toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

North American Relocation LLC are a great company to use for moving. They went above and beyond to make sure my move went smoothly. I highly recommend this company for your moving needs. They take you through the process and make sure you're satisfied with everything. If you have any questions, someone is always there to help you.

Lori,

North American Relocation is pleased to have played a role in your state to state move. If there is anything you are needing now or in the future please do not hesitate to reach out.

Sincerely,

North American Relocation

Original review: Aug. 26, 2016

We recently moved from Bucks County, PA (North of Philadelphia) to Murrells Inlet, SC (South of Myrtle Beach) & were going to take on the HUGE task of moving our whole house ourselves & due to unfortunate circumstances found ourselves not able to & "in a time crunch". We contacted North American Relocation, amongst others, & with speaking to Derek **, their representative, knew right away we'd go with North American. Derek was very professional, knowledgeable, helpful & understanding from start to finish. We have dealt with a transportation company in the past & they were a nightmare. North American made our move smooth & easy. THANK YOU Derek ** & North American. We will definitely refer your company to our friends.

Rebecca,

We at North American Relocation are grateful for the time you spent sharing your moving experience on Consumer Affairs. Future customers of North American Relocation will rely on reviews such as yours, and need the engagement of our many satisfied customer to paint the correct picture. If there is anything the team at North American Relocation can help you with now or in the future please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best wishes,

North American Relocation

Original review: Aug. 22, 2016

When I found out I had to move for my job again I was stressed out. I had put my information in online and received a few unexpected phone calls from moving services and was annoyed. I looked at reviews and decided to go with North American Relocation. They explained that if I had more weight then my price would go higher compared to cubic feet and were very detailed on the phone. I put my deposit down and was uncomfortable with that itself but I had to move.

Moving day came, driver was on time and I was happy with the way they packed my house. I understand the company I was speaking to were brokers and don't actually own the trucks and they explained that to me as well. So they finished packing my glass and left. When the driver got to the weight station I had 1500 lbs more than my estimate and was unhappy. I simply called North American Relocation (My-broker) and the manager told me not to worry, he would help me because I didn't have the funds to unload the truck. He pulled out his credit card and paid the drivers the 800 I didn't have and said "I'm just happy you have your stuff. Recommend us if you can. Have a great day." I was in shock. I read reviews all the time and people are not recognized for the good they do. I wanna reach out and extend my gratitude to This moving service. They did everything they could to make my experience stress free in a time of hell. Thanks! 5 stars!!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was in a hurry moving my residence from Texas to Idaho. I called North American and talked to a sales consultant then got moved to customer service. The guy on the phone with me spent over an hour answering my detailed questions and got everything done. They didn’t let me get off the phone without committing. Then when I called customer service once it was closer to the date, I got a hold of one person. He said that if I can't get a hold of customer service, I can call him personally. I called his cell phone from that point on. It was great because he answered me and got everything taken care of.

The moving crew was great, too. They were excellent on the front end and on the backend, but there were some schedule changes that threw us for a loop and there was a two-hour delay in the middle of the packing. The driver got called, had to get called away, and had to come back. So that took a long time for them to get everything done and moved out. Then right at the last minute, to my benefit, they said they can have our stuff here as soon as I arrive. So I was leaving as soon as they were leaving and driving up here. The driver asked when I can be here so we had to step on the gas to get to Idaho so that we could take advantage of the truck being here when we drove up. It was a little stressful to do it that way, but on the other end, I would've had to wait three weeks. It was a little unexpected but it was great.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I am in need of residential interstate moving and North American Relocation was the first company to give me a quote so I went with them. It was confusing, however. I gave them the inventory and they gave me a quote. Then I got a whole bunch of other quotes from other companies. They talked me through all of that and tried to ensure that I looked at the histories of the other companies to see if they had any kind of claims against them or whatnot. The movers, on the other hand, were good. The only thing that the consultant didn’t tell me was the additional fees. He didn't tell me that when they show up at my new apartment, there were extra fees involved if they have to go more than 100 feet or something. That was an extra fee I had to pay that day because it obviously took more than a hundred feet to get to my new apartment.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I used North American Relocation's residential moving service and they presented themselves well. The moving consultants were all good and the actual movers were efficient and polite. Everything worked out like it was supposed to and everything was on time. It was good.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

North American Relocation has a good price. Also, their consultant called me back and then walked through everything. He was very good in terms of customer service and laying out all the details that I needed to know so we could make a decision. We used their moving service and we did our communication with their reps all by phone and they did a good job. They laid out the process and what to get if I wanted to pack. They also told us what to get and to wrap.

However, the movers were not clear sometimes but they got the job done. We moved to a major city and there are rules in a major city and rules for our apartment complex. We have to book a dock time and that is the only time that we can use the dock. We told them the dock time before they came. We ended up paying an extra $200 on the delivery end because North American could not deliver at that time. When they called to say that they're hours out and would come at a certain time, I told them we have to go with our dock time. That's just the way it is in the city. If they're going to a high-rise in a major city, they have to work with the customer on the scheduled time for the dock. Some allowance needs to be made for that. Also, they broke a glass desk.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I put on an inquiry on the web and North American Relocation contacted us several times over the phone about trying to get our stuff moved. They moved our furniture from Kissimmee, Florida to Texas, but the closing of the house was delayed, and then the move didn’t go smoothly. When I called in, they said I didn’t give them time enough to move us and get our things packed up. During the whole move, they keep wanting to charge me an additional amount of money every time I talked to them. They gave me a quote at the start and it wasn’t even close to what it ended up being. They're money-grubbing and noncaring.

The ones who packed us up were nice and seemed to be hardworking. But after they started bringing the stuff to our new location in Texas, things were totally destroyed, missing, or torn-up. There were only 2 people who moved us into our apartment in Texas and they're rude and underaged. Then, they demanded substantially for more money in the way of a tip.

The wardrobe and other boxes were totally upside down and were thrown into our apartment when they moved them in. It seems like they were trying to hurt us. The boxes have arrows that say “This side up” but were totally disregarded. Everything supposedly was numbered and we’re supposed to have a mark-off thing, but none of the schedule of what was actually coming back to us with numbered boxes and items was ever done. If it was for the kitchen, it was in our bedroom. If it was for our bedroom, it was in the kitchen. It was like it was done deliberately. Also, they’ve had boxes half on another box and bent, so it was unbelievably bad.

Our lamps were broken, destroyed, and taken apart. There are missing pieces of furniture and mirrors and it was terrible. Then we had the bed that has a trundle bed that goes underneath it. They had raised the trundle and then set the bed on top of the trundle where the legs were in the air and none were sitting on the floor. They were supposed to put that back together and set up all the furniture taken apart, but nothing was touched. All was left totally destroyed and there's one table we can’t use now and we’re throwing it in the dumpster. We’re also still waiting to get our dolly that’s missing that we brought with a bed. My wife told them we wanted to keep and take it with us and they were supposed to move it. But somebody kept it along the way. We had an awful move and it was the most horrible experience. I would never call them if we ever move again. Do not use North American Relocation.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about North American Relocation?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was going from L.A. to Connecticut and there aren’t so many choices doing the long distance haul. I looked at reviews and randomly found North American Relocation on the internet. My first conversation was with someone who was very nice and very convincing. He knew exactly what I needed so I didn’t feel a need to keep calling others. The moving consultant was wonderful. He was in Florida and gave a really nice customer service. The price was really good too. I utilized the Cross-country moving of furniture and they’re also going to be moving my car in a few weeks.

However, with the movers, the 18-wheeler was really a problem. They gave us a hard time getting into the place. They didn’t want to try to come around the last curve closer to the condo. They didn’t even try to and they said they couldn’t. But in the end, it was okay. It was tough when you’ve got a huge truck like that and you’re trying to come into a condo unit.

My complaint, though, was they kept saying they would give me a 24-hour notice when the truck was coming because it really was unpredictable. They had said that maybe this day to that day but it turned out to be later. I wasn’t in a rush but they called me one afternoon and said, “We’ll be there tomorrow morning.” I told them that was not a 24-hour notice. I work and I can’t take off. They said that they were coming up from Virginia and they weren’t sure of the traffic. They also wanted some kind of a post office check that I had never heard about. We had a spat over the form of payment when they got here and not giving me a 24-hour notice. It was more like a 12-hour notice.

I had to go to my customer rep at the main place and they had to call the person in the office from the truckers' and talk it out because there was no way I could get this post office check. I didn’t understand why they wouldn’t take a bank check. My Chase Bank is down the street and they were willing to write a cashier’s check. In the end, I got them cash, which I wasn’t really comfortable with. Overall, all that was fine and they brought everything in as asked. Also, I’ve heard plenty of horror stories, so I was glad that nothing was broken.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had about 23 days to move from the East Coast to the West Coast and I was in a rush. So I did a Google search, put in my dates and a lot of moving companies called me. Among them, North American was the least expensive and they were one of the first that contacted me.The guy that did my quote did a great job of selling me their service. He said a bunch of things to me and I bought it hook, line, and sinker. When we did my quote, there was a lot of uncertainty on my part because I was very forthcoming with the fact that I was making a very large move in a very short amount of time and I’d never done it before. There was a lot of unknown variables for me as far as what I would be taking furniture-wise and how many boxes I was gonna actually end up having, which they tried and estimated outright.

For instance, my dresser and my washer/dryer were put on the list as “maybes” and he said that it will be no problem if I take those off later. Then, he estimated me for x-number of large, medium and small boxes. I asked him if it is okay if I swap out if that changes, as long as the numbers stay the same like if I have four large boxes and seven small boxes instead of the other way around and he said that’s not a problem. As long as I don’t change the number of things that I'm packing on there.

But then later, when they called to do my inventory and I told them I was leaving off the washer/dryer and the dresser. When I told them I changed the numbers for those boxes, the guy said it was a nightmare and was so rude to me. I told him I was informed that I could do this and that I didn’t know if I was going to be taking these items with me and the rep who did my quote told me it would be no problem. But this guy said that it’s a problem. They have to sign up for a size truck and now we have to downshift me to a smaller truck because I don’t have enough stuff.

I told him, "I’m sorry, but that is what I was told." But he kept yelling over me and finally I asked if he could listen for a little while and let me explain and then he can talk after I was done. I finished talking and then I stopped and I waited for minutes I’m talking and he was silent. I asked if he's going to respond and he said that I told him to shut up so, that’s what he was doing. I told him I was done talking and that he could talk. I asked what was the problem and he hung up on me. Then, he called back to tell me he had made all the changes and ate the cost for it but there was no cost. He was awful and I had to call them and tell them flat out that I was not going to talk to this guy again. So, all of my communication needed to be with somebody that’s not him.

From there, the movers showed up and everything was fine. They were really friendly and wonderful. It seemed like they were scared of me. Maybe they documented that I was whatever but after I warmed up to them and got to know them a little a bit, they were completely fine and we had a great time. I did all of the packing and they wrapped all the big items. They also loaded and wrapped the glass shelves and furniture which I didn't take much off. I was informed in the first phone call that they would take things apart if they needed to but I have a pretty large, fragile, wooden shelf that they did not take apart. They wrapped it and shoved it on the truck. They took my stuff and it was fine.

While we were there and we were doing the paperwork, they asked me for a date when I want my stuff because I was having them put my stuff in storage for a month. I told them to set up a month out from that day and we had made it for May 18th as my delivery date is what I thought I was doing. The thing that I was not clear on is that that’s my first available delivery date.

Fast-forward, I was here in Portland and I was staying in a hotel. May 16th rolls around and I haven't heard from these people. I don’t know anything about my stuff. So, I tried to contact them and I couldn’t get in touch with anybody. But it was after hours and nobody calls me back so I called again the next day. The lady then said they don’t have anything for me. I asked what they meant and she said they don’t have a date for me yet. I said they do and that it’s the 18th and that we’ve set this date whenever I packed my stuff up. She said that that's the first available date that I am available but that doesn’t mean that they’re available. I couldn't get my stuff until they found a truck that they could fill and is also going to this side of the country. She said it is the way the business works. Anywhere I go is gonna do the same thing.

I don’t understand why they can't give me a more solid date and time. They have to have a cutoff and they can't open-end it. Can't they estimate something and tell me when they might be able to give me something? But she said that’s not how this works. That I have to understand that this stuff takes scheduling and planning and I understand that. But they have to understand that I was living in a hotel with nothing. I was supposed to find an apartment that I can't even move into because I don’t have any stuff. She said that this business is very demanding and loads of people are moving all the time. If that’s true, then they should have a date for me because they should have no problem filling a truck and getting it over here. She said two conflicting things to me. One is, it’s hard to schedule and two, everybody wants to move so they should have no problem.

I finally heard back the next day and they said I’ll hear something in a couple of days. It was still a week when I finally heard something. The lady gave me the phone number and the name of my driver. She said he will be traveling and so there’s no real way for us to know when I'm gonna get my stuff but that he will call me within 24 hours of delivery. I have moved then into an apartment and I was living on an air mattress that my landlord gave me and nothing else. I asked if we could estimate because I need to take off of work and I get a call from the driver 24 hours out and he said he'd be here tomorrow between certain hours. He barely made it by the four-hour window.

It was the end of May when I finally got it and when my stuff got here, they didn’t send my bookshelf which I found out really quickly is a very key part of my apartment because everything I owned is still in boxes because I don’t have anywhere to put it so, I asked for my bookshelf. They also broke a lamp and I had to refuse my bed, but that was on me because the apartment’s too small and I have a king size bed. He wrote it all down and I assumed that somebody was gonna reach out to me, but nobody ever did. I'm not sure who to call at this point for my bookshelf and for someone to do something about the lamp that that dude broke.

Also, I would like to tell somebody that about five different times while he was unpacking my stuff, boxes roll out of his truck that were not mine and he would kick them to the side. The handling of stuff, in general, was ridiculous. He also tried to unload a box that wasn’t mine and I kept telling him that it's not mine and that I didn’t pack that. I had to go as far as opening the box and say that I don’t have a lamp that it fits and ask him to put it back on his truck.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I called a few different companies and North American Relocation Was the only one that offered a time frame that I was looking for. The moving consultant gave me the initial pricing for the move and I spoke to another person who was answering my questions along the way as things were happening. The third party movers came to my house, packed up my stuff, put it on the truck. Then, that truck took it to an 18-wheeler in some other city and dropped it off across the country to my new address.

However, I've had issues with them from the beginning. They were late and each time I called, they said they were delayed. So, instead of them showing up in the middle of the day like they were supposed to, they ended up showing up around 5:00 or 6:00 pm. I had planned on driving from Texas to North Carolina, which meant that I couldn't leave that evening like I had planned. I had to wait entirely the next day to start driving.

On top of that, the guy who was the lead on the move had to leave his two workers with me at my house while he went and weighed his truck so that he knew the weight of the items of the other load from another person. So that he could put my stuff on and then weigh the truck again, subtract the weight of the items of other person so that they could give me a weight on my product. He was gone for an hour and when he came back, tells me the weighing station is closed, and that he's not going to be able to give me a weight on my item. But, he wanted me to sign off on the paperwork at an estimated rate.

I've worked with DOT for a lot of years and I know that if I get to a weighing station or if I submit paperwork of items that are on the back of the vehicle and it's inaccurate, it can get stopped. So, I told him I wasn't going to sign any of the paperwork because I didn't want my items to get delayed if they did get busted. Also, submitting inaccurate paperwork on what's on the back of an 18-wheeler is illegal. It ended up costing me more even though I had given the initial person I talked to at North American my list of items of what was going to be on the truck. But once these guys weighed it, they ended up charging me another $400- $600.

I explained to the initial person I talked to that I'm starting a new job and I needed it by a particular date that I had the items to move and go to work and all those kinds of things. She told me she couldn't guarantee it but it took typically three days if they were delayed. It was coming on 10 days and part of the delay was they showed up at the house so late and couldn't get the items weighted. So the next morning, they unload my stuff into another truck and get it weighed and so the process was super delayed. Then the one with 18-wheeler that showed up to my apartment was an older gentleman and his son, who was probably 18 years old. He unloaded the truck and there were items that didn't show up. Overall, the information I received was inaccurate, the service I received from the moving company that picked up my things were unacceptable and I ended up with lost or damaged items.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I moved from Pennsylvania to Florida for a job and my experience with North American Relocation was really good. It was very efficient. The rep that I spoke with initially was very nice and was able to help me out while I was trying to get my move together. I've never moved before, so it was different and they assisted me a lot. The movers that came to my house and moved me out were really nice, very professional and quick. They were nice enough to thoroughly explain everything to me. I was also well aware if there were any hidden fees like the packing materials. They told me that if I didn't pack things properly, there would be a fee if they had to repack it for me. So, I just really appreciate the honesty over there.

I had a couple of things that I needed to be wrapped and they took care of it for me. Also, they kept me very aware and the communication was very well throughout my move. Though the move took a little bit longer than I expected, it ended up working out for me because I didn't get to Florida as soon as I thought I was going to get there. I've already recommended them. I'm hoping that they get the business. They definitely deserve it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Through the military, I got North American Relocation's packing and residential moving services. They were all very friendly and professional, and the move was done very quickly. The movers were good. The took care of everything nicely and I’ve no complaints. They were all on time and everything was packed correctly.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was not happy with my experience with North American Relocation. I was setting up the moving service for my son to move from Reno to Dallas and got one quote. However, when they were calling, they told us that they need more money, so my son gave them more. But when their moving van got there, they still wanted to get more money. They told me that the guy who gave us the quote was very sick and didn't know what he was doing, and that the quote was so low it won't even touch the board and nobody would bid on it. I wasn’t even sure somebody would show up to even pick up the furniture. I told them that we would have 30 to 40 boxes, but they only noted 30 and told me that they always take the lowest number.

I also had the car transport set up, but they told us it was under quoted. I then told them that I am cancelling the car transport service and that we would drive the car ourselves and repeatedly asked for the $200 deposit back. One of their staff agreed that they would send me back the amount since everything was so messed up, but when I called them the other day, another staff told me that the one I spoke to before was not available and that they will call me back. Until now I have not heard anything from him. I felt like I was working with a company that really was non-existent because they would constantly tell me that the consultants I talked to are no longer there. I chose them over the others because they gave me a quote, but they seemed to be up and up about what they were doing. I trusted them, but maybe I shouldn't have. My son was so distraught over his moving experience. I would not recommend them at all.

Michelle from North American Relocation the numbers she used to bully me are **. After I blocked her number she started harassing me on a different number **. She left threatening messages of which I am saving for evidence. She said she was gonna steal my personal information and continue to call me until I asked her nicely to remove my name from the company's call list. What the hell kind of deviants does your company give our personal information to? You guys have so many negative comments on this company but your company continues to give them innocent customers information.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I hired North American for a long distance move and it was a disaster. They had an established name and a long record of being in business. I selected them because it was a big company and I did not want a broker because there are brokers these days that farm out to local companies without an established reputation or service record. However, as it turned out, North America is also a broker and they farmed us out to some mover in St. Louis that had a non-descriptive truck and people who didn’t speak English very well.

There were three people that came and the third person got sick and didn’t participate in the unloading. They ended up going around the neighborhood, looking for young men to help unload our piano into our new house. There were two professional movers and they were totally incapable of moving the piano. They had to rely on the advice of the neighbor as well as me to carry the thing. We’re just lucky that we got the piano up without dropping it. They lost several pieces of the piano which we’re still having to replace. They also lost the base for the TV which we haven’t found. They lost several other pieces and broke many dishes that they didn’t pack adequately. Then one of them even insisted we sign something complementary after the move and we just said he was a nice guy, but this was before we found out about our broken stuff.

It's not North American anymore but a brokered service. They just hire out their jobs and then give you an exorbitant rate, make you sign ahead of time for a really limited liability on their part. It’s totally unfair and discouraging. It stated they’re not going to be responsible for anything more than 10 cents per pound. That was just unbelievable. I couldn’t deal with it. On top of that, their customer service just made excuses and were totally useless.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

North American was advertised on the internet as one of the top 10 in the nation and it also seemed to be a reputable company. I used their residential services for pickup, moving and delivery. And it has been terrible. First of all, I was quoted a specific amount and date for pickup. They arrived two days late and the wife of the truck driver texted back and forth and gave excuses, which was absolutely unprofessional. I was packing my grandmother’s belongings because she had just passed away and I was the executor of the estate. She resided in New Mexico and I’m from DC and I had to extend out a day. I have to be back in DC the next day and they weren’t going to be able to even come until the day after when we had a set date. So, my grandmother’s sister interacted with them and she said that they sounded kind of very grungy and they weren’t professional at all.

My grandmother's belongings arrived at my mother’s place in North Carolina several days after the date that they stated they’re going to be there. And they contacted my mother stating that she needed to pay over $2,900 cash and it was like the entire amount not taking into account what I had already paid, which was half of the deposit. They refused to unlock the door and start offloading. So, my mom had to call the cops in order to get this going. My mother still had to pay like over $2,900 and we haven’t received any sort of repayment. We’re not totally pleased. It was bad and it was so unfortunate that I couldn’t be there for either one of those transactions or interactions. I would’ve handled it. Our experience was horrible.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

North American Relocation was the first one to contact me after I sent in an inquiry. I used them to transport the household furniture. Sometimes, communication was bad. The last two were both Latino, and one of them didn't speak English at all. But it definitely worked out well with all of them.

WARNING - DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY (NORTH AMERICAN RELOCATION, LLC - BUYER BEWARE!!! We had worse than a terrible experience with this company, which estimated cost based on lies and misrepresentations. First, I was specifically told by the original sales person (Billie), that it was his company, his trucks and his drivers... therefore, he controlled all aspects of the timing and quality of the moving service. He provided me with his "personal cell #" so I could contact him 24/7 with any problems or concerns during the move process. This # ended up being nothing more than a business contact number, which I'm sure was utilized by the entire sales team, as my guy never answered it and rarely when it was answered other employees answered it.

Initial estimate was based on me walking around my home while telling him what types of furniture I had. I was assured this type of estimating system was very accurate, but the final cost would be adjusted based on actual weight once the truck was loaded based on .35 cents per pound. No additional costs would be incurred other than actual weight calculated at .35 cents per pound. I was asked to provide a final inventory update a week out from the move date so that they could better estimate the amount of the moving trailer space needed for our HHGDs. Based on the final estimate I provided, I was transferred to Billie's supervisor (Jake), who told me if I wanted the truck to show up in a week, then I needed to pay an additional $1,000 and make another $1,500 deposit (on top of the $2,500) already paid. This was pure blackmail as my home was sold and closing was set for a week out.

Jake lied and specifically told me that the $1,000 increase was because a larger truck (semi) was needed based on the final est along with a larger moving crew and he needed to pay room/board and per diem of the workers in advance. When I pushed back, Jake agreed to pay $500 of the increase with his company CC and even said he was on hold with the dispatch and would pay it immediately for me. This all ended up being a LIE. I later learned from Executive Moving and Storage, which was the company North American contracted my move with, that my scheduled truck was never changed, the increase of 1,000 estimate pounds made no difference, my moving crew was never increased and they do not get paid per diem as they are independent contractors. And, even if they did, North American does not pay them for meals or lodging.

Additionally, Jake never paid the $500 as he said he did. IT WAS ALL A LIE DESIGNED TO EXTORT AN ADDITIONAL $1000 FROM ME. Then, Jake refused to provide the updated estimate to Executive Moving and Storage showing the $500 payment, which resulted in my being billed for the entire $1000. When I told my story to Executive Moving and Storage, the representative worked with Jake and obtained his assurance they would pay the $500 as promised and would credit me the other $500. However, in the end, Jake only credited me $250, and then refused to accept the calls from the moving company to explain why the full amount was never credited back. There is much more to tell, but this is more than enough to show how this company is a scam company intended on defrauding customers through misrepresentations and outright lies. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH NORTH AMERICAN RELOCATION, LLC.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer
I had a big move all the way from Washington State to Florida. North American Relocation called me back and I got to talk to a real person. I packed the boxes, they came to my house and loaded the boxes. Also, they took apart my bed which I really appreciated. Then they took my stuff and put it in storage while I moved across country from Washington State down to Florida. I just called them when I had a place to put my stuff and they brought them to me.

The price from North American Relocation was good and cheaper than U-Haul. When the manager quoted some price for the storage monthly, I told him that I cannot afford it. So he brought it down to a better price and I had the first month free. Then it turned out that I was able to get a place ready where I didn't have to pay a month of storage.

However, the communication between the driver and myself as to when they would exactly come was not as good as it could have been and could be improved. On the first time, they said that he'll call me ahead of time and set it up, but I never got that call. For the pickup, they said that they'll give me two days' notice, but they called me one night and said that they'll be there tomorrow morning at 9:00. But, the guy was really nice about it and he changed it to the next day. Then when they were going to drop it off, they said they'd let me know within a few days of when to expect them, but I also never got that call.

So I finally I called them, like called dispatch person's number and they let me know that it should be sometime in the next four or five days. So, that was a little bit hard for me because I was going back and forth between my sick parents who were in a different town and the place where my stuff was going. The driver then called and said that they'll be there on Sunday between 2:00 and 4:00, but at around 11:00 our neighbors called and said that the truck was there. I was at church and I had an appointment that was supposed to last until 2:00, so my fiancé called the guy and asked if they could get lunch first or something and the guy was super nice about it and agreed. So, I appreciated both ends of them being polite and nice about it. Overall, they’re affordable and personable to work with. I didn't feel like I was treated like a number or a job. They understood that I was a real person with real needs.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

At first I was under the impression that this was a good company. After going through several different reps, I found this to not be the case. I somehow didn't look over my full inventory but it was repeated back to me and it was all the things I told them, but somehow that wasn't the case either. Already frustrated, I didn't double check and my payment was already gone by then. When going through the inventory with the quality assurance manager, he was very rude and kept breathing hard because I had to keep adjusting things to fit my budget which he didn't like.. Started off with a great price and ended up going well over my budget. Wish I had known that I could go straight to All State Movers, they were very awesome and professional!! Word of advice: be courteous to your customers, moving is already stressful enough!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Great job in the moving of our furniture from Wellington Fl. to Sun City West Az. Your people did a great job packing up our thing and making sure furniture was wrapped properly. Thank you Lisa and Jake for working with us on our move and making sure things were done right.

Factual basis uncertain

This is a broker service for moving NOT a moving company. They give a quote that is contracted with an outside company to provide the service. They make promises about quality and delivery they are not going to keep. Our belongings left Alabama for Florida and now both the company they contracted with and North American can't give a delivery date. The promised quote was increased by $200 when the moving company arrived because of information not provided to them from North American. Now we are here in Florida wondering when or if we will get our belongings.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The service was pretty good. We had a small table and a rug that wasn't mine and a couple of my bookshelves were damaged. All in all good job! It was very nice to not have to move my belongings myself. Thank you for the service!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Love, love this moving company! 5/5 customer service; the manager was respectful and took his time explaining the moving policies and pick up date. Moving price was affordable and reasonable as well. The moving transition was excellent! Will definitely recommend this moving company to friends and family.

Insufficient response received

Do not go for them! You are better off with an unranked company. They will lie to you to squeeze every dollar they can. Initially they fraudulently withdrew the online estimate that I had signed, the details about assembly help was removed from the paperwork in records. Their trusted carrier "we care for you" is fraud too. They tried to show my items were overweight. In fact they had the wrong person and then upon complaining and seeking certified weight ticket they realized the mistake. Then they tried to overcharge saying one item was bulky.

Added 100$ for overnight stay although they were the ones running late in night and were projected to arrive after 8 pm. No confirmation was sought until they reserved the hotel to stay and arrive next day morning 40 mins after their drop off window. They brought in a wrong item into my home. Did not even separate my items from someone else's. Did not keep the bulky item separate although they claimed the bulky item required extra storage, it was actually folding table that is smaller than bed. Did not disassemble the TV stand and kept it unwrapped during move.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

North American Relocation was fairly inexpensive compared to other movers. At least that's what I thought upfront. We nailed down exactly what I have, what I’m moving, and when. They quoted me a price based on what other moving companies offered. It seemed like there are no hidden fees. The price seemed like it was set in stone. So, I liked that. Then once they moved and got to the delivery, their tune changed all of a sudden. I could understand maybe it was based on the parking situation that they had there, it was quite difficult for a truck that size. But, the difference was over a $1,000 and that was mind boggling. I was pretty pissed off about that. Also, I was out of state when they moved me so I had somebody there. The movers contacted me a couple of times by phone. However, it's hard to understand them because I believe there was Spanish.

Factual basis uncertain

My experience with North American Relocation is not good at all. I found them online and chose them because of the pricing and the availability of the time. But then that all got screwed up. It was just bad move. They were supposed to pick it up on the 23rd and they did that. They picked it up in Louisiana and took it to Dallas. I was relocating to Florida. I told them they could deliver it any time after the 23rd but I didn't get my shipment until the 10th. When I got the shipment, it was busted all to pieces. Missing mattresses, missing boards, furniture -- legs off of it. Everything is broken, I get so frustrated I just stopped. There are still boxes packed that I haven't even attempted to open yet. Then they just gave me the claims number but I haven't reached out to them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm a single mom with a brain injury, and I was moving out here to be closer to my family because I had brain surgery. My fiance, who's in Oregon, decided to hire a mover because he didn't want me to have any more stress than I already have. I also Googled moving companies and started calling the ones that popped up. I then got a call from the representative of North American Relocation. He was honest and he told me everything that was going to happen. He also warned me that I could get many phone calls from other movers. Then, in the middle of the night at about 10:30 PM, he was on it and sent me all the information that I needed.

But the mover himself was a disaster. First of all, we were supposed to do the move on a Saturday, but he showed up a day late and he didn't pick the stuff up until Sunday. Obviously, we were at that point where I had to get my stuff out of my old house because I was selling it and people were closing on it the next day. So, I had no choice but to just be on the ball with getting out. And then, the mover couldn't get the stuff off the truck until Monday because of his hours. So, this messed my work schedule up and it also messed a ton of people up that were helping me.

Furthermore, the mover didn't fit everything on the truck, as we had arranged, because he literally showed up at the house with a ton of stuff on his truck from another move and he said that he didn't have room on his truck for everything that we had contracted. So, I had to make another trip to move things four and a half hours away. I had a really good interaction with the moving consultant, but at the end of the day, the mover blamed the consultant for overbooking him. But he could have told the consultant, "Well, it's a bad idea if I take this move because I've still got this other person's stuff on my truck and I'm not gonna be able to fit everything," instead of taking another customer's money and doing it that way, because I had to pay a U-Haul and my people had to help move my stuff.

It was really a bad deal. The mover had told me in South Carolina that he had two guys coming to help him, but when he got here, these people never showed up. So, I had to call somebody to come and help him move my stuff out of my old house because he had no help. By then, because he was a day late and it was a Sunday, it was difficult to call somebody up and say, "Hey, I need help." And I couldn’t believe that he didn't have anybody helping him, but it seems that he had never planned on having anybody help him.

One other issue is that there’s one interstate between my old house and the new house, and then you get off on a highway, and there are three turns that you have to take. I had paid the mover for the use of his truck, but when he got here, he didn't come out to my driveway but parked at the bottom of the hill. It’s good that my landlord had a tractor with an arm truck with a trailer because he did most of the moving of my stuff. My landlord kept asking where were the guys who were supposed to help the mover, because the mover said that these guys were already at the house, but there's only one way in and out, and nobody was here. So, my landlord said, "Let's just get the stuff off the truck," and he helped the mover move all the stuff. My landlord put the stuff on his trailer and brought this up with his tractor. If I did not have all those things in place myself and the ability to have these available to me, my things wouldn't have been moved.

So, it's been a fiasco moving my stuff and it came very close to being a much larger disaster than it was because the move turned out to be a very stressful event. By the time we got moved, I was having a big adversity because my brain injury has made me blind in my right eye. My fiancé was upset about the disastrous move and was so worried about me, but he said, "Just let it go. It's over with. Let's just move on from this. You’ve got to go to the doctor." In fact, since I moved two months ago, I’ve spent many days at the hospital with the doctors.

I'm very dissatisfied with my moving experience and I had contemplated calling North American to let them know, "Hey, you’ve got this going on.” Even though they're contractors and they don’t work directly for North American, they are an extension of their company. I'm a business owner myself and have people that work for me, and I would be mortified and angry if the people that work for me represented me in that manner. The mover had people calling him the whole time during my move, and his phone was just blowing up, and he was saying, "She wanted her stuff a few days ago, but she paid the minimum, and she's been hitting me up every day.” He's a character. I wouldn't want anybody to go through that nightmare ever again.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was looking online for a mover and liked North American Relocation's price. Their ad caught my eye, too. The moving consultant good. He asked me when I needed to move and worked on the price for me. The actual movers were great. They were thorough, patient, and very helpful. They were careful with the stuff and brought it to where they needed to bring it. Moving is tough but they can do a tough job a little easier and I appreciate that. I would recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We were never told that this was a cash only operation and that certified or credit cards were not acceptable as payment until AFTER our furniture was loaded and we had no choice other than acquiesce to their demands. Very small move (10 items) and the one piece, Grandfather Clock, was disassembled professionally for the move. The contracted movers unpacked the weights and bent them so that they are now unusable. The one thing they needed to do was a fail. Would not recommend North American Relo or their contracted US Movers.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was looking online for a delivery service across the country and talked to maybe eight different companies. North American Relocation came in best on my book. They were the most comfortable in my pocket. They were very fast, too, overall. They’ve been around a little longer than other companies and had more experience. The driver was nice enough to call two days before he got to my house and told me he was gonna be around a certain time the next day. And then he called me two hours and 15 minutes before he arrived. So that was pretty good.

However, there were two guys who said they’re gonna pack and unpack everything and try to relocate it. My couch wasn’t put back together the way I had it at my other house and I had to do that myself. They also didn’t want to move this big furniture that I had. It was a wardrobe closet and I had to do it myself because they just left it in the living room. They were a little bit rude. But other than that, the experience was okay. North American was very helpful overall. They have pretty good communication, too. They’re really good about keeping track with their client of where exactly the driver is. They were very good with what they do. No wonder they’ve been around so long.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was moving and I had already packed everything. I went on the internet to do some comparing between different relocation services. I originally had a different moving company and North American Relocation called me about that particular company and suggested to try somebody else. I tried to look at the internet and went back to North American. I worked with Alysa and most of the time, she was very helpful. North American found a moving company and had them come out. We had Harco for the move itself and they were absolutely fantastic. The pickup was excellent and I could not have had a better company. Harco was a very excellent company.

But I didn’t really expect the way it would happen. I thought they would contract a company and the same company would pick up and deliver. But it was a different company who delivered my stuff and there were a couple of things missing. It was small articles, like a brand-new barbecue that I had just bought and hadn’t used and a rug. I've been contacting North American since March. I called and the lady told me to fill out a form but she never sent me a form. So, I told her I didn't receive it and I emailed her expressing that this is what was missing but I haven't heard anything back. I never received a response or email. But North American was very good as far as getting the moving done.

North American Relocation Company Profile