Protect What Matters Most

Compare Quotes

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Moen Reviews

Original review: Nov. 22, 2019

I'm stunned what Moen is perpetrating on the market. About seven years ago we bought a kitchen faucet. It was quite expensive but had all of the characteristics we were looking for. Then, it recently developed a small leak. The faucet has since been discontinued and the website support was inadequate. I called the support and found that "they had an unusually high call volume" and would I like them to call back. I said yes and pressed the appropriate digit and the auto-response came back with a day in the following week! WHAT??

I called back and went through the whole voice routing again. This time I replied with the only other digit and the voice came back and said, "Ok. Please hang up and thank you for calling." So there I was, with a disassembled faucet and no help from Moen. I've never believed in big government. Still don't. But here is a case where an agency of some sort should step in an throw the Board and Executive Management into jail until they understand that (1) ripping off customers with faulty and overpriced products is criminal, and (2) setting up a remarkably poor customer service model to discourage customers and make them give up is likewise an affront to American capitalism.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2019

My house is 4 years old. Within a week, I called 3 times. I got a voice recording telling me they’ll call me back. Just pick a time. They gave me their hours. I picked 3 times. None were good. I finally got one. I waited for that call. I never got one. I called again. Picked another time. No call. I did it one more time. Nothing. So, I emailed them. This was all in a week. I call that Friday. A gal answered. She said they’d get me part to me between 5-7 days. That was 2 weeks ago. My leak is worse. They didn’t even mail it for 4 days. It went from Vegas to California. I’m in Utah. I’m loaded. Now I have a high water bill and yard water 3’ up my shower, including my glass. I’m so pissed.

Get expert buying tips about Bathroom and Kitchen Faucets delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Nov. 21, 2019

Purchased Shower Head and plumber removed "flow restrictor". This product has a flow restrictor easily removed with the "flick" of a screwdriver. Water flow too forceful for showering. Even though this is a product made by Moen (that allows for the removal of flow restrictor-were advised that this action "voided" the warranty for this issue and any other issue of this product that might occur in future). The only information I was able to get from customer service/supervisor customer service was that "plumber" should have known not to remove flow restrictor..if so why does Moen make this product with a flow restrictor that can be removed? This is confusing to me as a customer. An expensive lesson that I hope doesn't happen to others purchasing Moen products.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2019

In February 2010, we had a new jetted bathtub installed in our ensuite as part of a major renovation. In November of 2019, we had many litres of water escape from the bathtub and flood our basement area. The escape was due to the catastrophic failure of the brass tube which feeds the water into the tub's faucet. The brass tube had a hole approximately 1 inch in diameter.

The part was purported to have a lifetime warranty. Our plumber encouraged us to make a claim as he was concerned that he would not be able to obtain the replacement part but would have to replace the entire faucet unit, which would cost $300 to $400. A warranty claim, with proof of purchase and photos showing the damaged part was submitted and request that a new part be provided. No claim was made for any time (several hours of clean up) or expense incurred in dealing with this failure.

Although a Moen representative promised a call back the next day, none was forthcoming. Moen's website promises a response within 2 business days. None was forthcoming, prompting me to make another call on the third business day. After waiting on hold for several minutes, I was then told by another representative that my claim had been denied because the part had failed due to "water damage". The part in question apparently can be purchased for approximately $25.00.

Original review: July 25, 2019

Allegedly my kitchen faucet has a lifetime warranty. I called in and confirmed all the necessary information. I was told by the agent that they would ship my replacement (parts) in two days. Over two weeks later nothing. I call back - can't get though voice mail system. No option to talk to a live person. Set up for a callback, but system kicks me out. Call back again and finally find a time the system likes. I get auto-call back the next day. Then 10 mins on hold. Then I get an agent. I provide all info, she looks up my case # and puts me on hold. 12 mins later comes back and stated, "Your order was never completed." She assures me she will expedite. We will see. But what a mess - horrible way to run a company. They really don't want to stand behind their product!!!! Buy Kohler. Much better company!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Moen?

Original review: June 23, 2019

Moen is starting to become a poor quality product. WE have bought a Moen model #82604 which was great for a period of 2 years, after the two year mark the faucet started only shooting hot water out. Waiting to hear from Moen... but answer as of yet... Thank you to Grohe bathtub fixtures, at least we can stay clean.

Original review: June 14, 2019

I can't say enough good things about this company and how they stand behind their products. I recently called Customer Service to talk to them about the black finish coming off of my 10 year old kitchen faucet. After sending them a picture of the faucet they agreed to replace it. Since my model was no longer available, they allowed me to choose another model. And 2 days later, my new faucet arrived at my door. Thank you Moen! I am a very happy customer!

Original review: May 16, 2019

Bought a Moen kitchen faucet which wasn't cheap. Three weeks after install, the housing on the handle blew apart. Plumber came, fixed it, but said it's a bad design and will most likely reoccur. It did, he fixed it again. Happened a 3rd time and we had it replaced with a Delta. Moen refused to do anything but send replacement parts that weren't even the issue. Awful customer service, awful product. I will NEVER buy Moen again. PS the Delta is wonderful.

Original review: May 7, 2019

DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT. Ours started leaking out of the stem (must be a bad valve) after 7 months... It was NOT the hose or anything for removable sprayer, it leaked badly continuously. Premium products used to be BETTER than the cheap stuff, now they just charge more but are the same (actually worse) than old standard quality American products. This was a $130 dollar piece of junk.

Original review: April 26, 2019

Very poor design, very heavy, hose is very stiff. You should be ready for a good fight instead of a relaxing shower. They usually have great products but this time they missed the boat. Had I not had the valve mounted I would have taken back. I paid $209 for it at Menards.

Moen expert review by Jonathan Trout

With corporate offices around the world, Moen is a worldwide bathroom and kitchen fixture brand. It designs and sells multiple collections of faucets in different colors and finishes. Choose from modern or traditional styles and one of four installation types.

• Installation types: Moen offers centerset, widespread, single-hole and wall-mount faucet installation types. They also offer shower-only, tub and shower combo and roman tub faucets. Each type can be found in its many designs and collections.

• M Pact: The M Pact makes changing your faucet as easy as changing a lightbulb. If your Moen faucet is M Pact compatible, you can change your faucet without ever touching the plumbing. All changes can be made about the deck or in front of the wall.

• Spot Resist: Spot Resist is available on a variety of styles for kitchen and bathroom faucets. It prevents buildup, fingerprints and water spots on your faucets and is easy to wipe down.

• MotionSense: Moen faucets with MotionSense technology let you start and stop water flow by waving your hand near the faucet. It has two sensors, one near the handle and one at the top of the fixture. Switch it to manual mode if you want to use your hands to control water flow.

• Reflex technology: Moen faucets with Reflex technology use a retractable hose that allows you to pull the faucet head away from the faucet. When you’re done, it retracts back into the faucet.

• Best for: consumers wanting multiple choices in faucet types and styles.

Profile picture of Jonathan Trout