1.05/5
Based on 59 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

60 NSI Protection Plus Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

I called at 3:30pm CST and am still on hold waiting (it's 5:13pm as I write this). I have separate issues with Electrolux and the terrible fridge freezer product (model FGHS2655PF). Since buying it 2015 we have had four service calls and it is again not freezing. Luckily I bought the warranty from H.H. Gregg which is now operated under Myprotection360.com...but I feel they are now avoiding me so that I can't get the 4 claims for same fix in calendar year before they don't have to replace the freezer altogether.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

Called NSI on Feb. 24th 2018 about my Electrolux fridge. It was not keeping anything cold, but the freezer was working. They took over 4 weeks to send someone out to service it. They said they were having a hard time finding someone that was Electrolux certified. When the guy finally showed up he said that the evaporator fan wasn't working... He more or less put a band-aid on it (electrical tape) because it was cracked. Well that really messed it up good because now it really warmed up... All said and done... They could never fix my fridge and said they were looking for one to replace it with.

I called this place at least 60 times over the course of 5 months. They finally sent me a check to replace my fridge. Do not do business with this place. They are crooks. I feel that they finally paid me off because I was so persistent and I wasn't going away. When I mentioned a T.V. station advocate that I was ready to call is when they finally paid me off. Horrible company. I do not for the life of me understand how they can still be in business.

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

My GE Profile refrigerator stopped cooling on Wednesday, July 25, 2018. Called the place I purchased the appliance and they told me to call NSI. NSI had no record of my 5 year warranty, or me. It took back and forth for days to get resolved. Someone typed the 5 year warranty in wrong into their computer, but no apologies or attempt to help me resolve my problem quicker. Finally after calling every day for a week, they finally typed the information into the system correctly and was able to schedule the appointment for someone to come out to look on July 31. Very nice company to deal with locally. Have no problem with them at all. They came and indicated it was the computer not talking to the compressor and they would order the part. I didn't know that they had to call NSI to order the part. They had come out on Tuesday yet NSI didn't order the part until Thursday.

I told them I need it expedited for medical reasons (Rx that needs to be refrigerated) but they said that that would need to be approved and I could call back tomorrow to see if they approved or denied it. Apparently denied as it took from Thursday to Wednesday the next week for the servicing company to receive. They received it yesterday, August 7 and called immediately to schedule the replacement. They should be here this afternoon to fix. We have been living out of an Igloo cooler and basement freezer for 15 days. We lost $500 in food and I'm sure we've spent $50 on ice. This is difficult with a family to live like this! NSI could care less and did not seem to move with any speed, even when it was their fault!!! They know they have you as I didn't have a choice which warranty company I can use. I hope this saga ends in the next 2 hours!

Original review: June 6, 2018

Do not buy Warranty. They were aware that the technician had been out 4 times and not fixed the problem. Refused to refund warranty, since it was first time I used it. Refused to change AG Repair Company.

Original review: April 13, 2018

I requested service on my KitchenAid refrigerator in Aug 2017. Since it was still under warranty NSI Protection Plus sent out a serviceman. He replaced a part but the refrigerator was still not working properly so I called back and they assured me that my repair would be completed even if the serviceman comes back after my insurance expired since the original problem was not completed. Well NSI set up several appointments but no one ever showed up and now I am told my warranty has expired and I cannot have service. Not happy with this company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NSI Protection Plus?

Original review: April 2, 2018

I had to have a another fan motor in my fridge. Second in 2 yrs. I tried calling GE and get nothing but the runaround, made a service appt I doesn't ask for. No one In company can't find your info, keep giving it constantly. Have incorrect information won't change it. I asked for a supervisor. The rep just asked. Kept asking for serial number. Lack of concern for customers. Just puppets taking info.

Original review: March 16, 2018

If I could give this outfit zero stars, I would. I have a GE washing machine that is 14 months old at my rental house. It quit working in early February. I called NSI. They said the soonest they could send a repair crew was in three weeks! After letting them know this wasn't an option, they suggested I call GE. So the GE tech came out the next week. I drive down to meet him, taking leave from work. The washer needs a switch. Of course the guy doesn't have it, but says he can get it and come back. So later that week, I miss more work, drive down there and wait for him to show up. He installs the switch and it doesn't solve the problem. He tells me I need an inverter and a control board, but those parts are back ordered until March 26 (that's six weeks). I again tell him that's not an option, so he suggests I call NSI and see if they can source the part elsewhere.

Why GE can't order parts for stuff they make in a timely manner eludes me. I call NSI and they tell me they need to see the GE tech notes -- call back in a couple days. I call back in a couple days -- still no tech notes. So I call GE. The GE person says that NSI is supposed to call them and request the notes. She's nice enough to put me on hold while she calls NSI. I call NSI back -- "OK, we'll look into ordering the part and call you in a couple days." I get no call back and finally call them. "Yes, we've ordered the part, it should come in a week." I call GE to make a tech appointment -- "We can't do that until the part is delivered." So I wait, the part is delivered and I make a service appointment. I again drive down to the townhouse, taking more time off work.

The GE tech arrives and installs the parts. Still doesn't work. You need a main harness. That part is back ordered until June 2! So I do the whole back and forth described above with NSI and GE and get the part ordered. Can't they just call it a loss at this point? I know the next fix isn't going to work, but no, NSI seems to be determined to keep fixing this POS until hell freezes over. At this point, a month has passed with my tenant not having a washer. I've been paying for them to have their laundry done (pickup and delivery). I can tell they're getting annoyed with the situation -- frankly, I can't blame them. So I go out and buy a new washing machine (it's a GE stackable, so I unfortunately have to buy the same unit to fit under the dryer -- not too enamored with GE right now) which cost me $1150 after tax, delivery, etc. is factored in.

I haul the old washer back to my house and put it in the garage. A week passes with no call from NSI on the part. I call them Monday morning -- 'we're still looking into it, we'll call you next week'. On Friday of the next week I call them. The part has been sent to the townhouse address. Great, now I get to drive down there and pick it up, because the machine isn't there anymore. So now I'm waiting to get the part and schedule a fourth visit from GE. At least the machine is at my house and I don't have to sit in my car waiting for the GE technician. Thus far, it's going on seven weeks, I'm out $1150, plus the cost of the worthless warranty.

To their credit, NSI does answer the phone in a reasonable amount of time. Every time, I'd get a different agent and have to run through the story. Maria, Tina and Laurie were pretty nice, Rebeccah and another agent whose name I didn't get were a bit rude, but three out of five is pretty good in this era of what passes for consumer service. Even if the fourth visit is a success, which I highly doubt, seven weeks and a lot of missed time from work puts this warranty well into the negative cost category. Had I not bought the warranty, I'd have given up after the switch replacement since replacing the board was a $600 part plus the service call cost. Had I not hounded NSI at every turn, I'd still be waiting for a call back after the second GE visit to replace the switch. This company has clearly spent more money on this machine than what the replacement costs, but can't seem to see the forest through the trees.

Original review: March 14, 2018

Our GE washer was under extended warranty until last year. It broke when we moved into our apartment two years ago. My wife and I tried multiple times to leave messages on their voicemail AND sent several emails. They never responded, and the warranty expired. The washer remained broken the entire time we were under warranty until were fed up and hired a contractor. Thank goodness for apartment laundromats. The price we paid for the protection plan would have completely covered the repair of the appliance, so we're just out $120.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

November 17, 2017 I received delivery of a Whirlpool French door 26cf refrigerator from our local appliance company. Since the mfr warranty was only 1 yr, I was advised to purchase a 4 yr extended warranty from NSI through the dealer. One month later, the ice maker needed replacing. A month after that, another issue, another repair. In August the computer needed replacing, requiring two more service calls. On New Years Eve 2017 it quit cooling altogether. Of course, New Year’s Day was not a business day. So, the warranty from Whirlpool expired in November, and it was TOAST 1 year and 1 month after purchase (orig warranty expired one month before.) Well, THAT’S WHAT EXTENDED WARRANTIES ARE FOR, RIGHT?

