1.27/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Ninja Coffee Bar

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Ninja Coffee Bar Reviews

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

Are you looking for an overpriced, does nothing fancy, slow as molasses coffee brewing system that will break in less than a year? Well then THIS coffee pot is for YOU! To sweeten the deal, Ninja customer service will even send you a replacement unit (when their first one undoubtedly shoots craps) and you ONLY have to pay an ADDITIONAL $20 to receive it!! A quality company that stands behind their crappy product, and provides you with customer service to match???? Enjoy! You’re only $100 out in less than a year after all!

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

Just months after purchasing this product, the brewing cycle would stop. I called the company. They told me to clean it. It worked fine up until now. I called because it was doing the same thing, only more often. I had to push the brew cycle six times for a half carafe of coffee. I decided to clean it again. It did the same thing with the clean cycle. I called and was told the machine was defunct. It is not even two years old! They offered a 30% discount on a new unit. This product is overpriced. It is all plastic, and I will never purchase another Ninja product.

Get expert buying tips about Coffee Makers delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: Nov. 25, 2019

Bought the single serve coffee bar and after 6 months the clean light wouldn't go off even though I cleaned it every week. I put it in the closet, bought the coffee bar with carafe and after about 4 months it started doing the same thing. I finally called the company only to be told the clean button was defective and as long as I'm cleaning every week there shouldn't be a problem. At the 11 month mark I started to get short shots. I called and they would send a replacement when I paid $20 to return the original. I was incredulous!! I said I would not pay to send them their defective product! How ridiculous is that!!

The lady said to wait a minute. When she came back she said they would send me a shipping voucher so I could return it free of charge. When they received mine, they sent me a "new" one. This one is just as bad! I pulled the single serve maker out of the closet and have been using it for about 6 months. It too is doing the same thing! I refuse to be a part of this sham any longer!! GOODBYE NINJA. Hello anything else!!!!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2019

After owning this coffee maker a mere few months, I discovered that the plastic "straw" attached to the top for the carafe was degrading. When I washed it in hot water and mild dish soap, I followed up by wiping down the surface with a rag. Guess what, black plastic soot was clearly coming off. No it is not coffee residue, IT IS BLACK PLASTIC residue. I am going to assume that all the other plastic parts of this coffee maker also degrade that come in contact with heat. This product needs to be recalled, the plastic would obviously also leach into the coffee as it's being brewed and poured.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2019

I purchased my first coffee bar about a year ago, 6 months into owning it, the machine stopped working. It would turn on for a minute or 2 and brew, only to stop. I worked through all the steps, cleaning, clearing line etc. They agreed to send me a replacement, but I had to pay $20 shipping. Here I am 6 months later and the same thing is happening with the replacement unit. I called and they agreed to send me a replacement for .... you guessed it. $20. They won't even pay the shipping, and the product is clearly defective. So the deal is they will send you a replacement but you have to pay every time. This is a scam and terrible customer service. All I want is a consistent cup of coffee. My advice. DO NOT PURCHASE!!! The product is junk and they do not stand behind the product.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ninja Coffee Bar?

Original review: Sept. 25, 2019

Not a good experience, since I only had it for a few months. First the carafe cracked, then the clean light stays on. Then it won't completely cycle through to make just a thermos, I have to keep turning it on to finish. Now it doesn't work at all. Very disappointed.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2019

I read a comment below that their coffee maker was bleeping after six months. You may need to clean your coffee maker as mine did the same. With cleaning them, etc. mine has been fine. I have had mine since they first came on to the market. I paid a higher price for mine but very worth it. The only thing is I wish they had an on/off switch.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2019

I absolutely loved my coffee bar when I first bought it and even more thrilled that I was able to purchase it for the money I spent. My daughter bought hers for about $146 at Walmart as an early Black Friday special. I did my research on the sale (I wish I had researched the product itself) and was able to purchase this coffee bar for about $85 at Kohls after all my discounts and sales. I also received lots of Kohls cash (which lowered my refund amount when it was returned).

Anyway, this appliance worked great until the little clean light appeared in March. We followed the directions to the T and it never worked correctly after. We contacted Ninja and I fought them on the $19.95 return fee. They sent the replacement in April and again, it worked great until the clean light came on and once again, wouldn't brew more than a few minutes before cutting off.

I contacted customer service and stated a I wanted a refund rather than a replacement and the rude customer service said I needed to return where I purchased it. Thankfully, Kohls didn't bat an eye and no questions asked. They issued my refund minus the kohls cash I had received and spent. Thank you kohls. Ninja, you have some improvements to make before I ever buy your products again.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

I bought this thinking it would last a long time especially for the money. It lasted 6 months before it started beeping. I’m so annoyed I have bought other Ninja products and they were very good and thought this would be too...Very disappointed.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

We adored our new Ninja Coffee Bar when it worked!!?? Bought it a year ago because we grew weary of buying Keurig k-cups. They got expensive & are terrible for the environment. We found the Ninja coffee bar worked GREAT for one cup or for all the other fantastic things it did. Especially loved the milk froth option. Now, only a year later ... it’s kaput after ever so light use. Don’t waste your money.

Ninja Coffee Bar expert review by Jonathan Trout

The Ninja Coffee Bar is designed to be a full coffee system. It brews hot, cold and specialty coffee and comes in three different sizes. Each Ninja Coffee Bar comes with a recipe book so you can create multiple types of specialty coffee at home.

• Cafe Forte: The Cafe Forte brew setting uses Ninja’s unique brewing technology aimed to bring out the flavor of each roast profile. This technology uses automated temperature, calibration, pre-infusion and saturation time controls.

• Built-in frother: Ninja Coffee Bar systems come with a built-in frother attachment that lets you froth cold or preheated milk. It’s important to note the frother does not heat or steam milk like professional frothing arms. Once your milk is to a microfoam consistency you can place it underneath the brewer to brew a specialty coffee.

• Speciality settings: With the Ninja Coffee Bar you can brew multiple speciality coffee drinks using various recipes. It has two categories: Custom and Signature brews. Custom brews include settings like Classic, Rich and Over Ice which is designed to brew fresh coffee over ice without watering it down. Signature brews include the Cafe Forte and Specialty brew, offering super-rich concentrated coffee.

• Brew sizes: The Ninja Coffee Bar has six brew sizes. You can select from four single serve options: Cup, XL cup, travel and XL multi-serve travel. It also has two carafe options that let you brew a half or full carafe.

• Price: You can buy the Ninja Coffee Bar system in three sizes. The original machine retails for $149, the updated larger version is $179 and the compact updated version is $129.

• Best for: consumers wanting a unique coffee brewing system that brews multiple styles of coffee.

Profile picture of Jonathan Trout