toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I love Merry Maids. They do everything I ask and more, and they're all friendly. One of them is pretty regular and she talks to me. They come once a month 'cause it's just my husband and I now, and they leave our house very clean. Sometimes the scatter rugs are crooked but I can live with that with a clean house. I have recommended Merry Maids to friends and they've used them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Merry Maids comes out bi-weekly and my experience with them has been very good. The cleaning reps are cordial and for the part that they’re responsible to clean, it’s always very clean. They're very efficient and I'm satisfied overall.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Merry Maids does a good job and it's a good thing that the job is quick but there are times that there are little things that they leave undone. I can see that they didn't move something and there's dirt behind it. They also take little shortcuts sometimes and I have noticed it several times. They send questionnaires that I filled it out, and they also sent someone for quality control one time, and I was happy that they did that. She saw that there were a few things that needed more attention to so she let the team know that. However, now it's a different area that looks like getting skipped over.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a good experience with Merry Maids in Georgia before so when we moved down here, I called them again. My husband and I were both very sick after we got here. I would call them and I would be able to customize what it was I needed at the time. If it was just my husband and I here, I would just have them clean the main areas and the bathrooms, but not the guest bedrooms. And then, we got a puppy which was another big thing. Also, my husband ended up getting so sick that he passed away. I was able to call Merry Maids and tell them the circumstances I had. People were headed down to my house and it was an absolute disaster, but in a matter of 24 hours, Merry Maids sent in a crew of three women and my house was spotless. I had clean sheets on all the beds and they were fabulous.

Then after my husband passed away, I left for five months. My daughter-in-law and son came down, and he told Merry Maids he's not sure how long I was gonna be gone and that he needed for the house to be presentable because we weren't sure if I was gonna sell the house as I was in shock. So again, Merry Maids sent their people in and cleaned out the refrigerator for me. When I came back four months later, the house was in great shape.

The last time I called and asked them to come in, I had company and just told them to take the sheets off the bed and I'll wash them myself. So, when Merry Maids came back this last time, they were able to send one person to do a three-hour sweep through the house and she cleaned everything and put clean sheets on the beds for me.

One of the things I like is their flexibility. I'm getting physically better but still have problems bending over so scrubbing the bathrooms, bathtubs and the showers and putting sheets on the bed are things I have difficulty doing on my own and they work with me. I'm here when they clean, so I get to know the girls who've been very kind and professional. They've done a really good job for me. Also, my neighbor has let them in a time or two when I wasn't able to be here and she told me that the girls are really nice and that she might need to call them. She has been impressed with what Merry Maids has been able to do for me. Also, the rates are very reasonable. I would definitely recommend Merry Maids. It was fabulous. I'm eventually gonna get to the point that I'll put them back on a regular basis.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I used to have a wonderful team from Merry Maids. They had a way that they worked well together. But when they put a new team, it seems that now, they're so disjointed that they go from one thing to the other. When they empty the trash, they don't empty all the wastebaskets. Once, I had dropped two tissues in the back of my toilet, but when they left, those tissues were never removed. That can only tell me they had not done the whole area completely. Also, I had them use my vacuum because I don't want them bringing somebody else's vacuum into my house and I like it emptied, but that wasn't done. I've been unhappy with this new team. I hate to pay that kind of money and still have wastebaskets that have stuff in them.

But four weeks ago, when Shelly, the manager who's incredible when she cleans, worked for one of the days because they had no one else to fill in, I told her what was important to me and when they walked out, everything was done and just the way I wanted it. I would recommend Merry Maids in general, but right now, I would not recommend this team because I don't see them working together.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Merry Maids?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I called Merry Maids to tell them that they did an outstanding job on the floors. It was a very good experience. Scheduling the service was easy and they were very friendly as they walked into the door. We walked out and they were gone when we got back. They also left a nice note. I would recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I’m very happy with my experience with Merry Maids. There was a time when our regular scheduled day didn’t work for me but they were very accommodating on making it work for a day that met my schedule. I have a good rapport with their people and I deal with them on the phone and via the computer. I appreciate their emails telling me that they’re coming and I also appreciate the text they send me. The girl that cleans my house does a wonderful job. Although once in a while I see that something needs to improve, I report it and it’s taken care of. So, I am pleased with them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have been using Merry Maids for over two years now and they come every other week. They let me know the day before what time they're coming. The reps have always been very cooperative if I see that something’s wrong. When one of the slats out of one of my shades came out, they came and repaired it promptly. Overall, they're doing a great job getting everything done and are very cooperative.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The representatives are very nice and helpful. We had Alicia and Renee, and they’re very good. I called Merry Maids and asked if we could have them more on a regular basis because we’re getting different girls every two weeks. But these two did a terrific job and by the time they leave, the house smells like it got roses growing in the front room. They clean and they know what we like. We’re set for every other Fridays and they tell me what time and they’re always prompt. It was a good idea that my husband wanted to have the house cleaned and I’m very happy. I have passed a note along to a couple of other people who asked who cleaned our house and we said that it's Merry Maids.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have Merry Maids come to my apartment every month and they do a really nice job. It's a standing appointment and what they do is call before coming. However, there were times that I had to push it because I work out of my house. I call them and say that they should come after 1:30 and they were a bit huffy over that. There are also times where they've come early so that sent me scrambling but I understood because I did it for two or three weeks in a row. Also, they want to be able to stick to their timeframe and finish early. What would be great in the future for them is to call if that's happening so I can make some other plans because they've walked in on me a couple of times while I was on conference calls and that's tough because they're trying to clean and I'm slowing them down as I can't get off.

The cleaners they send are courteous though a little hesitant to engage. They just come in, do their thing and there's not a lot of interaction. One of the things I love about having them here is when I come in, everything smells so nice. The oven area is great and they clean up the microwave. I also love that I don't have to do the scrubbing of the toilet or the bathtub myself and that it's always so shiny and nice. My Merry Maids experience is not perfect but it’s very good.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I’m very happy with Merry Maids. I just got home and the house is clearly very clean and smells good, too. Their service is automatically scheduled by the end of the week so I don’t need to do anything. And everybody’s been great, respectful and professional, as well. I’ve had other cleaning people in the past and this is by far, the best experience I’ve had.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have been using Merry Maids' services for more than 10 years. They are very flexible with scheduling and the quality of their work is usually very good.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

A friend told me about Merry Maids and for over a year now, I've been using their services. It's been great.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've seen Merry Maids doing work for Susan since 2016 and they've been very good workers.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We've had Merry Maids for a couple of weeks, but we've used them in other locations for 20 years and we've been very satisfied. We had to have some rescheduling and it worked fine. I appreciate their cooperative attitude.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I like Merry Maids very much as they’re consistent but it was kind of hard to schedule with them. They do not always do everything I want them to do but what they do, they do well. I've had neighbors and friends who had losses and trouble when they changed cleaning companies. I've had Merry Maids for 3 years and never had any problems with them. They have never left the door unlocked and have served us very well. I feel comfortable and secure with them.

Resolution In Progress

Heidi,
We’re sorry to hear about your recent Merry Maids cleaning experience.

We sincerely apologize and would like to make it up to you. Our team will contact you privately to go over your experience.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2017

This is my awful experience with this horrible company. My credit card was illegally charged and I demand it be reversed immediately. The ladies that work for them smell like ashtrays and they are dirty, and look gross. They are rude and incompetent and I'm warning everyone to stay far away from them. I did not sign nor did I have a binding contract. I was told what services were available to me but I never signed or agreed to anything. My card was illegally charged and the cleaning people you have are severely incompetent. I've had to had my house recleaned twice due to your lame people.

They smell, the work is awful and I am disgusted by you! Shame on you for being thieves and robbing people of their money. If your people were competent; I wouldn't have to go elsewhere. You're the worst kind of scum, and when my attorney and I get done with everyone will be either in jail for credit card fraud or without a job. Shame on you!! In addition to not being able to clean houses, you can return phone calls either. You're incompetent thieving scum!! Stay away from this company unless you want smelly, dirty, incompetent people Cleaning your house!!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had Merry Maids do some deep cleaning when I moved into a new house and their work ethic was very good. I had the grossest shower in the world. I thought there was no way they were going to get it cleaned and that I would have to replace it. Now it's beautiful and I was very impressed. I'm having some remodel work done on the house we moved into and as soon as I'm done with that, I'm going to have them come back on a regular basis.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Merry Maids’ service has been good. It’s the third time I've used their service and they haven't charged me outrageously for my small house.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We've used Merry Maids for over ten years in Illinois but here in California, we've been using them since August. They've always been dependable when they've made appointments to come and do stuff, and flexible because at times things come up where I have to be out of town. They've always been willing to work with me on that. And generally, they've been trustworthy because we've usually given them a key to our house or apartment whatever the situation was and never had any issues. We've worked with people in Illinois and then here in California, it's the function of the local management leadership. The factor is securely high turnover performance. Over probably 12 years, we had one or two items broken but that's not that bad considering my wife and I would probably have broken something too over that same time period.

I phone Merry Maid and Courtney from their facility came out and explained their procedure... Well made an appt on the 11th of January... They gave me a 11:30-12:30 pm appt that the girls would be here. Well by 12:20 pm... no hearing from them. Then rescheduled for 1-18-17. Received another call saying they would be here 11:30-12:30 pm... Waited and STILL no PHONE CALL by 1:30 pm. These people have no idea what they're doing & they are full of excuses... STAY AWAY!!!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I heard about Merry Maids through a friend. They have been very good and I have no complaints. I was very happy with the maid that they sent to clean my house. They did a fantastic job. I would recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've been using the service Merry Maids for almost a year and their performance has been outstanding. We've had the same cleaner for nine months and I love her. I've had one problem in a year and it was taken care of immediately.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've had Merry Maids twice and they're fabulous. The girl that came was quiet, efficient, pleasant, professional, sweet, tidy, and lovely. She came early and stayed late that I had to practically throw her out. She did everything I wanted from the way I clean my refrigerator to the way I move stuff in my garage. I had her do a little about assorted things but it wasn't any heavy cleaning. It's just to help me get my act together before making a two-week trip to Chicago like having my refrigerator cleaned, my plants watered and my clothes packed.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I used Merry Maids's service in the past and I'm currently using them for under a year now. The service schedules have been within the windows that worked for me and they provide excellent consistent services that I'm happy with.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

It's been about a month now that I've been using Merry Maids and it's been good so far.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

A friend told me about Merry Maids and I have been using their service for a couple of years. Their performance has been nine-out-of-ten and scheduling with them has been easy. Everything’s been going pretty well. I would recommend them to my friends.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've been using Merry Maids for over one year now and they've always been consistent with their performance. They come within their time frame that they tell me they would be coming. Plus, they complete the housework that I wanted to be done and everything's clean and sparkly when they leave. Their employees are also very polite, courteous, considerate and honest.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

So far, Merry Maids has been great. We've had them for so many years. They're always good no matter who comes out. The house is always better when we come back home. Their customer service is very good, too. I only had to call once and they took care of the problem right away.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We've been using Merry Maids' services recently for about six months but before that, we started using them five years ago. Their level of expertise is top-notch and they do a consistently good job every time.

Question and Answers - Merry Maids

What problem is Merry Maids trying to solve?

Merry Maids offers residential home cleaning services. Merry Maids allows homeowners to cross a major chore off their to-do list by keeping the house clean. Our customers trust Merry Maids to get the job done with teams that are professionally trained and background screened.

What sets Merry Maids apart from the competition?

Our cleaning services are thorough, consistent and customized. Also, cleaning services are available weekly, every other week, monthly or one-time. In addition to general household cleaning, we offer special house cleaning services for oven cleaning, refrigerator cleaning, window washing, packing & unpacking, wall washing, cabinet cleaning and post-construction cleaning.
All of our team members go through extensive background checks so that our customers can have peace of mind when opening their home to our team. We are bonded and insured so if an incident does occur, our customers are fully protected. Our nationwide network allows Merry Maids to offer the scale of the nation’s largest home cleaning business, with the service of a locally owned business.

What needs do your products or services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?

On every visit, our Merry Maids team dusts, vacuums, washes and sanitizes each room. Using our equipment and specially formulated products, we clean from left to right, top to bottom, so no detail is overlooked. It’s our products and processes that set us apart from the competition. We have a unique, proven method of cleaning various rooms and surfaces in our customer’s homes. Simply put, our goal at Merry Maids is to obtain 100% satisfaction in our service. No fine print. No asterisks. No worries.

How does Merry Maids measure success?

At Merry Maids, it is all about what the clients say and their experience with our service. We use a best in class system of client satisfaction measurement known as Net Promoter Score (NPS). This allows our clients regularly to provide feedback and tell us how we are doing. The voice of our clients is our key measure that fuels our future growth.

What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry and your company?

The most common misconception is that our industry is just a maid with a spray bottle and cleaning cloth. There is a science to cleaning. At Merry Maids, we dedicate time and resources to Research and Development because we believe that we are caring for the home and individuals that live there.

How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?

Not only has the number of competitors in the industry increased, consumer behaviors and their involvement in the shopping process have evolved. More and more homeowners are relying on technology. This includes online price estimates, online scheduling and online purchasing. In the past, this was typically provided through a phone call to our company and our cleaning specialist would visit the customer’s home for an in-home, onsite estimate. However, more and more customers now expect a simple, quick, online, 24/7/365 shopping experience without having to talk to a live person.

What is something you wish every consumer knew about Merry Maids?

What a great team of associates we have working extremely hard to serve our clients every day. The pride our associates take in delighting our clients through their cleaning, relationships and all the little ‘extras’ are what make Merry Maids the great company it is.

Has Merry Maids received any awards or recognition your customers would like to know about?

Currently, Merry Maids is celebrating 36th years in business. We were featured in the Franchise 500® list as one of the top franchises in 2013 and in 2015. We won Women’s Choice Award® for America’s Best for Home in Cleaning Services from 2013 to 2015. We are also ranked #1 by Entrepreneur Magazine in the Residential Cleaning category, named as a Top Military Friendly Franchise by GI Jobs Magazine, named as a Top Global Franchise by Franchise Direct, ranked in the Top Franchises for the Buck by Forbes.com and ranked by Entrepreneur Magazine as one of America’s Top Global Franchises.

How has Merry Maids grown or evolved?

In order to meet customer demand, our company has grown in the social media and online space to make customer engagement easier and more accessible. We’re also adding e-commerce capabilities to our franchisees’ local websites and are continually setting up more franchisees with this functionality. Merry Maids is part of the ServiceMaster Family of Brands. In the past 12 months, our Family of Brands has served 5 million residential and commercial customers, visiting more than 75,000 homes per day.

Merry Maids Company Profile