2. Homeowners
  3. Barbecue Grills
Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.77/5

Nexgrill Gas Grills offers stainless steel gas grills and accessories for homeowners who want more than just an average grill. Considered a middle-of-the-road option for grill masters, Nexgrill Gas Grills gives customers the ability to customize their grilling experience with add-ons like additional burners, customizable configurations and more.

Nexgrill Gas Grills Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Sept. 30, 2019

I love the product, it is very user friendly and easy to use. I have no problems with it and would recommend the grill to everyone I know. The price is great and the products lasts a very long time. I have been using this brand for over 4 years and I am very happy with it. You can not go wrong using this brand! The features that I like about the grill are endless. Some of the features include that it is lightweight, so easy to move around and use in different areas of my backyard, it is big enough on the inside to fit a really amazing amount of food on it and it also has different levels so I can grill the bread on top and meat on the bottom. It has not once broke down on me. I am very happy with the way it is built as is. The only thing is on the top level where I grill the bread maybe make that portion a little wider to fit some more items.

Get buying tips about Barbecue Grills delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2019

One of the best purchases I have made. I love the searing plates and recently bought a rotisserie which is awesome. The rotisserie is super helpful when I'm busy with other things, I can pretty much set it and forget it. There is also a lot of prep area. I also love that I can use a mat when I make burgers and it is super easy to clean and cooks quickly. However, some of the modules are a bit pricey, it would be good to have bundles for the attachable pieces. Could make the gas shut off more easily accessible too. It's difficult kneeling and reaching around especially when you need to put the food out.

Nexgrill Gas Grills response

Hello Hollee, thank you for such an insightful review and the feedback on bundles and the placement of the propane tank. We are always looking for ways to make it easier for our customers to maintain their grills and extend their life. Bundles is a great way to make it easier for our customers. Happy Grilling!!!-Nexgrill

Original review: Sept. 20, 2019

My husband and I have owned this grill for the last 4 years and it is holding up quite well. We grill all the time, year round. It's on our outside deck in the summer and in the garage in the winter. We keep it covered as much as possible and it's still in good shape with no rust, or worn out parts. It's a 3 burner grill so we have room to cook plenty of items all at once if we want. The side burner doesn't get used much but is a nice feature to have and comes in handy when we lose our power which seems to happen often. The thermometer on the cover is a nice feature so we can tell if the grill is hot enough for cooking. But it would be nice if there were easier access to the propane tank. We need to access the tank from side due to the grill location and it's hard to lift the tank, in or out, when you are totally bent over. Front access or the ability to easily slide it out on a shelf would be a great help.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

It has been a good experience overall. Always lights fine. We cook on it at least a couple times a week and have never had any problems. Also, very nice looking grill. It is pleasing to look at. It has two side shelves so there is plenty of room to prepare food for cooking. It has a place to put the propane bottle where it won't be able to fall over or move. It has enough space to cook all the food we need at once. Also, an upper grill shelf to put items that cook faster than others. I would love to have a side burner so other things can be cooked while grilling. I also would like for it to have a thermometer to make it easier to keep a consistent heat that is no too high. I also like the hooks on the side shelves to hold utensils. I would have made the wheels a little bigger so it is easier to move on surfaces that are not completely level. I also would have added a thermometer to better track the heat levels.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2019

It is the top of the line grill. It exceeds all of my expectations. It heats up fast. It cooks even does not burn the products I put on the grill. And it also cooks very fast which is a major plus for when I am starving after a long day and want some barbecue food real quickly so it is really great to me. Also it is a convenient size and shape and holds as much food as I need to cook on top of it which is a plus. I dislike the colors of the grill though. It is not nice or attractive at all. I also dislike the height from the flames to my food when I am cooking food that can drop from sauces like barbecue chicken. It will shoot the flames up and start to burn my food bad which is not good at all. Overall I really like this brand a lot. 5 star cooking.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nexgrill Gas Grills?

Original review: March 8, 2020

No matter clean or dirty. Or what we are cooking this grill always catches fire when using. Have tried many things to prevent but still happens. Quite scary. Afraid house is going to catch fire. Going to call Home Depot and see if it can be returned or exchanged for something a bit more fire safe. Seems the grease trap is maybe too close? I don’t know. Just very dangerous.

Nexgrill Gas Grills response

Hello Kelli, I am so sorry you are having issues with the grill and flareups. I was able to pull your case and see that you called in today. I will make sure your case gets full review. At the moment we are still waiting for more information from you. As soon as we receive it, we will expedite it. Happy Grilling-Nexgrill

Original review: Feb. 10, 2020

I am late with my review, but decided to post it since we are looking to buy a new grill for the new season. I bought our Nexgrill 2 years ago and from the beginning we had nothing but issues. The igniter had to be replaced after only a week of owning it, a week later it had to be replaced again. Used it few times and started having grease fires, regardless of how often you cleaned it. Last season any time we put anything other than chicken on it, it would start a grease fire. You can't leave this grill unattended for 2 minutes or you will come back to one big fire. Worst purchase ever.

Nexgrill Gas Grills response

Hello Ewelina, Nexgrill here. I am so sorry you had several issues with the grill in 2 short years. Regular cleanings, as you have done should lessen the chances of grease fires. I would like to see if you still have the grill so you can send us pictures of the inside of the grill to see what is going on. If you can send one with all the parts in, then one without cooking grids and the last one without grids and flame tamers. We would also like to know the model and serial number. If you still have the grill, please send us the picture to wecare@nexgrill.com. Happy Grilling!!-Nexgrill

Original review: Dec. 27, 2019

Nexgrill model 720-0830H DO NOT BUY. This grill that is marketed as "STAINLESS" has rust all over it. The burner covers are rusted away with major holes. The knobs are corroded green and nasty. The grate is peeling apart and slivers of steel get and has got in our meat spoiling the meat and stabbing into my mouth. Very dangerous and unsafe. I contacted the company and their answer was for me to pay 50% of the replacement parts and for me to install them. We are talking about lots of panels. This grill is less than 2 years old and is on the covered porch and covered. I am a Viet Nam vet and I am 100% disabled. "I told them this." I don't have their kind of money to replace this and it is 100% junk. If this is made in the USA I am ashamed. This company will not even stand by their product. STAY AWAY. Save your money. Buy a Weber grill.

Nexgrill Gas Grills response

Hello John, We are very sorry you have had issues with the grill. We are currently reviewing your case and will contact you directly with a resolution. We take personal injury very seriously and you also did not advise us of any when you first contacted us and we are just hearing about it now. We want to make sure our grills are safe to use. We always try to work with our customers and since the parts you were looking for were out of warranty we offered you a 50% discount in good faith. Regular maintenance is very important on any product you use to cook and eat, that will also help you detect when it is time to replace parts like cooking grids. We also recommend using stainless steel cleaner to make your grill last as stainless steel is corrosion resistant but not proof and needs to be treated. We want to thank you for your service and look forward to contacting you soon. Happy Grilling!!-Nexgrill

Original review: Oct. 24, 2019

I bought the NexGrill 6 Burner w/ rotisserie just under two weeks ago, and have used it twice. So far the grill has been great; even cooking, heats quickly, well built, and looks pretty good on the deck. However, upon receiving the grill the box had some pretty heavy damage, which resulted in numerous dents, and a damaged knob; no big deal. I emailed Nexgrill to explain the situation, and to inform them I can live with the inconspicuous dents, but I'd like the damaged knob replaced. Over a week later and I have received no response.

Now, on top of the previously stated issues, the grill has started to rust. I understand the climate here in Florida is a bit harsh, but that's why I purchased the "premium" grill cover. There's really no excuse to why a brand new "top of the line" grill has started to rust on the stainless pieces after one or two uses. I've now emailed Nexgrill 3 separate times, and received an automated email in response to the last stating the inbox is too full or receiving too many emails to deliver my email. I suspect they have quite a few disgruntled customers emailing if all of their products are of this quality.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2019

I loved the grill. It was so appealing to the eye once I caught sight of it at the store. I just had to have it! My friends and neighbors always compliment me on it when they come over. It is so easy to use and I cook with it multiple times a week. After using it, I would never use any other grill again. I like how it has 5 burners on the one that I bought. It is a sleek stainless steel, matching the aesthetic of my outdoor entertainment area. It also came with some cooking tools which came in handy. The grill is perfect the way it is.

Nexgrill Gas Grills author review by ConsumerAffairs

Nexgrill has gas grills for every kind of grillmaster. Whether you enjoy traditional favorites like burgers and hot dogs or are more of an experimental chef, you can find a Nexgrill to meet your needs. Sizes range from portable table to grills to 6-burner grills that can feed a crowd.

• Grills for every price range: Nexgrill’s gas grills range in price from $99-$699. Their portable and cart grills are the least expensive and are available as either gas or charcoal grills.

• Grills for entertaining: If you enjoy hosting barbecues for your friends and family, you’ll want to check out Nexgrill’s selection of 5- and 6-burner grills. For instance, model 720-0896C is a 6-burner grill with searing side burner and rotisserie kit that cost $699.

• Flexible cooking options: Some Nexgrill grills combine direct and infrared heat to give you several options for preparing your food. Model 720-0882A, the Evolution Infrared Plus is a 5-burner gas grill with a stainless steel side burner that allows you to grill traditionally or to slide in infrared plates for a slow-cooking heat. It is $399.

• Get great recipes: Sign up for Nexgrill’s email list or check out their website for great grilling recipes that can make you a hit at your next barbecue.

• Accessories: Find all the accessories you need to make your next meal a masterpiece on Nexgrill’s website. These include everything from spatulas to grill covers. You can use Amazon pay for an easy checkout experience.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team