3.52/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Nespresso

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

39 Nespresso Consumer Reviews

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

My first & last online order with Nespresso. I wish I would not have invested this much money on them. I should have done my research beforehand. I placed an order on Sept. 12 & online tracking number stated I would receive it on sept. 18.. Today is the 19th & I contacted them because it said they delivered it to a New Jersey address. I’m in CA! Well, they cancelled my order and didn’t notify me. Now I’m left with NO coffee. & I have to wait 30 days for a refund & they expect me to place another order with no credit. I have to make a whole new purchase again. Very unprofessional & frustrating. SAVE YOUR MONEY & headaches.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

I bought a Nespresso Vertuo coffee maker. Exactly two weeks before my one year warranty was up the machine started making foamy water at the cost of about 1.20 per cup. I called Nespresso to have my machine serviced. They said that a loaner was on the way and I was to return mine for repairs. I waited two weeks, and now every single cup was coming out water so lots of money was wasted. Two weeks and no loaner, no word from Nespresso...nothing, so I had to buy a new machine so the two hundred dollars of coffee I bought did not go to waste. Not very good customer service to expect people to wait more than two weeks for a coffee. BTW I did descale the machine twice but it did nothing.

Get expert buying tips about Coffee Makers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2019

I bought Lattissima Touch Glam Nespresso machine. It is very expensive. Regarding the performance it doesn't give a nice coffee, the coffee is cold. The milk doesn't froth nicely. And what I want to say that Nespresso have Delonghi and Breville for the small or home machines and 3 other for commercial machines you can find the same brands in the market much cheaper than Nespresso. What I mean just to add Nespresso name on them you have to pay double price. So don't let them fool you, buy straight from the original brand.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

I made on order on July 24th for 10 sleeves over $100 in coffee. It was supposed to come after 2 business days and as of today August 2nd I still don’t have it. The 1st time I called they said that UPS didn’t pick it up and they will overnight it so I can get it on a July 29th. The order never came again so I called them a 3rd time and they said I will get it by July 31st and I still don’t have it. Called them tonight but their computer system was down so they can’t help me. They took my $120 on July 24th and I still don’t have my coffee. STAY AWAY FROM ORDERING ON THEIR SITE, worst online shopping experience ever. What a shame, this was my first order and most likely my last.

Original review: July 31, 2019

I bought this milk frother on January 15, 2019. Didn't use it till March. It worked very well for three months. Then it didn't froth any more. The milk was totally flat, although hot. I contacted Nespresso directly, and after one hour and a half on the phone, doing "tests" that seemed to try to trick me into admitting that I had done something wrong, the employee, who was not a technical person, and was reading the "test" instructions from a book, finally agreed to sending me a new one. The new one only lasted 2 weeks... I had other milk frothers that lasted five to six years (i.e. William Sonoma own brand, no longer manufactured). The Aeroccino 4 looks good but works bad. $119 down the drain...

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nespresso?

Original review: July 17, 2019

I usually purchase my pods on Amazon, but have heard about this Nespresso Club, and that they have a good set up, so I tried them. I ordered 5 sleeves with the next business day delivery option. The cost was the same that I pay with Amazon. Well, their next business day has now been 6 business days, and no pods. I called them yesterday, and their customer service guy says that they are sorry and that sometimes carrier delays are beyond their control. He offered to add 2 more sleeves to my order for free and that they would arrive next day. Cool! Well, that didn't happen either. Now I am 6+ days in, and haven't received either delivery... I would suggest Amazon. The cost is the same, and at least their orders show up when they say they will. Horrible experience.

Original review: June 18, 2019

I got hanged up 2 times on the phone trying to order a machine + capsules when the online order was not going through. I tried to order online multiple times but was getting an error, it over capped my credit card limit with the errors as well. Got a Keurig instead.

Original review: June 4, 2019

For the very first time, I recently placed an online capsule order through Nespresso.com. Even though the order was placed in the morning, and I selected next business day delivery, the delivery took more than two days to arrive. When I contacted customer support I was told that they wouldn't do anything about it! Not the way to treat a loyal customer of 20+ years!

Original review: June 2, 2019

I recently purchased a Nespresso original line machine. It came with a code you can use to get a discount on your first order. The code is no good, a false promise from Nespresso. I've spent extended periods of time chatting with their reps online, but cannot get them to honor their code. I tried calling once but that did not work either.

Original review: May 28, 2019

I became a Nespresso Club member in Germany in 2003 and transferred my membership to Nespresso USA when I moved back home in 2013. I have owned six Nespresso machines and have purchased over 32,000 capsules over the past 16 years. That places me among the most loyal of all Nespresso Club members. The convenience, low cost and great quality of the product and free delivery of capsules within a day or two of ordering explain why I remained a member for so long. But I just placed my last order. The price per capsule has doubled since I joined, it now takes a week to get capsules delivered free of charge and I've received three damaged capsules in the past six months.

When I tried to bring these deteriorating standards to the attention of Nespresso USA's customer care people I was directed to a "coffee specialist" who apparently was not trained to address negative feedback from a loyal customer. I can only assume that standards will continue to gradually deteriorate in the future. So when my final order eventually arrives in a week or so and I use the last of my Nespresso capsules I'll be going back to using fresh roasted beans, a burr grinder and a semi-automatic machine. It may be a little more labor intensive, but the espresso will be cheaper and at least as good as what Nespresso has to offer.

Nespresso expert review by Jonathan Trout

Nespresso engineers machines designed to give you a quality cup of espresso coffee in your home or office. It has two lines of machines, Virtuo and Original, that each has close to 20 models. Models range from $149 to $600. It also makes two lines of Nespresso coffee that come in the form of aluminum pods.

• VertuoLine: Nespresso machines in the VertuoLine family use technology called Gentle Centrifusion to extract flavor from the grounds. This gives your espresso a rich, aromatic and silky finish. The VertuoLine offers two sizes of coffee capsules that have the perfect amount of coffee for a half or full cup.

• OriginalLine: Nespresso machines in the OriginalLine use a high-pressure (19-bar) extraction system to brew coffee. This distributes high-pressured water evenly through the ground coffee. OriginalLine offers a large variety of espresso coffee flavors, each with its own flavor profile.

• VirtuoLine coffee: Nespresso’s VirtuoLine coffee includes 16 flavor profiles that can be filtered by eight intensity levels. You can find full descriptions, intensity levels and flavor profiles online. A 10-pack of 10 different flavors (100 capsules) is $102.50.

• OriginalLine coffee: Nespresso’s OriginalLine coffee includes 24 flavor profiles, including decaf coffee. All flavors, profiles and intensity levels can be seen online. You can get 15 varieties of coffee (150 capsules) for $108.30.

• Accessories: Nespresso offers multiple accessories for each line of machines. You can find glass espresso cups, capsule storage racks and capsule dispensers.

• Best for: consumers looking for a high-quality, easy to use espresso machine.

Profile picture of Jonathan Trout