2. Homeowners

4.0/5 (128 ratings)
Learn More
Call Now Toll Free

About OneGuard Home Warranties

OneGuard Home Warranties is the premier home warranty that's currently available in Arizona, Nevada and Texas only. Not only do we cover your home systems and appliances, but we also offer an array of home maintenance services. From carpet cleaning and window washing to sprinkler repairs, you can rest assured that OneGuard Home Warranties will be there to help remove more hassles. Look no further, and contact us today to get a quote.

Pros

• Low service call fees
  • Advanced services
  • Low monthly cost
  • Fast response times

Cons

• Cancellation fee (after 30 days)
  • Limited availability

Bottom Line

OneGuard is a trusted leader in the home warranty industry known for generous coverage. While availability is limited, if you qualify for coverage, OneGuard offers great plans and services.

Top OneGuard Home Warranties Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

You don't want to be without an A/C in summer in Texas. OneGuard took care of me and followed up to make sure my repairs was done. I just went online today to see if I could get a...

Verified

Recently my hot water heater went out […] A guy came out and looked at it. 48 hours later, I had a new hot water heater. I plan on continuing with OneGuard. In both times we submi...

OneGuard Home Warranties plans

OneGuard Home Warranties serve home buyers, existing homeowners and home sellers in Arizona, Texas and Nevada with home protection plans, helping them fix major household systems and appliances that breakdown. They also offer home maintenance services not typically covered by other companies, such as HVAC tune-ups, carpet cleaning, pest control, weed kill treatment and landscaping.

OneGuard offers homeowners three plan to choose from to fit their needs and budgets:

• ApplianceGuard: This plan covers nine home appliances, like refrigerators, washers and dryers, and nine special services, including carpet cleaning and pest control. No systems are covered in this plan.
  • SystemGuard: This plan covers 13 home systems and similar special services and optional coverages included in the ApplianceGuard plan. No appliances are covered in this plan.
  • HomeGuard: This plan covers both major household appliances and home systems and includes all items covered under the ApplianceGuard and SystemGuard plans. Additional services are available under this plan, including HVAC and garage door tune-up services. More add-on options and upgrade coverage are also available as part of the HomeGuard plan.

OneGuard Home Warranties cost

OneGuard home warranty costs vary among the three states covered, but overall, plan prices range from $32 per month to $59 per month. OneGuard’s service call fee is set at $69 across all plans, which is also on the lower end compared with the industry average, which ranges from $60 to $125. You can request a free quote from OneGuard Home Warranties to get an exact price for your home.

OneGuard Home Warranties coverage

OneGuard provides ample coverage for both appliances and systems. They also provide services less common to the home warranty industry, like carpet cleaning, lawn care and pest control. These services are included in all three of their standard plans, which is a huge advantage in OneGuard’s favor. Preventative features like termite treatment and system tune-ups can save homeowners money in the long run.

The company’s largest coverage plan is the HomeGuard plan, which covers the following:

• Built-in microwave
  • Preferred upgrade coverage
  • Water heater
  • HVAC tune-ups
  • Carpet cleaning
  • Ceiling fan and light fixture installation
  • Dryer vent cleaning
  • Free security system
  • Garage door tune-ups
  • Lawn fertilization
  • Lawn pre-emergent weed control
  • Lawn weed kill treatment
  • Pest control system
  • Re-key and garage remote re-program
  • Security alarm coverage
  • Termite treatment
  • Utility connection services
  • Window cleaning

OneGuard offers optional add-on coverage for additional appliances, like a second refrigerator unit, and other items like pools and spas, guest houses, septic systems, sprinkler systems, water softeners and well pumps. A full list of optional coverage is available on OneGuard’s website.

OneGuard Home Warranties coverage exclusions

OneGuard’s service contract does not cover known pre-existing conditions, which is pretty standard in all home warranty contracts. In addition, unknown pre-existing defects are not covered unless outlined under their “no-fault coverage,” which covers certain issues due to rust, corrosion and improper maintenance, repair and installation. Generally, the homeowner is responsible for routine maintenance. OneGuard holds the right to not provide coverage for repairs that result due to homeowner negligence. This includes any issues caused by factors outside of normal wear-and-tear, like misuse or abuse of the items. The contract, like most home warranty contracts, also will not cover cosmetic defects or commercial grade systems or appliances.

