2.93/5
Call toll free
(844) 818-0353 Visit Website

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Founded in 1878, Mohawk is the world’s largest flooring company and a trusted manufacturer of innovative products. We offer a full range of flooring options to fit your needs, including carpet, hardwood, laminate, tile and luxury vinyl. Our premier products include SmartStrand carpet with built-in stain resistance (installed in more than 7 million homes) and ArmorMax hardwoods with the most durable finish in the industry. For questions and concerns, please give us a call or visit our website: we are happy to help you.

Mohawk Flooring Gallery (6)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

905 Mohawk Flooring Consumer Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: June 20, 2019

We were looking for a new flooring and it was for a rental property that we just bought, so we wanted to go with a company that was local. Mohawk was the product that the local people offered us, so that was what we bought. We went with some fairly plain carpet from a look perspective, but something as reasonably durable. It was for an old house that we’re renting out, so we wanted to make sure we got something that would look good and would wear out well. We had someone install it and it took two days. Any trouble we had was after the fact though. We had to have the doors shaved down a little bit because the space didn’t have carpets before, so the carpet raised the flooring to the plank where we had to have the doors brought down. Other than that, we were very happy with our experience.

Get expert buying tips about Flooring delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 9, 2019

I purchased Mohawk 100% SmartStrand BCF 3GT Polyester with DuPont Sorona Renewably Sourced Polymer. Style: SILK 00119D. Color: Log Cabin. I purchased this carpet from Home Depot in May 2009. So this carpet is 10 years old. It was installed in 4 Bedrooms. I wear my shoes all day, every day. I have had multiple Dogs and a cat. All of which at one time or another pottied on it or vomited on it. I have 10 grandchildren, again, at one time or another pottied on it, spilled juice on it, and got gum stuck in it. I vacuum with a Dyson DC17 once a week.

I have used the Rug Doctor 4 or 5 times to clean it in a 10 year. I spot cleaned it many times due to the pet and kid accidents. After 10 years, the carpet still looks looks amazing. No traffic pattern, no stains, no wear, nothing whatsoever wrong. I going to buy carpet for the 3 season porch today; a very high traffic room. There is no question what I will be buying; I will be buying Mohawk SmartStrand.

Mohawk Flooring response

Hi there, I'm Laura with Mohawk - thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience! It's wonderful to hear that your SmartStrand carpet has performed beautifully for you all these years and been a fantastic carpet for your grandchildren and pets. Thank you again for your review and for choosing Mohawk carpet for your home.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

The vinyl that we purchased from Mohawk was more expensive than the other brands, however, because it was a bigger company, they could offer 18 months, 0% financing. Also, I liked the warranty for 12 years and the quality of the product is better. So, I went with the quality as opposed to the price. They did the installation last week but it’s not finished yet. I ordered it on August 13th and I was getting pieces in. In fact, they still don’t have some of the transition pieces done. So, I haven’t really used it, but I’m hoping that the waterproofing feature would be great just in case I have a problem in the future.

I like Mohawk's product. The flooring is beautiful and the quality is there. I can't ding them for the length of time needing to wait and the fact that not everything is in because it’s something out of their control. I called them six weeks after I ordered and they said it was supposed to be in that Friday and they’d give me a call. They didn’t call. I called back again the following Friday and they said, “Oh, that was changed to this Friday.” But everything’s in and they went to install it. And as soon as the transition pieces come in, they will call me, we’ll set up the time, and they will come out complete the job.

The only thing is Mohawk sent me a $500 coupon that I was unable to use. I have a very large basement with over 1,100 square feet and because it was over a thousand, they told me I could utilize pallet pricing. So, I thought that was great because I qualified for it. But then, I had a $500 coupon that they refused to allow me to use because they either got pallet pricing or I got the $500 coupon. The pallet pricing was a lot less. But in my mind, if the job is big enough to qualify for it, it wasn’t a special gift to me. I was really a little annoyed with them at that when I set it all up. If I had a coupon, I had a coupon. Now, if I only had 900 square feet, and they were kind enough to say, “Hey, you’re close enough. I’ll give you pallet pricing,” that would have been a different story. But I have 1,100 square feet which was over a thousand. I qualified for the pallet pricing, so I should have been able to utilize that $500 coupon. And they told me, “No, one or the other.”

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

We're just renters in the house and we convinced our landlord that Mohawk Flooring's carpet was definitely the best stuff to go with. I just moved to this city and I went on to the Mohawk website to find a local vendor that was offering the carpet. After I entered information on the Mohawk website, they called me within 5 minutes to come out and do a measurement. The customer service was outstanding and they actually ended up budging a little bit on the price. That was great because we only had a certain dollar amount that they would spend.

My new carpet is so soft and I love it. It's comfortable and stain-resistant. It has got multiple colors in it so it's really pretty. It's also a kind of a neutral color, so they go with everything. I've gotten a lot of compliments on it from people who come into our home too. It's a carpet I had in a previous home and it's a little bit more expensive but it's worth it. Overall, we're very satisfied. My husband is a college football coach so we move fairly frequently. And as we continue to move to different places, we would continue to look at Mohawk as the solution for us.

Original review: July 16, 2018

We're a general contractor and we had customers who already had Mohawk flooring in their house so we tried to match it up. We ordered the flooring from Mohawk but they sent the wrong color. They listened to a recording from the boy from Busenbark Carpet who ordered it and determined that he had ordered the correct material. They sent back the correct material and they credited me the price of the other material so it wouldn't cost me any more money.

I had some of our guys install the flooring. It's good material and it was easy to work with. But we had some quality control issues in the second pack of the actual correct color. Roughly six pieces out of all the bundles that we bought had some cavities and bubbled laminate. Those couldn't be used or fixed so we cut the defective parts out and ended up using a bunch of smaller pieces trying to make the job work. Luckily, we were able to complete the job and the customers liked it. That was the first time we used Mohawk and we'd be using them again shortly.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mohawk Flooring?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: July 12, 2019

We had the carpeting installed in our family room by Lowe's, who promised durability and pet-friendliness. It was neither. Within a week, pulls and strands appeared as the carpet unraveled. Six months of back and forth with both Lowe's and Mohawk yielded nothing. After analyzing a sample of the carpet (after our repeated requests over months), Mohawk claimed it was not defective. Save yourself heartache, and avoid Mohawk flooring. Poor quality that cannot even stand up to normal foot traffic, no less a Labrador retriever.

Mohawk Flooring response

Hello Tom, I'm Laura from Mohawk - I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with your carpet. Since your claim was declined based on sample analysis, you can reopen the claim by hiring an inspector to assess your flooring, and then sending their report to Mohawk if their findings differ from the sample analysis. The inspector should be certified by either the NICFI or the IICRC:

On both sites, you can find your nearest certified flooring inspectors. They usually have a wide radius of service. You or the inspector can send the report to consumer@mohawkind.com. I'm very sorry again for your experience.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: July 5, 2019

The wood floor tiles are splitting even before moving in. The builder Taylor Morrison is non-responsive. The floor is an upgraded one and is not worth the extra 50k we paid for it. Wish there was a way to upload the pictures to show how bad a product it is.

Mohawk Flooring response

Hello Bipin, I'm Laura with Mohawk Flooring - I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with your flooring. Since your builder (or their flooring vendor) is the party who would file a claim with Mohawk on your behalf, please send our Consumer Affairs team some more information at the link below. Please state specifically in your message that your builder is not responding to your requests for help: that will signal to our Consumer Affairs team that you need assistance with getting your builder to respond to you about filing a claim.

I apologize again for your experience with your floors.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: July 3, 2019

I purchased two expensive Karastan area rugs from a large Nebraska retailer with a branch now located in Dallas. I thought I was purchasing a top quality rug manufactured by a reputable company with a long history of excellent quality and customer service. From day one complete loops of carpet fibers freely popped out of the carpet on a daily basis. This problem continues. There are loose carpet fibers all over the house. At first I contributed this shedding to new carpet "lint". It has continued for over a year. I thought I was covered because I purchased an extended warranty. When will I learn these warranties are worthless???

First the salesman at the large NE retailer referred me to the manufacturer with the assurance Karastan/Mohawk would stand behind their product. He also told me he has had other customers with the same problem. Have you tried to get through the Mohawk automated phone system? Almost impossible. I finally called the NE retailer's customer service. My complaint was recorded and I was advised she would contact the manufacturer and get back to me. When she called me back, she advised me the manufacturer would not back their product nor would the retailer. Needless to say, I should have complained within the first year, but I truly thought the problem would stop plus I thought I had an extended warranty.

The important message here for prospective buyers is buyer beware. The quality and customer service that existed many years ago does not exist today. The quality of the the wool Karastan rugs of the '50s & '60s does not exist. You're better off buying cheap and replacing every year or so. The reputation of the NE retailer that Rose Blumkin instilled in her employers is long gone. Buyers today must not put stock in the names of yesterday.

Mohawk Flooring response

Hi Alice, I'm Laura with Mohawk - I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with your rugs. Certain Karastan wool rugs carry 10-year or 20-year warranties, while other Karastan rugs (including all non-wool rugs) carry 1-year warranties. I've listed the collections carrying 10- and 20-year warranties below. I don't know which styles you purchased, but I'm thinking they were from collections with the 1-year warranty, as you mentioned 1 year in your comments. So, if the complaint were filed after a year, the time limit for making a warranty claim would have passed. I apologize again for your experience.

10-year or 20-year warranties: English Manor Collection, Manifesto Collection, Sierra Mar Collection, Titanium Collection, Original Karastan Collection, Ashara Collection, Shapura Collection, Antique Legends Collection, Sovereign Collection

Original review: June 29, 2019

I saw Mohawk at the tile place and I liked the quality of it. We were between two products, but the $500 off really helped. So, with that, we went with Mohawk. We got the wide tile that looks like wood and it’s very realistic-looking and I like the wide plank. We did the whole house in it. So far, so good. We really like it.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: June 28, 2019

We have Mohawk Tecwood flooring throughout our first floor. The floors are less than three years old and they look awful, full of scratches, chips, and dents. We have mats at both doors, felt protectors under chair legs, and a large rug in the living room. In addition, we have no pets and no children. I cannot imagine how terrible the floor would look under more demanding conditions. Tecwood is a terrible, low quality product and I would not recommend it to anybody for any purpose.

Mohawk Flooring response

Hello Ellen, I'm Laura with Mohawk Flooring - I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with your flooring. Please reach out to your builder regarding your concerns - your builder or their flooring vendor is the party who can either file a claim with Mohawk on your behalf if needed, or help you address your concerns with the flooring without filing a claim with Mohawk. I apologize again for your experience.

Mohawk Flooring expert review by Joseph Truini

Mohawk Flooring unfurled its first carpet in 1878 and uses product innovation and design to shape its assembly practices. As the world’s largest flooring company, Mohawk offers products in over 30 different categories. Its family of brands include Pergo, Karastan, Daltile, American Olean, Quick-Step, Marazzi and Century Flooring.

• Retail partners: Mohawk Flooring makes its products available in retail stores across the country. It does not allow customers to buy directly from the factory, so a retail partner can ensure customers select the right fit and product.

• Environmental awareness: Mohawk Flooring emphasizes using recycled and renewable resources in its products.

• Products: The company manufacturers quality carpet, area rugs, hardwood, tile, laminate, and resilient vinyl.

• Family friendly: Mohawk Flooring carpets are unusually resistant to the stains, dirt and wear and tear that come from kids and pets. Many of the options have stain and soil protection permanently built in.

• Warranties: Lifetime stain warranties are offered on many carpets.

• Best for: Mohawk Flooring carpets are tailored toward people with pets and kids, luxury shoppers. Green shoppers can find products made with recycled and renewable resources.

Profile picture of Joseph Truini
Joseph Truini Home Improvement Contributing Editor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.

Mohawk Flooring Company Information