It's that easy Request Information
4.27/5
Based on 89 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

New England

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing is the premier provider of water management services. Having been in the business for over 50 years, Mid-Atlantic specializes in basement waterproofing, crawl space waterproofing as well as foundation repair for residential and commercial clients. Our awards speak to the high quality of workmanship and customer service we provide.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

1685 Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

We were getting a lot of damp, even with the dehumidifier. There was water coming in, slightly, but not that much, that was why I asked Mid-Atlantic to come in and check it out. Mid-Atlantic has a great reputation and they stood up to it. They dug the trench, they did the French drain, and then they also put a sump pump in the corner. The only complaint I have is that there was only one guy that spoke English, and he was in and out. But they did a great job and I already have recommended Mid-Atlantic. If others will have water issues in their basement, it's a lot easier to have Mid-Atlantic than try and do it themselves. It would've taken twice as long and they wouldn't have gotten the quality. Mid-Atlantic knows what they're doing and they have a reasonable price too.

Get expert buying tips about Basement Waterproofing delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing looked like they had been around for quite a few years and other reviews seemed to indicate that they were good at their craft, so I went with them. The sales representative and the installation itself were fine. They waterproofed the basement and the guys did a good job. But after it was installed, I had a couple of issues that I was trying to hash out and they were very unresponsive in getting back to me. There were a couple of minor things that they had to come back and take care of and I had some questions on. I called to speak to several people and different managers and I left messages. They were supposed to call me back but they never did. Then, I finally got through to somebody and, weeks later, they came through and handled the issue. I would recommend Mid-Atlantic but I would tell others about my experience with follow-up.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

We had worked on our house in Allentown, Pennsylvania years ago and I was pleased with what Mid-Atlantic did then. We were happy with the Allentown results so we went with them when we had a leakage in our house here coming in from the outside. The sales reps were okay but when they found out that we wound up using Mid-Atlantic, they were a little pushy as far as that was concerned. But the installation team was fine. They put a real thick tar on the outside and also black plastic and they filled in the ditch with the dirt. Also, they cleared up the flooding part. They took pictures of what they were doing and sent those to us. They’re coming again and there’s still a bit of dirt coming in but it has held up. We’ve had a lot of rain and no leakage has occurred.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

My basement was flooding during severe weather conditions. Mid-Atlantic put in a French drain. The work was fine, but it took several years for us to finally get rid of all the dust that was left over. I wish they would work on that, and they'd have somebody to come back and clean it up because we couldn't clean it up with a vacuum cleaner. It would just go right through the vacuum cleaner and blow out the other side. It would just stir up more dust. We tried to mop it up, but then when it dried, it was still there. However, they solved the problem with the flooding and cleaning up wasn't their responsibility.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

We were getting a little bit of water in our basement. So when we were walking around the builder show and the gentlemen at Mid-Atlantic asked if we had any water in our basement, that started the ball rolling. I thought I would make an appointment and see what they had to offer. I had had another company come but I wasn't interested in doing it at the time. So these guys from Mid-Atlantic basically hit me right at the right time. We ended up doing the full installation, which included one sump pump and I was really impressed with the job they did.

I couldn't believe that the installation guys did the job in two days. It was on a Saturday and a Sunday too, which I was really impressed with. Before coming out, they called to see if they could come earlier than anticipated. I couldn't change my schedule but my wife was there. I told her what to tell them and they totally reacted to everything. So I couldn't be any happier with those guys. And they worked extremely hard. They had to hand-bucket the dirt, the stone and the concrete in five-gallon buckets and they did a really nice job.

But the salesperson said something while giving the presentation that did not occur in the installation. And that was the only issue that I was extremely disappointed in. He didn't know where they were gonna put the submersible sump pump and I was concerned about the electrical. He said that they would run an extension cord but it had to be one that the company provided, not one that I would give to the guy when they got here. Otherwise, the warranty would be null. But when I said that to the gentleman who was installing, he was totally puzzled. He didn't know what I was talking about. But I called the office right away and explained the situation to them, and they reacted extremely fast. They shipped the extension cord and within two days, I got it.

When you call Mid-Atlantic, you talk to a person. You don't talk to a recording. And if you leave a message or if the person you wanna talk to is not available, they get back to you. You don't have to call them back. The salesperson that I had was not that way. But the main office was excellent. I could bypass everything. There was more good that outweighed the salesperson who came to the house. The people at Mid-Atlantic were very efficient, dependable and caring. They definitely cared about the issue I had with my Bilco door. It's just a minor issue and they still said they would address the problem and make it right. I'm very happy with them.

Mid-Atlantic is an awesome company and I would definitely recommend them. The system wasn't cheap but it's one of the best investments that I've made for my house. Some of the negative comments online about waterproofing installation is the dirt and naturally, you're gonna have that. But I didn't see any negativity about the system not working. In fact, it has really saved us. With what's going on right now all around Central Pennsylvania, we get saturated. It's the most rain we've had and my basement would be definitely flooded without that system.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing?

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing put two sump pumps in our basement and ran a new system around the house. Their salesman suckered us out into buying it. We were made to believe that we have a water problem and we spent $18,000 that we didn’t need. Also, the installers were nice but they didn’t do a very good job of cleaning up after themselves.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

The house was very old and I had flooding in my basement. Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing put in a system to drain the water away from the walls and away from the house and into a pump. Their sales agent was very knowledgeable and very helpful. He made suggestions, told me things that I didn’t need to do and was very responsive to my individual needs. Then the installers knew what they were doing and they were trying to clean up the house because dust would get everywhere when they jackhammered the existing cement. They were easy to work with, friendly, and they stayed on task. My basement is dry since then and I’ve referred a couple of people to them for future reference. I would definitely go with them again.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

I had water coming from the foundation of my basement. Mid-Atlantic ensured me that their system, (2 Sump Pumps) would solve the problem. I paid an enormous amount of money. Water is still coming into the basement as a result of the same problem. I checked to see if their system collected any water. The pumps were as dry as a desert! In other words Mid-Atlantic's system did less than nothing! Please think twice about using this company!

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

We have a tenant house that we rent out to some people and the basement was flooding. One of their kids does something with maintenance on houses, and she said the company she worked for had used Mid-Atlantic at all times at different tenant houses and they did a great job. She gave them such a high recommendation and said that I use them, so we tried them. Their sales reps and installers were very nice people. They were very professional and competent, and they did a fantastic job. The basement in the tenant house isn't flooding anymore, so the people who live there are happy. I had a great experience with Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing and I would recommend them. I've told my sister about them since she and her husband have a tenant house someplace with a flooding basement.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

We have some occasional problems in the basement so when Mid-Atlantic had a stall at a trade show and what they said made sense, we got their service for the water management. As usual, the salesman lied which seems to be a standard approach. They said they were gonna be doing something but it didn't turn out. The guys who came in did a reasonably good job, but there were quite a few elements which they could have asked us when they decided to do things.

There were also several points which could have been handled better at the start, but they did deal with mainly everything we brought to their attention. They put in a new sump pump and had the water drained right outside the deck in the backyard. So, our access to the yard had become a mud pool. When we brought it the attention of the wider team, somebody came out and dealt with it. Also, there was an existing sump pump that drained to the front of the house. It went through a pipe that comes up right to the curb, which mainly everyone in our apartment has. What they did instead was ignore that and run the water out of the basement into the yard. So, that would have continued to a surface flooding. I asked them why they did that and they told me that I'd have to sign a release telling us that we could use that one and not be liable for anything that went wrong. I asked why didn’t they discuss it with us instead of doing that. So, we got an extra hole in the wall but they fixed it. They plugged up the hole and connected the old sump pump.

Then they ended up stringing the wire to the new sump pump, hanging from the ceiling. We have crazy cats that like to eat wire so we don’t want wires hanging down from the ceiling. It wasn’t unfinished, but it was one that was in active daily use. We told them that couldn’t have been right. but they said that they would need an electrician. I told them they should have said something but they didn’t. So, in the end, we agreed to compromise. They knocked a couple of hundred bucks off the bill. So, they came back on everything and they at least responded.

All seemed fine initially and we had a dry basement. We could switch off the dehumidifiers we had down there, but lately, we've had to switch one back on. It's not that the pump is not working as they're all pumping water out. So, we still have a problem. On the other hand, it's been an unusually wet year as we've had a lot of rain. So, we spent a lot of money and we haven't got a dry basement.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

I had some foundation issues. I did a Google search and found Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing on the internet. There was a number of companies I was trying to go through and the problem was not many companies could actually do the work. I called a number of companies and there was only three or four that were even in the area who would feasibly do the work. Mid-Atlantic was one of the first ones to come out. The salesman came over and got me because my options were very limited. He explained what they could do and discussed the estimate.

Then, the guys showed up when they were supposed to. They excavated the side of my house. They had to knock out part of foundation which is 10 foot in length and 10 foot deep. So, they had to dig a hole 10-foot deep and they get about 20 feet long. They knocked out the wall and rebuild that area because the foundation was messed up. They worked pretty quickly and were professional. They would show me around, what they were doing, and what they had to do next once they were done for the day. Mid-Atlantic is not the cheapest company, but I like the warranties and hopefully everything just stays.

It was done before by another company who did it completely wrong. The company was out of business so, there was no legal action I could take against them. I just had to pay the $27,000 out of my pocket. A lot of builder could do the work. The problem is standing by their work. The people that did that job before me did it wrong and I can’t call them to come out and fix it. So, that’s the big thing. To actually stand by their work 20 years later, I would go with Mid-Atlantic.

Original review: July 25, 2018

I noticed that the great reviews are from install. However, wait until you folks had their system a few years and then you have an issue today. Initially, I thought this company was great, and it was, until recently. Pump broke under warranty in 2015 and it was replaced. The service came out within an hour to assess. However, just this past week, I came home after work and my entire FINISHED basement was flooded. We were just down there the day before and it was fine. I immediately called them and after 3 hrs, finally received a callback. I was told someone would be out next day to service, etc. Ummm, okay... Next day? I called the next day, because I did not hear from them, and was then told they cannot get anyone there until Monday because they do not have any new pumps to put in and it was all covered by warranty including new pumps.

Ummmm, did I mention my basement was flooded and they should just come and service and assess the situation and the pump they put in just few years ago? I mean water was still coming in. They could have done something and did not. They came out on Monday and guy says, "Ohh it is going to cost you $750 to have me put in a new one and not covered under warranty." (Not what they said over phone.) They changed their minds when they get here? Really, I would not let them do it and if I had to pay. I hired a reputable and reliable person to do the job. I don't want to get burned again.

Their lack of response to the situation further exacerbated the conditions and besides the floor, carpets, paint damage, done by a restoration company, at a cost of over $5000, the walls had to be cut up 12 inches because they procrastinated with servicing and the water crept up drywall. So when you see on their brochures and it says "free labor and emergency servicing for the entire period of time you own your home" that is utter bullcrap. When you also hear, PEACE of MIND and no worries, well my friends, WORRY!

They put in products that are crap, I had 2 failed pumps and they know it because I was told that they use a "better" pump now. They assumed pump was broken and should have come out to either bypass, put in a temporary fix, etc. and/or look at it. Also, from the packet inserts, it shows that they may be a part of the manufacturing company. (Not sure about that, but this is being researched) The new pump was manufactured in 2012 and supposedly good for 7 years but Mid-Atlantic says NOPE my warranty is different than the manufacturers'. LOL It was the second one put in and the latest one was 2015.

They may have been good many years ago, but not now... RUN... There are better companies out there with even better warranties. They use better equipment and maintain them to be sure they continue to do their job. Our out of pocket costs, because of the above company, is $6500 so far. I am so upset and have no choice but to tap into my kid's college fund (where I worked super hard to try to add to). I am not a happy mother when anyone does something affecting my kid's future.

Original review: July 10, 2018

About 3 months ago we hired Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing to repair and waterproof our basement and get rid of mold. They fit us in within a week of being hired for the job which seemed awesome. 2 men came and completed the work within the one day. A few minor things had to be completed after inspectors came. Inspectors said all was well and we were good to finish up. It took over 5 calls over 2 weeks to get ahold of someone from Mid-Atlantic again. In that time we had a bad rain. Our basement in the area that was "fixed" flooded. (Before only minor leaks were there). We also noticed an entire area that still had mold.

We put in more calls explaining the problem to multiple people. All we got was "we will try to fit you in asap" (they had no problem getting us in when they wanted our $7,000). Every time we asked to speak to the manager he was supposedly in a meeting. Apparently meetings run all day every day with no time to call dissatisfied customers back for a month straight. (We called at LEAST 15 times in that month.) Now, 3 months later we FINALLY got a call saying they will come next week. Extremely dissatisfied with this company.

Original review: June 29, 2018

We live in a township that doesn’t have a storm floor outside at the corner. Our street is very flood-prone and our yard is all flooded, and I was getting water in the house. Back when I bought the home, the realtor and the previous owner did not have to tell us that they had water problems and that the house flooded when it rained really hard. I bought the house and put a family room in, and everything was flooded out on Christmas Day. Then, when a daycare was built behind my house, it created a little more water issues. I put up with the water for 30 years and now we're starting to see the mold. So, I said that we had to spend a lot of money and get rid of the mold, but it was gonna come back because we wouldn't get rid of the mold if we didn’t get rid of the water.

My wife and I knew that we had a problem, so we searched on the internet for how to get the water out of the basement, and Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing came up, along with six other companies. I did some research and read some reviews of people that had Mid-Atlantic and were happy with their service. It was a lot of money, but I liked what I saw and read, and they weren’t that far away in Pittsburg, so I thought I'd give them a chance and I picked them. Then my wife and the sales rep of Mid-Atlantic who was pretty convincing pushed me into going ahead, although I wasn’t ready to spend that much money, not knowing the positive results, and I wanted to wait and sleep on the decision.

We had to have the whole basement dug out by Mid-Atlantic and they had to put in two sump pumps. We still got a lot of water but they pumped it out. But the first day with the installation team was a shock. They got out of the truck, entered, and started the work. With the jackhammers running in our basement, even though they put a heavy-duty plastic over the basement and they had it tunneled out from the basement to the backdoor, the noise coming up through the floors and the dust were shocking. In the first couple of hours, I was physically sick and the cats were beside themselves. Those guys really worked their butts off in the basement. They had to wear a mask due to what jackhammering creates in a closed space. After they were done with the work, it took me several weeks to get the dirt and the mess in the basement cleaned up. The basement was filled with our stuff since we don’t have a garage, and I had to run a thing to put in the driveway. That was quite an experience.

Since Mid-Atlantic came out and did the work, the results have been good so far. We got rid of the water to get rid of the mold, and it worked. We don’t have any water now in the basement. I just couldn’t put up anymore with going down there and having a couple of inches of water, and having to wait by the steps and sweeping the water to the drain, and then waiting for the floor to be dried. I'm glad that's over and the waterproofing is working.

But we had a problem with one of the pumps which quit on us during the worst rain of the year when we had three days of torrential downpours. So, I frantically called Mid-Atlantic and they came within a day or two. The girl rep was very helpful. The pump was under warranty and the guy replaced the part. I was very happy with the service. For some people that get a lot of water, I'd recommend Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing if they had the money and they could pay for the service. If they don’t get rid of the water, then it would create molds and they're gonna have health issues, but getting the waterproofing done is a big decision.

Original review: June 27, 2018

I had a plumber come in and he suggested calling Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing. So, I did and their reps were all good. They were very nice, informative and did their job. Any questions, they answered. On the other hand, the installation team worked very hard and long hours. It took them three and a half days to complete. They jackhammered and put two new sump pumps, put a new hole in the basement for the other sump pump because we only had one sump pump before. And then, they put stones and piping in, and they had to put cement in. They worked through a little window in the basement. I would recommend Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing.

Original review: June 25, 2018

We've had problems in our basement for years. We're on kind of a hillside so on the side of our house towards the upside of the hill, groundwater was rising, seeping in and coming up around the edges of the basement. Our basement had poured concrete walls but we were taking on way too much water and it was such a mess to clean up after. We had already solved part of the problem by by plugging up a leak that was coming in around our chimney but we still got water in our basement during heavy rains.

