2.55/5

33 Nespresso Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 18, 2019

I got hanged up 2 times on the phone trying to order a machine + capsules when the online order was not going through. I tried to order online multiple times but was getting an error, it over capped my credit card limit with the errors as well. Got a Keurig instead.

Original review: June 4, 2019

For the very first time, I recently placed an online capsule order through Nespresso.com. Even though the order was placed in the morning, and I selected next business day delivery, the delivery took more than two days to arrive. When I contacted customer support I was told that they wouldn't do anything about it! Not the way to treat a loyal customer of 20+ years!

Get expert buying tips about Coffee Makers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 2, 2019

I recently purchased a Nespresso original line machine. It came with a code you can use to get a discount on your first order. The code is no good, a false promise from Nespresso. I've spent extended periods of time chatting with their reps online, but cannot get them to honor their code. I tried calling once but that did not work either.

Original review: May 28, 2019

I became a Nespresso Club member in Germany in 2003 and transferred my membership to Nespresso USA when I moved back home in 2013. I have owned six Nespresso machines and have purchased over 32,000 capsules over the past 16 years. That places me among the most loyal of all Nespresso Club members. The convenience, low cost and great quality of the product and free delivery of capsules within a day or two of ordering explain why I remained a member for so long. But I just placed my last order. The price per capsule has doubled since I joined, it now takes a week to get capsules delivered free of charge and I've received three damaged capsules in the past six months.

When I tried to bring these deteriorating standards to the attention of Nespresso USA's customer care people I was directed to a "coffee specialist" who apparently was not trained to address negative feedback from a loyal customer. I can only assume that standards will continue to gradually deteriorate in the future. So when my final order eventually arrives in a week or so and I use the last of my Nespresso capsules I'll be going back to using fresh roasted beans, a burr grinder and a semi-automatic machine. It may be a little more labor intensive, but the espresso will be cheaper and at least as good as what Nespresso has to offer.

Original review: May 17, 2019

I had been using a wonderful Breville espresso maker for years -- the one with the coffee grinder built-in with the standard espresso porta-filter and milk frothing stick. My partner's parents had purchased a Nespresso machine a while back, so he convinced me to give it a try. I put my Breville to the side. At first taste, Nespresso seemed good, but give it a couple of minutes between sips and it went flat, and so did the so-called frothed milk. I gave the Nespresso machine one weekend before deciding to go back to my faithful Breville espresso maker. For all the fancy packaging to make coffee pods look like fine Swiss chocolate, the coffee itself tasted lousy.

We had to pay $60 UPS to send it all back on their 30-day money-back guarantee -- let's hope they don't renege on a complete refund -- we had it for 1.5 weeks tops. Save yourself time and invest in a Keurig, or other comparably-priced coffee machine. If you want proper espresso, you're going to have to invest in a conventional system (grinder, porta-filter, milk frothing stick). Breville is great, but if money is no object, look at Gaggia or DeLonghi and others.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nespresso?

Original review: May 13, 2019

There's no online support for orders placed online. Calling in is the only option. But first one has to listen to a bunch of ads before getting any options. Not that it matters as they're not able to affect any change to an order placed a few hours ago. I called more than once, it's not a fluke. It's useless.

Original review: May 1, 2019

We have been buying Vertuoline coffee capsules for 10 years. Yesterday my latest order arrived with no sleeves and capsules were loose in the box. We purchased a capsule holder from Nespresso which holds the sleeves of coffee. I was told they discontinued the sleeves to save money. Mind you, they have not reduced the price of the coffee and I am being inconvenienced because they have made my holder obsolete. Tried to talk to a supervisor who never returned my call. First time in 10 years I have ever had reason to be disappointed with Nespresso. Maybe it is time to move on to a different machine!

Original review: April 26, 2019

We've had our Nespresso machine for 3 months and have really enjoyed it until... it started leaking out of the back all over the counter. We contacted Nespresso and they told us to descale it (which we had to pay for), which we did, and that did not work. We tried calling them 5 different times and no one was helpful. Finally, they told we had to mail the whole machine back in and they would assess it. This could take a few weeks. Does anyone else think a $300 machine should be leaking in months??? The coffee cups are not cheap either, so we've spent our fair share of money on this machine with no help from them. We had a Keurig before and I would definitely recommend a Keurig over a Nespresso. It never breaks down and the coffee pods are convenient to get at the store and cheaper than Nespresso. I am very, very disappointed in this company.

Original review: April 21, 2019

The machine I bought has a terrible design. It is flimsy, breaking frequently, overflows in the cup support tray making a mess of the surface on which it is placed. Also for the first time I decided to check the sleeves I ordered versus what was delivered. They shortchanged me by one sleeve, yet charged me the amount ordered. No idea how often this happens, as said was the first time I checked. Recommend everyone check when receiving their delivery.

Original review: March 24, 2019

$300 for a coffee maker that cannot draw water - Thought I would save money/time purchasing "high quality" coffee maker and could not have been more wrong. Because of, what is apparently a common problem the company knows about, (whereby products that sit on the shelf too long before being sold, develop a problem referred to interchangeably as "airlock" and "airblock,").

I spent hours searching YouTube, Amazon comments sections, the company's website and countless other sources trying every fix customers had to devise (because, after spending hours on the phone, the customer service departments invariably recommended they purchase another new machine) which ranged from disassembling the machine and literally blowing into the tube, pushing a Ziploc bag partially filled with air into the tank to try and force the water through, and running the machine hundreds of times, water still would not flow out of the dispenser.

This was frustrating and absolutely ridiculous. Coffee making machines have existed since 1908, so for a company like Nestle to not have the process by which water flows through the machine figured out is just absurd to me. Next time I'll just get a Coffee Mate for $60. I learned that more expensive doesn't always mean better; in this instance, more expensive meant much much worse. If I could give a lower score I would.

Original review: March 24, 2019

The coating in the Nespresso frother had bubbles in the seams at purchase. After a few uses the coating flaked off. I notified Nespresso and they refused to replace the item. This item was poorly made and manufacturer does not stand behind it or care that its item is defective.

Original review: March 12, 2019

I spend an average of $70 each time I order Nespresso pods for the Vertuo machine. Shipping is free for orders of this size, and they promise 1 day delivery with two options. I chose the delivery option that uses LaserShip. I placed my order at the Nespresso site on Sunday March 10. On Monday - which is the day I should have received my order (there is no caveat on the site about Sunday orders being delayed one day) - I checked on the order status at the LaserShip site. It showed the order delivery date as March 12th... so 1 day became 2 days. When I checked the LaserShip site today, March 12th, I see the delivery date is now March 13th. Now 1-day delivery becomes 3-day delivery.

I called Nespresso customer service. While the person I spoke with was quite helpful, what I learned was on the one hand encouraging (to a point), and on the other hand troubling. LaserShip told the Nespresso Rep that they add one day to the order delivery date they post "just in case" they miss the promised date. What? Would UPS or FedEx do that? I don't think so! So that's a real miss between Nespresso, who promises one-day delivery, and their shipping vendor, LaserShip, who adds a day "just in case" to the promised delivery date. Wow, hard to believe that Nespresso didn't work more closely with their shipping vendor to tell the same story.

The only glimmer of good news is that LaserShip "thinks" they'll deliver my order today, March 12th, one day later than Nespresso promised. But, if they don't deliver today, the Customer Rep says Nespresso will either send me a free gift (ehh) or refund the cost or my order (yeah... I hope they'd really do that - and I hope it's arrives today, instead of having to try to get "sort of promised" refund).

Original review: March 2, 2019

Their customer service is horrible!! I had called in several times before buying the machine and they were great. However, my brother advised me not to purchase it because I had to purchase the coffee through them and once they had me as a customer they won't be as nice. Well he was completely accurate!! So, since I have had the same experience as him, I'd have to say this is their style. I will not purchase other products from them in the future and I will NO LONGER RECOMMEND them!!! Best advice I can give to a new customer is do research and go elsewhere. Good service is underrated. For the price we pay for their product the service should be top notch!! Yet, they're rude to the point of almost harrassing.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

Serial Number: 170 482 A57 0594 92E 0Di. I purchased the Nespresso Vertuo Espresso Maker/Coffee Maker 1.3 years ago for my father's birthday (around November 10,2017). I was so so so excited about this Swiss product to be launched in the US and as soon as it did I waited for a great deal to purchase it. I LOVE coffee and so did my father and we were so happy to try it together. We loved everything about the Swiss coffee maker until unfortunately this morning it stopped working. My mom tried to make a cup of coffee and the machine was not processing or producing the coffee.

I reached out to Nespresso customer service in hopes of getting this resolved. The representative asked a variety of questions to find the root of the problem, however she "exhausted" all possible questions and said there is NOTHING she can do for me. One of her questions was in regards to the coffee pods and if I purchase them from the Nespresso website (not sure what difference this makes as the ones I buy from Amazon are the original Nespresso coffee pods).

The only reason I purchase off of Amazon is because I have Amazon Prime and receive free shipping. Nespresso requires a minimum of $35 for free shipping. I added the box of my pods to this review so that everyone can clearly see I am using the original Nespresso pods and not some fake ones on the market. The coffee cup shows how the coffee looks like after is it dispensed. Does NOT look like coffee, looks more like water. She also told me that my one year warranty has expired so my only option is to buy a brand new coffee maker.

I have never been more disappointed with customer service especially from a company that is so prestigious as Nespresso. I have invested my time and hundreds, if not thousands of dollars on coffee pods. If $200 means this much to a $3 billion dollar company than I am just completely flabbergasted. It shows that they are all about the money and not a single bit about the customer or service. This is so sad because I would love to continue using Nespresso, however this experience completely changed my outlook on the entire company. Nespresso, you do not deserve the money or time from any consumer!

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

Since I bought my Nespresso Inissia I rush home to get my best shots at home instead of the expensive café and coffee shops I used too frequent. I have small counter space; the machine fits beautiful and was reasonably priced. I've been making great espresso shots (no flavors, milk, cream, sugar PLEASE!) at home for years now. Nespresso's customer service and quick delivery are be1tter than any online shopping I've ever done!

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

I used my machine 6-7 times and had it just a few weeks. It stopped working and Nespresso customer service was rude and arrogant. Will only fix the machine (several week process). If I had purchased from any retailer I would have been able to return and replace such a new machine.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

After third Citiz/foamer machine failed to work I decided to write the only negative review I've ever written. Last maker only 5 months old. Used once a day to make one cup of coffee, it stopped producing water through the pod. After wasting much time on the phone with customer service who only wanted me to go through process of descaling machines that were perfectly clean over and over again. I gave up. They offered to replace with same machine or a different model that I didn't want. Expected a refund given that three machines failed. They won't refund purchase price. After reading many reviews, I see that there is a product defect. I just bought a Keurig.

Original review: July 27, 2018

I come from a family who drinks a lot of coffee and espresso. I currently have the Ninja coffee maker and the Nespresso. I bought the $250 combo pack of the Nespresso machine and milk frother. After just a few uses the machine started to brew inside and would not have the espresso come out of the spout. I called customer service and they walked me through cleaning the machine. I stated to them the machine was only used a few times but went through with the tedious cleaning process. After that did not work the woman stated it is a problem internally. She then said we no longer fix that machine so you'll have to buy a new one. So, after wasting $250 I now have a machine that doesn't work and can't even be fixed! What a ripoff! She then asked me if I wanted to purchase a new machine. Why in the world would I ever buy a Nespresso again? I would not recommend their machines to anyone and will never purchase one again!

