Nexgrill Gas Grills

Compare Barbecue Grills

Research top Barbecue Grills recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I recently purchased what seemed to be an attractive, functional and well priced NEXGRILL brand outdoor grill at HOME DEPOT. Keep away from it, cheap material, rusted in less than a month although under cover. They are not worth anything... otherwise happy grilling!

This company sucks. I bought a grill from Walmart, a BHG grill made by Nexgrill. The thermostat was not installed. After getting it home, hooking it up I started to install the thermostat and found it was broke into several pcs. So the manual said to contact Nexgrill, do not take it back to the store. To make a long story short 3 hrs later and talking with 2 different reps faxing receipt, they said I had to load it up and take it back to the store. Sad part was Walmart made me bring it back instead of just giving me a thermostat. I will never buy a Nexgrill made product and I am going to stay away from Walmart too.

STEER CLEAR OF NEXGRILL... Chinese Junk metal... I bought this grill when I moved into my new house In December 2011 and it was a 2012 model. I used it very little. It was located under a large covered patio WITH A COVER when not in use and it was never abused. When you look at the grill it appears in super condition. The inside the grill bowl was ERODED by the HEAT from the Main Burner and by the one to the left. The one with the most holes are under the main burner. The burner to the left I noticed also has smaller holes... I did not see those until I put the backlight under it. Those were the most used burners, I saw no issues with the other two which were rarely used. But the observation was that the holes were aligned with the length both those burners proving that it was clearly heat erosion.

In all honesty the grill was lightly used in the summer time by myself or my wife. We thought when we bought a Grill with a KitchenAid name that by our experience was associated with good quality, all of our kitchen appliances are Kitchenaid and we very satisfied. So, needless to say I was really taken back when I saw all those holes. I mean I paid $550.00+ for this grill and would think it should withstand at least 500 degrees and would be built with a better quality metal. I owned a Ducane for nearly 13 years and never a problem other than burners and Lava rocks.

When I called Nexgrill customer support I explained just what I stated above they said it was out of warranty and the grill was now considered junk... and they were sorry and they did not have the part I need to replace it. Can you believe that... a $550+. SAVE YOUR MONEY and steer clear of Nexgrill. I will never NEVER buy another one again and I will tell EVERYONE I know, even the ones I see in Home Depot, Lowes, Sams Club and Costco looking at those grills and I know what they all look like.

Nexgrill Evolution Infared Plus grill - Just purchased the grill about a month ago. Love it - but it takes over an hour to clean it after you cook. Even just after cooking two steaks the entire grill is greasy. Need some tips. Not worth using it if I have to spend over an hour cleaning it each time.

I purchased my stainless steel Nexgrill barbecue, model #720/730-0830D, at Costco in July, 2014, and have used it about once a month. The heat from the burners must have caused the light gauge steel of the firebox to expand or become distorted. While I can't visually detect any distortion, I've concluded that it must have happened because the flame tamers, particularly the two in the center are now too short to reach across the box and sit on the little indentations they originally sat on, and just fall down, sideways, onto the burners. I'm sure the flame tamers haven't contracted, becoming shorter, hence my conclusion that the box has expanded or become distorted.

Also, though supposedly made of stainless steel, there are rust stains all over the thing and, lastly, the upper front of the firebox looks like it had been subjected to a blowtorch or welders torch... It is all blueish, like metal gets when it cools after being made red hot. Stay away from these things. Given all the observable flaws, I wouldn't be surprised to learn that they are dangerous also.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nexgrill?

I ordered my grill online and received it after 3 weeks. July 2015 I assembled my gas grill in 4 hours. Then I found out the igniter is not working I called Walmart to return it. They say, "Big size item, call the manufacturer." I called Nexgrill and after hours on the phone, they told me that I will receive the replacement of the defected part in one week. Then week passed they say out of stock, it is in back order, wait 3-4 weeks. Then after 4 weeks they say wait another week. Now summer is over, it is December, 5 months passed and now they said wait till February 12, 2016. Been the whole summer lighting my grill it with matches as instructed by Nexgrill. If I read what the rest wrote here, I would've returned this grill that made by scammers from the first day. SHAME ON YOU NEXGRILL.

I purchased my first grill from Sams club years ago and used it for 3 years or so. As the years went by, I noticed the rust beginning, both inside the grill box, where the casters attach to the box and on the exterior welds. When the cooking components needed to be replaced I ordered from Nexgrill and it took an excessive amount of time to arrive... Parts replaced, grill worked OK. Keep in mind, the grill was always covered and cleaned after each use. About 1 year later, I needed to move it and the casters themselves were all seized up. I had enough, I called Sams to see if there was anything they could do to help. The folks at Sams were great actually. They told me to bring the grill back in and they would issue a replacement of whatever they had in stock... Another Nexgrill (Members Mark) unfortunately.

This replacement grill worked great for about the 1st year, then the down hill slide began... The SS grates, actually split exposing what looked like rusty raw iron. I took pictures of this thinking Nexgrill would want to see it, they didnt. All the rude representative could tell me was that I would need to buy replacement grates at full price! Well, I did as that would be much less than buying a new grill. I believe that was about $80 in parts. These lasted maybe another year but now the real fun begins... The burners needed to be replaced, more grates, the regulator, the ignition system. Once again, contacted Nexgrill to see if anything could be done about the QC issues of their product and all I got was more of the same rude feedback.

Fast forward to now... I am again working with Sams who is working with Nexgrill to take this current boat anchor back and just give me a store credit... It cooks 1 chicken breast in about 40 minutes with ALL burners lit (thermometer shows 500+). I had a small Weber before I bought the 1st Nexgrill, have been completely dissatisfied for 9 years or so now and just last weekend purchased another Weber. They stand behind their product, look at the warranties alone to see how the quality compares. Lived and learned.

I am urging everyone to stay clear of Nexgrill products. I purchased what I thought was a Jenn-Air for $1,000. I was meticulous with how I kept my grill but 2 years after purchase the grill caught ON FIRE!! The wiring was faulty which in turn destroyed the rest of my grill. I thought that would be the worst part but my horrible experience with Nexgrill did not start until I tried contacting customer service. I submitted a claim and after two months with not hearing from them and no return phone calls I sent a letter. I was then contacted and was informed I needed more photos for my claim. I submitted additional photos and two weeks later received a call stating I would hear back within 48 hours with their decision. One week later I received a letter from a woman named Maxine (customer service manager), saying they have denied my claim due to neglect.

I cleaned my grill after every use, it was not until it caught on fire when the maintenance stopped. I have worked in Retail my entire life and the key to a good experience is to empathize with the customer and more importantly offer a solution that is a win-win. Not once did this happen with this company. They treated me as if they did not need to help me because they had already made money off of me. I would strongly encourage anyone looking into one of these grills to do research on customer service from Nexgrill. You will see not only is their product horrible and faulty but their customer service (Maxine mentioned multiple times) is even worse. In the end, I did not have the money to buy another $1,000 grill so I asked to place a parts order, they denied me that as well.

After many emails and phone calls they have decided to cancel my order again. Nexgrill clearly does not intend to honor the lifetime warranty on their parts. I just feel so stupid because I was taken in by the Jenn-Air name thinking I was buying quality. Thank you to the other reviewers of this company for helping me understand that what happened wasn't just directed at me.

My gas grill was not working correctly at beginning of summer (June). Took the grill apart and found out the 4 cast iron gas burners were broken, falling apart, etc. I bought the grill in 2007, these are the third set of burners I had installed. I ordered parts from Nexgrill, they told me that they would be in at end of month. Called in early July, they told me that they are still expecting them. Called in early August, they said that they will be in on Aug 28th. Called in early Sept, the burners are on back order, expect them in a couple weeks, please call back. Called in late Sept, they said that they are still on backorder and expect them in 4-6 weeks. Been the whole summer, using grill with 2 out of 4 broken burners and the 2 are marginal at best.

