2. Homeowners
Accredited Partner

Call Now Toll Free
Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.36/5

Founded in 1878, Mohawk is the world’s largest flooring company and a trusted manufacturer of innovative products. We offer a full range of flooring options to fit your needs, including carpet, hardwood, laminate, tile and luxury vinyl. Our premier products include SmartStrand carpet with built-in stain resistance (installed in more than 7 million homes) and ArmorMax hardwoods with the most durable finish in the industry. For questions and concerns, please give us a call or visit our website: we are happy to help you.

Mohawk Flooring Gallery (6)
View More View More
Mohawk Flooring Call Now Toll Free (800) 476-7113 Learn More
Call Now Toll Free

Mohawk Flooring Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: April 14, 2020

The flooring I bought is fantastic. We got a Pure Breeze carpet. We had it installed and it was fantastic. We had a 5x8 pad underneath it. It's in our basement so it's got concrete underneath it. But it's extremely soft and we love it. There were a couple of things that led to our decision to pick this one. We were looking for grey tones and there were a lot of browns and tans and things of that nature that we didn't want. We were drawn to the color and the options that Mohawk had. The place where we went to offered a large sample at no cost. A lot of times, there were places that were making us pay 25 bucks to just take the sample home. It looks great against the wall and all the colors that we had.

Get buying tips about Flooring delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2019

We decided on the pattern and the color, and everything we liked, and Mohawk happened to be that brand. And we’re perfectly satisfied with it. The flooring was installed in the bathroom and in the living room. The quality is very good so far. The cost was comparative to anybody else. And we dealt with this particular carpeting store for a number of years in different locations, and always satisfied with the install and any kind of issue we’ve had in the past. Cassandra was the person we dealt within the store and she was very good. She came over the house and we discussed a lot of things. We had a good choice of different patterns, and she took the time with us. The installers did a good job and they were thorough. At this point, I have no issues at all.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2019

We looked at a number of stores and we settled in on Mohawk, both for reputation and warranty, as well as the design, style and color of their carpet. We had it put in our finished basement and it fit what we were looking to do from a quality standpoint. We were looking for a soft carpet and for something that would be comfortable to walk on in bare feet. We were also looking for a color and pattern that would work well in our area. The other thing we liked was the smart strand which is what they called the product. Plus, Mohawk's carpet had the stain resistance. Its cost was a tad higher than we really wanted to spend, but we felt it was worth going ahead and paying the difference. We've been very happy with the installation, too. The crew from the store did a great job and all in all, we were pleased with the purchase.

Mohawk Flooring response

Hi David, I'm Laura with Mohawk Flooring - I just wanted to thank you for taking the time to share your experience! I'm really glad to hear that you've been pleased with your SmartStrand carpet, its quality and comfort as well as the beauty it adds and its built-in stain resistance. I hope you enjoy your carpet for years to come! Thank you so much for choosing Mohawk carpet for your home.

Original review: June 20, 2019

We were looking for a new flooring and it was for a rental property that we just bought, so we wanted to go with a company that was local. Mohawk was the product that the local people offered us, so that was what we bought. We went with some fairly plain carpet from a look perspective, but something as reasonably durable. It was for an old house that we’re renting out, so we wanted to make sure we got something that would look good and would wear out well. We had someone install it and it took two days. Any trouble we had was after the fact though. We had to have the doors shaved down a little bit because the space didn’t have carpets before, so the carpet raised the flooring to the plank where we had to have the doors brought down. Other than that, we were very happy with our experience.

Original review: June 19, 2019

We have a cottage and we purchased flooring from Mohawk for it. I’ve been there since and it’s lovely. We got the Luxury vinyl and it was put in a sunroom/dining room kinda area at the front of the house. Initially, we were looking more for the flooring itself rather than the company. We got the flooring we wanted and that happened to be Mohawk’s flooring, so we went with them. My mom spoke with the person at the store and she said that they were very helpful and able to find her the correct underlay that went underneath the floor.

The product's cost to the quality ratio is excellent and it looks great. We were pleasantly surprised. The feel of it is really nice, too and the only thing I could say that could be improved on it would be that it is still quite thin. It was only a 4.5 millimeter and originally, we were looking for a 6, so we were a little concerned about that. But we’ll sort of see how it wears over time because of the fact that it’s thinner. Other than that, it was installed this summer and so far, so good. But it hasn’t gone through a winter yet so I can't say whether or not it breaks at all or if it peels or lifts until next year.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mohawk Flooring?

Original review: May 28, 2020

We liked the pattern and the feel of Mohawk products so we went with that. Everything was fine when we had them installed in three rooms.

Original review: May 22, 2020

My home was destroyed by Hurricane Florence in September of 2018. My house was not in a flood plain but was flooded and I did not have flood insurance. I chose the Mohawk Vinyl Plank flooring because of its 25 year warranty and that it was waterproof. One year and 3 months later the floor is damaged, cracking and fading. Mohawk sent and inspector out when my dealer filed a claim. Mohawk placed all blame on the dealer and took no responsibility for this issue. The dealer did an amazing job installing the floor. The floor is beautiful, however I know find out that the warranty does not cover really anything. Mohawk placed blame on my foundation floor not being level. It did not affect the Ethan Allen Laminate floor that I had installed and walked on for over 12 years! I cannot believe that this has been the response I received and that what is promoted as such a high quality product has turned out the way it has.

Mohawk Flooring response
    Hello Melissa, I'm Laura with Mohawk Flooring - I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with your flooring. Although your claim was declined, you do have the option to reopen your claim - you would do this by hiring an inspector to assess your floors and sending their report to Mohawk for review. The inspector should be certified by either the NICFI or the IICRC:

On both sites, you can find your nearest certified flooring inspectors. They usually have a wide radius of service. You or the inspector can send the report to consumer@mohawkind.com, and the claim will be reopened. I apologize again for your experience.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: May 19, 2020

Updated on 05/19/2020: Laura- Thank you for your response on my review. I cannot see where I can respond. You might want to speak to Frank Michaels about a claim being started. He told me months ago he was starting one. I can only do so much on my end. I am feeling like this is becoming a full time job. Your assistance in this matter is greatly appreciated. Kim

Original Review: To start off I am a HUGE fan of my flooring from my former home. Rare Vintage Fawn Chestnut laminate. I cannot say enough about how AWESOME this floor was. In 5 years not one visible scratch. 2 dogs, 2 cats and young kids. I would get so many compliments on my floor and even had the store that I purchased from allow prospective clients come see the flooring in a more expansive manner. It was hands down a favorite all time floor. In February 2020 we were having our floor installer put in a newer product by Mohawk called Mohawk RevWood Plus Crest Haven Briarwood Oak in our new home. As he went along he discovered that the ends were not meeting up properly. Not like the former laminate I had.

He contacted the store where I purchased and they in return spoke with local rep. The rep was to come out and inspect the floor. He never did. He told me he would come on that Sunday. Then when that didn't happen he said Wednesday in the afternoon. Never showed. I provided a video showing how the ends were not meeting properly with the "GenuEdge® pressed bevel edge." I sent a video illustrating the problem to the store. Upon my arrival back to the house, my floor installer was told by the rep, that it was the "norm." He had finished the entire 2200 sf of flooring. To be told over the phone that it was the norm and if any "further issues'' occurred that the floor is under warranty is outrageous!

To make the situation worse my husband and I noticed this black dot. I initially thought it was some dirt from outside but when I went to wipe it up, it stayed. I then noticed the dots all over the place. I contacted the flooring store and was told once again that the rep will be contacting me. Nope. Later that week I attended a function where I just happened to run into the rep of Mohawk. Being at a social event, I kept myself from going off. I did tell him I didn't appreciate his lack of follow through. And unbelievably, he made a remark about "did I see the flaw" in the floor? We were dumbfounded by him having full knowledge of this and completely disregarding my attempts to get him out to examine the floor.

I have made several attempts to speak to someone about this and have complete understanding of the recent pandemic issues. I simply want someone to contact me and assure me that they WILL come see the floor and address these issues down the road. I have been told they are seeking a new supervisor rep for the territory and would contact me. Once again. Nope. Today my husband called again and was told they would pass on our request to Mohawk.

I write this to forewarn anyone from purchasing this particular product. Regretful that these "improvements" made by Mohawk have tainted my love of the laminate. We have gone from February to May with ZERO help from Mohawk. Over 10k on a laminate that is subpar. I have a video and pictures of this stupid dot and how the edge is not beveled on each end. So frustrated. I will end this with mentioning in this period of time, the floor has scratches throughout. Buyer beware.

Mohawk Flooring response

Hello Kim, I'm Laura with Mohawk Flooring - I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with your floor. In order to get your flooring assessed, your retailer needs to file a claim with Mohawk on your behalf. We do not currently see a claim filed under your name. Please ask your retailer to file a claim so that we can look into your concerns. I apologize again for your experience.

Original review: May 19, 2020

I found the Mohawk product through a local carpet store called Carpet Station. It was the thickest, most plush carpet they had, which was why we went for it. We did one room and I am 100% satisfied. It’s easy to clean and we’ve vacuumed it several times.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: May 17, 2020

We are having a curling/bowing issue 2 years after installation. (Luxury vinyl planks & Mohawk’s adhesive, professionally installed.). Mohawk hired an inspector to come to our house. His report stated the planks are bowing & the glue isn’t holding. Mohawk, citing inconclusive evidence from their own inspector, denied our claim via a second-party email that we had to specifically request from them. The warranty is obviously a gimmick as Mohawk will not take responsibility. The retailer said they’ve seen warping straight from the box on Mohawk’s planks from China. 30% of our floor is in the dumpster and sectional replacement is not an option because this series is discontinued. We will have to spend $6,000 to remove/replace this new Mohawk floor, obviously with a different brand.

Mohawk Flooring response
    Hello Jeffrey, I'm Laura with Mohawk Flooring, and I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with your floors. Although your claim was declined, you do have the option of reopening the claim by hiring an inspector to assess your floors and sending their report to Mohawk for review. The inspector should be certified by either the NICFI or the IICRC:

Mohawk Flooring author review by Joseph Truini

Mohawk Flooring unfurled its first carpet in 1878 and uses product innovation and design to shape its assembly practices. As the world’s largest flooring company, Mohawk offers products in over 30 different categories. Its family of brands include Pergo, Karastan, Daltile, American Olean, Quick-Step, Marazzi and Century Flooring.

• Retail partners: Mohawk Flooring makes its products available in retail stores across the country. It does not allow customers to buy directly from the factory, so a retail partner can ensure customers select the right fit and product.

• Environmental awareness: Mohawk Flooring emphasizes using recycled and renewable resources in its products.

• Products: The company manufacturers quality carpet, area rugs, hardwood, tile, laminate, and resilient vinyl.

• Family friendly: Mohawk Flooring carpets are unusually resistant to the stains, dirt and wear and tear that come from kids and pets. Many of the options have stain and soil protection permanently built in.

• Warranties: Lifetime stain warranties are offered on many carpets.

by Joseph Truini Home Improvement Contributing Editor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.

Mohawk Flooring Company Information