4.48/5
Based on 81 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

New England

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing is the premier provider of water management services. Having been in the business for over 50 years, Mid-Atlantic specializes in basement waterproofing, crawl space waterproofing as well as foundation repair for residential and commercial clients. Our awards speak to the high quality of workmanship and customer service we provide.

A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Last updated: April 18, 2018

1661 Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 18, 2018

I liked Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing's price and their sales representatives' politeness. I had them put our pumping system, and I’m not getting any water in the house anymore. The installation team went about their business in a businesslike way. They used a jackhammer to hammer into the flooring and then put the piping system around. And I didn't like that they didn’t clean up the flooring after they were done. The flooring was a mess and I had a lot of cleaning up to do. Still, if my friends needed somebody, I'd tell them to give Mid-Atlantic a call.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: April 17, 2018

We were having water coming into the floor of our attached garage and we wanted to correct that. My husband called Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing and they saw what our problems were. We knew that we had water, but we didn’t know why we had water. We lived in the house for many years and so we wanted to know why. So a salesman came out and talked to us about it and showed us his solution to get rid of the water in the garage. I had a couple of others on the list but this salesman came out and talked to my husband and to me. And my husband, after they talked, went through the whole process of what he thought that we needed to do, how it should be done and it was a long process.

Mid-Atlantic put in two sump pumps. We live in tri-level and they said that sump pump had to go underneath one part of the house and another one had to go in the garage and that would take the moisture out because our house is on slant area and those two areas need to be done. And that our cross base under our house needed to have put down a plastic and up on the walls. There were also the cement blocks that were the base of the house that we needed to drill into those because the water went into those and that needed to be drained out. He explained the whole process that was quite amazing. It took them a week for the entire process. Then something didn’t seem to be working right. They came back and did something else because part of what they did wasn’t complete. I think we were over-engineered. And my end question was always, "How much?" And it took a while to get to that point.

We do not have any more water coming into the garage so that was corrected. They dug up part of our cement flooring in the garage and they had to put down a tube to drain things out with this sump pump. So part of the garage floor is smooth and part of where they dug out my garage floor, they put in more cement but it’s not smooth, it’s not neat. But they put in all the waterproofing down under there up on the walls and they did everything. They did what they said they were going to do, and they drilled holes in the side of the house and put out white pumps to drain out water.

The sales representative was very nice and a very personable man. He lives in the north of Richmond, so we had a way to come down here to talk to us about it. All of that was pleasant. Also, their installation team were polite and I had no problems with them. But I think it was a lot more expensive than I wanted to spend for that particular kind of problem.

Original review: April 8, 2018

We had a leaky wall in the basement and there was water getting in. There was a neighbor in the area that used Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing before so my Dad chose them. They put in two sump pumps and they did like a trench last September. Their sales rep was fine but was a little too chatty but that was part of the deal and it's what he does so, that's all right. Their foreman was excellent though he had his hands full with one of the two workers. He listened to my folks and to me. He kept us updated on everything he was up to and what he was gonna do. He seemed to do a very good job whatever he was doing. He's been with the company a while too and that showed as well. He took pride in his job.

After their repair, the basement doesn't have any water in it. I was concerned there's the wall where there was a crack. They fixed it but it's not necessarily water, but it's like this crusty stuff coming through what they just patched. It may be water on the other side but it just doesn't look right. Also, there's baby hairline cracks in the cement that they put in that makes me a little nervous. We need to get somebody out here to double check the workmanship of Mid-Atlantic.

Original review: April 1, 2018

We got waterproofing services from Mid-Atlantic for our basement. The project was completed in a couple of days, and everything went fine. I’m very happy with Mid-Atlantic, and I'd tell my friends to go for it.

Original review: March 28, 2018

I like Mid-Atlantic's program and materials better than other waterproofing companies, and the cost was competitive as well. I lost $2,000 worth of carpet in my basement. And their sales representative came here and gave me an estimate and explained what they were going to do. He was very thorough in his explanation, very professional, and very knowledgeable. They did a trench in the basement and put in a sump pump and they reinforced some of the walls.

The crew who came out was great. There were a job foreman and three younger fellows who did the heavy lifting. The younger ones didn't talk that much, but the job foreman didn't have any problem with my going down and checking on them and seeing what was going on. They did their job and they were very professional and fast. And so far, the dampness isn't there anymore, and there's no water coming in anywhere that I can see. I would recommend Mid-Atlantic.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing?

Original review: March 26, 2018

We had water in the basement and I had a pump put in from Mid-Atlantic. The installer came in and checked everything downstairs. He put plastic on the doors for the dust. He was great and I haven't gotten water after that. It was a very good experience.

Original review: March 25, 2018

We had a lot of rain and I had this funny situation. I had moved across the street and my neighbor said that their basement was flooded. I said "We've been really lucky. We've been here 18 years and never had a problem." I walked in the house, opened the basement door, looked downstairs and sure enough, I had water. And almost all the houses in the area in our street had problems. Mid-Atlantic told us what they would do and where they'd put the pump. They also told us where the hole would be and what it would look on the wall. They cleaned up after themselves and did a good job, and we haven't had water since. We had a good experience overall.

Original review: March 23, 2018

It was raining and it caused my basement to get flooded. I was looking at three waterproofing companies. And eventually, I had a meeting with all three of them at the same time, and Mid-Atlantic had the best product and the best price. I had them install a sump pump. And it was the kind that you have to install to pin on the side of the basement, and it was very nicely done. I was happy with Mid-Atlantic's services. And when I had a problem, they came out and corrected it. The technicians explained what they were going to be doing, which was tearing up my whole basement floor, and it had to be done in order to install the sump pumps. And there was a lot of dust around there, but they came in, they covered up all of our furniture down there. Then once it was all over, they did a good job cleaning up well. They were completely done with everything in three days.

Now, my basement is dry. When I hear big rain, I always started to panic because I knew what it meant. And after having the sump pump installed, when it rained, I just rested and there was no more stress. I would tell my friends to use Mid-Atlantic. They can trust the company, I've used them and I've never had any bad feedback on their equipment or what they had said they were going to do.

Original review: March 22, 2018

I had a leak in the basement and had a sump pump from Mid-Atlantic put in. They called and came by, and I was pretty pleased. They're a good company and I had a good experience with them.

Original review: March 20, 2018

I wanted to upgrade the septic so I went to Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing. The sales rep were polite, courteous, and knowledgeable. And the installation team was good and fast.

Original review: March 18, 2018

Mid-Atlantic was the most local company that we could find. We’re in Annville and that was in Harrisburg. We had a trench dug in the circumference of the basement and piping put in as well as a sump pump. The project took a couple of days to complete and they were great. After the installation, the workers covered and cleaned everything up. So far, we haven’t had any problems and the only thing we had to do was get the pump replaced since it was put in. Other than that, we have their number and if anything happens with the pump, we would give them a call. I would recommend Mid-Atlantic to our friends and tell them that if they get water on a regular basis, they should call the company and have them install their waterproofing products. I don’t know what other methods to use, but what they did for us was good.

Original review: March 11, 2018

Mid-Atlantic wasn’t the cheapest but they were the one that seemed to be doing the best work based on other people that have used them. I had a leaky basement and they came in, kept up everything and kept the dust down, then they cleaned up after themselves. It was hassle-free for the most part. The foreman was very professional with me and they worked with me very well.

Original review: March 3, 2018

We had trouble with the water in the basement, and we called Mid-Atlantic and had the work done. They put a sump pump in the basement and the workmanship was terrific. They worked very hard given a short amount of time. We were having flood in there and ever since they put the sump pump in, we’ve used it only twice. So, things worked out. There must have been a leaky pipe on the street and it got repaired, which seems to solve the problem.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

Six years ago, water kept getting into my basement every time it was raining. I hired somebody else to do something else for me before, but it only worked for a while then the water kept coming again. I then called Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing. They came on time and did their job. So far, no water has been coming in since they came.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

We had a very bad basement. It used to flood there every time it rained. Since I had that problem, I asked someone about Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing and then their people came in and inspected our basement. One of them explained what would go on if we don't do something. The team that came to install the waterproofing worked very hard. They were able to finish everything in two days. Overall, Atlantic Waterproofing did an excellent job.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

The experience with Mid-Atlantic was excellent. I wanted to stop the leak in my basement and got their service. The salesman presented himself excellently and he was good. The installation was a new experience for me. The team who did that explained everything to me as thorough as they possibly could and I went along with the program. I'd recommend Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing to others.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

Every time it rained, we had water in the basement. The sales rep from Mid-Atlantic explained everything. We went down in the basement and he showed me the damage and what occurs if I did not do anything. It was pretty clear. Then, the installation team came in and they knocked it out in two days. They were super. This happened four months ago, and my experience with Mid-Atlantic was really good. I would recommend this company.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

I saw Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing at the farm show building and I needed their services because water was coming in our basement. Installation went very well. The installers were very good and they were done in a couple of days. I would recommend this company.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

We had Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing put in a French drain in our basement four years ago. Their work was acceptable and they kept their word. They did everything they told me they were going to do.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

There was a lot of surface water that was working its way into the house and we wanted to keep the basement dry. We didn’t want all that water and slowly being pumped by what we had at that time. Once the workers from Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing came, they were told what to do. They were very quiet and very busy. They did their work and didn’t bother anybody. They were very good in that respect.

With this drain and everything we had, the product from Mid-Atlantic worked properly and it was pumping stuff like it should. We paid a big price for it. We’ve got this big, double, heavy cables stretched across the one whole length of the one part of the basement, but I was disappointed that we didn’t have an electrician come over and put the outlet handy by the pumps. I would have preferred for the outlet to have been pumping out the side of the house, not in front of the house. But it's functioning. They are there but there could have been some more input on what we felt was going to be better for us.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

The experience with Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing was favorable. I have since sold that home and it has been a few years. But their presentation appealed to me and the guarantee as well. I invited them out to make a presentation in person and I was satisfied with everything. So, I had my basement waterproofed by them. Their sales rep was good and he answered my questions. The installers were good too and the final result was satisfying. They did a good job, and I certainly would recommend them if anybody would ask me. People would do well if they use Mid-Atlantic.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

Needed a waterproofing system, they failed to send a project foreman as promised. Their website is full of lies and their salespeople are con artists. They rush hired workers in to do a job and then strong arm payment. Overcharge you double what other companies charge. There needs to be a class action suit against them.

UPDATE ON 01/10/2018: They oversold us (they require both husband and wife to sign contract so they can sneak behind the other person's back and do things without spousal approval) and never sent the alleged "project manager" to do a walk around and discuss what actually need to be done. Instead some non-English speaking day laborers came while I was work and started working. In the process they removed a brand new $6,000 system for my wife's asthma, damaged $2,000 worth of flooring and electrical outlet. I returned home on a Saturday night to find the men sitting in my driving smoking-handed me a cell phone where some unknown person demanded payment on the spot. After that the company used strong-arm tactics like threatening to sue to force payment. Will not accept responsibility.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

I got Mid-Atlantic’s basement waterproofing service in 2012. Their sales representative was great and very professional. They had financing for me with Wells Fargo, which sold it to me right away. Also, I like their guarantee wherein even if I don’t own the house, so whoever buys it gets the guarantee. Their installation team was nice. Luckily, I live in the country and I have a section where I have a dump stone and they could take the cement and dump it back there still so the removal was easy for them.

They had to jackhammer and I could only afford to do two walls instead of four and then they put the sump pump in. The only problem was the dust. I know it could not be avoided, but they didn't clean up after. It was a lot of work cleaning up the dust and there was no way to control it. But at least they got the sump pump in and the dampness is much better now and under control. The service was good and nothing was flooded since then.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

Our basement was flooded. Mid-Atlantic put in a drain system and a new sump pump. The sales rep was very knowledgeable and very professional. The installation team came on time and did a great job. Since then my basement hasn’t flooded again. It was a good experience and they got the job done.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2017

Back in 2012, the basement was humid so we were looking for somebody to do that. Mid-Atlantic came up when we looked around the internet and they did waterproofing in the basement. Everything was taken care of. Plus, the person who assisted our issue was all right though he was a little animated. I had a good experience with Mid-Atlantic and I’d use them again if I have the need for them.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

I came home one day, then my wife and I were talking about getting the basement taken cared of. She then suggested Mid-Atlantic. It was a matter of getting it done and then Mid-Atlantic came in. We went over the offer and it was more an impulse type vibe for us. We had their waterproofing service. My wife got in touch with them and had their service schedule. The salesman was fine and we ended up going through with the waterproofing. My wife and I went down ahead of time and clean things out of the way for the installation team. It's showing respect in both ways.

It was a simple and clean job. There were a couple of hiccups from a foundation standpoint. Which they were right on working with us and asking us what would they do and what we want to do. This is typically what they do in that situation. There wasn't a dribble of water in the basement since their service which was good as that was the goal. Mid-Atlantic satisfied and met the goal. The one thing though that they said would happen would be the surface cracks from the concrete. I called in a couple years back and had them come in. Since then, a few more had developed. So, I’m letting it settle for a bit more, and then I’ll call the guys back in again.

Overall, the process was well from start to finish. I liked their financing abilities, which helped. As far as improvement, it would be those little white plastic things that they hammered the top, to the foundations and let air escape. Some of them pinned over during hammering, whether it was not directly centered in the hole. That was fine when it comes to functionality. But from an aesthetic standpoint, the ones that are flushed to the surface look much better than the ones that are pinned over like a nail head that pins over to the side. That would be more of a product improvement. When I hit the wrong plastic things, it screwed. Nevertheless, I’d still recommend them to others.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing has always been great. When we purchased our home they did the waterproofing. I didn't know how to check that the sump pump was working properly so I needed their service. The tech came and he showed me step by step. He was very knowledgeable about what he was doing and I was happy when it was completed. I feel secure since he did what he did. No water's going through the basement so I know that the waterproofing is working.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2017

My mother was having recurrent flooding in her basement so I did some research on the internet for waterproofing and found Mid-Atlantic. We decided on getting their services given their reputation and because of the excellent experience we had with their sales rep. He was very knowledgeable and informative, and he knew what he was talking about. Their team was here in July and they dug up all the cement around the perimeter on the floor, put in a trough and had a sump pump in for the water to go out. The men were hard workers and they did a good job. But my mother and my sister were concerned because they did not wear any protective masks over their eyes. It was not good for them because they didn’t open the windows in the basement.

The whole process was hellish because of all the work we had just cleaning and moving everything before and after they were here. We had to prepare the basement for them. But it wasn’t anything that they did. Although they did not cover up everything like they said they were going to so there was quite a bit of cement there when they're done.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

We had done our basement twice. We finished it and everything, but we ended up having to do everything over again because of water coming in. This time, I wanted to be sure by waterproofing my basement before I decided to refinish the basement again. Although Mid-Atlantic was more expensive, I liked how well they backed up what they were going to do and their warranty stuff, too. Also, the sales rep gave a good presentation and spent a lot of time in my house. I wanted it done right and they were going to do it the right way.

They were really good. They set a date up and they gave me a discount if I had at that date. Then I turned around, they had a week earlier. They came back to me and offered it to me a week earlier at a lower price. The only thing I had a problem with was that when they made the lower price getting it completed. I had to call couple times and tell them I wanted it something going to be done because I didn’t get any bills yet. And when I got the bills, it was two months late and they wanted to charge me a late charge. I didn't have to go through all that when I made arrangements with them and they changed the terms of the contract. Other than that, I was happy with them. The installers answered any questions that my son had and they showed him what they were doing.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

Back in '99 Mid-Atlantic put a new drain system in my basement. They installed the sump pumps and the plumbing system. Then I needed a new battery and it cost $1600. Mid-Atlantic is good and reasonable. I'd recommend them.

Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing specializes in foundation repair and drying out basements. The long-standing company is known for its reliable residential and commercial services.

• Lots of experience: With 50 years in the business, few basement waterproofing companies have as much experience.

• Free home inspections: Customers can get an opinion on their water issues with no obligation.

• Multiple locations: Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing provides service in nine states from Connecticut to Virginia and Washington, D.C.

• Top-notch foundation piering systems: For structural repairs, Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing uses the DynaPier® system, considered among the strongest in the industry.

• Comprehensive services: From mold and mildew prevention to sump pump installation, Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing covers all the bases.

• Best for: Homeowners and businesses who want to prevent or fix water seepage issues.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs