3.32/5
Based on 111 reviews that contain star ratings

Discover the right cleaning service for you

113 Molly Maid Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 6, 2017

Molly Maid is fast to answer the phone, friendly and helpful. They arrived on time, were smiling and friendly, clean and professional. They were ready to get to work, no one cancelled and the expectations set were met and even exceeded. I have no complaints at all about the service they provided or the job that was done. The price was higher than I'd have liked, but they did the job very well and took a bit out of the sting. While not the cheapest, the reliability and the overall experience were such that I'd hire them again without hesitation. I have recommended them to many of my friends and family.

Original review: April 5, 2017

I would definitely recommend Molly Maid to anybody in need of in home cleaning help. They are very friendly, accommodating and helpful. I have not had any problems with them at all. I was always happily satisfied with the job done in my home. They were very thorough, on time all the time and very efficient and reliable. Never had a no show and never so much as had to call and ask where they were or when they'd show up. The service was also well, well, well worth the money. Perfect for a busy family that isnt rich but needs some help around the house. I would use them again if the situation arose again.

Original review: April 4, 2017

Molly Maid made me feel like I was their number 1 customer. They were courteous, friendly and professional. They were also always in a good mood, no curt or unfriendly person on any level. Every person I dealt with had a smile that was genuine. They went above and beyond to make me feel comfortable using a cleaning service. They also were on time and did an excellent job in a super timely manner. No laziness whatsoever in any way. The service they provide is impeccable as well. They actually did extra things around my home I have even thought of. The price for the job completed was amazing. I was shocked and pleasantly surprised to get such quality service for such a low cost. I gave them a handsome tip! I'll def call them again in the future.

Original review: April 3, 2017

I felt valued and appreciated with Molly Maids. Their customer service were courteous and friendly and offered valuable information on what they used and did. They told me all the cleaning products they used, their preferred cleaning methods, what they required from me and so much more. It was my first time and I was hesitant but everything looked great. Floors were spotless and no dust to be found on any shelf or book. The place smelled amazing and I would recommend them. You could tell they were consistent and took pride in their work and wanted to make sure you were completely satisfied and happy before they left. They were on time, worked hard and did their job. You get what you pay for and the work was spotless. It was affordable but high quality at the same time. You aren't going to be dissatisfied with what you get and if you are they will make it better.

Original review: April 1, 2017

Hired this company to spring clean my upstair floor. As soon as they walked in they REEKED of smoke. My husband is an ex-smoker and he couldn't take the smell. It was all over their clothes so I asked them if they smoked and they said yes. They went on to remove their jackets but the smell was very strong. I allowed them to begin the cleaning... I thought "Let me just open the windows and it should be fine," but 20 mins into the cleaning my entire floor smelled like smoke including my newborn's nursery. She suffers from breathing issues and asthma. I also have asthma. I told the cleaners that and they just looked at me and said "Did you request a non-smoker cleaner." Really? Isn't the point of cleaning houses is to leave the house freshly smelling clean? I proceeded to call the owner and told her the situation. She asked me how their clean was and to be honest, it was nothing that I couldn't do.

They didn't throw any of the garbage away, they just left it on the floor and clothes on the bed. They didn't even fold the clothes. The owner, Vanessa, didn't apologize but began to harass me asking me what she should do. I asked her what should happen now, and she was silent. I found her completely unhelpful and have never been treated with so much disrespect by any company. Vanessa had told the girls to leave right away. They left without even a word. I only heard them because they threw all their cleaning supplies on our main floor. I ran downstairs and asked what was going on. They were hostile and to be honest a little crazy. I was actually really happy that they left. When I went upstairs to the rooms they were working on, they just left everything incomplete and even messier than before.

I will NEVER use Molly Maid again. I suggest that no one does either. They aren't the cleaning service they once were. They are belligerent, unhelpful, lack good quality customer service. When a company is charging $80 an hour, they should really have a good grasp on customer service and send professionals to come clean customers' homes. The idea is not to leave someone's home smelling i.e cigarettes. IT defeats the entire idea of a spring clean. Please, whatever you do, stay away from this company. They are so many better ones out there, I regret even trying to give this one a chance. Merry Maids, Jet Maid and even Cleanify are amazing! Great customer service and the ladies who come clean are so nice and clean.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Molly Maid?

Original review: March 30, 2017

I arranged an appt for next day. I asked them to call me back just to check if they could advance to yesterday eve and they never returned my call. I found out that construction not finished after hours last night and waited to check when inspection will take place today and just found out that they are coming this afternoon. I immediately cancelled and Paul told me there is a fee of 84 dollars same day cancellation that I was never told about period. I had intended to use their services in future and this was honest circumstance but Laura who I spoke to knows she never told me that and has nerve to tell me that she tells it to every customer. But she didn't say she told me because she knows she didn't. I am concerned that liars can't be trusted for anything and she still plans to charge the card.

Original review: March 29, 2017

Molly Maid was a great service to use and great quality for my time and money. They did a lot of work for the money that was spent and did exactly what they were hired to do in a timely manner. Everything looked beautiful when they left. Their customer service is also a very friendly team that answered all my questions I had. I would highly recommend this service.

Original review: March 28, 2017

Needed help quickly to move out of a home after my partner passed away. Molly Maid was helpful, kind and quick. They couldn't have done a better job and were sensitive to the situation I was in. It was an excellent job, over and above what I needed and expected. Due to the nature of my situation, during the maid’s cleaning time, the owner of the branch came to my house to make sure everything was going smooth. They came before their scheduled time, got right to work and didn't stop until the job was done. They stayed a little bit beyond and didn't charge me extra.

Original review: March 8, 2017

I'm almost 40 years old and have only given one other company in my life a bad review. Sometimes people make mistakes or have a bad day and I believe they need to be given the benefit of the doubt. However, if the "cleaning" my house received was the result of a bad day, the right thing to do would be to reimburse. Molly Maid did not. I hired them to clean my house. They cleaned only the downstairs without bothering to even GO upstairs until my husband happened to come home on his lunch hour as they were leaving and ask why it hadn't been done. They said they had cleaned for the amount of time they were hired to clean. He asked them to at least vacuum the stairway. They did and charged us an extra $26.67 to do so.

I came home from school with less than an hour to dust, wash windows, clean the remaining bathroom and feed my children before guests arrived. Knowing the impossibility of that was why I had hired them in the first place stating then, the square footage of my home and how many rooms and bathrooms I had. I was told it would not take 2 people more than 2 hours to complete the task.

When I called and expressed my complaint, the man who answered told me he would have to have the woman in charge of quality control call me back. She did. I described the problem to her and she asked what I would like done. I said, at very least, I would like to be refunded the $26 just as an apologetic gesture because it wasn't about the money. It was about admitting they had made a mistake. She said she would have to have the owner (the one I talked to the first time) call me back because that was a decision only he could make. He never did. They had my money and that was obviously all they cared about.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2017

They responded very quickly to my request for service and were very professional and friendly. They arrived on time and were finished in the amount of time I was told they would be. The cleaning professionals were very nice and worked efficiently, but went about their job without interfering with anything we were doing. Everything was put back properly, very clean and neat, and nothing was out of place. The job was done quickly and very well. The office billed me correctly and did not keep after me for more service. I was satisfied with the price they quoted me and after I saw how well they cleaned I was very happy to pay what they quoted me. I have heard from friends who have paid more and did not have their place cleaned as well.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2017

Molly Maid did what they said they was going to do. They showed up just about the right time, had all their supplies, they were ready to go to work, were in and out fairly quickly within an hour. They cleaned all the rooms, wash the bathtub and shower, they mop the floor or waxed it, made the beds busted. They were nice and friendly. No negativity. I was satisfied but maybe expected a little more for the money. At over $100 or less than 1 hour it seems a little much to me although I was glad to get the cleaning done it seems a little excessive but those are the days we live in.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2017

I used this service and had no issues whatsoever. They showed up on time and were exceptional people to have at my house. They did what I asked and has no complaints. Very trustworthy. The price for my service was well worth what I asked of them to do. They did an exceptional job and I will call them again come spring when I need my spring cleaning done!!!

Original review: Feb. 8, 2017

I had asked for a certain time and Molly Maids arrived within 10 mins. of the agreed time. However, the cs rep did call and said they got held up in traffic and would be a tad late. Also I had asked for special attention in my family room and downstairs bathroom as I was expecting really important company. Everything was as I expected very clean. I am rather particular however Molly Maids did a better job than even I would have done. I could not see, feel or detect any bit of dust or dirt on anything. They left nothing to clean or for me to have any complaints. They are worth every penny and the money I spent was worth my being able to relax and enjoy my weekend, family and friends. Otherwise I would have spent all of Friday evening and Saturday to do what they did in a few hours. There is no price for that quality time left for me to enjoy with family and friends.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2017

The quality was very good and equally matched to the price so the experience had a value that was acceptable. They did a professional job and it worked out well. They were reliable since they were on time and at the correct destination. I was very pleased with the results of this experience. They were worth the money.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2017

Molly Maid has good and wonderful service. I would definitely recommend them to anyone needing help around their home. I trusted them in my home with no problems ever. They send very friendly wonderful people. They are always on time. If something were to ever come up, they work around your schedule. Just call them and they are happy to help you. I love the value, I stay super busy and although I do like to do certain things myself it definitely pays off to have the extra help from time to time. Very worth it.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2017

Customer service was helpful the whole way, told me everything and answered my questions. They were on time and done when told and did as I was told. They were 100% reliable at all times and I didn't think it was going to be that way. There were no problems and service was done better than I thought it would have been done. The price was very good and no hidden fees or anything. They were just right and still are. I'd use them again if the price was still lower as money is tighter now.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2017

The customer service was very great. They cleaned all the rooms and the whole house for a very reasonable price. They were very courteous and respectful of my home. I liked them a lot. The quality of the experience was very great. The maids were very respectful and they made sure that my home was very taken care of. They were very courteous and very nice. They made great small talk and I enjoyed their visits. They are very reliable and on time.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2016

Very friendly staff. Maid was rather attractive too, which never hurts. She asked what areas we would like her to focus on and paid attention. Very thorough. Price was very reasonable, but I am a little cheap and would always prefer to pay less. Showed up on time and went right to work. They gave a realistic estimate of how long it would take and kept to that estimate and price. Good value for the service provided.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2016

The crew came in and started working right away when arriving at my home. They clean it really well and did a good job and made sure I was satisfied before they left. My home was smelling great. Quality of service was excellent, my home was cleaned in a flash, mopped floors and cleaned oven and also did laundry and washed dishes by hand. House was spotless before they left. They arrived about ten mins late but once they got their cleaning stuff in the house they got started right away and did an awesome job cleaning my home. The value of their cleanliness was awesome, made sure I got exactly what I paid for and clean thoroughly. Home was cleaned top to bottom.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2016

Very friendly, knowledgeable, understood what I wanted, very informative as far as what I was trying to explain and may not know the correct terms - just overall helpful. Very detail-oriented high quality service. Appreciate pointing things out and showing me what I would have missed or when I might have not noticed. They were on time. It didn't take no more no less than what the hours that were told it to me and you did a very good job and will use again. Faber and other Equipment and supply very punctual, detail-oriented. They cleaned everything I said I was going to clean my house. Smell good and for the price that I paid it would have cost the same amount for me to buy my own cleaning supplies.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2016

Very nice people who I could easily be friends with, they not only got the job done quickly but also were willing to talk to you for a few minutes about non job related subjects. I would definitely consider being friends with them. They got the job done in about two hours, which was incredible considering how messy my little cousins are who came to spend the night with me. The mirrors were cleaner than I've ever seen and I swear I could nearly see my reflection in my hardwood flooring. I've left them alone several times to do their cleaning and not once have they stolen or any sort of thing, no matter what the mess is they're quick to clean it as well. This service is very valuable and it's the perfect price. I would definitely without a doubt in my mind recommend it to others. They're kind, reliable, and work quickly.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2016

They did a good job and they were very professional when I talked to them. They did what they said they were going to do. The house was left in one piece and nothing was missing. They were very courteous when I called them on the phone and when I had to have them in my house and home. This company is honest and does good work. This company is very reliable and they do a good job at what they do. They have a good reputation on being honest and responsible because they were both and more. They have a good price. I have talked to people who use cleaning services and I thought it was only rich people. It was very affordable and I think that I will be using this more and more in the near future.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2016

They came with their own cleaning supplies. They got right down to work and skipped nothing. The furniture was polished, garbage was emptied and the entire house looked perfect!!! The quality of their work was fabulous!!! Everything sparkled, especially the furniture. They used the right equipment and the best equipment. The floors looked perfectly clean, not even a piece of lint showed. They arrived on time and were extremely polite and very neat looking. They were extremely friendly and described their service. They got right to it and were very, very fast. The value worth every single penny. They said what they were going to do and they did it to a tee. I will definitely be calling them again.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2016

I was happy they were prompt to arrive at the time they said they would. Two woman who were very efficient and even cleaned some area that I did not expect. They seemed to enjoy their job and were both very hard workers. I thoroughly did an examination of the work after the two plus hours they were there and was completely satisfied. Came very prepared with all the necessary equipment. I have already told my friends about them. Extremely reliable from the time they showed up which was prompt until the completely through job that they did on my home.

I never had to ask them to do anything extra. They got right to work and did not stop until all the cleaning was completed. The Value of the work was impeccable. Everything done from the bathrooms to the kitchen was squeaky clean. I was happy that there was not a thing that I had to go over and redo. I even made a special point of calling the office to let them know my satisfaction with the work that was done.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2016

Fast and efficient. They complied gracefully and answered all questions promptly without a bunch of millennial newspeak to make themselves sound smart. Everything was done better than I requested, they had a great attention to detail and left every room better than they found it. They were faster than I expected and worked hard the whole time they were in my home. They arrived ten minutes early. The billing rate was fair for the time spent in my home and the quality of work performed. I'd totally rehire them in the event I need to again.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2016

Very professional staff. Everything was cleaned very very well. It was worth the cost. They took care of everything. Will definitely use their services in the future. If I could I'd use weekly services. Their reliability level was very high. They came on their scheduled time and were finished in a timely fashion like the professionals they are. There are some more inexpensive companies out there but I'm very happy with them. I feel it was a very reasonable rate for the work they did.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2016

They were very professional and nice. When I called to get a quote on services I was feeling bad after having surgery and felt embarrassed to have people in to clean my house. The person that came into my home was sweet and had me at ease. And put my nervousness to rest. They were fast and the work was fantastic. The person was on time and was extremely effective and efficient. Everything was sparkling clean, done right and professional. This is a service that I would recommend and use again. I liked the services. The people were good and for the price it was not bad. However as consumer, prices could be lower. Overall for the work that was done, it is a price I would pay.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2016

When I called them to set a appointment and see what they charged, the woman was very friendly answered all my questions. They came within 3 days of calling them. They were cleaning 3 hours very good and friendly. I would recommend to any friend, family and they did good job. There is nothing I'm dissatisfied about. They came on time and did a awesome job. I'm very happy using them and would call them again. They did stuff that wasn't even asked to clean. For what I got charged it was worth every penny. I'm so happy they worked hard and got a new customer and possible some of my neighbors are using their service also.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2016

They were very nice and helpful and make your house nice and it's good and stuff like that. I would recommend them to everyone that I know cause they are great and stuff. The quality is good. They provide good service. If you want the premium package it costs more but it's well worth it because it's of the best quality cleaning. They are very reliable. They come, they clean, they leave, then they come again and clean the next tile again and again and again so they are pretty good. Great value for how clean they leave anything. They could polish a ** and it would look amazing. So they have great value for cleaning for a good price.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2016

I've only spoken to very polite people and they're over responsive and they do somewhat good job of cleaning. I was somewhat pleased with how they did their work. Not very reliable, never show up on time and I have to meet when they do. Get the job done cleaning but I wish with my busy schedule that they would show up on time. With the busy schedule in life I don't have time to sit and wait for them to show up. I've use the service two times and both times I were very late. Due to them being late I have decided to use another service which I haven't decided on yet. I prefer promptness.

Molly Maid Company Information