It's that easy Request Information
3.39/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Looking for a new grill or to upgrade your grilling accessories? Nexgrill offers a wide variety of grills in order to help you find the one that best fits your needs and budget. Not only will you find the perfect grill, but you will be able to browse and select from a wide selection of accessories. Need ideas for next cookout? Check out our free recipes on our website! Contact us today or visit our website to learn more about our products!

214 Nexgrill Gas Grills Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

We have had no problems with our Nexgrill, it cooks evenly. But one trouble is we bought at Home Depot, was the last of its kind, but was missing the drip pan. So the guy at the store said he’d give us a $50 discount which sounded great and an easy fix, but I’ve been online searching and nowhere am I able to find a replacement for the grease drip pan. Not sure why this is so irreplaceable.

Get expert buying tips about Barbecue Grills delivered to your inbox.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

Purchased my Nexgrill 18 months ago. During this span of time my grill has underperformed. It take forever for it to come up to heat and barely provides enough heat to get sear marks. I've followed the directions in the troubleshooting guide with literally no improvement. At its hottest the heat distribution is extremely uneven. I've come to accept a long time ago that the edges of a grill will always have less heat than the center. In this case the grill has hot and less hot spots in the center cooking areas.

I thought it was just me until I spoke to someone who has the same grill and he had the exact same complaint. The purpose of any grill is to not to only cook but also sear, brown and develop flavors that can only be achieved when caramelization is achieved. This will only happen when temperatures above 280F are achieved (see Maillard Reaction). My grill is barely achieving these temperatures. At this point this has been a waste of money for me personally. R&D for Nexgrill and Consumer Reports needs to improve their better testing standards. The reason I purchased this grill was based on the Consumer Reports recommendation.

Nexgrill Gas Grills response
Hello Tim, Robert from Nexgrill here. I am sorry the grill is not performing properly. The grill should be getting well over 280 degrees. The problem might not be the grill but rather the regulator. The regulator is what controls the pressure into the grill so it is allowing enough gas to go through, the grill will not get hot enough. I found your registration on file, but it looks like it may have been an older grill and you might have purchased a new one so I am not sure which grill you currently have. You can try to reset the regulator again if you already tried it but please not step 7, it is very important to do it slowly: 1. Turn all of the main burner control knobs to the off position.
2. Turn the propane tank gas valve clockwise to the off position.
3. Remove the regulator coupling nut from the propane tank by turning the coupling nut counter-clockwise.
4. Set the regulator, coupling nut, and gas hose aside.
5. Turn all of the burner knobs to the ‘ignite/high’ setting for 15 minutes in order to bleed any gas from the gas line.
6. Turn all of the main burner control knobs to the off position.
7. Re-attach the regulator coupling nut to the propane tank by turning it clockwise. Open the propane tank gas valve slowly by turning it counter-clockwise until it will no longer turn. Should take about 30 seconds to fully open.

8. Ignite the burners in accordance with the instructions in the Owner’s Manual. You can try up to 3 times. If this does not work, you would have to replace the regulator. In that case, please contact me directly at wecare@nexgrill.com so I can see what I can do for you. Happy Grilling!!!-Nexgrill

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

I bought my grill at Home Depot 2 years ago on sale at about $200. It has performed flawlessly even though we live next to salt water. Only issue is the electric lighter has stopped working so I light it with a butane torch. Very hot and pretty even heat distribution. I bought it as a throwaway but it seems to keep on ticking!

Nexgrill Gas Grills response

Hello Mark, Nexgrill here. Thank you for your review, I am sorry the ignition wen out. Our parts department carries all replacement parts for our grill and depending on the grill, Home Depot also might carry your replacement module. You can contact our parts department for assistance. Happy Grilling!!-Nexgrill

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

Nexgrill have an amazing quality grill products that are very exciting to use for outings and other special occasions. I use it very often. It's my go to cooking friend when I have family over for celebrations as well. It has all the amenities I need from a grill. It got a double rack and cooks very evenly. I love the way it has all the different adjustments for different food I cook. There is no improvements needed with this grill. It is amazing and I love it for all. It cooks and the food tastes great. I would love to have a grill that fold down for easy storage.

Nexgrill Gas Grills response

Hello David, Robert from Nexgrill. Thank you for taking time to review our grill. Happy Grilling

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

Nexgrill Gas Grills is durable and works well grilling thoroughly. I like that this grill is safe to use and it is well made. I also like that it rarely has any issues. It works wonderful and grills food just right so that they taste delicious and well-cooked. It also has a stylish appearance to it. I haven’t had it break any way since I’ve bought it so I would choose to buy it again if given opportunity.

Nexgrill Gas Grills response

Hello Dan, Thank you for taking time to review our grill. We take pride in the safety of our grills and are always thinking of how we can improve. Happy grilling!!!-Nexgrill

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nexgrill Gas Grills?

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

Easily replace parts/being a gas grill parts are just about everywhere. Stainless steel "has" to be covered with more than a cheap cover. Small black units have a harder coating that can take the abuse of harsh northern weather.

Nexgrill Gas Grills response

Hello John, you are absolutely correct. It all depends on where you live and we make covers at different price points for all needs. Happy Grilling-Nexgrill

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

Good experience. Fixed burgers and chicken. Everything came out fine. Cooked everything to desired needs. Charcoal fired well in chimney and heated grill quickly. Food tasted great and satisfied all concerned.

Nexgrill Gas Grills response

Sounds like a great cookout Larry. Thanks for the good vibes.-Nexgrill

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

Nexgrill worked like every other grill I’ve ever had but I enjoyed this one most because it had plenty of room on the sides where I can put the food I’m cooking and my utensils and spices. Overall a good grill and I would buy again. However, I didn’t like the color and I didn’t like the clean up afterwards because the charcoal would leave spots from the flames.

Nexgrill Gas Grills response

Hello Joe, Robert from Nexgrill here. Thank you for the review and the feedback. As we expand our grill lineup, we have been able to produce different colors of the same grill. Hopefully we get to your grill in the future. Happy Grilling!!-Nexgrill

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

We bought a Nexgrill at Home Depot because it was reasonably priced and we have been enjoying it. We use it all the time. Especially during the summer. It is a very good grill. We like the propane aspect and the rotisserie to cook chicken. It's very convenient and we enjoy using it. It is a very good experience.

Nexgrill Gas Grills response

Hello Kate, Nexgrill here. Thank you for taking time to share your experience with our grill. I am glad you are enjoying our grill. Happy Grilling!!!-Nexgrill

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

The grill was black and steel - looks very stylish. It has 1 or 2 years of warranty and has a very attractive price. It was a small grill, propane base, really easy to handle, and has a lot of cooking space. I could cook about 20 hamburger patties at once, easy to know temperature, no burns, clean and cook on non-sticking surface! It's of good quality but I wish It has more years of warranty.

Nexgrill Gas Grills response

Hello Alice, Robert from Nexgrill here. Thank you for taking time to review our grill and providing feedback about the warranty. Hope you continue to enjoy using your grill. Happy Grilling!!!-Nexgrill

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

I received the Nexgrill from my dad when I bought this house. I used the Nexgrill at least 5 yrs before upgrading to another one. I then gave it to a coworker who still uses it today. I like that it has plenty of prep space & area for plates, pans etc. Added on some utensil holders. I also liked the burners & racks. Built solid & made to last at a reasonable price. Though Nexgrill could make the gas shut off more easily accessible. It is kind of a pain having to kneel down & reach around especially when you have food to get onto the table. You either forget, or have to come back.

Nexgrill Gas Grills response

Hello Karl, Robert from Nexgrill here. Thank you for your continued loyalty to our brand. We value your feedback and I will forward the info to our Engineers for future reference. Happy Grilling!!-Nexgrill

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

Great grill, and high quality brand. I cook good food on it and it will give your food a amazing smoke taste. I like the different temperatures and the different ways you can grill your food. I love to use this grill all year round. I recommend this brand to anyone that comes to my house. They always ask me where did you get this grill and what brand of grill it is.

Nexgrill Gas Grills response

Hello Leslie, Robert from Nexgrill here. Thank you for your loyalty and for your recommendation. I am glad you enjoy grilling as much as we do. Happy Grilling!!!-Nexgrill

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

I am very happy with my Nexgrill. The assembly was very easy and the parts fit as they should. The grill heats up very quickly and gets super hot. Has 5 burners and side burners, it can fit 12 burgers at once. Can make a lot of food at once, makes you feel like an expert BBQer when you are using it because it's so easy to use and cooks food so perfectly! Great battery ignition, excellent temperature controls, looks pretty and high quality (great decor for your backyard). But when on low the wind can easily blow out the flame and that gets annoying, when it rains water somehow finds its way to the grease trap filling it with water. Better design would fix both of these problems. Other than those two things I have no complaints.

Nexgrill Gas Grills response

Hello Jeennifer, Robert from Nexgrill here. Thank you for taking time to review our grill and giving insight on how you are enjoying it. Our grills have specific ventilation designed for optimal performance, but sometimes you do have to shift the positioning of the grill if it is getting into the vents. A good grill cover is recommended on the grill to protect it from the rain and avoid water from dripping down on the grease cup. I will provided your feedback to our engineers to see if something can be done in the future. Happy Grilling!!-Nexgrill

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

I love the Nexgill barbecue grill because of all of the features it has to offer. It has 5 burners on it and cooks food very quickly. The grill is a gas grill and the side burners are made with stainless steel. The price was wonderful also because it was on sale when I purchased it. But it would be good if the grill came in different color options. I would like to maybe have 6 burners on my barbecue grill because then I could make more food quicker.

Nexgrill Gas Grills response

Hello Michelle, Robert from Nexgrill here. Thank you for reviewing our grill and telling us the feature on the grill that you enjoy. We try to make different size grills to try to meet everyone's different needs. Color is also a good suggestion to have variety of and i like your suggestion. Happy grilling!!-Nexgrill

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

I wanted a decent grill for barbecuing with my family and Nexgrill had a nice grill for a low price. It was quick to assemble and I didn't need a lot of space to bring it home. I like the size, it is small and compact. Simple to use with two grilling surfaces - one for meats and the likes and a smaller one that sits up closer to the lid for things like buns or veggies. But maybe add trays to the sides for holding items, like your spatula, whatever it is you're cooking, drinks, etc so that rather than having to move around a lot, everything was right there.

Nexgrill Gas Grills response

Hello Michelle, Robert from Nexgrill here. I am so glad to hear the grill is working out for you. Thank you for providing valuable feedback on features you would like to have on the grill, I will definitely forward your suggestion to our R&D team. Happy Grilling!!-Nexgrill

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

The Nexgrill I had was very good. It was easy to use and clean, provide a lot of grill area to cook and. Had a few attachments to cook different ways. It was a pretty good grill for what I paid for it. I liked that it had 6 burners and had a rotisserie attachment. I liked the extra burner on the side. The Grill heated up quickly and the heat distributed evenly. I liked the grill and I liked the features but the grill did not last long enough. I would improve the durability of the grill so that the customer can feel that they received a good value.

Nexgrill Gas Grills response

Hello Me you, Robert from Nexgrill here. Thank you for taking time to review our grill. I am glad you enjoyed all the features. I am sorry the grill did not last as long as expected. I would like to get more insight on to what went wrong and also see about your warranty. Please contact me directly atwecare@nexgrill.com. Happy grilling!!- Nexgrill

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

I was really surprised to find that there was a brand called Nexgrill but once I found it I was really impressed. I love the features such as the ones that allow you to control the temperature and heat so that your food cooks evenly and right the first time. I would love if they had included some burners so that you could cook more than one item at a time and a feature that allows you to change the temperature of various zones of the grill. But other than that, the grills are durable and innovative with features that allow you to use your creativity to grill. Also it's really simple and easy to clean. No more scrubbing or back breaking cleaning. Just a simple wipe will do. Nexgrill is next level.

Nexgrill Gas Grills response

Hello Leon, Robert form Nexgrill here. Thank you for your feedback and enthusiasm towards our products. Happy Grilling!!!-Nexgrill

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

It is a good grill where it can be used to grill any type of food and easy to use. I like the design aspect of the grill and the color combination is good and feels more like a premium product than a cheap product. Dependable too. After using it is very easy to clean and the food always tastes good. The heat spreads evenly and cooks the food quicker and makes the food taste good with minimal amount of effort. But the price could be a little bit more affordable, they can improve by supporting more accessories for the product and make in different colors that are pleasing to a larger group of people.

Nexgrill Gas Grills response

Hello Sr. Temp. Thank you for taking time to review our grill and for providing valuable feedback. We have a line of accessories at Home Depot and it is growing every year. Check it out. Happy Grilling!!!-Nexgrill

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

We purchased this grill in June of 2017. The last grill we had lasted us several years. For several months my husband has to go out and bang on the regulator for it to finally light. The flame is either not high enough to get a good burn on our food or it's flaming too high. Very disappointed that we have to now purchase something else as this was not cheap and we were hoping it would last longer than a year and a half. Would not recommend this product.

Nexgrill Gas Grills response
Hello Amy, Robert from Nexgrill here. I am sorry you are having pressure issues with the regulator. We definitely do not want you to bang on the regulator. You might just need to reset your regulator to get it going. Please follow these simple instructions to get you grilling again: 1. Turn all of the main burner control knobs to the off position.
2. Turn the propane tank gas valve clockwise to the off position.
4. Set the regulator, coupling nut, and gas hose aside.
6. Turn all of the main burner control knobs to the off position.

If this does not resolve the issue, pleas contact me directly at wecare@nexgrill.com so I can look into your warranty for you. Happy Grilling!!-Nexgrill

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

We had purchased originally over at Home Depot. As a family that cooks out on the grill many times during the summer and fall, we love this thing. This thing never failed to live up to the hype, hot dogs, burgers, really any and everything. Best in class.

Nexgrill Gas Grills response

Hello Steve, thank you for the vote of confidence. Appreciate the great vibes. Happy Grilling!!!-Nexgrill

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

It's a Good product with a good prices. I like that it cooks fast and it's easy to clean when you finish using it. I can buy in a store and search for more information in the store that I go shopping.

Nexgrill Gas Grills response

Hello Edwin, Welcome to the Nexgrill family!!

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

I bought this BBQ about a month ago, and it was set up that night. It took me less than two hours (with extended coffee breaks!) to put it together. It was VERY easy to assemble. The grills are a snap to clean with a brush after cooking. We had 5 family members over the next day for a first feast and it cooked all the food wonderfully! We loved the side burner for boiling corn on the cobs! It was definitely so handy to have that extra burner. We love the chrome look of it, it definitely looks higher end than what you're paying for it. All in all, we plan on cooking many more meals this summer and fall on this BBQ, and we're very glad I made this purchase. On the other hand, this BBQ is very sensitive to winds since it's not covered all around and tends to turn off on at least one burner when operated at low level under windy conditions.

Nexgrill Gas Grills response

Hello Sean, Robert from Nexgrill here. Sounds like you are a passionate griller. I am happy your family is enjoying the grill. The grill is designed with certain vents that allow for optimal performance but you are correct, if a draft does come in, you might have to change the positioning of the grill slightly. Happy Grilling!!-Nexgrill

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

Ordered some parts over six months ago assuming the parts would be available since they're on the site. It's been complete crickets since then. No status updates. Inquired once, the response was there is no outlook. I could use some help finding alternatives. Grade "F" for customer experience.

Nexgrill Gas Grills response

Hello Tim, Robert from Nexgrill here. I am so sorry you have been waiting so long for your parts and have not gotten a proper response from our partner Brandshop. Back orders this long are unusual, but when they do happen, we should have better communication with our customers. I would like to look further into your order to see what I can do to get your parts out to you sooner. Please contact me directly at wecare@nexgrill.com

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

I like that our Nexgrill can be used outdoors and is made primarily out of metal. So far, it has been an "OK" grill. It is a 5-burner that really loves to flare up on a regular basis. My wife says this is by far the worst grill she has ever owned. It would be great if this grill would not be so easy to flare up. The tray underneath the burners gets clogged up with greasy crap on a regular basis, and although we try to consistently keep it clean it will almost certainly flare up anyway.

Nexgrill Gas Grills response

Hello Scott, thank you for taking time to review our grills and provide feedback on the grill flareups. These grills have a grease tray bottom so they can be easily cleaned after every use. We are always testing our grill and trying to make improvements. Happy Grilling!!!-Nexgrill

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

My grill has gas and can be used with charcoal. It also has an add on feature which you can use with a smoker. However, it is kind of pricey and I would suggest a price reduction or some sort of bundle savings. I love this grill, though, as it cooks my food the best and very easy to clean up. I would definitely recommend to anyone.

Nexgrill Gas Grills response

Hello William, Robert from Nexgrill here. Thank you for taking time to review our grill and providing feedback on the price point. Love that you are using all the features. Happy Grilling!!!-Nexgrill

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

Nexgrill is one of the top grill to use with great performances and cook food to perfection with pre-heating. We use it about 3 days out the week around summer and springtime. It is very durable with new technology design and tools. This grill is equipped with tons of different features that make it convenient that provides easy use and the grill handles most of the work leaving me to not have to do much but prepares the meat and other ingredients and the grill does the rest. However, the mess that left can have a little problems 'cause it does have a surface that is easy to clean but it is time consuming to get the grill back to its natural state and to make sure all devices attach is off and it back to safety.

Nexgrill Gas Grills response

Hello Daniel, Robert from Nexgrill here. Thank you for taking time to review our grill. It sounds like you really enjoy grilling. It does take some time to clean grills, but the end result is worth it. Not only looks good but extends the life of your grill. I hope you continue to enjoy grilling all year long. Happy Grilling!!-Nexgrill

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

The Nexgrill was a decent barbecue. The grill chars the burgers and hot dogs very well. It would give it those perfect black lines. It also cooked the meat at impressive speeds, although the controls could be a little easier. It was a tiny bit of a pain to get the thing going and I had to press a lot of buttons to get it on and then begin cooking. Other than that, when I had family and friends over, they were always satisfied with the result. No one ever got impatient when I was cooking. I enjoyed my experience with it.

Nexgrill Gas Grills response

Hello Jarold, Robert from Nexgrill here. Hearing about how the grill leaves the char marks on you burgers and hot dogs is getting me hungry. I am glad it is meeting your grilling expectations. It is always a satisfying feeling when you are able to feed friends and family without skipping a beat. Happy Grilling!!!-Nexgrill

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

This barbecue is a wonderful product that has brought many joyful cooking experiences and has created a place for me to cook and bond with others over all these years. I feel that it is a great useful item because it has the ability to cook several things at once. I love how it cooks everything in sequence and within a short time. This grill seems is a great investment because the heat output is good, it contains a large cooking area, and it come with a side burner. This grill contains a cart that is enclosed inside of it as well. It is a very durable and high quality gas grill that is very good priced. But some issues I have found to have with this grill is the metal that was used to create the grill. It is made with stainless steel. My grill is also very small at four feet tall X four feet wide. My grill is also about two feet deep.

Nexgrill Gas Grills response

Hello Jessica, Robert here. Thank you for providing such a detailed review. I am glad you are enjoying how quickly it can grill your food. We are always implementing customer feedback and try to make grills of all sizes to try to meet everyone's grilling needs at a reasonable price. Happy Grilling!!!

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

Nexgrill is very good, long lasting, excellent food cooking and very affordable. It is easy to clean and a good price too. It also has different varieties available in different colors. It is also easy to store and use when need. Very portable and easy to relocate. I would love to buy in bulk for gifts. It needs to have better length and sizes and better safety info and more available to purchase as gifts. But still, I love this brand and would recommend to anyone looking for the most portable grill out here.

Nexgrill Gas Grills response

Hello Robert, this is also Robert From Nexgrill. Thank you for your recommendation and feedback on our grills. We try to make different grills of different sizes and feature to meet different needs. We sell directly through our retailers and they try to have plenty in stock to fulfill demands. Our small portable table tops are great for tailgating at Jaguar games and I have seen it first hand in Jacksonville. We are the official grill sponsor of the Jacksonville Jaguars and I have been out with the tailgaters talking football and grilling. Hope you can make it out next year with your Nexgrill. Happy grilling!!!-Nexgrill

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

It's a propane grill that's mainly used to slow grill chicken and turkey that's used in other dishes. It does an excellent job of keeping a consistent temperature throughout the day. I like the way it keeps a consistent temperature all day with very minimal input by me. The lid almost seems to be pressurized, as it doesn't hardly leak any steam or smoke out. It has a really nice finish that's easy to clean and has shown no signs of tarnishing.

Nexgrill Gas Grills response

Hello Ralph, Robert from Nexgrill here. Thank you so much for taking time to review our grill. I am glad to hear it meets your expectations. Happy Grilling!!!-Nexgrill

Nexgrill Gas Grills expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Nexgrill has gas grills for every kind of grillmaster. Whether you enjoy traditional favorites like burgers and hot dogs or are more of an experimental chef, you can find a Nexgrill to meet your needs. Sizes range from portable table to grills to 6-burner grills that can feed a crowd.

• Grills for every price range: Nexgrill’s gas grills range in price from $99-$699. Their portable and cart grills are the least expensive and are available as either gas or charcoal grills.

• Grills for entertaining: If you enjoy hosting barbecues for your friends and family, you’ll want to check out Nexgrill’s selection of 5- and 6-burner grills. For instance, model 720-0896C is a 6-burner grill with searing side burner and rotisserie kit that cost $699.

• Flexible cooking options: Some Nexgrill grills combine direct and infrared heat to give you several options for preparing your food. Model 720-0882A, the Evolution Infrared Plus is a 5-burner gas grill with a stainless steel side burner that allows you to grill traditionally or to slide in infrared plates for a slow-cooking heat. It is $399.

• Get great recipes: Sign up for Nexgrill’s email list or check out their website for great grilling recipes that can make you a hit at your next barbecue.

• Accessories: Find all the accessories you need to make your next meal a masterpiece on Nexgrill’s website. These include everything from spatulas to grill covers. You can use Amazon pay for an easy checkout experience.

• Best for: Nexgrill grills are good for apartment dwellers, travelers and homeowners.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs