Call toll free
4.65/5
Based on 23 reviews that contain star ratings

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Mover Dudes are your premium moving and storage experts. Based out of the Fort Lauderdale, Florida area, we service local Florida moves as well as long-distance moves to 17 states in the U.S., and growing. Our services are customized for your needs including packing and unpacking, military and residential, special care and oversized moves. Mover Dudes strives to provide a hassle-free experience at an affordable price to get you moved safely, securely and on time.

23 Mover Dudes Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

Besides damages to my doorways, during the delivery, severe gouges put on my hutches, and other experiences this move was less than the glowing ones that I have read. Is this company The Mover Dudes, The Moving Dudes or something else. I spoke to the moving company in Virginia called The Moving Dudes and they were very nice and said that my review was on their site and they get this happens all the time. The driver was supposed to give 24 to 48 hours notice of delivery. He called at 5 pm the evening before, said he would be delivering my items at 10 am the next day, and arrived at 9 am. He called me to get the addresses for the delivery. I do not think that he knew where he was going. He was in such a hurry to continue his run we had to hire someone to put the furniture back together and put it in place. We paid extra for 2 drop offs. On the second one, the driver left everything on the driveway.

Can you imagine the surprise that my family had when they came home from work that day? The owner did not even know who was the driver. When I spoke to Steve, he kept insisting that Ben delivered my items when it was a driver called Dan who had no interest in delivering furniture. Dealing with their claims department is like dealing with an organization in chaos. They claim that they send attachments with their emails but I really don't think they know how. There were few attachments.

Getting updates is like withdrawing gold nuggets from Fort Knox. First, they tell you to get a summary of your account, email them. Then they tell you to fill out their form. I did get an offer from The Moving Dudes...$72 for almost $4000 in damages. I really have a hard time believing all of these reviews because unfortunately, My delivery was nowhere as glowing nor were some of the review that I have read on other sites. The BBB said that this company is only rated a B. Look at some of the Facebook reviews and other sites before using MOVER DUDES.

Good afternoon Madeline,
Mover Dudes holds all of it's representatives to the highest level of standards. Due to the poor service, the driver that was responsible for your move is no longer employed at Mover Dudes. As per our email communications, we are working on addressing your stated issues.

Customer service

Get expert buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

Great experience with Mover Dudes. Steve set up the move and Andrew’s team showed up on time and ready to work quickly and carefully wrapping and moving our valuables. We paid by the hour which I thought was fair especially since the 3 Mover Dudes were so efficient and professional, they never slowed up even 8 hours later. Will definitely use them again.

Mover Dudes response
Thank you so very much Leslie for taking the time to review Mover Dudes! Our team strives to always provide the best service possible! Our team thanks you for the 5 stars!

Customer Service

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

My contract to move 5 pieces of sentimental childhood furniture from Rincon, GA to Plattsburgh, NY was recently fulfilled with Mover Dudes from Deerfield, FL and I have nothing but positive feedback regarding the whole process. My request was to move this furniture at the least cost possible. This being my first experience with a long distance move made me a prime candidate for a horror story, however, I had nothing but personal attention and care not only by the owner/manager, Steve Ennis, but his drivers as well. The same 2 gentlemen, Rico and Marcus, picked up the furniture and delivered it as well 1100 miles later.

Every piece was wrapped in blankets and taped up like a Christmas present. The care given my furniture was above and beyond and delivered with expertise. Rico kept me up to date on where they were and his ETA throughout the entire trip. (Including a side trip (delivery) in Manhattan.) I have left a similar review on YELP because I was so impressed with the integrity and workmanship of the 3 people I had contact with at Mover Dudes. If they are an example of the quest for customer satisfaction, you can't go wrong with this company. If you are reading this, thank you guys from a very satisfied customer.

Mover Dudes response
You're so welcome Marie! Yup. Horror stories do exist in the moving industry. Unfortunately, not every move goes according to the best laid plan. Mover Dudes strives to always do it's very best to avoid all disastrous situations. Thank you Marie for the kind words regarding our team and the service they provided to you. We appreciate it very much that you took the time to let us know how satisfied you are! We're here to help you again, just let us know!

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

They were able to accommodate my last minute move and had great rates! Would recommend! We had flash flood warnings and they had to unload in the POURING rain without complaint. THANK YOU FOR MAKING OUR LIFE EASIER! We will definitely recommend you!!!

Mover Dudes response
Rain or shine Allan, we aim to please! Our team is thrilled to hear how pleased you are with your move! We truly appreciate your 5 star review! We love our customers and their recommendations!

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

Very professional and efficient. Definitely would use again. Responded within 5 mins and gave me the best rate. Good communication. Arrived on time and the move was stress free and easy. Highly recommend.

Mover Dudes response
Stress free and easy is our goal! We appreciate your business Roger and look forward to working with you again!

Customer Service

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Moving Dudes?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

When I called this company on August 4th and spoke with Eric for a quote. I explained that I didn't care about the pickup date, but I needed a guaranteed September 1 delivery date. I was assured this was not a problem. They gave me a good quote and I decided to hire them. BIG MISTAKE! I was told my pick up would be August 30th at 11 am. Then on August 30th at 8 am I was called by Brandon and told it would be later in the day because of a truck issue. Then I was called a little after noon and told that they were in my town delivering another load and it would be later in the afternoon. Then at 4:45 pm, I was called by someone else and told it would be the NEXT day at 8 am.

I had already booked a hotel in the city I was moving to and prepared to drive down on the 31st to move in to my apartment on September 1. I got my family to supervise the load of my stuff so that we could get to FL that day. Again I was told by Brandon on multiple calls that my delivery would still be on the 1st of September. He even said on the 31st when I spoke with him that the driver would see how small my load was and be able to finish quickly and get on the road and then get to FL sometime on Saturday. Then it all changed! The driver explained that he wasn't going to deliver my stuff on the 1st that it would be at least the 2nd of September. So I got an extra night of hotel and an extra night to board my dogs.

Then on September 1 when I followed up with the driver about delivery for September 2 I was told that instead he is being sent in the opposite direction to get another load in VA and it would be at least Tuesday before I got my delivery. I then called Brandon and couldn't reach him. I called Eric and couldn't reach him. No one will return my voicemails. I finally got ahold of Shawn who stated he was going to see how he could help and get someone to assist me and get me my stuff. I never heard anything back - I then finally got ahold of Brandon and he then completely changed his story. When I told him I was told my stuff would be delivered by September 1st and that was the only reason I went with this company over another, he said that in order for me to get my delivery on September 1st I would have had to pay additional money when I reserved the move.

This was NOT told to me by Eric. I was told by Eric that a delivery of September 1st was NOT a problem. Then when I asked Brandon why he kept assuring me it would be there by the 1st, he denied ever saying that. He said this multiple times while on speaker phone for my Dad to hear as well as my 12 year old to hear in the car while we were driving on Friday. I have NEVER in 16 moves including 4 cross country moves have I had a company miss a pickup date and when I was told a delivery date, that was met as well. This company is unprofessional, lies, and what good is a contract if you don't meet the pickup and delivery dates? If you don't care when your items are picked up and delivered then go for it - but for most of us we want to know when our items are going to be picked up and when they are going to be delivered so that we can make the other arrangements that need to be made when moving long distance.

I've asked to speak to someone in charge MULTIPLE times and no one will call me or follow up. Customers mean nothing to this company. I have no idea if I'll even get my stuff on September 4th as I was told today by Brandon they can take up to 14 days to deliver my stuff - 14 days??!!! Are you kidding me? Meanwhile my children and I are sitting in a hotel, when we have an apartment we've paid for and our dogs are sitting in a boarding facility - we are all stressed and this company's marketing states - "Stress free move" - yeah, that's a joke!!! I'll be contacting the BBB regarding this situation and compensation. Buyer Beware or should I say - Mover Beware!

Good afternoon Alecia,

As per our email communications on 9/6/2018, Mover Dudes has acknowledged your unhappiness with your move. Our exceptional team strives to do it's very best, at all times, from sale to delivery. We have expressed our sincerest apologies to you. You and I discussed the fact, that since you initiated a credit card charge back for services rendered, we are unable to assist you at this time. Mover Dudes must wait for your bank charge back to be completely processed, before a claim can begin. There's a claim process that Mover Dudes and our customers must follow accordingly. We are more than happy to work something out with you, as I stated in our email conversation. We are now waiting for the charge back to process.

Kind Regards,

Customer Service Manager

Original review: July 30, 2018

We had never used a moving company to go this far, (Fl to Tx). Mover Dudes made it easy and the team was respectful to our belongings and had a professional attitude. They arrived a couple hours later than planned due to no fault of theirs. Everything was wrapped and intact upon arrival.

Mover Dudes response
Local or long distance, we are here to help Nate! Everyone at Mover Dudes thanks you for the 5 star review! We're hoping you're settled in and enjoying Texas!

Original review: July 30, 2018

The Mover Dudes moved me in June from Bethlehem PA to Greer SC. It was flawless. After 27 yrs in customer service for a commercial airline I've learned that most people write to complain not to compliment. It's for that reason that I am taking the time to advise that Mover Dudes handled both me and my possessions with respect. They were prompt and careful. I have finally finished unpacking, and can now report that everything made it in one piece. Thank you Mover Dudes, I will be sure to recommend you.