I ordered replacement parts in April. I have yet to receive them. I have called, e-mailed, gone on their website. I have been promised the backordered parts several times. I was finally told they would receive the shipment on August 28 and send them to me immediately. It is almost a month later and still nothing. Customer service doesn't care. They just tell you it will be a few more months. I could have bought a new grill cheaper and had it for the summer grilling season. Shame on Nexgrill. If I could have given less than 1 star I would have.

I DO NOT RECOMMEND BUYING THIS BRAND! I ORDERED PARTS BACK IN APRIL AND STILL DO NOT HAVE THEM AUGUST. I was notified that my parts order was cancelled without a decent explanation. Just got this form type email. "Dear Customer: Thank you for your recent Shop NexGrill order #. We regret that we were not able to ship your item(s) in a timely manner and apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Please note that your credit card has not been charged because we were unable to ship the item(s) requested, and your order has been cancelled. If you have any questions regarding your order, or you would like to replace your order, please email our Customer Service Department at customerservice@shopnexgrill.com or phone us at 1-866-601-5799. Sincerely, Consumer Services Shop NexGrill."

We bought this grill from Costco back in 2008. I didn't like the price, too much for a BBQ. We used it for one outdoor party, and all was well. Cleaned it, covered it and rolled it under the roof of the deck. When we remodeled our kitchen 6 months later we used the BBQ almost for every meal... The more we used it, the more burnt the food became. It was never worth the hassle. Will food be burnt, or not? Sad thing is, we love BBQs. We want to have a outdoor BBQ party, so I lifted the lid to see what I might be able to do - it is no longer in a covered location, but we keep a waterproof cover on it. I removed the grill and what was once metal is more like paper. The gas tubes have broken in half. I basically have an expensive shell of a BBQ. I can't believe we paid so much for this thinking it will last. I would much rather get the cheapest, with no expectation, and replace it year after year.

I believe the best way to vote is with my money, it seems to be the only thing companies and businesses pay attention to. I think I might just dig a hole in the ground, put in logs and stones and have one very old fashioned BBQ. I am very disappointed in the product, if I would have known, I would have kept my $1,000 and fixed my old BBQ. I have no desire to buy a new one, I find I don't trust any companies to deliver what they say they will. It's all advertisements and hype.

This grill cost us $1000 in May of 2012. The stainless parts have a 3 year warranty and after 3 years, the main bowl has rusted through. This is a case of poor quality control and an apathetic approach to customer service. I called Jenn-Air, who told me to call Nexgrill. After explaining that the burner brackets had completely vaporized with rust and there was a gaping hole from front to back in the main bowl, Nexgrill said "sorry, you're 4 months out of warranty and perhaps you should HIRE A WELDER!"

OH YEAH Nexgrill, metal fabrication is exactly the answer to your Chinese manufacturing issues. I spent $1000 on the grill, another $100 on new flame tamers and a parts kit for burners and cooking grids. Then I see it's not safe to operate the grill… the HIGH END grill. So, I will continue to pound social media and anyone who I speak to I'll tell "DON'T buy a Jenn-Air or a Nexgrill!" Hire a welder, gimme a break. Stay away from these manufacturers. Consequences- the buyer is stuck with the problem and the manufacturer doesn't care.

We owned the grill for a while. It was purchased from Lowe's in Lincolnwood, IL. We didn't realize that this was a NexGrill because it is labelled "Jenn Air." We had it for a while, but never realized that the main burners are "spot welded" into place, by three questionable internal weld points. Our middle burner seems to be disconnected so we can't use it to hear the grill.

It seems that the main burners cannot be replaced. We paid around $1000 for a grill that can't be repaired? That seems like cheap construction to me. The package is better than it seems. We were lucky it lasted this long, but it should've lasted much longer for that price. We hope NexGrill will help us. The posts are less than encouraging.

I purchased 3 of these KitchenAid 44inch dual lid grills. Two from Sam's Club and one from home depot. All 3 were damaged beyond part replacement and repair. I kept ordering it and hoping I would get a good one but I didn't. This grill is cheap and it won't last. The company that makes it will be impossible to get on the phone. DO NOT BUY THIS GRILL, YOU WILL REGRET IT!!! Review at samsclub.com and HD.com look good but it looks like those customers have had the grill for less than 1 season.

When I purchased the grill, the burners were brass and they were guaranteed for life. That was the reason I purchased it. When the burners failed Nexgrill replaced them with cast iron burners. They last possibly two seasons, then when I called for replacements they tell me they are backordered and have no idea when I will receive them. The cost of shipping from Nexgrill exceeds the replacement with aftermarket cast iron burners, which have the same lifespan. I would never buy another Jenn-Air, or Nexgrill product!

Jenn Air Model 720-0720 manufactured by Nexgrill failure. The Jenn-Air grill was purchased at Costco for $499 less than three years ago. The L brackets holding the gas burners in the rear of the grill have deteriorated at the spot welds and the burners drop down allowing the gas to exit into the grill not through the burner creating a hazardous situation. Additionally the inner box does not hold up to the heat and appears to be rusting away (see photos). I contacted Nexgrill (the manufacturer) customer service about the failure and they say there is nothing they can do about the failure. The spot welds are on the interior box and that's not a replacement item so essentially the grill has an expected lifetime of 3 years.

The temp: I have put two potatoes on and I light 2 burners and the temp goes to over 300. I cannot get the correct temp on this grill. They have sent a temp gauge but it still goes to over 300+F. This is very upsetting to me. I consider myself a very good cook on grills but this is a very sorry grill. This is last time that I will ever buy this type of a grill.

Had the top of the line stainless steel model from Costco. Bought it 4 years ago last April. The entire bottom has rotted out. Not the burners, the actual bottom of the grill. So, the fasteners holding the burners just dropped off and the burners tangled for a few days. Then they just fell to the bottom. Forget all the problems with this Chinese manufacturer and getting parts, that's a laugh in itself. You just cannot trust that any material they say it is. Can't say enough about Costco, they took it back for a full refund. RUN from Nexgrill.

Jenn Air/Nexgrill Model 720-0709. Don't waste your $$. I bought a Jenn Air grill at Sam's Club in August of 2010. By 5/2015 almost every part has needed replaced. The bottom of the grill completely rotted away. The area where the burners attach to be body of the grill fell apart and the burners are laying at the bottom of the grill. I called Nexgrill, the actual manufacturer of the grill, and was told that warranty expired in January if I can't find my receipt. I expected a lot more out of a grill that I paid over $800 for. The grill has always been kept clean and covered in bad weather so abuse isn't the problem. Lesson learned. I will never buy another grill manufactured by Nexgrill and I will never buy another Jenn Air product because of the poor service.

My stainless grill is over 7 years old. Good size grill, good clean burners, no problems. Just having trouble getting right parts because the model numbers were very different for each store that sold the grill. Just have to measure I guess.

My flame tamers (4) after 1 yr rusted and fell apart. When I called to order them they told me they're on back order and I couldn't get them for 4 months. When I called the company they told me the same info. but said that they could give me the dimensions so maybe I could find other avenue. My grill is 1yr old and now I can't use it for 4 months. I will never buy a Nexgrill again and will stick with a Weber grill that I had before this one. Great grill but if you can't get parts in a reasonable time then your grill is useless for up to 4 months in my case.

I purchased a built in Jenn Air propane grill for my patio and was happy with it until the burners rusted out, the flame tamers fell apart, and the cheap stainless steel cooking grates galled out and started flaking the stainless coating off. Since the stainless steel parts have a "lifetime warranty" I contacted the parts people for some replacements. Of course the items are backordered and to add insult to injury the shipping charges are $75.00 for the parts! This is crazy to charge that much to ship another load of Chinese crap metal parts that are supposed to be free! I will NEVER buy another product from these companies again! I just wish I had read these reviews before I spent $1000.00 on Chinese junk!

On 5/30/2008 I bought an outdoor gas grill from lowes. It was pushed as being a high end Jenn air but I later found name is just licensed to nexgrill and made in China. All stainless steel parts have LIFETIME WARRANTY. I have already replaced burners, flame tamers and grills twice under warranty. Now the main bowl [shell of entire grill] is rusting-in particular 4 pieces called cross channels are completely rotted and not replaceable. These cross channels are a safety backup in case burner igniters fail [which can then cause gas build up and explosion]-they are stainless steel.

First company rep [after sending pics of grill] said grill is non repairable and dangerous to operate as is. They offered me $266 prorated credit at lowes [paid $1000] and I have to rent truck to get grill there. I turned down offer-warranty states "OUR OBLIGATION UNDER THIS WARRANTY IS LIMITED TO REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT, AT OUR OPTION, OF THE PRODUCT DURING THE WARRANTY PERIOD" -which is LIFETIME for stainless steel part.

I was then contacted by Maxine ** [800-913-8999 ext.**] who said they can't repair and won't replace part. She states that I should fix igniters so burners light safely. BUT THIS UNIT WILL NO LONGER HAVE SAFETY BACKUP IF IGNITERS FAIL AGAIN. THEY ARE THERE FOR A REASON! Her exact words were "cross channels are a backup for ignition system, as long as ignition system is working." Spoke with tech and they said without cross channels there can be gas build up and explosion if igniters fail. Cross channel is a warranted part and I should not be asked to operate unit without them-they were put there for a reason.

When I mentioned warranty, Maxine told me "entire warranty is not what you see printed in manual-we will not replace unit"- then is illegal and fraud. I have filed with FTC and Consumer product safety commission [looking into safety recall]. I would like to pursue legally to get unit replaced, as per warranty or be refunded full amt paid [$952.41]. Thank you for any help you can give me. NOTE: I have pics and all e-mail correspondence if needed.

My wife's grandmother bought us a Jenn-Air stainless steel grill in the early 2000's. For the last dozen or so years I'd call Nexgrill when the burner bars or safety shields rusted out - and they'd replace them free. Now they are asking for receipt - absolute BS - I'm supposed to come up with a receipt from a dead woman from 10 years ago. I've been getting parts for 10 years and now they ask for a receipt!

The grill is working but there is no high flame, also temperature was 400 degrees before we got the grill. Now we're only getting 200 degrees.

Bought what I thought was a KitchenAid grill at Home Depot. After delivery I found some rust on the edge of the cover. After careful inspection I was shocked to learn it was not made by KitchenAid. After finding the manufacturer’s name Nexgrill and reading the warranty and reviews I was shocked. I can't believe Home Depot and especially KitchenAid participate in this deceptive practice. Shame on them!!! Should be a class action suit.

I purchased this grill for my husband for father's day, 2014. We have not had significant property damage except to the grill...but we have had burned hair and most of our food has been ruined and actually catches on fire when the whole inside of grill goes on fire. First we moved it away from trees and property. Now we are afraid to use the grill anymore. It is a Nexgrill 4 burner propane gas grill. We got it from home depot. Model is cs- 6002. We took pics of fire and sent to Nexgrill. Some are after we shut the gas off and closed the top, you see it is burning its top even after shut off. We took food off with flames attached to each piece. The food was not greasy food. We had this grill 3 mos. Nexgrill keeps asking for the same information and 15-20 different pics, whatever I send them they say they want more. I had my charbroil grill 9 years and never had this happen. Do not waste money or risk your safety or time on this grill.

We had purchased this Nexgrill from Costco about 8 years ago. The burners rusted out fairly early on but everything seemed fine after the installation of the new burners. This past weekend, our son was home and had turned the Nexgrill on and then went back into the house to retrieve the meat to barbecue. When he came back out he noticed the lid had flames going out under it and when he opened it the flames got much larger. Then suddenly a loud "swoosh" from the propane tank happened and the propane tank became a large 10 foot plus flame. My husband and son were able to put the fire out just as I was calling 911. The deck and railing are burned all around the Nexgrill as you would expect after such a large fire. It was like the whole thing was on fire with fire shooting out from the sides too. I really don't know what happened but after reading on this site it appears to be something that is not completely unknown to the manufacturer. This could have burned our home down and/or seriously injured someone. We have contacted our insurance company and hope they will be able to figure out what happened.

Nexgrill Gas Grills Company Profile