OneGuard places certain coverage exclusions on individual systems and appliances. These exclusions are generally related to small parts and accessories or other items that aren’t essential to the core function of the appliance or system. For example, when it comes to refrigerator coverage, all mechanical parts are covered, including the ice maker and ice/water dispenser, but removable equipment such as shelves, racks and drawers are not covered.

Any repair to a component listed as a coverage exclusion will be the responsibility of the homeowner. You can find a full list of exclusions via OneGuard's sample contract.

OneGuard Home Warranties coverage limits

The maximum limits for appliance and system coverages range from $250 to $2,000, while the maximum limits for optional coverages range from $500 to $2,500. Prices may vary slightly from state to state.

OneGuard sets individual coverage limits for certain items. This is the maximum payout they will provide. If a repair or replacement costs more than the coverage limit, you would be responsible for paying for the difference. This is standard on most home warranty contracts, and OneGuard places these limits on very few of their covered items.

ItemOneGuard’s coverage limit
Kitchen appliances$2,500
Ductwork$500
Glycol, hydronic, steam or geothermal HVAC systems$1,500
Permits and code upgrades$250
Plumbing leaks obstructed by concrete$1,000
Weed kill treatment, yard landscape maintenanceUp to 10,000 square feet

OneGuard Home Warranties claims

Claims can be submitted 24 hours a day, 7 days a week via a toll-free number or online. OneGuard promises you will receive a return call from one of their approved service providers within four hours during business hours, which is much faster than the industry average of 24–48 hours.

How to request service from OneGuard:

1. Submit a claim online or by calling OneGuard’s toll-free number as soon as you discover a problem.
  2. OneGuard will contact one of their approved service contractors who will contact you within four hours (48 on weekends and holidays) to schedule an appointment.
  3. Pay the service call fee and have the repair made.

Service recall period: Should the repair fail or the same issue occur again within the 30-day recall period, OneGuard will send another technician to make repairs without charging you an additional service call fee.

Emergency service: OneGuard defines emergencies as any condition that makes your home uninhabitable, such as interior flooding, complete loss of heat or cooling in extreme temperatures or substantial loss of electrical service. In the event of an emergency, OneGuard will make all efforts to expedite your service. 24-hour emergency service is available for interior flooding.

OneGuard Home Warranties FAQ

Is a home inspection required by OneGuard Home Warranties?

No. A home inspection is not required to get coverage from OneGuard. In respect to filing a claim under the “no-fault coverage” option, a visual inspection may be needed to confirm whether the breakdown was caused by an unknown pre-existing condition. This inspection can be performed by a licensed contractor or a state-certified home inspection.

Is there a cancellation fee for OneGuard?

Yes. If you cancel after the contract’s effective date, a $50 administrative fee will apply. You can cancel your OneGuard contract at any time and will be entitled to a pro-rated refund on the remainder of your contract.

Can I choose my own service provider?

No. OneGuard has an approved list of service contractors they work with and will match a contractor with you for each service. Any work done by an unapproved service provider will be at your own cost, as is standard to all home warranty contracts.

Is OneGuard worth it?

OneGuard home warranty plans are flexible, affordable and come with low service call fees. Homeowners have 24/7 claim access, and OneGuard reports the fastest response times in the industry. Aside from standard coverage, they offer a wide variety of home care and maintenance services not typically offered by other home warranty providers. The biggest drawback is that OneGuard is only available in Arizona, Nevada and Texas. OneGuard is a trusted leader in the home warranty industry and is known for generous coverage options.

OneGuard Home Warranties Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about OneGuard Home Warranties?

Original review: March 14, 2021

It's easy to go online and submit a claim with OneGuard and they end up getting back to us pretty quickly. Somebody schedules the service and they give us a call within 24 to 48 hours. All the people that they've contracted to come out have done a really great job, too. They've helped us with a leaking water heater, a gas leak near the water heater, a gas leak under the stove, and an electrical light switch problem. We also always schedule our AC tuneups through them and we've had a broken AC twice. Sometimes it takes a little long for things to get done through OneGuard versus calling somebody and it gets done that same day. Sometimes, it also takes a few days or weeks for whoever they're contracting to get to call us back.

