3.39/5
Based on 105 reviews that contain star ratings

Discover the right cleaning service for you

107 Molly Maid Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

This dynamic team gave my house a thorough cleaning in a short time. Dakota and Elizabeth made my house sparkle. Friendly and efficient ladies. They called to let me know of their arrival time which is helpful to me. They really worked as a team sharing their duties evenly and with enthusiasm. I am looking forward to their next visit.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

Today, we contacted Molly Maid and advised we are moving out from an old apartment in 100 Graydon Hall Dr. at Toronto and need a thorough cleaning of the 800 square apartment. We advised stains on the appliance and cabinet needs to be removed. The flat was empty and would have been easy to clean. We bought a house and between renovation and travelling from Pickering to Vaughan we had literally no time to spare and hence we thought why not get the professionals. My god this is such a scam. They literally send anyone who is available without any training or commitment! They said should not take more than an hour and charged $90 plus tax and two women to clean and they literally only grumbled for the whole one hour and made no attempt to clean anything!

Trust me when I tell you this. They left the apartment in the same condition and after wasting one hour they had the gall to tell us that more time is needed. Seeing their quality of work we decided to do it by ourselves. This is one my worst consumer experience in Canada. I will not use their service again. Tell people about our experience as much as I could. They came at 2 pm today.

Get expert buying tips about Cleaning Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

On Tuesday 8/21/18 I called Molly Maid and spoke to Tori. I told her I just bought a house and I need it to be cleaned like the Move-In/Out. I asked her if it included windows and she said yes. We set a time for 10:30 am on Monday 8/27/18. On Monday I called customer service around 11am and spoke to Brandi who could not reach anyone in regards to an updated ETA. Finally I received a call and was told they will be there around 1230-1pm. They came through my door at 130 pm despite them saying they were there at 1 pm. They came in and did not acknowledge me or my sister sitting there, instead they spoke Spanish (which I also understand/speak) and debated where to start and decided on going upstairs.

Finally they came down about an hour and a half later to start downstairs. So I went upstairs and checked, and the windows were not completed and they did not dust the ceilings. I asked them to please do those tasks and Veronica told me they do not do windows but Sara went to dust the ceilings after I walked her upstairs to show her the dust. I called Molly Maid and spoke to Brandi who reached out to Sammy (the ladies manager). Sammie said she would call them and let them know to do the windows. I went downstairs and Veronica said, “We have to clean the windows and do whatever you say.” I said, “I just need you to clean the windows” and she asked which ones with an attitude.

Finally she told Sara who pretended to not understand/speak English this interaction with me and they wasted an hour and a half. Afterwards they loitered around a little longer before taking an additional hour to complete the cleaning. Then Veronica said the bill is $373.33, I asked her if she able to provide me with a receipt and she said no and she could not sign anything. I told her I will pay later. Then Sammie called me and I mentioned their behavior, the windows, the loitering, and slow poking around because they were mad about the windows. She said her manager, Claudia would reach out to me the next day.

Today (8/28/18) Claudia reached out to me and told me the price was $411. I told her the same thing I told Sammie and said I was quoted $373.33. I also told her I will not be giving a good review to them or recommending this company. I told her I am not paying $373.33 because they loitered and their attitudes were bad and I am going behind them because I found crackers on the kitchen floor, I offered to send her the picture but she declined. So she mentioned half off the price of $411 and I said half off of $373.33 and she said $187. I feel like that is too much. This is a sorry company that I will not be using or recommending. DO NOT USE THEM FOR ANY SERVICE!!!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

I sent in an email request for a quote for Molly Maid to call back to my home phone. I was away when I sent the request and when I came home less than 2 hrs later, I had received 7 missed phone calls from the same 1-800 number and there wasn't a single voicemail! I had to Google the phone number to find out who it was from, and it led back them! Why wouldn't they leave a voicemail? Why did they call 7 times in a hour and 41 minutes? Their staff is obviously psychotic and there is no way I ever will do business with them!

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

★★★★★ 4 days ago. I needed my mother's apartment clean so I got some estimates. Molly Maid of Amherst were the only ones to come in person and I received a 3 hr time frame for 2 people to clean ($85/hr). I understood it may take longer and I was also told it was more likely to be shorter, so I took it, after all their supervisor viewed the apartment and should know a reasonable time frame, wouldn't you think? Well after 3 hrs, I was told they only had finished the bathroom (a room so small that I doubt two cleaners could have been in it at the same time)... And they had only started in the kitchen which was a mess, (the stove wasn't done, french fries in the micro, etc. So two cleaners in a small bathroom took the bulk of 3 hrs? Perhaps it is their business model to give an estimate to get their feet in the door. I learned a lesson, don't be fooled and I would suggest stay away. Thank you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Molly Maid?

