Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing

New England

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

My son helped search for different companies and he decided that Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing was the better company. Their prices were also better. I was quite impressed with the employees that put the system in. They explained everything and they cleaned everything up, there was no mess. They were great workers and great people. It was a good experience and I missed them after they worked here.

Everybody at Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing was polite and honest. I got a few estimates at the time and clearly, Mid-Atlantic had the price and a smooth-talking salesman. It's a rental and everything's good so far. I haven't had any callbacks or complaints. Everything’s the way it should be. They were great.

My neighbor cut the trees down to build a larger home. As a result, I was getting so much water in my basement so I called Mid-Atlantic. Their people were very personable and the technicians came and showed me what they were doing. I got the waterproofing services, and they put some sump pump in. Then they cleaned up afterwards. I didn’t think that my basement would dry up and work as well as they were telling me. I had no water coming in and I was surprised. On the other hand, they left an object that would make my basement smell good but I didn't understand how to use it. Other than that, Mid-Atlantic did a very good work and I was very satisfied. They said if I recommended someone, they would send me a gift of $100, which they did.

We had our basement radon proof which filled in the French drain and caused a moisture problem that resulted in mold. We got Mid-Atlantic to the job and the sales rep that I spoke to was adequate. The installation team did a good job. They put in some sump pumps and the mold is gone. I would recommend them.

We had been flooded at one time when the power was out and the sump pump wouldn’t go on. We had waterproofing in the basement, digging all around and putting the bleed pipes down and pumping it outside. That was about six years ago and we haven’t had a problem since. The sales reps were courteous and the installers were very good.

We’ve been having problems with some water that comes down in our basement if it rains hard. And because my wife had talked to Mid-Atlantic at a show for home repairs and home buildings, we called them for an estimate. The guy who came out was good and wasn't pushy, but said, “Oh, you should get this done.” It's kind of a sales pitch. We didn’t shop around anymore and we just went with them.

We purchased the drainage system with a sump pump where they put the drainage around the outside walls of the basement in the house. The installation team seemed pretty knowledgeable. The guy who was in charge was running the crew and there were some younger guys who work with him. They were good but they didn't do everything they were supposed to do such as the treatment in the basement. Also, it’s supposed to be a two-day thing and they kinda rushed through it and got it done. But since then, we don’t have such a musty smell in our basement like we did.

Another thing was we had agreed on the price when the guy came out and took a look. He went to talk to the office out in his car on his phone and got us a better price. But the guys who came to do the work didn’t have the discounted price on their paperwork and they ended up having to call the office and get a hold of somebody to get it because I wasn’t gonna pay an extra couple of thousand dollars that they wanted when they have agreed on a lower price. They were able to make it right. And overall, my experience with Mid-Atlantic was pretty good and they’re pretty nice about everything.

There were water damages on my basement.I had to have trenches and rods run through my walls. After so many months, particularly when it’s dry, I have to put the gadget on the wall to tighten the pumps. My daughter found Mid-Atlantic in a paper and gave it to me because I was having problems. I tried it on my own to see what they could do for me and it turned out very well. I also got deductions on the whole thing. The sales reps were very polite to me. They tried to help me whenever and assisted me the right way. The people I worked with worked very well with me. I took their advice, went forward and had what I had to get done.

The only thing that I was concerned about it was my walls because they were crackin’ and I even had rods went under the ground where my driveway was. But, I have had a Mid-Atlantic for almost five years and so far, I've had a very, very good experience with them. I would give Mid-Atlantic’s name to people who are having problems. They have helped me very much.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing?

The house originally had drains outside and apparently, they clogged up and then I was getting water inside the house. It was fine with Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing's sales rep and I purchased interior drains and a couple of pumps. My dad was a contractor so I know a little bit about what I’m doing down there and I watched the installation team a lot. Also, I talked to them while they were here. They were having some difficulty in a couple of places and I told them why and what was going on. It seems to be working fine.

The only thing that I was disappointed in is they had to build a thing up about three inches high all around the walls. I thought it would be flush but they built these things up and now the concrete is all cracking. My dad was a masonry contractor and I helped pour a lot of floors. You gotta get the concrete flooring to stick and the concrete’s nowhere near that thick. But I’m getting ready to paint everything down there and I will touch up the cracks and paint it. Overall, it was a pretty good experience.

I was purchasing a new house then and there was some water in the basement. The old homeowner installed Hydro-Trac of Mid-Atlantic as part of the purchase agreement we had. The work was done before we moved in. So far, it’s been all right. There had been a few times with the really heavy rains that we still had water come in through the front left wall. It would have been nice if the prior homeowner had done Hydro-Tracing around the front wall instead of the one side wall that’s underneath the garage. The one issue that we’ve had was that the sump pump that they had installed failed under six months to a year but they did come out, troubleshooted it, saw that it was bad and they replaced it. Also, they call a lot when we don’t need any waterproofing services. I told them that we’ll just call if we need something.

I had a leaky basement every time it rained. It was a mess. I talked to a Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing rep at a Belleville Flea Market and had a representative come to my house. Their sales reps were very good. They explained my options about what I could do with the money that I could afford to use. The installation team all seemed like pretty good guys. They put an artesian well around the basement walls and put it into a pump and pumps outside. I found them a place to dump the concrete that they had on so they didn’t have to tow it back. It took them 2 days to get everything done and it was a world of difference. I don't have water in the basement anymore. They had an excellent crew and they did what they said they were going to do and the job turned out good. I’m moving and I will contact the new owners of my house and get the warranty transferred over to them.

We moved in our house and we tore down the walls in our basement and we noticed mold and moisture on our basement walls. We then researched and Mid-Atlantic was the most popular by reputation. We got their waterproofing service and we got two sump pumps. The sales rep who was very helpful and informative sat down with us and explained everything that was gonna happen. He diagnosed the problem, discussed the cost, and he helped us get approved for a loan.

The first time, the installation guys did their own thing, which was down the basement. We stayed upstairs and they stayed out of the way. We had them come back because we noticed that one of their patch jobs was leaking. So, they came back out and they re-patched it and put the black tar stuff over it. The walls dried up dramatically since their service and the basement's healthier. There is no more mold or moisture and it made a great difference in the walls. It was a service that had to be done. When you tear a wall down it’s not something you want to see. But Mid-Atlantic took care of the problem and they did it sufficiently, friendly, fast, and accurately.

We had the services of Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing four years ago. We were looking for a waterproofing company because our basement flooded. Everything went fine and I had no issues. I've recommended them to people.

When I had water in the basement, I contacted Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing as I found their information on the display at a Home Builders Show. I availed of their rain management services and when their installers left, everything has been working fine since. This was years ago, but everything has been completely satisfactory and I have recommended them too.

We had a terrible experience with Mid-Atlantic. I would never recommend this company to anybody. We got them to waterproof a room we are redoing for the eight grandchildren that we have so that they could have a place to play when everybody lives here. First, they called and tried to schedule us in earlier because they had a cancellation. So, we said, "Yes" but it didn't give us a lot of time to clear things away from the wall. They said, "No problem." They would do it. They stuffed stuff up. I ended up losing stuff that fell and crashed to the floor after. The crew came in, then one of the guys with them was propositioning my husband that he would take all the paneling off the walls and get rid of it for $700. And I'm like, "Wait a minute. I thought that this stuff was like all-inclusive in." I had to call the company and they did make it right. They supposedly did the work, and then they left.

But then, we started having water problems. They came in and fixed the one thing and then a year later we had a heavy rain. I walked down into our family room which we hadn't started renovating yet. But my husband and I have severe back issues. So, our laundry and everything is upstairs. We don't go downstairs all that often but I was looking for something. I was over my foot in water in my basement.

Now their crew comes out and the guy takes one look at everything and he called the boss. He said, "I don't understand what the crew here before did, but there's an entire back wall that was dug up but the stuff that they put down in the trench was never light. And then they recemented it." So, the work wasn't done properly. They had to dig it all up again and all the dirt, all the mess was a horrible experience. They just did not do the work right. The crew that came up and fixed it was phenomenal. Thank God, it's dry now. But it took a hell of a lot of work and a lot of phone calls to get it done right. And at that $11,000, I expected a lot better than that. We felt very stupid for hiring them and not doing more research.

I needed Mid-Atlantic's services for a flooded basement. It’s been a year and I’ve had two people out since then that have inspected everything, and we’re doing fine and the basement's dry. We had a trench put in on two sides of the house and a sump pump. They did some damage to my lawn but other than that, everything else was fine. We're satisfied with Mid-Atlantic.

I found a representative of Mid-Atlantic in the BJ's wholesale store. I was walking out and they had a little table there for a free home inspection of our basement. I had water problems, so I went ahead and set up an appointment with them. I have cinder block walls, and the walls were absorbing and holding water. The water was just fitting into there, sucking through the walls, and eventually getting to my insulation between the wall and the drywall, and it was making that part wet, too. This was making my basement moist and I was getting some mold issues. They sent out a person to do the inspection and look at the house. Then they told me what they thought the issues were and made a recommendation of the type of service I needed. I had also suspected that was what needed to happen so they just confirmed my expectations.

I got waterproofing services from Mid-Atlantic. At the installation, the foreman or lead person explained the process to me. The other two persons in the installation team did not speak English, so I didn't speak much to them. The installation wasn't a long process and didn't take but a few days. After they did the job, I definitely can tell the difference — I didn't have all the moisture and issues that I was having before. It seems that they've installed a sub-pump and put a drain all around the house. They had to dig into the foundation, and I had to do some cleanup work afterwards, but I knew that going into it.

The waterproofing that they've installed is working well because the sub-pump is pumping out the water. I've also got a great, big drainage ditch outside my house, and I had to go in and fill that in, and redirect the water, but it's pulling a lot of water out from under the house. The water is not in my house and in my walls anymore. It was a mess before, but that's all resolved and it's dry now. The price was reasonable and they came in and did a great job, then left the place clean. They've met all my expectations or exceeded them in some cases, and I'm happy with the results.

We had water in the basement and requested service from Mid-Atlantic. The salesman explained everything to us and we were satisfied with what they would do. We purchased the waterproofing and this was provided 20 years ago. The installation team was great too. The trouble was that the salesman didn't communicate well with them. So, we had to intercede there. But the installers were terrific workers. Our house is sitting on rocks and they worked hard pulling out the dirt and installing the drain around the periphery of the basement. They didn't explain anything but they did a good job considering the situation.

Since the repair, the basement has been mostly dry. They had to come back and fixed a couple problems with the drain around the periphery. Also, one pump gave out one time and it was replaced. Since then, everything has been fine and the last problem has been about five years ago. Overall, Mid-Atlantic did the job that they said they would do and it's worked out well.

I was getting small amounts of water in the basement, so I got the basement waterproofing from Mid-Atlantic about three years ago. The sales reps came, looked around and gave an estimate. They went outside a couple of times and called people for interest-free financing. In my opinion, they just build the interest into your loan, but I was relatively satisfied with the price. It's a nasty and dirty job. I didn’t have outside access to my basement, so they had to come in through the house and it's a pretty messy situation. I had to clean for a long time after the job to get the dust out. There was still dust in the work area and in my house because they jackhammer concrete. It was a pretty large mess, but because of the price that I got, I endured through it.

The way it went pretty was much far for the course when you have pre-existing foundation that's 60 years ago built and you have to jackhammer out the perimeter of the basement and haul it about the house. I would not recommend doing it if you have that water problem because there are other quicker fixes, but they're gonna endure for the long haul and the foundation is sound up to this point. l recommend that people should get out of the house and plan to go somewhere for a week at least while the work is being done, because we thought we could stay here and I wouldn’t recommend that. Also, the basement needs to be empty or secured with everything in the middle and covered up really well. But I'm fairly satisfied with the job, and our basement is drier.

My basement was getting flooded and I decided to try a professional through Mid-Atlantic which I chose due to their prices and reviews. We had waterproofing services and since then, I haven't gotten any water in the basement. The guys that did it were very good. Mid-Atlantic farmed it out to somebody else, though, which I didn’t really appreciate. Another issue I had was with the sales rep that came over. I had given him some copies of previous quotes of the people that had come over and he said that if I give it to him, he’ll send me a gift certificate for a restaurant but he never followed through with that.

I've used Mid-Atlantic before and when I recently needed waterproofing services for a foreclosure property, I contacted them again and the service was great. They stayed in touch and they got back to me, so I didn't have a problem. It took them about 20 to 30 days to complete everything because they had to get a permit from the county and all that good stuff.

We had molds in the basement and Mid-Atlantic explained things well and they could do it right away. We had mold removal and waterproofing in September and they also put in a French drain and two sump pumps. The guys who installed them were very good and they cleaned up after themselves. We don't have a moldy smell anymore and the basement is fine. It was something scary but it worked out well and I'd recommend them.

I had a foundation issue and some water intrusion to my basement. I was in a hurry and did a little bit of research on the web looking for companies doing sensitive water proofing, mitigation of water issues, and foundation issues. I looked at some reviews and some technical approach stuff, made a few phone calls, and Mid-Atlantic was responsive. They could do the work quickly which I needed because I had water coming into my basement every time it rained, which I couldn't sustain because I had a finished basement. Mid-Atlantic's approach from a technical point of view seemed like a logical way to address the issue. The combination of their availability, responsiveness, and technical solution made me go with them.

They had somebody out within two days when I called. We did a quick walk around, looked outside and inside the wall, and explained what was going on. Their rep seemed to be very familiar with the issue and was straightforward. We sat down down and he told me the issue that I was most likely dealing with, the approach to resolve the issue, and a basic estimate of what the cost would be. He also told me they'll give me a final estimate once we open the wall up and take a look behind the sheetrock. The installation guys who came in were phenomenal. I was thinking the repair was gonna take two days but they got most of the work done in one day. They had to come back the second day just for the final pour for the floor but that was quick. The guy who was the manager also showed up. I spoke with him and he answered all my questions. The basement is now dry - there is no more water. I'd recommend Mid-Atlantic.

I had French drains in my basement 30 years ago which were working, but all of a sudden the wall up to the corners was starting to get mold. Mid-Atlantic seems to talk about the problem that I was having on their website versus other places, and they were well-rated. Their reps came over and showed us lots of video on their computer, a fair amount of handouts, and toured our basement and measured everything. The installation team told me what they were going to do and how long it would take. All the questions I had, they know. The mold smell is completely gone now and I was surprised at how quickly it disappeared. I’m definitely happy and would recommend Mid-Atlantic.

We only get a lot of water in our basement when it rains a lot. But we wanted to get our basement done because we didn’t like the musty smell it had and so it wouldn’t get any worse. The Mid Atlantic sales reps were nice and the second guy, Toby, was very informative. Brian and Justin, the guys that worked on the installation, did a good job. They were on time, courteous and cleaned up after themselves.

There was so much water in the basement, and a rep from Mid-Atlantic came over. Their team drilled holes in the wall near the foundation and put a sump pump in. I found out that cinder block doesn't absorb as well as the cement block, and it cracked on my outside cellar way and that's where they had a lot of problems running in. The situation is better now and I don't have as much water, but I still have to go down and do some bailing. It isn't Mid-Atlantic's fault and they told me maybe because it's clay soil. They came out and wanted to sell me more but I wasn't going to go into all of that more expense.

Mid-Atlantic fixed the leak in my cellar almost two months ago. Their sales representatives were nice and their installation team did what they had to do. I would recommend them to others.

I went with Mid-Atlantic to waterproof my main wall across the back of my house because of the handholding that they do with someone who doesn't have any experience with leaks or wall cracks. We purchased a house and had a leak in our basement that would not stop. Their sales rep came and took his time in answering all our questions, and helping us understand why the wall was leaking, why there were cracks in multiple places, and what they would need to do. Also, he explained the importance of getting it done, what level it was at that time and how much worse they can get as the winter progressed. The installation team came, did the job, cleaned up everything, and left. It almost felt like even if I wasn't in the house, it would have just happened. Our wall and sump pump look great and we haven't had any issues or concerns. It was quick, efficient and I would do it again with Mid-Atlantic if I had any other issues with any other walls.

We have chronic dampness in the basement and it's been an ongoing problem. We don’t flood and we're not getting steady water in the basement, but it’s very damp. And it’s half the living space of the house so it’s impeding our use of the house because it’s one of those walkout basements. We’ve tried other things to solve the problem including re-digging the French drain, re-putting a drain pipe in and perforated pipe in and re-damp proofing the outside of the basement. And it didn’t really seem to help so we were looking for something different, and that’s why we did it with Mid-Atlantic. They did a system where they put in some pumps and did a channel along inside of the basement wall which is actually three walls of our basement. So hopefully the water will drain into those channels and then be pumped out.

As far as the sales rep explaining how it works, he was very good and it made sense to me at the large scale, but I did feel like it was high pressure and because of that I almost didn’t do it. But in the end, I decided to do it because I wanted to get it done. Also, it took the installers a little longer than anticipated, but they said our house is a little bit more complicated and I don’t fault them for that because my house is a very unusual modern house. The fact it took a little longer is not a surprise because I’ve had that experience with most projects.

The installers left a mess, but I knew they were going to leave a mess. But they were nice and this fella talked to me several times all about the system, how he set it up and he also gave me his phone number so I could call him later on if I have any questions and that part was good. Right now, I don’t know if it’s working or not, ‘cause it's winter time and we’re not really getting a lot of dampness in the wall. It’s something we can tell a couple of years down the road. But they were very professional, well organized and they seem to have an innovative solution. And they did what they said, so overall I’m satisfied with Mid-Atlantic.

My wife's been complaining for years that there was dampness in the basement. Mid-Atlantic offered prices and eventually they came down at least $5,000, but I thought it was a fair enough deal, so we got their waterproofing service and they dug a trench. The results seemed to be good so far. It seemed to be pretty damn dry down there now. I recommend them.

I had a leak in a crawlspace. My step-son found Mid-Atlantic online and they seem to know a little more about what they were doing than the other one that I interviewed. I got a French drain from them and we went through three of their sales people before we finally got the price down to where I was comfortable with. It was just a haggling process. The first salesman said it’s 25 then it’s 22 then it’s 18. But they did a fairly decent job in installing it and I was satisfied. And since the installation, we don’t have the little odor coming out of that crawlspace upstairs because of the water sitting there.

We’ve had a water condition in our basement for a while so we got the waterproofing system from Mid-Atlantic. The installers were here for four days and anytime they had an issue, they came right up and asked. We were there the whole time while they were installing and our interaction with them was good. We’ve been in a dry period since the installation of the system and neither one of the pumps has discharged yet. But when the installers left, the system was tested so I'm assuming it's going to do what it's supposed to do and get rid of the moisture in the basement.

From beginning to end, my experience with Mid-Atlantic was seamless and they backed up every promise that they made. I've recommended them to someone who is having his house done right now. I know of their work through other people that have used them before and chose them for that as well as their warranty.

We had water penetrating the block on the front side of the house, and my wife came up with Mid-Atlantic. The Mid-Atlantic sales rep called, made an appointment, and explained what they would do, which they exactly did. They removed concrete from two feet in from our walls and there was some waterproofing material laid down and then stone and then re-concreted. It was efficiently done and two sump pumps were added. It seems to have taken care of the problem.

The Mid-Atlantic installation team was very efficient. They were very busy all day long up until late in the night. They came back the next morning and worked again until late in the night and then completed their work and cleaned up the basement. They worked very hard and were diligent in keeping the place clean. The only thing is that they punched holes in the top of the block and weep holes at the bottom. They installed the vents in the top of the block where they punched holes and I’m missing one of those vents. I talked to one of their representatives and mentioned it, but I’ve never gotten one back. Other than that, they were very good. They did what they said they were going to do and I was happy with the experience.

Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing Company Profile