Mover Dudes response
Wow! Flawless! It doesn't get better than that! Thank you so very much Debra for the amazing 5 star review! We truly appreciate you taking the time to let us know just how pleased you were with our services!

Customer Service

Original review: July 26, 2018

I hired Mover Dudes for a local move in south Florida. James was my sales agent and we hit it off right from the start. He assured me the guys would be at my house at 8am and they were. David and crew were amazing! They were very smooth the way they wrapped our furniture. I was very pleased with the crew I tipped them 100.00 a piece. Was very pleased with this company. They will be around for a long time with service like that.

Mover Dudes response
We're so happy to hear you were pleased with our crew from contracted sale to delivery! Our team thanks you so much for the 5 star review Lance! We hope to help you again with your future moves!

Customer Service

Original review: July 17, 2018

We moved from Pennsylvania to Florida and used the Mover Dudes and had a great experience. Amazing workers and very polite. 5 star service all the way and would use them again without a doubt! We had several quotes but felt the most confident with them because they didn't rush us and were very detailed.

Mover Dudes response
Thank you Dawn! We truly appreciate your business and the awesome 5 star review!

Customer Service

Original review: July 11, 2018

I got a card in the mail from Mover Dudes when I was moving. I gave them a call. Steve came out and did an in home survey. He was very helpful and made my wife and I feel at ease about the entire process. He reassured us about how good his men were. He sent David to do our move. He was the foreman. He was very good! His men were like soldiers as they went through the house wrapped all of our furniture. We are going to be moving to Ny in a year. I will definitely give them first shot at doing my next move.

Mover Dudes response
We look forward to helping you on your move to NY Gary! Thank you for the 5 star review!

Customer Service

Original review: July 9, 2018

I was nervous about moving in general because I have had a bad experience before. I have lots of antiques and what I consider heirlooms. James one of the supervisors came to my house for an on-site estimate. He was very friendly and very thorough when writing down all of the items I was taking with me. James reassured me how good the company's movers were and that I would have a great experience. James invited me down to the Mover Dudes office so I could see where my belongings were going to be stored. Right before making my decision I took him up on the offer. By the way, none of the other companies offered me to come down and visit.

I went to the warehouse, me, a lot of the staff, the office was not what I expected a moving company's office to look like. It was very clean and organized. I toured the warehouse, met Roy, the warehouse manager. He explained to me how my items were going to be stored. He pointed out the cameras and sprinklers and the air conditioning system in the warehouse. I met the owner Jason. He guaranteed my move. He told me if I don’t have a great experience don’t pay. I was floored. My choice after my visit was clear. The guys showed up to my house on the day of the move with two trucks, everyone was very polite and they took my belongings into storage and I couldn’t have felt better about how everything happened. I have been in storage for 4 months now. They check in with me every month. I expect there will be no issues when my belongings are returned to me. I will keep you posted!

Mover Dudes response
We love extending the opportunity for our clients to view our offices and our storage facility. On site estimates are offered as well. Anything to set our clients minds at ease, we're here to help! Thank you Dr. Cutler for the awesome review!

Original review: June 22, 2018

I own a chain of tanning salons and I needed to move some equipment from one state to another. Called and spoke to Eric and he assisted me with my move. Guys that showed up were very professional. Driver and his guy were in uniform, explained everything to me and quickly got my equipment on to the truck. 3 days later they showed up just like they said they would and dropped everything off to me. They gave me a great service and have no problem recommending these guys.

Original review: June 22, 2018

My family and I were in need of a dependable moving company for our recent move to Syracuse, NY. After much research to find the right people for the job, we settled on Mover Dudes. From start to finish, what could have been a very stressful experience was actually a breeze! We have done many moves and this has been our favorite company to work with by far. My husband and I were so impressed with the way our move was handled. The staff was very helpful, easy to work with and all our questions were answered quickly and professionally. Our movers were on time, polite, and paid great attention to detail. I would recommend Mover Dudes to anyone looking to make their next move a successful one!

Mover Dudes response
Wow! Thank you so much for wonderful 5 star review Karen! We're thrilled to hear how easy our team made the moving process for you and your family! We appreciate your business. Enjoy NY!

Melissa

Original review: June 21, 2018

Heard about the Moving Dudes from a friend, called them up and Steve talked me through the move, had fair pricing. Move went well, guys showed up on time and let me know when they were close. Got everything done in a timely manner. Overall a good experience. Would use again.

Mover Dudes response
We love customer referrals! Thank you for choosing Moving Dudes Kelsay! We appreciate your business and the 5 star review!

Original review: June 20, 2018

Mover Dudes helped me have an easy moving experience from the phone call until the drop off. Everyone was very respectful and cared about what I needed. Benny called to let me know when they were close, wrapped and padded all of my goods. Handled everything with respect and helped me get situated in my new home. These guys are hands down better than other moving companies I’ve used in the past. Would recommend to a friend.

Mover Dudes response
Thanks Anthony! Moving can be very stressful. We're happy to hear that our crew was able to provide a smooth transition into your new home. Congrats and we thank you for the wonderful review!

Original review: June 20, 2018

Mover Dudes were just what I needed when I had to move quickly from Florida to New York. They made a stressful process a total breeze and we are now happily settled into our new home. From the customer service team to the movers, everyone was friendly and reliable. I sure hope I never have to move again, but if I do they will be my first call.

Mover Dudes response
We're here to help! Thank you for the awesome review Megan! We look for to working with you next time!

Customer Service

Original review: June 19, 2018

Honestly I’ve always been stubborn and moved myself with huge headaches thinking I was saving some money. Until I spoke with Steve at Mover Dudes and he explained the process. I laugh now thinking how hard headed I was. I even fought Steve on letting them move me. Well I stand humbled. Every step of my move was planned for me, and the actual movers were a new level of efficiency. I could have never wrapped my stuff and loaded on a truck as quickly and surgically as these guys. My belongings showed up only a day later and the same guys set up my house just the way it was. I feel like a fool now for Ever Moving myself. I actually think I spent more money moving myself than having these guys move me. Many thanks for opening my eyes. Smarter not harder from now on.

Mover Dudes response
Mover Dudes thanks you for allowing Steve the opportunity to explain how we can make the moving experience a pleasure! No more moving yourself...Thank you Tyler! We truly appreciate your 5 star review!

Customer Service

Original review: June 18, 2018

Moving Dudes moved me from Denver to Florida a few months back. They did a great job very standup company. Their estimate never wavered. It stayed the same throughout the move. My items arrived in the same condition. Courtney was my mover who was from Tennessee and was super polite! I would definitely hire these guys again.

Mover Dudes response
Thank you for taking the time to share your Mover Dudes experience Ronny...we love our clients!
Kind regards'

Original review: June 17, 2018

Best of the best when it comes to movers!!! They wrapped everything to perfection and were on time and professional. I wasn't prepared like I thought I would be and was totally overwhelmed on the day of pickup. When the Moving Dudes crew arrived they had extra materials and helped me finish then loaded and delivered a few days later. I have moved before and have a 5 bedroom home so it is a lot of preparation. I think what impressed me most was how they were not pushy and made sure I had all the information necessary to make the right decision. This company is 5 star and I highly recommend them.

Mover Dudes response
Thank you so much for the amazing review Patricia!
Everyone here at Mover Dudes appreciates you taking the time to let us know how pleased you are with our crew.

Original review: June 17, 2018

As a stock research analyst, I'm trained to plug into the details and characteristics of well run companies. Hence, I had a great experience and very seamless move. I also couldn’t help but notice the professional and courteous manner of the entire process. And best looking truck I’ve ever seen! Good luck guys and thank you again.

Mover Dudes response
We're thrilled to hear from another satisfied Mover dudes client!
Thank you Cliff for the kind words and best wishes!

Original review: June 17, 2018

I hired Moving Dudes to move me from Vidalia Georgia to Boca Raton Fl. The experience was great. A mover named Bennie and crew showed up. Because I'm in a rural area and I lived off of a dirt road they sent a smaller truck to pick me up at my request. From the second they got there they started working. They wrapped all my furniture up and packed my dishes. They were very efficient. I bought them some lunch because they were working so hard. I asked Bennie when I would be delivered to Boca and surprisingly he told me tomorrow morning. He told me 8 am. To my surprise they were there waiting outside my house at 8 am. They unloaded everything and there was not one scratch or one broken dish. I called the office and told them how happy I was with my move. It was a great experience from start to stop. Recommend Highly!

Mover Dudes response
You're awesome Tamara! We truly appreciate the stellar review!

Moving Dudes expert review by ConsumerAffairs

This full-service moving company offers long distance and local moving services in 17 states: Massachusetts, New York, Connecticut, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Ohio, Virginia, West Virginia, Kentucky, Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Texas and Florida. In addition to traditional moving services, they also offer specialty services such as storage and special care moves.

• Military moves: Mover Dudes has civilian and military movers who understand the intricacies of military moves. They can ensure a smooth process.

• Storage services: After you move in, Mover Dudes can take any excess items to a climate-controlled storage facility until you decide you need them. They offer temporary and indefinite storage space.

• Packing and unpacking services: Make your move even easier with Mover Dudes’ packing and unpacking services.

• Flexible and affordable rates: Speak with a moving specialist to make sure you’re getting the services you need at an affordable price.

• Heavy equipment moves: Mover Dudes can move special care items, such as gun safes, loaded file cabinets and heavy equipment.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs