2. Miscellaneous

1.1/5 (79 ratings)

About NSI Protection Plus

NSI Protection Plus Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NSI Protection Plus?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about NSI Protection Plus?

Original review: Feb. 20, 2021

I would strongly encourage you to avoid purchasing an NSI warranty. I cannot tell if this is a fraudulent operation or simply incompetent. Take your pick. All I can tell you is that you should not expect your warranty claim to be honored and if you want to contest it, plan on being on the phone with a call center for hours only to be frustrated at the end. Your call. Spend your money how you wish. But given that virtually every review on this company is one star, i think can tell that your money would be better spent by saving it in some sort of home maintenance account and just paying for problems, if they happen to occur on a case by case basis. Good luck.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2021

Absolutely WORST customer service and communication ever! The amount we paid for our extended warranty, the ridiculous repair time and communication is not worth it! It has been two months without any real answer as to when our washing machine will be fixed. I would not recommend this company to anyone! SAVE YOUR MONEY AND FRUSTRATION!!!

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2020

Asked to speak to supervisor still waiting after 30 minutes, well no supervisor would talk to me. Was told to call back in 5 business days. Go to Lowe's and buy your appliances there and use their protection plan...because NSI is horrible.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2020

Purchase date of LG refrigerator and extended 5 year warranty 01/02/2018. Problem with refrigerator began Sept. 28, 2020. That math adds up to less than 3 years. Called for repair, and the earliest date was 5 days out. They sent out the repairman 2 days earlier than expected because of a cancellation. The seal system has to be replaced. Then radio silence. I spent an entire workday on the phone trying to get answers and missed out on getting any work done.

The repair company said the claim had been denied because the cost of the repair was too expensive. That is right folks, make sure you read the fine print when you buy your extended warranty. Oh wait, I did not read that, not anywhere. So today is day 8 without a refrigerator. LG is working with me to get the unit repaired. The warranty is worthless and the people at NSI are equally as worthless. Ask for a plan B, if you are ever offered an extended warranty with this company. I am being way too kind in this review, and my outrage can not be expressed with a simple summary. Negative 5 stars is still being kind.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2020

Nsi is the worst warranty you can purchase. If l could give a -1 rating l would. The only thing worse than NSI is the repair people they hire to fix your product. If you purchase a warranty from these people you deserve the garbage service you get.

Original review: June 27, 2020

I purchased a 5-year appliance insurance on both Electrolux Washer & Dryer which costs $2,000 from Airport Home Appliance. It's now been two years into the plan and the dryer is now making a very very loud noise, but it still works. When I called NSI to file a claim they denied it stating that the dryer still works. In trying to save a major issue in the future and yes actually save NSI further costs, as the dryer will likely need to be replaced. With that much noise, something is sure to break. Customer service folks when calling in were the worst ever and sounded like robots.

Original review: June 24, 2020

We purchased a set of GE washer and dryer through Spencer's and they recommended getting the extended warranty through NSI. The set cost us almost $2,000. Our washer broke last April 2020, we called NSI and they sent out a repair guy after 3 weeks! We understand that the recent pandemic may have been the cause of delay, but to make this situation worse, the repair guy said that the parts will not be available until end of May. Again, we were patient and waited for them to complete the service. We called NSI several times and they made false promises regarding the dates when our washer will be repaired. It has been over a month and each time we call NSI, their customer service made a promise that the issue has been escalated and we will get a phone call within 1-2 business days. WE NEVER GOT ANY PHONE CALL FROM THEM. IT HAS BEEN OVER A MONTH AND NO REPAIRS HAS BEEN DONE.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2019

We purchased a Frigidaire Freezer with an NSI Protection Plus warranty in 2012, which we renewed every year. This week on Monday the seal condenser coils began malfunctioning. This happened on Monday, and NSI couldn't get a repair man here until Friday. We had our own repair man diagnose the problem on Tuesday, and NSI told us that the seal condenser is not covered in our warranty. So we have paid for this warranty for 8 years and when we needed it, it was no use to us. Today we bought a new freezer without an extended warranty. We will never by an extended warranty again.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2019

We as Seniors, purchased a brand new Whirlpool washing machine along with an extended warranty with NSI. Our warranty is still active and the machine isn't working properly. NSI sent a repair guy by and he said to buy a cleaner for it. That didn't work, so we called them back and they sent a different repair guy. He said that it wasn't our fault. He said it was a common issue with this model. He took a photo and said he would submit the claim. NSI said it looked like there was rat feces in the photo. They are full of it. And we had them send me the photo. You can't see any rat feces in their photo and their repair guy also saw that there was None. The top of the washing machine is a little soiled from regular use but that has nothing to do with the mechanical issue. We are not through with these Scammers. We will pursue Every Legal avenue and Not Let NSI get away with this. √√√ Check their feedback, we aren't the only victims. ☝️

Original review: May 19, 2019

In February 2019, I contacted NSI Protection Plus to request a repair for my Sub-Zero Refrigerator/Freezer BI36US. I purchased the Sub-Zero in 2010 in NYC from Gringer & Sons and added the NSI warranty in 2015. I have paid NSI approximately $300.00 a year for the past 3 years. I have never had to reach out to them until now. How fortunate that I have ONLY wasted 3 years of extended warranty for nothing!

On March 8th, NSI sent Superior Appliance to repair the water leaking from my fridge. On March 29th, they had to return as the problem was not resolved. Superior Appliance indicated they needed to order a part and that they would return in 10 days. Since no one contacted me I called NSI again and was informed that Superior Appliance was NOT an authorized Sub-Zero factory service company. They contacted another service company called Quality Appliances. On April 19th, Quality Appliances arrived and diagnosed the same problem and said they would order the part and come back in 10 days. Never heard back from them nor from NSI.

When I reached out to NSI, they explained that ONLY an authorized Subzero repair service could order the part. I spoke to several people at NSI who assured me that they would find an authorized repair service. They could not explain why they didn't have the name of an authorized repair service available. I had to find the ONLY authorized Sub-Zero repair service for the tri-state area called L& J based in Hackensack, NJ. I was promised that NSI would contact L&J and that in 2 days I would hear from L&J to set up an appointment. This never happened. I decided to call L&J directly and was advised that they DO NOT ACCEPT third part warranties. In fact, no authorized Sub-Zero repair anywhere in the US accepts 3rd party warranties because they never get paid by the 3rd party.

In effect, what NSI is selling to Sub-Zero customers is deceptive and fraudulent extended warranty! Their warranty does not cover Sub-Zero parts and labor! This is a scam. They may offer plausible extended warranty on other electronics, but NOT on Sub-Zero appliances. Needless to say I have never heard back from NSI with regard to my repair. I am furious at having spent $900 for 3 years of extended warranty, but I suppose I am fortunate that I did not go on paying for your shameful scam. I demand some compensation for the $900.00 I wasted paying NSI for a warranty that does not cover Sub-Zero. I will make every effort to discredit their name with appliance stores in NYC and make sure that no one else falls into your deceitful trap.

NSI Protection Plus Company Information