Find a Cleaning Services partner

3. Cleaning Services

3.1/5 (142 ratings)
Find a Cleaning Services partner
Banner image

Looking for cleaning services?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

About Molly Maid

Banner image

Looking for cleaning services?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Molly Maid Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Molly Maid?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Molly Maid?

Original review: Feb. 10, 2020

Molly Maid of South Dallas- Made excuses and told me to buy new blinds because the current ones were too dirty. I wiped them off myself. The 1st time around the charge a full 3 hours but were only there for 2. I had them clean a few areas that I noticed they missed completely. They were very pushy to sign the completion form without a walk-through. Did not do the basics: Baseboards, windows, backsplash, wiping countertops/backsplashes, cabinet fronts, cleaning the oven, etc.

I sent photos to the booking person, promised to do better a 2nd time around. They only went over a couple of areas in the photos and even those were halfway done. IE: Backdoor was filthy & completely missed the 1st time. 2nd they cleaned the glass but didn't even touch the door itself. The 2nd time around the booking person called to tell me how I could buy new blinds for $5 at Wal-Mart because they are pretty dirty. Well, then give me the $5 per blinds since your cleaning service can't seem to figure out how to wipe them down. So Ridiculous. Don't waste your money.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2020

THIEVES! I have hired Molly Maid for a condo cleaning service in Downtown Toronto and was in contact with Marla Milberg. Firstly, what an awful person to deal with - rude, unprofessional, defensive, aggressive and simply shouldn’t be in this business at all! I received 2 ladies who DID NOT wear any uniform as mentioned on the website and they spent at most 45 minutes ‘cleaning’ the place. After they were done they did not offer to do a walk through, nor for me to sign the 'satisfaction sheet’ they mention online. All bathroom faucets were left unpolished, all shiny surfaces left with spots as if wipes with wet cloth. Floor barely cleaned with hair and dust left in corners. Cleaners did not have vacuum and did not bother to use mine (battery left full after they left). They arrived 1.5 hrs late and was a total waste of my time.

After I’ve contacted Marla Milberg to report the issues, she started attacking me and hang up the phone. After I’ve demanded to not be charged and contacted corporate office, Marla Milberg sent me her cleaners back unauthorized by me and they harassed me knocking on my door for 10 min!!!! BUT WORST OF ALL THEY STOLE FROM US!!!! Gold and clothing items disappeared after their visit, which I’ve noticed couple days later. DO NOT EVER HIRE THEM. WHAT A SHAME.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2020

I hired Molly Maids not once but twice to clean my brother's apartment in Ann Arbor. After two cleanings I finally had the chance to go over, some two months later. What I found was more than three inches of solid dust and grime in a large corner of the apartment that they had not even bothered to touch. The cleaning was not superficial or imperfect. It was totally vile and unprofessional. I then called to register a complaint with Molly Maids and was told by a supervisor they will not return to clean the part of the apartment for free, thereby finishing the job they should have done not once but TWICE.

I got the usual half witted run around. "We can't guarantee that isn't dust that accumulated since the prior cleaning." I said, "Why not go have a look? The amount of dust and grime could not have accumulated in two months or two years." They of course refused. I said: "I was planning to use you every month. Do you really want to lose me as a client?" Yes they do apparently. I added, "I am a writer at the University of Michigan and will certainly review you online." Again, no reaction. And so it is. I am writing now. DO NOT USE THEM.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2020

Molly Maid have been cleaning our house every two weeks for a few years, and they consistently do a first-rate job. Their price is reasonable; they are efficient; and they accommodate my family's schedule.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2020

The last 2 out of 3 times I have used them the cleaners have lied about the time they worked. You have to document the hours the woman are there as they will lie about it.

1) A week after my cleaning I randomly got a notification from my credit card that Molly Maids charged me an extra fee. I called molly maids and asked why they charged my card without my consent. They asked to me call me back. They called me and said that the workers were there over my scheduled time and so they were charging me. I said they weren’t and why didn’t they ask me if I wanted more time. Mind you they had come 3 other times and It only takes 1:30 to clean my place. These two cleaners were busy chatting while cleaning so maybe that’s why they needed more time. Next molly maids never called me to discuss this. They just charged my card. I had to argue and finally got my money back. Also, said those woman are not to clean my house again.

2) They came again and this time I scheduled for a deep clean which was 2 hours. This time we timed them. My mom was staying with us for the holidays so she watched them like hawk as I told her what they had did to me. They left after an hour and half. I immediately called them and told the molly maids office that it’s fine they left after an hour half our place is clean but I wanted my money back for the 2 hour I scheduled. They asked if They could call me back. A week goes by no phone call no refund. I call again and they have no clue what I am talking about. I had to argue with them again. I offered to show my phone logs to prove the timeline. After I brought that up they said they would refund me. It’s been almost a week again and still no refund to my card.

They are very shady. They do not hire people that are honorable and actually record their time accurately.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2019

Two maids (Team #6: Rebecca & Patty) from Molly Maid of Sarasota, Manatee & Charlotte County, Florida came to clean an empty apartment of mine on 12/19/19 that I was preparing to rent. Upon "completion" of the cleaning, I had to ask the maids to come back inside to vacuum one room that had visible dust balls on the floor and also had them clean the outside of the refrigerator that had food stains running down the outer door. I failed to check and notice that they didn't clean the outside or inside of the stove/oven at all even though I requested that they do. After the maids left, my husband and I had been walking around the apartment which has brown tile throughout in our white socks (we removed our shoes so we wouldn't get the "clean" floors dirty) and noticed that our socks turned black with dirt from the floors, they obviously weren't mopped.

Additionally, this was a completely empty apartment but these two still managed to steal: half a roll of toilet paper, half empty bottle of hand soap, bathroom drain hair catcher, a sponge and 6 bottles of water. I didn't plan to complain about these items that basically have no value but then we noticed that they had also stolen a brand new $40.00 1 gal. container of professional Ortho Max Home Defense Insecticide w/ wand/prof. applicator and at that point I decided to complain to the company.

No matter the value of the items, it is simply unacceptable to steal at all. If they basically robbed anything that wasn't nailed down out of an empty apartment I can only imagine what these women would steal if they were in my home with all of my possessions, I can only assume that they'd rob me blind. I called and complained to Zach (he claims to be a manager) at the local office. Zach offered the excuse that maybe they thought they had to remove these items from the apartment as part of the cleaning job...seriously? I am in the process of filing a complaint with their corporate offices. I am not requesting anything from the company other than they reprimand these women for stealing and vet and/or train their employees better, particularly when it comes to stealing.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2019

The maids were great but they are dishonest with their pricing. The first and only appointment I was quoted 96 bucks an hour with a 50 dollar discount. At no time was I told there was a 4 dollar fee for credit cards. It happens, we talked about a lot but they claimed I signed a form that I know I didn't because the lady took down my credit card info on a blank piece of paper. She forgot the form. Anyway they are also dishonest with the amount of time they are at your house. I was charged 3 hr but they were late... my appointment was 10am, they pulled up into front of my house at 1020, started cleaning at 1025 and left about 1:04 and that's after I walked the house to see of everything is ok. They were done by 1 pm.

The only issue I had with the cleaning is that floors had puddling in some places that I wiped up once they left. Anyway I called about the refund on Friday and the lady seem told me I needed to call back to speak to the original person who did the walk through, you know the process they can do anything to take your money but you have to jump hoops to receive a refund. Again I think the maids are okay but if I can't trust you and you are going to argue over 4 dollars and cheat on the time card, you can never come back to my house. They had the nerve to call me and cancel my 50 dollar discount, dishonest company. Find someone else for the safety of your family and property.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2019

Cleaning was OK (not great; I would find clumps of dirt under an indoor bike rack following a cleaning), but they stole something I had in a closed box in my house. I can't prove anything, so I have no legal recourse, but I would not trust these people in my house. I tipped well. Why would they steal from me?

Original review: Oct. 25, 2019

I hired Molly Maid location Greenwood IN. I got the worse experience of cleaning. For 3 hours of service they only vacuumed 5 bedrooms and clean 3 bathrooms The way clean my kitchen is just a joke. They used water to clean the kitchen granite. There were some fruits on the island of the kitchen, they didn’t even move those for cleaning. Who clean house with water. I really wanted to post some pics. Don’t not hire Greenwood Molly Maid. You will regret.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2019

I used Molly Maid for several months while I was unable to clean my home after a C section. The girls were already really nice and if I noticed something while they were here they would correct it before leaving. However, several time they had to come back to clean at a discount. Yes rate due to a poor clean the time before that. I spoke to the team leader about the issues and provided photos within a few hours of the girls leaving. They then canceled my cleaning service immediately and said they are not able to clean to my standards... I’m sorry but for the money I was paying them cleaning my toilet is pretty standard I thought???‍♀️ They missed several things all the time and when they were told about it they do not stand by their guarantee. I will not use them or recommend them to anyone looking for more than a quick damp cloth wipe down.

Molly Maid Company Information