1.20/5

Looking for Lawn Equipment and Garden Plants?

Miracle-Gro

Looking for Lawn Equipment and Garden Plants?

188 Miracle-Gro Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 10, 2019

Miracle-Gro Indoor Potting Soil should be removed from the shelves until they can figure out how to sell soil without bugs. Used this product for years. Recently repotted (over a dozen) plants that are all infested with these gnats. This is the second time in a row it has happened. First time I thought ok bad batch. No, this is a problem. I will never use their Indoor Potting Soil again. They should come to my house, rinse the roots of all my plants and repot them on healthy soil that they advertise.

Original review: June 17, 2019

I have noticed over the last few years that the quality of this product was going downhill... Mold, bits of trash, big rocks, and worst of all is the little nettle-like slivers it causes! I kept buying it hoping it would improve. Last week I used some and got MANY slivers in my hands! I got all of them out except one and it is deep and festered and infected! If I end up having to go to the ER or my DR. over using this product I will do everything IN MY POWER TO MAKE SURE THEY PAY FOR IT!

Get expert buying tips about Lawn Equipment and Garden Plants delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 3, 2019

I added Miracle-Gro potting mix to my mango and papaya trees that I have been growing for 10 years and in one day it killed all 4 trees. It dried it out and all of the leaves fell off. Is very upsetting. I will never buy this product again.

Original review: May 5, 2019

Bought 6 bags of Miracle-Gro compost and found all of the bags were full of stones which was a absolute nuisance when pricking out seedlings having to stop, remove stones and refill the pots and trays.

Original review: April 14, 2019

I used a finger pinch full of this on my garden starters the day before, and woke up to them all dead or dying. They shriveled away from the bottom up. I spent hours last year saving these seeds, and spent months growing them up to this point, and Miracle-Gro plant food killed my entire garden in one night. Do not use.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Miracle-Gro?

Original review: April 8, 2019

I bought a 2 cubic square ft bag of Miracle-Gro potting mix for $13.00 at my local garden store to start my tomato seeds and transplant my garden flowers this spring. I discovered a white mold growing on the surface of all my seedlings and noticed the texture of the mix seemed to have more wood chips and foreign materials in it than previous years of purchase! I found rocks, and trash, and even noticed tiny grasshoppers coming up out of my seedling cups and eating my seedlings! I'm very disappointed in Miracle-Gro as I have been a loyal customer for 15 years! NEVER AGAIN WILL I WASTE MY MONEY ON THIS PRODUCT! WAY TOO OVERPRICED FOR SUCH POOR QUALITY!

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

I opened a bag of Miracle-Gro Potting mix and dumped it in a large pot. I noticed a nasty smell of paint thinner or petroleum coming out. I took a few whiffs and it actually made me faint-headed. This is not a healthy pine-bark smell. I hope it has not contaminated my pot. I am taking this toxic stuff back.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

After repotting my philodendron the soil has almost killed my plant. The soil has root fungus that produced fungus gnats. It is a Miracle-Gro Potting Mix and I have had to completely remove it with root damage and 3 weeks to dry.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

We repotted several tomatillo plants in pots after thinning from the main garden. We now have ones in the main garden, 2nd garden, 3rd garden, & pots. We potted with Miracle-Gro & then added additional Miracle-Gro to garden #3. The tomatillos in main garden & garden 2 are growing healthy. The pots & garden #3, which had Miracle-Gro added now have fusarium wilt attacking them. The wilt is now affecting additional veggies in garden #3 that were healthy prior to the Miracle-Gro addition. FRUSTRATING! In addition to being contaminated with fungus, we found 2 PLASTIC CIGAR FILTERS in a bag of Miracle-Gro. Will NOT be buying this garbage again.

Original review: July 9, 2018

Noticed that all 5 of my plant that I repotted with Miracle-Gro now all have a covering of white mold across the soil. I keep these plants well drained yet it still grows. Sprinkled cinnamon to try and prevent the mold growth but this soil seems like the perfect environment for it to grow. :( Looks like I am not the only one to have this issue with MG. Now I have to figure out how to save all of my plants when one is a Passion flower vine that I will almost surely have to cut all the way down just to take it outside to repot it since I have a toddler in the house that can’t breathe in these mold spores. So sickening. Wish I never would have bought this product. :’(

Miracle-Gro Company Information