toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

North American Relocation LLC are a great company to use for moving. They went above and beyond to make sure my move went smoothly. I highly recommend this company for your moving needs. They take you through the process and make sure you're satisfied with everything. If you have any questions, someone is always there to help you.

Lori,

North American Relocation is pleased to have played a role in your state to state move. If there is anything you are needing now or in the future please do not hesitate to reach out.

Sincerely,

North American Relocation

Original review: Aug. 26, 2016

We recently moved from Bucks County, PA (North of Philadelphia) to Murrells Inlet, SC (South of Myrtle Beach) & were going to take on the HUGE task of moving our whole house ourselves & due to unfortunate circumstances found ourselves not able to & "in a time crunch". We contacted North American Relocation, amongst others, & with speaking to Derek **, their representative, knew right away we'd go with North American. Derek was very professional, knowledgeable, helpful & understanding from start to finish. We have dealt with a transportation company in the past & they were a nightmare. North American made our move smooth & easy. THANK YOU Derek ** & North American. We will definitely refer your company to our friends.

Rebecca,

We at North American Relocation are grateful for the time you spent sharing your moving experience on Consumer Affairs. Future customers of North American Relocation will rely on reviews such as yours, and need the engagement of our many satisfied customer to paint the correct picture. If there is anything the team at North American Relocation can help you with now or in the future please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best wishes,

North American Relocation

Original review: Aug. 22, 2016

When I found out I had to move for my job again I was stressed out. I had put my information in online and received a few unexpected phone calls from moving services and was annoyed. I looked at reviews and decided to go with North American Relocation. They explained that if I had more weight then my price would go higher compared to cubic feet and were very detailed on the phone. I put my deposit down and was uncomfortable with that itself but I had to move.

Moving day came, driver was on time and I was happy with the way they packed my house. I understand the company I was speaking to were brokers and don't actually own the trucks and they explained that to me as well. So they finished packing my glass and left. When the driver got to the weight station I had 1500 lbs more than my estimate and was unhappy. I simply called North American Relocation (My-broker) and the manager told me not to worry, he would help me because I didn't have the funds to unload the truck. He pulled out his credit card and paid the drivers the 800 I didn't have and said "I'm just happy you have your stuff. Recommend us if you can. Have a great day." I was in shock. I read reviews all the time and people are not recognized for the good they do. I wanna reach out and extend my gratitude to This moving service. They did everything they could to make my experience stress free in a time of hell. Thanks! 5 stars!!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I went online on some relocation website and I had quotes. North American Relocation was one of the first ones that called me and I liked their price. Also, I was in the military and I know that some of the military moves had used North American before. Both the pack up and delivery crews were great but I had an issue with the scheduling of the delivery. I requested for the 14th of July and they said the movers will give me a call when they’re an hour out. So I’d taken off work and I found somebody to watch my children during the day on that date. But when I called the movers, they said they weren’t going to be able to get me in that day.

I called North American and they said that they really have a two-week window for the delivery to come. But I have children and a job and I can't be on-call for two weeks straight for them to deliver my stuff. They should have also let me know whether our stuff was going to be delivered in a rough timeframe. Somebody knew that we’re going to be the third delivery of the day and they could have called and said that the day before because they have to load up the truck in a certain way. But the movers moved us in after I complained a lot. They said that they would be able to drop off all of our stuff that evening and they did. They didn’t show up until 7:30 at night and worked until the job was done. So I give them a lot of credit for that.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I searched for a moving company online and North American Relocation reached out from there. The price was right and the people I was dealing with were from Florida, so it made it easier since they were closer. We decided to use them when we moved the warehouse from Sacramento to Florida. The interaction with the moving consultant was normal and went well. They kept me up to date and were friendly enough. The only thing is, I was trying to pin them down on an actual date to get the product here and they couldn’t provide it. But it's understandable with the long distance in travel. The actual movers were great. They were early during the pickup as well as on delivery. Everything was delivered as promised and they got here.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

This company was very helpful in facilitating my move and contracting the best service for my move to Utah. Thank you and I would definitely recommend this service. They were thorough and professional every step of the way.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

North American Relocation had the best price and I used their services for a residential moving and an auto transport. I had good interactions with the moving consultant and the people who assisted in the move were great and did their job. Everything went as they said.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I needed my house and my car moved and North American Relocation was quick to respond. The sales guy, as well as the moving consultant's function, was to have somebody help me get everything and get whatever contract signed. However, the handling and scheduling were so bad that I have called so many times just to schedule things and the end part was not really that great. Although the moving guys were fine, there was a disconnection between them and American Relocation.

They said these all new things like I have this contract and if I do have a little bit more, I'm going to pay this much. And all those kinds of things in which something was not really clear to start with. Especially when I get into a house move, I cannot really get every individual piece of it. For example, the stand costs about $50. When I want to add the stand to move, it would cost me almost $150. As soon as I said that, they said it's going to weigh this much, I'm going to save this much and I'm to pay this much. I got the quotation for $1,600 but I paid $3,600 instead. It's almost double and not a simple thing. I moved with somebody else before where it was totally different. They said that I have this much right now and this is the quotation. Then they would give this much space if I have anything more.

With a car moving, it's also a nightmare. When I asked them to kind of book both, "Hey, I'm gonna be moving my house. And then, after a month I will move my car." But, it was not the case. Somebody came to schedule the transport of the car at the same day of the house moving. They mentioned to me, "Somebody is gonna call you and schedule your car pick up." But it never happened. Then I got a call from a guy to pick my car but I said it wasn't possible at that time so it got canceled.

After that, I called almost 50 times and every time I called, it went to somebody else. But at least, after two months, I got my car. North American also mentioned they're going to take the fund, which is good. I got an invoice with $450 from North American. Out of that, $100 is taken off and the $350 is due delivery. But that was not the case. They're not giving me my car without paying $450. I called customer service on Sunday and the guy who scheduled was not there. The other lady that I spoke to said since she wasn't the one who scheduled, I needed to talk to the manager who was the person who scheduled for me. Every day I called asking, but nothing happened. I don't know if everybody handles that way or only North American Relocation.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about North American Relocation?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I would recommend North American Relocation. I required packing, moving, and storage services and they were conveniently located to where I needed to have stuff moved from. Their consultants were great, helpful and got what we needed to be done. Initially, there was a little confusion in trying to connect with the actual movers, but we got it sorted out and they were good.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

When I was getting ready to move, my girlfriend was doing some checking and I found out about North American Relocation. I had already packed and the moving consultant came in, picked it up, put them in the truck and drove off. So, it was straightforward. The actual movers were courteous but I don’t consider them to have been on time because it was three different times that I was told that they were going to be there and all on the same day which are between 10:00 and 12:00, between 2:00 and 4:00, between 6:00 and 8:00. So, it was a little bit confusing as to when they were actually going to show up. They got there at 7:00.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was moving from Ohio to Seattle three months ago. On one of the estimate processing places online, I got hooked up with North American Relocation. They originally computed the price online. But when their reps got here and looked at my stuff, they gave me a real estimate, which was double the original estimate. That’s probably the common practice, though. My friend just moved and North American had somebody showed up and gave my friend a real estimate which made sense. The movers packed up all my stuff, moved it across the country, and then unpacked them. They were fine and did their job. They were also courteous and on time. North American Relocation was efficient.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I am a single mother who was on a strict financial budget and had to book my move really far in advance in order to get the best possible price. I was worried that the price they initially gave me was too good to be true. However upon execution of my move, there was no significant price increase. On top of the exceptional price, the team was respectful and hard working. Everything was done with ease and I couldn't be happier with the service North American provided me with. I would recommend them to anyone.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

North American Relocation’s quote was a little cheaper so I did a residential move with them. There were different people who talked to me at the time and they answered all my questions. However, my experience with the actual movers was not very good. I contacted NAR to make sure that the movers show up early in the morning so that we can move to our destination the same day and pick up our key. Otherwise, we wouldn't be able to pick it up because we didn't know how to get to the office the next day. But the move was delayed and they had to deliver the next day and we didn't know it was going to happen. The movers were okay but I was under the impression that it would be a locked-in contract and they kept talking about an over-charge. Overall, the service that I wanted was a bit different than what I got. They didn't meet my expectation of what I wanted out of the move. It was a lot more inconvenient than what I thought it was going to be.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a residential move. I went on the internet and compared with a number of places to get quotes and I chose North American Relocation because of their price. Also, the gentleman who initially worked with me was very thoughtful and diligent in terms of staying in contact with me. The guys that picked up and delivered my furniture were very nice, very thoughtful and very polite. When they got held up at a place before us, they were very apologetic for it and when they explained to me why, it made sense. I was also very impressed with the way they wrapped everything.

I had a very large queen-size bed and where I moved from was two-stories. I was told in advance that if it took too much, that would add to the cost. But I had friends come over, we took the bed apart and took it downstairs. All that the movers had to do was to pick it up. It was an intricate way to put it together and the gentlemen who picked it up didn't see it. But I stirred them, they didn't have any problem with it, and they went right to work. They were thorough and efficient. They also were very professional and they knew what they were doing.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I used North American Relocation's residential moving services because of the price they gave me. We only had one item that needed to be moved, so they packed it. The consultant was great but the people they hired to move our stuff would not communicate with us. I was disappointed with that. We ended up waiting over a month for our shipment and we were told that it would be here in three days. But North American Relocation intervened and took care of all of that for us. Somebody other than the people they hired to bring our things to Florida or to pick it up in Tennessee delivered our shipment to us. They were a little inexperienced, but they were okay.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I finally am finished with my long distance move and just got off the phone with North American Relocation to say thank you to them for treating me like an old friend, taking care of every detail of my move and going above and beyond for me when it seems that most places only care about money. They walked me through every step of my move, always made themselves available to my wife and I when we had questions, and made sure every last detail went according to plan. George, Nick, and the entire staff was warm and easy to do business with.

George did my inventory with me and was extremely thorough because he wanted to make sure that I wasn't surprised by any charges and had the most accurate quote. He even was clever enough to find my house online from Zillow to make sure he could go room to room and leave nothing off. Nick called my drivers for me and even reached the owner of the carrier's company when I came across a few issues. I had a few different options for companies to work with, one which was a bit cheaper but had bad reviews. I am so pleased with the service that this company provided. Thank you thank you thank you.

I would highly recommend this company to those who struggle with finding a good moving company. From the rep, to customer service, to the QA and the movers. Everyone was very helpful and friendly. I was impressed with the quote given and it stayed the same the whole job. I have worked with other movers in the past and North American Relocation was the best and were actually honest. I felt taken care of and did not have to worry. I was stressed out moving my entire life to a new state and I was assured that I did not have to worry about the transportation, and indeed I did not have to worry. I was very pleased. I give this company 5 stars!

I am a single mother with two young boys. I was relocated for my job with a company budget and not much time to get everything done. I put in a request online for a quote and was put in touch with North American Relocation. I told them everything I needed, and the made it happen. I was in my new place in 2 short weeks. I needed a smooth transition for my boys and that's what this company gave me. I will recommend them ANYTIME. I was on a company budget and they worked with me every step of the way to make sure we met that number. Thank you guys. Professional and timely.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I talked to somebody at North American Relocation and got some stuff set up. I got their service for a cross country move and the price was good. They ended up giving me who our mover would be and was able to plan specifically what dates I was looking for. Most often I worked with Nick and he was great. Anytime I had any questions and concerns, he had addressed them or contacted the movers to ask any of the questions. North American did pretty well and they kept me informed as best as possible.

Things happened during the move and the movers addressed most of it or tried to assist in any way that they could. We got a call from them late one night and when we had asked when it was going to be delivered, they said they didn't have a truck yet. But a couple of days later, we got a call saying they were already in our area and would be available the next day. We didn’t really get a good heads up there. There were minor issues with the move, but that’s expected with any mover. The process was set up well though and it was an excellent experience. Overall, I’d definitely recommend North American Relocation and would use their service again.

Insufficient response received

The movers that originally packed our house in Indiana were hard working, professional and respectful of our property. The movers that delivered our household to Pennsylvania were nothing of the sort. When I called to request a time/date for delivery the driver told me that he would deliver on Tuesday 7/25/17 unless we wanted our things the day before. Seriously? We were living in a hotel and had absolutely nothing of ours except two suitcases. Of course we wanted our things delivered as soon as reasonably possible. The driver then reported that he would be able to deliver by 10 am on Monday 7/24. We told him to call us so that we could help him find the address because our new neighborhood is somewhat confusing. He texted on Monday to say that he was picking up his help and would be at our address in 15 minutes. He later texted again to say that he was going to be later. He arrived about 11:30 am.

His helpers were somewhat disreputable looking but they assured us that they were experienced and professional. We have an antique table on which we had put a sign to please not lift it by the top, rather to lift it by the iron base. The two workers walked in carrying it by the top; we stopped them and asked them to carry it by the base. Fortunately, the table was not damaged. There was one piece of furniture that was very damaged, however. A computer table was completely destroyed; the upper shelf was broken off the supports and had damaged the desk top. When this was pointed out to the workers they replied that it was like that when we sent it out of our home in Indiana. I did let the workers know that this was NOT the case and that somewhere along the line this desk had been treated to some very rough treatment.

I watched as the unloading progressed and was somewhat distressed to observe several boxes tumbling down from the stack in the truck to which the workers seemed oblivious. We were supposed to mark off on an inventory sheet each item that had been tagged so we were assured that we had received all of our items. With three workers coming in carrying multiple boxes it was extremely difficult to keep up with the workers saying the numbers of the boxes/items. In addition, one of the pages of the household inventory was missing. I called the moving company in Indiana and the representative told me that the driver should have had all pages. The driver reported that he did not have the missing page but that we should have a copy from the original inventory. He was definitely not helpful.

I made notes on each page of the inventory that I could not be sure each item had been delivered due to not having adequate time to find the items on the inventory sheet as three different men were bringing things in fairly rapidly. One of the workers, having worked approximately 90 minutes took an extended break and left. He returned but took several more breaks as the afternoon progressed. We have an upstairs and when told to take items up the workers seemed to be quite put out with us for requesting this. Obviously, this was not a good experience for us and we would not recommend this moving service to anyone.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Lisa was very helpful with the changes I needed to make. I am looking forward to using your services for my relocation. Everyone I have spoken with have been very accommodating when working with me for my needs in getting moved to Florida. Thank you.

Katie,

As I can't publicly give my name and e-mail, I would be happy to reach out to you directly if that is something you're interested in. I am the acting principal of the company and on behalf of my company I would like to apologize for any issues you may have faced during this process. I see you didn't file a claim, however if there is some sort of compensation I would be able to offer you for these damages, I'd be happy to do so. I would also like to get more in-depth information on your experience, so however it may have been negative we can use your experience to better the services we provide in the future.

I look forward to speaking with you.

Original review: July 26, 2017

I had never used a moving company before so I looked up North American Relocation online. They were the first people that I’d talked to. I talked to other people but North American Relocation seemed to be a more accredited company. There were some smaller moving companies in Jacksonville but I didn’t want to go with those because they seemed a little shady. I wanted to go with a company that’s more well-known. Also, I double checked North American to make sure that they’re a legit company.

North American’s movers came to my house and loaded the boxes up. The first two weeks was definitely a lot better than the latter weeks, customer service wise. Then, they thought they’re going to drop my stuff off on June 11th, but ended up not getting here until the end of June. Because of the delay, I had to call North American three times a week for about three weeks. Their reps would tell me, “We know that everything’s fine,” or “Your stuff’s not lost but it’s on the truck.” They weren’t giving me any details on the truck. I was just calling this person and then that person but had to call someone else who was out of the office for whatever reason. And so, we were back and forth the last two weeks with me trying to figure out where the truck was.

Also, I felt that the communication between the truck drivers and the company was messed up and no one wanted to say that it was messed up. The company called me the day or the night before my stuff would be dropped off. The rep told me that the driver was trying to get a hold of me but he couldn’t. I have no missed calls. I’ve been waiting on my stuff for so long, I would’ve taken that phone call up. And the rep said, “Yeah. I’d tell him to come on.” The driver was in the area and he was going to drop my things that evening. At around 5:00, the rep called me to tell me that the driver would be here very soon. However, the driver also called me and told me that he had to drop off or load some stuff before getting to my house.

At about 7:00 in the evening, the driver told me that he’d arrive in two hours. It’s summer time so it would still be daylight and he can unload the stuff. It would be fine. But they never came. Apparently, it took him five hours to load or unload stuff at other people’s house. I ended up calling him at 11:00 and told him that he can just drop it off tomorrow during daytime. I was dead tired and I was here alone. My husband had just deployed and I didn’t know who this person was. When the driver got here, some of the boxes were pretty beat up. The guys were definitely not gentle with the boxes. One of my desks broke. I was told that I could file a claim. Since I’m not the kind of person that would make the process more difficult, I didn’t file one. Although it took them a while to get the stuff here, I’m glad that my stuff showed up and they were not completely lost.

The movers were really nice, though. They were fast about unloading the boxes and I was pleased with that. I’ve gotten some new furniture and I’ve had movers from different companies come over so I’ve seen how they unload things. The movers from North American were more organized and gentle. But the mover guy was not the person who loaded my stuff and was not the driver, so he didn’t know which boxes were mine. Also, my stuff probably went through three different drivers.

At first, I was pleased with North American Relocation because the pricing was fair. However, most of the time I was confused and worried. Though they got the job done and I have insurance on my stuff, I won’t recommend them professionally. My stuff got broken so I’d recommend them to my family whom I know their belongings. But for a person who’s moving higher quality furniture, I won’t recommend them.

When I started looking for moving companies to move out of the state I was a tad overwhelmed as I put in for an inquiry and my phone did not stop ringing or going off for days. North American Relocation was among the many companies who contacted me but the representative who reached me was very warm and very easy to talk to so I heard him out. He quoted me much lower than the few other places I had spoken to. We did a detailed inventory of my house and got the estimate from there.

The movers came when I was told they'd be there. They packed up everything for me, and were professional and careful with my belongings. Less than 2 weeks later my belongings arrived to me in Colorado. They unpacked, waited as I made sure I was not missing anything of high importance, and sure enough I wasn't disappointed. Everything was handled with care. Good company and good people.

I used this service and I would recommend them to anyone. I really would, they were nice, honest, timely and professional. The quote was more than reasonable and there were no hidden fees or upcharges at delivery. I have moved many times and this one definitely one of the better companies I've used.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I googled cross-country movers and I found North American Relocation on ConsumerAffairs' website. I saw North American's name and just contacted them. They were the first people to give me a quote, so I went forward with them. I was, however, unhappy. And although it mostly worked out, it could have been a better experience.

The mover that came here was super rude to me. He was supposed to come out on Monday and not on Sunday but that was fine. Also, the company knew that I was going to be paying with credit cards for all my payments because my company was relocating me. But the mover was kind of nasty to me about me paying with a credit card on the final day then demanded that I give him $350 cash in order for him to deliver my stuff so I had to do that. I was told that was a shuttle fee and wasn't really given any kind of explanation other than that. And then some of my stuff were also broken and they didn’t really do anything about that. A positive point though was when my couch didn’t end up fitting into the building the mover he ended up offering to take it back to California for me and he did that for free which was nice. However, my credit card was overcharged so I had to go back and forth for about a month trying to get a refund for the $75 overcharge.

North American Relocation seemed like they got a third party mover. The guys that picked up my stuff in California were not the same guys that delivered it and no one on either end was wearing any kind of North American Relocation-like logos and were just on some plain clothing. Customer service at Noth American also gave me the runaround, saying that they have the information and that they'll get back to me, but no one was ever calling me back so I was sending them e-mails. It took five calls on my end because no one was returning my calls. But the final person was able to solve the issues for me and that was very good. The experience wasn't overall negative, but I wouldn’t use them again if I had to. I would also do more research in the future.

My experience with this company was simple, easy, and satisfying. They called me earlier today to ask how my drop off went, which happened yesterday. The same way they have called every few days to check on my belongings and myself during my long move from Mass to New Mexico. I was relocated for my job, I wasn't sure how moving long distance works since this was my first time. I did some research, got in contact with North American. They were the friendliest and most helpful group I'd spoken to and their rates were extremely fair. Honestly I was worried that I was paying so little at first 'cause it seemed like I should've paid more from other quotes I got. But that was the price. It really was. They know this industry. The movers themselves that were sent to move my stuff were really cool guys. They helped with everything and took direction when I needed to give it and were careful with my stuff.

My stuff came and I haven't totally unpacked yet but everything seems to have been taken really good care of. Their initial inventory was thorough and careful and detailed. This is what sold me from the rep. A few other places I contacted didn't ask nearly enough questions, tried to quote me on feet rather than pounds. And didn't ask in detail what I was moving. North American did, they were honest, if something was going to cost more they didn't sugar coat it and they hit the nail almost directly on the head with my weight and inventory so there were no surprise charges at pick up or drop off. I didn't know ANYTHING about long distance moving at all but these guys were very informative and I'm definitely glad I chose to do my move with them.

I hired North American Relocation to facilitate my move back in February. I needed my stuff put in storage for a few months so not only did they store my stuff for free, there was a free redelivery as well. My stuff got delivered a few weeks ago and finally finished unpacking. Everything was wonderful. The movers were professional, on time, and very careful with my belongings. I'm really happy with the service they provided and I have already recommended them to a friend of mine. Lisa, James, and Nick- Thank you for all of your help and assistance.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was in a hurry moving my residence from Texas to Idaho. I called North American and talked to a sales consultant then got moved to customer service. The guy on the phone with me spent over an hour answering my detailed questions and got everything done. They didn’t let me get off the phone without committing. Then when I called customer service once it was closer to the date, I got a hold of one person. He said that if I can't get a hold of customer service, I can call him personally. I called his cell phone from that point on. It was great because he answered me and got everything taken care of.

The moving crew was great, too. They were excellent on the front end and on the backend, but there were some schedule changes that threw us for a loop and there was a two-hour delay in the middle of the packing. The driver got called, had to get called away, and had to come back. So that took a long time for them to get everything done and moved out. Then right at the last minute, to my benefit, they said they can have our stuff here as soon as I arrive. So I was leaving as soon as they were leaving and driving up here. The driver asked when I can be here so we had to step on the gas to get to Idaho so that we could take advantage of the truck being here when we drove up. It was a little stressful to do it that way, but on the other end, I would've had to wait three weeks. It was a little unexpected but it was great.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I am in need of residential interstate moving and North American Relocation was the first company to give me a quote so I went with them. It was confusing, however. I gave them the inventory and they gave me a quote. Then I got a whole bunch of other quotes from other companies. They talked me through all of that and tried to ensure that I looked at the histories of the other companies to see if they had any kind of claims against them or whatnot. The movers, on the other hand, were good. The only thing that the consultant didn’t tell me was the additional fees. He didn't tell me that when they show up at my new apartment, there were extra fees involved if they have to go more than 100 feet or something. That was an extra fee I had to pay that day because it obviously took more than a hundred feet to get to my new apartment.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I used North American Relocation's residential moving service and they presented themselves well. The moving consultants were all good and the actual movers were efficient and polite. Everything worked out like it was supposed to and everything was on time. It was good.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

North American Relocation has a good price. Also, their consultant called me back and then walked through everything. He was very good in terms of customer service and laying out all the details that I needed to know so we could make a decision. We used their moving service and we did our communication with their reps all by phone and they did a good job. They laid out the process and what to get if I wanted to pack. They also told us what to get and to wrap.

However, the movers were not clear sometimes but they got the job done. We moved to a major city and there are rules in a major city and rules for our apartment complex. We have to book a dock time and that is the only time that we can use the dock. We told them the dock time before they came. We ended up paying an extra $200 on the delivery end because North American could not deliver at that time. When they called to say that they're hours out and would come at a certain time, I told them we have to go with our dock time. That's just the way it is in the city. If they're going to a high-rise in a major city, they have to work with the customer on the scheduled time for the dock. Some allowance needs to be made for that. Also, they broke a glass desk.

Factual basis uncertain

I put on an inquiry on the web and North American Relocation contacted us several times over the phone about trying to get our stuff moved. They moved our furniture from Kissimmee, Florida to Texas, but the closing of the house was delayed, and then the move didn’t go smoothly. When I called in, they said I didn’t give them time enough to move us and get our things packed up. During the whole move, they keep wanting to charge me an additional amount of money every time I talked to them. They gave me a quote at the start and it wasn’t even close to what it ended up being. They're money-grubbing and noncaring.

The ones who packed us up were nice and seemed to be hardworking. But after they started bringing the stuff to our new location in Texas, things were totally destroyed, missing, or torn-up. There were only 2 people who moved us into our apartment in Texas and they're rude and underaged. Then, they demanded substantially for more money in the way of a tip.

The wardrobe and other boxes were totally upside down and were thrown into our apartment when they moved them in. It seems like they were trying to hurt us. The boxes have arrows that say “This side up” but were totally disregarded. Everything supposedly was numbered and we’re supposed to have a mark-off thing, but none of the schedule of what was actually coming back to us with numbered boxes and items was ever done. If it was for the kitchen, it was in our bedroom. If it was for our bedroom, it was in the kitchen. It was like it was done deliberately. Also, they’ve had boxes half on another box and bent, so it was unbelievably bad.

Our lamps were broken, destroyed, and taken apart. There are missing pieces of furniture and mirrors and it was terrible. Then we had the bed that has a trundle bed that goes underneath it. They had raised the trundle and then set the bed on top of the trundle where the legs were in the air and none were sitting on the floor. They were supposed to put that back together and set up all the furniture taken apart, but nothing was touched. All was left totally destroyed and there's one table we can’t use now and we’re throwing it in the dumpster. We’re also still waiting to get our dolly that’s missing that we brought with a bed. My wife told them we wanted to keep and take it with us and they were supposed to move it. But somebody kept it along the way. We had an awful move and it was the most horrible experience. I would never call them if we ever move again. Do not use North American Relocation.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was going from L.A. to Connecticut and there aren’t so many choices doing the long distance haul. I looked at reviews and randomly found North American Relocation on the internet. My first conversation was with someone who was very nice and very convincing. He knew exactly what I needed so I didn’t feel a need to keep calling others. The moving consultant was wonderful. He was in Florida and gave a really nice customer service. The price was really good too. I utilized the Cross-country moving of furniture and they’re also going to be moving my car in a few weeks.

However, with the movers, the 18-wheeler was really a problem. They gave us a hard time getting into the place. They didn’t want to try to come around the last curve closer to the condo. They didn’t even try to and they said they couldn’t. But in the end, it was okay. It was tough when you’ve got a huge truck like that and you’re trying to come into a condo unit.

My complaint, though, was they kept saying they would give me a 24-hour notice when the truck was coming because it really was unpredictable. They had said that maybe this day to that day but it turned out to be later. I wasn’t in a rush but they called me one afternoon and said, “We’ll be there tomorrow morning.” I told them that was not a 24-hour notice. I work and I can’t take off. They said that they were coming up from Virginia and they weren’t sure of the traffic. They also wanted some kind of a post office check that I had never heard about. We had a spat over the form of payment when they got here and not giving me a 24-hour notice. It was more like a 12-hour notice.

I had to go to my customer rep at the main place and they had to call the person in the office from the truckers' and talk it out because there was no way I could get this post office check. I didn’t understand why they wouldn’t take a bank check. My Chase Bank is down the street and they were willing to write a cashier’s check. In the end, I got them cash, which I wasn’t really comfortable with. Overall, all that was fine and they brought everything in as asked. Also, I’ve heard plenty of horror stories, so I was glad that nothing was broken.

North American Relocation Company Profile