Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

42 MaidPro Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

What an absolute joke. We hired this service for a deep clean of the house and specifically for the bathroom. They were supposed to be there for 4 1/2 hours. When the maid came she said the house was spotless and wouldn't take more than a couple hours. When I came home, the only things that were done was vacuuming a little bit of dusting, toilets were cleaned (barely) and floors mopped. They attempted to wipe down the appliances but left streaks everywhere. The only mirror that was wiped was the bathroom vanity. There was still layers of dust on the furniture. And the window sills weren't even touched.

The bathroom still had the soap scum in the grout and window and the shower head wasn't cleaned. Everything that was checked off wasn't even done! It's literally too much to type. The only reason we hired someone is because my girlfriend is 6 months pregnant and I'm working 100 hours a week, and we still did more the night before than this person did in a couple hours. Absolutely pathetic. And they think we are going to pay for this service. Don't worry, we have the pictures to dispute everything.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

I signed up with Maid Pro just for dusting. The young lady came to my home for deep cleaning constantly talking about how she pleases and works hard for her clients. She spent 2 hours supposedly deep dusting 5 rooms upstairs and didn’t have time to do downstairs. This was surprising to me as the house was just moved into and she was only dusting. Needless to say I refused to pay more for her inability to finish the job and told her she could the following two weeks when she came back as I was not paying more money for her to stay and complete what should have been completed in the time frame allotted.

When she left and I went to check on her work there was dust everywhere which led me to question their service but also what was she doing for two hours. They set me up with another lady for the following day after I sent them pics and video of her non cleaning. When the young lady came the following day I asked her does she have booties and she immediately frowned her face and answered nastily that she has none and walked out. I called their office and told my fiancé to inform her upon her attempt to come back in that her services would not be needed. She never came back in and drove off.

My 120 dollar deep cleaning fee was refunded to me and while the office and owner were very polite with respect to refunding my money they seemed to be uninterested in the details of what happened leading me to think these workers who represent the company weren’t even. Reprimanded and from the comments of these other reviews I’m almost sure of it. I would not recommend this company and they have actually turned me completely off from hiring anyone else to do the job for fear of having the terrible nightmare experience repeated. Seeing all these bad reviews should be a warning to anyone to run not walk in the other direction!!!

Get expert buying tips about Cleaning Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 17, 2019

I was not impressed with MaidPro’s deep cleaning job at all. They were at my house forever and since I signed up for repeat visits my first visit was supposedly discounted. It costed $285 and I could still find areas that weren’t cleaned. When I cancelled services they charged me $70 to my credit card that they had on file. They won’t see you unless they have a card on file. Poor customer service also to the person I spoke to on the phone when canceling. She could’ve cared less about me as a customer.

Original review: June 5, 2019

MaidPro was the worst. They were nice as pie when I scheduled the cleaning Service to come and clean my home. They didn't complete the job. I paid for a deep cleaning and they didn't finish cleaning my kitchen and living room. They had no reason for them not finishing the job. I would not recommend them to anyone.

Original review: May 20, 2019

I used this cleaning service because I was extremely busy preparing for guests coming in from everywhere. I had twins graduating from high school. Was supposed to be 2 girls for 2.75 hours of cleaning. It was deep cleaning. My house thoroughly picked up and ready to have all surfaces touched. They did not need to declutter or organize my things to clean. I also paid extra for an oven cleaning. The first hour only one girl showed up. The one that showed up spent an hour cleaning the oven with a spray bottle and paper towels. When the second girl showed up I left to let them GET TO IT. The office called shortly after saying I needed to pay for more time because they would not finish in time. OF course not at that pace so I demanded them out of my house, I was very annoyed that the "manager" kept talking over me.

When I got home the only thing done was: inside of the oven clean, appliance shined, master bedroom's sheets changed, and master bath's vanity, sink, and mirror wiped. They then sent me an email to tell they will "DEFINITELY" be charging me for the time the girls were at my home. What followed was worse with the interaction with the corporate office and the owner. What is now a dispute with my bank over them fraudulently charging my card for services they did not provide. I would not recommend. Slow and poor cleaning. The owner even told me "she just couldn't apologize" for the poor service. WOW!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about MaidPro?

Original review: April 4, 2019

Our experience with MaidPro was a nightmare. I had given instructions for her to arrive in the afternoon & she was at our door a little after 8:00am. She was slow, talked & talked instead of working, I was very sick & she took full advantage of that. MaidPro said the first time was always the deep cleaning & after that it would be only the areas I specified. On the checklist she checked off things she did not do. I didn’t go over the list until later only to see she checked tasks done that were not done. When my husband got home he couldn’t tell she had been there at all. I am not well & we wanted to have someone in to help with things I have trouble keeping up with. MaidPro was a nightmare instead of the help we need. I would never recommend them to anyone.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

This MaidPro office seems to be staffed by Stepford Wives, always preternaturally upbeat -- their voicemail message sounds like it is on an overdose of mood-enhancing drugs -- even when they are firing their customers, as they did with us. Our transgressions? As recommended by the manufacturer, requesting them to damp mop with water, rather than use their product, on our new cherry hardwood floors. As recommended by the professional glass company that installed our shower doors, requesting them to use a non-ammonia cleaner, which we provided, on all our glass. Having one of their cleaners -- who were different almost every week -- not able to find our townhouse because she put the wrong address in her GPS.

The final straw apparently was another of their cleaners unable to open our front fence gate, claiming it was locked even though the post office letter carrier and our cat sitter were able to open it every day. The actual cleaners ranged from OK to quite good. But the customer service rep, Hannah "Stepford" and the owner apparently decided we were more trouble than we were worth and fired us as customers just before our annual New Year's Party. Fortunately, we found a better cleaning service that was happy to come out on short notice.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

I called MaidPro because I wanted to spend some time with my husband and thought I could have them do the floors and the 2 bathrooms (both small). This seemed like the easiest part of house cleaning, although time consuming, and it would be simple to get it right. The customer service in setting the appointment was great. The first young lady who came to the house was extremely pleasant and paid attention to the things I asked of her. When we got home, she had not done most of the things we talked about and there continued to be visible dirt on the floors and in the master bathroom.

I emailed my dissatisfaction and provided a list of the needs so they could be addressed. They sent another person out the next day, as promised, and my husband spoke with her about what was needed. She even said the first girl had not done a good job. She, too, did not do a good job. She did not address all the areas I emailed or all the areas my husband spoke to her about. She addressed 3 things the manager seemed fixated on. I immediately canceled my service with them.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

I use MaidPro in Collegeville PA and they are always helpful and friendly. They are very accommodating when I need to make changes to my scheduled cleanings and will add extra services for me a couple times per year when I have family visiting.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

Spoke with Carrie to cancel the day before. She said she would need to send a team since she would have to charge me because it was the day before. No team showed up and she still charged me $231.00 on the credit card she had on file. Bad business practice. All other maid services I know of have 24 hr. cancellation policies instead of 48 hrs. Ridiculous. I canceled my service then reported the credit card lost or stolen.

MaidPro expert review by ConsumerAffairs

MaidPro focuses on cleaning houses and other residential spaces. The company was launched in Boston in 1991, and today, it is franchised, with more than 150 locations across the United States and Canada.

• Free online estimates: Customers interested in using MaidPro's services can receive a free estimate online.

• 49-point checklist: MaidPro cleans based on its 49-point checklist, a comprehensive list of everything that should be cleaned in a home, ensuring that no important area is overlooked.

• Safe supplies: The company uses cleaning products that are safe for children and pets, as well as the furniture and other surfaces.

• Scheduling options: MaidPro offers the option to choose how frequently you want the service to come, as well as their arrival time and how they access your home when you're not there.

• Small cleaning teams: The company only sends one- or two-person cleaning teams, making the experience personal and friendly.

• Best for: Homeowners who live in small spaces or people who are looking to have a close, personal interaction with the people who clean their homes.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs