Miracle Homes

miracle-homes.com

Compare Home Builders & Developers

Research top Home Builders & Developers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Jackie is a very rude person. All she cares about is her money and not you as a customer. Call any attorney in the yellow pages that deals with home builders and they will tell you how they already had lawsuit against them. They only been in business because they look for one and done customers and not referrals.

We were in our last home 25 years. We contracted the home ourselves and never had any problems with construction issues, in or out. Eight years ago we had Miracle Homes build our present home and it has been one problem after the other. We hold our breath waiting for the next issue to arise. Within months of moving in, the furnace was not working, on a bitterly cold day. Miracle Homes sent out someone to make the repair and he admitted it was installed improperly. We had Miracle Homes install much ceramic tile, i.e., foyer, kitchen work area, kitchen table area, sunroom, downstairs hallway, laundry room and all three baths. Within months of moving in, the grout throughout the kitchen, work area and table area was coming out. They sent someone out to inspect the problem and replace the grout.

Unfortunately, the first floor installer used incorrect grout. The correction was a mess. They ground out the grout with dust flying through the air. Then we had a leak in the porch roof, which we paid to have repaired. Then we had another leak in the upstairs bathroom toilet and our laundry room ceiling had to be removed and replaced, for which we paid. Then our gas fireplace did not work and again it is our repair cost. The kitchen faucet did not even last two years and again it was our repair bill. The front porch concrete was cracked within months of moving in and obviously was not poured properly. The stairway going to the basement has the wallboard popping the screws. The stairway upstairs has cracks starting. The actual door they installed in our sunroom leaked, both water and cold air. AGAIN, we had a repair cost. We learned the hard way and with the hindsight we now possess, would never have built with Miracle Homes.

I'm writing this review to inform people about Miracle Homes. I had a true builder horror story. The salesperson Mike **, a true sale person only cares about his commission and does not have the best interest for the customer. He is very misleading and will tell you to talk to the owner "Jaquie" when you confront him about the bad issues. I was lie to and told they can build a home in 5 months. It took 1 year to build a home. Jaquie will make excuses up and lie to you saying every builder takes this long to build. There are hidden charges in the builder contract that they will not tell you about in till the very end and give you thousands of dollars in extra charges.

Don't let them fool you how they advertise themselves as a christian company when the owners don't plan on acting with integrity. If a sub contractor mess up big they will not pay for the mistake and pass you the bill. The construction manager who is the owners brother miss a lot of items that you have to make sure is done. He does not build your house like his own. They financially hurt me so much with the extra charges that Jaquie said "that is not our fault you can't afford this." When I confront the Jaquie she will just said it's in the builders contract. If you plan on building with Miracle make sure you get an attorney to read the contract.

I purchased my very first home in June 2013. Miracle Homes was the builder. Jaquie ** was the realtor involved in the transaction. The home was brand new and was not finished when I began the process. The cosmetics and construction are beautiful but soon after I moved in, the beautiful scene soon became a nightmare for me. Things that happen and are still happening include, the floor boards in the kitchen area sliding apart consistently. It looks as if there are spaces in the floors. I have children and needed to wipe the walls. When I did so, the paint wiped off and I was told that its not really paint that they use on some of the walls so I can't wipe them. They get dirty, I have to paint them.

Tacks were sticking out of the carpet. The carpet in the basement has started to shred from under the tack strips. No one could tell me where the cable outlets and hook up were. When they graded and seeded my lawn, there were and still are chunks of stone throughout the yard. I have had three estimates and have been told each time that my entire lawn would need to be fine graded and then re-soiled and fertilized, or its a chance I may not have grass in many areas ever. Each company gave me an estimate of nearly 5,000 dollars to get the lawn on track.

The biggest problem I had is when I moved in, my neighbor came to me and told me that my property would be affected by erosion due to run off from his property and that he had been in an ongoing dispute with Miracle Homes. That had never been communicated by Jacquie or any Miracle Home Staff. So I was then stuck with sharing the cost of a retaining wall being built. This was two weeks after I moved into my home. Miracle Homes failed to communicate and rather being responsible to me, they worked with the city and put the responsibility on the neighbor and myself.

I have been in the home for about 7 months now and a crack about 3.5 feet long appeared in the drywall in my living room. It looks like a hairline crack. I have not hung pictures on the wall or used any tools. I believe there is something not constructed correctly underneath the surface. Please make sure if you are working with Miracle Homes you don't get caught with these issues.

The whole reason that I am writing this is to make people aware of my experience with Miracle Homes and hopefully educate future home builders as to how they operate. We are currently building a home with Miracle Homes. We are 11 months into our build and we still do not have a final move it date. We originally were told (pre-dig) that our home would be done around August or September excluding any unforeseen set backs. I was upfront with them and told them that I have a 5 year old and I needed to know when they anticipated being done because of her schooling. I didn't want to put her in a school and then a week later put her in a new one. I was told that they would keep us updated thru the building progress but they never did.

Well, it is now January and we still have no set date as to when they think it will be done. I am glad I went with my instinct and decided to send her to our current school district. There were no big set backs in our build. They just did not work on our house for weeks at a time. There was no explanation as to why or what the future schedule would be. We have tried multiple times to contact them and when we do get a hold of someone, we get no direct answer. Despite the COMPLETE lack of communication, they screwed up every upgrade that we added to our build. We literally had to inspect everything they did every time they worked. This was very frustrating seeing as we never knew when they were going to actually show up and work.

There were weeks at a time that we would go to our property daily and no one would be there with no explanation as to why. Seeing as WE BELIEVE that we are close to a potential move it date, we decided to get all our financial paperwork together. Our financial advisor has had several issues with getting the correct documentation from them. All in all I guess my opinion is not very good. I wish I could tell you the quality of their work but I will have to be able to move in first and who knows when that will be. Just some friendly advise: if you decide to build with Miracle, make sure you allow at least 4 to 6 months longer for the building process than what they tell you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Miracle Homes?

We built with Miracle Home Builders in 2011. From the very beginning we had complications. We had a true salesperson that was only concerned with a sale and his commission. After we signed a contract he (salesperson) was very hard to get a hold of or a response from. From there we waited a long time before we could dig a hole because Miracle Home Builders forgot to pay the surveyor. We also had the surveyor tell us that we had to remove trees and had other issues that need to be done before they could dig. Our lot had no trees and had no other obstructions; he never went to the sight on the preliminary survey but told us he went off google maps. This is all before we dug the hole. From there I tried to stop by everyday and talk with the contractors.

Good thing I did. They all said that Jacquie ** tries to get the contractors to do more but pay them less, which means the home owner gets less quality and corners are cut because the contractor is trying to make a living. With me stopping in everyday I was able to see the progress and check up on them. All of them said that they would never do any work until they had a purchase order in hand because they would never get paid otherwise. That says a lot about the trust that the contractors have in Miracle Homes. Once the basement and stoops were poured, we noticed a "plaque" finished into our front porch with Miracle Homes advertising on it.

We had no knowledge of this taking place. They would not remove it or even talk about correcting this issue. They don't care about a happy customer; they only care about getting the last draw. If you do build with them, which I advise you not to, please get everything in writing and taken care of before you release the last draw. Once they get their money it is very hard to get them to repair things. We notice that Miracle used their own kids (which were in high school) as painters and for other jobs but still charged us for professional tradesmen. Jacquie is all about getting the most money for doing the least. Before signing the contract I asked for the list of contractors they used and wasn't able to get it, but once the house pasted final inspection they gave me a list of contractors and said that I should contact them for any warranty work. Imagine taking your new car in for warranty work and the dealer gives you a list of mechanics for different parts and says call them for repairs. They are one of the less expensive builders but that comes with a huge headache.

In 2004, my home construction was completed by Miracle Homes. During construction of this home we took up concerns with the Hignites, the owners of Miracle Homes. We let them know that construction was improperly performed. As advertised, the flooring was not done as advertised. Miracle Homes did not fix the problem but compensated us a small fraction of the cost. Since our move in, we have dealt with very sub-par construction and materials used. Cracks in the concrete occurred immediately. Miracle Homes said these small cracks were normal. Within the past 5 years we have replaced our water heater covering the cost of install. A 4 year water heater is unacceptable. We have had problems with our furnace, also for a new furnace, unacceptable. Almost every door handle in the house has broken, the locking mechanisms have broken from within and were rendered useless.

My son was actually locked in his room when the handle would not turn the cylinder in order to open the door. We had to remove the door jam to open the door. 5 handles are currently not functioning properly. The main front door handle was also replaced at my cost. At this point, normal wear and tear was out the window. We have replaced four window panes that lost their gas seal, causing the window panes to fog up and mildew began to appear. We now have other window panes throughout the house with the same issues. Our basement poured walls have cracked and leak water. The floor in the basement is not level and has buckled in places. Exterior fixture were not with fixture blocks causing the siding to buckle. The weather stripping on the bottom of the exterior doors has ripped off. Electrical outlets within the home are inoperable. As this is a new home, I would have expected many good years here. On the contrary, we have been living with the chaos of repairs, heat and air loss and the stress of figuring out these repairs for my wife while I was deployed overseas with the Military.

Miracle Homes Company Profile