It's that easy Request Information
2.52/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Looking for a new grill or to upgrade your grilling accessories? Nexgrill offers a wide variety of grills in order to help you find the one that best fits your needs and budget. Not only will you find the perfect grill, but you will be able to browse and select from a wide selection of accessories. Need ideas for next cookout? Check out our free recipes on our website! Contact us today or visit our website to learn more about our products!

Nexgrill Gas Grills Video
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

158 Nexgrill Gas Grills Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

I ordered a stationary wheel on a grill that was missing on the grill that I bought. I ordered the stationary wheel & repeated it 3 times, to get it right. The packing list states the same. I get the wheel in the mail... it's a swivel wheel caster. Now I have to send it back and try to get the correct wheel in my hands so I can use this grill. I shouldn't have had to pay for the part, as it was missing. But the phone clerk stated that I bought the grill as is & I had to call to get one, but it should be free. The phone clerk said no, I had to pay for it... whatever... just get me the correct one, damn it.

Nexgrill Gas Grills response

Hello Harold, Robert from Nexgrill here. I am sorry we sent the wrong caster. I was able to locate your order and see that the correct part was ordered but it must have been a miss pick or we have the wrong item in it’s place. I am going to look further into it and order the part correctly again, but I will make sure it is the correct one. If you have further questions, please feel free to contact me at wecare@nexgrill.com

Get expert buying tips about Barbecue Grills delivered to your inbox.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

We purchased our grill over a year ago and it worked ok. Recently it began to show quite a bit of rust on several parts. I was not concerned because grills typically will rust if frequently used. I logged on to MyGrillParts.com to order replacement parts. Order number **. Dealt with two separate employees over a 1 month period. Both of the employees clearly did not care whether they supported NexGrill or its customers and bordered on being rude. On top of that, these were basic parts which should have been in stock but were not for over a month even though you had to call to find out because the order just stays in pending fulfillment status. Because of the experience, I ended up just canceling the order and plan to dispose of the Grill and find a grill that is not produced by NexGrill to see if we can get good service when needed. Sure wish I had read the reviews before buying... Wasted money instead.

Nexgrill Gas Grills response

Hello Jeff, Robert from Nexgrill here. I am so sorry the parts you were lookin g for were backordered. We do value you as a customer and do care about the service you received. Even if items are on back order, which on popular items can happen, we should still give stellar customer service. I would like to speak to you directly to see if you still have your grill. Please contact me at wecare@nexgrill.com

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

3rd trip to Home Depot for a replacement propane hose and regulator. All 3 leaked, best I could get are small bubbles but these are not to leak. Love my Nexgrill, can't use now. Not happy. More specific; IT LEAKS.

Nexgrill Gas Grills response

Hello Robert, Robert from Nexgrill here. I am sorry you are having difficulties with the regulator. I was wondering what regulators you purchased since most of our grills use specifics regulators, either way they should not leak. Please contact me directly at wecare@nexgrill.com

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

Since February, 2018 I have been trying to get a replacement grease tray as mine is rusting away. Twice my order has been verbally taken and twice I have been notified later by e-mail that the part is "out of stock". I have e-mailed and spoken with several Nexgrill representatives to no avail. I do get nervous cooking while I look down at the propane bottle through the rust hole in my grease tray.

Nexgrill Gas Grills response

Hello Jack, Robert from Nexgrill here. I am so sorry the grease tray is out of stock. You should not have had to wait so long . The grease tray is an important functional part of the grill and should be replaced and available. I want to look into your case to see if I can expedite your order. Please contact me directly at wecare@nexgrill.com. Happy grilling-Nexgrill

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

I bought the grill in April; it was fairly easy to assemble, and works fine; however, the igniter stopped working. I put a brand new one in but it still doesn't work. I like the grill, but I'm very frustrated. I have to be careful lighting it manually because it tends to really pop. I am hoping that there's an easy fix. Other than this problem, I like it.

Nexgrill Gas Grills response

Hello Jim, Robert from Nexgrill here. Thank you for reaching out to us regarding the ignition on your grill. I would like to speak to you directly to investigate why the modules are not sparking so you don’t have to match light your grill. Please contact us directly at wecare@nexgrill.com. Happy Grilling!!!-Nexgrill

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nexgrill Gas Grills?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

In late May 2018 we went to Home Depot to look for a new gas grill. The sales associate told me all the great things about the Nexgrill infrared revolution plus, so we bought it. What he neglected to tell me was all the problems we would be having. I should have come here to check the reviews first. Rust, uneven cooking, inconsistent temperatures. I have been in contact with Nexgrill over the phone and in email to no satisfaction. I'm guessing next year I'll be going to Lowe's to get a new grill. And I suggest Nexgrill tells Home Depot to not put the grills together...they do a poor job. Do not recommend!

Nexgrill Gas Grills response

Hello Raymond, Robert from Nexgrill here. Thank you for your review and letting us know about your situation. I was able to find your case and noticed that we sent you out replacement burners and heat plates. Remember that the heat plates are stainless steel and heat will discolor them, but you can keep them fresh by cleaning them with oven cleaner to take off the tough baked on grease and line them with a thin layer of canola oil to keep them fresh. If you have additional feedback, please fee free to contact me directly at wecare@nexgrill.com.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

I went to my local Home Depot this summer and bought this grill thinking it would be a good grill. I was very wrong. I can’t even use this grill on the lowest setting without having a huge fire/ flame problem in which flames are sometimes over 4 ft high from the cooking area up. I have used it only a few times and each time I come close to getting burned each time. My friend and I have burned the hair on our arms trying to cook with it. I clean it before and after each use. I was a volunteer firefighter for 10 yrs and believe this grill is a huge fire risk. I thankfully use my grill out in the wide open with nothing near it, otherwise this last time using it would have caught my house on fire.

Nexgrill Gas Grills response

Hello Steve, Robert from Nexgrill here. I am so sorry you are experiencing high flames on your grill. I have never heard of 4 feet flames coming out of any grill and I advise not to use the grill if that is the case until I speak to you directly. I am hoping you meant 4 inches which sounds more like it. It sounds like maybe you are having a regulator issue. I would like to speak to you directly to get more insight on what is going on and try to resolve it. Please contact me directly at wecare@nexgrill.com Happy Grilling!!!-Nexgrill

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

I have posted a couple of reviews expressing my frustration with Nexgrill failure to ship my parts order. Now after a few increasingly assertive emails and phone calls, I finally spoke to someone who understood my issue. She immediately shipped the part(s). So, Thank you is appropriate. My small Nexgrill and my large Nexgrill is cooking up a storm for Labor day get together. Now I must get back to the grills before next batch overcooks.

Nexgrill Gas Grills response

Hello Melvin, Robert from Nexgrill here. Thank you for taking time to review our grill and letting us know about the issue you had getting your parts. I am glad one of our reps were able to resolve it for you to get you grilling in time for Labor day, Happy Grilling!!!-Nexgrill

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

I purchased this grill at Home Depot and had them load it in my vehicle for transport home. I got home and realized that the unit they sold me had a bent lid and grill box. Neither HD or Nexgrill would replace it, as both blamed the other party for responsibility. Cooking on it is very difficult, as the burners are unable to be accurately managed. They are not able to produce an even temperature, and the food on the right side is always fine while the left side is still raw. While the first few times I used it, it would heat up real fast, but after about 5-10 uses it struggles to reach 300*, and won't go over 320*.

I clean it after every use, and the flavorizer tents are rusted, warped and by no means deflect grease for flare ups. I use the grill about 3 times a week, and I have a grease fire at least twice a week (is summer time and we cook a lot of burgers and sausage in the summer). My last grill lasted me 7 years and I only had 1 grease fire; this grill has made having a fire a part of the normal cooking routine. I have read a lot of the reviews, and many of them have the same complaints that I do, and a lot of the heating problems seem to stem from the regulators being a problem as indicated by Nexgrill staff. I have never been so disappointed in a grill. It is complete garbage, and would not recommend it to anyone. I'd love to be able to return it for a quality grill, but HD won't take it back. I feel like they're telling me, "It's your problem now, we don't want them back."

Nexgrill Gas Grills response
Hello Christopher, Robert from Nexgrill here. I am sorry you are having difficulties with your grill. I tried to find you in our system and could not find any record. Our regulators do not have any issues, they do have a safety valve in them that is required by the CSA. When it is triggered, it restricts gas flow to the grill. It can be triggered in many ways but typically it is by turning the propane tank too fast, an over pressurized tank, or not disconnecting the propane tank from the regulator after each use. Please follow these instructions to reset the regulator to get you grilling again. 1. Turn all of the main burner control knobs to the off position.
2. Turn the propane tank gas valve clockwise to the off position.
3. Remove the regulator coupling nut from the propane tank by turning the coupling nut counter-clockwise.
4. Set the regulator, coupling nut, and gas hose aside.
5. Turn all of the burner knobs to the ‘ignite/high’ setting for 15 minutes in order to bleed any gas from the gas line.
6. Turn all of the main burner control knobs to the off position.
7. Re-attach the regulator coupling nut to the propane tank by turning it clockwise. Open the propane tank gas valve slowly by turning it counter-clockwise until it will no longer turn. Should take about 30 seconds to fully open.
8. Ignite the burners in accordance with the instructions in the Owner’s Manual.

I would also like to speak to you directly to look into the damage on the grill nd maybe get some pictures. Please contact me directly at wecare@nexgrill.com so I can look further into it. Happy Grilling!!!-Nexgrill

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

Bought my 4-burner Nexgrill from Home Depot in May 2016 on the recommendation of Consumer Reports. By May 2018, about 2 years, it needed to be replaced. My wife and I use it rarely more than 3 times per week - Saturday burgers, Sunday breakfast and Sunday dinner. Heating has always been uneven. The burners and tents corroded and burned through (holes). All need to be replaced. I ordered new burners and tents. I replaced the tents, but it is impossible to disconnect the igniter from the burner. Because of this, I have disconnected one of the igniters and replaced only one of the burners.

I am now lighting it manually and waiting for the other burners to completely fall apart before replacing them. It won't be long. Both cooking grids are coming apart. The welds are breaking and the rods are completely falling off. They need to be replaced. And, when I cleaned the grill today, I noted that the grease tray is dished (bending) and the edges are corroding off. It needs to be replaced. Very disappointed and in the market for a new grill.

Nexgrill Gas Grills response

Hello, Robert from Nexgrill here. I am sorry you have had difficulties with your grill. All of our grills come with some kind of warranty and I would like see what grill you have to look into your warranty to see if the parts are covered. Also, since the grill is a high performer and seems to be used a lot, sometimes the screws can get heat welded onto the burner and just need a little force to be taken off. Please contact me directly at wecare@nexgrill.com so I can see about your warranty and some tips on how to take off those screws. Happy Grilling!!-Nexgrill

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

I like the way that the grill is used and that it comforts me. I like that it seasons the food well and keeps it moist and juicy. I like that it is durable and reliable and comforting also. When it is hot outside, the grill helps to prepare the food. However, I want the grill to have the following features include a digital thermometer where I can know the temperature of the food. I also would like to have a handle that would be easy to transport from one place to another. One other feature is the broiler rack that can hold a lot of weight and different types of food. Another feature I like is the top that is the lid. It is strong and does not fold under pressure when the weather is bad. One thing I dislike is the weight of the grill. The grill seems to be too heavy to pick up.

Nexgrill Gas Grills response

Hello James, Robert from Nexgrill here. Thank you so much for your review and providing valuable feedback. We are always looking for ways to improve our products and customer feedback is our best tool in finding out what our customer want from their grills. Happy Grilling!!!-Nexgrill

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

Overall, I have been pleasantly surprised with my Nexgrill barbeque grill. So far, so good. It has operated well and has not been hard to maintain, which is great. I love that it is easy to use and has a lot of different grilling functionalities and heat settings that are great to use on different meats. But maybe they could get the grill to heat up faster and more consistently. Also, make it cheaper.