We had Mid-Atlantic do waterproofing in our basement. Their installers were great. My husband went out with our big tractor and helped them bring the buckets of stone from a truck. They jackhammered the cement floor and shoveled it out. They draped plastic everywhere to help tuck down on dust from the cement throwing. Thereafter, they put a drain line in and poured concrete over the top of where they dug the channel. They also put in a sump pump with a battery back up. Overall, the installers were just very easy to work with and were very competent in what they were doing. Mid-Atlantic did a great job and we haven't had a problem since they completed the work.

Original review: June 24, 2018

There was water seeping through and we had water in our basement. The whole foundation, underneath where the Mid-Atlantic's team dug around, was wet. We liked Mid-Atlantic's whole system with the pumps. They use their own pumps. Also, the lifetime warranty and our sales guy was pretty good and a nice guy. The installation team that came out showed me how the water was in the wall as they were drilling holes in the block. You could see the water coming out and were explaining why you gotta obviously get that water out. They waterproofed my whole basement, put a drain around, added a sump pump and did a great job.

Original review: June 23, 2018

We had Mid-Atlantic years ago and they were okay but a little overpriced. Our basement would flood so we got waterproofing from them and they put in a French drain. The installation was quick and they got everything done well. The waterproofing worked but when we had a flood after that wasn’t a problem from their job, we had trouble getting someone to patch it up. But once everything was done, it was fine and we had a good experience with them.

Original review: June 22, 2018

The water heater broke, we had that all cleaned up and everything was put back in the basement. We had it all fixed up and when I moved the cabinet around it, behind them was black mold. And so, when my son saw that, we were debating what we were gonna do about it. And then, the next week or so, he went to Hagerstown and saw the pictures of the basement on the wall. He talked to the guy and told him that his mom would like to talk to him.

I’m a home health agent and I knew so many people that had black mold and didn’t do anything about it. I told myself that if I ever get black mold, I would do something about it. We thought of looking at other companies but the guy who came here to tell us about it was very nice, pleasant and wasn’t pushy, and I liked that. I knew that I could work it through my bank and he said he could get it. So then, we decided that that’s where we’re going and we decided at that point that we were gonna do it. I read online some things that were kind of scary about the company didn’t follow through but I had this feeling about this man and I felt like I could trust him.

The sales rep was a nice man but I had to convince myself that I could afford it. Other than that, it was something that I knew I needed to do. I have a special needs son and so, we’re always here at the house and I don’t need to live in that. I got waterproofing services from Mid-Atlantic and they did the French drain around the basement. They were very good.

Since I’m 75, my basement was storage and really packed. They promised to move the stuff out and move it back without me doing anything. The first day that they came, they had seven men and they did it very nicely. Everything worked out wonderfully. But the next time they went to clean it up, they sent one guy. And one guy couldn’t do what seven men did so, I wasn’t too happy with that. I called them and they said they would do better than that, so they sent two men. But in the meantime, my five boys worked at it and we got it all together. We were really pleased with it and the job was done well. I really appreciated it. They did it in three days like they said they would and that was great but the clean-up was a little longer. Mid-Atlantic is a very good company, they follow through and they go from point A to point B just like they say they are going to.

Original review: June 17, 2018

I was having problems with the heavy rain in the spring, flooding and the west wall of my house was not properly draining off. So, Mid-Atlantic came in and put in an all new drain system. They also changed the sump pump and put two new sumps and directed the drainage off to the front of the house where there’s a drain ditch along the side of the road. Other companies dig outside around the house but these guys did it all inside and I liked that. The sales rep called me up, we made an appointment and he showed up at the agreed upon time. He took a few measurements and did some monitoring of the walls and came up with an estimate in just a few minutes. He told me that if I decide to go, he would give another discount. So, I said yes.

There were four fellows in the installation team and they were good. There was one boss that was kinda like the foreman and the owner of the company stopped by to see how the job was going and we had quite a conversation. The installers were friendly and worked well. I was happy with them and I bought them lunch all three days that they worked. The workers were polite and it was a good experience. My home is a lot dryer now. Mid-Atlantic is fairly expensive and not a lot of people could afford it but it was worth every penny because if I hadn’t taken care of it, I would eventually have some serious problems with the foundation of the house. So, people should go with it.

Original review: June 16, 2018

Mid-Atlantic was among the people I found when I went to the home show in the city of Philadelphia. I gathered quite a bit of information there and I interviewed at least four companies. There was a lot of water in my basement and I hired Mid-Atlantic to do an installation that would mitigate the water coming in from underneath the basin. I couldn’t afford to do the whole basement, but I did the side of the basement where the water was making its way. The sales rep was very good and the installation team was remarkable. There was quite a group of the installers and they came in and were very busy. They worked very efficiently and got it done in a day which was amazing. Since the installation, the water is not overwhelming me.

With these heavy rains that we’ve been having, the whole water table has changed here in Villanova because of Villanova University pouring cement everywhere they can possibly pour cement. So, the water table has shifted dramatically. I am one of the people in a house that was built in the end of the 20s and I was taking on board a great deal of water with the heavy storms and now, I’m not. But I would’ve appreciated a little more counsel on the exterior piping leading from the sump pump and I would’ve buried the pipe. Still, I have not had this kind of experience with any other company and they did what they said they were doing to do. I’m satisfied and people should consider them.

Original review: June 15, 2018

I had a leaky basement and Mid-Atlantic had the best solution. They waterproofed my basement and it is now dry. Interacting with the sales rep went well enough that I retained them to take care of my house. The installers were very professional and did what they said they would do in a timely manner. They did a good job and I would recommend highly that people take the services of Mid-Atlantic.

Original review: June 13, 2018

I had an accumulation of water in my crawl space. A different company came out but I didn't like what they were going to try ad do. On the other hand, I liked Mid-Atlantic's idea because the house needed a French drain which was what Mid-Atlantic was going to do inside the crawl space rather than outside. That made it a lot easier because I have a concrete driveway, a deck and a patio. Having the drain around the exterior of the house would mean having them taken out or cut apart.

However, whenever I called, I got an answering service in their headquarters and then, they would have to transfer me down to the local office in Virginia. That was disconcerting. But once I got to the manager or the sales rep, everything was straightened out. Their sales rep was pretty good. I had some questions about what was being done and how it was being done. I called up their office and was able to get him. The installation team was good too but there were certain corrections that I wanted with what they did just to make it more aesthetically pleasing. They did that for me so that was cool. Mid-Atlantic's a reputable company. I liked what they did and since then, I have had my exterminator go down the crawl space and he had no problems doing whatever he needed to do down there and didn’t see any kind of issues. Overall, I had a very good experience with them.

Original review: June 11, 2018

Contracted with Mid Atlantic after speaking with others to resolve a wet basement problem. A contract, price and start date were agreed upon. There was a delay in the start of the work and when it did start there were differences between my signed work order and the job order. This caused confusion and more delay. Most of the work was done in 2 days but a third day was needed for some rework and finishing touches. After two weeks and lots of rain the system appears to be working. The basement remains dry.

Original review: April 18, 2018

I liked Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing's price and their sales representatives' politeness. I had them put our pumping system, and I’m not getting any water in the house anymore. The installation team went about their business in a businesslike way. They used a jackhammer to hammer into the flooring and then put the piping system around. And I didn't like that they didn’t clean up the flooring after they were done. The flooring was a mess and I had a lot of cleaning up to do. Still, if my friends needed somebody, I'd tell them to give Mid-Atlantic a call.

Original review: April 17, 2018

We were having water coming into the floor of our attached garage and we wanted to correct that. My husband called Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing and they saw what our problems were. We knew that we had water, but we didn’t know why we had water. We lived in the house for many years and so we wanted to know why. So a salesman came out and talked to us about it and showed us his solution to get rid of the water in the garage. I had a couple of others on the list but this salesman came out and talked to my husband and to me. And my husband, after they talked, went through the whole process of what he thought that we needed to do, how it should be done and it was a long process.

Mid-Atlantic put in two sump pumps. We live in tri-level and they said that sump pump had to go underneath one part of the house and another one had to go in the garage and that would take the moisture out because our house is on slant area and those two areas need to be done. And that our cross base under our house needed to have put down a plastic and up on the walls. There were also the cement blocks that were the base of the house that we needed to drill into those because the water went into those and that needed to be drained out. He explained the whole process that was quite amazing. It took them a week for the entire process. Then something didn’t seem to be working right. They came back and did something else because part of what they did wasn’t complete. I think we were over-engineered. And my end question was always, "How much?" And it took a while to get to that point.

We do not have any more water coming into the garage so that was corrected. They dug up part of our cement flooring in the garage and they had to put down a tube to drain things out with this sump pump. So part of the garage floor is smooth and part of where they dug out my garage floor, they put in more cement but it’s not smooth, it’s not neat. But they put in all the waterproofing down under there up on the walls and they did everything. They did what they said they were going to do, and they drilled holes in the side of the house and put out white pumps to drain out water.

The sales representative was very nice and a very personable man. He lives in the north of Richmond, so we had a way to come down here to talk to us about it. All of that was pleasant. Also, their installation team were polite and I had no problems with them. But I think it was a lot more expensive than I wanted to spend for that particular kind of problem.

Original review: April 8, 2018

We had a leaky wall in the basement and there was water getting in. There was a neighbor in the area that used Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing before so my Dad chose them. They put in two sump pumps and they did like a trench last September. Their sales rep was fine but was a little too chatty but that was part of the deal and it's what he does so, that's all right. Their foreman was excellent though he had his hands full with one of the two workers. He listened to my folks and to me. He kept us updated on everything he was up to and what he was gonna do. He seemed to do a very good job whatever he was doing. He's been with the company a while too and that showed as well. He took pride in his job.

After their repair, the basement doesn't have any water in it. I was concerned there's the wall where there was a crack. They fixed it but it's not necessarily water, but it's like this crusty stuff coming through what they just patched. It may be water on the other side but it just doesn't look right. Also, there's baby hairline cracks in the cement that they put in that makes me a little nervous. We need to get somebody out here to double check the workmanship of Mid-Atlantic.

Original review: April 1, 2018

We got waterproofing services from Mid-Atlantic for our basement. The project was completed in a couple of days, and everything went fine. I’m very happy with Mid-Atlantic, and I'd tell my friends to go for it.

Original review: March 28, 2018

I like Mid-Atlantic's program and materials better than other waterproofing companies, and the cost was competitive as well. I lost $2,000 worth of carpet in my basement. And their sales representative came here and gave me an estimate and explained what they were going to do. He was very thorough in his explanation, very professional, and very knowledgeable. They did a trench in the basement and put in a sump pump and they reinforced some of the walls.

The crew who came out was great. There were a job foreman and three younger fellows who did the heavy lifting. The younger ones didn't talk that much, but the job foreman didn't have any problem with my going down and checking on them and seeing what was going on. They did their job and they were very professional and fast. And so far, the dampness isn't there anymore, and there's no water coming in anywhere that I can see. I would recommend Mid-Atlantic.

Original review: March 26, 2018

We had water in the basement and I had a pump put in from Mid-Atlantic. The installer came in and checked everything downstairs. He put plastic on the doors for the dust. He was great and I haven't gotten water after that. It was a very good experience.

Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing specializes in foundation repair and drying out basements. The long-standing company is known for its reliable residential and commercial services.

• Lots of experience: With 50 years in the business, few basement waterproofing companies have as much experience.

• Free home inspections: Customers can get an opinion on their water issues with no obligation.

• Multiple locations: Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing provides service in nine states from Connecticut to Virginia and Washington, D.C.

• Top-notch foundation piering systems: For structural repairs, Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing uses the DynaPier® system, considered among the strongest in the industry.

• Comprehensive services: From mold and mildew prevention to sump pump installation, Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing covers all the bases.

• Best for: Homeowners and businesses who want to prevent or fix water seepage issues.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
ConsumerAffairs

Research Team

Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing Company Information

1965
www.basements.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business