Find a Cleaning Services partner

3. Cleaning Services

3.1/5 (142 ratings)
Find a Cleaning Services partner
Banner image

Looking for cleaning services?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

About Molly Maid

Banner image

Looking for cleaning services?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Molly Maid Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Molly Maid?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Molly Maid?

Original review: March 18, 2021

I am fighting cancer so my daughter decided to get me a cleaning service. Molly Maid is the second one we’ve had and I am so very pleased with my teams service, they go out of the way to work around me, I spend most of my time in the family room and they will clean every other room before they do the family room. They are very friendly and very professional and I would recommend them to anyone!

Original review: Nov. 25, 2020

Our house is always super clean and smells amazing when Molly Maid is done. We specifically like Team 15, Kristin and Z. They are super kind ladies and take special requirements. Definitely hire Molly Maid!!

Get buying tips about Cleaning Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2020

We absolutely loved Denicia, Jessica and Connie. I talked to Alex and requested that we have them every time. We are the first appointment on every other Friday. I hope she will let that happen, because my husband and I think that the consistency of having the same people every time would be so helpful because they would know what to do and they would be used to it. I would appreciate if they would do this and confirm that it will happen.

Paula

Original review: Feb. 3, 2021

They take your credit card info and don’t do all the work you pay them to do. Say they saw an insect at your home, even when far from any evidence they did, and leave. Contract you sign with them before they take your money doesn’t give them that right. Spent 50 minutes at my place, used that excuse, and left, even though paid for 90 minutes. All they did was clean bathroom, albeit not any better that I could have done, and half of oven. Didn’t vacuum or do anything else. When complained to Downtown Toronto Molly Maid owner Marla Milberg she said I wasn’t being refunded and when she got tired of seeing perfectly justified emails from me she said, « one more email and I’ll call the police. »

I complained to district head office and Marla Milberg then said she’d give me refund for last half hour of 90 minutes charged if I agreed not to write any reviews. But I have news for her, she has no legal right to stop me from writing these reviews or call police and get restraining order for me writing this. Not within jurisdiction of the police and agreements to not write negative review are not legally binding. So, the bottom line is, don’t use Molly Maid or any other company that demands advance payment or your credit card info in advance, EVER. And don’t ever consider using the services of the DOWNTOWN TORONTO Molly Maid franchise, especially when Marla Milberg is the owner. I managed to get small refund for last half hour, but had to fight very hard. And $110 for 90 minutes is a rip-off, especially given how bad a job they do. Trust me, I know of cleaning ladies you can pay $80 cash to for a few hours of work who do a much better job.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2020

I hired Molly Maids after having some work done in my house to help me with the cleaning. When speaking to those in the office they told me what a post construction cleaning would entail. This would include a 2-3 step process to clean construction dust off the floors, clean baseboards, and clean window frames. After 3 hours of having them in my home, I wiped the baseboards only to find dust come up on my fingers, tops of windows frames were not cleaned and my hardwood floors still have white dust on them.

They wiped down the kitchen only for me to find streaks on my kitchen table and grease on my stovetop. Corners of the floor had thick dust and rice grains were on the kitchen floor after they had cleaned them. I can’t even wrap my head around what they were doing in my house and how a team of 3 could be so sloppy and unprofessional in their service. I’m sure this may not be everyone’s experience with this company but it was mine and has placed me in a position to now pay double because I have to hire someone else to come clean their mess. This should be unacceptable for any cleaning service.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2020

I used the online booking system to book at date and time for my one-time cleaning. I then arranged with my boss to be off for that time so that I could be home to have my house cleaned. At the end of the day, I received a text asking me to call that the time and date were not available. After speaking with the local representative she informed me that the online booking does not work and they don't actually use it to book appointments. This is a poor excuse for customer service. Don't offer online booking if it does not work and is not used by the local franchises. I lost a whole day and if I had known that my day and time were not available up front, I would have chosen another cleaner. I had to cancel my appointment and won't be using Molly Maid in the future.

Resolution response: April 16, 2020

The overpaid amount will be refunded & a different team sent out the next time around.

Original review: April 15, 2020

Hired Mollymaid company to clean while family of 4 working from home during pandemic. Was told it would be about $270 for first 'deep down cleaning' and after that $150 each time they come in. Fabulous. We could do that. I asked how many ladies were coming and for how much per hour. I was told 2 - maybe 3 - each worker $45/hour. So let's do the math. They showed up at 10:00 am. Left at 12:10. 2 hours & 10 minutes. $45 X 3 = $135 per hour. Multiply by 2 hours and 10 minutes - let's make it easy: 2 1/4 hours = $303.75. Ok... Deep down cleaning would be worth it.

I told them I needed windows, baseboards, etc. No inside refrigerator or stove. Just outside. I had to leave and had my daughter finish writing them a check... She was told $350.00! So she wrote out the check and bye-bye cleaners. I come home. Call Mollymaids and was told somebody would get back to me. Almost an hour later... no call. Nada. No one. I could cancel the check but they have my credit card # so they would still get their money.

PO'd, I start looking around. Big ole fingerprints still on the window from my son. Fine. I cleaned it. Counters still had wrings from where the pan from this morning sat. Ugh. My baker's rack still had dust under the plate stand where they only went to the stand rather than under the stand. They only did a half-** job. Not even close to a deep down cleaning that they promised. Not even close. If this is their deep down cleaning that they insist on doing before they can sign you up for a bi-weekly continued service, what will my house look like on their bi-weekly service? Like I just worked overtime again and didn't get to it? **

Original review: Feb. 25, 2020

Team 4 is wonderful! They do fantastic work and are so pleasant to be around! I recommend Molly Maid to anyone who needs cleaning service! They are very professional and easy to deal with. 5 star service!

Original review: Feb. 15, 2020

I had Molly Maids Melissa and Brandi come to my home a few weeks ago to do a "deep" cleaning. And that's just what they did. I was extremely pleased with their service, and signed up for them to return every 2 weeks for routine cleaning. Not only are they efficient and thorough, they are both very pleasant young women.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2020

When I called for service, I had heard good things about Molly Maid. The woman on the phone was polite and happy to arrange an appointment. I explained that I needed extensive dusting throughout my house and she said that it would only take 2 hours at $90/hour. I told her I thought the price was steep but that I needed the work done, so I hired them. When the ladies arrived they were polite. I showed them the house and explained what was needed. They ended up taking 3 hours ($270.00). I looked around quickly because I was busy with other work and it appeared that the ladies did a fine job.

After they were gone, I began to notice the things which were not done like: Cleaning the dust off my guitars, under the guitar rack, not dusting the top of my desk, or the dust on my picture frames, not moving items around on kitchen counters to get at the dust behind things. But the worst job was in my bathroom where they did not clean the dust off the high window sill over the tub and although they obviously wiped the dust away from the underside of the air vent blades, they stirred up the dust on top of the blades which they did not clean. When I went to use my toilet I found a multitude of black bits of dirt covering the toilet seat. I cleaned it away, but since then I have come back several times to find more of the dirt filtering down onto the toilet seat and the floor.

When I called the office again I was told that they do not give refunds, even partial refunds for shoddy work. Instead they offered to send the crew back out to do more work. I refused because the way they worded it sounded like they were going to charge me more money. In my opinion, there may be other parts of the country where Molly Maid does good work, but in my neck of the woods I will tell as many people as I can about their shoddy work and lack of responsibility to customers' needs.

Molly Maid author review by ConsumerAffairs

Business mogul David McKinnon founded Molly Maid in 1984. Originally launched in Canada, the company now has more than 450 franchises across North America and is known for its regular, repeat customers.

• 24-hour guarantee: Customers of Molly Maid can let the company know if they are unhappy with the cleaning service provided within 24 hours. The company will return and re-clean, free of charge.

• Ms. Molly Foundation: The company uses some of its profits to support the victims of domestic violence in various communities.

• Free consultation: To provide an accurate estimate of what cleaning services will cost, Molly Maid sends professionals to homes to do free consultations.

• Scheduling options: Molly Maid offers a variety of scheduling options, including weekly, every other week and monthly cleaning.

• All supplies provided: The company's cleaners bring all the supplies they need to clean a home, no matter how deep a clean is required.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team