3.5/5 (31 ratings)

About Moving APT

Moving APT is a licensed interstate broker equipped with insured moving teams that aims to move your belongings quickly, safely and securely. Its team of experts has handled interstate moves for more than 10 years and has provided commercial and residential relocation services for more than 500,000 customers.

Pros

• Free quotes
  • Packing services
  • Corporate relocation services

Cons

• Third-party movers

Bottom Line

Moving APT specializes in long-distance moves and connects customers to its nationwide network of professional movers. It offers free online quotes and promises lower prices than what competitors charge.

Top Moving APT Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

On the moving day of the move, they accommodated every request and never made me feel like I was in the way or annoying. They took care to wrap everything carefully and managed to...

Verified

The crew came were amazing! We had a very difficult move to a rural area, and they were so positive and professional about the challenges we faced. They did a great job for me. I ...

Moving APT services

Moving APT secures local and long-distance movers for residential and commercial customers. As a moving broker, the company matches clients with the best fit from its extensive network of third-party service providers. Moving APT only works with U.S. Department of Transportation-registered carriers.

In addition to residential moves and corporate relocation, Moving APT offers the following services through its partners:

• Packing services: Moving APT arranges for trained, professional movers to securely pack all or some of your belongings.
  • Packing materials: You can purchase packing materials through Moving APT's partners. The company offers boxes, antique wrapping, blankets, padding, tape and other supplies.
  • Moving checklists: Work with one of Moving APT’s consultants to complete a checklist for before, during and after your move. The checklist has tips for making moving day go as smoothly as possible.
  • Car shipping: Moving APT vets nationwide car shipping companies to find those with the best protections, pricing and experience.

Moving APT cost

For moving a small two- or three-bedroom home from New York to Miami, Moving APT quotes ranged from $2,100 to $6,900. Quotes for moving a one-bedroom apartment started at $900. These quotes include tolls, taxes, fuel costs and all other fees. Adding extra services like packing, specialty items or storage will increase the overall costs. Don't forget to factor in the tip as well — typically between 15% and 20% for long-distance moves.

Moving APT FAQ

Is Moving APT a carrier or a broker?
Moving APT is a moving broker, not a carrier. This means that Moving APT does not transport possessions, so you won’t see a branded Moving APT truck on moving day. Instead, the company works with a network of nationwide movers and matches customers with one of its partners to perform the move.
How can I be sure I’ll be partnered with a good moving company?
Moving APT only works with movers that are registered with the U.S. Department of Transportation. Upon getting matched with a third-party mover, you can look up the company on the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration website, which includes recent complaints, registration status, USDOT number, fleet information and other relevant company details.
Does Moving APT offer any discounts?
Moving APT works with movers that offer discounts for military personnel, seniors and people with disabilities. If you qualify for any of these discounts, mention it during the quote or consultation process.

Do we recommend Moving APT?

The most important thing to understand about working with Moving APT is that it is a broker, not a carrier. The main advantage of working with a broker is that it gives you access to numerous moving companies through one contact. If you want help navigating an overwhelming moving process and don’t know where to start, Moving APT helps you get organized, choose the right moving company and find the best deal.

Moving APT Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Moving APT?

Original review: April 29, 2022

I called Moving APT and talked to a gentleman by the name of Pete. I checked a couple of other companies, and all the information he gave me, the price and how they operate, I was very satisfied with. When they picked the stuff up, two gentlemen were there. I was very surprised how efficient they were in packing and how fast. In two and a half hours, they had the stuff packed and loaded. When Paul first gave me the price, he asked me how many boxes and totes I’d have, and I told him I wasn’t sure. He figured so many there, and he said if there was more or less, they'd adjust the price. We paid a down payment and the two payments afterwards, and they were pretty close to what they were. It was an excellent experience with Moving APT.

Moving APT response

Thank you so much Jerry! Best wishes in your new home! :)

Get buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 23, 2022

We ended up with Moving APT because of the price. The representative was absolutely wonderful. There were some little additives that had to go on there that he missed, but he was really prompt in calling me and telling me what those were. The pack-up crew was absolutely wonderful and we thoroughly enjoyed them packing everything up. But they could have been a little gentler with our stuff. We had a lot of broken picture frames and glass. The Princess House glasses got broken. But we understood what was going on and we knew the chances so everything's okay.

Moving APT response

Thank you so much for the review, Robert! We are also so sorry to hear that you experienced a damage. If you have not filed a claim for this yet for compensation, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Service Department at 786-528-6086 or at cs@movingservicesteam.com, and we would be happy to help you with this! Thank you again!

Original review: April 21, 2022

My experience went really well. We did the inventory over the phone and the rep explained exactly what was going to happen. The only issue I had was when they did the inspection when they picked up. They said some things weren't on the list and I wound up having to pay a couple 100 bucks more. But overall it was really straightforward. The delivery went great. It's a good service. I recommend them.

Moving APT response

Thank you so much for you review and your recommendation Clint! It is greatly appreciated!

Original review: April 14, 2022

The only inconvenient thing was they said they could take my motorcycle but a day or two before the move, they said they can't take it. They gave me a different service and they gave me my money back for that. It was a little frustrating. We kept calling back and forth about it. It sounded like they were giving me a runaround. But other than that, the people that moved everything in the house were good and very polite.

Moving APT response

Thank you so much for the review Joshua! We do apologize about the motorcycle, but are so happy to hear that everything else went well! Best wishes!

Original review: March 30, 2022

The rep was cool. I gave him my inventory list and he took detailed notes on his end. He quoted me a rough price of $2500 and it was all pretty smooth. On the day of the move, the driver told me that the price was $2400 but that was because I had quoted them stairs but there ended up not having to be stairs. The driver's team wrapped everything up and packed it in the truck, which was excellent. They did a really terrific job.

Moving APT response

Thank you so much for the review Devon! We're so glad to hear that everything went well! :)

Original review: May 2, 2022

Everything got done how it needed to be and how I thought it was gonna be done. The movers were being nice to me and were good people, until after the fact I reconciled my accounts. I don't know if I paid more than I needed to. I ended up paying over $2,000 sent directly to one of the movers and I thought I had already paid everything through the company. I spent well over five grand for that move, and I never should have sent that guy that money. Moving is very stressful, so I didn't have the papers in front of me. I didn't know what was going on. I just told him what he said I owed. He said he couldn't take a check, so I put it directly to his Zelle account with his name. I feel like an old person that got taken advantage of and I don't know even what to do. I don't know who's legit, if Moving APT is the one that has people working for them.

Moving APT response

Thank you for providing feedback on your move with Day & Night Movers of Chicago. We are glad to hear that in general your move went well, and at the same time sorry to hear that you feel there was a discrepancy in their charges. We would be happy to review this for you ourselves if you would like, and have any error found be corrected for you right away. Please feel free to send a copy of your contract with Day & Night Movers to our Customer Service Department at cs@movingservicesteam.com if you would like us to assist you with this and review these charges for you. Thank you.

Original review: April 18, 2022

The packers, whose names I've unfortunately forgotten, were fantastic. I felt very confident that nothing would break or be lost (for the first time in my moving life!), and I was correct! John, who assisted the driver, was outstanding! Very personable, competent, helpful. I would hire him to work for me any day.

Moving APT response

Thank you so much! We truly appreciate your review and you choosing us to assist you with your move! Best wishes! :)

Original review: April 13, 2022

The pickup and delivery went very well. However, there were a lot of hidden costs that the actual company didn't mention. They had never said anything about an extra charge for stairs. I also told them that I couldn't get into the apartment until a certain day. But they had the driver come immediately, so I had to pay an extra day for him because they didn't say anything.

Moving APT response

Thank you for providing us with your feedback, Derek. We are glad to hear that the move went well overall. Our apologies for any confusion... upon reviewing your file, we do see that the fee for the additional labor for stairs was explained prior to your move, and we also see that you received a discount for being available for immediate delivery and not needing storage, which this discount would not have applied if you would not have been ready for immediate delivery. Nonetheless, we are happy to work with you to assist you with these fees. We are having our Customer Service Department reach out to you about this now. For your reference, you may also reach them at 786-528-6086 or at cs@movingservicesteam.com.

Original review: April 11, 2022

They were late picking my stuff up due to a snowstorm, which I understood. But they were supposed to drop it off on the 6th of April and they didn't get there till the 11th. They also charged me $300 extra or they wouldn't unload my stuff. I was supposed to pay 921 and they made me pay 1,221 before they’d even unlock their little trailer. They also didn't come there until 10:30 at night and it's a retirement home. Everyone was sleeping. Then they just threw everything in a shed. The lids were broken. I had three wardrobes and all my clothes were wadded in the bottom of the boxes. It was awful.

Moving APT response

Please note that Moving APT is a booking agent. We were not the customer's movers, nor were we whom the customer is referring to in this review. Nonetheless, we are happy to step in and assist if the customer feels they had any issue with their moving company. Our Customer Service Department has just reached out to the customer in order to help them with any unresolved issue with their movers. If there was a delay and a damage and the customer's moving company has not yet compensated the customer for this, we ask that the customer please get back to us at 786-528-6086 or at cs@movingservicesteam.com so that we may ensure that the customer is compensated for any of these inconveniences. Thank you.

Original review: April 10, 2022

The Moving APT rep I worked with was Thomas. He was a little gruff. He would call me or ask me to call him at weird times. It didn't strike me as the most normal business. But he was nice, helpful and everything worked out. Their documentation of things was not perfect, though. Certain pieces of information were not consistently being passed along. I told every single person in the whole process that there was no elevator at the place where we were moving into and yet, every new person I talked to was like, “We see there's an elevator in the place in Chicago.” I kept saying, “No elevator,” all the way to the point where the physical movers got there on the front end. They were dismayed. One of them was complaining the whole seven and a half hours, it took them to move the stuff into our apartment.

Moving APT response

Thank you for sharing your feedback, Jon. We truly appreciate it, as it only helps us improve. Best wishes!

Moving APT Company Information