Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.19/5

Miracle-Gro Reviews

Original review: April 30, 2020

First bag I opened had COCKROACHES. I tossed it. Second bag slowly killed my African Violets. I couldn't figure out why they were suffering, as I was watering diligently and routinely repotting when they previously were so happy and constantly blooming. Gnats started appearing and I thought, maybe it's from the roses I bought from Trader Joe's. But the problem followed me each time I moved. I realized the problems started after I ran out of my old specialty potting mix I purchased from the African Violet Club back when I lived in Florida and started this one. I lost half of my plants. I'm so sad. Most of them (except two, and I had forty plants total) I started from leaf and took over a year to get them to fully flourishing and flowering.

Original review: March 14, 2020

There is no reason to buy this third world crap if you care about your plants, because obviously they do not. It is infested with vermin. I gave them a break last time, but a year later my fungus gnat traps are overfull. Yuck. No respect for horticulture at all. They have a name. Nothing more.

Get buying tips about Lawn Equipment and Garden Plants delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2020

I always use Happy Frog and regret purchasing Miracle Gro seed Starter- all seedlings died- and Miracle Gro Pitting Soil. White mold grows on the soil surface. I have fungus gnats all through my kitchen and bathroom. I’m honestly furious...They make their millions and we all have to deal with the aftermath?! I reported 11 plants over two days and this...disaster. :( Many of my plants are on a slow decline that can’t be overcome due to rotten roots and spreading disease throughout the plant. Heartbreaking.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2020

I wanted to express my disappointment in a bag of soil that I recently purchased. I am an avid gardener and start many microgreens and starter seedlings indoors for my vegetable gardens. I recently purchased a bag of Moisture Control potting mix to top up my house plants. I was horrified to find that the soil was totally infested with fungus gnats. I didn't use very much of the soil (because I saw the fungus gnats), but the little bit that I did use allowed the infestations to get into my house plants. I am now very concerned about my microgreens that I have in the house and the seeds that I will be starting soon. As you know fungus gnats are very difficult to get rid of and can be disasterous to small seedlings. I will NEVER purchase a Miracle-Gro product again. I can't risk this happening again.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

I repotted my decided Mother's 25 year old plant and now there are thousands of gnats all over the plant, stand, floor, window and blinds. I am devastated! I was told to use dawn dish soap with water in a spray bottle. And spray the soil every day till they are gone and use Bayer bug spray to kill the gnats in the house. Also read to remove one inch of soil and replace with sand. I am currently doing all of the above to all of my many house plants thanks to "Miracle-gro". Buyer beware!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Miracle-Gro?

Original review: Jan. 17, 2020

I purchased Miracle Gro Potting Mix last year and fought off gnats all winter and spring and had to re-pot all of my plants as the gnats were killing my house plants. I then paid more for a smaller bag of Miracle Gro Moisture Control and I am still having problems with my plants. Water doesn't filter through the dirt to nourish the plants, so again there are no flowers, they look sickly and I am going to have to re-pot the house plants again. I purchased the Miracle Gro at Lowe's and Home Depot. Did you have a bad year? You use to be best on the market, now I don't know what soil to choose.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2019

I have been a indoor and outdoor gardener for 40 years. I lost many plants this year not realizing Miracle Gro soil was to blame. The organic, the seed starter and the potting mix all three should be removed from Lowe's and Home Depot shelves. All three caused slow growth and then death. The soils do not drain. They quickly form white fungus without overwatering. Root rot without overwatering. And wilting slowly to death without soil ever drying out.

Original review: July 10, 2019

Miracle-Gro Indoor Potting Soil should be removed from the shelves until they can figure out how to sell soil without bugs. Used this product for years. Recently repotted (over a dozen) plants that are all infested with these gnats. This is the second time in a row it has happened. First time I thought ok bad batch. No, this is a problem. I will never use their Indoor Potting Soil again. They should come to my house, rinse the roots of all my plants and repot them on healthy soil that they advertise.

Original review: June 17, 2019

I have noticed over the last few years that the quality of this product was going downhill... Mold, bits of trash, big rocks, and worst of all is the little nettle-like slivers it causes! I kept buying it hoping it would improve. Last week I used some and got MANY slivers in my hands! I got all of them out except one and it is deep and festered and infected! If I end up having to go to the ER or my DR. over using this product I will do everything IN MY POWER TO MAKE SURE THEY PAY FOR IT!

Original review: June 3, 2019

I added Miracle-Gro potting mix to my mango and papaya trees that I have been growing for 10 years and in one day it killed all 4 trees. It dried it out and all of the leaves fell off. Is very upsetting. I will never buy this product again.

Miracle-Gro Company Information