It's that easy Request Information
2.44/5
Based on 47 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Looking for a new grill or to upgrade your grilling accessories? Nexgrill offers a wide variety of grills in order to help you find the one that best fits your needs and budget. Not only will you find the perfect grill, but you will be able to browse and select from a wide selection of accessories. Need ideas for next cookout? Check out our free recipes on our website! Contact us today or visit our website to learn more about our products!

Nexgrill Gas Grills Video
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

127 Nexgrill Gas Grills Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Resolution In Progress
Original review: July 15, 2018

We bought our five burner (6 including side panel) gas Nexgrill last Christmas. For a little while it worked great, but as of recent when we put 2 steaks on it flames up so bad that the steaks are almost immediately burned. I have attempted to deep clean everything, which made no difference. Further, attempting to turn down the dials does not adjust the flame at all. My wife is about ready to throw it in the trash and switch brands. I attempted to email wecare@nexgrill.com first without having to write a review, but it bounced back as email invalid. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Nexgrill Gas Grills response

Hello Spencer, thank you for reaching out. I am very sorry to hear of your experience and would like to help you out. I am unsure why your email bounced back but I have sent you an email directly hopefully you can reply back. Thank you

Amanda

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Resolution In Progress
Original review: July 10, 2018

I purchased two 5 Burner Grills (Model#720-0888N) 1 year ago from Home Depot. Both of these grills flare up to a point of danger FIRES. It is not an issue of the grills not being cleaned. Both grills are cleaned after each use. In fact the one grill flared causing $1,300 damage to the EIFS finish on my patio.

Nexgrill Gas Grills response

Hello Kevin, thank you for reaching out I am sorry to hear of your experience and hope everyone is ok. I received your email and will continue to assist through that platform. Thank you - Amanda

Resolution In Progress
Original review: July 7, 2018

My 6 burner Nexgrill was purchased last August 2017. It is not even a year old. Burners are not lighting. I attached a new propane tank, cleaned the burnt food particles from the plates covering the burners. Hit the ignition following the directions provided. The burners "seemed to light", closed the hood, the temp barely reached 200 after 20 minutes. I am extremely disappointed, purchased this at my local Home Depot... they are of no help, other than they did assemble it and deliver it last August. So... should I put this out in the trash, or am I able to be contacted with some helpful information ASAP?

Nexgrill Gas Grills response

Hello Lynn, Amanda here with Nexgrill thank you for reaching out. I can definitely help you out with that, it sounds like a low pressure issue which stems from the regulator. I have emailed you with troubleshooting instructions please feel free to respond to me there and we will get this fixed for you. Thank you - Amanda

Original review: June 29, 2018

It was a great grill. It did everything it was suppose to do and more. Cook meat to perfection and made a great burgers. Great for parties and every day use and which is the way I use it and it was very fun and was easy to clean. It also last a long time with zero issues. Would use it over and over. I would definitely buy it again and again.

Nexgrill Gas Grills response

Thanks Will, Happy Grilling!

Resolution In Progress
Original review: June 25, 2018

Recently I purchase new 4 burner BBQ. After preparing chicken for couple of time, I realize that the heat is not evenly spread on the grill. The meat at the back side of the grill gets cook really fast. I used to have charbroil BBQ before which works perfectly fine. The meat always taste much juicy compare to what we cook on Nexgrill. I am disappointed with my Nexgrill purchase.

Nexgrill Gas Grills response

Hello Sumeet, I am sorry to hear you are not having a great experience with your new grill. Please email me directly at wecare@nexgrill.com with more details and we can offer troubleshooting and grilling tips. Thanks - Amanda

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nexgrill Gas Grills?

Original review: June 24, 2018

My sister has owned this Nexgrill-Evolution Infrared Plus grill for a few months now and I've cooked on it several times, if that's what you want to call it. But this the last straw after what happened today. It's bad enough that this thing takes forever, even on its max dial settings to cook anything, but it's a complete fire hazard. I'm taking care of my 4 nephews while she is away and earlier this evening I "tried" to cook 5 NY strip steaks. I preheated the grill for 8-10 mins. You HAVE TO max out the dials on this product or it won't adequately heat to cook and kind of thick meat fast enough.

I scraped the grill as anyone should and used no oils or vegetable spray because, as I said, I've used this thing before and if you do, there will flames that will easily shoot upward while cooking. I laid the steaks in, and in no more than 6 mins the grill was bellowing black smoke, so I ran out onto the deck and threw up the lid. THE ENTIRE INSIDE WAS ENGULFED IN FLAMES! I immediately turned to the gas off but expected the tank to ignite any second! I ran back in and filled a pot with water and dumped it inside, extinguishing the flame. It should be noted that assuming the temp was reading correctly, it was at only 500dg.

I know my sister won't report this to the public, but I am, this is absurd. I don't know what they paid for this thing but let me tell you folks, buy another product. I will yet again try to convince my sister and her fiance to get rid of this hazard and purchase something else, or just buy them another product from another company I know will not almost kill people over some steak juice dripping being set ablaze!! If you have just purchased this model, please, take it back and try to spend a little more, or do some more homework. Please, this product is no good, someone is going to get killed. I'm a 42 yr old guy who has been grill cooking almost all of my adult life, and this grill, this specific one at least, is the worst experience I've ever had. Sorry Nexgrill, I see that your people respond to your customers here and that's great, but this model was engineered poorly.

Nexgrill Gas Grills response

Hello Christopher, Amanda here with Nexgrill. I would like to extend my apologies for the experience you are having with your sisters grill. I would like to dive deeper into this to find a solution for you. Can you please email me directly at wecare@nexgrill.com with the serial number. Thank you - Amanda

Original review: June 24, 2018

The overall experience with the Nexgrill Barbecue Grill is that it's a wonderful piece of equipment, my food always turns out perfect when it's time to barbecue. I absolutely love the style, the size, how fast it gets ready to cook and how evenly my food gets barbecued each and every time. It is an incredibly high quality grill. This is hands down the best grill I've owned with the exception of my Hamilton Beach barbecue grill. However, when it comes to grilling and cooking outdoors, I'll turn to my Nexgrill first. I would definitely recommend.

Nexgrill Gas Grills response

Thanks Ashlee, happy grilling!

Original review: June 23, 2018

Supposed to have a 1 year warranty except “rust, which is cosmetic”. Would some adult in the room tell me what the definition of rust is? My fist Nexgrill lasted 8 years with no rust and was just too big for my new house. My new 5 burner with infrared and side burner has made it 5 months inside a screened in porch and is rusting everywhere except for the plastic knobs. Absolutely disappointed, rust is not “cosmetic”. “Stainless” should not Convert to rust that fast, especially not being subjected to the elements!

Nexgrill Gas Grills response

Hello John, Amanda here and I would like to apologize for any issues you are experiencing with your unit. Stainless steel is rust resistant not rust proof unfortunately , but this is usually from extreme elements or lack of maintenance. Even so 5 months is way to quick for this to happen, please email me your grill and contact information and pictures of the rust to wecare@nexgrill.com and we can address this for you. Thank you -Amanda

Original review: June 23, 2018

The Nexgrill grill that I owned was a 4 burner propane gas grill. There was also a side burner for pots and pans and the finish was stainless steel. What I like most about the grill is those individual burners because they allow you to control the temperature of sections of the grill to better allow you to cook different foods. It is much easier than the charcoal grills where you have to manipulate the coals to regulate temperature and sections.

Overall the grill was okay, it was not the best or most advanced grill, but it got the job done. You ultimately get what you pay for with these grill because they are cheaper than grills like Weber, so you have to expect less durable materials and a lack of fancier features. In fact, I do not like the materials and craftsmanship that the grills are made with. The materials are thinner and more fragile than higher quality grills and that makes it more likely that something will break on the grill. After using the grill for a couple of months you can feel parts coming loose. Overall, the grill is worth it if you grill occasionally, but not frequently.

Original review: June 22, 2018

I like the quality of this grill and it's easy to use. Nexgrill has top quality that is better than the past grills I've had. I also like the fact that I can hold events to barbecue with this thing.

Original review: June 13, 2018

We received our Nexgrill around April of 2017 as a wedding gift from several friends. We assembled it after our wedding approximately mid May 2017. The grill itself works well and hasn't given us issues. The issues we have run into involve discoloration of the top part of the grill. It started with fading on the front and then recently a more extreme discoloration all throughout the top of the grill. We always keep a cover on the grill when not in use. Apparently the warranty doesn't cover paint or discoloration because it's considered normal wear and tear but this isn't the case here.

Nexgrill Gas Grills response

Hi Anthony, Amanda here with Nexgrill, I am sorry to hear of your experience with the discoloration. Can you please send me pictures and your model/serial numbers for review to wecare@nexgrill.com Thank you -Amanda

Original review: June 11, 2018

The grill has been solid but I am extremely disappointed in the natural conversion kit. It includes everything except the orifices that are needed and trying to order the orifices has been a nightmare. If you are going to sell a kit include everything that is needed that day to start grilling. The customer service has been horrible as well. I've called numerous times and on hold for 10-15 minutes before hanging up each time. I'm still in need of the orifices but may just stick with propane because you cannot purchase them off of website. Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Nexgrill Gas Grills response

Hi Dominic, I am so sorry to hear of the trouble you have had regarding the NG orifices. If a grill is compatible the NG orifices are included in the packaging my apologies if yours were missing. I can get you these please email me directly at wecare@nexgrill.com with your model/serial numbers and shipping information. Thank you -Amanda

Original review: June 10, 2018

I have a 4 burner model 720-0830H that is one year old and purchased at Home Depot. The issue I am having is I cannot get the grill to sear meats such as a steak. The grill heats to 500 to 600 degrees with no issues but it will not sear anything so the results is everything is gray looking. I use the high setting which is what is recommended but by the time the desired level such as medium rare the steak or any other meat has no sear. If I use a lower setting for a longer time it just overcooks the meat and still does not produce any sear or crust and the result is gray and unappetizing looking. There are never any flare ups on this grill. Unless the temperature gauge is incorrect the grill should be hot enough to do a better job of grilling. Any suggestions on what could be the issue or what I am doing incorrectly. Prior unit was a Charbroil and never had this issue.

Nexgrill Gas Grills response

Hello Tom, thank you for reaching out regarding your issue. It sounds like your unit is producing the proper heat, you may want to try a different approach to obtain those sear marks you are after. It is all in the preheat, you want to preheat your grill on high with the lid closed for 10 minutes this gets the grids super hot so that when you first lay down your meat it sizzles and sears. Thanks - Amanda

Original review: June 7, 2018

Nexgrill is the best grill that I have bought. It does everything that I want it to do, which is grill my food to its finest and make it edible. It also has adjustments to it when I'm grilling my food such as temperature and other options. These features make it premium.

Original review: June 5, 2018

Nexgrill Gas Grill is amazing. Every time I use this grill I cook my food to perfection which is awesome in my books. They way this grill is made is perfect. I like how it's very easy to clean and simple to use. It has many station where I can place my food. I also like that I can easily move the grill from location to location with very little effort which is great. I would never change this grill for another. I wish I bought another one just to cook faster food.

Nexgrill Gas Grills response

Welcome to the family Wilber, happy grilling!

Original review: June 2, 2018

My Nexgrill barbecue grill is my favorite. I have owned this grill for 2 years now and I can honestly say that this grill is outstanding especially for the price I paid. It's low maintenance, easy to clean and makes grilling up burger extremely easy. I'm very satisfied with my purchase. I like that this grill includes an upper-level warming rack that offers space to heat up buns or to keep the food warm. It makes everything much more convenient and easier. I also like the steel side shelves because it provides additional space and it makes everything run smoothly and faster.

Nexgrill Gas Grills response

Thanks for the positive review Ala and welcome to the Nexgrill family!

Original review: May 31, 2018

This barbecue grill was great! The Nexgrill was one of those grills that made you feel alive even in those times the heat was hanging down. It fired up real nice and it made my meat real crisp. It was spacious as well and I could put a variety of meat on it. I really enjoyed this grill and would definitely get another one if the opportunity presents itself. I wish the grill was a bit bigger so I could cater my cooking to more meat. This was great for holidays and special occasions.

Resolution response: June 4, 2018

I spoke with Nexgrill representatives and all issues are resolved. I fired up the grill for the first time today, in fact, and I must say the temp rose to over 700 degrees within 10 minutes. I'm looking forward to using it more.

Original review: May 30, 2018

I purchased a new Nexgrill this past weekend and assembled it myself. I had two questions that I needed answered by a customer service rep. One, my model came with rotisserie attachments, but no rotisserie burner and I'd like to know why. And two, I had to convert the grill over to a natural gas connection and had a question about one of the instructions given in the assembly manual. After not being able to connect with a live person, I left a message on Tuesday morning at 1-800-913-8999, and followed that up with an email to support@nexgrill.com.

I waited the rest of the day and still didn't get a reply. Today, I found this Consumer Affairs site with people getting direct responses from Nexgrill reps, telling them to email them at wecare@nexgrill.com. So I forwarded yesterday's email to that address this morning. Now, sitting here at 3:04 p.m., there's still no reply. I believe it's a nice grill, but their customer service flat out sucks. And I'm not putting my Home Depot order number down because I already emailed Nexgrill my HD receipt.

Nexgrill Gas Grills response

Hello John, Robert from Nexgrill here. I responded to your email earlier. I am sorry we had not gotten back to you. We strive to respond to all inquiries with 24 hours but it can take up to 48 business hours. Please reply back to my email if you have further feedback. Thank you.

Original review: May 30, 2018

Purchased the grill from Home Depot 3 days before Memorial Day. It was pre assembled. Brought it home and on Memorial Day turned it on. I put the meat on. The moment I turned it on underneath the hood it started catching on fire. The knobs immediately melted and one fell off. The wires underneath were engulfed in flames from one end to the other. I tried to turn the knobs off and my mitten also caught on fire. The side of the fence did as well. Holiday ruined!

Went back to Home Depot and got the money back but they were almost blaming me over this happening. I’ve had expensive grills and I’ve had some cheap grills but this was the worst purchase in my whole life! The gas tank could’ve caught on fire and exploded the whole building! Apparently people have been complaining about the same thing happening to them so it’s not just me! DO NOT BUY THIS!!! Unless you feel like blowing up your house! How can they allow this piece of junk to be out on the market is beyond me!

Nexgrill Gas Grills response

Hello Ana, Robert from Nexgrill here. I am so sorry the grill caught fire. It is definitely not your fault. I was able to look at the pictures and I would like to speak to you directly to get more information on the incident and details on your fence. The safety of our consumers is our first priority and we would not put an unsafe product on the market. I know it must have been a scary incident and I am so sorry it ruined your Memorial Day. Please contact me directly at wecare@nexgrill.com.

Original review: May 30, 2018

Nexgrill was fairly easy and safe to use. It was the right size, it wasn't too big and too small and it does cook my food the way I want it to be cooked. One of the main reasons I brought it was because I wanted something that I could use to cook food that looks and tastes like it's been prepared professionally. Other than that, it is easy to clean and to store away when you are not using it. Or you can just leave it where it is at if you want to. There is no harm in that. It is durable, does not break easily. And it didn't cost too much. So far, this valuable machine seems good enough the way it currently is.

Nexgrill Gas Grills response

Thanks for the positive feedback Mumieb and welcome to the Nexgrill family!

Original review: May 28, 2018

New BBQ not working properly. My experience with customer service was as good as it gets. A gentleman named David took my call and within minutes figured out that my grill needed a new regulator. He took my information and promptly sent me a new part which fixed the problem. I never write reviews but this company deserves a good one as far as I am concerned.

Nexgrill Gas Grills response

Thanks so much Bill, glad you are back to grilling!

Original review: May 27, 2018

I love this barbecue grill and I have never had any problems with it. It is easy to maintain and clean. Also, it has many options on it including different temperature setting for different food that can be prepared on the surfaces. Mostly it will cook your food evenly so there is never a worry that the meat is uncooked. Overall, the grill does a great job of cooking my meats the way I like them to come out. But having an easier way to clean grease from drippings on the bottom of grill would be an improvement.

Original review: May 26, 2018

Lasted 2 years. Igniter went first. Called Customer Service. FINALLY, got through to an agent who said they were very busy; someone would call later that day or the next for certain. Two weeks later no call. Meantime, can light with external lighter; but won't hear above 200 degrees. Now I've got to pay to have it hauled away as junk.

Nexgrill Gas Grills response
Hello Robert, my name is also Robert. I am sorry we have not gotten back to you. I definitely want to resolve this issue for you. Your might be experiencing a regulator issue and not a grill issue. Please follow these simple steps to reset the safety valve on the regulator to get better hear. 1. Turn all of the main burner control knobs to the off position.
2. Turn the propane tank gas valve clockwise to the off position.
3. Remove the regulator coupling nut from the propane tank by turning the coupling nut counter-clockwise.
4. Set the regulator, coupling nut, and gas hose aside.
5. Turn all of the burner knobs to the ‘ignite/high’ setting for 15 minutes in order to bleed any gas from the gas line.
6. Turn all of the main burner control knobs to the off position.
7. Re-attach the regulator coupling nut to the propane tank by turning it clockwise. Open the propane tank gas valve slowly by turning it counter-clockwise until it will no longer turn. Should take about 30 seconds to fully open.

8. Ignite the burners in accordance with the instructions in the Owner’s Manual. Please contact me directly at wecare@nexgrill.com to see about your replacement options for the ignition and to make sure you are getting the proper heat on the grill. Happy Grilling!!-Nexgrill

Original review: May 25, 2018

My experience with this grill has been very good. It's a grill that uses a propane tank which I like. It's easy for me. I've been able to bbq my chicken and my ribs very easily and they came out good. The price of this grill was a little expensive but it has been well worth it. It's easy to store easy to take with you when you want to go camping or tailgating. It's very light to pick up and put in your truck. The only thing that I dislike is the mess that it leaves after I bbq so I have to disassemble the grill so that I could clean it out very good for the next bbq that I will have.

Original review: May 24, 2018

This grill was very useful to me. It allowed me to cook foods I love and I never had any problems with it. It has also lasted me a pretty long time and I'm glad for that. The features it has gives me all I need. I like how it distributes the heat and gives me an even cook on my food, so it's not undercooked or overcooked. It also allows me to quick start it without a lighter, which is nice. I do however wish that there was more room for when I have a big grill party.

Original review: May 21, 2018

I bought the Gas grill 730-0896B on May 13th for Mother's Day cookout but one part was defective and I was not able to finish assembly and we have to change the plans. When I called customer service they took my number and was told to wait 24-48 hrs for specialist, waited till May 16th and called again, was asked to email a picture of defective part and wait another 24-48 hrs for response, emailed to follow up couple more time and no response. Worst customer service ever or I would say nonexistent. More than a week and still do not know what should I do. Already disposed my old grill.

Nexgrill Gas Grills response

Hello Jan, I am very sorry to hear of your experience and have looked into your case and see that our lead Thomas has assisted you and placed an order for the replacement part. He will follow up with you with tracking information and will be available if you need any further assistance. Thank you -Amanda

Original review: May 21, 2018

Grill lower pan impossible to clean. I have used the grill 2X & want confirmation on which gas briquettes to use. I was told no briquettes. I checked with Home Depot and they stated the rep was in house and they asked. Answer: Not necessary to use.

Nexgrill Gas Grills response

Hi Lee, I apologize for the difficulty with cleaning and can offer some tips on that, please email me at wecare@nexgrill.com. As for briquettes these are not used in our grills, we have the flame tamers which deflect the heat. Thank you -Amanda

Original review: May 20, 2018

Nexgrill 6-burner with ceramic side burner: Cooked some chicken burgers as the first order of business and it went well. Although the temperature gauge did not go over 300, it seemed hot enough to cook the burgers and toast the buns even after I turned off the unit. The burner lit easily but my main issue is that I couldn't get the side burner to work. It was put together by Home Depot and I did smell gas, it just wouldn't light with the ignition or a match. Funny thing is nothing mentioned online so might not be a common issue. I'll check back after I have more experience with it.

Nexgrill Gas Grills response

Hey Eric, Amanda here we can definitely help you out with that side burner and get your main grill past 300 degrees. Email me at wecare@nexgrill.com and we can try out some troubleshooting.

Original review: May 19, 2018

Purchased a Nexgrill from the Home Depot in the early summer of 2016, after having a Weber for 15 years, I decided like an idiot, and go cheap for a bigger grill. The dumbest decision I have ever made. After only a 3 month period, I ended up throwing out the "infrared" grates out, because things would not cook good on them, and they were starting to rust. This year, I pulled the cover off after a long winter, only to find the grates on the grill were rusting to the point of splitting. Burners were also rusting.

I have had to replace burners and grates on my Weber before, but not after a year and a half. Called customer service and since I did not purchase the Home Depot extended warranty, I would have to purchase new grates and burners at a cost of 137 for both. No No, not happening, I will just bite the bullet, and go back to a Weber. Also looking at their reviews now, seems like they only care about the ones which talk about fire hazards. Oh well, you make money to spend money, just never again on a Nexgrill.

Nexgrill Gas Grills response

Hi George, Amanda here from Nexgrill, I am very sorry to hear about the experience you have had with your grill and customer service. I would love to turn this around for you. Please email me directly at wecare@nexgrill.com with your model and serial number. Thank you -Amanda

Original review: May 13, 2018

Beyond disappointed. This is by far the worst grill I’ve ever used. It does not heat up. When I try to ignite the last 2 burners they all go out. The hottest temperature I have been able to get with the burners on high is 250 degrees. The only good use for this grill at this point is to go for scrap metal.

Nexgrill Gas Grills response

Hello Leigh, I believe you have a pressure problem which stems from the regulator. Sometimes air bubbles form inside the regulator hose and block up the flow of gas. Please email me directly at wecare@nexgrill.com with your model/serial number and I can provide troubleshooting. Thank you - Amanda

Nexgrill Gas Grills expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Nexgrill has gas grills for every kind of grillmaster. Whether you enjoy traditional favorites like burgers and hot dogs or are more of an experimental chef, you can find a Nexgrill to meet your needs. Sizes range from portable table to grills to 6-burner grills that can feed a crowd.

• Grills for every price range: Nexgrill’s gas grills range in price from $99-$699. Their portable and cart grills are the least expensive and are available as either gas or charcoal grills.

• Grills for entertaining: If you enjoy hosting barbecues for your friends and family, you’ll want to check out Nexgrill’s selection of 5- and 6-burner grills. For instance, model 720-0896C is a 6-burner grill with searing side burner and rotisserie kit that cost $699.

• Flexible cooking options: Some Nexgrill grills combine direct and infrared heat to give you several options for preparing your food. Model 720-0882A, the Evolution Infrared Plus is a 5-burner gas grill with a stainless steel side burner that allows you to grill traditionally or to slide in infrared plates for a slow-cooking heat. It is $399.

• Get great recipes: Sign up for Nexgrill’s email list or check out their website for great grilling recipes that can make you a hit at your next barbecue.

• Accessories: Find all the accessories you need to make your next meal a masterpiece on Nexgrill’s website. These include everything from spatulas to grill covers. You can use Amazon pay for an easy checkout experience.

• Best for: Nexgrill grills are good for apartment dwellers, travelers and homeowners.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs