Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Moen Reviews

Original review: July 25, 2019

Allegedly my kitchen faucet has a lifetime warranty. I called in and confirmed all the necessary information. I was told by the agent that they would ship my replacement (parts) in two days. Over two weeks later nothing. I call back - can't get though voice mail system. No option to talk to a live person. Set up for a callback, but system kicks me out. Call back again and finally find a time the system likes. I get auto-call back the next day. Then 10 mins on hold. Then I get an agent. I provide all info, she looks up my case # and puts me on hold. 12 mins later comes back and stated, "Your order was never completed." She assures me she will expedite. We will see. But what a mess - horrible way to run a company. They really don't want to stand behind their product!!!! Buy Kohler. Much better company!

Original review: June 23, 2019

Moen is starting to become a poor quality product. WE have bought a Moen model #82604 which was great for a period of 2 years, after the two year mark the faucet started only shooting hot water out. Waiting to hear from Moen... but answer as of yet... Thank you to Grohe bathtub fixtures, at least we can stay clean.

Get expert buying tips about Bathroom and Kitchen Faucets delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 14, 2019

I can't say enough good things about this company and how they stand behind their products. I recently called Customer Service to talk to them about the black finish coming off of my 10 year old kitchen faucet. After sending them a picture of the faucet they agreed to replace it. Since my model was no longer available, they allowed me to choose another model. And 2 days later, my new faucet arrived at my door. Thank you Moen! I am a very happy customer!

Original review: May 16, 2019

Bought a Moen kitchen faucet which wasn't cheap. Three weeks after install, the housing on the handle blew apart. Plumber came, fixed it, but said it's a bad design and will most likely reoccur. It did, he fixed it again. Happened a 3rd time and we had it replaced with a Delta. Moen refused to do anything but send replacement parts that weren't even the issue. Awful customer service, awful product. I will NEVER buy Moen again. PS the Delta is wonderful.

Original review: May 7, 2019

DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT. Ours started leaking out of the stem (must be a bad valve) after 7 months... It was NOT the hose or anything for removable sprayer, it leaked badly continuously. Premium products used to be BETTER than the cheap stuff, now they just charge more but are the same (actually worse) than old standard quality American products. This was a $130 dollar piece of junk.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Moen?

Original review: April 26, 2019

Very poor design, very heavy, hose is very stiff. You should be ready for a good fight instead of a relaxing shower. They usually have great products but this time they missed the boat. Had I not had the valve mounted I would have taken back. I paid $209 for it at Menards.

Original review: April 23, 2019

Our 4 year old faucet was defective and leaked significantly. The warranty proved to be worthless unless we wanted to be without a kitchen faucet for up to 3 weeks. Product was defective, which happens, but their so called warranty is less than desirable. Would not deal with this company based on the lack of any suitable resolution for this issue. 0% satisfied. Buyer beware!

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

Purchased and installed a model 87830 single handle kitchen faucet in December, 2006. In February, 2019, it began to drip. On February 19, I contacted Moen, advised the representative of what the faucet was doing, and she identified five replacement parts that would be shipped to me. She indicated they would probably come in two or more separate packages. She asked if I would like to pay extra for expedited shipping, which I declined. On February 22, 23, and 24, I received separate emails notifying me that a portion of the order was shipped. It took five days to get all the parts in the mail. The first package was received today, February 27. On Saturday, February 23, the faucet handle came loose and water began spraying out the back of the faucet, onto the splash guard, and into the cabinet below. We had to have a functioning kitchen faucet, so I bought and installed a Moen model 87202 faucet.

I contacted Moen thinking that they would at least partially reimburse me for the new faucet. They refused and suggested that I return it to the store where I bought it. I reminded the representative that the new faucet had already been assembled, installed and used; why would the store take it back when what happened wasn't their fault? I was told the warranty only covers replacement parts, and any cost or inconvenience the consumer might encounter was not Moen's responsibility. I'm not pleased that, through no fault of my own, I had to purchase a second faucet that I wouldn't have needed if their product hadn't failed.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

I’ve been buying nothing but Moen products for bath and kitchen since the 1980’s because I was convinced of their high quality. Over time I was proved right… until 2016 when my plumber installed a replacement kitchen faucet which was a “Moen Banbury Single-Handle Pull-Out Sprayer Kitchen Faucet with Power Clean” and it lasted less than a year before developing a crack or pin hole somewhere in the faucet that leaked into my cupboard. Fortunately the plumber took care of return and replacement. Thinking this was a rare occurrence, I purchased another Banbury in 2017 for another sink and this one lasted 15 months before leaking. Replacing the cartridge did not help.

I called Moen, and it took 2 days to speak to someone because nobody would pick up the phone. Instead you have to schedule a “callback.” Then I learned that they would send me parts that they guessed had failed at no cost but I would be responsible for installation or paying a huge plumber’s fee. I was dissatisfied and elected instead to get an entirely new fixture. I learned the fixture was going to be free but there would be a $55 (plus tax) “processing fee.” What kind of guarantee is that!? I won’t be buying Moen again. Quality has deteriorated and the guarantee seems to have hidden costs. The brand name is tarnished now for me. May as well buy cheaper stuff at 1/3 the cost, and then the inevitable replacement is less painful. Like so many products, greed for bigger profit seem to outweigh quality control, durability and customer satisfaction.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

We purchased a house with an IO Digital shower. At first we were excited! Our excitement quickly changed to frustration and disappointment! First of all if there is a power failure you can not take a shower!!! After the power comes back on you have to take the access panel off which is a job in itself. Reboot the system and pray it comes back on! A year ago the shower wouldn't work at all. We called customer service and they sent us a new cord as a favor. (A favor are you kidding me.) Attached the cord and it worked for about 6 months, reboot again, pray etc.

Today it stopped working for good. Called customer service again and again. As a favor they will send me another cord. I ended up calling the corporate offices. (What a mistake!) The customer service person I talked to said, "Well it's old. They don't last forever." Are you kidding??? We are currently looking for a contractor to remove this inferior product and replace it with a good old fashioned knob that probably would last longer than 5 years and a fraction of the price! We would not recommend this product!

Moen expert review by Jonathan Trout

With corporate offices around the world, Moen is a worldwide bathroom and kitchen fixture brand. It designs and sells multiple collections of faucets in different colors and finishes. Choose from modern or traditional styles and one of four installation types.

• Installation types: Moen offers centerset, widespread, single-hole and wall-mount faucet installation types. They also offer shower-only, tub and shower combo and roman tub faucets. Each type can be found in its many designs and collections.

• M Pact: The M Pact makes changing your faucet as easy as changing a lightbulb. If your Moen faucet is M Pact compatible, you can change your faucet without ever touching the plumbing. All changes can be made about the deck or in front of the wall.

• Spot Resist: Spot Resist is available on a variety of styles for kitchen and bathroom faucets. It prevents buildup, fingerprints and water spots on your faucets and is easy to wipe down.

• MotionSense: Moen faucets with MotionSense technology let you start and stop water flow by waving your hand near the faucet. It has two sensors, one near the handle and one at the top of the fixture. Switch it to manual mode if you want to use your hands to control water flow.

• Reflex technology: Moen faucets with Reflex technology use a retractable hose that allows you to pull the faucet head away from the faucet. When you’re done, it retracts back into the faucet.

• Best for: consumers wanting multiple choices in faucet types and styles.

Profile picture of Jonathan Trout