4.44/5
Based on 1,617 ratings

Quit paying for costly home repairs

New England

Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing is the premier provider of water management services. Having been in the business for over 50 years, Mid-Atlantic specializes in basement waterproofing, crawl space waterproofing as well as foundation repair for residential and commercial clients. Our awards speak to the high quality of workmanship and customer service we provide.

Quit paying for costly home repairs

1707 Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing Consumer Reviews

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

We purchased a house that had basement water issues. It was completely gutted when we bought it and there was water coming out of the foundation. We needed a complete basement drain system around the perimeter. Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing seemed to be more knowledgeable about the process as well as identifying the issues we were having. The team that showed up was very polite. They were neat, upfront, and honest. They didn't try to conceal anything.

Additionally, the salesman who showed up was very punctual. Their team called beforehand and let me know when they were on their way. I was very impressed.

Now everything works perfectly. We hear the pump come on occasionally during heavy rains. When that happens, we know our system works. I recommend Mid-Atlantic 100%.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

My mother made the arrangements through the Mid-Atlantic sales team and I had no problems with them. My mother had a sump pump put in and it was already there before Mid-Atlantic did the wall. My mother had the backyard redone and they put a bad grading of cement back down without the rebar and when it rained for several days, that caused the gray cinder blocks to start sweating. The cement in the backyard started cracking and the water filled up and came through the window well so they had to put some sealant and a pipeline so that the water would float to the line down to the sump pump. The wall still gets damp but the experience was alright.

Get expert buying tips about Basement Waterproofing delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2018

We had a lot of mold and mildew in our basement because water was seeping through the ground level as well as the foundation and the side walls so we called Mid-Atlantic to get information. A salesman came, told us what it all entailed, we bargained a price and we got it done. The rep was very pleasant and very easygoing. We talked about what they would do and he was very specific in what would be done and the pricing. The installation team was nice, hardworking and they did a great job. They explained everything, were very thorough and cleaned up all their messes. They had to come back to hook up our sump pumps and they did that without any problem. The basement has been great. I can go down there without feeling like I’m getting mold or mildew. It’s very dry. It’s not as damp as it used to be and there isn’t any sign of mold or mildew. It was an excellent experience and I would highly recommend Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

When my walls were seeping groundwater, I contacted Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing. The waterproofing companies around here kind of sucked and were a lot more pricier. I got a lifetime warranty with Mid-Atlantic as well. I got around the perimeter of the basement and put corrugated tubing and a sump pump in. They concreted and drilled like a leak pressure on the walls. Mid-Atlantic's sales guy was cool and knowledgeable. The installers had to come back out once because after they finished, I'm still getting water in one area in my basement. So, they came out again and fixed that. I get just a tiny bit still, but it was not too concerning. My experience was good overall.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

We were having water intrusion in the basement and we had a friend who had previously hired Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing, and they were pleased with the work that was done. We also got them and the gentleman who came and did the inspection was very knowledgeable. He walked us through what the problem likely was, and he clearly explained what the situation was and what the options were. We were happy to work with him.

Mid-Atlantic replaced the drainage around the interior of the basement floor. So they cut through the cement and unfinished base and also the concrete floor, pulled up the old pipe, regraded it, laid done new pipe, replaced our sump pump and the drain cover from the basement access from outside, and then poured new concrete over top of all that and sealed it back up. I was in contact with the rep over phone, and the work crew came by when scheduled, and they got the work done within the time frame.

We had a little bit of hiccup because they were doing concrete work outside and with the basement access, so we had to wait for some of the rain to pass. But they worked rather efficiently. They had to modify what they did, and they went ahead with that without telling me that they were changing what they were doing. But when I called the rep, he explained why it was done that way. I got the explanation, but it was just that they didn't tell me that they changed it before doing it even though I was home during the time they were working.

We had some old lumber out in the back of the house through the basement, and the work crew didn't ask me to clear it out. They just chucked it off to the side without asking, and I didn't really appreciate that much. But overall, I would recommend Mid-Atlantic. The people there seemed knowledgeable, and we're very pleased with the work overall. We're not having the water intrusion in the basement anymore. The sump pump they gave us is quieter than the one we had and everything seems to be okay.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing?

Original review: July 18, 2019

I had Mid-Atlantic come to my house and give me their sales pitch. Once I heard the price I told them I was not interested. A month or so later they called back saying they can offer a new price. I invited them back and we agreed upon a price. When the workers showed up they were great. They worked hard and took very few breaks. They installed an interior drain system and two sump pumps. The system seems to be working fine. My one concern is the weep holes they installed at the top of my basement block. They call them convection ports and they believe it helps circulate the air.

