Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing

New England

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

The builders were putting an addition on our house. They took down the gutters and we got the torrential rains starting out wiped out Ellicott City but in such curbed backs, dirt, dungeons, furnace room actually filled up with water and overflowed into our basement. We’d been thinking about putting something in there to improve as it was always a little bit damp. I've seen Mid-Atlantic systems in many houses as I'm in real estate and so we purchased waterproofing and putting down the plastic sheeting in the dirt area of our basement from them, so the bio micro spray and two sump pumps in the system go around the French drain type system.

The sales representative came to our house and demonstrated what he would do. He explained the process but we already knew what it entailed. The installation team was very timely and the head guy was very polite. One of the things that we wanted to be done hadn’t been done so he came out on a weekend on his own time and took care of it. He did an excellent job and was very nice.

The people who owned this house before us had 50 cats and they let the cats pee everywhere. The small was super hard to get rid of in this part because it was dirt on stone and the only other option was to excavate. We had treated it many times and it we couldn’t get rid of the odor so with the spraying of vents and with the ports for air circulation and with the plastic cover has made it really smelled 1000% better now. Knowing that our basement is going to stay dry has also made it smell a lot better. Staying perfectly dry and the turfing of the dirt dungeon have made it a lot cleaner.

We knew that it’s an expensive service but the basement's a useable space now so we’re pretty satisfied. We probably did not need two sump pumps but because it was a freak of nature storm that got us while our gutters were down, at the same time, we like the transferability of the warranty that comes with it and it’s turned out to be a really good system. We shopped around and we like what Mid-Atlantic had versus the other companies. I have recommended them many times in the past, even before we got our system, so I recommend them to my clients whenever they need them as well. It's effective and well-done. They did very satisfactory work.

My basement kept flooding and the water was coming in from the basement so I needed Mid-Atlantic's services. The rep was very nice and he didn’t try to pressure us. He laid everything out for us and he was very well-informed. He was also very nice and kind. Now there is no more water leaking in my basement and everything is working extremely well thanks to them.

Our experience with Mid-Atlantic went very smoothly, and we haven't had any overflow water since they did the installation. Water piles up in the alley about 20 feet away, but happy to say it doesn’t come in.

Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing did a good work and they were in and out at the time that they said they would be. We used them for the drainage on the inside of the basement and I was pleased with them. I would recommend them to somebody else. Even the inspector that inspected the work done afterwards has never had any problem with Mid-Atlantic and he’s inspected quite a few other jobs.

There's nothing but good things to say about Mid-Atlantic. I purchased the basement French drain and sump pumps from them and the sales rep and installation team were nice and friendly. The level pump on one of the pumps went bad and they were out the next day and replaced it with no problem.

I had a leaky basement every time it rained. It was a mess. I talked to a Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing rep at a Belleville Flea Market and had a representative come to my house. Their sales reps were very good. They explained my options about what I could do with the money that I could afford to use. The installation team all seemed like pretty good guys. They put an artesian well around the basement walls and put it into a pump and pumps outside. I found them a place to dump the concrete that they had on so they didn’t have to tow it back. It took them 2 days to get everything done and it was a world of difference. I don't have water in the basement anymore. They had an excellent crew and they did what they said they were going to do and the job turned out good. I’m moving and I will contact the new owners of my house and get the warranty transferred over to them.

We moved in our house and we tore down the walls in our basement and we noticed mold and moisture on our basement walls. We then researched and Mid-Atlantic was the most popular by reputation. We got their waterproofing service and we got two sump pumps. The sales rep who was very helpful and informative sat down with us and explained everything that was gonna happen. He diagnosed the problem, discussed the cost, and he helped us get approved for a loan.

The first time, the installation guys did their own thing, which was down the basement. We stayed upstairs and they stayed out of the way. We had them come back because we noticed that one of their patch jobs was leaking. So, they came back out and they re-patched it and put the black tar stuff over it. The walls dried up dramatically since their service and the basement's healthier. There is no more mold or moisture and it made a great difference in the walls. It was a service that had to be done. When you tear a wall down it’s not something you want to see. But Mid-Atlantic took care of the problem and they did it sufficiently, friendly, fast, and accurately.

My son helped search for different companies and he decided that Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing was the better company. Their prices were also better. I was quite impressed with the employees that put the system in. They explained everything and they cleaned everything up, there was no mess. They were great workers and great people. It was a good experience and I missed them after they worked here.

We had the services of Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing four years ago. We were looking for a waterproofing company because our basement flooded. Everything went fine and I had no issues. I've recommended them to people.

Everybody at Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing was polite and honest. I got a few estimates at the time and clearly, Mid-Atlantic had the price and a smooth-talking salesman. It's a rental and everything's good so far. I haven't had any callbacks or complaints. Everything’s the way it should be. They were great.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing?

When I had water in the basement, I contacted Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing as I found their information on the display at a Home Builders Show. I availed of their rain management services and when their installers left, everything has been working fine since. This was years ago, but everything has been completely satisfactory and I have recommended them too.

We had a terrible experience with Mid-Atlantic. I would never recommend this company to anybody. We got them to waterproof a room we are redoing for the eight grandchildren that we have so that they could have a place to play when everybody lives here. First, they called and tried to schedule us in earlier because they had a cancellation. So, we said, "Yes" but it didn't give us a lot of time to clear things away from the wall. They said, "No problem." They would do it. They stuffed stuff up. I ended up losing stuff that fell and crashed to the floor after. The crew came in, then one of the guys with them was propositioning my husband that he would take all the paneling off the walls and get rid of it for $700. And I'm like, "Wait a minute. I thought that this stuff was like all-inclusive in." I had to call the company and they did make it right. They supposedly did the work, and then they left.

But then, we started having water problems. They came in and fixed the one thing and then a year later we had a heavy rain. I walked down into our family room which we hadn't started renovating yet. But my husband and I have severe back issues. So, our laundry and everything is upstairs. We don't go downstairs all that often but I was looking for something. I was over my foot in water in my basement.

Now their crew comes out and the guy takes one look at everything and he called the boss. He said, "I don't understand what the crew here before did, but there's an entire back wall that was dug up but the stuff that they put down in the trench was never light. And then they recemented it." So, the work wasn't done properly. They had to dig it all up again and all the dirt, all the mess was a horrible experience. They just did not do the work right. The crew that came up and fixed it was phenomenal. Thank God, it's dry now. But it took a hell of a lot of work and a lot of phone calls to get it done right. And at that $11,000, I expected a lot better than that. We felt very stupid for hiring them and not doing more research.

I needed Mid-Atlantic's services for a flooded basement. It’s been a year and I’ve had two people out since then that have inspected everything, and we’re doing fine and the basement's dry. We had a trench put in on two sides of the house and a sump pump. They did some damage to my lawn but other than that, everything else was fine. We're satisfied with Mid-Atlantic.

I found a representative of Mid-Atlantic in the BJ's wholesale store. I was walking out and they had a little table there for a free home inspection of our basement. I had water problems, so I went ahead and set up an appointment with them. I have cinder block walls, and the walls were absorbing and holding water. The water was just fitting into there, sucking through the walls, and eventually getting to my insulation between the wall and the drywall, and it was making that part wet, too. This was making my basement moist and I was getting some mold issues. They sent out a person to do the inspection and look at the house. Then they told me what they thought the issues were and made a recommendation of the type of service I needed. I had also suspected that was what needed to happen so they just confirmed my expectations.

I got waterproofing services from Mid-Atlantic. At the installation, the foreman or lead person explained the process to me. The other two persons in the installation team did not speak English, so I didn't speak much to them. The installation wasn't a long process and didn't take but a few days. After they did the job, I definitely can tell the difference — I didn't have all the moisture and issues that I was having before. It seems that they've installed a sub-pump and put a drain all around the house. They had to dig into the foundation, and I had to do some cleanup work afterwards, but I knew that going into it.

The waterproofing that they've installed is working well because the sub-pump is pumping out the water. I've also got a great, big drainage ditch outside my house, and I had to go in and fill that in, and redirect the water, but it's pulling a lot of water out from under the house. The water is not in my house and in my walls anymore. It was a mess before, but that's all resolved and it's dry now. The price was reasonable and they came in and did a great job, then left the place clean. They've met all my expectations or exceeded them in some cases, and I'm happy with the results.

We had water in the basement and requested service from Mid-Atlantic. The salesman explained everything to us and we were satisfied with what they would do. We purchased the waterproofing and this was provided 20 years ago. The installation team was great too. The trouble was that the salesman didn't communicate well with them. So, we had to intercede there. But the installers were terrific workers. Our house is sitting on rocks and they worked hard pulling out the dirt and installing the drain around the periphery of the basement. They didn't explain anything but they did a good job considering the situation.

Since the repair, the basement has been mostly dry. They had to come back and fixed a couple problems with the drain around the periphery. Also, one pump gave out one time and it was replaced. Since then, everything has been fine and the last problem has been about five years ago. Overall, Mid-Atlantic did the job that they said they would do and it's worked out well.

I was getting small amounts of water in the basement, so I got the basement waterproofing from Mid-Atlantic about three years ago. The sales reps came, looked around and gave an estimate. They went outside a couple of times and called people for interest-free financing. In my opinion, they just build the interest into your loan, but I was relatively satisfied with the price. It's a nasty and dirty job. I didn’t have outside access to my basement, so they had to come in through the house and it's a pretty messy situation. I had to clean for a long time after the job to get the dust out. There was still dust in the work area and in my house because they jackhammer concrete. It was a pretty large mess, but because of the price that I got, I endured through it.

The way it went pretty was much far for the course when you have pre-existing foundation that's 60 years ago built and you have to jackhammer out the perimeter of the basement and haul it about the house. I would not recommend doing it if you have that water problem because there are other quicker fixes, but they're gonna endure for the long haul and the foundation is sound up to this point. l recommend that people should get out of the house and plan to go somewhere for a week at least while the work is being done, because we thought we could stay here and I wouldn’t recommend that. Also, the basement needs to be empty or secured with everything in the middle and covered up really well. But I'm fairly satisfied with the job, and our basement is drier.

My basement was getting flooded and I decided to try a professional through Mid-Atlantic which I chose due to their prices and reviews. We had waterproofing services and since then, I haven't gotten any water in the basement. The guys that did it were very good. Mid-Atlantic farmed it out to somebody else, though, which I didn’t really appreciate. Another issue I had was with the sales rep that came over. I had given him some copies of previous quotes of the people that had come over and he said that if I give it to him, he’ll send me a gift certificate for a restaurant but he never followed through with that.

I've used Mid-Atlantic before and when I recently needed waterproofing services for a foreclosure property, I contacted them again and the service was great. They stayed in touch and they got back to me, so I didn't have a problem. It took them about 20 to 30 days to complete everything because they had to get a permit from the county and all that good stuff.

We had molds in the basement and Mid-Atlantic explained things well and they could do it right away. We had mold removal and waterproofing in September and they also put in a French drain and two sump pumps. The guys who installed them were very good and they cleaned up after themselves. We don't have a moldy smell anymore and the basement is fine. It was something scary but it worked out well and I'd recommend them.

I had a foundation issue and some water intrusion to my basement. I was in a hurry and did a little bit of research on the web looking for companies doing sensitive water proofing, mitigation of water issues, and foundation issues. I looked at some reviews and some technical approach stuff, made a few phone calls, and Mid-Atlantic was responsive. They could do the work quickly which I needed because I had water coming into my basement every time it rained, which I couldn't sustain because I had a finished basement. Mid-Atlantic's approach from a technical point of view seemed like a logical way to address the issue. The combination of their availability, responsiveness, and technical solution made me go with them.

They had somebody out within two days when I called. We did a quick walk around, looked outside and inside the wall, and explained what was going on. Their rep seemed to be very familiar with the issue and was straightforward. We sat down down and he told me the issue that I was most likely dealing with, the approach to resolve the issue, and a basic estimate of what the cost would be. He also told me they'll give me a final estimate once we open the wall up and take a look behind the sheetrock. The installation guys who came in were phenomenal. I was thinking the repair was gonna take two days but they got most of the work done in one day. They had to come back the second day just for the final pour for the floor but that was quick. The guy who was the manager also showed up. I spoke with him and he answered all my questions. The basement is now dry - there is no more water. I'd recommend Mid-Atlantic.

I had French drains in my basement 30 years ago which were working, but all of a sudden the wall up to the corners was starting to get mold. Mid-Atlantic seems to talk about the problem that I was having on their website versus other places, and they were well-rated. Their reps came over and showed us lots of video on their computer, a fair amount of handouts, and toured our basement and measured everything. The installation team told me what they were going to do and how long it would take. All the questions I had, they know. The mold smell is completely gone now and I was surprised at how quickly it disappeared. I’m definitely happy and would recommend Mid-Atlantic.

We only get a lot of water in our basement when it rains a lot. But we wanted to get our basement done because we didn’t like the musty smell it had and so it wouldn’t get any worse. The Mid Atlantic sales reps were nice and the second guy, Toby, was very informative. Brian and Justin, the guys that worked on the installation, did a good job. They were on time, courteous and cleaned up after themselves.

There was so much water in the basement, and a rep from Mid-Atlantic came over. Their team drilled holes in the wall near the foundation and put a sump pump in. I found out that cinder block doesn't absorb as well as the cement block, and it cracked on my outside cellar way and that's where they had a lot of problems running in. The situation is better now and I don't have as much water, but I still have to go down and do some bailing. It isn't Mid-Atlantic's fault and they told me maybe because it's clay soil. They came out and wanted to sell me more but I wasn't going to go into all of that more expense.

Mid-Atlantic fixed the leak in my cellar almost two months ago. Their sales representatives were nice and their installation team did what they had to do. I would recommend them to others.

I went with Mid-Atlantic to waterproof my main wall across the back of my house because of the handholding that they do with someone who doesn't have any experience with leaks or wall cracks. We purchased a house and had a leak in our basement that would not stop. Their sales rep came and took his time in answering all our questions, and helping us understand why the wall was leaking, why there were cracks in multiple places, and what they would need to do. Also, he explained the importance of getting it done, what level it was at that time and how much worse they can get as the winter progressed. The installation team came, did the job, cleaned up everything, and left. It almost felt like even if I wasn't in the house, it would have just happened. Our wall and sump pump look great and we haven't had any issues or concerns. It was quick, efficient and I would do it again with Mid-Atlantic if I had any other issues with any other walls.

We have chronic dampness in the basement and it's been an ongoing problem. We don’t flood and we're not getting steady water in the basement, but it’s very damp. And it’s half the living space of the house so it’s impeding our use of the house because it’s one of those walkout basements. We’ve tried other things to solve the problem including re-digging the French drain, re-putting a drain pipe in and perforated pipe in and re-damp proofing the outside of the basement. And it didn’t really seem to help so we were looking for something different, and that’s why we did it with Mid-Atlantic. They did a system where they put in some pumps and did a channel along inside of the basement wall which is actually three walls of our basement. So hopefully the water will drain into those channels and then be pumped out.

As far as the sales rep explaining how it works, he was very good and it made sense to me at the large scale, but I did feel like it was high pressure and because of that I almost didn’t do it. But in the end, I decided to do it because I wanted to get it done. Also, it took the installers a little longer than anticipated, but they said our house is a little bit more complicated and I don’t fault them for that because my house is a very unusual modern house. The fact it took a little longer is not a surprise because I’ve had that experience with most projects.

The installers left a mess, but I knew they were going to leave a mess. But they were nice and this fella talked to me several times all about the system, how he set it up and he also gave me his phone number so I could call him later on if I have any questions and that part was good. Right now, I don’t know if it’s working or not, ‘cause it's winter time and we’re not really getting a lot of dampness in the wall. It’s something we can tell a couple of years down the road. But they were very professional, well organized and they seem to have an innovative solution. And they did what they said, so overall I’m satisfied with Mid-Atlantic.

My wife's been complaining for years that there was dampness in the basement. Mid-Atlantic offered prices and eventually they came down at least $5,000, but I thought it was a fair enough deal, so we got their waterproofing service and they dug a trench. The results seemed to be good so far. It seemed to be pretty damn dry down there now. I recommend them.

I had a leak in a crawlspace. My step-son found Mid-Atlantic online and they seem to know a little more about what they were doing than the other one that I interviewed. I got a French drain from them and we went through three of their sales people before we finally got the price down to where I was comfortable with. It was just a haggling process. The first salesman said it’s 25 then it’s 22 then it’s 18. But they did a fairly decent job in installing it and I was satisfied. And since the installation, we don’t have the little odor coming out of that crawlspace upstairs because of the water sitting there.

We’ve had a water condition in our basement for a while so we got the waterproofing system from Mid-Atlantic. The installers were here for four days and anytime they had an issue, they came right up and asked. We were there the whole time while they were installing and our interaction with them was good. We’ve been in a dry period since the installation of the system and neither one of the pumps has discharged yet. But when the installers left, the system was tested so I'm assuming it's going to do what it's supposed to do and get rid of the moisture in the basement.

From beginning to end, my experience with Mid-Atlantic was seamless and they backed up every promise that they made. I've recommended them to someone who is having his house done right now. I know of their work through other people that have used them before and chose them for that as well as their warranty.

We had water penetrating the block on the front side of the house, and my wife came up with Mid-Atlantic. The Mid-Atlantic sales rep called, made an appointment, and explained what they would do, which they exactly did. They removed concrete from two feet in from our walls and there was some waterproofing material laid down and then stone and then re-concreted. It was efficiently done and two sump pumps were added. It seems to have taken care of the problem.

The Mid-Atlantic installation team was very efficient. They were very busy all day long up until late in the night. They came back the next morning and worked again until late in the night and then completed their work and cleaned up the basement. They worked very hard and were diligent in keeping the place clean. The only thing is that they punched holes in the top of the block and weep holes at the bottom. They installed the vents in the top of the block where they punched holes and I’m missing one of those vents. I talked to one of their representatives and mentioned it, but I’ve never gotten one back. Other than that, they were very good. They did what they said they were going to do and I was happy with the experience.

I talked to Mid-Atlantic as I had to get water out of my basement. They dug up the basement and put a sump pump in, but I don't think I really needed that because it came through the two walls. On the other hand, I was pleased with everybody. They were very knowledgeable, helpful, and polite. It was a great experience, overall.

There was flooding in my basement area of my home and Mid-Atlantic was open and willing to work with me from a financial standpoint and gave me an opportunity to plan financially. Their sales rep was knowledgeable and informative and we had good interactions with the installation team. The basement area hasn't received any flooding since we had the waterproofing done three months ago, though there hasn't been a major rain yet.

Mid-Atlantic was at the Maryland County fair and I had a smelly basement so I needed their services. The sales reps were very professional and friendly. I got my basement waterproofed about two months ago and the installation team was great. My only complaint is that they moved my washer dryer and did not put it back. They left it for me to move which is a huge inconvenience because it's just me versus a crew of five who moved it. Nevertheless, they were very professional and did a courteous service, and the damp, musty smell is gone.

I had a couple of areas where water was coming in to my basement. Mid-Atlantic was giving free estimates. They sent a representative who didn’t explain everything that we were okay with, but they sent another guy out and he was more professional. He did some background as for his plan to explain what was going on, why the water was coming in to the basement, and it made sense because that's exactly what was happening.

We got the fence drain and they added the extra sump pump and also did checking for mold. It was expensive and they did a lot of damage to the basement itself, particularly the floor and walls. I was under the impression about the floor that they had to dig up the concrete to get down to put in the French drain. I had to have someone come out to repair everything back. I'm still trying to get things straight. I had to get my vents, duct work, and carpet cleaned.

I haven’t seen any water coming in so far since the service. The only problem that I had was when I called back to the office and talked to a lady about some water coming in from the bathroom area. When we cut the water on the shower, the water came over to the next room which is where the furnace is. Their digging in the area of the bathroom loosened up the seal around the shower enclosure and that's maybe what caused the water to come to the next room. We didn’t have the problem before. The lady said that she was going to check with her boss or the other manager, but no one got back with me. It was like they weren’t concerned. If they’re doing work for me and it looked like I have a problem, the customer should come first. They should call me back or even come out and look at what I was talking about instead of ignoring my complaint. They did a good job, but I didn't appreciate the follow-up customer service.

We had a damp basement, and we had Mid-Atlantic waterproof it since they seemed to have a clear idea of how to fix the problem and it seemed like they were more knowledgeable. I was pleased with their salesperson. He wasn't pushy. It wasn’t like, “We have to do this,” or, “This is the best way to do this.” It was, “This is how we could fix this and this is the guarantee that goes with it.”

They explained the process, and they said that it was going to be loud and messy, but had they said they needed to get something stronger, I would've gladly put down things that I had down on my carpet. I knew it was going to be messy but not as messy as it was. I would've done a lot more prep work before they even showed up. They know their business but the plastic that they brought with them was not very good. It was some thin plastic that didn’t do anything, and by midday, it was all torn up. That was a bit of a disappointment. My carpets were nearly ruined. In fact, I'm probably going to replace them in the spring. Also, they told me they were going to wrap everything in the basement, and we moved it all to the middle so it would make it easier for them to do it. The plastic that they used was all torn up by midday, so everything got dirty. We had to wash every single thing that was in our basement when they got through.

Moreover, they forgot the battery backup for the sump pump. We had a rare power outage here and the battery did not kick in, so I called them and they came right out. There was something missing in the battery itself, which they fixed, but had that been a real long term emergency, we probably would've had a mess. But as far as the crew was concerned, they were very good. I had a double crew. So instead of three men, I had six, and they got in and out quickly. They said it would be about three days, and they did it in one long day.

After the work has been done, there is a vast improvement in my home. There is no more musty odor, and it is definitely cleaner. We painted the walls a couple of times to make sure we covered everything up. And then we painted the floor, which we've never been able to do before because it would just peel from the dampness. Mid-Atlantic was efficient and did the job as promised. The whole process was pleasant. And so far, it's really made a big improvement. So I'm glad I did it.

Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing Company Profile