Get a Quote

2. Movers

4.2/5 (91 ratings)

About United Nation Van Lines

United Nation Van Lines is the parent company of Moving Nation. It specializes in long-distance and cross-country moves and has experience with residential, commercial and corporate relocations. The company has a fleet of 15 trucks registered with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA). United Nation Van Lines has provided services for over 12,500 moves in the U.S.

Pros

• Moving tracker app
    • Multiple packing options
    • Dedicated moving coordinator

Cons

• No local moves
    • Some scheduling complaints

Bottom Line

United Nation Van Lines can be an excellent option for cross-country and other long-distance moves. The company doesn’t handle local moves, but positive reviews mention fair pricing and quick, efficient crews.

Top United Nation Van Lines Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I remembered United Nation Van Lines from having used them a few years ago and decided to hire them again based on the good job last time. They have maintained their high standard...

Verified

We had the perfect moving experience, thanks to the great team at United Nation Van Lines. They were punctual and hardworking, as well as very polite to us. We chose them for the ...

About United Nation Van Lines

United Nation Van Lines' movers undergo in-house certification to ensure all customers receive high-quality service. Move tracking is available so you can stay up to date on the status and location of your belongings.

Customers can choose from several packing and storage options, and each customer receives a dedicated moving coordinator for the duration of their move. Optional services include full-service packing, fragile-only packing and storage options. United Nation Van Lines offers packing materials including standard and specialty cartons.

United Nation Van Lines moving services

United Nation Van Lines' primary services are long-distance residential and corporate moves, but the company offers additional services to help make your move as stress-free as possible.

• Long-distance moves are typically more than 400 miles and cross state lines. United Nation Van Lines has experience with long-distance moves in the lower 48 states.
    • Cross-country moves are moves from one coast to another. Expect a cost of at least $3,000.
    • Corporate and commercial relocations involve moving a business, including furniture and equipment.
    • Short-term storage is often required if your moving dates don't line up correctly. Your items are kept secure until you can move them into your new home.
    • Long-term storage, usually defined as more than 30 days, is available. Different pricing may apply.
    • Full packing is when United Nation Van Lines packs and unpacks everything for you. This service includes disassembling and reassembling furniture and installing appliances.
    • Fragile-only packing is for when you need assistance packing a few delicate items.
    • Help with self-packing is when United Nation Van Lines gives you information about packing but you do the packing yourself. United Nation Van Lines can still help you load and unload.

United Nation Van Lines cost

A long-distance move with United Nation Van Lines costs anywhere from $2,000 to $8,000. For example, moving possessions in a one-bedroom apartment from Seattle to Miami usually runs around $4,500.

You can save money by booking in advance and moving during nonpeak times. Summer generally is the most expensive time to move. In addition to time of year, factors that affect the price of a move include the total weight of your belongings, the moving distance, the level of service you require and the type of insurance you have.

United Nation Van Lines FAQ

Is United Nation Van Lines licensed and certified?
    Yes, United Nation Van Lines is registered with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration as a carrier. It has both an MC Docket number and a USDOT number.
    What packing services does United Nation Van Lines offer?
    You can choose from full-service packing, fragile-only packing or self-packing with United Nation Van Lines.
    Does United Nation Van Lines provide international relocation services?
    No, United Nation Van Lines does not currently provide international relocation services.
    Where is United Nation Van Lines headquartered?
    United Nation Van Lines has offices in Sacramento, California, and Westerville, Ohio.

Do we recommend United Nation Van Lines?

United Nation Van Lines could be a good option for long-distance moves and corporate relocations. We like its variety of packing services and the fact that each customer gets a dedicated moving coordinator for their relocation. Positive reviews frequently mention the company's professionalism, in-depth knowledge and upfront pricing. For these reasons, we think United Nation Van Lines is a good pick.

United Nation Van Lines Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about United Nation Van Lines?

Original review: Aug. 19, 2021

I made the best moving decision ever by hiring United Nation Van Lines and they would get 10 stars if it was possible. The first reason is the cost. They turned out to be cheaper for me to move back to Colorado from Wisconsin. A different company charged me about 10 percent to move from Ohio to Wisconsin more a few years back even though I had less stuff. The second reason is the care. There was nothing broken, no furniture scratched, etc. because they took all the necessary precautions. Last but not least, they were fantastic guys! I would hire United Nation Van Lines and especially this team again!

Get buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2021

This was my first move hiring a professional moving company. The United Nation Van Lines people were very helpful in explaining all the terms in language I could understand. They also helped me choose a package that worked best for me instead of just trying to push the most expensive one. I got exactly what I needed without paying for extras. On the day of the move, it all went like clockwork. I am very happy with my decision to choose United Nation Van Lines. I will definitely call them up if I have to move again. My move was a 3-bedroom house in Baltimore, MD to a 4-bedroom house in Nebraska.

Original review: March 18, 2021

We are very happy with the deal that United Nation Van Lines gave us and the amazing service that came with it. Their price undercut the previous cost that we had to pay a similar professional moving company to move us to Arizona last year. Considering that moving rates increase year on year, I don’t know how United Nation Van Lines does it but they do a mighty fine job of balancing cost and quality.

This is actually our first time hiring this fine company. However, it feels like we have known the team for ages. There was always a genuine edge to their conversations with us. You can tell that they care about doing right by the customer and not just treating everybody as a number to earn money. That is true for the sales team in their head office as well as the moving men.

The practical side of their work is just beyond compare. The team of movers cleared out our 2-bedroom apartment like it was nothing, even with all the large appliances like refrigerators, washing machine and drier. I think a large part of that is their brand spanking new equipment - all the dollies were shiny and clean, and that probably made moving things a whole lot easier. The one thing I am not so sure about is how they managed to charge us such a low price. I am happy they did but I am just wondering if I missed something? Regardless, I would hire them at this price again.

Original review: March 10, 2021

The movers from United Nation Van Lines were good. They showed up when they said they would. They even showed up in Montana in a winter advisory. There were tons and tons of snow, and they were on time. They were pretty open to times. They delivered on Super Bowl Sunday in a snowstorm. They got my stuff to me. Also, my house isn’t built yet here in Montana. So, they had really wrapped up my stuff very well in blankets, they put plastic wrap over that, and then taped all that up. I had wanted to have it left that way. Normally, they would put it in your house, unwrap it and put everything together. There was an additional cost for the packing blankets, but it was super cheap and it was very worth the convenience. They’re 100 bucks. It was 25 packing blankets. So, that was really cool. That helped me out a lot.

United Nation Van Lines response

Dear Michael,

We appreciate your feedback and we are happy that we could provide you with quality moving service.

Fill free to reach us when you in need of moving again.

Sincerely,

United Nation Van Lines.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

They showed up very promptly. They helped us figure out things that we didn't quite know if we were going to take or not. They were able to help us with most of the things that we had boxed and packed, and a few things that we didn't do. They moved it from inside the house to the truck to a storage facility. The coordinators that reached out to us were great. The gentleman that we worked with was Vic, and he was awesome. He found hard working people in Colorado and in Arizona, to help get our stuff out of the truck and into storage. The only concern that I have is that I know that there was a couple of pictures I could hear a crackling glass, but I couldn't tell what it was. Because until we moved our stuff out of storage to our house, we're not going to know the extent of the damage.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2021

United Nation Van Lines moved us from Georgia to Maryland and we are extremely pleased with the wonderful job that they did. Our 3 bedroom apartment on the ground floor in GA was a relatively easy affair but the maisonette in MD we moved into has stairs and pretty narrow hallways which complicates things when you are moving large furniture and appliances. After the movers had finished, I took an inspection of the place and found that they had left no scuff marks or damage on both the walls and the floors. Great job!

Original review: Sept. 20, 2021

Actual movers and not just moonlighters in to make a quick buck. You can tell that from the way they speak to you, how they discuss packing and moving the bigger items, and also the quality and cleanliness of their uniforms. In all those respects, United Nation Van Lines was just too good for any other company I have hired before to match. You will have to pay a little bit more but aren’t all the possessions in your house worth it. I have used them just once but will probably call them up again next time, too. 5 stars from me.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2021

They offered a good price and got us hooked with a considerable down payment and after that started increasing the price until they finally added something like $8,000 to the initial deal. We didn't discover this until a truck too small for our stuff.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2021

We wanted to write this review to thank the movers at United Nation Van Lines as well as the office staff that helped us to organize the whole affair. It was just our tiny 2-bedroom house in Alabama to a slightly bigger 2-bedroom one in Arizona but still pretty difficult since it was really the first move we have ever made as a couple. The admin team was really helpful and made it seem easy. Our movers were two young men who were very fit and motivated. We did not have to do anything ourselves. I liked the entire service and recommend them highly.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2021

Deceptive Estimates*

*Initial estimate with "binding estimate fee": $15574.60.
      Follow up call to ensure initial estimate was correct resulted in additional charge of: $589 "just to make sure there were no additional charges".
      Charge after driver spent 1.5 hours reviewing previous two "estimates": $21762.85.
      Initial Estimate for Storage: $960.

Actual charge for Storage: $1600.

*Poor Customer Service: No weekend availability/Actual Drivers use non-business phones for contact i.e. United Nation Van Lines is a Sacramento, CA/Westerville, OH company: Driver calls came from Las Vegas, NV and Boca Raton, FL not from the stated Customer Service area code of 916.

*Actual dates provided are either changed or when adhered to are done at the latest time on the latest stated date i.e. "We will arrive between 4 and 5 JUN": actually arrived at 1800 on 5 JUN. "We will arrive within 3-5 days -call from United Nation Van Line on 8 SEP 2021": Actually arrived on 12 SEP at 1530.

***Bottom Line: DO NOT USE THIS CARRIER. Consumer Affairs: You should remove this company from your "authorized partner list" - they are certainly not your "Best" carrier (I served in military for 34 years and moved multiple times).

Original review: Sept. 10, 2021

If you were looking for one moving company competent enough to handle any move, your search ends here. I have hired United Nation Van Lines for office transfers as well as to shift homes and they are just as competent whatever you throw at them. In moving our 5-bedroom house this time, they took less time than expected and still did a better job of packing and protecting fragile items than I have seen before. It shows you that they genuinely care. Happy to recommend them.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2021

We so regret hiring United Nation Van Lines. They were awarded after comparing to several other companies. We compared reviews/price and they had fewest bad reviews. However, I do not know how they could have such high reviews now, after our experience. There is nothing positive about them. Soon after we paid deposit, they called to verify they estimated low and needed more money to bring more packing material to avoid double charges, if we went over estimated Cu ft. Then they were a day late crew to start. They sent two different crews, which did not work together at all. They ended up taking 3 days to pack what they estimated would take 2 days. They broke several items that we found (They would not have told us). The 3rd day only 2 of 5 crew showed up and we had to help.

I tried contacting customer service, but they never answered until 3 weeks later. When we called for them to bring our belongings to new home, they confirmed they could not deliver until 4 weeks later, due to peak season. Once they did delivered our belongings, we found many items broken or damaged. We are now in process of filing an insurance claim. Damage was due to poor packing (not wrapping of items that were broke or not using blankets properly). We are still unpacking what they were supposed to unpack (furniture). We would not recommend this company to anyone.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2021

Hands down the best move ever. 5 stars and highly recommended. Details: all the things filling a 3 bedroom apartment of 4 person family in Tennessee being moved to a 4 bedroom house in Ohio. It was a well-prepared move since I knew months in advance that we would be moving. United Nation Van Lines was the best option for us because they had moved us into our old place, too. It was a flawless process with them adhering to their schedule and delivering all our boxes, safe and sound. I will definitely hire them again.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2021

I had to move some things from my old house that I wanted to rent out and needed them placed in storage. Since all those things did not have any real value, I just needed a basic moving package to load all of them into a truck and stack them up in a storage shed I’d rented. United Nation Van Lines’s quote was the best I received so I automatically hired them. Their basic service suited my needs perfectly. I would hire them again!

Original review: Aug. 28, 2021

I hired United Nation Van Lines to help move my mom and dad back in with us after some health issues they had. It was from my childhood home in TX, which meant that it was full of toys and other childhood things associated with a lot of good memories. I had them move the essentials to my place and the rest to a storage facility here in CA. The movers were excellent and had no problems understanding and following my instructions to the letter. A 5 star performance.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2021

Hired United Nation Van Lines to move some antique trunks from a storage facility in New Jersey to a more secure place in Hershey, PA. The trunks themselves are valuable and were also full of some other valuable collectibles so I needed climate-controlled transportation all the way. United Nation Van Lines actually found a suitable vehicle for me and then got their professional team to take care of the actual transportation. I am very happy with their efforts and the results. I would hire them again, too.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2021

We couldn’t have asked for a better moving experience than the one we got from United Nation Van Lines. Probably one of the best value for money movers we have ever used. One of the things that stood out for me was how they made sure they didn’t leave any marks on the walls and floor when they moved the large furniture and appliances. We would probably have been liable for the damage costs because the realty agent did a very thorough lookover of the place before releasing us from the lease and giving us our deposit. I would recommend this company because of the care that they took.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2021

5 stars and a well-deserved pat on the back once more for my favorite moving company, United Nation Van Lines. They really outdid themselves this time by not just delivering all my things unscathed, but even managing to give me a present for being a loyal customer. I have relied on them for years despite them being slightly more expensive because of their quality service. Everything else is just like my previous reviews of them – they are careful with your things and adhere to the schedule. (I was moving a 4-bedroom home from Birmingham, AL to Akron, OH).

Original review: Aug. 18, 2021

NOT GOOD! Charged us $6700 overestimate. Underestimated to obtain our business. Rude, careless during the move. Impossible to reach customer service. My husband and I left several messages. I would never recommend this mover.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2021

Another move using United Nation Van Lines and another rating of 5 stars that I feel absolutely obliged to give, they are just that good at what they do. I have been using them for a number of years, and have even had friends and colleagues use them on my recommendation. Everyone that I know who has hired them agrees that this company is a definite cut above the rest. To me, their commitment to hard work is the key. The movers will start a job and then finish it with minimal breaks, always sticking to their timeline. Hire them and see for yourself.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2021

We made a good faith contract with United Nations Van Lines for a pick up 8/1-8/4 for a cross country move and paid a deposit. They delayed the move date until 8/7, which was not ideal but acceptable, then to 8/9, which we could not accommodate. With each contact telling us of additional delays, each representative asked if we wanted to “cancel”. Cancelling means we’d forfeit our nearly $3,000 deposit.

Ultimately, on 8/7, when we had an email that movers would present between 11 am and 2 pm, we were contacted after 2 to say that there was a “problem with the truck” and the representative “hoped“ someone would be there “before dark.” We assumed at this point that no one was going to show up and made other arrangements. We’ve literally received zero contact from the company about any of this, despite calls and emails requesting our deposit be refunded. We have reported this as fraud to our bank. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2021

Polite and friendly movers who are nice people but even better at their jobs. The office is staffed with people who can answer most of your questions immediately, or will find out and call back with the answer when they don’t. Both those factors make a difference and United Nation Van Lines gets top marks for them. I only heard of them by accident during a casual conversation but I am now happy to recommend them based on the move they did for us. It was a 2 bedroom house in OH that we moved to a studio apartment in IL.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2021

One of the most surprising things I have found out over the last month or so is that there are actually honest moving companies. Before I used United Nation Van Lines for my move from Virginia to DeLand, FL, I had used numerous others and always had some problem or the other, every single time. Some of them even charged higher rates and are considered the top in the industry. However, United Nation Van Lines is the understated performer. It came through in terms of the price, the moving team and the speed. I am really glad I came across them and will use them again for sure.

Resolution response: Aug. 11, 2021

I am resolving this feedback.. To my surprise and out of the blue my goods were delivered. The unloading process by the truck driver was smooth.. We paid him extra considering they are all working hard during the pandemic.. Resolving this and bumping up the stars to four.. If the communication was more forthcoming about delivery estimate, I would have bumped it up to five.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2021

We hired United Nation Van lines to move from California to Texas. It all started well with lot of promise. In fact, the pick up was on time and packing was decent and hence the two stars. The shocker part is waiting for the delivery and not knowing whether and when things will get delivered. After nearly four weeks of pickup, I am still waiting and do not know when my shipment will actually arrive... Customer care is nonexistent. The calls mostly do not get answered and there is no call back if you leave a voicemail. The lady who picks up very occasionally has mostly no clue about when the shipment will get scheduled. At this point, I am hoping my items will arrive at some point... with hope getting lost daily.

Have been sleeping on the floor with no furniture and no household items past three weeks... and not sure how long this is going to last. If customer service can't tell me when my delivery is likely to get scheduled and cannot give me a estimated delivery date, it shows that the company is not equipped to move things reliably. I don't know what else to say. I really hope I get my items delivered...Fingers crossed.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2021

We hired United Nation Van Lines because it has been a decade since we moved homes and we are just too old to do it ourselves now. The flipside of course is that you have to pay for the service, so we spent a lot of time figuring out the best balance between being budget friendly and entrusting our things into the hands of maniacs. United Nation Van Lines came highly recommended by my brother and just with our first email, we were pretty sure they were the ones we were going to hire. Excellent customer service and attention to detail.

Original review: July 31, 2021

Of all the movers we have tried over the past two decades, United Nation Van Lines is the only one that left me completely happy with my decision to hire them. One of the most common mistakes movers make is to go by their own schedule instead of yours. Not with this company. They always plan ahead and gave me both the pickup window and delivery window that worked best for me. It made it really easy for us to plan our own trip from Nebraska to Texas. That was the result of good coordination and communication by them. Recommended.

Original review: July 29, 2021

My move by United Nation Van Lines from Maryland to Colorado can be described in a single word: perfect. However, I am going to add a few more words to explain why. Firstly, they keep their word. This is true both for the times that they give you and the quote that they present before the move. Secondly, the staff are good at their individual jobs. The movers are fast and efficient while the office people give you straight answers to your questions. Thirdly, and most importantly, they are priced just right. Other companies charge approximately 20% more for this level of service. 5 stars.

Original review: July 26, 2021

It’s hard to believe I am writing this review right now. On June 28, United Nation Movers packed up my entire house in Menlo Park and drove off into the sunset. They promised delivery 17 days later in New York. Unfortunately, my stuff still hasn’t arrived, which is upsetting, but not impossible to understand. What is most troubling is that the representative doesn’t answer his phone and doesn’t call back. I call the customer service number, no response. Ask for the operator, no answer. I’ve sent several emails and have heard nothing. I’m starting to wonder if the company actually exists…Will I ever get my stuff? Of course, they’ve cashed my check!!!

Original review: July 23, 2021

United Nation Van Lines is absolutely the right moving company to hire if you want a decent team of people anywhere near your most prized possessions. I was very thorough in how I vetted the different candidates I was considering for my move. I called up around 12 companies and spoke to them, and even visited the two that were near my old place in Georgia. Ultimately, United Nation Van Lines was the clear choice for both how they patiently handled my questions and for their cost. They ranked in the top 5 most popular but are number 1 for the value their customers get.

Original review: July 21, 2021

We did a really hurried move from Tennessee to Ohio so my husband could start with his new job, something we would never have done pre-pandemic. We had used United Nation Van Lines for our move to Ohio and it was basically a no brainer to hire them again. As we expected, they were great once more. We have come to really like this company for its great team of hardworking people, on the ground and in their office. They have made both our moves really manageable despite the unavoidable chaos of moving. I will definitely use them again for my next move.

United Nation Van Lines Company Information