Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing

New England

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

The builders were putting an addition on our house. They took down the gutters and we got the torrential rains starting out wiped out Ellicott City but in such curbed backs, dirt, dungeons, furnace room actually filled up with water and overflowed into our basement. We’d been thinking about putting something in there to improve as it was always a little bit damp. I've seen Mid-Atlantic systems in many houses as I'm in real estate and so we purchased waterproofing and putting down the plastic sheeting in the dirt area of our basement from them, so the bio micro spray and two sump pumps in the system go around the French drain type system.

The sales representative came to our house and demonstrated what he would do. He explained the process but we already knew what it entailed. The installation team was very timely and the head guy was very polite. One of the things that we wanted to be done hadn’t been done so he came out on a weekend on his own time and took care of it. He did an excellent job and was very nice.

The people who owned this house before us had 50 cats and they let the cats pee everywhere. The small was super hard to get rid of in this part because it was dirt on stone and the only other option was to excavate. We had treated it many times and it we couldn’t get rid of the odor so with the spraying of vents and with the ports for air circulation and with the plastic cover has made it really smelled 1000% better now. Knowing that our basement is going to stay dry has also made it smell a lot better. Staying perfectly dry and the turfing of the dirt dungeon have made it a lot cleaner.

We knew that it’s an expensive service but the basement's a useable space now so we’re pretty satisfied. We probably did not need two sump pumps but because it was a freak of nature storm that got us while our gutters were down, at the same time, we like the transferability of the warranty that comes with it and it’s turned out to be a really good system. We shopped around and we like what Mid-Atlantic had versus the other companies. I have recommended them many times in the past, even before we got our system, so I recommend them to my clients whenever they need them as well. It's effective and well-done. They did very satisfactory work.

My basement kept flooding and the water was coming in from the basement so I needed Mid-Atlantic's services. The rep was very nice and he didn’t try to pressure us. He laid everything out for us and he was very well-informed. He was also very nice and kind. Now there is no more water leaking in my basement and everything is working extremely well thanks to them.

Our experience with Mid-Atlantic went very smoothly, and we haven't had any overflow water since they did the installation. Water piles up in the alley about 20 feet away, but happy to say it doesn’t come in.

Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing did a good work and they were in and out at the time that they said they would be. We used them for the drainage on the inside of the basement and I was pleased with them. I would recommend them to somebody else. Even the inspector that inspected the work done afterwards has never had any problem with Mid-Atlantic and he’s inspected quite a few other jobs.

There's nothing but good things to say about Mid-Atlantic. I purchased the basement French drain and sump pumps from them and the sales rep and installation team were nice and friendly. The level pump on one of the pumps went bad and they were out the next day and replaced it with no problem.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing?

A gas line was put out at the back of my house and the water and the lay of the land were detoured. When we got bad rain, I was completely flooded. I never had that much trouble with water before. So, I called Mid-Atlantic and they set up an appointment and came to the house. The sales rep helped me out a lot and understood my situation. I was a mailer for 35 years but the company got sold and moved to Germany so I lost my job. When I got the bill for this, it was $30,000 and I'm only getting a Social Security check. The sales rep helped me finance it the best he could with a lower rate of interest. The installation guys were very good as well. They jackhammered my cellar and put it all away around from my garage to the length of my house in the cellar and very mannerly, they picked up after themselves. I found a place where they could dump the concrete stuff that came out of my foundation and they took them out there.

I’m just having trouble with one corner. I have a water softener and a sewer by where my oil tank was. I had my water softener guy on call because I thought I was going to have to remove it but they said that they could work around it. However, we had rain last week and that’s when the water came back in off that one wall. I still have a leak there, so I have scheduled for them to come up on December 5th and they’re going to see what they have to do to that wall. That was the one wall that they actually didn’t think that they had to do anything to. But every time I get a rain, I get water.

I also had water coming into my garage and they said, “Well, they weren’t supposed to do the garage.” And I said, “Well, then, why did they tear it up. Right? They tore the garage up and I still have water coming in.” And they were up there within a week and they put screens in the floor. So, I don’t have any water coming in my garage now. They did a beautiful job in there have been very good so far. It’s just an inconvenience to have them keep coming back but I would recommend them. They promised me there’d be no water in my cellar.

They also took pictures of before and after and said they would send me a portfolio but I haven’t received it yet. I’m going to take it to the gas company and show them the damage that was done to my cellar because they don’t think that they were responsible for it, but I feel that they were. So, I wanted those pictures to be able to prove my point.

Three months ago we had a heavy rain here and I noticed some water for the first time down in the basement, so I had Mid-Atlantic do the waterproofing. The reps came out to the house and described the process of how it works and how water gets into a basement, especially in older homes because we have an older home. Then, they talked about the process of how they would go about and do the waterproofing. It’s been a good experience except I’ve had to have them come back a couple of times for some remedial work. There was some caulking around the whole inner edge that had some gap into so I had them come back and redo some caulking. Then I noticed some moisture areas after the work had been done, so they’re sending the technician again to take a look at that.

There have been real wet conditions about five years ago in the neighborhood. We had a sewer flood and at the community meeting, they had recommendations. I eventually wanted to put in a sump pump. At the convention, I got to know when and how to do it, so I made arrangements. I've had several companies come by to do some basic, inexpensive stuff. But the basement walls had a lot of water or moisture in them so eventually I just went with Mid-Atlantic. They put in a French drain on the inside and a sump pump three months ago.

A representative of theirs came by, did quotes, and checked the moisture content. He was real nice to deal with and seemed knowledgeable about the product as he gave a very informative presentation and answered my questions adequately. The installation team was self-motivated. I had to help move stuff around to get them started and checked during the day but they were friendly. With the amount of dirt and stuff, it was pretty clean when they left it. It was a big job so it's what I expected.

The work was done during a drought and we've had more rain come in, but I think our walls are drier since Mid-Atlantic did their work. I didn't take any measurements with a humidity gauge or anything like that but the moisture is under control. They didn't do too much for a follow-up. I was supposed to get warranty papers for the sump pump but they said to do it online so that's about it. They have a good working team and I would recommend them.

I had water coming in my basement every time it rains. My son sleeps down in the basement so he made the call to Mid-Atlantic and got it going so he wouldn't get flooded out. Their sales rep knew what he was talking about and was good at selling. We were gonna back off because we hadn't been checking around any other company but went through with it because we needed it done so if ever a flood comes again, I won't have the same problem. They waterproofed the whole basement and took a whole day. My son said the installers were fine during installation. They did a nice job but the price was a little steep. I wasn't expecting to pay that much but I did.

I purchased a home and got a water treatment system for the basement installed by Mid-Atlantic. The sales rep came in my home, gave a sales pitch and I accepted, while the installation team came in and did the work, and it was acceptable.

I went to a fair and Mid-Atlantic was there. I talked to them at the fair and I didn’t need their services actually but they asked if I'd let them come out and look and see what's going on and I said, "Okay." Then when they came out, I saw that the crawl space was wet and they looked around and told me that it really needed waterproofing job done. It's the first I've ever seen my crawl space wet, but now I'm having another problem, so I didn’t even think it was from the crawl space. It was from something different. I have a tree outside with its roots coming up, my concrete is coming up and I'm still having water coming in my back door so I think that was the whole problem.

My interactions with their team was all good. They did what they had to do but I doubt that that’s really what needed to be done. They talked me into it and I know I have to take care of my home but I'm still having a problem. Then the bill was $184 and there was only $50 going to the principal. The rest was the tax or whatever they charge me to have the loan. I was really disappointed when I saw that and I called and they wouldn’t help me out with anything. So I actually took another loan to pay that one off, but it's okay. Whatever I had to do. Because I wasn’t paying over $100 a month for nothing. I was a little dissatisfied.

