2. Homeowners

225 International Pkwy, Lake Mary, Florida 32746

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.86/5
Based on 1,071 ratings submitted in the last year

Mr. Coffee Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mr. Coffee?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mr. Coffee?

Original review: Dec. 24, 2019

Mr. Coffee KNX Series. If I could give this less than 1 star, I would. After having only a few months, it stopped working. Product beeped and all that, but no coffee forthcoming from the machine. Will not be buying any more Mr. Coffee brands after this...just wanted to let folks know not to buy this series.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

My wife bought me a Mr Coffee maker 12 cup for Christmas. l plug it in but didn't work. Was not informed that I would need a transformer as we are in the UK. I think it burnt out. We can't afford to return to the USA. It started to put water through but stop. We got a converter for the plug. We have look at it and it looks ok. l only drink coffee and the coffee makers that we have here only stay on for a short time. My wife got this one as it stays on longer.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2019

Stay away from this model if you want to make strong coffee. No matter how many scoops of coffee I make, the coffee is WEAK. I’ve tried different measures, less water, more ground coffee and coffee is as weak as ever! It’s not the coffee I’m using either. I’ve been making and drinking the same brand now for over a year. When you pour from the carafe, it’s awfully slow but I could live with that if the coffee came out the way I like it.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

I was gifted a brand new coffee pot for my baby shower. I just had a baby and I am a first time mom so someone thought I would need some coffee to help me through the long nights of motherhood. Well, I opened up the coffee pot, set it up to make coffee, turned it on, and NOTHING. A brand new coffee pot doesn’t work. I contacted customer service and they said there was nothing they could do. They should be ashamed of their selves. I’m never buying a Mr coffee pot again that’s for SURE!!??

Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

Pot beeps loud when done brewing. Unnecessary function if coffee is decent. Pot leaks and it's not coffee! Pause and brew never worked and caused many many issues due to that. Do not buy! Customer service was not helpful.

Original review: July 5, 2019

Since October 2014, (4.5 years) I have been through four Mr. Coffee Coffeemakers. The coffeemakers are used in a residential environment and on average are used once a day for no more than 2 hours to brew a single pot of coffee. The extra "bells & whistles" functions are very rarely used. It seems to be an issue in design as the units last on average 2 yrs in a minimum use environment. These are not the units of the '70’s.

• Purchased October 2014/Model: BVMC-TJX37. Unit stopped brewing coffee.
    • Purchased May 13, 2015/Model: BVMC-EHX23. Unit stopped brewing coffee.
    • Received January 23, 2016/Model: BVMC-EHX23. Unit leaked water from bottom of unit.

• Received October 25, 2016/Model: FTX45-1-NP. Unit stopped brewing coffee 5/2019.

Original review: April 22, 2019

I bought the Mr. Coffee MODEL# BVBMC-SJX33GT back in 2011, and it's still working after brewing 5+, 12-cup pots a day, for 9 years! I clean it thoroughly, once a week with a cleaning solution. I used to use the Brew-Rite cleaner, but have had trouble finding it this last year. So now I'm using the Affresh Coffeemaker cleaner tablets. This coffeemaker has delayed brew, digital clock and timer, brew strength option, auto shut off after 2 hours, brew completion beeps, brew pause, and a choice between a glass carafe, or a metal thermal one.

I love this coffeemaker and will be disappointed when it finally goes out. Don't know why everyone is having so many issues with their Mr. Coffee Coffeemakers, but I suspect many, if not most, are user abuse and neglect, and error. You've got to take care of, and regularly clean your coffeemaker. If you neglect it, it won't last. And if you have hard water, it is even more important to regularly clean your maker, as the scale builds up and clogs lines, disrupts water flow, seizes up delicate parts, and causes heating elements to overheat and quit!

Ask a plumber about the destructive effects on water heaters, pipes faucets and appliances from hard water scale deposits! The damage is astronomical, but easily preventable with a water softener for your entire home, and bottled water for your coffeemaker, or other water using devices. Regular maintenance is essential to prevent or reduce the damage.

Otherwise, you're going to go in debt, replacing and repairing destroyed appliances and home devices that use the water. Past that, if you're unwilling to do the necessary requirements to maintain a product long term, you'll be a mad, disappointed and miserable consumer. Due diligence is required and that seems to be something many lack these days. They want to plug it in and it work all the time, with no effort on their part to maintain it. And I've yet to see any product capable of performing under those neglectful and ignorant conditions, for any length of time! Have a great day, and drink more coffee.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

I was given a Mr. Coffee IMX41 coffee maker at Christmas. From day one I found it impossible to pour a cup of coffee without dripping coffee all over the counter. I sent e-mails to their consumer complaints address on two different occasions over the course of two weeks and have heard nothing in response. Seems their products and their customer service department are both of inferior quality.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

This coffee maker is awful. Too much technology causes it to constantly go on the fritz. The first thing that happened is the “cleaning” light came on. I followed the instructions for cleaning, and the light just kept blinking and the coffee maker would not brew coffee correctly. I finally “fixed” that problem by unplugging the coffee maker and plugging it back in. Fast forward 1 week. NOW, TODAY, I go to brew my coffee. I press the brew button. Coffee maker beeps like it is finished brewing, but nothing is happening. I have REPEATEDLY tried to press the button, to no avail. This coffee maker is TRASH. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY. I would’ve thought out of all the companies out there, Mr. Coffee would make a decent coffee maker, but no, they don’t. Don’t bother.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

I have just had my third Mr. Coffee 12 cup coffee maker die in just a few years. I bought the first and it started slowing down after a year or two so I would use the de-scaling solution to clear things up, which helped for a short time. Eventually it simply wouldn't work. I bought a second identical one and it had similar issues but they seemed to come on much more quickly and it too soon died. I inherited another identical model which was fairly new and worked like a charm for about 6 months until it suddenly started trickling and eventually stopped brewing altogether. I used some de-scaling acid which seemed to bring up some calcification but the machine would not push more than 2 cups of water through even though I filled it to 12.

I repeated the de-scaling with only a couple of drips coming through and nothing more. I decided to open it up to see if I could find the blockage and disassembled both hoses, finding them to be clear. One hose has a very cheap primitive floating ball valve which I suspect could be an issue. Upon re-assembly it was still not working. During the troubleshooting phase I don't recall seeing any steam or feeling heat away from the plate so perhaps something burned out. It's going in the trash and I'm looking into a quality unit, possibly with a charcoal filter which will hopefully last a couple of decades. I will never be buying a Mr. Coffee product again!

Mr. Coffee Company Information