Ship Your Car

Great Service. Transparent Pricing. Clean Car Guarantee.

Get a Free Quote
Mover Dudes
2.91/5

Compare Movers

Mover Dudes

Mover Dudes is a premium moving and storage business, based out of Deerfield Beach, Florida. Our expert team services long-distance and nationwide moves. Our services are customized based on your individual needs. We can pack, unpack, store and crate, all your household items. Whether it's a military move, a residential move, or special care and oversized moves, Mover Dudes strives to provide a hassle-free experience, at an affordable price! Our goal is to get you moved safely, securely and on time!

Ship Your Car

Great Service. Transparent Pricing. Clean Car Guarantee.

Get a Free Quote

57 Mover Dudes Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 7, 2019

Do not do business with them. Especially Jason, he is especially vile and disgusting. The owner doesn't care what they do or how they treat people or the obscene words they use, as long as they rob you blind.

Original review: March 5, 2019

I had a wonderful "interview" with Shawn. He called frequently and responded to all my questions. However, once he received my initial payment, no calls were ever returned. I was advised by Shawn that there is a 2-day leeway for pickup of items. I was not provided that service but was given 2 1/2 hours notice. When the company was called, Natalia, indicated that they could come another day - 2 weeks away. Not good as I needed to be out of my house by that weekend. So stated she would provide me we a $50 refund for my inconvenience. Not received as yet!

Then they had to put my items in storage. They took inventory of my items by using a pencil on cardboard paper. No initial paperwork was provided to me so I took pics of what went into the truck. The moving guys broke my brand new end table. I have pictures of this damage but was informed by Natalia, that it looks brand new. So now I am called a liar... Interesting. They were late by a few days in bringing my items to my new home. Told by Natalia that due to this inconvenience, I would be given a $50 refund. Once again, not received as yet! Then many of my items were not on the truck... Once again I was called a liar yet I am out of my items...

I paid extra for my mirrors and TV's to be wrapped carefully so they would not break. The movers had no boxes to wrap them in. They were going to just use cardboard. However they did state they would be willing to go to Home Depot to obtain TV boxes... I provided the foam and boxes as well as packing tape as they ran out of them! I pay extra yet I am the one supplying the inventory to wrap my TV's and mirrors.

It has now been 4 months and I am still trying to obtain what is my right to receive. Natalia calls me a liar when I have proof and witnesses to verify my claims. Shawn is nowhere to be heard from and does not respond to any email, texts or calls. STAY AWAY from this moving company. They are all honey and sugar when interviewing but fall back on their promises. Damages occur and they do not want to refund what you are entitled to. It was a stressful situation and continues to be one. The BB will be hearing from me regarding the Moving Dudes company.

Get expert buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Want to claim this page for your business? Learn More
    Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

I made my first cross country move from Des Moines, LA to Denver, Colorado. At first Shawn ** at Mover Dudes was super helpful and attentive, promised he would be the project manager and help me every step of the way. I did a binding estimate because I am on a tight budget and could not afford to go over budget in this move. Therefore, my move would cost $5500 and could potentially even get some back if it was underweight. The day of the move (Christmas Eve) and the driver shows up to get my stuff and informs me that it will be $2500 additional for my stuff to be moved. Shawn was nowhere to be found even though I had been clear with him and been communicating with him, never once did he tell me that an exact count of boxes would be required. I kept him informed when we sold the riding lawn mower, etc and he never EVER advised about box count or anything.

Due to the holidays and my house closing on 12/28 I had no choice and no time to find someone else. Shawn still has NOT answered my phone calls except for when I called from other area codes - then he answered to sell that poor soul a moving package full of lies. Shawn even informed me that they are scared of the owner and like their bonuses so he would ensure that everything went well. So the move goes on - all of my furniture was supposed to be wrapped and protected. The driver was not informed and was going to charge me an additional $38 per piece of furniture that he had to wrap. I didn't have the money, I barely came up with the $2500 and couldn't afford it. As it turns out, when I filed my complaint with the BBB they did admit that my furniture was supposed to be wrapped.

Now everything that I own is dented, scratched or just broken and I am out an additional $2500 over the $5500 that I agreed to pay. Find someone else - if it feels too good to be true and too salesy then listen to your gut. Do NOT go with Mover Dudes unless you want lots of headaches, lies and have more money than you know what to do with. Absolutely, the ONLY reason this company even got 1 star from me is because I had to pick one to move on. They don't deserve even a partial star.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

I made a cross country move from VA to CA in December. At first the company sales rep was very attentive and would respond me at any time of day. When the scheduled date came, they kept moving it due to the truck being stuck in bad weather. I was flexible and I understood. The day of the move was good, they were quick, granted I only had a 1brm apt. It is now two months and I have not received my items. I have called and I get voicemails or people give me the round about. They say my things are in storage and there are no trucks coming out to CA. I also just get answering machines. I’m not sure what I can do to get my things. I was patient the first month but now it’s been too long. They say they have 21 business days to deliver but obviously this isn’t the case, and no one seems to return my call. But when I was making the initial payment they sure would answer me. I am still waiting for a response and who knows where my belonging are.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

Updated on 1/10/2019: This company told me to send an email back that I wasn't going to use them for my move. I did so and they're saying they never got it but I have proof and they refusing to reimburse my credit card. I've never had so much trouble with a company - I should say a reputable company - in my life. They say they're reputable. I say BS.

Original review: This company charge me one third of the total price on my credit card and refuses to give me and reimbursement for that. And I did everything they asked me to do - email, talk to various people and they won't refund my credit card. This company are total rip offs.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Moving Dudes?

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

I would never use this company again. I am not sure if they contract out movers or if they are their employers but the guy was absolutely horrible. The mover showed up 7 pm wanting to starting packing up after being delayed almost 2 days by weather which was no fault of his own obviously. By midnight I had to ask the guy to leave so the other people in the house who were not moving could get some sleep. He told me he would be back at 7am sharp, he showed up about 830. Annoying but not a huge issue. The issues I had with him was his horrible and rude attitude he had the entire time, he refused to have guys help him so this loading took 11 and half hours.

During this time he put a hole in my wall, flooded the laundry room, ran my tv into 3 walls, broke a frame off the wall, dropped multiple items, slammed doors so hard it messed up the framing of the door. Then comes delivery day a week later. Once again the rude arrogant attitude was present. Thank goodness somehow most other things in the truck made it one piece although I am not sure how considering at one point I saw him DRAGGING my tv up the driveway. All in all it was a horrible experience and with one of the rudest people I have ever met. I have never anyone I paying yell at and treat me the way this man did. I will never use this company again.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

Was quoted one price for a good review but instead got charged $600 MORE and they didn’t even complete the job!! I had to make 6 EXTRA trips to pick up all of the stuff they left behind because they were ‘done’. I moved 2 years ago and the company I used then was able to do it in one trip and this company took 2 trips (same size truck and same amount of stuff) and they DIDN’T EVEN COMPLETE THE JOB! Absolute rip off!!!

Michelle,
    You were quoted for 1000 cubes. Our moving team arrived to your home and there was twice that, in inventory. The truck we sent out for your "1000" cubes wasn't large enough. We had to make multiple trips. You also needed additional packing. Your cost went up. When a moving crew arrives to a customers home and there's an increase to inventory, there's going to be an increase to the cost of the move.
    Enjoy the holidays in your new home!

Customer Service

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

They canceled my cross country move, which I scheduled and paid a deposit for over a month ago, literally the day they were supposed to arrive "due to a scheduling conflict on our end" without any warning or attempting to reschedule. (They asked "how flexible are you on dates?" But couldn't give me an answer on when they might actually show up.) The house is packed and I have a new job to report to in less than a week. We ended up rallying friends and renting a U-Haul to make it work. These guys are a freaking joke. I'll be filing a complaint with the BBB and considering legal action for massive breach of contract. Do not trust these guys.

Kathryn,
    Moving is a process that includes many variables. Some of these variables are completely out of Mover Dudes control. For example, a truck has broken down, a truck has been in an accident, a driver is ill or has been injured, bad weather, or traffic congestion on the roads. We asked you if there was flexibility, with your "pick up window". We contacted all of our agents. We did everything within our power to work it out. If both parties is unable to make it work, both parties has the right to cancel. It is never any moving companies desire to lose a job, or displease a shipper, under any circumstances. We certainly tried our very best to make it work, for both of us. Best wishes with the new job and Happy Holidays!

Customer Service

Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

I had to relocate and having no experience in moving, I saw Mover Dudes online and chose them. However, my experience with them was not good and I did not like it. When the guys went out, they did not have the tools to do anything. They asked me to go to Home Depot to buy some tools so that they could dismount the stuff. They were not prepared for it. Then, they broke my lamp and I still have not received compensation for that.

Barbara,
    Your move was back in May, moving from Coral Gables to Miami, for $853.52. There are times when a particular tool is needed, that a crew may not have on hand. It's not unusual for a crew member to go to Home Depot to purchase tools or packing, needed for a job. I do not see that a claim was filed, for a broken lamp. Please go to movinglcaims.net to start the claims process online. You'll need to provide photos. They'll be able to evaluate your claim and provide a settlement, at .60 per article, per pound, for your lamp. Happy Holidays!

Customer Service

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

We had to go 20 miles and I found Mover Dudes online. I told the rep where I was going and he set up the details. He kept in touch and advised us with what was going on. He was great, but the crew broke a lot of stuff, including an antique table, all my dishes as well as my wall unit. They weren’t as great as I thought they were supposed to be. Don’t use them. They’re not careful with your stuff at all. They don’t care.

Linda,
    Mover Dudes cares about every client and every move. Our highly skilled movers use the very best care, when handling your household goods. Anytime a client has damages during a move, we direct them to our claims company. Your move, out of a storage unit, back in May, totaled $709.50. I don't see anywhere in the notes that our crew broke "all of your dishes, a wall unit and a lot of stuff". You can contact movingclaims.net and start the damage claims process online. You'll need to provide them with pictures of your damages. Your coverage was the release value of .60 per article, per pound. They will evaluate your photos and provide you with a settlement, accordingly. Happy Holidays!

Customer Service

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

When we got Mover Dudes’ service six months ago, I spoke with the moving coordinator a couple of times. And from what I told him, he estimated that the move should take a truck and two guys. During the move, the crew was very helpful and very attentive. They were both trying to do their best and they stayed for very long hours because they should have had a bit more help. Everything worked out okay though and they were able to do what they said and did everything that they could do. And because they had to stay for long hours, the move ended up being way more expensive than I anticipated.

The coordinator could have recommended the option to have more manpower and presented me with alternatives and options which I would not mind. It would not have been a problem to pay a bit more and have more people because it turned out to be a very difficult move with just two guys. So, if I paid a little more for three or four guys instead of two, then it would have taken a little less time and saved me some money and effort. Mover Dudes seemed to underestimate the move just to attract me with a good price and then at the end, it did not end up being either a good price nor a good experience just because if it had been handled by more people, it would’ve been easier and more comfortable for everyone.

Luis,
    Your move was scheduled with 2 men, 4 hours at $516, in May, from Miami to Kendall. Mover Dudes does it's very best, to formulate an accurate moving estimate, based on the information provided by the client. The estimate also includes the amount of labor needed. Based on your review, it appears that you were happy with our moving crew, you just weren't happy with the time it took and the cost. We are sorry to hear that you felt we intentionally provided you with a lower price, to "attract you". That is not the case. It's never our intention to miscalculate an estimate and leave a customer feeling that they "over paid". We hope you're enjoying your new location. Happy Holidays!

Customer Service

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

I was looking online for a moving company and Mover Dudes seemed to be very knowledgeable about what they were doing, they were available on the time frame we wanted and they offered me a good price. The bottom-line, however, is that this move did not go well. The crew took my stuff into the warehouse and they unloaded and reloaded the truck. There was a bunch of stuff missing when the truck arrived but Mover Dudes did not do any inventory, so I can't even tell what is missing. I haven’t had the time to open every single box that arrived, but as I opened boxes, there were more and more things that were not there.There are some big things that are missing because they’re big enough that I couldn’t have missed them. There are small things that are missing too.

I’ve moved 29 times in my life and I have never had this kind of a problem. I always had an inventory list and there was a tag on every box and on every piece of furniture. They were all numbered and I signed for it. Then when they came at the other end, they made sure all those tag numbers arrived. Yet, no such thing happened here with Mover Dudes. When I reached out to them, they sent me a small amount of money because there was a large lampshade that was missing. But there were also things that didn’t get delivered, such as some brackets for the TV. I thought that maybe after I open all the boxes, everything will show up. But I’m almost done now and there are valuable things that are definitely not here. Some of the things that are gone are irreplaceable.

The people that worked on the job were very good. They worked very hard and they did a good job. They showed me that the truck was empty when it came here and that it was full when it left my house. I have to assume that they must have unloaded the whole truck and forgotten to reload everything. But Mover Dudes said it was never unloaded, which is impossible. Calling and complaining to a company that’s willing to lie to me, where is that gonna get me? They’re just gonna keep lying. The guy that I contacted originally to sign up the job gave me the impression in the end that he was getting ready to leave the company. He was frustrated with the way they had treated me. Mover Dudes said they were done and that I signed my stuff off, so I don’t know what to do now. I've had such a hard time dealing with them.

Gordon,

We have 3 contracts with you. You're a repeat client, F6953563 $1154.50, F6956860 $300, F6956861 $1305. Your contracts were in April and May.

I have spoken with "the guy that I (you) contacted originally to sign up the job gave me the impression in the end that he was getting ready to leave the company", his name is Eric. He's still here, at Mover Dudes. Last you two spoke, he said you mentioned a TV bracket missing. He was not aware of the additional issues you've mentioned in your review, nor did he know you were unhappy.

Mover Dudes does do an inventory, of all customer items, for every move. We also use the tags/stickers. They're placed on each item & box.

When a "shipper" books a move with a "carrier", the shipper signs a moving contract, at pick up. By signing the moving contract, the shipper is acknowledging, that the carrier has picked up and loaded all of their household goods, onto the truck. They're also agreeing to the cost. Then, at delivery, the shipper signs the moving contract, for the last time. When the shipper signs the moving contract at delivery, they're agreeing and acknowledging, that the carrier has delivered, all of the shippers household goods. After this final transaction, if by any chance an item is damaged or missing, the shipper has 90 days to file a claim, for compensation. The compensation is based entirely on the shippers insurance. If the shipper chose the "full valuation" coverage, the shipper gets the replacement value, of the lost/damaged item. If the shipper chose the "release value", the shipper receives .60 per article, per pound, in compensation.

In reference to you stating that "you're almost done now and there are valuable things that are definitely not here, some of the things that are gone are irreplaceable", I'm assuming that you're just now completing the unpacking your move, from May? If this is the case, unfortunately, you're out of your 90 day window, to file a claim BUT Mover Dudes would be more than happy to address them. Happy Holidays!

Customer Service

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

We were moving a few things from one household in Massachusetts to another one in Florida. I did a search on the internet and found Mover Dudes online. Their price was fair. Also, they were very responsive and had a quick turnaround on returning emails. The moving coordinator who assisted us was nice and our experience with the moving consultant who helped us plan the details of our move was fine. During our move, the moving crew was efficient and fast. We packed everything and the move turned out well.

Hello Sue,
    Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Our Mover Dudes sales representatives work very hard, to provide the best possible price, for each of our clients. Whether you're doing the packing or we are, our movers work very hard to ensure a fast and efficient move. We truly appreciate the 5 stars! Thank you and Happy Holidays!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

I initially called on 11-12-18 to get a quote for a cross country move and spoke with Joseph. At first I felt comfortable using the Mover Dudes but due to delays at future employer I did not want to put a deposit down. I called a few days later to move forward and to put down a deposit. Joseph notified me that due to the short notice the deposit requirement had increased from $100 to $834 and the move cost increased from $2,780 to $3,730. After some back and forth with Joseph and him talking with his supervisor the quote was lowered to $3,455. Then the pressure sales tactics kicked in. Joseph told me that he could not lower the move cost any lower and if he did then I would end up getting a "** move" along with other unprofessional comments.

Needless to say I did not appreciate the comments or the pressure tactics. Joseph once again put me on hold to talk to his supervisor. Steve, owner of Mover Dudes, got on the phone and continued the high pressure sales tactics. I told him about the "** move" comment and all he did was laugh. At this point I had enough of their horrible customer service. They would not stop the pressure tactics even though I said "I've got to go" several times! I ended up having to hang up on them in order to get them to stop. The pressure tactics and inappropriate comments are not OK! It's bad enough when a salesperson says something inappropriate but when the owner laughs about it that's a different story. I wonder what else the owner lets his employees get away with? I would never use nor recommend Mover Dudes!

Chuck & Marla,
    This is a first. We've never been "reviewed" based on a sales call, quoting a moving estimate. I've reviewed the phone call notes. We document every call made. Our sales rep Joseph took the time to quote you a price for your move. He worked with both the manager and the owner, to get you the best possible price. He did a fantastic job. Anytime a customer books a last minute move, this will affect the price. Not only was your move last minute but you added additional inventory, to what was previously quoted. You wanted a lower price and we could not go lower, than the final price we offered you. Mover Dudes provides all prospective clients, a complete and thorough moving estimate, at the best possible price, so they're able to make an informed decision. We hope your move with the other company goes splendidly! Best wishes and Happy Holidays!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

I needed help with a personal move of about five miles and everyone from the company, Mover Dudes, was really helpful and reliable.

Hi Kelly!
    Thank you for the 5 stars! Whether is a short distance or a long distance, we are here to help! Our team thanks you for your business!
    Happy Holidays!

Customer service

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

I was moving from a house to a condo and Mover Dudes sent me a flyer through the mail when I put my house up for sale. I went for their service and when they came the first day, they took all the furniture and put it in their truck. However, when they pulled out of my driveway, they tore the bumper off of my car. They came in and told me what happened. I called the police and told the police to come down. Mover Dudes told me to not do it and that they would take care of everything. They also told me to not get involved with insurance. So, when the police came down, I told them that I wouldn’t file a report. Thereafter, Mover Dudes rented a car for us and put our car in the Broward Collision for repairs. When Broward Collision finished the repairs, they told me I had to pay them directly. Mover Dudes sent me a check to pay to Broward Collision but they wouldn’t take a check from Mover Dudes. I had to pay Broward Collision out of my own pocket.

I then brought the check back to Mover Dudes and they made a check out to me for the same amount. At that point, I deposited the check and it bounced because the signature hit one of the decimals on the bottom of the check and the bank couldn’t read the account number and they charged 20 bucks to my account. So, I called Mover Dudes and said that the check was no good and I sent it back to them. They told me that they were sending another check but that check never came and that was since May. I called Mover Dudes a number of times and they told me the check was in the mail. I filed a claim with my AllState insurance and now their lawyers are going after them. Mover Dudes is horrible.

Joe,
    Unfortunately, accidents do happen. We did our very best to get the damages handled, as soon as possible. The vehicle was repaired. Mover Dudes handled the expense. We're terribly sorry for the inconvenience this caused you.
    Happy Holidays!

Customer Service

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

Mover Dudes is a good company and I had a good experience with them. The interaction I had with the moving coordinator on the phone was very nice. The moving consultant didn’t really talk much, but he came in and did his job. The moving crew they sent was also good.

Hi Melissa!
    Thank you so very much for taking the time to review Mover Dudes! We truly appreciate your business and the 5 stars! Thank you and Happy Holidays!

Customer Service

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

The guy I talked to on the phone from Mover Dudes was really nice and straightforward about everything. He gave me a quote and I went with them. However, we had a couple of issues on the day of the move-out 'cause the move took a lot longer than I was quoted for. So, we ended up having to pay more. Also, the day of the move-in, we had an issue with one of the guys that was working. The problem was more about his attitude and I thought he was having a bad day. Still, the other guys on the team were great and when I talked to Mover Dudes' team and explained the situation, they were super nice and took care of it. I recommend this company.

Ilya,
    We do our very best to be sure all of our estimates are properly calculated. When it comes to moving, sometimes a truck can be late arriving or packing and loading can take longer than we anticipated. Also, there may be more inventory than originally thought, the day of arrival. We do appreciate you taking the time to review Mover Dudes! We're are sorry to hear we had a crew member who wasn't having a very good day. They shouldn't be taking there bad day out on any of our valued clients. We truly appreciate your business Ilya! Thank you again and Happy Holidays!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

Mover Dudes moved my family and I from Delray Beach Fl to Brentwood Tennessee. We had a large home so they sent 12 guys for 3 days in a row. They were quick and efficient. They loaded two tractor trailers full of our belongings. They were very polite. Courtney and Canndy were the foreman for the crews and they were very helpful. 5 stars.

Mover Dudes response
    That's great news Daniel!
    With such a large team and tons to move, we're thrilled to hear we didn't disappoint! Our guys work very hard, on the job site, to provide excellent service. From packing, to loading, to hauling, to unloading, they work tirelessly for our clients. Every 5 star review makes everyone so very happy! We appreciate you taking the time to let us know what a great job we did!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

Want to thank these guys for doing a great Job. We moved from Delray to Delray and the move went off without a hitch. I was recommended to these guys by my neighbor and they were right. Thank you. Thank you for making everything go so smooth.

