4.5/5 (200 ratings)

About Milgard

Milgard manufactures doors and windows in a range of traditional and modern styles. Its products are made in the U.S. and come with a lifetime warranty. The company works with dealers across 16 states.

Find Windows and Doors partners near you

Top Milgard Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

Techs were all fantastic. Know their job and do it right. Excellent product! House stays cool much longer on extremely hot days and Retains heat in winter. We really appreciate th...

Verified

We installed Milgard Windows in 1998, and over the past 22 years, they have replaced any broken window seals for us at no charge. All our windows continue to operate like new, we ...

About Milgard

Milgard is a window manufacturer that offers several materials and styles. The company has a reputation for making high-quality and long-lasting products. A full lifetime warranty is included with all its windows. You can request a quote, consultation or brochure online, or you can visit one of Milgard’s local dealers across 16 Western states.

Milgard window styles

Milgard offers fiberglass, aluminum and vinyl windows in a variety of styles, including single-hung, double-hung, horizontal sliding, casement and awning, as well as some picture and specialty options for living rooms and street-facing spaces. During your initial consultation, a Milgard sales rep will explain the various style options for each room in your home.

Milgard window installation

Milgard arranges installation with an authorized dealer; check its website to find an option near you. The dealers work around your schedule, and installation typically takes only a few hours. The contractors can remove old windows and clean up messes before installing the new products. After installation, your windows are covered by a full lifetime warranty.

Milgard window prices

Milgard prices range from $150 to $1,500 per window, depending on type and style. With installation, the windows come to $250 to $2,000 each. Schedule a quote or consultation with a local dealer to get pricing and style options for your home. Milgard can also help you find financing or other payment options. Also, if you’re upgrading to high-efficiency windows, you could qualify for additional tax credits.

Milgard FAQ

How long do Milgard windows last?
    The lifespan of Milgard windows depends on the materials, but they typically last 20 to 25 years.
    Does Milgard sell replacement windows?
    Yes, Milgard sells replacement windows. Request a quote online or from a local dealer for pricing.
    Who makes Milgard?
    Milgard manufactures its own windows. Its manufacturing plants are based in Tacoma, Washington.
    Who owns Milgard?
    Masco Corporation acquired Milgard Windows in 2019. This parent company is headquartered in Michigan.

Are Milgard windows good?

Milgard is a well-established window manufacturer. Its windows are high in quality, designed to last, and covered by a full lifetime warranty (for homeowners). Schedule a consultation or visit a local dealer to discuss your options.

Milgard Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Milgard?

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

I contacted Milgard via email on 2/11. I received a call on 2/12 and the representative walked me through getting the information she needed including the window number and a more accurate description of the problem. She waited while I viewed a video she sent on how to complete the repair on my own. I didn't want to do the repair so she ordered the balancer and scheduled a service call. The earliest service date was 4/20. The part arrived on 2/24 and on 2/25 the service person- Hector- called to say he was in the area and could do the repair that morning. He was patient and polite as I made arrangements to have someone at the house since I was not at home. He was in and out in 5 minutes. I'm delighted to have the problem resolved within 2 weeks instead of waiting 2 months. Thank you.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2021

Following installation of my Tuscany Series patio doors by a 3rd party installer provided by Home Depot, there were several items regarding alignment of the doors/frame that the installer was unable to correct. There was also missing items (weather stripping and frame caps). Home depot contacted MILGARD who then contacted me to set up a service call. This was all done in a timely manner and the service rep (Juan) arrived at the designated time. He explained to me what he could and could not do to correct the alignment problems and proceeded to correct them accordingly. Juan was very knowledgeable and efficient and complied with all COVID requirements. I am overall very satisfied with my experience MILGARD.

Get buying tips about Windows and Doors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2021

Very happy with the replacement of 3 windows (6 panes) which had failed becoming cloudy; however it did take a bit longer than expected (claim reported 8/31/2020, work completed 2/18/2021); delays due to:

1. My Fault, I realized after submitting the claim that 3 windows were needed rather than the 2 I originally submitted, this delayed the replacement from 11/2020 to 12/2020.
      2. When replacements were delivered in 12/2020 it was found that they were the wrong color (delivered silver, needed black). This delayed delivery to 1/25/2021.

3. When correct windows were delivered on 1/25/2021 one of the 6 panes was cracked (in transport). 5 panes were installed, 6th pane rescheduled for 2/18/2021.

This afternoon, 2/18/2021, the final pane was installed. They look great. The service personnel were very polite and considerate, and followed COVID protocol. Worked quickly with minimal inconvenience. Very happy with service, even with the glitches.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2021

One of the windows we installed in our home nine years ago began to reveal several hand prints between the panes. I intended to purchase a new pane but the place from which we had purchased our windows told us to contact Milgard. They said this sounded like a seal failure - something Milgard guarantees against as long the window is still with the original owner.

From beginning to end the process was simple, efficient, and effortless. The online instructions were clear and within a week after submitting I received phone and email notification of when we were scheduled for service. The technician arrived early within the time frame we had been given and he called 45 minutes before his arrival to give us an estimate of his actual arrival time. He was friendly and very professional and had the window replaced in short order. The whole process took less than 20 minutes. I wish everything in life could go so smoothly. Thanks

Original review: Jan. 29, 2021

We had four new sliding doors with inside blinds installed about three weeks ago. Two of the doors had issues that needed to be taken care of. Milgard made an appointment via email right away, and two very pleasant employees did come about four weeks later and performed the work necessary to fix the issues. They did a great job. My only negative was, we never heard about someone coming since the email appointment was made. I called Milgard the morning of said appointment since had heard nothing and was told they were on the schedule to be at our house.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2021

Milgard windows 10 years old, half “gone bad” (seals broken). Waited 6 months. Subcontractors came today with replacement panes but only 9 could be replaced because the other 11 replacement panes were wrong size or wrong grid or missing. Subcontractor said “this happens every day. It’s chaotic.” Now I’ll have to wait another 6 months to get the remaining failed panes replaced, and spend another 2 hours taking down blinds and moving furniture, and miss work again. Cross your fingers Milgard factory doesn’t mess up the order again!

Milgard response

I'm very sorry to hear about the trouble with you warranty service. Please email me at social@milgard.com with your contact information and service case number so I can look into this further. Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2021

Just moved into our house in 2019 and noticed many of the windows were foggy but wasn't sure why. Then at the first major rain storm, several of the windows stared to leak substantial amounts of water. I called Milgard and luckily the warranty is still in effect, however Jessie (very nice) said that the issue must be due to how they were installed, it was highly unlikely that several windows at once could be defective. So I hired a handyman through Home Advisor to come and re-install the windows $1200. He looked at all the windows and said it wasn't the installation, it was very poor quality manufacturing and showed me why (I'll add pictures). The water leaks through the pan, and the window glass is pulling from the vynil with all 15 window and they were installed in 2016. There is water damage to our home, drafts that are costing us more for cooling and heating.

I am currently waiting on a response after calling Jessie, reporting what was found and forwarded pictures and a video of the water coming through the window. After reading all of these reviews, I realize that this company has to know that what I reported is systemic issues for their windows and should have sent out a technician. I am going to give this company to make things right, however based on everyone's reviews it concerns me to even put replacement windows of theirs back in as they clearly are sub-quality workmanship.

Milgard response

We apologize for the level of service you have experienced, and for the inconvenience it's caused. We take all customer feedback very seriously. If you have defects in materials or workmanship, please call 1-800-Milgard. Thanks.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2021

We purchased a 12 ft three panel sliding glass door. The order, including nine other windows was delayed twice. Then our contractor received a call on a different day than the scheduled one that the slider was being delivered. The frame and only one of the three panels arrived so we had to cover it with plastic while waiting for the other two panels which took another two weeks. The middle section slides to the left as a sliding door would. The right panel is stationary but built the same as the left panel as if to accommodate a slider which it does not and is lined with same felt. This looks very odd and unfinished as if the middle slider should go both directions.

We went to the MI store and explained this to them asking if there’s a trim that could be installed in the right panel to give it a finished look. They were going to research this and get back to us but never did. My husband went back to MI a week later to try and get resolution, he was told he had to make an appointment to enter the store. They had him talk to the marketing director and he basically said we got what we ordered and would not give us the name of the company that produces their trim pieces so we could pursue the issue on our own. Customer service is very poor but the installers were very efficient and courteous. Sadly, I will not recommend MI to anyone.

Milgard response

I'm sorry to hear about this. We recommend talking with your contractor to make sure your order was as expected. If you have defects in materials or workmanship, please call 1-800-Milgard to request warranty service. Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

When we first bought our home we worked with the tech directly. That was awesome because Josh was on the ball. He was super nice and always had the job done thoroughly and quickly. But, since Milgard reorganized and move all service calls to corporate the service went down hill fast (and I don't blame Josh for leaving Milgard). Instead of taking just a week or two to get replacements it started taking months. And, right now I am beyond PEEVED at Milgard. It's taking over a year to get 1 window replaced. I started calling them mid 2020 for this window (yes, I know the pandemic messed up things to an extent, but their customer service was like this before Covid). First, they didn't have anyone covering our area. Then, our tech came back from his accident and the window was wrong. One of their geniuses sent a window with grids when there were clearly no grids in the pictures I sent.

Then to top it off it was broken. So, it was rescheduled for like 1-2 months later (beginning of August), and the new guy calls me to tell me that ALL the glass on his truck was broken. So, rescheduled again for Oct 7. This time, no show & no call. I had to call corp to find out that supposedly AGAIN that ALL the glass on his truck was broken AGAIN. Then, I get an email rescheduling for DECEMBER! THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE! Ever since Milgard reorganized, their service has gone downhill BIG TIME!!! Right now I would give them a zero star rating if I could!

Milgard response
      Hello Amanda. I'm so sorry you've had such a frustrating experience. I'd like to look into this and help. Can you please email me at social@milgard.com with your case # so I can look into this further?
      Hannah

Milgard Social Team

Original review: Sept. 22, 2021

The subculture I've experienced dealing with Milgard and several of their agents, several customer service staff, a sales manager and a sales rep has been the same. All whom I have dealt with have been remiss, almost careless, unsympathetic and bothered to help with anything. I gave them a 20K order, which was delayed an additional 1.5 months. I had to luck getting a response as to the nature of the delay. When the order arrived, one window had incorrect measurements. Getting this fixed was a nightmare. I have had to delay window inspections 3 months. No one at Milgard seems to care and if you get the slightest tone with them, well they just don't respond to you for weeks. I am now still waiting to hear back from them regarding this fix. Stay away. Terrible management.

Milgard response

We take all customer feedback very seriously. Please email me at social@milgard.com with your contact information so I can investigate this further. Thank you.

Take a Windows & Doors Quiz