Nexgrill Gas Grills
  • 1 star
Based on 61 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Nexgrill Gas Grills

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 30, 2017

84 Nexgrill Gas Grills Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

How KitchenAid can put their name on this Junk, How Home Depot can sell this Charcoal grill is and how I ever bought this piece of junk... totally amazes me. With few exceptions the grill is made of thin cheap sheet metal. Leave it out and rain drains into the burnt charcoal tray. (And I’m pretty sure that this flimsy tray will rust away in a couple of months.) When the water, the food residue and the charcoal dust mix together it creates a foul mixture.

I learned the hard way... When I attempted to clean out this tray. As it has no structural integrity... no matter what you do the tray distorts and the foul (really foul) slops goes all over the place. To avoid this happening plan on rolling the grill to some obscure location in your backyard. And dump the mess there! (P.S. Putting a waterproof cover on does not work because it takes time for the grill to cold off... and you may want to go to bed before 3:30 AM.) The BEST SOLUTION IS TO NEVER BUY THIS PIECE OF JUNK IN THE FIRST PLACE!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

We purchased our five burner Nexgrill the end of October 2016 and didn't use it 'til this summer, 2017. Every time we use it we get flareups and everything catches on Fire!! Even when we cook on low, we still have flare ups. We notice the grease accumulates on the burner covers and does drip away. We scrape away any debris on the burner covers, but still end up with burnt food! Worse grill we ever had!!! Will never buy another Nexgrill. Wish they still made the gas grills with the ceramic briquettes. They worked great!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

4 burner BBQ - I recently ran into a near fire with this unit after my son (mature 30 years+) overheated the unit, lightly burnt himself and nearly burned down the nearby fence. It had been upgraded to NG many months before but had not been used much. I have found there is no mechanism to limit flame heat beyond ineffective heat control knobs, that the igniter holes on the burner seems to create hot spots and contribute to misdistributing the heat.

Customer Support tried to push back to a "unit recall" that I already undertook last year via an upgrade kit. They did not seem to mind much that I would have to also redo the NG upgrade and that Costco may not be too keen to handle this out of warranty, especially after I went through the upgrade kit. I have contacted Costco for this to get sorted out. And I am adding "Customer Support" pressure by filing this. The unit behave relatively OK otherwise for over two years under propane.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

Waste of Time and Money is one thing. Fire Hazard I draw the line. I bought a 5 burner NEXGRILL last summer at Home Depot. It looked nice, I especially was drawn to the stainless grates and the flat surface inserts for grilling vegetables and smaller items. I have used less than one tank of propane, I agree with the complaints about not holding heat. THE BIGGER concern were the FIRES - I fear the venting on the box is too great. Contributing to both the loss of cooking heat, and the ability to snuff out flare ups. I don't know NEXGRILL, first experience. I was however shocked by HOME DEPOT'S refusal to honor my return with concern of safety - I left the grill at the store and left with a bitter taste of dissatisfaction.

Nexgrill Gas Grills response

Hello JIm, Amanda here with Nexgrill thank you for reaching out. I apologize about the issues you are experiencing and would like to know more about your unit and to see how we can asssist you. Please email me directly at nxgcares@nexgrill.com, I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you!

Original review: July 13, 2017

Bought the stainless steel, 4 burner grill from Sam's Club 2 years and 3 months ago. Always kept clean and covered but inside firebox is rusted to the point that brackets for flame tamers are falling off and cooking grids are falling apart. Now they have a 3 year warranty on the grids but they tell me that I must pay $18 for shipping and then there is a $10 oversized fee for "each" of the 3 grids that are 10" wide and 17" long for a total of $48 for shipping. I paid $399 for the grill which would be well worth the shipping if they weren't trying to gouge shipping cost and that if the firebox wasn't near rusting out... Very poor quality and poor customer service from Nexgrill, definitely wouldn't buy or recommend these great looking cheap grills!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nexgrill?

Original review: July 10, 2017

Their website is difficult to understand and to navigate. I finally figured out how to find what I needed and placed an order on 6/8/17. Silly me, I thought I that would be plenty of time to get my parts and repair our grill before out planned bbq of 6/25/17. Unfortunately, this didn't happen. The order didn't even ship until 6/20/17, almost TWO WEEKS after being placed, then I didn't receive it until 6/27/17, almost THREE WEEKS after placing the order.

I then realized that, what I had assumed was a 4 piece package (shame on me, we all know what happens when one assumes) was only a 1 piece package, and that I should have ordered 4 of each part (burner and flame tamer), at a cost of almost $200. I could have purchased a brand new grill for that amount! I had ended up going to Lowe's and finding what I needed, at a lower cost and no shipping.

I then contacted Nexgrill for a return authorization on 7/3/17. I received a reply from them on the same day, saying that I should have my authorization within 24-48 hours. Being that it was a holiday week, I gave them the benefit of the doubt and waited patiently, hoping I would have the authorization by at least 7/7. Nope, no luck. Checked my email this morning (7/10) and still no authorization. I had to call Customer Service to get the authorization. AND I will have to pay for shipping to return it to them. I am extremely dissatisfied with their snail-paced service and will never use them again.

Original review: July 7, 2017

This must be the lowest grade of stainless ever made. I can't believe this thing is rusting 12 hours after first use. At this rate, it will be going to the dump before the summer is over. When we finished cooking, we turned up heat for 5 min to burn off grease, and when it was cool, it was covered with a grill cover, and stored under patio roof. The next morning, many areas are rusty. What a piece of junk. My old Sunbeam lasted 15 years.

Original review: June 12, 2017
This thing is junk. Worked 1 time then caught fire. When I contacted customer service they had me send approx. 10 pics of damage. By third week I called and was told by the customer service rep that it looked like a grease fire. The fire burned 3 of the 5 burners and scorched the front of the grill. Glad it wasn't near the house. Customer service is making this out to be my fault. The area where fire was is a pre assembled part of the grill. I asked to have that replaced and would reassemble grill. I was told that this was not a replaceable part, that if warranted they would send me the other parts to reassemble grill. That's some b.s.

I would recommend you stay away from this grill.

Original review: June 12, 2017

I was needing to return 2 parts from my grill that I thought were overpriced. I was 2 months past the 30-day return date. Speaking with Veronica I told her what I was wanting and the reason why and she said no problem. She was going to issue me a Return Authorization Number but I was going to have to pay for the shipping. Then I told her that I was past the 30-day return policy. The phone went quiet, then I explained why I was so late on calling. She said "I am going to put you on hold". I was thinking I should have kept my mouth shut. But I needed to be Honest. Veronica came back on the phone and told me that their company was going to refund my money back to me and for me to donate the parts or trash them. I was so surprised by that response. I gave the parts to my neighbor who saving them from that raining day. That is outstanding customer service from Veronica and the Nexgrill Parts team. Thank you.

Original review: June 6, 2017

We've had our grill for about 18 months. It's never worked well. We should've returned it right away. It's beautiful on the outside, but it doesn't grill food without starting on fire. Any meat we've tried -- burgers, pork, chicken -- flames up and burns everything. The only temperature you can cook at is low and it takes FOREVER. It's a piece of junk. We can't even resell it with a good conscience knowing it could seriously injure or start someone's house on fire.

Original review: May 13, 2017

I purchased a Nexgrill small two burner grill a month ago from a seller of Craigslist for $80. The first time I used the grill it took 45 minutes to cook three pork chops. That is normally about 5 minutes per side when I cooked them on my old grill. That is absolutely ridiculous! I cleaned out the burners and the plates that distribute the flames. I cooked again on it and had the same results. This is not a defect. This is the way this model is made. Not to mention the cheap metal used for the construction of the grill. I am very dissatisfied! I am thankful that I didn't pay full price for this product.

Original review: May 2, 2017

I bought one from the orange box store at the end of March. Everything seemed to work, however when I had a houseful of people last weekend, the grill would not heat beyond 200. Tried the gas valve reset of disconnecting the tank, purging the lines, turning everything on slowly... No luck. When I started, three burners would light. Trying to light the fourth would shut the gas down. Ran through the routine a few more times and could get four burners to light. After trying to call Nexgrill, I packed it up, back to the store and bought another brand. The difference is amazing, much heavier material, better construction... All in all worth the extra money. My advice... Skip the Nexgrill junk and get something a little (or lot) more expensive. Also, watch out for other brands such as KitchenAid. Look for a product number like , it's a variation of Nexgrill.

Original review: April 21, 2017

Slightly over a month use of the grill, the temp gauge was not working anymore, the igniter or burner was not working too. It was supposed to be electronic but I have to manually light it. I called Home Depot 'cause I purchased it from them with an extended warranty. Unfortunately they won't help at all instead pass you to Nexgrill manufacturer. It was a big mistake I bought this substandard product. The only thing Nexgrill does is send you all the parts and installation will be on me. If I install it wrong it will no longer be their concern. Very bad product, very bad service. I strongly discourage everyone to buy this substandard product.

Original review: March 18, 2017

I purchased my Nexgrill Evolution from Home Depot for Father's day. The grill worked great 1 time. This grill does not get hot enough to cook on. It is awful. I contacted the manufacturer and they charged me for replacement part which I had to install. The grill still did not get hot. I called the manufacturer again. They want to charge me again for another part. All of which they are just guessing about. While talking to Nexgrill I can overhear conversation of others making the same complaints as I. Do NOT buy this grill.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2016

My husband and I bought our first home in 2015. Bought a brand new Nexgrill. Not even a year and a half later the grill has caught on fire 3 times catching our new patio and screen on fire. Called Nexgrill to try and get a new grill or at least some money off to purchase another grill and they won't do anything!! Not even asking them or wanting them to replace any personal things that were ruined! Do not buy the grill. It overheats. Why have 4 burners if you can't use them!

Original review: July 21, 2016

I recently purchased what seemed to be an attractive, functional and well priced NEXGRILL brand outdoor grill at HOME DEPOT. Keep away from it, cheap material, rusted in less than a month although under cover. They are not worth anything... otherwise happy grilling!

Original review: May 25, 2016

This company sucks. I bought a grill from Walmart, a BHG grill made by Nexgrill. The thermostat was not installed. After getting it home, hooking it up I started to install the thermostat and found it was broke into several pcs. So the manual said to contact Nexgrill, do not take it back to the store. To make a long story short 3 hrs later and talking with 2 different reps faxing receipt, they said I had to load it up and take it back to the store. Sad part was Walmart made me bring it back instead of just giving me a thermostat. I will never buy a Nexgrill made product and I am going to stay away from Walmart too.

Original review: April 26, 2016

STEER CLEAR OF NEXGRILL... Chinese Junk metal... I bought this grill when I moved into my new house In December 2011 and it was a 2012 model. I used it very little. It was located under a large covered patio WITH A COVER when not in use and it was never abused. When you look at the grill it appears in super condition. The inside the grill bowl was ERODED by the HEAT from the Main Burner and by the one to the left. The one with the most holes are under the main burner. The burner to the left I noticed also has smaller holes... I did not see those until I put the backlight under it. Those were the most used burners, I saw no issues with the other two which were rarely used. But the observation was that the holes were aligned with the length both those burners proving that it was clearly heat erosion.

In all honesty the grill was lightly used in the summer time by myself or my wife. We thought when we bought a Grill with a KitchenAid name that by our experience was associated with good quality, all of our kitchen appliances are Kitchenaid and we very satisfied. So, needless to say I was really taken back when I saw all those holes. I mean I paid $550.00+ for this grill and would think it should withstand at least 500 degrees and would be built with a better quality metal. I owned a Ducane for nearly 13 years and never a problem other than burners and Lava rocks.

When I called Nexgrill customer support I explained just what I stated above they said it was out of warranty and the grill was now considered junk... and they were sorry and they did not have the part I need to replace it. Can you believe that... a $550+. SAVE YOUR MONEY and steer clear of Nexgrill. I will never NEVER buy another one again and I will tell EVERYONE I know, even the ones I see in Home Depot, Lowes, Sams Club and Costco looking at those grills and I know what they all look like.

Original review: April 18, 2016

Nexgrill Evolution Infared Plus grill - Just purchased the grill about a month ago. Love it - but it takes over an hour to clean it after you cook. Even just after cooking two steaks the entire grill is greasy. Need some tips. Not worth using it if I have to spend over an hour cleaning it each time.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2016

I purchased my stainless steel Nexgrill barbecue, model #720/730-0830D, at Costco in July, 2014, and have used it about once a month. The heat from the burners must have caused the light gauge steel of the firebox to expand or become distorted. While I can't visually detect any distortion, I've concluded that it must have happened because the flame tamers, particularly the two in the center are now too short to reach across the box and sit on the little indentations they originally sat on, and just fall down, sideways, onto the burners. I'm sure the flame tamers haven't contracted, becoming shorter, hence my conclusion that the box has expanded or become distorted.

Also, though supposedly made of stainless steel, there are rust stains all over the thing and, lastly, the upper front of the firebox looks like it had been subjected to a blowtorch or welders torch... It is all blueish, like metal gets when it cools after being made red hot. Stay away from these things. Given all the observable flaws, I wouldn't be surprised to learn that they are dangerous also.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2015

I ordered my grill online and received it after 3 weeks. July 2015 I assembled my gas grill in 4 hours. Then I found out the igniter is not working I called Walmart to return it. They say, "Big size item, call the manufacturer." I called Nexgrill and after hours on the phone, they told me that I will receive the replacement of the defected part in one week. Then week passed they say out of stock, it is in back order, wait 3-4 weeks. Then after 4 weeks they say wait another week. Now summer is over, it is December, 5 months passed and now they said wait till February 12, 2016. Been the whole summer lighting my grill it with matches as instructed by Nexgrill. If I read what the rest wrote here, I would've returned this grill that made by scammers from the first day. SHAME ON YOU NEXGRILL.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2015

I purchased my first grill from Sams club years ago and used it for 3 years or so. As the years went by, I noticed the rust beginning, both inside the grill box, where the casters attach to the box and on the exterior welds. When the cooking components needed to be replaced I ordered from Nexgrill and it took an excessive amount of time to arrive... Parts replaced, grill worked OK. Keep in mind, the grill was always covered and cleaned after each use. About 1 year later, I needed to move it and the casters themselves were all seized up. I had enough, I called Sams to see if there was anything they could do to help. The folks at Sams were great actually. They told me to bring the grill back in and they would issue a replacement of whatever they had in stock... Another Nexgrill (Members Mark) unfortunately.

This replacement grill worked great for about the 1st year, then the down hill slide began... The SS grates, actually split exposing what looked like rusty raw iron. I took pictures of this thinking Nexgrill would want to see it, they didnt. All the rude representative could tell me was that I would need to buy replacement grates at full price! Well, I did as that would be much less than buying a new grill. I believe that was about $80 in parts. These lasted maybe another year but now the real fun begins... The burners needed to be replaced, more grates, the regulator, the ignition system. Once again, contacted Nexgrill to see if anything could be done about the QC issues of their product and all I got was more of the same rude feedback.

Fast forward to now... I am again working with Sams who is working with Nexgrill to take this current boat anchor back and just give me a store credit... It cooks 1 chicken breast in about 40 minutes with ALL burners lit (thermometer shows 500+). I had a small Weber before I bought the 1st Nexgrill, have been completely dissatisfied for 9 years or so now and just last weekend purchased another Weber. They stand behind their product, look at the warranties alone to see how the quality compares. Lived and learned.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2015

I am urging everyone to stay clear of Nexgrill products. I purchased what I thought was a Jenn-Air for $1,000. I was meticulous with how I kept my grill but 2 years after purchase the grill caught ON FIRE!! The wiring was faulty which in turn destroyed the rest of my grill. I thought that would be the worst part but my horrible experience with Nexgrill did not start until I tried contacting customer service. I submitted a claim and after two months with not hearing from them and no return phone calls I sent a letter. I was then contacted and was informed I needed more photos for my claim. I submitted additional photos and two weeks later received a call stating I would hear back within 48 hours with their decision. One week later I received a letter from a woman named Maxine (customer service manager), saying they have denied my claim due to neglect.

I cleaned my grill after every use, it was not until it caught on fire when the maintenance stopped. I have worked in Retail my entire life and the key to a good experience is to empathize with the customer and more importantly offer a solution that is a win-win. Not once did this happen with this company. They treated me as if they did not need to help me because they had already made money off of me. I would strongly encourage anyone looking into one of these grills to do research on customer service from Nexgrill. You will see not only is their product horrible and faulty but their customer service (Maxine mentioned multiple times) is even worse. In the end, I did not have the money to buy another $1,000 grill so I asked to place a parts order, they denied me that as well.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2015

After many emails and phone calls they have decided to cancel my order again. Nexgrill clearly does not intend to honor the lifetime warranty on their parts. I just feel so stupid because I was taken in by the Jenn-Air name thinking I was buying quality. Thank you to the other reviewers of this company for helping me understand that what happened wasn't just directed at me.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2015

My gas grill was not working correctly at beginning of summer (June). Took the grill apart and found out the 4 cast iron gas burners were broken, falling apart, etc. I bought the grill in 2007, these are the third set of burners I had installed. I ordered parts from Nexgrill, they told me that they would be in at end of month. Called in early July, they told me that they are still expecting them. Called in early August, they said that they will be in on Aug 28th. Called in early Sept, the burners are on back order, expect them in a couple weeks, please call back. Called in late Sept, they said that they are still on backorder and expect them in 4-6 weeks. Been the whole summer, using grill with 2 out of 4 broken burners and the 2 are marginal at best.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2015

I ordered replacement parts in April. I have yet to receive them. I have called, e-mailed, gone on their website. I have been promised the backordered parts several times. I was finally told they would receive the shipment on August 28 and send them to me immediately. It is almost a month later and still nothing. Customer service doesn't care. They just tell you it will be a few more months. I could have bought a new grill cheaper and had it for the summer grilling season. Shame on Nexgrill. If I could have given less than 1 star I would have.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2015

I DO NOT RECOMMEND BUYING THIS BRAND! I ORDERED PARTS BACK IN APRIL AND STILL DO NOT HAVE THEM AUGUST. I was notified that my parts order was cancelled without a decent explanation. Just got this form type email. "Dear Customer: Thank you for your recent Shop NexGrill order #. We regret that we were not able to ship your item(s) in a timely manner and apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Please note that your credit card has not been charged because we were unable to ship the item(s) requested, and your order has been cancelled. If you have any questions regarding your order, or you would like to replace your order, please email our Customer Service Department at customerservice@shopnexgrill.com or phone us at 1-866-601-5799. Sincerely, Consumer Services Shop NexGrill."

Original review: Aug. 18, 2015

We bought this grill from Costco back in 2008. I didn't like the price, too much for a BBQ. We used it for one outdoor party, and all was well. Cleaned it, covered it and rolled it under the roof of the deck. When we remodeled our kitchen 6 months later we used the BBQ almost for every meal... The more we used it, the more burnt the food became. It was never worth the hassle. Will food be burnt, or not? Sad thing is, we love BBQs. We want to have a outdoor BBQ party, so I lifted the lid to see what I might be able to do - it is no longer in a covered location, but we keep a waterproof cover on it. I removed the grill and what was once metal is more like paper. The gas tubes have broken in half. I basically have an expensive shell of a BBQ. I can't believe we paid so much for this thinking it will last. I would much rather get the cheapest, with no expectation, and replace it year after year.

I believe the best way to vote is with my money, it seems to be the only thing companies and businesses pay attention to. I think I might just dig a hole in the ground, put in logs and stones and have one very old fashioned BBQ. I am very disappointed in the product, if I would have known, I would have kept my $1,000 and fixed my old BBQ. I have no desire to buy a new one, I find I don't trust any companies to deliver what they say they will. It's all advertisements and hype.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2015

This grill cost us $1000 in May of 2012. The stainless parts have a 3 year warranty and after 3 years, the main bowl has rusted through. This is a case of poor quality control and an apathetic approach to customer service. I called Jenn-Air, who told me to call Nexgrill. After explaining that the burner brackets had completely vaporized with rust and there was a gaping hole from front to back in the main bowl, Nexgrill said "sorry, you're 4 months out of warranty and perhaps you should HIRE A WELDER!"

OH YEAH Nexgrill, metal fabrication is exactly the answer to your Chinese manufacturing issues. I spent $1000 on the grill, another $100 on new flame tamers and a parts kit for burners and cooking grids. Then I see it's not safe to operate the grill… the HIGH END grill. So, I will continue to pound social media and anyone who I speak to I'll tell "DON'T buy a Jenn-Air or a Nexgrill!" Hire a welder, gimme a break. Stay away from these manufacturers. Consequences- the buyer is stuck with the problem and the manufacturer doesn't care.

Original review: July 26, 2015

We owned the grill for a while. It was purchased from Lowe's in Lincolnwood, IL. We didn't realize that this was a NexGrill because it is labelled "Jenn Air." We had it for a while, but never realized that the main burners are "spot welded" into place, by three questionable internal weld points. Our middle burner seems to be disconnected so we can't use it to hear the grill.

It seems that the main burners cannot be replaced. We paid around $1000 for a grill that can't be repaired? That seems like cheap construction to me. The package is better than it seems. We were lucky it lasted this long, but it should've lasted much longer for that price. We hope NexGrill will help us. The posts are less than encouraging.

Nexgrill Gas Grills Company Information