3.93/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

225 International Pkwy, Lake Mary, Florida 32746

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Mr. Coffee Reviews

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

My Mr. Coffee automatic coffee maker in red looked pretty but unfortunately after 12 months you can't use the delay feature or clean feature. I have had several diff brands that lasted for many years. I would not buy this brand again.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I bought this particular coffee maker in November of 2016. It is 2018 and broken. This latte maker is no longer available and I now wonder if this is why. I wrote to the company and was told my machine was no longer under warranty. I told them that in my first email so I am unsure after sending two more emails of information they requested that I received the same response. I was offered a discount on some other coffee maker. However, the discount was not disclosed and I doubt I would buy any Mr. Coffee again if they only last a little less than 2 years. Very disappointed in service and quality.

Original review: June 26, 2018

Mr. Coffee apparently produced its first home coffeemaker in 1972, so I'm only two years older than that. They've had a lot of time to get things right. Needless to say, Mr. Coffee is like a standard brand. The old Mr. Coffees, like Singer sewing machines, Kitchenaid mixers, and Maytag washers, lasted for YEARS. They were NOT cheap, either. NPR had an article saying the first ones cost the equivalent of $200. I guess you get what you pay for. I've gone through at least three Mr. Coffees over the past 7-10 years. Now I tend to get cheaper models, (and they ARE very affordable, at under $20 in some cases) because I almost expect them to start leaking or otherwise fail after a year or two. The one I have right now is probably about a year old and has just started leaking water out of the base. That seems to be a common problem.

I'm going to try to clean it with vinegar again and see if I can find an easy fix. I have a feeling, however, that fixing it is not going to be an option. I don't like our "throw away" society, and I hate to contribute to landfills by buying and then discarding cheap appliance after cheap appliance, but I'm scared to buy a more expensive model made by this company. A friend of mine uses a French press, and I may try that next time, or I may give in and buy a Keurig if I can find those refillable pods. It's just disheartening to me our modern Catch-22: VERY cheap prices for so many small appliances; BUT the cheap price reflects a mostly-plastic, basically short-lived product.

Original review: March 20, 2018

My first Mr. Coffee lasted over 20 years and I replaced it because the carafe broke. Since I has such great luck with my first unit I replaced it with another Mr. Coffee. This failed after it went off warranty at approximately 19 months. I replaced this with another and it failed the same way in 15 months. These products are junk. JCS does not stand behind their defective products and it's apparent to me they have no plans to resolve these issues since different model bought years apart have the same problem. I will not purchase another product from the JCS brands as they practice planned obsolescence with their current products.

Original review: March 16, 2018

I have tried 2 different Mr. Coffee makers today. Very very disappointed - the water does not stream into the filter, it squirts out, the holes are too small in the filter and decanter. The water cannot get thru the coffee in the filter. Why change the product? Had used them for 35 yrs with no problem but these two were terrible. Bought 2 today returned 2 today.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mr. Coffee?

Original review: March 15, 2018

I purchased the Mr. Coffee PSTX Series Coffee Maker at the end of 2016, and the past few months the backlight no longer lights properly. I called the company and had to hold for 15 minutes. The rep was nice and was given all the pertinent info, and asked if I could find my receipt, just in case it was still under warranty. I could not find the receipt. In the 90s, I had a Mr. Coffee maker that lasted 15-20 years, but over the past 10 years, we have had to buy about 5 of them. They are not lasting nearly as long as they need to be.

I am very disappointed that we have only had this coffee maker for a little over a year, and the backlight isn’t working properly. Having to purchase a new coffee maker every 1.5 to 2 years is not only a hassle and ripoff to the customer, but it’s also really bad for the environment. Most people just throw them in a landfill. The US and rest of the world are running out of landfill space, with continued increasing population of over 7 billion people on the planet, which is expected to increase to 10 billion in just a few years.

Original review: March 14, 2018

Mr. Coffee Single serve brewer BVMC-SC500 - My first complaint is the coffee maker takes way too long to make one cup of coffee. About 2 minutes or so per cup. My second complaint is the dripping when the brewing is finished. My third complaint is when you remove the K-Cup holder to change pods, it drips everywhere. Even when it has been days since the last brew cycle. Now my reservoir is leaking from the right side, down the coffee maker onto the countertop. I am not happy with this item. #mrcoffee #kcup

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

My boyfriend bought me a red, digital, programmable coffee maker not that long ago (within the last 6 months), and already the set to brew function no longer works. So I called Mr. Coffee and told them what happened, they told me it qualified for a warranty exchange. I got on my tablet to see which maker the representative was getting ready to order for me. It was an analog clock, I said an analog was no good. She said she only suggested that one because I wanted a red one, like the one I have that failed. She then suggested 2 different replacements, both being uglier than sin, but one having buttons on it that I'm sure will break off very quickly.

The representative wanted me to give an answer in 30 seconds, and told me that the 2 ugly things were the only ones available for a warranty exchange that had the same features as the one that I have. She pushed me into a decision that I'm not happy with, shouldn't they replace their broken thing with something that the customer asks about? The one I asked about was the same gosh darned price, and I would be prouder to have in my kitchen. The THING she's forcing me to receive, I'm going to hide it every time company is fixing to come over.

I called them as SOON as they opened, could they really have been that busy with broken products that they need to replace that early? I'll hide the one she's forcing me to exchange in the pantry, barely using it, and buying myself one I'll be proud to have out when company comes tomorrow. The one I wanted to exchange for me was even cheaper than the piece of ugliness they're going to send anyways, so it would've been more cost effective for them to send me the one I requested to begin with! She was: rude, pushy, belligerent, and that was just the beginning of her day.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

Bought Mr. Coffee auto 12 cup brewer earlier this year. Today it went into cleaning mode and the red light kept blinking. Followed the instructions, it still wouldn't work. Unplugged it, now the window display for the time show a foggy look and you can't see the time. Went to re-set the clock and the button was stuck inward on the left side of the button, with the right side sticking out. Tried to get it free and it just wouldn't release. Called Mr. Coffee and was told if I still had the receipt they would consider it under the warranty. I told them I didn't save the receipt and they told me I was out of luck and there was nothing they would or could do.

What a piece of junk. Spent all that money on what I thought was a quality brewer and now told to toss it because they wouldn't stand behind their product. More junk from China. Better to buy a cheaper brand if all you’re going to get from a supposed quality manufacturer is junk and won't stand behind what the produce. Mr. Coffee pure crap. Buy at your own risk.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

30 minutes to brew 12 cups. I think this is too long to make coffee. The coffee is also not hot enough. Other than that, it is easy to use and on strong brew makes good coffee. I want to return it as my other brand took 10 minutes to brew 12 cups. I can return it, I bought it at Walmart, they return everything thank goodness. I just have not had the time in 30 days.

Mr. Coffee Company Information