Original review: July 23, 2018

When I called for my first deep cleaning, I stated I needed (and received) a time to occur after I got off work. My cleaners were very late but "padded" their time to make it appear they were only 10 minutes late. Unfortunately, believing they would record the exact time, I did not record the exact time myself, so did not report this to management. When I tried to schedule my follow-up appointment, I was told they could not accommodate my later time slot. Apparently, most customers leave a key so their houses can be cleaned while they are at work. After getting charged for more time than they actually worked, I did not feel comfortable with them being in my house when I am not there. So I paid for a very expensive cleaning and have not been able to use their services again.

Original review: June 28, 2018

Initially I was hesitant about having someone to come and clean our home, but we are planning on selling and needed a deep clean. After completing their "cleaning" the maids left, but upon me reviewing my home I noticed that they had not wiped down cabinet doors nor had they cleaned the blinds on a few of my windows. Most importantly, I noticed discoloration on my walls by the baseboards. I informed my husband and he contacted them only to be given the runaround and then asked to send them pictures. They finally contacted my husband and told him that the maids only used a wet cloth to wipe down the baseboards and not a chemical even though I witnessed them spraying something on my baseboard. They then told my husband that if the paint in our house wasn't satin paint, then this wouldn't be a problem. So, essentially they blamed us for ruining our paint job and now I have to go behind them and fix their mistake! Do NOT use them!

Original review: April 19, 2018

I happen to have a weekly housekeeper but was looking for another option. I had the initial visit and was told, SURPRISE-SURPRISE, that it would take 4-5 hours for a DEEP CLEAN. Ok, fine but I did express to the person that I doubted if 5 hours would be necessary. I get the two women the day of—first of all the company uses subpar products to clean. I’m talking Dollar Tree. 2 people, working side by side instead of splitting up, took 3 hours to clean my upstairs alone. I have 4 bedrooms-only 1 is occupied and another one I didn’t want cleaned. Two bathrooms. I have hardwood floors, no kids or pets, just me and my husband. Then, staff person slipped on the stairs and down comes the bucket of cleaning products. Splash goes the blue liquid against the wall, splash goes some neon green cleaner on my off white carpet.

She says she’s sort of ok. Continues to work. Once again, both women work side by side to clean the small kitchen, vacuum & dust all the while it’s now past 3 hours and the finished basement hasn’t been touched. I called the company to express my frustration and told them I would only pay for 4 hours. The cleaning of the main floor was pathetic, upstairs they used a vacuum and sprayed the hardwood floors—half job. The kitchen was a joke. The next day, a cleaning person came out and practically rubbed a hole in the carpet trying to remove a stain that wouldn’t budge. Now I have to wait for a claims adjuster.

Original review: April 16, 2018

They did not clean or cover half of what they said they would. They cleaned like my daughter used to. If they got it wet, it was clean. If they passed over it, it was clean. The apartment smelled clean before they came. After they left it smelled dirty. Do not use.

Original review: April 13, 2018

After the initial cleaning, which was done rather well I decided to keep them as long term for once a month cleaning. I work as an EMT and I work heavy hours so it's hard to keep up a house by myself. I have Cats and I have just learned that if the litterbox is not freshly cleaned and still has a smell to it the ladies are apparently incapable of doing their jobs as it's 'too much for them to handle'. What a joke. Would not recommend this service.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

When we had Molly Maid in our home to give us a quote... Sales lady went through our entire home and stated it would be a 2 1/2 to 3 hour job MAX! Took our credit card info... They will not provide service without credit card info on file at time of the appt. Came to our house did the cleaning... Stated the job took 5 hours!! They then charged our credit card on file for 5 hours = $500 PLUS... As oppose to 3 hours = $300 that they guaranteed it would take! We contacted the company in regards to the charges and they said, "You are not getting a refund," even though when they initially came to our house they guaranteed 3 HOURS OR LESS!! DO NOT TRUST THIS COMPANY!!! THEY ARE DISHONEST AND WE WILL NEVER USE THEM AGAIN!! They are a well known/name company. Didn't think we would have to worry about being scammed!

