Take a quiz, get matched with an Accredited Partner!

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.18/5

Moen Reviews

Original review: Feb. 3, 2020

No service when you call, call back not on same day??? I wanted to talk to someone today. Not another day. Of course they have heavier than usual calls; they probably employ or outsource one person to handle it. Here I thought Moen was a good company! I'll be thinking twice before I purchase one of their products again.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

My Call handled by a call center which is a downgrade compared to the personal service that the company used to provide. The call center took my order and told me it might take 2 weeks to receive two parts that are needed to fix my bathroom faucet. This is unacceptable on the basis that I cannot use the bathroom sink because the hot water is not available. It had to be taken apart to determine that the plastic part under the replacement cartridge had broken. I doubt that I will buy Moen again, not because of the product, but because of the difficulty of the call. The wait time is inexcusable.

Get expert buying tips about Bathroom and Kitchen Faucets delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2020

Moen Essie Touchless kitchen faucet. DON'T BUY IT!!! The faucet drips after turning off 5-10 times & up to 20 seconds later. I called support and they said that this drip is common among their faucets since it's a goose neck style. I have observed 3 other goose neck faucets in friend's home over last week and not one of them drip!!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2020

We have many Moen products in our home and they all work great. We did recently encounter a problem with a hose. Moen offers a lifetime warranty so I contacted them. They spoke with me over the phone and assured me a new hose would be to me in 5-10 business days. They asked for my address at the beginning of the call, mid way through and again at the end.

2 weeks later I get a call from Moen saying Canada Post had the wrong address. The lady needed to update my address with them and then my product would be delivered. Another week went by and nothing. I called Moen back and they told me Canada Post delivered the package back to them and did not attempt to come to me. But that Moen had sent it out again that same day.

13 days later still no hose, I contact Moen yet again and they say it is Canada Post's fault and it is on the way. I asked for a tracking number so I can track the package. When I got it, I looked it up and the "shipped date" was just yesterday, not 13 days ago like they told me. They lied to me 3 times now and now I am still doing dishes out of a bathroom sink because of them. In the future I will not buy Moen products. The product is good but the customer service is horrible, they lie and do not deserve my business or anyone eases. I suggest you stay away.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2020

Moen customer service rots. I have called trying to order a replacement part at least 5 times. On one occasion I immediately told to call back later. On another occasion I was told they would call back in 90 minutes but received a return call 4 hours later when I could not answer the call because I was driving and did not have the part number I needed. On the last 3 occasions I never received a return call. Their call center does not allow you to talk to a human being. I am trying to get a replacement part that should only cost less than $5 but no one returns the calls.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Moen?

Original review: Nov. 22, 2019

I'm stunned what Moen is perpetrating on the market. About seven years ago we bought a kitchen faucet. It was quite expensive but had all of the characteristics we were looking for. Then, it recently developed a small leak. The faucet has since been discontinued and the website support was inadequate. I called the support and found that "they had an unusually high call volume" and would I like them to call back. I said yes and pressed the appropriate digit and the auto-response came back with a day in the following week! WHAT??

I called back and went through the whole voice routing again. This time I replied with the only other digit and the voice came back and said, "Ok. Please hang up and thank you for calling." So there I was, with a disassembled faucet and no help from Moen. I've never believed in big government. Still don't. But here is a case where an agency of some sort should step in an throw the Board and Executive Management into jail until they understand that (1) ripping off customers with faulty and overpriced products is criminal, and (2) setting up a remarkably poor customer service model to discourage customers and make them give up is likewise an affront to American capitalism.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2019

My house is 4 years old. Within a week, I called 3 times. I got a voice recording telling me they’ll call me back. Just pick a time. They gave me their hours. I picked 3 times. None were good. I finally got one. I waited for that call. I never got one. I called again. Picked another time. No call. I did it one more time. Nothing. So, I emailed them. This was all in a week. I call that Friday. A gal answered. She said they’d get me part to me between 5-7 days. That was 2 weeks ago. My leak is worse. They didn’t even mail it for 4 days. It went from Vegas to California. I’m in Utah. I’m loaded. Now I have a high water bill and yard water 3’ up my shower, including my glass. I’m so pissed.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2019

Purchased Shower Head and plumber removed "flow restrictor". This product has a flow restrictor easily removed with the "flick" of a screwdriver. Water flow too forceful for showering. Even though this is a product made by Moen (that allows for the removal of flow restrictor-were advised that this action "voided" the warranty for this issue and any other issue of this product that might occur in future). The only information I was able to get from customer service/supervisor customer service was that "plumber" should have known not to remove flow restrictor..if so why does Moen make this product with a flow restrictor that can be removed? This is confusing to me as a customer. An expensive lesson that I hope doesn't happen to others purchasing Moen products.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2019

In February 2010, we had a new jetted bathtub installed in our ensuite as part of a major renovation. In November of 2019, we had many litres of water escape from the bathtub and flood our basement area. The escape was due to the catastrophic failure of the brass tube which feeds the water into the tub's faucet. The brass tube had a hole approximately 1 inch in diameter.

The part was purported to have a lifetime warranty. Our plumber encouraged us to make a claim as he was concerned that he would not be able to obtain the replacement part but would have to replace the entire faucet unit, which would cost $300 to $400. A warranty claim, with proof of purchase and photos showing the damaged part was submitted and request that a new part be provided. No claim was made for any time (several hours of clean up) or expense incurred in dealing with this failure.

Although a Moen representative promised a call back the next day, none was forthcoming. Moen's website promises a response within 2 business days. None was forthcoming, prompting me to make another call on the third business day. After waiting on hold for several minutes, I was then told by another representative that my claim had been denied because the part had failed due to "water damage". The part in question apparently can be purchased for approximately $25.00.

Original review: July 25, 2019

Allegedly my kitchen faucet has a lifetime warranty. I called in and confirmed all the necessary information. I was told by the agent that they would ship my replacement (parts) in two days. Over two weeks later nothing. I call back - can't get though voice mail system. No option to talk to a live person. Set up for a callback, but system kicks me out. Call back again and finally find a time the system likes. I get auto-call back the next day. Then 10 mins on hold. Then I get an agent. I provide all info, she looks up my case # and puts me on hold. 12 mins later comes back and stated, "Your order was never completed." She assures me she will expedite. We will see. But what a mess - horrible way to run a company. They really don't want to stand behind their product!!!! Buy Kohler. Much better company!

Moen expert review by Jonathan Trout

With corporate offices around the world, Moen is a worldwide bathroom and kitchen fixture brand. It designs and sells multiple collections of faucets in different colors and finishes. Choose from modern or traditional styles and one of four installation types.

• Installation types: Moen offers centerset, widespread, single-hole and wall-mount faucet installation types. They also offer shower-only, tub and shower combo and roman tub faucets. Each type can be found in its many designs and collections.

• M Pact: The M Pact makes changing your faucet as easy as changing a lightbulb. If your Moen faucet is M Pact compatible, you can change your faucet without ever touching the plumbing. All changes can be made about the deck or in front of the wall.

• Spot Resist: Spot Resist is available on a variety of styles for kitchen and bathroom faucets. It prevents buildup, fingerprints and water spots on your faucets and is easy to wipe down.

• MotionSense: Moen faucets with MotionSense technology let you start and stop water flow by waving your hand near the faucet. It has two sensors, one near the handle and one at the top of the fixture. Switch it to manual mode if you want to use your hands to control water flow.

• Reflex technology: Moen faucets with Reflex technology use a retractable hose that allows you to pull the faucet head away from the faucet. When you’re done, it retracts back into the faucet.

• Best for: consumers wanting multiple choices in faucet types and styles.

by Jonathan Trout ConsumerAffairs Research Team