toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I have Merry Maids come and clean every two weeks. They come between 12:30 and 1:00 because I don't want them to come before 12:00. The day before, they come and let me know when they'll be here and they show up on time. The Merry Maids that come here are wonderful. They're very courteous, friendly and helpful. I just love them, and their cleaning is terrific. They do a good job and they have a good attitude about it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We’re very satisfied with the service of Merry Maids. Cris, our regular girl is very good and conscientious.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've been using the service Merry Maids for almost a year and their performance has been outstanding. We've had the same cleaner for nine months and I love her. I've had one problem in a year and it was taken care of immediately.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've had Merry Maids twice and they're fabulous. The girl that came was quiet, efficient, pleasant, professional, sweet, tidy, and lovely. She came early and stayed late that I had to practically throw her out. She did everything I wanted from the way I clean my refrigerator to the way I move stuff in my garage. I had her do a little about assorted things but it wasn't any heavy cleaning. It's just to help me get my act together before making a two-week trip to Chicago like having my refrigerator cleaned, my plants watered and my clothes packed.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I used Merry Maids's service in the past and I'm currently using them for under a year now. The service schedules have been within the windows that worked for me and they provide excellent consistent services that I'm happy with.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Merry Maids?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

A friend told me about Merry Maids and I have been using their service for a couple of years. Their performance has been nine-out-of-ten and scheduling with them has been easy. Everything’s been going pretty well. I would recommend them to my friends.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

So far, Merry Maids has been great. We've had them for so many years. They're always good no matter who comes out. The house is always better when we come back home. Their customer service is very good, too. I only had to call once and they took care of the problem right away.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We've been using Merry Maids' services recently for about six months but before that, we started using them five years ago. Their level of expertise is top-notch and they do a consistently good job every time.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have used Merry Maids' services for three or four years now. The ladies that have been coming to do my vacation rental have it down to an art and a science. I can walk away and know they're gonna do a great job. Their office is always helpful, caring and upbeat, too. Merry Maids is very professional, excellent and top-notch. They deliver.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My daughter had Merry Maids years ago and I've been using their services since the spring. They have very good work ethics. I asked that the same person be sent. She's consistent. I'm happy with the experience. I would recommend the company to a friend.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The Merry Maids staff show up every time and are on time. They also do the job well. They are delightful and they bring good stuff with them. I've been using their services for six months and I’ve recommended them to friends.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Merry Maids is thorough and professional. I schedule them every two weeks. The one new thing that I'm not extremely happy with right now is they're saying that they're just open between 8:00 and 11:30, which I haven't tackled just yet. And I don't feel comfortable leaving my keys with the company. I prefer to be there when they get there. I'd still be able to go to work in the afternoon and just coordinate. Nevertheless, the Merry Maids that come to my home have all been positive. They are very responsive to the needs that I have if I ask for things and I'm happy with it. Chiffon, the girl who's been coming, has been very sweet and she's great. I'd recommend Merry Maids. They have gone beyond what I've had with other services.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Our experience with Merry Maids has been very pleasant and worry-free. The response time when scheduling the service has been good. We've only had them for a couple of weeks, but there haven't been any issues. They've been very thorough, professional and I couldn't ask for more at this point. The cleanliness after they finished their service was good. We have a big place here, and it's a big task. The thoroughness and the detail of it have been good so far. It was a responsibility that we were really looking for someone to take on and everything has been awesome.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've had Merry Maids come to the house once a month to clean the upstairs for a little over a year now. I usually communicate with their reps over the phone and it's been very positive. Sometimes I reach them, but they always call me back if I don't. They send a schedule out ahead of time. They are always very competent and communicate well as far as any needed changes in the schedule.

In about 13 times that I've had them, there was just one time when I wasn't happy with the way they had cleaned the bathroom floor. I called and they offered to reduce my cost for cleaning the next time they came, so that was fine. I really appreciate that the cleaners come in a pair. There's a little more quality control that way. I also appreciate that I am dealing with a service rather than individuals working on their own because if someone is ill or if there is a problem with scheduling, it's not my concern to give up my cleaning day. Merry Maids works that out and they always come. They're more expensive than having someone come in that's not associated with a service, but it's not a turnoff for me. Overall, I'm very pleased with them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We use Merry Maids to clean our vacation rental and scheduling the service with them goes smooth. I had one situation where they confirmed the cleaning, but they didn't do the cleaning. I don't know what the mishap was, but otherwise, they always confirm and 90% of the time, the service gets done. Also, the cleaning professional was extremely nice and very proud of her work. I was commenting on all the reviews that we’ve had and the feedback that the place has been really clean, and she was very appreciative and it was a big motivator for her because she seemed like she took pride on what she did.

Based on all the feedback that we’ve gotten from renters, everybody says the place that has been serviced has been the cleanest condo they’ve been in. So, everybody seems to be pleased with the cleaning. But sometimes, the management or the people that were sending out the cleaning crew were not as organized as they could be, or maybe the communication with them wasn't right. There's always some big catastrophe going on in their office and they have to call me back. Other than that, they've provided great service and we've been very satisfied.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Maria and Maria of Merry Maids would always come in and ask me if I have anything special I need done, and it usually means making the bed or changing the sheets. They do it right away for me and they’re always personable. They always ask me how I’m doing and they talk each other, laughing. They are excellent at what they do and they do a spectacular job for me. If I’ve ever had to change my schedule, they’ve always been able to do so. If for some reason or another they’re running a little behind schedule, I call in and I’m told they’re running a little late but they’ll come within 30 minutes, then I'm happy. It’s always great and I recommend them all the time to my friends.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The Merry Maids rep was very helpful when I was scheduling my service. I was very happy that they worked with me on my schedule. I didn’t know how many hours I’d need them, but they just stayed as long as I needed them and I wasn’t committed to more hours than I needed. The cleaners did what I asked them to do, they were friendly and efficient, and they did a good job. I was happy with the results.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've been with Merry Maids for 19 years and they have been really good about scheduling. Every once in a while, I have to reschedule with them because of my medical condition and they’re right on it. They redo my calendar for me so that I’m back on track. I had them come yesterday and I came home to a smell of a clean house which made me happy. It was really nice and everywhere I looked, everything was tidy. It was a nice experience.

Their service people are always polite. I got a new dog one day and he happened to run in the house and one of the ladies was doing her little vacuum thing. The dog freaked out and she turned the vacuum off right away, let him sniff it and since then, the dog hasn’t even bothered about the vacuum. It’s those things that make them blend in and they’re not overbearing. Their cleaning is always exactly the way I would want it done and a little better. I recommended Merry Maids to a couple of people who were thinking about getting a cleaning service and they’ve been satisfied with them, too. Overall, the experience was comfortable, fantastic and uplifting.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm very glad Merry Maids was recommended by some friends of mine. They're great, always nice and prompt, always friendly and courteous, and always do a good job. They've been very accommodating when I've had to change my schedule for one reason or another. I really like that Jamie has been there every time and she is an absolute wonder. This morning, Jamie came in and bought us a great time. I had errands to run so she was left behind and when I got back, the door was locked like it should be, the place was nice and clean, and it was really nice and I appreciated the card and the candy. I hope they always send Jamie and there are no changes or anything. Everything has been great and I'm very satisfied. I've never had a problem with the cleanliness and satisfaction of our home after the service. It's very good and I never found anything out of place or that was neglected.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I most recently had an excellent experience with Merry Maids. They cleaned everything they were supposed to clean. Scheduling the service was simple. They just called to confirm. My interaction with the rep was straight to the point, quick, easy and painless. Everything went smoothly. The service was extremely satisfactory. It's top of the scale. My Merry Maids experience has been life-changing.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The ladies from Merry Maids that clean our home have been really good and we've been pleased with them. However, I didn't like it when we weren't sure what time they were going to come, and sometimes we already had something planned. They called one time and said they'd be here at 10:00 and then the cleaners came in at 11:00. We already had people coming for lunch, so it was very uncomfortable that we had people coming for lunch and the cleaners were here. We had to call and cancel them and tell them not to come, which was a bad deal. But scheduling is okay now and we're back on track. I like Crystal as the lead person. She does a really good job and we really like it. Naomi is the other one and my husband says she does a really good job too. We find a couple little things later, but most of the time everything is fine.

This is the first review I've ever written and hopefully the last one. I am so displeased with Merry Maid Services. They do not clean well and they are very negligent in your home. They break things and then think they can just write a report about it and then everything supposed to be ok. This is the third time that damage something in my home and this time was the straw that broke the camel's back. It was very expensive and I was supposed to just say okay. Well Merry Maids in Bethlehem don't use them. They are terrible and you will not be satisfied.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a cleaning done by Merry Maids at the end of November and I'm very pleased with it. Scheduling the service is automatic and I didn't find anything that the person didn't do which is normally done around the house. I'm always pleased with the way my house looks when I come home, and if there is a problem, they were quick to respond.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I love Merry Maids to death! I love my housekeeper. Her name is Rebecca and she does a fantastic job. Whatever I need done, she does it. I'd rather cancel than not have her. She really puts her heart into it. Scheduling has been fine except for the one time that she won't be there so she had to reschedule it for the following week. If she won't be able to keep her appointment, we reschedule it as long as I have her to clean. It's easy to schedule them anytime after after twelve o'clock but sometimes she shows up early and it's fine with me because my husband sleeps till about 11:30 so she can do the rest of the house while we're waiting on him to get up. She knows the routine so well so she seems like a part of the family.

The only problem I had was when I got billed $195 when I had already paid it. I called their rep about it and she said that she pulled it up, and that my check had been processed and it was paid. Apart from that, I had a fantastic time with Merry Maids. They did a good job!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The Merry Maids crew assigned to me is terrific and their administration is good. I'm very pleased with them. I had a couple of different crews over the last couple of months but once I settled on the crew that I liked I am able to stick with them so that's good. I had some persons who I didn't think were doing a very good job and I requested them to be replaced which was never a problem. They were very apologetic and immediately sent someone different. And they were very careful to ask what my expectations were so that they were able to meet them. Also, I travel and have to make changes to my schedule from time to time and they are very easy to work with on that.

There was also an issue where a person was overly enthusiastic about cleaning off some hard water from a glass fixture and they took full responsibility for having scratched that fixture. They replaced it at no cost to me and they sent both the office person and the plumber to come and do the installation. They were very attentive and made sure the job was done correctly. They even had to go out to the store and get the parts at no inconvenience or cost to me. That was really awesome which doesn't happen often. They are very professional and I am very satisfied. I have recommended them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Before we used to have Merry Maids come every two weeks. But there's just my husband and me here and we decided that we really didn't need them every two weeks. I called them up and told them we would like to have them come every three weeks and there was no problem with it. Their reps were very nice when I talked to them. Their cleaners always do a good job whenever they come here and it's very nice and clean. If they ask us any questions, we answer them and we let them go about their business. We're very satisfied with Merry Maids and have been since they've been cleaning our house.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Merry Maids came in and they did everything that they’re supposed to do. That hasn’t always been the case but because they do have a turnover so people don’t necessarily always know the house that they are going into. They cleaned really nicely and they left a really nice note. It’s a little form but there is a little extra note wishing us some Holiday cheer, which is really nice. I have a monthly service with them. I just set it up once, and then, they give me the whole year’s calendar. And then, they send me an email a few days before reminding me. The reps were always quite responsive. If they don’t answer the phone, they call back within one business day and they’ve always been good.

My only complaint is the price is pretty steep. They just increased their prices but they also gave a reason why in terms of the economic downturn that we have currently going on in Alberta. I would prefer to be on the same price plan that we were previously but it’s still good service. The professionals have been very nice, friendly and wanting to get out of my way. I also appreciated that this time around, for Christmas, they were collecting donations for an organization. They’re really professional and community-minded.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a one-time clean by Merry Maids. The cleaning professional came in and did everything I asked her to do. It was clean! She was courteous and did a great job. Scheduling was very straightforward and easy. All in all, it's been an excellent experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We had Merry Maids come out and do a main clean-up on the downstairs floor of our house. Scheduling was great and the schedule went the way I expected it to go. I sleep days, so I let them in, they cleaned and I went back to bed. When Merry Maids left, my wife woke me up and said she was very happy with it. She was very pleased with the way they did everything. She was elated. My wife had been in the hospital for a couple of months and had just come out.The house is much better than she expected when she got back because Merry Maids had been there. I’d recommend the company to anyone.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Merry Maids cleaned my house yesterday. It was fine and it was what I expected to be. They come every other week on a Wednesday and I’m notified on Tuesday afternoon when they should be coming. I have no problems scheduling it because it’s regular. I’ve had other people clean my house in the past and one thing that I noticed with Merry Maids is the quality does not degrade over time. When I have people clean my house, after a while, they get a little lazy and things don’t get done as well. And I do not see that happening with Merry Maids. The quality is consistent.

Question and Answers - Merry Maids

What problem is Merry Maids trying to solve?

Merry Maids offers residential home cleaning services. Merry Maids allows homeowners to cross a major chore off their to-do list by keeping the house clean. Our customers trust Merry Maids to get the job done with teams that are professionally trained and background screened.

What sets Merry Maids apart from the competition?

Our cleaning services are thorough, consistent and customized. Also, cleaning services are available weekly, every other week, monthly or one-time. In addition to general household cleaning, we offer special house cleaning services for oven cleaning, refrigerator cleaning, window washing, packing & unpacking, wall washing, cabinet cleaning and post-construction cleaning.
All of our team members go through extensive background checks so that our customers can have peace of mind when opening their home to our team. We are bonded and insured so if an incident does occur, our customers are fully protected. Our nationwide network allows Merry Maids to offer the scale of the nation’s largest home cleaning business, with the service of a locally owned business.

What needs do your products or services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?

On every visit, our Merry Maids team dusts, vacuums, washes and sanitizes each room. Using our equipment and specially formulated products, we clean from left to right, top to bottom, so no detail is overlooked. It’s our products and processes that set us apart from the competition. We have a unique, proven method of cleaning various rooms and surfaces in our customer’s homes. Simply put, our goal at Merry Maids is to obtain 100% satisfaction in our service. No fine print. No asterisks. No worries.

How does Merry Maids measure success?

At Merry Maids, it is all about what the clients say and their experience with our service. We use a best in class system of client satisfaction measurement known as Net Promoter Score (NPS). This allows our clients regularly to provide feedback and tell us how we are doing. The voice of our clients is our key measure that fuels our future growth.

What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry and your company?

The most common misconception is that our industry is just a maid with a spray bottle and cleaning cloth. There is a science to cleaning. At Merry Maids, we dedicate time and resources to Research and Development because we believe that we are caring for the home and individuals that live there.

How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?

Not only has the number of competitors in the industry increased, consumer behaviors and their involvement in the shopping process have evolved. More and more homeowners are relying on technology. This includes online price estimates, online scheduling and online purchasing. In the past, this was typically provided through a phone call to our company and our cleaning specialist would visit the customer’s home for an in-home, onsite estimate. However, more and more customers now expect a simple, quick, online, 24/7/365 shopping experience without having to talk to a live person.

What is something you wish every consumer knew about Merry Maids?

What a great team of associates we have working extremely hard to serve our clients every day. The pride our associates take in delighting our clients through their cleaning, relationships and all the little ‘extras’ are what make Merry Maids the great company it is.

Has Merry Maids received any awards or recognition your customers would like to know about?

Currently, Merry Maids is celebrating 36th years in business. We were featured in the Franchise 500® list as one of the top franchises in 2013 and in 2015. We won Women’s Choice Award® for America’s Best for Home in Cleaning Services from 2013 to 2015. We are also ranked #1 by Entrepreneur Magazine in the Residential Cleaning category, named as a Top Military Friendly Franchise by GI Jobs Magazine, named as a Top Global Franchise by Franchise Direct, ranked in the Top Franchises for the Buck by Forbes.com and ranked by Entrepreneur Magazine as one of America’s Top Global Franchises.

How has Merry Maids grown or evolved?

In order to meet customer demand, our company has grown in the social media and online space to make customer engagement easier and more accessible. We’re also adding e-commerce capabilities to our franchisees’ local websites and are continually setting up more franchisees with this functionality. Merry Maids is part of the ServiceMaster Family of Brands. In the past 12 months, our Family of Brands has served 5 million residential and commercial customers, visiting more than 75,000 homes per day.

Merry Maids Company Profile