2. Homeowners
  3. Flooring
Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.96/5

Mohawk manufactures and sells a full range of carpet, hardwood, vinyl wood-look and tile flooring. Mohawk carpeting is available in more than 300 colors and styles, with options for stain-resistant, wear-resistant or both. The company’s All Pet Protection and Warranty is available on many of its products, including SmartStrand carpet, RevWood Plus and SolidTech vinyl. All Pet Plus adds scratch resistance. You can order samples directly from the company online.

Mohawk Flooring Gallery (6)

BOTTOM LINE

Mohawk flooring comes in a comprehensive range of materials, styles and colors. Eco-friendly options, pet stain-resistant carpet, durable waterproof laminate and affordable hardwood set this company apart.

PROS

• Extensive selection
  • Eco-friendly options
  • Pet stain-resistant carpet
  • Comprehensive warranties

CONS

• Installation not included in price
  • Only available from certain retailers

Top Mohawk Flooring Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mohawk Flooring?

Mohawk Flooring gave me the advice that I needed on what to look for in a carpet before ordering… The installation was super great. It was installed in the living room and two bedrooms and was done all in one day. They were very efficient and quick. ... I'm very happy and satisfied with it.

I got carpet through Mohawk Flooring for my living room. I had a good experience during installation. Plus, I like the quality of the carpet that was put in. It was thick. Last year, I had my sister put in carpet with the same company.

What is Mohawk Flooring?

Mohawk offers multiple flooring options, including carpet, wood and vinyl. One of Mohawk’s most popular items is its SmartStrand Forever Clean carpet, which resists moisture and fading and comes with a pet stain warranty. Mohawk’s other carpet lines include:

• EverStrand is Mohawk’s recycled line and is made from 100% recycled materials. It has an odor-resistant feature.
  • UltraStrand is Mohawk’s line of nylon products that are designed for extra softness.
  • Air.O is Mohawk’s hypoallergenic line. This carpet is free of volatile organic compounds (VOC) and provides better airflow to release dust when vacuuming.
  • ColorMax is designed with vivid and rich colors that coordinate with tile and wood styles.

Mohawk's wood flooring options include RevWood (Plus and Select), SolidWood and TecWood lines. You can shop its wood flooring by color or installation method. Features of each product line include:

• RevWood comes in more than 30 colors and is scratch resistant and waterproof. It includes an All Pet Protection option.
  • SolidWood planks are designed from domestic and exotic hardwoods. They come in walnut, oak, maple or hickory.
  • TecWood is a low-maintenance flooring option designed to resist contraction and expansion from humidity.

Mohawk also offers vinyl and tile flooring options on its website.

Mohawk carpet pricing

Mohawk natural hardwood flooring typically starts at about $4 per square foot, and carpeting ranges from 55 cents to around $9 per square foot. Vinyl wood-look flooring prices range from $2 to $4 per square foot.

Depending on the retailer you purchase from, you may have to pay an additional installation fee. Financing may be available for qualified customers at participating retailers. Before committing to work with a company, make sure you ask about additional installation fees and financing options.

Mohawk Flooring FAQ

Is Mohawk vinyl plank flooring good?
Mohawk vinyl plank flooring is waterproof and resists heat and sunlight. It’s also easy to install, affordable and available in tile, plank or sheet formats in a wide variety of colors and styles. The company’s vinyl plank flooring comes with a warranty.
How do you care for a Mohawk laminate floor?
Pick up heavy items when moving to avoid scratching, and clean with a soft bristle broom and mop. Shoe scuffs wipe off easily.
Where is Mohawk Flooring made?
Mohawk flooring materials come from various sources, and all products are assembled in the U.S.
How much is Mohawk vinyl plank flooring?
Mohawk vinyl plank flooring is about $2 to $4 per square foot. Prices vary by retailer and product line.

Is Mohawk Flooring good?

Consumers looking for a one-stop shop that showcases a wide range of materials, styles and colors in one place will appreciate the variety of products available from Mohawk. From affordable laminate styles to luxury silk-like carpeting, Mohawk Flooring offers options for all budgets. For families with pets, Mohawk offers an All Pet Protection and Warranty plan on some of its carpet and laminate materials. The company’s flooring is designed for durability and easy cleaning, but Mohawk Flooring does not install flooring or sell its products directly online.

Mohawk Flooring Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mohawk Flooring?

Original review: May 14, 2020

We wanted to try to seek out some local business support so we went to one of our local places called Fred's Flooring. They showed us exactly what we were looking for in the Mohawk carpet. Fred's Flooring is really great. Their installers were just in and out and they knew what they were doing. They didn't speak much English but they were hard workers. They got it all done and they cleaned up well. I can't say enough about Fred's Flooring and their tremendous representative of Mohawk Flooring. We had three bedrooms and a big bonus room done. It was about 104 square yards. It's mostly in our whole upstairs. It looks nice and it's really comfortable. We know we got a thick pad. My wife is highly satisfied and she loves it, so I love it.

Get buying tips about Flooring delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 12, 2020

Mohawk Flooring gave me the advice that I needed on what to look for in a carpet before ordering. I had special needs and not just any old carpet would work. The installation was super great. It was installed in the living room and two bedrooms and was done all in one day. They were very efficient and quick. The carpet is very nice and pretty. I'm very happy and satisfied with it.

Original review: May 7, 2020

I purchased vinyl because there was already Mohawk flooring in the and house we had to match it. I’m a contractor, so I use Mohawk pretty often. I went directly to the factory and I picked it up myself. Everything was straightforward and quick. The installation was simple, too. It was done by my installers, so they were always professional. the quality of the flooring is good, and there is seamless integration.

Original review: April 14, 2020

The flooring I bought is fantastic. We got a Pure Breeze carpet. We had it installed and it was fantastic. We had a 5x8 pad underneath it. It's in our basement so it's got concrete underneath it. But it's extremely soft and we love it. There were a couple of things that led to our decision to pick this one. We were looking for grey tones and there were a lot of browns and tans and things of that nature that we didn't want. We were drawn to the color and the options that Mohawk had. The place where we went to offered a large sample at no cost. A lot of times, there were places that were making us pay 25 bucks to just take the sample home. It looks great against the wall and all the colors that we had.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2020

The construction manager for our remodel helped us coordinate a lot of things and he was familiar with the Mohawk product and their local dealer, which I wasn’t aware of. He managed the installation of the flooring and brought the crew, so it went smooth. They moved our furniture around to get the flooring installed and worked well. They put in luxury vinyl plank throughout the living area other than the bedrooms in my home and we were happy with the results.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2020

We ordered over 50 boxes of vinyl flooring. Mid-install, we discovered 77 planks that have the short-end side bevel completely missing. Poor quality control. Store that sold them said they are out, unable to order more and in the meantime (we are self-installing and cannot have it not finished for who-knows how long) call Mohawk to report the defect, lot #, etc. and see what they can do. Mohawk was NOT INTERESTED AT ALL. This is significant defect/oversight. I asked if they wanted more info to investigate what went wrong and they flat-out refused. We ordered plenty in case of the occasional broken or unusable board, but because of this large run of defects, we cannot finish the install. I have a partially installed floor. Mohawk was extremely abrasive, short, and flat out refused to address the issue WHATSOEVER and although we were as patient and calm trying to explain the situation, they wanted none of it.

This isn't how you treat/keep customers. We are just homeowners trying to get what we paid for and get this taken care of with reasonable expectations of quality/service. Even if they couldn't help, ok, but this was the worst experience ever and had soured us on this brand. They seemingly DON'T stand by their products. We have told all our neighbors who are all planning on replacing floors to avoid at all costs because of the stress this has caused, it's not worth it, they don't care and hide behind retailers (at least from what I can tell from the operator that seemed horribly abrupt, yelled, refused to listen and was obviously completely having fed up of hearing about flooring problems). So many red flags and I regret choosing this brand. Speechless...

Original review: Oct. 9, 2020

I purchased 139 sq.yds of Mohawks Hudson Landing carpet, within about 3 years it really started showing wear and they came out to look at it. They said because we did not professionally clean it as written in the warranty they would not cover it. What a joke. No one cleans carpet that often! I sold carpet for 5 years so I do understand carpet and warranty. They brought in a carpet appraiser to look at our carpet and that is what he concluded.

The joke is we are 2 people that live here and gone for at least 2 months every year and would almost never wear outside shoes in our house, also live in a city. We also had a professional come clean it before they looked at it and he wrote us a letter stating that our carpet was very clean when he cleaned it. Just been frustrated that you spend all this money and they use the cleaning as an escape which is clearly not the problem. The company that installed it have been fighting for me also and they are getting nowhere. The last offer they offered me is they would sell me new stuff for half price....Really!! What an insult !!!

Original review: Sept. 25, 2020

I purchased a home and ended up having to replace the carpet throughout the house. I was shopping around and went to a reliable carpet company. After looking at different carpet brands I decided on Mohawk. The carpet felt nice, there was a good warranty, and good stain protection. When the carpet was being installed I asked about getting a thicker padding for more cushioning, but was told it would void the warranty.

For several years everything was great, and the carpet felt great. Then it slowly started. While walking on the carpet there was a loud crinkling almost as if I was stepping on a plastic bag. As time went on it spread to about 85% of the rest of the house where the carpet was installed. The only place it wasn't an issue was where we had some of the thicker carpet installed.

After a while of the crinkling sound with each step I finally called the company that installed the carpet. They ended up coming out, and a sample of the padding was taken. We waited to find out what Mohawk would say confident that the padding would be replaced as we were told other people had the same issue. About a week later the company called and told me the claim was denied stating the padding was that way because it had gotten wet. I was then asked if the carpet had been washed. I told him the carpet had not been washed. That might be a reasonable excuse if it were only in a part of the house, but this is throughout. I am now waiting for them to reach out to Mohawk again to replace the beyond faulty padding.

Mohawk Flooring response

Hello David, I'm Laura with Mohawk Flooring. I apologize for your experience with your carpet padding. Thank you for having reached out to your retailer in order to initiate your claim process. Your retailer will continue to do all communication with Mohawk on your behalf regarding your concerns. I'm very sorry again for your experience.

Original review: July 12, 2020

Carpet was to come clean if pet urine, feces, or vomit. Independent carpet inspection determined that carpet will not come clean. The urine remained in the carpet under his urine black light and to the naked eye after he brought in his own carpet cleaner and used hot water extraction to clean several test areas. They denied even though he spent a great amount of time and did many test to make sure he gave honest results.

Mohawk Flooring response
    Hello Candace, this is Laura with Mohawk Flooring, and I'm so sorry to hear about your experience with your carpet. Although your claim was declined, you can have the claim reopened by hiring an inspector to assess your carpet, and then sending their report to Mohawk. The Claims Analyst will reopen the claim once the new report is received. The inspector you hire should be certified by either the NICFI or the IICRC:

On both sites, you can find your nearest certified flooring inspectors. They usually have a wide radius of service. You or the inspector can send the report to consumer@mohawkind.com. I apologize again for your experience.

Original review: July 4, 2020

My wife bought new carpet for our house and within 2 weeks it looked like the carpet was 10 years old. The carpet was vacuumed multiple times a week. It didn't seem to help the carpet. I've tried having someone from Express Flooring take a look at it and they won't do anything about the carpet.

Mohawk Flooring response

Hello Gene, I'm Laura with Mohawk Flooring. I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with your carpet. I understand you have reached out to your retailer - your retailer is generally responsible for addressing your concerns and for working with Mohawk on your behalf. If you'll send us some more info at the following link, we can advise you. Please note on the form what the communication has been from your retailer, when you've reached out to them. I'm very sorry again for your experience. http://www2.mohawkflooring.com/consumer-affairs/default.aspx

Mohawk Flooring Company Information