3.00/5
Based on 43 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

225 International Pkwy, Lake Mary, Florida 32746

432 Mr. Coffee Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 20, 2018

My first Mr. Coffee lasted over 20 years and I replaced it because the carafe broke. Since I has such great luck with my first unit I replaced it with another Mr. Coffee. This failed after it went off warranty at approximately 19 months. I replaced this with another and it failed the same way in 15 months. These products are junk. JCS does not stand behind their defective products and it's apparent to me they have no plans to resolve these issues since different model bought years apart have the same problem. I will not purchase another product from the JCS brands as they practice planned obsolescence with their current products.

Original review: March 16, 2018

I have tried 2 different Mr. Coffee makers today. Very very disappointed - the water does not stream into the filter, it squirts out, the holes are too small in the filter and decanter. The water cannot get thru the coffee in the filter. Why change the product? Had used them for 35 yrs with no problem but these two were terrible. Bought 2 today returned 2 today.

Get expert buying tips about Coffee Makers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 15, 2018

I purchased the Mr. Coffee PSTX Series Coffee Maker at the end of 2016, and the past few months the backlight no longer lights properly. I called the company and had to hold for 15 minutes. The rep was nice and was given all the pertinent info, and asked if I could find my receipt, just in case it was still under warranty. I could not find the receipt. In the 90s, I had a Mr. Coffee maker that lasted 15-20 years, but over the past 10 years, we have had to buy about 5 of them. They are not lasting nearly as long as they need to be.

I am very disappointed that we have only had this coffee maker for a little over a year, and the backlight isn’t working properly. Having to purchase a new coffee maker every 1.5 to 2 years is not only a hassle and ripoff to the customer, but it’s also really bad for the environment. Most people just throw them in a landfill. The US and rest of the world are running out of landfill space, with continued increasing population of over 7 billion people on the planet, which is expected to increase to 10 billion in just a few years.

Original review: March 14, 2018

Mr. Coffee Single serve brewer BVMC-SC500 - My first complaint is the coffee maker takes way too long to make one cup of coffee. About 2 minutes or so per cup. My second complaint is the dripping when the brewing is finished. My third complaint is when you remove the K-Cup holder to change pods, it drips everywhere. Even when it has been days since the last brew cycle. Now my reservoir is leaking from the right side, down the coffee maker onto the countertop. I am not happy with this item. #mrcoffee #kcup

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

My boyfriend bought me a red, digital, programmable coffee maker not that long ago (within the last 6 months), and already the set to brew function no longer works. So I called Mr. Coffee and told them what happened, they told me it qualified for a warranty exchange. I got on my tablet to see which maker the representative was getting ready to order for me. It was an analog clock, I said an analog was no good. She said she only suggested that one because I wanted a red one, like the one I have that failed. She then suggested 2 different replacements, both being uglier than sin, but one having buttons on it that I'm sure will break off very quickly.

The representative wanted me to give an answer in 30 seconds, and told me that the 2 ugly things were the only ones available for a warranty exchange that had the same features as the one that I have. She pushed me into a decision that I'm not happy with, shouldn't they replace their broken thing with something that the customer asks about? The one I asked about was the same gosh darned price, and I would be prouder to have in my kitchen. The THING she's forcing me to receive, I'm going to hide it every time company is fixing to come over.

I called them as SOON as they opened, could they really have been that busy with broken products that they need to replace that early? I'll hide the one she's forcing me to exchange in the pantry, barely using it, and buying myself one I'll be proud to have out when company comes tomorrow. The one I wanted to exchange for me was even cheaper than the piece of ugliness they're going to send anyways, so it would've been more cost effective for them to send me the one I requested to begin with! She was: rude, pushy, belligerent, and that was just the beginning of her day.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mr. Coffee?

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

Bought Mr. Coffee auto 12 cup brewer earlier this year. Today it went into cleaning mode and the red light kept blinking. Followed the instructions, it still wouldn't work. Unplugged it, now the window display for the time show a foggy look and you can't see the time. Went to re-set the clock and the button was stuck inward on the left side of the button, with the right side sticking out. Tried to get it free and it just wouldn't release. Called Mr. Coffee and was told if I still had the receipt they would consider it under the warranty. I told them I didn't save the receipt and they told me I was out of luck and there was nothing they would or could do.

What a piece of junk. Spent all that money on what I thought was a quality brewer and now told to toss it because they wouldn't stand behind their product. More junk from China. Better to buy a cheaper brand if all you’re going to get from a supposed quality manufacturer is junk and won't stand behind what the produce. Mr. Coffee pure crap. Buy at your own risk.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

30 minutes to brew 12 cups. I think this is too long to make coffee. The coffee is also not hot enough. Other than that, it is easy to use and on strong brew makes good coffee. I want to return it as my other brand took 10 minutes to brew 12 cups. I can return it, I bought it at Walmart, they return everything thank goodness. I just have not had the time in 30 days.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

Mr. Coffee makes it almost impossible to order replacement carafe from other vendors. They don't have a model number on box or in their user manual. Their prices are almost double other vendors, but almost impossible to know if you're purchasing correct item. Will NOT buy a Mr. Coffee product in future. This is very frustrating. Coffee maker only worth as much as the carafe, so don't spend too much on their coffee maker.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2017

Cafe barista bvmc 1000 espresso machine - Mr Coffee is selling this machine and yet the double shot filter basket is obsolete and no longer available. The machine makes double espresso, double cappuccino, and double latte, but does not sell the filters??? Makes no sense. Mine came with only one filter. I will never buy Mr Coffee again.

Original review: July 26, 2017

It is very simple to use the Mr. COFFEE coffeemaker. Pour in some cold water, insert filter and coffee and simply hit the brew button. It has a time delay function and can hold up to 12 cups of coffee. It also keeps the pot warm for 2 hours after brewing. The coffeemaker comes in all black and it super easy to clean out. But I dislike the fact that the carafe is made up of glass except for the plastic handle. I would have preferred a metal carafe instead. I would also like to make much more coffee than the maker allows. Other than that it meets my needs. Very satisfying for the money.

Original review: July 26, 2017

Absolutely love Mr. Coffee and it works great. It is functional and makes life easier especially when I'm in a rush to get out the door. And it is every morning. I can always rely on my coffee being ready for me. I like being able to make the coffee in there and able to program it and have it ready for me when I get up and all I have to do is put my creamer and sugar in and I'm ready to go. Wish they had a cleaning option on the coffee maker though and that it would let me know when it needs to be cleaned. I also wish it told me what was the best method to clean my coffee maker and that the inside of the coffee pot was easy to clean.

Original review: July 25, 2017

This is about the 3rd or 4th Mr. Coffee I've had. It does everything that I need it to do. I like being able to get a cup before it is done brewing, especially when I'm in a hurry. It is very simple to use and you can control the strength of the coffee. You have to put in about a cup more water to get the correct amount of coffee. I like the automatic stop too, you can get a cup before it is completely done brewing, without making a mess. I like the timer that you can set. I have been very satisfied.

Original review: July 25, 2017

I love it very much. Simple to use and never lets me down after several years of use. It's pretty durable and I love not having to use the paper filters and the mess they make. It's cheap, but good quality. Also dishwasher safe for an easy clean up, which is good for parents. The timer is also a good idea and changing the clock is easy to do. It would be neat if Mr. Coffee came out with an automatic brewer. And perhaps making a smaller version of a cold drink maker or frozen coffee as well.

Original review: July 24, 2017

I love this coffee maker. It has more than one feature that I was looking for. Auto brew, light or dark brew and I can grab a cup of coffee in the middle of brewing. It filters my water too. I can also set the time and coffee will be ready when I wake up. There is even a plastic "pin" inside the coffee filter that I can mark the next time to change the water filter. The replacement water filters are affordable as well. The power and setting lights are blue instead of red, I thought that was a nice change. It's also sturdy and made well. But I wish it had a longer cord and the alarm that beeps when the auto brew is finished could be louder. Other than that I have no complaints about my coffee maker. Best coffee pot I ever owned.

Original review: July 24, 2017

My overall experience at first was great, when it was working correctly that is. It was a bit complicated at first but once I figured it out I was fine. I like the automatic timer feature, that it has a visible digital clock, and that it is black in color to match the other appliances in the kitchen. I also like the lid because it opens wide for easy pouring of the water into the chamber. However, the clock does not work properly and affects the timer mechanism so I have to wake up early to get it started. So I guess it's time to get a new one.

Original review: July 23, 2017

I bought this unit (PLD 12 Programmable 12 cup coffee maker) because it was a Mr. Coffee. Thinking that the quality was there by the name alone. Bought it at Target and it's constantly blowing thermal fuses which I am quite capable of replacing myself. But it keeps reoccurring for the third time within a few months. I am not abusing this coffee maker, it is self destructing electronically by itself. I believe the heating element is the problem. To send it to Sunbeam is costly and parts are not readily available it is senseless to send it out for repair. After less than six months of sporadic use it will be tossed into the trash and just go buy another brand other than Mr. Coffee!

Original review: July 23, 2017

Mr. Coffee has been in business for many years and they have coffee makers figured out. Very simple to operate and it meets my needs and expectations, and makes a really great cup of coffee with very little effort. It make 2 cups of coffee and that it has a clock on it that you can pre-set to start your coffee and have it ready when you wake up in the morning. It isn't self-cleaning though, but what coffee maker is. But I really love my Mr. Coffee and wouldn't change anything about it.

Original review: July 23, 2017

I can set the timer at night time and then when my husband gets up in the morning the next morning it is already brewed for him. He can drink his cup of coffee without having to wait for it. It is very easy to operate and it is very easy to clean. I like everything about Mr. Coffee. This is the third Mr. Coffee I have bought and there is nothing that I dislike about it. Very simple.

Original review: July 22, 2017

Mr. Coffee is not complicated and very easy for me to use. The coffee maker has a big pot, it's fast, easy to clean, and I like that you can set a timer on it. I also like that there are different models for different needs. It is my third Mr. Coffee maker. But the coffee can sometimes too hot for me to drink until it sits for about ten minutes. I do not have any other complaints though. It is a really good coffee maker compared to past ones. It has also met my needs and expectations. I would recommend it to my family and friends. It is a great product and I actually gave away my old one to my friend.

Original review: July 22, 2017

I really like the Mr. Coffee maker I have. It's easy to use and has a simple/sleek design. It is fast brewing as well. I like the temperature of the coffee brewed. I also like the clear section on the reserve so I can see how much water is actually in the back. The only complaint I have is that the side of the filter falls down sometimes. This causes coffee grounds to get into the pot of coffee. I also think all coffee makers should come with automatic timed shut offs.

Original review: July 21, 2017

It meets all my needs and expectations when I am cooking or just for a quick cup of coffee in the afternoon. I t is reliable in making coffee and other things that I like to drink. I like it because I can not only make coffee in it but I can use it to make tea real fast. It is excellent to run hot water boiling for your pot of beans as well. It is simple to use and makes for easy cleanup after use. It will last a long time if you take care of it. I have used Mr. Coffee for years and would not do anything different about the way I enjoy my coffee in the morning or in the afternoon.

Original review: July 21, 2017

I have had great experience with Mr. Coffee. It is very easy to use and it meets all our needs. We like all the features that it has and is very convenient. I like the delay start, the strength selection, and that it stays on for 2 hours and kicks off. I like the programmable part where you can set it to kick on when you want it to. But it needs to keep the coffee hotter longer.

Original review: July 20, 2017

I purchased my Mr. Coffee Maker within the last year and it has stopped working, will not brew and burner does not work. A year before that I also purchased the same coffee maker and it also stopped working. This was the more expensive one and should last more than a year. Very disappointed.

Original review: July 20, 2017

No decanter is required to make coffee. This means that I don't have to worry about buying a replacement if the decanter breaks, which has been a problem for me in the past. It's simple to use and it meets my needs. Overall I am satisfied. I like that it has a timer that I can set for the next day. I also like that it has a spout that dispenses coffee in a similar fashion to a soda dispenser. But coffee maker is not constructed the best. Seems a little flimsy. The part that holds the water is sometimes difficult to get in and to get out. Also, the coffee area "sweats" from the heat when it stays on. Water builds up inside the coffee container.

Original review: July 20, 2017

I like the fact that it makes 8 cups, I love the fact that it's black so it matches anything and everything in my kitchen. I really like the simplicity of it. I put the coffee filter and the coffee grounds on the top of it. I fill the pitcher with water and fill the back up to the number 8 cup level and plug it in and turn it on and it does all the work for me. Fast and easy. I can be doing something else and come back and have a terrific cup of coffee ready and waiting for me. I wish everything could be this easy. I love it I would not change anything about it. I can make a pot of coffee and have some whenever I want it all day long as long as I leave it plugged in and turned on it. Keeps my coffee hot and tasting delicious. I can make coffee and two hours later I can go back for more and it still tastes fresh and it is still hot and delicious just like the first cup I poured.

Original review: July 19, 2017

I like that this coffee maker allows me to set a timer to automatically make coffee at the time I am getting up in the morning. And the timer is easy to set. It is not complicated at all to use this coffee maker. The beep when the timer goes off is a little loud but it is nice to be notified when my coffee is done and I can hear it throughout the house.

Original review: July 19, 2017

The coffee maker I have is simple and just a regular old coffee maker not high tech. It only has an off and on button so once I turn it off if I don't drink all the coffee while still hot. It gets cold and nasty so I have to pour it out because I only like fresh coffee. But I love that I can make a single cup or multiple cups with my coffee maker. So it's suitable for just myself or for when I have guest over. It gets used more when I have guest over at my house. However I wish it had to make coffee with the single little cups instead of having to buy a big thing when I don't make coffee a lot so the coffee tends to get a funny taste from it sitting in the cabinet for so long. So I end up having to throw it away and pitched another can. If it had that option I would only have to open a single little cup and not have to worry about it going bad or stale.

Original review: July 18, 2017

It's black in color and it was easy to assemble. It wasn't very expensive to buy either so if it breaks it can be easily replaced. It's cheap to buy the filters for and the coffee as well is cheap. It's actually very simple to use and easy to clean. It works for what I needed to work. All I do is grab a filter, throw it in, put the amount of coffee I want for how strong I want it and put the water in the back and turn it on and it's good to go. Doesn't take that long to brew it and it's hot and ready for when I need to drink it. But wish you had more options like maybe a clock or to automatically turn off when not in use or maybe to be able to set an alarm to turn on without me actually having to get up to do it myself or even some futuristic thing where I could just say make coffee and it'll do it.

Original review: July 18, 2017

It is just a plain coffeemaker without any extras. Just has any on and off button. No timer or clock. I love this brand because I do not have to program my coffeemaker. Put the coffee in and press the button. I just click a button to on and when I want to turn it off I click it to off. But I have to turn it off because this coffee maker does not turn itself off. But it's the easiest coffee maker that you can buy.

Original review: July 17, 2017

I wanted a small coffee maker to have when there is no one around but me. I make a fresh cup whenever I felt like it. I have really enjoyed Mr. Coffee very much and I would buy again. However it is only a few months old and already there is rust on the hot plate. I worried it will not last very long. But my experience has been so far great and I could not have asked for a better product. It was a good price and I would even maybe give one of these as a gift to someone who lived alone.

Mr. Coffee expert review by Jonathan Trout

Mr. Coffee specializes in making and selling drip and speciality coffee makers, espresso machines and coffee accessories and replacement parts. It makes multiple models of drip brewers that brew anywhere from four to 12 cups. You can choose from different models of cappuccino, espresso and latte machines, all with different features.

• Personal Coffeemaker: Mr. Coffee’s Pour! Brew! Go! Personal Coffeemaker is just big enough to make a single cup or a travel mug full of coffee. Measuring just 12 inches tall and 5 inches wide, it perfectly fits the provided travel mug. The top holds loose ground coffee, eliminating the need for coffee pods. Personal coffee makers come in six bright colors and cost $19.99.

• Versatile brewer: Mr. Coffee’s Versatile Brew 12-cup coffee maker can brew a 12-cup pot of coffee or a single cup of coffee with the push of a button. The single cup side can fit a mug or travel mug for easy, grab-and-go coffee. The machine also has a hot water lever so you can get hot water on the spot for things like oatmeal or mac and cheese. The Versatile brewer is $79.99.

• Performance brewer: Mr. Coffee makes seven models in their Performance Brew line of coffee makers. They feature large brew-heads that shower the grounds with water instead of flooding them, which makes for a fuller flavor. They come with water filtration systems, delay timers, brew-strength selectors and two-hour shut-off timers. Performance brewers range in price from $49.99 to $59.99.

• Latte maker: Mr. Coffee makes a 24-ounce capacity latte maker called Cafe Latte that brews and froths your grounds into a latte. You add ground coffee to the brew basket, milk and additional ingredients in the carafe, and the latte maker whips up a latte using your favorite recipe. Latte makers are $99.99.

• Espresso machines: Mr. Coffee makes three styles of espresso makers ranging in technology and capacity. Their least expensive model ($39.99) makes 20 ounces of espresso and froths milk so you can make lattes and cappuccinos as well. The Cafe Barista is Mr. Coffee’s most expensive model and is a three-in-one espresso, latte and cappuccino maker. You can select a single or double shot filter, select your grounds, fill the milk reservoir and add recipe ingredients. The Cafe Barista does the work for you. It costs $199.99.

• Best for: consumers wanting a high-performance drip coffee maker or specialty coffee maker.

Profile picture of Jonathan Trout