2. Homeowners

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

MaidPro Reviews

Original review: May 20, 2020

Today Jennifer & Terry from MaidPro came to our business and cleaned. They did a great job and I appreciated their attention to detail. You could definitely tell they were here when they got ready to leave, because the place smelled great and look so good!

Original review: Feb. 28, 2020

I used the Miami location, Carlos ** was the manager assigned to me. My original service request was to clean the inside of the house, which they did well the first time, not so good the second time, as well as a terrace/pergola in the back. I requested and was given a quote for cleaning both parts of the house. The first time they left and did not touch the terrace, after I called upset they came back and cleaned the terrace (not well cleaned at all) the day after.

I called and explained the situation so it could not happen again, they came the following week and do the same. The manager would call me on the phone not to have any evidence of our conversations. He refused to give me the money back for the part they did not clean the last time, and charge me even extra after I cancelled the service. Unless you will be happy with mediocre service, do not use this company. In a period of 10 days they were able to ruin my mood multiple times.

Get buying tips about Cleaning Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

Amy Blanchard for claimed to be the owner of the Indian Trail North Carolina location tie weeks after a NOT detailed cleaning maybe unauthorized transaction AFTER hanging up on me for more money. Even after two attempts that was horribly slacking done I clearly stated I would NOT using services anymore. There’s pictures and evidence. I was overcharged per what was stated then come two weeks later without authorizing and hung up on me charge an additional almost $90 without any service.

Be AWARE. This company is a scam. She’s extremely rude. Over the phone conversations were extremely sweet, misleading, and acted professionally. When it came down to it not even with two times coming out was there even good service. Two weeks later there was an out unauthorized $88 transaction and the lady hung up on me. I had to call my bank. I’m currently filing a dispute. DON'T do business with them. Unauthorize draft of $88 along with after two times the service as quoted was not rendered.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2019

I live near Colorado Springs, CO and have been using MaidPro for a while. I have asked for some special requests (such as using my own floor cleaner instead of theirs) and they have been extremely accommodating! I was going to school full-time and needed an extra hand. After completing my degree, I have continued the service, because I love having my home look great. I look forward to the visit every two weeks like clockwork. Thank you, MaidPro for giving some of my spare time back.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2019

The cleaner generally did a great job. However, he missed things like the top of the refrigerator and small display shelves in the dining room. More importantly, I specifically said that I wanted a deep cleaning including having the top of my baseboards cleaned when I placed my order and spoke to schedulers. But when I mentioned this, the cleaner told me I hadn't ordered a deep cleaning and that I would be charged extra. I ended up just paying him $50 directly via Zelle to clean my baseboards. This is ON TOP of the $175 for the BASIC service. I highly, highly doubt I'll be using MaidPro again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about MaidPro?

Original review: Sept. 6, 2019

If you are moving out - DO NOT USE. Prices are decent but that is because if it requires anything more than a moderate amount of scrubbing they won't do it. Left my living room, laundry, and bathrooms needing to be cleaned.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2019

My cleaning was rescheduled various times due to MaidPro staff not being available. The first cancellation was made a few days leading up to the cleaning and the other was cancelled an hour prior to cleaning. While disappointed, I was patient during this period. The day of the cleaning, the maid was 1 hour and 10 minutes late. On top of this, there were areas that weren't covered that were promised in the 49-point checklist including the following: living room and bedroom carpet, entire bathroom tub, kitchen floor (debris was leftover), ceiling fan dusting/wipe, heater unit dusting/wipe, cobwebs throughout the apartment, various smaller areas. After all of the back-and-forth over the phone and weeks that surpassed since initially engaging MaidPro, the job came up short, even on a 700 sq foot apartment. This was extremely frustrating. I suggest you go elsewhere.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2019

Do not do not do not use this service. Overwhelmed by how horrendous the customer service was! I had originally made an appointment for today but called the cancel on Friday 8/23 because I did not think anyone would be home. When they told me I would be charged the price of the clean if I cancelled I immediately said, "Do NOT cancel, I'll find someone to be there." I got a confirmation email on Sunday 8/25 that someone would be coming today. No one showed up and I called to find out why.

The woman on the phone was horrendous - rude, raising her voice to me, just awful. She said that because I did not call back to re-confirm (of note she told me on Friday NOT to because they were closing) she was not sending someone out. Again I never cancelled the appointment. I am now being charged for a clean that I did not cancel. Have now seen other posts commenting on how rude the customer service was and wish I had seen this first! Horrendous and would not recommend. Useful Funny Cool.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

What an absolute joke. We hired this service for a deep clean of the house and specifically for the bathroom. They were supposed to be there for 4 1/2 hours. When the maid came she said the house was spotless and wouldn't take more than a couple hours. When I came home, the only things that were done was vacuuming a little bit of dusting, toilets were cleaned (barely) and floors mopped. They attempted to wipe down the appliances but left streaks everywhere. The only mirror that was wiped was the bathroom vanity. There was still layers of dust on the furniture. And the window sills weren't even touched.

The bathroom still had the soap scum in the grout and window and the shower head wasn't cleaned. Everything that was checked off wasn't even done! It's literally too much to type. The only reason we hired someone is because my girlfriend is 6 months pregnant and I'm working 100 hours a week, and we still did more the night before than this person did in a couple hours. Absolutely pathetic. And they think we are going to pay for this service. Don't worry, we have the pictures to dispute everything.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

I signed up with Maid Pro just for dusting. The young lady came to my home for deep cleaning constantly talking about how she pleases and works hard for her clients. She spent 2 hours supposedly deep dusting 5 rooms upstairs and didn’t have time to do downstairs. This was surprising to me as the house was just moved into and she was only dusting. Needless to say I refused to pay more for her inability to finish the job and told her she could the following two weeks when she came back as I was not paying more money for her to stay and complete what should have been completed in the time frame allotted.

When she left and I went to check on her work there was dust everywhere which led me to question their service but also what was she doing for two hours. They set me up with another lady for the following day after I sent them pics and video of her non cleaning. When the young lady came the following day I asked her does she have booties and she immediately frowned her face and answered nastily that she has none and walked out. I called their office and told my fiancé to inform her upon her attempt to come back in that her services would not be needed. She never came back in and drove off.

My 120 dollar deep cleaning fee was refunded to me and while the office and owner were very polite with respect to refunding my money they seemed to be uninterested in the details of what happened leading me to think these workers who represent the company weren’t even. Reprimanded and from the comments of these other reviews I’m almost sure of it. I would not recommend this company and they have actually turned me completely off from hiring anyone else to do the job for fear of having the terrible nightmare experience repeated. Seeing all these bad reviews should be a warning to anyone to run not walk in the other direction!!!

MaidPro author review by ConsumerAffairs

MaidPro focuses on cleaning houses and other residential spaces. The company was launched in Boston in 1991, and today, it is franchised, with more than 150 locations across the United States and Canada.

• Free online estimates: Customers interested in using MaidPro's services can receive a free estimate online.

• 49-point checklist: MaidPro cleans based on its 49-point checklist, a comprehensive list of everything that should be cleaned in a home, ensuring that no important area is overlooked.

• Safe supplies: The company uses cleaning products that are safe for children and pets, as well as the furniture and other surfaces.

• Scheduling options: MaidPro offers the option to choose how frequently you want the service to come, as well as their arrival time and how they access your home when you're not there.

• Small cleaning teams: The company only sends one- or two-person cleaning teams, making the experience personal and friendly.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team