Nexgrill Gas Grills response

Hello Grace, Robert from Nexgrill here. I am so happy you are enjoying our grill and use it on many different meats. Happy Grilling!!-Nexgrill

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

Great grill for outdoor barbequeing with family and friends on the weekends. Can cook almost anything on it including fish and vegetables too. Perfect grill that's very durable and well made. Does not rust in the rain and is mostly non stick. Cooks evenly and perfectly every time around and has a great smoker too. But it is a bit expensive. If they offered a discount or mail in rebate it could be a lot better for many to afford.

Nexgrill Gas Grills response

Hello Jerome, Robert from Nexgrill here. Thank you for taking time to review our grill and providing feedback about the performance and pricing. We value your feedback are always using customer feedback to improve our products. Happy Grilling!!!-Nexgrill

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

We have 3 Nexgrills in different locations. Have been satisfied with price/value proposition. Now I need a "diffuser" part which is on available parts list. I have hard copy of the order placed 6/11. Have not received. Paid by Paypal. Customer service cannot be reached by phone, only recorded announcement. Customer service does not reply to previous emails. FWIW, we have recommended the brand to others who have bought the products. This experience has compromised the confidence in the products of this company. Is it true they also own Jenn-Air? We have one of their stovetops also.

Nexgrill Gas Grills response

Hello Melvin, thank you for emailing me the information we are checking with our parts department on this and will be following up shortly. Thank you - Amanda

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

Well I am back with another review of this same grill. The company's response initially worked. So I wrote a review stating that the grill was fixed. That only lasted 2 more uses. Then it would not start at all. So emailed the same person from the company who replied to my initial issue, Amanda. She replies, "Hello Cliff, I am sorry to hear the reset is not working, this means the regulator needs to be replaced which is an easy fix. Please send me below information and I can send you out a replacement at no charge under warranty." We supply the information requested. Apparently that still is not enough. So I am stuck with a grill that I have used a handful of times. Which needed repairs for those few times. Not sure how this company calls this customer service. I wish that I had read the reviews here before I bought this.

Nexgrill Gas Grills response

Hello Cliff, I have responded to your email about the requested information, unfortunately I did not receive a copy of the receipt showing the purchase as requested to verify warranty. We want to send you out a new regulator and get you back to grilling just following the process. Please respond to my email and we can get this corrected. Thank you - Amanda

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

This is a great grill. It cooks food evenly on all sides, and comes out tasting great. We have used it for several barbecues already, and have been very impressed with it. Nexgrill has many great features. It has five burners, including a side burner. It has automatic ignition start, and had a wide cooking space that fits up to 23 hamburgers at one time. Change the cooking size though, and make it a little bigger. Also, add a second side burner, and a roasting feature.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

Bought my Nexgrill from Home Depot last summer and ever since it's been catching on fire even after cleaning. Every time we get a new tank and turn it on the heat will not go past 350 degrees. When the propane is almost out it goes up to 900 degrees and catches on fire. We have bought new tanks and replaced full ones and nothing works. There is something faulty about this BBQ.

Hello Brittney,

Thank you for reaching out I do apologize for the difficulty you have had with the gas on your unit. Can you please email me directly at wecare@nexgrill.com with your serial number and contact information and I can help you get this corrected. Thanks you - Amanda

Original review: July 30, 2018

I love all the features on this grill, especially the racks holds a lot of different foods. It has many function for a great bbq, to relax and enjoy. Would love to get some grill advisories for the grill in a bag and I have to go to the store to get them. Would also love to get some grill assorted products that are the same brand. Overall, it's great to use. Would definitely buy another grill of this brand.

Nexgrill Gas Grills response

Thanks Elizabeth and welcome to the family, check out your local Home Depot for a large selection of Nexgrill accessories.

Original review: July 25, 2018

Igniter stopped working this season. I tried everything then contacted Nexgrill for new igniter part. It took three rounds of continuous "back order" status before they finally admitted that we have no idea when the part will be available! Two months of match lighting and no satisfaction from Nexgrill customer service.

Nexgrill Gas Grills response

Hello Michele, Thank you so much for reaching out I am very sorry to hear of the wait you have had to experience. You have been corresponding with our parts department directly to whom I have reached out. They informed me the part will be in shortly 8/9/18 and they are going to waive shipping and handling and send it out ground to get to you faster. They will be following up with you via phone today. Please let me know if you need any further assistance by emailing me at wecare@nexgrill.com Thank you - Amanda

Original review: July 25, 2018

The Nexgrill barbecue grill is the best grill I have ever bought in my life. I love grilling in the weekends and this grill gets me excited. I would love to own another Nexgrill and I am very satisfied with my grill. I like that my Nexgrill comes with a very unique design and helps for maintaining and keeping the grill clean at all times.

Nexgrill Gas Grills response

Welcome to the Family AC, Happy Grilling!

Original review: July 24, 2018

It was great and the food came out good. I would totally recommend this to all my friends and family if you're looking for one of the best grills around to and this one is the best decision you can make.

Nexgrill Gas Grills response

Hey Doug thanks so much for sharing, enjoy your grill!

Original review: July 23, 2018

My grill has worked great so far. I've had it for about 6 months and no problems. Live in South Carolina so there's lots of humidity and the outside looks great.

Nexgrill Gas Grills response

Thanks so much for sharing Theresa, Happy Grilling!

Original review: July 21, 2018

I bought a 4 burner Nexgrill from Home Depot, all stainless steel. This was the first grill I bought on impulse. I have had it for about a year and it is still working the same since I bought it. I like the size of the grill. It does not take up too much space, but I have plenty of room for shish kabobs, which makes me happy inside. I am happy that I was able to buy a full working grill for $200, I used it at least 30 times and for a few big parties. However, the initial setup for the grill was a pain in the behind, and I think my igniter might be going out. Overall I got what I paid for, I wasn't expecting a $200 grill to last very long anyway. When my grill finally goes out I will spend more time and money on a Grill.

Nexgrill Gas Grills response

Welcome to the Family Joseph, Happy Grilling!

Original review: July 20, 2018

It was a good working grill and it met every one of my and my friends needs and wants. There was the grill well function which boosted the temperature by several degrees and it charred the meat to my satisfaction. I found myself cooking with this grill much more than I had wanted. My friends have complimented on the functions of the grill as well. Nexgrill is both amazing and much better than compared to the competitors. It was a very good purchase and I had been very pleased with it.

Nexgrill Gas Grills response

Thanks so much Brya, Happy Grilling!

Original review: July 19, 2018

We purchased our grill (Nexgrill Evolution) May of this year. We are having problems with fires continuously. We change and clean the grill after every use. Fires are getting dangerous. Very Disappointed as we thought we had done our research.

Nexgrill Gas Grills response

Hello Gemma, thank you for reaching out I am very sorry to hear of your experience and would like to turn that around for you. Please email me at wecare@nexgrill.com with your serial number and type of gas you are running the unit on. Thank you - Amanda

Original review: July 18, 2018

After two months of no issues the grill no longer gets very hot. Before with just one burner on the grill would heat up 400 degrees quickly. Now with one burner on it struggles to get to 300 degrees after 15min with the lid closed the whole time. I have lit a second and then a third burner and after 20 min it finally got 320 degrees. But that is high as it gets no matter how long I wait for it to heat up. Very disappointed.

Nexgrill Gas Grills response

Hello Cliff, thank you for reaching out my apologies for the low flame issue you are experiencing. It sounds like the bypass mode in the regulator has been tripped and is not allowing enough gas to flow through to the unit. Can you please email me at wecare@nexgrill.com with your model and serial number and I can provide troubleshooting. Thank you - Amanda

Original review: July 17, 2018

We recently purchased a Nexgrill 4-Burner from Costco. The BBQ gets too hot too fast. We set the control knobs as low as they can go and the temperature gauge continues to rise up. We cannot cook our food without have the main lid open to let the heat out - and this is on its lowest setting.

Nexgrill Gas Grills response

Hi Landry, I am sorry to hear of your experience and would like to get this corrected for you. Can you please email me at wecare@nexgrill.com with the serial number and type of gas you are running the unit on. Thank you - Amanda

Original review: July 16, 2018

Purchased Jenn-Air brand, (now owned by Nexgrill) gas grill model # 720-0099-NG 8 years ago for almost $1000. Already had to change out the burners. The control panel was also getting very hot and found out that the brass orifices are also defective and cracking apart causing a flame close to the control knobs. Nexgrill said that they won't stand behind the defective parts even though it's a serious fire hazard from a part that should never need to be replaced or require any maintenance. Very disappointed, and won't purchase any Jenn-Air products or any gas grills owned by Nexgrill in the future.

Nexgrill Gas Grills response

Hello Jim, thank you for reaching out your main burners have a lifetime warranty you are only liable for shipping and handling. For the gas components there is a 1 year warranty so if there is a crack it would be considered wear and tear and is out of the warranty time frame. I was unable to find you by name in any of our systems, if you have a previous order number I would be happy to look into this for you. Please email me directly at wecare@nexgrill.com

Original review: July 16, 2018

I bought the 4 burner Nexgrill BBQ last week, and used it for the first time this past weekend, the fire was really low and took 35 minutes to cook some small burgers. Checked the pressure coming from the propane tank, and was turned at full, as well as the dials on the BBQ which were turned at max heat. The most temperature that it reached was 300 deg, nothing more, and even that took quite a bit of time. Extremely disappointed in this, especially when it's a brand new BBQ.

Nexgrill Gas Grills response

Hi Anca, thank you for reaching my apologies for the experience you are having with your new grill. It sounds like a pressure problem with the gas which stems from the regulator. Can you please email me at wecare@nexgrill.com with your serial number and I can send you some simple troubleshooting steps. Thanks - Amanda

Original review: July 16, 2018

Bought a Nexgrill 6 burner grill about a month ago, assembled from my local Home Depot. After using it 3-4 times, I feel like I have no control over the burner flame. Even on the lowest setting, the flame seems to be out of control and incredibly high. I am not able to keep the temperature down below 600 degrees F even at the lowest burner settings. Just tried cooking 8 hamburgers on the grill this week, and the flare ups were so bad that the burgers were burnt. Extremely disappointed at the performance of the Nexgrill 6 burner grill.

Nexgrill Gas Grills response
Hi Mark, I am very sorry to hear of your experience and would like to offer some troubleshooting to correct this for you and get you back to a positive grilling experience. Can you please email me at wecare@nexgrill.com with your serial number and type of gas you are running the unit on.

Thanks - Amanda

Nexgrill Gas Grills expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Nexgrill has gas grills for every kind of grillmaster. Whether you enjoy traditional favorites like burgers and hot dogs or are more of an experimental chef, you can find a Nexgrill to meet your needs. Sizes range from portable table to grills to 6-burner grills that can feed a crowd.

• Grills for every price range: Nexgrill’s gas grills range in price from $99-$699. Their portable and cart grills are the least expensive and are available as either gas or charcoal grills.

• Grills for entertaining: If you enjoy hosting barbecues for your friends and family, you’ll want to check out Nexgrill’s selection of 5- and 6-burner grills. For instance, model 720-0896C is a 6-burner grill with searing side burner and rotisserie kit that cost $699.

• Flexible cooking options: Some Nexgrill grills combine direct and infrared heat to give you several options for preparing your food. Model 720-0882A, the Evolution Infrared Plus is a 5-burner gas grill with a stainless steel side burner that allows you to grill traditionally or to slide in infrared plates for a slow-cooking heat. It is $399.

• Get great recipes: Sign up for Nexgrill’s email list or check out their website for great grilling recipes that can make you a hit at your next barbecue.

• Accessories: Find all the accessories you need to make your next meal a masterpiece on Nexgrill’s website. These include everything from spatulas to grill covers. You can use Amazon pay for an easy checkout experience.

• Best for: Nexgrill grills are good for apartment dwellers, travelers and homeowners.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs