toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I was able to schedule exactly what I wanted with Merry Maids. When they came out, I asked them to do certain things and they were very cooperative and fast. It was a good experience and I would use them again.

Normally, we clean our house and we keep it really clean but unfortunately, we had a passing in the family and there was a lot of hospital time coming up to that point. So we weren’t in our house for about three weeks and it was really dirty. Then there’s people who would be coming over, and the house looks like a wreck. It was one of those things where we needed a one-time help to clean it quick while we took care of other affairs.

My brother-in-law knows somebody who works for Merry Maids and he called her. She did the scheduling then she texted me. We made the arrangements and she texted back that they’ll be there about 10 o’clock in the morning. They came in with all their stuff and they had their little shirts on. Then they just went off and did what they needed to do, which was good. They were in-and-out in a couple of hours and they did a great job. The two of them were very nice people too. They were great employees. The experience had been fantastic, overall.

Merry Maids come to my house every two weeks to clean and they do an excellent job. I normally have work when they come but I happened to be running late one day and had a very pleasant, nice and well-mannered interaction with the cleaning professional who came out to clean. Everything is good and I have recommended them to people.

My wife took care of the scheduling and it was simple. Merry Maids called and came out to give us a quote. Then we set it up for them to come every month and they gave us a set schedule for a year so we know exactly when they'll be here. The cleaning professionals have been friendly, pleasant and good. We've had really good luck with them and they've been great.

Our experience with Merry Maids has been very good. They came when they said they were coming and they did a good job on the cleaning. We always have a bit of a conversation with them, but they go to work and they’re busy.

Merry Maids always do a good job. They have the team of two that come in every two weeks. I've never had them fail in any rescheduling I'd have to do. They come if I have something extra I want them to do. They're very amenable. I try not to take advantage because I am under a contract for services but they never shirk. They're always very accommodating.

About a month ago, I got Merry Maids to clean my house for an event. Scheduling over the phone was easy, and the reps were friendly and patient. I had to put them on hold a few times, and they were very flexible. Although I would have preferred a little bit of a different rate, their pricing was fine for a one-time cleaning. We're happy with their service, it was convenient, and I would use them again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Merry Maids?

I'm getting older now so I have Merry Maids come to do the dusting, vacuuming and the general care of the living area of the house. Scheduling is very easy. The person who needs to be talked to was courteous, always seems to be on the phone when I call and seems to recognize me instantly. When they first came to estimate what the job will be, they told us what kind of cleaners they're going to use and how they're going to do it. They're very easy to get along with. They give us a good idea of the thoroughness of what they intend to do and then they do it.

The first time the cleaners came, they did a thorough cleaning of the whole area that's to be taken care of and they did a marvelous job on that. I've had them three times since then and every time, it's been very, very good. We’ve been here each time. They came and arrive when they said they would and they did an excellent job. They never chat. They know what they're doing, they do it well, and then they leave. Overall, they’re very professional and the results are very satisfactory.

I've been using Merry Maids for about four years. Their service calls started out as once every two weeks. But after I had been using them for about a year or so, I went to just once every four weeks. They usually give me my schedule one year in advance. But I definitely know when they're coming because it's always four weeks from whatever date they came last. The reps have been pleasant to deal with and they've never done anything uncourteous or unprofessional. They're always ready to accept my requests and it's always easy to reschedule with them. Any time I need to reschedule, I just call them a couple of days in advance and they can always reschedule me at my convenience.

The professionals that come and clean our home have always done a good job and it was always definitely above average. They were never rude and never gave me a bad experience. They were really timely, but in that profession it's sometimes hard for them to estimate how long the previous job is going to take, and sometimes their previous job took longer than expected. Overall, Merry Maids has always been professional, and very efficient and thorough.

Merry Maids reps were at my home when we were ready to move. The house was empty and I had them come to clean up everything before the new owners took ownership. It was very easy to schedule the service with them. Their reps were very professional and very courteous. In fact, the owner called me back even though their office was closed that day. She told me that she could schedule me as soon as she got back to the office. The people that were sent to our home were terrific. They went about their business and never bothered me. They have all of their own equipment and completed the job even better than I expected. They also followed-up with me which was nice. They called to make sure everything went okay and to tell me that they could offer services at our new location. Overall, Merry Maids has an excellent service and were very good about communication.

