3.32/5
Based on 34 reviews that contain star ratings

Discover the right cleaning service for you

34 MaidPro Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

I use MaidPro in Collegeville PA and they are always helpful and friendly. They are very accommodating when I need to make changes to my scheduled cleanings and will add extra services for me a couple times per year when I have family visiting.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

Spoke with Carrie to cancel the day before. She said she would need to send a team since she would have to charge me because it was the day before. No team showed up and she still charged me $231.00 on the credit card she had on file. Bad business practice. All other maid services I know of have 24 hr. cancellation policies instead of 48 hrs. Ridiculous. I canceled my service then reported the credit card lost or stolen.

Get expert buying tips about Cleaning Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

Unfortunately the worst attempt at cleaning ever seen! My floor is so sticky/unable to walk on it. They say they use Green products. Mr. Clean & OxiClean are not green & my eyes are burning & still nothing smells looks clean! Streaked mirrors & windows. However the girls were very sweet yet no experience. There was a break down in communication from management to them!!! Now I will spend hours cleaning up this mess.

Original review: July 1, 2018

We're happy with the consistency of the cleaning people associated with MaidPro. Our last cleaner, Yudisleydi (Yudi) did a great job and we look forward to seeing her in the future. It's a load off our minds since we're no longer able to do our home the way we used to.

Original review: June 25, 2018

In a nutshell - in 2016 I put the house up for sale and stopped getting housekeeping from MaidPro (Dallas store off Northwest Hwy). Even once I moved... (the house was empty)...they were still charging my credit card! So months ago I fired this company for charging my credit card while also cashing my checks. The credit card was necessary to begin, but they kept charging, even though I was also paying by check when they came to clean. Twice per month, a charge while also cashing checks. Why didn't I notice earlier? I had a hard time selling my house of 28 years and had already bought another house...owning two houses for 5 months. After moving into the new house only 2 miles from the first one I was going over my credit cards thoroughly and noticed the twice-monthly charge.

Also, there were charges after I'd moved out of the house. They were no longer supposed to be coming, and they weren't coming, but still charging the card. They refused to back out all the credit card charges - at least AMEX allowed me to dispute 2 months worth ($240) but there was at least another $400 that was too late to dispute. Why am I writing now? Tonight, I've discovered a two year old check written to them, that they just cashed! There goes another $60.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about MaidPro?

Original review: May 16, 2018

On my very first cleaning, one of the maids stole my pain medication. I know this for certain but cannot prove it or I would press charges. Not to mention they did a sloppy job of cleaning. I’ll never trust another stranger in my home again.

Original review: May 2, 2018

My husband had set up house cleaning services. My disabled brother doesn’t know how to clean and I wanted someone to help with that. They left before they even started stating human fecal matter around the toilet. You are a cleaning company, this is what you do! Gloves, have you heard of them? Better off working 60 hours and doing the cooking and cleaning myself.

Original review: April 19, 2018

I have used MaidPro over the past few months. During that time, they had to routinely send new teams back to my house because the cleaning they did was terrible. I’ve been billed incorrectly, dealt with aggressive staff members and had 2 occasions where nobody showed up and I worse yet I am missing valuable things. Worst Experience I Have Ever Had!

Original review: March 10, 2018

After spending some time asking questions but this company, I was reassured that I would get great people coming out cleaning my home everything through and that they would also make arrangements for it to be on a Saturday since I only request Saturday. They said it would be no problem. They called and confirmed my appointment twice and then two days before the actual appointment for Saturday after 1 p.m. or between 1 and 2 p.m. at the latest. Saturday came Saturday went nobody showed up. I had people and guests coming on Sunday and MAIDPRO screwed me. I said I had a normal maid that does come out, but sometimes she requires a lot more time in advance.

However by using MaidPro, I thought I could typically call at any time and not have to give so much so many days before my cleaning lady would come by, but in this case, it was worse! No one showed up when I contracted MaidPro. I will never ever use this company. This company screwed me. It took my credit card even before the service was supposed to happen. Nobody picked up Saturday at the local office, and the 800# could not reach anyone, but to leave more than 6 messages for a callback - which no one called. Liars, Frauds, and completely unprofessional and a company you can't trust or count on!

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

I called MaidPro looking for a reputable and professional cleaning service to clean my apartment. When I spoke to the representative I told him that I just moved in and wanted a thorough cleaning. I want to the windows cleaned inside and out. I want to the refrigerator cleaned inside and out. The microwave the oven I wanted a very thorough cleaning. They told me to do this for a one bedroom apartment was $177 and for the first time they will give me a $25 coupon which they did. She showed up on time. When she came in I told her what my expectations were and what I had asked to have done. She was quite taken back and surprise and told me nobody had told her that I wanted all of this done. I told her if this is a problem then I would get somebody else.

She then told me that it was OK and that she would be able to do it. I told her that it was no rush and "please take your time, I had nowhere to be." She rushed through the apartment and the cleaning job that was done was horrible. I ended up cleaning the windows myself. All the windows windowsills were not cleaned, half the stove was left dirty. I asked that the baseboard to be wiped down not one was touched. I paid her what they asked but I completely feel like I was ripped off. I would never recommend or use this company again.

Original review: June 6, 2017

The cleaning itself is great, but you have to get through making an appointment first. The appointment setter in my area (as I know it's different in all) is not very friendly and gets annoyed easily. Her name is Jeanette and being that I'm in Customer Service/Appointment Setting myself -- I know how frustrating it can be. This shouldn't affect the experience with the customer at all especially if their schedule is a little more hectic than the "average" person. I never thought our schedule was until speaking with her on many separate occasions. In the end, I get the feeling that she isn't too concerned with whether or not the house gets clean or if the customer is satisfied. It seems that the only thing she's happy with is not being bothered. It's a shame when your house cleaners are so much more friendly. Maybe they should make the appointments instead. I'm very disappointed.

Original review: June 2, 2017

I purchased a home in Cape Coral and wanted to have it cleaned before I moved in. I contacted Maidpro and they informed me they could do a move in cleaning service on 4/1/2017 (from 9 am to around noon) and enter the home using the lockbox or with the realtor. On 4/1/2017 at 10 am I drove over to the home to see how things were going only to find that Maidpro was not there. I stayed at the home until 1 and then left. Later that day I received a customer service call asking how I like the cleaning job. I informed them that my home was not clean and even send photos. I was then told someone would get back with me. Monday I went ahead and hired another cleaning service which did a great job. Wednesday morning I had a knock at the door... It was Maidpro coming to re-clean the home. I told the lady her service were not needed.

A couple weeks later I received my credit card statement with a charge of $450 on it for Maidpro. I called Maidpro again and was informed that some had cleaned the home on 4/1/2017. I informed them it was not possible. They agreed to review the case and get back with me. Here we are June 6, 2017 and Maidpro is still charging my credit card and claiming that they had two people clean my home for 4 hours. They even sent "documentation" to my credit card company to "prove" they were there. Now I am fighting with Maidpro and my credit card company but it is now a case of he said, she said. And guess who is being forced to pay... yup me. Be warned!

Original review: April 12, 2017

MaidPro responded back to me immediately and they were very helpful and friendly. They brought their own cleaning supplies, finished their work in a timely manner. They showed up on time, time stayed was true to their estimate, they told me they could clean once, weekly, biweekly or even monthly depending on what my needs were. Most cleaning companies charge $20-25 an hour but they are willing to work with you which was one of the main things that drew me to them. The value for the job they did was excellent. They did an amazing job, they were fast but thorough. They try to get in and out as quickly as they can but also do a great job it was my first time using their service. I will again.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2017

When I made the appointment, customer service were very nice and accommodating. The cleaning lady was also very friendly and cheerful. She did a great job of cleaning everything. She did come in and do everything in a timely manner. She also cleaned some of the areas that I have not seen in a while. Also, she actually cleaned faster than I did and did not miss a spot. I am very happy with the experience. I am thinking about using this service more often. Most companies want you to pay them by what has to be done and for time and MaidPro's service was very well worth the money that we paid for it. They spend less time doing it as well.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2017

The customer service was professional. They do their job thorough, detailed and done efficiently in a timely manner. They were prompt and reliable to do their duty of cleaning up the work area and performed their duties to the best of their abilities possible which was sufficient to my needs. Customer service and the quality of experience was helpful to my business needs in keeping the work area clean: friendly staff was courteous and worked in respectful manner. The quality of service is pretty high expensive rate but the performance was first high top quality rate of a job: very detailed and polished thorough work in a very timely manner.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2016

Very easy to get a hold of. They require their employees to be top notch and they make sure they don't leave until the job is done 100%. The quality of work is top notch. They don't leave until the job is done. I would recommend this service to anyone, I have already told friends and family about them. Typically show up five to ten minutes early each time their shift is supposed to begin. They will even stay late if their work is not up to their own satisfaction. For the quality of work and the fact I can trust them in my home, their value is exactly where I would want it to be. They are quite cheap when you consider all the money you save not having to buy supplies to clean.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2016

Fast and attentive people. They let me explain what I really needed and then told me how their service could fulfill my needs and made me feel confident about the honesty of the crew they would send. The crew arrived on time. Respectful and fast people. I would just have liked their cleaning would have been a bit more thorough: I found some dust at certain places. I only hired their service once, before moving out of my place. They arrived on time and did what they were supposed to do: leave the place suitable for the next family to move in. They just forgot to dust a few places, but it was fine overall. I was a bit concerned at first, because I asked for a quotation for the job from other companies and theirs was under a few, but I can say I was satisfied by the service I received for my money.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2016

Very happy with the Customer Service. I Was able to talk and hold a fun friendly Conversation Every time I spoke to the Cleaners. A Great experience for both Me and the Cleaners. The Quality of the service is not only a Recommendation. It's a Must. You'll enjoy the cleanliness and even better it'll stay clean as long as YOU keep it that way. Oh, and they are very motivational. So if I had to say they were reliable I would have to give them a 10/10 Simply Because the time they said they would arrive was 20 min after they already showed up. And they left an hour before they had to because they finished. With value come greatness. Behind it with Cleaning there comes filth behind it. So In order to have Value you must be clean well. When they Clean the Filth is gone.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2016

They knew what to do and they done it great. My house smells so clean and they got all of the stains out of the carpet. I would recommend them to all of my family and friends. The quality of their work is great. They take their time to do a great job and maintain a great experience. They will well-respected and I would recommend them to everyone. They were on time and set everything up to get ready to clean all of the rooms that I had carpet in. They were neat and tidy and well-mannered and courteous. I value them and would want them to come back and do my carpet again. Trustworthy because nothing was missing. I would let everyone know how great of a job they done in cleaning the carpet in my home.

Original review: July 21, 2016

They were attentive with my questions and concerns. Very friendly and asked if they needed to make an improvement anywhere. They were effect antenna and quick with their routine. I was able to schedule at my convenience. They were thorough with everything. I have no complaint about how well they got the job done. I will be calling them again for future use. My house is good size and I was impressed how fast they got it done. They are extremely reliable in keeping their appointment and showing up on time. I enjoyed all their handwork and made life easier for me. It was a great price for how much they do and how efficient they are. I am for sure it made it worth calling them back for future use.

Original review: July 13, 2016

Their customer service was very helpful in aiding me. They were nice and sincere and answered all my questions. Very nice company to do business with. Very professional individuals, neat and discreet, thorough and trustworthy. I came home to a clean house! Would recommend this company to everyone. Very reliable. Arrived on time and proceeded to get started. Didn't bother anything and left discreetly. Followed up after appointment. Well worth the price. Couldn't get anything better for less. Great value for a professional company. Highly recommend them.

Original review: July 12, 2016

They were very helpful and prompt, answered any questions I had and I didn't have to worry about my personal belongings at all, which gave me peace of mind. My house was clean and organized. I was extremely happy with the level of detail and the price offered for the work! It seemed like I got a crazy good deal but that was simply normal! They're very reliable and came when I expected them, answered all my phone calls and was super prompt and professional. I really appreciated it. Very happy with value. Great prices.

Original review: July 3, 2016

I've never had anyone clean as thorough as they did and I didn't have to worry about them stealing any personal items from my house. Very professional. They did a very thorough job cleaning my home. They did not go through any dresser drawers or closets or touch anything they weren't supposed to. My house looked better than I've ever seen. We set a date and time for them to come meet me at my house so they could look it over and clean and they were very prompt and very reliable. Most cleaning places I checked into wanted to charge an arm and a leg to clean a house but this company was very reasonable with their prices.

Original review: June 29, 2016

The maids were polite. There was a couple things that I was not very impressed with - the windows were pretty streaky and the toilet was not too clean after they left. The value was decent for the price plus I had a coupon for an additional ten percent off so I will consider. To be happier overall but once again there were some things that could have been better.

Original review: June 26, 2016

Very Professional and Courteous. Seem like very nice people. They appeared to want to do whatever it took to please me as a customer. I did appreciate that they were trying hard. It was mostly good. I wondered if they worked too quickly. They were fast but I did go over some things and they "missed" a few things but overall I was mostly pleased. They showed up on time and were not lazy. They worked fast and hard. They are also willing to clean some things that I think some other places would not like ceiling fans. Their prices were better than some others. I cannot say they are expensive. It all depends on what you need done and how bad and urgent is it that it get done. In this situation the value is good.

Original review: June 25, 2016

They do great work and do it thorough and they do it in a timely manner. And they are very friendly and caring and they enjoy the work that they do and they bring their own stuff. They have high quality work that they do. They come on time and they are reliable in the work that they do and they make sure everything is done in the way it should. They have a great reputation and have a great value. It takes a lot of time to clean and it is hard work so the value is great that they do.

Original review: June 21, 2016

Everyone was courteous and helpful. We were given all info ahead of time that we needed. They provided us with a good service at a reasonable price. We were treated with respect and never felt like we were being ripped off like when we had used a competing company. The quality of the service was great. I would recommend this company to anyone that asked me for my opinion because I really enjoyed using this company for their cleaning services. I thought their quality was so very great. I would rate the reliability of this company really good because they were always there when they said that they were going to be and I really appreciate that in a company's business. I feel that the value was very reasonable because they charged a reasonable price for quality work and that is something worth paying for. Sometimes companies don't treat customers very well but that is not the case with this company.

Original review: June 20, 2016

The staff are friendly and they are open to any suggestions. They even give me discounts on my next service with them. I hope they keep it up. They were fast with their service but they were also clean and neat with cleaning. They are strict when it comes to cleaning so I am happy with them. They can be trusted with my stuff and so far I've never lost anything. The people who were cleaning my house was friendly and informative. Although their price is a little expensive I can say that it's better to find someone who you can trust than to save money and you don't even know them.

Original review: June 15, 2016

A good reliable service that you can count on to be on time. Very courteous and respectful to your private areas. Did not use any harmful or smelly cleaner solutions that seemed to be biodegradable. Used a good deal of pleasant smelling cleaners. Was an ideal approach they used to clean each room. They kept on schedule to not go over the allotted time. They were very reliable as they showed up on time ready to work. They only brought materials to clean that was agreed upon prior to the work being done. The services they rendered was of good value. They placed precautionary measures to not place other areas in need of repair or additional cleaning. The cost of the service was reasonable compared to other services.

Original review: April 20, 2016

They were pleasant to deal with. They took their time and made sure everything was done correctly. They had a great personality and cleaned like they were cleaning their house. Very thorough. They made my house look spotless and smelled really nice. They even did extra work that I didn’t think they were doing. I would definitely recommend them. They showed up few minutes early and started working right away and they all came together. They actually did it quicker than I thought it would actually take. The price was average but the work was amazing. They cleaned very well and even did a little extra. I even gave them a tip because I felt it was worth it.

MaidPro expert review by ConsumerAffairs

MaidPro focuses on cleaning houses and other residential spaces. The company was launched in Boston in 1991, and today, it is franchised, with more than 150 locations across the United States and Canada.

• Free online estimates: Customers interested in using MaidPro's services can receive a free estimate online.

• 49-point checklist: MaidPro cleans based on its 49-point checklist, a comprehensive list of everything that should be cleaned in a home, ensuring that no important area is overlooked.

• Safe supplies: The company uses cleaning products that are safe for children and pets, as well as the furniture and other surfaces.

• Scheduling options: MaidPro offers the option to choose how frequently you want the service to come, as well as their arrival time and how they access your home when you're not there.

• Small cleaning teams: The company only sends one- or two-person cleaning teams, making the experience personal and friendly.

• Best for: Homeowners who live in small spaces or people who are looking to have a close, personal interaction with the people who clean their homes.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs