2. Homeowners
  3. Coffee Makers

225 International Pkwy, Lake Mary, Florida 32746

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.88/5

Mr. Coffee Reviews

Original review: Feb. 11, 2020

We love Mr. Coffee.... been buying them for years.... usually about every 12-14 months is about all you can get out of one.... $29.96 at Walmart.... and amortized over a 12 month period.... it comes to $2.50 per month for exclusive use thereof.... around .08¢ per day.... we'll take it.... Our acceptance level is pretty high on this unit not lasting much more that 12 months.... lol.... and next year at this time, I'll go buy another one!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

I wasn't in the market for a Mr. Coffee, but when I noticed the updated appearance and relatively low price I thought it was worth a try. Frankly, I have been surprised at how wonderful this particular model of Mr. Coffee operates. My preferences are pretty simple--hot, fresh, and robust black coffee. The thermal carafe keeps the coffee hot much more efficiently than a heating element, and since the coffee isn't being heated it retains its freshness. There is absolutely no bitter taste with any left-overs that I may drink at lunch. And yes, the coffee is still warm at lunch time...pretty remarkable. I also like how easy it is to fill with water; the reservoir comes off which makes it easy to deal with. And it makes a great tasting cup of coffee. It's an attractive, effective, and easy-to-operate coffee maker. I highly recommend this model of Mr. Coffee.

Get expert buying tips about Coffee Makers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 22, 2019

I bought the Mr. Coffee MODEL# BVBMC-SJX33GT back in 2011, and it's still working after brewing 5+, 12-cup pots a day, for 9 years! I clean it thoroughly, once a week with a cleaning solution. I used to use the Brew-Rite cleaner, but have had trouble finding it this last year. So now I'm using the Affresh Coffeemaker cleaner tablets. This coffeemaker has delayed brew, digital clock and timer, brew strength option, auto shut off after 2 hours, brew completion beeps, brew pause, and a choice between a glass carafe, or a metal thermal one.

I love this coffeemaker and will be disappointed when it finally goes out. Don't know why everyone is having so many issues with their Mr. Coffee Coffeemakers, but I suspect many, if not most, are user abuse and neglect, and error. You've got to take care of, and regularly clean your coffeemaker. If you neglect it, it won't last. And if you have hard water, it is even more important to regularly clean your maker, as the scale builds up and clogs lines, disrupts water flow, seizes up delicate parts, and causes heating elements to overheat and quit!

Ask a plumber about the destructive effects on water heaters, pipes faucets and appliances from hard water scale deposits! The damage is astronomical, but easily preventable with a water softener for your entire home, and bottled water for your coffeemaker, or other water using devices. Regular maintenance is essential to prevent or reduce the damage.

Otherwise, you're going to go in debt, replacing and repairing destroyed appliances and home devices that use the water. Past that, if you're unwilling to do the necessary requirements to maintain a product long term, you'll be a mad, disappointed and miserable consumer. Due diligence is required and that seems to be something many lack these days. They want to plug it in and it work all the time, with no effort on their part to maintain it. And I've yet to see any product capable of performing under those neglectful and ignorant conditions, for any length of time! Have a great day, and drink more coffee.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2020

I purchased an expensive Mr. Coffee coffeemaker in 2017 and within a year it stopped working even after cleaning it properly. I called on the warranty and after being told I could take it to a service provider was then told I had to call another number because they wouldn’t fix it. When I spoke to the second rep (after waiting quite a while) I was told I had to give the serial number and plug number and they would send me a new one which they did. The new one stopped working after a year also so I called again. This time I had to include photos and was told I’d receive an email which never occurred. I called back again. This time I got an email saying I needed the original receipt. What a bunch of b.s. and a total runaround. I will never purchase one of your products again and will definitely spread the word.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2019

Mr. Coffee KNX Series. If I could give this less than 1 star, I would. After having only a few months, it stopped working. Product beeped and all that, but no coffee forthcoming from the machine. Will not be buying any more Mr. Coffee brands after this...just wanted to let folks know not to buy this series.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mr. Coffee?

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

My wife bought me a Mr Coffee maker 12 cup for Christmas. l plug it in but didn't work. Was not informed that I would need a transformer as we are in the UK. I think it burnt out. We can't afford to return to the USA. It started to put water through but stop. We got a converter for the plug. We have look at it and it looks ok. l only drink coffee and the coffee makers that we have here only stay on for a short time. My wife got this one as it stays on longer.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2019

Stay away from this model if you want to make strong coffee. No matter how many scoops of coffee I make, the coffee is WEAK. I’ve tried different measures, less water, more ground coffee and coffee is as weak as ever! It’s not the coffee I’m using either. I’ve been making and drinking the same brand now for over a year. When you pour from the carafe, it’s awfully slow but I could live with that if the coffee came out the way I like it.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

I was gifted a brand new coffee pot for my baby shower. I just had a baby and I am a first time mom so someone thought I would need some coffee to help me through the long nights of motherhood. Well, I opened up the coffee pot, set it up to make coffee, turned it on, and NOTHING. A brand new coffee pot doesn’t work. I contacted customer service and they said there was nothing they could do. They should be ashamed of their selves. I’m never buying a Mr coffee pot again that’s for SURE!!??

Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

Pot beeps loud when done brewing. Unnecessary function if coffee is decent. Pot leaks and it's not coffee! Pause and brew never worked and caused many many issues due to that. Do not buy! Customer service was not helpful.

Original review: July 5, 2019

Since October 2014, (4.5 years) I have been through four Mr. Coffee Coffeemakers. The coffeemakers are used in a residential environment and on average are used once a day for no more than 2 hours to brew a single pot of coffee. The extra "bells & whistles" functions are very rarely used. It seems to be an issue in design as the units last on average 2 yrs in a minimum use environment. These are not the units of the '70’s.

• Purchased October 2014/Model: BVMC-TJX37. Unit stopped brewing coffee.
          • Purchased May 13, 2015/Model: BVMC-EHX23. Unit stopped brewing coffee.
          • Received January 23, 2016/Model: BVMC-EHX23. Unit leaked water from bottom of unit.

• Received October 25, 2016/Model: FTX45-1-NP. Unit stopped brewing coffee 5/2019.

Avoid expensive home repairs

Take our two minute quiz to find the right home warranty for you.

Mr. Coffee expert review by Jonathan Trout

Mr. Coffee specializes in making and selling drip and speciality coffee makers, espresso machines and coffee accessories and replacement parts. It makes multiple models of drip brewers that brew anywhere from four to 12 cups. You can choose from different models of cappuccino, espresso and latte machines, all with different features.

• Personal Coffeemaker: Mr. Coffee’s Pour! Brew! Go! Personal Coffeemaker is just big enough to make a single cup or a travel mug full of coffee. Measuring just 12 inches tall and 5 inches wide, it perfectly fits the provided travel mug. The top holds loose ground coffee, eliminating the need for coffee pods. Personal coffee makers come in six bright colors and cost $19.99.

• Versatile brewer: Mr. Coffee’s Versatile Brew 12-cup coffee maker can brew a 12-cup pot of coffee or a single cup of coffee with the push of a button. The single cup side can fit a mug or travel mug for easy, grab-and-go coffee. The machine also has a hot water lever so you can get hot water on the spot for things like oatmeal or mac and cheese. The Versatile brewer is $79.99.

• Performance brewer: Mr. Coffee makes seven models in their Performance Brew line of coffee makers. They feature large brew-heads that shower the grounds with water instead of flooding them, which makes for a fuller flavor. They come with water filtration systems, delay timers, brew-strength selectors and two-hour shut-off timers. Performance brewers range in price from $49.99 to $59.99.

• Latte maker: Mr. Coffee makes a 24-ounce capacity latte maker called Cafe Latte that brews and froths your grounds into a latte. You add ground coffee to the brew basket, milk and additional ingredients in the carafe, and the latte maker whips up a latte using your favorite recipe. Latte makers are $99.99.

• Espresso machines: Mr. Coffee makes three styles of espresso makers ranging in technology and capacity. Their least expensive model ($39.99) makes 20 ounces of espresso and froths milk so you can make lattes and cappuccinos as well. The Cafe Barista is Mr. Coffee’s most expensive model and is a three-in-one espresso, latte and cappuccino maker. You can select a single or double shot filter, select your grounds, fill the milk reservoir and add recipe ingredients. The Cafe Barista does the work for you. It costs $199.99.

• Best for: consumers wanting a high-performance drip coffee maker or specialty coffee maker.

by Jonathan Trout ConsumerAffairs Research Team