WRONG. My local dealer did everything possible to get them to honor their warranty. The sealed system was completely defective, and they couldn’t get the temperature below 67 degrees in the box. They estimated cost to repair in the thousands of dollars (purchase price was $2338.99 before $188.48 tax and $189 for 4yr extended warranty). My dealer refused to fix it and requested a replacement. Finally, after haggling with NSI for 37 days, our appliance store owner threatened to take them to court. They settled that day with him for $2325.00, not even my purchase price.

My local store owner provided me a loaner fridge after three days, which was great. I did however lose about $150 in food and prescription probiotics this last time, and probably $75 once before. On their brochure that promise NO LEMON GUARANTEE, FOOD SPOILAGE PROTECTION, “IF WE CANT FIX IT, WE’LL REPLACE IT”, ETC. IT IS ALL A LIE. Customer service is also promised when you call—you only get a message that tells you to contact the dealer (whom they are trying to hide from already) and hang up on you.

I now have to negotiate a replacement with my dealer. After reading (too late) reviews of extended warranty companies, I think I’m best buying a higher end unit with a better mfrs warranty, but I now don’t even have the money I originally spent to work with. If I had bought through a box store, what would I have used for a refrigerator for 6 weeks? NSI was the only company’s warranty I could buy at our local dealer. I realize appliances are considered disposable these days, but I don’t have to like it. I paid what was a LOT of money for me and for this unit, and all I got was spoiled food, inconvenience of emptying it three times to coolers, and headaches from corrupt companies like NSI. Run, don’t walk from them!

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

I'm a retired Purchasing Agent and had my share of bad customer service. One NSI rep flat out lied to me and argued that what the previous rep said was not true. It turns out that the previous rep was correct and the latter was just an arrogant idiot and has cost me another three weeks (Xmas included) without an icemaker.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

My KitchenAid refrigerator has been down since November 17, 2017. Called NSI for appliance service. They sent out the worst repair co. they could find. I threw away my whole contents of my freezer and refrigerator. It was just before Thanksgiving. Tech that came out on first call arrived with no tools just a clipboard and diagnosed it with a bad fan. Part came in day before Thanksgiving and they would not schedule appt. to repair before the holiday. Had to wait until next week and the fan was not the problem. Needless to say I have had 7 service appt. and as of today December 11, 2017 my refrigerator still has not been diagnosed. Just bad service. Was told they are the best in the business by the appliance store where I purchased the refrigerator. What a joke.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

My appliance is covered under extended warranty with this company. It took over a week to get a response to create a work order. They had to identify what company they would work with which took another week, and now they are refusing to pay the company they agreed should do the repairs. I will always inquire what insurance company the store is contracting with, and if they use NSI, I will purchase from another store to avoid this company.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

I made a mistake of getting an extended warranty with these losers when I bought a refrigerator from Pacific Sales in Woodland Hills, CA. After putting 30 minutes waiting to talk to someone on the phone, I decided to do what their outgoing-voice on their system recommends, register online. That's just another joke. They deliberately make it so hard, that you eventually give up and never register your claim. From what I've read, even if you are lucky enough to file your claim with these losers, they will probably never show up to fix your problem anyway. Stay away from these people.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

Called 11/07/2017 to report broken and crumbling microwave door handle and was informed that warranty did not cover this item. My contract states that a product rendered inoperable due to a mechanical or electrical failure is covered. I guess my assumption that a door handle involves a mechanical component is in error. Another example of the GREAT AMERICAN RIP-OFF.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

We purchased a KitchenAid dishwasher from Warner Stellian on January 2, 2015. We have never purchased an extended warranty for anything before but thought it might be a good idea since things aren’t “made the way they use to”. We have had nothing but problems since then, the first a month after purchase. We have had 10 service calls on the dishwasher.

First I was told that you had to have 3 calls in one year before they will replace it. Then told 3 calls for the same thing in a year. Then I heard that each case is reviewed by a panel and they choose whether they will replace it. The amount of money this company has spent on parts and service calls is I’m sure 3 to 4 times what the machine cost to purchase in the first place. Now I like KitchenAid. I’ve always had good luck with them. This one is just a lemon. As far as I’m concerned Warner Stellian could care less what happens because they are going to get paid for the service calls anyway. My warning to everyone is find out who the extended service plan is through... if it’s NSI run!!!

Original review: Sept. 23, 2017

It has been a month since the claim was placed for a repair call for my GE Dryer and I am still getting the run around as to why they are not coming out to repair the equipment. I am under the impression that they are a scam company who have taken my $150 for 5 yr coverage and have no intention of doing the repair. My next action is to report to the Better Business Bureau!

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

BUYER BEWARE They are a rip off. I purchased this plan 3 years ago for a washing machine. Per my warranty I still have 2 years left. Fast forward to now. The start button and dial to change cycles broke. I called NSI. They sent a repair tech to look at the problem. He took off the console of the washing machine and showed me where the console had cracked and broke off. I was told it would be approx $300.00 out of pocket to repair. This is the 2nd time we have had the start button repaired. Now they do not want to cover this repair. What is the purpose of buying an extended warranty if they will not cover the parts and labor. I expect this to be covered or refund for $99.00 for warranty I purchased.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

Was on the phone for 1 hr and 20 minutes to call in that our TV picture went out. No resolution. They want to call us back in 3-5 business days to let us know what they can do. Called the store where we purchased the TV and found they dropped this company like a hot potato after a few years of doing business with them. The retail store even called them on our behalf to "rattle their cage" as they put it and didn't get any further than we did! I wouldn't even rate them a 1 if I didn't have to fill a star in. -10 is more like it. Stay away!

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

I purchased an LG front load washer and a 5 year extended warranty with NSI. Well fast-forward a year and my washer goes out. Called on a Saturday and was told someone would be at my home Monday between 8 & 5 to repair my washer. Guy comes out from A & E factory service (which is a horrible company) and tells me that they will have to order parts. Come to find out 1 part is no longer available. I have spent the last 3 weeks with no washer and on the phone daily with NSI about my washer, it is always the same story, they need the technician's notes to replace the washer if it cannot be fixed.

Well after spending almost 100.00 over the course of 2 weeks at the laundry mat I broke down and rented a washer until mine could be fixed. I contacted NSI today and they stated they spoke to the technician and they are waiting for his notes, mind you they have been waiting on his notes for almost 3 weeks. NSI told me that it would be 48 hours before they would receive the notes, once they receive the notes then it will be 5 business days before they make a decision on either replacing my washer or giving me a pro-rated refund on my broken washer.

I call every day, and every day it is the same answer, we are waiting for the technician notes. I have asked if I will be reimbursed for going to the laundry mat and now having to rent a washer until mine can be fixed or replaced. The only reimbursement they offer is a $25.00 check that they will send me in 30 to 60 days. What a rip off company. It amazes me that these sharks can get away with this. Never purchase an extended warranty thru NSI!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

Contacted NSI about problem with Electrolux refrigerator on 7-17-2017. Was told Golden In Service would contact me in 3 days. Over a month and not a word. If they did call and there was no answer, why didn't they leave a message? Now, after an online ordeal and telephone ordeal, I finally call Golden. No answer and I cannot leave a message because the inbox is full!! I cannot recommend Electrolux (expensive) if you cannot get it repaired. And I certainly cannot recommend NSI. Will not purchase an appliance that has dealings with them.

Original review: April 25, 2017

Apparently I feel so strongly about the lack of customer service that had to create an account. NSI has no sense of urgency when it comes to warranty issues, which is what they do... warranty! My fridge went bad at the beginning of April 2017. I opened up a claim, and not once did this company call or email me the progress on my claim. I don't have a working fridge for goodness sakes and a house full of kids! After much back and forth I was told there that they had no contract with a provider in my area. Which is really surprising since when I purchased the fridge, I told the sales people I live in such place. Will the warranty people go out there and service my fridge if needed. Of course they said yes, and well I had to find out the hard way that they don't service my area!

NSI decided to give me credit (on a Friday) to get another fridge, and they didn't even call me to let me know. I called on Monday and I was told that they had granted me a credit to get another fridge, well hell if they had reached on Friday I could have gotten a fridge by Saturday, right! Well here I am at the end of April and still no fridge! I personally will not buy an extended warranty if it's with NSI!!

Original review: March 31, 2017

We bought a gas range with convection oven in December of 2014. Since we had the stove installed, neither the convection oven or the steam clean feature have worked. I have had NSI out many times and every time they tell me it is fixed, it isn't. Then I have to wait for them to schedule an appointment to come back out and then they come out to look at the oven but then have to order the needed part - or what they think it is - and make another appointment to come out. This is absolutely ridiculous and I do not recommend dealing with them. Then I tried to get a new stove thru the lemon law, and guess what? NSI screwed up recording my repair visits so now they say I don't qualify. My next step will be a lawyer.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2017

NSI is a rip-off company. I purchased a warranty for my laptop and was told by them if it needed service shipping and handling was included. But when service was needed I am responsible for shipping and handling. I asked where in the contract is that information provided. No one could supply that information and no one would call me back to discuss my concern. I purchased the laptop from Electronic Express and they are selling customers this worthless extended warranty. I now have to pay more money to ship the computer for service when I thought the extended warranty covered this issue.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2017

I have a Whirlpool Duet front load washer that has an extended warranty on it and it has been a problem since we purchased it almost 5 years ago. It had 3 other service calls on it since and now recently the 4th one. When I called NSI the lady on the phone on 2/9 - stated that it has a history of issues and they would not be sending someone out to repair it, but it would be replaced and that the department was not busy and I should be hearing in about 3 days about the replacement of the washer. I have called to updates on what is going on as I was told that NSI would be contacting Cullen's home center where I purchased the washer to get an estimate on replacing it.

I checked on day 4 and Cullen's haven't heard anything about the replacement of the washer. I called today on day 4 to NSI and today I was told that it could take 3 more days before they decide what they are going to do with my washer... This lady - which needs to learn how to speak english - said that my washer is still under review and they are not sure if it is going to be repair or replaced. At this point I asked to speak to her supervisor - mind you I have been on the phone for 30 minutes and have been on hold for most of that time just waiting for them to make up their mind. After I asked to speak to a supervisor that is when NSI decided that they would have someone come out and actually look at my washer.

So now it will be 7 days since I first called about the issue. I asked "WHY" did they finally decide to send someone out? Of course they didn't KNOW. It took another 10 minutes to get the supervisor on the phone and he had nothing to say, but it was under review and that he said that there had been over $500 paid out on previous claims and he could send someone out or pay me out the other $200 on the claim to make up the difference on what I had paid for the washer. I am thinking WTH? This company has terrible customer service and the supervisor is like talking to a brick wall. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON AN EXTENDED WARRANTY. IT IS A SCAM!!! So as of now I am waiting another 2 days to see what the Service company thinks will fix this piece of crap. UGH... It's not a wonder Whirlpool does not make this washer anymore. Buyer beware.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2016

I bought a KitchenAid Refrigerator from Bray and Scarf, along with a 3-year Warranty thru NSI. After 2 years a failed thermostat caused the coils to freeze over and the fridge temp to hit 50 degrees. I contacted NSI Protection PLUS, the warranty company (October 22, 2016) and was told I would hear from the local company (Top Home Services) within 24 hours to set up a repair visit. THREE days later I get a call to set up the visit for FOUR DAYS LATER. The appointment was for some time between 10AM-NOON. No one showed, so I called at 1 PM and had to leave a v-mail asking when they would arrive. Sean (local repair shop owner), finally responded at 3 PM saying the repairman's car had broken down and he would call me back shortly with a new time. He didn't.

I called Top Home Services again at 4:30 PM, and he said HE would be coming out soon. At 6:15 PM he finally arrived!! All he did was remove the interior back panel of the fridge and used a steam blow dryer to melt the 2 inches of ice that had formed on the coils. While it was obvious the thermostat had failed, he had no plan to replace it. As he was packing up his things he told US to "Just listen and make sure the fan is cycling on/off, and if not to call him back and he would order the part!!" He left us with NO paperwork, and no card at all. In hindsight, giving us paperwork would have documented that he actually did NOTHING TO ACTUALLY FIX THE FRIDGE.

I called him the next day, to tell him the fridge was already beginning to freeze up again and reminded him that I needed PAPERWORK from him, documenting his work and so I could make a claim on the food we lost (It had been over 10 days by now). Sean said he would order the part and provide me with paperwork. He told me he was on his way to order other parts and would add the thermostat to his order and he would call back when the order was in (~1-2 days). I wait 3 days and call him again, then he tells me he's not sure if the part had come in but he would call me when it did. I NEVER HEARD BACK FROM HIM... It's been 6 weeks and Nothing has been done! In the meantime we have gone back thru Bray & Scarf who sold us the Fridge AND the NSI Warranty to find out what we're supposed to do now.

Update: Bray & Scarf says they have a technician and the thermostat to fix the fridge but NSI now says "NSI already paid Top Home Services a lot of money to complete our repair so they can't authorize anyone else to fix it!!" So, it turns out that Top Home Services, BILLED NSI for parts and work that was NEVER performed. NSI NEVER MADE ANY ATTEMPT TO CONTACT US TO CONFIRM THE WORK HAD BEEN COMPLETED!! It's now been 2 months and our refrigerator is still not functioning properly.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2016

We have health issues that require medication be refrigerated!! Whirlpool Refrigerator showing temp of 60 degrees. First repair company came out. They could not repair and they called NSI Protection to send a company that could fix refrigerator and they gave me work order #. I have been on "hold" for over an hour trying to speak with a rep from NSI. Went online to MYPROTECTIONPLAN360.COM.

No matter what I tried I COULD NOT USE MY PASSWORD NOR DID THEY SEND ME VIA EMAIL A "PASSWORD CHANGE" LINK. Further their "captcha" did not let me in!! Bad website. Bad company. Sorry my warranty is with them. Will attempt to get my refrigerator repaired and to get new warranty company. Very Unhappy.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2016

We bought the NSI Protection warranty on our Viking pro range. The latch and self clean was not working. We contacted NSI on May 23. July 11th PSG service diagnosed the problem. Still waiting on Sept 4th for repair. Many calls made no return calls.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2016

EXTREMELY DISPLEASED with NSI Protection Plus as well as their service provider Appliances Unlimited!! Our refrigerator stopped making ice and over a couple days we realized that the freezer as well as the fridge were not staying cold enough. We called LG for a diagnostic test and ended up having to call our extended warranty company, NSI. On or about 8/12 we made the call to them to schedule service.

8/15 - 1st call tech. Kevin came out and determined that the compressor was ok and although he said that he couldn’t really find anything specifically wrong he said he was going to replace the circuit board and 2 other parts which I think were fans. He told us it would likely take about 5 days to get the parts ordered. I was very specific in telling him that we don’t want the parts shipped to us, but to have them shipped to them as we have a duplicate address in the same zip code and that the parts would probably be misdelivered. They had them shipped to us anyway and of course the parts went to the other address. We had to be the ones to figure out what was going on and it was NOT an easy process to get the followup visit scheduled. When I politely asked to speak to a supervisor I got attitude from the “customer service” rep. I did successfully schedule the appointment for the installation of the parts that were ordered.

8/22 - 2nd call, same tech, Kevin came out and replaced the parts (misdelivered parts that I had to go pick up). It was a fairly short service call and the tech said the fridge was all fine and that it should be charged up and ready in a couple hours. Great, we finally have our fridge working again! I went out and got groceries! At least we thought it was fixed. Hours later no change so I first called Kevin from Appliances Unlimited and again got no return call so I called LG and the person there told me it could take up to 15-24 hours to be back to normal. The next morning there was no change and we ended up losing our second freezer load of food! I called the tech again and got no return call! I made a call to the main number and fortunately was able to get something scheduled quickly and figured we’d tough it out another day.

8/23 – 3rd call, different tech Scott, who left 5 screws from the freezer laying on our kitchen floor! He looked everything over and said there was nothing he could do and that they would have to send a certified tech out to tap into the system and possibly drain the Freon, etc. 8/25 – 4th call with the certified tech who was here for a short time. He found no leaks in the system and said that he was going to order a new compressor (we were previously told compressor was fine) and that likely it would be another week before it would be received and service call scheduled. He was empathetic for us at least. Later that day I had to call back in to NSI as we were already well past the threshold of losing patience and confidence in both them and Appliances Unlimited.

I called NSI and asked for a supervisor and spoke to Nancy who was the first person at NSI who seemed to care and be understanding of our dilemma. She lead me to believe that she would take action and we would definitely be getting a new fridge and it may take a few days so I could at least live with that. I believe she said something to the effect that we would talk again the next day and after not hearing anything I made a call late that day. After the usual ½ hour wait I get a customer service rep who told me that the supervisors were not taking calls at that time and that she’d send an email to her. She also told me that the notes said that this was being sent to upper management to consider and that this in itself could take a few days!! I was NOT feeling confident at all and I told her that it was urgent that I talked to Nancy and to please have her call before the close of business. We never got a call.

We are now going on three weeks with a barely working refrigerator and a freezer that is useless. Constantly buying ice and keeping towels on the floor from where the melted ice water leaks from the freezer. We lost 2 freezer loads of food and most of what was in the fridge. We’ve had to spend money on ice almost every day and have had to go out to have dinner a few times. This is unacceptable and we have not had a feeling that anyone at either of these two organizations (except possibly Nancy, although we are on day 4 not hearing back from her) has really cared about our dilemma. In the time I've spent on hold waiting to talk to a live person at NSI and trying to get them to do what they're supposed to be doing I've spent about a day's worth of time chasing after these people!

Original review: Aug. 15, 2016

Purchased a Maytag top load washer in 2013 with 5 yrs extended warranty. Call in today because the washer makes a very LOUD Noise during wash and Spin cycle. I called the 888-446-8008 number waited about 15-20 mins for an answer. The lady confirmed the warranty and ask what the problem was. I explain the loud noise during wash and spin cycle and that my local dealer said that it was most probably the bearing going out. The lady said "your warranty does NOT cover noise problems." WHAT!! "The noise is caused by the bearing going out," I explained. She said she would need to hear the noise over the phone. I hung up on her and called my local dealer. He is going to have to intervene after I file a claim online and wait 1-2 days for the review. THIS IS BS!!! They do everything they can to NOT honor the claim. I will be filing a lawsuit this week against these bastards. It is the principle.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2016

This is a scam. They will not honor my contract for furniture I purchased. I was told that pet damage was covered. Now three years later they refused to honor my contract or reimburse me for the cost of the contract. Buyer Beware. This company has no conscience. All of this after being hung up on 3 times by reps and the company reps giving me a variety of different numbers to call for reimbursement. They just will not honor anything. Thieves.

NSI Protection Plus Company Information

www.nsiprotectionplus.net

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business