Jason,
    Whether it's a local move or a long distance move, we aim to please! We're grateful your neighbor recommended Mover Dudes! We owe them a huge thank you too! Thank you so very much for the 5 stars! It's customers like you that make our day! We truly appreciate your business Jason!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

First I would like to thank the entire staff at Mover Dudes. From the salesperson Eric to the dispatcher for always keeping informed on move. The movers showed up on time on the day of the move. From the moment they got there to the end of the move they never stopped once. George the foreman was extra helpful and kept assuring me that they were going to get everything done that day. They did! They took extra special care of my belongings and gave me great customer service. I would recommend these guys to everyone.

Hi there John,
    Our team thanks you so very much for the 5 star review! Moving is a very stressful process. Our guys and gals do their very best to make moving as smooth as possible. It's wonderful to hear just how much their efforts are appreciated! You know how to find us, for next time! Thanks again John!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

As a senior citizen, who moved across state lines, I have to say that I thought I had done my due diligence in researching and reviews. Apparently, I was incorrect. When I hired this company, Mover Dudes, I was assured I was dealing directly with them and not being brokered out. I was assured I would be insured and bonded, which turns out I never was. Did not know this at the time. We went over the entire house of items room by room and agreed upon the first $5300 amount, I called Monday the 24th to confirm the dates for upcoming weekend and to add some additional items to the inventory. This increased the moving total $6500 with the additional items.

Our moving date window was for Sept. 28-30. They did not show up. We called throughout the weekend and again on Monday the 1st to see where they were. We were told, "Oh sorry, they got stalled. We will let you know when the new time is." Finally, at 8:45 Tuesday night, the movers show up at the old house. My husband was there in Florida at the old house, the movers then went in to look around. They did go ahead and load boxes, then said they would be back first thing in the morning. First thing was 11:30 the next day.

At this time the movers (who ended up NOT being from Mover Dudes, but brokered out to Royal Logistics, LLC) called their boss Natalia, who informed us we would now have to pay an additional $1500 for items not on the inventory list. (I agree that I did not review the list as carefully as I should have and that items were missed, so this is partly my fault.) Now we are at $8,000 for the moving expenses. Natalia and the movers explained that this often happens with brokers and will unfortunately cause problems for the movers and for the individuals moving. My question to her was whether I needed to deal directly with her instead of the 'brokers' Mover Dudes. She said, "Oh no, it will be fine," I asked if she was sure.

My Husband did sign off on a few listed scratches, however everything else was sent in above average or nearly new condition. Now mind you, this list was handed to him after the truck was loaded, and not ALL of the furniture was listed as damaged. So finally, Friday October 5th at 12:45 pm they show up in Tennessee. So keep in mind, I was alone up here in the country, with the nearest neighbor being a half mile away. The guys arrived, had me sign paperwork, accepting delivery. They informed me that they could not unload until their boss Natalia called.

When she called, she said not to worry, they would not be charging any more money, but they had not been paid yet. I again asked if I needed to pay them directly That perhaps we would not have had all this confusion if I had dealt with them directly. She again assured me we were fine. Meanwhile the moving guys were sitting on my porch smoking. The guys finally started unloading at 1:17 pm for the garage items. Then they moved the truck to the front of the house (making huge holes and ruts as they moved the truck back and forth in the yard) at approximately 2:30 pm at which time they took another break to smoke.

Natalia then called me back to ask me if I would give them a good review and how the guys were doing. Well, yes, I lied, and said they were doing great, the company was great, wished I had dealt with them directly. (What else was I supposed to do with the guys standing there listening to me, alone with them in the country and they had possession of all my belongings). I was later informed by Mover Dudes this call was recorded and because I said this to Natalia, my claim for damages would not be approved. NO ONE SAID I WAS BEING RECORDED.

These guys took a break about every 30 minutes on average. During which time, I started to grab some of the lighter boxed items from the truck and the porch, picked up their garbage, etc. When I attempted to document the damages on the inventory sheets, I was told I was not allowed to do so and would have 30 days to report damages. At this time I also thought the I was given the insurance like I asked. Finally, at 8:30 pm the truck was finally unloaded. At this point they were ready to put stuff back together. I did request that they just focus on the master bedroom and we would out the rest together ourselves. I mean seriously? I did not want them here until midnight.

This is the email I sent to Mover Dudes: "Who do address damages with? The movers damaged or completely ruined every single piece of furniture we own. The sofa, ottoman and overstuffed chair including ALL of the pillows were not covered and are now covered in grease and grime, the set is not even a year old. The dining room table, they busted the bolts clear out of the table struts and the table is no longer usable. Then top of the dining room table is all scraped and scratched. The entertainment center has damage all the way around the bottom and top, the brackets for the shelves are gone. The headboard to the bed in the master bedroom, has a big gouge in it, as well as scrapes all the way around each piece.

Instead of keeping the toolbox straight up on its wheels, they laid it on its side, and yes, damages. The dresser has scrapes all around it. This is just an overall list. But I have to say how unhappy I am with the entire matter. This ended up costing us 8k. And will now cost us another 5k for repairs and replacements. In addition, we signed a contract for a 3 day window, That window was for Friday the 28th to Sunday the 30th. They showed up Tuesday night the 2nd, at 9 pm then did not show up again until 11:30 the next day Wednesday the 3rd. They took until that night to finish loading. They did not show up to the new house until Friday the 5th at 12:45!!! At which point they then took until 8:47 pm at which point, I sent them on their way. I was here alone, had not eaten all day, helped unload that truck as they kept taking smoke breaks and did not want to be messing with them at 11 pm.

BTW, according to their boss, they were not given the job until Monday the 1st... How do we plan to address this situation? We are in a really bad spot. I get it. But there has got to be some recourse here. I did receive a call from Mover Dudes, she was very angry, defensive and would not let me talk, kept yelling at me telling me I had to listen to her. I was told they would not honor any claims, that the movers took pictures of all items before loading (my husband did not witness that at all, and he had to help them on that end as well).

She also informed me that my "orange sofa” was horribly stained and damaged already, as she was looking at the pictures of it. I kept trying to interrupt her to explain that I do not own a orange sofa. My sofa and chair are light gray. She only kept talking over me saying that did not matter, I signed off. Period. No discussion. She also informed me I was recorded speaking to Natalia (again not with my permission). When I tried to explain that I was here alone with them, she said that was no excuse, that if I could not tell the truth then, I have no recourse. I am sure they have a full recording of the conversation, again not with my permission, but the upshot is I am out of luck. They will not honor any claims.

In addition, they marked off every single piece of furniture as having some sort of damage, (AFTER my husband signed off as he only signed off on some items with scratches). My point here, there are 3 pieces of furniture they marked as damaged that have NOT one mark on them. Just goes to show… I just want this on record, these 2 companies, Mover Dudes and Royal Logistics, LLC, are a major rip-off and will take advantage of your naivete about these things. Unfortunately, 8k later I have learned a very hard lesson. As they say, Buyer Beware, As I should have stayed with the quote from well known ALLIED for 12k. and still would have come out ahead I am sure after we repair and or replace the broken and destroyed items."

Dena,
    Mover Dudes is a carrier, not a broker. We utilize "agents" throughout the country. There's a section in the Bill of Lading that defines an "agent". Not sure why Natalia would say we're brokers, as this is a false statement. Pick up's and deliveries can be delayed, for a number of reasons. In your file, it notes that there were items added to your inventory, at the time of pick up. You also state this in your review. An increase to the cost of your move shouldn't be an issue. If a mover arrives and a shipper wants to add more to whats being moved, the price will increase accordingly. You can most defiantly file a claim for damages. What was stated was that the claim could be rejected due to you and your husband signing off on all of the paperwork. A claims process starts with you filing online at movingclaims.net. Then there's a review process. This includes all of the pictures and paperwork associated with your move. If a settlement is approved, you'll receive a settlement letter. Once a settlement letter is signed off on by the shipper, we receive the letter. Then we send a settlement check directly to the shipper. I advise that you start the claims process.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

I had a horrible experience with Mover Dudes. I literally almost had a stroke. My daughter was moving from Miami and she had packed up her stuff. We had told them that she was flying out that day and we were supposed to be at the very first stop in Miami. So, it’s supposed to be 8 o’clock, first thing. 10 o’clock rolled around and they still weren’t there. I kept calling the woman who gave me the quote and who I was dealing with and she was not picking up. She was either letting it ring or sending it straight to voicemail. We left her several messages. I was pleading with her because my daughter had to get on the flight and I said, "If you can just please pick up or call me back and let me know when they’re coming." And she never did.

So, my daughter left because she had to get on the flight. And then, the actual movers called me at 12 o’clock and said, “We’re here.” I said, “Well, my daughter left. I don’t know what to tell you,” and the mover ended up putting me in charge with the owner of the company. And then we worked things out, but it was the most stressful morning of my life thus far because she wasn’t picking up her phone. I don’t know if she still works there. There was never any explanation. But all I was asking for was for somebody to pick up the phone and tell me either what was going on or if there was a time change, and that didn’t happen. So finally, we set up a time. They left a bunch of stuff there. Since my daughter was in Connecticut at that point, they ended up going to the management office to get the key, load up things and then bring the key back. They left several things inside the apartment.

The woman I dealt with gave me a quote for 20 boxes and I said, “If there’s less than 20 boxes, will I get a credit?” She said, “Absolutely.” There ended up being six boxes and when I called to get the credit, the owner said that that was the minimum and that I wasn’t getting any money back. I was never told me there was a minimum so it ended up costing me more than they said it was going to. Not only did they leave stuff in the apartment,but it ended up costing me more than it should have. It was the most horrific experience. I obviously won’t use them again.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

I got a flyer from Mover Dudes and I used them for a personal move from Homestead to North Miami Beach. They were late and I waited for them for a couple of hours. On of the reps had a nice attitude but the other one was upset. It may be because of working late or he was tired but you don’t appreciate that. If you are paying a lot of money for your movers, you expect good service. The guy I worked with was nice but next time, they should not be so much in a hurry after you have been waiting also for them.

Carmen,
    I reviewed your move, from back in May, totaling $740. Looks like we moved some items into storage for you.There are some things out of Mover Dudes control, for example, another move that was ahead of yours, could have taken more time than estimated or an accident can occur on the roads, causing a jam. Our guys do have a very labor intensive job, working very long hours lifting and loading. We are so very sorry for being late and for the less than sunny disposition of one of our crew members. Happy Holidays!

Customer Service

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

I got a pamphlet in the mail from Mover Dudes. I was moving the next street over and so, I got a quote. We went through every room and he based the quote off what I got in every room. I was quoted for two hours especially since it was down the street. He said that he would send only two people over. It should take an extra amount of time because we weren’t having a racing move just to have the upstairs furniture. The movers came and they said it was gonna be a six-hour job unless they send a third person. It was only gonna be $10 more an hour for that third person as opposed to not sending a third person and adding on hours at 100 plus dollars. The whole process was an hour before they actually started moving to where I was contacting the guy and told them that I would prefer a third person. At the end, it was a very horrible experience.

The movers ended up scratching a lot of my furniture and the truck leaked coolant into the driveway that we could not remove. They sent a pressure cleaning company to try and remove it but they could not remove it either. So, we have just moved into a brand new house that now had oil staining on the driveway. Also, the house was just painted and the painters had to come back and touch up.

They did not have me sign paperwork until after they started moving and I was trying to help them, so I took a part of the bed. They said that would help them out and then told me that since I took it apart, they could not put it back together for liability reason. I told them that I wouldn’t have helped if they didn’t tell me that it would help them with the time. So, I took the bed apart but I figured it out after they left. I ended up disputing the claim because they damaged property that I had to pay more money for. On top of that, towards the end, they had me sign for an extra amount of hours but they finished about 40 minutes earlier than that and I still was charged that full amount. So, they got 40 minutes for free. I haven’t had no contact with them since the move and trying to get the return price for the 40 minutes that I was overcharged.

Eric was the one who gave me the initial quote and I loved him at one point. He felt bad that it was so much more over and he knew the situation, I was pregnant and that I had a discount quote with them. We ended up feeling bad that it was triple what he quoted me and he sent me $20 of his personal money. I even contacted Eric about that reviews that were about them before and he said that it was in a different state or that it was a certain situation and they fixed it. He gave me a little bit more peace of mind to try them out and use them. The other guy that was in the office working was totally unprofessional and he was rude and unprofessional. My experience correlates with other experiences that I read online. I have that peace of mind and people tend to not review when they have good experiences that I noticed. So, I went with that but I personally would not recommend them.

Noha,
    You moved from Wellington to Lake Worth back in May, a 4 hour, 2 man job totaling $495. Moves usually start after items are broken down, boxed up and wrapped. I don't see an overcharged for "40 minutes". Nor do I see how your move was "triple" what Eric originally quoted you. I also don't see that there was a claim regarding "scratching up a lot of you furniture". If you incurred damages to your furniture, during your move, please go to movinglcaims.net. There, you can start the claims process online. You'll need to provide pictures to document the damages. They'll be able to evaluate the photos and provide a settlement, based on the release insurance value of .60 per article, per pound. Mover Dudes wishes you a very Happy Holiday!

Customer Service

Original review: Nov. 4, 2018

Mover Dudes repeatedly came to my house to move the piano and were never prepared to do so. I was in the middle of moving, so they helped do other stuff while we were killing time while they tried to get their truck ready, and then it didn’t work, and maybe it’s another truck and this and that. So, they did move other stuff around for me for which I paid, but what they were there for in two hours was move all of the stuff including the piano which they never did. So, it wasn’t good. They also ruined my driveway because they thought that the problem was their hydraulic mechanism and so they had to go get hydraulic fluid which they spilled all over my driveway. They ruined the street and they never took any responsibility. They thought that they could do it but they couldn’t. They didn’t have the self-awareness to say that they couldn’t move the piano, which would have been fine. So, I just hired a different company.

Adriana R.,
    We have 2 job orders with you, both back in May, F6957634 (dump & move) for $556 and F6958011 for $600 (piano). You were pleased with our work on the dump run, so you contacted us a second time, to do the piano move. We attempted, twice, to get the piano job done for you. It wasn't about Mover Dudes "not having the self-awareness", as you state in your review, we wanted to please our repeat client. We were not able to satisfy this job. You were not charged for the piano. Theres no record of "ruining the street". Accidents do happen but ruining a street, not so much. In regards to the driveway, I have no record of that as well. If there was a leak of fluid, we would be more than happy to take care of it. We're happy to hear another company was able to take care of your piano needs. Enjoy your Holidays!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

Arrival was a day late. No one called us the day off. On arrival they had a nearly empty truck and were to both full box/pack and full move a fully furnished house. They spent that day getting more material to pack. Now two days late, they were out of time and so they rushed and damaged multiple items. On the third day near midnight with half of our belongings on their truck we were given another contract and asked to sign it, committing us to more money. Wardrobe boxes were later unpacked and found stuffed full of unwrapped pictures and about anything else that would fit. Currently submitting damage claims.

Colin,
    We picked you up 7/30 and completed on 7/31. Local moves are scheduled the day before and the client is called to confirm. I've gone through your signed contract. I do not see any additional charges. There are not multiple contracts to sign. You sign at the time of arrival, before your items are loaded. You sign again upon the truck being unloaded and the job is complete. Wardrobe boxes are used to move items that are acceptable to put inside, in addition to clothing. Based on the contract, a shipper has 60 days after the day of delivery, to file a claim. If you've incurred any damages, your claim should have been submitted by Sept 31st.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

We were helping a friend to move from Fort Lauderdale to Jacksonville. We spoke to five different companies and they were all aggressive. The guy from Mover Dudes that I closed the deal with gave me the best one. Instead of a long-distance rate, he gave us a local one so it worked out to be a lot less than most of the other companies. On the phone, the rep was extremely knowledgeable and he knew everything was very informative as far as what we needed to do to make sure that everything was safe. He said he would include bubble wrapping and taping and most of the others weren’t doing that.

There was a little confusion for the quote and in the end, it turned out to be an extra couple of people to get the job done in time. They turned out being a little bit more in another area, so we ended up having six people and that was on that very day of moving. It would have never gotten done in that timeframe. Even if you go over through every single item in the house, the weight and the sizes, I should’ve been told there would’ve been at least three more people needed for the move. Either way, they still did a fantastic job. The movers showed up on time and they were nice and friendly. They were fast and careful. I have no complaints about that level of professionalism that they showed and they were good.

Hi there Charlie!
    Our crews do their very best to ensure a speedy but careful move. We're not always the least expensive but we always do our very best, no matter the move! Thank you so very much for the 5 star review! We truly appreciate your time and your business! Happy Holidays!

Customer Service

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

I contracted Mover Dudes to provide moving services from my home in North Carolina. Mover Dudes were expected to move my possessions on or before July 12, 2018. Mover Dudes were given a moving date window of about 1 week prior to July 12. Mover Dudes were also informed in writing and on my contract that the last possible date for moving my entire household belongings from North Carolina to Florida would be July 12. I was selling my home in North Carolina, and therefore would not be able to leave belongings after July 12. I was repeatedly informed by Mover Dudes that my move was scheduled in the week leading up to July 12. However, on July 11th I was informed by Mover Dudes that it would not be possible to make my move until after July 12. This was not an option for me.

I scheduled my move with Mover Dudes in May 2018 and I did not have a second moving company available to make my move. Additionally I was not physically present in North Carolina myself. My wife was going to supervise the move in my absence. I had to drive to NC, rent a truck and pack my belongings myself to drive down to Florida. During my drive down to Florida, my wife's car was overheated. Because we were in such a rush, we did not get to wait for the car to cool down and the car engine had to be eventually replaced due to overheating. My car engine cost more than $6000 dollars. I also had lost time at work that I could have earned money instead of making a move. I was refunded the cost of the move, however, the stress, inconvenience and additional cost was overwhelming. Mover Dudes will cancel on you at the last minute, do not use them ever.

Randolph,
    I've researched our database for a client by your name and any moves from NC to FL. I've not found any records to verify you. However, I'd like to explain the "pick up and delivery window". A pick up window is within 3 days, from first "requested" pick up date. Delivery windows are "spreads". The spread depends on the distance of the move, from pick up to drop off. This ranges from 0-21 business days. The only time there's a guarantee of these 2 dates, is if a client pays an additional fee. We're terribly sorry you experienced mechanical failures, on the road. It is unreasonable, no matter the circumstances, to hold any company responsible for maintenance issues of a personal vehicle. We do wish you and your family much luck and best wishes, in your new Florida home.

Customer Service

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

My furniture was picked up on October 9, 2018 by M&G Movers, an agent contracted by Mover Dudes. I paid the bill of $5,110 on my credit to have my possessions moved to Arizona. IT IS NOW 17 DAYS LATER AND MY POSSESSIONS ARE STILL IN A WAREHOUSE IN NEW JERSEY HOLD BY M&G MOVERS. Mover Dudes sent them. After numerous calls to Mover Dudes the owner Jason called me on Oct 22 guaranteeing me he sent a cashiers check to M&G. The check arrived on Oct 25, 2018 and was returned to Mover Dudes as they will not accept the personal check they sent. This company is nothing but fraudulent, thieves and breach of contract. When you first contact them they are your best friends, and then the aggravation starts. I am going to have to file a lawsuit and wonder if I will ever see my possessions again. Stay away from the company at all costs.

Linda,
    G&M was our agent. Unfortunately, due to how they have handled your move, we have terminated the relationship. G&M has 21 business days, from 10/9, by law to deliver your goods to Arizona. No, Mover Dudes does not accept personal checks. We accept a credit card for the initial deposit of 25%, then an additional payment of 25%. For final payment, we accept only cash and postal money order. That's pretty standard for the industry. You signed an estimate and docusign, stating the policy. It's truly unfortunate that G&M chose to handle your move the way they did. Any issues between Mover Dudes and G&M, should have been handled professionally & internally. G&M behaved unprofessionally by including you in private business matters.

Moving Dudes expert review by Janine Sarna-Jones

This full-service moving company offers long distance and local moving services nationwide. In addition to traditional moving services, they also offer specialty services such as storage and special care moves.

• Military moves: Mover Dudes has civilian and military movers who understand the intricacies of military moves. They can ensure a smooth process.

• Storage services: After you move in, Mover Dudes can take any excess items to a climate-controlled storage facility until you decide you need them. They offer temporary and indefinite storage space.

• Packing and unpacking services: Make your move even easier with Mover Dudes’ packing and unpacking services.

• Flexible and affordable rates: Speak with a moving specialist to make sure you’re getting the services you need at an affordable price.

• Heavy equipment moves: Mover Dudes can move special care items, such as gun safes, loaded file cabinets and heavy equipment.

Profile picture of Janine Sarna-Jones
    Janine Sarna-Jones Moving Expert

Janine Sarna-Jones is a Certified Professional Organizer and Move Manager. She is the founder and president of Organize Me Inc. and has been helping people get organized at work and at home since 1992. A member of the inaugural class of Certified Personal Organizers and board member of the National Association of Productivity and Organizing, Janine has helped a broad range of clients, including corporate executives, small business owners, real-estate agents, moms, artists, therapists, and non-profit organizations.

Mover Dudes Company Information