toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Lori,

North American Relocation is pleased to have played a role in your state to state move. If there is anything you are needing now or in the future please do not hesitate to reach out.

Sincerely,

North American Relocation

Original review: Aug. 26, 2016

We recently moved from Bucks County, PA (North of Philadelphia) to Murrells Inlet, SC (South of Myrtle Beach) & were going to take on the HUGE task of moving our whole house ourselves & due to unfortunate circumstances found ourselves not able to & "in a time crunch". We contacted North American Relocation, amongst others, & with speaking to Derek **, their representative, knew right away we'd go with North American. Derek was very professional, knowledgeable, helpful & understanding from start to finish. We have dealt with a transportation company in the past & they were a nightmare. North American made our move smooth & easy. THANK YOU Derek ** & North American. We will definitely refer your company to our friends.

Rebecca,

We at North American Relocation are grateful for the time you spent sharing your moving experience on Consumer Affairs. Future customers of North American Relocation will rely on reviews such as yours, and need the engagement of our many satisfied customer to paint the correct picture. If there is anything the team at North American Relocation can help you with now or in the future please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best wishes,

North American Relocation

Original review: Aug. 22, 2016

When I found out I had to move for my job again I was stressed out. I had put my information in online and received a few unexpected phone calls from moving services and was annoyed. I looked at reviews and decided to go with North American Relocation. They explained that if I had more weight then my price would go higher compared to cubic feet and were very detailed on the phone. I put my deposit down and was uncomfortable with that itself but I had to move.

Moving day came, driver was on time and I was happy with the way they packed my house. I understand the company I was speaking to were brokers and don't actually own the trucks and they explained that to me as well. So they finished packing my glass and left. When the driver got to the weight station I had 1500 lbs more than my estimate and was unhappy. I simply called North American Relocation (My-broker) and the manager told me not to worry, he would help me because I didn't have the funds to unload the truck. He pulled out his credit card and paid the drivers the 800 I didn't have and said "I'm just happy you have your stuff. Recommend us if you can. Have a great day." I was in shock. I read reviews all the time and people are not recognized for the good they do. I wanna reach out and extend my gratitude to This moving service. They did everything they could to make my experience stress free in a time of hell. Thanks! 5 stars!!

WARNING!!! I urge all military and any others to stay away this company. All the horror stories are true. They are nothing but a middleman scamming money from people. I am a retired Navy Supply Officer with over 10 years experience in handling/shipping all kinds of material. In addition I have over 10 years shipping material in the civilian area also. I know how boxes are packed to reduce damage. And I packed each and every box myself to ensure that items would not be damaged.

I moved from San Diego to Phoenix this past December 2016 and hired North American Relocation. They will tell you anything to get you to sign and then can't be reached. They charged my credit card 3 times the amount required. When I called and tried to get them to reverse the charges I kept getting the runaround. I even talked to the owner David ** (or so he claimed) and he promised he'd have them reverse the charges. Not only did they not contact my bank they attempted to charge my account a fourth time. Thank God I notified my bank about them charging my account. I got the extra charges dropped but not with their help.

It didn't end there...The mover that they had arranged to move me (West Coast Movers) did not honor the North American Relocation contract at all. When West Coast Movers showed up (2 days late) I had to do a new contract with West Coast Movers in which they changed the way they calculated the cost based on space not weight and resulting me paying an additional $1800.00. Basically I gave North American an $800 down payment for nothing. North American Relocation promised that it would be based on weight, not space used. I gave North American Relocation an "exact" listing of all furniture (including dimensions) so that I would get an exact cost. Nothing changed on that list I sent them. In fact some items were not included on the move day because I was worried about theft & damage. The cost should have went down not go up drastically.

West Coast Movers also did not have all the required blankets, padding, etc. to properly wrap the furniture and wound up just shrink-wrapping some of the furniture w/o padding. The North American Relocation contract I signed was basically thrown out the window. If I didn't sign the new contract with West Coast Movers then I'd be back at square one. Tried contacting North American Relocation about it but just kept getting their voice mail or nothing at all. At that point I realized that I could gotten things done better & cheaper just by going with a known mover like Allied Van Lines, or some other mover that had their own trucks.

When the furniture was delivered there were boxes busted or ripped open, furniture scratched, nicked. Dishes broken, pictures frame & glass broken or damaged. Thank God I did not have them ship my TVs, electronics, or large pieces of glass for my tables. The movers (3 guys) that moved me were inexperienced, unprofessional, and one even told me that he had just started that same day. The supervising guy had only been working for West Coast Movers only one month. The movers that delivered the furniture (2 guys) were the same -- inexperienced. This company should be investigated and shut down.

In my relocation to Michigan, all of the people I encountered were friendly and courteous. They explained how things would be moved and coded so that it was delivered to me. They packed efficiently and unpacked just as well. Thanks to all of you.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

North American Relocation gave me the best price for residential moving. The representative that I spoke with was very thorough and clear at what he was offering. He always made himself more than available and even gave me his cell phone number in case there were any problems. Also, the movers came early and were very polite and thoughtful with my items. They went through the list of everything to make sure what they were supposed to be getting and did their job. All in all, my experience with North American was worth the time and money and they're a company I would use again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about North American Relocation?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I went online to find a mover and North American Relocation popped up. I called them to get a price, and it was comparable with everybody else. I liked talking to their sales guy. He seemed to be a good guy. He was funny and cheerful. We got along and we talked about the price, and then I went with them. I used their residential moving service. I would never go with North American Relocation again because they sent some Joe Shmo from another company to my house and they were a week late. They didn't pick my stuff up and didn't bring it when they were supposed to. Some stuff is broken, too. My experience was not good.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

North American Relocation was able to guarantee our move date and not give us a range of dates, which was important to us because we were on a tight timeline. We were also able to get a lower rate from them for the residential moving and a little bit of packing that we had them do. Our moving consultant explained things fairly well. However, when we had questions and issues when we actually got into the moving, he was nowhere to be found. Even though he said he would be available at any time and to call him on his cell phone number, we were never able to reach him and/or resolve issues in a timely manner.

Part of why we were trying to reach him was because he had already given us the pricing for the packing of certain items like on our TVs and when the movers came on site, they immediately hit us with a price difference from what we had been quoted and it was several hundred dollars more. And these guys were saying they weren't in the bid when they were. So there was a lot of discrepancies between what was in the actual bid and what was not. While they were respectful, it took several hours before we finally were able to get that resolved and so it extended our packing and moving by quite a few hours.

Also, we had several damaged items when they came to unload our things. The delivery movers took pictures, contacted the company and told them about it. But nobody contacted us to initiate any kind of conversation about it. All in all, it was not a great experience. I probably would not use them again. I'm really disappointed that they haven't reached out to do anything regarding a couple of pieces of furniture that were completely destroyed.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I went online, submitted a request for a quote and a bunch of different companies called me. I signed up with North American Relocation because of the quote they gave me. But then my quote ended up doubling towards the end of the move, which was a residential service. Besides the price change, the initial part of it was pretty good. I had two different movers. I had one that loaded my stuff and then they stored it for a couple of weeks until I got my home. And then somebody else came and delivered it. They told me they'd be there on Monday and then they didn't come out until the next day to deliver my stuff. It's really a few different things because the people that delivered my furniture were not even part of the company. It was contracted out to somebody else, so it was a bad experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

North American Relocation was the only one open on a Sunday, so we decided to use them for moving services. Their moving consultants were very accomodating, friendly, easy to get a hold of and adequately answered all of my questions adequately. Also, the movers who assisted me were amazing. They came on time and were pleasant and courteous.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was looking on the internet to find a moving company and North American Relocation sounded good. But what they said and what they offered were two different things. I called up the company and they said it'd cost $1,800 upfront. So I gave them the credit card. We thought they were a moving company but all they are is a brokerage company. And we thought they were out of California but were out of Florida. They didn't give us a lot of information.

Then a couple of days later, my wife called them back and they said we'll lose our $1,800 if we cancelled and that it was in the contract at the bottom. And it's like who reads all that crap. But we told them we'll keep them. Then there was another $1,800 for them to find it and then for them to send it. Then we had to pay the other people $3,500 to move it. We wanted the difference back but they wouldn't give it back to us and I had to pay them. They said they'll be kind and they'll give me half at $.20 a pound but they initially charged me $.45 or $.44. The whole thing was a racket. However, the movers were very pleasant people. There was no heartache about them. They came, loaded our stuff up and it took them three days to get down here to Arizona. They unloaded everything, helped us put everything back together.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I went with North American Relocation after considering their price. They came to our home and picked up some of our items and they took it from Washington State to the State of Nevada. I had a very pleasant beginning but we ran into some issues because when I initially setup the schedule with them as to when they would come to pick up our items at our home that we were selling and needing to be out of, we had some other issues going on immediately in our life at that time. So, I took care of that process and I was given a two-day window.

And then I had to add a couple of items that changed the timing of our window for our things to be picked up. I got very nervous because I only had two days at that point based upon the escrow instructions to be out of the house. I realized that I needed to make it very clear that I needed to have pickup and so, I got pushed to Saturday, which was a different time frame for my things to be picked up and found out that the truck was coming from Montana to Washington State. I'm on the very West side of Washington State and so I was getting very nervous because of time frame on my part to be out of the house.

Overall, the folks came within the time frame that they said they would be there, and they indeed got our things to Nevada very quickly. Expecting two days up to a week or before our things would get to their destination, ended up being just a day and a half. People understood my stress when I was on the phone with them, making sure that we would not be forgotten. Each person that discussed things with me made me feel very confident and gave me peace of mind through the process. Moving is stressful enough but everyone at North American Relocation understood that. We were treated very well and we're very happy. Everything worked out perfect and I would refer my family and friends North American Relocation.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My daughter was moving to California. It was a short notice for work and she needed to get her things moved. I called North American and explained the situation. The person that I talked to said that they could expedite it and get it in a week. So, I paid extra to expedite things but they weren't upfront about the fees because they said they can move us for $1,500 but by the time it's all said and done, it's $3,200 for all the fees. They tell you the lowest rate to get your business and then once they get your goods, they add on charges. That's not being honest.

I flew to California to help my daughter unpack because that's when we were told things would come. I called Best Price, the moving company, and they said, "No. It would be 7 to 10 days from the 27th." The person that I spoke with at the Best Price said that North American lied and the guy from North American said that when it's expedited, it's always seven days. So, it was a fight between the moving company and North American. I had to go back to Wisconsin and come back a week later when our stuff arrived.

Also, they said that my daughter had this large leather sofa that they might as well take because it would be included in the move and there wouldn't be any extra cost. But it was way over so I had them take it off the truck and they would move it to us. The whole thing was just a fiasco. I was afraid my daughter wasn't even going to get her stuff because nobody could really show me where it was. It was two different stories between North American and the Best Moving. It was also through Best Moving that I tried to get her car out of Wisconsin for three weeks and was told, "Yes, yes, yes" and it never happened so I gave up. I paid $200 to get a slot to expedite her car but it never happened.

Not only is this a bad experience but it cost me a hell of a lot of money and time off to travel and help her unpack when it never even happened. I had to pay somebody $1,000 to manage my business and pay airfare to come out to meet the truck, and help my daughter unpack. We had to go shopping again for stuff she needed for work! It's been a month of incredible frustration because things didn't go the way they said they would.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

North American Relocation's pricing seemed to be consistent with everybody else so I got them for my long-distance moving. Their rep assured me that they were the best in the business. And so, I trusted him even though he called non-stop everyday that it was almost harassment. However, my experience was horrible and very stressful. I felt tricked because what he told me on the phone and what actually happened were two different things. I was told that if the weight was lower, I was still going to pay the higher price. When they came, the movers that they brokered with came in rental trucks and instead of going to California, they were going to go down back to Texas, unload it, store it, and then reload it onto a moving van. Essentially, a lot of things got broken because it wasn't loaded on to a moving van like I was told and a lot of things got lost which were work tools that I think they kept for themselves.

I reached out to North American Relocation and they basically told me that I had to take up the loss with the insurance company. When I agreed to the 60 cents per pound insurance, I assumed that it was going to be loaded one time onto the truck and then unload. I did not understand that it was going to be loaded, unloaded, reloaded and unloaded. So, a lot of things that got broken or lost now are way undervalued and I won't get my money's worth. So, I was unaware of what I was agreeing to. People need to stay away from them because they're crooks. They sell a bill of goods that doesn't materialize when getting down to the final thing.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We moved our offices from California to Texas. I got three quotes and North American Relocation was the cheapest. Troy, the moving consultant followed up quite good. The only complaint I have was I was not aware that they’re only a broker. If I look at the website, it seemed like they were the moving company. I didn’t realize that they hire out a different people to help out with the move. But it didn’t make a difference. The stuff arrived so that’s okay. A little problem we had was there was some damage to our furniture. Also, the guys that assembled the furniture on the site have no idea what they’re doing because they were not the guys that disassembled the furniture. I thought it would have been the same guys that assembled it. Also, they wanted to get out of here as soon as possible and didn’t seem to be committed too much.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I found North American online, then they kept calling and made everything sound like their prices were better than everybody else’s. They worked with me with the price at first and said I would pay the moving company $745 when they showed up, which I was assuming was them, but I didn’t realize that they contracted out. And then I would owe $750 when I pick up my storage. They made it sound as if they would continue to start my move. They have been okay but the driver and the contract company that they hired were giving me problems. They changed everything after North American made the rules.

The driver just walked in my house, sat at the table, put his clipboard down, asked me for painkillers, and took a whole bottle. He and his partner were also talking down about me and my son that was there so I confronted them about it. Then they called and said that we didn’t have anything packed, which was a lie. We were still packing things when they got there because it was an emergency move. He also said that he had to pack stuff, which was also a lie because he didn’t. Then everything that was on my list wasn’t allowed according to him.

I also explained to North American that I have a big entertainment center and it has pieces of glass for the shelf. They labeled every single piece of glass as one particular item where they didn’t say it. They just marked it as a large entertainment center. Then contractor said they had to double everything, the rates to the gasoline, the storage, etc. I was even charged $210 for tape, which North American said the contractors were not allowed to do so. I also didn’t know I wasn’t supposed to sign the paper, but the driver told me to. He also changed it from weight to cubic feet so I said, “Well, then take it back off the truck.” And he said, “Well, I can't get it off the truck until you give me full payment.” He also told me that he couldn’t get it off the truck because the keys were in Arizona. When I brought this up to North American, they said they would contact the contractor.

Then I talked to one of the supervisors, and she informed me that I would have 45 days of free storage and that it takes 10 days to get there and then 10 days to be delivered to me. So that technically would take almost two months. However, I only got 30 days from the day they picked it up to the next month for free. And then she said that she would fix it to 45 days, but when they fixed it, the 45 days was the travel time. So technically, it was only 30 days and I still have to end up paying $250 in addition for more storage. I ultimately would have only owed them $750 and now I owe them $2900 more.

At that point, I was already mad. I tried calling but they were already closed. I was stuck between a rock and a hard place. I hired North American to do the job but it all got switched because of somebody they hired. And then they're telling me that these people are reliable but they can't even fix it. I get that they have to get contracted out because they don’t actually have the trucks or the people but at least make sure they know who they are hiring, and that they're reliable and up to their standards.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

North American answered all my questions regarding my move but I was ripped off a little bit. I weighed all my products by getting the weight of my furniture through IKEA's website. The only thing I didn’t weigh was my mattress but I looked online and it generally says it’s 100 to 300 pounds for a queen so I put it at 200. But based off of what they’re telling me, their estimate was about 500 or 550 pounds more than what I weighed it at so there is something shady going on. I still haven’t got my stuff yet but overall, my experience has been good so far.

We were posed with a short window, short notice, and short cash. NAR came in as the lowest (cost) bidder. We had no choice but to trust whomever trans-located our belongings (of what we had left). After a failed relocation previously, driven by ourselves via a U-Haul truck. Do not expect a daily communicative litany of play-by-play "what's going on" by these guys and gals. They're by no means the fastest, or the most informative. We got our stuff 42 days later and nothing was missing; not too much stuff was broken. I hail this company as a savior of our most treasured possessions. Skip the bad reviews...They are getting better. They only started two years ago with some growing pains. I would move with them again is the bottom line. Thank You NAR and MVM!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Bill was my North American Relocation representative and he was very responsive. I like dealing with people that know what they're talking about. Sometimes you get young people and they’re inexperienced and they say things that they don’t quite know. They can't’ back them up but Bill did. We had an issue with the delivery driver who was a third party driver but we resolved that. I’m very pleased with the service and we’d consider using North American Relocation again with other shipments.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

North American Relocation is competent and a reliable company. I used them because their name was familiar and because of their overall rating from reviews on the internet. They were very helpful and thorough, and those who helped me in my actual move were very good about wrapping everything because my move was long-distance. However, I found that it was difficult to come up with an accurate poundage since I wound up with more pounds than what we were estimating in the beginning. We went through a chart and I gave them all the things that I had and the number of boxes, then the number of boxes increased significantly but we recalculated. But then when the mover came, their calculation was higher.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was doing an online search for moving companies and found out about North American Relocation. I could understand the people I talked to. They didn't have a nasty attitude when I asked questions. Unlike a couple of companies that got downright nasty when I asked a couple of questions. The moving consultants were friendly. They were patient because they wanted me to get online during our telephone conversation and it took me a little time. I did most communications with George who assisted me with the questions I had on bins, boxes and items.

They had another moving company come. I had already planned this continuing education out of the country so I had a friend at the house. I had everything packed up in a section of the house so my friend knew exactly what was going. The only problem I had was they did not give a receipt for the check that was given to them. I paid North American Relocation a fee and then when they picked up, they collected a fee. Then when they delivered, they collected another fee and I did not get receipts for the cash transactions. Now, I'm having to have conversations with George again who's trying to get a total receipt for me, so I can turn it in to my company that was giving me reimbursement. George said he would follow up with it. I have not yet heard from him and thought I would have. I had more confidence in him than this.

Moreover, they were ahead of time during the move and that caused a problem because I didn't have anybody scheduled at the house at that time. They said it would take four to 10 days to deliver so I figured I would have made the drive myself from Colorado to Illinois and be here for delivery. But they got here in two days. So then, they were here before I was. North American Relocation could do a better job contracting.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

North American Relocation answered all the questions that I needed without a lot of hassle so I got them for the movement of our car and house. I'm aware of how things work, so I just watched them tag everything which was interesting. I saw them tag my stuff in a different color so I figured it's not just my stuff that they were moving because I'm sure there were other stuff in the back. I enjoyed my interaction with their rep because she was very straightforward. She warned me about hidden fees that might happen with other companies but they don’t disclose. And that was key. She made me feel very comfortable. More than anything, they do what they say and they say what they do so there were no surprises. They weren't the cheapest but I didn’t want to be penny wise, dollar foolish. So, I paid a little bit more in certain areas because, at the end of the day, I felt better.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

North American Relocation was the closest one to get ahold of for my move at the time. They did a good job and did what was expected when it was supposed to be done. They were very professional, nice to talk to, answered my questions, and got back to me when they said they would. Both of the guys who helped me during the actual move were nice.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Basing on ConsumerAffairs' evaluation, we decided to call North American Relocation for our move. The people I talked to didn't have a nasty attitude when I asked questions, and I understood them. We also talked to a nice man who figured out what it would be. Then I took pictures of every room, and then booked and paid the down payment. Then when they started figuring it out with me, another representative realized that it was twice the price. They figured about 10,000 pounds but it was 18,000 pounds. Then, that same representative gave us a moving company that had a lot of crumbs when we read about it and we didn't want it. So, they switched us to Better Rate Movers, but I felt we were scammed because when it came to the boxes that North American had figured out, they charged me over $1,000 for boxes.

North American Relocation should have known based on what they told me my stuff was to give me more boxes. They underestimated the number of boxes and they said, "Is that okay?" I said, "Well I guess so." How would I know? How would I have a sense of that? $1,000 for boxes is a lot of money. Troy said they wanna do everything to help me because I got them through ConsumerAffairs. At one point, when they sent me to Better Rate Movers, Troy told me he had cleared it so that I could charge the first and second payment. Then when the second payment came and Better Rate Movers told me they would charge me a certain percentage, I was furious so I called Troy and they gave me back the money plus a couple of hundred dollars.

Also, Better Rate Movers told us that they couldn't bring an 18-wheeler to where we were moving, even though other people have and even though the company manager said they could. They also said they were gonna charge us $1 a square foot. Because we had 3,000 square feet, they gave less for $2,500. I was furious because I had all this before I used them, but they said they would do it. The day before the move, they said the man had come and looked it over and they couldn't do it. So, they charged us an extra $1,800.

When the day of the move came, they had to postpone it by one day. There were supposedly two men, but for most of the time, there was one man unloading 3,000 cubic feet. He was with us for four hours and he was great, then another man came to join him and the first man had to leave. However, the packing was horrible, and we still haven't been able to find some of the legs to our couches. Things were not labeled properly, like the boxes I was told that had a Bose music system had planters in it. It was not a pleasant experience all around. Troy did what he could but the movers they chose were not good. I won't recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

North American Relocation called me first and I got their services for the move I made from Oregon to Texas. The fellow who gave me an estimate of the whole thing was pretty nice and helpful. The moving crew was good and I was really surprised that it was only 1 person who dropped off and moved everything. So it took a little bit longer and I had to help him a bit, but he was also really helpful and did a great job. The whole experience went well, was standard, prompt, and basically what I expected.

Resolution In Progress

Mr. Brown,
Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback. I apologize about the lack of communication with Oasis. We will definitely use this information to improve our services.
Kind Regards,

North American Relocation

Original review: Jan. 12, 2017

I moved my mother-in-law’s things from Chico to Portland and Jay from North American Relocation did a good job. We were informed that we would be contacted prior to arrival for pickup. They gave us a window and then said, some point in that time, they would call us when they were about a half hour away, but that never happened. We had to initiate all the phone calls. Oasis Trucking was scheduled to arrive at my mother-in-law’s residence on November 18th between 8:00 and 9:00 AM and they did not arrive until 7:15 PM. We phoned the driver and were given times, but the times were never correct until they actually arrived at the door.

It was Friday and it was after hours so everybody had gone home for the night, and someone answered the phone but she was a phone answer-only and she could not connect us to anybody that was gonna do us good. But we were able to get ahold of Jay, he made a phone call, then shortly after that he called us back and told us the truck would arrive between 7:00 and 7:30. I was sitting all day waiting for them knowing that we had to make it back up to Portland. It was not comfortable. Then we didn't get the goods in Portland until December 2nd. North American’s getting a bad rep because of Oasis.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was supposed to go with the PODS Moving system but they didn't provide service for Minnesota. Then I found North American Relocation online and they brokered for a full-service move that was comparable to what I was gonna do with PODS for my move to Florida. The two movers that packed up the house were fantastic. They were professional and they did a great job. One of them worked for the moving company, Best Price Moving and Storage, while the other one was a contracted individual. I felt bad for that contracted individual because it seemed like he did all the work and moved the stuff into our apartment. The other guy just supervised. But there was an issue in between the packing up. All of our stuff was moved to a different truck before it came down to Florida and that's where we had some major issues.

I found out later that the stuff goes to a warehouse, is offloaded, and then reloaded into a truck to come down to Florida. When it arrived, it was so quick we weren't able to thoroughly check out each box that arrived so we're missing boxes. Best Price Moving delivered two large boxes that weren't ours. I've been trying to call North American Relocation for the past three weeks and I get the runaround and no call backs to have the two boxes picked up and to figure out where our other boxes are. I would suggest to them to re-evaluate their business arrangement with Best Price Moving and Storage out of Chicago because they're garbage.

Resolution In Progress

Mr Chen,
We would like to thank you for sharing your feedback! We will definitely use it to improve our moving services, including carrier choices.
Kind Regards,

North American Relocation

Original review: Jan. 11, 2017

I used North American Relocation for my residential moving. The sales rep that I talked to sounded more honest and transparent so I went with them. The consultants and the customer service people were good but I'm not happy with the moving company. When they arrived, their rep was trying to charge me for stuff that's already on the list and finding opportunities to try to charge me more. Furthermore, there were damages to my furniture. There was also one piece of furniture that didn't show up but I didn't realize it until they left. I might have overlooked because I didn't go through the list exactly and checked if everything was there. But I didn't go back to North American about it and just let it go because I was so tired of the whole process.

Overall, I'm happy with their customer service rep because she helped me get a hold of the moving company but I'm very unhappy with the moving company. They were late and were extremely slow to respond to communications to a point where I had to call North American to get my stuff in. I'm not satisfied with the fact that there is no communications until I escalated it. They need to do a better job having the right moving company. Even if they have such good and super helpful employees but if the execution is horrible, they will ruin the whole experience which matters the most.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

When I checked online, North American Relocation's rating was good so I thought it was okay to go with them. However, I had a very bad experience. Initially, I spoke to one lady who gave me the estimate and I was not told they are going to charge $2,000. I told them that I am not going to carry my sofa, loveseat and my bed. So, they gave me an estimate of around $1,900. After that, I called again. I wanted to increase some of the boxes so they gave me another estimate which increased but this was okay.

And I clearly told them that I have a recliner. I don't have any big furniture but only loveseat and recliners are the ones which you can consider it as heavy. But when the person came in, he saw these and gave me the quote of $3,500. At that time, I had no option but to go with whatever they are saying. Then I will be picking up everything by 28th of December in California. I was ready to pick up the stuff here on the 28th but nobody showed up. When I called up those guys, they said that I had to call Giovanni because they subcontracted everything to Giovanni. So, I called Giovanni and this guy from Giovanni said it'll take at least 14 working days.

After that point in time, I waited and nobody gave me a clear answer on when my luggage will be given to me. I was staying at a friend's place and a hotel. It was very uncomfortable for us, for my wife and kid. While I was able to work, I was not able to spend my time with my family because everything was so messed up we did not have anything here. We had to buy everything here again. When we moved into one apartment, it was already paid for. This was back in November 25th or 26th. I had to pay the rent for the entire month without having anything.

Then this person showed up and said that it is more than 150-175 feet He spent at least two hours doing nothing. Then I came on Facetime with the person from Giovanni. He told me that part of his truck can go in but that I had to work with the other guy. I asked who the other guy was and this guy was not from Giovanni. He was from somebody else. Then again, I had to pay $700 for the remaining balance and $225 for the charges. He told me that my steps are 15 and that after seven steps, they had to charge me.

When I was arguing with this person about the steps, I called the customer care of North American again and this girl told me that her immediate superior will call me immediately. But I haven't received any call from them so far. Then once I received everything, I got a call from somebody from North American and I explained everything to them also. They said they will discuss it and will call me back but I have not gotten any call from them. Overall, I spent $4,900 which was more than double what originally was told to me. It was a pathetic experience. North American Relocation should not be used by any other person who is looking for a mover.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was moving my furniture cross-country. North American was responsive in getting a quote out. Their consultants were thorough and we went through a process of initial weight estimates that were too low and we had to revise those over time. That was distracting but when we finally got to where the actual weight was, it worked fine from that point. The movers were very good but they have yet to deliver my stuff.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My company moved me. I was looking for something professional, fast, reliable and on time. When I made my initial contact with North American, I talked to Sean who was very kind, fast and he assured me that everything would be great. We did our inventory real quickly. I thought it was going to be a bang-up job and I picked the perfect team. contacted with North American November 21st and about the 19th was when I got back to New Orleans.

I was scheduled to be picked up between the 22nd and the 23rd. They reassigned like a third-party logistics company to come pick up my stuff to do the actual move so I was getting nervous. I was hanging in Boston when I started calling them on December 21st to make sure everything was set up. I was told that I was going to get a couple of calls to confirm my inventory. I kept calling them and I had a very hard time getting a hold of them. I also couldn’t leave a message. After four rings, it would hang up. So I called back the number, which was a straight-dial number, that Sean had given me but nobody would ever answer the phone.

I still haven’t heard from anyone on the 22nd and they said it would be 24 hours that the driver would call me prior to my stuff being picked up but he didn’t call. I finally got a hold of somebody and they were supposed to come Friday, the 23rd. My time was set between 12:00 and 4:00. 6 o’clock that night. I got a call from the driver that he can’t make it because somebody else held him up so he was going there Christmas Eve morning. I had to go to a hotel, had everything packed and I was ready to go. All they had to wrap was the dresser and a TV stand. I went to the hotel and got back early the next morning because they said they’d be there between 8:00 and 12:00. About 11:30, they called me and he said he was bout about five hours out.

He had told me he was in Alabama when he talked to me the day before. It was about 5:30 on a Christmas Eve that they showed up. He said he drove all night straight through from Connecticut. I told him that he lied to me and he said he had told me that to calm me down because I was really upset. I told him I was really upset because he told me they'd be here in a 2-day timespan but they didn't show up on time and he didn't call me to let me know. I couldn't get a hold anyone from North American and from Two Way.

First, I had arrangements for a 30-day hold - a free storage is what they sold it as. So I had canceled that because by that time, I had found a place to stay. I picked up the keys on December 31st which they knew. They were supposed to bring my stuff right to me on January 2nd. January 3rd rolled around and I still hadn’t heard from anybody. I finally got a hold of Hanna from Two Way and she said the driver was held up and they were sorry for the delay. She said I'd get a call 24-48 hours before to let me know when my stuff would arrive. I finally got it this past Monday morning at 8 o’clock.

The driver called me at 4 o’clock, Sunday afternoon and said he was in Arkansas and would be there first thing in the morning. Then he called me back at 10 o’clock, Sunday night, saying he was down the street and asked if I wanted my stuff. I told him I was in an apartment complex and I couldn't take it. So they finally showed up at 8:30 Monday morning. The guys who did the moving were really nice. He was apologetic and he said it wasn't his fault since other people were holding him up. They threw my stuff in the very front room of the apartment and they left. They also put my bed in the bedroom. But I would not recommend these people to anybody.

North American Relocation Company Profile