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

I agreed to pay for 3 hrs. @ $98 per hr. Was charged 3 and a half hours. They sent 2 women. One spoke no English. The other broken English. They were to clean 2 & a half baths, mop 1 bedroom floor, clean the blinds, clean kitchen stove, fridge, cabinets, counters, and mop floors in kitchen, dining room, living room, & family room, and second fridge in basement... 2300 sq. ft. home. All they got done in 3 & a half hours was 2 & a half baths, stove, and blinds, 5 light fixtures, and kitchen cabinets. I complained and the next day they sent a supervisor & 2 cleaning ladies, the supervisor said it was a poor job & took pictures, they then cleaned what wasn't done and re-cleaned things that weren't right. They still however charged me for 3 and a half hours when I only approved to pay for 3 hrs. I will never use them again and will not recommend to anyone. And I did not get a receipt.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2018

My regular cleaning person was going on vacation for a month, so I hired Molly Maid. Two women were at my home for 3 hours or so and I was charged $300. My cleaning person charges $80 for 4 hours and my house is as clean as what Molly Maids charged $300 for. I don't mind spending the money if I feel I get what I am paying for. For example, the splash guard behind the stove was not cleaned. For $300 dollars I would expect it to be clean. That is only one example, the value simply wasn't there.

I was sent a survey from Molly Maid and I let them know I was not happy with their service. No one ever contacted me, yet I receive regular emails about retaining their services which is why I decided to write this review. I don't want anyone else to get ripped off. You can get the same quality of service for a lot less money. Sorry Molly Maids, you can stop sending me emails, I won't be using your service again. You are way too expensive for the quality of service you provide.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

My house was empty, just needed floors, counters, refrigerator, stove and bathrooms cleaned for 1500 SF. They charged me for 6 hours and I had to go behind them and clean the freezer, sink and my counter. Don’t know what they did for 6 hours of labor but they need to learn how to clean.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

Molly Maid were hired to clean my house every other week on specified day. The initial cleaning is quite expensive and recurring cleanings are a little less. Team came out first cleaning and totally missed fireplace and molding and tile surrounding in family room. The second time I noticed they did not dust picture frames or clean light plates. The 3rd and final time they were supposed to dust and vacuum room and did not even get into room nor did they bother to let me know. Bathtub was not cleaned and bookshelves were not dusted. So why am I paying for house cleaning from Molly Maid? They no longer come out on Day I need (I work full time) and Gerry the supervisor I spoke with was a bit condescending when I phoned to see what we could work out as I have invested a lot of $ into Molly Maid. She was anything but helpful and I am left super frustrated. Would not recommend.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

I hired this company to clean my newly purchased home. The home was completely empty, so I didn't think it would be too difficult to clean. I only had time to do a quick walk through after the service, and the home smelled cleaner and looked fine. However, after closer inspection, it appears very little was done. The blinds are still covered in dust, the cabinet doors were all opened, however the insides were not cleaned. I believe a 'spot clean' was done, however this was not what I was promised when I provided payment of $150.00. I would not recommend this company, as they do not deliver the agreed upon service.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2017

Guildford Molly Maids - When I advised the company my Mum was ill a couple of months ago their complete focus was telling me that I would incur a fee if I cancelled the visit. No kind words or good wishes, even though she's been a customer for a number of years. No apologies when I said they needed to improve their dusting service. There was no apology and the manager was abrupt to say the least.

Three maids instead of two came on their last visit. Having picked them about the dusting on the previous two visits I explained that Mum was at home dying and we wanted them to do their job well including the dusting. They stayed 20 minutes and with TWO room less to do on this visit, they did not dust. I am so angry. No apology when I phoned today and no condolences either when I said Mum had passed. I would never recommend this terrible company.

Original review: July 19, 2017

I just got home from work to find that many jobs were left partially or completely undone. My home is not a large one and the entire family worked hard to clear all surfaces of clutter (too many boxed items in the garage to prove it). Some appliance surfaces cleaned, others left completely dusty or stained with some kind of spray. I was told a "deep cleaning" to the tune of $600+ included walls and baseboards - that didn't happen. The list of undone or uncleaned jobs keeps growing as I review (furniture cushion is never lifted for vacuuming - debris still under them). Mirrors left looking horrible and stair risers left completely dusty (although the carpeting was vacuumed - go figure).

However, the kicker is that the heavy glass doors in the master shower are completely off the rails and left swinging in the breeze. Have tried calling their offices 2x but get a recording so left agitated messages. If this company is able to remedy these "missteps" and learn how to better these experiences I would love to come back here and change my review - so that remains to be seen. One last note: the Deep Cleaning was to take from 5.5 to 6.5 hours - the ladies were so outta here before 5 hours had elapsed but my credit card company is telling me there is a pending charge for the full monty.

Original review: July 6, 2017

I had heard from various people in the community that these two employers don't hire plus size women; I didn't believe the rumors at first, so I decided to find out and surprisingly true. They don't hire plus size women and if they keep this up they are headed for a hefty lawsuit... SMH.

Original review: July 1, 2017

I requested an estimate through Molly Maids website. Surprisingly I was called fairly quickly, however the gentleman on the phone was not pleasant from the very beginning, his tone and words were very belittling. The call lasted less than 3 minutes. Although he was not from my area, he has my address which I would think is good enough to see if there is service for my area... which there is, I see them driving around all the time. He kept asking if I was north or south of a very long road, not even a road I live on. I am not sure which direction the road runs on the map, but I'm more centrally located. He told me they didn't service my area. I affirmed they did. He asked me again, "north or south", I tried to tell him of other major highway that crossed over the street we talking about as a landmark, but he continued to tell me he wasn't from the area. He asked again, "are you north or south of - Street". I repeated myself, I wasn't sure which direction the road ran.

He asked me RUDELY asked again, "north or south", then said, "You know, north, south, east, and west on a map? There is a compass pointing north on the map. North is up. Why don't you go look at a map." Needless to say I then hung up. He had my address and area code, that should be suffice to know if there is service in my area. Gave this 1 star to start the review, it deserves zero stars.

Original review: April 18, 2017

Hired Molly "Maid" in Sparks, Nevada. They did absolutely nothing. Instead, I paid them $300 just so that I could spend hours upon hours cleaning a home we just bought, in addition to one thousand other things occurring. This is a corrupt excuse for a cleaning service. They won't even give us our money back after we provided them pictures of the filth left in the home - you know after they "cleaned". I beg anyone considering to NEVER hire these highly dishonest people and to let everyone else know this as well. You will be exceptionally sorry. No one deserves to experience this and have $300 taken from them in addition to this.

Original review: April 11, 2017

I will definitely use Molly Maid again. They were very considerate and professional and also very detailed and assuring of their work. They give me a time they would arrive, and they kept their word. I got the professional cleaning that they promised. The employees were also friendly and very neat. They take great pride in what they do. I felt very comfortable having them in my house. I had used other companies in the past and none compared to this one. I was very impressed with the outcome. I could not be more satisfied. I didn't think I could afford a cleaning service but they were affordable.

Original review: April 9, 2017

The maids were very professional, thorough, polite and friendly. They showed up on time and in a professional manner. They also did a great job. Items in my home were cleaned and put back in place. All areas were cleaned thoroughly and correctly. I was pleasantly surprised how clean everything was and the house didn't smell like a chemical farm. The time estimates were very accurate as well. Molly Maid’s support team contacted us to follow up and make sure we were satisfied. The cost was worth it as my time is limited and not having to do these chores is a great value. I wasn't shocked when I got the estimated costs and that is always a good start.

Original review: April 7, 2017

I was in need of a weekly cleaning service while I studied for my PhD & I called Molly Maid. It was recommended by my neighbor. The maid arrived early with her cleaning materials & supplies. She asked me if she could assist me with anything particularly. I said, “certainly” & off she went dusting, cleaning & wiping. My service was very helpful and even cleaned my windows without asking. My floors were vacuumed & cleaned. My home was spotless. The value I received for my money was even more. They were very professional & trustworthy. I got more than I paid for & I recommend you use their service.

Original review: April 6, 2017

Molly Maid is fast to answer the phone, friendly and helpful. They arrived on time, were smiling and friendly, clean and professional. They were ready to get to work, no one cancelled and the expectations set were met and even exceeded. I have no complaints at all about the service they provided or the job that was done. The price was higher than I'd have liked, but they did the job very well and took a bit out of the sting. While not the cheapest, the reliability and the overall experience were such that I'd hire them again without hesitation. I have recommended them to many of my friends and family.

Original review: April 5, 2017

I would definitely recommend Molly Maid to anybody in need of in home cleaning help. They are very friendly, accommodating and helpful. I have not had any problems with them at all. I was always happily satisfied with the job done in my home. They were very thorough, on time all the time and very efficient and reliable. Never had a no show and never so much as had to call and ask where they were or when they'd show up. The service was also well, well, well worth the money. Perfect for a busy family that isnt rich but needs some help around the house. I would use them again if the situation arose again.

Original review: April 4, 2017

Molly Maid made me feel like I was their number 1 customer. They were courteous, friendly and professional. They were also always in a good mood, no curt or unfriendly person on any level. Every person I dealt with had a smile that was genuine. They went above and beyond to make me feel comfortable using a cleaning service. They also were on time and did an excellent job in a super timely manner. No laziness whatsoever in any way. The service they provide is impeccable as well. They actually did extra things around my home I have even thought of. The price for the job completed was amazing. I was shocked and pleasantly surprised to get such quality service for such a low cost. I gave them a handsome tip! I'll def call them again in the future.

Original review: April 3, 2017

I felt valued and appreciated with Molly Maids. Their customer service were courteous and friendly and offered valuable information on what they used and did. They told me all the cleaning products they used, their preferred cleaning methods, what they required from me and so much more. It was my first time and I was hesitant but everything looked great. Floors were spotless and no dust to be found on any shelf or book. The place smelled amazing and I would recommend them. You could tell they were consistent and took pride in their work and wanted to make sure you were completely satisfied and happy before they left. They were on time, worked hard and did their job. You get what you pay for and the work was spotless. It was affordable but high quality at the same time. You aren't going to be dissatisfied with what you get and if you are they will make it better.

Original review: April 1, 2017

Hired this company to spring clean my upstair floor. As soon as they walked in they REEKED of smoke. My husband is an ex-smoker and he couldn't take the smell. It was all over their clothes so I asked them if they smoked and they said yes. They went on to remove their jackets but the smell was very strong. I allowed them to begin the cleaning... I thought "Let me just open the windows and it should be fine," but 20 mins into the cleaning my entire floor smelled like smoke including my newborn's nursery. She suffers from breathing issues and asthma. I also have asthma. I told the cleaners that and they just looked at me and said "Did you request a non-smoker cleaner." Really? Isn't the point of cleaning houses is to leave the house freshly smelling clean? I proceeded to call the owner and told her the situation. She asked me how their clean was and to be honest, it was nothing that I couldn't do.

They didn't throw any of the garbage away, they just left it on the floor and clothes on the bed. They didn't even fold the clothes. The owner, Vanessa, didn't apologize but began to harass me asking me what she should do. I asked her what should happen now, and she was silent. I found her completely unhelpful and have never been treated with so much disrespect by any company. Vanessa had told the girls to leave right away. They left without even a word. I only heard them because they threw all their cleaning supplies on our main floor. I ran downstairs and asked what was going on. They were hostile and to be honest a little crazy. I was actually really happy that they left. When I went upstairs to the rooms they were working on, they just left everything incomplete and even messier than before.

I will NEVER use Molly Maid again. I suggest that no one does either. They aren't the cleaning service they once were. They are belligerent, unhelpful, lack good quality customer service. When a company is charging $80 an hour, they should really have a good grasp on customer service and send professionals to come clean customers' homes. The idea is not to leave someone's home smelling i.e cigarettes. IT defeats the entire idea of a spring clean. Please, whatever you do, stay away from this company. They are so many better ones out there, I regret even trying to give this one a chance. Merry Maids, Jet Maid and even Cleanify are amazing! Great customer service and the ladies who come clean are so nice and clean.

Original review: March 30, 2017

I arranged an appt for next day. I asked them to call me back just to check if they could advance to yesterday eve and they never returned my call. I found out that construction not finished after hours last night and waited to check when inspection will take place today and just found out that they are coming this afternoon. I immediately cancelled and Paul told me there is a fee of 84 dollars same day cancellation that I was never told about period. I had intended to use their services in future and this was honest circumstance but Laura who I spoke to knows she never told me that and has nerve to tell me that she tells it to every customer. But she didn't say she told me because she knows she didn't. I am concerned that liars can't be trusted for anything and she still plans to charge the card.

Molly Maid expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Business mogul David McKinnon founded Molly Maid in 1984. Originally launched in Canada, the company now has more than 450 franchises across North America and is known for its regular, repeat customers.

• 24-hour guarantee: Customers of Molly Maid can let the company know if they are unhappy with the cleaning service provided within 24 hours. The company will return and re-clean, free of charge.

• Ms. Molly Foundation: The company uses some of its profits to support the victims of domestic violence in various communities.

• Free consultation: To provide an accurate estimate of what cleaning services will cost, Molly Maid sends professionals to homes to do free consultations.

• Scheduling options: Molly Maid offers a variety of scheduling options, including weekly, every other week and monthly cleaning.

• All supplies provided: The company's cleaners bring all the supplies they need to clean a home, no matter how deep a clean is required.

• Best for: Homeowners who are looking to establish a regular cleaning routine with a professional company.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs