4.61/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing is the premier provider of water management services. Having been in the business for over 50 years, Mid-Atlantic specializes in basement waterproofing, crawl space waterproofing as well as foundation repair for residential and commercial clients. Our awards speak to the high quality of workmanship and customer service we provide.

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 17, 2017

1621 Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

When my mother passed away, my sisters and I had to do some fixing in her townhouse in order to put it on the market because it had serious water issues in the basement. We had a couple of people come and took a look at it and we felt the most comfortable with Mid-Atlantic. They gave us a good quote which wasn’t the cheapest but it appeared to have a quality behind it. Also, with the strong recommendation that we had from our friend, who had been very pleased with the work that they had done, we decided to hire them to do the job.

The house was sold and the warranty, which seemed strong, was passed onto the couple that bought it. However, we had an additional problem but it had nothing to do with the work that they did. It was an additional leak that was found in the foundation wall and Mid-Atlantic came back and fixed that for us and they did not charge us for it. They were very prompt and they said that they recognize the problem. They said that it’s something that would have been taken care of had they known about it. They were very professional and they did a great job. They met our expectations and we were pleased with all the communications that we had with the reps. The work was done on time and done extremely well.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

We had a water leakage in the front of our house into our basement and Mid-Atlantic put a drain in front of the basement and a sump pump. Since then, we never had any problem. They did a great job and I would recommend them to anybody.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

When the basement flooded one too many times, I looked into it and found Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing. A gentleman came out, did a quote and I went along and signed up. He described the process and the benefits of the waterproofing and having a backup sump pump. He set up the appointment for them to come out and do the work. It was an all-inclusive meeting.

Mid-Atlantic offered to do the French drain, the waterproofing and sump pump installation. They had a reasonable financing program. They also offered to install a backup sump pump. The installers came and did their work and kept the house clean. The waterproofing they did made a major difference and I haven't had a problem since. The only problem I had was the price. It was really expensive. Plus, after I had the time to check out other companies, I found that I could have found another company that was a little bit more cost effective. However, it's worth it if I don't have to worry about the basement flooding again. I'm satisfied.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

During the hurricane several years ago, the basement was flooded. So, we called Mid-Atlantic and they came out and installed waterproofing after we had it all cleaned up. The sales reps seemed very knowledgeable and the installers were very good as well. Everything seems to be working fine. When we have a lot of rain, it pumps the water out. However, it's making a sound as though something’s running all the time. But Mid-Atlantic's good overall and they were cooperative. We would recommend them.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

Mid-Atlantic was the quickest to come out and respond among the other waterproofing companies, so I used them to do work in a home that I renovated in Fort Washington. A young guy who came out and moved fairly quickly. They installed a vapor barrier in a crawlspace and their services were expensive, but they were competent and completed the job in a timely manner. Mid-Atlantic is a solid company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing?

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

When my house was built, I had a drain put under it. Then I had some issues with my sump pump and excess water circulating around the house. So I reached out to Mid-Atlantic. I went with them based on some reviews as well as the type of system they're assisting on. Their sales representative was very pleasant, very accommodating and engaged. I got a new drainage system placed in and they replaced all the pipes underneath my basement before putting in the new sump pump. Since then, the water is being pumped out pretty efficiently.

My one concern is that since the system was put in, I noticed that there appears to have been a shift in my foundation. I can tell by some of the things I’m seeing inside the house where it shifted to the left a little bit, which is where most of the water was circulating and pooling. So, I have to figure out what I need to do about that. It's just a minor thing though. Then there's one battery that the alarm continues to sound off. My husband has already addressed that with Mid-Atlantic and they’re ordering a new battery. Other than that, the system is working fine and overall, I had a positive experience with Mid-Atlantic. Although they were a bit pricey and I spent more than I expected, I agreed to it and their customer service was good. I would recommend them.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

We had a basement that needed to be refigured in the way that it was prior. Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing was the first one we approached and we had a very good experience with them. I liked the way that they had done things and how they were presented. The salespeople were very courteous and that’s all it took for us to decide. I found what I wanted and the presentation was what I needed for that time.

They redid everything from all the way of the inside of the walls eight years ago. We ripped out everything and started from a foundation. They did the whole basement, redid the gutters, put in all those things that take out the ground evaporation for moisture and then put the sump pumps at either end of the house. Everything is the way it should have been and the installers were very good. We had a main contractor do everything for the whole house before we moved in and even he said that he was very impressed. The work was exquisite so we’re very happy as a client. We would recommend Mid-Atlantic.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

Mid-Atlantic did a good waterproofing job in my basement a few years ago and it’s been dry since then. I had water in the basement and Mid-Atlantic was a little cheaper than the other two companies I had quotes from. Their guys were all nice, polite and knowledgeable too. They told me what they were going to do and how long I had to keep stuff off the top just to make sure it would dry. They put things away after they were done and cleaned up as well. Since we’ve had their services, I haven't had any water problems since and my cat likes it down there now.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

Every time we had a heavy rain, our basement would flood. At that time, Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing had been in business much longer than a lot of other places. We also looked at the comments that were posted online and we were pleased with what we saw. They were very professional when they came and evaluated the place. They let us know what was needed, what was happening and why it was happening so we decided to go with them. They explained to us what they were going to do and since I was here the whole time, they kept me in the loop. They had to jackhammer in the flooring and all the way around the perimeter of the house. They also had to bring in all the gravel and do a French drain. The job was done in a timely manner and was completed in three days. Their solution met our needs and since they did that work over 10 years ago, we had not had a flood from heavy rain.

But we had peeling on the walls down in the basement a year ago. We took the peeling down, put up some other stuff, and there was one wall that was damp. I called Mid-Atlantic and they came out the very next day, took care of the problem, and we haven’t had any issues. They also installed two sub pumps which still work until now. When it rains, we can hear the pumps cut on and push the water out away from the house. If I would ever have problems with water in the basement, I would call them again with no hesitation. They did an outstanding job and I’ve referred a couple of people to them as well.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

Water was in the basement of the row house I had in Washington, DC about 6 years ago and I called two companies to give me an estimate. I chose Mid-Atlantic because I heard their name before in relation to waterproofing. They waterproofed the whole basement and I didn't have to wait a long time for them to get it done. They were efficient and the job seemed to hold. They also found a little snake that was about eight inches long outside the door basement, and they told me they're going to add it to the price. They were very nice and it was a very good relationship.

Mid-Atlantic did the job at my house in Maryland, too. I was going to waterproof all four sides of the whole basement, but they told me that the whole back side of the house would not need to be waterproofed and that we wouldn't have any trouble with that, so I didn't tell them to waterproof it. The house is on a little slope with the front part up a little and the back part downhill a little bit. But now, I'm having trouble with water coming in the basement door and that side of the wall is damp. And so I've got to have the basement and the whole room done. Still, Mid-Atlantic is a reliable company, the rep was very good, and their work is satisfactory. While I'm not completely satisfied with the suggestion not to do the whole thing, I would recommend them to a friend.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

We've been in this house for 50 years and we never had water in our basement. However, at this particular time we had a little water in our basement twice. It was not much but enough to make us aware that there was a problem. We called Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing and they came and we had it done. They were all very good and very confident. They were also all hard-working and they did a good job. We never had water again and we were very pleased. I would recommend them.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

The county allowed houses to be built without adhering to code and the law. The water table was raised and water was coming up to my basement floor. I had to have three pumps installed with back-up, and it cost me $30,000 to have everything waterproofed. Mid-Atlantic did well. Their installation team had to dig up my basement and it was a mess, but as well as they could. I also had to have Mid-Atlantic replace the pumps. I'd recommend them. Waterproofing is expensive, and you might as well hire people who know what the devil they’re doing. In fact, I have recommended them to friends looking for people to do their waterproofing. One of my friends who did not go with them still has a wet basement.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

We had a leaky basement, and my husband used to go down there with a Shop-vac. It can suck up so much and he would cart it upstairs. But after my husband passed away, I was doing it and it was too heavy, so I can’t do it. I had to climb six stairs to go and dump it. So, I got Mid-Atlantic three years ago and they were here one day. We had to move everything into the middle of the room so they can work on the French drain. They had to dig all around the foundation on the inside, and they cleaned up after themselves. I had problem with a pump, so I called them up. They sent a guy and it was fixed. Mid-Atlantic was a Godsend, and I thank them every time it rains.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017
I had water in the basement and I ordered water removal system from Mid-Atlantic to pump the water out. The rep who I spoke with answered my questions and wasn't pushy. The guys who came over were also very nice. After the service, the basement is not getting flooded anymore and the pump system has done its job.

But the two guys that installed the pump system hardly explained anything before they left. It was 11 o'clock at night and they really wanted to get finished and get going.

So when the water was coming in the floor and looked like it was going to overtake the pump, I got worried and called them up about that. The lady at the office referred me to the installer who then told me not to worry because we have two pumps down there and that would not happen with the way they were set up. It was one of those deals where there was a misunderstanding or lack of information and it would have been better if they explained things at the beginning a little more after the pump was installed.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

I liked Mid-Atlantic's experience, technology, and guarantee. A representative called and made an appointment. And then, they came to the house and got a full inspection of the basement and they came upstairs and put out a presentation. They gave specific recommendations and explained why they would be doing what they would be doing and the benefits. I agreed with them and got a full basement waterproofing package. The installation team was very thorough and professional. They explained everything that I asked and went above and beyond. I was impressed with Mid-Atlantic's product, their installation and their warranty. It gave me a comforting feeling knowing that my house was protected and I'd highly recommend them.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

I used to have water in the basement all the time. Then I’ve read about Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing from a newspaper and got their services because of their cost. They were good, did their job, cleaned up well, and the basement has been good ever since. I got a lifetime guarantee so I can pass it on to the people who will buy this house next. Mid-Atlantic even called back five years ago and asked me if I had any trouble. It has been a wonderful experience.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

Mid-Atlantic's presentation was excellent and the system that they showed me made sense so I thought it was going to work. They did an amazing job. My only major problem was they didn't seal the basement well enough and I had a massive cleanup. I had cement dust over everything. I had to empty every kitchen cabinet out, wash everything, and put it back. My entire linen closet was a mess and I washed every towel and every sheet. But other than that, the men were polite, they came when they said they were going to come, and they cleaned up their area and I haven't had a flood yet so, I'm pleased. I would recommend them.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

We had basement flooding so we sought Mid-Atlantic's services. I went with them because I liked the basin for their pump, the product they put against the foundation and the walls that deflects water, as well as the product they put in the lower air port in the cinder block. I started with their waterproofing services then they caulked the fiber stripping on it, which stabilized my block wall. The installation team did a fantastic job. They were very clean and worked fast. However, they had to come out and repair a leak in one of the corners but they were out right away and they were prompt. The experience has been outstanding. I have recommended them to a friend, and they had the guys come out and do his basement.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

My basement gets flooded all the time. There is a Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing building where I pass by all the time, that's why I called them. Their salesperson came in the evening. However, he was a little pushy. We have to sign the contract that day in order to get the price. It was also expensive but the work is good. The people who did the work was on time, finished on time and cleaned up after themselves. We haven't had any problems since then. Any amount of rain is good and it is not a problem anymore.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

I had some moisture in my basement and it started to get some mold. I heard about Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing from someone else who had used them. Some of the people who came in from another company gave me prices that would make my hair stand up. They gave me a price of $45,000. They were also going to sandblast the beams above and put plastic sheeting over all the walls and it's ridiculous. While Mid-Atlantic trenched all the way around. They put in three sump pumps and the installers were all good. I had a couple of things that needed correction after and they came back. No argument from them. They seemed to try to do their job and to satisfy. Since then, I see not a drop of water. I recommended them to a neighbor.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

My mother-in-law referred Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing and we bought a sump pump and drains from them. Their representatives were excellent and the installation team did a good job. Their service was wonderful and it really helped and made a difference. Overall, we're happy with our waterproofing and we've already recommended Mid-Atlantic to others.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

We were at an exhibit in Lancaster and we knew we had problems in our basement. There were other basement people there but Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing happened to be the first stand that got our attention. We got the basement waterproofing service from them in spring of this year and the workers who were here were very hardworking. They stuck with the job and we were impressed. Since then, we have not noticed any water problems.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2017

I was having a water leakage into my basement through the cinder block wall. Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing’s good reputation and their promise that they’d fix the problem made me go with them. When I initially heard the cost involved, I was shocked. I didn't expect the repair would cost that much. Their installation team, which was a group of young men, came on the appointed day. They worked hard and they put in long hours to get the job done quickly. They created a bit of dirt, but they made an attempt to clean up most of the mess. I was very pleased but not 100% to my white standards. Nevertheless, I don't have a drop of water coming in my basement since they did their work. Even though I was shocked at the price, I'm very happy I had the issue worked on because the repair was advertised 100% perfect as far as fixing my problem.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing did our sump pump system two years ago and partnered with Chesapeake Mold to do the mold remediation. I've had no complaints except that they're awfully expensive but I didn't price it against a lot of other people. For the problem that we had and the fact that the insurance didn't help cover any of it, we burned a lot of our retirement budget on it. So, we got screwed but the insurance company is partly to blame. We had the sump pump drainage problem and a mold pop-up inside the garage. The techs put pumps in that were higher rated than the original. They did that at cost and didn't charge us for any of that and with other minor stuff. So overall, I very highly recommend them.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

Mid-Atlantic had the better idea for waterproofing my basement than the way the others had theirs planned out. Their representative came out of the house, sat with us, and went over everything. He told us what they were going to do and that's what they did. Their installation crew was great. They showed me what they were doing, so I knew what was going on, and they did the work really well.

Before, the concrete had cracked underneath. When we get a fair amount of rain, it would seep up through the crack and it would be flooded down there in the basement. We had a drainage system in, but this was out in the middle of the floor. So as the water comes around the bottom of the floor, it would come up. It sat on the crack and come in. This was all the way around the outside edge. Now, Mid-Atlantic’s system is below the concrete, so it drains all the water to a different new sump pump. It works great. There’s no more water in my basement. I would definitely recommend Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing, in fact, I already have.

Original review: June 11, 2017

My neighbor cut the trees down to build a larger home. As a result, I was getting so much water in my basement so I called Mid-Atlantic. Their people were very personable and the technicians came and showed me what they were doing. I got the waterproofing services, and they put some sump pump in. Then they cleaned up afterwards. I didn’t think that my basement would dry up and work as well as they were telling me. I had no water coming in and I was surprised. On the other hand, they left an object that would make my basement smell good but I didn't understand how to use it. Other than that, Mid-Atlantic did a very good work and I was very satisfied. They said if I recommended someone, they would send me a gift of $100, which they did.

Original review: June 10, 2017

We had our basement radon proof which filled in the French drain and caused a moisture problem that resulted in mold. We got Mid-Atlantic to the job and the sales rep that I spoke to was adequate. The installation team did a good job. They put in some sump pumps and the mold is gone. I would recommend them.

Original review: June 5, 2017

We had been flooded at one time when the power was out and the sump pump wouldn’t go on. We had waterproofing in the basement, digging all around and putting the bleed pipes down and pumping it outside. That was about six years ago and we haven’t had a problem since. The sales reps were courteous and the installers were very good.

Original review: June 1, 2017

We’ve been having problems with some water that comes down in our basement if it rains hard. And because my wife had talked to Mid-Atlantic at a show for home repairs and home buildings, we called them for an estimate. The guy who came out was good and wasn't pushy, but said, “Oh, you should get this done.” It's kind of a sales pitch. We didn’t shop around anymore and we just went with them.

We purchased the drainage system with a sump pump where they put the drainage around the outside walls of the basement in the house. The installation team seemed pretty knowledgeable. The guy who was in charge was running the crew and there were some younger guys who work with him. They were good but they didn't do everything they were supposed to do such as the treatment in the basement. Also, it’s supposed to be a two-day thing and they kinda rushed through it and got it done. But since then, we don’t have such a musty smell in our basement like we did.

Another thing was we had agreed on the price when the guy came out and took a look. He went to talk to the office out in his car on his phone and got us a better price. But the guys who came to do the work didn’t have the discounted price on their paperwork and they ended up having to call the office and get a hold of somebody to get it because I wasn’t gonna pay an extra couple of thousand dollars that they wanted when they have agreed on a lower price. They were able to make it right. And overall, my experience with Mid-Atlantic was pretty good and they’re pretty nice about everything.

Original review: May 26, 2017

There were water damages on my basement.I had to have trenches and rods run through my walls. After so many months, particularly when it’s dry, I have to put the gadget on the wall to tighten the pumps. My daughter found Mid-Atlantic in a paper and gave it to me because I was having problems. I tried it on my own to see what they could do for me and it turned out very well. I also got deductions on the whole thing. The sales reps were very polite to me. They tried to help me whenever and assisted me the right way. The people I worked with worked very well with me. I took their advice, went forward and had what I had to get done.

The only thing that I was concerned about it was my walls because they were crackin’ and I even had rods went under the ground where my driveway was. But, I have had a Mid-Atlantic for almost five years and so far, I've had a very, very good experience with them. I would give Mid-Atlantic’s name to people who are having problems. They have helped me very much.

Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing Company Information