2. Movers

Mover Dudes

Mover Dudes
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.05/5

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Mover Dudes is a premium moving and storage business, based out of Deerfield Beach, Florida. Our expert team services long-distance and nationwide moves. Our services are customized based on your individual needs. We can pack, unpack, store and crate, all your household items. Whether it's a military move, a residential move, or special care and oversized moves, Mover Dudes strives to provide a hassle-free experience, at an affordable price! Our goal is to get you moved safely, securely and on time!

Move With Ease

Get matched with a trusted, professional moving company.

Get Matched Now

Mover Dudes Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mover Dudes?
      How do I know I can trust these reviews about Moving Dudes?

Original review: March 3, 2020

On February 16, 2019 I received a call from Louis with Moving Dudes. He conducted a phone interview gathering the details of my items that were going to be included in my move. I explained to Louis that I am on a tight schedule and need to have my furniture pickup on 3/02/2019. This is my drop dead date. Louis agrees to this date and stated that I will have pay a deposit to secure the date. I gave him my credit card details. He charged my credit card $875.00.

On February 25th I Louis and left a message. Shortly after leaving the message I received a call from a women whom stated that the truck broke down and the best that they could do is make an appointment to pick up my furniture on March 5 or two weeks. I explained to her that Louis promised that my furniture would be picked up on 3/02/2019. The female associate stated that Louis cannot confirm a pickup date and that I should give him a call. I called Louis 6 times after that no answer. I decided to rent a truck and move my belongings.

On March 05, 2019 Louis called me stating that he was very busy and that he could offer another pick up date. I told Louis that he lied and to give me a refund since he did not honor the contract pickup date. Louis stated, "No refund will be forthcoming ... You have chosen to cancel our agreement on the first day of your 3 day window for loading household furniture and items. You must cancel no sooner than 7 days prior to pick up for a refund." (What a Scam. Warning out of state movers beware of Moving Dudes. They take your money and make promises and don’t follow through.) This company should be shut down.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2019

This company pick up my son machines a month ago and has refused to answer any of my calls since. There is some discrepancies in my building. I have no idea where my furniture is. No one is answering my phone calls. I've sent several emails and none have been answered. They have over $20,000 worth of fern the change that belong to me and I have no way of knowing when how or if I'm going to get them. This is deeply disturbing. It is theft! I have reported them to any agency that I can find and still no reply. At this point I'm calling the police.

Get buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

This Mover Dudes company from Florida is a complete scam. They used another company’s name and were terrible! They held my household items over three months and when I finally got them back everything was chipped up, scratched or broken beyond repair. The only recourse I had was writing letters of complaint that went nowhere. Terrible customer service, wouldn’t answer phone calls, lied over and over. Nightmare experience.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

In a day and age of so many horrible companies, and bad reviews, I was very pleased with my experience. I moved with these guys a year ago and just decided I should share my thoughts. I've moved in the past both by myself and utilizing movers. My move with these guys my my decision for future relocations an easy decision. I will use them again.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

I hired them for my move to KY from Texas. When I gave them the list of my items I noticed in description my large boxes became small, different items were missing in their quote. I went back to the salesperson and he corrected it but prize went up another $800. The day of my move no one showed up and I called the agent and no answer, after multiple tries another agent picked up and she was rude and said they had no truck going to ky so it has to be done after 2 weeks. I scheduled my move 2 months prior and they had no backup? $6k was my cost total with Mover Dudes and now I am trying to find someone else at last minute and I spoke to different movers and they said Mover Dudes ball parked in very low price and no way they would've moved me and I see that later.

Now my deposit $1500 is with them and no way I can get it back. No one wants to talk, no one wants to answer your messages. Absolute silence... They cancelled the move, not me and I never said anything to piss them off either. But no refunds. Account lady called once and said the money is refunded and it's been 2 months and it's not in my account. Thank God I paid them with American Express. I can sleep peacefully. American will give these crooks a lesson. Please if you are moving talk to at least a good company and get an idea how it works. Never hire these guys. I am sure when they come home my price would have tripled.

Resolution response: Aug. 17, 2019

The company reached out to me to negotiate a resolution. A monetary agreement has been reached and is pending.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

Do not believe positive reviews. More than likely staff members writing them. This company needs to be shut down from operations. They lie. They damage your things. They don't show up on the days or times quoted. They will not care for your things or provide a climate controlled space. Some of my things silk plant arrangements were melted together. Plastic bins crushed and shredded. Boxes missing and furniture scuffed and broken pieces. Oil painting thrown in larger boxes with tools. Then they have you over a barrel to get what is left from them. Mine had someone else's items as well because they pick up and deliver multiple loads each way. The employees that handle your items are day 1099 workers and you might get only one guy or two, none of them professional and always sketchy in appearance. You've been warned, proceed with caution. I've lost around 2800 in damages or missing items.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

Please save your time and money and avoid this company! I told my significant other to go with a trusted company we used before, but we went with the cheaper company and sadly we are still dealing with the aftermath. Mover Dudes promised to contact us 48 hours before the movers arrived, but they never reached out. We only found out the night before the movers arrived thanks to our due diligence in contacting them. The day they were supposed to show up we reached out, cause once again we didn't hear from Mover Dudes or One Way Van Lines, and they couldn't give us any exact time, even though we received an email that stating they would be at our place between 8-10 am.

The problems started from there and everything they promised before the move were false advertising and a response I received to their terrible service was that they are busy. When the movers showed up, two didn't speak English and the third spoke broken english. They could barely communicate and introduced themselves by antagonizing my dogs and I asked them to politely leave them alone, but clearly they barely understood english and this caused a communication barrier. They blasted some Eastern European music without asking, stocked my fridge with their energy drinks and water without asking, and left the freezer open due to their energy drinks not properly placed. They chain smoked outside of my house (leaving an ashtray of cigarette butts in my driveway) and when I checked in with them, I could barely understand them and they came off as rude.

They left my house a mess with tape and I had to clean it up myself. They lingered around after they finished and continued to chain smoke and make themselves feel at home. I tried to get them on the road as quick as possible and paid them and sadly tipped them (cause I was so worried about them messing with my stuff, but they didn't deserve any type of tip). The main guy who barely spoke English was on his Bluetooth the whole time and was audible down the street.

I tried to pay and sign stuff, just to get rid of them and they were about to leave without me signing anything. I reminded them about signing the inventory list. He never went over anything on the list, I just signed it to get them away from my house. It was a mistake, cause now I'm told the document that was never explained and I was rushed into signing stated I owed an extra $600, even though when I asked the guy that barely spoke english about cubic footage, he said we probably wouldn't owe any extra.

They sent me a blackmail email the next day, sounding like something out of a Bruce Willis movie, that if I didn't pay the extra $600 my items wouldn't make it out of Baltimore. My significant other contacted Mover Dudes and the actual moving company One Way Van Lines. Both companies have continued to pass the buck and have had poor customer service and little to no follow-up. They say you get what you pay for and I regret every day that we went with this company. I'm taking the time to write this, so that you won't make the same mistake. Go with a trusted company that has great customer service and will care about the items they are shipping. We didn't save any money and have had to contact them on a daily basis with little to no response and it is aggravating and emotional draining. Please, please, please, listen to your gut or significant other. Swipe left on Mover Dudes.

Original review: July 30, 2019

We moved from one state to another (only 170 miles). I looked at and received quotes from a few other companies to include locally. I decided to go with Moving Dudes as they provided the least cost and seemed to know what they were talking about. At least that is what it seemed liked. I have made 9 moves over the last 30 years to include 2 moves overseas. So I know how much stuff I have and what is needed to haul it. Granted, I never paid attention to the cubic feet of stuff I have, I just know the size of vehicle needed. That's the mover's job to know and that is what we pay them to do.

It started out speaking with Vernon in sales. No doubt a great guy and was very helpful in the beginning. I walked from room to room telling him exactly what I had as far as BIG furniture. He didn't want to hear about anything that can fit in a box. So I told him the big furniture, grill, appliances, etc. He came back with an estimated cost for the cubic feet of space needed. I made it clear on SEVERAL occasions that I have needed a semi truck to move my stuff in the past and that I would fill it up. Vernon said no problem that I would have a semi exclusively for me. It even said that on the contract when I paid the deposit (which they require 1/3 down, 1/3 at pickup, and 1/3 before delivery.

All was good. Moving day was July 5th. Vernon said someone would call me 48-72 hours before the move to confirm pickup, etc. 48 hours before pick up, no one called. I tried calling Vernon 10-15 times starting July 3rd thru July 4th. No answer, no callback. I emailed 2-3 times with no response. I finally got a call from James (I think) who is either dispatch or operations. He apologized for not calling, but assured me that the truck would be there the next day (July 5th) for pickup and apologized for the delay. All good...

Late Afternoon July 4th, the truck driver called and said they were behind and couldn't be there until Saturday July 5th. Still OK as I had to be out of the house by July 9th. July 5th, no one showed or called. The driver finally called afternoon of the 5th and said he was still behind and that they would be here tomorrow morning (July 6th). They didn't show until late afternoon around 3pm in a truck that was half the size of a semi. We lived in a wooded area that has a one lane bridge that a semi CANNOT cross over. Again I expressed this several times that I needed a semi and that a shuttle truck would be needed due to the small bridge. Vernon assured me that I would have a semi exclusively and a shuttle. It was on the contract and extra cost was included for the shuttle.

I asked the driver if the semi was out on the road and if the truck they brought was the shuttle. The driver said that this was the only truck he needed based off cubic feet that Vernon put down. I had also called Vernon (before he stopped responding) and told him I needed storage for one week until we closed on the new house. He told me no problem. The truck driver not only showed up with the wrong size truck, he thought he was packing, loading and unloading at the new house all in one day. Wrong again!!!

After about an hour on the phone back and forth with James, we ended up paying almost twice as much as we were originally quoted, which was $6000.00 and ended up paying over $10,000. Again this was supposed to be (as Vernon described) "The White Glove Service". My wife ended up packing 75 boxes herself, by the contracted quote we were allowed 100 boxes to which wasn't taken off the final bill as they said it would and held our stuff for delivery until we paid which was oK, I understand the need to be paid.

When the truck driver showed up with the wrong truck, and realized that this wasn't a pack and unpack job all in one day, they had to load the truck and drive it to storage, they did this (3) times and took (3) days when they were scheduled for one day. I feel bad for the drivers and packers. They were given bad information from the Operations team. It's not my fault that someone didn't calculate properly even after stating several times that I needed a semi, a shuttle truck, and storage. Yet Moving Dudes can't seem to take ownership. The best they could do is to eat the cost of storage (which, by contract we were suppose to get 30 days free anyway). How can you eat the cost of storage when it is built into my costs? I haven't receive $500 back yet as promised????

James said that I would receive $500 back on my credit card, to which I have not heard back from anyone about this yet. James said he would email the accounting department and they would reach out to me. That was two weeks ago and still nothing. As I type this, James just responded to a text I sent asking about the $500, he apologized for the delay to to this being moving season and that I would get the money back. I'll update when that happens.

I don't mind paying extra for having more stuff than anticipated, I know how that works. When I explained, again on several occasions, that I have a lot of stuff and needed a semi, and they calculated a half of semi, then that should have been a red flag. Maybe they should have sent someone out ahead of time to verify, but no, they just assumed that I didn't know what I was talking about.

What I do mind is people not taking ownership and living up to the contracted terms (quote). It is totally unprofessional to NOT respond to customers calls, emails, etc. This was the worst moving experience out of the 9 that I've had as far as customer service. They are all about communicating at the beginning. They call once or twice a week until they get the deposit, then communication seems to stop. I believe James may be trying and may not be getting support from his management. He has been responsive throughout.

According to the driver, the movers were from US Movers that were contracted out by Moving Dudes. The driver, didn't even know who James or Vernon or how to contact someone from Moving Dudes. I had to call James and then put the driver on the phone. The packers did a good job for the most part. There were some boxes that stuff was thrown into without being wrapped. Heavy stuff on top on light stuff for example, one box had lampshades on the bottom and the microwave on top of the lampshades. Needless to say the lampshades were smashed. Picture frames and painting frames were not wrapped properly and broke in transit. Again, things happen during moves, I've had my fair share of broken stuff, but that just isn't common sense.

The movers were very polite and as professional as they could be dealing with the screw up from Moving Dudes. They wrapped the furniture pretty good and took care of moving it in and out of the house. One thing they did when they delivered all our stuff...they left two wardrobe boxes full of trash and said they could not take it with them because they had another job to go to. It had all the plastic and tape from the furniture. First time in 9 moves that movers refused to take their trash with them. You'd think after paying over $10,000 they would take their own trash. They say we have 60 days to file a claim for broken stuff. We'll see how much we get back and how long it takes. It'll be nowhere near what we paid for it.

I know they will most likely respond to this and make it seem as if they didn't do anything wrong, like they have in the other responses to customer reviews, so I'll leave it up to you if you want to do business with them. I know I won't and will tell everyone I know to seek other moving companies. I'd be happy to follow up with this review if I ever see the $500 back as James promised. Until then happy moving.

Original review: July 26, 2019

Used Mover Dudes a couple of weeks ago to help us relocate to our new home. We were originally planning on doing it ourselves but a co-worker who has recently moved highly recommended Mover Dudes and we figured we couldn't go wrong with having professionals take care of everything. We made a great choice because they really did take care of everything. The gentlemen who helped us were amazing and cheerful through the whole day. Our things arrived on TIME to our new HOME and everything was in exactly the condition we gave it to them. To make a long story short, I feel like we really made the right choice in hiring Mover Dudes.

Original review: July 17, 2019

Negative stars review if possible. AVOID this company at all costs. We were quoted one price by phone to move my belongings from storage into my house and when they came to deliver, they wanted more money and cash only. After speaking with the very rude "manager/owner" he stated that his invoice was correct and the quoted price was wrong. No point in trying to drive common sense on a manager that is rude and hangs up the phone on the customer and their employees. The manager would not budge on a $109 price difference from the original quote nor was willing to work me me on a happy medium.

After three more calls with him, he got worst and took my belongings back and wanted to still charge his more expensive fee but now additional fees because he was not able to deliver to me. This company is right now holding my belongings hostage and extorting more money for them. I have already started an small claims court proceeding and spoken to a lawyer. Too bad for the manager that a workable $109 price difference would turn into more costs for him in the long run. On the positive side, the driver and mover where very professional and understanding. Too bad they work for a company with questionable non-consumer oriented business practices. RUN FROM THIS COMPANY AND AVOID THEM LIKE THE PLAGUE.

Moving Dudes author review by Tom Rains

Mover Dudes is headquartered in Virginia and provides long-distance moves and local moves in the area. The company handles commercial property moves and residential moves.

• Types of moves: The company offers local and long-distance residential and commercial moves. Night and weekend moves are available.

• Cost: We estimate a long-distance move with Mover Dudes to cost approximately $3,900. Moving costs vary based on factors including the time of year, distance moved and weight of items moved.

• Service areas: Mover Dudes provides long-distance moves across the nation. Local moves are limited to the state of Virginia, specifically Richmond, Norfolk, Roanoke, Chesapeake and southern Virginia.

• Additional services: The company operates climate-controlled storage facilities. Mover Dudes also provides full packing services, including loading and unloading.

by Tom Rains ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Tom Rains graduated from the University of Oklahoma in 2014 with a master’s degree in Professional Writing. Tom’s passion for delivering quality content fuels him to provide consumers with accurate, well-researched information on major life purchases.

Mover Dudes Company Information