I had two different water proofers out to check the flooding in my basement. I kicked the first company off the job because they were not doing it the way they advertised it. I told the foreman, “Can you make sure at every phase I get to see what it looks like?” Unfortunately, he kept saying he forgot. I did not get to see what I wanted to see, and I was sick of dealing with it that I let that company go. I felt that they were not putting it in correctly, and they were putting the pipe on top of the foundation. They shouldn't do that because then the water doesn’t go away. If I wouldn’t have gone down and researched what they were supposed to do, I would’ve had a system that was not done properly.

On the other hand, Mid-Atlantic was wonderful. My goal was to protect my foundation and I thought they could do a better job with it. I just have some issues with them which I'd like to share. First, I was not happy with the salesperson because he should have known that the pump was too large to go in the existing hole so I could have figured something out. They had to put the pump in a different location. They closed up one hole and now I have another one but it's not at a good point. Second, they weren't conscientious of the dirt and debris that their work caused unlike the first company that I had. They could have put up plastic to try to keep the dirt from going into the rest of the house. I just assumed that since one company did it that Mid-Atlantic would also do it for me.

I also thought they will hook up my washer and dryer back but as they were leaving, one of their guys told me that it wasn't their responsibility. My previous company used concrete that dried within a few hours so they were able to put my washer and dryer back. But Mid-Atlantic's guy told me that I can't put anything in my basement for two to three days, and I could call their office to see if they could send somebody out to hook up my washer and dryer. I called them twice, but they never called back and I was not happy with that. My son came and hooked it up after a week and a half. Finally, it took Mid-Atlantic a long time to call me to check if everything was alright. They should get in touch with people within a shorter period of time so that if the person has any issues they can be addressed.

Other than that, they were polite and seemed to know what they were doing. I would use them again and I would recommend them. They are better than the first company and I have more confidence in them.

We had a couple of cracks in the house, one of it was really bad, so we needed somebody to come out and fix it. Mid-Atlantic gave us the best price for the best work. We wound up having all of our cracks fixed then we had them do a French drain on the inside. The sales reps and installers were all great. When we had a question, they were really happy to answer it. It was totally cool for us and I appreciate them coming out. My husband and I have recommended them to several people.

We had water coming into our basement so we contacted Mid-Atlantic to solve the problem and they did a good job.

I wanted to do some waterproofing of our basement since we had mold on our walls and wet floors. I saw Mid-Atlantic at the regional market and they came over to give their free estimate. I also found out about the process. They had to put in a trench, pipes, and a sump pump. Then they finished up the masonry after they put the pipes in. They did all that work in a day. I wasn't home most of the time, but I got home when they were finishing up. Their people were nice, friendly, efficient, and hardworking according to my husband. He said it was really loud though and left a lot of dust which they still haven't gotten all cleaned up.

Our basement doesn't smell as bad or as damp as it was before. I haven't heard the sump pump go on though even though we get quite a bit of rain here and I don't really know how to test it. Nevertheless, I think the follow up has been great and I feel comfortable that I can call them at any time. We're very happy with it and my niece who also used them is also very happy. But she too wasn't thrilled with the clean up afterwards.

There was a mold in my basement and Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing helped me install a sump pump and French drains there about two months ago. It was very good with the sales rep. The installation team came to put in the sump pump and drains and cleaned the place afterwards. There was a puddling that was occurring before with heavy rains and that hasn't happened since they did their work. We've had just one heavy rainstorm since then and the basement has remained dry. There was one issue with the steps, though, that they had to come back and fix, and they did that pretty promptly as well.

There was a long-standing water in the basement, and I contacted Mid-Atlantic due to their guarantee and national level of work. The work was superior, however, I felt that the sizing of trenches and the amount of stone fill were deficient. One of the procedures, as presented by the salesman, was a determining factor. He did a very good job of explaining what happens with the water inflow and such, but he indicated far different procedures than what actually was done at the premise.

I needed Mid-Atlantic's services because I've had trouble with water. We did the whole drains all the way around the two pumps. The installation team was the most professional people I've dealt with. They were a lot better than management. We recently had issues with one of the pumps, so I called it in and they were supposed to call me back but they never did. I spent $15,000 to put all this stuff in and nobody responded after it was done to see if I liked it or not. The least they had to do is call me back and see if we're satisfied. They had a booth set up at a fair and I made the complaint down there. Now I've had three calls since I made that complaint. Before that, they didn’t even know I existed.

We had a really good man come out and talked to us about everything, and showed us what needed to be fixed. He’s really nice about everything. The installation team was also great. I had them put two pumps in and they didn't leave a mess. Everything was fine. Since the service, there was less of a musty smell and there's not as much moisture in the air. Mid-Atlantic is a very great company.

I have been reading and researching about sump pump and I had all the signs that I needed one. I was talking to someone about it and they said that Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing was really good so we had them put in the sump pump in July of 2016. Their sales rep was good and their installation team were great. The basement is very dry now and it doesn’t have that bad smell anymore. However, I’m an elderly person and I have no one to put the toilet back in. They said they’re going to put it back in but I’ve been getting the runaround. I called them again over a month ago and they told me they'll put it in on the 26th of September because they don’t have anybody to do it. Now they made another appointment on the 15th of October. So, I have to take off from work to get that done. That’s the only issue I have with them.

We had water coming into the house, and Mid-Atlantic did a meter reading. I was very impressed with the way the rep talked, and he wasn't pushy about anything.

When we first made the agreement, the man said, “Well, we’ll be here a week from today, Tuesday.” So on Sunday and Monday, we took everything we could, out of the basement. We called Monday and they said, “You’re not scheduled this week.” I explained to them we had everything outside and that the house was a mess. They said, “Well, we’ll schedule you for Saturday.” And then from Saturday they moved it up to a Wednesday, and they were here Wednesday with five people, and I was impressed with that.

They were done in one day. They put plastic on the whole round of everything that they could, and they blocked off some of the basement downstairs. It was a dirty mess, but we were satisfied with the work, and they did the best they could. The basement is now warm, and not cold like it used to be. The water was running in constantly, but now it's dry. I have no complaints, no regrets with their service, and I wouldn't be ashamed to recommend them to somebody else.

We contacted Mid-Atlantic 18 months ago and after a few estimates decided to go with MidAtlantic for our basement waterproofing. They started the work in July 2015 and were not able to complete the job until October 2015. In that time they flooded my basement once because they left the work they started overnight and forgot to turn the back-up pumps on. We got up to feet of water in our basement. They completed the work and we have had them back out here 4 more times to correct more issues. Got up this morning to find water in my basement again this morning, called them before 8 a.m. and when they finally got back to me they told me the best they could do was sometime between 3-6 p.m. That is 6-9 hours later and I have water coming in to my home.

They were never prompt with times, if they said they would return in the morning by 9, we were lucky to see them by noon. They did nothing to help us with all the flooding damage and still have issues. We spent almost 30,000.00 with them and still have the same issues. Not even sure how to proceed or who to contact anymore? Suggestions?

I had water issues in my basement and a sump pump failure. Mid-Atlantic did a ‘grade’ in the back of my house and they installed two sump pumps. Upon the completion of the job, I needed them to reroute some PVC pipe. The contractor came in the following day and rerouted everything the way that I asked them to. It's been a professional and pleasurable experience.

There were some local companies that I knew of, and having some of them do stuff in the past, I wanted a company that was more well-known or had a better reputation. Mid-Atlantic did French drains and sump pumps for basement waterproofing. Everything was good about the sales representatives. They measured everything, explained everything to me and showed me all the backup on the information and certifications about the warranty and everything that came with it. The install team was also good. They were conscious of everything I had and they covered everything. It was a messy job and they tried to clean up the best they could when they were done. It didn’t take them nearly as long as I thought it would, which was a good thing. They called me back a few weeks afterwards just to double-check on everything and see if I had any questions or concerns. For me, everything seems to be working well.

Our basement was flooded and I got Mid-Atlantic's services to deal with it. They installed pumps and a trench around the house. They did a real good job but in the spring I have them check to make sure everything is running because one red light downstairs wasn't on. The person who came in misdiagnosed what was wrong. He said I needed a new electrical outlet down where the battery was. I told the guy that I understand that if they come out and check it once a year, they don’t normally charge a fee. But he didn’t agree with that. He still charged me a fee. He said I needed to get electrical people in there. It turns out, all it was, was the circuit breaker. I was a little bit concerned and upset because I had to pay him a fee and then I had the electrical people come to just flick the switch of the circuit. So I wasn’t too happy with that. I called Mid-Atlantic to report what happened, but the girl I talked to didn’t seem to think it was an issue.

Worst experience I've had with a company in a long time. Their estimator came out and took one look at the water on our basement floor and told us it was coming from the foundation of the house where the wall meets the floor, then gave us an estimate for a complete basement drainage system. We signed the contract that night. I had three other companies come out to give estimates, and every single one took one look at the water and said they didn't think it was actually coming from the foundation. One quickly identified the problem as a leak from our A/C condensate line and immediately fixed the problem for free. We cancelled the contract with Mid-Atlantic within the cancellation period, telling them that we were shocked that their estimator failed to catch the true source of the water when every other person who looked at it immediately realized that it was NOT coming up from under the foundation or from within the walls.

The four different representatives I spoke to in cancelling and subsequently were all incredibly rude to me. Continuously interrupting me when I tried to tell them what had happened and refusing to admit that their original diagnosis of the problem was incorrect. They called me repeatedly after we had cancelled "wanting to make things right," but mostly treated me like an idiot who couldn't possibly understand why their service was so much better than any competitors could possibly be. I finally agreed, after they repeatedly insisted, to let them send another person out to look at the problem, as they said (and I believe them as the others said the same thing) that we DID have a water issue inside the walls and under the foundation. The person who came was pleasant at first but quickly became rude and annoyed due to the fact I was still upset about the original problem.

I'm not sure why someone coming out to visit a customer they knew was upset about their service would apparently be so surprised to be dealing with an upset customer. He kept telling me I was wrong, mocking me for being "wound up," and literally making fun of me to my face in my own home. I have never dealt with any company's representative who was so amazingly rude and condescending, refusing to admit they'd been wrong in the first place, and just outright insulting to my face, right in my own home. It seems that this company's technique is to bully, belittle, and frighten people into buying their product. This was the first company I called about the problem because I believed they had a stellar reputation; my experience in dealing with their sales operation was a stunning disappointment.

We had a water problem in the basement. I wanted to go to a company with good reputation. My realtor suggested Mid-Atlantic and we went with his recommendation. Mid-Atlantic installed two sump pumps. It's a big project, was expensive, and took a little longer. The county couldn’t finalize the work that was done because Mid-Atlantic also needed to pull an electric permit to plug the sump pump in, and that work wasn’t done. So I had to contact them again. We figured it out and finally they took care of it.

I wanted everything done and it got done so I’m satisfied with that. The only thing is, they ripped my walls off and left that all like that. They had to cut all the drywall and all that stuff underneath because their work was done inside. I had to hire somebody to fix that for me because the installers said that they don't do that, which means more money out of my pocket. But other than that their work was good. There is no water coming in anymore. No humidity nor any signs of water inside.

This summer, I got Mid-Atlantic to waterproof my basement. The sales rep was fantastic. He was very informative, told us what would be going on, how they'd go about it, and was true to his word. The installation was really quick. A good and professional team came in, worked on sump pumps and a French drain, and were in and out with no problem whatsoever. It's nice and dry in my basement now. As a matter of fact, I've just gone down to paint it, and all the mildew's gone. It's a complete difference. Mid-Atlantic is a very professional group, has excellent customer service, and excellent job performance. It was a very pleasant experience.

I had some work done by Mid-Atlantic almost one year ago. I'm still noticing water entering my basement wall even after they added the sump pump. I called to have someone to come back out because I'm noticing cracks appearing around the house. I was told once they place the pump and the tranche that the basement would be dry and I would be able to renovate. That's not the case. I'm hoping that they will honor the Warranty and fix this problem. ASAP.

When it rained, water was slowly creeping in so I had Mid-Atlantic put in a sump pump and French drains. The salesman was excellent and I'm satisfied with the work that the installers did. They were courteous.

Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing Company Profile