2. Homeowners
  3. Cleaning Services

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.27/5
Based on 1,166 ratings

Founded in 1979, Merry Maids is the largest home cleaning franchise network in the world, providing customized residential cleaning services through more than 900 franchise corporate-owned locations in the United States and 1,400 franchises worldwide, including 65 in Canada. Merry Maids is a part of the ServiceMaster Family of Brands, which serves more than 10.5 million customers includes seven market-leading companies that provide a wide range of related home services.

Looking for cleaning services?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Get started

Unsubscribe at any time.

Looking for cleaning services?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Get started

Merry Maids Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Merry Maids?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Merry Maids?

Original review: June 9, 2019

I'm very pleased with Merry Maids. The girls are great, very courteous and they do a great job. I'm 100% satisfied with the cleanliness of our home after their service. We have our cleaning service on Tuesday mornings, and they come at 9 o'clock. We're flexible with the schedule given that I'm retired, but they're usually very reliable and they're here on time. We usually have two girls together working as a team, but last Tuesday, the girl was by herself. Still, she did an excellent job. All in all, my experience with them has been very good.

Merry Maids response

We’re delighted to read your feedback about Merry Maids. Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience. We aim to provide the Perfect service for each customer!

Original review: June 8, 2019

Scheduling my service with Merry Maids was perfect. I sent them an email. Their cleaning people were very professional and they did a good job. It worked out very well and I'm very satisfied. I’d highly recommend them.

Merry Maids response

We appreciate your feedback, Daniel! We aim to provide the best service to our customers!

Original review: June 7, 2019

I have a set schedule for the whole year with Merry Maids. So far, I've been with them for two months and the experience went well. The cleaning professionals have always been pleasant and very professional. After they finish, my home is excellent in terms of its cleanliness.

Merry Maids response

Original review: June 1, 2019

Scheduling the service is super easy to do. I scheduled Merry Maids to come every other Thursday. I just had to change it once and it was no big deal. If I ever need to skip a time, I just call the office and they mark it down. For the most part, the same people come every time and they show up on time and clean the house as expected. It’s nice. Although they might miss something small every once in a while, the house is pretty clean when they're done. The reps are super nice and sweet too. The kids even love them. I always greet them when they come every morning and then I leave shortly after they get here. They're great.

Merry Maids response

Original review: May 30, 2019

Merry Maids comes every other week and it's always the same day of the week. The ones who come out here have always been good. They’re efficient. They don’t do a lot of small talk and they get the job done. If we find one little spot, they jump right on it and after they finish, our home is always great.

Merry Maids response

Thank you, Charles! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re glad to hear we were able to provide the service you needed.

Original review: May 25, 2019

I'm very happy with Merry Maids. The lady comes in with the products that she uses and her vacuum cleaner, does her work and is very efficient. I've been very satisfied with the service that I've gotten.

Merry Maids response

Great feedback, Jean! We genuinely appreciate it, and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with your service!

Original review: May 22, 2019

The assigned "workers": 1. Arrived late. 2. Took substantial amount of money from wooden box on nightstand. 3. Went thru jewelry box. 4. Broke a porcelain figurine. 5. Unlocked windows & Opened a screen in rear of my house. This condition I found after they left. 6. Did NOT CLEAN the HOUSE as described: A. Did NOT Clean, dust under beds, desk etc. B. Did NOT wet wash kitchen, bathroom or laundry slate floors. C. Did NOT Dust some furniture- tables, chairs, etc. Some only partially dusted. D. Did NOT vacuum furniture. E. Did NOT enter or touch/clean - Living room/Dining room. F. Many other areas of home - NOT cleaned-too much to list. 7. It took twice the time for these workers to clean part of house. The time prior MM workers cleaned the entire house.

8. Shook out their "duster" INSIDE the laundry room-AFTER dusting. 9. Phone calls to: Corporate office, Home Office were NOT returned. Responsible agency has NOT addressed the stolen money, unlocked windows, etc Offer from agency: they would come back for 2 hrs. at no charge. I refused- I do NOT want any workers from Merry Maids in my home due to the condition they left house & current example of MM workers. Also, Agency attempted to increase the initial quoted cost of cleaning - I declined to pay more. 10. This agency does NOT deserve a STAR of any kind. 11. I have been patient - waiting 2 months for a fair resolution - especially referencing the stolen money, jewelry box invasion, unlocked windows and house NOT cleaned.

Original review: May 17, 2019

Merry Maids is scheduled twice a month. They call and remind me that they're coming. Don, Debbie, and the girls that come are wonderful. They've just gotten complacent and for a long time now, I have to ask them to clean the floor in the bathroom by the tub. They don't move anything so there's dust behind everything. Every time they come, the same things are dusty when they leave.

I think their time schedule is so tight that they can't do anything else outside of what they do. I sit on the couch while they're cleaning when they get there and within about an hour and 20 minutes, they start vacuuming which means they've finished cleaning. They can't clean a house that big with that time. They don't even have time to have lunch and they're exhausted so they wanna get in and get out as fast as they can to get to the next place so they can just go home. And even though they give me a piece of paper every time they come to say what they're gonna focus on the next week, I don't think they ever focus on anything. I became very dissatisfied. I'm paying a lot of money every two weeks and I'm not getting the service only because they're so rushed. The floors and carpet are clean but I want everything to be clean.

Original review: May 11, 2019

The service from Merry Maids is very good and I'm very satisfied. I typically have the same primary person that comes out. She knows the house and she’s very thorough. We have two dogs so I know it’s challenging for them at times. But they take those rooms that they specialize in or do deep cleaning and for the other ones, they do the more high-level cleaning. They stay busy the whole time but I engage in conversation with them since I’m always here when they’re in the house and it's good conversation. They're really nice people. They’re also always on time and super friendly when they’re here. They're very thoughtful too, when they’re unloading and loading while I’m on conference calls. I work from home so it’s very easy for scheduling. They just let me know what day they’re coming back out and I let them write it on the paper when they leave. It’s hassle-free. They do four weeks out and if there’s ever an issue, I call and reschedule.

Merry Maids response

Original review: May 3, 2019

I get a call from Merry Maids to schedule services. In fact, I got a phone call this morning from them scheduling us for tomorrow for our semi-monthly cleaning. I always have a very positive interaction with their rep. Our normal cleaning person is named Nancy and we have requested her on a regular basis because she is very good. She does excellent service and the cleanliness of my home is also excellent. But we get multiple people only on rare occasions. Overall, Merry Maids has excellent office and cleaning staff.

Merry Maids response

Great feedback, Katie! We genuinely appreciate it, and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with your service!

Merry Maids Company Information