Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing

New England

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

The builders were putting an addition on our house. They took down the gutters and we got the torrential rains starting out wiped out Ellicott City but in such curbed backs, dirt, dungeons, furnace room actually filled up with water and overflowed into our basement. We’d been thinking about putting something in there to improve as it was always a little bit damp. I've seen Mid-Atlantic systems in many houses as I'm in real estate and so we purchased waterproofing and putting down the plastic sheeting in the dirt area of our basement from them, so the bio micro spray and two sump pumps in the system go around the French drain type system.

The sales representative came to our house and demonstrated what he would do. He explained the process but we already knew what it entailed. The installation team was very timely and the head guy was very polite. One of the things that we wanted to be done hadn’t been done so he came out on a weekend on his own time and took care of it. He did an excellent job and was very nice.

The people who owned this house before us had 50 cats and they let the cats pee everywhere. The small was super hard to get rid of in this part because it was dirt on stone and the only other option was to excavate. We had treated it many times and it we couldn’t get rid of the odor so with the spraying of vents and with the ports for air circulation and with the plastic cover has made it really smelled 1000% better now. Knowing that our basement is going to stay dry has also made it smell a lot better. Staying perfectly dry and the turfing of the dirt dungeon have made it a lot cleaner.

We knew that it’s an expensive service but the basement's a useable space now so we’re pretty satisfied. We probably did not need two sump pumps but because it was a freak of nature storm that got us while our gutters were down, at the same time, we like the transferability of the warranty that comes with it and it’s turned out to be a really good system. We shopped around and we like what Mid-Atlantic had versus the other companies. I have recommended them many times in the past, even before we got our system, so I recommend them to my clients whenever they need them as well. It's effective and well-done. They did very satisfactory work.

My basement kept flooding and the water was coming in from the basement so I needed Mid-Atlantic's services. The rep was very nice and he didn’t try to pressure us. He laid everything out for us and he was very well-informed. He was also very nice and kind. Now there is no more water leaking in my basement and everything is working extremely well thanks to them.

Our experience with Mid-Atlantic went very smoothly, and we haven't had any overflow water since they did the installation. Water piles up in the alley about 20 feet away, but happy to say it doesn’t come in.

Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing did a good work and they were in and out at the time that they said they would be. We used them for the drainage on the inside of the basement and I was pleased with them. I would recommend them to somebody else. Even the inspector that inspected the work done afterwards has never had any problem with Mid-Atlantic and he’s inspected quite a few other jobs.

There's nothing but good things to say about Mid-Atlantic. I purchased the basement French drain and sump pumps from them and the sales rep and installation team were nice and friendly. The level pump on one of the pumps went bad and they were out the next day and replaced it with no problem.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing?

We’ve had a water condition in our basement for a while so we got the waterproofing system from Mid-Atlantic. The installers were here for four days and anytime they had an issue, they came right up and asked. We were there the whole time while they were installing and our interaction with them was good. We’ve been in a dry period since the installation of the system and neither one of the pumps has discharged yet. But when the installers left, the system was tested so I'm assuming it's going to do what it's supposed to do and get rid of the moisture in the basement.

From beginning to end, my experience with Mid-Atlantic was seamless and they backed up every promise that they made. I've recommended them to someone who is having his house done right now. I know of their work through other people that have used them before and chose them for that as well as their warranty.

We had water penetrating the block on the front side of the house, and my wife came up with Mid-Atlantic. The Mid-Atlantic sales rep called, made an appointment, and explained what they would do, which they exactly did. They removed concrete from two feet in from our walls and there was some waterproofing material laid down and then stone and then re-concreted. It was efficiently done and two sump pumps were added. It seems to have taken care of the problem.

The Mid-Atlantic installation team was very efficient. They were very busy all day long up until late in the night. They came back the next morning and worked again until late in the night and then completed their work and cleaned up the basement. They worked very hard and were diligent in keeping the place clean. The only thing is that they punched holes in the top of the block and weep holes at the bottom. They installed the vents in the top of the block where they punched holes and I’m missing one of those vents. I talked to one of their representatives and mentioned it, but I’ve never gotten one back. Other than that, they were very good. They did what they said they were going to do and I was happy with the experience.

I talked to Mid-Atlantic as I had to get water out of my basement. They dug up the basement and put a sump pump in, but I don't think I really needed that because it came through the two walls. On the other hand, I was pleased with everybody. They were very knowledgeable, helpful, and polite. It was a great experience, overall.

There was flooding in my basement area of my home and Mid-Atlantic was open and willing to work with me from a financial standpoint and gave me an opportunity to plan financially. Their sales rep was knowledgeable and informative and we had good interactions with the installation team. The basement area hasn't received any flooding since we had the waterproofing done three months ago, though there hasn't been a major rain yet.

Mid-Atlantic was at the Maryland County fair and I had a smelly basement so I needed their services. The sales reps were very professional and friendly. I got my basement waterproofed about two months ago and the installation team was great. My only complaint is that they moved my washer dryer and did not put it back. They left it for me to move which is a huge inconvenience because it's just me versus a crew of five who moved it. Nevertheless, they were very professional and did a courteous service, and the damp, musty smell is gone.

I had a couple of areas where water was coming in to my basement. Mid-Atlantic was giving free estimates. They sent a representative who didn’t explain everything that we were okay with, but they sent another guy out and he was more professional. He did some background as for his plan to explain what was going on, why the water was coming in to the basement, and it made sense because that's exactly what was happening.

We got the fence drain and they added the extra sump pump and also did checking for mold. It was expensive and they did a lot of damage to the basement itself, particularly the floor and walls. I was under the impression about the floor that they had to dig up the concrete to get down to put in the French drain. I had to have someone come out to repair everything back. I'm still trying to get things straight. I had to get my vents, duct work, and carpet cleaned.

I haven’t seen any water coming in so far since the service. The only problem that I had was when I called back to the office and talked to a lady about some water coming in from the bathroom area. When we cut the water on the shower, the water came over to the next room which is where the furnace is. Their digging in the area of the bathroom loosened up the seal around the shower enclosure and that's maybe what caused the water to come to the next room. We didn’t have the problem before. The lady said that she was going to check with her boss or the other manager, but no one got back with me. It was like they weren’t concerned. If they’re doing work for me and it looked like I have a problem, the customer should come first. They should call me back or even come out and look at what I was talking about instead of ignoring my complaint. They did a good job, but I didn't appreciate the follow-up customer service.

We had a damp basement, and we had Mid-Atlantic waterproof it since they seemed to have a clear idea of how to fix the problem and it seemed like they were more knowledgeable. I was pleased with their salesperson. He wasn't pushy. It wasn’t like, “We have to do this,” or, “This is the best way to do this.” It was, “This is how we could fix this and this is the guarantee that goes with it.”

They explained the process, and they said that it was going to be loud and messy, but had they said they needed to get something stronger, I would've gladly put down things that I had down on my carpet. I knew it was going to be messy but not as messy as it was. I would've done a lot more prep work before they even showed up. They know their business but the plastic that they brought with them was not very good. It was some thin plastic that didn’t do anything, and by midday, it was all torn up. That was a bit of a disappointment. My carpets were nearly ruined. In fact, I'm probably going to replace them in the spring. Also, they told me they were going to wrap everything in the basement, and we moved it all to the middle so it would make it easier for them to do it. The plastic that they used was all torn up by midday, so everything got dirty. We had to wash every single thing that was in our basement when they got through.

Moreover, they forgot the battery backup for the sump pump. We had a rare power outage here and the battery did not kick in, so I called them and they came right out. There was something missing in the battery itself, which they fixed, but had that been a real long term emergency, we probably would've had a mess. But as far as the crew was concerned, they were very good. I had a double crew. So instead of three men, I had six, and they got in and out quickly. They said it would be about three days, and they did it in one long day.

After the work has been done, there is a vast improvement in my home. There is no more musty odor, and it is definitely cleaner. We painted the walls a couple of times to make sure we covered everything up. And then we painted the floor, which we've never been able to do before because it would just peel from the dampness. Mid-Atlantic was efficient and did the job as promised. The whole process was pleasant. And so far, it's really made a big improvement. So I'm glad I did it.

We had water in our basement that needed to be sealed out. We did a lot of research and met someone from another company whom we weren't particularly impressed with, so we decided to go with a friend's referral, which was for Mid-Atlantic. Mid-Atlantic did a much better job even though it was a little more expensive. And I like their sales representative. He was very calm and kind, and he remembered the people that referred him to us. He took the time to explain things, but he didn’t seem very pushy. He answered our questions and explained the products. It was overall a good experience.

So we got a French drain put in and the Mid-Atlantic installation crew that came was great. They were organized especially the foreman. They did a really good job. They got it done a lot faster than we thought they would. The foreman took the time to show us everything when it was all done. They cleaned up everything and they were very nice. After their service, our home smelled better right off the bat, which was awesome! And then, we've had rain for a few days and I haven't seen any water. The only thing is that it was a bit more expensive than we were expecting, but they still gave us a very good price. I was very satisfied and I think they did a great job.

We live at the bottom of a hill and always had a wet basement. The man from Mid-Atlantic who we talked to was promising as far as what he said they could do but we almost dropped over with a heart attack when he told us the price. They were not financing so if we'll get it done, we would have to pay for it. We were also putting a porch on our house and vinyl railings so we thought of doing the basement while everything else is getting done. We got their system to dry the basement so they installed a sump pump, dug a trench, and put a drain pipe in.

There was a group of three who came to install the system but they busted a three foot section of our main sewer line that goes out of our house, and never said anything and never repaired it. Once they got all done, we noticed our toilet was backing up. When we called a plumber with a snake thinking maybe the pipe’s blocked, the snake was hitting concrete on the other side of the wall. When we had the maintenance service through the water company, they did the same thing and got stopped at the same length of snake. Then the city man came up and snaked it but got stuck at the same spot. He noticed the white pipe that the Mid-Atlantic guys left and wondered why didn’t they put it into the drain that’s in our house.

We complained about the drain the day that the Mid-Atlantic guys did the work because in the old homes, there was always a drain pipe. They claimed they couldn’t run the drain from the sump pump into that drain pipe. I asked why and they told me they couldn't do it because it's against the law. The sump pump was not even a foot from the drain pipe. They ended up going out the side from the sump pump, drilled through my foundation wall, and put the drain pipe which is a PVC piping, six feet out into my backyard and it was just the pipe laying there. I told them not to leave it like that. If they were not going to put the pipe into that drain, they should run it either alongside the fence line so it goes out into the street. They told me it will flood the sidewalk and cause ice so they can’t do that, too.

When my husband checked, we found out that there’s water in the basement because it was bubbling right up where Mid-Atlantic put the interlocking system. I went down a couple of steps of the cellar way and looked, and sure enough there was a puddle of water. Water from the sewerage drain was going down in the sump pump because they broke the pipe and we were getting the aroma of raw sewerage. I told me husband to call Mid-Atlantic because if I was the one who'll call them, I would rip somebody’s head off. It was a $13,000 worth of work so nothing should be wrong.

The inspector came up and told us that there was a problem because water shouldn’t be coming up through there. We told him about the drainage and he told us that we were right and they shouldn’t have had it draining out to the yard. There was no reason they couldn’t have put it in that drain. He told us they will do the repair and find out what the issue was at their expense.

One man came whose name is Adam came to do the work and fixed it. He dug and found the busted pipe in our cellar side but he couldn’t find the other side that goes out to the main sewer line. My husband called me I told him to tell Adam to go at an angle a foot to the right. So he did and sure enough he found the other section where it was just busted right off. When they scooped out the crap that they jackhammered during the initial install, they had to have scooped out the old piping and everything.

The work Adam did was good but I am not thrilled about Mid-Atlantic themselves. I spoke to the main manager in New York and told him there should be some form of compensation to us after spending $13,000 for a dry basement and then to find out it was their men who caused the issue of raw sewerage seeping into my house and out into my back yard and it cost us money. I wouldn’t recommend them.

The Mid-Atlantic sales rep answered questions. When he drew up the plans, our garage door went all the way down to the main floor and it had a hump there. He put a thing to remove the hump but he never put anything on there about replacing the hump. When we called Mid-Atlantic, they sent a guy out and they corrected it. We were happy with what they did and everything turned out all right. The big thing was they guaranteed everything for life.

I was getting moist from my basement so I had Mid-Atlantic do a French drain about 3 months ago. The sales rep came out to the house one time and did the presentation. I had minimal interaction with the installation team but they got the job done and I'm not getting any water now.

I have underground water in my basement, so it's been a problem. I've had other people work on it over the years, but they're no longer around. So I wanted somebody who’s going to be in business for a couple of days. I called Mid-Atlantic and they responded. I spoke with the installer and he explained what he was going to do and he understood what was going on. The team did waterproofing. I had a French drain, but they put in another one and different pumps. They did what the other guys did, but they seemed to know about it and did a better job.

We're having water in the basement and we got the complete drain system from Mid-Atlantic. It took them three days to do the job. The sales rep and installation team were very good and very knowledgeable. The installers were also very professional. We haven't had rain and water in our basement since we've had it done and we're very happy.

A gas line was put out at the back of my house and the water and the lay of the land were detoured. When we got bad rain, I was completely flooded. I never had that much trouble with water before. So, I called Mid-Atlantic and they set up an appointment and came to the house. The sales rep helped me out a lot and understood my situation. I was a mailer for 35 years but the company got sold and moved to Germany so I lost my job. When I got the bill for this, it was $30,000 and I'm only getting a Social Security check. The sales rep helped me finance it the best he could with a lower rate of interest. The installation guys were very good as well. They jackhammered my cellar and put it all away around from my garage to the length of my house in the cellar and very mannerly, they picked up after themselves. I found a place where they could dump the concrete stuff that came out of my foundation and they took them out there.

I’m just having trouble with one corner. I have a water softener and a sewer by where my oil tank was. I had my water softener guy on call because I thought I was going to have to remove it but they said that they could work around it. However, we had rain last week and that’s when the water came back in off that one wall. I still have a leak there, so I have scheduled for them to come up on December 5th and they’re going to see what they have to do to that wall. That was the one wall that they actually didn’t think that they had to do anything to. But every time I get a rain, I get water.

I also had water coming into my garage and they said, “Well, they weren’t supposed to do the garage.” And I said, “Well, then, why did they tear it up. Right? They tore the garage up and I still have water coming in.” And they were up there within a week and they put screens in the floor. So, I don’t have any water coming in my garage now. They did a beautiful job in there have been very good so far. It’s just an inconvenience to have them keep coming back but I would recommend them. They promised me there’d be no water in my cellar.

They also took pictures of before and after and said they would send me a portfolio but I haven’t received it yet. I’m going to take it to the gas company and show them the damage that was done to my cellar because they don’t think that they were responsible for it, but I feel that they were. So, I wanted those pictures to be able to prove my point.

Three months ago we had a heavy rain here and I noticed some water for the first time down in the basement, so I had Mid-Atlantic do the waterproofing. The reps came out to the house and described the process of how it works and how water gets into a basement, especially in older homes because we have an older home. Then, they talked about the process of how they would go about and do the waterproofing. It’s been a good experience except I’ve had to have them come back a couple of times for some remedial work. There was some caulking around the whole inner edge that had some gap into so I had them come back and redo some caulking. Then I noticed some moisture areas after the work had been done, so they’re sending the technician again to take a look at that.

There have been real wet conditions about five years ago in the neighborhood. We had a sewer flood and at the community meeting, they had recommendations. I eventually wanted to put in a sump pump. At the convention, I got to know when and how to do it, so I made arrangements. I've had several companies come by to do some basic, inexpensive stuff. But the basement walls had a lot of water or moisture in them so eventually I just went with Mid-Atlantic. They put in a French drain on the inside and a sump pump three months ago.

A representative of theirs came by, did quotes, and checked the moisture content. He was real nice to deal with and seemed knowledgeable about the product as he gave a very informative presentation and answered my questions adequately. The installation team was self-motivated. I had to help move stuff around to get them started and checked during the day but they were friendly. With the amount of dirt and stuff, it was pretty clean when they left it. It was a big job so it's what I expected.

The work was done during a drought and we've had more rain come in, but I think our walls are drier since Mid-Atlantic did their work. I didn't take any measurements with a humidity gauge or anything like that but the moisture is under control. They didn't do too much for a follow-up. I was supposed to get warranty papers for the sump pump but they said to do it online so that's about it. They have a good working team and I would recommend them.

I had water coming in my basement every time it rains. My son sleeps down in the basement so he made the call to Mid-Atlantic and got it going so he wouldn't get flooded out. Their sales rep knew what he was talking about and was good at selling. We were gonna back off because we hadn't been checking around any other company but went through with it because we needed it done so if ever a flood comes again, I won't have the same problem. They waterproofed the whole basement and took a whole day. My son said the installers were fine during installation. They did a nice job but the price was a little steep. I wasn't expecting to pay that much but I did.

I purchased a home and got a water treatment system for the basement installed by Mid-Atlantic. The sales rep came in my home, gave a sales pitch and I accepted, while the installation team came in and did the work, and it was acceptable.

I went to a fair and Mid-Atlantic was there. I talked to them at the fair and I didn’t need their services actually but they asked if I'd let them come out and look and see what's going on and I said, "Okay." Then when they came out, I saw that the crawl space was wet and they looked around and told me that it really needed waterproofing job done. It's the first I've ever seen my crawl space wet, but now I'm having another problem, so I didn’t even think it was from the crawl space. It was from something different. I have a tree outside with its roots coming up, my concrete is coming up and I'm still having water coming in my back door so I think that was the whole problem.

My interactions with their team was all good. They did what they had to do but I doubt that that’s really what needed to be done. They talked me into it and I know I have to take care of my home but I'm still having a problem. Then the bill was $184 and there was only $50 going to the principal. The rest was the tax or whatever they charge me to have the loan. I was really disappointed when I saw that and I called and they wouldn’t help me out with anything. So I actually took another loan to pay that one off, but it's okay. Whatever I had to do. Because I wasn’t paying over $100 a month for nothing. I was a little dissatisfied.

I had two different water proofers out to check the flooding in my basement. I kicked the first company off the job because they were not doing it the way they advertised it. I told the foreman, “Can you make sure at every phase I get to see what it looks like?” Unfortunately, he kept saying he forgot. I did not get to see what I wanted to see, and I was sick of dealing with it that I let that company go. I felt that they were not putting it in correctly, and they were putting the pipe on top of the foundation. They shouldn't do that because then the water doesn’t go away. If I wouldn’t have gone down and researched what they were supposed to do, I would’ve had a system that was not done properly.

On the other hand, Mid-Atlantic was wonderful. My goal was to protect my foundation and I thought they could do a better job with it. I just have some issues with them which I'd like to share. First, I was not happy with the salesperson because he should have known that the pump was too large to go in the existing hole so I could have figured something out. They had to put the pump in a different location. They closed up one hole and now I have another one but it's not at a good point. Second, they weren't conscientious of the dirt and debris that their work caused unlike the first company that I had. They could have put up plastic to try to keep the dirt from going into the rest of the house. I just assumed that since one company did it that Mid-Atlantic would also do it for me.

I also thought they will hook up my washer and dryer back but as they were leaving, one of their guys told me that it wasn't their responsibility. My previous company used concrete that dried within a few hours so they were able to put my washer and dryer back. But Mid-Atlantic's guy told me that I can't put anything in my basement for two to three days, and I could call their office to see if they could send somebody out to hook up my washer and dryer. I called them twice, but they never called back and I was not happy with that. My son came and hooked it up after a week and a half. Finally, it took Mid-Atlantic a long time to call me to check if everything was alright. They should get in touch with people within a shorter period of time so that if the person has any issues they can be addressed.

Other than that, they were polite and seemed to know what they were doing. I would use them again and I would recommend them. They are better than the first company and I have more confidence in them.

We had a couple of cracks in the house, one of it was really bad, so we needed somebody to come out and fix it. Mid-Atlantic gave us the best price for the best work. We wound up having all of our cracks fixed then we had them do a French drain on the inside. The sales reps and installers were all great. When we had a question, they were really happy to answer it. It was totally cool for us and I appreciate them coming out. My husband and I have recommended them to several people.

We had water coming into our basement so we contacted Mid-Atlantic to solve the problem and they did a good job.

I wanted to do some waterproofing of our basement since we had mold on our walls and wet floors. I saw Mid-Atlantic at the regional market and they came over to give their free estimate. I also found out about the process. They had to put in a trench, pipes, and a sump pump. Then they finished up the masonry after they put the pipes in. They did all that work in a day. I wasn't home most of the time, but I got home when they were finishing up. Their people were nice, friendly, efficient, and hardworking according to my husband. He said it was really loud though and left a lot of dust which they still haven't gotten all cleaned up.

Our basement doesn't smell as bad or as damp as it was before. I haven't heard the sump pump go on though even though we get quite a bit of rain here and I don't really know how to test it. Nevertheless, I think the follow up has been great and I feel comfortable that I can call them at any time. We're very happy with it and my niece who also used them is also very happy. But she too wasn't thrilled with the clean up afterwards.

There was a mold in my basement and Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing helped me install a sump pump and French drains there about two months ago. It was very good with the sales rep. The installation team came to put in the sump pump and drains and cleaned the place afterwards. There was a puddling that was occurring before with heavy rains and that hasn't happened since they did their work. We've had just one heavy rainstorm since then and the basement has remained dry. There was one issue with the steps, though, that they had to come back and fix, and they did that pretty promptly as well.

There was a long-standing water in the basement, and I contacted Mid-Atlantic due to their guarantee and national level of work. The work was superior, however, I felt that the sizing of trenches and the amount of stone fill were deficient. One of the procedures, as presented by the salesman, was a determining factor. He did a very good job of explaining what happens with the water inflow and such, but he indicated far different procedures than what actually was done at the premise.

Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing Company Profile