Take a quiz, get matched with an Accredited Partner!
  2. Homeowners
  3. Coffee Makers

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.51/5

Ninja Coffee Bar Reviews

Original review: Dec. 26, 2019

My wife loves your stuff, however I did a water test and the water it left in the plastic clear water holder has different readings over time, as if the plastics slowly seep into the water. For the price though who can complain. I wish they made a 2nd option to purchase a glass water holder replacement for taste concerns.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2019

I read a comment below that their coffee maker was bleeping after six months. You may need to clean your coffee maker as mine did the same. With cleaning them, etc. mine has been fine. I have had mine since they first came on to the market. I paid a higher price for mine but very worth it. The only thing is I wish they had an on/off switch.

Get expert buying tips about Coffee Makers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 19, 2019

I have had this coffee pot for over 2 years. It is used 2 to 3 times a day to make a full pot and I absolutely love it. This is by far the best coffee maker I have ever had. As you can see we use it a lot and have never had any issues until now so it is beginning to wear out. For the normal size family you could get 4 to 6 years out of this coffee maker, we have a large family and it therefore cuts the lifetime down on any appliance.

Original review: March 2, 2020

Bought second Ninja Coffee Maker for new house. Stopped brewing after three months! They agreed - it needed to be replaced. Customer Service poor - for my troubles, they can ship one to replace it - but I get to pay $20 for shipping! For my $80 purchase of a non working product, what a great deal! Oh, the wait time to tell them how bad they are was over 45 minutes. Don't buy!!!

Original review: Feb. 27, 2020

I do exactly as asked when cleaning which is about every 3 months and now the drip stop light will stay on and it is also turning off constantly. I was only offered $59 off but am suppose to pay for taxes and shipping which is around 12 to $15 dollars more! I feel they should be paying for the latter being the machine hardly lasted 2 yrs. What a crap show. I asked where I could possibly get it serviced and was told that wasn’t possible or available.... Seriously a crap show. I always buy Shark/Ninja (no more)!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ninja Coffee Bar?

Original review: Feb. 5, 2020

I have had my coffee maker for a little while and the big disappointment is that the alleged double walled thermal carafe doesn’t keep the coffee warm or hot. I always have to microwave my coffee. Yuck.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

The Ninja Coffee Bar makes a good cup of coffee but the cleaning is something to be desired. From the start, it didn't really work well. After less than a year The clean light stayed on but customer service told us that as long it didn't say "CLEAN" it was good. Now 2 years later the CLEAN light will not go out even after 4 enhanced clean cycles. Customer service offered a discount to replace but why pay $140 plus for coffee. We have purchased less expensive coffeemakers that lasted more than 2 years. I spent more time giving them information on myself and the purchase info than we received trying to fix the problem. Hopefully, the one we gave as a gift lasted longer.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2020

We had a similar experience to another reviewer. We got our first coffee brewer and it made awesome tasting coffee. However, within a few weeks it needed cleaning. It would not clean itself no matter what we tried. Finally, the machine would not run at all. We called the company and paid to have another unit sent. We had the same problem. It needs cleaning and I have a feeling it will be garbage soon as well. Like another reviewer, I had a Mr. Coffee for over 10 years and may find another Mr Coffee brand to buy again.

Resolution response: Jan. 24, 2020

Received the replacement machine today, 7 days later which is super fast. Customer service is superb! The replacement seems to be an upgrade, it looks a little different than my previous one. While my Ninja was out of commission I had to use my Mr. Coffee machine, with filters. I definitely have grown accustomed to the superior taste of the Ninja coffee maker. I went from a 1 star to a 4 star rating because of fantastic customer service. Hopefully this replacement will last a lot longer than the first one.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

Received machine as a Christmas gift. It lasted just after the warranty ran out, of course. When trying to brew 1 cup, a little coffee water dribbles into the cup, then the dreaded 5 beeps of death and the machine turns itself off. The cleaning button NEVER lit up in the year I used it, we have super soft water. Even so, I did as the manual instructed and tried to clean the machine. Poured 15 oz of vinegar in and filled the rest of the tank with water. Turned on the clean button and after a little water dribble, again the 5 beeps of death and the machine shuts off. Customer service had me do all the "hoops" and in the end it was decided to return the machine, pay for shipping ($21.30) and in 4-6 weeks I hopefully will have a new fully functioning coffee machine...

I did read reviews one year ago and decided NOT to buy one myself because of the poor ratings. I received this machine as a gift so I can't complain. I loved the Ninja coffee Bar system for as long as it lasted. I fully expect the replacement to conk out soon too and after that I will not buy another one ever again. These machines are too expensive for the short time they work. My Mr. Coffee machine is made of better quality, 13 years old at that, and still working!

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

Are you looking for an overpriced, does nothing fancy, slow as molasses coffee brewing system that will break in less than a year? Well then THIS coffee pot is for YOU! To sweeten the deal, Ninja customer service will even send you a replacement unit (when their first one undoubtedly shoots craps) and you ONLY have to pay an ADDITIONAL $20 to receive it!! A quality company that stands behind their crappy product, and provides you with customer service to match???? Enjoy! You’re only $100 out in less than a year after all!

Ninja Coffee Bar expert review by Jonathan Trout

The Ninja Coffee Bar is designed to be a full coffee system. It brews hot, cold and specialty coffee and comes in three different sizes. Each Ninja Coffee Bar comes with a recipe book so you can create multiple types of specialty coffee at home.

• Cafe Forte: The Cafe Forte brew setting uses Ninja’s unique brewing technology aimed to bring out the flavor of each roast profile. This technology uses automated temperature, calibration, pre-infusion and saturation time controls.

• Built-in frother: Ninja Coffee Bar systems come with a built-in frother attachment that lets you froth cold or preheated milk. It’s important to note the frother does not heat or steam milk like professional frothing arms. Once your milk is to a microfoam consistency you can place it underneath the brewer to brew a specialty coffee.

• Speciality settings: With the Ninja Coffee Bar you can brew multiple speciality coffee drinks using various recipes. It has two categories: Custom and Signature brews. Custom brews include settings like Classic, Rich and Over Ice which is designed to brew fresh coffee over ice without watering it down. Signature brews include the Cafe Forte and Specialty brew, offering super-rich concentrated coffee.

• Brew sizes: The Ninja Coffee Bar has six brew sizes. You can select from four single serve options: Cup, XL cup, travel and XL multi-serve travel. It also has two carafe options that let you brew a half or full carafe.

• Price: You can buy the Ninja Coffee Bar system in three sizes. The original machine retails for $149, the updated larger version is $179 and the compact updated version is $129.

• Best for: consumers wanting a unique coffee brewing system that brews multiple styles of coffee.

by Jonathan Trout ConsumerAffairs Research Team