3.65/5

Compare Movers

Madison Van Lines

Madison Van Lines is your trusted global relocation company offering an array of domestic and international moving services. Their team of experienced staff is committed to providing the most cost effective and hassle-free move that suits your budget and timeline. Other services include packing, crating, storage and specialty freight services to ensure your personal items are safe and secure at all times. Call Madison Van Lines today for your free quote!

BOTTOM LINE

Madison Van Lines specializes in relocation services and storage. Get a free online estimate for packing and delivery, piano handling, auto transportation and global shipping. Advance deposits are required for long-distance moving services.

PROS

• Excellent customer service
    • Domestic and international moves
    • Free estimates

CONS

• Estimated rates subject to change
    • Deposit required

Top Madison Van Lines Reviews

01/14/2019

I’ve dealt with moving companies in the past that would promise a price and then raise it when they showed up. Also delivery times were never accurate. Finally, I found a company that was honest and on time. Very happy with Madison and would recommend to family and friends...

01/25/2019

I had a good experience with Madison Van Lines...Their people came in and assisted me in packing up. They had all of my items packed up onto the truck, and they moved. The truck arrived two weeks later as expected. I wasn’t trying to get it earlier than that, so it all worked well.

Compare Movers

About Madison Van Lines moving company

Long-distance and interstate moving services provided by Madison Van Lines include packing, crating, long carry and shuttle service. For international relocations, Madison Van Lines coordinates with global movers and storage facilities, but you will be responsible for obtaining visas, proper documentation and clearing customs.

In addition to moving household goods, Madison Van Lines also offers auto transport to anywhere in the world. Vehicle relocation options include enclosed or open-top carriers, domestic or international auto transport, plus container shipping and consolidation services.

Long-distance movesAuto transport
      Licensed and insured
      Hourly rates
      Packing services offered
      Corporate relocation plans
      Storage services

Madison Van Lines moving services

Madison Van Lines’ moving services are available across the country and around the globe and include packing, logistics, transportation, storage and insurance. Madison Van Lines specializes in coordinating residential and corporate relocation services, which are flexible and based on clients’ specific needs. Moving services are also available for government employees and families of military personnel.

• Packing and unpacking: With several customizable packing options, you can pack as few or as many of your belongings as you like. You can opt for a complete packing service or partial packing if you would prefer to pack some of your household items but not everything. Madison Van Lines also provides packing supplies such as boxes, tapes, bubble wraps, shrink wraps and more.
      • Logistics: With experience handling trade shows, exhibits, fine art and sensitive electronics, Madison Van Lines movers can transport sensitive project cargo and valuable goods via air freight or ocean containers. The professional freight forwarding staff at Ocean Star International, Madison Van Lines’ sister company, is licensed by the Federal Maritime Commission.
      • Storage: Madison Van Lines provides affordable storage options at thousands of clean, secure storage and warehousing facilities around the world. Short- and long-term storage services are available.
      • Marine insurance: For cargo shipped via ocean freight, Madison Van Lines offers All Risk Marine Insurance and Total Loss Marine Insurance. All Risk is for customers who have had their items professionally packaged and covers any loss or damage. Total Loss is for customers who packed their own items and insures the entire shipment if it is lost.

Madison Van Lines FAQ

How does Madison Van Lines work?
      Madison Van Lines suggests contacting customer service at least 60 days before your scheduled move. Whether you're moving across town, to another state or around the globe, the booking process is simple:
      1. Collect a general inventory of what you need to move and contact a Madison Van Lines customer service representative.
      2. Describe what you need to move, when and where. Let Madison Van Lines’ customer service representatives know if you need other relocation services, such as packing, crating, long-carry or shuttle service. They will decide if a visual survey is necessary for an accurate estimation.
      3. Once Madison Van Lines has all the details they need, they will email you an inventory list and a quote for you to review for accuracy.
      4. Madison Van Lines then coordinates a customized relocation plan based on your specific moving needs.
      5. On your moving day, professional movers will arrive at your house with quality packing materials. Madison Van Lines’ customer service representatives will be your point of contact for resolving any issues relating to your relocation.
      Can Madison Van Lines move on the weekends?
      Madison Van Lines can provide moving services on weekends if scheduled appropriately. However, regular business hours for customer service representative lines are 9 a.m.–6:30 p.m (Eastern Time) on weekdays.
      Is Madison Van Lines a broker?
      Yes. As a moving broker, Madison Van Lines provides customer support and coordinates relocation logistics between households and qualified carriers as regulated by the Federal Motor Carrier Administration (FMCSA). Madison Van Lines subcontracts vetted and insured moving trucks for domestic relocations and shipping services for international relocations.

If something breaks while in transit, Madison Van Lines will be responsible for reconciliation. Most disputes can be solved through regular customer service channels. If this isn’t possible, you can file a claim for damaged household goods transported under your moving contract with Madison Van Lines through a neutral arbitration program, as required by the FMCSA.

Do we recommend Madison Van Lines?

As a licensed freight carrier, Madison Van Lines moving company is capable of coordinating regional and cross-country relocations. Nearly 70 percent of verified Madison Van Lines reviews indicate a positive experience. Compared to competitors, Madison Van Lines complaints are relatively few, and when dissatisfaction was reported, the company reached out to the customer in an attempt to work toward an acceptable resolution.

20 Madison Van Lines Consumer Reviews

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

I had a good experience with Madison Van Lines. I was moving from New York City to Iowa and I did a lot of research on Madison and compared a lot of companies. Madison came in better than a lot of the other companies price-wise, and that was a big thing. Their people came in and assisted me in packing up. They had all of my items packed up onto the truck, and they moved. The truck arrived two weeks later as expected. I wasn’t trying to get it earlier than that, so it all worked well.

One bureau that wasn’t very well made had broken, so that wasn’t a big problem. The only thing was the estimated cost. They underestimated what it would be. At first, it was more, and I supposed that’s what happens a lot. It was more than I thought it would be, but I know it was competitive. I realized it was a long distance, and there was a fairly good volume of stuff. But in general, those kinds of things are overpriced. The person coordinating the move was gonna try and get another truck to get more out of everything. But then we talked about it and he was able to set everything in.

Madison Van Lines could try to be more accurate with estimates of moving, although I realized part of it was my estimation too. Also, they could try to minimize cost and not try to go on with a second vehicle to add on anything when it’s not necessary. On the other hand, the person who drove the truck did a good job. He was good and very helpful on both ends.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

Finally the first move that actually went smooth. I detest movers based on many past experiences. Did some research then Madison Van Lines came up in conversation with my neighbor. Was able to reach the reps when I needed anything. They had knowledge and were honest about how they do things. No complaints! Will refer them to anyone I come in contact with that needs a mover.

Get expert buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

I moved here from Texas, and my father hired Madison Van Lines. He was searching for moving companies, and they were one of the few that would move from Texas to Ohio. He did the quote and the scheduling. The scheduling was due to my schedule, but he booked it. When the moving crew packed up my place, they were really helpful and super nice and very efficient. It was really fast and it went super great. The only problem that we had was when they delivered it. They only sent one gentleman to move all my stuff, which I felt was a little silly -- considering that I have an upstairs apartment. Nevertheless, he was very professional, and he did a great job. He was very, very capable, like there was nothing with him. Also, he had just moved a whole other person’s house by himself that morning and then came. So, I was really impressed with him.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

Moving from Wilmington, NC to Hanover, PA - This move was to relocate my 91 yr. old mother to a retirement facility near me. Everything went smoothly except for a broken leg on an antique wing chair. After the mover pointed out the damage, I was assured that Madison will pay for the repair. The chair is now in the shop and hopefully Madison will stand behind their offer. The estimator for this move was Erika. She could not have been more attentive and helpful. Movers kept in good touch with me while on the road and were great at timing the pickup and drop off times. I would certainly recommend Madison to my friends.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

I moved from Idaho to Arizona and I picked Madison Van Lines because of their star rating. The process was an easy one. The only thing that I didn’t understand or maybe didn’t hear was as far as packing, I assumed that they were packing. But I checked closer to the move time if that was the case and they said they could but then it would be more cost. They didn’t give me a quote for packing versus unpacking though. They gave me a quote for not packing but that wasn’t really clear. That aside, they responded to me quickly when I had questions about things. The moving crew was also professional and they did a really good job. They showed up early even, which was convenient, then they were also very prompt in arriving on the drop-off.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Madison Van Lines?

Original review: June 13, 2019

I used Madison Van Lines for my move from Houston, Texas to San Francisco. I was pleased with their service. My sales rep Brooke, was great at walking me through the moving process and she was very realistic in terms of what to expect. Other movers I spoke with were trying to pressure me to give them a deposit. I would use these guys again if needed.

Original review: June 7, 2019

I have many complaints about my interaction with Madison Van Lines, but for brevity I will summarize 2 reasons why you should NOT hire this company. (1) They tried to get me to sign a gag order, and (2) they hire local carriers to move your items and therefore take zero responsibility for anything that goes wrong during your move. Move info for those interested…

(1) After 2 months of back and forth, they offered me only $250 for well over $2,000 of damaged and lost items. However, this was under the condition that I sign a legal document forbidding ANYTHING negative comments, by ANY method of communication, FOREVER. I have the document to prove it. How dishonest a business practice is that? I suspect there would be many more negative reviews online if the company did not have this policy.

(2) They refuse to take responsibility for anything that happens during your move. This is because they are simply a logistics company. They hire local movers to actually move your items, and claim they have no legal responsibility for anything the movers do. They also will not provide you with the name of the moving company, until the day of your move. If ANYTHING goes wrong with your move, good luck getting them to take responsibility for it.

Original review: May 21, 2019

Moving to Las Vegas was a bit stressful. Finding a mover is even more stressful. There is so much garbage on the net. I pretty much chose Madison based on their reviews and referrals from two consumer groups. The moving experience was fine. I had no issues and my sales rep Brooke was great! I would use again.

Original review: May 9, 2019

Do NOT use Madison Van Lines!!! They are a broker that claims to be highly skilled and professional, but they are probably the worst moving company with whom I've ever had the misfortune of working. I recently used them to move from NY to FL. I provided my inventory with exact dimensions of everything, including all boxes and furniture. I was quoted a final price of $1,906. I even confirmed with their representative Jill the day before my move my exact inventory, and she still said everything would be $1,906. To my surprise, when NYC Movers came to pick up all of my belongings, I was told my price was actually $3,000! When I questioned this, I was told that even though my inventory was 100% correct, that the Madison Van Lines representative totally undercut my total cubic footage.

After six weeks of going back and forth with them, they are now trying to deny any responsibility for this. They will ignore you in all hopes that you will just "go away". Well, I'm not "going away". I am moving forward with legal action against them, as they breached the contract and have been extremely unresponsive. I also submitted a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, as their unscrupulous and unethical/shady business practices need to be shut down! Referring to these people as moronic is an understatement. I don't want any other potential customers to fall victim to this horrible, deceptive moving broker, so beware! AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!!!!

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

I was trying to move things from Atlanta to Maine. I did a search online and found Madison Van Lines. And I have nothing good to say about them. The truck did not arrive on time. They were supposed to be there at 3:30 in the afternoon, but they didn't get there until 11:30 at night in the pouring, as I sat for eight hours because I had to drive to meet them. Also, half of my furniture was broken. Out of 11 pieces, five were literally broken in a nasty way.

They were also very adamant about getting their money and cash up front, but everything with the quote was as they said it would be. My big problem with them paying with was the delivery did not meet the expectation I paid extra for it to be delivered by a certain time and the fact that all my furniture was broken. I feel like what they did was subcontract to somebody who didn't have any experience moving. They showed up in an Enterprise Truck Rental and the two men that were handling the furniture obviously were not skilled. I would tell everybody to stay away from Madison Van Lines and not to do business with them. I would never recommend them to anybody.

Madison Van Lines response

Hi Barbara,I have tried to reach out to you regarding this matter. Please call me back at your convenience so that we can work towards an acceptable resolution. Thank you for the opportunity

Madison Van Lines Company Information