

Thank you for sharing about your experience and for choosing our company! We look forward to meeting your daughter and helping her as well.

Original review: May 25, 2018

We had a great experience with this moving company. The movers showed up on time and were very professional. All of our furniture arrived at our new home in great condition, no scratches or marks on anything. By far the best movers out there and we highly recommend their service.

Open Road Moving & Storage response

Thank you for choosing Open Road Moving and Storage! Wishing you and your family the best of luck in your new home!

Original review: May 17, 2018

I had to move because of a job relocation. We went from New York to Florida. I went online then I put my information in and got a million phone calls. It was very harassing and was not the best process, but I was lucky enough to find Open Road. I felt the trust with them and this was the first time I moved. The representatives on the phone were very professional. And all the questions that I had were answered. Every time I called, they picked up. That was my biggest thing because it was late in a day and I was calling a lot and they answered. So, I was very appreciative of that.

The reps told me not to make any travel dates. They told me exactly what to pack and what to expect. Everything they told me happened, so I was pretty prepared. All my items successfully made it to my house and they were not broken which was all I really care for. But the delivery was a little late. I could have found a cheaper price of a moving service, but to have the insurance that my stuff's gonna make it there undamaged gave me that peace of mind, so I was okay with it.

Sean,

We want to thank you for sharing about your experience, and entrusting our company to help with your relocation!

Open Road Moving & Storage expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Open Road Moving and Storage offers local and long distance moving services along with packing services and auto transport. They are a licensed and insured carrier in Florida and a licensed broker that can facilitate state-to-state moves using their network of moving companies.

• Residential moving services: Open Road Moving and Storage offers packing services in addition to long distance moving. They can help you with a full-service move, or they can haul your belongings from your old home to your new one.

• Commercial moving services: Use Open Road Moving and Storage for all of your commercial move needs, including packing, unpacking, storage and deliveries. They can handle interstate, state-to-state and international commercial moves.

• Auto transport: Open Road Moving and Storage can arrange for the safe transportation of your automobile to your new location. Availability might be limited, so call as soon in advance as possible to schedule.

• Best for: individuals and corporations making interstate moves.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs