3.1/5 (6639 ratings)

About Maytag Washers & Dryers

Maytag Washers & Dryers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Maytag Washers & Dryers?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Maytag Washers & Dryers?

Original review: Sept. 19, 2022

The motor of my Maytag top loader washer broke after 5 years. It was covered by 10 year warranty. There is no way to notify Maytag and get a Maytag technician in a timely manner. Maytag out waits you and forces you to buy a new washer. They do not honor the 10 year warranty.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2022

We bought a Maytag washer 3 years ago. It has two setting for load: autosense or deepwash. The autosensing function is designed to save water, but does not work properly, often times we found not enough water to cover the load. But, the biggest problem is terrible shaking during the spinning. I am a guy in my mid fifties, have seen fair share of dryers, never seen any shakes this bad. We reported the problem to the Lewes where we bought it and they sent a technician to come out who said it it is balancing problem and did some stuff. But, after he left, we found the problem was still there. We honestly worry the house may come down, it is that bad. Only setting shakes less is bulky load. We bought based on Maytag’s reputation as a reliable product. But, this washer is a total disappointment. I recommend not to buy. Defective product.

Get buying tips about Washers and Dryers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2022

Purchased new Maytag dryer in early 2020, a few months after I purchased the matching washer. After two years the dryer has never dried in one cycle. Even a pair of pants alone takes 2 cycles to dry. Set was around 1200.00. Washer is efficient and doesn't use enough water to clean clothes well. Dryer quit after a year for about 3 weeks. Then it randomly began heating again. Now after 2 years it has died again. About 5 weeks ago washer began making noises and working slower, then quit, just makes noise but doesn't move. When they were about 3 months old I contacted Lowe's and was told to contact Maytag. I did and was told. "Sorry, you'll have to call a repairman." Never a mention of their "10 year" warranty. They did apologize at some point but when it was 3 months old they wouldn't fix it, now that it's 2 years old and has quit, they still won't even look at it. Horrible customer service. Warranty is a joke. Company is producing junk.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2022

Do not waste your money! I bought a Maytag washer, thinking it would last long time. I purchased the washing machine in Feb of 2021. August of 2022 the washer broke. Would not agitate, just made a terrible noise. Called the manufacturer to request call back. Yes!!! They make a schedule to call you back that take few days. 10 years limited warranty on commercial unit cover only motor and drum and most important part gearbox is only warranty for 12 months but live on it is 16 months (home used).

Up to this time I have respect for Maytag product however after few days dealing with Maytag (phone conversation) I giving up. They offering me service tech for $120 for diagnostic then about $380 for part plus additional cost of installation. Cost of repair will be greater than my washing machine. I will never ever purchase any Maytag or Whirlpool product again and I will never recommend those companies to anybody.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2022

Maytag washers are a ripoff! I am an elderly woman who purchased a Maytag washer two years ago. On average, I do about four small loads of wash per week. This week the water would not come into my washer. A reputable repair man thought it was because I needed a new valve. He installed a new one at a cost of $180. It did not solve the problem at all. I called the appliance store where I had purchased it, and they recommended another service person. That person now says I need a new control board which is very costly. Not only is it very expensive and in addition to another service call, but the part is very hard to get and probably will not be available for several weeks. Don’t waste your money by purchasing a Maytag washer. This is a high end model, not a budget washer.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2022

Bought a Maytag “commercial “ grade for home. This thing has been a total failure. Error codes pop up constantly. Maytag's 10 year warranty is a joke as well. It only applies if you live in certain areas. I’ll never buy Maytag again.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2022

Do not waste your money! I bought a Maytag washer for my parents, thinking it would last them the rest of their life... Boy was I wrong. I purchased the washing machine in March of 2022. June of 2022 the washer broke. Would not agitate, just made a terrible noise. Called the manufacturer to request service. Well, after several calls and 2 weeks I was told there are no service techs in my area... That's great. You can sell it to me, but can't fix it. Whirlpool contacted me and stated if I have the machine fixed they will pay (up to 150 dollars). A service tech charges 100 just to take a look. I could not find anyone that could come in a timely manner, so I decided to try and fix it myself. These machine are built very cheap. It has 1/4 hp motor, plastic pulleys, plastic actuator, thin metal. All in all very cheap for what you pay. The actuator crapped out costing me 60 dollars and 2 hours of my time. Buy a speed queen people. Maytag has gone way downhill.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2022

Bought a top load Maytag washer July 2019 and never liked it. I still had to take bedding to the laundromat because this machine cannot handle it. I have written to Maytag complaining about how this machine uses no water to wash clothes. All our clothes look like they are ten years old. A year ago, it started making a rapid clicking noise and then a loud snap and now it is grinding. Going into spin sounds like a train going by. All Maytag would say, "call for service" sure at my expense. I have seen pages of one-star reviews for Maytag washer talking about the same problems. These machines need to be recalled. We are not going to spend a dime getting this thing worked on. I heard people have not been able to get these washers fix after multiple service calls. We will have to get another new washer again. I will never buy a Maytag product of any kind and I will let all my friends and family know as well.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2022

Maytag 5.2 cu top load washing machine. Model # MVW723OHWO. This is seriously the worst washer ever... Never again Maytag. Should have kept the trusty whirlpool. Clothes stay dirty, gets out of balance and skips the filling process straight to washing, or it will say it's washing when it's actually draining all the water out without washing at all. Sometimes it doesn't even agitate!!!

I hate this machine with a passion!! I wish I could return it. I'm actually have to go the laundry mat because the machine didn't do what it was set to do. I'm going to have to chuck this one up to a loss and buy a different brand. The main reason I decided to get a much larger machine was I have queen size comforters and lots of blankets to wash often. Well it doesn't work for them! Doesn't agitate or move them around so you end up having soap residue all over them. This is something they should put in the description that it is not suited for large blankets or queen size comforters, if they had I would have never bought it!!!! My Whirlpool 3.8 cu top load machine did a better job. It's a shame that I will have to sell it at a loss to buy a different brand that will actually work!

Original review: July 24, 2022

I hate this washer. It is a JOKE. I thought it was defective but as I read more reviews this is the way it washes. With NO WATER. There is not enough water to get the clothes clean or to wash. The clothes had dry spots on them when I would take out. The screen says DEEP FILL but it does not happen--just switches from HIGH to MEDIUM back to HIGH (no water) on clothes. The auto sensing adjusts the water level to what DRY CLEAN. Even if I put just a few items and put it on med load the clothes came out dry. I would stand there and watch. The machine would just fill halfway and then beat the rest of the clothes with no water???

I had to wash my clothes twice with extra rinse just to get them somewhat clean. The cool cycle always came out hot. It would heat the basement up. After we return machine they installed another machine. The man that installed put the hot water feed line on the cold which is marked on the machine (H). We called a water heater repair and they said it was our washer not the water heater, that cost us a 100.00 trip charge.

Maytag Washers & Dryers author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Maytag has been inside American homes for over 100 years and continues to provide innovative technology and great customer service.  The company is especially famous for its Maytag Man, a symbol of the company's dependability and dedication to service. Maytag continues to build success, with nearly five billion dollars in revenue generated in 2014. Their washers and dryers are available as top loading or front loading and can be configured to fit your laundry room’s space. Maytag’s innovative technology ensures your clothes get just the right amount of clean and just the right amount of dry, all while saving you time and money.

• Energy Star qualified: All of Maytag’s washers and dryers are Energy Star qualified, meaning they are energy efficient and will save you money compared with a machine that is not Energy Star qualified.

• Size capacity: All of the front loading and top loading models range from medium to extra large capacities, so you can buy one that works best for you based on the size of your average laundry load.

• Quiet: Maytag washers and dryers are quiet, so you can put them anywhere in your house, including closets and near bedrooms, without worrying about noise.

• Advanced Moisture Sensing: Maytag’s Advanced Moisture Sensing makes sure every article of clothing gets dry, from socks to towels. The sensor strips located inside the dryer measure moisture levels around the fabric of the clothes in the dryer. At the same time, inlet sensors determine air temperatures to stop the load at the appropriate time.

Maytag Washers & Dryers Company Information