toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I have Merry Maids come and clean every two weeks. They come between 12:30 and 1:00 because I don't want them to come before 12:00. The day before, they come and let me know when they'll be here and they show up on time. The Merry Maids that come here are wonderful. They're very courteous, friendly and helpful. I just love them, and their cleaning is terrific. They do a good job and they have a good attitude about it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We’re very satisfied with the service of Merry Maids. Cris, our regular girl is very good and conscientious.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a private person doing the cleaning and she wasn't doing a very good job. I've always heard about Merry Maids, so I contacted them. They came and gave me an assessment. The scheduling reps are so customer-friendly and I couldn’t be happier. Nine times out of ten, I'm very pleased with their service. The few times that I wasn't, I called. They gave me either a discount or offered to come back and redo. At one point, they had the supervisor come with the girls when I wasn’t quite happy with my kitchen floor. I don’t know what she had them do differently, but it’s been better ever since. I'm happy when I go home and the house smells and looks great.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My house has several little kids and they get dirty pretty fast. I live with my sister and we work full time so it's hard to keep up with cleaning. It definitely helps to have a team do the cleaning periodically. It's very easy to schedule a service with Merry Maids. I arrange a time slot and they always have days available, so it is very convenient. Their reps are always very friendly and helpful. I had some issues one time, but I called and they rescheduled a redo and the issues were rectified. So I'm very happy with the service.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Keeping up with household chores along with everything else is too much sometimes so that's why I've used Merry Maids twice in the past. Scheduling with them was very easy and their reps were courteous and answered my request very promptly. I rarely have interactions with the cleaning crew but they always leave a note about what they’ve done and they’ve been very friendly. I'm always satisfied with it and in the rare occasion when I’m not, if I let them know the thing that I want them to do, they always accommodate.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Merry Maids?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My house is really not dirty. I had surgery and I needed Merry Maids to do a thorough cleaning for me like cleaning up the fan blades. Overall, our experience with them was good. They didn’t do a bad job, but they didn’t do a $235 job either. I noticed a few things the day after they left. I have a laminate floor in the family room and I have a large area rug there also. The sofa sits half on the laminate and half on the carpet. I noticed that there was a lot of dust under the sofa and under the bed. I understand that Merry Maids don’t move furniture, but they should have had some type of a dust mop to get the floors cleaned. Plus the kitchen cabinets were supposed to be wiped down well, but they missed some spots there too. I expected not to have found anything for the price I paid. I wish Merry Maids would have followed up with me.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had plumbing issues in my basement and so once we got everything cleaned, I wanted to hire a maid to come in and clean the bathroom because the water over-spilled in the bathroom through the laundry room. I liked Merry Maids' pricing. Scheduling the service was easy, and the cleaning lady came early. Everything was fine. It's crazy because the bathroom is down in my basement and I still could smell the freshness when I walk into the house.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My neighbor had Merry Maids and liked them so I got them too. The people that come and clean the house were professional, knowledgeable, and friendly. Their service is excellent. They only speak Spanish and English so I get to practice my Spanish.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've been a client of Merry Maids for several years and they’ve been trustworthy and dependable. I needed help since I have many obligations but not enough time and they've been very nice, helpful, and flexible. They always show up. Their one weakness is when they change the people who are cleaning our house, the same level of cleaning doesn’t necessarily happen depending on who's cleaning.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My mom needed someone to help clean the house while she was away in the hospital. The reps of Merry Maids were very nice and scheduling with them was easy and they were super fast about it. After their service, our home is super clean. They did a good job.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I wanted my house a little bit cleaner but I didn’t want to do it myself and I can't do it so I figured I'd better pay someone to do it, and I decided to get Merry Maids. Scheduling a service with them was really good. It's all very straightforward and they made it really easy. Their rep was very knowledgeable and presented everything that we could do, and everything was very well done. So far, I've been thrilled with their service. It's a very good experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I wanted to have an apartment cleaned properly because the day a guy died in there we got to lease out the apartment. It was a very on the moment thing and I heard Merry Maids' name. They were highly rated on the computer by the people that have used them. I called them one day and then two days later, they were there. They did a wonderful job. I was very happy with them. They knew exactly what I wanted and all I had to do is explain it to them one time. I would recommend Merry Maids to anybody. They got a good crew and decent people to work with in the office.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have a disability and had to get somebody that might help with work all day. Scheduling with Merry maids was very good and they do great with their service. Their cleaning staff were really good and professional.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm on disability and it was hard getting around, so it was a little easier for me to get somebody to clean my place once a month and keep it organized. The rep always gives me a call a day or two in advance to give me an idea when the cleaning ladies are going to show up and if they're running late. There's usually two of them, they're in and out of here in about 45 minutes tops and always do a good job. Plus, they are very professional and courteous and we talk while they're working. The cleanliness is excellent. It's been about two years since I've been using Merry Maids, and I've been happy so that means I'll keep using them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have several health problems that's making it difficult to keep the house clean, so I decided that it'd be best to have someone come in and help with it, so I got Merry Maids. They came in and they assessed the house and things, and then explained to us what they would do. My interaction with their cleaning professionals has been excellent. They’ve done a good job in cleaning the house and doing little extras here and there. Overall, I've been happy and being with them for many years now says a lot about them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had an operation and for three years after that, my daughter would hire a cleaning lady to come in. Then we started seeing that it wasn’t being cleaned properly. My daughter did a spreadsheet on about four different companies and we found that Merry Maids was the most feasible for me at the time. When Merry Maids came in they did a fantastic job.

