Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.07/5

Need help with a repair or new project?

Get matched with a contractor or specialist on HomeAdvisor

Get started

Need help with a repair or new project?

Get matched with a contractor or specialist on HomeAdvisor

Get started

Moen Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Moen?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Moen?

Original review: June 19, 2020

I recently purchased and installed a Moen Marietta kitchen faucet set. The built-in soap dispenser that came with it doesn't work. Calling customer service left us with only the option to schedule a return call from them, 2 days later at a specific time. Waited for the call and never received one. Possibly the worst customer service I've ever experienced. Evidently their quality control is profoundly lacking and their customer service department needs a lot more representatives. We won't be buying Moen again.

Original review: June 10, 2020

If there was an opportunity to give 0 Stars that's what they would get. Today, I had the displeasure of speaking with the Northern Ontario representative for Ontario, Canada. His name was Pierre. He was flippant and blase in dealing with me and I did not appreciate his unprofessionalism. The bathtub faucet I bought would leak for a full measurable 5 minutes after I turned it off and then approximately 20 minutes to half an hour later would just initiate some more leaking on its own for under about a minute or two. The store where I bought it, replaced it for me with no issue. I had my contractor install it again and I'm having the same problem, albeit to a lesser degree. The store where I bought it, felt it to be a Moen problem at this point, hence my contact with the terrible representative.

This representative tells me that "all faucets do this nowadays" because of the PEX plumbing that is used. I disagreed as I know my contractor well, he is a family friend, AND my dad is a plumber, not to mention I have other friends and family whom I visit for holidays and I know factually and first hand that this does not happen "with all other newer faucets nowadays". He tells me that he is unable to help me because, once again, "all the faucets do that nowadays because of the PEX plumbing". I will not be buying a Moen product EVER AGAIN and Moen can thank their representative, Pierre, for that. IT may be that they don't care...however, it is one recourse I have in my power, that, and to tell my story to anyone who will listen or cares to know. K. **

Get buying tips about Bathroom and Kitchen Faucets delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 31, 2020

We purchased the Moen 7864ewsrs sleek wave kitchen faucet in February and installed in on May 18th 2020. The faucet looks great, but its performance is well below par to other touch less faucets. The two major issues are 1: the faucet shuts off after 60 seconds and can’t be adjusted, 2: you can not adjust the flow from fast to slow and use the touch less feature, it then becomes a manual faucet. I will never purchase a moen product again, due to the product doesn’t display all of it features. I verified my findings by calling Moen customer service and was told that the product works as I described it.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2020

No service when you call, call back not on same day??? I wanted to talk to someone today. Not another day. Of course they have heavier than usual calls; they probably employ or outsource one person to handle it. Here I thought Moen was a good company! I'll be thinking twice before I purchase one of their products again.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

My Call handled by a call center which is a downgrade compared to the personal service that the company used to provide. The call center took my order and told me it might take 2 weeks to receive two parts that are needed to fix my bathroom faucet. This is unacceptable on the basis that I cannot use the bathroom sink because the hot water is not available. It had to be taken apart to determine that the plastic part under the replacement cartridge had broken. I doubt that I will buy Moen again, not because of the product, but because of the difficulty of the call. The wait time is inexcusable.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2020

Moen Essie Touchless kitchen faucet. DON'T BUY IT!!! The faucet drips after turning off 5-10 times & up to 20 seconds later. I called support and they said that this drip is common among their faucets since it's a goose neck style. I have observed 3 other goose neck faucets in friend's home over last week and not one of them drip!!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2020

We have many Moen products in our home and they all work great. We did recently encounter a problem with a hose. Moen offers a lifetime warranty so I contacted them. They spoke with me over the phone and assured me a new hose would be to me in 5-10 business days. They asked for my address at the beginning of the call, mid way through and again at the end.

2 weeks later I get a call from Moen saying Canada Post had the wrong address. The lady needed to update my address with them and then my product would be delivered. Another week went by and nothing. I called Moen back and they told me Canada Post delivered the package back to them and did not attempt to come to me. But that Moen had sent it out again that same day.

13 days later still no hose, I contact Moen yet again and they say it is Canada Post's fault and it is on the way. I asked for a tracking number so I can track the package. When I got it, I looked it up and the "shipped date" was just yesterday, not 13 days ago like they told me. They lied to me 3 times now and now I am still doing dishes out of a bathroom sink because of them. In the future I will not buy Moen products. The product is good but the customer service is horrible, they lie and do not deserve my business or anyone eases. I suggest you stay away.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2020

Moen customer service rots. I have called trying to order a replacement part at least 5 times. On one occasion I immediately told to call back later. On another occasion I was told they would call back in 90 minutes but received a return call 4 hours later when I could not answer the call because I was driving and did not have the part number I needed. On the last 3 occasions I never received a return call. Their call center does not allow you to talk to a human being. I am trying to get a replacement part that should only cost less than $5 but no one returns the calls.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2019

I'm stunned what Moen is perpetrating on the market. About seven years ago we bought a kitchen faucet. It was quite expensive but had all of the characteristics we were looking for. Then, it recently developed a small leak. The faucet has since been discontinued and the website support was inadequate. I called the support and found that "they had an unusually high call volume" and would I like them to call back. I said yes and pressed the appropriate digit and the auto-response came back with a day in the following week! WHAT??

I called back and went through the whole voice routing again. This time I replied with the only other digit and the voice came back and said, "Ok. Please hang up and thank you for calling." So there I was, with a disassembled faucet and no help from Moen. I've never believed in big government. Still don't. But here is a case where an agency of some sort should step in an throw the Board and Executive Management into jail until they understand that (1) ripping off customers with faulty and overpriced products is criminal, and (2) setting up a remarkably poor customer service model to discourage customers and make them give up is likewise an affront to American capitalism.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2019

My house is 4 years old. Within a week, I called 3 times. I got a voice recording telling me they’ll call me back. Just pick a time. They gave me their hours. I picked 3 times. None were good. I finally got one. I waited for that call. I never got one. I called again. Picked another time. No call. I did it one more time. Nothing. So, I emailed them. This was all in a week. I call that Friday. A gal answered. She said they’d get me part to me between 5-7 days. That was 2 weeks ago. My leak is worse. They didn’t even mail it for 4 days. It went from Vegas to California. I’m in Utah. I’m loaded. Now I have a high water bill and yard water 3’ up my shower, including my glass. I’m so pissed.

Moen author review by Jonathan Trout

With corporate offices around the world, Moen is a worldwide bathroom and kitchen fixture brand. It designs and sells multiple collections of faucets in different colors and finishes. Choose from modern or traditional styles and one of four installation types.

• Installation types: Moen offers centerset, widespread, single-hole and wall-mount faucet installation types. They also offer shower-only, tub and shower combo and roman tub faucets. Each type can be found in its many designs and collections.

• M Pact: The M Pact makes changing your faucet as easy as changing a lightbulb. If your Moen faucet is M Pact compatible, you can change your faucet without ever touching the plumbing. All changes can be made about the deck or in front of the wall.

• Spot Resist: Spot Resist is available on a variety of styles for kitchen and bathroom faucets. It prevents buildup, fingerprints and water spots on your faucets and is easy to wipe down.

• MotionSense: Moen faucets with MotionSense technology let you start and stop water flow by waving your hand near the faucet. It has two sensors, one near the handle and one at the top of the fixture. Switch it to manual mode if you want to use your hands to control water flow.

• Reflex technology: Moen faucets with Reflex technology use a retractable hose that allows you to pull the faucet head away from the faucet. When you’re done, it retracts back into the faucet.

by Jonathan Trout ConsumerAffairs Research Team