1.24/5
Based on 75 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Looking for a new grill or to upgrade your grilling accessories? Nexgrill offers a wide variety of grills in order to help you find the one that best fits your needs and budget. Not only will you find the perfect grill, but you will be able to browse and select from a wide selection of accessories. Need ideas for next cookout? Check out our free recipes on our website! Contact us today or visit our website to learn more about our products!

A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Last updated: May 21, 2018

99 Nexgrill Gas Grills Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Resolution In Progress
Original review: May 21, 2018

Grill lower pan impossible to clean. I have used the grill 2X & want confirmation on which gas briquettes to use. I was told no briquettes. I checked with Home Depot and they stated the rep was in house and they asked. Answer: Not necessary to use.

Nexgrill Gas Grills response

Hi Lee, I apologize for the difficulty with cleaning and can offer some tips on that, please email me at wecare@nexgrill.com. As for briquettes these are not used in our grills, we have the flame tamers which deflect the heat. Thank you -Amanda

Get expert buying tips about Barbecue Grills delivered to your inbox.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: May 20, 2018

Nexgrill 6-burner with ceramic side burner: Cooked some chicken burgers as the first order of business and it went well. Although the temperature gauge did not go over 300, it seemed hot enough to cook the burgers and toast the buns even after I turned off the unit. The burner lit easily but my main issue is that I couldn't get the side burner to work. It was put together by Home Depot and I did smell gas, it just wouldn't light with the ignition or a match. Funny thing is nothing mentioned online so might not be a common issue. I'll check back after I have more experience with it.

Nexgrill Gas Grills response

Hey Eric, Amanda here we can definitely help you out with that side burner and get your main grill past 300 degrees. Email me at wecare@nexgrill.com and we can try out some troubleshooting.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: May 19, 2018

Purchased a Nexgrill from the Home Depot in the early summer of 2016, after having a Weber for 15 years, I decided like an idiot, and go cheap for a bigger grill. The dumbest decision I have ever made. After only a 3 month period, I ended up throwing out the "infrared" grates out, because things would not cook good on them, and they were starting to rust. This year, I pulled the cover off after a long winter, only to find the grates on the grill were rusting to the point of splitting. Burners were also rusting.

I have had to replace burners and grates on my Weber before, but not after a year and a half. Called customer service and since I did not purchase the Home Depot extended warranty, I would have to purchase new grates and burners at a cost of 137 for both. No No, not happening, I will just bite the bullet, and go back to a Weber. Also looking at their reviews now, seems like they only care about the ones which talk about fire hazards. Oh well, you make money to spend money, just never again on a Nexgrill.

Nexgrill Gas Grills response

Hi George, Amanda here from Nexgrill, I am very sorry to hear about the experience you have had with your grill and customer service. I would love to turn this around for you. Please email me directly at wecare@nexgrill.com with your model and serial number. Thank you -Amanda

Resolution In Progress
Original review: May 13, 2018

Beyond disappointed. This is by far the worst grill I’ve ever used. It does not heat up. When I try to ignite the last 2 burners they all go out. The hottest temperature I have been able to get with the burners on high is 250 degrees. The only good use for this grill at this point is to go for scrap metal.

Nexgrill Gas Grills response

Hello Leigh, I believe you have a pressure problem which stems from the regulator. Sometimes air bubbles form inside the regulator hose and block up the flow of gas. Please email me directly at wecare@nexgrill.com with your model/serial number and I can provide troubleshooting. Thank you - Amanda

Original review: May 10, 2018

Igniter quit working 4 weeks after I purchased it from Home Depot. I used the grill once before the igniter quit working. Found igniter push button filled with water and rust. I would recommend not purchasing a Nexgrill product.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nexgrill Gas Grills?

Resolution In Progress
Original review: May 8, 2018

I very mad, disappointed with Nexgrill. We bought a 5 burner Nexgrill grill (Model 729-0888) last summer at Home Depot, I no longer have the receipt. It is the worst grill I’ve ever bought. Every time I grill it flares up, and I mean not just flare up, my house almost caught on fire, the grill is a FIRE HAZARD. On top I always keep the temperature very low, but still flares up and burns the food. It is very dangerous, I’m very scared to use it. Beware of this brand products. They're a waste of money and time. I’ll never buy Nexgrill products ever again.

