3.57/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Nespresso

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Nespresso Reviews

Original review: June 2, 2019

I recently purchased a Nespresso original line machine. It came with a code you can use to get a discount on your first order. The code is no good, a false promise from Nespresso. I've spent extended periods of time chatting with their reps online, but cannot get them to honor their code. I tried calling once but that did not work either.

Original review: May 28, 2019

I became a Nespresso Club member in Germany in 2003 and transferred my membership to Nespresso USA when I moved back home in 2013. I have owned six Nespresso machines and have purchased over 32,000 capsules over the past 16 years. That places me among the most loyal of all Nespresso Club members. The convenience, low cost and great quality of the product and free delivery of capsules within a day or two of ordering explain why I remained a member for so long. But I just placed my last order. The price per capsule has doubled since I joined, it now takes a week to get capsules delivered free of charge and I've received three damaged capsules in the past six months.

When I tried to bring these deteriorating standards to the attention of Nespresso USA's customer care people I was directed to a "coffee specialist" who apparently was not trained to address negative feedback from a loyal customer. I can only assume that standards will continue to gradually deteriorate in the future. So when my final order eventually arrives in a week or so and I use the last of my Nespresso capsules I'll be going back to using fresh roasted beans, a burr grinder and a semi-automatic machine. It may be a little more labor intensive, but the espresso will be cheaper and at least as good as what Nespresso has to offer.

Original review: May 17, 2019

I had been using a wonderful Breville espresso maker for years -- the one with the coffee grinder built-in with the standard espresso porta-filter and milk frothing stick. My partner's parents had purchased a Nespresso machine a while back, so he convinced me to give it a try. I put my Breville to the side. At first taste, Nespresso seemed good, but give it a couple of minutes between sips and it went flat, and so did the so-called frothed milk. I gave the Nespresso machine one weekend before deciding to go back to my faithful Breville espresso maker. For all the fancy packaging to make coffee pods look like fine Swiss chocolate, the coffee itself tasted lousy.

We had to pay $60 UPS to send it all back on their 30-day money-back guarantee -- let's hope they don't renege on a complete refund -- we had it for 1.5 weeks tops. Save yourself time and invest in a Keurig, or other comparably-priced coffee machine. If you want proper espresso, you're going to have to invest in a conventional system (grinder, porta-filter, milk frothing stick). Breville is great, but if money is no object, look at Gaggia or DeLonghi and others.

Original review: May 13, 2019

There's no online support for orders placed online. Calling in is the only option. But first one has to listen to a bunch of ads before getting any options. Not that it matters as they're not able to affect any change to an order placed a few hours ago. I called more than once, it's not a fluke. It's useless.

Original review: May 1, 2019

We have been buying Vertuoline coffee capsules for 10 years. Yesterday my latest order arrived with no sleeves and capsules were loose in the box. We purchased a capsule holder from Nespresso which holds the sleeves of coffee. I was told they discontinued the sleeves to save money. Mind you, they have not reduced the price of the coffee and I am being inconvenienced because they have made my holder obsolete. Tried to talk to a supervisor who never returned my call. First time in 10 years I have ever had reason to be disappointed with Nespresso. Maybe it is time to move on to a different machine!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nespresso?

Original review: April 26, 2019

We've had our Nespresso machine for 3 months and have really enjoyed it until... it started leaking out of the back all over the counter. We contacted Nespresso and they told us to descale it (which we had to pay for), which we did, and that did not work. We tried calling them 5 different times and no one was helpful. Finally, they told we had to mail the whole machine back in and they would assess it. This could take a few weeks. Does anyone else think a $300 machine should be leaking in months??? The coffee cups are not cheap either, so we've spent our fair share of money on this machine with no help from them. We had a Keurig before and I would definitely recommend a Keurig over a Nespresso. It never breaks down and the coffee pods are convenient to get at the store and cheaper than Nespresso. I am very, very disappointed in this company.

Original review: April 21, 2019

The machine I bought has a terrible design. It is flimsy, breaking frequently, overflows in the cup support tray making a mess of the surface on which it is placed. Also for the first time I decided to check the sleeves I ordered versus what was delivered. They shortchanged me by one sleeve, yet charged me the amount ordered. No idea how often this happens, as said was the first time I checked. Recommend everyone check when receiving their delivery.

Original review: March 24, 2019

$300 for a coffee maker that cannot draw water - Thought I would save money/time purchasing "high quality" coffee maker and could not have been more wrong. Because of, what is apparently a common problem the company knows about, (whereby products that sit on the shelf too long before being sold, develop a problem referred to interchangeably as "airlock" and "airblock,").

I spent hours searching YouTube, Amazon comments sections, the company's website and countless other sources trying every fix customers had to devise (because, after spending hours on the phone, the customer service departments invariably recommended they purchase another new machine) which ranged from disassembling the machine and literally blowing into the tube, pushing a Ziploc bag partially filled with air into the tank to try and force the water through, and running the machine hundreds of times, water still would not flow out of the dispenser.

This was frustrating and absolutely ridiculous. Coffee making machines have existed since 1908, so for a company like Nestle to not have the process by which water flows through the machine figured out is just absurd to me. Next time I'll just get a Coffee Mate for $60. I learned that more expensive doesn't always mean better; in this instance, more expensive meant much much worse. If I could give a lower score I would.

Original review: March 24, 2019

The coating in the Nespresso frother had bubbles in the seams at purchase. After a few uses the coating flaked off. I notified Nespresso and they refused to replace the item. This item was poorly made and manufacturer does not stand behind it or care that its item is defective.

Original review: March 12, 2019

I spend an average of $70 each time I order Nespresso pods for the Vertuo machine. Shipping is free for orders of this size, and they promise 1 day delivery with two options. I chose the delivery option that uses LaserShip. I placed my order at the Nespresso site on Sunday March 10. On Monday - which is the day I should have received my order (there is no caveat on the site about Sunday orders being delayed one day) - I checked on the order status at the LaserShip site. It showed the order delivery date as March 12th... so 1 day became 2 days. When I checked the LaserShip site today, March 12th, I see the delivery date is now March 13th. Now 1-day delivery becomes 3-day delivery.

I called Nespresso customer service. While the person I spoke with was quite helpful, what I learned was on the one hand encouraging (to a point), and on the other hand troubling. LaserShip told the Nespresso Rep that they add one day to the order delivery date they post "just in case" they miss the promised date. What? Would UPS or FedEx do that? I don't think so! So that's a real miss between Nespresso, who promises one-day delivery, and their shipping vendor, LaserShip, who adds a day "just in case" to the promised delivery date. Wow, hard to believe that Nespresso didn't work more closely with their shipping vendor to tell the same story.

The only glimmer of good news is that LaserShip "thinks" they'll deliver my order today, March 12th, one day later than Nespresso promised. But, if they don't deliver today, the Customer Rep says Nespresso will either send me a free gift (ehh) or refund the cost or my order (yeah... I hope they'd really do that - and I hope it's arrives today, instead of having to try to get "sort of promised" refund).

Nespresso Company Information