toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Lori,

North American Relocation is pleased to have played a role in your state to state move. If there is anything you are needing now or in the future please do not hesitate to reach out.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2016

We recently moved from Bucks County, PA (North of Philadelphia) to Murrells Inlet, SC (South of Myrtle Beach) & were going to take on the HUGE task of moving our whole house ourselves & due to unfortunate circumstances found ourselves not able to & "in a time crunch". We contacted North American Relocation, amongst others, & with speaking to Derek **, their representative, knew right away we'd go with North American. Derek was very professional, knowledgeable, helpful & understanding from start to finish. We have dealt with a transportation company in the past & they were a nightmare. North American made our move smooth & easy. THANK YOU Derek ** & North American. We will definitely refer your company to our friends.

Rebecca,

We at North American Relocation are grateful for the time you spent sharing your moving experience on Consumer Affairs. Future customers of North American Relocation will rely on reviews such as yours, and need the engagement of our many satisfied customer to paint the correct picture. If there is anything the team at North American Relocation can help you with now or in the future please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best wishes,

North American Relocation

Original review: Aug. 22, 2016

When I found out I had to move for my job again I was stressed out. I had put my information in online and received a few unexpected phone calls from moving services and was annoyed. I looked at reviews and decided to go with North American Relocation. They explained that if I had more weight then my price would go higher compared to cubic feet and were very detailed on the phone. I put my deposit down and was uncomfortable with that itself but I had to move.

Moving day came, driver was on time and I was happy with the way they packed my house. I understand the company I was speaking to were brokers and don't actually own the trucks and they explained that to me as well. So they finished packing my glass and left. When the driver got to the weight station I had 1500 lbs more than my estimate and was unhappy. I simply called North American Relocation (My-broker) and the manager told me not to worry, he would help me because I didn't have the funds to unload the truck. He pulled out his credit card and paid the drivers the 800 I didn't have and said "I'm just happy you have your stuff. Recommend us if you can. Have a great day." I was in shock. I read reviews all the time and people are not recognized for the good they do. I wanna reach out and extend my gratitude to This moving service. They did everything they could to make my experience stress free in a time of hell. Thanks! 5 stars!!

I felt the gentleman doing the packing did a great job. The gentlemen that off loaded my boxes in AZ was great. I felt that I should not have paid a fee for your company to estimate how many lbs. I had, when I gave them that information. I did not have as many boxes or tubs as we quoted you, but had to pay more. All in all I can say it was a good experience. I would consider using your company again. I would do things differently knowing what I do now.

Resolution In Progress

Ms. Gregory,

I will look into what took place and will reach out after I am able to research what took place.

North American Relocation

Original review: Nov. 18, 2016

I contracted this company in October 2016 to move my belongings from Missouri to Virginia. I gave them a deposit on the phone, and a deposit when the driver arrived. Not only was there confusion about the day the driver would come, when he was scheduled he came several hours after waiting for six hours for him to show up. My stuff was put on a U-Haul style truck, and taken to Maryland where it was unloaded to deliver the front of the truck to another customer. Then my stuff was put back on another truck in a jumble and I was asked to pay before it was unloaded.

I was trying to keep track of the boxes, and asked if everything was there and the driver told me "that's what insurance is for". After looking for all of the boxes, I realized three boxes marked "ART" were missing and immediately called the company. I also called the dispatch, and texted and called the driver because I had each of their numbers. Customer service has still not gotten back with me and it has been three weeks. I have called continually. Once they have your money, that's all they care about! After I saw how my stuff was thrown into the back of the truck before it was delivered was very disappointing, and then to realize that you are missing things and they don't care? Don't use this company! They are a sham!

Resolution In Progress

Mary Fetzer,

North American Relocation

Original review: Nov. 11, 2016

The third party movers they sent to our house did not have the proper tools needed, they did not box our TVs when we had paid for them, tore the water line off or new refrigerator instead of taking apart properly, and damaged many pieces of furniture by dropping the pieces or carrying them improperly. We called North American to file a complaint and it took us days to finally speak with an agent to help us file a claim. We filed the claim over a month ago, have heard nothing, and of course cannot get anyone to answer our calls or email. Worst moving experience ever! DO NOT USE THEM!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about North American Relocation?

I hate writing negative reviews. In every situation, I try to find every means possible to find resolution before situations like this escalate to this point. That being said, this company does not even deserve one star. I cannot for the life of me believe that consumer affairs actually ENDORSES this sham. At the beginning of October, I inquired with North American Relocation LLC about a quote for a potential move. I told them that nothing was definite yet and I just needed to know how much a move to Florida would cost. My husband received a job offer and we were trying to figure out what he would have to negotiate for moving expenses. They called me multiple times over the next few days telling me that I should “lock in” my rate because the quote was only good for 24 hours.

Then they extended the quote to be good until a few days longer. They used high-pressure sales tactics and lied to convince me to use them before I was ready. I told them we were still in the beginning stages and just needed a quote. We were not even sure the move would happen but needed to know how much it would cost if it did. They told me they would have to bump the rate higher if I didn’t give them a deposit immediately and we needed to lock our rate in NOW in order to get a good rate. They were the least expensive quote of the three I got from different companies so I did not want to lose the rate. They promised over and over that it would be 100% refundable if we did not move and would be refunded promptly right back into my bank account. I asked if I could please use a debit or credit card because I don’t like to give out my checking account number. They insisted they could only accept check by phone.

I felt uncomfortable with this so I checked with consumer affairs and the reviews said they were a reputable company. I decided after multiple phone calls with them and what turned out to be many false promises to give them the deposit via check by phone. I signed an agreement that stated what furniture I planned to move, the prospective moving date, and the total charges that would be due for deposit, Pick up, and delivery. There was a hand written note on the documents that my move was 100% refundable. I asked for a copy. They told me I could print my copy after I had E - signed their document and a copy would also be emailed to me. Not only did the E sign not allow me the chance to print a copy, a copy was never mailed to me.

I asked multiple people multiple times to please send me documentation of the agreement I had signed. They either refused, or said sure and then I never heard from them again. They took $1,694 from me. When I asked for it back, I was told a check was in the mail. It's been weeks and I still have not received my money. I've called the company countless times asking what was going on. After a few attempts to get an answer, they began evading my calls and outright lied every time I did actually reach someone. I heard countless excuses for why the refund wasn’t furnished. They’ve told me they sent it to the wrong address, they’ve told me that they were waiting for the old check to come back so they didn't have to pay a cancelled check fee, that told me that they don’t really have to give me a refund if they don’t want to. I should be happy that I even have a chance of getting it back.

One girl even said “What is the refund? A couple hundred dollars? Why are you giving us so much trouble for a few hundred dollars?” We said no, it is over $1,600. Finally, my husband was able to call from his phone number that they did not recognize. He and I both spoke to multiple people during the phone call. They seemed to pass the phone along after each of them got tired and had no more excuses to come up with. They told my husband the same story about the check being mailed to the wrong address and they were waiting for it to come back before sending another check. We asked for the check number and dates and they told us they did not keep track of that information. We asked to speak with their accounting department and they refused. We asked them how they could possible not keep track of their finances.

It was then we began to feel they lied and never sent a check at all and we’ve been waiting for a check that never existed. Finally, after much work we tracked down a upper-level manager who was absolutely terrible. He admitted that his company lies to its customers to get their business. He flat out told me the original sales rep lied to me and told me that the move was 100% refundable only to get my business. I told him that my bank had advised me to file a police report. He yelled, "Oh yeah? Tell them to come get me! I'm in Boynton Beach, FLORIDA!" I told him this was a totally unacceptable way to treat a customer. He said “Oh yeah, you get what you give! You’re harassing me, now I’m going to harass you! This is why we don't give refunds. We get idiots like you calling 70 times asking for their money."

As the conversation went on, he proceeded to get more and more nasty and defensive. I begged him to please cancel the original check and send a new one certified mail or with some type of tracking that would allow me to know it was actually sent. He outright refused. We asked him to please send the funds another way. Such as electronic transfer. He said absolutely not. Then, after I told him that was unacceptable and asked if he understood that the police and my bank had both been made aware of the situation.

I asked him one more time to please do the right thing and refund a customer that had been given the run around for three weeks their money back. He condescendingly told me that he would call me himself the next morning when he put the check in mail. I never heard from him. They evade our calls and will not respond. We’ve exhausted every other option to try to reclaim our funds. The police and our bank's fraud department are now currently working to reclaim our money.

As I read the reviews of NAR recently posted on the site, I can only state my experience was less than pleasant and the associate that was assigned to my move left the company about 2 days before the weekend of my move and no one from the company called me to update me what was going on. There is always an excuse. It's the weekend and a holiday weekend (labor day). Please see the reviews on Yelp as they are more indicative of what I experienced. This is not a moving company, but rather a broker that subcontracts the work to another mover. The mover that my order was sent to damaged and stole belongings. I am addressing that separate with them.

I was initially promised by the rep that was handling the move that I could expect to have my belongings delivered in 2 days since the distance was less than 500 miles. Sure, no problem at all so I went with them. They continued to stay engaged with me until about a week before the move, which was reassuring and the Thursday before the weekend of the move, we reviewed my inventory and I knew I had more stuff than I originally estimated since I called them about 7 weeks before the move date and barely started packing. They charged me an additional $400 for the extra weight. I was not happy that I had to pay it, but they did agree to later refund the charge once the move was in process and started to go horrible.

The movers never called as I was promised. When I attempted to email NAR back, the email to the representative I was communicating with about 4 days prior bounced back. I continued to call them till someone responded. Jake called me back and initially tells me the move date needs to be pushed back, I advised no. I reserved these weeks in advance and needed to be out of the house on a specific date. He said he would work on it and got the moving company to come the next day (of the 3 day window I was originally promised by NAR). He also mentioned that he had to pay the mover additional money as if I should be appreciative that they were able to do the job I entered into a contract with them to do.

The mover changed the terms of the contract after my belongings were on the truck and they were ready to leave. I really had no recourse but to sign the agreement because they were wanting to leave and I needed to be out of my property that afternoon as it had been sold and I already had to rent it back additional days from the new buyer since we were not moved out on the date we originally told would, it would be done.

The next morning after I arrived in my new state, I called and spoke to Jake again and he was a bit standoffish when I told him that Jonathan told me that my stuff would be delivered in 48 hours. I explained to jake this what is staff advised and was the deciding factor that made me go with their firm. If they had told me that it may be 5 -10 days before I got my belongings I never would have done business with the firm. He of course could not comment for what their associate advised me from the original call because he was no longer employed there. However, it's what I heard going on in the background during my call on September 7th which is telling of how this company operates.

I heard a man yelling at his employees in a strong east coast accent saying he does not give a ** of what a customer has to say. "We are sales people and here to do a job. If you don't like it, then you can ** leave." I asked Jake what was occurring in the background and he said it was a staff meeting. I believe it was the next day that I connected with Jake again, after I had to initiate the call to him and he advised me that my belongings would be delivered in about 5 days. When I reminded him of what his company promised, he asked "well what do you want me to do, get a truck and have your items delivered now?" My response was "YES! This is what I am paying you for."

I was told I would be called back with an update, but I was always the one having to try to call back asking for an update. In the end, I received my stuff damaged in 6 days. NAR did refund me the $400 that I paid for the additional charges for the additional goods that were shipped in excess of what was on the original inventory list. The company they contacted out to certainly holds the NAR manager's way of operating. They did not care about me or my belongings.

In the end it was a lesson learned. I have always moved myself. This was my first experience and last ever hiring a mover. Unfortunately, the moving industry is unregulated and the consumer ready does not have the option to test a service before fully committing to it. And once they do, the consumer is at the mercy of the moving company. The move cost me about $6600, but the driver that delivered my belongings estimated that the job could have been done for about $4500.

I have to question who posted so many of the positive reviews on this site for NAR. The reviews on yelp are more reflective of what occurred for me. I also suspect that I will receive a response back stating that they cannot control acts of god, delays with trucks, mechanical breakdowns etc. And that may be true, but you can control if employees operate morally and ethically unlike what I heard displayed by the leadership of this company around 7:30 AM PST on September 7, 2016. I sent an email directly to NAR this morning before drafting this response. I also sent an email to the owners of the company when the move was still active, but I never received a response back. I suspect that I will not receive a response to this one either.

Factual basis uncertain

Robin,

North American Relocation

Original review: Oct. 6, 2016

I called North American Relocation to help me make a move from Oregon to Virginia. Rated 5 Stars and What I thought I was getting was not at all what I received. I dealt with 6 different people, one not knowing what the other was saying. Quoted me one price and said they were quoting high so I wouldn't have any surprises of higher costs later. Well I was surprised alright. The company they hired to move me, Oasis Moving and Storage, quoted me $4500.00 MORE!!! So instead of paying $5,620.00 I paid $11,003.35!!! North American Relocation actually said to me that I must have added things and I told him I took things off, dining set, generator, to name a couple of things. North American then hired "Oasis Moving and Storage" which is altogether a new problem. They dumped me on a curb in the street. Now they say it's not their responsibility, I ask whose then? I hired them to do a service for me and who they hired did not.

3 days later I am still waiting for a call back and a claim form which they said they would email me... still waiting with no calls, nothing. My experience has not been a good one at all and would not like to see anyone else go through this. I will be writing another review on the Company North American Relocation hired to move me, Oasis Moving and Storage/United moving and Storage out of Las Vegas, NV. Thank you.

Angelo,

We appreciate the time you spent to share your long distance moving experience on Consumer Affairs. North American Relocation prides itself on the level of customer service we provide our clients, so to learn you were satisfied with you move is satisfying to read. If there is anything you need now or in the future please do not hesitate to contact us.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2016

At times our communication with the staff at North American Relocation seemed very difficult. I felt very uncomfortable with the process in our scheduled move. In fact to the point of not trusting the company staff. But, they came through with flying colors. The schedule day of our move the truck was on time, and the delivering of our furniture was exactly there for us right after we closed on our new house. The trucking staff was very cooperative, and did an excellent job loading all our stuff, and unloading and setting up all our stuff.

Jessica,

Thank you for taking time in such a busy time of your life to share your long distance moving services. We are pleased to have played a role in relocating you to your new state. If there is anything you are in need of please do not hesitate to contact a member of the team at North American Relocation.

North American Relocation

Original review: Aug. 18, 2016

I found this company on Google, as I was doing my research online, which I am thankful to come across them! Getting on the phone with them they were able to help me with shipping my car and my home belongings and storage unit, at a price within my budget. But that's not what sold me with this company. What really made me want to move with them (which is still in process), was the fact that they took care of me as if they knew me... I am a nervous wreck BC MOVING ACROSS COUNTRY, THIS A BIG IMPORTANT STEP and they made me feel comfortable to make this move.

I call them at least a few times a week, I come up with new questions or just to go over things to make sure everything is done correctly in both sides, theirs and mines, I mean can you blame me? It's across country! Lol. My car is my baby and my home goods is my memories etc. Anyway as much or little I may call THEY ALWAYS ANSWER!!! And if they need to get back to me BC they are super busy, they always make sure they get back to me as promised. Best part is even if it someone I have not yet spoke with who calls me back, they already know where I left off last from my last call, which means this company has great communication skills and everyoneee is on top of their business when their clients and on the same page!!!!

So far I am EXTREMELY HAPPY with the service being provided from this company and I would recommend them to others as I already have. :))))) They are patient and kind, they explain fully to you how the process goes, and if promise you if something goes wrong they will correct it for you. I'm really happy to do business with them, as I believe you reading this review will too. :) Update: My car made it perfectly to California!! Next is to find my place to live and I know my furniture will make it there. Was well in perfect condition. I love this company and will continue to tell people about them!

Lucy,

We are pleased to have learned that you are pleased with the services you received from North American Relocation. We as a team pride ourselves as being #1 in the moving industry, and want to make sure the word gets out to future customers. If there is anything we can help you with now are in the future please do not hesitate to reach out.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2016

I called three companies before North American Relocation. Had a very bad experience the last time I moved. These people were courteous, explained each charge and even asked me if I needed help with the assembly of a desk. They returned my call on a weekend to advise me that my things were arriving. No scratches, no missing boxes and no fine print with up-charges. To me that is great service.

Gabriele,

The team at North American Relocation appreciates the time you spent sharing your long distance moving experience on Consumer Affairs. Future consumers will read what you wrote and make a buying decision, which we greatly appreciate. If you or anyone you know are in need of long distance moving services please do not hesitate to reach out.

Best wishes,

Original review: Aug. 17, 2016

I used North American relocation to help me move from California to Pennsylvania. They were very kind and helpful throughout the whole move. Everyone was punctual and professional. I would definitely recommend them to anyone! If I plan to move in the future again I will be giving them a call!

Chilsia,

Thank you for taking the time to share your long distance moving experience on Consumer Affairs. North American Relocation prides itself on being a leader in the household moving industry. If there is anything I can assist you with in the future please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,

Original review: Aug. 16, 2016

I had a great experience with North American Relocation. They picked up and delivered on time. Will definitely recommend them again.

Lizzeta,

The time you spent sharing your household moving experience on Consumer Affairs is greatly appreciated by the team at North American Relocation. North American Relocation is pleased to have played a role in your relocation. If you are someone you know is in need of long distance moving assistance please do not hesitate to reach out.

North American Relcoation

Original review: Aug. 16, 2016

Thank you! I am finally in NY. On the recommendation of a friend, I recently used North American Relocation to move me and my family from our San Diego house to our NYC apartment. I could not have been more pleased. Their quote was more reasonable than the three others I received, by a long shot. Their scheduling process was easy. Their customer service was impeccable and they accommodated a last-minute change without any issues. They sent me regular reminders and helpful tips and made sure my building had the necessary insurance certificate without me lifting a finger. And my move itself was seamless. The team was efficient, careful, respectful of special requests, especially in not scratching my floor. Five stars!

North American Relocation Company Profile