I set up my services with Merry Maids two years ago and it was very simple. Someone came to the house, interviewed me and we walked around to talk about what needed to be done. I was having surgery, which is why I wanted someone at that time. Then when I finished and recuperated, I kept them coming every two weeks. They’re very pleasant and efficient. They come right in and get to work so I’ve always been pleased when I run into them. They also do a very good job which is what I asked for. They do certain parts of the house and it always looks nice when I come home.

If there is something different I want them to do or concentrate on, I can leave a note and they'll make sure they take care of it easily. I’ve been very happy with the results. I work full-time and got a big house so it’s nice to know that they’re going to be consistent in freshening everything up when they come through. It’s taken a lot of pressure off of me to have to worry about doing it when I come home at the end of the day and I hate to spend my weekends cleaning.

I've hired Merry Maids a couple of times before. The first couple of times, it seemed like they're really trying to drag out the time they were here to get paid more. But when I recently had them out, I didn't really feel that. I felt like they were doing the job to get it done and then they left. The two women that came were very friendly. They were also very sweet to my baby. I liked it this time compared to the previous one. They were a little bit more fair in terms of their time to go around. My only real complaint is that it is way more expensive than many other places, and they do just as good of a job as anybody else. I was pricing around and other places just seemed so much more reasonable that I was a little mad at myself. But they did a great job and everything was very clean.

I came out of the hospital and I’m not allowed to use a vacuum cleaner because of my health. My sister-in-law got in touch with Merry Maids over the phone and they send two people every two or three weeks. They are quite good and I like them. They’re cheerful and though they have their ups and downs, I’ve never had anyone with any attitude and that’s one big deal. I find them to be honest too. I’ve had money laying around and that’s my fault. I shouldn’t do that but nothing’s ever been touched. That’s one of the big things in people cleaning. I used to work in an office and all the cleaning people would be accused of all those stuff.

They come in and do whatever they do. However, I want my rugs to be done a certain way so I have them use my own vacuum cleaner and they don’t have any problem with that. There's also certain areas I don’t want them to go in so I tell them where to clean and what to leave alone and they do it. When they leave, the place is clean. I feel confident and I’m pleased. Having them here also shuts my sister-in-law up. She’s already come and seen what they're doing so the $90 is worth it. I highly recommend Merry Maids.

We needed a major overhaul of the house because it had been empty for three years. I needed to find a company that was reputable. I searched the internet and saw Merry Maids. Their name was well-known and I thought they would be my best bet. I read a bunch of their reviews and the particular office that I called is listed in Havertown, PA. I used to live there for 17 years and recognized a few of the names of people who had written reviews, and this made me feel even more comfortable about choosing them.

The Merry Maids representative, Mike, was extremely nice and very helpful. He understood our situation — how we were all juggling and trying to do different things for both our parents at the same time. We were in a time-sensitive situation because we were moving dad into a nursing home and moving mom who's 77 years old out of an assisted living place and back home. I had three days to get things done and we had a date already scheduled with the movers, but we got pushed behind because the hardwood floor guys messed us over.

Mike was great in getting us two qualified, young cleaning maids, Gina and Lea. They were extremely professional and wonderful in meeting our needs and in making sure that everything got cleaned. Unfortunately, they were cleaning on the same day that the moving truck came. They were literally jumping from one room to another based on how the moving truck was packed and what was coming into the house.

Because of the hopping around, a few things were a bit less cleaned, like the blinds. It’s time-consuming to clean mini-blinds. I said, "Okay girls, let’s just give it a once-over. Get the main dust off. Then we can come back to that at a later time." That was our goal. Even the crystal chandelier was only wiped down and given the once-ove, whereas we used to climb on the ladder and wipe each crystal, one by one, but that would have taken a lot of hours to do. The cleaning ladies did all the dusting. The bathrooms and kitchen were scrubbed great, and the windows were done as well. The ladies also cleaned up any mess from the work done on the hardwood floors.

We wanted to possibly do the basement which was ridiculously dirty as there had been 50 years of junk down there that we cleared out. But I said, "Don't even attempt it. Let's just concentrate on the first and second floors, and we'll have you guys back another day to attack the basement, and do the heavier blinds and chandeliers."

I had one sister at the apartment with the movers packing up the loading truck. Another sister was at the house and she gave the cleaning maids a list of what room got packed first and so on, so they would know what would come off the truck first. Lea was absolutely exceptional and took the leader role of the two cleaning maids. She led back into each room and checkmarked to make sure that things were done. When she saw that the moving guys were coming in, if they made a mess, she went behind them and cleaned it up.

I ordered pizza and sodas for my sister and the girls because they were there all day busting their hump and jumping around like crazy people from room to room. The cleaning maids said no one had ever done that for them before and they were extremely appreciative of it. They were genuinely nice people, very caring and accommodating. They wanted to make sure that the house was cleaned right for my mom. There were just so many things that had to be done that I told my sister, "It's just too much. We can't do it all," and they took a load off of us.

Unfortunately, my dad got extremely sick after a few weeks at the nursing home and then he passed away. Everything has been on hold and all our attention went to that direction. Now, we're just starting to get back to everything that needs to be done for our mom. My mom also mentioned about the blinds and she said, "That takes time," and I told her, "I know Mom. We didn't have time and had to do the once-over. It takes time, but we'll get to it. I will call Merry Maids and have them come back and do the blinds and chandeliers." I’ll also have them clean the bathroom and I might have to do a third shot at the basement.

Merry Maids did a wonderful job and I was very pleased. I had family members coming to visit and I needed someone to come and clean my father's house because I couldn't do it especially that I had two back surgeries this winter. I looked up at Merry Maids on the internet and gave my phone number information. Then Merry Maids contacted me and a girl came out and gave me an estimate. She was very courteous and wonderful, and it wasn't difficult at all scheduling the service. The cleaners were also very nice, professional, courteous, and on time. When my family members were here, they cleaned up, did the initial cleaning and dusting. Then they came again, and I think it was another two weeks, and they did the same thing. The one thing that I didn't like was that they dusted the bottoms of the ceiling fan, but not its tops. But besides that, the cleaning professionals did a fantastic job and they were able to speak English. That was a thrill.

I have a relatively small house. It’s only 1400 square feet. I am here over the summer and I have it cleaned by Merry Maids once a month in the off-season. They’re a little pricey but it hasn’t stopped me from hiring them. Scheduling with Merry Maids is easy and the rep I talk to for that is very pleasant. From time to time, I’m here when the cleaning professionals clean and they’re very courteous. They do a good job, it’s the best I’ve seen and I’m very pleased.

We were shopping around and Merry Maids had some really great prices. When I called them to schedule a service, the rep I talked to came out soon after I had spoken with her to do a quote. It's really easy and quick to make a schedule with them. I only had to do it once then they show up at the same time every week. They're also good about following up for some reason such as when we have a holiday or the hours have changed. They get here when we get into the office, then they clean and they're on their way.

Their reps came in last week, were really quick and didn't disrupt us. I had a chit-chat with them and they're very sweet, friendly and very professional. If they have any questions, they don't hesitate to ask and after they do the service, everything is spotless. It's nice to walk into the kitchen and everything is beautifully polished. Overall, it's been really great. The people at Merry Maids are very courteous and very quick to get back to us. They're also very prompt which is good. I'm very happy with them.

Merry Maids accommodated what I wanted in terms of daily presence. Although, the first day that they came, there had been some kind of miscommunication where they thought they were only doing half the house. It was 4 o’clock on a Friday and I was worried that they were going to be leaving after half the house. But they called their office and the office paid for them to do the second hour so they could do the upstairs which pleased me plus we didn't have to pay for it. They did a good job and did everything as I expected it to be. Merry Maids was wonderful and I’d recommend them. I’m so glad to have somebody doing the cleaning for me because I don’t have time to do it. In general, I’m very satisfied and it’s worth paying for.

We have a cottage in Connecticut which hasn't been cleaned since the previous year. It's seasonal and we close it down usually the beginning of November and then we don’t open it back up until April. So it needed a really good cleaning. I live in Florida and I have a different cleaning service. But it was going to be a one-time thing and I wanted someone with a name brand that was bonded. Merry Maids immediately came to mind.

When I was online, I gave my telephone number and they called back within an hour. I explained the situation and they said they could do it. I did the whole thing over the phone, which was great. Afterwards, I just sent the keys to the cottage to the local Merry Maids, then they found the place and let themselves in. I got there shortly after they came and the place was spic and span. They had cleaned the bathroom, the refrigerator and the stove. It worked out really well. The place was immaculate and I couldn’t have been happier.

My aunt and my mother were both bedridden so I needed help with the housework and got Merry Maids. I’ve had them for two years. The girls come in every two weeks and do an excellent job. They are very nice, congenial, cooperative and there’s nothing that you ask them to do that they won’t do. I’m very pleased with them and I never have a problem. If something wasn’t the way I liked it, I say something to them and it’s done the way I want it. The service is excellent. I call all the time telling them what a nice job they’ve done.

I’ve talked with the representatives from Merry Maids that call every once in a while and they’ve corrected a few issues that I have had. The last visit I had, there were several new people and they didn’t do the full cleaning like they usually do. Usually, they dust and vacuum everything. But they didn’t dust at all in my living room. There was one person that was a regular but the other two people were new. She was training and they probably overlooked it. But, other than that, I’ve never had any problems. They come every three weeks and I'm pleased with it. I've had good experience with them and I've been satisfied.

Merry Maids' cleaning professionals come to us every two weeks and I've been really happy with their services. They always do a good job and it's always very clean.

They were great and I am very satisfied with the service. Every time I needed adjustment with the schedule, I send an email and they take care of it.

Merry Maids did well and was very flexible because they’ve been able to reschedule fairly easily when I needed to because of my job. They were nice and friendly, and everything was clean.

There were no issues scheduling the service with Merry Maids. The representatives were very sweet and efficient when speaking to them on the phone. It's been nothing but good. I've never met the cleaning professionals because I'm at work whenever they come. But when they go in, they clean then they leave and everything's great when I get home. It was also perfect the last time they came out.

Merry Maids did a great job cleaning my house. Their customer service has been awesome and the cleaning professionals have been very good and professional. I've had no issues or problems with them and I'm very satisfied.

When I first set the service up with Merry Maids, the lady came to give me the estimate. I got to pick the day of the week and she laid out the whole year for me. The only thing I have to do the whole year is cancel if I'm going on vacation and that's very easy. I also get a notice on the day before they come so there is no excuse on my part that I'm not here or not expecting them.

The cleaning professionals are always very respectful and very nice. Their service is very well done. I've used Merry Maids in other states when I moved and I like their concept. They rotate through the condo and concentrate on one room each visit. They clean it more and give it more emphasis. So, every six weeks, every room has been deep cleaned. Merry Maids meets my expectations. I've had things taken and things broken by other companies, so I don’t look for them anymore. I just always use Merry Maids. I don’t have any complaints with them at all.

We are a property management company and we have over 150 properties, about 20 of them are cleaned by Merry Maids on a monthly basis. I call the office and speak with Tierra and she schedules the cleaning. They're really good about accommodating last minute. I've personally met with Denise who had to come to some properties and Krista, the quality control manager, who came out to address some concerns I had about the cleaning, and everyone from Merry Maids including some of the cleaners who come to the property seem pleasant. If they don't have an online system yet, that would be great for them to have, too.

However, my satisfaction with Merry Maids' service varies. Sometimes I complain but other times I don’t. Sometimes they miss some stuff. We have large properties, so it's a lot for two cleaners to do. I've suggested to them that they might do four. There hasn’t been enough complaints to deter me though and I still use them. There are more times that I am satisfied. A lot of our properties are rentals so I refer Merry Maids to our residents for cleaning.

Merry Maids did everything we expected. We have them come in here every two weeks. Scheduling with them was great. They were very accommodating and it's painless when we need to reschedule. I was here when the cleaning professionals came, and they were very pleasant. Customer service has been great as well every time I've had to use it. It felt great coming back home after they're done cleaning.

I had Merry Maids come in for just one day. Scheduling it was easy and the representatives were very helpful and wonderful. The cleaning professionals went right to the job and did great. They were very thorough and professional. It was fantastic and I'm having them come again.

We have cleaning done by Merry Maids every two weeks. They come at the same time and are finished at the same time. They're all very friendly and very responsible. We're usually not here when they come but when they are finished with their service, the house is very clean. Merry Maids is very dependable. It's been a very satisfying experience with them.

Merry Maids comes out once a month and they give me a schedule ahead of time so I know the exact day they're coming. They follow the schedule so that's been working out very well. Sometimes I'm home when they come to clean but I don't stay. I leave them alone when they're working. They've been very thorough and efficient, and when I come in, the place meets my satisfaction. They've done a good job and I've had no complaints. The customer service reps have all been very cooperative and helpful too. I would recommend them.

Question and Answers - Merry Maids

What problem is Merry Maids trying to solve?

Merry Maids offers residential home cleaning services. Merry Maids allows homeowners to cross a major chore off their to-do list by keeping the house clean. Our customers trust Merry Maids to get the job done with teams that are professionally trained and background screened.

What sets Merry Maids apart from the competition?

Our cleaning services are thorough, consistent and customized. Also, cleaning services are available weekly, every other week, monthly or one-time. In addition to general household cleaning, we offer special house cleaning services for oven cleaning, refrigerator cleaning, window washing, packing & unpacking, wall washing, cabinet cleaning and post-construction cleaning.
All of our team members go through extensive background checks so that our customers can have peace of mind when opening their home to our team. We are bonded and insured so if an incident does occur, our customers are fully protected. Our nationwide network allows Merry Maids to offer the scale of the nation’s largest home cleaning business, with the service of a locally owned business.

What needs do your products or services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?

On every visit, our Merry Maids team dusts, vacuums, washes and sanitizes each room. Using our equipment and specially formulated products, we clean from left to right, top to bottom, so no detail is overlooked. It’s our products and processes that set us apart from the competition. We have a unique, proven method of cleaning various rooms and surfaces in our customer’s homes. Simply put, our goal at Merry Maids is to obtain 100% satisfaction in our service. No fine print. No asterisks. No worries.

How does Merry Maids measure success?

At Merry Maids, it is all about what the clients say and their experience with our service. We use a best in class system of client satisfaction measurement known as Net Promoter Score (NPS). This allows our clients regularly to provide feedback and tell us how we are doing. The voice of our clients is our key measure that fuels our future growth.

What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry and your company?

The most common misconception is that our industry is just a maid with a spray bottle and cleaning cloth. There is a science to cleaning. At Merry Maids, we dedicate time and resources to Research and Development because we believe that we are caring for the home and individuals that live there.

How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?

Not only has the number of competitors in the industry increased, consumer behaviors and their involvement in the shopping process have evolved. More and more homeowners are relying on technology. This includes online price estimates, online scheduling and online purchasing. In the past, this was typically provided through a phone call to our company and our cleaning specialist would visit the customer’s home for an in-home, onsite estimate. However, more and more customers now expect a simple, quick, online, 24/7/365 shopping experience without having to talk to a live person.

What is something you wish every consumer knew about Merry Maids?

What a great team of associates we have working extremely hard to serve our clients every day. The pride our associates take in delighting our clients through their cleaning, relationships and all the little ‘extras’ are what make Merry Maids the great company it is.

Has Merry Maids received any awards or recognition your customers would like to know about?

Currently, Merry Maids is celebrating 36th years in business. We were featured in the Franchise 500® list as one of the top franchises in 2013 and in 2015. We won Women’s Choice Award® for America’s Best for Home in Cleaning Services from 2013 to 2015. We are also ranked #1 by Entrepreneur Magazine in the Residential Cleaning category, named as a Top Military Friendly Franchise by GI Jobs Magazine, named as a Top Global Franchise by Franchise Direct, ranked in the Top Franchises for the Buck by Forbes.com and ranked by Entrepreneur Magazine as one of America’s Top Global Franchises.

How has Merry Maids grown or evolved?

In order to meet customer demand, our company has grown in the social media and online space to make customer engagement easier and more accessible. We’re also adding e-commerce capabilities to our franchisees’ local websites and are continually setting up more franchisees with this functionality. Merry Maids is part of the ServiceMaster Family of Brands. In the past 12 months, our Family of Brands has served 5 million residential and commercial customers, visiting more than 75,000 homes per day.

Merry Maids Company Profile