Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing

26%
  • 3 stars28
  • 2 stars8
  • 1 stars14

Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing is the premier provider of water management services. Having been in the business for over 50 years, Mid-Atlantic specializes in basement waterproofing, crawl space waterproofing as well as foundation repair for residential and commercial clients. Our awards speak to the high quality of workmanship and customer service we provide.

One of my patients had used Mid-Atlantic previously. They were also recommended so we got them to do the entire waterproofing of the entire basement. They dug a trench and everything else, and they did a terrific job. We got the basement redone after that and everything is perfect. There’s no leak after the waterproofing that they did. It was an excellent experience and they are one of the best companies I’ve worked with. They’re very nice and mature people. Their manager who came to check everything many times was amazing. I would recommend Mid-Atlantic to anybody. In fact, I’ve got some of their cards in my office that I give out to my patients.

We purchased a sump pump from Mid-Atlantic. The sales rep was very good and convincing. I don’t even know if we got the best price but based on what he communicated and the history of the company and their experience, he seemed to have a broader knowledge about it. We were trying to get the installation done in a decent time. We were comfortable with his presentation and those who did the installation. They were very responsive in setting up the appointment and getting back to us. They had an earlier availability so they called and we were available, so that worked out as well. My basement is completely dry after the system was set up so I can’t ask for more than that and that’s what we’re looking for.

When someone from Mid-Atlantic came out to talk to me, I was pretty comfortable so I eventually got the french drain for my basement. The rep was very pleasant and he took care of the other questions that I asked. The installation team was very professional and hardworking. They came in, did a good job, and left. We had a couple of big rains and my basement didn't get flooded. Needless to say, I was very satisfied with their service.

I have been reading and researching about sump pump and I had all the signs that I needed one. I was talking to someone about it and they said that Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing was really good so we had them put in the sump pump in July of 2016. Their sales rep was good and their installation team were great. The basement is very dry now and it doesn’t have that bad smell anymore. However, I’m an elderly person and I have no one to put the toilet back in. They said they’re going to put it back in but I’ve been getting the runaround. I called them again over a month ago and they told me they'll put it in on the 26th of September because they don’t have anybody to do it. Now they made another appointment on the 15th of October. So, I have to take off from work to get that done. That’s the only issue I have with them.

We had water coming into the house, and Mid-Atlantic did a meter reading. I was very impressed with the way the rep talked, and he wasn't pushy about anything.

When we first made the agreement, the man said, “Well, we’ll be here a week from today, Tuesday.” So on Sunday and Monday, we took everything we could, out of the basement. We called Monday and they said, “You’re not scheduled this week.” I explained to them we had everything outside and that the house was a mess. They said, “Well, we’ll schedule you for Saturday.” And then from Saturday they moved it up to a Wednesday, and they were here Wednesday with five people, and I was impressed with that.

They were done in one day. They put plastic on the whole round of everything that they could, and they blocked off some of the basement downstairs. It was a dirty mess, but we were satisfied with the work, and they did the best they could. The basement is now warm, and not cold like it used to be. The water was running in constantly, but now it's dry. I have no complaints, no regrets with their service, and I wouldn't be ashamed to recommend them to somebody else.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing?

We contacted Mid-Atlantic 18 months ago and after a few estimates decided to go with MidAtlantic for our basement waterproofing. They started the work in July 2015 and were not able to complete the job until October 2015. In that time they flooded my basement once because they left the work they started overnight and forgot to turn the back-up pumps on. We got up to feet of water in our basement. They completed the work and we have had them back out here 4 more times to correct more issues. Got up this morning to find water in my basement again this morning, called them before 8 a.m. and when they finally got back to me they told me the best they could do was sometime between 3-6 p.m. That is 6-9 hours later and I have water coming in to my home.

They were never prompt with times, if they said they would return in the morning by 9, we were lucky to see them by noon. They did nothing to help us with all the flooding damage and still have issues. We spent almost 30,000.00 with them and still have the same issues. Not even sure how to proceed or who to contact anymore? Suggestions?

I had water issues in my basement and a sump pump failure. Mid-Atlantic did a ‘grade’ in the back of my house and they installed two sump pumps. Upon the completion of the job, I needed them to reroute some PVC pipe. The contractor came in the following day and rerouted everything the way that I asked them to. It's been a professional and pleasurable experience.

There were some local companies that I knew of, and having some of them do stuff in the past, I wanted a company that was more well-known or had a better reputation. Mid-Atlantic did French drains and sump pumps for basement waterproofing. Everything was good about the sales representatives. They measured everything, explained everything to me and showed me all the backup on the information and certifications about the warranty and everything that came with it. The install team was also good. They were conscious of everything I had and they covered everything. It was a messy job and they tried to clean up the best they could when they were done. It didn’t take them nearly as long as I thought it would, which was a good thing. They called me back a few weeks afterwards just to double-check on everything and see if I had any questions or concerns. For me, everything seems to be working well.

Our basement was flooded and I got Mid-Atlantic's services to deal with it. They installed pumps and a trench around the house. They did a real good job but in the spring I have them check to make sure everything is running because one red light downstairs wasn't on. The person who came in misdiagnosed what was wrong. He said I needed a new electrical outlet down where the battery was. I told the guy that I understand that if they come out and check it once a year, they don’t normally charge a fee. But he didn’t agree with that. He still charged me a fee. He said I needed to get electrical people in there. It turns out, all it was, was the circuit breaker. I was a little bit concerned and upset because I had to pay him a fee and then I had the electrical people come to just flick the switch of the circuit. So I wasn’t too happy with that. I called Mid-Atlantic to report what happened, but the girl I talked to didn’t seem to think it was an issue.

Worst experience I've had with a company in a long time. Their estimator came out and took one look at the water on our basement floor and told us it was coming from the foundation of the house where the wall meets the floor, then gave us an estimate for a complete basement drainage system. We signed the contract that night. I had three other companies come out to give estimates, and every single one took one look at the water and said they didn't think it was actually coming from the foundation. One quickly identified the problem as a leak from our A/C condensate line and immediately fixed the problem for free. We cancelled the contract with Mid-Atlantic within the cancellation period, telling them that we were shocked that their estimator failed to catch the true source of the water when every other person who looked at it immediately realized that it was NOT coming up from under the foundation or from within the walls.

The four different representatives I spoke to in cancelling and subsequently were all incredibly rude to me. Continuously interrupting me when I tried to tell them what had happened and refusing to admit that their original diagnosis of the problem was incorrect. They called me repeatedly after we had cancelled "wanting to make things right," but mostly treated me like an idiot who couldn't possibly understand why their service was so much better than any competitors could possibly be. I finally agreed, after they repeatedly insisted, to let them send another person out to look at the problem, as they said (and I believe them as the others said the same thing) that we DID have a water issue inside the walls and under the foundation. The person who came was pleasant at first but quickly became rude and annoyed due to the fact I was still upset about the original problem.

I'm not sure why someone coming out to visit a customer they knew was upset about their service would apparently be so surprised to be dealing with an upset customer. He kept telling me I was wrong, mocking me for being "wound up," and literally making fun of me to my face in my own home. I have never dealt with any company's representative who was so amazingly rude and condescending, refusing to admit they'd been wrong in the first place, and just outright insulting to my face, right in my own home. It seems that this company's technique is to bully, belittle, and frighten people into buying their product. This was the first company I called about the problem because I believed they had a stellar reputation; my experience in dealing with their sales operation was a stunning disappointment.

We had a water problem in the basement. I wanted to go to a company with good reputation. My realtor suggested Mid-Atlantic and we went with his recommendation. Mid-Atlantic installed two sump pumps. It's a big project, was expensive, and took a little longer. The county couldn’t finalize the work that was done because Mid-Atlantic also needed to pull an electric permit to plug the sump pump in, and that work wasn’t done. So I had to contact them again. We figured it out and finally they took care of it.

I wanted everything done and it got done so I’m satisfied with that. The only thing is, they ripped my walls off and left that all like that. They had to cut all the drywall and all that stuff underneath because their work was done inside. I had to hire somebody to fix that for me because the installers said that they don't do that, which means more money out of my pocket. But other than that their work was good. There is no water coming in anymore. No humidity nor any signs of water inside.

I had some work done by Mid-Atlantic almost one year ago. I'm still noticing water entering my basement wall even after they added the sump pump. I called to have someone to come back out because I'm noticing cracks appearing around the house. I was told once they place the pump and the tranche that the basement would be dry and I would be able to renovate. That's not the case. I'm hoping that they will honor the Warranty and fix this problem. ASAP.

When it rained, water was slowly creeping in so I had Mid-Atlantic put in a sump pump and French drains. The salesman was excellent and I'm satisfied with the work that the installers did. They were courteous.

We were getting water in the basement. The sales rep and the installation team were very courteous and did a good job. My wife and I go camping a lot, so we're gone sometimes a week at a time, several times a year, and every time that we come back, we've had water in the basement if it had been raining. So, it's really good that we can come back and not have to worry about that anymore. The waterproofing was great.

We had water in the basement. We used Mid-Atlantic and they guaranteed their work and did a good job. All in all, I'm satisfied.

Mid-Atlantic waterproofed the lower portion of our basement. The guy that came who did the presentation was all right. The installers that came and did the work were pretty cool. But they have to come back because there’s a puddle of water in the basement.

Mid-Atlantic seemed to have a good reputation and so we got them for a waterproofing job. Everybody was very easy to work with and the installers were great. While we were away about a week ago, there was some pretty heavy rain which might normally have gotten some water into the basement but we didn't see any so hopefully that's a good sign. However, we haven't had enough to really test the work done totally.

We're not happy with Mid-Atlantic. The salesman gave us the impression that we would have a dry crawlspace but we didn't when they left. Our air conditioning ducts didn't sweat before but now, they are sweating and it's causing moisture under the house. I’ve called them a few times and they’ve come out and given us a couple of different excuses. They said that our vents and our crawlspace should be closed which I did. They said that we need to cut a hole on our floor and allow air from the air-conditioned space above the crawlspace flow under the crawlspace at our expense. I’m not gonna do that because we were told that once they did this work that it would be dry. We are going to have to contact them again to come out and fix it, which I don’t think that they are going to do.

The Mid-Atlantic salesman who came out was very knowledgeable. He took his time to explain the entire process and answered all the questions I had. The guys who did the work were prompt and cleaned up very well after themselves. They did as much cutting and jackhammering of the basement floors but the dust was minimal which surprised the wife and I. The guys did a great job. They were professional and courteous.

Beware of this company. You will be sorry. You're paying high price for sloppy work. All the workers except the ladies in the office are very arrogant and unprofessional. Less than a month after the installation, there are big gaps that need to be repaired and re-caulked. It's a joke that they don't use a ramset gun on a ram nail on the concrete wall but use a hammer instead when tried to repair the big gap that the caulk could not hold on anymore. I called the office and complained to Rob about it. I have another repair appointment next month and will send an update.

I got the waterproofing services from Mid-Atlantic. The contractor said it was the toughest rock they had ever come across, but they got the job done. So far, it seems to be working but it hasn't been tested because of the drought. I'm used to having the wet basement, but now that it is musty, I've been trying to figure out how I'll lose the musty smell. As of yesterday, I saw a crack in the cement that they put in but I have not contacted them yet. Other than that, I like their financing where I took advantage of the 18-months paying with cash.

We have a 110-year-old house with a laid up foundation, so we needed it waterproofed. Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing seemed to be very nice. They came when they said they were gonna come and were very helpful, that's why we chose them. The installation was nice and they did their job. They were anxious to get home, though. They just wanted to get the job done and get out. They also called and I told them that I had a leak somewhere by the furnace. But I never heard back from the company as of yet. But I'm not really upset about it because I haven't been home a lot. And I still would definitely recommend them.

We bought a home and the wall was getting wet and about a week or so, you could start seeing paint skipping, peeling then it starts getting molds. So I tried to find someone that can take care of this problem and because when we bought the house, they kept masquerading it with paint and drywall. They kept painting over the mold. So when it got really bad, that’s when I had to call professionals to have a look. I searched around and I couldn’t find anyone that will call me back. I looked in the phone book and I called Mid-Atlantic and they called me back right away. We’re still waiting for the wall to dry out. They said it’s going to take several months for the wall to dry because I can’t put my drywall back up until the wall is dry and they said that if it is not dry by then, to call them back and they’ll come right back out if it doesn’t change.

The salesman from Mid-Atlantic was very high-pressure. I accepted his offer but would tell anyone else to listen very carefully and to think very hard about it because it is a lot of money. They did my basement and still I'm having a little problem in the corner where the pump is. It's getting wet and quite damp in there but now I have a nice basement that I can use to store stuff which I could not do before.

I was impressed with the gentleman from Mid-Atlantic. He knew was what the situation was before I did, before I even told him. Nobody I talked to seemed to get it, but he did. The installation crew was great, too. They had a lot of trouble with their vehicle, and the gentleman always called me and let me know what was going on. So I was very appreciative of that. Now our home is 120% better than before. No leaks, the odor is gone and it's been very dry. So far I was very pleased with their job. They were very good about getting the financial help. I definitely recommend Mid-Atlantic.

A friend of mine had some work done with Mid-Atlantic and recommended them so we got them to do the waterproofing in the basement. There was a man that came out to explain everything to us, and we were pleased with his presentation. No problems with the work team either. I go down the basement after a heavy rain and look around and to see if I have any reason I need to call, and so far, I haven't had any reason to. Mid-Atlantic actually called me one day and told me if I had any problem, to call.

I did some research on different waterproofing companies and had Mid-Atlantic come into the house four years ago. They did their presentation, and I didn’t like some of the materials that they used. I didn’t think it would work. But when they brought them back, I gave them another shot. There were three guys who came in and we talked about what was gonna be done. I showed them the walls that we’re discussing. They took a look and moved everything that needed to be moved. They put up barriers to protect certain areas including the stairs. They went right to work.

I came upstairs and watched television and in about two hours later they said they're done for the day. I went downstairs and looked at it. They really did a very quick job. They were digging using a jackhammer and taking care of the concrete and hauling it away. I was really surprised it only took as long as it did. Then they came back two days later and finished it up, but again, in a very short amount of time.

I purchased the waterproofing and gutters from Mid-Atlantic about two months ago. The sales rep was good when he was here and did a professional job. The installation team got here after the agreement and cleaned up about the same week. I liked the way their product was laid out and the quality.

We had a plumber come out to look at our problem. He said that there wasn't much he could do and that we should call someone that waterproofs. Then he said that Mid-Atlantic is good. Mid-Atlantic had to take part of the wallboard off, and then the tile in front of the fireplace was completely destroyed because they had to dig that trench. It was messy, but it wasn't anything that they did on purpose. We didn't realize what was involved even though we were told. It was overwhelming. It was quite the experience, but they did a great job cleaning up after themselves. They covered everything in plastic. Some things they covered with two pieces so that no dust got on them. Then, the people that came in to do the repair work said they really did a good job. When we had a question, they sent someone out to check, and that was a good thing too. We've already recommended Mid-Atlantic.

Overall, my experience with Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing was somewhat mediocre. The sales person who came out to represent the company said that he would be on hand at the time the work was done to make sure it was all done right. But he never showed up that day and totally dropped out of the picture. When the work was done, there was a lot of finishing work that was not done, and I had to hire someone to have it done. The work that Mid-Atlantic did was okay, but it wasn't what I expected, given the representation that had been given by the person who was selling the job.

Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing Company Profile