3.60/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Nespresso

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Nespresso Reviews

Original review: Nov. 17, 2019

Horrible customer service. They had me calling them back for 4 hours to then tell me my machine has a "defective" pump. Then told me I had to pay $125 to repair it. Why would I pay for. defective part? The representatives had me calling back for computer issues, while they were laughing in the background. Unprofessional and mean customer service. They made me use all of my cleaning product and now I have to purchase more and repair their defective pump?

Keurig never gave me any issues and they have excellent customer service. DO NOT Purchase NESPRESSO. There has to be a better company out there. They are supposed to be high quality and they are not.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

My Nespresso machine stopped working as it needed to be descaled. During the process to descale a tube in the machine cracked/started leaking. This is a small rubber tube. I contacted Nespresso and they only offered to give me a discount on a new machine. They would not provide me with option to purchase part and thus my several hundred dollar machine is no longer usable. I will not purchase another Nespresso product due to their unwillingness to provide support/part.

Get expert buying tips about Coffee Makers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2019

Bought in May 2019 and problems started almost immediately. Phoned in several times - got resetting information - eventually sent machine in for repair. Came back, after 2 cups, same problems. Two more phone calls, do resetting and other things and same problems. Asked for replacement. They want me to return machine again and I have refused saying I would like a new machine. Problems have existed from the start. They won't do that. I was getting so stressed, I told them to forget it and put the phone down. I'll go back to my French press!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2019

Where do I begin? Returning capsules reminds me of returning contraband to the privately owned Putin's warehouse. No return information online, you dial customer service number and get an advice to donate capsules to someone whose machine hasn't broken. Customer service Ghandi spelled it out to me thinking it is a language barrier - do-na-te. Since obviously $100 worth of extravaganza coffee will energize the needy with the appropriate $250 coffeemaker. Then you pay for your return and wait a month (!) for it because it takes forever to reach warehouse in New Jersey.

The return address is also something kept in secret because God forbid coffee drinkers will have it freely available on their website. Coffee missionaries will flood New Jersey coffee Mecca aka Nespresso warehouse. Customer service representative hastily dictates to you from what it sounds like a bulletproof chamber and almost have a stroke when you try to repeat it back "Yes, like I said, just like I said, Randolph's Avenue in Avenel" as if that address doesn't sound like one demographic lie.

Also if your sorry coffee-deprived hands opened "the sleeve", tried one capsule, found it tasting like poison, well, donate, like she said, to the enemy (my suggestion) since it is disqualified for return. Never in my life did I wish I could just stomach Folger's drip coffee and called it a day. But last time I drank Folger's Britney was drinking Pepsi and hugging pythons. Alas.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2019

Absolutely pathetic service. I ordered with a small problem in the address. Then I called in the morning at 8 am on 10/17 and was assured by the agent that the address has been changed to Indianapolis. Because I didn't receive an email confirmation, I called again at 9 pm on 10/17 and was told that the address is the same. Then I asked for the address to be changed and was told to cancel the order and place another one. I asked for an email confirmation and was told that I could not receive one.

After that, I called back in 5 mins and was told that the order is rerouted to Seattle (my address), instead of Indianapolis (my brother's address and machine was intended for his birthday). I tried explaining that this needs to go to Indianapolis and agent suggested reorder, like the previous agent. Frustrated I asked for cancelling so that I can get money back. Absolutely pathetic service. Nespresso has been most disappointing. Hate this service. I want my money back and I want credits for this frustration to send the gift I intended for my brother!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nespresso?

