Molly Maid

Compare Cleaning Services

Research top Cleaning Services recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I hired this company to clean my newly purchased home. The home was completely empty, so I didn't think it would be too difficult to clean. I only had time to do a quick walk through after the service, and the home smelled cleaner and looked fine. However, after closer inspection, it appears very little was done. The blinds are still covered in dust, the cabinet doors were all opened, however the insides were not cleaned. I believe a 'spot clean' was done, however this was not what I was promised when I provided payment of $150.00. I would not recommend this company, as they do not deliver the agreed upon service.

Guildford Molly Maids - When I advised the company my Mum was ill a couple of months ago their complete focus was telling me that I would incur a fee if I cancelled the visit. No kind words or good wishes, even though she's been a customer for a number of years. No apologies when I said they needed to improve their dusting service. There was no apology and the manager was abrupt to say the least.

Three maids instead of two came on their last visit. Having picked them about the dusting on the previous two visits I explained that Mum was at home dying and we wanted them to do their job well including the dusting. They stayed 20 minutes and with TWO room less to do on this visit, they did not dust. I am so angry. No apology when I phoned today and no condolences either when I said Mum had passed. I would never recommend this terrible company.

I just got home from work to find that many jobs were left partially or completely undone. My home is not a large one and the entire family worked hard to clear all surfaces of clutter (too many boxed items in the garage to prove it). Some appliance surfaces cleaned, others left completely dusty or stained with some kind of spray. I was told a "deep cleaning" to the tune of $600+ included walls and baseboards - that didn't happen. The list of undone or uncleaned jobs keeps growing as I review (furniture cushion is never lifted for vacuuming - debris still under them). Mirrors left looking horrible and stair risers left completely dusty (although the carpeting was vacuumed - go figure).

However, the kicker is that the heavy glass doors in the master shower are completely off the rails and left swinging in the breeze. Have tried calling their offices 2x but get a recording so left agitated messages. If this company is able to remedy these "missteps" and learn how to better these experiences I would love to come back here and change my review - so that remains to be seen. One last note: the Deep Cleaning was to take from 5.5 to 6.5 hours - the ladies were so outta here before 5 hours had elapsed but my credit card company is telling me there is a pending charge for the full monty.

I had heard from various people in the community that these two employers don't hire plus size women; I didn't believe the rumors at first, so I decided to find out and surprisingly true. They don't hire plus size women and if they keep this up they are headed for a hefty lawsuit... SMH.

I requested an estimate through Molly Maids website. Surprisingly I was called fairly quickly, however the gentleman on the phone was not pleasant from the very beginning, his tone and words were very belittling. The call lasted less than 3 minutes. Although he was not from my area, he has my address which I would think is good enough to see if there is service for my area... which there is, I see them driving around all the time. He kept asking if I was north or south of a very long road, not even a road I live on. I am not sure which direction the road runs on the map, but I'm more centrally located. He told me they didn't service my area. I affirmed they did. He asked me again, "north or south", I tried to tell him of other major highway that crossed over the street we talking about as a landmark, but he continued to tell me he wasn't from the area. He asked again, "are you north or south of - Street". I repeated myself, I wasn't sure which direction the road ran.

He asked me RUDELY asked again, "north or south", then said, "You know, north, south, east, and west on a map? There is a compass pointing north on the map. North is up. Why don't you go look at a map." Needless to say I then hung up. He had my address and area code, that should be suffice to know if there is service in my area. Gave this 1 star to start the review, it deserves zero stars.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Molly Maid?

Hired Molly "Maid" in Sparks, Nevada. They did absolutely nothing. Instead, I paid them $300 just so that I could spend hours upon hours cleaning a home we just bought, in addition to one thousand other things occurring. This is a corrupt excuse for a cleaning service. They won't even give us our money back after we provided them pictures of the filth left in the home - you know after they "cleaned". I beg anyone considering to NEVER hire these highly dishonest people and to let everyone else know this as well. You will be exceptionally sorry. No one deserves to experience this and have $300 taken from them in addition to this.

I will definitely use Molly Maid again. They were very considerate and professional and also very detailed and assuring of their work. They give me a time they would arrive, and they kept their word. I got the professional cleaning that they promised. The employees were also friendly and very neat. They take great pride in what they do. I felt very comfortable having them in my house. I had used other companies in the past and none compared to this one. I was very impressed with the outcome. I also thought that their fee was very fair. I could not be more satisfied. The work and price was very good, they should be proud. I didn't think I could afford a cleaning service but they were affordable.

The maids were very professional, thorough, polite and friendly. They showed up on time and in a professional manner. They also did a great job. Items in my home were cleaned and put back in place. All areas were cleaned thoroughly and correctly. I was pleasantly surprised how clean everything was and the house didn't smell like a chemical farm. The time estimates were very accurate as well. Molly Maid’s support team contacted us to follow up and make sure we were satisfied. The cost was worth it as my time is limited and not having to do these chores is a great value. I wasn't shocked when I got the estimated costs and that is always a good start.

I was in need of a weekly cleaning service while I studied for my PhD & I called Molly Maid. It was recommended by my neighbor. The maid arrived early with her cleaning materials & supplies. She asked me if she could assist me with anything particularly. I said, “certainly” & off she went dusting, cleaning & wiping. My service was very helpful and even cleaned my windows without asking. My floors were vacuumed & cleaned. My home was spotless. The value I received for my money was even more. They were very professional & trustworthy. I got more than I paid for & I recommend you use their service.

Molly Maid is fast to answer the phone, friendly and helpful. They arrived on time, were smiling and friendly, clean and professional. They were ready to get to work, no one cancelled and the expectations set were met and even exceeded. I have no complaints at all about the service they provided or the job that was done. The price was higher than I'd have liked, but they did the job very well and took a bit out of the sting. While not the cheapest, the reliability and the overall experience were such that I'd hire them again without hesitation. I have recommended them to many of my friends and family.

I would definitely recommend Molly Maid to anybody in need of in home cleaning help. They are very friendly, accommodating and helpful. I have not had any problems with them at all. I was always happily satisfied with the job done in my home. They were very thorough, on time all the time and very efficient and reliable. Never had a no show and never so much as had to call and ask where they were or when they'd show up. The service was also well, well, well worth the money. Perfect for a busy family that isnt rich but needs some help around the house. I would use them again if the situation arose again.

Molly Maid made me feel like I was their number 1 customer. They were courteous, friendly and professional. They were also always in a good mood, no curt or unfriendly person on any level. Every person I dealt with had a smile that was genuine. They went above and beyond to make me feel comfortable using a cleaning service. They also were on time and did an excellent job in a super timely manner. No laziness whatsoever in any way. The service they provide is impeccable as well. They actually did extra things around my home I have even thought of. The price for the job completed was amazing. I was shocked and pleasantly surprised to get such quality service for such a low cost. I gave them a handsome tip! I'll def call them again in the future.

I felt valued and appreciated with Molly Maids. Their customer service were courteous and friendly and offered valuable information on what they used and did. They told me all the cleaning products they used, their preferred cleaning methods, what they required from me and so much more. It was my first time and I was hesitant but everything looked great. Floors were spotless and no dust to be found on any shelf or book. The place smelled amazing and I would recommend them. You could tell they were consistent and took pride in their work and wanted to make sure you were completely satisfied and happy before they left. They were on time, worked hard and did their job. You get what you pay for and the work was spotless. It was affordable but high quality at the same time. You aren't going to be dissatisfied with what you get and if you are they will make it better.

Hired this company to spring clean my upstair floor. As soon as they walked in they REEKED of smoke. My husband is an ex-smoker and he couldn't take the smell. It was all over their clothes so I asked them if they smoked and they said yes. They went on to remove their jackets but the smell was very strong. I allowed them to begin the cleaning... I thought "Let me just open the windows and it should be fine," but 20 mins into the cleaning my entire floor smelled like smoke including my newborn's nursery. She suffers from breathing issues and asthma. I also have asthma. I told the cleaners that and they just looked at me and said "Did you request a non-smoker cleaner." Really? Isn't the point of cleaning houses is to leave the house freshly smelling clean? I proceeded to call the owner and told her the situation. She asked me how their clean was and to be honest, it was nothing that I couldn't do.

They didn't throw any of the garbage away, they just left it on the floor and clothes on the bed. They didn't even fold the clothes. The owner, Vanessa, didn't apologize but began to harass me asking me what she should do. I asked her what should happen now, and she was silent. I found her completely unhelpful and have never been treated with so much disrespect by any company. Vanessa had told the girls to leave right away. They left without even a word. I only heard them because they threw all their cleaning supplies on our main floor. I ran downstairs and asked what was going on. They were hostile and to be honest a little crazy. I was actually really happy that they left. When I went upstairs to the rooms they were working on, they just left everything incomplete and even messier than before.

I will NEVER use Molly Maid again. I suggest that no one does either. They aren't the cleaning service they once were. They are belligerent, unhelpful, lack good quality customer service. When a company is charging $80 an hour, they should really have a good grasp on customer service and send professionals to come clean customers' homes. The idea is not to leave someone's home smelling i.e cigarettes. IT defeats the entire idea of a spring clean. Please, whatever you do, stay away from this company. They are so many better ones out there, I regret even trying to give this one a chance. Merry Maids, Jet Maid and even Cleanify are amazing! Great customer service and the ladies who come clean are so nice and clean.

I arranged an appt for next day. I asked them to call me back just to check if they could advance to yesterday eve and they never returned my call. I found out that construction not finished after hours last night and waited to check when inspection will take place today and just found out that they are coming this afternoon. I immediately cancelled and Paul told me there is a fee of 84 dollars same day cancellation that I was never told about period. I had intended to use their services in future and this was honest circumstance but Laura who I spoke to knows she never told me that and has nerve to tell me that she tells it to every customer. But she didn't say she told me because she knows she didn't. I am concerned that liars can't be trusted for anything and she still plans to charge the card.

Molly Maid was a great service to use and great quality for my time and money. They did a lot of work for the money that was spent and did exactly what they were hired to do in a timely manner. Everything looked beautiful when they left. Their customer service is also a very friendly team that answered all my questions I had. I would highly recommend this service.

Needed help quickly to move out of a home after my partner passed away. Molly Maid was helpful, kind and quick. They couldn't have done a better job and were sensitive to the situation I was in. It was an excellent job, over and above what I needed and expected. Due to the nature of my situation, during the maid’s cleaning time, the owner of the branch came to my house to make sure everything was going smooth. They came before their scheduled time, got right to work and didn't stop until the job was done. They stayed a little bit beyond and didn't charge me extra.

I'm almost 40 years old and have only given one other company in my life a bad review. Sometimes people make mistakes or have a bad day and I believe they need to be given the benefit of the doubt. However, if the "cleaning" my house received was the result of a bad day, the right thing to do would be to reimburse. Molly Maid did not. I hired them to clean my house. They cleaned only the downstairs without bothering to even GO upstairs until my husband happened to come home on his lunch hour as they were leaving and ask why it hadn't been done. They said they had cleaned for the amount of time they were hired to clean. He asked them to at least vacuum the stairway. They did and charged us an extra $26.67 to do so.

I came home from school with less than an hour to dust, wash windows, clean the remaining bathroom and feed my children before guests arrived. Knowing the impossibility of that was why I had hired them in the first place stating then, the square footage of my home and how many rooms and bathrooms I had. I was told it would not take 2 people more than 2 hours to complete the task.

When I called and expressed my complaint, the man who answered told me he would have to have the woman in charge of quality control call me back. She did. I described the problem to her and she asked what I would like done. I said, at very least, I would like to be refunded the $26 just as an apologetic gesture because it wasn't about the money. It was about admitting they had made a mistake. She said she would have to have the owner (the one I talked to the first time) call me back because that was a decision only he could make. He never did. They had my money and that was obviously all they cared about.

They responded very quickly to my request for service and were very professional and friendly. They arrived on time and were finished in the amount of time I was told they would be. The cleaning professionals were very nice and worked efficiently, but went about their job without interfering with anything we were doing. Everything was put back properly, very clean and neat, and nothing was out of place. The job was done quickly and very well. The office billed me correctly and did not keep after me for more service. I was satisfied with the price they quoted me and after I saw how well they cleaned I was very happy to pay what they quoted me. I have heard from friends who have paid more and did not have their place cleaned as well.

Molly Maid did what they said they was going to do. They showed up just about the right time, had all their supplies, they were ready to go to work, were in and out fairly quickly within an hour. They cleaned all the rooms, wash the bathtub and shower, they mop the floor or waxed it, made the beds busted. They were nice and friendly. No negativity. I was satisfied but maybe expected a little more for the money. At over $100 or less than 1 hour it seems a little much to me although I was glad to get the cleaning done it seems a little excessive but those are the days we live in.

I used this service and had no issues whatsoever. They showed up on time and were exceptional people to have at my house. They did what I asked and has no complaints. Very trustworthy. The price for my service was well worth what I asked of them to do. They did an exceptional job and I will call them again come spring when I need my spring cleaning done!!!

I had asked for a certain time and Molly Maids arrived within 10 mins. of the agreed time. However, the cs rep did call and said they got held up in traffic and would be a tad late. Also I had asked for special attention in my family room and downstairs bathroom as I was expecting really important company. Everything was as I expected very clean. I am rather particular however Molly Maids did a better job than even I would have done. I could not see, feel or detect any bit of dust or dirt on anything. They left nothing to clean or for me to have any complaints. They are worth every penny and the money I spent was worth my being able to relax and enjoy my weekend, family and friends. Otherwise I would have spent all of Friday evening and Saturday to do what they did in a few hours. There is no price for that quality time left for me to enjoy with family and friends.

The quality was very good and equally matched to the price so the experience had a value that was acceptable. They did a professional job and it worked out well. They were reliable since they were on time and at the correct destination. I was very pleased with the results of this experience. They were worth the money.

Molly Maid has good and wonderful service. I would definitely recommend them to anyone needing help around their home. I trusted them in my home with no problems ever. They send very friendly wonderful people. They are always on time. If something were to ever come up, they work around your schedule. Just call them and they are happy to help you. I love the value, I stay super busy and although I do like to do certain things myself it definitely pays off to have the extra help from time to time. Very worth it.

Customer service was helpful the whole way, told me everything and answered my questions. They were on time and done when told and did as I was told. They were 100% reliable at all times and I didn't think it was going to be that way. There were no problems and service was done better than I thought it would have been done. The price was very good and no hidden fees or anything. They were just right and still are. I'd use them again if the price was still lower as money is tighter now.

The customer service was very great. They cleaned all the rooms and the whole house for a very reasonable price. They were very courteous and respectful of my home. I liked them a lot. The quality of the experience was very great. The maids were very respectful and they made sure that my home was very taken care of. They were very courteous and very nice. They made great small talk and I enjoyed their visits. They are very reliable and on time.

Very friendly staff. Maid was rather attractive too, which never hurts. She asked what areas we would like her to focus on and paid attention. Very thorough. Price was very reasonable, but I am a little cheap and would always prefer to pay less. Showed up on time and went right to work. They gave a realistic estimate of how long it would take and kept to that estimate and price. Good value for the service provided.

The crew came in and started working right away when arriving at my home. They clean it really well and did a good job and made sure I was satisfied before they left. My home was smelling great. Quality of service was excellent, my home was cleaned in a flash, mopped floors and cleaned oven and also did laundry and washed dishes by hand. House was spotless before they left. They arrived about ten mins late but once they got their cleaning stuff in the house they got started right away and did an awesome job cleaning my home. The value of their cleanliness was awesome, made sure I got exactly what I paid for and clean thoroughly. Home was cleaned top to bottom.

Very friendly, knowledgeable, understood what I wanted, very informative as far as what I was trying to explain and may not know the correct terms - just overall helpful. Very detail-oriented high quality service. Appreciate pointing things out and showing me what I would have missed or when I might have not noticed. They were on time. It didn't take no more no less than what the hours that were told it to me and you did a very good job and will use again. Faber and other Equipment and supply very punctual, detail-oriented. They cleaned everything I said I was going to clean my house. Smell good and for the price that I paid it would have cost the same amount for me to buy my own cleaning supplies.

Very nice people who I could easily be friends with, they not only got the job done quickly but also were willing to talk to you for a few minutes about non job related subjects. I would definitely consider being friends with them. They got the job done in about two hours, which was incredible considering how messy my little cousins are who came to spend the night with me. The mirrors were cleaner than I've ever seen and I swear I could nearly see my reflection in my hardwood flooring. I've left them alone several times to do their cleaning and not once have they stolen or any sort of thing, no matter what the mess is they're quick to clean it as well. This service is very valuable and it's the perfect price. I would definitely without a doubt in my mind recommend it to others. They're kind, reliable, and work quickly.

Compare Cleaning Services