Formerly United Nation Van Lines

4.4/5 (165 ratings)

About United Regions Van Lines

United Regions Van Lines specializes in long-distance and cross-country moves and has experience with residential, commercial and corporate relocations. The company has a fleet of 15 trucks registered with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA). United Regions Van Lines has provided services for over 12,500 moves in the U.S.

Pros

• Moving tracker app
    • Multiple packing options
    • Dedicated moving coordinator

Cons

• No local moves
    • Some scheduling complaints

Bottom Line

United Regions Van Lines can be an excellent option for cross-country and other long-distance moves. The company doesn’t handle local moves, but positive reviews mention fair pricing and quick, efficient crews.

Top United Regions Van Lines Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I remembered United Nation Van Lines from having used them a few years ago and decided to hire them again based on the good job last time. They have maintained their high standard...

Verified

We had the perfect moving experience, thanks to the great team at United Nation Van Lines. They were punctual and hardworking, as well as very polite to us. We chose them for the ...

About United Regions Van Lines

United Regions Van Lines' movers undergo in-house certification to ensure all customers receive high-quality service. Move tracking is available so you can stay up to date on the status and location of your belongings.

Customers can choose from several packing and storage options, and each customer receives a dedicated moving coordinator for the duration of their move. Optional services include full-service packing, fragile-only packing and storage options. United Regions Van Lines offers packing materials including standard and specialty cartons.

United Regions Van Lines moving services

United Regions Van Lines' primary services are long-distance residential and corporate moves, but the company offers additional services to help make your move as stress-free as possible.

• Long-distance moves are typically more than 400 miles and cross state lines. United Regions Van Lines has experience with long-distance moves in the lower 48 states.
    • Cross-country moves are moves from one coast to another. Expect a cost of at least $3,000.
    • Corporate and commercial relocations involve moving a business, including furniture and equipment.
    • Short-term storage is often required if your moving dates don't line up correctly. Your items are kept secure until you can move them into your new home.
    • Long-term storage, usually defined as more than 30 days, is available. Different pricing may apply.
    • Full packing is when United Regions Van Lines packs and unpacks everything for you. This service includes disassembling and reassembling furniture and installing appliances.
    • Fragile-only packing is for when you need assistance packing a few delicate items.
    • Help with self-packing is when United Regions Van Lines gives you information about packing but you do the packing yourself. United Regions Van Lines can still help you load and unload.

United Regions Van Lines cost

A long-distance move with United Regions Van Lines costs anywhere from $2,000 to $8,000. For example, moving possessions in a one-bedroom apartment from Seattle to Miami usually runs around $4,500.

You can save money by booking in advance and moving during nonpeak times. Summer generally is the most expensive time to move. In addition to time of year, factors that affect the price of a move include the total weight of your belongings, the moving distance, the level of service you require and the type of insurance you have.

United Regions Van Lines FAQ

Is United Regions Van Lines licensed and certified?
    Yes, United Regions Van Lines is registered with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration as a carrier. It has both an MC Docket number and a USDOT number.
    What packing services does United Regions Van Lines offer?
    You can choose from full-service packing, fragile-only packing or self-packing with United Regions Van Lines.
    Does United Regions Van Lines provide international relocation services?
    No, United Regions Van Lines does not currently provide international relocation services.
    Where is United Regions Van Lines headquartered?
    United Regions Van Lines has offices in Sacramento, California, and Westerville, Ohio.

Do we recommend United Regions Van Lines?

United Regions Van Lines could be a good option for long-distance moves and corporate relocations. We like its variety of packing services and the fact that each customer gets a dedicated moving coordinator for their relocation. Positive reviews frequently mention the company's professionalism, in-depth knowledge and upfront pricing. For these reasons, we think United Regions Van Lines is a good pick.

United Regions Van Lines Reviews

1 featured review
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about United Regions Van Lines?

Original review: April 10, 2022

It was a pleasure hiring United Nation Van Lines because they gave me better value for money than any other moving company that I have hired. Most movers have very basic packages advertised but it surprised me that United Nation Van Lines’ ad included packaging stuff like packing boxes and securing tape, etc. That is why their package may give the impression that it is more expensive but when you look closer, it is actually a better balance of quality and cost. The movers also did a good job of earning my trust with their easygoing attitude and open attitude. It had also been the same with the office team with whom we had spoken. I am very pleased that I hired them and would do so again.

Get buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2022

United Nation Van Lines gave me what everyone needs when they move – no problems. It’s that simple – United Nation Van Lines knows its role is to make things simple for people who are moving houses. They do it by being very organized, ensuring that everything they touch is moved carefully and responsibly so it isn’t damaged, and then keeping to the timetable they give. For us, it was for our move to Paxtonia, PA from Augusta, GA. They cleared out the pre-packed boxes from my old home very quickly and loaded them onto their van. The delivery was made the next week right during the window they had promised us. I couldn’t be happier with their service this time and look forward to hiring them again.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2022

We were sad to move from Florida after almost 2 decades living there and raising our kids but the upside was having a nice company like United Nation Van Lines help us move to North Carolina from there. Our old house was a 4 bedroom house and we hired United Nation Van Lines to come in and pack everything up. They were not only fast but also very efficient. Our things were packed up and ready to go before the time was up. They delivered when they had promised us they would, too. No damaged boxes or contents, all there. I hope not to have to move from our new house anytime soon but if I do, United Nation Van Lines will be the company I hire again.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2022

What a great start to the new year United Nation Van Lines has given my family in New York. They helped us move from Millsboro, DE last month, something that I had asked them to slot in for us because we were in a hurry. I was quite apprehensive about whether they would be able to pull through for us because the holiday season was approaching. Fortunately, they managed to find us an open spot and the rest as they say is history. The convenience of moving when you want aside, United Nation Van Lines also gave us a very jolly moving crew who were a delight to interact with. With all our boxes safely delivered, all that’s left is for me to give them 5 stars!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2022

I love this company! We have hired them several times now and this move was to shift my office from Tennessee to White Plains, MD. (United Nation Van Lines had done our home move last month the same way) While there was much less stuff than my 5 bedroom house, a lot of it was bulky, fragile and expensive equipment, especially copiers, PCs and coffee makers, etc. I think United Nation Van Lines did a very good job of packing all those things to ensure they were safely protected when they were being moved. Delivery was done specifically on a weekend at my request because of the better traffic situation at the new office location. I am very happy they could accommodate us and I would gladly hire them again.

Original review: May 16, 2022

I'm sorry that I had to give them a one star but I can't submit a review without marking something. I am stunned that Consumer Affairs put these people on the top of their list, which is one of the reasons I went with this moving company. I paid dearly for a full pack. I was assured that this firm had their own trucks and that they would furnish an experienced crew. Everything had to go into storage beginning mid-Nov and could not be delivered until mid-February. I am a seasoned mover from the west coast to the east coast and back, 26 times with only 2 corporate moves. One item alone I moved 18 times in Oregon and California, without a glitch. One move from these people there are two large breaks and numerous chips.

When I initially contacted these folks I was very clear that I had a pair of vintage lamps from the 40's and a pair of vintage stained glass lamp shades that needed special attention with packing because I knew that the glass was no longer available and would be extremely difficult to get repaired. I explained this the same way with the packing crew boss. Needless to say the lampshades were not packed separately, shoved haphazardly into boxes with no protection with other items and I had to cut two boxes up to remove things without causing any further damage. All the rubber stoppers are missing from my glass top table bases. There weren't too many pieces of furniture that have not been damaged. The top to the China cabinet is scraped up something fierce, one of the door handles are completely gone, the other is damaged. It is so bad that I will probably have to scrap the top and hope I can use the buffet.

Everything is either scraped or gouged. I can't even imagine how they could damage almost everything I own. My clothes were thrown into boxes even though they used, and charged me for, wardrobe boxes. I could go on adnauseum but it is getting too aggravating. When the van arrived in Las Vegas, the crew they sent to unpack the truck kept telling me that they were only taking care of the unloading and was so very sorry about all the damage. As if that isn't bad enough, they unloaded five boxes that don't even belong to me. The van left before I had a chance to look at the boxes in the garage otherwise I could have had them take the boxes back with them. My contact wants me to take pictures and email them to her because she doesn't have a cell phone. Now I have to figure out how to do that. I have at least one missing box.

Since I only have one opportunity to file a damage claim, I have had to unpack every box, inspect for damage, document, repack and keep all of the damaged boxes which amounts to almost two dozen of them. I didn't even keep the dented and mashed boxes, just the ones that had holes gouged in them. I initially did not want, or expect to, have to do this in such a short time frame. I realize that I have nine months to file a claim, but I have other issues that I need to deal with. I think that it really nice that this moving company has so many wonderful reviews but, in all honestly, I don't think that I am the only one with this kind of experience. I am definitely not looking forward to having to deal with the claim, I am just hoping that it will be fair and reasonable. Thank you.

Original review: May 14, 2022

I was not happy with the handling of my furniture and items. I watched One of the movers Ram my Curio grandmother clock, made of glass and wood in a box so hard it ripped the side of the box. They broke a mirror and chairs. That’s just the beginning. I moved 18 times in my adult life and this move was not good at all.

Original review: May 9, 2022

Our move was simple because it was just a small 2 bedroom apartment moving from Atlanta, GA to Dallas, TX. Regardless of the simplicity, we chose this movers since they have a very good reputation for handling jobs of all sizes well. Their expertise is to be marveled at – the movers know the quickest and safest way to move anything, no matter how big or small. We were happy to see that the movers were very polite, too, just like the phone support people.

Original review: May 5, 2022

Would never use again. I received absolutely no advance notice prior to arrival of my furniture, even though it was a trip of almost 900 miles, just a call notifying me the truck was at the destination. The company representative said they had tried to call me, but my call log for the entire week between pick up and delivery indicates that is not true. It DOES reflect the two calls I made to United the day before their arrival (at which time they couldn't provide me with any delivery information) AND a voicemail from them that they were checking the status.

The truck arrived on the one day I requested delivery not be made because my daughter was scheduled for surgery. This date and the request was given to the original individual who took my order, the quality assurance person who called one week prior to pick up and to the apparent leader of the team who loaded my order. I received the call that the truck was at my new home while en route to the hospital. I had to immediately turn around and drive 90 minutes to meet the movers. If that wasn't distressing enough, they charged me an additional $300 for the wait time! Using their own trucks? Another lie. My load was delivered in an Enterprise rental. Of the six men involved in my move, only one at the pick up spoke any English.

It took 15 minutes and involvement of someone off site for me to get documentation of the $2500 cash paid at time of delivery. I insisted in noting the cash payment on the paperwork and was finally able to get a copy of it, after the employees refused to let me take a photo of the document. They were not a particularly economical choice, either, costing me over $7,000 to move 1100 cubic feet about 850 miles (almost all self-packed).

Original review: May 4, 2022

That’s the end of my hunt for the best moving company in the business! They managed to do a better job in every sense than any other moving companies that I have hired before. Their most appealing feature is the reasonable pricing. Most companies of this size charge way more for the same kind of service. I think the quality you get is just right given that the movers are better trained and seem more ‘expert’. I will hire again.

United Regions Van Lines Company Information