Original review: Oct. 1, 2019

I am bewildered and frustrated that they have not honored the last several promo codes I’ve been emailed. Their excuse being, that I placed my order on their app. Why would their app work against their customer's benefit?! Also- the last couple orders, were sent with samples for a different machine. When notified of this- they stated, they’d add it to the next order. Which never happened. I’ve spent almost $1000 with this company, and they can’t simple send a free sleeve, that was promised and the correct type of sample to make their customer happy? Asinine. DON’T give them your money- or time.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2019

I have a Nespresso machine and enjoy the same cup of coffee with the pre-measured coffee pods. Nespresso regularly sends freebies emails. Buy so many sleeves of coffee pods and receive a freebie of something. Today I received an email with the freebie being a free sleeve of our favorite coffee. So I decided to do the purchase of 9 sleeves of coffee to get our freebie coffee. There was no place on the purchase page to enter the freebie code. This is the second time I decided to do this and there was no place to enter the freebie code. I had to call and spend too much time to accomplish this task. I had to do the call since my purchase went through without my freebie gift. Why advertise for something when it’s impossible to accomplish?

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

My first & last online order with Nespresso. I wish I would not have invested this much money on them. I should have done my research beforehand. I placed an order on Sept. 12 & online tracking number stated I would receive it on sept. 18.. Today is the 19th & I contacted them because it said they delivered it to a New Jersey address. I’m in CA! Well, they cancelled my order and didn’t notify me. Now I’m left with NO coffee. & I have to wait 30 days for a refund & they expect me to place another order with no credit. I have to make a whole new purchase again. Very unprofessional & frustrating. SAVE YOUR MONEY & headaches.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

I bought a Nespresso Vertuo coffee maker. Exactly two weeks before my one year warranty was up the machine started making foamy water at the cost of about 1.20 per cup. I called Nespresso to have my machine serviced. They said that a loaner was on the way and I was to return mine for repairs. I waited two weeks, and now every single cup was coming out water so lots of money was wasted. Two weeks and no loaner, no word from Nespresso...nothing, so I had to buy a new machine so the two hundred dollars of coffee I bought did not go to waste. Not very good customer service to expect people to wait more than two weeks for a coffee. BTW I did descale the machine twice but it did nothing.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2019

I bought Lattissima Touch Glam Nespresso machine. It is very expensive. Regarding the performance it doesn't give a nice coffee, the coffee is cold. The milk doesn't froth nicely. And what I want to say that Nespresso have Delonghi and Breville for the small or home machines and 3 other for commercial machines you can find the same brands in the market much cheaper than Nespresso. What I mean just to add Nespresso name on them you have to pay double price. So don't let them fool you, buy straight from the original brand.

Nespresso expert review by Jonathan Trout

Nespresso engineers machines designed to give you a quality cup of espresso coffee in your home or office. It has two lines of machines, Virtuo and Original, that each has close to 20 models. Models range from $149 to $600. It also makes two lines of Nespresso coffee that come in the form of aluminum pods.

• VertuoLine: Nespresso machines in the VertuoLine family use technology called Gentle Centrifusion to extract flavor from the grounds. This gives your espresso a rich, aromatic and silky finish. The VertuoLine offers two sizes of coffee capsules that have the perfect amount of coffee for a half or full cup.

• OriginalLine: Nespresso machines in the OriginalLine use a high-pressure (19-bar) extraction system to brew coffee. This distributes high-pressured water evenly through the ground coffee. OriginalLine offers a large variety of espresso coffee flavors, each with its own flavor profile.

• VirtuoLine coffee: Nespresso’s VirtuoLine coffee includes 16 flavor profiles that can be filtered by eight intensity levels. You can find full descriptions, intensity levels and flavor profiles online. A 10-pack of 10 different flavors (100 capsules) is $102.50.

• OriginalLine coffee: Nespresso’s OriginalLine coffee includes 24 flavor profiles, including decaf coffee. All flavors, profiles and intensity levels can be seen online. You can get 15 varieties of coffee (150 capsules) for $108.30.

• Accessories: Nespresso offers multiple accessories for each line of machines. You can find glass espresso cups, capsule storage racks and capsule dispensers.

• Best for: consumers looking for a high-quality, easy to use espresso machine.

Profile picture of Jonathan Trout