2. Homeowners

Murray Lawn Mowers

3.9/5 (246 ratings)

About Murray Lawn Mowers

Murray Lawn Mowers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Murray Lawn Mowers?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Murray?

Original review: Aug. 6, 2020

I bought this 21 inch push mower, self-propelled and mulching, from Walmart in September 2019. The mulch flap flew off while I was mowing and I cannot find the parts in my lawn to reattach it. Finding the replacement parts is impossible because Model # MNA1560N is not listed in any internet search, nor in the Murray/Briggs & Stratton website. This is so odd to me. I have all the manuals that came with the mower, and the parts schematic does not list them either. No reply from Murray!!

When you take care of your stuff, it is important to have access to the tools you need in order to replace parts, namely, something as simple as part numbers! Performance wise, it is rear wheel drive and is fine moving forward but it is extremely difficult to maneuver backwards, which you need to do often when trying to mow angles or fence corners etc. Yes, I disengage the self propel line when pulling the mower backwards!! I will continue to try to locate the part or reach somebody who can help me, but I will not buy another Murray product because of the parts issue.

Original review: July 31, 2020

I am simply trying to buy a replacement blade. I called the phone number on the mower, and the person on the phone refused to speak clearly, blamed the problem on the pandemic, and stated I should call back in a few weeks. THEY should call the customer back, if they want business. Now I understand why their product is sold at Walmart. I went to the Murray web page, described the problem. I received an automatic response saying they would respond in 48 hours. That did not happen either. Next I will make a review of their sorry response to post on You Tube, hoping to save other customers time and money.

Original review: May 17, 2020

I bought this 17.5 hp riding mower in July 2019. It hangs up in directional gear. Whether it's forward or reverse. I called for repair shop on warranty. The shop I was given name of says they will not work on it cause it was purchased at WalMart. Now it has died and won't restart. Has gas, battery is good. But no fire. So now who am I supposed to get to work on it with the warranty? Not a happy camper. This mower isn't even a year old yet. I will never buy another Murray at Walmart.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2019

Bought this riding mower in 2003 for our South Texas waterfront property. WE Have kept up with regular maintenance and keeping it clean after each use; minimal care. It's a 46" Murray and it has been a workhorse. I'm thinking I will probably need a new one pretty soon and if I can find the same one I have now, I will buy it. Have had to replace the battery and some tires since mesquite tree branches are hard on tires. Other than that, this has been a great riding mower.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

I bought a Murray 21" push lawn mower from Walmart on May 6, 2019. Used it 3 times and went to use for the fourth time and it will not start. When you pull, it sounds like something is grinding in the motor. We spent $184 with tax and only got 3 uses out of it. Emailed Murray and they want to say issues with fuel and it's not covered under warranty. Fuel issues wouldn't be causing the motor to grind when pulling to start. Such a waste of money!!!

Original review: April 11, 2019

I bought my latest one (and it was used) about 10 years ago and it's still running fine. Other than changing the main belt a couple times and a battery or two over the years, it's a good little tractor. The one I had before I owned for about 13 years and it worked fine too and I was mowing 2.5 acres every week or so. This newer one (2005 model) has the Briggs motor and that's a plus. They're smaller and lighter weight than the big name brands, but I also take care of what I own.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

Yet another engineering piece of **. Expertly engineered primer button to ensure that it will NOT work 95+ percent of the time. One must remove the air cleaner to spray starting fluid to get it started. Mind blowing stupidity on the part of modern day companies.

Original review: July 27, 2018

I’ve had this mower for over 14 years in Florida where you mow all year around and twice a week in the summer. It has been flawless besides normal maintenance.

Original review: July 13, 2018

The Murray mowers were sold by Walmart. They were cheap, relatively easy to maintain and durable. Mine is about 15 years old. It has been to see the walrus.

Original review: June 12, 2018

This lawn mower is totally unsafe and should be recalled. The gas cap will not stay on the gas tank and when it comes off gas splashes out on the hot mower. I have run over (3) three gas caps since I've had it and had to replace them so I could use the mower. The gas cap setup needs to be redesigned to a screw - on gas cap, not a twist and lock, which it doesn't do.

Murray Lawn Mowers Company Information