1.31/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Ninja Coffee Bar

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Ninja Coffee Bar Reviews

Original review: Oct. 5, 2019

After owning this coffee maker a mere few months, I discovered that the plastic "straw" attached to the top for the carafe was degrading. When I washed it in hot water and mild dish soap, I followed up by wiping down the surface with a rag. Guess what, black plastic soot was clearly coming off. No it is not coffee residue, IT IS BLACK PLASTIC residue. I am going to assume that all the other plastic parts of this coffee maker also degrade that come in contact with heat. This product needs to be recalled, the plastic would obviously also leach into the coffee as it's being brewed and poured.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2019

I purchased my first coffee bar about a year ago, 6 months into owning it, the machine stopped working. It would turn on for a minute or 2 and brew, only to stop. I worked through all the steps, cleaning, clearing line etc. They agreed to send me a replacement, but I had to pay $20 shipping. Here I am 6 months later and the same thing is happening with the replacement unit. I called and they agreed to send me a replacement for .... you guessed it. $20. They won't even pay the shipping, and the product is clearly defective. So the deal is they will send you a replacement but you have to pay every time. This is a scam and terrible customer service. All I want is a consistent cup of coffee. My advice. DO NOT PURCHASE!!! The product is junk and they do not stand behind the product.

Get expert buying tips about Coffee Makers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2019

Not a good experience, since I only had it for a few months. First the carafe cracked, then the clean light stays on. Then it won't completely cycle through to make just a thermos, I have to keep turning it on to finish. Now it doesn't work at all. Very disappointed.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2019

I read a comment below that their coffee maker was bleeping after six months. You may need to clean your coffee maker as mine did the same. With cleaning them, etc. mine has been fine. I have had mine since they first came on to the market. I paid a higher price for mine but very worth it. The only thing is I wish they had an on/off switch.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2019

I absolutely loved my coffee bar when I first bought it and even more thrilled that I was able to purchase it for the money I spent. My daughter bought hers for about $146 at Walmart as an early Black Friday special. I did my research on the sale (I wish I had researched the product itself) and was able to purchase this coffee bar for about $85 at Kohls after all my discounts and sales. I also received lots of Kohls cash (which lowered my refund amount when it was returned).

Anyway, this appliance worked great until the little clean light appeared in March. We followed the directions to the T and it never worked correctly after. We contacted Ninja and I fought them on the $19.95 return fee. They sent the replacement in April and again, it worked great until the clean light came on and once again, wouldn't brew more than a few minutes before cutting off.

I contacted customer service and stated a I wanted a refund rather than a replacement and the rude customer service said I needed to return where I purchased it. Thankfully, Kohls didn't bat an eye and no questions asked. They issued my refund minus the kohls cash I had received and spent. Thank you kohls. Ninja, you have some improvements to make before I ever buy your products again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ninja Coffee Bar?

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

I bought this thinking it would last a long time especially for the money. It lasted 6 months before it started beeping. I’m so annoyed I have bought other Ninja products and they were very good and thought this would be too...Very disappointed.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

We adored our new Ninja Coffee Bar when it worked!!?? Bought it a year ago because we grew weary of buying Keurig k-cups. They got expensive & are terrible for the environment. We found the Ninja coffee bar worked GREAT for one cup or for all the other fantastic things it did. Especially loved the milk froth option. Now, only a year later ... it’s kaput after ever so light use. Don’t waste your money.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

I just retired my third Ninja Coffee Bar. I had to return the first one for difficulties that started two months after purchase. I was supplied with a second one that lasted 3 months and a third one that constantly alerted me that it needed to be cleaned from the first use. The clean light remained lit constantly no matter how many times it was cleaned. After the third machine began the 'three beeps of death", refusing to brew (at the four month mark) -- my frustrations got the best of me and I am DONE with Ninja. It's a shame. It brews good coffee, when it works and the features are great. But none of that matters when the machine has so many kinks.

Customer service reminded me "when you have an elite coffee brewing system, you must treat it with great care". Which means they are accusing me of abusing the machine when the issue is the very poorly engineered machine itself. This product should be removed from the market until it is re-designed, tested and actually works. I am just out the $150.00 investment, but better off knowing I do not have to worry with this machine any longer!

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

Every two weeks or so my coffee machine will just beep and not finish brewing. It will do the same thing when trying to clean it. I’ve called the company and they’ve walked me through how to “clean or fix it.” Whatever they think is needed. Sometimes it works. Most times it does not. Here I am spending 2 hours running vinegar through it trying to clean it so I can possibly have a cup of decent coffee in the morning. The future isn’t looking bright. I was so excited when I was gifted this because it seems to be the coffee God from the box. It is a false prophet and I am SO thankful I didn’t spend the money to purchase it. It’s the absolute worst. It’s so frustrating when I’m in a rush and try to brew a pot of coffee and get the ever so cringeworthy BEEP BEEP BEEP. So unbelievably disappointing.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2019

Purchased this machine and it lasted 8 months before it started beeping and wouldn't finish a brew. Called the company and was guided through how to clean the machine. When it still didn't work the rep extended my warranty by one year and told me I could pick up a new machine at the original store it was purchased. He advised I could call back at any time within that year if I had any issues. Well, here I am 8 months in with the second machine and it's doing the same thing. Won't finish a brew!

I called in today and was told that they can replace the base but I'm out of pocket for the shipping. I asked to speak to a supervisor because that's completely ridiculous and he was extremely rude and said the machine was no longer under warranty and that I had to purchase a new machine with a discount!! I told him I was just offered a base but had to pay shipping and he said that the previous agent made a mistake and that was no longer available. Really? So I pay over $200 for a coffee bar that is only guaranteed for 8 months?? This company does not stand by its product and offers terrible customer service.

Ninja Coffee Bar expert review by Jonathan Trout

The Ninja Coffee Bar is designed to be a full coffee system. It brews hot, cold and specialty coffee and comes in three different sizes. Each Ninja Coffee Bar comes with a recipe book so you can create multiple types of specialty coffee at home.

• Cafe Forte: The Cafe Forte brew setting uses Ninja’s unique brewing technology aimed to bring out the flavor of each roast profile. This technology uses automated temperature, calibration, pre-infusion and saturation time controls.

• Built-in frother: Ninja Coffee Bar systems come with a built-in frother attachment that lets you froth cold or preheated milk. It’s important to note the frother does not heat or steam milk like professional frothing arms. Once your milk is to a microfoam consistency you can place it underneath the brewer to brew a specialty coffee.

• Speciality settings: With the Ninja Coffee Bar you can brew multiple speciality coffee drinks using various recipes. It has two categories: Custom and Signature brews. Custom brews include settings like Classic, Rich and Over Ice which is designed to brew fresh coffee over ice without watering it down. Signature brews include the Cafe Forte and Specialty brew, offering super-rich concentrated coffee.

• Brew sizes: The Ninja Coffee Bar has six brew sizes. You can select from four single serve options: Cup, XL cup, travel and XL multi-serve travel. It also has two carafe options that let you brew a half or full carafe.

• Price: You can buy the Ninja Coffee Bar system in three sizes. The original machine retails for $149, the updated larger version is $179 and the compact updated version is $129.

• Best for: consumers wanting a unique coffee brewing system that brews multiple styles of coffee.

Profile picture of Jonathan Trout