Masterbuilt Smokehouses
1.67/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Masterbuilt Smokehouses

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Masterbuilt Smokehouses Reviews

Original review: June 19, 2019

I use electric because I was in a condo and that is what they allowed but now I love it because it is easy to heat up. I just wish it had an attached shelf to sit thing on. Cooks great. I am in a house now and I still prefer it over gas or charcoal because I don't have to buy anything. Just plug it in. It can cook fast or slow if I am doing something in the kitchen.

Hello Rosalie,

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review for your Masterbuilt Smoker. We are happy to hear that you are enjoying it and find it easy to use. Again, thank you for choosing Masterbuilt!

Original review: June 7, 2019

Purchased electric grill in 2016 to replace my traditional Weber. Good choice. Get timely and equal cooking. It does not smoke up the patio or the inside of the house. Easy to keep clean. Clothing that I wear during grilling is 80% less saturated with odor from the conventional charcoal grill.

Good Morning Frank,

We appreciate the amazing feedback and are happy to hear your grill is fulfilling all your grilling needs!

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

This is an electric grill. I like it because it's easy to get going, easy to clean, and saves time in setup and cleanup. It has a grease catcher which is easily accessible. Cleanup involves removing the grill, and optionally the metal reflector panel if it has gotten especially dirty. Great for a small home and just two users.

Hello Mark,

We apologize for the delay in responding to your review. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your Masterbuilt electric grill. We are glad that you found out the grill is easy to get going, easy to clean and it saved you time. We appreciate having you as our customer and invite you to take a look at the recipes on our website at www.masterbuilt.com.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

I received this smoker as a Christmas present 8 years ago. We live in Northern Wisconsin so in winter I didn’t want to have to deal with proper temp control with a coal or wood fueled smoker. I have used mine about 8 times a year doing brisket, ribs or fish. I use it summer and winter and have never had an issue with it. Maybe the newer ones are not built like the older ones but I love mine.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

The control unit on my Sportsmans Elite Electronic Smoker started to fail just over a year. Lights start to flash and if it does work it fails within 10-15 minutes and shuts off completely. I tried to call Masterbuilt and there is literally no way to talk with anyone. The only option is to file a warranty report online for which I am over a year so no value there. This is a really lousy product. The electronics are cheap and support from this company is useless. I do NOT recommend this product at all. The company does not back up or support the product well. Clearly they know the products have issues.

Hello James,

Thank you for choosing Masterbuilt and we are sorry to hear that you have been unable to get assistance with your smoker. If you would, please send us a private message with your smoker's model number serial number and your contact information. We are happy to assist you here. We hope to hear from you, thank you for your time.

Masterbuilt Customer Support

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Masterbuilt?

Original review: Nov. 6, 2019

I have a 40” digital electric smoker. Purchased 12/31/17 I’ve used it seven times. Recently I was washing unit after using it. I noticed cracks in the door trim. There are three cracks coming from three screws holding a trim piece to the door that connects to the door hinge. After contacting customer support I was told to buy a new $100.00 door.

They stated since it’s out of warranty there’s nothing they will do. After searching the internet, I found this problem has happened to others as well. The cracks appear to be from over torque when assembled, or bad structural plastic. The unit has been well maintained. I feel the reason these cracks didn’t show the first year of use was because they were small. Now they are growing. I was informed to just use the product even if it has cracks. Customer support is lacking.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
      Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

I have a Masterbuilt 40" Electric Smoker that I love when it works! I hate when it doesn't. The control panel has now gone out 3 times in 3 1/2 years. I use it about 15 times a year and I believe this rate of failure is a design defect. Masterbuilt will do nothing for me at this point. I purchased it at Lowe's with a 4 year extended warranty and they have screwed me by saying the extended warranty starts at the time of purchase, not at the end of the manufacturer's warranty like Home Depot does. So Lowe's is cheating me out of 1 year of warranty. Based on the $100 part cost, I'm considering starting over with a new different brand. Buyer Beware!!!

Hello Marv,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with your smoker. We are sorry to hear that you have not had a positive experience and would like for you send us a private message with your smoker's information and any case information you can provide. We are more then willing to troubleshoot with you and see how we can resolve this for you. We hope to hear from you.

Masterbuilt Customer Support

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

Bought the smoker in November of 2018 I was able to use it three times then I got a code eee1. Tried contacting company. They never returned my emails I sent on their web site. Took me weeks before I could get someone on the phone. Sent me parts that took 3 to 4 weeks to get. Had to pay someone to install them still smoker is not working. Told them I want a new smoker or my money back. Now they want me to send a video. It’s been 9 months and still I don’t have a working smoker. I will never recommend or buy another one of their products. Run away. Don’t buy their products

Good Afternoon,

We are sorry to hear this. If we can assist you, please send us a private message with your smoker information and case number. We hope to hear from you.

Masterbuilt Customer Support

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

This product absolutely will not hold heat. We cooked it for morning until night and ended up having to put our food on the grill to finish it up. We took the smoker to Bass Pro. We purchased it and they said you have to contact Masterbuilt. Masterbuilt will not stand behind the product because we did not contact them fast enough. It’s been over 12 months. We purchased this only 15 months ago and absolutely got no use out of it, so counting shipping there goes nearly $200 in the trash.

Hello Janis,

thank you for taking the time to share your experience with your smoker. We are sorry to hear that you are not pleased with the smoker and would like to assist you if you still have the smoker in your possession. Please send us a private message with you contact information, shipping address, smoker model number and serial number. Thank you for your time, we hope to be able to assist you.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
      Original review: Oct. 21, 2019

MY Smoker is bubbling inside, I contacted Masterbuilt and they confirmed that it definitely is PAINT PEELING!!!! And they don't want to stand behind their product, and could care less. NEVER AGAIN. GOODBYE TO MASTER RIP OFF. I wonder how many people will be getting poisoned!!!!

Hello Sharon,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are sorry to hear that your previous contact with us did not resolve your issue. If you would, please send us a private message with your case number, smoker information and any correspondence you've had with us. We would like to take a look at your smoker and case to see if there is a way that we can assist you.

Masterbuilt Smokehouses Company Information