2.68/5
Based on 62 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Discover the right moving company for you

North American Relocation

North American Relocation offers complete turnkey residential moves, commercial shipping, and relocation services. Their staff can also help assist you with packing. You can feel confident in your decision when choosing North American Relocation. They will make sure that you will have an easy and great relocation process. Call today to find out more about their affordable rates.

View More View More

166 North American Relocation Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 19, 2018

I was presented with a low estimate. Then they had another provide a estimate at 3 times the original. When I attempted to cancel they would not allow that and retained my deposit. This company never saw my goods. They also sent my credit card company a fraudulent letter from another moving company.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

I received a call from North American Relocation when I was looking for a company to move me from San Antonio to Biloxi. They gave me a good bid and I accepted. I was asked to pay $250 for a down Which I did after I received a bid sheet by email. Shortly after the company wanted another amount with the rest payable to the mover. At no time was I told they were not the mover. The bid that was sent by email was deleted and another took its place the cost that did not reference the $250. I then was contacted by the moving company and arranged a date. The driver contacted me the day before and I needed to pay half at pickup and half on delivery, but it was to be certified check.

The moving company was very good, but it was not North American Relocation. My card was charged and I contested the charge with documentation. After a month of dispute the credit card company could not get the money back. Please do not use North American Relocation because I believe they are no more than a middleman lying about their role in the process. This company is not honest and should be put out of business.

Get expert buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. Salesperson comes across very helpful and nice but lies... will way underbid, promises you things that won't happen. They show up want more money... lots of it. Then at delivery they want more money... lots of it. I told them at delivery site I was calling the police if they didn't put my furniture in the house and leave... of course lost furniture. No response to try to help find it... most frustrating experience of my life. Horrible Horrible Horrible!

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

Please please never use the company North American Relocation. Horrible experience. They will lie to you, con you until they receive your deposit. Then you will not be able to get in touch with them unless you use someone else's phone as they don't recognize the new number. They will inflate the price within 2 days of moving you so you can't get a refund and that puts you in a bind with your obligations as to moving. They broker with a completely different company than the name they give you. I got a completely different company to show up for my move. Then it ended up being 2 guys with a 26 ft Penske truck that broke down. I could have gotten a Penske truck myself. It was a horrible experience. I was overcharged by 990 lbs and they are refusing to reimburse me. Won't even give me the name of the owner of company. I am utilizing all my being to make sure they make it right and can't scam or steal from anyone else.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

This company basically stole my money! They are unprofessional, don't honor their own policies and when you dispute the charges with your bank they lie. I have had people yell at me on the phone, refuse to provide the services that I paid for and refuse to return calls. I had one employee named Andy laugh at me on the phone. Additionally, I had a female get on the phone and yell at me telling me to stop harassing them by phone (this was my first time ever getting through to them). Thank God I have all of the backup and conversations annotated.

It's just disheartening that these people would steal money from ANYONE let alone a disabled veteran. If I could give them zero stars I would. Now I see why their rating is so low. They will certainly be out of business soon. If you experience these problems please do not hesitate to sue them, those are my intentions. Report them to the Better Business Bureau, rate them on Yelp, Facebook, and any other rating site that you can find. These people must be stopped!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about North American Relocation?

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

North American Relocation provided me cheap rate when I wanted to ship my whole house stuff from one location to another. Their moving consultant was initially good. However, there was a five-day delay but after that, I received all the things so I was happy. Everything was good and the entire process took not more than a week. I'm satisfied with them so if anyone's in need for a relocation, I will refer them instantly.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

North American Relocation is cost-efficient and I used their residential moving service. Their moving consultant was harsh at talking but it was okay dealing with him. And, I had a fine experience with their movers who were joking and quite comical.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

The rep from North American Relocation was a nice man and gave us a good quote, which was $4000, when we called. However, I was very disappointed when they didn’t use their own truck and subleased their work. They sent a company from New York which was an 8-hour drive and I was under the impression that they were from Ohio which was only an hour away. They were late and got here around 5:00 o'clock in the evening and didn't get out of the house until 1:00 o'clock in the morning. I didn’t like that. They also didn’t send somebody out to look at all our furniture and as they were packing, they said that the load would be a bit more. And when we got it in to find what we exceeded, they told me it was almost $8000.

We also had damages on a few things and missed some household stuff. They loaded them up in one truck but loaded up in another, since the truck that came to deliver was totally different from the one they used to put in. I took pictures and sent it to the company in New York a couple of weeks ago to let them know about damages and how much the items are worth, and left a voice message for their rep as well, but I haven't heard from someone yet. In addition to that, North American Relocation didn’t give me the 500-dollar discount that the New York company gave me. They didn’t want to honor it and argued back and forth with the New York company. On the other hand, the men who picked the stuff were pleasant and were good in packing, and the people who dropped it off in Florida were very nice as well. They were wonderful to talk to.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

I filled out a form and North American Relocation called me, and then we started working with them in November. The consultants lied from the beginning to the end, and the pricing was at least three times more than what the quote was. Also, they were supposed to pick up my stuff and move it here, but they picked it up and took it to some freaking warehouse somewhere. They didn’t tell me what they were doing and they didn’t release my stuff until I called. Then there was another $100 in cash at the end, and everything was damaged. I moved six or seven times and this was the most miserable experience I’ve ever had in my life. I would never use North American Relocation again and I would never recommend them.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2017

One of my sisters found North American Relocation who offered to take our stuff over to the East Coast. They moved some furniture down from my house to my sister's house. However, they came on with one price and once they got to the house, the price escalated. They trapped us to stay with them at that point. I questioned it and tried to negotiate, but it was too late and we just went with it. And then, even when they delivered the furniture on the other end, the same thing happened. They said the driver camped longer than they expected so they were going to charge again. It should've been agreed upon and discussed beforehand, but they just dropped it on us and I was surprised. Also, the movers were nice guys, but as far as their packing, there was a lot of broken items from the other end.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2017

I was doing research on who to hire for a move and I chose North American because they were very responsive, they gave a reasonable price and they seemed like they would be good to work with. We had a residential move, and it was a move from a storage unit so we did all the packing. They were professional and courteous. They were also helpful and they answered all my questions. However, there was a breakdown of communication at the very end, and we weren’t told they were going to be five hours late. But it was fine, and they delivered the furniture the next day.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

I was trying to find quotes to compare to what a U-Haul would be and see what other companies could do. Unfortunately, the website I went to was kind of a phishing-type thing and sent my number to 20 different places. One of those was North American Relocation. So, I got 15 different calls from 15 different companies and North American Relocation was the only one that called me back the second time. They gave me a quote that was only $200 to more than U-Haul would be and that was including gas cost. That’s very reasonable so, I signed up. They had something that they signed off on, and they said it was the final price.

Then they called me back a week later and said they needed 500 extra dollars to do it because my area was a remote location. They said that if I didn’t own it up and pay the extra $500 to the people who were delivering it, I would be out of the $600 deposit that I gave to them. So I got suckered into it. But it was nice that I didn’t have to drive a U-Haul and the delivery people were awesome and very polite. They did their job really well and were very efficient and personable. So, North American's contractor were great people. But the booking company was not so reputable in my perception.

If anyone would be choosing North American as an option, I would tell him that he needs to make sure that he doesn’t sign anything that says he won't get his money back because that’s what I fell into. I signed something that said I was good at this price and at not getting my money back because this was what I wanted to do, then they went and said they couldn’t refund it even though they said the price was going to be more.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

When I booked North American, I thought it was going to be North American. I didn't realize that it was subcontracted out to someone more local so that was an extra expense. My aunt was moving from Garland, Texas back to Spartanburg, South Carolina. I was told that I would get a call the day before, that they would need to be there on a Wednesday or a Thursday. They didn't show up on Wednesday. I was praying that they'd show up on Thursday, and they called and said, "We'll be there in 30 minutes."

I was expecting a North American truck and it was a Penske rental truck. I had estimated four wardrobe boxes. They did not have the metal rack to go across the top of the box to hang the clothes so all the clothes got folded. It was a handful of hangers folded in half and put in the boxes. I asked the guy who seemed to be in charge how long would it take them to go and get those metal racks. He never gave me an answer. When I was helping them get them out of the closet, I felt like we were missing a wardrobe box. I thought that we packed two and only one was delivered. But there was one on the inventory sheet and I was not there. The movers were nice, but the move could have been better. My husband and I have moved twice with their job and they have been a whole different ball game but we had houses full of furniture and this was bits and pieces.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

I talked to a lot of salesmen and North American had a brand-new guy starting. He was professional, interactive and answered my questions. He did a great job and he checked with his supervisor. So, I felt pretty confident. The people that picked up my merchandise in Texas were also very professional and great. They stayed right to their schedule on their amount of money.

But on the receiving end, when they came to South Carolina, the guy that delivered was a jerk and I hated him. The driver said that his team didn't show up and he wasn't prepared. In fact, he wanted me to accept the delivery that night and it was 8:30 the first time he contacted me. He was rude and he kept upcharging me. He said he charged me because he had to take the furniture farther than 50 yards. But he just went to the front door of the building, so I had to pay to have it delivered to the apartment. But he wouldn’t deliver unless I went to the bank and got cash. It was horrible and I would not recommend him to anyone.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

When I booked with North American Relocation, I didn't realize that they would contract it to someone else. And a lot of stuff went wrong. I would contact North American and then, they will tell me to contact the movers. So I contact the movers, and they would not know anything. They'll say that I should contact North American and so I just went around in circles.

The guy who booked me said stuff like when it would be picked up and when it would be delivered. And I understood that it was not guaranteed delivery dates. But he reassured me that there's plenty of time to pick up my stuff. He told me that he wrote all the notes about the little things, but then, the moving company, Unique Van Lines never got them. So they were totally in the dark about it. I told them that I couldn't have it delivered before certain days. And Unique took that as we're not even going to ship your stuff until that date. So they picked up my stuff and kept it in the warehouse for two weeks.

I called them and they told me that it's all going to be picked up. When I got down here, someone from Unique finally told me that the reason they didn't ship it out is that I have the date on, "Do not deliver before this date", which they took as when I'm going to ship until that day. And that's how they said they always process it, which I had no idea. Otherwise, I wouldn't put that day in there. That really made me upset because no one ever told me that. And what the guy that I booked it with, put that in there and didn't explain to me that they wouldn't even ship it before that. I was just completely confused and I was kept in the dark about it. I had to continually call and call until someone finally told me what was going on.

They also charged me extra to go up the stairs which in my contract in North American, it said that stairs were included. But, the guy told me he wouldn't pick my stuff off the truck unless I paid them for it. So, it was just a disaster. I wish I had chosen someone else. But I was really busy at the time and North American were the first people that I called. The guy that I spoke to seemed really helpful and nice. So, I decided just to go with them than to shop around. The result of that was, I was already down in Florida in an apartment with no stuff for two weeks with my wife and my six-month-old daughter with no furniture.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2017

I heard about North American Relocation from one of my friends who used them and I saw that they have good ratings. So I went through with them for a residential and car move and the person who worked with me initially was very good and helpful but he left the company and later I didn’t have one single point of contact to take my case further. Most of the times it was very difficult to catch anyone because the customer care didn't respond as we expected. I had to literally call 10 times to catch at least one person to talk to.

The pickup was really good though. They came on time, helped me move the things and did the paperwork well. But I did not have a very good experience with my delivery person at the destination. The move was delayed by 10 days and I had to spend a lot of money buying food from outside and staying outside in the hotel because I didn't have my things on time. No one contacted me to say this would be delayed or that there was a delay for a particular reason either. I had to contact people to check what the status was every time.

Every other day some of the people would say that they did not get an update from the carrier and the carrier would say they could not move because there were no other loads to go with. North American Relocation behaved like a consultant more than a full-fledged service. There was one instance where one of the consultants said they're like brokers. They would show us a carrier and their job is done. It is up to us to act like the carrier. My auto delivery was not as bad but I’m not a satisfied customer.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2017

My son was relocating but I didn’t realize when I typed in moving companies to look it up on the internet that the results were all ads. Once they get you looking at their company you get bombarded with phone calls and I was getting hit with five phone calls a day from different places. I called North American too and the guy from Florida was very nice on the phone. I called them back because I liked his voice. He sounded like he was concerned and would make sure that everything was handled right. But I didn’t realize the difference between a moving company and a broker and North American is a broker. The guy told me everything would go fine and the price was good. But I wasn’t happy too much with the mover.

My husband was driving my son out there to Michigan and my son was getting married the next week so we had a lot of stuff going on. We called North American when I had to move the schedule because my husband won't be there until noon time. But the night before my husband was expected to arrive I got a phone call from the driver and he basically said that if my husband was not there at eight o'clock in the morning he wasn't giving us our stuff. My son called his girlfriend and asked if she could take off from work but she also had to borrow $500 from her parents because that's what we owed the movers and the guy wanted the payment that morning.

The movers were told there will be a flight of stairs but when the guy came with the moving truck he didn’t have anyone to help him move the stuff. He had to go and ask the maintenance people who worked in that building if they’d help him. They were not supposed to but he also tipped them to help him move the stuff up the stairs. I didn’t like that feeling that they were not giving our stuff when I told them so but all the stuff got there safe and sound and I’m glad it’s over with. The driver even got a nice tip which he needed because he probably had to pay the people.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2017

Mike, the guy I spoke to from North American relocation worked with me as far as how I paid, when I was available to pay and the overall price. I used their residential packing and shipping services. Mike kept in good contact. I had deadlines that I had to meet and he worked with me to get around those deadlines. He checked in while everything was in process. It was about three weeks from first contact to the day I got my transfer date. I shipped all of my goods around the beginning of November and the drivers kept in contact with me. They let me know a couple of days ahead of time when they would be there. Overall, it was a good experience. I would definitely refer my friends doing cross-country moves to North American.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

When I called for quotes, the one I got from North American was reasonable and the team member I spoke with gave me a lot of information. I used them for moving and they had truck issues so the pickup was three days late. They were in touch with me but I had a timetable so three days late was problematic to me. The main guy was a very nice guy, though. He knew what he was doing and he was a hard worker as he got my stuff where I needed it to be the same night. So he drove from Montgomery and got to New Orleans the same night. But the help that he had on the front end wasn’t good. He wasn’t a mover so, for the amount of stuff that I moved, it took a lot of time for them to get that wrapped up. The guy on the back end was a mover and it was clear that he understood what to do. So overall, it was difficult.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

I did some internet research, and North American Relocation had good recommendations. The first person I needed to talk to called, and I was pretty happy with my conversation, so I stuck with them. I had a great experience with everybody. However, it was tough waiting for my stuff for three weeks. I didn’t have a bed or anything to sit on. I didn’t know that it took 21 business days, even with any moving company, to get your stuff when I initially hired them. I thought our stuff would come right behind us. That was the hardest part. Other than that, I’m very satisfied with them. The driver that drove our stuff to Arkansas was amazing, and I want to give him an amazing recommendation. We lived in a brand-new house in the back, and he did an amazing job getting the truck back in there. He turned the truck around, backed it all the way down the street, and he did such a great job. He worked really hard, and had a wonderful attitude.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2017

Initially, North American offered me a lesser quote compared to the others. Their service was not satisfactory because I lost some of my items. I didn’t receive the headboard of my bed, and some of the items got broken. When I called North American Relocation's customer care, they gave the truck guys’ number. I tried to reach the person who loaded or unloaded the truck and it’s going to voicemail. Also, I thought the service was only one from the start point to the end point, but the services got changed and some other guy got the things to my apartment. For taking multiple parties, they could be a single party who is transferring the goods from start point to end point, instead of changing it to some other services.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

This was the first time I moved cross country, so it was a huge move for me and I didn't know what to expect. My realtor in Pennsylvania and I went through some sites and spoke to different people, and we both came to the conclusion that North American Relocation was the one that suited me. I had heard a bunch of horror stories about moving and I was a little scared, but with my realtor’s help, we came to North American so I was pleased. When we first started, we asked questions and they were very helpful. It was really nice because there was always somebody calling me and telling me what was happening along the way, like what date and time they would come to pick up. When the movers came to take my things, they called in just to let me know that there was a delay due to traffic, so I was updated. Then, when I got here to Reno, I also got two calls.

When the movers came, there were four of them and I was amazed how quickly they could get everything together and move it out. The guy that came here to unload it was named Isaac, and he unloaded the things all by himself. I was amazed with that too. The only thing is, it took a little over three weeks for me to receive my things. But there’s nothing you can do about that. I also spoke to another gentleman and told him that there were three things that were broken, but it isn't anything I’m going to fuss about. Plus that wasn’t their fault because I packed all the boxes and all they did was wrap my TV and three chairs. I had a very good experience and I would recommend them.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

I looked up movers and got several calls. Then I talked to a sales rep guy from North American and he said they had a fixed price. I also wanted to make sure I got someone that would go point to point and they did, so I decided that I'd go their way. I gave them a specific list of everything that I had to move in sizes and in number of boxes, and there were very few changes. I told him that my stuff was heavy and he told me that they charged for the amount of space that I would take on the truck. I also liked the fact that they pretty much followed me here.

However, when I talked to the guys that were doing the moving, they said they didn't charge on space but on weight. So, they weighed their empty truck, then they weighed their truck with my stuff on it, and charged me an extra $2,000. There was a little disconnect going on there and it was cash or certified check at the end of the line. So I was disappointed in that as I was sort of misled in terms of the cost and the discrepancy was a lot of money.

Other than that, the movers were good and even overworked themselves. They got tired at the end of the night because we had two garages, one to a storage facility and one at the house here. North American's follow up was also really good. They called to see if I had any more questions, so, there was a lot support behind it. I had an experience with a moving company before when I moved my entire house from Colorado to Oklahoma. We filled up a truck and a half, a semi and a half and the other half didn’t get there for a month. So compared to that, North American would have been really good except there was a bunch of BS in the beginning.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

I did my home plus car movement through this company. Firstly they delayed by 1 week for picking my home stuff which I kept all packed as per their schedule. This caused me pain in terms of loss of use of my stuff during this deal period. Numerous calls, emails and follow-up needed to get my stuff picked up which caused my valuable work hours loss. My car did not get picked up as per the schedule and customer rep was disgustingly irresponsible to answer and pick up call. When called from another number she did pick up. Which shows how irresponsible they are. After a delay of 1 week and these people not taking my calls I had to look for another company to get my car picked up which caused a sense of urgency in these people's mind to get my car picked up at a higher cost. Escalation of any type does not ring a bell in their ears so escalation seems to be wasteful.

They say they are among top 10 but truthfully they are beyond 1000 rank because of their pathetic service delivery. My stuff picked up 26th October and today is 25 November still my stuff has not been delivered to me. This has caused huge inconvenience to me and my family towards which these people are highly insensitive. Still I do not have any delivery schedule decided yet. Big shame on these people's business model. To whomever these people subcontract to do their job they don't have their proper contact to reach out to them in case of delays in delivery. What a shame. These people have created a nightmare in my and my family's mind to do relocation anytime in future now. Thanks for wonderful lessons North American Relocation had thought to me.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

Rated at 1 star because zero stars not an option. I foolishly used "North American Relocation, LLC" to move twice and have experienced a lot of furniture and appliance damages. I only used them a second time because the second move occurred so soon after the first move and they appeared to be working my damages claim from the first move.

I promptly submitted the claims form after each move. I have sent numerous emails and made numerous telephone calls to them but absolutely NOTHING has happened. I recently sent them a "last ditch effort" letter to plead for resolution or that I would have to seek a legal remedy. That was over a month ago and I have had no response from them. You WILL incur damages, which seems inevitable and unavoidable in most household moves, but this company will do ZERO to remedy/address the situation. LOOK ELSEWHERE!!!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

Recently I moved from NY to WA and my biggest mistake was that I mistakenly selected North American Relocation LLC for moving my household goods and car. I contacted them 10 days before my move and they gave a quote of around $1650 to move my household goods by taking all the details of my household goods which included everything packing and loading at source location and delivering my goods to my destination address which includes unloading and putting it to my apartment. They gave me a date before 7 days of my departure but no one turned up even after 3 days of actual date of my departure and I was keep calling them in between and every time they were saying the driver will come today for sure.

I have to postpone my move by another 3 days because of this and finally 2 days before my move, I got a call saying the driver who was supposed to come has got a heart attack and we need a week of time to send another driver. When I told them I cannot postpone my travel anymore they told me we can send one driver who can only come if you pay him another $800. I had already paid an advance and based on my current situation I agreed to this additional amount of $800. 1 day before my travel this guy came to move my goods but to my surprise after loading half of the household goods he started saying you have more goods and you have to pay $6000. This time I totally lost my patience and started shouting at him and finally I was forced to pay $3100($100 tip).

In between I kept calling North American Relocation LLC but nobody picked my call. It was a complete mental torture for me and my family and my 2 year old son started crying and fell sick due to a heated conversation with this moving guy. Once they left I thought my ordeal is over but the real ordeal was yet to start for me. I was supposed to get my household goods in 2 weeks of time. I kept calling North American Relocation LLC also mailed them but no response. Now suddenly a driver calls me and says I will only deliver your goods if you pay me another $300 because I need to bring it another shuttle. I am so fed up that now I don’t want my household goods and want to file a lawsuit against these people and looking for options. Me and my family have gone through a complete harassment and torture because of this.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

I finally got my stuff, after jumping through many hurdles of lies and some of my stuff is broken and damaged. Your company is HORRIBLE and the company you subcontracted with is even worse. I was told I would receive a discount, DID NOT!!! Did not arrive when scheduled then tried to blame me when they were at fault. I was told the discount is that we didn't charge you for coming back after we arrived the first time. Waited beyond arrival time, then when complained I was told, "Well too bad, you can't get your money back." I was told I would be notified 24-48 before arrival. NO, I was notified when they arrived. I was already stressed from the unexpected death of my sister and had to clear out her house in Omaha and move to Houston, this company made it worst. VERY VERY UNPROFESSIONAL!!! NEVER AGAIN- I WOULDN'T USE THEM AGAIN EVEN IF THEY WERE FREE!!!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

Off to a good start with the salesperson providing a timely quote for my move from NH to GA and then all downhill from there! I had a packing company pack all my household goods which were to be moved into storage for a few days as I had to close on my house. The list I provided of my initial inventory of unpacked furniture and belongings was calculated by North American as Articles List 33 Items, 128 Pieces to be moved at a cost of $4461.18. When the ACTUAL items after packing was provided to North American it decreased, Articles List 32 items, 122 Pieces HOWEVER North American then proceeded to provide a new revised price of $6328.92. YES less items now cost over $1,800 more!

My final now packed list was provided 48 hours prior to move date in advance to North American but their policy for any kind of refund (which is a pittance for what they ask upfront) is 72 hours. I immediately cancelled the move once I knew what type of company I was dealing with and went with a local reputable mover. At that point they tried to hold me hostage to the NEW quote by telling me they would take my deposit if I did not keep my appointment for the move and YES they did take my deposit of over $1300.

Keep in mind when you sign and give a deposit this does not mean you will pay the quoted amount they provided, EVEN when you have less items they can revise and charge more for less after the fact. Note, once they have your signature on the original quote you are locked in, and if you don't agree they can and will take your deposit should you cancel based on the NEW price! Beware...

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

It was all lies. They made me believe that they are the movers, they never mentioned that they are brokers, they never mentioned that I am paying them to get me a moving company. Only after I paid them $1180 and signed the contract that I realized I got scammed. They gave a good deal of $2890, I ended up paying close to $6000 between them and the moving company they found me (group of people they work with).

After the down payment $1180, I was supposed to pay $880 at pick up and $880 at delivery. At pick up, the driver told me that my new balance is now $4600, he told me that there is no need to call North American Relocation, their company is taking over from there. North American Relocation was not reachable anymore. I mean, it was a total chaos. It's a shame. I worked so hard to save for my family, to take care of my family, and out of nowhere I got scammed just like that. I found myself paying almost $4000 extra. BE AWARE. DO NOT USE NORTH AMERICAN RELOCATION.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

I went online on some relocation website and I had quotes. North American Relocation was one of the first ones that called me and I liked their price. Also, I was in the military and I know that some of the military moves had used North American before. Both the pack up and delivery crews were great but I had an issue with the scheduling of the delivery. I requested for the 14th of July and they said the movers will give me a call when they’re an hour out. So I’d taken off work and I found somebody to watch my children during the day on that date. But when I called the movers, they said they weren’t going to be able to get me in that day.

I called North American and they said that they really have a two-week window for the delivery to come. But I have children and a job and I can't be on-call for two weeks straight for them to deliver my stuff. They should have also let me know whether our stuff was going to be delivered in a rough timeframe. Somebody knew that we’re going to be the third delivery of the day and they could have called and said that the day before because they have to load up the truck in a certain way. But the movers moved us in after I complained a lot. They said that they would be able to drop off all of our stuff that evening and they did. They didn’t show up until 7:30 at night and worked until the job was done. So I give them a lot of credit for that.

North American Relocation expert review by ConsumerAffairs

North American Relocation offers consumers several services to help them through the entire moving process. They are headquartered in Boynton Beach, Florida, and can help homeowners move anywhere in the country.

• Packing: North American Relocation can take care of packing your belongings for you, ensuring they are safely packed to prevent breaks while they are in transit.

• Commercial shipping: In addition to helping homeowners, North American Relocation also has shipping options for commercial users.

• Auto transport: North American Relocation can ship your vehicle along with your belongings for long distance moves, which can save you gas money and wear-and-tear on your vehicle.

• Real estate assistance: In addition to helping homeowners pack and transport their belongings from one location to another, North American Relocation can also offer real estate assistance. Some things they can help with include understanding the real estate market in your new location, understanding the economy of your new location and finding a home in your new location that meets your needs.

• Long-distance moves: North American Relocation specializes in long-distance moves, and they make sure their customers understand what is going to happen at every point during their relocation process.

• Best for: North American Relocation is best for families making long-distance moves and companies who need shipping service.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs