2. Homeowners
  3. Cleaning Services

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.63/5

Banner image

Looking for cleaning services?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Banner image

Looking for cleaning services?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

MaidPro Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about MaidPro?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about MaidPro?

Original review: Dec. 15, 2020

On 12/09/2020, 3 maids came to my vacant residence for 5 hours worth of labor for a move-out cleaning. After 90 min they left and the only things completed in the house were 2.5 bathrooms, all of the rooms (except 1 walk-in closet) were vacuumed, and the fans were dusted. None of the baseboards or blinds were ever touched. The cabinets in the kitchen were never touched and all of the tile flooring downstairs was never mopped. Per the contract, baseboards, blinds, windows, and kitchen cabinets were supposed to be included in the cleaning. The time slot for the maids to arrive was 8 am-4 pm. They did not arrive to the residence until 6:45 pm. Considering the house was completely empty (3 bed, 2.5 bath), it was very disappointing to see how poor of a job 3 maids did in 90 min. Being a first time customer with this company, I would not recommend this company to anyone else or use your services again.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2020

We had MaidPro out today for our first “deep cleaning”. The staff was very friendly and even left a checklist of all the things they did. The only problem was they didn’t do several of the items even though they were checked. We called back to voice our concerns. They did discount the service, and offer to come back. We declined them coming back today because my wife already went behind and cleaned all the things that were missed. However, we did want to keep the twice a month plan we had asked for. Unfortunately, they were magically “all booked” going forward. I really wanted to like them, they came highly recommended, but our experience has been terrible.

Get buying tips about Cleaning Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2020

I sold my home and had MaidPro come to clean before new owners arrived. I was still packing items and loading my car. I cleaned my bathroom drawers and left my jewelry case in the middle drawer to collect at the very end. In my rush to get out I forgot to go back to the bathroom to collect my case out of the drawer. I called the next day and said that I had left my jewelry case. I was told they did not find anything. I remembered every step of my packing in the bathroom and I know that I left it there. I even went so far at the time to tell myself not to forget to go back and get it. But I was dumb and forgot to go back. It was my mistake but it should have been given to me when they found it. I would never use MaidPro that services Jacksonville Beach, Fl. Their ad states that they have integrity and are honorable. But they do not have any of these qualities. This was a true experience.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2020

Hired for a move out clean on a one-bedroom. They called 2 hours into a 4-hour job to say they needed 2 more hours. Considering this was an 800 sq.ft. apartment, I was not happy but I broke my ankle and couldn’t do it myself, so I reluctantly approved the extra charge. They claimed that the move out cleans take longer because they go deeper. I found this to be a lie. Went to take pictures and the job wasn’t done! They took the money, but didn’t finish - they didn’t touch the porch or the closets, which I had specifically requested get extra attention. So, on my broken ankle, I finished cleaning the place. I cleaned the closets and the porch. There is no way this half-assed job took six hours. Do not hire these con artists, they will take your money and leave you to finish the job.

Original review: May 20, 2020

Today Jennifer & Terry from MaidPro came to our business and cleaned. They did a great job and I appreciated their attention to detail. You could definitely tell they were here when they got ready to leave, because the place smelled great and look so good!

Original review: Feb. 28, 2020

I used the Miami location, Carlos ** was the manager assigned to me. My original service request was to clean the inside of the house, which they did well the first time, not so good the second time, as well as a terrace/pergola in the back. I requested and was given a quote for cleaning both parts of the house. The first time they left and did not touch the terrace, after I called upset they came back and cleaned the terrace (not well cleaned at all) the day after.

I called and explained the situation so it could not happen again, they came the following week and do the same. The manager would call me on the phone not to have any evidence of our conversations. He refused to give me the money back for the part they did not clean the last time, and charge me even extra after I cancelled the service. Unless you will be happy with mediocre service, do not use this company. In a period of 10 days they were able to ruin my mood multiple times.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

Amy Blanchard for claimed to be the owner of the Indian Trail North Carolina location tie weeks after a NOT detailed cleaning maybe unauthorized transaction AFTER hanging up on me for more money. Even after two attempts that was horribly slacking done I clearly stated I would NOT using services anymore. There’s pictures and evidence. I was overcharged per what was stated then come two weeks later without authorizing and hung up on me charge an additional almost $90 without any service.

Be AWARE. This company is a scam. She’s extremely rude. Over the phone conversations were extremely sweet, misleading, and acted professionally. When it came down to it not even with two times coming out was there even good service. Two weeks later there was an out unauthorized $88 transaction and the lady hung up on me. I had to call my bank. I’m currently filing a dispute. DON'T do business with them. Unauthorize draft of $88 along with after two times the service as quoted was not rendered.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2019

I live near Colorado Springs, CO and have been using MaidPro for a while. I have asked for some special requests (such as using my own floor cleaner instead of theirs) and they have been extremely accommodating! I was going to school full-time and needed an extra hand. After completing my degree, I have continued the service, because I love having my home look great. I look forward to the visit every two weeks like clockwork. Thank you, MaidPro for giving some of my spare time back.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2019

The cleaner generally did a great job. However, he missed things like the top of the refrigerator and small display shelves in the dining room. More importantly, I specifically said that I wanted a deep cleaning including having the top of my baseboards cleaned when I placed my order and spoke to schedulers. But when I mentioned this, the cleaner told me I hadn't ordered a deep cleaning and that I would be charged extra. I ended up just paying him $50 directly via Zelle to clean my baseboards. This is ON TOP of the $175 for the BASIC service. I highly, highly doubt I'll be using MaidPro again.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2019

If you are moving out - DO NOT USE. Prices are decent but that is because if it requires anything more than a moderate amount of scrubbing they won't do it. Left my living room, laundry, and bathrooms needing to be cleaned.

MaidPro author review by ConsumerAffairs

MaidPro focuses on cleaning houses and other residential spaces. The company was launched in Boston in 1991, and today, it is franchised, with more than 150 locations across the United States and Canada.

• Free online estimates: Customers interested in using MaidPro's services can receive a free estimate online.

• 49-point checklist: MaidPro cleans based on its 49-point checklist, a comprehensive list of everything that should be cleaned in a home, ensuring that no important area is overlooked.

• Safe supplies: The company uses cleaning products that are safe for children and pets, as well as the furniture and other surfaces.

• Scheduling options: MaidPro offers the option to choose how frequently you want the service to come, as well as their arrival time and how they access your home when you're not there.

• Small cleaning teams: The company only sends one- or two-person cleaning teams, making the experience personal and friendly.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team