But I had stressed my concern with the local franchise about the cost. I'm a senior citizen and a veteran and I think it's expensive. I'm on a fixed income, nothing goes up for me. My house is easy to clean, not "dirty" dirty, and two girls would come in and spend 45 minutes cleaning it but the monthly cost is like taking your car to a dealer. I have no complaints about the service at all, none whatsoever, but my question is the fee. They said they have a senior plan but that’s it. It's excellent for people that can afford it. But if we’d have to cut back, it would be one of the things that I cut back.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I moved to New Mexico from Tucson about a year ago and had used Merry Maids a few times in Tucson over the third year as I lived there and had good results. So I called them to set up a regular service every two weeks. The first cleaning was good. The cleaning women were very pleasant and did a nice job. The second time, they scheduled to be at my house between 11:30 and 12:30 but at 1:00 nobody had called or shown up. So I called and the girl on the phone said that the cleaners had a job on the base and got stuck getting through the gate so they're going to be a half an hour late. I said, “Well, you know it would have been nice if they would have called because I've been sitting here for an hour and a half waiting.”

An hour later, they still didn't show up so I called back and said, “This isn't going to work for me. I am uncomfortable just sitting around waiting forever for somebody to show up.” It was too late in the day for them to get the cleaning job done by that point, too. She offered to have another crew to come and clean but I said no. I thanked her but said that I was not interested in using Merry Maids anymore. The issue is dependability and if I can't count on Merry Maids to be dependable then I'll look for somebody else.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have had a maid just about all my married life. But as I have retired, I did away with someone to help me and then several years ago I realized my house was just too much for me. All the people that used to help me when I was younger were gone or that didn’t want to work. I had a real difficult time finding anybody local to come in and help. I had tried several women and they just didn’t seem to know how to clean. I knew Merry Maids train their girls and so I called on them and I tried them.

I have had wonderful relationship with their rep Tashima. She's very friendly and professional, and any problems I had she's corrected right away. I fell in love with the first Merry Maid they sent. She just was one of these people who was a perfectionist herself, very friendly and down to earth. The next girl they sent me was quite up to the standard, but apparently it wasn't a job for her and I think she left. So they have replaced her with another girl. This week was my third week with her and I've been very pleased. I have a very large home and she comes to me first and I know she has homes after me, so I try to get things organized for her so that she can go quickly and get done what she needs to do.

Merry Maids is a little pricey for our area. Most of us in my little town are retired or just don’t have the income. But I have her twice a month and she certainly is worth it to me. I would recommend Merry Maids. I like the way the girls work, they don't stand and try to talk. They find out what they got to do and go right to it. It saves an awful lot of time.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I’ve had Merry Maids for many years and I have no issues or complaints. I’m on a regular schedule but they are very flexible if I have to make a change due to out of town or I have family or have something coming in. The girls are very good as well. They come in and do a great job. It's been an excellent experience with them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The Merry Maids cleaners come in usually every Wednesday afternoon to clean our office. The most recent experience we had with them was probably the best one. The cleaner this time, a new one, was really good and did everything real well. The quality of Merry Maids' service depends on who's doing the cleaning, and that last one was a lot better than the other cleaners.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The office manager of Merry Maids leaves me a message before their cleaning professionals come. I like the way their cleaning supplies smell. It's pleasant to come home to. Also, the house was very clean and done to the way I like so that's always good.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've had the Merry Maids for almost 20 years and the schedule has been set for 20 years. They're very dedicated. Whenever I need to change the schedule, they oblige me in every way. All in all, it has been an excellent experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I schedule the Merry Maids service well in advance. They come every month. I have a printout of when they're to come so I don’t have to schedule every time. They just show up when they’re supposed to and in my most recent service with Merry Maids, everything was the way I hoped it would be when I came home. I communicate with the cleaning professionals by paper as I'm not home when they come. I leave them a note if there’s something that I want them to focus on. Then they leave me a message after they clean with what they did. When there’s something I’m curious about, I just email or phone the office, and get to speak to someone right away. They’re always courteous, respectful and respond properly to whatever it is I’m wanting to address.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had two young ladies from Merry Maids last Wednesday. The captain’s name is Rhonda and the young lady she had with her was Heather. Rhonda is more or less on schedule. I usually get her every other week when they come. Heather was a fill-in, but she used to be a regular as it's the kind of the business that sometimes everything gets switched around. They do a great job and are perfectionists. Everything is clean from stem to stern and they take care of everything. They check everything like when they do a room, they check before they leave that area. And then when they're getting ready to leave, they check to make sure that what was supposed to get done gets done. It was excellent as usual.

Also, Don, the guy that holds the franchise for this area, is fantastic and the best. I had a situation where one of their competitors was trying to get my business. Then I called Don just so he would know that that was happening, and he would be aware of it. I really like him a lot. He's very professional, kind, and has a great personality. I would definitely recommend them to any of my friends. When they ask me who I use, I always tell them that it's Merry Maids. I'm used to having one maid that becomes almost like a family member.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My experience with Merry Maids has been very positive. They're dependable and they always do the same quality job. They’ve always shown up. I'm usually not here so we leave notes for each other and it works well.

My wife and I hired Merry Maids based upon online reviews, which based upon our experience, had to be cherry-picked. The Fairview Heights, IL office scheduled only one person to do an initial cleaning of our 2300 sq ft home. The "maid" was in our home for only 2 1/2 hours and based upon the unclean condition when they left, I still don't know how they busied themselves.

Kitchen: spots remained and crumbs left along the edges of floor, and granite counter tops still dusty. Master Bath: Tile floor not mopped and dusty, basins not touched, chrome not polished, and whirlpool tub not clean. Guest Bathroom: Floor not mopped well, shower surfaces not touched. MBR: Carpet not vacuumed under bed, lamps not dusted. Wood Floors: Pre-existing spots and woolies remained. General: Six-panel doors and door frames weren't dusted. Either the "maid" didn't know what they were doing, they didn't care, or they didn't think we would notice. At nearly a $160 an hour rate, we would expect our home to look, feel, and smell clean. TOTAL FAILURE!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My wife and I are 76 years old, so we depend a lot on the services that we get from Merry Maids. And it would be a good business for Merry Maids to offer a discount for people over 70 years old. Other than that, the young ladies from Merry Maids who come to us do a good job. They're well-indoctrinated, well-trained, and very polite. They're always very effective and efficient.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Emilia from Merry Maids is a regular person who cleans for us and she always does a fantastic job. I fact, we're very upset whenever she's gone and can't be here. After she comes here, everything’s done and the whole house smells good. I walk in and I love it. It's wonderful.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Merry Maids come every other Thursday and do housekeeping for us, and they've been very satisfactory. Neither my wife nor I are able to keep the place clean, so they come in, dust and do the floors. They keep the place in much better shape than we have for years. Some of them are very vocal and friendly. They're very dependable and they always call or send an email before they come.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The two Merry Maids ladies who come do a good job. They get in, get busy and get working. They're also very pleasant and thorough. The only problem we've had through the years is when different people come and don't know the house, though I realize they can't always manage to do that since employees come and go. But lately, the same two ladies have come in at least three times which is really good. It’s better when we get the same people coming.

Question and Answers - Merry Maids

What problem is Merry Maids trying to solve?

Merry Maids offers residential home cleaning services. Merry Maids allows homeowners to cross a major chore off their to-do list by keeping the house clean. Our customers trust Merry Maids to get the job done with teams that are professionally trained and background screened.

What sets Merry Maids apart from the competition?

Our cleaning services are thorough, consistent and customized. Also, cleaning services are available weekly, every other week, monthly or one-time. In addition to general household cleaning, we offer special house cleaning services for oven cleaning, refrigerator cleaning, window washing, packing & unpacking, wall washing, cabinet cleaning and post-construction cleaning.
All of our team members go through extensive background checks so that our customers can have peace of mind when opening their home to our team. We are bonded and insured so if an incident does occur, our customers are fully protected. Our nationwide network allows Merry Maids to offer the scale of the nation’s largest home cleaning business, with the service of a locally owned business.

What needs do your products or services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?

On every visit, our Merry Maids team dusts, vacuums, washes and sanitizes each room. Using our equipment and specially formulated products, we clean from left to right, top to bottom, so no detail is overlooked. It’s our products and processes that set us apart from the competition. We have a unique, proven method of cleaning various rooms and surfaces in our customer’s homes. Simply put, our goal at Merry Maids is to obtain 100% satisfaction in our service. No fine print. No asterisks. No worries.

How does Merry Maids measure success?

At Merry Maids, it is all about what the clients say and their experience with our service. We use a best in class system of client satisfaction measurement known as Net Promoter Score (NPS). This allows our clients regularly to provide feedback and tell us how we are doing. The voice of our clients is our key measure that fuels our future growth.

What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry and your company?

The most common misconception is that our industry is just a maid with a spray bottle and cleaning cloth. There is a science to cleaning. At Merry Maids, we dedicate time and resources to Research and Development because we believe that we are caring for the home and individuals that live there.

How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?

Not only has the number of competitors in the industry increased, consumer behaviors and their involvement in the shopping process have evolved. More and more homeowners are relying on technology. This includes online price estimates, online scheduling and online purchasing. In the past, this was typically provided through a phone call to our company and our cleaning specialist would visit the customer’s home for an in-home, onsite estimate. However, more and more customers now expect a simple, quick, online, 24/7/365 shopping experience without having to talk to a live person.

What is something you wish every consumer knew about Merry Maids?

What a great team of associates we have working extremely hard to serve our clients every day. The pride our associates take in delighting our clients through their cleaning, relationships and all the little ‘extras’ are what make Merry Maids the great company it is.

Has Merry Maids received any awards or recognition your customers would like to know about?

Currently, Merry Maids is celebrating 36th years in business. We were featured in the Franchise 500® list as one of the top franchises in 2013 and in 2015. We won Women’s Choice Award® for America’s Best for Home in Cleaning Services from 2013 to 2015. We are also ranked #1 by Entrepreneur Magazine in the Residential Cleaning category, named as a Top Military Friendly Franchise by GI Jobs Magazine, named as a Top Global Franchise by Franchise Direct, ranked in the Top Franchises for the Buck by Forbes.com and ranked by Entrepreneur Magazine as one of America’s Top Global Franchises.

How has Merry Maids grown or evolved?

In order to meet customer demand, our company has grown in the social media and online space to make customer engagement easier and more accessible. We’re also adding e-commerce capabilities to our franchisees’ local websites and are continually setting up more franchisees with this functionality. Merry Maids is part of the ServiceMaster Family of Brands. In the past 12 months, our Family of Brands has served 5 million residential and commercial customers, visiting more than 75,000 homes per day.

Merry Maids Company Profile