Call now
  • 1 star
Based on 71 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Call now

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing is the premier provider of water management services. Having been in the business for over 50 years, Mid-Atlantic specializes in basement waterproofing, crawl space waterproofing as well as foundation repair for residential and commercial clients. Our awards speak to the high quality of workmanship and customer service we provide.

A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Jan. 9, 2018

1637 Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

Needed a waterproofing system, they failed to send a project foreman as promised. Their website is full of lies and their salespeople are con artists. They rush hired workers in to do a job and then strong arm payment. Overcharge you double what other companies charge. There needs to be a class action suit against them.

UPDATE ON 01/10/2018: They oversold us (they require both husband and wife to sign contract so they can sneak behind the other person's back and do things without spousal approval) and never sent the alleged "project manager" to do a walk around and discuss what actually need to be done. Instead some non-English speaking day laborers came while I was work and started working. In the process they removed a brand new $6,000 system for my wife's asthma, damaged $2,000 worth of flooring and electrical outlet. I returned home on a Saturday night to find the men sitting in my driving smoking-handed me a cell phone where some unknown person demanded payment on the spot. After that the company used strong-arm tactics like threatening to sue to force payment. Will not accept responsibility.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

Our basement was flooded. Mid-Atlantic put in a drain system and a new sump pump. The sales rep was very knowledgeable and very professional. The installation team came on time and did a great job. Since then my basement hasn’t flooded again. It was a good experience and they got the job done.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2017

Back in 2012, the basement was humid so we were looking for somebody to do that. Mid-Atlantic came up when we looked around the internet and they did waterproofing in the basement. Everything was taken care of. Plus, the person who assisted our issue was all right though he was a little animated. I had a good experience with Mid-Atlantic and I’d use them again if I have the need for them.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

I came home one day, then my wife and I were talking about getting the basement taken cared of. She then suggested Mid-Atlantic. It was a matter of getting it done and then Mid-Atlantic came in. We went over the offer and it was more an impulse type vibe for us. We had their waterproofing service. My wife got in touch with them and had their service schedule. The salesman was fine and we ended up going through with the waterproofing. My wife and I went down ahead of time and clean things out of the way for the installation team. It's showing respect in both ways.

It was a simple and clean job. There were a couple of hiccups from a foundation standpoint. Which they were right on working with us and asking us what would they do and what we want to do. This is typically what they do in that situation. There wasn't a dribble of water in the basement since their service which was good as that was the goal. Mid-Atlantic satisfied and met the goal. The one thing though that they said would happen would be the surface cracks from the concrete. I called in a couple years back and had them come in. Since then, a few more had developed. So, I’m letting it settle for a bit more, and then I’ll call the guys back in again.

Overall, the process was well from start to finish. I liked their financing abilities, which helped. As far as improvement, it would be those little white plastic things that they hammered the top, to the foundations and let air escape. Some of them pinned over during hammering, whether it was not directly centered in the hole. That was fine when it comes to functionality. But from an aesthetic standpoint, the ones that are flushed to the surface look much better than the ones that are pinned over like a nail head that pins over to the side. That would be more of a product improvement. When I hit the wrong plastic things, it screwed. Nevertheless, I’d still recommend them to others.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing has always been great. When we purchased our home they did the waterproofing. I didn't know how to check that the sump pump was working properly so I needed their service. The tech came and he showed me step by step. He was very knowledgeable about what he was doing and I was happy when it was completed. I feel secure since he did what he did. No water's going through the basement so I know that the waterproofing is working.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing?

Original review: Dec. 23, 2017

My mother was having recurrent flooding in her basement so I did some research on the internet for waterproofing and found Mid-Atlantic. We decided on getting their services given their reputation and because of the excellent experience we had with their sales rep. He was very knowledgeable and informative, and he knew what he was talking about. Their team was here in July and they dug up all the cement around the perimeter on the floor, put in a trough and had a sump pump in for the water to go out. The men were hard workers and they did a good job. But my mother and my sister were concerned because they did not wear any protective masks over their eyes. It was not good for them because they didn’t open the windows in the basement.

The whole process was hellish because of all the work we had just cleaning and moving everything before and after they were here. We had to prepare the basement for them. But it wasn’t anything that they did. Although they did not cover up everything like they said they were going to so there was quite a bit of cement there when they're done.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

We had done our basement twice. We finished it and everything, but we ended up having to do everything over again because of water coming in. This time, I wanted to be sure by waterproofing my basement before I decided to refinish the basement again. Although Mid-Atlantic was more expensive, I liked how well they backed up what they were going to do and their warranty stuff, too. Also, the sales rep gave a good presentation and spent a lot of time in my house. I wanted it done right and they were going to do it the right way.

They were really good. They set a date up and they gave me a discount if I had at that date. Then I turned around, they had a week earlier. They came back to me and offered it to me a week earlier at a lower price. The only thing I had a problem with was that when they made the lower price getting it completed. I had to call couple times and tell them I wanted it something going to be done because I didn’t get any bills yet. And when I got the bills, it was two months late and they wanted to charge me a late charge. I didn't have to go through all that when I made arrangements with them and they changed the terms of the contract. Other than that, I was happy with them. The installers answered any questions that my son had and they showed him what they were doing.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

Back in '99 Mid-Atlantic put a new drain system in my basement. They installed the sump pumps and the plumbing system. Then I needed a new battery and it cost $1600. Mid-Atlantic is good and reasonable. I'd recommend them.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

I had Mid-Atlantic put a French drain after we got a recommendation to use them from a real estate firm that I was working with. However, when the installer was done, the backup battery sump pump he put in did not work and I had to show him how to fix the problem. We had to reposition it as it was air locked, a function of the type of pump that was used. The pump needed to be tilted at a 30-degree angle to let some of the trapped air out and allow part of the impellers to get water and start the pumping process. It worked fine after we got that done. I'd recommend using Mid-Atlantic and I may use them again for the house I just bought.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2017

We had a great experience with Mid-Atlantic. They did the waterproofing in the basement of our previous house and they did a great job. They were very prompt and the work got done quickly and they cleaned up. They had good references and they had a good loan package which made it easy. I would recommend Mid-Atlantic and tell other people that they’re very capable and responsible.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2017

Mid-Atlantic's sales reps were knowledgeable and helpful, and their installers were professional. They put an internal French drain in and it was clean and effective. They did a good job and since then, there has been no more water coming in. The service was well worth it.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

I had a leaky basement and Mid-Atlantic was a lot cheaper than the other companies I had come in. Their installers all spoke Spanish, but the foreman spoke English to me. They were polite and did their job well. However, they broke my steam cleaners because they piled everything on one side of the room. But I told a bunch of people about Mid-Atlantic. I even told my neighbor next door because she has some leak in the basement. This is Sharpsburg and we're right next to the river. Also, my house is over 100 years old and my bathrooms are in the basement. My basement is cut granite, while most others are concrete blocks. It poses a bit of a problem. Mid-Atlantic answered all my questions and showed me what I needed to know so I was most happy. For somebody who has an older home, Mid-Atlantic would be the perfect thing for them.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

I had a leaky basement and Mid-Atlantic was able to finance it and give me additional money to pay through credit cards. Everything with their customer service was fine. The installation team was quick and did a relatively decent job. Now the basement's dry. The biggest thing is the expensive process. I wouldn’t have it done as much as it was but I needed it done and they were able to help me out and made other efforts.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

We had a leak in our basement. I had three or four estimates, but the guy from Mid-Atlantic seemed to know a little more of what was going on. They tore up the concrete all the way around the perimeter of the house and on the inside, except one. We had three ends done and we have two sump pumps in there. I like the type of setup that they put, which was the hose and its cover since it did the job, but they could have done better. The installation team was a lot dustier than what they probably would have to be. When they poured the concrete, it wasn't the best. But Mid-Atlantic sent out a guy who came to fix it up and he did a great job.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

Five years ago, I had some seepage. It was nothing really major, but it was enough to be an annoyance. And with the storms that are getting stronger and stronger, they're just one of the things that I could get taken care of. So, someone from Mid-Atlantic came over and did as what a salesman does. And then, when the installation team came over, I spoke with the project manager about some issues I was having.

I had a concern, which, once they started, I couldn't spot because they had undercut all the joist that I had in there and I had to redo the whole basement because of that. I thought they would be doing a workaround, like taking out the drywall instead of taking out everything. It was not clearly represented to me before they got started and it made that job a lot more costly than I expected. Everything got better, though. During the last major hurricane, there was a little bit of dampness but that dissipated very quickly. So far, my experience with them was fine. I’m utilizing the basement more so it’s a good thing.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

Mid-Atlantic serviced for us a year ago when we had some leakage. The installation team came and told me what they had to do before they did it. They were clean, motivated and time-conscious. They did the waterproofing and everything is fine now.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

When my mother passed away, my sisters and I had to do some fixing in her townhouse in order to put it on the market because it had serious water issues in the basement. We had a couple of people come and took a look at it and we felt the most comfortable with Mid-Atlantic. They gave us a good quote which wasn’t the cheapest but it appeared to have a quality behind it. Also, with the strong recommendation that we had from our friend, who had been very pleased with the work that they had done, we decided to hire them to do the job.

The house was sold and the warranty, which seemed strong, was passed onto the couple that bought it. However, we had an additional problem but it had nothing to do with the work that they did. It was an additional leak that was found in the foundation wall and Mid-Atlantic came back and fixed that for us and they did not charge us for it. They were very prompt and they said that they recognize the problem. They said that it’s something that would have been taken care of had they known about it. They were very professional and they did a great job. They met our expectations and we were pleased with all the communications that we had with the reps. The work was done on time and done extremely well.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

We had a water leakage in the front of our house into our basement and Mid-Atlantic put a drain in front of the basement and a sump pump. Since then, we never had any problem. They did a great job and I would recommend them to anybody.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

When the basement flooded one too many times, I looked into it and found Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing. A gentleman came out, did a quote and I went along and signed up. He described the process and the benefits of the waterproofing and having a backup sump pump. He set up the appointment for them to come out and do the work. It was an all-inclusive meeting.

Mid-Atlantic offered to do the French drain, the waterproofing and sump pump installation. They had a reasonable financing program. They also offered to install a backup sump pump. The installers came and did their work and kept the house clean. The waterproofing they did made a major difference and I haven't had a problem since. The only problem I had was the price. It was really expensive. Plus, after I had the time to check out other companies, I found that I could have found another company that was a little bit more cost effective. However, it's worth it if I don't have to worry about the basement flooding again. I'm satisfied.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

During the hurricane several years ago, the basement was flooded. So, we called Mid-Atlantic and they came out and installed waterproofing after we had it all cleaned up. The sales reps seemed very knowledgeable and the installers were very good as well. Everything seems to be working fine. When we have a lot of rain, it pumps the water out. However, it's making a sound as though something’s running all the time. But Mid-Atlantic's good overall and they were cooperative. We would recommend them.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

Mid-Atlantic was the quickest to come out and respond among the other waterproofing companies, so I used them to do work in a home that I renovated in Fort Washington. A young guy who came out and moved fairly quickly. They installed a vapor barrier in a crawlspace and their services were expensive, but they were competent and completed the job in a timely manner. Mid-Atlantic is a solid company.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

When my house was built, I had a drain put under it. Then I had some issues with my sump pump and excess water circulating around the house. So I reached out to Mid-Atlantic. I went with them based on some reviews as well as the type of system they're assisting on. Their sales representative was very pleasant, very accommodating and engaged. I got a new drainage system placed in and they replaced all the pipes underneath my basement before putting in the new sump pump. Since then, the water is being pumped out pretty efficiently.

My one concern is that since the system was put in, I noticed that there appears to have been a shift in my foundation. I can tell by some of the things I’m seeing inside the house where it shifted to the left a little bit, which is where most of the water was circulating and pooling. So, I have to figure out what I need to do about that. It's just a minor thing though. Then there's one battery that the alarm continues to sound off. My husband has already addressed that with Mid-Atlantic and they’re ordering a new battery. Other than that, the system is working fine and overall, I had a positive experience with Mid-Atlantic. Although they were a bit pricey and I spent more than I expected, I agreed to it and their customer service was good. I would recommend them.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

We had a basement that needed to be refigured in the way that it was prior. Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing was the first one we approached and we had a very good experience with them. I liked the way that they had done things and how they were presented. The salespeople were very courteous and that’s all it took for us to decide. I found what I wanted and the presentation was what I needed for that time.

They redid everything from all the way of the inside of the walls eight years ago. We ripped out everything and started from a foundation. They did the whole basement, redid the gutters, put in all those things that take out the ground evaporation for moisture and then put the sump pumps at either end of the house. Everything is the way it should have been and the installers were very good. We had a main contractor do everything for the whole house before we moved in and even he said that he was very impressed. The work was exquisite so we’re very happy as a client. We would recommend Mid-Atlantic.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

Mid-Atlantic did a good waterproofing job in my basement a few years ago and it’s been dry since then. I had water in the basement and Mid-Atlantic was a little cheaper than the other two companies I had quotes from. Their guys were all nice, polite and knowledgeable too. They told me what they were going to do and how long I had to keep stuff off the top just to make sure it would dry. They put things away after they were done and cleaned up as well. Since we’ve had their services, I haven't had any water problems since and my cat likes it down there now.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

Every time we had a heavy rain, our basement would flood. At that time, Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing had been in business much longer than a lot of other places. We also looked at the comments that were posted online and we were pleased with what we saw. They were very professional when they came and evaluated the place. They let us know what was needed, what was happening and why it was happening so we decided to go with them. They explained to us what they were going to do and since I was here the whole time, they kept me in the loop. They had to jackhammer in the flooring and all the way around the perimeter of the house. They also had to bring in all the gravel and do a French drain. The job was done in a timely manner and was completed in three days. Their solution met our needs and since they did that work over 10 years ago, we had not had a flood from heavy rain.

But we had peeling on the walls down in the basement a year ago. We took the peeling down, put up some other stuff, and there was one wall that was damp. I called Mid-Atlantic and they came out the very next day, took care of the problem, and we haven’t had any issues. They also installed two sub pumps which still work until now. When it rains, we can hear the pumps cut on and push the water out away from the house. If I would ever have problems with water in the basement, I would call them again with no hesitation. They did an outstanding job and I’ve referred a couple of people to them as well.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

Water was in the basement of the row house I had in Washington, DC about 6 years ago and I called two companies to give me an estimate. I chose Mid-Atlantic because I heard their name before in relation to waterproofing. They waterproofed the whole basement and I didn't have to wait a long time for them to get it done. They were efficient and the job seemed to hold. They also found a little snake that was about eight inches long outside the door basement, and they told me they're going to add it to the price. They were very nice and it was a very good relationship.

Mid-Atlantic did the job at my house in Maryland, too. I was going to waterproof all four sides of the whole basement, but they told me that the whole back side of the house would not need to be waterproofed and that we wouldn't have any trouble with that, so I didn't tell them to waterproof it. The house is on a little slope with the front part up a little and the back part downhill a little bit. But now, I'm having trouble with water coming in the basement door and that side of the wall is damp. And so I've got to have the basement and the whole room done. Still, Mid-Atlantic is a reliable company, the rep was very good, and their work is satisfactory. While I'm not completely satisfied with the suggestion not to do the whole thing, I would recommend them to a friend.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

We've been in this house for 50 years and we never had water in our basement. However, at this particular time we had a little water in our basement twice. It was not much but enough to make us aware that there was a problem. We called Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing and they came and we had it done. They were all very good and very confident. They were also all hard-working and they did a good job. We never had water again and we were very pleased. I would recommend them.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

The county allowed houses to be built without adhering to code and the law. The water table was raised and water was coming up to my basement floor. I had to have three pumps installed with back-up, and it cost me $30,000 to have everything waterproofed. Mid-Atlantic did well. Their installation team had to dig up my basement and it was a mess, but as well as they could. I also had to have Mid-Atlantic replace the pumps. I'd recommend them. Waterproofing is expensive, and you might as well hire people who know what the devil they’re doing. In fact, I have recommended them to friends looking for people to do their waterproofing. One of my friends who did not go with them still has a wet basement.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

We had a leaky basement, and my husband used to go down there with a Shop-vac. It can suck up so much and he would cart it upstairs. But after my husband passed away, I was doing it and it was too heavy, so I can’t do it. I had to climb six stairs to go and dump it. So, I got Mid-Atlantic three years ago and they were here one day. We had to move everything into the middle of the room so they can work on the French drain. They had to dig all around the foundation on the inside, and they cleaned up after themselves. I had problem with a pump, so I called them up. They sent a guy and it was fixed. Mid-Atlantic was a Godsend, and I thank them every time it rains.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017
I had water in the basement and I ordered water removal system from Mid-Atlantic to pump the water out. The rep who I spoke with answered my questions and wasn't pushy. The guys who came over were also very nice. After the service, the basement is not getting flooded anymore and the pump system has done its job.

But the two guys that installed the pump system hardly explained anything before they left. It was 11 o'clock at night and they really wanted to get finished and get going.

So when the water was coming in the floor and looked like it was going to overtake the pump, I got worried and called them up about that. The lady at the office referred me to the installer who then told me not to worry because we have two pumps down there and that would not happen with the way they were set up. It was one of those deals where there was a misunderstanding or lack of information and it would have been better if they explained things at the beginning a little more after the pump was installed.

Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing Company Information

1965
www.basements.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use