Original review: April 27, 2018

I love the push-button features for brewing my coffee, and it doesn't take long to make coffee at all! To me, it makes the best taking coffee in the whole world! I also love the fact that you can make several cups of coffee as well! I really love all of the features on this coffee maker brand! I love the make, model, and color of this brand. I am very happy with it. I haven't found any other better brand other than this brand and I wouldn't purchase any other brand but this one. I love the fact that it has a timer and clock on the coffee maker! It is the best coffee maker brand I have ever used in many years! I would definitely recommend this coffee maker brand to friend and family member! It has the best quality! The only thing I dislike about this coffee maker brand is that it is sooo heavy when moving. But other than that, I've had the best experience using this coffee maker brand! I think this coffee maker brand is awesome!

Original review: April 26, 2018

It is very simple and easy to use and very quick too which was what I was looking for in a coffee maker. It makes delicious coffee that I need in the morning! Other coffee makers were too fancy, thus making them too expensive. It is good for the price, although it could be a little better. Still, I would not trade it for anything else. I would recommend!

Original review: April 25, 2018

I like the way it brews really quick and hot. Also it beeps to tell me when coffee is finished brewed. It has the date and time. It includes a filter and though it could be better it is environmentally safe which is good. I’m very bug on green products and the coffee taste smooth. I needed a new one and I drink a lot of coffee. Serves many cups of coffee which is perfect in my household where we drink 2 cups of coffee as a serving for one person lol. It was good price. It’s quick for early morning rush and easy to clean. But, they could have better filter and maybe different coffee brewing settings. Also maybe a self cleaner would be good and a cream dispenser would awesome. A spot for two coffee pots as well.

Original review: April 24, 2018

The Nespresso is faster when you're in a hurry but overall it's okay. I feel like sometimes it makes time go really slow but it's fine. It's convince is sometimes really helpful. It was Black Friday when I purchased the Nespresso and so I really didn't have a choice. Plus I wanted something for myself to enjoy and so I choose this coffee maker.

Original review: April 23, 2018

The Nespresso brand is a great value and it works wonderfully. I love the product. It easy to use and clean and it makes great and delete coffee every serving for my friends and family. I can also use it when we have neighbors over for some great coffee. I love coffee and this makes delicious coffee. The brand has ok features, look and color and nice design. However, the color of the product is boring. It will look nice with a vintage look and it'll be nice with better figures, better buttons to press on. But other than that, the Nespresso coffee maker is nice for the holidays when people are over for delicious coffee. I love how it works. It's easy to put together and it's fast. I used this brand because it has a great review and great stars. It also has good comments from previous customers.

Original review: April 20, 2018

Our overall experience with Nespresso has been good. I have had no significant problems because I clean it out regularly and it was not difficult to do so. I chose this brand because of the price and it had good reviews online and it had a timer. This coffee maker was reliable. But this brand could improve by changing the temperature of the coffee. It was not to my liking because I prefer my coffee to be brewed hot enough that putting cream in it won't cool it down too much.

Original review: April 18, 2018

I initially chose this brand because of the excellent and strong coffee they have. They also have a lot of choices in flavor and strength and have excellent customer service and fast delivery. I love that the coffee pods they provide are very strong; stronger than most other pods I can buy on the market. The machine was also long-lasting for a coffee maker and easy to clean. But I went away from this brand because of the price of the pods, too expensive for daily use for me. Our household would use about 5 or 6 pods daily and can save about $200 a month buying cheaper pods.

Original review: April 17, 2018

My experience with Nespresso is exceptional. I'm pleased with the quality my coffee maker because I am a true coffee drinker and that is truly important. It's as though they thought about me while making this machine. I chose it really because the advertisement sold me. I like that I am able to make different styles of coffee either hot or on ice for different days depending on how I feel. I like that you can choose from coffee to cappuccino to frappes.

It's amazing feature that really has me drawn to the fact that no matter what I'm in the mood for it can serve my needs. I wouldn't have to go out and spend money on a frappe because my coffee maker doesn't make them. Plus it adjust to the weather. Once summertime comes I have a my iced coffees and in the fall I have my cappuccino. However, I think there may be a little glitch in my coffee maker because sometimes it delays to start. When I walk away and think the coffee is being made it's not. And once my coffee was a little watery but not something that is always an issue. Every appliance has it issues from time to time.

Original review: April 16, 2018

I got my Nespresso as a gift for Christmas last year and I love it. It is a lot easier to use than I thought it would be and it is easy to clean up too. I am very busy and don't have time in the morning to clean up something complicated. If it was, I probably would not use it as much as I do. It is perfect for someone on the go. I discover more things I can do with it all the time, and that is fun! It lets me create multiple types of coffee. I can make a hot beverage or an iced beverage easily without having to perform extra steps. I can even add heated milk to create a latte drink with ease. I would have definitely bought one if I hadn't got this as a gift. But I wish there were more coffee bean flavor options. Maybe they could also have an interactive website that lets us in on an exclusive menu or have new things to order and that would be great. Other than that, I am happy with my machine.

Original review: April 15, 2018

Nespresso is very modern and really very easy to use and makes a really great cup of coffee enjoyed by everyone in the family, and of course, it has been very durable. I like the design, color, how it is so easy to figure its functionality, user friendly features and everyone being able to use it.

Original review: April 14, 2018

A family member had good experiences and recommended that I buy one too. It was easy to make my coffee, and I was very thankful on how quickly it would brew hot coffee. I liked that I could chose the color of the machine and my cup size too. Sadly, my machine did not last very long. I got it fixed and then gave it away. I just cannot stand something that does not work right especially after spending so much money. Also, I was not a fan of the fact that the machine would only stay on for about 9 minutes before shutting itself off.

Original review: April 8, 2018

I chose this coffee maker because it was a lot different than the other coffee makers I have purchased in the past. It brews fast and easily it makes just enough cups for everyone. The coffee is fresh and hot when it's done and it smells and tastes good too. It works well with others and it has a variety of ways to brew the coffee. But when I first used it, I was confused at how to start the coffee, or set the clock on it. Also the burnt smell is gross when it has been sitting out too long. I would improve the quality of the coffee or the amount of coffee being used. More variety of colors would also be nice too.

Nespresso expert review by Jonathan Trout

Nespresso engineers machines designed to give you a quality cup of espresso coffee in your home or office. It has two lines of machines, Virtuo and Original, that each has close to 20 models. Models range from $149 to $600. It also makes two lines of Nespresso coffee that come in the form of aluminum pods.

• VertuoLine: Nespresso machines in the VertuoLine family use technology called Gentle Centrifusion to extract flavor from the grounds. This gives your espresso a rich, aromatic and silky finish. The VertuoLine offers two sizes of coffee capsules that have the perfect amount of coffee for a half or full cup.

• OriginalLine: Nespresso machines in the OriginalLine use a high-pressure (19-bar) extraction system to brew coffee. This distributes high-pressured water evenly through the ground coffee. OriginalLine offers a large variety of espresso coffee flavors, each with its own flavor profile.

• VirtuoLine coffee: Nespresso’s VirtuoLine coffee includes 16 flavor profiles that can be filtered by eight intensity levels. You can find full descriptions, intensity levels and flavor profiles online. A 10-pack of 10 different flavors (100 capsules) is $102.50.

• OriginalLine coffee: Nespresso’s OriginalLine coffee includes 24 flavor profiles, including decaf coffee. All flavors, profiles and intensity levels can be seen online. You can get 15 varieties of coffee (150 capsules) for $108.30.

• Accessories: Nespresso offers multiple accessories for each line of machines. You can find glass espresso cups, capsule storage racks and capsule dispensers.

• Best for: consumers looking for a high-quality, easy to use espresso machine.

Profile picture of Jonathan Trout