Call toll free
3.92/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Mover Dudes is a premium moving and storage business, based out of Deerfield Beach, Florida. Our expert team services local Florida moves and long-distance/nationwide moves. Our services are customized based on your individual needs. We can pack, unpack, store and crate, all your household items. Whether it's a military move, a residential move, or special care and oversized moves, Mover Dudes strives to provide a hassle-free experience, at an affordable price! Our goal is to get you moved safely, securely and on time!

Moving Dudes Video
B-BBB Rating
View More View More

34 Mover Dudes Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

Mover Dudes moved my family and I from Delray Beach Fl to Brentwood Tennessee. We had a large home so they sent 12 guys for 3 days in a row. They were quick and efficient. They loaded two tractor trailers full of our belongings. They were very polite. Courtney and Canndy were the foreman for the crews and they were very helpful. 5 stars.

Mover Dudes response
That's great news Daniel!
With such a large team and tons to move, we're thrilled to hear we didn't disappoint! Our guys work very hard, on the job site, to provide excellent service. From packing, to loading, to hauling, to unloading, they work tirelessly for our clients. Every 5 star review makes everyone so very happy! We appreciate you taking the time to let us know what a great job we did!

Customer Service

Get expert buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

Want to thank these guys for doing a great Job. We moved from Delray to Delray and the move went off without a hitch. I was recommended to these guys by my neighbor and they were right. Thank you. Thank you for making everything go so smooth.

Jason,
Whether it's a local move or a long distance move, we aim to please! We're grateful your neighbor recommended Mover Dudes! We owe them a huge thank you too! Thank you so very much for the 5 stars! It's customers like you that make our day! We truly appreciate your business Jason!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

As a senior citizen, who moved across state lines, I have to say that I thought I had done my due diligence in researching and reviews. Apparently, I was incorrect. When I hired this company, Mover Dudes, I was assured I was dealing directly with them and not being brokered out. I was assured I would be insured and bonded, which turns out I never was. Did not know this at the time. We went over the entire house of items room by room and agreed upon the first $5300 amount, I called Monday the 24th to confirm the dates for upcoming weekend and to add some additional items to the inventory. This increased the moving total $6500 with the additional items.

Our moving date window was for Sept. 28-30. They did not show up. We called throughout the weekend and again on Monday the 1st to see where they were. We were told, "Oh sorry, they got stalled. We will let you know when the new time is." Finally, at 8:45 Tuesday night, the movers show up at the old house. My husband was there in Florida at the old house, the movers then went in to look around. They did go ahead and load boxes, then said they would be back first thing in the morning. First thing was 11:30 the next day.

At this time the movers (who ended up NOT being from Mover Dudes, but brokered out to Royal Logistics, LLC) called their boss Natalia, who informed us we would now have to pay an additional $1500 for items not on the inventory list. (I agree that I did not review the list as carefully as I should have and that items were missed, so this is partly my fault.) Now we are at $8,000 for the moving expenses. Natalia and the movers explained that this often happens with brokers and will unfortunately cause problems for the movers and for the individuals moving. My question to her was whether I needed to deal directly with her instead of the 'brokers' Mover Dudes. She said, "Oh no, it will be fine," I asked if she was sure.

My Husband did sign off on a few listed scratches, however everything else was sent in above average or nearly new condition. Now mind you, this list was handed to him after the truck was loaded, and not ALL of the furniture was listed as damaged. So finally, Friday October 5th at 12:45 pm they show up in Tennessee. So keep in mind, I was alone up here in the country, with the nearest neighbor being a half mile away. The guys arrived, had me sign paperwork, accepting delivery. They informed me that they could not unload until their boss Natalia called.

When she called, she said not to worry, they would not be charging any more money, but they had not been paid yet. I again asked if I needed to pay them directly That perhaps we would not have had all this confusion if I had dealt with them directly. She again assured me we were fine. Meanwhile the moving guys were sitting on my porch smoking. The guys finally started unloading at 1:17 pm for the garage items. Then they moved the truck to the front of the house (making huge holes and ruts as they moved the truck back and forth in the yard) at approximately 2:30 pm at which time they took another break to smoke.

Natalia then called me back to ask me if I would give them a good review and how the guys were doing. Well, yes, I lied, and said they were doing great, the company was great, wished I had dealt with them directly. (What else was I supposed to do with the guys standing there listening to me, alone with them in the country and they had possession of all my belongings). I was later informed by Mover Dudes this call was recorded and because I said this to Natalia, my claim for damages would not be approved. NO ONE SAID I WAS BEING RECORDED.

These guys took a break about every 30 minutes on average. During which time, I started to grab some of the lighter boxed items from the truck and the porch, picked up their garbage, etc. When I attempted to document the damages on the inventory sheets, I was told I was not allowed to do so and would have 30 days to report damages. At this time I also thought the I was given the insurance like I asked. Finally, at 8:30 pm the truck was finally unloaded. At this point they were ready to put stuff back together. I did request that they just focus on the master bedroom and we would out the rest together ourselves. I mean seriously? I did not want them here until midnight.

This is the email I sent to Mover Dudes: "Who do address damages with? The movers damaged or completely ruined every single piece of furniture we own. The sofa, ottoman and overstuffed chair including ALL of the pillows were not covered and are now covered in grease and grime, the set is not even a year old. The dining room table, they busted the bolts clear out of the table struts and the table is no longer usable. Then top of the dining room table is all scraped and scratched. The entertainment center has damage all the way around the bottom and top, the brackets for the shelves are gone. The headboard to the bed in the master bedroom, has a big gouge in it, as well as scrapes all the way around each piece.

Instead of keeping the toolbox straight up on its wheels, they laid it on its side, and yes, damages. The dresser has scrapes all around it. This is just an overall list. But I have to say how unhappy I am with the entire matter. This ended up costing us 8k. And will now cost us another 5k for repairs and replacements. In addition, we signed a contract for a 3 day window, That window was for Friday the 28th to Sunday the 30th. They showed up Tuesday night the 2nd, at 9 pm then did not show up again until 11:30 the next day Wednesday the 3rd. They took until that night to finish loading. They did not show up to the new house until Friday the 5th at 12:45!!! At which point they then took until 8:47 pm at which point, I sent them on their way. I was here alone, had not eaten all day, helped unload that truck as they kept taking smoke breaks and did not want to be messing with them at 11 pm.

BTW, according to their boss, they were not given the job until Monday the 1st... How do we plan to address this situation? We are in a really bad spot. I get it. But there has got to be some recourse here. I did receive a call from Mover Dudes, she was very angry, defensive and would not let me talk, kept yelling at me telling me I had to listen to her. I was told they would not honor any claims, that the movers took pictures of all items before loading (my husband did not witness that at all, and he had to help them on that end as well).

She also informed me that my "orange sofa” was horribly stained and damaged already, as she was looking at the pictures of it. I kept trying to interrupt her to explain that I do not own a orange sofa. My sofa and chair are light gray. She only kept talking over me saying that did not matter, I signed off. Period. No discussion. She also informed me I was recorded speaking to Natalia (again not with my permission). When I tried to explain that I was here alone with them, she said that was no excuse, that if I could not tell the truth then, I have no recourse. I am sure they have a full recording of the conversation, again not with my permission, but the upshot is I am out of luck. They will not honor any claims.

In addition, they marked off every single piece of furniture as having some sort of damage, (AFTER my husband signed off as he only signed off on some items with scratches). My point here, there are 3 pieces of furniture they marked as damaged that have NOT one mark on them. Just goes to show… I just want this on record, these 2 companies, Mover Dudes and Royal Logistics, LLC, are a major rip-off and will take advantage of your naivete about these things. Unfortunately, 8k later I have learned a very hard lesson. As they say, Buyer Beware, As I should have stayed with the quote from well known ALLIED for 12k. and still would have come out ahead I am sure after we repair and or replace the broken and destroyed items."

Dena,
Mover Dudes is a carrier, not a broker. We utilize "agents" throughout the country. There's a section in the Bill of Lading that defines an "agent". Not sure why Natalia would say we're brokers, as this is a false statement. Pick up's and deliveries can be delayed, for a number of reasons. In your file, it notes that there were items added to your inventory, at the time of pick up. You also state this in your review. An increase to the cost of your move shouldn't be an issue. If a mover arrives and a shipper wants to add more to whats being moved, the price will increase accordingly. You can most defiantly file a claim for damages. What was stated was that the claim could be rejected due to you and your husband signing off on all of the paperwork. A claims process starts with you filing online at movingclaims.net. Then there's a review process. This includes all of the pictures and paperwork associated with your move. If a settlement is approved, you'll receive a settlement letter. Once a settlement letter is signed off on by the shipper, we receive the letter. Then we send a settlement check directly to the shipper. I advise that you start the claims process.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

Arrival was a day late. No one called us the day off. On arrival they had a nearly empty truck and were to both full box/pack and full move a fully furnished house. They spent that day getting more material to pack. Now two days late, they were out of time and so they rushed and damaged multiple items. On the third day near midnight with half of our belongings on their truck we were given another contract and asked to sign it, committing us to more money. Wardrobe boxes were later unpacked and found stuffed full of unwrapped pictures and about anything else that would fit. Currently submitting damage claims.

Colin,
We picked you up 7/30 and completed on 7/31. Local moves are scheduled the day before and the client is called to confirm. I've gone through your signed contract. I do not see any additional charges. There are not multiple contracts to sign. You sign at the time of arrival, before your items are loaded. You sign again upon the truck being unloaded and the job is complete. Wardrobe boxes are used to move items that are acceptable to put inside, in addition to clothing. Based on the contract, a shipper has 60 days after the day of delivery, to file a claim. If you've incurred any damages, your claim should have been submitted by Sept 31st.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

I contracted Mover Dudes to provide moving services from my home in North Carolina. Mover Dudes were expected to move my possessions on or before July 12, 2018. Mover Dudes were given a moving date window of about 1 week prior to July 12. Mover Dudes were also informed in writing and on my contract that the last possible date for moving my entire household belongings from North Carolina to Florida would be July 12. I was selling my home in North Carolina, and therefore would not be able to leave belongings after July 12. I was repeatedly informed by Mover Dudes that my move was scheduled in the week leading up to July 12. However, on July 11th I was informed by Mover Dudes that it would not be possible to make my move until after July 12. This was not an option for me.

I scheduled my move with Mover Dudes in May 2018 and I did not have a second moving company available to make my move. Additionally I was not physically present in North Carolina myself. My wife was going to supervise the move in my absence. I had to drive to NC, rent a truck and pack my belongings myself to drive down to Florida. During my drive down to Florida, my wife's car was overheated. Because we were in such a rush, we did not get to wait for the car to cool down and the car engine had to be eventually replaced due to overheating. My car engine cost more than $6000 dollars. I also had lost time at work that I could have earned money instead of making a move. I was refunded the cost of the move, however, the stress, inconvenience and additional cost was overwhelming. Mover Dudes will cancel on you at the last minute, do not use them ever.

Randolph,
I've researched our database for a client by your name and any moves from NC to FL. I've not found any records to verify you. However, I'd like to explain the "pick up and delivery window". A pick up window is within 3 days, from first "requested" pick up date. Delivery windows are "spreads". The spread depends on the distance of the move, from pick up to drop off. This ranges from 0-21 business days. The only time there's a guarantee of these 2 dates, is if a client pays an additional fee. We're terribly sorry you experienced mechanical failures, on the road. It is unreasonable, no matter the circumstances, to hold any company responsible for maintenance issues of a personal vehicle. We do wish you and your family much luck and best wishes, in your new Florida home.

Customer Service

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Moving Dudes?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

My furniture was picked up on October 9, 2018 by M&G Movers, an agent contracted by Mover Dudes. I paid the bill of $5,110 on my credit to have my possessions moved to Arizona. IT IS NOW 17 DAYS LATER AND MY POSSESSIONS ARE STILL IN A WAREHOUSE IN NEW JERSEY HOLD BY M&G MOVERS. Mover Dudes sent them. After numerous calls to Mover Dudes the owner Jason called me on Oct 22 guaranteeing me he sent a cashiers check to M&G. The check arrived on Oct 25, 2018 and was returned to Mover Dudes as they will not accept the personal check they sent. This company is nothing but fraudulent, thieves and breach of contract. When you first contact them they are your best friends, and then the aggravation starts. I am going to have to file a lawsuit and wonder if I will ever see my possessions again. Stay away from the company at all costs.

Linda,
G&M was our agent. Unfortunately, due to how they have handled your move, we have terminated the relationship. G&M has 21 business days, from 10/9, by law to deliver your goods to Arizona. No, Mover Dudes does not accept personal checks. We accept a credit card for the initial deposit of 25%, then an additional payment of 25%. For final payment, we accept only cash and postal money order. That's pretty standard for the industry. You signed an estimate and docusign, stating the policy. It's truly unfortunate that G&M chose to handle your move the way they did. Any issues between Mover Dudes and G&M, should have been handled professionally & internally. G&M behaved unprofessionally by including you in private business matters.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

I'm sure Mover Dudes is good at moving things, but their customer service is terrible! Their sales reps are dishonest and their communication is practically non-existent. They'll treat you with respect until you sign a contract. I called them to move my belongings across the country based on their glowing reviews and their rating on Consumer Affairs. Sean was the sales rep I spoke with and he insisted he did not need an itemized list because I had previous quotes from other moving companies that estimated the cubic feet. He worked with me on my budget, but when the movers showed up, they were mad that the items I had did not match their itemized list. They tried charging me extra for every item that wasn't on the list.

I eventually reached a compromise with the manager, Steve. But that took several hours where the movers were yelling at me over the phone and trying to strong arm me into paying thousands of dollars more. No one knew what was going on. There seemed to be no communication between the sales team, the dispatch team, and the movers.

Fast forward to a week later, I called to get the status of my move. I just wanted to know if my items were still in storage or in transit or if they had an ETA. I had to call several times to find out information, and each time their agents said things like, "well, we don't have to know that information right now. We have 3 weeks to deliver your items." That's fine! I just want a status update! Or they would say things like, "we're really busy around here so we don't always have time to call the customer back."

I had also asked them for the cubic feet of my items. I have my items separated for two deliveries: storage and home. I told Sean that I needed to know the cubic feet of the items going into storage so I knew what size storage unit to get. He said that would be no problem but never communicated that to the movers. With the whole ordeal when the movers arrived at my house, I forgot to ask them. I had called Steve to ask if he could find out for me. He said he would find out and call me back. He never did. In fact, I had to call him a few times because he kept not returning my calls.

Then today, I finally get a call that my items are being loaded for transit. I ask again if they can tell me the size of my total items going into storage. The gal makes a call and is told no. They refuse to give me the size of my items because something about my estimate and it's my responsibility to find my own storage unit. I explain to the gal who called me (I forgot her name) that I don't know what that has to do with wanting how much space my items take up. She keeps interrupting me and refusing to help me out. I ask her not to interrupt me and to let me explain why what she is telling me doesn't make sense to me, and then she hangs up on me. I can only hope that the remainder of this move goes well. They have all of my belongings in their hands. I am not sure how they have so many good reviews, but BE WARNED. I will never recommend this company to anyone!

Cat,
Sean wouldn't say there's no need for an itemized inventory sheet. Every move is based on a customers inventory. We have an inventory list, provided by you. A moving company relies on a customers word regarding the amount of household goods they're moving, until pick up day. That's how the size of a truck is determined and sent to a job. When pick up day arrives and theres more inventory than previously stated, a revised written estimate is done. You signed an estimate and a docusign stating this. Your inventory increased. Steve did work with you. Mover Dudes treats all their clients fairly. Steve wanted to help you stay within your budget. He provided you a discount of $779.19. That's very generous. You also never told anyone that you needed to do an additional stop, to put some items in storage. That costs money too. Then you demanded that we provide the approximate cubic feet of the size storage unit you would need, for the items you wanted to put into storage. Your items were already on the truck. We wouldn't know what you needed, when you weren't sure what you'd end up storing. That is up to you to figure out. Yes, based on the distance from pick up location to delivery location, by law, a moving company has up to 21 business days to deliver your goods. This is also stated in the estimate and the docusign, you signed. We provide updates to all clients. There is a delivery window, 24-48 hours prior to the delivery date, we call. We would also update you if a truck was 5-7 days out. Before that, there may be no new changes to the information we can provide you. Our trucks are all over the country, routes change daily. If something changes, regarding your delivery, we provide you with that information. We handled your move professionally and fairly Cat.

Customer Service

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

HORRIBLE company to deal with. They have snake oil salesman promising you the world when they want you to make your deposit. They deserve zero stars. They claimed to be better and different from other moving companies and that they care about the reviews their customers leave, yet, they don't keep their word. It is a systemic issue on how they prey on ripping people off, I contacted the owner Jason Price via LinkedIn to express my dissatisfaction with his staff back on Sept. 27th and it is now 11 October as of this review and have yet to hear anything from Mr. Price. They shouldn't even get 1 star, very frustrating when companies like this can rip people off and get away with it. The original estimator was Eric, a complete incompetent individual that has yet to return any of my calls or even speak to me, but he was my agent. At least Shawn had the courage and decency to "act" as if he cared about how I was getting screwed over.

When Eric did our estimate, he went room by room with my wife over the phone, never in person. He knew it was a 2 story home with a full basement, 3 car garage & a large shed. He estimated the cost to be $5,100. I was told that they do not sell their moves and that their staff would come pick up my household goods and then they would store them at their warehouse in Florida and once ready for delivery to give them 48 hrs notice and they would bring it. Shawn told me that they usually estimate high and that it was possible I would be getting money back.

Shawn suggested I FaceTime Eric so we can go room by room again all the way until 2 days before packing day. I called to set it up with Eric and he never returned my calls. I was also told that a semi-trailer would be picking up my stuff, he joked about calling it the Beast or something and said the entire staff was terrified of the owner and that is what should reassure me that they would do whatever it takes to make me happy and have a great experience.

Fast-forward to moving day, It was not Moving Dudes who showed up to get my stuff, they had contracted it out to Allstate Movers (they promised they wouldn't pawn it off to another company), they showed up in a 26' truck (not the semi-trailer they promised), as soon as the driver walked my house he told me there was no way all my stuff would fit on the truck, that Moving Dudes had estimated my household goods to fit in half of a 26' truck. Again, a 3400 sq. ft. house 2 story, full basement, 3 car garage and large shed, and these incompetent idiots estimated cubic feet for half a 26' truck. I am no professional mover, but even I know that is ridiculous. To add insult to injury, the driver said that if I wanted them to take my stuff that the new price increased to almost $12K, more than half of what Moving Dudes quoted me.

I called and spoke to Shawn and asked him to make it right, he had every excuse in the book and that they couldn't do anything. I reminded him that I made the deal with Moving Dudes not Allstate Movers, he kept promising he would see what he can do and that the price they were giving me would be the most I get charged. The movers ended up having to rent a 2nd 26' truck and didn't get done loading them until 4 am the next day. Upon completion, I was told that packing material was more than they had estimated and now the new total was closer to $14K dollars.

I again contacted Moving Dudes to ask for help and to please do something. Storage would be in Atlanta. I am not made of money, I am not rich, they claimed to be pro-military and pro-Veteran and I believe because I am a Veteran they preyed on me to rip me off. How can they be so wrong to quote me $5,100 and I am having to end up paying almost $14,000 dollars and they have taken zero ownership in this fiasco.

I am not sure how others give them good reviews, their disregard for the customer, their shady business practices and outright lies are out of control, yet they can continue to operate ripping people off. Stay away from this garbage company, pay a little more and go with a real moving company not these wannabes. The owner takes zero ownership as he has not reached out to me or instructed his staff to make this right, I hope my review helps others not go through what I went through. PLEASE don't use this company, you will regret it.

Hector,

Moving Dudes is most definitely a 5 star moving company. We receive 5 star ratings because we provide 5 star service. We do not "pawn" work off to other companies.

Mover Dudes is located in Florida. Eric was not able to do an onsite estimate with your wife because she was located in Ohio, he in Florida. Our sales reps rely on a customers word regarding their inventory, prior to pick up. The size of the truck sent to a job, is based on the amount of inventory (cubic feet/pounds) discussed with the sales rep. Your wife was the one who spoke with Eric. She never disclosed to Eric anything regarding a 3 car garage, a basement or a large exterior shed.

The movers that executed your move, are Mover Dudes agents. In the contact you signed, there's a section regarding "AGENTS". Our agents treated your move no different than any other move. A "Revised Written Estimate" form is on hand with all drivers. If a driver shows up to a job and there's an increase in inventory, there will be an increase to the cost of the move, based directly on the increase amount.

Communication of a complete, accurate inventory by the shipper, at the time of booking, to the carrier is extremely important. Any one of our sales reps or operations employees are able to add inventory to your contract, any time prior to your moving day.

Mover Dudes values both it's military and non-military clients. We treat everyone with the same, utmost respect. We are very surprised to see you state that we "preyed on you to rip you off, because you are a veteran". That is absolutely false and not at all the case or what actually happened. What did happen with your move Hector, is you added a very large amount to your inventory, that was being moved from Ohio to Florida.

You've mentioned the owner a number of times. I'm going to address the statements. I spoke to Shawn regarding what you've written, he said. You took Shawn's statement completely out of context. No one is "terrified" of Jason, myself included. Also, Jason doesn't use LinkedIn as a means to communicate with Mover Dudes clients. Mover Dudes Customer Service and Operations employees handle client complaints internally.

All Mover Dudes employees are available to help our clients in any way they can. Unfortunately Hector, what you wanted done as "help", we weren't able to do. We couldn't provide you with a move that was twice the original estimated weight, for the same cost of $5100. Your original moving estimate was 8381 lbs. at $5100 (based on the original inventory list provided by your wife) to almost double that at pick up. This is why we needed to get a second truck.

Sincerely,

Resolution response: Oct. 11, 2018

Tia reached out to me quickly to resolve this issue and stated she will reimburse me for the television ASAP. It was nice to have such a quick response and she listened to my concerns.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I was planning to use my previous moving company but was referred to Mover Dudes from my new complex. It was a big mistake trying to save a few bucks going with them. Initially, I was promised an 10:30-11 am pickup time which was way I went with them and then they said they'd be late and wouldn't get here until 12:30 the latest. 12:30 passed and then they said the truck battery broke and they had to get it fixed and they wouldn't be at my place until 2:30 pm which they did not offer any discount for being 4 hours late.

The packing was done quickly and we moved to the new apartment in Boca, they packed one of my LCD televisions on their own. When we got to my apartment George asked me to sign the paperwork before they finished and they charge by time and tried to add extra time. I said I would only pay for 3 hours since they were almost done. I did not check my 2nd television until they left, it was severely cracked and now unusable. They never offered different levels of insurance protection and said everything was included at 120/hour so I took their word for it.

I later noticed they had me sign the .60 cents per pound per item basic minimum coverage. I called Tamara to complain about my broken TV and ask for reimbursement or replacement. She said they usually replace it and can do it quickly. A few days later I get a long claims form sent from MovingClaims.com who they partner with. They do everything they can to make sure it is as difficult as possible to meet all the requirements so the claim gets denied. This has been a horrible customer service experience and I would never recommend Mover Dudes to anyone. I have let the property I live it not to recommend them to anyone as well.

Good afternoon Erik,
Unfortunately, delays do happen in the moving business. Mover Dudes does it's very best to arrive on time. For clarification purposes, a moving company does not choose a clients insurance coverage, the client does. Both the insurance coverages and claims process, is included in the contract you signed. We do not make the claims process difficult. We use movingclaims.net They guide you through the process and whats needed to start and settle a claim. Everything is done online. You reached out to us. We were happy to take care of the damaged TV. We provided you payment quickly.

Customer Service

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

Thrilled to have found these guys. We shopped around quite a bit for movers and these guys are very competitively priced. I was shocked how affordable the quote was, but I was even more impressed with how fast, thorough, and careful they were! They were awesome to work with. I will not use any other movers again. Highly recommend!

Hi Henry!
We're thrilled you found us too! We appreciate you taking the time to review Mover Dudes! We know you're household goods are valuable to you. Our team does it's very best at every job! We look forward to working with you again!
Thanks Henry!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

Updated on 11/08/2018: I found this company not to be reliable in contract fulfillment, the reliability of delivery and taking responsibility for damages and I would rate them BELOW a 1 rating. Not only did they violate our contract, but (delivery was also to be given 24 to 48 hours notification but was less than 24 hours), they did not put the furniture that was disassembled for moving back together. They did severely damage furniture and did not compensate for damages. In a second delivery left the goods on the driveway. They negotiate their reviews. I have been asked by the company representative to change my review from a 1 to a 5 if they reimbursed me for their damages done during my delivery. After a final negotiation, they reduced my compensation. I am very sorry that I selected this company. They did not honor my contract. I would definitely use a more professional moving company.

Original Review: Besides damages to my doorways, during the delivery, severe gouges put on my hutches, and other experiences this move was less than the glowing ones that I have read. Is this company The Mover Dudes, The Moving Dudes or something else. I spoke to the moving company in Virginia called The Moving Dudes and they were very nice and said that my review was on their site and they get this happens all the time. The driver was supposed to give 24 to 48 hours notice of delivery. He called at 5 pm the evening before, said he would be delivering my items at 10 am the next day, and arrived at 9 am. He called me to get the addresses for the delivery. I do not think that he knew where he was going. He was in such a hurry to continue his run we had to hire someone to put the furniture back together and put it in place. We paid extra for 2 drop offs. On the second one, the driver left everything on the driveway.

Can you imagine the surprise that my family had when they came home from work that day? The owner did not even know who was the driver. When I spoke to Steve, he kept insisting that Ben delivered my items when it was a driver called Dan who had no interest in delivering furniture. Dealing with their claims department is like dealing with an organization in chaos. They claim that they send attachments with their emails but I really don't think they know how. There were few attachments.

