toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Merry Maids came about four weeks ago and cleaned. They come in every six weeks and they do their thing while I do mine. If I had any instructions, I tell them. They're good and I'm fine with their services.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I’ve been very happy with Merry Maids’ service. Since last year, I’ve had the same schedule with them which is every other week. When I had to increase the schedule for whatever reason, they have been very accommodating and have always been able to help me out. I had to cancel once because of illness and they were very understanding. They’re consistent in who they send. I’ve had the same cleaning professionals for the last six months. I have two cats and they shed a lot which I’m very aware of since it’s an issue for me. Nonetheless, the areas where the dust can accumulate has been very clean. The two girls that have been coming are really fabulous and I would hate to lose them. There’s been an occasion when they haven’t come and Merry Maids sent two people that I have not had before but they’ve all been able to do a very good job. I’ve had a very good relationship with Merry Maids and I highly recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

They come every three weeks and they’re reliable. I’ve had to change a few times and they’ve been flexible and accommodating. I’m always satisfied with what they do although a little bit more thorough cleaning of the bathrooms would be nice. I always deal with Tiana and she’s friendly, helpful, and professional.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I schedule for Merry Maids to clean my house every two weeks and I’ve been very pleased with the service. The Merry Maids people I’ve spoken with have always been very professional and pleasant to work with and I would definitely recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I’m happy with Merry Maids' service. Their rep calls me for the schedule and she gives me the time, which is fine with me because I’m retired. The cleaning ladies arrive within the appointed time and they’re very pleasant. I want a thorough vacuuming and they do that. And in the past, I’ve had problems with cleaners who break things and so on. But these ladies from Merry Maids are very professional and knowledgeable and everything’s gone very smoothly. Also, Merry Maids have good products. And I asked if I could buy one or two of their products and unfortunately, I couldn't.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The quality of service that Merry Maids provided in my home was excellent. Their staff is pleasant and efficient and they make scheduling easy. I’ve dealt with four different reps on a longer term basis and I've had good conversations with them. They understood my needs and if I needed something short notice, they're quick to accommodate that as well. The cleaning professionals are all very careful of how they manage the things in my home. They’d ask if there's anything in particular that they'd like me to look after that day. They're just very thoughtful and I didn’t have to worry about them in my home. They’d clean the house as well as I would and I'm picky. The people at Peterborough office are wonderful to deal with and I would highly recommend them. I'm always happy with what they do.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had someone from Merry Maids come to my house to set up my service and she did a walkthrough with me. We talked about what I wanted and what they would do and then ultimately what that would mean from a pricing perspective and then we did a little trial. I get a routine service every two weeks and they are generally a pleasure to work with. They are always timely, prompt, professional, kind and attentive. I'm exceptionally satisfied. I call them my cleaning fairies. I have some other friends I recommended Merry Maids to and they have utilized their services.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Merry Maids?

I hired Merry Maids to clean my house. I cancelled after the first cleaning because they did not clean at all. I actually had to clean up after the maids, if you can believe that! I asked that Merry Maids send me back my key. The manager said that he would. I never got it and sent an email. Every time I've sent an email he does not respond, and I have to send follow up emails to get a response from him. He told me that he mailed my key back to me but I never got it, only to find out (after of course having to inquire multiple times about my key) that he sent my key to the wrong address. He did not even apologize or have empathy for me that my key was sent to an incorrect address with my name on it. This place is really bad. If I could do less than one star, I would.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Merry Maids come to me regularly and have been coming for the past four years. I find them very thorough, very effective and reliable. I let them know one or two days ahead of time if I don’t need them so they don’t come and that’s very convenient. They send the same team of people and I know them well. One of them was injured and they have allowed me to train the person replacing the usual lady. They’ve been careful lately and I’m very satisfied with them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I’ve always been pleased with Merry Maids. They are very nice, polite, cordial, and respectful. I tend to be a little picky, so I’m 85% happy. They could do better at cleaning corners and cobwebs. And very often, they leave stainless steel appliances streaky. I have told them how I feel, but it’s very rare for the same people to come twice. It used to be that I get the same person every time, but that changed all of a sudden. There's also a language barrier, but one of the ladies speaks English, so I mainly deal with her. They’ve always been very good about working around my schedule. And I appreciate that they're always on time.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Merry Maids came last week to do the usual. Everything was exactly as I'd expected and perfect when I came home. We've had the same schedule now for almost two years and it's been very easy to make any changes if necessary. We had another cleaning service before Merry Maids and the service is comparable. I just have a better trust factor with Merry Maids. And if there are potentially any issues, I don't have to deal with an individual who's in my house on a daily basis. I can go to their supervisor or boss or the office. I've been very happy with Merry Maids. They've been very responsive and we continue to plan a few of them as long as we can.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I called Merry Maids to set up a schedule and they just asked a few questions about the home and made sure their people could get in. They are really good about following up with emails and calls. So, the whole scheduling thing was really good. They were very professional and came on time when I told them the house was a bit dirtier than we originally talked about because I was away over the summer. I gave them two different times they could do it and they came early in the morning.

Both the girls who came out were completely upbeat and positive and did a great a job. I checked it after and everything was spotless. I was kind of expecting them to be a little bit pissed off or maybe even not do it but they were really nice with it. They weren't able to clean the whole house but that was due to the actual mess and we only allotted them three hours. But they did a great job on the stuff they had time to do. It was an awesome experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Merry Maids have been terrific. They come in twice a month and do a great job all the time. If anything, they stay a little bit longer to make sure that everything is done correctly. They delivered everything I’ve asked them to do. Their price was reasonable and they provided a good experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Merry Maids tell us ahead of time when they could be coming with usually a two-hour window. Then two people show up and clean the house that takes about an hour. They're very sassy, thorough and really do a good job. They're friendly although they don’t speak English too well. They are done inside the time window and we’re satisfied after they are finished.

As far as scheduling, sometimes they get things mixed up. We had a few issues at first and my husband who does the scheduling had a hard time because he felt like they weren't coming on time or they didn’t call us before they came over. We used to do a monthly and they will call the Friday before and sometimes they would forget and didn't call. We have a dog that has to be locked up when somebody comes in the house because he’ll go on the attack. My husband was concerned that because they have the code to our garage, he didn’t want them walking in and the dog seeing them and biting them. We don’t want anybody to get hurt. But now, we're in a good routine. We're totally happy with Merry Maids and we love them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Martha, the Marry Maids team leader that I've had for several years, always makes sure that her team completes the tasks that they were supposed to do and it’s all good because she keeps it that way. She's terrific and she explains everything to them if I need things done differently. I rarely say anything to the team members and they typically smile. Merry Maids' representatives are also great when I call about the schedule. They try very hard to plan the service around the time that I need it. Before, I usually want the 11:00 slot but I couldn’t get it. The schedule was iffy, but now, we finally booked the 1:00 slot. Their service is very good and they clean my house the way I used to clean it. I only have their service once a month and since I'm the only one here at home, it's not that dirty. I’m always happy when they come and when they go.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had Merry Maids before when I lived in St. Charles. Now I live in a 55-and-older community and Merry Maids has been here five to six times. They're different groups but the whole company is to be commended. Once or twice, they forgot something little but at least 90% of my experiences with them were good. Two girls come and they each do a certain thing at a certain area. Most of the time, the same people come out and once they've been here, they know where everything is and there's no problem.

Once or twice, new ones came out and I had to have them go back and vacuum this one area a little bit more because we have a very hairy dog and he's big, but they still did a very good job. I also tell them to ignore the dog and they do. Once, one girl came by herself but she still did an excellent job. Also, parts of the road where I live are also being redone and the cleaning professionals have been very understanding. They had to go on a little detour to get in, but they worked it out and they've always been on time, so I'm very pleased. I've never had anything stolen or broken either. I'm very happy with Merry Maids overall.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have nothing but good experiences with Merry Maids. I've had them cleaning my house for a few weeks during the last six months and it's been smooth. I moved during that time and they were quick to make changes. They set up a service every couple of weeks. But I was able to pick my time that worked for me. They were really flexible and they do a great job. It's always nice to come home to a nice, clean house.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Merry Maids did everything I needed to be done to my satisfaction. Scheduling my service is automatic and I never had an issue if I needed to change. All staff members and the maids that come to the house and on the phone were courteous and friendly. The maids were also very professional. Merry Maids always followed through with whatever I needed. I appreciate everything and I'm very satisfied.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I called Merry Maids to get some cleaning help. Warrenton is handicapped and I usually go in and clean the place. The agency is supposed to help them clean the stuff but things weren't getting done in a certain kind of way. So I figured I'd go ahead and check around for someone who can help. I also needed someone who can clean the rugs and provide a thorough cleaning a couple of times a year. I kept them for the year and it worked out.

Scheduling the service is an easy process. They work with me on the days because when Warrenton wants to go, he's gotta go. But on Saturday mornings, he's usually around so there'd be no interruption to his schedule. He’s gone all the time during the week and coming in back here and there. So, they work with me and they come every Saturday and he's happy about that. He can go out on Saturday evening and do whatever he wants to do. He loves it. Merry Maids is professional. In fact, the ones who clean the carpet, as well as those who clean the house, are really good. So I've had no problems with them and I'm very happy with them.

I live in Kentucky and I go up there quite often. And this year, I'll be going back again in October. The Merry Maids owner dropped by the apartment to see how things were going. I talked with her before and she'd come over and I'd show her the way I want it done. She’d check and see if I was satisfied and I told her I was. And so, I've got a couple of retired friends up there that I've recommended Merry Maids to.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

At first, Merry Maids' schedule of service for me was in the middle of the month, but then it moved towards the first of the month, which is fine and I've gotten used to that. Their reps would call to tell me the day before that they are scheduled for service and when they're on their way. If I happen to skip a week of their service because I was on vacation, they're easily able to do that since they're good at adjusting. I'm on the second floor so Merry Maids service the whole second floor. They also do the back and front hallways with the regular rooms.

I'm mostly at work when Merry Maids come here, but a couple of times that I've come home at lunch, they were here and they're good girls. It's good to come home to a house where everything is clean. Once in a while, I would find a nickel on the furniture but it's not a big deal but they could be a little more careful if they drop or mix something. Other than that, Merry Maids' service is always reliable, they do a great job and I'm happy with them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Merry Maids was here on the 14th and their service was incredibly pleasant. There was a problem in my home that was my fault. They called and handled the problem extremely professionally. They went above and beyond and I was really pleased. They will focus on things if I need them to do that and are responsive to feedback. Merry Maids are very professional and very efficient.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Scheduling with Merry Maids has been easy. I’m tolerant and easygoing about it myself so it works out. They do their usual cleaning on a Tuesday as expected. I've been with them for 26 years and the representatives are very good. The house is clean and it makes my life easier. Merry Maids treat their people well and that’s important to me. I am under the impression that they get their fair wage and health insurance which they should. They’re doing the right thing.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've been using Merry Maids for a couple of years now on scheduled visits. They come every three weeks and their cleaning professionals have been great. It's usually the same person who comes and she's wonderful. So far, everything is great.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Merry Maids, for the most part, is pretty consistent. I get a call the day before they show up then on the next day, by the time I get home from work, my house is clean. They come once a month but I can have them come more or less. Everybody has been really nice. I've had them since I bought my condo four years ago and they've done a great job. But there were times when they just left and the door was unlocked or the shades were open. But it's very rare. Otherwise, I would have dumped them a long time ago. If you have to be an educated consumer, one thing to keep in mind is that they won't clean anything that they can't reach up from the floor. For instance, if you had a fan and they couldn't reach it, they're not going to dust that. But I recommend them to friends and family. There's no flaw in the service that is worth giving them a hard time about.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We have a rental house and we had one week to get it ready. The people who were in there for a couple of months moved out unexpectedly and we wanted to make sure it was nice and clean. So we called Merry Maids to get in there and they did a great job. But I was surprised that they went ahead and used water on the wood floors. They're are original hardwood not like most floors that are sealed well. They told me that's what they do usually but they should have asked the customer before they did that. Everything else was perfect. I was there during the day but I also had some work to finish up. I wanted to get everything out of their way because they worked from top to bottom. Their cleaning professionals were very nice.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Scheduling for Merry Maids service was an absolutely great experience. The supervisor who came out to take a look at the house so that she could judge what the expense would be and what the needs were was delightful. Her name was Jen and she was smart, helpful and pleasant. I felt like I was talking to a friend. She followed through and I got everything set up through her. They were coming on a Saturday and that morning there was a terrible traffic so the supervisor that usually sets out the program for Saturdays couldn’t get to the office. She called Jen but she's usually not there on a Saturday. However, she went over and the two women that were coming to clean my home waited an hour for someone to get over to the office. It was no one's fault and they were great about it. They could have gone out home on schedule but they didn't.

I live in a split level home, so it's not huge, but I needed thorough deep cleaning. They cleaned inside the windows. They dusted everywhere including ceilings and base boards. They washed all floors and vacuumed all rugs. They did two bathrooms, carpeted and tiled halls, 10 carpeted stairs, living room, dining room and a family room. They did the entire kitchen, kitchen cabinets, kitchen floor, any walls that needed to be wiped down and all the ceiling lights. The ceiling in the bathroom was really full of dust and the door going out to the garage was dirty and those were all wiped down. They did it so efficiently too. They bought all their own supplies and I heard that the supplies they use were very good. They weren't chemical smelling. The house smelled great when they left.

They were here from 9:00 to 1:00. Although I stayed out of the way, I noticed that they worked well as a team. I had removed a lot of things to get out of their way and they kept saying that I didn't need to do that because they can handle all of those. They were pleasant people when I would call the office for a couple of different things too. It was expensive but the two women that came were absolutely as nice as they could be and they did a great job. I've mentioned it to a couple of friends and both were thinking they're going to call for cleaning. I had an excellent experience. It was easy and the people I met were really outstanding.

Merry Maids come on an every other week basis and they came and did a cleaning two weeks ago. It's been a very good experience with them.

Merry Maids come to my house every two weeks to clean and they do an excellent job. I normally have work when they come but I happened to be running late one day and had a very pleasant, nice and well-mannered interaction with the cleaning professional who came out to clean. Everything is good and I have recommended them to people.

I have Merry Maids come every week and they do contact me through email to tell me they will be there. They’re professional and friendly. Their service is good and if not, I tell them to go back and do the cleaning again, but it’s very seldom. I like having them here, they do a good job and I would definitely recommend them.

I was able to schedule exactly what I wanted with Merry Maids. When they came out, I asked them to do certain things and they were very cooperative and fast. It was a good experience and I would use them again.

My wife took care of the scheduling and it was simple. Merry Maids called and came out to give us a quote. Then we set it up for them to come every month and they gave us a set schedule for a year so we know exactly when they'll be here. The cleaning professionals have been friendly, pleasant and good. We've had really good luck with them and they've been great.

Our experience with Merry Maids has been very good. They came when they said they were coming and they did a good job on the cleaning. We always have a bit of a conversation with them, but they go to work and they’re busy.

Question and Answers - Merry Maids

What problem is Merry Maids trying to solve?

Merry Maids offers residential home cleaning services. Merry Maids allows homeowners to cross a major chore off their to-do list by keeping the house clean. Our customers trust Merry Maids to get the job done with teams that are professionally trained and background screened.

What sets Merry Maids apart from the competition?

Our cleaning services are thorough, consistent and customized. Also, cleaning services are available weekly, every other week, monthly or one-time. In addition to general household cleaning, we offer special house cleaning services for oven cleaning, refrigerator cleaning, window washing, packing & unpacking, wall washing, cabinet cleaning and post-construction cleaning.
All of our team members go through extensive background checks so that our customers can have peace of mind when opening their home to our team. We are bonded and insured so if an incident does occur, our customers are fully protected. Our nationwide network allows Merry Maids to offer the scale of the nation’s largest home cleaning business, with the service of a locally owned business.

What needs do your products or services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?

On every visit, our Merry Maids team dusts, vacuums, washes and sanitizes each room. Using our equipment and specially formulated products, we clean from left to right, top to bottom, so no detail is overlooked. It’s our products and processes that set us apart from the competition. We have a unique, proven method of cleaning various rooms and surfaces in our customer’s homes. Simply put, our goal at Merry Maids is to obtain 100% satisfaction in our service. No fine print. No asterisks. No worries.

How does Merry Maids measure success?

At Merry Maids, it is all about what the clients say and their experience with our service. We use a best in class system of client satisfaction measurement known as Net Promoter Score (NPS). This allows our clients regularly to provide feedback and tell us how we are doing. The voice of our clients is our key measure that fuels our future growth.

What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry and your company?

The most common misconception is that our industry is just a maid with a spray bottle and cleaning cloth. There is a science to cleaning. At Merry Maids, we dedicate time and resources to Research and Development because we believe that we are caring for the home and individuals that live there.

How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?

Not only has the number of competitors in the industry increased, consumer behaviors and their involvement in the shopping process have evolved. More and more homeowners are relying on technology. This includes online price estimates, online scheduling and online purchasing. In the past, this was typically provided through a phone call to our company and our cleaning specialist would visit the customer’s home for an in-home, onsite estimate. However, more and more customers now expect a simple, quick, online, 24/7/365 shopping experience without having to talk to a live person.

What is something you wish every consumer knew about Merry Maids?

What a great team of associates we have working extremely hard to serve our clients every day. The pride our associates take in delighting our clients through their cleaning, relationships and all the little ‘extras’ are what make Merry Maids the great company it is.

Has Merry Maids received any awards or recognition your customers would like to know about?

Currently, Merry Maids is celebrating 36th years in business. We were featured in the Franchise 500® list as one of the top franchises in 2013 and in 2015. We won Women’s Choice Award® for America’s Best for Home in Cleaning Services from 2013 to 2015. We are also ranked #1 by Entrepreneur Magazine in the Residential Cleaning category, named as a Top Military Friendly Franchise by GI Jobs Magazine, named as a Top Global Franchise by Franchise Direct, ranked in the Top Franchises for the Buck by Forbes.com and ranked by Entrepreneur Magazine as one of America’s Top Global Franchises.

How has Merry Maids grown or evolved?

In order to meet customer demand, our company has grown in the social media and online space to make customer engagement easier and more accessible. We’re also adding e-commerce capabilities to our franchisees’ local websites and are continually setting up more franchisees with this functionality. Merry Maids is part of the ServiceMaster Family of Brands. In the past 12 months, our Family of Brands has served 5 million residential and commercial customers, visiting more than 75,000 homes per day.

Merry Maids Company Profile