Find a Cleaning Services partner

3. Cleaning Services

2.6/5 (23 ratings)
Find a Cleaning Services partner
Banner image

Looking for cleaning services?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

About Maid Brigade

Banner image

Looking for cleaning services?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Maid Brigade Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Maid Brigade?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Maid Brigade?

Original review: Jan. 30, 2020

The company charged almost $400 for a townhouse cleaning (approx. 1680 sqf.). This is a short list of items clearly NOT cleaned by the time of the move out inspection:

- toilets
- bathroom fans
- fridge/freezer in and out and underneath
- range/oven in and out and underneath
- walls, door frames

- lights

The owner refused to participate in a walk through and claimed that Maid Brigade only offers a 3-day warranty. The cleaning was done five days prior to the inspection. Don't ever hire these guys! What shameless rip off!

Original review: Aug. 22, 2019

Did a terrible job and charged a lot of money. My advise - don't hire. The employees were obnoxious. They didn't clean the floors, the bathrooms, dust, satisfactorily. Basically, we wasted our money. The supervisor was at the house and the employees still did not clean. She was a good salesman but fail failed to deliver the service she promised.

Get buying tips about Cleaning Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 26, 2019

I had nothing but problems with this company. They only cleaned for me 4 or 5 times, the first 3 times were supposed to be a complete cleaning of a house I had just purchased. After the initial cleaning I had to have them come back twice because they missed so many things, they didn't clean out the refrigerator or freezer the first time, the second time they didn't clean the freezer (again). After the first cleaning piles of dust were left on one of my bathroom floors, they said this was because they couldn't finish in time and had to come back, but they knew I would be moving in before they were coming back. Why they didn't just allocate enough time for it to be done the first time. I'll never know, but I still had to have them come back to clean what they had missed anyway.

The last two times they scratched and chipped my stove, and someone they were training (they are always training new people) wanted to know if she could use the bathroom she was supposed to be cleaning because she said "I have to go". Before I even had time to let them know about all this they called me and said they would no longer be able to clean for me because of "a business decision". I specifically asked for a more detailed explanation but never heard back from anyone. In short, every time they came to clean it was a bad experience, there was always something wrong. The only reason I used them as many times as I did is because the owner sounds like she cares a lot about customer service, but basically it's all talk and continuous problems. I would have given them less than one star if this site allowed it. Do yourself a favor and call a different company.

Original review: March 4, 2019

I scheduled a cleaning for my 1000 sq ft condo in preparation to sell it. I was given a $161 gift card from my mother who uses the service and was quoted that amount when she inquired about a full cleaning. The maids were supposed to show up between 12 and 3 pm. I received a text from the company saying they'd be there at 1:30, then another saying at 2. The last saying closer to 3. No one showed until 3:35. I let them know that they did not need to vacuum as I had carpet cleaners coming in 2 days, thinking this would allow them more time to clean (my entire place is carpeted).

I came home only to find 2 bathrooms and the kitchen had been cleaned, that was it. I called the following business day to let them know they were late without notice and cleaned less than half the place. They didn't even change the linen I left out for them. I was told they would come out for additional 20 minutes to finish up. No concession for being late, no apology for anything and no realistic attempt to rectify as 20 min would not be suffice. They claimed the reason the cleaning was not complete is because the prices went up and it's more expensive on the weekends. None of this was disclosed when I was given the quote. So pretty much they quoted me for a 1/3 of a cleaning, as the customer we called and let them know what we was looking for and let them set the price.

My family has been using their services for 4 years and decided to terminate the relationship based on this experience and a few others. I also have another gift card for $161 that I'm going to need a refund for as it too must only be for a 1/3 of a cleaning. Please don't waste your money or your time, this is very unsettling and speaking to Kim in the Northwest, IL office is like talking to a random person on the street about your complaints. She'll let you know she was not there and does not know what happened and make little to no effort to rectify even though her name is signed on the gift card.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

New employees all the time that have to be retrained, careless with banging around equipment in a brand new home, scratching wood floors, and when you try and complain to the supervisor Yazmin in CT, good luck, she’ll just cut off the service and won’t even give you the time of day to complain! Stay away, far far away!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

My house has been neglected for years. I knew it would take a lot of time and copay quite a bit. I have nothing to compare the price to because they were the only cleaning company that comes to my area. But if the job was done correctly, I was willing to pay the price. From start to finish, they were professional, honest and thorough. The original phone call and price quote for services was very thorough and spot on. They actually finished a little early and price quoted was adjusted accordingly. I had many questions that were answered and everything was done as said.

There were 3 ladies, communication, both ways was perfect. They asked me to check each room as they finished. I have 3 dogs and they didn't even mind the dogs following them around and being nosy. They were on time, they finished early and it was pure perfection. I honestly didn't think they would clean to my standards, they did! I could go on and on about what a great job they did. I just can't imagine how they would get anything but a good review. Thank you Maid Brigade for my thoroughly cleaned home.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

I have been a customer for over 20 years. Since the company was sold the service has gotten worse. Lately it seems that the people coming to clean are just going through the motions of cleaning. In one instance about three months ago they left the bathroom heater fan on and could have burnt the house down. We had company over the weekend and the bathrooms in the basement and top floor were used. The shower stalls needed to be cleaned. Came home today and the showers had never been touched. Called and spoke with the manager. I asked to speak with the owner and was told that that would not be happening. The manager told me she would refund my money and dropped me as a customer after 20 years!!! Until they get their act together I would avoid them at all costs. They used to have great women working for them, now it seems they take anyone. Buyer beware!!!

Original review: March 31, 2018

First, they were suppose to arrive between 11 and 1... And, showed up at 2:10. I was quoted $120 to $171 to clean a 900 sq ft empty apartment. I arrived at 3:00 (50 minutes after they arrived) and it appeared that not much had been done. 15 minutes later, I received a call from Maid Brigade saying that they would need more time and that my cost would be now $291, for which, I did not agree to. If 3 women in 1 and a half hours, which, would equal more than 3 hours cannot clean, which, only involved the floors... THERE IS A BIG PROBLEM.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

This company is the worst of the worst. Their prices are the highest and their quality is poor. They came to my house (my husband was working from home I was at a meeting) stayed about 30 minutes and cleaned nothing! When I got home and I called the company to send the cleaning crew back to clean. They came back and one of the cleaners aggressively yelled at me that the house was clean. I politely showed her that she wasn't and she got aggressive to the point that I requested the company to get her out of my house. They were supposed to show up today with a different crew and never showed.

Original review: April 12, 2017

They were very nice people and did clean a majority of things I asked of them. They came right on time every time I needed cleaning. They never missed an appointment and were actually very often earlier than they said. Maid Brigade’s price is also fairly good compared to most other cleaners. However, they left a few important things untouched. I have some things on a shelf over a desk that they did not clean due to it being able to break. I would recommend them if you are looking for a fairly cheap half done job. Otherwise it's ok.

Maid Brigade author review by ConsumerAffairs

Maid Brigade is a franchised professional cleaning company that has been operating for more than 35 years. The company provides typical house cleaning services, as well as specialized cleaning, including outdoor cleaning options.

• Specialized cleaning services: Employees of Maid Brigade perform very specialized cleaning services for a small fee. The company provides outdoor cleaning services, such as cleaning up the porch of a house.

• Cleaning tips: Consumers can sign up online to receive cleaning tips, as well as regular discounts and special offers.

• Online quality cards: People who use Maid Brigade's services can submit online quality cards to give convenient, easy feedback on the services and employees.

• Green cleaning focus: Maid Brigade uses products that are certified by Green Seal and vacuums certified by the American Lung Association to improve indoor air quality.

• Free phone estimate: Customers who are interested in using Maid Brigade's services can call the company for a free, no-commitment estimate.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team