1.50/5
Based on 46 reviews that contain star ratings

51 Milwaukee Electric Tools Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

So I bought about $1000 worth of fuel tools a few at a time. Had good luck for a while then my 1/4 impact broke down. 2 weeks to get it fixed. Then my grinder broke (about 6 months old). Took it in and was told parts to fix it are in back order till the end of October. WHOA!!! So I called and the only response I got from Milwaukee was "I'm sorry if parts are on backorder. I'm unable to do anything else". My response was, "Do you have another grinder?" to which I was replied yes. I said, "Then send me one and take mine back." "Oh I'm sorry I won't be able to do that. You'll just have to wait". Customer service is everything these days and Milwaukee misses badly on it. Telling me I just have to wait (over two months) to use my $300 tool is ridiculous. I'm going to buy more tools but you can bet they won't be red! Save yourself a headache and buy another brand!!

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

Bought stapler for 30. Not cheap. Stopped working after 8 months. Went back to supplier and was told it’s not covered because it is a accessory not a power tool. Stanley Arrow DeWalt all give 12 months guarantee so I will never recommend them to anyone for bad customer service.

Get expert buying tips about Home Supplies and Tools delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 11, 2018

M18 Fuel hammer drill - Biggest piece of junk I ever owned. Started out wouldn't reverse then started speeding up and slowing down. Then the front of drill just broke off. They claim I took it apart and you can clearly see where the housing snapped off. Mind you it was just used on light jobs. No heavy drilling at all. Buy something else. Waste of money.

Original review: May 27, 2018

I have purchased several Milwaukee tools and they don't last at all. They look the part, but are not even half as good as cheap domestic tools. The last purchase was a Milwaukee C12MT-0 M12 multi tool, this packed up after just a couple of uses. To cut a long story short, this happen 3 times in a row and each time was replaced. The last time (NOW THE 4th) it packed up after 5 mins, this time they replaced the motor, the head and several other components. (Not good for a new tool with 5 mins work?) I have tried speaking to them and they are not interested at all. I also had a radio that lasted 2 months, this was also replaced several times and now I have just binned it. (Still looks brand new) Rubbish tools, rubbish company, please do NOT waste your money on these poor quality tools.

Original review: April 26, 2018

We paid 2g for tool and entitled to a rebate. Called and entered for the rebate only to not receive it. Then roughly 2 months without word contacted them to see where it is. Because we didn't have a confirmation number, though we had all the receipts, they are not honoring the rebate. They overprice their tools, they try to look like they offer great things yet DO NOT SEND THEM OUT AND BATTLE YOU WHEN YOU INQUIRE ABOUT IT. They are LIARS and THIEFS... Spend the extra, go with DeWalt, forget these fake sales.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Milwaukee Electric Tools?

Original review: March 5, 2018

The tool has served me well for years to be truthful. Valuable to the point I have repaired it many times. In the last couple years I have replaced the blade clamp, cord, brushes and switch. It stopped working as it should so I took it apart - the gears were worn. No problem right? The vast majority of the parts are still available just not the ones I need - so now I have partially refurbished doorstop. Luckily I have a DeWalt I bought on sale a couple years ago - not as good as the Milwaukee but it will have to do.

This was one of the first tools I bought as a contractor - I paid the extra for good quality that would last me a lifetime if taken care of and it is repairable - well it would have lasted a lifetime and been repairable if they didn't discontinue the replacement parts. Everything else on it is fine. Must have been costing them new sales so they decided to make it landfill in an age of environmental compromise. Great lesson and example guys. I can buy four DeWalts for the price of a Sawzall - may as well go that route if the Milwaukees are basically disposable now.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

I got an 18 volt battery as a gift. I charged it and used it for a couple of days until it died. I charged it and went to it again, but it was dead after very short use and would not charge nor hold a charge after. I sent it in for e-service and a week later got a notice that it was inspected and the problem wasn't because of materials or worksmanship, so it wasn't under warranty. They wanted to charge me $75 to repair a brand new battery. I chose to scrap it so that they wouldn't charge me $11 to ship it back, which wasn't made clear when I sent it off. Milwaukee is high priced when it comes to tools, so you'd think you get what you pay for. I am incredibly disappointed that they wouldn't stand behind their product. When their tools work, they're excellent. I haven't had any problems with my other Milwaukee tools... but I worry that if I do, I'll just be denied warranty again. Really cheap policy if you ask me, considering what they charge for their tools.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

Milwaukee Headlamp 300 Lumens - I purchased product one week ago and the brightness of the light is very good. But the part where the light connects to the base is the weak point of the headlamp. Because mine broke off, and now it is useless as a headlamp.They need to make the hinge point much stronger, because what they have now is a joke. Reason for my review is let consumers know that for 39.95 they might want to look elsewhere for a headlight.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

This product M12 Milwaukee drain snake 2571-20 is junk. Every Time I run a drain the cable flies out of the front the second it has any kind of torque. I have made several attempts to being on hold with Milwaukee and no help has been offered or returned calls for that matter. I've been a plumber for over 23 years now and this is one of the worst Milwaukee products I have encountered. I used to have the corded drain snake model 05667-1, which I had been using for over 15 years and it just went out on me. They have since discontinued the product that actually works to a battery powered piece of garbage.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

Drill bits and driver bits are junk in retrospect to their marketing claims. The ‘shockwave™️‘ titanium drill bits get dull very, very fast even with use of lubrication.

They also fracture easily, even when drilling in a drill press. Removing the bits from the index case (29 pc. kit) is a pain in the neck resp. cuts easily your finger knuckles. One needs almost pliers to get them out of the case. The ‘shockwave’ driver bits do NOT last up ‘30x longer’ despite the 3-5x higher price in comparison to other brands/generic bits. They last the same or even less! I learned the machinist trade in Germany and know how to use tools. So it's not incorrect use but low quality for the product failure.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

I thought that the new tool bags made by Milwaukee looked pretty good so I bought a set online... They showed up fast, looked great, used them the next day or two and got them all dialed in great. By the end of the week the tops of my hands were sore from trying to grab small parts and wire nuts out of those small bags, and my legs had spots from the bags digging into them. One selling factor was they were made to stand up when you took them off. They didn’t think about the hard bottom and heavy piping rubbing your leg raw, don’t use them much.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

The most unhelpful employees I have encountered in a long time. Spoke to a man on the phone to see if they had a specific product in stock. He put me on hold and someone else came on the phone and asked who I was and what I wanted in a very rude manner, explained once again what I was looking for and he put me on hold. He came back after a few minutes and said they do have the product. Really bad experience. Once I got to the store to pick up the product they were equally unfriendly and took about 30 minutes to get the tool I ordered. Really ridiculous.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

They changed all their cordless drills to brushless. Bad move I say because they hardly work. I’ve been in construction for 25 years and I know my tools. The brushless are a cheaper made tool and when in the slightest bing they stop turning or cut off and on even with fully charged batteries. My suggestion is to move on to something else. Would never buy this tool again. Thanks.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

I bought a Milwaukee drill in November of 2015. In August of 2017 it was acting up, speeding up and slowing down instead of staying steady while squeezing the trigger. I sent the drill in for warranty repair through a Supply House, and the drill was received by Milwaukee on Sept 7th. A week goes by, nothing. Another week goes by, still nothing. Supply House contacts Milwaukee and they say they repaired it and sent back. They tracked it to a different location of the same Supply House. Oh well, things happen. Turns out, it wasn’t my drill. Another two weeks go by, still nothing. Supply House contacts Milwaukee again. After days of emailing and calls, turns out they never even looked at the drill and are supposedly expediting the repair. Still another week of nothing. At this point, I don’t think I’ll ever see my drill again. The times I’ve called Milwaukee myself, it’s been a waste of time. They couldn’t be any less helpful than they already are.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

My M18 fuel actually have two, one 1/2 inch drive, one 3/4 inch. Both are about 7 months old. Both failed. The 3/4 lost its torque. The 1/2 snapped. The case ripped apart... While in use in my hand. Milwaukee Electric used to make some of the best tools on the planet... But these are my 2nd and 3rd in just over a year... that's not a good thing at all. I am losing money. Have to do this work by hand, while they see if they will cover under warranty, have to send them to Milwaukee Electric, or buy a new one. That's what customer service told me, like I got nothing better to do with my money, other than buy more overpriced junk from Milwaukee Electric... Really, that's sad that a brand as good as them now choose to produce junk like everyone else...

Original review: Aug. 20, 2017

I have used power tools for 18 years. I have had 2 Milwaukee 18v combi drills. The 1st brushless went after 2 years light use. The 2nd brushless drill chuck packed up again after 2 years light uses. Contact Milwaukee because they have a 3 year warranty to be told the chuck has a 3 month warranty!! Maybe they should advertise this slight difference of 33 months less warranty. Completely fake warranty advertised by Milwaukee. Don't trust them. The tools and customer service will let you down. Nothing like heavy duty!! Not had any chuck or brushes fail on any other tool I have owned. I have had issues with a 36v Bosch drill which Bosch repaired because there warranty is Genuine. Never wasting good money on Milwaukee again!!

Original review: May 15, 2017

I bought a Milwaukee Orbital Sander that stopped working after a few hours. The tool was defective and I should have been able to exchange it. The only option Milwaukee give is to send the tool in for repair or buy another tool. My project couldn't wait for a repair so I had to buy another tool (Not Milwaukee). A defective product reflects on the manufacturer and the manufacturer's exchange policy for defective tools reflects on the companies' confidence in their product. Beware when buying Milwaukee Tools that all sales are final and no returns and no exchanges for defective tools.

Original review: May 12, 2017

I'm a contractor that frequents a local tool distributor. I was in said store on 12/27/2016 and noticed Milwaukee was conducting a promotion. The deal was buy $100 worth of Milwaukee brand Sawzall blades and you would get a Milwaukee corded Sawzall for free. I normally use Dewalt tools and Diablo blades, but I figured I would give them a try because it sounded like a good deal. Well six months later I still have not received the Sawzall. I have been back in the tool shop and they showed me a stack of papers all representing customers in the same situation as me. I have called Milwaukee numerous times and spent multiple hours on the phone with them. They do nothing but give me the runaround, they have told me they are shipping it any day, to talk to the tool outlet, they can't find my information. They seem to say anything to get you off the phone and have no interest in solving the problem.

This company's customer service, promotions, and organization are a joke. I'm stunned that a company can be this bad and still be in business. People do yourself a huge favor and go with another brand of tools, or pray you never have to deal with Milwaukee directly, and do not be fooled into participating in their promotions they are a rip-off. This ordeal has not only been a huge pain and waste of time for me and the other customers that have been ripped of by Milwaukee, but the local tool store that has a wonderful reputation in the community has suffered a ding to their reputation because of Milwaukee's complete lack of professionalism and integrity. As far as product quality concerning Milwaukee Tools I have no idea, their blades are average at best, literally no comparison to Diablo though.

Original review: April 4, 2017

I have already bought two Milwaukee tools and with both I was unable to register them for extended warranty. In both cases I went back to Builders Depot where I have purchased them and they said that they registered them for me. I have bought a third tool and cannot register so I gave up. I have bought fourth tool and what no chance. I send two emails to them and what no answer. I have never had problems with DeWalt or Bosch but Milwaukee is a big NO from me. No more Milwaukee tools.

Original review: March 24, 2017

Warranty is a joke. Bought an M18 power tool combo kit (Impact, sawzall, hammer drill, flashlight) in August of 2016 and the chuck on the drill broke a week in. Took it to Home Depot to get it replaced no problem. Now in March of 2017, the drill trigger mechanism shorted out while I was drilling a small pilot hole in a wooden shelf. Both Milwaukee and Home Depot told me it'd take at least 3 weeks to get sent in and possibly repaired.

THREE WEEKS? I use these tools every day for my job. They wanted my drill, both batteries, and my charger. The independent Milwaukee Tool Repair store closes at 4:30 every day and is closed weekends, but I work every weekday until 5 pm and am only off weekends. How am I supposed to take it in, much less not work for almost a month? Now I'm out a drill or $200, which will literally take me two months to save up. As I already live paycheck to paycheck, this is going to be absolutely crippling to me. Thanks Home Depot, for helping me choose between eating this month or replacing a broken tool you sold me.

Original review: March 7, 2017

I don't know about anyone else but these M12 and M18 cordless power tools are absolutely, hands down the best tools I've ever used. I'm a home remodeling contractor and depend on my tools day in and day out, I couldn't be more satisfied. I have had a tool that didn't perform as it did when new (M12 multi-tool). I took it to a Milwaukee service center and they replaced the tool under warranty without any hesitation or delay, and I thought they might repair because it still worked. Bottom line, Milwaukee tools are nothing but heavy duty and I'm a customer for life.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2017

I purchased a brand new Milwaukee LED M18 Light Tower based on all of the positive reviews by online construction blogs and publications. 2 weeks after I started using it, the 3 light settings stopped working. Left multiple voice messages and phone number callbacks over the course of a few days because they have no live customer or tech support. No response at all, until I started complaining. Then an email telling me to use their online repair submission system. That didn't work either, and I had to wait a few more days for a response advising me on how to get it to work. Finally, I sent the item in for repair, which they apparently are covering, but although they paid for shipping they refused to pay for packaging - I had already thrown out the big box once I verified it worked initially. Who keeps big boxes around??? I complained again, and they tell me "packaging is your responsibility". What arrogance.

This is my first and last Milwaukee tool purchase. You don't get this nonsense from Bosch, Metabo, DeWalt, Craftsman, Porter Cable, Flex, or anybody else I can think of that I have bought from. And on their website they call themselves a "Winning Team". What a joke. Donald Trump and the United States may do a lot of "Winning" in the next four years, but I can guarantee you this company won't.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2017

Purchased 2 18 volt sets (Milwaukee m18) for my business to replace the old Bosch tools. Under a month started having problems with batteries. Six months later I have two tools in the repair center and the problems with them are not covered under warranty. Contact Milwaukee and they told me that I'm being abusive and that they won't cover it. Did the same use with my Bosch and they lasted for eight years. I was quoted $300 to repair the equipment and a possible delay of four to 12 weeks to receive the parts need it from Milwaukee. I wish I could leave a zero star review because one Star is too many.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2017

We sent a m18 PEX expander in for repairs. My supplier checked with his Milwaukee salesman and confirmed the tool was in warranty. Received an email to contact Milwaukee. Contacted my supplier, who sent the tool in for us, and he said, "They had lost the tool." Called Milwaukee and they said they needed a credit card to release the tool. This was under warranty. We are out the tool on the job and have to deal with getting it back. Customer service?

Original review: Jan. 19, 2017

Bought M18 combo set from Costco two years ago and have been moving and did not get a chance to use it. Recently I started using it for setting up my woodworking wood-shop. I am a part time hobby woodworker. I built one work table from construction grade lumber and #10-2.5" wood screws say used 150 screws or so. The drill was working fine and yesterday started the other work table and after driving s20 and so screws I heard a thud and lost the power on the drill. It won't turn on again.

Apparently reading on internet it is common problem with Milwaukee M18 drill and impact driver. I have old Dewalt drill and have been using as roughly as possible, even used to attach chimney cleaning rods and never have an issue. Have contacted Milwaukee Tools but haven't heard back. The combo set says 5 year tool and 3 year battery warranty. I hope they honor that. CONCLUSION: BUY DEWALT AND CAN RELY ON THEM WITH 100% CONFIDENCE. CHEERS.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2016

Bought an M18 fuel set a couple of years ago, literally sat in its case for most of the last 2+ years. Pulled it out to build some shelves and drive screws with the impact driver, and after about 25 screws, the head spews grease and now it won't drive screws anymore. My bad, buying Milwaukee. From now on... Nothing but DeWalt... And not the HD versions.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2016

We've purchased and used a few of these electric screwdrivers in our shop. Milwaukee changed the forward and reverse button style, now there is a sharp lip and not rounded found in the older models. I've been cut and a number of co-workers also. We do production work where we hold it pointing down with our thumbs towards the battery end but doesn't make a difference. When the screw stops turning the driver will continue to turn which will then cut into our hands. I filed the lip off the button. I've included pictures of the older screwdriver with rounded button and the two newer models, one which has been filed rounded. Another concern is that these drivers will fold and may pinch hand, no lock to prevent this.

Original review: April 10, 2016

I bought the Milwaukee Hammer Drill a year ago and the worst decision I have ever made. I have been doing satellite installations for 25-years and only buy the top equipment. Was shopping at Home Depot in London, Ontario and liked the specs. The drill and battery works great. It's the chuck that won't hold a drill bit tight for more than half a drill. I have lost and jammed more bits in walls than any other hammer drill I have ever owned. Bought a Dewalt and shelved this next to new Milwaukee.

Oh and ya contacted Home Depot to complain and of course like everyone else got the Milwaukee customer service department which cycled me through the hoops and circus act which only lead me to a tech department that wanted me to pay for repairs if sent it. The arrogant person on the phone at CS really seemed trained to frustrate the customer so they just go away. That I did have made it my mission to tell the everyone in my portfolio including all customers about the Dollar Store grade of hammer drills Milwaukee sells.

Original review: April 7, 2016

I purchased this 18v hammer drill overseas expecting an international warranty being such a big brand. However this won't be honoured in Australia and repair companies won't touch it. Pros: good battery life. Cons: Within 6 months something has jammed on the screw setting so can't be used. Within 10 months the steel chuck has an issue and can't be tightened enough. Within 12 months it no longer works at all. This has had home handyman use - not trade. Don't waste your money. Off to buy a DEWALT.

Original review: March 15, 2016

Bought the m18 drill set and it lasted for one year. The hammer drill has very little power and it literally burned up in my hand, after 6 months of use. The impact lasted for a year before it locked up. This is definitely not a set for a residential electrician.

Milwaukee Electric Tools Company Information