Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.58/5

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Milwaukee Electric Tools Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Milwaukee Electric Tools?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Milwaukee Electric Tools?

Original review: July 18, 2020

I have used this brand for years and I really like the quality of their products. I hope one day they will come out with a battery powered lawn mower to go along with the rest of the outdoors power equipment.

Original review: July 14, 2020

I am an electrician and a shop owner. I have used Milwaukee corded power tools since 1969. They were the only tools that I bought and they still are the only brand I buy if the tool I need is made by Milwaukee. I have transitioned over to battery powered and they are just as good as the old corded models. The new brushless are even better. I do wish they were still made in the USA and hopefully at some point with the new buy American Milwaukee will consider this. Maybe the new Tariffs on China will do something to push this along. But Milwaukee tools stand up to the abuse my guys give them and electricians are up on ladders a lot so tool fall a lot. Milwaukee tools will take a fall better than most. I even have bought home and garden tools by Milwaukee. The hedge trimmer is a work horse. It'll cut 1/2 branches and not struggle. Also I know I have at least 4 extra batteries in the work van if I need them. LOL

Get buying tips about Home Supplies and Tools delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 13, 2020

Best 18 volt cordless tools ever. Durable, well engineered, well built. Great quality batteries that last. These tools are expensive but YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. DeWalt is a very close second but not quite there.

Original review: July 3, 2020

Milwaukee line of tools are professional tools. I'm electrician by trade & HVAC technician. These tools hold up and the batteries are awesome with the lithium. Costs well worth it. They have a tool for every need and every trade.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2021

First off, Milwaukee does not provide any warranty for tool purchased from Ebay or Amazon regardless if you provide a receipt as a new tool. You find this out when they won't fix your less than a year old tool. And there was no way I was going to let them keep my not working Sawzall (fuel). They sent back only two of the parts. So now any of the parts I could of used on another Sawzall (I'm a licensed plumber with over 20 years experience, I own a lot of tools) or maybe I could have pieced one good one from all the ones that have stopped working. Now that is unavailable to me. I have contacted service dept. multiple times now and it has been over 6 months. Runaround every single time. Every contractor I talk tools with will hear this story. That is theft.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2021

I bought this hand tool and cannot even use it because the battery vibrates loose. The plastic clips do not keep the battery locked in place. Oddly enough, I can’t remove the battery, because I can’t get the plastic clips to release the battery easily. In fact, it hurts my hands to pinch the clips hard enough to get it to release. I’ve thought about trying a new battery to see if it clips in, locks and releases any better than the first. But I refuse to pay the $100.00 dollars for a new battery. I’m not even going to waste my time in trying to send it into the repair facility, due to the negative reviews I’ve seen. So I am very unhappy with my first purchase from this tool company. Total waste of my time and money.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2020

DON'T waste your hard earned money on this USELESS "tool". It was supposed to be a "on site construction tool" but it's so fragile that it falls apart by just using it to vacuum my house ONCE a week only. The "telescope" pipe is made of CHEAP plastic and the "hose" will crack in just few months of usage. They should call it FAIL, instead of "fuel". The suction of this thing is MISERABLE! Can`t even suck a small paper clip, much less a nail, as they claim. This is just another JOKE, "designed" by the schemers of Milwaukee.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

I am an air conditioning contractor and bought a 12 volt hackzall as they called it. It broke down within the first year of purchase. I took it to the warranty center and they repaired it. 2 years later it broke down. I took it back to the warranty center because the tool has a 5 year warranty on it. They told me that they will repair it for $84. I told them it is under warranty. They told me that is normal "WEAR AND TEAR." REALLY and that it is not covered.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

I attempted to return item to Home Depot, but they said I had to send to the manufacturer. Finally after a couple conversations I was instructed by Milwaukee representative to send to a repair facility. Product was sent July 9th. To my amazement, the same pair of aviation tin snips arrived at my house on August 6th, still broke (stripped threads on hinge screw). They couldn't even send me the hinge bolt for me to put together? I used this product once to cut a 4" dryer duct. I didn't even get any feedback as to why. No letter, no phone call, not even an email. What happened to customer service. Effective communications? Standing behind your product? Extremely disappointed. I have used your products for years, since 1986! Changes going to happen in my garage!

Original review: July 15, 2019

They make good tools for the money. The tools work well and get the job done. Their hand tools work well also but there better brands for that like of work. This is all I have to say about this.

Milwaukee Electric Tools Company Information