1.29/5

52 Ninja Coffee Bar Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 9, 2019

Ninja offers a 10% discount for joining their mailing list. However, after trying to order a number of items online, I found that in every case the items could not be ordered on the Ninja site - rather, I was redirected to their retail partners who would not accept the Ninja discount. So, my experience was that Ninja offers a discount and then makes it impossible to use it. VERY misleading.

Original review: May 9, 2019

Purchased the CF086 from Walmart online had it shipped to our local... store 3 weeks for delivery, but that's Walmart these days. Unboxed and it was an awesome machine... until the damned cleaning light came. As far as I can tell you get about 6 weeks before the machine starts a filibuster with you and will not shut up about it needing a cleanse and flush! That said coffee from this is exceptionally good, but who needs the hassle of arguing with a coffee maker!

I have cleaned this machine 19 times, using: White Vinegar, Kuerig cleaning solution, Dip-It Lime-A-Way, and now I have ordered the Ninja Coffee Bar's very own cleaning solution.. If this one bottle does not get it cleaned and that stupid orange light off and my coffee maker quietly doing its job again making good coffee... I will trashcan this unit and go back to using my old Proctor Silex. Hey don't laugh. :) It delivers good coffee and no Unnecessary noises, beeps, or blips, or cleansing notifications. Heads Up! Ninja/Shark, INC fix this issue or we will not patron your brand again for any new or old appliances... Because we don't trust the integrity of products you manufacture. It's that simple!

Get expert buying tips about Coffee Makers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 3, 2019

Three months after purchasing the clean light came on. I have deep cleaned 3 times as manual directs. Clean light never goes out. And the time it takes to try and brew a pot of coffee around this issue is ridiculous. I'm done, throwing this totally expensive useless coffee machine away.

Original review: April 26, 2019

Bought the Ninja Boffee Bar in January last year and just over a year later it kept cutting out every 10 seconds in a brew and even when on clean. It is used mainly at weekends for 2 of us and cleaned regularly. Their customer service could only offer a 50% reduction on a new one but declined as too expensive a machine for it to happen again. When I googled help I saw many reviews from others with the same problem so I would say it is some kind of design fault. It will be going to the recycling tip tomorrow.

Original review: April 19, 2019

I have had this coffee pot for over 2 years. It is used 2 to 3 times a day to make a full pot and I absolutely love it. This is by far the best coffee maker I have ever had. As you can see we use it a lot and have never had any issues until now so it is beginning to wear out. For the normal size family you could get 4 to 6 years out of this coffee maker, we have a large family and it therefore cuts the lifetime down on any appliance.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ninja Coffee Bar?

Original review: April 19, 2019

After about 3 weeks of use this Ninja pot will stop brewing. It shuts down and excessively beeps after about 20 seconds. I've exchanged this pot 4 times thinking the dept. store probably just got a bad shipment and giving them a chance. NOPE, I'm so done dealing with this Ninja Bar coffee pot. Today it began malfunctioning again. This is now 5 times that I'm having to return it. I will be buying a different product and do not recommend Ninja Coffee Bar.

Original review: April 14, 2019

This is by far the WORST, and I mean worst coffee maker I have ever owned. And, it's the second one we have because the first one we purchased kept turning off after incessant beeping. It was taking 10 minutes to brew a pot of coffee and you'd have to stand by it to repeatedly push the brew button. There is no time for that in the morning, We returned the coffee maker thinking it was a lemon and brought our new coffee maker home only to experience the SAME issue. DO NOT BUY THIS COFFEE MAKER.

Original review: April 14, 2019

My Ninja keeps cutting off during the brewing cycle. Then if it finally finishes the warmer shuts off and I have cold coffee. This was an expensive unit and not at all worth what I paid for it. I know have a $15 coffee pot that works better than my Ninja ever did.

Original review: April 9, 2019

I have to press brew button 15 times to make a full pot because it beeps after 2 seconds. This is the second base I have and both have done the same thing. Ninja will not assist and has told me I can purchase a new unit discounted at $153.51. Why would I purchase another system that has failed twice for me. Terrible product. Terrible company that does not stand behind their products. Do not purchase from this company - too expensive to take a chance it will still work in a year! Had to give it a star otherwise wouldn't let me proceed. It deserves none!

Original review: April 6, 2019

I struggle with this coffee maker. I purchased it in November 2018, and have not been “Wowed” at all. I fill the tank up to the MAX line, yet every morning there is an inch of water left behind (About 1/3 cup). I have followed all of the troubleshooting recommendations but it just doesn’t change. I end up having to push the brew button again to empty it. The other thing I struggle with is, periodically (and with more frequency as of late) the coffee has such an intense melted plastic taste and smell that I have to dump it out and start over. It really is vile tasting when it happens. It does brew a hot cuppa, but the inconsistency is frustrating. Should the need arise, I haven’t contacted customer service so I have no opinion regarding them. I will never purchase another one.

Original review: March 31, 2019

Bought the Ninja Coffee Bar CF080, worked well for about a month. Now the clean light stays on no matter how many times I run a clean cycle. When I do run a clean cycle it will beep 5 times after it begins and shuts off.... Really enjoyed those first few pots of coffee when I first bought this thing, now I am throwing it away and buying a Mr Coffee for 1/16 of the price, and don't have to worry about a clean cycle, or annoying beeping and the pot turning off...

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

I have been reading the numerous reviews on the Ninja Coffee Bar and can’t believe EVERYONE basically has the same complaints regardless of the cost of their machine. “Clean” light won’t go out after only a couple of months use and many cleanings. And now in LESS than a year I have to “babysit" (term used by another reviewer, which was perfect) it to get a pot of coffee. This morning it took 7 restarts to get my coffee! I love the design but hate its performance. To other reviewers...I feel your “pain”. Not a good purchase!

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

I received my Ninja Coffee Bar as a Christmas gift. After about nine months, I received five beeps and the brewing cycle would stop. I ran the cleaning cycle and tried every other troubleshooting solution I could find, but nothing worked. (Sometimes the cleaning cycle wouldn’t even finish; I’d get the same 5beeps as if I was brewing coffee.) Customer service (after several dumb questions like “does it have water in the reservoir before you start to brew?”), replaced the coffee bar. I paid the S&H because it’s an expensive coffee pot, even though I completely disagree with it.

I’ve had the replacement pot about 5 months and am back at the customer service support process for several reasons. 1) Won’t brew on the 1/2 pot setting (same 5 low beeps). 2) Won’t keep the time (every couple days, it looks like our electricity has been off but it never has, the pot isn’t getting unplugged either). 3) The brew basket is holding water and never flows through into the carafe. 4) The stay warm setting randomly works. 5) Same 5 beeps about 20sec into the cycle. I won’t pay s&h again for another replacement and the life cycle of this pot is averaging about 7 months, so it’s not worth it in my opinion.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

The machine was great until the stupid CLEAN light comes on. We clean it and two days later comes on again. Waste of money and waste of time cleaning it. I wonder if Ninja Coffee Bar expert reviewer Jonathan Trout owes one.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

I got a Ninja coffee bar less than a month ago. It does not brew a full pot of coffee and it is warm not hot! When I called I was told, "We will replace the base but you have to pay all shipping cost"... Me as a customer who just spent 130.00 on your pot should not have to pay shipping if your product is not working! And it is not even a month old!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

After about 9 months machine started malfunctioning. It has to be started about 5 times before I can get a pot of coffee. It only runs about 60-90 seconds before it stops. It is so frustrating. Then the keep warm setting doesn’t automatically come on. When I use the clean cycle it doesn’t turn off. It stays on clean setting until I unplug it. I’ve tried cleaning it with vinegar to de-scale it as that may be the problem. Didn’t work after several attempts. Terrible product that was a waste of $100! A $20 machine would last longer. The company offers nothing that helps without paying shipping on a new one. I love all of my other Ninja products but after my experience with this coffee maker and their lack of a fair resolution, I will not be purchasing anymore from them.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

I am an avid coffee drinker, this was the worst coffee maker that I've ever owned. The 1st 2 months it worked fine and then I could not get the clean button to go out no matter what I tried. I called customer service twice for assistance. Was given crazy instructions on how to correct the problem that never worked. I paid a $139 for a coffee maker that worked for 2 months and then when they finally agreed to replace the base but they wanted another $20, ridiculous. I threw the machine out rather than giving the company any more of my money.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

I definitely would not recommend that you spend your money on any Ninja products. I've had mine for less than 1 year & had to replace it twice already. When I call customer service they have me go through the cycle of trying to figure out how to fix it & they have to replace it. When they ship the new one to me I have to pay for the shipping on a product that is defective. I've been asking to speak to a supervisor for over a month now. I gave them my number to call & they call a number I told them not to call. So if you want a product that doesn't work or want to get the run around from Customer service then buy a Ninja. Signed, VERY DISAPPOINTED.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

Terrible product. First unit quit working after about 2 weeks. Best Buy replaced with a second unit which quit working after about a month. Worked with customer service multiple times to try to get it working. I hate trying to fight with it every morning to make a pot of coffee or when guests are over. Ninja Customer service offered to send a replacement for $20 shipping but after spending so much on the unit already, I'd rather spend the $20 on a coffee maker I know will work. The coffee tastes good when the machine actually works, but it has far too many glitches for the price. I do not plan to purchase this brand ever again.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

I just received the Ninja Coffee Bar. I drink coffee daily. I was using Keurig for a very long time before I made the big switch. I have tried every option on this Ninja machine including different strengths of ground coffee. The coffee always taste like water with a hint of bean if you’re lucky at the end of your sip. I am soooo disappointed. Help!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

The Ninja Coffee maker is not for the long run. Mine lasted 6 months before it started to act up. It now makes partial cups of coffee and it continues to say "clean" constantly. I’ve cleaned it numerous times. I’m now at the point of throwing my Ninja out and buying me a simple original coffee maker. I know those will last. I really wanted to enjoy my Ninja longer but the way it is now it’s not meeting my morning coffee needs or anyone else’s.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

I bought my Ninja Coffee Bar around this time last year. For the 1st 3 months I was loving it. Then it started shorting the cup. I rebooted it and it revived but then it needed cleaning. I cleaned it using the method I had with the Keurig that the coffee bar replaced. No good. I bought 2 other kinds of cleaners for single cup devices... Still the clean notification light stayed on. I called Ninja at the time and was told they had a special cleaner at $19.95 they would be glad to sell me. I AM SURE they would but I was not biting. I now clean it and ignore the idiot light and clean it when I get a nasty cup. However, now it will not give me a full anything. I have to push the coffee button multiple times just to get a single cup of coffee. I will NEVER buy another Ninja product again... Even the frother stopped frothing the milk. I paid $179 for this plastic **.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

I was in the process of moving and accidentally dropped my water reservoir causing the corner to break. I searched high and low to try to find a replacement and there were zero replacements online forcing me to order parts from the manufacturer. They told me that it was going to take 4-6 weeks for a replacement tank. Here I am 4 months later and have yet to get a replacement tank for my machine. After many calls to customer service they finally determined the shipment would be in about 6 months after I purchased the part. Customer service was horrible and should be honest about how long it's going to take to get a replacement. It is ridiculous a customer has to wait 6 months for a coffee maker part that is barely a year old. I will never by another Shark product and do not recommend getting a Coffee Bar... Don't waste your money and time.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

We received the Ninja Coffee Bar as a gift and used it only slightly and solely for brewing coffee. After about a year, the drip stop light and clean light came on, and would lock up the machine so that we could not clean the machine or brew coffee. We called customer service and they asserted that they recognized the problem as it happens often. However, they could only offer a discounted price on a new model and that they do not warrant the product in any manner. I replied that why would a purchase a product that proved defective as a replacement for a defective produce and the representative told me that most people do. Overall, terrible product, poor customer service and a company that refuses to stand by its craftsmanship. Do not buy!!!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

I purchased the Ninja Coffee Bar 2 years ago, one year after purchase it was leaking water from the bottom. I called customer service, and they sent me a replacement base. I had to spend $25 for shipping which was more reasonable than purchasing a new coffee maker. This new base worked great, until after the clean light came on. I cleaned it (vinegar, lemon juice, Parker and Bailey coffee machine cleaner and rescaler). I have been doing this for a year, and two days later after cleaning it says that it needs to be cleaned again! Also, if I don’t clean right away it will brew not even a half cup coffee! I called customer service, she asked me what kind of water I was using, I told her of course my tap water that I pay for and see the test results for.

I was told it was a calcium build up, again I see my test results and the calcium is not high. I was then told, "Well you should try bottled water, this what you should use with a high end coffee maker." I don’t think if you have decent drinking water that you should have to go to the store to buy water just to make coffee, and I don’t consider Ninja products high end. Stay away!

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

After reading the previous reviews, I suppose I should feel fortunate that my machine lasted 23 months before having the same issue with it brewing 2oz then stopping. I have cleaned regularly and spent the better part of today cleaning it again, hoping it would solve the problem as indicated in the manual. So, I'll babysit it tomorrow morning and then purchase a different coffee maker.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

Ninja Coffee Maker CFO85C: We have had this machine since March 2018. Started off well but now requires babysitting. After 30 seconds machine shuts off. Have troubleshot as requested by service department and online review. However nothing has remedied the issue. Have cleaned it several times, descaled (babysitting required during cleaning and descaling) but nothing has helped. Highly recommend staying away from this and any other product by Ninja. Machine cost $175 CDN... Save your money and buy another brand. This is machine will cause you nothing but undue stress in the morning.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

I purchased a Ninja Coffeemaker in 2016 and spent quite a bit of money expecting this machine to last me for quite some time. Before a year I had issues with the Clean light coming on and staying on after I did a deep cleaning (descaling solution that is recommended) several times in a row. I am now on my third replacement because of the same issue. Looking at several reviews I have noticed this is an issue with the Ninja Coffeemaker. So, not only have I spent over $200 on the coffeemaker, now I have to pay $20 each time I get a replacement. Doesn't seem quite fair that I have to pay for a replacement when the item is under warranty and is faulty. Maybe this particular model number is the issue. I would like to have an upgraded, non-refurbished item that I don't, and shouldn't, have to pay for due to the warranty.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

Because my Ninja Coffee Bar wasn't working properly I called (866) 826-6941 to claim my warranty. The representative asked all the proper questions about the product however after confirming that my product would get replaced he mentioned that I have to cover the SHIPPING costs myself and asked for my CREDIT CARD. He told me he couldn't process anything until I paid in that very moment. Since this was very SUSPICIOUS I refused to give my credit info. He came back telling me that I'm also able to pay with a PREPAID CARD and recommended me to PURCHASE this in WALMART. I couldn't believe my ears and so I knew this was obviously a SCAM.

After I also refused that he told me he would go talk to his supervisor to see what he can do, he came back with the message that I do not have to pay any shipping anymore and that everything will be taken care of. I told him that it was not appropriate nor smart of him telling a customer with a warranty to pay shipping costs with a prepaid card from Walmart. I had the same type of incident with calling the customer service of PayPal. So see this as a warning people. I'm also not a racist, however both incidents was with guys and accents from India.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

We have had our Ninja Coffee Bar for 1 year and 1 month, so no warranty. It is acting in the same manner as described in previous posts by other reviewers. The coffee maker brews for about 30 seconds to 1 minute, then quits. This morning I pushed the Classic Brew button 3 times before receiving a complete brewing cycle. We have done all the troubleshooting, repeatedly cleaning with solution, etc. but nothing corrects the problem.

At $165, this product should perform flawlessly. Ninja/Shark customer service offers NO REPAIR service which is ridiculous. Their option is to offer you a new unit at a “Slightly discounted price” or you can take your coffee maker to a local small appliance repair service to see if they can do anything. When this coffee maker works, it is terrific. But at the price we paid, it should work ALL the time. And Customer Service needs to step up their game 100%. Would not recommend buying the Ninja Coffee Bar at this time... They should go back to the drawing board.

Ninja Coffee Bar expert review by Jonathan Trout

The Ninja Coffee Bar is designed to be a full coffee system. It brews hot, cold and specialty coffee and comes in three different sizes. Each Ninja Coffee Bar comes with a recipe book so you can create multiple types of specialty coffee at home.

• Cafe Forte: The Cafe Forte brew setting uses Ninja’s unique brewing technology aimed to bring out the flavor of each roast profile. This technology uses automated temperature, calibration, pre-infusion and saturation time controls.

• Built-in frother: Ninja Coffee Bar systems come with a built-in frother attachment that lets you froth cold or preheated milk. It’s important to note the frother does not heat or steam milk like professional frothing arms. Once your milk is to a microfoam consistency you can place it underneath the brewer to brew a specialty coffee.

• Speciality settings: With the Ninja Coffee Bar you can brew multiple speciality coffee drinks using various recipes. It has two categories: Custom and Signature brews. Custom brews include settings like Classic, Rich and Over Ice which is designed to brew fresh coffee over ice without watering it down. Signature brews include the Cafe Forte and Specialty brew, offering super-rich concentrated coffee.

• Brew sizes: The Ninja Coffee Bar has six brew sizes. You can select from four single serve options: Cup, XL cup, travel and XL multi-serve travel. It also has two carafe options that let you brew a half or full carafe.

• Price: You can buy the Ninja Coffee Bar system in three sizes. The original machine retails for $149, the updated larger version is $179 and the compact updated version is $129.

• Best for: consumers wanting a unique coffee brewing system that brews multiple styles of coffee.

Profile picture of Jonathan Trout