Find a Refrigerators partner

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Maytag Refrigerators Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Maytag Refrigerators?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Maytag?

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

I bought a fridge from Home Depot. It was on sale and not a Maytag. Somehow they delivered a Maytag. I am over-the-top happy with my fridge. It keep things cold. It is roomy, It has separate temp controls for the freezer and fridge. The bright LED lighting is wonderful. It is energy efficient. It is easy to move around when I need to clean under it. It was delivered right away.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

Installed by dealer ln 2007 and has worked perfect. Very happy with looks and performance. Would buy again. Temperature stays perfect in top and zero in freezing compartment. Has a Filtered cold water dispenser that is really used a lot.

Get buying tips about Refrigerators delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2021

It seems the Maytag plus refrigerators have good quality to them and they last for a while. A lot of people like the Maytag for them because the company has been around for a long time and they have good quality items for people to purchase for their homes. They seem to be well for the homes for people and they have a good reputation for them.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2021

The design pleases me every day I use it. Closing the main door gently shuts every inside drawer that may still be open. No chance of jams or breakage. Very reliable, trouble free. I would buy this again.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2021

It’s one of the products still made in the USA, if you are looking for a fridge with a 10 year warranty on the compressor, this is one you want. Decided not to have all the bells and whistles this time around, water and ice in the door is convenient but these extras break down quicker. Ice maker in freezer was good enough for me. It’s running very quiet, plenty of space for a regular household, so I’m very happy with my Maytag.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2021

I brought a French door bottom freezer refrigerator from Maytag November 2016. When you use the water dispenser it floods the place, so we stopped using it. It starts making a very loud noise and after several phone calls a technician was sent out. He said the condenser fan wasn't working and they don't have the part in stock so I should stop using the refrigerator. I explained that I am diabetic and my medication must be kept in the fridge, he said, "That's not my problem." I called the customer service department, spoke to one Latera who said it's unfortunate but Maytag doesn't cover medication. I called again and spoke with a supervisor who told me the parts weren't available and if I am diabetic I should go and buy a small compact fridge to store my medication. No empathy, no HUMANITY just plain rude. I will never again buy any appliances from Maytag, Whirlpool or any of their other affiliates as Maytag/Whirlpool are one and the same.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2021

We purchased a MAYTAG refrigerator when we recently built our present home. This refrigerator has been a nightmare! Ice forms in the bottom freezer and then constantly melts out of the bottom of the appliance all over the floor. We've had a number of service calls with no real effect. The computerized function that sets functions do not work well and often shut down the appliance with little clear way to start it up again. The ice maker/dispenser often clogs up or will not produce ice. We've had it! We broke down today and spent the money on a new GE refrigerator. My very strong advice is DON'T BUY A MAYTAG refrigerator with the freezer on the bottom!

Original review: March 18, 2021

I purchased Maytag fridge a year ago and it has been a nightmare. The freezer doesn't freeze items. the drawers were all damaged upon receiving. I have contacted Maytag for more than 10 times and 5 techs came that I paid 125 each visit to fix the fridge because I didn't purchase the warranty thinking it was a good product . It is not! They don't stand behind their word. They lie and they send unqualified techs the misdiagnose issue to collect service calls. Please avoid this brand by all cost. My experience is terrible and I never want to wish it on anyone.

Original review: March 12, 2021

DO NOT BUY THIS MAYTAG REFRIGERATOR. Purchased 9-30-19. Delivered 10-4-19. 12-9-19 - Not Cooling, Called Whirlpool on hold for exactly 1 hour. 12-11-19 - Repair service here - ordered new Control Panel. 12-17-19 - New Control Panel Replaced. 1-6-20 - Freezer is not freezing. Control Panel going up and down and blinking constantly. Called Whirlpool - on hold for exactly 1 hour. They called service repair. 1-8-20 - Service Repair here and ordered 2 thermostats: 1 for freezer and 1 for refrigerator. 1-15-20 - Service Repair here to install 2 thermostats - At this time I purchased the extended warranty for $119.30 for 3 years.

3-1-21 - Control Panel completely went out again. I called Whirlpool - on hold exactly 1 hour before they answer phone. I am so pissed. They call Service Repair. 3-3-21 - Service Repair here. They order new Control Panel. States these panels are continuously going out and they are having to replace them everywhere. 3-12-21 - I called Service Repair since we haven't heard anything. ETA on control panel from Whirlpool is not scheduled until 3-19. I am really pissed by now.

In the meantime I have been on hold with Whirlpool for 47 minutes. At exactly 1 hour being on hold, they answer my call. I'm told I have to wait. There is nothing they can do. I told her we were buying ice every other day at $10.07 for 2 20# bags and they won't replace money. Told me to throw my items away and they would replace all the food for $250.00 one time during the 3 year contract period. The service is Customer service on their contract is terrible. Waiting for parts is even worse. This is a piece of crap appliance and we will never buy another Maytag.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

Very poor quality. Vegetables freeze at the back of the fridge I have tried everything. The vegetable drawer constantly comes off its track and the freezer door slide jams and stops the door from closing. It leaves about 1/2 inch gap. Now the Whirlpool/Maytag company changed their corporate policy and won't allow an appliance store that to come out and fix the fridge I have to go back to the manufacturer. Their website wouldn't take my email address when I tried to sign up for an account and they won't answer the phone. What a hassle. I'll buy another brand next time but never GE or Whirlpool again!

Maytag author review by Jonathan Trout

Maytag designs and makes kitchen appliances, washers and dryers and central heat and air units. They have two models of chest freezers and three upright freezers.

• 15 cubic foot freezer: The 15 cubic foot model is Maytag’s smallest version of chest freezer. It comes with a 10-year limited warranty for parts and the compressor. It features an interior light and a keypad door lock. It retails for $549.

• 22 cubic foot freezer: Maytag’s 22 cubic foot chest freezer is its largest freezer and comes with a 10-year warranty on parts and the compressor. It includes an interior light and a keypad lock for the door. It costs an estimated $47 a year to operate. The 22 cubic foot freezer costs $849.

• Upright freezers: Maytag makes three stand-alone upright freezers ranging in size from 16 to 20 cubic feet. They all include a 10-year limited warranty on parts and the compressor, LED lighting and frost free technology to prevent ice build up. The 16 cubic foot freezer costs $649, the 18 cubic foot freezer costs $749 and the 20 cubic foot freezer costs $849.

• Specification documents: Maytag provides all specifications online in PDF form. You’ll find the warranty, manuals, dimension guide and energy guide online under each model's web page.

by Jonathan Trout ConsumerAffairs Research Team