2. Homeowners
Accredited Partner

Call Now Toll Free
Get Pricing
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.28/5

Mohawk manufactures and sells a full range of carpet, hardwood, vinyl wood-look and tile flooring. Mohawk carpeting is available in more than 300 colors and styles, with options for stain-resistant, wear-resistant or both. The company’s All Pet Protection and Warranty is available on many of its products, including SmartStrand carpet, RevWood Plus and SolidTech vinyl. All Pet Plus adds scratch resistance. You can order samples directly from the company online.

Mohawk Flooring Gallery (6)

BOTTOM LINE

Mohawk flooring comes in a comprehensive range of materials, styles and colors. Eco-friendly options, pet stain-resistant carpet, durable waterproof laminate and affordable hardwood set this company apart.

PROS

• Extensive selection
  • Eco-friendly options
  • Pet stain-resistant carpet
  • Comprehensive warranties

CONS

• Installation not included in price
  • Only available from certain retailers

Top Mohawk Flooring Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mohawk Flooring?

Mohawk Flooring gave me the advice that I needed on what to look for in a carpet before ordering… The installation was super great. It was installed in the living room and two bedrooms and was done all in one day. They were very efficient and quick. ... I'm very happy and satisfied with it.

I got carpet through Mohawk Flooring for my living room. I had a good experience during installation. Plus, I like the quality of the carpet that was put in. It was thick. Last year, I had my sister put in carpet with the same company.

Mohawk Flooring Call Now Toll Free (800) 476-7113 Get Pricing
Call Now Toll Free

What is Mohawk Flooring?

Mohawk offers multiple flooring options, including carpet, wood and vinyl. One of Mohawk’s most popular items is its SmartStrand Forever Clean carpet, which resists moisture and fading and comes with a pet stain warranty. Mohawk’s other carpet lines include:

• EverStrand is Mohawk’s recycled line and is made from 100% recycled materials. It has an odor-resistant feature.
  • UltraStrand is Mohawk’s line of nylon products that are designed for extra softness.
  • Air.O is Mohawk’s hypoallergenic line. This carpet is free of volatile organic compounds (VOC) and provides better airflow to release dust when vacuuming.
  • ColorMax is designed with vivid and rich colors that coordinate with tile and wood styles.

Mohawk's wood flooring options include RevWood (Plus and Select), SolidWood and TecWood lines. You can shop its wood flooring by color or installation method. Features of each product line include:

• RevWood comes in more than 30 colors and is scratch resistant and waterproof. It includes an All Pet Protection option.
  • SolidWood planks are designed from domestic and exotic hardwoods. They come in walnut, oak, maple or hickory.
  • TecWood is a low-maintenance flooring option designed to resist contraction and expansion from humidity.

Mohawk also offers vinyl and tile flooring options on its website.

Mohawk carpet pricing

Mohawk natural hardwood flooring typically starts at about $4 per square foot, and carpeting ranges from 55 cents to around $9 per square foot. Vinyl wood-look flooring prices range from $2 to $4 per square foot.

Depending on the retailer you purchase from, you may have to pay an additional installation fee. Financing may be available for qualified customers at participating retailers. Before committing to work with a company, make sure you ask about additional installation fees and financing options.

Mohawk Flooring FAQ

Is Mohawk vinyl plank flooring good?
Mohawk vinyl plank flooring is waterproof and resists heat and sunlight. It’s also easy to install, affordable and available in tile, plank or sheet formats in a wide variety of colors and styles. The company’s vinyl plank flooring comes with a warranty.
How do you care for a Mohawk laminate floor?
Pick up heavy items when moving to avoid scratching, and clean with a soft bristle broom and mop. Shoe scuffs wipe off easily.
Where is Mohawk Flooring made?
Mohawk flooring materials come from various sources, and all products are assembled in the U.S.
How much is Mohawk vinyl plank flooring?
Mohawk vinyl plank flooring is about $2 to $4 per square foot. Prices vary by retailer and product line.

Is Mohawk Flooring good?

Consumers looking for a one-stop shop that showcases a wide range of materials, styles and colors in one place will appreciate the variety of products available from Mohawk. From affordable laminate styles to luxury silk-like carpeting, Mohawk Flooring offers options for all budgets. For families with pets, Mohawk offers an All Pet Protection and Warranty plan on some of its carpet and laminate materials. The company’s flooring is designed for durability and easy cleaning, but Mohawk Flooring does not install flooring or sell its products directly online.

Mohawk Flooring Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mohawk Flooring?

Original review: May 14, 2020

We wanted to try to seek out some local business support so we went to one of our local places called Fred's Flooring. They showed us exactly what we were looking for in the Mohawk carpet. Fred's Flooring is really great. Their installers were just in and out and they knew what they were doing. They didn't speak much English but they were hard workers. They got it all done and they cleaned up well. I can't say enough about Fred's Flooring and their tremendous representative of Mohawk Flooring. We had three bedrooms and a big bonus room done. It was about 104 square yards. It's mostly in our whole upstairs. It looks nice and it's really comfortable. We know we got a thick pad. My wife is highly satisfied and she loves it, so I love it.

Get buying tips about Flooring delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 14, 2020

The flooring I bought is fantastic. We got a Pure Breeze carpet. We had it installed and it was fantastic. We had a 5x8 pad underneath it. It's in our basement so it's got concrete underneath it. But it's extremely soft and we love it. There were a couple of things that led to our decision to pick this one. We were looking for grey tones and there were a lot of browns and tans and things of that nature that we didn't want. We were drawn to the color and the options that Mohawk had. The place where we went to offered a large sample at no cost. A lot of times, there were places that were making us pay 25 bucks to just take the sample home. It looks great against the wall and all the colors that we had.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2019

We decided on the pattern and the color, and everything we liked, and Mohawk happened to be that brand. And we’re perfectly satisfied with it. The flooring was installed in the bathroom and in the living room. The quality is very good so far. The cost was comparative to anybody else. And we dealt with this particular carpeting store for a number of years in different locations, and always satisfied with the install and any kind of issue we’ve had in the past. Cassandra was the person we dealt within the store and she was very good. She came over the house and we discussed a lot of things. We had a good choice of different patterns, and she took the time with us. The installers did a good job and they were thorough. At this point, I have no issues at all.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2019

We looked at a number of stores and we settled in on Mohawk, both for reputation and warranty, as well as the design, style and color of their carpet. We had it put in our finished basement and it fit what we were looking to do from a quality standpoint. We were looking for a soft carpet and for something that would be comfortable to walk on in bare feet. We were also looking for a color and pattern that would work well in our area. The other thing we liked was the smart strand which is what they called the product. Plus, Mohawk's carpet had the stain resistance. Its cost was a tad higher than we really wanted to spend, but we felt it was worth going ahead and paying the difference. We've been very happy with the installation, too. The crew from the store did a great job and all in all, we were pleased with the purchase.

Mohawk Flooring response

Hi David, I'm Laura with Mohawk Flooring - I just wanted to thank you for taking the time to share your experience! I'm really glad to hear that you've been pleased with your SmartStrand carpet, its quality and comfort as well as the beauty it adds and its built-in stain resistance. I hope you enjoy your carpet for years to come! Thank you so much for choosing Mohawk carpet for your home.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

We installed a carpet in our basement, and we matched what we had upstairs. We built the house two years ago and in that two-year span, the company we went through said there have been 15 different colors of winter flannel. That made it difficult, so choosing the color wasn’t the easiest part. We took a swatch in and the people down at that company were great and did a lot of research for us. They dealt directly with Mohawk and figured it out. The installation crew also came through the company, and the quality of the carpet is decent. We wished we had a little bit more of a cush to it, but other than that, I like the colors and it looks good with the color scheme for our house.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: July 12, 2020

Carpet was to come clean if pet urine, feces, or vomit. Independent carpet inspection determined that carpet will not come clean. The urine remained in the carpet under his urine black light and to the naked eye after he brought in his own carpet cleaner and used hot water extraction to clean several test areas. They denied even though he spent a great amount of time and did many test to make sure he gave honest results.

Mohawk Flooring response
    Hello Candace, this is Laura with Mohawk Flooring, and I'm so sorry to hear about your experience with your carpet. Although your claim was declined, you can have the claim reopened by hiring an inspector to assess your carpet, and then sending their report to Mohawk. The Claims Analyst will reopen the claim once the new report is received. The inspector you hire should be certified by either the NICFI or the IICRC:

On both sites, you can find your nearest certified flooring inspectors. They usually have a wide radius of service. You or the inspector can send the report to consumer@mohawkind.com. I apologize again for your experience.

Original review: July 4, 2020

My wife bought new carpet for our house and within 2 weeks it looked like the carpet was 10 years old. The carpet was vacuumed multiple times a week. It didn't seem to help the carpet. I've tried having someone from Express Flooring take a look at it and they won't do anything about the carpet.

Mohawk Flooring response

Hello Gene, I'm Laura with Mohawk Flooring. I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with your carpet. I understand you have reached out to your retailer - your retailer is generally responsible for addressing your concerns and for working with Mohawk on your behalf. If you'll send us some more info at the following link, we can advise you. Please note on the form what the communication has been from your retailer, when you've reached out to them. I'm very sorry again for your experience. http://www2.mohawkflooring.com/consumer-affairs/default.aspx

Original review: May 28, 2020

We liked the pattern and the feel of Mohawk products so we went with that. Everything was fine when we had them installed in three rooms.

Original review: May 22, 2020

My home was destroyed by Hurricane Florence in September of 2018. My house was not in a flood plain but was flooded and I did not have flood insurance. I chose the Mohawk Vinyl Plank flooring because of its 25 year warranty and that it was waterproof. One year and 3 months later the floor is damaged, cracking and fading. Mohawk sent and inspector out when my dealer filed a claim. Mohawk placed all blame on the dealer and took no responsibility for this issue. The dealer did an amazing job installing the floor. The floor is beautiful, however I know find out that the warranty does not cover really anything. Mohawk placed blame on my foundation floor not being level. It did not affect the Ethan Allen Laminate floor that I had installed and walked on for over 12 years! I cannot believe that this has been the response I received and that what is promoted as such a high quality product has turned out the way it has.

Mohawk Flooring response
    Hello Melissa, I'm Laura with Mohawk Flooring - I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with your flooring. Although your claim was declined, you do have the option to reopen your claim - you would do this by hiring an inspector to assess your floors and sending their report to Mohawk for review. The inspector should be certified by either the NICFI or the IICRC:

On both sites, you can find your nearest certified flooring inspectors. They usually have a wide radius of service. You or the inspector can send the report to consumer@mohawkind.com, and the claim will be reopened. I apologize again for your experience.

Original review: May 19, 2020

Updated on 05/19/2020: Laura- Thank you for your response on my review. I cannot see where I can respond. You might want to speak to Frank Michaels about a claim being started. He told me months ago he was starting one. I can only do so much on my end. I am feeling like this is becoming a full time job. Your assistance in this matter is greatly appreciated. Kim

Original Review: To start off I am a HUGE fan of my flooring from my former home. Rare Vintage Fawn Chestnut laminate. I cannot say enough about how AWESOME this floor was. In 5 years not one visible scratch. 2 dogs, 2 cats and young kids. I would get so many compliments on my floor and even had the store that I purchased from allow prospective clients come see the flooring in a more expansive manner. It was hands down a favorite all time floor. In February 2020 we were having our floor installer put in a newer product by Mohawk called Mohawk RevWood Plus Crest Haven Briarwood Oak in our new home. As he went along he discovered that the ends were not meeting up properly. Not like the former laminate I had.

He contacted the store where I purchased and they in return spoke with local rep. The rep was to come out and inspect the floor. He never did. He told me he would come on that Sunday. Then when that didn't happen he said Wednesday in the afternoon. Never showed. I provided a video showing how the ends were not meeting properly with the "GenuEdge® pressed bevel edge." I sent a video illustrating the problem to the store. Upon my arrival back to the house, my floor installer was told by the rep, that it was the "norm." He had finished the entire 2200 sf of flooring. To be told over the phone that it was the norm and if any "further issues'' occurred that the floor is under warranty is outrageous!

To make the situation worse my husband and I noticed this black dot. I initially thought it was some dirt from outside but when I went to wipe it up, it stayed. I then noticed the dots all over the place. I contacted the flooring store and was told once again that the rep will be contacting me. Nope. Later that week I attended a function where I just happened to run into the rep of Mohawk. Being at a social event, I kept myself from going off. I did tell him I didn't appreciate his lack of follow through. And unbelievably, he made a remark about "did I see the flaw" in the floor? We were dumbfounded by him having full knowledge of this and completely disregarding my attempts to get him out to examine the floor.

I have made several attempts to speak to someone about this and have complete understanding of the recent pandemic issues. I simply want someone to contact me and assure me that they WILL come see the floor and address these issues down the road. I have been told they are seeking a new supervisor rep for the territory and would contact me. Once again. Nope. Today my husband called again and was told they would pass on our request to Mohawk.

I write this to forewarn anyone from purchasing this particular product. Regretful that these "improvements" made by Mohawk have tainted my love of the laminate. We have gone from February to May with ZERO help from Mohawk. Over 10k on a laminate that is subpar. I have a video and pictures of this stupid dot and how the edge is not beveled on each end. So frustrated. I will end this with mentioning in this period of time, the floor has scratches throughout. Buyer beware.

Mohawk Flooring response

Hello Kim, I'm Laura with Mohawk Flooring - I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with your floor. In order to get your flooring assessed, your retailer needs to file a claim with Mohawk on your behalf. We do not currently see a claim filed under your name. Please ask your retailer to file a claim so that we can look into your concerns. I apologize again for your experience.

Mohawk Flooring Company Information