Call toll free
4.55/5
Based on 11 reviews that contain star ratings

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Madison Van Lines is your trusted global relocation company offering an array of domestic and international moving services. Their team of experienced staff is committed to providing the most cost effective and hassle-free move that suits your budget and timeline. Other services include packing, crating, storage and specialty freight services to ensure your personal items are safe and secure at all times. Call Madison Van Lines today for your free quote!

11 Madison Van Lines Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

Finally the first move that actually went smooth. I detest movers based on many past experiences. Did some research then Madison Van Lines came up in conversation with my neighbor. Was able to reach the reps when I needed anything. They had knowledge and were honest about how they do things. No complaints! Will refer them to anyone I come in contact with that needs a mover.

Get expert buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

I’ve dealt with moving companies in the past that would promise a price and then raise it when they showed up. Also delivery times were never accurate. Finally, I found a company that was honest and on time. Very happy with Madison and would recommend to family and friends.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

I have used other moving companies in the past and just had bad experiences... I have not had one problem with moving since I found this company. From speaking to the representative to the movers... everything was perfect. I highly recommend.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

Moving from Wilmington, NC to Hanover, PA - This move was to relocate my 91 yr. old mother to a retirement facility near me. Everything went smoothly except for a broken leg on an antique wing chair. After the mover pointed out the damage, I was assured that Madison will pay for the repair. The chair is now in the shop and hopefully Madison will stand behind their offer. The estimator for this move was Erika. She could not have been more attentive and helpful. Movers kept in good touch with me while on the road and were great at timing the pickup and drop off times. I would certainly recommend Madison to my friends.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

Madison Van Lines was terrific. My move was over 900 miles and I was nervous about finding the right movers. Madison did everything we agreed upon. No hidden costs, no delays, no poor excuses. All of my belongings arrived as scheduled, in tact. I could not have been more pleased! I would most definitely recommend Madison! Thank you.

Madison Van Lines response

Hello Rosanne, Thank you so much for the kind words. We are very happy to hear everything went well with your move.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Madison Van Lines?

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

Thanks to Madison and my Sales representative for taking exceptional care of me and my things throughout the entire process of this move. It was very stressful for me but Madison came when they said they would, sent a competent team, packed everything that was for storage. Madison handled everything in a professional manner and their care is most appreciated. I highly recommend Madison! Thanks!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

Just thought I'd take a minute to thank Madison Van Lines for a good move experience. Moving away from family for my new job was rough and I was really nervous hiring a mover for the first time. Now that my delivery came I am happy everything turned out well plus the price quote stayed the same.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

The move so far has been uneventful. However my items are in storage until Feb. Had some issues with the sub contracting company, Ocean Movers. There was NOT the correct information (cost and storage) that was provided by Madison provided to Ocean. We will see how the remainder of the move goes in Feb.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

The woman I talked to who helped forward anything made me go with Madison Van Lines. Although I did not find all that she had said as true. She said it was the same crew, but that did not seem to be true. Also, well into the move when I could no longer use a different company, but I found out that that wasn’t true. The initial people that came were lovely, but the crew at the other end just dumped the stuff. They didn’t label it well, and it was all in the wrong rooms. Some of the boxes were upside down, even the fragile boxes. It was like they were in a hurry. It was not a great experience. If Madison Van Lines said that they’re one company that was gonna have a seamless process, then they shouldn’t say halfway into it that they don't do things. They said they were what I was looking for, and then they weren’t all the other places that I turned down that were more honest.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

I was moving from Florida to North Carolina, and I found Madison Van Lines online. I called them and they gave me the information I needed. The moving coordinator gave me a quote and we agreed on it. He gave me the name of the movers and told me when they would be there. The moving crew moved around quickly and got everything done very quickly too, so I was happy with that. It’s hard when you’re moving and you check everything as it’s coming in. After I got everything home, I started going through things and found out that I was missing things. I called the movers but they didn’t know anything about them and they weren’t being very helpful either.

I’m not a really organized person, so it’s partly my fault because I didn’t keep track. But I would have assumed that the truck drivers would be the first ones to call because they were the ones who had the stuff on the truck. Madison didn’t do anything and they just said that I had to talk to the guy. But when I called, the guy that I was talking to wasn’t with the company anymore. None of the things that I was missing was worth anything I could claim though. Like, one leg to my dresser was missing, so I don’t have all the legs in my dresser anymore. That’s a big inconvenience when I have a good dresser. There were miscellaneous weird things like that, things that don’t mean anything to anybody else, but they were things that I needed that I don’t have.

I don’t have any complaints about the drivers or the way they did things, except that I was missing some stuff and that they started giving me stuff that wasn’t mine. The biggest issue, however, was getting coordination with the delivery and getting those things. I have made the arrangement that my stuff needed to be picked up by a certain time, but I wouldn’t be in my next destination until the following week. Yet they called me the next morning wanting to deliver my things, and I haven’t even left Florida yet. Still, the people at Madison were great. They did everything they were supposed to do and everything went the way it was supposed to.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

I moved from Idaho to Arizona and I picked Madison Van Lines because of their star rating. The process was an easy one. The only thing that I didn’t understand or maybe didn’t hear was as far as packing, I assumed that they were packing. But I checked closer to the move time if that was the case and they said they could but then it would be more cost. They didn’t give me a quote for packing versus unpacking though. They gave me a quote for not packing but that wasn’t really clear. That aside, they responded to me quickly when I had questions about things. The moving crew was also professional and they did a really good job. They showed up early even, which was convenient, then they were also very prompt in arriving on the drop-off.

Madison Van Lines Company Information