Find an Online Bathroom Fixtures and Plumbing partner

Mount Vernon, NY

3.9/5 (218 ratings)
Find an Online Bathroom Fixtures and Plumbing partner
Banner image

Need help with a bathroom project?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

About Mr. Rooter Plumbing

Banner image

Need help with a bathroom project?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Mr. Rooter Plumbing Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mr. Rooter Plumbing?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mr. Rooter Plumbing?

Original review: Dec. 21, 2020

Kept telling me they would be coming in an hour and went through most of the day calling every hour and no show. Their sales manager is useless and not trustworthy. Find someone else to help. The dispatcher has no experience at her job.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2020

Called Mr. Rooter for backed-up bathroom sink. Plumber arrived, said we had galvanized steel pipes, old, and he would not use the auger to clear drain. Needed a smaller one which he does not carry on truck anymore. Suggested 1700.00 worth of work to get my drain unclogged. We declined. Purchased 65.00 dollar bottle of drain cleaner and paid 185.00 for visit... A total of 245.00 and my drain is still clogged. Husband called and expressed our discontent and was told they would not refund our money but would send someone else out for another 185.00. We declined. I would not recommend this company to my worst enemy.

Get buying tips about Online Bathroom Fixtures and Plumbing delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2020

They do not give an itemized bill. They overcharge about 75% more for the parts and labor than they actually cost. I believe because of the neighborhood I live in they think that overcharging is alright.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2020

Felt like I was ripped off. When you call and get their recording, it lists all of the things you can expect. I got none of that except for the smile. The guy used auger and unstopped it. My husband is actually under hospice care and I accidentally dropped the lid from his urinal and flushed before I knew it. I told him that. He did get it unstopped and it flushed twice. Charged $175.00. Next day, it was stopped up again. Guy told me that if what he did didn't work, I would need new toilet and cost of all would be $650.00. I called someone else and he took toilet outside and got lid out. I have called several times to question bill and see if there would be any kind of discount since it wasn't fixed. They do offer a Sr discount, but you have to ask for it.

Ridiculous, when they can see my 83 yr old husband in bed. I left word and the girl told me she sent owner email to see if he would do something. After 4 calls and no return call, I'm writing this review. TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!! Being on a fixed income only, $175 was a lot of money to have to then pay someone else to actually fix the problem.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2020

If you are desperate to have a plumbing emergency fixed please DO NOT CALL THIS COMPANY. We called this company hoping they could come out quickly to inspect a clogged bathroom drain on (8/19/20). The technician never even told us his name. He immediately diagnosed the problem as a clogged sewer line without even inspecting our toilet or pipes. He told us it would be $579 to snake our line and that he would have no problem clearing the line, again without even visually evaluating the plumbing. The technician proceeded to set up all his equipment in my residence without the use of protective gear or tarps, he even joked to my husband "how dirty and covered in sewage" the equipment was.

My 5 year old son had also had a surgical procedure done the same day so we were obviously concerned about the germs and bacteria being brought into our home and sat on the floor without a tarp or covering, the technician said they follow a rigorous clean up procedure once they are finished. After sending the snake down 45ft the technician told us our main line was broken outside the house and that he had to "call his manager". We later found out from another professional plumber that 45ft wouldn't have even been enough snake to reach the outside line. The technician came back in and advised us that his Manager could send another crew to our house the next day to run a camera and evaluate our broken line from another $400.

I advised the technician that we weren't comfortable with that considering that we were not having any other signs of a broke pipe. I also asked for the technician's supervisor's phone number so we could speak to him about the price to partially snake our line since the technician guaranteed he would be able to unclog it and did not. The technician told us he would give us the number once he packed up. He proceeded to pack up his gear, performed no cleaning, left our bathroom and hallway completely covered in sewage. He put our toilet back on but left a piece of the toilet in our bathtub, completely foregoing to install it under the toilet. The technician advised us that he would be back with his supervisor's phone number. He NEVER RETURNED, got in his truck and left.

No formal bill was given to us, no statement of what services were performed. We don't even know his name. I have photo evidence of all the damages including damaged to our floor and woodwork. This was the WORST EXPERIENCE I have ever encountered with a "professional" company. I felt completely taken a advantage of, it felt as if the technician knew we were desperate with a sick child and he saw a opportunity to exploit the situation. We are assuming the company will try to bill us for this botched experience. PLEASE DO YOURSELF A FAVOR, DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. If anyone is interested in seeing the photos please email me at **.

Original review: July 15, 2020

I have been a preferred customer of Mr. Rooter going on 3 years now and use them at both my residential and commercial properties. Recently I had a problem with a toilet at my commercial property. They came out quickly and diagnosed and fixed the problem and gave a 30 day warranty at over $380.00. They had to come out again within the 30 days and snake the toilet again. I called for a third time 33 days later because the same problem was occurring. They came out and diagnosed the problem differently and wanted to charge $500.00 for snaking the drains a third time. Not only did they not diagnose the problem correctly the first time I find the price for the new diagnosis exorbitant, especially during these pandemic times. I will not be using them in the future. They could have just came out and fixed the problem.

Original review: May 13, 2020

We purchased new fixtures for the tub and shower in our master bath. I called today to schedule an appointment. I was able to get one scheduled for today, and the plumber arrived by noon (well within their indicated time window). Ken did a nice job in installing our new fixtures, including advising me in advance of the installation cost and any potential issues with replacing the old fixtures. The work was done well and the work area was clean. All is in working order. This is how service ought to be!

Original review: May 13, 2020

I paid premium price 15,000 to get lies and total disrespect for my house. Complete filthy job and wasn’t even able to tape the plastic correct to prevent the dust from infiltrating upon my entire home.

Original review: May 4, 2020

I called Rooter to install for me a Reverse Osmosis water filter for my home. For this simple installation they wanted to charge me $750. They said this was 'industry standard'. I thought this sounded fishy so I declined. I then received an estimate from another plumbing company and they only charged me $185 and it took the plumber 15 minutes to install it. Do not trust these people to give you a fair price.

Original review: April 20, 2020

I had a service call. 2 guys came. They were too focused on giving me an estimate for a 30k repair job that they forgot about the what they came for. They charged me 630 the 1st day. Later that night we had problems in the same are. They wouldn't come the same day. They came the next day and charged me another 220. A month later we are still having the same problem. Very dishonest people and only after your money. DO NOT CALL THEM.

Mr. Rooter Plumbing Company Information