One time, we had to ask them to change contractors. Then, I would prefer using the same contractor for the same issues but they would not always do that until sometimes I'd tell them that I would rather get this particular company. But they're good about it if I asked them to switch and they're easy to work with. Other than that, I'm really happy with them and everything's been great.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Jeffrey of Austin, Thank you so much for the 5 star review and providing such thoughtful testimony regarding your customer service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties! Making it easy to request service and offering prompt and accurate resolution with friendly professionals is exactly what we strive for, and we are happy to hear how pleased you are with the level of service and support you received. On behalf of the entire team, thank you again for entrusting OneGuard with all your home warranty and home service needs! We truly value your continued business and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Get buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2021

It takes a long time for OneGuard to answer the phone, especially on the weekends. They said they'd be open for 24 hours. But one weekend, I was on hold for one hour just to get someone to answer and take our claim. If I've called in the morning around 9:00 or 8:00, Arizona time, it will still take about 25 minutes for me to get someone. Bur as soon as I get someone on the phone, they do amazing and they process it fast.

There was one time we had an issue where the people came out and serviced all four air conditioning systems in my house. I asked them to service three, but they ended up servicing all four. It was supposed to be $69 for each one and then they canceled my account two months later without telling me that I didn't pay the $69 service fee for the extra air conditioning that I didn't ask to be serviced. I wished they would have called me so I would have paid it 'cause I never had any problems paying the fee.

When we first moved into our house, we had a very hard time with plumbers. We had a plumbing company come out about eight times to fix something in our bathroom. We have a custom tub with these really expensive handles. The plumber just put the tools to tighten it up on top of it and scraped up the hot and cold handles, which cost $400 to replace. Then we had a septic tank and the guy who did the septic tank worked on it without any gloves on. Then he came upstairs and he was touching everything without any gloves on and tracking the stuff in there.

The plumber told us that he was gonna come back. Time went by and he didn't come back and he stopped answering calls. This was the first time we were having this problem. We contacted the plumber personally and he said that he was going to come and put the parts back in. That had been three months and he kept blowing us off. We called OneGuard and after two hours on the phone and with multiple different people, they finally had this guy come back out and he still didn't fix it. OneGuard kept saying they couldn't get a new plumbing company out because he was the original person. Finally, they did get a second plumbing company but they couldn't fix the problem either.

OneGuard ended up paying us out but it took a whole seven months before they even paid us out on the problem that the guy originally told us he couldn't fix. That was the only problem with one plumbing company. We've had a really good time with our air conditioning people and the other plumbers we've had. We just know now when we call, not to request that plumbing company anymore.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Julie of Gilbert, Thank you so much for taking the time to submit a 5 star review regarding your customer service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties and our contractors! Your satisfaction is our top priority, and we appreciate your testimony and the opportunity to serve as your home warranty provider. Please also know your feedback is very important as it aids in our constant pursuit to improve, and we look forward to exceeding your expectations in the future. On behalf of the entire team, thank you again! We truly value your continued business and look forward to serving you soon. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Dec. 2, 2020

I had fantastic support from OneGuard since day one. I have their contract in two different houses-- the one I live and a rental property. I never had any issue with them over the years, except during the summer with covid. The quality went down significantly. It was not filing a claim and getting someone to the house, but the level of the people showing up to the house was really poor. On the one issue that I had during that summer that they were unable to resolve, we had to escalate that. Whenever we escalated, it was a bit painful but we got to a good resolution for both sides.

When I was having difficulty with OneGuard, I signed up with another company but my experience with that other company was horrible so I quickly cancelled and went back to OneGuard. The level of support from the other company, especially with me being a new client, was a lot worse than the issues I was having with OneGuard. So OneGuard is definitely way ahead of their competition. They are a much better service than their competitors for sure. More recently, I can clearly see that they went back to the initial quality, so I'm quite happy with them so far.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Simao of Houston, Thank you so much for providing OneGuard Home Warranties with a 5 star rating and open commentary regarding your service experiences. Our number one priority is your satisfaction and it is always our most esteemed pleasure to assist you with all your home warranty and home services needs. Please know we also value the important feedback you provided. Your testimony plays a vital role in our quality assurance and offers great insight on how we can improve to better serve our valued homeowners. On behalf of the entire team, thank you for entrusting OneGuard! We truly value your business and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Nov. 29, 2020

My son and his husband live in Phoenix and they have OneGuard. They always had wonderful results. I knew by them that OneGuard stood behind what they said they would do. Thru their recommendation, I decided that’s who I’d go with. They've always been very good. I give them a call and tell them what my problem is. I always had good results on who they use here in Las Vegas. All of them have been good.

On the last claim I had, the guy got here and the washing machine worked after he got here. The filter had stuck on it and I tried getting all of that. However, instead of giving you a four-hour time frame, their time frame was from 10 o'clock in the morning to 5 o'clock in the afternoon which is too long. You’d have to sit around and wait.

I live in a condo and I had a water leak coming in from the outside into the wall which was my responsibility. Luckily, the HOA had dug a hole outside to make sure it wasn’t their leak. But I had to pay extra because the company charged me $80 to cut a hole out to get into the wall which took about a minute and a half. They would not fix it without extra charge. They said they didn’t fix that but they covered the hole back up. The home warranty wouldn't cover any of that but I can't complain because they saved me $500 twice now. I’m very happy with them and any chance I get, I would recommend. When the lady that lives next door to me and the president of the HOA found out that I had home warranty, they asked me for the name.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Gale of Las Vegas, Thank you so much for providing OneGuard Home Warranties with a 5 star review and thoughtful testimony regarding your overall service experiences! Your satisfaction with all your home warranty and home services needs remains at the forefront of our priorities and we are happy to hear how pleased you are with the level of service and support you have received. We also appreciate your understanding with respect to coverage and the warranty process. On behalf of the entire team, thank you for entrusting OneGuard! We truly value your loyal business and recommendations and look forward to serving you for years to come. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Oct. 31, 2020

It wasn't OneGuard when I started with them almost 17 years ago. It was ServiceOne. Every single person, except one time, was ultra courteous, polite, and conversational. They were very aware of keeping things clean when they were done with whatever they were doing. Washer, dryer, garbage disposal, refrigerator, oven, or replacing parts. They have always done a good job, except one time. It was strange because it was almost like the poor man didn't know what he was doing. I basically had to help him put the kitchen faucet on the sink. That was eight years ago. I’ve had other home warranty companies send me stuff, and I would never change. I’ve always been very pleased with OneGuard. The only thing I noticed over the years is that it takes longer waiting for someone to get on the phone. They want you to do it online. I’m almost 77 years old and I hate using the computer. I'd rather talk to someone and that's what I've always done.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Ronald of Tempe, Thank you so much for the 5 star review and such thoughtful testimony regarding your overall service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties! It is always our most esteemed pleasure to assist you with all your home warranty and home services needs, and we are honored by the opportunity to serve you over the years. Thank you also for providing important feedback regarding hold times. Please know it is our constant endeavor to ensure your calls to OneGuard are answered as quickly as possible, and we appreciate your patience in holding during times of larger than normal call volume as we create service requests for breakdowns, provide updates, and actively work to obtain equipment for our valued customers. On behalf of the entire OneGuard team, thank you again! We truly value your loyal business and look forward to serving you again. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Sept. 29, 2021

I have been very displeased with OneGuard. I had a couple of situations in the last few years where I've been tempted to drop them. I had a situation where, right around Christmas, the hot water heater went out on us. They came out here and left us without anything, because they said they wouldn't replace it. We were a week or two without a hot water heater, so I had to go out and purchase my own, which was not right. In the last month, I had a motor go out on my pool. They replaced it and a week later, the motor that they replaced it with started making the same noise, going out. I sent a couple of emails, talked to three different people, and no help at all. Fortunately, I contacted the rep, Camille, and she was very helpful.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Charles of Mesa, Thank you for bringing this information to our attention and allowing OneGuard the opportunity to review your situation firsthand. Customer satisfaction is our utmost priority and we sincerely apologize for any frustration. We have confirmed the issue with your pool equipment has been resolved, and that a check was processed on your behalf for the water heater. Representatives are also available to assist you 24/7, 365 days a year and we are always happy to help with any of your service requests when you need additional assistance. Thank you again for your consideration. We truly value your business and appreciate the opportunity to provide this information. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Sept. 23, 2021

We created request for dishwasher repair on 8/3 with service request#**. It took them 10 days to confirm that it cannot be repaired and has to be replaced. We confirmed on August 14th that we would choose for the option to replace the appliance replaced as opposed to getting cash. It took them another 10 days to place the order for replacement which they only did after multiple follow-ups.

Finally on August 23rd they provided us with vendor name - DARYL Flood Logistics who would ship the appliance. However we called the vendor, they confirmed that they do not have service to any appliance to our location. We called back to One Guard immediately to inform that the shipping company doesn't ship to our location, they ignored and asked us to wait till the ETA mentioned in the email which was 9/18/2021. When we called on 9/18/2021, they asked us to call back on 9/20/2021. When we reached out on 9/20/2021, they said the shipping company doesn't deliver to our location. We have been calling everyday now requesting supervisor to call us back, but there has been no response past 3 days. This company is the most unprofessional service we have ever seen who is not responsible and deliver poor quality service.

I am pregnant and informed them that not having dishwasher has been so inconvenient, but they completely ignored my situation and now it has been almost 2 months we have no dishwasher. We requested to change back to cash back option so we can install the dishwasher ourselves today. But upon this request, One guard informs us saying we will be charged for restocking the order we had placed almost 1 month back whereas we have no tracking number or status where this dishwasher is coming from since a month now. We have been disgusted with the customer service who do not even try to resolve the issue and just give random stories everyday with different reason that the dishwasher is on its way. We now are stuck and feel left with no option in this scenario. I will be having a baby soon and badly needed a dishwasher to get started.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Kshitija of Paradise Valley, Thank you for bringing this information to our attention and allowing OneGuard the opportunity to review your service history firsthand. Our top priority is customer satisfaction and to service our valued homeowners as quickly as possible, and we sincerely regret the frustration. Please know we have confirmed a home depot git card has been processed on your behalf for the dishwasher replacement. Thank you again for your consideration and allowing OneGuard the opportunity to serve you. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Sept. 16, 2021

The inspector of the house said that the pressure in my lines might be too high, so I had a plumber come out and check. I then had a problem with the dishwasher, and someone came to deal with that. I had another one just recently wherein my heating system had a problem with the thermostat, and I had somebody come for that as well. I've used OneGuard three times, and each time, they've sent a very competent company out to do the work. The ease of scheduling an appointment has been the best though. I've used another home warranty company in the past, and it was very difficult to schedule. I've never needed to talk to a live person with OneGuard, but with the other company, I could never get ahold of someone that could resolve an issue for me. I'm really pleased with how easy it is to use OneGuard. It's been great.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Ethel of Manor, On behalf of the entire team, thank you so much for the 5 star review and providing such positive remarks regarding your excellent customer service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties and our contractors! Our top priority is your complete satisfaction and to make the process easy and hassle free, and we are happy to know how well the warranty process has worked for you. Thank you again for the opportunity! We truly value your business and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Sept. 14, 2021

One of the best things about OneGuard is the customer service and I've got a very good rep, Deb. She's wonderful and we've become friends throughout the years. She is really involved. She knows the things backwards and forwards and I know if there are any issues, she'll get right in the middle and take care of it. Also, so far, the contractors that OneGuard has dealt with have been real good so I recommend them over all the other home warranties. I also like paying the $69 upfront and not having to deal with the contractor for payment. They are limited on how far they go out, though, and I kind of wish for everybody else's sake that they went a little further. However, I'm glad in a way that they don't. They keep it small and our service seems to stay better if they're not that huge.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Jan of Arlington, On behalf of the entire team, thank you so much for 5 star review and providing such positive remarks regarding your excellent customer service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties! Our top priority is your satisfaction and to provide best in class service, from the first call to the completed repair, and we love the positive feedback and always appreciate the opportunity to help. We agree! Deb goes above and beyond, and truly embodies the caliber of service OnGuard strives to provide. Thank you again for choosing OneGuard! We truly value your business and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Sept. 8, 2021

It has been three weeks since we initially contacted OneGuard on our policy to report a failure with the air conditioning the day after closing. We are in San Antonio where the heat index has been consistently 100 or above. We are dangerously hot and are planning legal action against the company. We have logged 21 phone calls and received 5 or 6 in return; sent 13 emails to our rep Katlyn ** with only 4 return emails; 3 emails to Inspections Group with no responses; and 3 times accessed the portal on the website asking for help. We have asked for a supervisor 3 times, to no avail. The listing agent whose client purchased the warranty has been involved and she can get no response either. When contacted, no one has been helpful.

Responses are a mishmash of "give us 48 hours and we will have a supervisor contact you"--we have requested this 3 times with no callback, or "the fault is with the service provider, he has not responded to our requests" (maybe you should use a reputable service provider rather than a man in a truck with stick on letters) and other excuses. No one has helped us and no one seems the least bit interested in trying. There are tons of negative reviews on this company on various sites including the Better Business Bureau of Phoenix: 254 complaints closed in the last 3 years, and 144 in the past 12 months. What you should pay attention to is the claims that have not been resolved. What we are facing is standard operating procedure. Ignore, evade and lie. We're frankly surprised that the AG of Arizona or Texas isn't interested in the repetitive fraud against consumers. The name on the warranty is Cindy **.

OneGuard Home Warranties Company Information