However, I've noticed a ring of water around them. I showed a contractor buddy of mine and he seems to think that moisture (humidity) from the basement may be entering into these holes. Makes sense. On one wall if I tap on the ports water splashes out. Not sure why Mid-Atlantic thinks it's a good idea to drill holes in exposed basement walls when pretty much all basement waterproofers talk about sealing spots where air can enter.

Original review: April 10, 2019

Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing had a slick presentation at a home remodeling show. They bragged that they had waterproofed the Statue of Liberty with a patented procedure. That sounded impressive so we had them put in a drain system in our basement. Their salesman, Steve **, told us that the contract price would be all that we would pay even if complications arose. Their crew showed up and said our floor tiles might contain asbestos. We had to pay $2,800 to have the tiles removed above the already exorbitant amount of $11,355 for what turned out to be a drainage ditch with a sump pump. When we contacted the company about the extra $2,800, we were told that they would have Steve ** answer to that. We never heard back from them. $14,155 was about $10,000 more than what the work turned out to be worth. Now we know but it is too late for us.

Original review: March 17, 2019

DO NOT use this company!!! Their work is TERRIBLE!!! They refuse to fix their mistakes, don’t honor their contracts and LIE. Contact DCRA (DC Department of Regulatory Affairs @ 202-442-4400) and and DISB (DC Insurance and Banking 202-727-8000) to request they revoke their license to do business in DC. Call DC Housing Authority (202-535-1000) and request they drop this company from vending at the annual DC Housing Fair. Call 7 ON YOUR SIDE and ask them to do a story if you’ve had a Disastrous encounter with this company!!!

I had a system put in horribly in my basement. Water came in through the basement windows and destroyed my renovation after install. They had removed windows for install. Later, also found water coming through my laundry room wall. They had not RE-attached an elbow in the plumbing. A rep came out and said the system had been installed wrong and they would be out to replace it the next month. When I called back she refused saying, “You Could have paid someone to Break IT!" Talked to an exec who reported it to top Brass. Maryland guys ignored her! I’ve had both SEXIST and RACIST experiences with them! They took out the windows to install the system and water came in after my new renovation. Let’s shut them down!

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

In September, we had a salesman come out and give us an estimate on having our basement waterproofed. We agreed on what was to be done and a price. The salesman told us that work would be done by the end of October. In October, they called and set a date for the end of November. Two days before they were supposed to show up, we received a snowstorm. They called and said because of the snow, they were behind a couple of days, that the need to reschedule for the END OF DECEMBER. When I told them that date would not work, they magically pulled out a date a week later. I asked them to give me their word they would be there on that day, which was a Wednesday, the man on the phone said "100%".

Well, they then called back and said they could have a "double team" out there on the following Saturday instead and they could finish by that Monday. I said "Ok, as long as you can guarantee that you will be here. This has been 3 times I had to ask for time off of work already". The man on the phone said once again "100%, we will be there". They called that Friday night and said they could not make it. I called the regional manager on the following Monday and set up a firm date. Finally.

When the crew came, their work order was not what we agreed to. They complained about having to go through a wall, which was known to be there and on the diagram. They could not put the plugs in the wall like the salesman said they could. Once we got everything straightened out, the work was done in two days. A little over 1 month later (it is now January) and I have a couple wet spots in the basement. I now have to go through this all over again because they cannot live up to their promises. Save yourself the frustration and go elsewhere.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

I have mold in my house. The salesperson for Mid-Atlantic assured me that the company would be able to remediate the problem and get rid of it. At NO TIME was I informed of the entire process. I agreed to have this company complete the job. Was I ever snowballed!!! The company arrived and when I told them what I was told, I was informed that this company doesn't deal with mold. I tried contacting the main number but was told the individual was on vacation and would return my call as soon as she returned.

While this company was there, many bottles of my alcohol had taken a walk. When I went to look for a bottle, it was gone. I mentioned this to the supervisor and was asked if I just removed the bottle(S). Over $100.00 worth of alcohol was removed from my house and all I was given was $25.00. When they left, my basement was a mess to say the least. There were (and still are) marks on my wall. I asked the supervisor about this and he told me that they didn't clean it. The floor was also left in shambles. SAVE YOUR MONEY.

Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing specializes in foundation repair and drying out basements. The long-standing company is known for its reliable residential and commercial services.

• Lots of experience: With 50 years in the business, few basement waterproofing companies have as much experience.

• Free home inspections: Customers can get an opinion on their water issues with no obligation.

• Multiple locations: Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing provides service in nine states from Connecticut to Virginia and Washington, D.C.

• Top-notch foundation piering systems: For structural repairs, Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing uses the DynaPier® system, considered among the strongest in the industry.

• Comprehensive services: From mold and mildew prevention to sump pump installation, Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing covers all the bases.

• Best for: Homeowners and businesses who want to prevent or fix water seepage issues.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs