Need a home alarm?
We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: May 3, 2015

1 My Alarm Center Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: May 3, 2015

I bought a new house and they have not been able to transfer over the service from the previous owner after three phone calls and a visit from a technician. I've set the alarm off in error 3 times and the police have shown up each time because I did not receive a phone call from My Alarm Center (the previous owner is getting the calls). I can't believe I'm trusting my life and home with this company. DO NOT USE.

My Alarm Center expert review by Erin Raub

Founded in 2000, My Alarm Center offers advanced security tools as part of their monitoring services. They work with local technicians to make installations as easy and comprehensive as possible.

• Cellular monitoring: With cellular monitoring, even if a burglar cuts the phone lines before finding an entry point, the alarm system still works. If the power is out, cellular systems still work.

• Local installers: By working with a network of local installers, My Alarm Center gives customers fast installation and better communication.

• Home automation: The MyHome® service allows consumers to remotely arm and disarm their security system, control their lights and thermostats and view live video from any installed security cameras.

• Video monitoring: The MyHome Premier package includes video monitoring that consumers can view remotely. In addition to live streaming video, the package also offers storage for recorded footage.

• Real-time alerts: My Alarm Center sends real-time alerts via text message that notify homeowners of any problems or concerns.

• Best for: Homeowners, renters and businesses.

Profile picture of Erin Raub
Erin Raub

Alarm & Security Systems Contributing Editor

Erin Raub is a freelance writer, content marketer and blogger. She writes about home security and family safety, as well as digital marketing and business. Erin is also an experienced travel writer, and knows having a trustworthy security system can make any time away from home even more enjoyable.

My Alarm Center questions and answers

What problem is My Alarm Center trying to solve?
Consumers want to keep their homes, possessions and most importantly their loved ones safe in these troubling times. Consumers want increased control over security and home automation but still want a professional security company monitoring their home. My Alarm Center provides that solution.
What sets your company apart from the competition?
Unlike many of our competitors, My Alarm Center offers best in class 24/7 monitoring along with all the latest in home security and automation products.
What needs do your products or services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
Our company provides proven security and home automation products, professional installation, top-notch customer service and best-in-class monitoring. Because we are not a one-size-fits-all national company, we bring a hyper local focus to providing security and home automation.
How does My Alarm Center measure success?
We look at a number of metrics to gauge success. The most important of these include our internal and external customer service scores as well as the level of repeat and word-of-mouth business that we receive.
What’s the most common misconception consumers have about home security?
These days, many consumers believe that if they have a security camera and an app, that they and their loved ones are protected from home invasions, burglary or fire. But if that home is not also being monitored by a professional security company, it is not truly protected.
How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
There has been a revolution in home automation and security products through “the internet of things”. Unfortunately, this ability to “self monitor” has given many consumers a false sense of security. Who is watching your home, pets or kids when you can not?
What is something you wish every consumer knew about My Alarm Center?
We wish that every consumer could see the level of training our employees go through and the level of dedication they bring to keeping our customers safe and secure.
Has My Alarm Center received any awards or recognition your customers should know about?
We have received an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau.
How has your company grown or evolved?
My Alarm Center was always a best-in-class security company but over the past few years we have also become leaders in providing home automation solutions that put more control in the hands of our customers.

My Alarm Center Company Information