Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing

New England

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

The builders were putting an addition on our house. They took down the gutters and we got the torrential rains starting out wiped out Ellicott City but in such curbed backs, dirt, dungeons, furnace room actually filled up with water and overflowed into our basement. We’d been thinking about putting something in there to improve as it was always a little bit damp. I've seen Mid-Atlantic systems in many houses as I'm in real estate and so we purchased waterproofing and putting down the plastic sheeting in the dirt area of our basement from them, so the bio micro spray and two sump pumps in the system go around the French drain type system.

The sales representative came to our house and demonstrated what he would do. He explained the process but we already knew what it entailed. The installation team was very timely and the head guy was very polite. One of the things that we wanted to be done hadn’t been done so he came out on a weekend on his own time and took care of it. He did an excellent job and was very nice.

The people who owned this house before us had 50 cats and they let the cats pee everywhere. The small was super hard to get rid of in this part because it was dirt on stone and the only other option was to excavate. We had treated it many times and it we couldn’t get rid of the odor so with the spraying of vents and with the ports for air circulation and with the plastic cover has made it really smelled 1000% better now. Knowing that our basement is going to stay dry has also made it smell a lot better. Staying perfectly dry and the turfing of the dirt dungeon have made it a lot cleaner.

We knew that it’s an expensive service but the basement's a useable space now so we’re pretty satisfied. We probably did not need two sump pumps but because it was a freak of nature storm that got us while our gutters were down, at the same time, we like the transferability of the warranty that comes with it and it’s turned out to be a really good system. We shopped around and we like what Mid-Atlantic had versus the other companies. I have recommended them many times in the past, even before we got our system, so I recommend them to my clients whenever they need them as well. It's effective and well-done. They did very satisfactory work.

My basement kept flooding and the water was coming in from the basement so I needed Mid-Atlantic's services. The rep was very nice and he didn’t try to pressure us. He laid everything out for us and he was very well-informed. He was also very nice and kind. Now there is no more water leaking in my basement and everything is working extremely well thanks to them.

Our experience with Mid-Atlantic went very smoothly, and we haven't had any overflow water since they did the installation. Water piles up in the alley about 20 feet away, but happy to say it doesn’t come in.

Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing did a good work and they were in and out at the time that they said they would be. We used them for the drainage on the inside of the basement and I was pleased with them. I would recommend them to somebody else. Even the inspector that inspected the work done afterwards has never had any problem with Mid-Atlantic and he’s inspected quite a few other jobs.

There's nothing but good things to say about Mid-Atlantic. I purchased the basement French drain and sump pumps from them and the sales rep and installation team were nice and friendly. The level pump on one of the pumps went bad and they were out the next day and replaced it with no problem.

My basement was getting flooded and I decided to try a professional through Mid-Atlantic which I chose due to their prices and reviews. We had waterproofing services and since then, I haven't gotten any water in the basement. The guys that did it were very good. Mid-Atlantic farmed it out to somebody else, though, which I didn’t really appreciate. Another issue I had was with the sales rep that came over. I had given him some copies of previous quotes of the people that had come over and he said that if I give it to him, he’ll send me a gift certificate for a restaurant but he never followed through with that.

I've used Mid-Atlantic before and when I recently needed waterproofing services for a foreclosure property, I contacted them again and the service was great. They stayed in touch and they got back to me, so I didn't have a problem. It took them about 20 to 30 days to complete everything because they had to get a permit from the county and all that good stuff.

We had molds in the basement and Mid-Atlantic explained things well and they could do it right away. We had mold removal and waterproofing in September and they also put in a French drain and two sump pumps. The guys who installed them were very good and they cleaned up after themselves. We don't have a moldy smell anymore and the basement is fine. It was something scary but it worked out well and I'd recommend them.

I had a foundation issue and some water intrusion to my basement. I was in a hurry and did a little bit of research on the web looking for companies doing sensitive water proofing, mitigation of water issues, and foundation issues. I looked at some reviews and some technical approach stuff, made a few phone calls, and Mid-Atlantic was responsive. They could do the work quickly which I needed because I had water coming into my basement every time it rained, which I couldn't sustain because I had a finished basement. Mid-Atlantic's approach from a technical point of view seemed like a logical way to address the issue. The combination of their availability, responsiveness, and technical solution made me go with them.

They had somebody out within two days when I called. We did a quick walk around, looked outside and inside the wall, and explained what was going on. Their rep seemed to be very familiar with the issue and was straightforward. We sat down down and he told me the issue that I was most likely dealing with, the approach to resolve the issue, and a basic estimate of what the cost would be. He also told me they'll give me a final estimate once we open the wall up and take a look behind the sheetrock. The installation guys who came in were phenomenal. I was thinking the repair was gonna take two days but they got most of the work done in one day. They had to come back the second day just for the final pour for the floor but that was quick. The guy who was the manager also showed up. I spoke with him and he answered all my questions. The basement is now dry - there is no more water. I'd recommend Mid-Atlantic.

I had French drains in my basement 30 years ago which were working, but all of a sudden the wall up to the corners was starting to get mold. Mid-Atlantic seems to talk about the problem that I was having on their website versus other places, and they were well-rated. Their reps came over and showed us lots of video on their computer, a fair amount of handouts, and toured our basement and measured everything. The installation team told me what they were going to do and how long it would take. All the questions I had, they know. The mold smell is completely gone now and I was surprised at how quickly it disappeared. I’m definitely happy and would recommend Mid-Atlantic.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing?

We only get a lot of water in our basement when it rains a lot. But we wanted to get our basement done because we didn’t like the musty smell it had and so it wouldn’t get any worse. The Mid Atlantic sales reps were nice and the second guy, Toby, was very informative. Brian and Justin, the guys that worked on the installation, did a good job. They were on time, courteous and cleaned up after themselves.

There was so much water in the basement, and a rep from Mid-Atlantic came over. Their team drilled holes in the wall near the foundation and put a sump pump in. I found out that cinder block doesn't absorb as well as the cement block, and it cracked on my outside cellar way and that's where they had a lot of problems running in. The situation is better now and I don't have as much water, but I still have to go down and do some bailing. It isn't Mid-Atlantic's fault and they told me maybe because it's clay soil. They came out and wanted to sell me more but I wasn't going to go into all of that more expense.

Mid-Atlantic fixed the leak in my cellar almost two months ago. Their sales representatives were nice and their installation team did what they had to do. I would recommend them to others.

I went with Mid-Atlantic to waterproof my main wall across the back of my house because of the handholding that they do with someone who doesn't have any experience with leaks or wall cracks. We purchased a house and had a leak in our basement that would not stop. Their sales rep came and took his time in answering all our questions, and helping us understand why the wall was leaking, why there were cracks in multiple places, and what they would need to do. Also, he explained the importance of getting it done, what level it was at that time and how much worse they can get as the winter progressed. The installation team came, did the job, cleaned up everything, and left. It almost felt like even if I wasn't in the house, it would have just happened. Our wall and sump pump look great and we haven't had any issues or concerns. It was quick, efficient and I would do it again with Mid-Atlantic if I had any other issues with any other walls.

We have chronic dampness in the basement and it's been an ongoing problem. We don’t flood and we're not getting steady water in the basement, but it’s very damp. And it’s half the living space of the house so it’s impeding our use of the house because it’s one of those walkout basements. We’ve tried other things to solve the problem including re-digging the French drain, re-putting a drain pipe in and perforated pipe in and re-damp proofing the outside of the basement. And it didn’t really seem to help so we were looking for something different, and that’s why we did it with Mid-Atlantic. They did a system where they put in some pumps and did a channel along inside of the basement wall which is actually three walls of our basement. So hopefully the water will drain into those channels and then be pumped out.

As far as the sales rep explaining how it works, he was very good and it made sense to me at the large scale, but I did feel like it was high pressure and because of that I almost didn’t do it. But in the end, I decided to do it because I wanted to get it done. Also, it took the installers a little longer than anticipated, but they said our house is a little bit more complicated and I don’t fault them for that because my house is a very unusual modern house. The fact it took a little longer is not a surprise because I’ve had that experience with most projects.

The installers left a mess, but I knew they were going to leave a mess. But they were nice and this fella talked to me several times all about the system, how he set it up and he also gave me his phone number so I could call him later on if I have any questions and that part was good. Right now, I don’t know if it’s working or not, ‘cause it's winter time and we’re not really getting a lot of dampness in the wall. It’s something we can tell a couple of years down the road. But they were very professional, well organized and they seem to have an innovative solution. And they did what they said, so overall I’m satisfied with Mid-Atlantic.

My wife's been complaining for years that there was dampness in the basement. Mid-Atlantic offered prices and eventually they came down at least $5,000, but I thought it was a fair enough deal, so we got their waterproofing service and they dug a trench. The results seemed to be good so far. It seemed to be pretty damn dry down there now. I recommend them.

I had a leak in a crawlspace. My step-son found Mid-Atlantic online and they seem to know a little more about what they were doing than the other one that I interviewed. I got a French drain from them and we went through three of their sales people before we finally got the price down to where I was comfortable with. It was just a haggling process. The first salesman said it’s 25 then it’s 22 then it’s 18. But they did a fairly decent job in installing it and I was satisfied. And since the installation, we don’t have the little odor coming out of that crawlspace upstairs because of the water sitting there.

We’ve had a water condition in our basement for a while so we got the waterproofing system from Mid-Atlantic. The installers were here for four days and anytime they had an issue, they came right up and asked. We were there the whole time while they were installing and our interaction with them was good. We’ve been in a dry period since the installation of the system and neither one of the pumps has discharged yet. But when the installers left, the system was tested so I'm assuming it's going to do what it's supposed to do and get rid of the moisture in the basement.

From beginning to end, my experience with Mid-Atlantic was seamless and they backed up every promise that they made. I've recommended them to someone who is having his house done right now. I know of their work through other people that have used them before and chose them for that as well as their warranty.

We had water penetrating the block on the front side of the house, and my wife came up with Mid-Atlantic. The Mid-Atlantic sales rep called, made an appointment, and explained what they would do, which they exactly did. They removed concrete from two feet in from our walls and there was some waterproofing material laid down and then stone and then re-concreted. It was efficiently done and two sump pumps were added. It seems to have taken care of the problem.

The Mid-Atlantic installation team was very efficient. They were very busy all day long up until late in the night. They came back the next morning and worked again until late in the night and then completed their work and cleaned up the basement. They worked very hard and were diligent in keeping the place clean. The only thing is that they punched holes in the top of the block and weep holes at the bottom. They installed the vents in the top of the block where they punched holes and I’m missing one of those vents. I talked to one of their representatives and mentioned it, but I’ve never gotten one back. Other than that, they were very good. They did what they said they were going to do and I was happy with the experience.

I talked to Mid-Atlantic as I had to get water out of my basement. They dug up the basement and put a sump pump in, but I don't think I really needed that because it came through the two walls. On the other hand, I was pleased with everybody. They were very knowledgeable, helpful, and polite. It was a great experience, overall.

There was flooding in my basement area of my home and Mid-Atlantic was open and willing to work with me from a financial standpoint and gave me an opportunity to plan financially. Their sales rep was knowledgeable and informative and we had good interactions with the installation team. The basement area hasn't received any flooding since we had the waterproofing done three months ago, though there hasn't been a major rain yet.

Mid-Atlantic was at the Maryland County fair and I had a smelly basement so I needed their services. The sales reps were very professional and friendly. I got my basement waterproofed about two months ago and the installation team was great. My only complaint is that they moved my washer dryer and did not put it back. They left it for me to move which is a huge inconvenience because it's just me versus a crew of five who moved it. Nevertheless, they were very professional and did a courteous service, and the damp, musty smell is gone.

I had a couple of areas where water was coming in to my basement. Mid-Atlantic was giving free estimates. They sent a representative who didn’t explain everything that we were okay with, but they sent another guy out and he was more professional. He did some background as for his plan to explain what was going on, why the water was coming in to the basement, and it made sense because that's exactly what was happening.

We got the fence drain and they added the extra sump pump and also did checking for mold. It was expensive and they did a lot of damage to the basement itself, particularly the floor and walls. I was under the impression about the floor that they had to dig up the concrete to get down to put in the French drain. I had to have someone come out to repair everything back. I'm still trying to get things straight. I had to get my vents, duct work, and carpet cleaned.

I haven’t seen any water coming in so far since the service. The only problem that I had was when I called back to the office and talked to a lady about some water coming in from the bathroom area. When we cut the water on the shower, the water came over to the next room which is where the furnace is. Their digging in the area of the bathroom loosened up the seal around the shower enclosure and that's maybe what caused the water to come to the next room. We didn’t have the problem before. The lady said that she was going to check with her boss or the other manager, but no one got back with me. It was like they weren’t concerned. If they’re doing work for me and it looked like I have a problem, the customer should come first. They should call me back or even come out and look at what I was talking about instead of ignoring my complaint. They did a good job, but I didn't appreciate the follow-up customer service.

We had a damp basement, and we had Mid-Atlantic waterproof it since they seemed to have a clear idea of how to fix the problem and it seemed like they were more knowledgeable. I was pleased with their salesperson. He wasn't pushy. It wasn’t like, “We have to do this,” or, “This is the best way to do this.” It was, “This is how we could fix this and this is the guarantee that goes with it.”

They explained the process, and they said that it was going to be loud and messy, but had they said they needed to get something stronger, I would've gladly put down things that I had down on my carpet. I knew it was going to be messy but not as messy as it was. I would've done a lot more prep work before they even showed up. They know their business but the plastic that they brought with them was not very good. It was some thin plastic that didn’t do anything, and by midday, it was all torn up. That was a bit of a disappointment. My carpets were nearly ruined. In fact, I'm probably going to replace them in the spring. Also, they told me they were going to wrap everything in the basement, and we moved it all to the middle so it would make it easier for them to do it. The plastic that they used was all torn up by midday, so everything got dirty. We had to wash every single thing that was in our basement when they got through.

Moreover, they forgot the battery backup for the sump pump. We had a rare power outage here and the battery did not kick in, so I called them and they came right out. There was something missing in the battery itself, which they fixed, but had that been a real long term emergency, we probably would've had a mess. But as far as the crew was concerned, they were very good. I had a double crew. So instead of three men, I had six, and they got in and out quickly. They said it would be about three days, and they did it in one long day.

After the work has been done, there is a vast improvement in my home. There is no more musty odor, and it is definitely cleaner. We painted the walls a couple of times to make sure we covered everything up. And then we painted the floor, which we've never been able to do before because it would just peel from the dampness. Mid-Atlantic was efficient and did the job as promised. The whole process was pleasant. And so far, it's really made a big improvement. So I'm glad I did it.

We had water in our basement that needed to be sealed out. We did a lot of research and met someone from another company whom we weren't particularly impressed with, so we decided to go with a friend's referral, which was for Mid-Atlantic. Mid-Atlantic did a much better job even though it was a little more expensive. And I like their sales representative. He was very calm and kind, and he remembered the people that referred him to us. He took the time to explain things, but he didn’t seem very pushy. He answered our questions and explained the products. It was overall a good experience.

So we got a French drain put in and the Mid-Atlantic installation crew that came was great. They were organized especially the foreman. They did a really good job. They got it done a lot faster than we thought they would. The foreman took the time to show us everything when it was all done. They cleaned up everything and they were very nice. After their service, our home smelled better right off the bat, which was awesome! And then, we've had rain for a few days and I haven't seen any water. The only thing is that it was a bit more expensive than we were expecting, but they still gave us a very good price. I was very satisfied and I think they did a great job.

We live at the bottom of a hill and always had a wet basement. The man from Mid-Atlantic who we talked to was promising as far as what he said they could do but we almost dropped over with a heart attack when he told us the price. They were not financing so if we'll get it done, we would have to pay for it. We were also putting a porch on our house and vinyl railings so we thought of doing the basement while everything else is getting done. We got their system to dry the basement so they installed a sump pump, dug a trench, and put a drain pipe in.

There was a group of three who came to install the system but they busted a three foot section of our main sewer line that goes out of our house, and never said anything and never repaired it. Once they got all done, we noticed our toilet was backing up. When we called a plumber with a snake thinking maybe the pipe’s blocked, the snake was hitting concrete on the other side of the wall. When we had the maintenance service through the water company, they did the same thing and got stopped at the same length of snake. Then the city man came up and snaked it but got stuck at the same spot. He noticed the white pipe that the Mid-Atlantic guys left and wondered why didn’t they put it into the drain that’s in our house.

We complained about the drain the day that the Mid-Atlantic guys did the work because in the old homes, there was always a drain pipe. They claimed they couldn’t run the drain from the sump pump into that drain pipe. I asked why and they told me they couldn't do it because it's against the law. The sump pump was not even a foot from the drain pipe. They ended up going out the side from the sump pump, drilled through my foundation wall, and put the drain pipe which is a PVC piping, six feet out into my backyard and it was just the pipe laying there. I told them not to leave it like that. If they were not going to put the pipe into that drain, they should run it either alongside the fence line so it goes out into the street. They told me it will flood the sidewalk and cause ice so they can’t do that, too.

When my husband checked, we found out that there’s water in the basement because it was bubbling right up where Mid-Atlantic put the interlocking system. I went down a couple of steps of the cellar way and looked, and sure enough there was a puddle of water. Water from the sewerage drain was going down in the sump pump because they broke the pipe and we were getting the aroma of raw sewerage. I told me husband to call Mid-Atlantic because if I was the one who'll call them, I would rip somebody’s head off. It was a $13,000 worth of work so nothing should be wrong.

The inspector came up and told us that there was a problem because water shouldn’t be coming up through there. We told him about the drainage and he told us that we were right and they shouldn’t have had it draining out to the yard. There was no reason they couldn’t have put it in that drain. He told us they will do the repair and find out what the issue was at their expense.

One man came whose name is Adam came to do the work and fixed it. He dug and found the busted pipe in our cellar side but he couldn’t find the other side that goes out to the main sewer line. My husband called me I told him to tell Adam to go at an angle a foot to the right. So he did and sure enough he found the other section where it was just busted right off. When they scooped out the crap that they jackhammered during the initial install, they had to have scooped out the old piping and everything.

The work Adam did was good but I am not thrilled about Mid-Atlantic themselves. I spoke to the main manager in New York and told him there should be some form of compensation to us after spending $13,000 for a dry basement and then to find out it was their men who caused the issue of raw sewerage seeping into my house and out into my back yard and it cost us money. I wouldn’t recommend them.

The Mid-Atlantic sales rep answered questions. When he drew up the plans, our garage door went all the way down to the main floor and it had a hump there. He put a thing to remove the hump but he never put anything on there about replacing the hump. When we called Mid-Atlantic, they sent a guy out and they corrected it. We were happy with what they did and everything turned out all right. The big thing was they guaranteed everything for life.

I was getting moist from my basement so I had Mid-Atlantic do a French drain about 3 months ago. The sales rep came out to the house one time and did the presentation. I had minimal interaction with the installation team but they got the job done and I'm not getting any water now.

I have underground water in my basement, so it's been a problem. I've had other people work on it over the years, but they're no longer around. So I wanted somebody who’s going to be in business for a couple of days. I called Mid-Atlantic and they responded. I spoke with the installer and he explained what he was going to do and he understood what was going on. The team did waterproofing. I had a French drain, but they put in another one and different pumps. They did what the other guys did, but they seemed to know about it and did a better job.

We're having water in the basement and we got the complete drain system from Mid-Atlantic. It took them three days to do the job. The sales rep and installation team were very good and very knowledgeable. The installers were also very professional. We haven't had rain and water in our basement since we've had it done and we're very happy.

A gas line was put out at the back of my house and the water and the lay of the land were detoured. When we got bad rain, I was completely flooded. I never had that much trouble with water before. So, I called Mid-Atlantic and they set up an appointment and came to the house. The sales rep helped me out a lot and understood my situation. I was a mailer for 35 years but the company got sold and moved to Germany so I lost my job. When I got the bill for this, it was $30,000 and I'm only getting a Social Security check. The sales rep helped me finance it the best he could with a lower rate of interest. The installation guys were very good as well. They jackhammered my cellar and put it all away around from my garage to the length of my house in the cellar and very mannerly, they picked up after themselves. I found a place where they could dump the concrete stuff that came out of my foundation and they took them out there.

I’m just having trouble with one corner. I have a water softener and a sewer by where my oil tank was. I had my water softener guy on call because I thought I was going to have to remove it but they said that they could work around it. However, we had rain last week and that’s when the water came back in off that one wall. I still have a leak there, so I have scheduled for them to come up on December 5th and they’re going to see what they have to do to that wall. That was the one wall that they actually didn’t think that they had to do anything to. But every time I get a rain, I get water.

I also had water coming into my garage and they said, “Well, they weren’t supposed to do the garage.” And I said, “Well, then, why did they tear it up. Right? They tore the garage up and I still have water coming in.” And they were up there within a week and they put screens in the floor. So, I don’t have any water coming in my garage now. They did a beautiful job in there have been very good so far. It’s just an inconvenience to have them keep coming back but I would recommend them. They promised me there’d be no water in my cellar.

They also took pictures of before and after and said they would send me a portfolio but I haven’t received it yet. I’m going to take it to the gas company and show them the damage that was done to my cellar because they don’t think that they were responsible for it, but I feel that they were. So, I wanted those pictures to be able to prove my point.

Three months ago we had a heavy rain here and I noticed some water for the first time down in the basement, so I had Mid-Atlantic do the waterproofing. The reps came out to the house and described the process of how it works and how water gets into a basement, especially in older homes because we have an older home. Then, they talked about the process of how they would go about and do the waterproofing. It’s been a good experience except I’ve had to have them come back a couple of times for some remedial work. There was some caulking around the whole inner edge that had some gap into so I had them come back and redo some caulking. Then I noticed some moisture areas after the work had been done, so they’re sending the technician again to take a look at that.

There have been real wet conditions about five years ago in the neighborhood. We had a sewer flood and at the community meeting, they had recommendations. I eventually wanted to put in a sump pump. At the convention, I got to know when and how to do it, so I made arrangements. I've had several companies come by to do some basic, inexpensive stuff. But the basement walls had a lot of water or moisture in them so eventually I just went with Mid-Atlantic. They put in a French drain on the inside and a sump pump three months ago.

A representative of theirs came by, did quotes, and checked the moisture content. He was real nice to deal with and seemed knowledgeable about the product as he gave a very informative presentation and answered my questions adequately. The installation team was self-motivated. I had to help move stuff around to get them started and checked during the day but they were friendly. With the amount of dirt and stuff, it was pretty clean when they left it. It was a big job so it's what I expected.

The work was done during a drought and we've had more rain come in, but I think our walls are drier since Mid-Atlantic did their work. I didn't take any measurements with a humidity gauge or anything like that but the moisture is under control. They didn't do too much for a follow-up. I was supposed to get warranty papers for the sump pump but they said to do it online so that's about it. They have a good working team and I would recommend them.

I had water coming in my basement every time it rains. My son sleeps down in the basement so he made the call to Mid-Atlantic and got it going so he wouldn't get flooded out. Their sales rep knew what he was talking about and was good at selling. We were gonna back off because we hadn't been checking around any other company but went through with it because we needed it done so if ever a flood comes again, I won't have the same problem. They waterproofed the whole basement and took a whole day. My son said the installers were fine during installation. They did a nice job but the price was a little steep. I wasn't expecting to pay that much but I did.

I purchased a home and got a water treatment system for the basement installed by Mid-Atlantic. The sales rep came in my home, gave a sales pitch and I accepted, while the installation team came in and did the work, and it was acceptable.

Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing Company Profile