3.24/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

North American Relocation offers complete turnkey residential moves, commercial shipping, and relocation services. Their staff can also help assist you with packing. You can feel confident in your decision when choosing North American Relocation. They will make sure that you will have an easy and great relocation process. Call today to find out more about their affordable rates.

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 5, 2017

142 North American Relocation Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

Rated at 1 star because zero stars not an option. I foolishly used "North American Relocation, LLC" to move twice and have experienced a lot of furniture and appliance damages. I only used them a second time because the second move occurred so soon after the first move and they appeared to be working my damages claim from the first move.

I promptly submitted the claims form after each move. I have sent numerous emails and made numerous telephone calls to them but absolutely NOTHING has happened. I recently sent them a "last ditch effort" letter to plead for resolution or that I would have to seek a legal remedy. That was over a month ago and I have had no response from them. You WILL incur damages, which seems inevitable and unavoidable in most household moves, but this company will do ZERO to remedy/address the situation. LOOK ELSEWHERE!!!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

Recently I moved from NY to WA and my biggest mistake was that I mistakenly selected North American Relocation LLC for moving my household goods and car. I contacted them 10 days before my move and they gave a quote of around $1650 to move my household goods by taking all the details of my household goods which included everything packing and loading at source location and delivering my goods to my destination address which includes unloading and putting it to my apartment. They gave me a date before 7 days of my departure but no one turned up even after 3 days of actual date of my departure and I was keep calling them in between and every time they were saying the driver will come today for sure.

I have to postpone my move by another 3 days because of this and finally 2 days before my move, I got a call saying the driver who was supposed to come has got a heart attack and we need a week of time to send another driver. When I told them I cannot postpone my travel anymore they told me we can send one driver who can only come if you pay him another $800. I had already paid an advance and based on my current situation I agreed to this additional amount of $800. 1 day before my travel this guy came to move my goods but to my surprise after loading half of the household goods he started saying you have more goods and you have to pay $6000. This time I totally lost my patience and started shouting at him and finally I was forced to pay $3100($100 tip).

In between I kept calling North American Relocation LLC but nobody picked my call. It was a complete mental torture for me and my family and my 2 year old son started crying and fell sick due to a heated conversation with this moving guy. Once they left I thought my ordeal is over but the real ordeal was yet to start for me. I was supposed to get my household goods in 2 weeks of time. I kept calling North American Relocation LLC also mailed them but no response. Now suddenly a driver calls me and says I will only deliver your goods if you pay me another $300 because I need to bring it another shuttle. I am so fed up that now I don’t want my household goods and want to file a lawsuit against these people and looking for options. Me and my family have gone through a complete harassment and torture because of this.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

I finally got my stuff, after jumping through many hurdles of lies and some of my stuff is broken and damaged. Your company is HORRIBLE and the company you subcontracted with is even worse. I was told I would receive a discount, DID NOT!!! Did not arrive when scheduled then tried to blame me when they were at fault. I was told the discount is that we didn't charge you for coming back after we arrived the first time. Waited beyond arrival time, then when complained I was told, "Well too bad, you can't get your money back." I was told I would be notified 24-48 before arrival. NO, I was notified when they arrived. I was already stressed from the unexpected death of my sister and had to clear out her house in Omaha and move to Houston, this company made it worst. VERY VERY UNPROFESSIONAL!!! NEVER AGAIN- I WOULDN'T USE THEM AGAIN EVEN IF THEY WERE FREE!!!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

Off to a good start with the salesperson providing a timely quote for my move from NH to GA and then all downhill from there! I had a packing company pack all my household goods which were to be moved into storage for a few days as I had to close on my house. The list I provided of my initial inventory of unpacked furniture and belongings was calculated by North American as Articles List 33 Items, 128 Pieces to be moved at a cost of $4461.18. When the ACTUAL items after packing was provided to North American it decreased, Articles List 32 items, 122 Pieces HOWEVER North American then proceeded to provide a new revised price of $6328.92. YES less items now cost over $1,800 more!

My final now packed list was provided 48 hours prior to move date in advance to North American but their policy for any kind of refund (which is a pittance for what they ask upfront) is 72 hours. I immediately cancelled the move once I knew what type of company I was dealing with and went with a local reputable mover. At that point they tried to hold me hostage to the NEW quote by telling me they would take my deposit if I did not keep my appointment for the move and YES they did take my deposit of over $1300.

Keep in mind when you sign and give a deposit this does not mean you will pay the quoted amount they provided, EVEN when you have less items they can revise and charge more for less after the fact. Note, once they have your signature on the original quote you are locked in, and if you don't agree they can and will take your deposit should you cancel based on the NEW price! Beware...

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

It was all lies. They made me believe that they are the movers, they never mentioned that they are brokers, they never mentioned that I am paying them to get me a moving company. Only after I paid them $1180 and signed the contract that I realized I got scammed. They gave a good deal of $2890, I ended up paying close to $6000 between them and the moving company they found me (group of people they work with).

After the down payment $1180, I was supposed to pay $880 at pick up and $880 at delivery. At pick up, the driver told me that my new balance is now $4600, he told me that there is no need to call North American Relocation, their company is taking over from there. North American Relocation was not reachable anymore. I mean, it was a total chaos. It's a shame. I worked so hard to save for my family, to take care of my family, and out of nowhere I got scammed just like that. I found myself paying almost $4000 extra. BE AWARE. DO NOT USE NORTH AMERICAN RELOCATION.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about North American Relocation?

Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

I went online on some relocation website and I had quotes. North American Relocation was one of the first ones that called me and I liked their price. Also, I was in the military and I know that some of the military moves had used North American before. Both the pack up and delivery crews were great but I had an issue with the scheduling of the delivery. I requested for the 14th of July and they said the movers will give me a call when they’re an hour out. So I’d taken off work and I found somebody to watch my children during the day on that date. But when I called the movers, they said they weren’t going to be able to get me in that day.

I called North American and they said that they really have a two-week window for the delivery to come. But I have children and a job and I can't be on-call for two weeks straight for them to deliver my stuff. They should have also let me know whether our stuff was going to be delivered in a rough timeframe. Somebody knew that we’re going to be the third delivery of the day and they could have called and said that the day before because they have to load up the truck in a certain way. But the movers moved us in after I complained a lot. They said that they would be able to drop off all of our stuff that evening and they did. They didn’t show up until 7:30 at night and worked until the job was done. So I give them a lot of credit for that.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

I searched for a moving company online and North American Relocation reached out from there. The price was right and the people I was dealing with were from Florida, so it made it easier since they were closer. We decided to use them when we moved the warehouse from Sacramento to Florida. The interaction with the moving consultant was normal and went well. They kept me up to date and were friendly enough. The only thing is, I was trying to pin them down on an actual date to get the product here and they couldn’t provide it. But it's understandable with the long distance in travel. The actual movers were great. They were early during the pickup as well as on delivery. Everything was delivered as promised and they got here.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

This company was very helpful in facilitating my move and contracting the best service for my move to Utah. Thank you and I would definitely recommend this service. They were thorough and professional every step of the way.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

North American Relocation had the best price and I used their services for a residential moving and an auto transport. I had good interactions with the moving consultant and the people who assisted in the move were great and did their job. Everything went as they said.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

I needed my house and my car moved and North American Relocation was quick to respond. The sales guy, as well as the moving consultant's function, was to have somebody help me get everything and get whatever contract signed. However, the handling and scheduling were so bad that I have called so many times just to schedule things and the end part was not really that great. Although the moving guys were fine, there was a disconnection between them and American Relocation.

They said these all new things like I have this contract and if I do have a little bit more, I'm going to pay this much. And all those kinds of things in which something was not really clear to start with. Especially when I get into a house move, I cannot really get every individual piece of it. For example, the stand costs about $50. When I want to add the stand to move, it would cost me almost $150. As soon as I said that, they said it's going to weigh this much, I'm going to save this much and I'm to pay this much. I got the quotation for $1,600 but I paid $3,600 instead. It's almost double and not a simple thing. I moved with somebody else before where it was totally different. They said that I have this much right now and this is the quotation. Then they would give this much space if I have anything more.

With a car moving, it's also a nightmare. When I asked them to kind of book both, "Hey, I'm gonna be moving my house. And then, after a month I will move my car." But, it was not the case. Somebody came to schedule the transport of the car at the same day of the house moving. They mentioned to me, "Somebody is gonna call you and schedule your car pick up." But it never happened. Then I got a call from a guy to pick my car but I said it wasn't possible at that time so it got canceled.

After that, I called almost 50 times and every time I called, it went to somebody else. But at least, after two months, I got my car. North American also mentioned they're going to take the fund, which is good. I got an invoice with $450 from North American. Out of that, $100 is taken off and the $350 is due delivery. But that was not the case. They're not giving me my car without paying $450. I called customer service on Sunday and the guy who scheduled was not there. The other lady that I spoke to said since she wasn't the one who scheduled, I needed to talk to the manager who was the person who scheduled for me. Every day I called asking, but nothing happened. I don't know if everybody handles that way or only North American Relocation.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2017

I would recommend North American Relocation. I required packing, moving, and storage services and they were conveniently located to where I needed to have stuff moved from. Their consultants were great, helpful and got what we needed to be done. Initially, there was a little confusion in trying to connect with the actual movers, but we got it sorted out and they were good.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2017

When I was getting ready to move, my girlfriend was doing some checking and I found out about North American Relocation. I had already packed and the moving consultant came in, picked it up, put them in the truck and drove off. So, it was straightforward. The actual movers were courteous but I don’t consider them to have been on time because it was three different times that I was told that they were going to be there and all on the same day which are between 10:00 and 12:00, between 2:00 and 4:00, between 6:00 and 8:00. So, it was a little bit confusing as to when they were actually going to show up. They got there at 7:00.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2017

I was moving from Ohio to Seattle three months ago. On one of the estimate processing places online, I got hooked up with North American Relocation. They originally computed the price online. But when their reps got here and looked at my stuff, they gave me a real estimate, which was double the original estimate. That’s probably the common practice, though. My friend just moved and North American had somebody showed up and gave my friend a real estimate which made sense. The movers packed up all my stuff, moved it across the country, and then unpacked them. They were fine and did their job. They were also courteous and on time. North American Relocation was efficient.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

I am a single mother who was on a strict financial budget and had to book my move really far in advance in order to get the best possible price. I was worried that the price they initially gave me was too good to be true. However upon execution of my move, there was no significant price increase. On top of the exceptional price, the team was respectful and hard working. Everything was done with ease and I couldn't be happier with the service North American provided me with. I would recommend them to anyone.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

North American Relocation’s quote was a little cheaper so I did a residential move with them. There were different people who talked to me at the time and they answered all my questions. However, my experience with the actual movers was not very good. I contacted NAR to make sure that the movers show up early in the morning so that we can move to our destination the same day and pick up our key. Otherwise, we wouldn't be able to pick it up because we didn't know how to get to the office the next day. But the move was delayed and they had to deliver the next day and we didn't know it was going to happen. The movers were okay but I was under the impression that it would be a locked-in contract and they kept talking about an over-charge. Overall, the service that I wanted was a bit different than what I got. They didn't meet my expectation of what I wanted out of the move. It was a lot more inconvenient than what I thought it was going to be.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

I had a residential move. I went on the internet and compared with a number of places to get quotes and I chose North American Relocation because of their price. Also, the gentleman who initially worked with me was very thoughtful and diligent in terms of staying in contact with me. The guys that picked up and delivered my furniture were very nice, very thoughtful and very polite. When they got held up at a place before us, they were very apologetic for it and when they explained to me why, it made sense. I was also very impressed with the way they wrapped everything.

I had a very large queen-size bed and where I moved from was two-stories. I was told in advance that if it took too much, that would add to the cost. But I had friends come over, we took the bed apart and took it downstairs. All that the movers had to do was to pick it up. It was an intricate way to put it together and the gentlemen who picked it up didn't see it. But I stirred them, they didn't have any problem with it, and they went right to work. They were thorough and efficient. They also were very professional and they knew what they were doing.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

I used North American Relocation's residential moving services because of the price they gave me. We only had one item that needed to be moved, so they packed it. The consultant was great but the people they hired to move our stuff would not communicate with us. I was disappointed with that. We ended up waiting over a month for our shipment and we were told that it would be here in three days. But North American Relocation intervened and took care of all of that for us. Somebody other than the people they hired to bring our things to Florida or to pick it up in Tennessee delivered our shipment to us. They were a little inexperienced, but they were okay.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

I finally am finished with my long distance move and just got off the phone with North American Relocation to say thank you to them for treating me like an old friend, taking care of every detail of my move and going above and beyond for me when it seems that most places only care about money. They walked me through every step of my move, always made themselves available to my wife and I when we had questions, and made sure every last detail went according to plan. George, Nick, and the entire staff was warm and easy to do business with.

George did my inventory with me and was extremely thorough because he wanted to make sure that I wasn't surprised by any charges and had the most accurate quote. He even was clever enough to find my house online from Zillow to make sure he could go room to room and leave nothing off. Nick called my drivers for me and even reached the owner of the carrier's company when I came across a few issues. I had a few different options for companies to work with, one which was a bit cheaper but had bad reviews. I am so pleased with the service that this company provided. Thank you thank you thank you.

Original review: July 31, 2017

I would highly recommend this company to those who struggle with finding a good moving company. From the rep, to customer service, to the QA and the movers. Everyone was very helpful and friendly. I was impressed with the quote given and it stayed the same the whole job. I have worked with other movers in the past and North American Relocation was the best and were actually honest. I felt taken care of and did not have to worry. I was stressed out moving my entire life to a new state and I was assured that I did not have to worry about the transportation, and indeed I did not have to worry. I was very pleased. I give this company 5 stars!

Original review: July 31, 2017

I am a single mother with two young boys. I was relocated for my job with a company budget and not much time to get everything done. I put in a request online for a quote and was put in touch with North American Relocation. I told them everything I needed, and the made it happen. I was in my new place in 2 short weeks. I needed a smooth transition for my boys and that's what this company gave me. I will recommend them ANYTIME. I was on a company budget and they worked with me every step of the way to make sure we met that number. Thank you guys. Professional and timely.

Original review: July 29, 2017

I talked to somebody at North American Relocation and got some stuff set up. I got their service for a cross country move and the price was good. They ended up giving me who our mover would be and was able to plan specifically what dates I was looking for. Most often I worked with Nick and he was great. Anytime I had any questions and concerns, he had addressed them or contacted the movers to ask any of the questions. North American did pretty well and they kept me informed as best as possible.

Things happened during the move and the movers addressed most of it or tried to assist in any way that they could. We got a call from them late one night and when we had asked when it was going to be delivered, they said they didn't have a truck yet. But a couple of days later, we got a call saying they were already in our area and would be available the next day. We didn’t really get a good heads up there. There were minor issues with the move, but that’s expected with any mover. The process was set up well though and it was an excellent experience. Overall, I’d definitely recommend North American Relocation and would use their service again.

Insufficient response received
Original review: July 27, 2017

The movers that originally packed our house in Indiana were hard working, professional and respectful of our property. The movers that delivered our household to Pennsylvania were nothing of the sort. When I called to request a time/date for delivery the driver told me that he would deliver on Tuesday 7/25/17 unless we wanted our things the day before. Seriously? We were living in a hotel and had absolutely nothing of ours except two suitcases. Of course we wanted our things delivered as soon as reasonably possible. The driver then reported that he would be able to deliver by 10 am on Monday 7/24. We told him to call us so that we could help him find the address because our new neighborhood is somewhat confusing. He texted on Monday to say that he was picking up his help and would be at our address in 15 minutes. He later texted again to say that he was going to be later. He arrived about 11:30 am.

His helpers were somewhat disreputable looking but they assured us that they were experienced and professional. We have an antique table on which we had put a sign to please not lift it by the top, rather to lift it by the iron base. The two workers walked in carrying it by the top; we stopped them and asked them to carry it by the base. Fortunately, the table was not damaged. There was one piece of furniture that was very damaged, however. A computer table was completely destroyed; the upper shelf was broken off the supports and had damaged the desk top. When this was pointed out to the workers they replied that it was like that when we sent it out of our home in Indiana. I did let the workers know that this was NOT the case and that somewhere along the line this desk had been treated to some very rough treatment.

I watched as the unloading progressed and was somewhat distressed to observe several boxes tumbling down from the stack in the truck to which the workers seemed oblivious. We were supposed to mark off on an inventory sheet each item that had been tagged so we were assured that we had received all of our items. With three workers coming in carrying multiple boxes it was extremely difficult to keep up with the workers saying the numbers of the boxes/items. In addition, one of the pages of the household inventory was missing. I called the moving company in Indiana and the representative told me that the driver should have had all pages. The driver reported that he did not have the missing page but that we should have a copy from the original inventory. He was definitely not helpful.

I made notes on each page of the inventory that I could not be sure each item had been delivered due to not having adequate time to find the items on the inventory sheet as three different men were bringing things in fairly rapidly. One of the workers, having worked approximately 90 minutes took an extended break and left. He returned but took several more breaks as the afternoon progressed. We have an upstairs and when told to take items up the workers seemed to be quite put out with us for requesting this. Obviously, this was not a good experience for us and we would not recommend this moving service to anyone.

Original review: July 26, 2017

Lisa was very helpful with the changes I needed to make. I am looking forward to using your services for my relocation. Everyone I have spoken with have been very accommodating when working with me for my needs in getting moved to Florida. Thank you.

Original review: July 26, 2017

I had never used a moving company before so I looked up North American Relocation online. They were the first people that I’d talked to. I talked to other people but North American Relocation seemed to be a more accredited company. There were some smaller moving companies in Jacksonville but I didn’t want to go with those because they seemed a little shady. I wanted to go with a company that’s more well-known. Also, I double checked North American to make sure that they’re a legit company.

North American’s movers came to my house and loaded the boxes up. The first two weeks was definitely a lot better than the latter weeks, customer service wise. Then, they thought they’re going to drop my stuff off on June 11th, but ended up not getting here until the end of June. Because of the delay, I had to call North American three times a week for about three weeks. Their reps would tell me, “We know that everything’s fine,” or “Your stuff’s not lost but it’s on the truck.” They weren’t giving me any details on the truck. I was just calling this person and then that person but had to call someone else who was out of the office for whatever reason. And so, we were back and forth the last two weeks with me trying to figure out where the truck was.

Also, I felt that the communication between the truck drivers and the company was messed up and no one wanted to say that it was messed up. The company called me the day or the night before my stuff would be dropped off. The rep told me that the driver was trying to get a hold of me but he couldn’t. I have no missed calls. I’ve been waiting on my stuff for so long, I would’ve taken that phone call up. And the rep said, “Yeah. I’d tell him to come on.” The driver was in the area and he was going to drop my things that evening. At around 5:00, the rep called me to tell me that the driver would be here very soon. However, the driver also called me and told me that he had to drop off or load some stuff before getting to my house.

At about 7:00 in the evening, the driver told me that he’d arrive in two hours. It’s summer time so it would still be daylight and he can unload the stuff. It would be fine. But they never came. Apparently, it took him five hours to load or unload stuff at other people’s house. I ended up calling him at 11:00 and told him that he can just drop it off tomorrow during daytime. I was dead tired and I was here alone. My husband had just deployed and I didn’t know who this person was. When the driver got here, some of the boxes were pretty beat up. The guys were definitely not gentle with the boxes. One of my desks broke. I was told that I could file a claim. Since I’m not the kind of person that would make the process more difficult, I didn’t file one. Although it took them a while to get the stuff here, I’m glad that my stuff showed up and they were not completely lost.

The movers were really nice, though. They were fast about unloading the boxes and I was pleased with that. I’ve gotten some new furniture and I’ve had movers from different companies come over so I’ve seen how they unload things. The movers from North American were more organized and gentle. But the mover guy was not the person who loaded my stuff and was not the driver, so he didn’t know which boxes were mine. Also, my stuff probably went through three different drivers.

At first, I was pleased with North American Relocation because the pricing was fair. However, most of the time I was confused and worried. Though they got the job done and I have insurance on my stuff, I won’t recommend them professionally. My stuff got broken so I’d recommend them to my family whom I know their belongings. But for a person who’s moving higher quality furniture, I won’t recommend them.

North American Relocation response

Katie,

As I can't publicly give my name and e-mail, I would be happy to reach out to you directly if that is something you're interested in. I am the acting principal of the company and on behalf of my company I would like to apologize for any issues you may have faced during this process. I see you didn't file a claim, however if there is some sort of compensation I would be able to offer you for these damages, I'd be happy to do so. I would also like to get more in-depth information on your experience, so however it may have been negative we can use your experience to better the services we provide in the future.

I look forward to speaking with you.

Original review: July 24, 2017

When I started looking for moving companies to move out of the state I was a tad overwhelmed as I put in for an inquiry and my phone did not stop ringing or going off for days. North American Relocation was among the many companies who contacted me but the representative who reached me was very warm and very easy to talk to so I heard him out. He quoted me much lower than the few other places I had spoken to. We did a detailed inventory of my house and got the estimate from there.

The movers came when I was told they'd be there. They packed up everything for me, and were professional and careful with my belongings. Less than 2 weeks later my belongings arrived to me in Colorado. They unpacked, waited as I made sure I was not missing anything of high importance, and sure enough I wasn't disappointed. Everything was handled with care. Good company and good people.

Original review: July 21, 2017

I used this service and I would recommend them to anyone. I really would, they were nice, honest, timely and professional. The quote was more than reasonable and there were no hidden fees or upcharges at delivery. I have moved many times and this one definitely one of the better companies I've used.

Original review: July 21, 2017

I googled cross-country movers and I found North American Relocation on ConsumerAffairs' website. I saw North American's name and just contacted them. They were the first people to give me a quote, so I went forward with them. I was, however, unhappy. And although it mostly worked out, it could have been a better experience.

The mover that came here was super rude to me. He was supposed to come out on Monday and not on Sunday but that was fine. Also, the company knew that I was going to be paying with credit cards for all my payments because my company was relocating me. But the mover was kind of nasty to me about me paying with a credit card on the final day then demanded that I give him $350 cash in order for him to deliver my stuff so I had to do that. I was told that was a shuttle fee and wasn't really given any kind of explanation other than that. And then some of my stuff were also broken and they didn’t really do anything about that. A positive point though was when my couch didn’t end up fitting into the building the mover he ended up offering to take it back to California for me and he did that for free which was nice. However, my credit card was overcharged so I had to go back and forth for about a month trying to get a refund for the $75 overcharge.

North American Relocation seemed like they got a third party mover. The guys that picked up my stuff in California were not the same guys that delivered it and no one on either end was wearing any kind of North American Relocation-like logos and were just on some plain clothing. Customer service at Noth American also gave me the runaround, saying that they have the information and that they'll get back to me, but no one was ever calling me back so I was sending them e-mails. It took five calls on my end because no one was returning my calls. But the final person was able to solve the issues for me and that was very good. The experience wasn't overall negative, but I wouldn’t use them again if I had to. I would also do more research in the future.

Original review: July 20, 2017

My experience with this company was simple, easy, and satisfying. They called me earlier today to ask how my drop off went, which happened yesterday. The same way they have called every few days to check on my belongings and myself during my long move from Mass to New Mexico. I was relocated for my job, I wasn't sure how moving long distance works since this was my first time. I did some research, got in contact with North American. They were the friendliest and most helpful group I'd spoken to and their rates were extremely fair. Honestly I was worried that I was paying so little at first 'cause it seemed like I should've paid more from other quotes I got. But that was the price. It really was. They know this industry. The movers themselves that were sent to move my stuff were really cool guys. They helped with everything and took direction when I needed to give it and were careful with my stuff.

My stuff came and I haven't totally unpacked yet but everything seems to have been taken really good care of. Their initial inventory was thorough and careful and detailed. This is what sold me from the rep. A few other places I contacted didn't ask nearly enough questions, tried to quote me on feet rather than pounds. And didn't ask in detail what I was moving. North American did, they were honest, if something was going to cost more they didn't sugar coat it and they hit the nail almost directly on the head with my weight and inventory so there were no surprise charges at pick up or drop off. I didn't know ANYTHING about long distance moving at all but these guys were very informative and I'm definitely glad I chose to do my move with them.

Original review: July 20, 2017

I hired North American Relocation to facilitate my move back in February. I needed my stuff put in storage for a few months so not only did they store my stuff for free, there was a free redelivery as well. My stuff got delivered a few weeks ago and finally finished unpacking. Everything was wonderful. The movers were professional, on time, and very careful with my belongings. I'm really happy with the service they provided and I have already recommended them to a friend of mine. Lisa, James, and Nick- Thank you for all of your help and assistance.

Original review: July 13, 2017

I was in a hurry moving my residence from Texas to Idaho. I called North American and talked to a sales consultant then got moved to customer service. The guy on the phone with me spent over an hour answering my detailed questions and got everything done. They didn’t let me get off the phone without committing. Then when I called customer service once it was closer to the date, I got a hold of one person. He said that if I can't get a hold of customer service, I can call him personally. I called his cell phone from that point on. It was great because he answered me and got everything taken care of.

The moving crew was great, too. They were excellent on the front end and on the backend, but there were some schedule changes that threw us for a loop and there was a two-hour delay in the middle of the packing. The driver got called, had to get called away, and had to come back. So that took a long time for them to get everything done and moved out. Then right at the last minute, to my benefit, they said they can have our stuff here as soon as I arrive. So I was leaving as soon as they were leaving and driving up here. The driver asked when I can be here so we had to step on the gas to get to Idaho so that we could take advantage of the truck being here when we drove up. It was a little stressful to do it that way, but on the other end, I would've had to wait three weeks. It was a little unexpected but it was great.

North American Relocation Company Information