2. Homeowners
  3. Coffee Makers

225 International Pkwy, Lake Mary, Florida 32746

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.98/5

Mr. Coffee Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mr. Coffee?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mr. Coffee?

Original review: Jan. 28, 2020

I purchased an expensive Mr. Coffee coffeemaker in 2017 and within a year it stopped working even after cleaning it properly. I called on the warranty and after being told I could take it to a service provider was then told I had to call another number because they wouldn’t fix it. When I spoke to the second rep (after waiting quite a while) I was told I had to give the serial number and plug number and they would send me a new one which they did. The new one stopped working after a year also so I called again. This time I had to include photos and was told I’d receive an email which never occurred. I called back again. This time I got an email saying I needed the original receipt. What a bunch of b.s. and a total runaround. I will never purchase one of your products again and will definitely spread the word.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2019

Mr. Coffee KNX Series. If I could give this less than 1 star, I would. After having only a few months, it stopped working. Product beeped and all that, but no coffee forthcoming from the machine. Will not be buying any more Mr. Coffee brands after this...just wanted to let folks know not to buy this series.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

I wasn't in the market for a Mr. Coffee, but when I noticed the updated appearance and relatively low price I thought it was worth a try. Frankly, I have been surprised at how wonderful this particular model of Mr. Coffee operates. My preferences are pretty simple--hot, fresh, and robust black coffee. The thermal carafe keeps the coffee hot much more efficiently than a heating element, and since the coffee isn't being heated it retains its freshness. There is absolutely no bitter taste with any left-overs that I may drink at lunch. And yes, the coffee is still warm at lunch time...pretty remarkable. I also like how easy it is to fill with water; the reservoir comes off which makes it easy to deal with. And it makes a great tasting cup of coffee. It's an attractive, effective, and easy-to-operate coffee maker. I highly recommend this model of Mr. Coffee.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

My wife bought me a Mr Coffee maker 12 cup for Christmas. l plug it in but didn't work. Was not informed that I would need a transformer as we are in the UK. I think it burnt out. We can't afford to return to the USA. It started to put water through but stop. We got a converter for the plug. We have look at it and it looks ok. l only drink coffee and the coffee makers that we have here only stay on for a short time. My wife got this one as it stays on longer.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2019

Stay away from this model if you want to make strong coffee. No matter how many scoops of coffee I make, the coffee is WEAK. I’ve tried different measures, less water, more ground coffee and coffee is as weak as ever! It’s not the coffee I’m using either. I’ve been making and drinking the same brand now for over a year. When you pour from the carafe, it’s awfully slow but I could live with that if the coffee came out the way I like it.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

I was gifted a brand new coffee pot for my baby shower. I just had a baby and I am a first time mom so someone thought I would need some coffee to help me through the long nights of motherhood. Well, I opened up the coffee pot, set it up to make coffee, turned it on, and NOTHING. A brand new coffee pot doesn’t work. I contacted customer service and they said there was nothing they could do. They should be ashamed of their selves. I’m never buying a Mr coffee pot again that’s for SURE!!??

Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

Pot beeps loud when done brewing. Unnecessary function if coffee is decent. Pot leaks and it's not coffee! Pause and brew never worked and caused many many issues due to that. Do not buy! Customer service was not helpful.

Original review: July 5, 2019

Since October 2014, (4.5 years) I have been through four Mr. Coffee Coffeemakers. The coffeemakers are used in a residential environment and on average are used once a day for no more than 2 hours to brew a single pot of coffee. The extra "bells & whistles" functions are very rarely used. It seems to be an issue in design as the units last on average 2 yrs in a minimum use environment. These are not the units of the '70’s.

• Purchased October 2014/Model: BVMC-TJX37. Unit stopped brewing coffee.
    • Purchased May 13, 2015/Model: BVMC-EHX23. Unit stopped brewing coffee.
    • Received January 23, 2016/Model: BVMC-EHX23. Unit leaked water from bottom of unit.

• Received October 25, 2016/Model: FTX45-1-NP. Unit stopped brewing coffee 5/2019.

Original review: April 22, 2019

I bought the Mr. Coffee MODEL# BVBMC-SJX33GT back in 2011, and it's still working after brewing 5+, 12-cup pots a day, for 9 years! I clean it thoroughly, once a week with a cleaning solution. I used to use the Brew-Rite cleaner, but have had trouble finding it this last year. So now I'm using the Affresh Coffeemaker cleaner tablets. This coffeemaker has delayed brew, digital clock and timer, brew strength option, auto shut off after 2 hours, brew completion beeps, brew pause, and a choice between a glass carafe, or a metal thermal one.

I love this coffeemaker and will be disappointed when it finally goes out. Don't know why everyone is having so many issues with their Mr. Coffee Coffeemakers, but I suspect many, if not most, are user abuse and neglect, and error. You've got to take care of, and regularly clean your coffeemaker. If you neglect it, it won't last. And if you have hard water, it is even more important to regularly clean your maker, as the scale builds up and clogs lines, disrupts water flow, seizes up delicate parts, and causes heating elements to overheat and quit!

Ask a plumber about the destructive effects on water heaters, pipes faucets and appliances from hard water scale deposits! The damage is astronomical, but easily preventable with a water softener for your entire home, and bottled water for your coffeemaker, or other water using devices. Regular maintenance is essential to prevent or reduce the damage.

Otherwise, you're going to go in debt, replacing and repairing destroyed appliances and home devices that use the water. Past that, if you're unwilling to do the necessary requirements to maintain a product long term, you'll be a mad, disappointed and miserable consumer. Due diligence is required and that seems to be something many lack these days. They want to plug it in and it work all the time, with no effort on their part to maintain it. And I've yet to see any product capable of performing under those neglectful and ignorant conditions, for any length of time! Have a great day, and drink more coffee.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

I was given a Mr. Coffee IMX41 coffee maker at Christmas. From day one I found it impossible to pour a cup of coffee without dripping coffee all over the counter. I sent e-mails to their consumer complaints address on two different occasions over the course of two weeks and have heard nothing in response. Seems their products and their customer service department are both of inferior quality.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

This coffee maker is awful. Too much technology causes it to constantly go on the fritz. The first thing that happened is the “cleaning” light came on. I followed the instructions for cleaning, and the light just kept blinking and the coffee maker would not brew coffee correctly. I finally “fixed” that problem by unplugging the coffee maker and plugging it back in. Fast forward 1 week. NOW, TODAY, I go to brew my coffee. I press the brew button. Coffee maker beeps like it is finished brewing, but nothing is happening. I have REPEATEDLY tried to press the button, to no avail. This coffee maker is TRASH. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY. I would’ve thought out of all the companies out there, Mr. Coffee would make a decent coffee maker, but no, they don’t. Don’t bother.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

I have just had my third Mr. Coffee 12 cup coffee maker die in just a few years. I bought the first and it started slowing down after a year or two so I would use the de-scaling solution to clear things up, which helped for a short time. Eventually it simply wouldn't work. I bought a second identical one and it had similar issues but they seemed to come on much more quickly and it too soon died. I inherited another identical model which was fairly new and worked like a charm for about 6 months until it suddenly started trickling and eventually stopped brewing altogether. I used some de-scaling acid which seemed to bring up some calcification but the machine would not push more than 2 cups of water through even though I filled it to 12.

I repeated the de-scaling with only a couple of drips coming through and nothing more. I decided to open it up to see if I could find the blockage and disassembled both hoses, finding them to be clear. One hose has a very cheap primitive floating ball valve which I suspect could be an issue. Upon re-assembly it was still not working. During the troubleshooting phase I don't recall seeing any steam or feeling heat away from the plate so perhaps something burned out. It's going in the trash and I'm looking into a quality unit, possibly with a charcoal filter which will hopefully last a couple of decades. I will never be buying a Mr. Coffee product again!

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

It only lasted about 3 months and stopped working. I will never buy another Mr. Coffee again. I'm going back to Black and Decker. This is the second Mr. Coffee I've bought over the years and neither have had a very long life.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2018

Bought a Mr. Coffee TJX 12 cup coffee maker a little over a year ago to replace a Krupp that was 12 years old. First, minor problem, you can't actually pour the last drops of coffee out of the pot except by tipping it totally upside down, at which point the lid falls off (how long has this company been in business & still can't get the basics right? Now just out of warranty the brewer stopped brewing. All the lights, clock, etc. work but when you turn on it beeps a few times & just sits there doing nothing. Consult the manual, no mention of beeps at all. Go online, several suggestions from earlier models to remove bottom & tap the thermostat.

Clearly Mr. Coffee does not want you to do this cheap fix & they have added a couple of hidden security head screws to make it almost impossible. Went online to give bad review on Mr. Coffee website, but you can only do that by turning off ad blockers, give your name, age & who knows what else. So I will be buying another coffee maker tomorrow & it won't be a Mr. Coffee, that's for sure. 12 month warranty 13 month life expectancy.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

I purchased this after deciding to go more environmentally aware vs my Keurig Pods which fill landfills with so much plastic. I purchased this because it was programmable, however the clock runs so fast. By the time the coffee is to start brewing at 6:30 am it’s been on over 45 minutes. I have unplugged and reset the time numerous times to no avail. Do not purchase this if you want to use the Programming Feature.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

I bought this coffeemaker after mine died, it is the 12 cup programmable, auto shut off. I have ran vinegar and water thru it multiple times and just water multiple times and have brewed several pots of coffee and cannot get the taste out, this cannot be good for you, I really like the other features on it and the carafe does not leak when you pour but that taste is a deal breaker. Will be taking it back today and buying a different brand. Also have read many reviews that say this brand does not last, very disappointing.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

My Mr. Coffee automatic coffee maker in red looked pretty but unfortunately after 12 months you can't use the delay feature or clean feature. I have had several diff brands that lasted for many years. I would not buy this brand again.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I bought this particular coffee maker in November of 2016. It is 2018 and broken. This latte maker is no longer available and I now wonder if this is why. I wrote to the company and was told my machine was no longer under warranty. I told them that in my first email so I am unsure after sending two more emails of information they requested that I received the same response. I was offered a discount on some other coffee maker. However, the discount was not disclosed and I doubt I would buy any Mr. Coffee again if they only last a little less than 2 years. Very disappointed in service and quality.

Original review: June 26, 2018

Mr. Coffee apparently produced its first home coffeemaker in 1972, so I'm only two years older than that. They've had a lot of time to get things right. Needless to say, Mr. Coffee is like a standard brand. The old Mr. Coffees, like Singer sewing machines, Kitchenaid mixers, and Maytag washers, lasted for YEARS. They were NOT cheap, either. NPR had an article saying the first ones cost the equivalent of $200. I guess you get what you pay for. I've gone through at least three Mr. Coffees over the past 7-10 years. Now I tend to get cheaper models, (and they ARE very affordable, at under $20 in some cases) because I almost expect them to start leaking or otherwise fail after a year or two. The one I have right now is probably about a year old and has just started leaking water out of the base. That seems to be a common problem.

I'm going to try to clean it with vinegar again and see if I can find an easy fix. I have a feeling, however, that fixing it is not going to be an option. I don't like our "throw away" society, and I hate to contribute to landfills by buying and then discarding cheap appliance after cheap appliance, but I'm scared to buy a more expensive model made by this company. A friend of mine uses a French press, and I may try that next time, or I may give in and buy a Keurig if I can find those refillable pods. It's just disheartening to me our modern Catch-22: VERY cheap prices for so many small appliances; BUT the cheap price reflects a mostly-plastic, basically short-lived product.

Original review: March 20, 2018

My first Mr. Coffee lasted over 20 years and I replaced it because the carafe broke. Since I has such great luck with my first unit I replaced it with another Mr. Coffee. This failed after it went off warranty at approximately 19 months. I replaced this with another and it failed the same way in 15 months. These products are junk. JCS does not stand behind their defective products and it's apparent to me they have no plans to resolve these issues since different model bought years apart have the same problem. I will not purchase another product from the JCS brands as they practice planned obsolescence with their current products.

Original review: March 16, 2018

I have tried 2 different Mr. Coffee makers today. Very very disappointed - the water does not stream into the filter, it squirts out, the holes are too small in the filter and decanter. The water cannot get thru the coffee in the filter. Why change the product? Had used them for 35 yrs with no problem but these two were terrible. Bought 2 today returned 2 today.

Original review: March 15, 2018

I purchased the Mr. Coffee PSTX Series Coffee Maker at the end of 2016, and the past few months the backlight no longer lights properly. I called the company and had to hold for 15 minutes. The rep was nice and was given all the pertinent info, and asked if I could find my receipt, just in case it was still under warranty. I could not find the receipt. In the 90s, I had a Mr. Coffee maker that lasted 15-20 years, but over the past 10 years, we have had to buy about 5 of them. They are not lasting nearly as long as they need to be.

I am very disappointed that we have only had this coffee maker for a little over a year, and the backlight isn’t working properly. Having to purchase a new coffee maker every 1.5 to 2 years is not only a hassle and ripoff to the customer, but it’s also really bad for the environment. Most people just throw them in a landfill. The US and rest of the world are running out of landfill space, with continued increasing population of over 7 billion people on the planet, which is expected to increase to 10 billion in just a few years.

Original review: March 14, 2018

Mr. Coffee Single serve brewer BVMC-SC500 - My first complaint is the coffee maker takes way too long to make one cup of coffee. About 2 minutes or so per cup. My second complaint is the dripping when the brewing is finished. My third complaint is when you remove the K-Cup holder to change pods, it drips everywhere. Even when it has been days since the last brew cycle. Now my reservoir is leaking from the right side, down the coffee maker onto the countertop. I am not happy with this item. #mrcoffee #kcup

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

My boyfriend bought me a red, digital, programmable coffee maker not that long ago (within the last 6 months), and already the set to brew function no longer works. So I called Mr. Coffee and told them what happened, they told me it qualified for a warranty exchange. I got on my tablet to see which maker the representative was getting ready to order for me. It was an analog clock, I said an analog was no good. She said she only suggested that one because I wanted a red one, like the one I have that failed. She then suggested 2 different replacements, both being uglier than sin, but one having buttons on it that I'm sure will break off very quickly.

The representative wanted me to give an answer in 30 seconds, and told me that the 2 ugly things were the only ones available for a warranty exchange that had the same features as the one that I have. She pushed me into a decision that I'm not happy with, shouldn't they replace their broken thing with something that the customer asks about? The one I asked about was the same gosh darned price, and I would be prouder to have in my kitchen. The THING she's forcing me to receive, I'm going to hide it every time company is fixing to come over.

I called them as SOON as they opened, could they really have been that busy with broken products that they need to replace that early? I'll hide the one she's forcing me to exchange in the pantry, barely using it, and buying myself one I'll be proud to have out when company comes tomorrow. The one I wanted to exchange for me was even cheaper than the piece of ugliness they're going to send anyways, so it would've been more cost effective for them to send me the one I requested to begin with! She was: rude, pushy, belligerent, and that was just the beginning of her day.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

Bought Mr. Coffee auto 12 cup brewer earlier this year. Today it went into cleaning mode and the red light kept blinking. Followed the instructions, it still wouldn't work. Unplugged it, now the window display for the time show a foggy look and you can't see the time. Went to re-set the clock and the button was stuck inward on the left side of the button, with the right side sticking out. Tried to get it free and it just wouldn't release. Called Mr. Coffee and was told if I still had the receipt they would consider it under the warranty. I told them I didn't save the receipt and they told me I was out of luck and there was nothing they would or could do.

What a piece of junk. Spent all that money on what I thought was a quality brewer and now told to toss it because they wouldn't stand behind their product. More junk from China. Better to buy a cheaper brand if all you’re going to get from a supposed quality manufacturer is junk and won't stand behind what the produce. Mr. Coffee pure crap. Buy at your own risk.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

30 minutes to brew 12 cups. I think this is too long to make coffee. The coffee is also not hot enough. Other than that, it is easy to use and on strong brew makes good coffee. I want to return it as my other brand took 10 minutes to brew 12 cups. I can return it, I bought it at Walmart, they return everything thank goodness. I just have not had the time in 30 days.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

Mr. Coffee makes it almost impossible to order replacement carafe from other vendors. They don't have a model number on box or in their user manual. Their prices are almost double other vendors, but almost impossible to know if you're purchasing correct item. Will NOT buy a Mr. Coffee product in future. This is very frustrating. Coffee maker only worth as much as the carafe, so don't spend too much on their coffee maker.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2017

Cafe barista bvmc 1000 espresso machine - Mr Coffee is selling this machine and yet the double shot filter basket is obsolete and no longer available. The machine makes double espresso, double cappuccino, and double latte, but does not sell the filters??? Makes no sense. Mine came with only one filter. I will never buy Mr Coffee again.

Original review: July 26, 2017

It is very simple to use the Mr. COFFEE coffeemaker. Pour in some cold water, insert filter and coffee and simply hit the brew button. It has a time delay function and can hold up to 12 cups of coffee. It also keeps the pot warm for 2 hours after brewing. The coffeemaker comes in all black and it super easy to clean out. But I dislike the fact that the carafe is made up of glass except for the plastic handle. I would have preferred a metal carafe instead. I would also like to make much more coffee than the maker allows. Other than that it meets my needs. Very satisfying for the money.

Original review: July 26, 2017

Absolutely love Mr. Coffee and it works great. It is functional and makes life easier especially when I'm in a rush to get out the door. And it is every morning. I can always rely on my coffee being ready for me. I like being able to make the coffee in there and able to program it and have it ready for me when I get up and all I have to do is put my creamer and sugar in and I'm ready to go. Wish they had a cleaning option on the coffee maker though and that it would let me know when it needs to be cleaned. I also wish it told me what was the best method to clean my coffee maker and that the inside of the coffee pot was easy to clean.

Mr. Coffee Company Information