Original review: May 2, 2018

I am constantly buying parts for Jenn-Air grill and it was an expensive drop-in model. First we noticed that the back of the grill (bottom and back side) warped so much that the flame tamers no longer fit. We ordered new flame tamers at $10+ each (needed 5), paid shipping all to have to cut the old flame tamers, buy a metal cutter, buy a metal rivet gun, and rivet the old flame tamer onto the new frame tamer so it will stay in place. We have replaced and riveted them together several times. Also had to buy new gas tube distributors as they burned through and install those. Also not cheap.

Temperature gauge quit working about a year ago, but not necessary as we are experienced grillers, but just now ordered replacement gauge and outside molding just in case (there was moisture inside the gauge). Also just ordered new stainless steel grill grates. LOOK AT THE PICS - REALLY??? There were not cheap AND shipping, that we had to pay was expensive. I just want to know, who PASSED this as acceptable??? WAIT, I KNOW, it was shipped that way so our WARPED BOTTOM AND BACK BASE would now fit this grate??? Alas, it does not.

We are building a new house with a new drop in grill base and I CAN PROMISE YOU WE WILL NOT BE PAYING FOR JENN-AIR only to get NEXGRILL AT AN EXORBITANT COST AGAIN!!! DO NOT BUY NEXGRILL or JENN-AIR products or expect to keep paying $$$$ for parts and shipment. Keep reading - it get worse!!! One last bit. If a part FAILS WITHIN WARRANTY, they will replace the bad part, but they will not warranty the NEW PART!!! Also forgot to mention that in their terms or on the telephone. Seems to me that Nexgrill/Jenn-Air KNOW that their PARTS FAIL.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: April 29, 2018

My concern is to have something that's unsafe. Fire Hazard I draw the line. I bought a 5 burner NEXGRILL last summer at Home Depot. Like a lot of people called because I only used my grill a few times and, I have used less than one tank of propane, I agree with the complaints about not holding heat. I am very concerned were the FIRES - I fear the venting on the box is too great. When I called Nexgrill they were not shocked and ask for my receipt. I explained it was thrown away. There was zero follow up so I will be taking up to the dump because if I sit it out I don't want someone else to get and burn there's house down. April 29, 2018

Nexgrill Gas Grills response

Hello Alvin, Amanda here with Nexgrill, I am sorry to hear about your recent experience with your grill and customer service and would love to turn it around for you. Can you please email me directly wecare@nexgrill.com with you contact information, model/serial numbers, and an account of your issues.

Amanda

Original review: April 17, 2018

I have had this grill less than a year and it flares up every time I grill. Today was not just a flare up but a FIRE even though the grill was on the lowest heat setting. The fire engulfed the entire grill under the hood and flames were coming out of the sides. I reached under and turned the gas off but the fire continued to grow. I called 911 and ran across the street to get my neighbors husband to help. He put the fire out before the fire dept arrived. I am shocked and appalled at the numerous reports of fires and constant flare ups and Nexgrill's customer service responses.

This grill needs to be recalled like a previous Nexgrill was for being a fire hazard!! Something needs to be done! I was completely shook, shaking and crying. Home Depot is working with me to allow me to return the grill. But I will also be calling their corporate office and filing more complaints. I'm shocked to read the complaints on Home Depot's website about the grill creating not flare ups but an inferno. One man spoke about having to grill with baking soda in hand to fight the fires. Completely disgusting.

Original review: April 8, 2018

When I started the grill the first time all 5 burners lit, I preheated it and shut it off. Went back out about 10 mins later to use it and only 3 burners will light, I have tried lighting it about a dozen different ways but as soon as you have 3 burners going and try to light the last 2 ALL burners go out. I have never been able to use it and had bought it for a family function to which I was hosting and barbecuing steak. Thankfully I still had my old BBQ that is literally falling apart but got the job done. Bought from Home Depot Canada.

Original review: March 25, 2018

I own a 5 burner Nexgrill and it won't stay on while two burners on turned low for slow cooking. Just doesn't have the power I suppose. And you can't control the heat. It's either too hot or too cold regardless of how little you adjust the knobs. And temperature gauge is very inaccurate also. Just a piece of junk. Next time I'll just buy a Holland or Weber!

Original review: March 10, 2018

I put the neat little grill (Nexgrill Evolution 2 burner) together last weekend and cooked a few burgers and hotdogs. I took forever. I grilled vegetables for over an hour and they never did get completely done. I found this review site a bit too late. We are taking it back. It's slower than a crockpot!

Nexgrill Gas Grills response

Hello John, Robert from Nexgrill here. I am sorry you are experiencing what appears to be low temperatures on the nice little 2 burner Evolution grill. The regulator safety mechanism could have been triggered by your propane tank or by opening the tank too quickly. I would like to speak to you directly to provide you with regulator reset instructions so I can get you grilling in no time.800-913-8999 ext. 1169 or email me at Roberto_Ulloa@grillservices.com. Happy Grilling!!!-Nexgrill

Original review: March 10, 2018

I am very dissatisfied with this grill (Evolution Plus) after paying over $400. Every time I use it it flares up! I've did maintenance cleaning on the grease traps in the whole grill. No matter whether or not using the infrared grills any heat over the lowest possible, FLAMES UP. My food doesn't taste well because the whole interior is burnt up! I'm just sick of this grill! I would not recommend buying any Nexgrill products. Wish I could return the one I have only had for less than a year.

Nexgrill Gas Grills response

Hello Jayson, Robert from Nexgrill here. I am sorry you are experiencing flare ups on the grill. I would like to speak to you directly to ask you probing questions so I can get more insight into why you are getting this experience. I cooked this grill this weekend and had a great experience and want you to have the same experience. Please contact me directly at 800-913-8999 ext. 1169 or email me at Roberto_Ulloa@grillservices.com. Happy Grilling!!!-Nexgrill

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

Evolution 5-Burner Propane Gas Grill - It does not heat enough. It takes a long time to reach high temperatures to seal the meat. It has many air intakes and it is not efficient to heat. It loses a lot of heat. I had to seal the air intakes with aluminum foil. The ink of the letters is erased when you wash it. Very small wheels and they lock. It is not easy to move on irregular surfaces nor do I recommend it for gardens. This is my experience with only 6 months of using it. I do not recommend it and I would not buy it again. I want to return it to the store. Dissatisfied.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2018

I've cooked on grills for 40 years. This is without a doubt the worst grill I've ever owned. We bought this grill at Home Depot about 6 months ago and I no longer have the receipt. The grill is an absolute fire hazard if used close to the house. You can't walk away from it for a single minute because of the flare ups and it doesn't matter if the lid is open or closed. I am not only disappointed in this grill, I am afraid of it. Today I am disassembling it and putting it on the curb for the garbage men to pick up. Buyer beware is all I can say.

Nexgrill Gas Grills response

Hello Rodney, Amanda here with Nexgrill thank you for reaching out. I apologize about the issues you are experiencing and would like to know more about your unit and to see how we can asssist you. Please email me directly at nxgcares@nexgrill.com, I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you!

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

How KitchenAid can put their name on this Junk, How Home Depot can sell this Charcoal grill is and how I ever bought this piece of junk... totally amazes me. With few exceptions the grill is made of thin cheap sheet metal. Leave it out and rain drains into the burnt charcoal tray. (And I’m pretty sure that this flimsy tray will rust away in a couple of months.) When the water, the food residue and the charcoal dust mix together it creates a foul mixture.

I learned the hard way... When I attempted to clean out this tray. As it has no structural integrity... no matter what you do the tray distorts and the foul (really foul) slops goes all over the place. To avoid this happening plan on rolling the grill to some obscure location in your backyard. And dump the mess there! (P.S. Putting a waterproof cover on does not work because it takes time for the grill to cold off... and you may want to go to bed before 3:30 AM.) The BEST SOLUTION IS TO NEVER BUY THIS PIECE OF JUNK IN THE FIRST PLACE!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

We purchased our five burner Nexgrill the end of October 2016 and didn't use it 'til this summer, 2017. Every time we use it we get flareups and everything catches on Fire!! Even when we cook on low, we still have flare ups. We notice the grease accumulates on the burner covers and does drip away. We scrape away any debris on the burner covers, but still end up with burnt food! Worse grill we ever had!!! Will never buy another Nexgrill. Wish they still made the gas grills with the ceramic briquettes. They worked great!

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

4 burner BBQ - I recently ran into a near fire with this unit after my son (mature 30 years+) overheated the unit, lightly burnt himself and nearly burned down the nearby fence. It had been upgraded to NG many months before but had not been used much. I have found there is no mechanism to limit flame heat beyond ineffective heat control knobs, that the igniter holes on the burner seems to create hot spots and contribute to misdistributing the heat.

Customer Support tried to push back to a "unit recall" that I already undertook last year via an upgrade kit. They did not seem to mind much that I would have to also redo the NG upgrade and that Costco may not be too keen to handle this out of warranty, especially after I went through the upgrade kit. I have contacted Costco for this to get sorted out. And I am adding "Customer Support" pressure by filing this. The unit behave relatively OK otherwise for over two years under propane.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

Waste of Time and Money is one thing. Fire Hazard I draw the line. I bought a 5 burner NEXGRILL last summer at Home Depot. It looked nice, I especially was drawn to the stainless grates and the flat surface inserts for grilling vegetables and smaller items. I have used less than one tank of propane, I agree with the complaints about not holding heat. THE BIGGER concern were the FIRES - I fear the venting on the box is too great. Contributing to both the loss of cooking heat, and the ability to snuff out flare ups. I don't know NEXGRILL, first experience. I was however shocked by HOME DEPOT'S refusal to honor my return with concern of safety - I left the grill at the store and left with a bitter taste of dissatisfaction.

Nexgrill Gas Grills response

Hello JIm, Amanda here with Nexgrill thank you for reaching out. I apologize about the issues you are experiencing and would like to know more about your unit and to see how we can asssist you. Please email me directly at nxgcares@nexgrill.com, I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you!

Original review: July 13, 2017

Bought the stainless steel, 4 burner grill from Sam's Club 2 years and 3 months ago. Always kept clean and covered but inside firebox is rusted to the point that brackets for flame tamers are falling off and cooking grids are falling apart. Now they have a 3 year warranty on the grids but they tell me that I must pay $18 for shipping and then there is a $10 oversized fee for "each" of the 3 grids that are 10" wide and 17" long for a total of $48 for shipping. I paid $399 for the grill which would be well worth the shipping if they weren't trying to gouge shipping cost and that if the firebox wasn't near rusting out... Very poor quality and poor customer service from Nexgrill, definitely wouldn't buy or recommend these great looking cheap grills!

Original review: July 10, 2017

Their website is difficult to understand and to navigate. I finally figured out how to find what I needed and placed an order on 6/8/17. Silly me, I thought I that would be plenty of time to get my parts and repair our grill before out planned bbq of 6/25/17. Unfortunately, this didn't happen. The order didn't even ship until 6/20/17, almost TWO WEEKS after being placed, then I didn't receive it until 6/27/17, almost THREE WEEKS after placing the order.

I then realized that, what I had assumed was a 4 piece package (shame on me, we all know what happens when one assumes) was only a 1 piece package, and that I should have ordered 4 of each part (burner and flame tamer), at a cost of almost $200. I could have purchased a brand new grill for that amount! I had ended up going to Lowe's and finding what I needed, at a lower cost and no shipping.

I then contacted Nexgrill for a return authorization on 7/3/17. I received a reply from them on the same day, saying that I should have my authorization within 24-48 hours. Being that it was a holiday week, I gave them the benefit of the doubt and waited patiently, hoping I would have the authorization by at least 7/7. Nope, no luck. Checked my email this morning (7/10) and still no authorization. I had to call Customer Service to get the authorization. AND I will have to pay for shipping to return it to them. I am extremely dissatisfied with their snail-paced service and will never use them again.

Original review: July 7, 2017

This must be the lowest grade of stainless ever made. I can't believe this thing is rusting 12 hours after first use. At this rate, it will be going to the dump before the summer is over. When we finished cooking, we turned up heat for 5 min to burn off grease, and when it was cool, it was covered with a grill cover, and stored under patio roof. The next morning, many areas are rusty. What a piece of junk. My old Sunbeam lasted 15 years.

Original review: June 12, 2017 This thing is junk. Worked 1 time then caught fire. When I contacted customer service they had me send approx. 10 pics of damage. By third week I called and was told by the customer service rep that it looked like a grease fire. The fire burned 3 of the 5 burners and scorched the front of the grill. Glad it wasn't near the house. Customer service is making this out to be my fault. The area where fire was is a pre assembled part of the grill. I asked to have that replaced and would reassemble grill. I was told that this was not a replaceable part, that if warranted they would send me the other parts to reassemble grill. That's some b.s.

I would recommend you stay away from this grill.

Original review: June 6, 2017

We've had our grill for about 18 months. It's never worked well. We should've returned it right away. It's beautiful on the outside, but it doesn't grill food without starting on fire. Any meat we've tried -- burgers, pork, chicken -- flames up and burns everything. The only temperature you can cook at is low and it takes FOREVER. It's a piece of junk. We can't even resell it with a good conscience knowing it could seriously injure or start someone's house on fire.

Original review: May 13, 2017

I purchased a Nexgrill small two burner grill a month ago from a seller of Craigslist for $80. The first time I used the grill it took 45 minutes to cook three pork chops. That is normally about 5 minutes per side when I cooked them on my old grill. That is absolutely ridiculous! I cleaned out the burners and the plates that distribute the flames. I cooked again on it and had the same results. This is not a defect. This is the way this model is made. Not to mention the cheap metal used for the construction of the grill. I am very dissatisfied! I am thankful that I didn't pay full price for this product.

Original review: May 2, 2017

I bought one from the orange box store at the end of March. Everything seemed to work, however when I had a houseful of people last weekend, the grill would not heat beyond 200. Tried the gas valve reset of disconnecting the tank, purging the lines, turning everything on slowly... No luck. When I started, three burners would light. Trying to light the fourth would shut the gas down. Ran through the routine a few more times and could get four burners to light. After trying to call Nexgrill, I packed it up, back to the store and bought another brand. The difference is amazing, much heavier material, better construction... All in all worth the extra money. My advice... Skip the Nexgrill junk and get something a little (or lot) more expensive. Also, watch out for other brands such as KitchenAid. Look for a product number like **, it's a variation of Nexgrill.

Original review: April 21, 2017

Slightly over a month use of the grill, the temp gauge was not working anymore, the igniter or burner was not working too. It was supposed to be electronic but I have to manually light it. I called Home Depot 'cause I purchased it from them with an extended warranty. Unfortunately they won't help at all instead pass you to Nexgrill manufacturer. It was a big mistake I bought this substandard product. The only thing Nexgrill does is send you all the parts and installation will be on me. If I install it wrong it will no longer be their concern. Very bad product, very bad service. I strongly discourage everyone to buy this substandard product.

Original review: March 18, 2017

I purchased my Nexgrill Evolution from Home Depot for Father's day. The grill worked great 1 time. This grill does not get hot enough to cook on. It is awful. I contacted the manufacturer and they charged me for replacement part which I had to install. The grill still did not get hot. I called the manufacturer again. They want to charge me again for another part. All of which they are just guessing about. While talking to Nexgrill I can overhear conversation of others making the same complaints as I. Do NOT buy this grill.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2016

My husband and I bought our first home in 2015. Bought a brand new Nexgrill. Not even a year and a half later the grill has caught on fire 3 times catching our new patio and screen on fire. Called Nexgrill to try and get a new grill or at least some money off to purchase another grill and they won't do anything!! Not even asking them or wanting them to replace any personal things that were ruined! Do not buy the grill. It overheats. Why have 4 burners if you can't use them!

Original review: July 21, 2016

I recently purchased what seemed to be an attractive, functional and well priced NEXGRILL brand outdoor grill at HOME DEPOT. Keep away from it, cheap material, rusted in less than a month although under cover. They are not worth anything... otherwise happy grilling!

Nexgrill Gas Grills expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Nexgrill has gas grills for every kind of grillmaster. Whether you enjoy traditional favorites like burgers and hot dogs or are more of an experimental chef, you can find a Nexgrill to meet your needs. Sizes range from portable table to grills to 6-burner grills that can feed a crowd.

• Grills for every price range: Nexgrill’s gas grills range in price from $99-$699. Their portable and cart grills are the least expensive and are available as either gas or charcoal grills.

• Grills for entertaining: If you enjoy hosting barbecues for your friends and family, you’ll want to check out Nexgrill’s selection of 5- and 6-burner grills. For instance, model 720-0896C is a 6-burner grill with searing side burner and rotisserie kit that cost $699.

• Flexible cooking options: Some Nexgrill grills combine direct and infrared heat to give you several options for preparing your food. Model 720-0882A, the Evolution Infrared Plus is a 5-burner gas grill with a stainless steel side burner that allows you to grill traditionally or to slide in infrared plates for a slow-cooking heat. It is $399.

• Get great recipes: Sign up for Nexgrill’s email list or check out their website for great grilling recipes that can make you a hit at your next barbecue.

• Accessories: Find all the accessories you need to make your next meal a masterpiece on Nexgrill’s website. These include everything from spatulas to grill covers. You can use Amazon pay for an easy checkout experience.

• Best for: Nexgrill grills are good for apartment dwellers, travelers and homeowners.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs