toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Lori,

North American Relocation is pleased to have played a role in your state to state move. If there is anything you are needing now or in the future please do not hesitate to reach out.

Sincerely,

North American Relocation

Original review: Aug. 26, 2016

We recently moved from Bucks County, PA (North of Philadelphia) to Murrells Inlet, SC (South of Myrtle Beach) & were going to take on the HUGE task of moving our whole house ourselves & due to unfortunate circumstances found ourselves not able to & "in a time crunch". We contacted North American Relocation, amongst others, & with speaking to Derek **, their representative, knew right away we'd go with North American. Derek was very professional, knowledgeable, helpful & understanding from start to finish. We have dealt with a transportation company in the past & they were a nightmare. North American made our move smooth & easy. THANK YOU Derek ** & North American. We will definitely refer your company to our friends.

Rebecca,

We at North American Relocation are grateful for the time you spent sharing your moving experience on Consumer Affairs. Future customers of North American Relocation will rely on reviews such as yours, and need the engagement of our many satisfied customer to paint the correct picture. If there is anything the team at North American Relocation can help you with now or in the future please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best wishes,

North American Relocation

Original review: Aug. 22, 2016

When I found out I had to move for my job again I was stressed out. I had put my information in online and received a few unexpected phone calls from moving services and was annoyed. I looked at reviews and decided to go with North American Relocation. They explained that if I had more weight then my price would go higher compared to cubic feet and were very detailed on the phone. I put my deposit down and was uncomfortable with that itself but I had to move.

Moving day came, driver was on time and I was happy with the way they packed my house. I understand the company I was speaking to were brokers and don't actually own the trucks and they explained that to me as well. So they finished packing my glass and left. When the driver got to the weight station I had 1500 lbs more than my estimate and was unhappy. I simply called North American Relocation (My-broker) and the manager told me not to worry, he would help me because I didn't have the funds to unload the truck. He pulled out his credit card and paid the drivers the 800 I didn't have and said "I'm just happy you have your stuff. Recommend us if you can. Have a great day." I was in shock. I read reviews all the time and people are not recognized for the good they do. I wanna reach out and extend my gratitude to This moving service. They did everything they could to make my experience stress free in a time of hell. Thanks! 5 stars!!

NO CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! Even the so called managers will not help you (Douglas and Jake) and are very unprofessional. I originally hired North American Relocation service because they were polite and seemed professional. I should have done my research. They are just a broker and hire other movers to handle your items. They do no work and assume no responsibility when something goes wrong. They were suppose to contact me a couple days before my move date to confirm exact date and time. I had all my items packed and ready to move and no one called. I made multiple attempts to contact them.

Finally I contacted the moving company they hired (Integrity Van Lines) to move my items and this company was unaware of my pick up time. They had another company (E&S Moving Systems) come out the following day to pick up my items. Also I was told to get a cashier's check made out to Integrity Van lines but E&S would not accept my check. NARS the company I hired never contacted me at any point. I had to call them to check on my items to see when they would be delivered and they told me to contact Integrity Van Lines.

After contacting Integrity Van Lines we set up a delivery date and when my items arrived it was a different moving company (Moving Forward) which again would not accept my cashier's check that Integrity Van lines told me to get. When the movers finally started to unload my items nothing was wrapped in moving blankets and all of my items are damaged. Over 5 thousand dollars in furniture damaged and no help from NARS or Integrity. I was told to file an insurance claim with CSI. It's been more than 4 months and still nothing. Integrity will not submit the needed paperwork to finalize the claim. No one will help you not even the so called managers. Do not use North American Relocation Services.

North American Relocation markets themselves as a full service company that will handle all aspects of your move. We hired them to oversee the packing, loading and transporting of our household from Cincinnati, OH to Denver, CO. The mover that N. American selected (Unique Moving and Storage) was not a reputable company. The team that packed our items did an insufficient job (after charging us an additional $500 for materials over what was previously agreed to on our binding estimate). Boxes were insufficiently packed resulting in numerous broken items including a 46 Samsung TV, vintage china, lamps (see details below). Boxes were not labeled neither by room nor by contents.

The team from Unique that packed our belongings confirmed repeatedly that as long as the truck was full (it was) our items would not be unloaded and stored and that the original truck would be driven directly to Denver. All of this information was false. After all our belongings were loaded on 2/18, we went 10 days with no information from Unique Moving and Storage as to their location or the anticipated delivery date. When we contacted N. American (daily) we were instructed to deal directly with Unique. When we contacted Unique (daily) we were repeatedly lied to and given false and conflicting information. Our belongings were not delivered to Denver on 2/24 as requested. Because of this delay, we incurred an additional expense of $115/day in Denver. Total cost $1265.

After packing, Unique Moving and Storage drove our belongings to Columbus, OH (90 miles in the wrong direction), unloaded the truck and placed our items in storage. This additional unloading and loading surely resulted in additional damage. Unique Moving subbed our job to another moving company (Suburban Relocation Systems) without our knowledge or consent. Our items were finally delivered on 3/7 by Suburban Relocation and many of them arrived damaged. In addition, we are missing items.

N. American Relocation was dishonest and overcharged us. As outlined in the two accompanying emails we sent to N. American, we completed a detailed inventory with Jane from N. American and received a binding estimate for $8751. Prior to our move we drastically reduced the inventory we were moving (by eliminating many heavy and difficult to move items including our washer and dryer, dining room furniture, office furniture, etc). Rather than lowering our price as our weight was lower, N. American increased it to $10,860. However we were assured that we would be billed based on our actual weight and that we would receive a refund if our weights were lower.

We reviewed a list of detailed questions with Melissa, the QA specialist at N. American. Melissa told us that we would have the same crew loading us in Ohio, driving our belongings to Denver and unloading us there. She also told us that as long as our contents completely filled a truck (which they did), our move would not be combined with others. Neither of these things were true. We were blatantly lied to. We were repeatedly told by N. American that our final cost would be based on the weight of our shipment and that we would be shown weigh bills. However they contracted with Unique Moving and Storage for a flat fee price. We repeatedly emailed N. American about problems with our move (see attachments) and never received a response (either in writing or by phone).

N. American advertises that they have 24/7 customer service, but it is difficult to get someone to answer the phone, even during normal business hours. After days of unanswered calls and emails, I was finally able to get N. Americans customer service manager, Jake, to correspond with us via email, and he agreed that we were due a refund. American was unable to resolve the issues with Unique Moving (who was their preferred vendor!) Once N. American had our money, their standard response was to provide us with Unique's phone number and tell us to call them. In summary, they provided little value or service for the $5,000 fee that they charged.

North American Relocation's staff was honest, thoughtful and attentive to my budgetary needs. They gave me a fair, accurate quote and referred me to an equally responsive and honest transporter located in Michigan, 8 Mile Rd Storage & Moving. Both companies helped me through a very emotionally stressful move from Illinois to Michigan. I was moved in one day. Thank you for walking me through my move with thoughtfulness and grace.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We had North American move most of our personal items from Florida to Wisconsin. I liked that they were in the middle-of-the-road. They weren’t the cheapest but not the absolute most expensive. If I go with the cheapest people, sometimes I don’t get the best service and yet, I don’t want to go with the most expensive. I talked to the moving consultant about three times, mainly dealing with the approximate number of boxes and things that we were moving and the approximate weight because they charged by weight. The movers that moved everything from our place here in Florida were really skilled. They moved some furniture out of one of our rooms and they had to go down a twisty staircase, and they didn’t even ding up the wall. I was really impressed and very happy. It was a very good experience.

I'm writing this review of North American Relocation because I felt compelled to share my experience due to the nature of the way I thought my move would go, and the way it did. I've never moved cross country before and was quite nervous about the task I had undertaken. All the negative things that I heard from people and research that I had done scared me to no end and had me stressed beyond belief. From the moment I went online and started to try getting quotes from moving companies I instantly became the most popular guy on the planet... my phone rang non stop with every possible moving company on the planet. It seemed reaching out to me for my business.

Needless to say, it was unbelievable. Each person I spoke with asked if I had gotten estimates from other companies and naturally I replied yes. As each company asked whom I'd received estimates from was given the answer, immediately the representative on the phone started to put down the other companies whom notified me before them. To a point where my head was spinning and I didn't know who to trust. I was ready to throw in the towel and just move myself. I was then contacted by Bill ** from NAR whose first question was "How stressed are you with having to move?" He apologized for the seeming less bombardment of calls from other companies and explained the process of how my number went out to all the companies which I thought to myself was quite nice, considering nobody else did. Bill assured me he would take good care of me and my family.

Bill was not only very knowledgeable about moving but he assured me that I wouldn't need to contact another company after speaking with him and he would remove the stress from me and take it on himself. I was told from the beginning if I had any questions good or bad not to hesitate to ask and he would answer me honestly. As a matter of fact I remember him saying he would rather be honest and lose my business than lie to gain it. Bill subsequently took my entire inventory and explained the moving process with his company and what to expect. Every question I asked received an answer and whether it was the one I wanted or not I felt he was being honest throughout the entire process. He did ask about other companies and me getting other quotes but to my surprise told me nothing bad about the other companies telling me that was unprofessional to put his competition down.

Long story short he made me feel like getting me taken care of properly from the first stage to the last was his concern and he would be there for me through the entire process. I was assured that the movers would show up on time, be professional and take care to make sure all my possessions were pad wrapped and blanket wrapped for safe shipment. NAR wasn't the cheapest company I was contacted by. In the end however I know from past experiences cheapest never means "the best". You get what you pay for. The crew did exactly what Bill said, even taking apart my bed and putting it back together when we got to Florida. They were careful throughout the wrapping and loading of our things and were certainly very respectful and pleasant. The driver called me 48 hours before arriving and was very prompt. He lead his crew from start to finish and everything went off without a problem.

I was told that my things would arrive anywhere from 10-14 days from when they picked us up and that the driver would again contact me 48 hrs before delivery. Everything that Bill told me came true throughout this process and I would recommend not only him but his company to anyone who asked me in the future if I knew of a good company. Everyone at NAR was professional and extremely diligent throughout the process even answering a call from me at 1:30 am about a question that I had during packing up my televisions. I'm sure plenty of people go and write reviews the moment something goes wrong, in this case nothing did and this company deserves to be commended. BRAVO NAR and thank you all for making my move a smooth stress free experience.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about North American Relocation?

I would like to say that dealing with NAR, Alexis ** was the most helpful rep that I've had the pleasure of dealing with. There were issues, major issues with the carrier they NAR used to move my belongings, Alexis was able to get the issues resolved and corrected the wrongs that were done by the carrier. Thanks once again Alexis.

I receive the information below from Anthony on last week: "To move the truck it is $650 alone. Then we would move the boxes and etc. on a separate truck since to move the vehicle it will be on an auto carrier and we will not be able to fit the boxes and etc. inside of your vehicle within the DOT regulations." "$650.00 for the truck is ok, but $860.00 for just boxes. This is too much money, and it is only about 10-15 boxes. Why so high?"

After all of this, I get a phone call on this morning talking about "Oh Sorry he gave you the wrong price". No one is willing to honor what is in fine print. I am going to make it a point to let everyone know they have awful CUSTOMER SERVICE, and not professional at all. This is HIGHWAY ROBBERY (1000.00 Price hike), and they should be held liable for the quote which was given to me, and then some for the frustration they have caused.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I researched North American Relocation online and decided to go with them for the price. Moving the boxes is why I got their service. Somebody picked those from the storage. When I called them, everybody was pretty good except for the lady at the dispatch office. She had a little attitude every time I spoke with her but everybody else was helpful and they explained everything to me. My experience with them was fast and easy and I'd recommend them.

The sales staff were polite but did not tell me that they would not be doing the actual move and would delegate it to another company in Columbus, Ohio. The initial estimate was very reasonable but the final cost was more than twice the estimate and it was too late for me to withdraw because they said I would lose my initial payment. The initial movers were late to arrive and had to do it in 2 sessions. They were pleasant but took many breaks and did not label boxes and I had to do most of it. So far I have been unable to find the pendulum of the Grand Father Clock amongst others. Their packing was poor and the glass panels in the oriental cabinets are broken. The packing and moving was done by Unique Moving and Storage a Columbus Ohio company whose customer service was very hard to work with.

There were multiple vehicles involved and delay of 5 days in Oklahoma and mechanical problems with the 15 wheeler in Colorado necessitating moving contents to another vehicle and another company. It took 3 weeks for them to get to San Diego. The unloading personnel were nice and the only redeeming feature in the entire move. I am extremely dissatisfied with the service and even though the 2 people whom I contacted and were the references given by George the salesperson who was nice and apologized once, gave good reviews I have read multiple others whose experience has been like mine. I will never use them and want to warn others also.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We made different calls and North American Relocation’s price and commitment of a dedicated truck that led us to choose them. Unfortunately, it ended up not being a dedicated truck. What happened was the dedicated truck they chose was too small for the load that we had. So, they ended getting another similar truck of the same size, send it out and then put our stuff in storage from there. They then put it on an 18-wheeler and sent it out. I worked with a couple of moving consultants. But, the estimation of the project was off. The cost of the additional truck was $4000, which was a third of the actual cost of the total move. Other than that hiccup, the company itself was great. They did well at everything. They were careful in getting everything there, checking all the boxes off , and getting into the house there. It was all great.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I didn't realize that North American Relocation jobbed out the jobs, and I wouldn't use them again because of that. I didn't get to talk to people before they showed up. My problem is that North American recommended Auto Solution to ship a car from Arizona to Oregon and that was my biggest frustration. They were total flakes and failures. I was in Oregon and I was moving my mom's stuff here from Arizona so, it didn't help that I didn't get to talk to anybody in person. The outfit that they jobbed out to was really good. I talked to one group that loaded the stuff and took it to storage. And then, there was a different group that took it from storage and brought it up North. I'd go directly through them and would bypass North American.

The sales person sold me on their reliability and customer support and a price quoted. After acceptance the price changed, they told me if I packed some boxes I would be refunded. Well they failed to show up to pack on my date requested, they sub contracted my job out and then I was informed by the Driver that I had to pay more as he was using his packing materials even though I was already charged for packing materials by North American. I called several times, left messages to query the additional chargers, and no one else calls back. They are hard sell, no customer service after the deal is done and they have your money. I am extremely dissatisfied, disappointed and this has been a traumatic and awful experience dealing with North American. I would not recommend them to anyone and would not consider them to be a top 10 rated Company.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My husband did a lot of the research on moving companies and found that there was a wide range of reviews, both negative and positive, with some of the companies that he was using and he thought that using a broker service like North American Relocation might result in better communication and more trusted service. So, he decided that the extra fee would be worth it to have those two things.

NAR did our move from Texas to California. The moving company gave us a flat rate to move us. They came and packed our stuff and put it on a truck. Then we ended up needing a couple of weeks storage, so they put our stuff into storage. Eventually, they put it on an 18 wheeler, shipped it out here to California, and unloaded it for us. When we initially talked to NAR and gave them a deposit, my husband was more involved in making sure that we chose the right company. But the moving consultants originally gave us a quote which ended up not being what we paid, which was about 50% more, because the quote that they gave us initially was just for one truck to come and pick everything up and they ended up needing a truck and a half. So, we needed two trucks because our first truck was super full.

It was a little bit frustrating at the time to be standing there when we were ready to have the move and had a timeline to move out for our buyers, and they were like, "We're not gonna do any work until you commit to pay XYZ." I wish they had done the fee estimate process in person so that they could see everything that we were going to move and give us an accurate quote. Even if their initial quote had been the higher number, if they had given us an accurate quote, we would have preferred that, rather than having the bait-and-switch.

We heard that some moving companies do that and the risk of taking the lowest bid is that it may not actually be as low as you might think. But that was the risk that we took and it didn't work out as well as we had hoped it would. But it could have been worse. After all, what we ended up paying wasn't double what we were quoted in the beginning. So, I try to be optimistic. We still got a good price through the broker for the moving company.

On the other hand, we were very happy with the actual service because nothing got lost or severely damaged. However, the communication was a little bit flaky and not up-to-date during the actual move out here because we had been given a certain timeline, and then apparently, the driver's truck broke down and we were stuck in DFW in Texas, but he couldn't even tell me whether our stuff was actually on his truck, which I didn't find very comforting. But he was very nice and the moving company gave us his cellphone number so we could talk to him and ask, "Where are you? What time are you gonna be here?" He communicated very well like he was just as frustrated as we were that his truck was done for three days. But it all worked out in the end and our stuff was delivered. We got the family here and moved in.

One negative for using a broker for our move was that sometimes the communication did not match up between them and the actual moving company. For instance, NAR said, "Your stuff is in storage and won't be put on a truck until next weekend." And then the mover says that he has our stuff on his truck and it will be delivered three days late. So, we couldn't figure out what was actually happening or where all of our belongings were. We wanted to trust the moving company because they had all of our stuff. But it was very frustrating that the broker, for some reason, didn't have accurate information about where our stuff was. Because of the communication issue, I might advise someone to use the actual moving company that we used and not bother with the broker. Afterward, NAR contacted me about three or four weeks ago to follow up and make sure that everything went well with our move.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The moving consultant from North American Relocation asked me where I was moving from and where I was moving to, what type of things I was moving, kept in contact with me as I was packing to update inventory and left me with the fact that I could call him if I had any questions or concerns until the move occurred. The gentleman that was in charge of the move explained each of the documents I had to sign and he was able to get everything packed quickly and efficiently.

The only thing was that there should have been more communication about where my drivers were. They called and let me know that the driver would call me. We contacted each other, but then I had another driver. Having experienced that, I now understand how they get everybody’s move to one truck that’s gonna go to the same general area. I was asked for a delivery date when they picked everything up and it was two and a half weeks after that before I got my move stuff.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was checking with a couple of other companies that are available for moving and the rate was between $15 to $100. I then found North American Relocation and asked for a quote. I negotiated with their rep for $50 and then we came to a conclusion of a price which suited us both. The movers came on time and took all the stuff very well. And then the truck driver was asking me to pay $75 more because it was more than 21 steps from the road. When I called North American that this was something they were asking, the rep said I could pay them if I want to and they'll figure something out so I paid the $75 extra. After one day, the rep called and said they will refund the money. I liked that customer oriented approach. All in all, I'm satisfied.

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!! I booked this for my United States Marine to move from NJ to Texas and paid the deposit to schedule the move. They came with a full truck and no empty waybill as required and discussed as a required of the United States Marine Corp. Now I am being told I will not get my money back for a move that never took place because I would have had to cancel within 72 hours and would have not known then that they would have came with a full truck and no empty waybill!!! RIP OFF. What a DISGRACE to our service members and all citizens!!!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

North American Relocation contacted me and they were very pleasant and helpful on the phone so I decided to use them for my long distance moving. I told them what I had to move and worked out a date, and then someone else called me to follow up on that. I had lots of phone calls with them before the move and their quality control people called me as well. They were very helpful and they came when they said they would. They have given it out to a different mover but those people were also very nice, helpful, on time and courteous. It took three to four hours to move the stuff out of my house, another two weeks for my stuff to get here, and about four hours to move it into my house here. Overall, they're efficient.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I checked several movers and their prices seemed rather high. I picked North American Relocation and everything went fine with my move. I was very satisfied. At first, I had a little bit of a problem because we had a bad weather where I lived in North Carolina and they couldn't get in. So, the pick up was delayed but it was all taken care of eventually.

The only problem now is that I'm waiting to hear from Karen who is the person I was told to contact whenever I did have any items that were missing. I've gone over my inventory and there's 18 things that I don't have a little sticker for. Whenever I look at the inventory, I can't make out what they were saying. The gentleman who packed was from Israel so he may have written it in his language and I can't understand what it is. I had talked with Karen once and she gave me movingclaimsdepartment@gmail.com so I can go online. I did that and they said that there was no site for that.

But other than that, they were very nice when they talked to me and they worked nonstop. They did very well and were very conscientious about what they were doing. They did things very professionally and made sure that everything was properly packed and secured whenever they were strapping things up. The group that unloaded my stuff put everything into place where they should be. Everything went well in that respect and I have nothing that has been damaged.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Price was the deciding factor in our getting the services of North American Relocation for moving a household. In summary, we had some initial conversations with the person with whom we negotiated the contract of terms and then, during the move itself, touched based a few times with someone else about when things would arrive and contact information for the people who were actually delivering the stuff.

North American contracts out the actual move to others. Both the pickup and drop-off people were professional and competent, and moved quickly. We have an estimated weight of 1,800 pounds, and then the company that picked up, Vista Van Lines, came back with the actual weight of 2,400 pounds at the weighing station. I was a little skeptical of what Vista provided because I didn't think that we would be off on our initial estimate by that much. Those are definitely legitimate concerns, as I was concerned about the overall weight. However, I don't necessarily blame North American since they had contracted out that part, but I made them aware of my concerns.

I've moved several times and had similar experiences with different companies. They're all cut-rate, so you end up in situations like we did, where you're skeptical. We tried to get in contact with North American several times to get the contact information of the driver so we could know when he was arriving. But there was only one person in North American who we found to be helpful and the rest simply didn't return calls or didn't put much effort into finding the information for us. The problems we encountered are very common and similar to the problems encountered with other companies. So, it's more of dissatisfaction with the overall industry than anything specific to North American. On the whole, our stuff got there undamaged, and only cost a little bit more than we thought.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I did a lot of Googling and I was on the phone getting quotes from moving companies for about two months. I then chose North American Relocation because they gave a complete price and I'm glad I got them because it was a positive experience. So, I'll go through them again as we have another move. I'll know who to call. They did a good job, although the great service came with the broker who initially had some deal set up with some other company. But, that company didn't come through, so the broker set up somebody else to take care of it same day. North American Relocation did the actual service and it was pretty great. The movers who did the pick up were good, but they weren't very knowledgeable. There are a couple of guys who don't speak English, although the guy in charge is good. The people who did the drop off were extremely friendly and in the end, everything worked out well.

Although because there was a coordination issue, I gave up a day in my weekend waiting around. But those were things that I understand you can't help, like traffic and weather. I was expecting it to get in by 2 o'clock but they didn't get there until 10 at night, although they still went through the move, so it was fine. They were good guys so I'm not upset about it. But I suggest that they improve their timing, have a better time management or they should set an expectation for time to be perfect.

WARNING!!! I urge all military and any others to stay away this company. All the horror stories are true. They are nothing but a middleman scamming money from people. I am a retired Navy Supply Officer with over 10 years experience in handling/shipping all kinds of material. In addition I have over 10 years shipping material in the civilian area also. I know how boxes are packed to reduce damage. And I packed each and every box myself to ensure that items would not be damaged.

I moved from San Diego to Phoenix this past December 2016 and hired North American Relocation. They will tell you anything to get you to sign and then can't be reached. They charged my credit card 3 times the amount required. When I called and tried to get them to reverse the charges I kept getting the runaround. I even talked to the owner David ** (or so he claimed) and he promised he'd have them reverse the charges. Not only did they not contact my bank they attempted to charge my account a fourth time. Thank God I notified my bank about them charging my account. I got the extra charges dropped but not with their help.

It didn't end there...The mover that they had arranged to move me (West Coast Movers) did not honor the North American Relocation contract at all. When West Coast Movers showed up (2 days late) I had to do a new contract with West Coast Movers in which they changed the way they calculated the cost based on space not weight and resulting me paying an additional $1800.00. Basically I gave North American an $800 down payment for nothing. North American Relocation promised that it would be based on weight, not space used. I gave North American Relocation an "exact" listing of all furniture (including dimensions) so that I would get an exact cost. Nothing changed on that list I sent them. In fact some items were not included on the move day because I was worried about theft & damage. The cost should have went down not go up drastically.

West Coast Movers also did not have all the required blankets, padding, etc. to properly wrap the furniture and wound up just shrink-wrapping some of the furniture w/o padding. The North American Relocation contract I signed was basically thrown out the window. If I didn't sign the new contract with West Coast Movers then I'd be back at square one. Tried contacting North American Relocation about it but just kept getting their voice mail or nothing at all. At that point I realized that I could gotten things done better & cheaper just by going with a known mover like Allied Van Lines, or some other mover that had their own trucks.

When the furniture was delivered there were boxes busted or ripped open, furniture scratched, nicked. Dishes broken, pictures frame & glass broken or damaged. Thank God I did not have them ship my TVs, electronics, or large pieces of glass for my tables. The movers (3 guys) that moved me were inexperienced, unprofessional, and one even told me that he had just started that same day. The supervising guy had only been working for West Coast Movers only one month. The movers that delivered the furniture (2 guys) were the same -- inexperienced. This company should be investigated and shut down.

In my relocation to Michigan, all of the people I encountered were friendly and courteous. They explained how things would be moved and coded so that it was delivered to me. They packed efficiently and unpacked just as well. Thanks to all of you.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

North American Relocation gave me the best price for residential moving. The representative that I spoke with was very thorough and clear at what he was offering. He always made himself more than available and even gave me his cell phone number in case there were any problems. Also, the movers came early and were very polite and thoughtful with my items. They went through the list of everything to make sure what they were supposed to be getting and did their job. All in all, my experience with North American was worth the time and money and they're a company I would use again.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I went online to find a mover and North American Relocation popped up. I called them to get a price, and it was comparable with everybody else. I liked talking to their sales guy. He seemed to be a good guy. He was funny and cheerful. We got along and we talked about the price, and then I went with them. I used their residential moving service. I would never go with North American Relocation again because they sent some Joe Shmo from another company to my house and they were a week late. They didn't pick my stuff up and didn't bring it when they were supposed to. Some stuff is broken, too. My experience was not good.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

North American Relocation was able to guarantee our move date and not give us a range of dates, which was important to us because we were on a tight timeline. We were also able to get a lower rate from them for the residential moving and a little bit of packing that we had them do. Our moving consultant explained things fairly well. However, when we had questions and issues when we actually got into the moving, he was nowhere to be found. Even though he said he would be available at any time and to call him on his cell phone number, we were never able to reach him and/or resolve issues in a timely manner.

Part of why we were trying to reach him was because he had already given us the pricing for the packing of certain items like on our TVs and when the movers came on site, they immediately hit us with a price difference from what we had been quoted and it was several hundred dollars more. And these guys were saying they weren't in the bid when they were. So there was a lot of discrepancies between what was in the actual bid and what was not. While they were respectful, it took several hours before we finally were able to get that resolved and so it extended our packing and moving by quite a few hours.

Also, we had several damaged items when they came to unload our things. The delivery movers took pictures, contacted the company and told them about it. But nobody contacted us to initiate any kind of conversation about it. All in all, it was not a great experience. I probably would not use them again. I'm really disappointed that they haven't reached out to do anything regarding a couple of pieces of furniture that were completely destroyed.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I went online, submitted a request for a quote and a bunch of different companies called me. I signed up with North American Relocation because of the quote they gave me. But then my quote ended up doubling towards the end of the move, which was a residential service. Besides the price change, the initial part of it was pretty good. I had two different movers. I had one that loaded my stuff and then they stored it for a couple of weeks until I got my home. And then somebody else came and delivered it. They told me they'd be there on Monday and then they didn't come out until the next day to deliver my stuff. It's really a few different things because the people that delivered my furniture were not even part of the company. It was contracted out to somebody else, so it was a bad experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

North American Relocation was the only one open on a Sunday, so we decided to use them for moving services. Their moving consultants were very accomodating, friendly, easy to get a hold of and adequately answered all of my questions adequately. Also, the movers who assisted me were amazing. They came on time and were pleasant and courteous.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was looking on the internet to find a moving company and North American Relocation sounded good. But what they said and what they offered were two different things. I called up the company and they said it'd cost $1,800 upfront. So I gave them the credit card. We thought they were a moving company but all they are is a brokerage company. And we thought they were out of California but were out of Florida. They didn't give us a lot of information.

Then a couple of days later, my wife called them back and they said we'll lose our $1,800 if we cancelled and that it was in the contract at the bottom. And it's like who reads all that crap. But we told them we'll keep them. Then there was another $1,800 for them to find it and then for them to send it. Then we had to pay the other people $3,500 to move it. We wanted the difference back but they wouldn't give it back to us and I had to pay them. They said they'll be kind and they'll give me half at $.20 a pound but they initially charged me $.45 or $.44. The whole thing was a racket. However, the movers were very pleasant people. There was no heartache about them. They came, loaded our stuff up and it took them three days to get down here to Arizona. They unloaded everything, helped us put everything back together.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I went with North American Relocation after considering their price. They came to our home and picked up some of our items and they took it from Washington State to the State of Nevada. I had a very pleasant beginning but we ran into some issues because when I initially setup the schedule with them as to when they would come to pick up our items at our home that we were selling and needing to be out of, we had some other issues going on immediately in our life at that time. So, I took care of that process and I was given a two-day window.

And then I had to add a couple of items that changed the timing of our window for our things to be picked up. I got very nervous because I only had two days at that point based upon the escrow instructions to be out of the house. I realized that I needed to make it very clear that I needed to have pickup and so, I got pushed to Saturday, which was a different time frame for my things to be picked up and found out that the truck was coming from Montana to Washington State. I'm on the very West side of Washington State and so I was getting very nervous because of time frame on my part to be out of the house.

Overall, the folks came within the time frame that they said they would be there, and they indeed got our things to Nevada very quickly. Expecting two days up to a week or before our things would get to their destination, ended up being just a day and a half. People understood my stress when I was on the phone with them, making sure that we would not be forgotten. Each person that discussed things with me made me feel very confident and gave me peace of mind through the process. Moving is stressful enough but everyone at North American Relocation understood that. We were treated very well and we're very happy. Everything worked out perfect and I would refer my family and friends North American Relocation.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My daughter was moving to California. It was a short notice for work and she needed to get her things moved. I called North American and explained the situation. The person that I talked to said that they could expedite it and get it in a week. So, I paid extra to expedite things but they weren't upfront about the fees because they said they can move us for $1,500 but by the time it's all said and done, it's $3,200 for all the fees. They tell you the lowest rate to get your business and then once they get your goods, they add on charges. That's not being honest.

I flew to California to help my daughter unpack because that's when we were told things would come. I called Best Price, the moving company, and they said, "No. It would be 7 to 10 days from the 27th." The person that I spoke with at the Best Price said that North American lied and the guy from North American said that when it's expedited, it's always seven days. So, it was a fight between the moving company and North American. I had to go back to Wisconsin and come back a week later when our stuff arrived.

Also, they said that my daughter had this large leather sofa that they might as well take because it would be included in the move and there wouldn't be any extra cost. But it was way over so I had them take it off the truck and they would move it to us. The whole thing was just a fiasco. I was afraid my daughter wasn't even going to get her stuff because nobody could really show me where it was. It was two different stories between North American and the Best Moving. It was also through Best Moving that I tried to get her car out of Wisconsin for three weeks and was told, "Yes, yes, yes" and it never happened so I gave up. I paid $200 to get a slot to expedite her car but it never happened.

Not only is this a bad experience but it cost me a hell of a lot of money and time off to travel and help her unpack when it never even happened. I had to pay somebody $1,000 to manage my business and pay airfare to come out to meet the truck, and help my daughter unpack. We had to go shopping again for stuff she needed for work! It's been a month of incredible frustration because things didn't go the way they said they would.

North American Relocation Company Profile