toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Scheduling a service with Merry Maids was very fine. I wanted all of the floors done, the two bathrooms and then the kitchen, and they did all of that. They came in on time, worked quickly and did it very well. Their reps made sure that they understood what I wanted and then they had me check things when they were done. It was very clean and I was very satisfied. Overall, my experience was great. They're very pleasant and good workers with good results. I scheduled them to come again.

I'm very happy with the service I received from Merry Maids. Everything was very clean and they did a very good job. Scheduling and interacting with their representatives went good as well. Their reps were all very friendly and helpful. They did what they were required and supposed to be doing and anything I've asked them to do or not to do around the house.

My aunt and my mother were both bedridden so I needed help with the housework and got Merry Maids. I’ve had them for two years. The girls come in every two weeks and do an excellent job. They are very nice, congenial, cooperative and there’s nothing that you ask them to do that they won’t do. I’m very pleased with them and I never have a problem. If something wasn’t the way I liked it, I say something to them and it’s done the way I want it. The service is excellent. I call all the time telling them what a nice job they’ve done.

I’ve talked with the representatives from Merry Maids that call every once in a while and they’ve corrected a few issues that I have had. The last visit I had, there were several new people and they didn’t do the full cleaning like they usually do. Usually, they dust and vacuum everything. But they didn’t dust at all in my living room. There was one person that was a regular but the other two people were new. She was training and they probably overlooked it. But, other than that, I’ve never had any problems. They come every three weeks and I'm pleased with it. I've had good experience with them and I've been satisfied.

Merry Maids' cleaning professionals come to us every two weeks and I've been really happy with their services. They always do a good job and it's always very clean.

They were great and I am very satisfied with the service. Every time I needed adjustment with the schedule, I send an email and they take care of it.

Merry Maids did well and was very flexible because they’ve been able to reschedule fairly easily when I needed to because of my job. They were nice and friendly, and everything was clean.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Merry Maids?

There were no issues scheduling the service with Merry Maids. The representatives were very sweet and efficient when speaking to them on the phone. It's been nothing but good. I've never met the cleaning professionals because I'm at work whenever they come. But when they go in, they clean then they leave and everything's great when I get home. It was also perfect the last time they came out.

Merry Maids did a great job cleaning my house. Their customer service has been awesome and the cleaning professionals have been very good and professional. I've had no issues or problems with them and I'm very satisfied.

When I first set the service up with Merry Maids, the lady came to give me the estimate. I got to pick the day of the week and she laid out the whole year for me. The only thing I have to do the whole year is cancel if I'm going on vacation and that's very easy. I also get a notice on the day before they come so there is no excuse on my part that I'm not here or not expecting them.

The cleaning professionals are always very respectful and very nice. Their service is very well done. I've used Merry Maids in other states when I moved and I like their concept. They rotate through the condo and concentrate on one room each visit. They clean it more and give it more emphasis. So, every six weeks, every room has been deep cleaned. Merry Maids meets my expectations. I've had things taken and things broken by other companies, so I don’t look for them anymore. I just always use Merry Maids. I don’t have any complaints with them at all.

We are a property management company and we have over 150 properties, about 20 of them are cleaned by Merry Maids on a monthly basis. I call the office and speak with Tierra and she schedules the cleaning. They're really good about accommodating last minute. I've personally met with Denise who had to come to some properties and Krista, the quality control manager, who came out to address some concerns I had about the cleaning, and everyone from Merry Maids including some of the cleaners who come to the property seem pleasant. If they don't have an online system yet, that would be great for them to have, too.

However, my satisfaction with Merry Maids' service varies. Sometimes I complain but other times I don’t. Sometimes they miss some stuff. We have large properties, so it's a lot for two cleaners to do. I've suggested to them that they might do four. There hasn’t been enough complaints to deter me though and I still use them. There are more times that I am satisfied. A lot of our properties are rentals so I refer Merry Maids to our residents for cleaning.

Merry Maids did everything we expected. We have them come in here every two weeks. Scheduling with them was great. They were very accommodating and it's painless when we need to reschedule. I was here when the cleaning professionals came, and they were very pleasant. Customer service has been great as well every time I've had to use it. It felt great coming back home after they're done cleaning.

I had Merry Maids come in for just one day. Scheduling it was easy and the representatives were very helpful and wonderful. The cleaning professionals went right to the job and did great. They were very thorough and professional. It was fantastic and I'm having them come again.

We have cleaning done by Merry Maids every two weeks. They come at the same time and are finished at the same time. They're all very friendly and very responsible. We're usually not here when they come but when they are finished with their service, the house is very clean. Merry Maids is very dependable. It's been a very satisfying experience with them.

Merry Maids comes out once a month and they give me a schedule ahead of time so I know the exact day they're coming. They follow the schedule so that's been working out very well. Sometimes I'm home when they come to clean but I don't stay. I leave them alone when they're working. They've been very thorough and efficient, and when I come in, the place meets my satisfaction. They've done a good job and I've had no complaints. The customer service reps have all been very cooperative and helpful too. I would recommend them.

Both cleaning professionals from Merry Maids are very dependable and work well together. They get here during the morning, which is good. They work consistently from the time they get here until they leave, very busy, very little talking or communication in between. They just work. And they seem to be well organized when they come. But my only complaint is that sometimes I have a long wait before they get here, but that's because they came from much larger houses.

Merry Maids came two weeks ago and it was phenomenal. They were very thorough and dusted down my ceiling fans and all the baseboards on the floors. The house was like sparkling and it was amazing. This particular group of professionals is incredibly respectful, very sweet and loving. It feels like they belong to the house and it's not a funny feeling. They have the personal touch which you don’t usually get anywhere else. Sometimes they see pictures of my grandson and they’ll ask how he is and other really nice things. The cleanliness after they finish with their service is awesome. They do more than I would have done. Scheduling the service is even better than the service itself. They are so easy to work with and they were accommodating whenever I had to change my date. I highly recommend Merry Maids to anyone.

Everything's fine when scheduling the service with Merry Maids. As for the professionals who came and did the cleaning, my wife, Mary Anne, said they're very efficient and professional. They didn't waste time and they did a wonderful job. The cleanliness after their service was excellent. Everything is great. Their last visit was three or four weeks and tomorrow they're coming in again.

I’m very impressed and satisfied with Merry Maids. The representative was great and they helped me out with my flexible schedule. It’s hard to communicate with them because they don't speak fluent English but other than that they did a really good job.

I was moving in and needed a cleaning service so I ordered Merry Maids. Normally, I do my own house cleaning but this one required their job. The woman showed up on time. She did exactly what we asked her to do and did it in an extremely reasonable timeframe. She was very nice and friendly. She did an excellent job. I’m very satisfied with it that I saved their card, so when I’m going to be doing windows or some other special job, I will call Merry Maids again.

Merry Maids

We’re sorry to hear about your recent experience with MerryMaids Cleaning service! We value your feedback and the chance to speak with our customers about their experience. We will contact you privately to go over your experience.

Original review: May 28, 2017

I paid close to 200 dollars for Merry Maids to clean my house. They did not clean a lot of what was on the list that they provide. They charged for a deep clean even though I did not need it. The lady insisted they could not clean my house unless I paid for a deep clean. My house is a year old and I'm the only one living here. When I contacted them to express concern and to at least get some of my money back, the lady said, "That's surprising because she usually does a good job". They offered to come back and clean what they missed but I work and do not have time to double check services I pay for. They didn't care if the house was cleaned to their specifications or not. Here is a few things they did not do: sweep under the beds (I do not have things stored underneath), clean glass door, wipe down counters, left water spots on laminate floors, dust window sills.

I called to schedule Merry Maids service. They called me back and asked me a few questions. The rep was able to help me. She explained to me what they can do and the fees. Then, we went from there. Everything went off according to file. They showed up on time and did their shift. There was a lot of work to be done and she did her stuff. I stayed out of her way. It was taking her longer than originally expected so she made a call and someone came down to give her some assistance. Everything was taken care of. It wasn't my home but when they left, everything was fine. I have no complaints. I wouldn't hesitate to call Merry Maids again.

I wanted a one time deep cleaning. Someone came over and did a walk thru with estimate. Upon inspection, much was not done. I have high shelves for pottery collection. Was told all would be cleaned. Did not happen. Upon complaining, I was told they aren't allowed to go higher than a two step ladder. Felt estimator did not know the policies. I had to redo the blinds. They did give me a partial credit, so felt their intentions were good.

Merry Maids has very good customer service. They are very pleasant and are very efficient. They're in and out quickly, and they do a good fundamental clean. They were very helpful. The office was thorough. The rep I worked with was very pleasant and thorough. I've emailed with her back and forth since then. Anyone I've been in contact has been great. As for the cleaning rep, I've had several different people and all of them were very pleasant, and got right to work, and were diligent in working throughout the whole time they were here. They don’t do a deep clean on a regular basis unless you pay for it. So the service that I have is a Merry Maid clean. They come in, and when they leave, it's clean and well-organized. They do what they say they were going to do.

Merry Maids cleaned my house today and I'm more than pleased with the quality of the work. It was their third visit. Nobody cleans like the owner, but these cleaning professionals do a better job than I do. I'm tickled to death. The rep I spoke with when I scheduled my service was very efficient and clear about what they do. The interaction we had was straightforward. I am a straightforward kind of person, so I don’t like a lot of dancing. The rep laid out all the parameters and after the first time, there were a couple of things Merry Maids missed. I brought those to their attention, and the next time, they were done.

Merry Maids sends two girls who are very polite. I'm usually in my garage when they come in. They just bang on the door and I let them in. If they need anything, they call me. The one girl has been here twice, and they’ve changed her assistant every time. The girl who seems to be in charge takes control and gets it done. They do a good job and I've got no complaints. However, I wish Merry Maids’ prices were less.

A good friend of ours in the West End spoke very highly of Merry Maids. My wife passed away recently and I moved to the East End and it is way too far for the cleaning lady we had for 26 years. So, I contacted Merry Maids' local office. They were very good and very prompt. I like that after they’ve gone, there’s no heavy cleaning solution smell. They use their own products and they're in and out quickly. I was surprised that the last time they were here, a supervisor showed up as well to inspect their work, which obviously keeps everybody on their toes and I much appreciated that.

We had worked with the couple who own Merry Maids in Peterborough when they were owners of another franchise and we found them very credible. Their cleaning professionals were extremely polite and professional. They seem very well trained. I've had other cleaning companies and people but I find Merry Maids just really, really topnotch. I'm perfectly satisfied.

When Merry Maids come to my apartment, I tell them what needs to be cleaned and I let them clean when I go to school. Scheduling is very easy. I just call the number, and it’s always Jessica who runs the call. We agree on a date and then someone from the team sends me a message one day beforehand telling me that they will be arriving the following day at the agreed time. The people that they send over are friendly, and I have no complaints. They would clean everything, and when I come back, everything is clean and shiny. I don’t have to worry about spots being missed. Overall, I’m happy with the service, and would recommend it to a friend.

I've had Merry Maids for about seven years now and I had them twice a month in the beginning, but since I'm retired I can only afford once a month. I have no issues with their pricing and they seemed really comparable. If anything, they're average or not higher than most people. They are very accommodating to come on the last Tuesday of every month and they come and clean all the bathrooms, do all the floors, clean and sterilize the kitchen, and change my bed linen. They're outstanding and I've only had great report and success with them.

They’ve been really wonderful because I have extreme allergies and there were a couple of times that they’ve had cleaners that were very fragrant and it completely triggered my asthma. A couple of times, they had to come back and re-clean to get rid of the smell so I could come back into the house and they did that with no problem. Then the next time, they will put that on my record so that I don’t use that cleanser anymore and they’ve been really good about that. Then when they’ve got a new staff, they accidentally went back to the old cleaner and they made sure that the new people followed through that that never happened again. After they come, the place is always cleaned well. There was one time when the ceiling fans needed to be wiped and when I mentioned it, they came back and went through all the ceiling fans in all my rooms for me extra. My daughter recommended them to me and I have recommended them on to other people.

Merry Maids had a deal where I'd get a break if I signed up for a year. I signed up and their price is very fair. They called and said they can come Monday but I told them I couldn't do it. They asked about the following one but I would be in Boston so I would have to wait until the 23rd. They only come to my village on Mondays so they came out special two weeks ago on a Wednesday so I could get started. We had set up every other week so they made me a nice calendar and it shows me every other Monday.

Two people came and not only were they very friendly, but they got right to work and asked me a couple of questions. When they were done, they made sure we looked through and tell them that we're happy. We talked about a couple of things like what I wanted best for my son’s room. I didn’t even know where to start cleaning that room but they did it. I was thrilled to hear that they were my team because they were so nice, careful, and thorough. They came the second time last Monday. It was so nice yesterday when I got home and my home is clean. The floors were washed and I could see the carpet has been recently vacuumed. It's been a fantastic experience with Merry Maids and I'm happy.

Scheduling my first Merry Maids service was fantastic. They were very helpful and willing to work around my doctor’s visit. The ladies were very courteous, nice and efficient and we were very happy with how they treated our house. I was impressed and have fallen in love with their vacuum cleaner. Once I'm back working and earning money, I would love to purchase something like that. It made our carpets look brand new. However, they could have scrubbed the showers a little bit harder, but I have a feeling they were being conservative with the fact that I was going through treatments, so they were using lighter products that obviously do their job but then not as harsh as something that regularly was used in a household.

They could’ve used something else and made sure that the area had a harder cleaning. I am very sensitive now, so I tend to want to shower more to keep myself really clean. Other than that, they are fantastic and I commend them for doing this for people that are going through stuff like this because every little kindness matters. It's not just the person that’s going through the treatment, it's the whole family that is involved in the process and whatever can lighten their load really makes a huge difference.

I like being able to select availability right away through the Merry Maids' website. And then, I get a call the same day if there was an issue on schedule conflicts and I appreciate that. I've only used them once. They were very thorough and I was satisfied with their service.

Question and Answers - Merry Maids

What problem is Merry Maids trying to solve?

Merry Maids offers residential home cleaning services. Merry Maids allows homeowners to cross a major chore off their to-do list by keeping the house clean. Our customers trust Merry Maids to get the job done with teams that are professionally trained and background screened.

What sets Merry Maids apart from the competition?

Our cleaning services are thorough, consistent and customized. Also, cleaning services are available weekly, every other week, monthly or one-time. In addition to general household cleaning, we offer special house cleaning services for oven cleaning, refrigerator cleaning, window washing, packing & unpacking, wall washing, cabinet cleaning and post-construction cleaning.
All of our team members go through extensive background checks so that our customers can have peace of mind when opening their home to our team. We are bonded and insured so if an incident does occur, our customers are fully protected. Our nationwide network allows Merry Maids to offer the scale of the nation’s largest home cleaning business, with the service of a locally owned business.

What needs do your products or services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?

On every visit, our Merry Maids team dusts, vacuums, washes and sanitizes each room. Using our equipment and specially formulated products, we clean from left to right, top to bottom, so no detail is overlooked. It’s our products and processes that set us apart from the competition. We have a unique, proven method of cleaning various rooms and surfaces in our customer’s homes. Simply put, our goal at Merry Maids is to obtain 100% satisfaction in our service. No fine print. No asterisks. No worries.

How does Merry Maids measure success?

At Merry Maids, it is all about what the clients say and their experience with our service. We use a best in class system of client satisfaction measurement known as Net Promoter Score (NPS). This allows our clients regularly to provide feedback and tell us how we are doing. The voice of our clients is our key measure that fuels our future growth.

What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry and your company?

The most common misconception is that our industry is just a maid with a spray bottle and cleaning cloth. There is a science to cleaning. At Merry Maids, we dedicate time and resources to Research and Development because we believe that we are caring for the home and individuals that live there.

How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?

Not only has the number of competitors in the industry increased, consumer behaviors and their involvement in the shopping process have evolved. More and more homeowners are relying on technology. This includes online price estimates, online scheduling and online purchasing. In the past, this was typically provided through a phone call to our company and our cleaning specialist would visit the customer’s home for an in-home, onsite estimate. However, more and more customers now expect a simple, quick, online, 24/7/365 shopping experience without having to talk to a live person.

What is something you wish every consumer knew about Merry Maids?

What a great team of associates we have working extremely hard to serve our clients every day. The pride our associates take in delighting our clients through their cleaning, relationships and all the little ‘extras’ are what make Merry Maids the great company it is.

Has Merry Maids received any awards or recognition your customers would like to know about?

Currently, Merry Maids is celebrating 36th years in business. We were featured in the Franchise 500® list as one of the top franchises in 2013 and in 2015. We won Women’s Choice Award® for America’s Best for Home in Cleaning Services from 2013 to 2015. We are also ranked #1 by Entrepreneur Magazine in the Residential Cleaning category, named as a Top Military Friendly Franchise by GI Jobs Magazine, named as a Top Global Franchise by Franchise Direct, ranked in the Top Franchises for the Buck by Forbes.com and ranked by Entrepreneur Magazine as one of America’s Top Global Franchises.

How has Merry Maids grown or evolved?

In order to meet customer demand, our company has grown in the social media and online space to make customer engagement easier and more accessible. We’re also adding e-commerce capabilities to our franchisees’ local websites and are continually setting up more franchisees with this functionality. Merry Maids is part of the ServiceMaster Family of Brands. In the past 12 months, our Family of Brands has served 5 million residential and commercial customers, visiting more than 75,000 homes per day.

Merry Maids Company Profile