1.81/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

38 Ninja Coffee Bar Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

I got a Ninja coffee bar less than a month ago. It does not brew a full pot of coffee and it is warm not hot! When I called I was told we will replace the base but you have to pay all shipping cost... Me as a customer who just spent 130.00 on your pot should not have to pay shipping if your product is not working! And it is not even a month old!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

After about 9 months machine started malfunctioning. It has to be started about 5 times before I can get a pot of coffee. It only runs about 60-90 seconds before it stops. It is so frustrating. Then the keep warm setting doesn’t automatically come on. When I use the clean cycle it doesn’t turn off. It stays on clean setting until I unplug it. I’ve tried cleaning it with vinegar to de-scale it as that may be the problem. Didn’t work after several attempts. Terrible product that was a waste of $100! A $20 machine would last longer. The company offers nothing that helps without paying shipping on a new one. I love all of my other Ninja products but after my experience with this coffee maker and their lack of a fair resolution, I will not be purchasing anymore from them.

Get expert buying tips about Coffee Makers delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

I am an avid coffee drinker, this was the worst coffee maker that I've ever owned. The 1st 2 months it worked fine and then I could not get the clean button to go out no matter what I tried. I called customer service twice for assistance. Was given crazy instructions on how to correct the problem that never worked. I paid a $139 for a coffee maker that worked for 2 months and then when they finally agreed to replace the base but they wanted another $20, ridiculous. I threw the machine out rather than giving the company any more of my money.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

I definitely would not recommend that you spend your money on any Ninja products. I've had mine for less than 1 year & had to replace it twice already. When I call customer service they have me go through the cycle of trying to figure out how to fix it & they have to replace it. When they ship the new one to me I have to pay for the shipping on a product that is defective. I've been asking to speak to a supervisor for over a month now. I gave them my number to call & they call a number I told them not to call. So if you want a product that doesn't work or want to get the run around from Customer service then buy a Ninja. Signed, VERY DISAPPOINTED.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

Terrible product. First unit quit working after about 2 weeks. Best Buy replaced with a second unit which quit working after about a month. Worked with customer service multiple times to try to get it working. I hate trying to fight with it every morning to make a pot of coffee or when guests are over. Ninja Customer service offered to send a replacement for $20 shipping but after spending so much on the unit already, I'd rather spend the $20 on a coffee maker I know will work. The coffee tastes good when the machine actually works, but it has far too many glitches for the price. I do not plan to purchase this brand ever again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ninja Coffee Bar?

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

I just received the Ninja Coffee Bar. I drink coffee daily. I was using Keurig for a very long time before I made the big switch. I have tried every option on this Ninja machine including different strengths of ground coffee. The coffee always taste like water with a hint of bean if you’re lucky at the end of your sip. I am soooo disappointed. Help!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

The Ninja Coffee maker is not for the long run. Mine lasted 6 months before it started to act up. It now makes partial cups of coffee and it continues to say "clean" constantly. I’ve cleaned it numerous times. I’m now at the point of throwing my Ninja out and buying me a simple original coffee maker. I know those will last. I really wanted to enjoy my Ninja longer but the way it is now it’s not meeting my morning coffee needs or anyone else’s.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

I bought my Ninja Coffee Bar around this time last year. For the 1st 3 months I was loving it. Then it started shorting the cup. I rebooted it and it revived but then it needed cleaning. I cleaned it using the method I had with the Keurig that the coffee bar replaced. No good. I bought 2 other kinds of cleaners for single cup devices... Still the clean notification light stayed on. I called Ninja at the time and was told they had a special cleaner at $19.95 they would be glad to sell me. I AM SURE they would but I was not biting. I now clean it and ignore the idiot light and clean it when I get a nasty cup. However, now it will not give me a full anything. I have to push the coffee button multiple times just to get a single cup of coffee. I will NEVER buy another Ninja product again... Even the frother stopped frothing the milk. I paid $179 for this plastic **.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

I was in the process of moving and accidentally dropped my water reservoir causing the corner to break. I searched high and low to try to find a replacement and there were zero replacements online forcing me to order parts from the manufacturer. They told me that it was going to take 4-6 weeks for a replacement tank. Here I am 4 months later and have yet to get a replacement tank for my machine. After many calls to customer service they finally determined the shipment would be in about 6 months after I purchased the part. Customer service was horrible and should be honest about how long it's going to take to get a replacement. It is ridiculous a customer has to wait 6 months for a coffee maker part that is barely a year old. I will never by another Shark product and do not recommend getting a Coffee Bar... Don't waste your money and time.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

We received the Ninja Coffee Bar as a gift and used it only slightly and solely for brewing coffee. After about a year, the drip stop light and clean light came on, and would lock up the machine so that we could not clean the machine or brew coffee. We called customer service and they asserted that they recognized the problem as it happens often. However, they could only offer a discounted price on a new model and that they do not warrant the product in any manner. I replied that why would a purchase a product that proved defective as a replacement for a defective produce and the representative told me that most people do. Overall, terrible product, poor customer service and a company that refuses to stand by its craftsmanship. Do not buy!!!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

I purchased the Ninja Coffee Bar 2 years ago, one year after purchase it was leaking water from the bottom. I called customer service, and they sent me a replacement base. I had to spend $25 for shipping which was more reasonable than purchasing a new coffee maker. This new base worked great, until after the clean light came on. I cleaned it (vinegar, lemon juice, Parker and Bailey coffee machine cleaner and rescaler). I have been doing this for a year, and two days later after cleaning it says that it needs to be cleaned again! Also, if I don’t clean right away it will brew not even a half cup coffee! I called customer service, she asked me what kind of water I was using, I told her of course my tap water that I pay for and see the test results for.

I was told it was a calcium build up, again I see my test results and the calcium is not high. I was then told, "Well you should try bottled water, this what you should use with a high end coffee maker." I don’t think if you have decent drinking water that you should have to go to the store to buy water just to make coffee, and I don’t consider Ninja products high end. Stay away!

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

After reading the previous reviews, I suppose I should feel fortunate that my machine lasted 23 months before having the same issue with it brewing 2oz then stopping. I have cleaned regularly and spent the better part of today cleaning it again, hoping it would solve the problem as indicated in the manual. So, I'll babysit it tomorrow morning and then purchase a different coffee maker.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

Ninja Coffee Maker CFO85C: We have had this machine since March 2018. Started off well but now requires babysitting. After 30 seconds machine shuts off. Have troubleshot as requested by service department and online review. However nothing has remedied the issue. Have cleaned it several times, descaled (babysitting required during cleaning and descaling) but nothing has helped. Highly recommend staying away from this and any other product by Ninja. Machine cost $175 CDN... Save your money and buy another brand. This is machine will cause you nothing but undue stress in the morning.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

I purchased a Ninja Coffeemaker in 2016 and spent quite a bit of money expecting this machine to last me for quite some time. Before a year I had issues with the Clean light coming on and staying on after I did a deep cleaning (descaling solution that is recommended) several times in a row. I am now on my third replacement because of the same issue. Looking at several reviews I have noticed this is an issue with the Ninja Coffeemaker. So, not only have I spent over $200 on the coffeemaker, now I have to pay $20 each time I get a replacement. Doesn't seem quite fair that I have to pay for a replacement when the item is under warranty and is faulty. Maybe this particular model number is the issue. I would like to have an upgraded, non-refurbished item that I don't, and shouldn't, have to pay for due to the warranty.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

Because my Ninja Coffee Bar wasn't working properly I called (866) 826-6941 to claim my warranty. The representative asked all the proper questions about the product however after confirming that my product would get replaced he mentioned that I have to cover the SHIPPING costs myself and asked for my CREDIT CARD. He told me he couldn't process anything until I paid in that very moment. Since this was very SUSPICIOUS I refused to give my credit info. He came back telling me that I'm also able to pay with a PREPAID CARD and recommended me to PURCHASE this in WALMART. I couldn't believe my ears and so I knew this was obviously a SCAM.

After I also refused that he told me he would go talk to his supervisor to see what he can do, he came back with the message that I do not have to pay any shipping anymore and that everything will be taken care of. I told him that it was not appropriate nor smart of him telling a customer with a warranty to pay shipping costs with a prepaid card from Walmart. I had the same type of incident with calling the customer service of PayPal. So see this as a warning people. I'm also not a racist, however both incidents was with guys and accents from India.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

We have had our Ninja Coffee Bar for 1 year and 1 month, so no warranty. It is acting in the same manner as described in previous posts by other reviewers. The coffee maker brews for about 30 seconds to 1 minute, then quits. This morning I pushed the Classic Brew button 3 times before receiving a complete brewing cycle. We have done all the troubleshooting, repeatedly cleaning with solution, etc. but nothing corrects the problem.

At $165, this product should perform flawlessly. Ninja/Shark customer service offers NO REPAIR service which is ridiculous. Their option is to offer you a new unit at a “Slightly discounted price” or you can take your coffee maker to a local small appliance repair service to see if they can do anything. When this coffee maker works, it is terrific. But at the price we paid, it should work ALL the time. And Customer Service needs to step up their game 100%. Would not recommend buying the Ninja Coffee Bar at this time... They should go back to the drawing board.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

I purchased the Ninja Can Bar in 2016. Shortly after having it the Coffee Bar had to be manually pushed after a few drips. I called the company and was sent a replacement not the whole machine but just the main operating part. After having it for a few weeks the replacement starting doing the same thing. You literally have to stand in front of the Coffee Bar and manually push the button until all the water has drained. It doesn't matter if you go through the cleaning process on the machine it still won't make Coffee unless you babysit it by constantly pushing the button until the Coffee is made. This is class action lawsuit worthy!!!

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

I bought my coffee bar on 2015 and since then I’ve been dealing with customer service. It makes only 2 oz of coffee then stops and I have to push the button in every cycle to make the coffee. I have called customer service and they only offer a bottom part replacement that they have sent 3 times and I’m still stock with the coffee bar not working. They say they send new ones but if they were new they are supposed to work great and they don’t. Never ever buying another one. Too bad it was more than 200 that I spent.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

I bought this coffee pot 9 months ago. It worked great until it didn't. It feeds 4 oz. then shuts off. To brew a pot you stand there and press the button until it finishes feeding the water. I called customer service and after some troubleshooting he told me I'd need a new base under warranty. BUT I had to pay $19.95 for shipping. The new base is only under warranty 90 days so when it happens again... and it will because it's a known problem, you're out $200. Save your money and buy a cheap one. It will last as long. And you'll save $175.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

Luckily I purchased the Ninja Coffee Bar Glass Carafe coffee maker at Costco because a week after the year when the warranty expired it stopped working. The coffee maker was great for an entire year. We love the fact that you can make 1 cup, half a pot or a great brew for ice coffee. The bad thing is that it only lasted one year and it cost over $100. You can buy $20 coffee maker and it will last so much longer. I am so lucky that I purchased it at Costco because even though it was a year and one week after I purchased it they gave me a store credit. I really wish that Ninja would correct the problem with these coffee makers because when they work they brew awesome coffee. :(

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

I loved this Ninja Coffee Maker in the beginning. Lately we have had to repeatedly clean and yet it makes half a pot or less. My question/complaint is when filling the reservoir up and running the cycle the water leaves the container but does not produce a whole pot. Not ever. And it is not leaking. Im concerned that this storing water somewhere is causing so much stomach illness. I refuse to use this expensive thing anymore. As no one can tell me why after cleaning the equipment is storing water somewhere but where.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

We have had our Ninja Coffee Bar for a little over a year. Once it was out of warranty, it started to leak. We can only put enough water in the reservoir for one cup of coffee. If we put in enough water for a pot of coffee, the water leaks out EVERYWHERE!!! For such an expensive unit, one would think it would last longer than a year. I will NEVER buy any of their products again. I called Ninja and they said it was out of warranty so they couldn't do a thing. Never again! I'll buy something cheaper and more reliable!!!

Original review: July 28, 2018

I purchased the Ninja Coffee Bar 9 months ago. Initially, I was very happy with the product. A few months in, the clean button wouldn't turn off even after we cleaned it repeatedly as recommended by the Owner's Guide. We called Ninja and after spending an hour on the phone with them trying to troubleshoot, they told us to just disregard the clean light and continue to use it. I probably should've tried to return it then but because I didn't want to be without a coffee maker, I continued to use it.

It is now 9 months after I purchased it and now even on the setting for multi-serve I am only getting approximately 4-5 oz of coffee. I have to press multi-serve 2 to 3 times in order to get a regular cup of coffee!!! Therefore, I'm spending double to triple what I need to spend in coffee! And the coffee I drink isn't cheap! I called Ninja again last week to explain my situation and to request a replacement.

After an hour of troubleshooting (again!) the representative agreed to send me another coffee maker IN ANOTHER 4 TO 6 WEEKS!!! I asked why it would take so long and their answer was, "We don't have any of this or any other comparable coffee makers in stock." You want to tell me that a company as large and lucrative as Ninja has NO COFFEE MAKERS IN STOCK FOR 4-6 WEEKS??? That's just ridiculous! So I'm now 2 weeks into my 4 to 6 weeks, spending triple the amount I used to on coffee, and I guess I'll just have to do that for another 2 to 4 weeks. I will NEVER purchase another Ninja product again! I am beyond disappointed with the product and their customer service. The next time I spend close to $170 for a product, it most definitely will not be on a Ninja product.

Original review: April 27, 2018

I choose for all the different options and I have read good reviews. I like the look and design and that it can make a whole pot or single cup. Also it has over ice and strong brew options. It can also froth milk and is easy to clean up. It looks nice on my counter and doesn’t take much space. It is very versatile machine with many good useful options. However, It doesn't make real espresso with froth. It also can get kinda messy and splatters coffee everywhere. It doesn't keep coffee very hot for very long. Also, It takes filters that can be hard to find.

Original review: April 26, 2018

This product has great reviews online. There are many different styles but this is the one that fits my needs, and I bought it because of the many types of uses. It's small enough to store easily. I really like it. It has the capability to Blend special styles of all kinds of coffees and other types of drinks. It is a nice piece of kitchen equipment to host friends and family as well. But with any type of kitchen product, the clean up is something that must be done with every single use to ensure the life of the product.

Original review: April 25, 2018

I love it & it brews greatly & great features & it runs smoothly & no problems at all with this coffee maker. This one has more features than other coffee makers. And while it should have more features & more options, I'm very happy with this product & its the best coffeemaker to have.

Original review: April 24, 2018

I absolutely adore this coffee maker. I can make any coffee depending on what I'm in the mood for and I don't have to get Starbucks because this coffee maker can make any type of coffee. It can make regular coffee, espresso, or iced coffee and it's very easy to use. It also came with a recipe book and it tells you how to make specialty drinks. If you make regular coffee, the coffee carafe isn't very big. It makes about 3 large cups of coffee. Between me and my husband, we usually drink 2 cups of coffee each so we have to make another small pot. Still, best coffee maker ever.

Original review: April 20, 2018

This really is a solid coffee maker. I like that I can use it for regular coffee and can brew many different drinks. Brewing iced coffee was a huge selling point for this coffee maker. I also like the full pot option and that you don't need kcups. The different size and brew options are the best features that this coffee maker offers. It is great. I would definitely repurchase. But I wish the frother was more convenient and didn't have to be pulled down.

Original review: April 18, 2018

Happy to have it and I feel as if I'm rich because I have this machine. I'm very satisfied with this product and more people should know about it... Makes good coffee. I use it every morning and I feel happy when I use it. I love this machine. I don't know what I'd do without it. It's great and lovely. Working well and it's a workhorse. But cost too much and sometimes I regret spending so much. My friends also tells me I spent too much but they don't turn down the coffee I offer from it when they come over though.

Original review: April 17, 2018

I chose Ninja Coffee Bar because of all the terrific reviews I had heard. There are some brands you just know aren't going to do too well in producing Starbucks level coffee. The Ninja one hundred percent does that. It brews amazing coffee... hot or cold! It is easy to operate. I like the design... it reminds me of Starbucks. I like how you can use the carafe or single serve. It is an awesome machine worthy of making incredible beverages but I definitely had to break the bank on this one.

Ninja Coffee Bar expert review by Jonathan Trout

The Ninja Coffee Bar is designed to be a full coffee system. It brews hot, cold and specialty coffee and comes in three different sizes. Each Ninja Coffee Bar comes with a recipe book so you can create multiple types of specialty coffee at home.

• Cafe Forte: The Cafe Forte brew setting uses Ninja’s unique brewing technology aimed to bring out the flavor of each roast profile. This technology uses automated temperature, calibration, pre-infusion and saturation time controls.

• Built-in frother: Ninja Coffee Bar systems come with a built-in frother attachment that lets you froth cold or preheated milk. It’s important to note the frother does not heat or steam milk like professional frothing arms. Once your milk is to a microfoam consistency you can place it underneath the brewer to brew a specialty coffee.

• Speciality settings: With the Ninja Coffee Bar you can brew multiple speciality coffee drinks using various recipes. It has two categories: Custom and Signature brews. Custom brews include settings like Classic, Rich and Over Ice which is designed to brew fresh coffee over ice without watering it down. Signature brews include the Cafe Forte and Specialty brew, offering super-rich concentrated coffee.

• Brew sizes: The Ninja Coffee Bar has six brew sizes. You can select from four single serve options: Cup, XL cup, travel and XL multi-serve travel. It also has two carafe options that let you brew a half or full carafe.

• Price: You can buy the Ninja Coffee Bar system in three sizes. The original machine retails for $149, the updated larger version is $179 and the compact updated version is $129.

• Best for: consumers wanting a unique coffee brewing system that brews multiple styles of coffee.

Profile picture of Jonathan Trout