4.60/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing is the premier provider of water management services. Having been in the business for over 50 years, Mid-Atlantic specializes in basement waterproofing, crawl space waterproofing as well as foundation repair for residential and commercial clients. Our awards speak to the high quality of workmanship and customer service we provide.

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 10, 2017

1613 Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

Every time we had a heavy rain, our basement would flood. At that time, Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing had been in business much longer than a lot of other places. We also looked at the comments that were posted online and we were pleased with what we saw. They were very professional when they came and evaluated the place. They let us know what was needed, what was happening and why it was happening so we decided to go with them. They explained to us what they were going to do and since I was here the whole time, they kept me in the loop. They had to jackhammer in the flooring and all the way around the perimeter of the house. They also had to bring in all the gravel and do a French drain. The job was done in a timely manner and was completed in three days. Their solution met our needs and since they did that work over 10 years ago, we had not had a flood from heavy rain.

But we had peeling on the walls down in the basement a year ago. We took the peeling down, put up some other stuff, and there was one wall that was damp. I called Mid-Atlantic and they came out the very next day, took care of the problem, and we haven’t had any issues. They also installed two sub pumps which still work until now. When it rains, we can hear the pumps cut on and push the water out away from the house. If I would ever have problems with water in the basement, I would call them again with no hesitation. They did an outstanding job and I’ve referred a couple of people to them as well.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

Water was in the basement of the row house I had in Washington, DC about 6 years ago and I called two companies to give me an estimate. I chose Mid-Atlantic because I heard their name before in relation to waterproofing. They waterproofed the whole basement and I didn't have to wait a long time for them to get it done. They were efficient and the job seemed to hold. They also found a little snake that was about eight inches long outside the door basement, and they told me they're going to add it to the price. They were very nice and it was a very good relationship.

Mid-Atlantic did the job at my house in Maryland, too. I was going to waterproof all four sides of the whole basement, but they told me that the whole back side of the house would not need to be waterproofed and that we wouldn't have any trouble with that, so I didn't tell them to waterproof it. The house is on a little slope with the front part up a little and the back part downhill a little bit. But now, I'm having trouble with water coming in the basement door and that side of the wall is damp. And so I've got to have the basement and the whole room done. Still, Mid-Atlantic is a reliable company, the rep was very good, and their work is satisfactory. While I'm not completely satisfied with the suggestion not to do the whole thing, I would recommend them to a friend.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

We've been in this house for 50 years and we never had water in our basement. However, at this particular time we had a little water in our basement twice. It was not much but enough to make us aware that there was a problem. We called Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing and they came and we had it done. They were all very good and very confident. They were also all hard-working and they did a good job. We never had water again and we were very pleased. I would recommend them.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

The county allowed houses to be built without adhering to code and the law. The water table was raised and water was coming up to my basement floor. I had to have three pumps installed with back-up, and it cost me $30,000 to have everything waterproofed. Mid-Atlantic did well. Their installation team had to dig up my basement and it was a mess, but as well as they could. I also had to have Mid-Atlantic replace the pumps. I'd recommend them. Waterproofing is expensive, and you might as well hire people who know what the devil they’re doing. In fact, I have recommended them to friends looking for people to do their waterproofing. One of my friends who did not go with them still has a wet basement.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

We had a leaky basement, and my husband used to go down there with a Shop-vac. It can suck up so much and he would cart it upstairs. But after my husband passed away, I was doing it and it was too heavy, so I can’t do it. I had to climb six stairs to go and dump it. So, I got Mid-Atlantic three years ago and they were here one day. We had to move everything into the middle of the room so they can work on the French drain. They had to dig all around the foundation on the inside, and they cleaned up after themselves. I had problem with a pump, so I called them up. They sent a guy and it was fixed. Mid-Atlantic was a Godsend, and I thank them every time it rains.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing?

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017
    I had water in the basement and I ordered water removal system from Mid-Atlantic to pump the water out. The rep who I spoke with answered my questions and wasn't pushy. The guys who came over were also very nice. After the service, the basement is not getting flooded anymore and the pump system has done its job.

But the two guys that installed the pump system hardly explained anything before they left. It was 11 o'clock at night and they really wanted to get finished and get going.

So when the water was coming in the floor and looked like it was going to overtake the pump, I got worried and called them up about that. The lady at the office referred me to the installer who then told me not to worry because we have two pumps down there and that would not happen with the way they were set up. It was one of those deals where there was a misunderstanding or lack of information and it would have been better if they explained things at the beginning a little more after the pump was installed.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

I liked Mid-Atlantic's experience, technology, and guarantee. A representative called and made an appointment. And then, they came to the house and got a full inspection of the basement and they came upstairs and put out a presentation. They gave specific recommendations and explained why they would be doing what they would be doing and the benefits. I agreed with them and got a full basement waterproofing package. The installation team was very thorough and professional. They explained everything that I asked and went above and beyond. I was impressed with Mid-Atlantic's product, their installation and their warranty. It gave me a comforting feeling knowing that my house was protected and I'd highly recommend them.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

I used to have water in the basement all the time. Then I’ve read about Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing from a newspaper and got their services because of their cost. They were good, did their job, cleaned up well, and the basement has been good ever since. I got a lifetime guarantee so I can pass it on to the people who will buy this house next. Mid-Atlantic even called back five years ago and asked me if I had any trouble. It has been a wonderful experience.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

Mid-Atlantic's presentation was excellent and the system that they showed me made sense so I thought it was going to work. They did an amazing job. My only major problem was they didn't seal the basement well enough and I had a massive cleanup. I had cement dust over everything. I had to empty every kitchen cabinet out, wash everything, and put it back. My entire linen closet was a mess and I washed every towel and every sheet. But other than that, the men were polite, they came when they said they were going to come, and they cleaned up their area and I haven't had a flood yet so, I'm pleased. I would recommend them.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

We had basement flooding so we sought Mid-Atlantic's services. I went with them because I liked the basin for their pump, the product they put against the foundation and the walls that deflects water, as well as the product they put in the lower air port in the cinder block. I started with their waterproofing services then they caulked the fiber stripping on it, which stabilized my block wall. The installation team did a fantastic job. They were very clean and worked fast. However, they had to come out and repair a leak in one of the corners but they were out right away and they were prompt. The experience has been outstanding. I have recommended them to a friend, and they had the guys come out and do his basement.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

My basement gets flooded all the time. There is a Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing building where I pass by all the time, that's why I called them. Their salesperson came in the evening. However, he was a little pushy. We have to sign the contract that day in order to get the price. It was also expensive but the work is good. The people who did the work was on time, finished on time and cleaned up after themselves. We haven't had any problems since then. Any amount of rain is good and it is not a problem anymore.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

I had some moisture in my basement and it started to get some mold. I heard about Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing from someone else who had used them. Some of the people who came in from another company gave me prices that would make my hair stand up. They gave me a price of $45,000. They were also going to sandblast the beams above and put plastic sheeting over all the walls and it's ridiculous. While Mid-Atlantic trenched all the way around. They put in three sump pumps and the installers were all good. I had a couple of things that needed correction after and they came back. No argument from them. They seemed to try to do their job and to satisfy. Since then, I see not a drop of water. I recommended them to a neighbor.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

My mother-in-law referred Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing and we bought a sump pump and drains from them. Their representatives were excellent and the installation team did a good job. Their service was wonderful and it really helped and made a difference. Overall, we're happy with our waterproofing and we've already recommended Mid-Atlantic to others.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

We were at an exhibit in Lancaster and we knew we had problems in our basement. There were other basement people there but Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing happened to be the first stand that got our attention. We got the basement waterproofing service from them in spring of this year and the workers who were here were very hardworking. They stuck with the job and we were impressed. Since then, we have not noticed any water problems.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2017

I was having a water leakage into my basement through the cinder block wall. Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing’s good reputation and their promise that they’d fix the problem made me go with them. When I initially heard the cost involved, I was shocked. I didn't expect the repair would cost that much. Their installation team, which was a group of young men, came on the appointed day. They worked hard and they put in long hours to get the job done quickly. They created a bit of dirt, but they made an attempt to clean up most of the mess. I was very pleased but not 100% to my white standards. Nevertheless, I don't have a drop of water coming in my basement since they did their work. Even though I was shocked at the price, I'm very happy I had the issue worked on because the repair was advertised 100% perfect as far as fixing my problem.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing did our sump pump system two years ago and partnered with Chesapeake Mold to do the mold remediation. I've had no complaints except that they're awfully expensive but I didn't price it against a lot of other people. For the problem that we had and the fact that the insurance didn't help cover any of it, we burned a lot of our retirement budget on it. So, we got screwed but the insurance company is partly to blame. We had the sump pump drainage problem and a mold pop-up inside the garage. The techs put pumps in that were higher rated than the original. They did that at cost and didn't charge us for any of that and with other minor stuff. So overall, I very highly recommend them.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

Mid-Atlantic had the better idea for waterproofing my basement than the way the others had theirs planned out. Their representative came out of the house, sat with us, and went over everything. He told us what they were going to do and that's what they did. Their installation crew was great. They showed me what they were doing, so I knew what was going on, and they did the work really well.

Before, the concrete had cracked underneath. When we get a fair amount of rain, it would seep up through the crack and it would be flooded down there in the basement. We had a drainage system in, but this was out in the middle of the floor. So as the water comes around the bottom of the floor, it would come up. It sat on the crack and come in. This was all the way around the outside edge. Now, Mid-Atlantic’s system is below the concrete, so it drains all the water to a different new sump pump. It works great. There’s no more water in my basement. I would definitely recommend Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing, in fact, I already have.

Original review: June 11, 2017

My neighbor cut the trees down to build a larger home. As a result, I was getting so much water in my basement so I called Mid-Atlantic. Their people were very personable and the technicians came and showed me what they were doing. I got the waterproofing services, and they put some sump pump in. Then they cleaned up afterwards. I didn’t think that my basement would dry up and work as well as they were telling me. I had no water coming in and I was surprised. On the other hand, they left an object that would make my basement smell good but I didn't understand how to use it. Other than that, Mid-Atlantic did a very good work and I was very satisfied. They said if I recommended someone, they would send me a gift of $100, which they did.

Original review: June 10, 2017

We had our basement radon proof which filled in the French drain and caused a moisture problem that resulted in mold. We got Mid-Atlantic to the job and the sales rep that I spoke to was adequate. The installation team did a good job. They put in some sump pumps and the mold is gone. I would recommend them.

Original review: June 5, 2017

We had been flooded at one time when the power was out and the sump pump wouldn’t go on. We had waterproofing in the basement, digging all around and putting the bleed pipes down and pumping it outside. That was about six years ago and we haven’t had a problem since. The sales reps were courteous and the installers were very good.

Original review: June 1, 2017

We’ve been having problems with some water that comes down in our basement if it rains hard. And because my wife had talked to Mid-Atlantic at a show for home repairs and home buildings, we called them for an estimate. The guy who came out was good and wasn't pushy, but said, “Oh, you should get this done.” It's kind of a sales pitch. We didn’t shop around anymore and we just went with them.

We purchased the drainage system with a sump pump where they put the drainage around the outside walls of the basement in the house. The installation team seemed pretty knowledgeable. The guy who was in charge was running the crew and there were some younger guys who work with him. They were good but they didn't do everything they were supposed to do such as the treatment in the basement. Also, it’s supposed to be a two-day thing and they kinda rushed through it and got it done. But since then, we don’t have such a musty smell in our basement like we did.

Another thing was we had agreed on the price when the guy came out and took a look. He went to talk to the office out in his car on his phone and got us a better price. But the guys who came to do the work didn’t have the discounted price on their paperwork and they ended up having to call the office and get a hold of somebody to get it because I wasn’t gonna pay an extra couple of thousand dollars that they wanted when they have agreed on a lower price. They were able to make it right. And overall, my experience with Mid-Atlantic was pretty good and they’re pretty nice about everything.

Original review: May 26, 2017

There were water damages on my basement.I had to have trenches and rods run through my walls. After so many months, particularly when it’s dry, I have to put the gadget on the wall to tighten the pumps. My daughter found Mid-Atlantic in a paper and gave it to me because I was having problems. I tried it on my own to see what they could do for me and it turned out very well. I also got deductions on the whole thing. The sales reps were very polite to me. They tried to help me whenever and assisted me the right way. The people I worked with worked very well with me. I took their advice, went forward and had what I had to get done.

The only thing that I was concerned about it was my walls because they were crackin’ and I even had rods went under the ground where my driveway was. But, I have had a Mid-Atlantic for almost five years and so far, I've had a very, very good experience with them. I would give Mid-Atlantic’s name to people who are having problems. They have helped me very much.

Original review: May 21, 2017

The house originally had drains outside and apparently, they clogged up and then I was getting water inside the house. It was fine with Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing's sales rep and I purchased interior drains and a couple of pumps. My dad was a contractor so I know a little bit about what I’m doing down there and I watched the installation team a lot. Also, I talked to them while they were here. They were having some difficulty in a couple of places and I told them why and what was going on. It seems to be working fine.

The only thing that I was disappointed in is they had to build a thing up about three inches high all around the walls. I thought it would be flush but they built these things up and now the concrete is all cracking. My dad was a masonry contractor and I helped pour a lot of floors. You gotta get the concrete flooring to stick and the concrete’s nowhere near that thick. But I’m getting ready to paint everything down there and I will touch up the cracks and paint it. Overall, it was a pretty good experience.

Original review: May 17, 2017

I was purchasing a new house then and there was some water in the basement. The old homeowner installed Hydro-Trac of Mid-Atlantic as part of the purchase agreement we had. The work was done before we moved in. So far, it’s been all right. There had been a few times with the really heavy rains that we still had water come in through the front left wall. It would have been nice if the prior homeowner had done Hydro-Tracing around the front wall instead of the one side wall that’s underneath the garage. The one issue that we’ve had was that the sump pump that they had installed failed under six months to a year but they did come out, troubleshooted it, saw that it was bad and they replaced it. Also, they call a lot when we don’t need any waterproofing services. I told them that we’ll just call if we need something.

Original review: May 16, 2017

I had a leaky basement every time it rained. It was a mess. I talked to a Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing rep at a Belleville Flea Market and had a representative come to my house. Their sales reps were very good. They explained my options about what I could do with the money that I could afford to use. The installation team all seemed like pretty good guys. They put an artesian well around the basement walls and put it into a pump and pumps outside. I found them a place to dump the concrete that they had on so they didn’t have to tow it back. It took them 2 days to get everything done and it was a world of difference. I don't have water in the basement anymore. They had an excellent crew and they did what they said they were going to do and the job turned out good. I’m moving and I will contact the new owners of my house and get the warranty transferred over to them.

Original review: May 15, 2017

We moved in our house and we tore down the walls in our basement and we noticed mold and moisture on our basement walls. We then researched and Mid-Atlantic was the most popular by reputation. We got their waterproofing service and we got two sump pumps. The sales rep who was very helpful and informative sat down with us and explained everything that was gonna happen. He diagnosed the problem, discussed the cost, and he helped us get approved for a loan.

The first time, the installation guys did their own thing, which was down the basement. We stayed upstairs and they stayed out of the way. We had them come back because we noticed that one of their patch jobs was leaking. So, they came back out and they re-patched it and put the black tar stuff over it. The walls dried up dramatically since their service and the basement's healthier. There is no more mold or moisture and it made a great difference in the walls. It was a service that had to be done. When you tear a wall down it’s not something you want to see. But Mid-Atlantic took care of the problem and they did it sufficiently, friendly, fast, and accurately.

Original review: May 13, 2017

We had the services of Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing four years ago. We were looking for a waterproofing company because our basement flooded. Everything went fine and I had no issues. I've recommended them to people.

Original review: May 5, 2017

When I had water in the basement, I contacted Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing as I found their information on the display at a Home Builders Show. I availed of their rain management services and when their installers left, everything has been working fine since. This was years ago, but everything has been completely satisfactory and I have recommended them too.

Original review: April 28, 2017

We had a terrible experience with Mid-Atlantic. I would never recommend this company to anybody. We got them to waterproof a room we are redoing for the eight grandchildren that we have so that they could have a place to play when everybody lives here. First, they called and tried to schedule us in earlier because they had a cancellation. So, we said, "Yes" but it didn't give us a lot of time to clear things away from the wall. They said, "No problem." They would do it. They stuffed stuff up. I ended up losing stuff that fell and crashed to the floor after. The crew came in, then one of the guys with them was propositioning my husband that he would take all the paneling off the walls and get rid of it for $700. And I'm like, "Wait a minute. I thought that this stuff was like all-inclusive in." I had to call the company and they did make it right. They supposedly did the work, and then they left.

But then, we started having water problems. They came in and fixed the one thing and then a year later we had a heavy rain. I walked down into our family room which we hadn't started renovating yet. But my husband and I have severe back issues. So, our laundry and everything is upstairs. We don't go downstairs all that often but I was looking for something. I was over my foot in water in my basement.

Now their crew comes out and the guy takes one look at everything and he called the boss. He said, "I don't understand what the crew here before did, but there's an entire back wall that was dug up but the stuff that they put down in the trench was never light. And then they recemented it." So, the work wasn't done properly. They had to dig it all up again and all the dirt, all the mess was a horrible experience. They just did not do the work right. The crew that came up and fixed it was phenomenal. Thank God, it's dry now. But it took a hell of a lot of work and a lot of phone calls to get it done right. And at that $11,000, I expected a lot better than that. We felt very stupid for hiring them and not doing more research.

Original review: April 26, 2017

I needed Mid-Atlantic's services for a flooded basement. It’s been a year and I’ve had two people out since then that have inspected everything, and we’re doing fine and the basement's dry. We had a trench put in on two sides of the house and a sump pump. They did some damage to my lawn but other than that, everything else was fine. We're satisfied with Mid-Atlantic.

Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing Company Information