1.19/5

66 Ninja Coffee Bar Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

I just retired my third Ninja Coffee Bar. I had to return the first one for difficulties that started two months after purchase. I was supplied with a second one that lasted 3 months and a third one that constantly alerted me that it needed to be cleaned from the first use. The clean light remained lit constantly no matter how many times it was cleaned. After the third machine began the 'three beeps of death", refusing to brew (at the four month mark) -- my frustrations got the best of me and I am DONE with Ninja. It's a shame. It brews good coffee, when it works and the features are great. But none of that matters when the machine has so many kinks.

Customer service reminded me "when you have an elite coffee brewing system, you must treat it with great care". Which means they are accusing me of abusing the machine when the issue is the very poorly engineered machine itself. This product should be removed from the market until it is re-designed, tested and actually works. I am just out the $150.00 investment, but better off knowing I do not have to worry with this machine any longer!

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

Every two weeks or so my coffee machine will just beep and not finish brewing. It will do the same thing when trying to clean it. I’ve called the company and they’ve walked me through how to “clean or fix it.” Whatever they think is needed. Sometimes it works. Most times it does not. Here I am spending 2 hours running vinegar through it trying to clean it so I can possibly have a cup of decent coffee in the morning. The future isn’t looking bright. I was so excited when I was gifted this because it seems to be the coffee God from the box. It is a false prophet and I am SO thankful I didn’t spend the money to purchase it. It’s the absolute worst. It’s so frustrating when I’m in a rush and try to brew a pot of coffee and get the ever so cringeworthy BEEP BEEP BEEP. So unbelievably disappointing.

Get expert buying tips about Coffee Makers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2019

Purchased this machine and it lasted 8 months before it started beeping and wouldn't finish a brew. Called the company and was guided through how to clean the machine. When it still didn't work the rep extended my warranty by one year and told me I could pick up a new machine at the original store it was purchased. He advised I could call back at any time within that year if I had any issues. Well, here I am 8 months in with the second machine and it's doing the same thing. Won't finish a brew!

I called in today and was told that they can replace the base but I'm out of pocket for the shipping. I asked to speak to a supervisor because that's completely ridiculous and he was extremely rude and said the machine was no longer under warranty and that I had to purchase a new machine with a discount!! I told him I was just offered a base but had to pay shipping and he said that the previous agent made a mistake and that was no longer available. Really? So I pay over $200 for a coffee bar that is only guaranteed for 8 months?? This company does not stand by its product and offers terrible customer service.

Original review: July 26, 2019

I received my first coffee bar in December for Christmas, it worked well for 6 months then the cleaning light came on, kept trying to clean it but it would run. Got my second one 2 weeks ago and this one all of a sudden (this morning) will not turn on. Unplugged it to try to reset it... didn't work. I really like the concept of this pot and I'm so disappointed that they are not worth the money. I have an old Sunbeam coffee maker that is 20 years old and it still works like a charm, guess I'll have to pull it out of storage and use it. :(

Original review: July 23, 2019

Very unhappy with this coffee maker and the Ninja Customer Service. We’ve had this unit for about a year, and usually, after a brewing, there would be about 4-5 tablespoons of water left on the base under the water tank that we could soak up with a towel. Now, if I set up the unit the night before with a full tank (for a morning pot of coffee), I find an empty tank in the morning, no coffee brewed, and water all over the counter and floor. I called the customer service, after checking their website, to see about getting a new tank or a seal, and after dealing with a rude representative, it’s just not worth the aggravation, I’m switching back to a good old Mr. Coffee. Zero stars rating.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ninja Coffee Bar?

Original review: July 20, 2019

Got a Ninja Coffee Bar as gift. After several months it stopped brewing by running for a few seconds then shutting off. I received a replacement. After 4 months it did the same. Will not buy again. This was very disappointing. Apparently there is a design flaw that causes a bubble to form in the water line. As of around the first of the year I heard that the engineers were working on it but have not followed up to see if the issue was resolved.

Original review: July 10, 2019

Own the product for a year. Bought as new. Coffee bar decides it needs more cleaning now than usual. Now I get more white deposits and even black ones too coming out during cleaning cycle. It's not safe to consume. I follow the cleaning instructions every time it's like the machine starts to degrade overtime and fall apart inside. For the price I paid at Walmart for this it should have last me longer. A Mr. Coffee brand can last longer than this and way cheaper. I was paying for the quality and features but didn't last long.

Had to send it back and pay 20 dollars multiple time. The repair cost piles up more than the coffee maker itself. It's like a bad used car experience but the product is new. If the company itself can't fix the coffee maker then they seriously need to take the product off the shelves. That's bad business. There's also 100s or even thousands consumers just like me experiencing the same problems with it. Please don't buy it.. Research first.

Original review: June 28, 2019

I wish I had read the reviews closer before my initial Coffee Bar purchase about 15 months ago. After the first instance of not completing a full brew cycle I called for assistance and was walked through the troubleshooting guide (which I'd already done). This did not help and for a $20 fee I was supplied with a new base only - February of 2019. The replacement base lasted until May of 2019 when the "5 beeps of death" started. This time I was supplied with a whole "new" unit AFTER I returned the 2nd one to Ninja (days without a coffee maker are not good).

Sadly the second replacement has lasted even less time and the beeping and no-cycling are back. This time I'd really like my money back and while I understand that I did not purchase the product from Ninja directly, I fail to see how their offer of another replacement - this time a model CF097 - is going to solve what is clearly a problem with their machine. Fortunately, I am hopeful that, in spite of the time from original purchase until now, Bed Bath and Beyond will refund my purchase price and make this right. I will never buy a Ninja product again. Also, i'll read more reviews going forward.

Original review: June 24, 2019

Terrible experience with Ninja Coffee system. First unit stopped working properly after 7 or 8 months. Cleaned properly as instructed, spent hours on the phone with customer service, no luck. They made me pay $20 to ship out a new unit. 5 months later... same issue. Would maybe pour 2 oz of coffee if that. I went through all the cleaning instructions, called customer service again... They wanted me to pay for a new unit! I pushed back and they settled on $20 to ship out a new one AGAIN. It’s not even worth the hassle at this point and $$$! Customer service could care less too. Do not buy! My $20 pot from Walmart works better. It’s too bad as I own several of their products. Will tell everyone I know to stay away.

Original review: June 24, 2019

This was one coffee pot I saved my money for. I have had it for a few months. Loved it. Now I am having problems with it. Very heartbroken. Went back to using my percolator. Sad Ninja wants $20 to send it back.

Ninja Coffee Bar expert review by Jonathan Trout

The Ninja Coffee Bar is designed to be a full coffee system. It brews hot, cold and specialty coffee and comes in three different sizes. Each Ninja Coffee Bar comes with a recipe book so you can create multiple types of specialty coffee at home.

• Cafe Forte: The Cafe Forte brew setting uses Ninja’s unique brewing technology aimed to bring out the flavor of each roast profile. This technology uses automated temperature, calibration, pre-infusion and saturation time controls.

• Built-in frother: Ninja Coffee Bar systems come with a built-in frother attachment that lets you froth cold or preheated milk. It’s important to note the frother does not heat or steam milk like professional frothing arms. Once your milk is to a microfoam consistency you can place it underneath the brewer to brew a specialty coffee.

• Speciality settings: With the Ninja Coffee Bar you can brew multiple speciality coffee drinks using various recipes. It has two categories: Custom and Signature brews. Custom brews include settings like Classic, Rich and Over Ice which is designed to brew fresh coffee over ice without watering it down. Signature brews include the Cafe Forte and Specialty brew, offering super-rich concentrated coffee.

• Brew sizes: The Ninja Coffee Bar has six brew sizes. You can select from four single serve options: Cup, XL cup, travel and XL multi-serve travel. It also has two carafe options that let you brew a half or full carafe.

• Price: You can buy the Ninja Coffee Bar system in three sizes. The original machine retails for $149, the updated larger version is $179 and the compact updated version is $129.

• Best for: consumers wanting a unique coffee brewing system that brews multiple styles of coffee.

Profile picture of Jonathan Trout