2. Homeowners
  3. Coffee Makers

225 International Pkwy, Lake Mary, Florida 32746

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.92/5

Mr. Coffee Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mr. Coffee?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mr. Coffee?

Original review: July 31, 2020

I prefer this type of coffee maker over the pod types as I am able to make a full pot of coffee. I like having a large cup of coffee and am limited on the amount with a pod, even on the largest setting. I also have the ability to make just one or two cups at a time instead of a full pot. The best thing is the money I save on buying coffee in cans vs pods. I will never buy another pod (K-cup) type coffee maker again.

Original review: July 29, 2020

I like my 12 cup Mr Coffee Maker because when I worked, I ended up drinking the whole pot over the course of a day. Now I'm retired, but I still like to have that left over coffee ready made for me to heat up during the day. It was not an expensive coffee maker and it has lasted many years. I would buy the same coffee maker again.

Get buying tips about Coffee Makers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 20, 2020

I just purchased a MR. Coffee. It brews 10 cups and is the "stripped down version" meaning that it just brews coffee. There is no delayed start, timer, etc. I never use those features anyway. When I am bleary eyed in the morning, I need SIMPLE. No buttons that I can accidentally push and then spend 20 minutes reading the instruction booklet to reprogram the darn thing. It is a simple affordable machine.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2020

We love Mr. Coffee.... been buying them for years.... usually about every 12-14 months is about all you can get out of one.... $29.96 at Walmart.... and amortized over a 12 month period.... it comes to $2.50 per month for exclusive use thereof.... around .08¢ per day.... we'll take it.... Our acceptance level is pretty high on this unit not lasting much more that 12 months.... lol.... and next year at this time, I'll go buy another one!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

I wasn't in the market for a Mr. Coffee, but when I noticed the updated appearance and relatively low price I thought it was worth a try. Frankly, I have been surprised at how wonderful this particular model of Mr. Coffee operates. My preferences are pretty simple--hot, fresh, and robust black coffee. The thermal carafe keeps the coffee hot much more efficiently than a heating element, and since the coffee isn't being heated it retains its freshness. There is absolutely no bitter taste with any left-overs that I may drink at lunch. And yes, the coffee is still warm at lunch time...pretty remarkable. I also like how easy it is to fill with water; the reservoir comes off which makes it easy to deal with. And it makes a great tasting cup of coffee. It's an attractive, effective, and easy-to-operate coffee maker. I highly recommend this model of Mr. Coffee.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2020

Does not last long enough, already need to replace it 11/2 yrs. It leaks water from the bottom & I have to keep refilling with water to get a 6 cups of coffee and wipe up water from the counter & floor.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2020

It comes with a built in filter which is nice. Brewing is pretty quick. I do wish it was a little hotter though. I do like the auto shut off. Twelve cup amount is plenty. It offers a set ahead to brew timer which is convenient.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2020

I love my Mr. Coffee, coffee maker. It has the insulated decanter, which keeps my coffee warm without keeping the heat on which makes the coffee too strong and bitter. With my coffee in the insulated decanter, I am able to drink a cup of coffee in the afternoon and it is still warm.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2020

The coffee is very consistent in quality. However, it always seems better when my wife makes the coffee than me. The unit is easy to use and has all the required features at a reasonable price. The unit is easy to clean and reassemble.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2020

It is a simple coffee maker that can brew a whole pot or as little as 2 cups. The cost is cheap and the coffee maker does the trick. I am able to set a timer so it automatically brews my coffee for me so that it is ready when I wake up. I find that feature extremely convenient. Overall I am pleased with my purchase.

Mr. Coffee author review by Jonathan Trout

Mr. Coffee specializes in making and selling drip and speciality coffee makers, espresso machines and coffee accessories and replacement parts. It makes multiple models of drip brewers that brew anywhere from four to 12 cups. You can choose from different models of cappuccino, espresso and latte machines, all with different features.

• Personal Coffeemaker: Mr. Coffee’s Pour! Brew! Go! Personal Coffeemaker is just big enough to make a single cup or a travel mug full of coffee. Measuring just 12 inches tall and 5 inches wide, it perfectly fits the provided travel mug. The top holds loose ground coffee, eliminating the need for coffee pods. Personal coffee makers come in six bright colors and cost $19.99.

• Versatile brewer: Mr. Coffee’s Versatile Brew 12-cup coffee maker can brew a 12-cup pot of coffee or a single cup of coffee with the push of a button. The single cup side can fit a mug or travel mug for easy, grab-and-go coffee. The machine also has a hot water lever so you can get hot water on the spot for things like oatmeal or mac and cheese. The Versatile brewer is $79.99.

• Performance brewer: Mr. Coffee makes seven models in their Performance Brew line of coffee makers. They feature large brew-heads that shower the grounds with water instead of flooding them, which makes for a fuller flavor. They come with water filtration systems, delay timers, brew-strength selectors and two-hour shut-off timers. Performance brewers range in price from $49.99 to $59.99.

• Latte maker: Mr. Coffee makes a 24-ounce capacity latte maker called Cafe Latte that brews and froths your grounds into a latte. You add ground coffee to the brew basket, milk and additional ingredients in the carafe, and the latte maker whips up a latte using your favorite recipe. Latte makers are $99.99.

• Espresso machines: Mr. Coffee makes three styles of espresso makers ranging in technology and capacity. Their least expensive model ($39.99) makes 20 ounces of espresso and froths milk so you can make lattes and cappuccinos as well. The Cafe Barista is Mr. Coffee’s most expensive model and is a three-in-one espresso, latte and cappuccino maker. You can select a single or double shot filter, select your grounds, fill the milk reservoir and add recipe ingredients. The Cafe Barista does the work for you. It costs $199.99.

by Jonathan Trout ConsumerAffairs Research Team