3.14/5

New England

Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing is the premier provider of water management services. Having been in the business for over 50 years, Mid-Atlantic specializes in basement waterproofing, crawl space waterproofing as well as foundation repair for residential and commercial clients. Our awards speak to the high quality of workmanship and customer service we provide.

1706 Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

We were having water intrusion in the basement and we had a friend who had previously hired Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing, and they were pleased with the work that was done. We also got them and the gentleman who came and did the inspection was very knowledgeable. He walked us through what the problem likely was, and he clearly explained what the situation was and what the options were. We were happy to work with him.

Mid-Atlantic replaced the drainage around the interior of the basement floor. So they cut through the cement and unfinished base and also the concrete floor, pulled up the old pipe, regraded it, laid done new pipe, replaced our sump pump and the drain cover from the basement access from outside, and then poured new concrete over top of all that and sealed it back up. I was in contact with the rep over phone, and the work crew came by when scheduled, and they got the work done within the time frame.

We had a little bit of hiccup because they were doing concrete work outside and with the basement access, so we had to wait for some of the rain to pass. But they worked rather efficiently. They had to modify what they did, and they went ahead with that without telling me that they were changing what they were doing. But when I called the rep, he explained why it was done that way. I got the explanation, but it was just that they didn't tell me that they changed it before doing it even though I was home during the time they were working.

We had some old lumber out in the back of the house through the basement, and the work crew didn't ask me to clear it out. They just chucked it off to the side without asking, and I didn't really appreciate that much. But overall, I would recommend Mid-Atlantic. The people there seemed knowledgeable, and we're very pleased with the work overall. We're not having the water intrusion in the basement anymore. The sump pump they gave us is quieter than the one we had and everything seems to be okay.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

We have an 1850s house and the basement was completely flooded. It had been a chronic problem for a while. We had a damp basement then we started pooling water. Once the pooling water came, it started developing some mold on the rafters. We were doing a major expansion on our kitchen at the time and we contacted Mid-Atlantic because we wanted the basement to be done as well. We didn’t wanna go through another winter and spring with a wet basement, especially in upstate New York. I interviewed two locals from Rochester and then Mid-Atlantic, and their salesperson had the most convincing solution for our problem. That was what we were most impressed by. We were persuaded that this was the best way to go with our house, because it was mainly inside work and no outside work. I signed the contract with Mid-Atlantic and put a date on it. Then they came in December of last year and they did the work.

Since the installation, I've called them twice and they've been very responsive. The first time was because some of the water, which was being pumped out by a sump pump to the exterior of the house, was washing away our pavement on the side. They came and diverted the water by putting a longer pipe in. But that didn't really solve the problem. We’ve had a lot of rain this year and now, it is the front of the house that is being washed out. So we called them again. I also noticed that one of our pumps wasn’t functioning well. In the front, there are two sump pumps diagonally opposite in the basement. One was working very hard and the other one wasn’t working that much. So I called three days ago and they stopped by yesterday in the evening.

The service technician was a very nice gentleman from the Victor, New York office. He explained to me what they were going to do and that the service technician was gonna stop by today and check to make sure that the standby battery box was working fine. They’re going to switch the battery box to the other pump. We need that one to work for sure because that pumps out the most water. Number two is to divert the exhaust water in a way that it doesn’t hurt our front pavement. If they cannot get rid of the exhaust water in a way that it doesn’t damage our pavement, we may have to have some extra work done. But hopefully, we won’t need to go to another step.

Nonetheless, the basic system works well. Considering the mess the basement was previously, it’s in a much better shape now. As far as dampness is concerned, we were advised to get a good quality dehumidifier over-the-counter. We’ll go to Lowe’s or Home Depot and get one, which is not a big deal. I also liked the fact that they didn’t have to dig up the outside. I’d definitely recommend them.

Get expert buying tips about Basement Waterproofing delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

We were getting a little bit of water in our basement. So when we were walking around the builder show and the gentlemen at Mid-Atlantic asked if we had any water in our basement, that started the ball rolling. I thought I would make an appointment and see what they had to offer. I had had another company come but I wasn't interested in doing it at the time. So these guys from Mid-Atlantic basically hit me right at the right time. We ended up doing the full installation, which included one sump pump and I was really impressed with the job they did.

I couldn't believe that the installation guys did the job in two days. It was on a Saturday and a Sunday too, which I was really impressed with. Before coming out, they called to see if they could come earlier than anticipated. I couldn't change my schedule but my wife was there. I told her what to tell them and they totally reacted to everything. So I couldn't be any happier with those guys. And they worked extremely hard. They had to hand-bucket the dirt, the stone and the concrete in five-gallon buckets and they did a really nice job.

But the salesperson said something while giving the presentation that did not occur in the installation. And that was the only issue that I was extremely disappointed in. He didn't know where they were gonna put the submersible sump pump and I was concerned about the electrical. He said that they would run an extension cord but it had to be one that the company provided, not one that I would give to the guy when they got here. Otherwise, the warranty would be null. But when I said that to the gentleman who was installing, he was totally puzzled. He didn't know what I was talking about. But I called the office right away and explained the situation to them, and they reacted extremely fast. They shipped the extension cord and within two days, I got it.

When you call Mid-Atlantic, you talk to a person. You don't talk to a recording. And if you leave a message or if the person you wanna talk to is not available, they get back to you. You don't have to call them back. The salesperson that I had was not that way. But the main office was excellent. I could bypass everything. There was more good that outweighed the salesperson who came to the house. The people at Mid-Atlantic were very efficient, dependable and caring. They definitely cared about the issue I had with my Bilco door. It's just a minor issue and they still said they would address the problem and make it right. I'm very happy with them.

Mid-Atlantic is an awesome company and I would definitely recommend them. The system wasn't cheap but it's one of the best investments that I've made for my house. Some of the negative comments online about waterproofing installation is the dirt and naturally, you're gonna have that. But I didn't see any negativity about the system not working. In fact, it has really saved us. With what's going on right now all around Central Pennsylvania, we get saturated. It's the most rain we've had and my basement would be definitely flooded without that system.

Original review: June 29, 2018

We live in a township that doesn’t have a storm floor outside at the corner. Our street is very flood-prone and our yard is all flooded, and I was getting water in the house. Back when I bought the home, the realtor and the previous owner did not have to tell us that they had water problems and that the house flooded when it rained really hard. I bought the house and put a family room in, and everything was flooded out on Christmas Day. Then, when a daycare was built behind my house, it created a little more water issues. I put up with the water for 30 years and now we're starting to see the mold. So, I said that we had to spend a lot of money and get rid of the mold, but it was gonna come back because we wouldn't get rid of the mold if we didn’t get rid of the water.

My wife and I knew that we had a problem, so we searched on the internet for how to get the water out of the basement, and Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing came up, along with six other companies. I did some research and read some reviews of people that had Mid-Atlantic and were happy with their service. It was a lot of money, but I liked what I saw and read, and they weren’t that far away in Pittsburg, so I thought I'd give them a chance and I picked them. Then my wife and the sales rep of Mid-Atlantic who was pretty convincing pushed me into going ahead, although I wasn’t ready to spend that much money, not knowing the positive results, and I wanted to wait and sleep on the decision.

We had to have the whole basement dug out by Mid-Atlantic and they had to put in two sump pumps. We still got a lot of water but they pumped it out. But the first day with the installation team was a shock. They got out of the truck, entered, and started the work. With the jackhammers running in our basement, even though they put a heavy-duty plastic over the basement and they had it tunneled out from the basement to the backdoor, the noise coming up through the floors and the dust were shocking. In the first couple of hours, I was physically sick and the cats were beside themselves. Those guys really worked their butts off in the basement. They had to wear a mask due to what jackhammering creates in a closed space. After they were done with the work, it took me several weeks to get the dirt and the mess in the basement cleaned up. The basement was filled with our stuff since we don’t have a garage, and I had to run a thing to put in the driveway. That was quite an experience.

Since Mid-Atlantic came out and did the work, the results have been good so far. We got rid of the water to get rid of the mold, and it worked. We don’t have any water now in the basement. I just couldn’t put up anymore with going down there and having a couple of inches of water, and having to wait by the steps and sweeping the water to the drain, and then waiting for the floor to be dried. I'm glad that's over and the waterproofing is working.

But we had a problem with one of the pumps which quit on us during the worst rain of the year when we had three days of torrential downpours. So, I frantically called Mid-Atlantic and they came within a day or two. The girl rep was very helpful. The pump was under warranty and the guy replaced the part. I was very happy with the service. For some people that get a lot of water, I'd recommend Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing if they had the money and they could pay for the service. If they don’t get rid of the water, then it would create molds and they're gonna have health issues, but getting the waterproofing done is a big decision.

Original review: June 22, 2018

The water heater broke, we had that all cleaned up and everything was put back in the basement. We had it all fixed up and when I moved the cabinet around it, behind them was black mold. And so, when my son saw that, we were debating what we were gonna do about it. And then, the next week or so, he went to Hagerstown and saw the pictures of the basement on the wall. He talked to the guy and told him that his mom would like to talk to him.

I’m a home health agent and I knew so many people that had black mold and didn’t do anything about it. I told myself that if I ever get black mold, I would do something about it. We thought of looking at other companies but the guy who came here to tell us about it was very nice, pleasant and wasn’t pushy, and I liked that. I knew that I could work it through my bank and he said he could get it. So then, we decided that that’s where we’re going and we decided at that point that we were gonna do it. I read online some things that were kind of scary about the company didn’t follow through but I had this feeling about this man and I felt like I could trust him.

The sales rep was a nice man but I had to convince myself that I could afford it. Other than that, it was something that I knew I needed to do. I have a special needs son and so, we’re always here at the house and I don’t need to live in that. I got waterproofing services from Mid-Atlantic and they did the French drain around the basement. They were very good.

Since I’m 75, my basement was storage and really packed. They promised to move the stuff out and move it back without me doing anything. The first day that they came, they had seven men and they did it very nicely. Everything worked out wonderfully. But the next time they went to clean it up, they sent one guy. And one guy couldn’t do what seven men did so, I wasn’t too happy with that. I called them and they said they would do better than that, so they sent two men. But in the meantime, my five boys worked at it and we got it all together. We were really pleased with it and the job was done well. I really appreciated it. They did it in three days like they said they would and that was great but the clean-up was a little longer. Mid-Atlantic is a very good company, they follow through and they go from point A to point B just like they say they are going to.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing?

Original review: April 10, 2019

Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing had a slick presentation at a home remodeling show. They bragged that they had waterproofed the Statue of Liberty with a patented procedure. That sounded impressive so we had them put in a drain system in our basement. Their salesman, Steve **, told us that the contract price would be all that we would pay even if complications arose. Their crew showed up and said our floor tiles might contain asbestos. We had to pay $2,800 to have the tiles removed above the already exorbitant amount of $11,355 for what turned out to be a drainage ditch with a sump pump. When we contacted the company about the extra $2,800, we were told that they would have Steve ** answer to that. We never heard back from them. $14,155 was about $10,000 more than what the work turned out to be worth. Now we know but it is too late for us.

Original review: March 17, 2019

DO NOT use this company!!! Their work is TERRIBLE!!! They refuse to fix their mistakes, don’t honor their contracts and LIE. Contact DCRA (DC Department of Regulatory Affairs @ 202-442-4400) and and DISB (DC Insurance and Banking 202-727-8000) to request they revoke their license to do business in DC. Call DC Housing Authority (202-535-1000) and request they drop this company from vending at the annual DC Housing Fair. Call 7 ON YOUR SIDE and ask them to do a story if you’ve had a Disastrous encounter with this company!!!

I had a system put in horribly in my basement. Water came in through the basement windows and destroyed my renovation after install. They had removed windows for install. Later, also found water coming through my laundry room wall. They had not RE-attached an elbow in the plumbing. A rep came out and said the system had been installed wrong and they would be out to replace it the next month. When I called back she refused saying, “You Could have paid someone to Break IT!" Talked to an exec who reported it to top Brass. Maryland guys ignored her! I’ve had both SEXIST and RACIST experiences with them! They took out the windows to install the system and water came in after my new renovation. Let’s shut them down!

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

In September, we had a salesman come out and give us an estimate on having our basement waterproofed. We agreed on what was to be done and a price. The salesman told us that work would be done by the end of October. In October, they called and set a date for the end of November. Two days before they were supposed to show up, we received a snowstorm. They called and said because of the snow, they were behind a couple of days, that the need to reschedule for the END OF DECEMBER. When I told them that date would not work, they magically pulled out a date a week later. I asked them to give me their word they would be there on that day, which was a Wednesday, the man on the phone said "100%".

Well, they then called back and said they could have a "double team" out there on the following Saturday instead and they could finish by that Monday. I said "Ok, as long as you can guarantee that you will be here. This has been 3 times I had to ask for time off of work already". The man on the phone said once again "100%, we will be there". They called that Friday night and said they could not make it. I called the regional manager on the following Monday and set up a firm date. Finally.

When the crew came, their work order was not what we agreed to. They complained about having to go through a wall, which was known to be there and on the diagram. They could not put the plugs in the wall like the salesman said they could. Once we got everything straightened out, the work was done in two days. A little over 1 month later (it is now January) and I have a couple wet spots in the basement. I now have to go through this all over again because they cannot live up to their promises. Save yourself the frustration and go elsewhere.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

I have mold in my house. The salesperson for Mid-Atlantic assured me that the company would be able to remediate the problem and get rid of it. At NO TIME was I informed of the entire process. I agreed to have this company complete the job. Was I ever snowballed!!! The company arrived and when I told them what I was told, I was informed that this company doesn't deal with mold. I tried contacting the main number but was told the individual was on vacation and would return my call as soon as she returned.

While this company was there, many bottles of my alcohol had taken a walk. When I went to look for a bottle, it was gone. I mentioned this to the supervisor and was asked if I just removed the bottle(S). Over $100.00 worth of alcohol was removed from my house and all I was given was $25.00. When they left, my basement was a mess to say the least. There were (and still are) marks on my wall. I asked the supervisor about this and he told me that they didn't clean it. The floor was also left in shambles. SAVE YOUR MONEY.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

In September we hired Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing to fix exterior leaking. The salesman did a very good job at selling his product. We decided to save money by not scheduling an appointment to have the work done but were told that the next available crew would do the work and it would be within the month. It is now two months later and I have not heard back from our local office located in Columbia Md. The first time I called I was told they were waiting for the work permit and I would get a callback with the status which never happened.

I then called the local office again and spoke with Andrew and he said he would look into it and I should call him back. I did but he has been out of the office. I called today 11/12/2018 and was told there is no one in the office I can talk to. This company has cashed our deposit check and I have still not heard when the work is going to be scheduled. No "production manager" has even come out to look at the property and where the work is supposed to be done. I am getting a bit fed up because this company has a great reputation or so I thought.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

We had the waterproofing system from Mid-Atlantic installed in 2015 for $13,000 with the trench dug out around the perimeter and a second sump pump installed. We were talked into an EZ breathe system for additional $1400 with the guarantee it would regulate humidity and there were also weep holes installed at the top of the cinderblock. In September 2018 we discovered we now have mold all over our basement. We were sold a system to keep our basement dry with low humidity and get rid of the musty smell. They told us we would not need a dehumidifier any longer so we got rid of ours. We had to pay $8000 in mold remediation and Mid Atlantic is not assuming any responsibility.

We had 5 remediation companies come out for quotes, 2 air-quality specialists, insurance company, and duct cleaning company and all questioned the weep holes that were put in the TOP of the cinderblock. Everyone believes this allows moisture to escape into the air and helped contribute to the mold. Also the EZ Breathe system that we were talked into for $1400 is nothing but a glorified fan and did not control the humidity like we were promised. This company is a rip off and the system does not work to keep our basement dry like promised. Would NOT recommend this company!

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

We purchased a house that had basement water issues. It was completely gutted when we bought it and there was water coming out of the foundation. We needed a complete basement drain system around the perimeter. Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing seemed to be more knowledgeable about the process as well as identifying the issues we were having. The team that showed up was very polite. They were neat, upfront, and honest. They didn't try to conceal anything.

Additionally, the salesman who showed up was very punctual. Their team called beforehand and let me know when they were on their way. I was very impressed.

Now everything works perfectly. We hear the pump come on occasionally during heavy rains. When that happens, we know our system works. I recommend Mid-Atlantic 100%.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

We had water in our basement and the wall was buckling. My wife and I ran into Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing at a trade show at Hanover, Pennsylvania. We discussed the service for a while and then we went ahead and did it. Their reps were very good. I was very impressed with the two guys that did the job. The did it quickly which lasted about two days. At this point, everything is fine. There is no water in the basement anymore.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

I had 4 companies come out to provide estimates, all suggested the exact same solution. Three companies were between $5K and $8K, the fourth was Mid-Atlantic... $46K. After laughing the initial sales guy out of the house, who knew less than I did about waterproofing basements, the “chief inspector” felt our quote was wrong and wanted to make it up to us. They came out again and when ILD told start quote with my wife because I was running 15 minutes late. Dude picked a new appointment time that was convenient for them, and just left. ** these guys...

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

My mother made the arrangements through the Mid-Atlantic sales team and I had no problems with them. My mother had a sump pump put in and it was already there before Mid-Atlantic did the wall. My mother had the backyard redone and they put a bad grading of cement back down without the rebar and when it rained for several days, that caused the gray cinder blocks to start sweating. The cement in the backyard started cracking and the water filled up and came through the window well so they had to put some sealant and a pipeline so that the water would float to the line down to the sump pump. The wall still gets damp but the experience was alright.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2018

We had a lot of mold and mildew in our basement because water was seeping through the ground level as well as the foundation and the side walls so we called Mid-Atlantic to get information. A salesman came, told us what it all entailed, we bargained a price and we got it done. The rep was very pleasant and very easygoing. We talked about what they would do and he was very specific in what would be done and the pricing. The installation team was nice, hardworking and they did a great job. They explained everything, were very thorough and cleaned up all their messes. They had to come back to hook up our sump pumps and they did that without any problem. The basement has been great. I can go down there without feeling like I’m getting mold or mildew. It’s very dry. It’s not as damp as it used to be and there isn’t any sign of mold or mildew. It was an excellent experience and I would highly recommend Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

When my walls were seeping groundwater, I contacted Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing. The waterproofing companies around here kind of sucked and were a lot more pricier. I got a lifetime warranty with Mid-Atlantic as well. I got around the perimeter of the basement and put corrugated tubing and a sump pump in. They concreted and drilled like a leak pressure on the walls. Mid-Atlantic's sales guy was cool and knowledgeable. The installers had to come back out once because after they finished, I'm still getting water in one area in my basement. So, they came out again and fixed that. I get just a tiny bit still, but it was not too concerning. My experience was good overall.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

Mid-Atlantic came to our local fair and had a booth set up. We've had issues with our basement before and we wanted to be able to redo the basement so we contacted them to do it all. They did a really good job with the waterproofing service. The people who came out were good and did exactly what they said when they would do it so everything was on time and done quick. Now, the basement is dry all the time, which is good, and it doesn't smell musty anymore.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

Mid-Atlantic seemed professional and they stood behind their product with a pretty good warranty. We had some basement waterproofing done with sump pumps as well as wall anchor straps put on one of the basement walls. The rep met with us once or twice at the home, did a inspection, and then gave us a quote for the work. He did a good job in explaining the process, the final product, and the warranty. And the installers were a couple hardworking guys. Mid-Atlantic did a good job and they were pretty dependable.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

I was looking on the internet for companies that did waterproofing and I came upon Mid-Atlantic. Our experience with them was simple and straightforward, and the reps that I dealt with were very good and professional. Mid-Atlantic did basement trenching and inside French drainage for us. They talked to us and explained the situation and the process, and they aligned everything we felt was needed, then we went on from there. The work they did was very well done. They were upfront and told us exactly what we would get and they delivered on their promise.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

I got water in my basement and a family referred Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing. Their sales rep was nice and informative. However, there's still water in the basement four months after and it's a $17,000 deal which is a lot of money. Part of the deal was, “We now own your basement. We will be in charge of any water that comes in it.” So when there was water in it and I was paying that money, I was pissed. I called, their techs came out and they said, “Yeah. We don’t know what it is.” I said, “No. You find out what it is. I gave you all that money. Don’t ever tell me you don't know because you took over the basement and I have a piece of paper saying that you are now gonna be in charge of waterproofing my basement until my house falls down.”

I refused to pay them and told them, “Go ahead. Take me to court. Screw with my credit. You will hear from my attorney in five minutes.” I got all angry because it pissed me off. So then they decided to make up for it. They gave me a payment back. I said, “Listen. You need to pay me this much because now I've put so much time to this that you officially owe me money,” and they gave me one payment back. It was $225 which I was happy with. Then they came back, did a couple more things and I have not gotten water since. They were supposed to come in and put wrap on my wall but they have never put it up because the product that they were gonna put on the wall was on backorder. They have never called me and never followed up, which is a bit crappy, and the basement suddenly dried. So, I haven't really sat down and had the time to call them up again.

We haven't had issues since March and I've been paying, so I'm somewhat happy. I just hope it stays that way. But the techs didn’t come back and do what they said they were gonna do. I'm disappointed in the fact that I have to act like an angry customer to get something done. They should still get over here and put that wrap on the wall.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing worked on our basement because it was flooding real bad. It was wet all the time so they put in a drain in the floor to get the water out. Everybody was great and the installation team was very good. Our basement is only 5 feet tall so the poor guys had to crouch in there which I'm sure was difficult, but we didn’t hear any complaining. They got the job done and they did good. Our basement has been working good since then. As a matter of fact, you don’t wanna be where the pipe comes out when it decides to kick on because it comes out like a blast. It actually dug a hole in the lawn where the water just powers out there. Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing is a good company to use.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

We were getting a lot of damp, even with the dehumidifier. There was water coming in, slightly, but not that much, that was why I asked Mid-Atlantic to come in and check it out. Mid-Atlantic has a great reputation and they stood up to it. They dug the trench, they did the French drain, and then they also put a sump pump in the corner. The only complaint I have is that there was only one guy that spoke English, and he was in and out. But they did a great job and I already have recommended Mid-Atlantic. If others will have water issues in their basement, it's a lot easier to have Mid-Atlantic than try and do it themselves. It would've taken twice as long and they wouldn't have gotten the quality. Mid-Atlantic knows what they're doing and they have a reasonable price too.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing looked like they had been around for quite a few years and other reviews seemed to indicate that they were good at their craft, so I went with them. The sales representative and the installation itself were fine. They waterproofed the basement and the guys did a good job. But after it was installed, I had a couple of issues that I was trying to hash out and they were very unresponsive in getting back to me. There were a couple of minor things that they had to come back and take care of and I had some questions on. I called to speak to several people and different managers and I left messages. They were supposed to call me back but they never did. Then, I finally got through to somebody and, weeks later, they came through and handled the issue. I would recommend Mid-Atlantic but I would tell others about my experience with follow-up.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

Everything went fairly well with Mid-Atlantic. One issue that we had was that when they disconnected our hot water heaters in the basement, there was a little bit of damage to the boiler system that we had to get repaired. We had some difficulty getting them to fix it. I had to go through the BBB and pressure them that way to get it fixed. But they did end up getting it fixed and everything was resolved.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

I had water coming in through the wall in the basement. Mid-Atlantic had decent price and the salesperson answered my questions. I also liked what they offered. The service guys came on time, did the job, and it was good. I would recommend them.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

We had worked on our house in Allentown, Pennsylvania years ago and I was pleased with what Mid-Atlantic did then. We were happy with the Allentown results so we went with them when we had a leakage in our house here coming in from the outside. The sales reps were okay but when they found out that we wound up using Mid-Atlantic, they were a little pushy as far as that was concerned. But the installation team was fine. They put a real thick tar on the outside and also black plastic and they filled in the ditch with the dirt. Also, they cleared up the flooding part. They took pictures of what they were doing and sent those to us. They’re coming again and there’s still a bit of dirt coming in but it has held up. We’ve had a lot of rain and no leakage has occurred.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

My basement was flooding during severe weather conditions. Mid-Atlantic put in a French drain. The work was fine, but it took several years for us to finally get rid of all the dust that was left over. I wish they would work on that, and they'd have somebody to come back and clean it up because we couldn't clean it up with a vacuum cleaner. It would just go right through the vacuum cleaner and blow out the other side. It would just stir up more dust. We tried to mop it up, but then when it dried, it was still there. However, they solved the problem with the flooding and cleaning up wasn't their responsibility.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing put two sump pumps in our basement and ran a new system around the house. Their salesman suckered us out into buying it. We were made to believe that we have a water problem and we spent $18,000 that we didn’t need. Also, the installers were nice but they didn’t do a very good job of cleaning up after themselves.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

The house was very old and I had flooding in my basement. Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing put in a system to drain the water away from the walls and away from the house and into a pump. Their sales agent was very knowledgeable and very helpful. He made suggestions, told me things that I didn’t need to do and was very responsive to my individual needs. Then the installers knew what they were doing and they were trying to clean up the house because dust would get everywhere when they jackhammered the existing cement. They were easy to work with, friendly, and they stayed on task. My basement is dry since then and I’ve referred a couple of people to them for future reference. I would definitely go with them again.

Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing specializes in foundation repair and drying out basements. The long-standing company is known for its reliable residential and commercial services.

• Lots of experience: With 50 years in the business, few basement waterproofing companies have as much experience.

• Free home inspections: Customers can get an opinion on their water issues with no obligation.

• Multiple locations: Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing provides service in nine states from Connecticut to Virginia and Washington, D.C.

• Top-notch foundation piering systems: For structural repairs, Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing uses the DynaPier® system, considered among the strongest in the industry.

• Comprehensive services: From mold and mildew prevention to sump pump installation, Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing covers all the bases.

• Best for: Homeowners and businesses who want to prevent or fix water seepage issues.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs