3.93/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

225 International Pkwy, Lake Mary, Florida 32746

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Mr. Coffee Reviews

Original review: Nov. 28, 2015

I had a Mr. Coffee coffee machine, black and silver programmable 12 cup. After about a year it started leaking. Took it back to Target and they gave me another one. Same thing after about half a year but I lived with it until it gave out about 3 years after I got it. I bought another one and had that for about 2 years until it too failed. Then I bought a small one 5 cups last July. Yesterday it too gave up the ghost. I am totally done with Mr. Coffee. Will go out today and buy a Ninja Coffee bar with my 20% off at Bed, Bath and Beyond. Hopefully I will have better luck this time. Don't have my receipts anymore.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2015

Mr. Coffee 12 cup Simple Brew - This is the worst coffee brewer ever made. Obviously, Mr. Coffee doesn't like their customers and the proof is this machine. The prankster who designed this thought it would be fun to put two holes in the back of the water container so the water would spill out the back onto your counter when you poured water into it if you put more even one drop more than it needs.

The second prank is that the swing arm spout that the water comes out of is too short, so the water comes out along the side of the filter holder instead of the center. The result being the since the water only comes out on one side, during the first half of the brewing process, only the coffee on one side of the dispenser gets wet, while the coffee on the other side stays dry. Ultimately, due to the third prank, the coffee on the other side finally gets wet. That third prank is the hole at the bottom of the filter holder is too small, resulting in the holder flooding up to the top. This results in water going in-between the filter and the filter holder, carrying floating coffee grounds with it which results in coffee grounds ending up in the pot and ultimately your cup.

Lastly, the 'ON' light is way too dim. It can barely be seen during the day. The fixes would be simple.1). Don't put holes in the back of the water container. 2). Make the water spout longer so the water sprays into the center of the coffee filter instead of on one side. 3). Make the exit hole bigger so the coffee filter doesn't get flooded and spill grounds into the pot, 4). Make the 'ON' light brighter.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2015

I purchased Mr. Coffee makers, about 4 of them in the past 3 yrs. One of them only worked ONE morning. Unfortunately, I purchased it at Meyers which has sales once per yr. for only about 8 days, I purchased it on the last day. I would have had to wait a yr. to return it. It was $54.00, however, we ended up moving within that yr. so I ended up throwing it away. I purchased another, (less expensive) which lasted about 4 mos. Then another, lasted about 6 mos. and now this one, from Target, and I went for the very least expensive, $16.00 no bells and whistles - bare bones, it has lasted about 7 mos. It took a dump this morning, would not brew any coffee.

I am so done with this company. I do not know why it took me so long. My bad on that one. I am using my French Press, which I do love. There are a few small drawbacks to using it. I can live with them. Makes way better coffee though! Mr. Coffee, needs a heck of a lot better quality control, and make it in America!!! Mr. Coffee - I tried to be a loyal customer. You have lost me, and I will spread the word. Bye bye.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2015

Second Mr. Coffee purchased. 1st one lasted maybe 4 months. Current one went out this morning after less than 3 months. Never again, Chinese-made junk. I wish I could remember our previous product before Mr. Coffee as it lasted for years.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2015

This morning I tried to use my Mr. Coffee single cup coffee brewer and I noticed it would not heat the water and went straight to brewing a cold cup of coffee. I tried a few things to fix it on my own (new water, unplug & replug, etc.) nothing would work. I called the Mr. Coffee help center and the lady told me she had never heard of this issue before and that it doesn't sound like it can be fixed. I have always bought Mr. Coffee machines but this one only lasted me 4 months. Very upsetting! I will be purchasing a Keurig today. My mother has had hers for over four years and never had one problem with it!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mr. Coffee?

Original review: Nov. 16, 2015

I bought this coffee pot approximately 6 months ago from Target. Well, this is how I got this model. The first one I purchased didn't work at all when I got it home (a totally different model number). When I went to exchange, Target was all out of them. So Target, which I praise!, offered me this model BVMC-TJX36 as a replacement. I was happy with that. BUT, it only lasted about five months, if that. It turns on, the lights light up, but does not perk, nothing comes out at all. Disappointed in this China made crap they are selling. DISPOSABLE coffee pots that last less than half a year...COME ON!!! I'm definitely switching to a different brand, the last good one I had lasted 5 years, and it was NOT Mr. Coffee brand either. Never again! Lost my business!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2015

We have owned this Mr. Coffee coffee maker for only a few months. In that time we have had nothing but problems! First and foremost the coffee has always been weak requiring large amounts of coffee to make the coffee strong enough. Many times all the grounds don't even get wet from the water going through. Also, every other week the clean light comes on and I have to run 2 cups of vinegar through it followed by two full pots of water. This works for a few pots of coffee and then it becomes weak again. We even use the round disk water filter which we replace every month. Luckily, I purchased mine from Costco and it is going back for a refund!

Original review: Nov. 3, 2015

I owned a Mr. Coffee coffee maker and liked it, but it was leaking from the bottom. I purchased the same model and it also leaks. A lot. It also leaks during brewing. At least a half a cup or more. The filter is fine, not folding over. I do not fill it to capacity. I do not add too much coffee, (4 scoops), and I am careful filling the reservoir. After two with the same problem, I refuse to buy any of their products in the future. Everyone I know and all the reviews I read seem to have the same problem. Very dissatisfied with a product that does not come cheap, but is poorly made and the company is fully aware of this problem. They just don't seem to care.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2015

I bought a 12 cup programmable series model bvmc-sjx33gt, 3 months ago, 3 months ago!!! It quit on me tonight, of course I can't find my receipt... Isn't that the way! I'm so upset I could cry I don't have money to buy a new one every 3 months.. VERY UNHAPPY CUSTOMER MR. COFFEE!!!

Original review: Oct. 18, 2015

Bought a 12 cup machine. Will never buy that junk again. Not even 3 months and broken? Thanks for nothing Mr. Coffee.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2015

I was given my first coffee pot, (single serve coffee maker) and after two weeks quit working.. no coffee coming out and just making steam and noise. Returned it for my second Mr. Coffee maker and same thing happened. I cleaned it like the internet said and tried cleaning the small hole and nothing. I tried to return it and get my money back to buy a different coffee maker but the store refused to give me my money back or exchange it. I tried contacting Mr. Coffee maker but no reply. I tried the recall number but it said my maker was not in the recall. I 100% would never ever buy another one or recommend anyone buying this product. My daughter also had purchased a Mr Coffee Maker Single Serve and hers did the same thing. The reviews online also indicate there are many unsatisfied with this product. I just wanted my money back so I could buy a better coffee maker that works.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2015

I purchased a Mr. Coffee 12 cup programmable coffee pot 4 yrs ago. We are big coffee drinkers in my house and drink a pot a day and religiously clean our pot as soon as the little red clean light comes on. The first one purchased, after a year, began to leak all over the counter when in use. I called Mr. Coffee and they immediately offered to send me a new one (as it was still in warranty, no problem).

Fast forward a year later the second pot refused to turn on when plugged in. I immediately called Mr. Coffee and was told it was probably an electrical issue within the maker and they would send me a new one (free of charge. Again it was in warranty. That's some luck!) A year later the third pot that I have is no longer heating. It turns on but will not brew a pot of coffee. I've about had it but let's make a call. They send me a whole new model and say there was a recall and they are so sorry for the inconvenience.

Let's fast forward to Sept. 2015. We are 5 months out of our 1 yr warranty window and I've about had it up to my eyeballs with MR. COFFEE with their coffeemakers by now. One more phone call and now I am being blamed because even though the new coffee pot they sent me 1 yr 5 mos ago is no longer heating it's my fault because it sounds like I am not cleaning my pot properly (although I don't know what cleaning has to do with the heating element not working) but we will send you a new model because apparently this model isn't doing you any good. I WILL NEVER BUY MR. COFFEE AGAIN, I DON'T EVEN WANT THE FREE ONE THEY ARE SENDING ME!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2015

Coffee maker works good and taste good, problem is there is no way to turn the hot plate back on after 2 hours. I have to make another pot to turn the hot plate back on.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2015

The coffee maker, bought in February, is used a few days a week and until lately would spill some of its contents on the counter. Today, once started (with 6 cups of water) it hissed and spit, but the water remained in the chamber. I was afraid of potential fire due to the large amount of steam coming out of the top. Model BVMC-EHX23.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2015

I needed a new coffee maker about six months ago and decided to purchase a Mr. Coffee. It seemed to make really good coffee for about six months and recently just stopped working. It was cleaned regularly as directed. I understand things aren't made to last as long as they used to but I do expect to get longer than six months use out of a $40 coffee maker.

Original review: July 22, 2015

I just bought a Mr. Coffee coffeemaker, and the warming plate stays on even after I hit the select/off button. I know it's supposed to keep coffee warm for 2 hours but 6 hours later the pot is still hot and I was wondering if anyone else has stumbled across this problem? If anyone knows what I'm doing wrong (if anything) please let me know? Thank you!

Original review: July 9, 2015

12 Cup Programmable Coffee Maker (Stainless Steel) - It should be noted that most people who come onto Consumer Affairs come here to complain about products rather than describe a positive experience (just look at the overall brand comparison view). Mr. Coffee has always been a reliable brand that I've been using for years. The price is incredibly fair (especially if you keep it simple and just want to brew coffee) compared to other higher end models and the unit is very easy to use and it lasts.

Original review: July 8, 2015

I bought this Mr. Coffee TJX37 series 12 cup coffeemaker in May of 2014, was reliable up to a few months after, the unit went dead. No power, tried switching outlets, didn't work. Customer service was helpful, they'll ship you a new one and give you instructions to ship the old one back. I did this. But now, the 2nd unit failed! What is going on? Same issue. Power is dead... can't turn on, buttons won't work. Going to try customer service again but this is getting annoying.

Original review: July 7, 2015

Bought a Mr. Coffee May 2015 at Walmart. Very basic coffee maker. Paid 20.00. Started using coffee pot June 1, 2015 when I moved. Rinsed out coffee pot prior to making coffee. Horrible taste in coffee. Emptied coffee pot. Cleaned with vinegar. Still the same taste. A plastic taste. It's horrible. Have never experienced a bad coffee pot before no less a Mr. Coffee. I don't have the receipt any longer. Return isn't optional.

Original review: July 2, 2015

I bought a Mr. Coffee 12 cup programmable coffeemaker 4 months ago and it is already not working. The lights will come on but it will not brew. I had a cheap Dollar store coffee pot that lasted longer than this one. I thought Mr. Coffee was a good coffeemaker, and maybe once upon a time it was but now it's just junk. Wouldn't buy Mr. Coffee coffeemaker again!

Original review: June 24, 2015

My father has Alzheimer's and coffee is his greatest pleasure. His coffee pot of many years finally wore out (another brand). We bought him a Mr. Coffee and it lasted 3 months. It leaked from the bottom and after a while I had to clean constantly to unclog grounds. We always use filters. I bought another one and it has to be primed to give the full amount of coffee, and it too, leaks. I will buy either Black and Decker or Hamilton Beach for my next one as I have great success with those products. I'm saddened as Mr. Coffee used to make a better product.

Original review: June 11, 2015

I have used Mr. Coffee for years and have always found their products reliable. Until now. Our old Mr. Coffee finally gave up last January, after a few years of service. I thought it slightly odd at the time it would die after only about 2 or 3 years, but these things happen. So we replaced it with the Mr. Coffee Performance Brew 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker Stainless Steel, BVMC-TJX37.

Quickly there were annoyances. The overflow spout in the back began to leak after a few weeks, and unless you filled it VERY slowly and carefully it reservoir seemed to leak at lot. The filter would often collapse during brewing, getting grounds in the coffee. Finally it just stopped working after six months. No power, but I expect it was from leaking during the brewing process as it did make its last pot this morning. I don't expect a coffee maker to last forever, but six months is not very long for a $50 machine. I won't be purchasing Mr. Coffee again, but I expect that whatever I buy will be of the same low quality, so I may as well go cheap. At least it didn't explode.

Original review: June 2, 2015

I bought 2 so far and after a few months they start leaking for some reason all over the counter, which is terrible if you are not aware of it leaking.

Original review: May 16, 2015

Within about 4 months of use the pot has a crackdown top side. It hasn't ever bumped anything to cause the crack. I think the pots should be tougher especially for the price of the product. The company should consider making it all tougher to last longer. No one wants to buy a new one every few months coffee lover or not. In the end prob cheaper to go to coffee shop. To get your morning fix of caffeine.

Original review: May 16, 2015

Purchased a Mr. Coffee Ice Tea Maker and worked without complication the first three times. After the fourth, fifth and up to the 12th use, it was bleeding tea all over the counter. No tea in the pitcher but all over the counter. I thought maybe it was my counter. Upon the 6th use I put a small towel under the maker hoping it was going to level out but still it bled all over the counter. So depressing. Upon realizing it was not me, I called the 800 number only to be told bring it to the store of purchase. I brought it back, was told since I had no receipt, I could only exchange it, so upon knowing it might happen again, I bought a second one along with the exchange.

Wow! Seriously! It happened to the exchange Mr. Coffee Ice Tea Maker. I thought no way, it can't happen to the third one I purchased but it did happen. I have contacted Mr. Coffee and have not heard one word on why they are having this problem nor was I given an option to return to the manufacturer. I am stuck with two problematic non-functional Mr. Coffee Ice Tea Makers (red color) and I feel this company knew this was a problem and never recalled this product and they are trying to dodge a recall due to loss of profit and manufacturing costs. I am disappointed with this company. I cannot use either maker as they will bleed tea all over my counter. I have one with it's box and one without. I would be content and savvy with two ice tea makers that actually work. Not the same model as this one particular one.

Original review: May 8, 2015

I had purchased a Mr. Coffee 12 Cup with clock and all the whistles somewhere between 6 months and 2 years ago. I don't even remember where I bought it, probably Target or Costco. I am an avid coffee drinker and used it daily. It began having problems where it would just shut down. YIKES. So I ran some vinegar water thru a couple times... seemed to help. NOPE, didn't called the company and they recommended letting the "straight" vinegar sit for a couple hours and then run plain water. OK, followed instructions and it seemed to work... temporarily. My daughter said "just get a new one!" Well, I considered using my WhoLovesBargains.com shopping site to get the best deal and possibly a different brand coffee maker but decided to call one more time.

I believe the business has a right to make their service or product good before just stop using and spread bad reviews. It's only fair. So I called Mr. Coffee again, told of my dilemma and the lady started taking down my information! I was curious as to why. OMG she was sending me a new one along with a return label for the malfunctioning one!! NO cost and NO hoops to jump thru! I love Mr. Coffee and their GREAT service department.

Original review: May 4, 2015

This coffee maker has a dysfunctional timer control. I have figured it out though and can brew a successful cup. One has to try to brew coffee three times. The third time it usually works. Hint, don't watch it brew coffee, then it will surely fail. Turn your back when you want it to work.

Original review: April 17, 2015

We have been through 3 Mr. Coffee 12 cup coffee makers with, what seem to be, faulty pumps. The first started to fail after about 6 months. Even with a full tank, it sounded like it was sucking air, and would not brew a full pot. My aunt bought us a new one around Christmas 2014. This one was bad right out of the box with the same issue. These were both basic models, with no clock/extras. The most recent, with clock/2 hour shut-off, is doing the same thing after just a few months. I just brewed what should have been a full pot, but only got about three quarters of the pot. This company is using parts they know are bad. I will not be wasting any more money on their products. They used to be very reliable.

Original review: April 7, 2015

I've always owned and enjoyed Mr. Coffee ice tea makers. I've had two of the older models with the round pitcher. I had to buy a new one because my pitcher cracked and wouldn't hold tea. So I got the square one from WalMart. Threw the box out, because I've never had an issue over the years. BUT THIS TIME EVERY TIME I MAKE TEA, IT WILL FLOOD MY COUNTER!! I thought I wasn't doing something right, left lid off and tried - still a counter full of tea running off into floor!!! Obviously a huge flaw!!! Come on mr coffee!!!

Original review: March 25, 2015

I have had periodic problems with my 5-cup coffee maker. The time would blink and the coffee maker would not brew. I plugged it into other sockets and it would work, then it would stop working. I don't understand what is going on with it - I don't use it that often, but I also don't abuse it. It is in good condition, but it doesn't always work and I can't count on it when I need it.

Mr. Coffee Company Information