Getting updates is like withdrawing gold nuggets from Fort Knox. First, they tell you to get a summary of your account, email them. Then they tell you to fill out their form. I did get an offer from The Moving Dudes...$72 for almost $4000 in damages. I really have a hard time believing all of these reviews because unfortunately, My delivery was nowhere as glowing nor were some of the review that I have read on other sites. The BBB said that this company is only rated a B. Look at some of the Facebook reviews and other sites before using MOVER DUDES.

Good afternoon Madeline,
Mover Dudes holds all of it's representatives to the highest level of standards. Due to the poor service, the driver that was responsible for your move is no longer employed at Mover Dudes. As per our email communications, we are working on addressing your stated issues.

Customer service

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

My contract to move 5 pieces of sentimental childhood furniture from Rincon, GA to Plattsburgh, NY was recently fulfilled with Mover Dudes from Deerfield, FL and I have nothing but positive feedback regarding the whole process. My request was to move this furniture at the least cost possible. This being my first experience with a long distance move made me a prime candidate for a horror story, however, I had nothing but personal attention and care not only by the owner/manager, Steve Ennis, but his drivers as well. The same 2 gentlemen, Rico and Marcus, picked up the furniture and delivered it as well 1100 miles later.

Every piece was wrapped in blankets and taped up like a Christmas present. The care given my furniture was above and beyond and delivered with expertise. Rico kept me up to date on where they were and his ETA throughout the entire trip. (Including a side trip (delivery) in Manhattan.) I have left a similar review on YELP because I was so impressed with the integrity and workmanship of the 3 people I had contact with at Mover Dudes. If they are an example of the quest for customer satisfaction, you can't go wrong with this company. If you are reading this, thank you guys from a very satisfied customer.

Mover Dudes response
You're so welcome Marie! Yup. Horror stories do exist in the moving industry. Unfortunately, not every move goes according to the best laid plan. Mover Dudes strives to always do it's very best to avoid all disastrous situations. Thank you Marie for the kind words regarding our team and the service they provided to you. We appreciate it very much that you took the time to let us know how satisfied you are! We're here to help you again, just let us know!

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

They were able to accommodate my last minute move and had great rates! Would recommend! We had flash flood warnings and they had to unload in the POURING rain without complaint. THANK YOU FOR MAKING OUR LIFE EASIER! We will definitely recommend you!!!

Mover Dudes response
Rain or shine Allan, we aim to please! Our team is thrilled to hear how pleased you are with your move! We truly appreciate your 5 star review! We love our customers and their recommendations!

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

Very professional and efficient. Definitely would use again. Responded within 5 mins and gave me the best rate. Good communication. Arrived on time and the move was stress free and easy. Highly recommend.

Mover Dudes response
Stress free and easy is our goal! We appreciate your business Roger and look forward to working with you again!

Customer Service

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

When I called this company on August 4th and spoke with Eric for a quote. I explained that I didn't care about the pickup date, but I needed a guaranteed September 1 delivery date. I was assured this was not a problem. They gave me a good quote and I decided to hire them. BIG MISTAKE! I was told my pick up would be August 30th at 11 am. Then on August 30th at 8 am I was called by Brandon and told it would be later in the day because of a truck issue. Then I was called a little after noon and told that they were in my town delivering another load and it would be later in the afternoon. Then at 4:45 pm, I was called by someone else and told it would be the NEXT day at 8 am.

I had already booked a hotel in the city I was moving to and prepared to drive down on the 31st to move in to my apartment on September 1. I got my family to supervise the load of my stuff so that we could get to FL that day. Again I was told by Brandon on multiple calls that my delivery would still be on the 1st of September. He even said on the 31st when I spoke with him that the driver would see how small my load was and be able to finish quickly and get on the road and then get to FL sometime on Saturday. Then it all changed! The driver explained that he wasn't going to deliver my stuff on the 1st that it would be at least the 2nd of September. So I got an extra night of hotel and an extra night to board my dogs.

Then on September 1 when I followed up with the driver about delivery for September 2 I was told that instead he is being sent in the opposite direction to get another load in VA and it would be at least Tuesday before I got my delivery. I then called Brandon and couldn't reach him. I called Eric and couldn't reach him. No one will return my voicemails. I finally got ahold of Shawn who stated he was going to see how he could help and get someone to assist me and get me my stuff. I never heard anything back - I then finally got ahold of Brandon and he then completely changed his story. When I told him I was told my stuff would be delivered by September 1st and that was the only reason I went with this company over another, he said that in order for me to get my delivery on September 1st I would have had to pay additional money when I reserved the move.

This was NOT told to me by Eric. I was told by Eric that a delivery of September 1st was NOT a problem. Then when I asked Brandon why he kept assuring me it would be there by the 1st, he denied ever saying that. He said this multiple times while on speaker phone for my Dad to hear as well as my 12 year old to hear in the car while we were driving on Friday. I have NEVER in 16 moves including 4 cross country moves have I had a company miss a pickup date and when I was told a delivery date, that was met as well. This company is unprofessional, lies, and what good is a contract if you don't meet the pickup and delivery dates? If you don't care when your items are picked up and delivered then go for it - but for most of us we want to know when our items are going to be picked up and when they are going to be delivered so that we can make the other arrangements that need to be made when moving long distance.

I've asked to speak to someone in charge MULTIPLE times and no one will call me or follow up. Customers mean nothing to this company. I have no idea if I'll even get my stuff on September 4th as I was told today by Brandon they can take up to 14 days to deliver my stuff - 14 days??!!! Are you kidding me? Meanwhile my children and I are sitting in a hotel, when we have an apartment we've paid for and our dogs are sitting in a boarding facility - we are all stressed and this company's marketing states - "Stress free move" - yeah, that's a joke!!! I'll be contacting the BBB regarding this situation and compensation. Buyer Beware or should I say - Mover Beware!

Good afternoon Alecia,

As per our email communications on 9/6/2018, Mover Dudes has acknowledged your unhappiness with your move. Our exceptional team strives to do it's very best, at all times, from sale to delivery. We have expressed our sincerest apologies to you. You and I discussed the fact, that since you initiated a credit card charge back for services rendered, we are unable to assist you at this time. Mover Dudes must wait for your bank charge back to be completely processed, before a claim can begin. There's a claim process that Mover Dudes and our customers must follow accordingly. We are more than happy to work something out with you, as I stated in our email conversation. We are now waiting for the charge back to process.

Kind Regards,

Customer Service Manager

Original review: July 30, 2018

We had never used a moving company to go this far, (Fl to Tx). Mover Dudes made it easy and the team was respectful to our belongings and had a professional attitude. They arrived a couple hours later than planned due to no fault of theirs. Everything was wrapped and intact upon arrival.

Mover Dudes response
Local or long distance, we are here to help Nate! Everyone at Mover Dudes thanks you for the 5 star review! We're hoping you're settled in and enjoying Texas!

Original review: July 30, 2018

The Mover Dudes moved me in June from Bethlehem PA to Greer SC. It was flawless. After 27 yrs in customer service for a commercial airline I've learned that most people write to complain not to compliment. It's for that reason that I am taking the time to advise that Mover Dudes handled both me and my possessions with respect. They were prompt and careful. I have finally finished unpacking, and can now report that everything made it in one piece. Thank you Mover Dudes, I will be sure to recommend you.

Mover Dudes response
Wow! Flawless! It doesn't get better than that! Thank you so very much Debra for the amazing 5 star review! We truly appreciate you taking the time to let us know just how pleased you were with our services!

Customer Service

Original review: July 26, 2018

I hired Mover Dudes for a local move in south Florida. James was my sales agent and we hit it off right from the start. He assured me the guys would be at my house at 8am and they were. David and crew were amazing! They were very smooth the way they wrapped our furniture. I was very pleased with the crew I tipped them 100.00 a piece. Was very pleased with this company. They will be around for a long time with service like that.

Mover Dudes response
We're so happy to hear you were pleased with our crew from contracted sale to delivery! Our team thanks you so much for the 5 star review Lance! We hope to help you again with your future moves!

Customer Service

Original review: July 17, 2018

We moved from Pennsylvania to Florida and used the Mover Dudes and had a great experience. Amazing workers and very polite. 5 star service all the way and would use them again without a doubt! We had several quotes but felt the most confident with them because they didn't rush us and were very detailed.

Mover Dudes response
Thank you Dawn! We truly appreciate your business and the awesome 5 star review!

Customer Service

Original review: July 11, 2018

I got a card in the mail from Mover Dudes when I was moving. I gave them a call. Steve came out and did an in home survey. He was very helpful and made my wife and I feel at ease about the entire process. He reassured us about how good his men were. He sent David to do our move. He was the foreman. He was very good! His men were like soldiers as they went through the house wrapped all of our furniture. We are going to be moving to Ny in a year. I will definitely give them first shot at doing my next move.

Mover Dudes response
We look forward to helping you on your move to NY Gary! Thank you for the 5 star review!

Customer Service

Original review: July 9, 2018

I was nervous about moving in general because I have had a bad experience before. I have lots of antiques and what I consider heirlooms. James one of the supervisors came to my house for an on-site estimate. He was very friendly and very thorough when writing down all of the items I was taking with me. James reassured me how good the company's movers were and that I would have a great experience. James invited me down to the Mover Dudes office so I could see where my belongings were going to be stored. Right before making my decision I took him up on the offer. By the way, none of the other companies offered me to come down and visit.

I went to the warehouse, me, a lot of the staff, the office was not what I expected a moving company's office to look like. It was very clean and organized. I toured the warehouse, met Roy, the warehouse manager. He explained to me how my items were going to be stored. He pointed out the cameras and sprinklers and the air conditioning system in the warehouse. I met the owner Jason. He guaranteed my move. He told me if I don’t have a great experience don’t pay. I was floored. My choice after my visit was clear. The guys showed up to my house on the day of the move with two trucks, everyone was very polite and they took my belongings into storage and I couldn’t have felt better about how everything happened. I have been in storage for 4 months now. They check in with me every month. I expect there will be no issues when my belongings are returned to me. I will keep you posted!

Mover Dudes response
We love extending the opportunity for our clients to view our offices and our storage facility. On site estimates are offered as well. Anything to set our clients minds at ease, we're here to help! Thank you Dr. Cutler for the awesome review!

Original review: June 22, 2018

I’d like to thank this company for doing a great job on my move. I travel a lot so it was nice to hire movers due to my schedule. The main thing was punctuality which they exceeded. They came and left on time. I would recommend getting the full pack.

Mover Dudes response
You are so very welcome Rick! It's our pleasure, to work for such amazing clients! We look forward to working with you in the future! A huge thanks, from our team for the 5 stars!

Original review: June 22, 2018

I own a chain of tanning salons and I needed to move some equipment from one state to another. Called and spoke to Eric and he assisted me with my move. Guys that showed up were very professional. Driver and his guy were in uniform, explained everything to me and quickly got my equipment on to the truck. 3 days later they showed up just like they said they would and dropped everything off to me. They gave me a great service and have no problem recommending these guys.

Good afternoon Tod!
Mover Dudes thanks you for your business and 5 star review! We love to hear how happy a client was from start to finish! Eric is an awesome sales representative and our moving teams are the best! We all appreciate the stellar review!
Thank you Tod!

Original review: June 22, 2018

My family and I were in need of a dependable moving company for our recent move to Syracuse, NY. After much research to find the right people for the job, we settled on Mover Dudes. From start to finish, what could have been a very stressful experience was actually a breeze! We have done many moves and this has been our favorite company to work with by far. My husband and I were so impressed with the way our move was handled. The staff was very helpful, easy to work with and all our questions were answered quickly and professionally. Our movers were on time, polite, and paid great attention to detail. I would recommend Mover Dudes to anyone looking to make their next move a successful one!

Mover Dudes response
Wow! Thank you so much for wonderful 5 star review Karen! We're thrilled to hear how easy our team made the moving process for you and your family! We appreciate your business. Enjoy NY!

Melissa

Original review: June 21, 2018

Heard about the Moving Dudes from a friend, called them up and Steve talked me through the move, had fair pricing. Move went well, guys showed up on time and let me know when they were close. Got everything done in a timely manner. Overall a good experience. Would use again.

Mover Dudes response
We love customer referrals! Thank you for choosing Moving Dudes Kelsay! We appreciate your business and the 5 star review!

Original review: June 20, 2018

Mover Dudes helped me have an easy moving experience from the phone call until the drop off. Everyone was very respectful and cared about what I needed. Benny called to let me know when they were close, wrapped and padded all of my goods. Handled everything with respect and helped me get situated in my new home. These guys are hands down better than other moving companies I’ve used in the past. Would recommend to a friend.

Mover Dudes response
Thanks Anthony! Moving can be very stressful. We're happy to hear that our crew was able to provide a smooth transition into your new home. Congrats and we thank you for the wonderful review!

Original review: June 20, 2018

Mover Dudes were just what I needed when I had to move quickly from Florida to New York. They made a stressful process a total breeze and we are now happily settled into our new home. From the customer service team to the movers, everyone was friendly and reliable. I sure hope I never have to move again, but if I do they will be my first call.

Mover Dudes response
We're here to help! Thank you for the awesome review Megan! We look for to working with you next time!

Customer Service

Original review: June 19, 2018

Honestly I’ve always been stubborn and moved myself with huge headaches thinking I was saving some money. Until I spoke with Steve at Mover Dudes and he explained the process. I laugh now thinking how hard headed I was. I even fought Steve on letting them move me. Well I stand humbled. Every step of my move was planned for me, and the actual movers were a new level of efficiency. I could have never wrapped my stuff and loaded on a truck as quickly and surgically as these guys. My belongings showed up only a day later and the same guys set up my house just the way it was. I feel like a fool now for Ever Moving myself. I actually think I spent more money moving myself than having these guys move me. Many thanks for opening my eyes. Smarter not harder from now on.

Mover Dudes response
Mover Dudes thanks you for allowing Steve the opportunity to explain how we can make the moving experience a pleasure! No more moving yourself...Thank you Tyler! We truly appreciate your 5 star review!

Customer Service

Original review: June 18, 2018

Moving Dudes moved me from Denver to Florida a few months back. They did a great job very standup company. Their estimate never wavered. It stayed the same throughout the move. My items arrived in the same condition. Courtney was my mover who was from Tennessee and was super polite! I would definitely hire these guys again.

Mover Dudes response
Thank you for taking the time to share your Mover Dudes experience Ronny...we love our clients!
Kind regards'

Customer Service

Original review: June 17, 2018

Best of the best when it comes to movers!!! They wrapped everything to perfection and were on time and professional. I wasn't prepared like I thought I would be and was totally overwhelmed on the day of pickup. When the Moving Dudes crew arrived they had extra materials and helped me finish then loaded and delivered a few days later. I have moved before and have a 5 bedroom home so it is a lot of preparation. I think what impressed me most was how they were not pushy and made sure I had all the information necessary to make the right decision. This company is 5 star and I highly recommend them.

Mover Dudes response
Thank you so much for the amazing review Patricia!
Everyone here at Mover Dudes appreciates you taking the time to let us know how pleased you are with our crew.

Moving Dudes expert review by ConsumerAffairs

This full-service moving company offers long distance and local moving services nationwide. In addition to traditional moving services, they also offer specialty services such as storage and special care moves.

• Military moves: Mover Dudes has civilian and military movers who understand the intricacies of military moves. They can ensure a smooth process.

• Storage services: After you move in, Mover Dudes can take any excess items to a climate-controlled storage facility until you decide you need them. They offer temporary and indefinite storage space.

• Packing and unpacking services: Make your move even easier with Mover Dudes’ packing and unpacking services.

• Flexible and affordable rates: Speak with a moving specialist to make sure you’re getting the services you need at an affordable price.

• Heavy equipment moves: Mover Dudes can move special care items, such as gun safes, loaded file cabinets and heavy equipment.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs