3.06/5
Based on 16 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Discover the right cleaning service for you

20 Maid Brigade Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 31, 2018

First, they were suppose to arrive between 11 and 1... And, showed up at 2:10. I was quoted $120 to $171 to clean a 900 sq ft empty apartment. I arrived at 3:00 (50 minutes after they arrived) and it appeared that not much had been done. 15 minutes later, I received a call from Maid Brigade saying that they would need more time and that my cost would be now $291, for which, I did not agree to. If 3 women in 1 and a half hours, which, would equal more than 3 hours cannot clean, which, only involved the floors... THERE IS A BIG PROBLEM.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

This company is the worst of the worst. Their prices are the highest and their quality is poor. They came to my house (my husband was working from home I was at a meeting) stayed about 30 minutes and cleaned nothing! When I got home and I called the company to send the cleaning crew back to clean. They came back and one of the cleaners aggressively yelled at me that the house was clean. I politely showed her that she wasn't and she got aggressive to the point that I requested the company to get her out of my house. They were supposed to show up today with a different crew and never showed.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: April 12, 2017

They were very nice people and did clean a majority of things I asked of them. They came right on time every time I needed cleaning. They never missed an appointment and were actually very often earlier than they said. Maid Brigade’s price is also fairly good compared to most other cleaners. However, they left a few important things untouched. I have some things on a shelf over a desk that they did not clean due to it being able to break. I would recommend them if you are looking for a fairly cheap half done job. Otherwise it's ok.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2017

COMPANY CANCELLED because they were not happy with my feedback. Let me elaborate. The Agreement states that a basic cleaning is the following: "Bathrooms – Tub, shower, mirror, sinks, counter toilets and floors." (However, the bathroom mirrors were left dirty.) "Kitchen – The outside of the appliance and cabinets. Tops of the counter, and inside and outside of the microwave, then we vacuum and mop the kitchen floor." (However, the counters were left filthy and the cleaners moved nothing when cleaning that area. In addition, per my conversation with Amanda, my microwave was never touched inside or outside.)

"Dusting and Vacuuming – We do a general dusting of all surfaces and then vacuum throughout the home. The dusting system includes lifting and dusting each item on surfaces as well." (Nothing was lifted or dusted including large screen tv, my sound bar, my Entertainment Center ALL DUSTY!!!) What if I want something cleaned that is not on my normal cleaning list. "If there are additional rooms, or the inside of your refrigerator or oven, or if you want your baseboards washed, just give us a call and we can tell you what the additional fee would be, and then add it to your next scheduled service. This will ensure the team is aware of your requests." When I spoke with Amanda as well as one other employee of Maid Brigade I had a simple list: Sweep, Mop, Dust, Stove & Over and the Bathroom plus the company's description of Basic Cleaning. This service was not provide and was Less than Poor on an average day!!!

Original review: Dec. 13, 2016

They were very professional and listened to everything I had to say. They were also polite and seemed to want my business. They answered all my questions and didn't seem annoyed by them. They did a very thorough deep cleaning of my house. They weren't very loud and got right to work as soon as they got there. It didn't even take them that long but the job they did was great. I told them a time I needed the job done and they were there early. They did the job in half the time I thought they would. I could not be more pleased with them. For everything they do and how thoroughly they do it, the value is amazing. It does depend on the size of your area and what you need done, but it's a great value for their services.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Maid Brigade?

Original review: Dec. 8, 2016

Very easy to reach and schedule. Cleaners - two of them showed up on time. They were very pleasant and extremely thorough. They cleaned the corners and dusted all the pictures. They were clean and very quiet which was appreciated. They show up on time! They are polite. Your house will be very very neat. It will be super clean. They do not miss one area. Very professional. Scheduled for ten in the morning and the doorbell rang at ten! The cleaning skill is super! They are anxious to please. Wish I had them every day. They clean so so well. It is actually worth paying more. Their prices are very reasonable and affordable. With the prices it is better to have the company in your house versus a constant employee.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2016

I hired Maid Brigade to clean my 5 bedroom 3 bath home and was very disappointed with their service. My home was not thoroughly cleaned as promised by the office manager. They cleaned around all the appliances in the kitchen leaving crumbs under the toaster and cleaned everything with paper towels. After vacuuming they decided to walk all over the carpet instead of vacuuming their way out of the room. And they never lifted the first throw rug to clean under it. When I brought this up with the manager she was very rude. There was no quality to cleaning with paper towels. No rugs were lifted and cleaned under or anything. Instead of vacuuming the stairs they were swept off because the cleaning woman had back problems.

The cleaning women showed up on time but cleaned my 5 bedroom 3 bath home in about an hour and a half with 3 people. I had my own cleaning business for 12 years and know this is impossible. The quality of this service was not worth the price. They charged me 250.00 for an hour and a half of work. I would not recommend this service.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2016

Do NOT hire this company. I requested services two weeks ago, they rescheduled three times. In theory - they were to appear today for one hour for $100.00 (mind you) at noon. It is now 5:30 and they are nowhere in sight. The main office is closed - and so I have no recourse regarding my time and money. As I said do NOT hire this service.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2016

I was greeted kindly. The services are explained in details. I am very pleased with the service and the way they treat customers who inquire for their services. They do a follow-up call to insure your happiness with the job. I am very pleased with the results of the cleaning service. My house was cleaned very well and smell nice as well. It was a thorough clean that I am pleased with. They are very reliable. If there is any problems I was kindly instructed to call them and they will be more than happy to fix it for you. They were on time and cleaned very good. If you are tired or just busy, this is a great value. You get to rest and enjoy while your house is cleaned for very reasonable price. It is very affordable and cheaper than other services I have used in the past.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2016

Friendly, no issue with pets, followed instructions, very professional, fast and efficient, paid attention to detail. Put everything back in its proper place, appearance neat. Proficient, courteous. The team that came to my house was very lovely and got to work right away. The house was clean within the hour I paid for. Even provided tips for hard to remove stains.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2016

Very fast although missed some spots so could be better. Very decent price, very courteous. The pricing could be better although rugs get dirty quicker. Very helpful and fast. Wouldn't hesitate to move furniture. There was no problems and was very good. They're reliable, on time, prompt, very courteous, had no complaints. The value was good for what I got but the solution they used it before clean very long so although I would use them again I expect better value.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2016

The customer service was less than desirable. One of the maids played with her cell phone more than she cleaned. When confronted about it she was very rude. The maids cleaned my entire home with Windex and paper towels. They did not move any appliances like the toaster. They just cleaned around it leaving crumbs everywhere. They showed up a little late which was fine. It's understandable that they got lost. But they cleaned a 5 bedroom 3 bathroom house with 2 kitchens in about an hour and a half. That's impossible. I was pleased with the price I was quoted but the quality of service was less than desirable. I only used their services one time but will not use it again.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2016

The customer service that I received was amazing. They were extremely helpful and friendly with it. Any questions that I had, they gave me an answer with additional options. I would recommend the quality of their service any given day. Their quality is at the top, and with Maids Brigade, I always received the best. They were very reliable, and I could've always counted on them whenever l needed them. If they told me that they would be there at a certain time, they did exactly what they say that they would do. I would recommend them because of their value. Their value is of great value. Their value is worth more than one could ever imagine it to be.

Original review: July 13, 2016

The services provided were on target with what we needed in our household. The ladies were pleasant and fairly detailed. The services we required could also be considered challenging and they lived up to it. Small items and areas were definitely not overlooked by this service. Time consuming and tedious chores were accomplished which made maintaining the household much easier thereafter.

Maid Brigade can be considered reliable as nothing was damaged or missing considering the family was not home at the time. They entered and left our home securely and we were pleased by their efficiency. After shopping around a bit, we found this service to be a bit pricey and were somewhat hesitant at first when comparing prices for certain jobs. This service was recommended by a friend so we felt more comfortable about getting what we paid for.

Original review: June 16, 2016

This include all service that you can imagine. In fact the way they just did the cleaning was amazing and fast. I'd recommended to my friend to give them a try and his respond was just like mine. These guys rocks. All work they did it was only in 30 minutes in 3 floor house.

Original review: April 12, 2016

Nice lady, well dressed, spoke English, always cleaned well. We were very satisfied every time. I would recommend them to a friend. Even my dog like seeing them come through the door. They cleaned the baseboards, fans, floors, windows. They even cleaned the porch when I mentioned I was throwing a barbecue and said I would pay them a little more to add the cleaning of the porch. They were always prompt and arrived very on time at the same time every week, which is so often I had them come back my house to clean my house. And they always finished really quickly and did such a good job. Really reliable and for such a good deal. I found a coupon in my local magazine too. I could recommend very highly and would rate them well in their own website too.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2008

I can't review their cleaning because they didn't show up for my appointment on Saturday - despite my calling and emailing on Friday to try to confirm. Today they claim it was because they had created two accounts for me and the one that held the appointment didn't have credit card information in it. SO... that seems like part of the problem but what about not responding on Friday!? Anyway, skip this cleaning service unless you want to save money and do the cleaning yourself since they don't actually show up for new customers!

Original review: May 9, 2008

The required first deep clean, the team was done in less than an hour and stood around chatting to use up time. A refund was issued. The second cleaning a new team arrived and damaged my decorative kitchen booth and even though they were never told to clean the brass rails in my kitchen. They had finished with my house in only 35 mins and needed to kill time. They poured on bass cleaner they found on my sink and left the project half done and covered in cleaning fluid. I phoned Maid Brigade of Orlando and Tricia told me to email photos of the damage which I did immediately. I was told the staff would never start a project and not finish it and that Randy the owner would contact me about the damaged furniture. Tricia also added that the maids never damage furniture.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2007

Did not clean my house to my satisfaction. Joe is a very rude individual, whose defense when cornered with a dirty house is "some people just can't be satisfied." Maid left dirt line along the tub. Joe estimated but never disclosed that they can't clean or maintain marble. My house never looked clean. They came twice and could not clean as promised and it cost $360.00 for the two cleanings. I have a very modest sized home. The guy won't own anything and will talk over you constantly while berating you. A REAL JERK!

Original review: Aug. 28, 2002

There were a couple of times that Maid Brigade employees have done damage to items inside our home. The first time they broke metal blinds in our kitchen that they were not supposed to take down to clean. On one of the final cleanings one more item was broken, a $100.00 bottle of my cologne. The cologne spilled out of the broken bottle and all over a chair in our master bedroom and the clothes that my wife had in that chair.

I called the company since they left me notice on 4/25/02 about the items that they had broken. My wife and I both had many conversations with Joe and Kim and Winona. Joe Did not want to pay for the blinds we had first picked out to replace the one they broke so we got some others. At the time the damage including dry cleaning, the cologne and the blinds (I did not include the chair that I myself had to clean because Joe thought that the quotes that we got were too much and I did not charge Joe for my time to clean the chair).

Now Joe has not followed though with the spoken deal we made on the phone which included everything but the chair which would have cost $75.00 + pick up and delivery. My wife and I got all the receipts together and took them to Maid Brigades and to Joe personally.

We waited about one and a half weeks to get the check in the mail. Joe had all the receipts and still shorted the check in the amount of $8.80. Well it is now 8-28-02 and still no correction on the check that we have not cashed since it was the wrong amount. We would like to have compensation for the damage and we are getting nowhere with Maid Brigade Sevices.

The amount that Joe and I agreed to before he went back on our agreement was $292.20 Joe Payed $283.40 THE $292.20 Did not include the chair that I had to clean myself since Joe didn't want to pay $75.00 + Delivery and pick up. So now I would like the original $292.20 +$100.00 for my time and materials for the cleaning of the chair. The total now should be $392.20.

Maid Brigade expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Maid Brigade is a franchised professional cleaning company that has been operating for more than 35 years. The company provides typical house cleaning services, as well as specialized cleaning, including outdoor cleaning options.

• Specialized cleaning services: Employees of Maid Brigade perform very specialized cleaning services for a small fee. The company provides outdoor cleaning services, such as cleaning up the porch of a house.

• Cleaning tips: Consumers can sign up online to receive cleaning tips, as well as regular discounts and special offers.

• Online quality cards: People who use Maid Brigade's services can submit online quality cards to give convenient, easy feedback on the services and employees.

• Green cleaning focus: Maid Brigade uses products that are certified by Green Seal and vacuums certified by the American Lung Association to improve indoor air quality.

• Free phone estimate: Customers who are interested in using Maid Brigade's services can call the company for a free, no-commitment estimate.

• Best for: Homeowners or residential customers looking for affordable and environmentally friendly services, either for a one-time service or regular cleanings.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs