Call toll free
2.83/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Founded in 1878, Mohawk is the world’s largest flooring company and a trusted manufacturer of innovative products. We offer a full range of flooring options to fit your needs, including carpet, hardwood, laminate, tile and luxury vinyl. Our premier products include SmartStrand carpet with built-in stain resistance (installed in more than 7 million homes) and ArmorMax hardwoods with the most durable finish in the industry. For questions and concerns, please give us a call or visit our website: we are happy to help you.

Mohawk Flooring Gallery (6)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

921 Mohawk Flooring Consumer Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

We installed a carpet in our basement, and we matched what we had upstairs. We built the house two years ago and in that two-year span, the company we went through said there have been 15 different colors of winter flannel. That made it difficult, so choosing the color wasn’t the easiest part. We took a swatch in and the people down at that company were great and did a lot of research for us. They dealt directly with Mohawk and figured it out. The installation crew also came through the company, and the quality of the carpet is decent. We wished we had a little bit more of a cush to it, but other than that, I like the colors and it looks good with the color scheme for our house.

Get expert buying tips about Flooring delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 20, 2019

We were looking for a new flooring and it was for a rental property that we just bought, so we wanted to go with a company that was local. Mohawk was the product that the local people offered us, so that was what we bought. We went with some fairly plain carpet from a look perspective, but something as reasonably durable. It was for an old house that we’re renting out, so we wanted to make sure we got something that would look good and would wear out well. We had someone install it and it took two days. Any trouble we had was after the fact though. We had to have the doors shaved down a little bit because the space didn’t have carpets before, so the carpet raised the flooring to the plank where we had to have the doors brought down. Other than that, we were very happy with our experience.

Original review: April 9, 2019

I purchased Mohawk 100% SmartStrand BCF 3GT Polyester with DuPont Sorona Renewably Sourced Polymer. Style: SILK 00119D. Color: Log Cabin. I purchased this carpet from Home Depot in May 2009. So this carpet is 10 years old. It was installed in 4 Bedrooms. I wear my shoes all day, every day. I have had multiple Dogs and a cat. All of which at one time or another pottied on it or vomited on it. I have 10 grandchildren, again, at one time or another pottied on it, spilled juice on it, and got gum stuck in it. I vacuum with a Dyson DC17 once a week.

I have used the Rug Doctor 4 or 5 times to clean it in a 10 year. I spot cleaned it many times due to the pet and kid accidents. After 10 years, the carpet still looks looks amazing. No traffic pattern, no stains, no wear, nothing whatsoever wrong. I going to buy carpet for the 3 season porch today; a very high traffic room. There is no question what I will be buying; I will be buying Mohawk SmartStrand.

Mohawk Flooring response

Hi there, I'm Laura with Mohawk - thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience! It's wonderful to hear that your SmartStrand carpet has performed beautifully for you all these years and been a fantastic carpet for your grandchildren and pets. Thank you again for your review and for choosing Mohawk carpet for your home.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

The vinyl that we purchased from Mohawk was more expensive than the other brands, however, because it was a bigger company, they could offer 18 months, 0% financing. Also, I liked the warranty for 12 years and the quality of the product is better. So, I went with the quality as opposed to the price. They did the installation last week but it’s not finished yet. I ordered it on August 13th and I was getting pieces in. In fact, they still don’t have some of the transition pieces done. So, I haven’t really used it, but I’m hoping that the waterproofing feature would be great just in case I have a problem in the future.

I like Mohawk's product. The flooring is beautiful and the quality is there. I can't ding them for the length of time needing to wait and the fact that not everything is in because it’s something out of their control. I called them six weeks after I ordered and they said it was supposed to be in that Friday and they’d give me a call. They didn’t call. I called back again the following Friday and they said, “Oh, that was changed to this Friday.” But everything’s in and they went to install it. And as soon as the transition pieces come in, they will call me, we’ll set up the time, and they will come out complete the job.

The only thing is Mohawk sent me a $500 coupon that I was unable to use. I have a very large basement with over 1,100 square feet and because it was over a thousand, they told me I could utilize pallet pricing. So, I thought that was great because I qualified for it. But then, I had a $500 coupon that they refused to allow me to use because they either got pallet pricing or I got the $500 coupon. The pallet pricing was a lot less. But in my mind, if the job is big enough to qualify for it, it wasn’t a special gift to me. I was really a little annoyed with them at that when I set it all up. If I had a coupon, I had a coupon. Now, if I only had 900 square feet, and they were kind enough to say, “Hey, you’re close enough. I’ll give you pallet pricing,” that would have been a different story. But I have 1,100 square feet which was over a thousand. I qualified for the pallet pricing, so I should have been able to utilize that $500 coupon. And they told me, “No, one or the other.”

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

I had considered all sorts of things and purchased flooring with Mohawk because I liked the look of it and because of the variety in the planks. Also, Altimate Flooring offered to install it which was a huge thing, too. The cost was pretty good. There were other thicker floors that I have looked at that I was really impartial to, but I ended up going with this due to the cost of the installation. I got the Mohawk Silhouette Vershire Shadow Wood and my favorite is that it has variable colors. But I was hoping it would’ve been a little bit more durable. It scratches a lot easier than I had hoped. Aside from that, I’m pretty happy with them overall. I would definitely recommend Mohawk.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mohawk Flooring?

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

Mohawk were having a special, so I went with them. Their price was my favorite. I purchased carpeting for my living room, hallway and three bedrooms. I’m not sure, however, if it’s the carpet or if it is the padding, but it does not feel as padded as the old carpeting that came out. The carpet in the den is more padded than this. Apparently, the padding matters. If someone asked me about Mohawk, I'd tell them to spend more money on a different pad versus their standard pad. Nevertheless, the overall experience with them was fine.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

Mohawk Flooring may claim to be the “global floor leader” all they want, in the end it’s just a floor manufacturer with a lack of customer service. We have always used Mohawk as our preferred floor manufacturer of choice - for our personal home and rental properties. So for our new house, we obviously decided to go with Mohawk LVT. Floor came in for installation 9/3. Contractor opens the box only to find wood was a different color - labeling is correct to the color we ordered. Contractor called rep Mike and was informed Mohawk will overnight the new material (arrival 9/6). Well, they did overnight it....a sample book instead of the actual floor material! This means I have to postpone my move-in for another week!

All services scheduled for post-home renovation had to be reschedule for the second time and because we are on a very tight deadline, we emphasize the need to have floor in place by Saturday 9/14. Mohawk’s rep Mike “said” he will try to get the material on truck for delivery Thursday 9/12....well that didn’t happen. Right now I’m looking at floor delivery on 9/16 and based on my experiences with the last three debacle I highly doubt it will happen. If Mohawk really claim to be a “global floor leader”, at least make sure your customer service is on par on a global level or ensure your reps are trained with a level of professionalism equivalent to your competitors. So far I have not seen a sincere apology for the lack of customer service and the inconvenience this has cause to the consumer and shareholder.

Mohawk Flooring response

Hello Lisa, this is Laura with Mohawk Flooring again - I'd just responded to your post on another site. I just wanted to say here as well that I'm very sorry for your experience with your order, and I apologize for the issues. The rep your contractor spoke with is working to get you the correct material. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience of this delay, and I apologize again for your experience.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

I had Mohawk carpet installed in the family room. The sales clerk and the installers have been very helpful. They have all been thoughtful, too. The installation went well. I got a gray with beige and browns in it, but it has been brighter than I thought. Nevertheless, it is very nice and I like it. Mohawk has done a nice job.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2019

I read good reviews about Mohawk Flooring, and they had nice carpets. We ordered some carpet and quality-wise, it is very nice. It was easy to find the color and style we were needing. It took a little while to make a decision, but that was our issue. Our experience has been good so far.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

My wife and I purchased a new construction home in August 2017. We had Mohawk SmartStrand carpeting installed and did everything to keep the warranty requirements. In July 2019 we filed a claim due to the separation of the primary and secondary backing of the carpet. The independent inspector performed an integrity test, and noticed a discrepancy in the various areas he tested, regarding the strength of the resistance in pulling out a strand. He also used a black-light to inspect for urine, and found no evidence. (We own two dogs). We not only have had the carpet professionally cleaned (documentation provided to the inspector), according to the warranty, but also cleaned the carpets ourselves on several occasions, with a home carpet cleaner.

Our claim was still DENIED based on 'environmental' issues, (dogs urinating on the carpet), which I call BS on. The defect was not in an area where the dogs have urinated. I showed the inspector where those areas were located, and his black-light showed NO residual evidence of urine, BECAUSE we clean up after our pets immediately, and clean the carpets regularly. The bottom line is this. Over 95% of all carpeting in America is manufactured by TWO companies (Mohawk and Shaw). With a monopoly on the market, they are not compelled to honor their warranty, unless legal action takes place. My advice is to avoid Mohawk at your own peril, because the warranty is just a smoke screen to give you a false sense of security, that they will NOT honor. I can only hope that a class action suit is filed, so that the honest customers can hold Mohawk accountable for the treatment of their customers.

Mohawk Flooring response
Hello Bill, this is Laura with Mohawk. I'm very sorry to hear about your experience. Our Consumer Affairs team looked up your claim; a sample of your carpet passed delamination tests as well as a tuft-bind test, showing no manufacturing defects present in the carpet. If you disagree with the claim decision, you can have the claim reopened by hiring an independent inspector to assess your carpet. The inspector should be certified by either the NICFI or the IICRC:

On both sites, you can find your nearest certified flooring inspectors. They usually have a wide radius of service. If this inspector's findings differ from our findings, you or the inspector can send the new report to consumer@mohawkind.com. This will reopen the claim. I apologize again for your experience.

Mohawk Flooring expert review by Joseph Truini

Mohawk Flooring unfurled its first carpet in 1878 and uses product innovation and design to shape its assembly practices. As the world’s largest flooring company, Mohawk offers products in over 30 different categories. Its family of brands include Pergo, Karastan, Daltile, American Olean, Quick-Step, Marazzi and Century Flooring.

• Retail partners: Mohawk Flooring makes its products available in retail stores across the country. It does not allow customers to buy directly from the factory, so a retail partner can ensure customers select the right fit and product.

• Environmental awareness: Mohawk Flooring emphasizes using recycled and renewable resources in its products.

• Products: The company manufacturers quality carpet, area rugs, hardwood, tile, laminate, and resilient vinyl.

• Family friendly: Mohawk Flooring carpets are unusually resistant to the stains, dirt and wear and tear that come from kids and pets. Many of the options have stain and soil protection permanently built in.

• Warranties: Lifetime stain warranties are offered on many carpets.

• Best for: Mohawk Flooring carpets are tailored toward people with pets and kids, luxury shoppers. Green shoppers can find products made with recycled and renewable resources.

Profile picture of Joseph Truini
Joseph Truini Home Improvement Contributing Editor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.

Mohawk Flooring Company Information