1.2/5 (198 ratings)

About Miracle-Gro

Miracle-Gro Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Miracle-Gro?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Miracle-Gro?

Original review: June 2, 2020

So disappointed with this soul. Spent $9 a bag only to Rio the first bag open to have some gnats come out. I didn’t think anything of it and continued to open up the moldy smelling bags with more small gnats. In a few hours there was thousands of the gnats (aphids) eating through my vegetables. It’s been 17 hours since and I tried spraying organic aphid repellent last night and it’s gotten so bad all my plants are destroyed. I’m so distraught and out hundreds of dollars.

Original review: June 2, 2020

I transplanted three large plants using this product and here I am two months later, and I only have one plant left. I have treated the soil with nematodes and put hundreds of dollars into trying to eradicate these pests!! I'm beyond pissed that this company sells a product that's so infested with a troublesome pest to get rid of. They are literally everywhere in my house. They are so thick in the room with my last house plant my mother gave me years ago, that I can hardly stand to be in that room. I don't know what to do other than toss a plant that I've had for years. I have emailed the company and received no response.

Three bags costing around $21 has turned into hundreds of dollars wasted trying to make this nightmare go away!! Not to mention having to clean up the thousands upon thousands of these things all over the house. I will never buy another product from them ever again!! I hope their business tanks for the crap they are pulling!! Worst experience EVER!!!

Original review: May 31, 2020

Brought several 1.5 cu. ft. bags of the Garden Soil from our local Home Depot.... When I say garbage that is exactly what I mean. Plastic, Glass, etc... You name it it was in there, they are selling us straight up crap. We know you don't care as long as the money keeps flowing in, but you did lose a customer here, be proud of yourselves. You got me for the last $100 I'll ever give to your company.

Original review: May 31, 2020

I purchased 3 bags (2cu ft) Miracle-Gro ‘Garden Soil All Purpose For In Ground Use’ at just about $9.00 a bag at Home Depot. As I used the first bag I found a plastic filter to a cigar. As I used the second bag I found shreds of an aluminum can. I haven’t finished that bag or opened the third bag because I counted on this name brand to be quality and am rather disappointed. I wasn’t expecting to have to sort through bagged soil to pull out someone’s garbage.

Original review: April 30, 2020

First bag I opened had COCKROACHES. I tossed it. Second bag slowly killed my African Violets. I couldn't figure out why they were suffering, as I was watering diligently and routinely repotting when they previously were so happy and constantly blooming. Gnats started appearing and I thought, maybe it's from the roses I bought from Trader Joe's. But the problem followed me each time I moved. I realized the problems started after I ran out of my old specialty potting mix I purchased from the African Violet Club back when I lived in Florida and started this one. I lost half of my plants. I'm so sad. Most of them (except two, and I had forty plants total) I started from leaf and took over a year to get them to fully flourishing and flowering.

Original review: March 14, 2020

There is no reason to buy this third world crap if you care about your plants, because obviously they do not. It is infested with vermin. I gave them a break last time, but a year later my fungus gnat traps are overfull. Yuck. No respect for horticulture at all. They have a name. Nothing more.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2020

I always use Happy Frog and regret purchasing Miracle Gro seed Starter- all seedlings died- and Miracle Gro Pitting Soil. White mold grows on the soil surface. I have fungus gnats all through my kitchen and bathroom. I’m honestly furious...They make their millions and we all have to deal with the aftermath?! I reported 11 plants over two days and this...disaster. :( Many of my plants are on a slow decline that can’t be overcome due to rotten roots and spreading disease throughout the plant. Heartbreaking.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2020

I wanted to express my disappointment in a bag of soil that I recently purchased. I am an avid gardener and start many microgreens and starter seedlings indoors for my vegetable gardens. I recently purchased a bag of Moisture Control potting mix to top up my house plants. I was horrified to find that the soil was totally infested with fungus gnats. I didn't use very much of the soil (because I saw the fungus gnats), but the little bit that I did use allowed the infestations to get into my house plants. I am now very concerned about my microgreens that I have in the house and the seeds that I will be starting soon. As you know fungus gnats are very difficult to get rid of and can be disasterous to small seedlings. I will NEVER purchase a Miracle-Gro product again. I can't risk this happening again.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

I repotted my decided Mother's 25 year old plant and now there are thousands of gnats all over the plant, stand, floor, window and blinds. I am devastated! I was told to use dawn dish soap with water in a spray bottle. And spray the soil every day till they are gone and use Bayer bug spray to kill the gnats in the house. Also read to remove one inch of soil and replace with sand. I am currently doing all of the above to all of my many house plants thanks to "Miracle-gro". Buyer beware!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2020

I purchased Miracle Gro Potting Mix last year and fought off gnats all winter and spring and had to re-pot all of my plants as the gnats were killing my house plants. I then paid more for a smaller bag of Miracle Gro Moisture Control and I am still having problems with my plants. Water doesn't filter through the dirt to nourish the plants, so again there are no flowers, they look sickly and I am going to have to re-pot the house plants again. I purchased the Miracle Gro at Lowe's and Home Depot. Did you have a bad year? You use to be best on the market, now I don't know what soil to choose.

Miracle-Gro Company Information