New England

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.43/5
Based on 1,622 ratings

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing is the premier provider of water management services. Having been in the business for over 50 years, Mid-Atlantic specializes in basement waterproofing, crawl space waterproofing as well as foundation repair for residential and commercial clients. Our awards speak to the high quality of workmanship and customer service we provide.

Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing Reviews

Original review: Dec. 9, 2019

This company is a joke!!! I had a system installed by people that did not speak English and they did not do a good job. When I called I got a very nasty lady on the phone. She told me that it was my problem not hers. I spent $17,000 and water is still coming in my basement. I have asked this nasty lady to have people who speak English to come and fix my problem. She thought she had me on mute and was talking terribly about me and was calling me profanities all while slamming the phone down repeatedly. I also believe she was intoxicated.

She was slurring her words and asking a guy named Brett for help while I was on the phone. He did not sound much better and there was a lot of loudness in the background. This was the week of Thanksgiving so maybe there was a party going on, all I know is she is nasty and should not work with the public. I would NOT recommend this company to anyone. They are all nice and everything during the sales process and getting their money but after the fact not so much!!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

We had Mid-Atlantic do a complete basement system. We were very happy with the results and it did get rid of the water that we had. Now, years later, we have one of their pumps going bad. It will run and sometimes it will not shut off. I contacted Mid-Atlantic to see how much a new pump would be... hold on to your hat... $795 installed!!! Ridiculous!!!

Get expert buying tips about Basement Waterproofing delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2019

Stay away from Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing Systems if you are thinking of hiring a company to solve your basement water problems. I usually do not write a bad review of a business even if I am not completely satisfied. Our house is a new, completely renovated house. It sits on solid bedrock. After we moved in we experienced some water seepage problems in our basement. We settled on Mid Atlantic for their “patented system” that the salesperson said came with a 100% warranty. The project cost was to be $8000. We believe that they misrepresented what they would be able to do to resolve our water issue.

When the work crew showed up, the foreman told us that the system the salesman had proposed and to which we had agreed could not be implemented because of the structure of our house. The foreman suggested in his view a more feasible and appropriate alternative. His suggestion was to dig a trench in the crawlspace along the entire length of the finished part of the basement, install drain pipes and drain the water out of the house with 2 sump pumps.

Shortly after his crew started working the foreman told us that the solid bedrock in the basement could not be chiseled deep enough to make a trench on which a pipe would be put to drain water out of the house. He could try to mitigate the problem with another simpler alternative, but could not give any warranty. He assured us that his work would take care of the water problems most of the time except when there is very heavy rain that might create a trickle. We were offered a new contract at a small cut in the total cost; he was very convincing in his explanation about why the problem could not be totally solved and we agreed to the new contract believing that it was the best that could be done.

To our surprise the job was done in about 4 hours, instead of 2-3 days that the original salesperson had said it would take. The first rain (not very hard at that) came within a couple of days of the completed work and water trickled in and made puddles. We contacted the company; the foreman came back and offered a patch up solution for another $2000. We did not buy it. We ended up hiring a small independent person; he was able to dig deep enough to lay a pipe and did the job right. No water problem since then. It was in our view a complete lie to have said that the trench could not be dug deep enough. Beware of this company!

Original review: Sept. 30, 2019

After a $600,000 dollar waterproofing job done on two church buildings, we still have a water seepage problem in one building. The service department apparently is not well staffed. Phone call messages are not returned. We finally got someone out to look at the problem in Dec 2017 and they put some caulk in a small hole in the basement wall which, sadly, is pretty lame. The hydro-static pressure remains under the slab and we still have water seeping up in the middle of the basement. I requested another service visit in July 2019. It's now the end of Sept. 2019 and I still haven't heard from anyone.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2019

The company responded very promptly to my initial inquiry. When their salesman came, I was quoted a high price and pressured me to contract with them as he said he could give me a good deal, due to openings in their schedule in the winter. They did installed 2 sump pumps (1 in garage, 1 in basement) and a drainage system, although I never had a problem with water in the basement. They gave me such a song & dance how I needed to have all this work done, as I had evidence of spiders and cobwebs, indicating my basement was moist. Who doesn't have cobwebs in an unfinished basement.

Even though we had a very wet Spring, I never heard the sump pumps running and never saw water in either one. However, in June, my garage floor started getting a dark, thick residue on the floor that kept spreading, until it covered my entire garage floor. I had my air quality checked by a mold expert, as I was developing respiratory issues. It was determined the air quality in the garage and basement was very poor. I now need to address all those issues, as something is covering my garage floor, causing mold and other growth and affecting the air quality.

I have a picture of my garage floor that was dry when they did the work, now it's covered with a moist, thick residue. When I notified the company, they stated they would refer my problems to the service department, yet they have failed to respond. I spent thousands of dollars on the company's recommendations, yet the original problem was never corrected. Who knows how much another fix will cost to get the air quality and moist-filled garage corrected?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing?

Original review: July 18, 2019

I had Mid-Atlantic come to my house and give me their sales pitch. Once I heard the price I told them I was not interested. A month or so later they called back saying they can offer a new price. I invited them back and we agreed upon a price. When the workers showed up they were great. They worked hard and took very few breaks. They installed an interior drain system and two sump pumps. The system seems to be working fine. My one concern is the weep holes they installed at the top of my basement block. They call them convection ports and they believe it helps circulate the air.

However, I've noticed a ring of water around them. I showed a contractor buddy of mine and he seems to think that moisture (humidity) from the basement may be entering into these holes. Makes sense. On one wall if I tap on the ports water splashes out. Not sure why Mid-Atlantic thinks it's a good idea to drill holes in exposed basement walls when pretty much all basement waterproofers talk about sealing spots where air can enter.

Original review: April 10, 2019

Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing had a slick presentation at a home remodeling show. They bragged that they had waterproofed the Statue of Liberty with a patented procedure. That sounded impressive so we had them put in a drain system in our basement. Their salesman, Steve **, told us that the contract price would be all that we would pay even if complications arose. Their crew showed up and said our floor tiles might contain asbestos. We had to pay $2,800 to have the tiles removed above the already exorbitant amount of $11,355 for what turned out to be a drainage ditch with a sump pump. When we contacted the company about the extra $2,800, we were told that they would have Steve ** answer to that. We never heard back from them. $14,155 was about $10,000 more than what the work turned out to be worth. Now we know but it is too late for us.

Original review: March 17, 2019

DO NOT use this company!!! Their work is TERRIBLE!!! They refuse to fix their mistakes, don’t honor their contracts and LIE. Contact DCRA (DC Department of Regulatory Affairs @ 202-442-4400) and and DISB (DC Insurance and Banking 202-727-8000) to request they revoke their license to do business in DC. Call DC Housing Authority (202-535-1000) and request they drop this company from vending at the annual DC Housing Fair. Call 7 ON YOUR SIDE and ask them to do a story if you’ve had a Disastrous encounter with this company!!!

I had a system put in horribly in my basement. Water came in through the basement windows and destroyed my renovation after install. They had removed windows for install. Later, also found water coming through my laundry room wall. They had not RE-attached an elbow in the plumbing. A rep came out and said the system had been installed wrong and they would be out to replace it the next month. When I called back she refused saying, “You Could have paid someone to Break IT!" Talked to an exec who reported it to top Brass. Maryland guys ignored her! I’ve had both SEXIST and RACIST experiences with them! They took out the windows to install the system and water came in after my new renovation. Let’s shut them down!

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

In September, we had a salesman come out and give us an estimate on having our basement waterproofed. We agreed on what was to be done and a price. The salesman told us that work would be done by the end of October. In October, they called and set a date for the end of November. Two days before they were supposed to show up, we received a snowstorm. They called and said because of the snow, they were behind a couple of days, that the need to reschedule for the END OF DECEMBER. When I told them that date would not work, they magically pulled out a date a week later. I asked them to give me their word they would be there on that day, which was a Wednesday, the man on the phone said "100%".

Well, they then called back and said they could have a "double team" out there on the following Saturday instead and they could finish by that Monday. I said "Ok, as long as you can guarantee that you will be here. This has been 3 times I had to ask for time off of work already". The man on the phone said once again "100%, we will be there". They called that Friday night and said they could not make it. I called the regional manager on the following Monday and set up a firm date. Finally.

When the crew came, their work order was not what we agreed to. They complained about having to go through a wall, which was known to be there and on the diagram. They could not put the plugs in the wall like the salesman said they could. Once we got everything straightened out, the work was done in two days. A little over 1 month later (it is now January) and I have a couple wet spots in the basement. I now have to go through this all over again because they cannot live up to their promises. Save yourself the frustration and go elsewhere.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

I have mold in my house. The salesperson for Mid-Atlantic assured me that the company would be able to remediate the problem and get rid of it. At NO TIME was I informed of the entire process. I agreed to have this company complete the job. Was I ever snowballed!!! The company arrived and when I told them what I was told, I was informed that this company doesn't deal with mold. I tried contacting the main number but was told the individual was on vacation and would return my call as soon as she returned.

While this company was there, many bottles of my alcohol had taken a walk. When I went to look for a bottle, it was gone. I mentioned this to the supervisor and was asked if I just removed the bottle(S). Over $100.00 worth of alcohol was removed from my house and all I was given was $25.00. When they left, my basement was a mess to say the least. There were (and still are) marks on my wall. I asked the supervisor about this and he told me that they didn't clean it. The floor was also left in shambles. SAVE YOUR MONEY.

Avoid expensive home repairs

Take our two minute quiz to find the right home warranty for you.

Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing specializes in foundation repair and drying out basements. The long-standing company is known for its reliable residential and commercial services.

• Lots of experience: With 50 years in the business, few basement waterproofing companies have as much experience.

• Free home inspections: Customers can get an opinion on their water issues with no obligation.

• Multiple locations: Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing provides service in nine states from Connecticut to Virginia and Washington, D.C.

• Top-notch foundation piering systems: For structural repairs, Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing uses the DynaPier® system, considered among the strongest in the industry.

• Comprehensive services: From mold and mildew prevention to sump pump installation, Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing covers all the bases.

• Best for: Homeowners and businesses who want to prevent or fix water seepage issues.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team