2. Movers

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.52/5

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Madison Van Lines is your trusted global relocation company offering an array of domestic and international moving services. Their team of experienced staff is committed to providing the most cost effective and hassle-free move that suits your budget and timeline. Other services include packing, crating, storage and specialty freight services to ensure your personal items are safe and secure at all times. Call Madison Van Lines today for your free quote!

BOTTOM LINE

Madison Van Lines specializes in relocation services and storage. Get a free online estimate for packing and delivery, piano handling, auto transportation and global shipping. Advance deposits are required for long-distance moving services.

PROS

• Excellent customer service
    • Domestic and international moves
    • Free estimates

CONS

• Estimated rates subject to change
    • Deposit required

Top Madison Van Lines Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Madison Van Lines?

I’ve dealt with moving companies in the past that would promise a price and then raise it when they showed up. Also delivery times were never accurate. Finally, I found a company that was honest and on time. Very happy with Madison and would recommend to family and friends...

I had a good experience with Madison Van Lines...Their people came in and assisted me in packing up. They had all of my items packed up onto the truck, and they moved. The truck arrived two weeks later as expected. I wasn’t trying to get it earlier than that, so it all worked well.

Move With Ease

Get matched with a trusted, professional moving company.

Get Matched Now

About Madison Van Lines moving company

Long-distance and interstate moving services provided by Madison Van Lines include packing, crating, long carry and shuttle service. For international relocations, Madison Van Lines coordinates with global movers and storage facilities, but you will be responsible for obtaining visas, proper documentation and clearing customs.

In addition to moving household goods, Madison Van Lines also offers auto transport to anywhere in the world. Vehicle relocation options include enclosed or open-top carriers, domestic or international auto transport, plus container shipping and consolidation services.

Long-distance movesAuto transport
      Licensed and insured
      Hourly rates
      Packing services offered
      Corporate relocation plans
      Storage services

Madison Van Lines moving services

Madison Van Lines’ moving services are available across the country and around the globe and include packing, logistics, transportation, storage and insurance. Madison Van Lines specializes in coordinating residential and corporate relocation services, which are flexible and based on clients’ specific needs. Moving services are also available for government employees and families of military personnel.

• Packing and unpacking: With several customizable packing options, you can pack as few or as many of your belongings as you like. You can opt for a complete packing service or partial packing if you would prefer to pack some of your household items but not everything. Madison Van Lines also provides packing supplies such as boxes, tapes, bubble wraps, shrink wraps and more.
      • Logistics: With experience handling trade shows, exhibits, fine art and sensitive electronics, Madison Van Lines movers can transport sensitive project cargo and valuable goods via air freight or ocean containers. The professional freight forwarding staff at Ocean Star International, Madison Van Lines’ sister company, is licensed by the Federal Maritime Commission.
      • Storage: Madison Van Lines provides affordable storage options at thousands of clean, secure storage and warehousing facilities around the world. Short- and long-term storage services are available.
      • Marine insurance: For cargo shipped via ocean freight, Madison Van Lines offers All Risk Marine Insurance and Total Loss Marine Insurance. All Risk is for customers who have had their items professionally packaged and covers any loss or damage. Total Loss is for customers who packed their own items and insures the entire shipment if it is lost.

Madison Van Lines FAQ

How does Madison Van Lines work?
      Madison Van Lines suggests contacting customer service at least 60 days before your scheduled move. Whether you're moving across town, to another state or around the globe, the booking process is simple:
      1. Collect a general inventory of what you need to move and contact a Madison Van Lines customer service representative.
      2. Describe what you need to move, when and where. Let Madison Van Lines’ customer service representatives know if you need other relocation services, such as packing, crating, long-carry or shuttle service. They will decide if a visual survey is necessary for an accurate estimation.
      3. Once Madison Van Lines has all the details they need, they will email you an inventory list and a quote for you to review for accuracy.
      4. Madison Van Lines then coordinates a customized relocation plan based on your specific moving needs.
      5. On your moving day, professional movers will arrive at your house with quality packing materials. Madison Van Lines’ customer service representatives will be your point of contact for resolving any issues relating to your relocation.
      Can Madison Van Lines move on the weekends?
      Madison Van Lines can provide moving services on weekends if scheduled appropriately. However, regular business hours for customer service representative lines are 9 a.m.–6:30 p.m (Eastern Time) on weekdays.
      Is Madison Van Lines a broker?
      Yes. As a moving broker, Madison Van Lines provides customer support and coordinates relocation logistics between households and qualified carriers as regulated by the Federal Motor Carrier Administration (FMCSA). Madison Van Lines subcontracts vetted and insured moving trucks for domestic relocations and shipping services for international relocations.

If something breaks while in transit, Madison Van Lines will be responsible for reconciliation. Most disputes can be solved through regular customer service channels. If this isn’t possible, you can file a claim for damaged household goods transported under your moving contract with Madison Van Lines through a neutral arbitration program, as required by the FMCSA.

Do we recommend Madison Van Lines?

As a licensed freight carrier, Madison Van Lines moving company is capable of coordinating regional and cross-country relocations. Nearly 70 percent of verified Madison Van Lines reviews indicate a positive experience. Compared to competitors, Madison Van Lines complaints are relatively few, and when dissatisfaction was reported, the company reached out to the customer in an attempt to work toward an acceptable resolution.

Madison Van Lines Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Madison Van Lines?

Original review: Jan. 28, 2020

Contacted Madison Van lines October 2019. Spoke to Maggie about our cross country move. She assured us that we would not be disappointed in choosing her company and that she would stick with us the entire way through our move to answer any questions and concerns that came up. We submitted our inventory list and given or binding estimate. We were assigned Jill who would be our account manager moving forward. I made many calls to Jill with questions about the final inventory list and move date. I submitted our meticulous final inventory list on 10/29 and given a binding estimate of $4192.03. I went over and over this list with Jill to make sure everything was accurate. She assured us that our movers would arrive as scheduled and not to worry as she would make sure everything went smoothly. This is when the experience went totally bad!

I told Maggie and Jill early on of our plans that we had sold our home and had airline tickets cross country for the evening of Oct 31st. On the 29th we were told that the scheduled date of Oct 30th could not be met and that the movers would arrive on the 31st in the morning. This made things more stressful. The movers showed up and the moving guy eyed up our room of boxes and furniture. He took out his phone, did not move or inspect our stuff at all but in less than two minutes came up with an estimate of $5287.53 and told us this was the amount we needed to pay or he would just leave.

When we explained to him that Jill from Madison Van Lines said we had to pay $4192.03 he literally pushed a bunch of papers in my face telling me to sign or again they would leave. He laughed and said those people at Madison don't know what there doing! He said, "If you want to catch your plane then you might want to just sign because it could have made it thousands more." I called Jill immediately and told her everything that was going on and how upset my wife and family was. She said these exact words, "DON'T WORRY." Just sign the papers and she would make sure we paid the price she gave. And that we would NOT be held to the higher amount and would only be responsible for Madison Van Lines price! We were trapped and forced to sign or miss our flight and find another moving company. This guy knew we were we had no choice and took advantage of our situation big time!

It took the 3 movers 1 hour to load! There wasn't a lot of stuff at all. Checking back with Jill after our flight she again told us not to worry. She would handle it and that the moving company LD Moving had made an error. She told us they were a very reputable company. We later found out that LD Moving has a 2 rating and not even BBB accredited. Their reviews consist of nothing but this same 'raise the price' practice throughout. This is what they DO!! We had no choice in them as moving us. That was Madison Van Lines doing and they sent us these scammers knowing that this was a common practice of theirs. If we knew this before hand we would have checked their reputation and told Jill and Maggie but THEY didn't tell us.

A few examples of their disgusting practice: Small 2 step kitchen ladder billed at 25 cf. 2 box springs and mattresses quoted at 205 cf. Simple math on every additional charge shows they padded everything to raise the price! They also charged us for 2 large boxes more than we had! Apparently Madison Van Lines partners with companies like this with no respect for THEIR customer who are victims of this scam job by both companies. Jill lies to get off the phone and Maggie sweet talks you. Perfect combination for this practice. We have been victimized and need to be made whole.

As of this writing no refund or compensation has been made. I hope no one else becomes a victim of Madison van Lines disgusting practice. Ld Moving also gouged our wood floor during this move and only my wife seeing the area damaged before they left allowed us to tell them. They didn't tell us! They put a little colored marker on the area to mask the repair and went on their way. LD Movers offered $75 for their damage but the floor was damaged worse than that. We had to leave that day and could not get an estimate. Terrible companies!

Original review: June 13, 2019

I used Madison Van Lines for my move from Houston, Texas to San Francisco. I was pleased with their service. My sales rep Brooke, was great at walking me through the moving process and she was very realistic in terms of what to expect. Other movers I spoke with were trying to pressure me to give them a deposit. I would use these guys again if needed.

Get buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 7, 2019

I have many complaints about my interaction with Madison Van Lines, but for brevity I will summarize 2 reasons why you should NOT hire this company. (1) They tried to get me to sign a gag order, and (2) they hire local carriers to move your items and therefore take zero responsibility for anything that goes wrong during your move. Move info for those interested…

(1) After 2 months of back and forth, they offered me only $250 for well over $2,000 of damaged and lost items. However, this was under the condition that I sign a legal document forbidding ANYTHING negative comments, by ANY method of communication, FOREVER. I have the document to prove it. How dishonest a business practice is that? I suspect there would be many more negative reviews online if the company did not have this policy.

(2) They refuse to take responsibility for anything that happens during your move. This is because they are simply a logistics company. They hire local movers to actually move your items, and claim they have no legal responsibility for anything the movers do. They also will not provide you with the name of the moving company, until the day of your move. If ANYTHING goes wrong with your move, good luck getting them to take responsibility for it.

Original review: May 21, 2019

Moving to Las Vegas was a bit stressful. Finding a mover is even more stressful. There is so much garbage on the net. I pretty much chose Madison based on their reviews and referrals from two consumer groups. The moving experience was fine. I had no issues and my sales rep Brooke was great! I would use again.

Original review: May 9, 2019

Do NOT use Madison Van Lines!!! They are a broker that claims to be highly skilled and professional, but they are probably the worst moving company with whom I've ever had the misfortune of working. I recently used them to move from NY to FL. I provided my inventory with exact dimensions of everything, including all boxes and furniture. I was quoted a final price of $1,906. I even confirmed with their representative Jill the day before my move my exact inventory, and she still said everything would be $1,906. To my surprise, when NYC Movers came to pick up all of my belongings, I was told my price was actually $3,000! When I questioned this, I was told that even though my inventory was 100% correct, that the Madison Van Lines representative totally undercut my total cubic footage.

After six weeks of going back and forth with them, they are now trying to deny any responsibility for this. They will ignore you in all hopes that you will just "go away". Well, I'm not "going away". I am moving forward with legal action against them, as they breached the contract and have been extremely unresponsive. I also submitted a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, as their unscrupulous and unethical/shady business practices need to be shut down! Referring to these people as moronic is an understatement. I don't want any other potential customers to fall victim to this horrible, deceptive moving broker, so beware! AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!!!!

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

I had a good experience with Madison Van Lines. I was moving from New York City to Iowa and I did a lot of research on Madison and compared a lot of companies. Madison came in better than a lot of the other companies price-wise, and that was a big thing. Their people came in and assisted me in packing up. They had all of my items packed up onto the truck, and they moved. The truck arrived two weeks later as expected. I wasn’t trying to get it earlier than that, so it all worked well.

One bureau that wasn’t very well made had broken, so that wasn’t a big problem. The only thing was the estimated cost. They underestimated what it would be. At first, it was more, and I supposed that’s what happens a lot. It was more than I thought it would be, but I know it was competitive. I realized it was a long distance, and there was a fairly good volume of stuff. But in general, those kinds of things are overpriced. The person coordinating the move was gonna try and get another truck to get more out of everything. But then we talked about it and he was able to set everything in.

Madison Van Lines could try to be more accurate with estimates of moving, although I realized part of it was my estimation too. Also, they could try to minimize cost and not try to go on with a second vehicle to add on anything when it’s not necessary. On the other hand, the person who drove the truck did a good job. He was good and very helpful on both ends.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

I was trying to move things from Atlanta to Maine. I did a search online and found Madison Van Lines. And I have nothing good to say about them. The truck did not arrive on time. They were supposed to be there at 3:30 in the afternoon, but they didn't get there until 11:30 at night in the pouring, as I sat for eight hours because I had to drive to meet them. Also, half of my furniture was broken. Out of 11 pieces, five were literally broken in a nasty way.

They were also very adamant about getting their money and cash up front, but everything with the quote was as they said it would be. My big problem with them paying with was the delivery did not meet the expectation I paid extra for it to be delivered by a certain time and the fact that all my furniture was broken. I feel like what they did was subcontract to somebody who didn't have any experience moving. They showed up in an Enterprise Truck Rental and the two men that were handling the furniture obviously were not skilled. I would tell everybody to stay away from Madison Van Lines and not to do business with them. I would never recommend them to anybody.

Madison Van Lines response

Hi Barbara,I have tried to reach out to you regarding this matter. Please call me back at your convenience so that we can work towards an acceptable resolution. Thank you for the opportunity

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

Finally the first move that actually went smooth. I detest movers based on many past experiences. Did some research then Madison Van Lines came up in conversation with my neighbor. Was able to reach the reps when I needed anything. They had knowledge and were honest about how they do things. No complaints! Will refer them to anyone I come in contact with that needs a mover.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

I have used other moving companies in the past and just had bad experiences... I have not had one problem with moving since I found this company. From speaking to the representative to the movers... everything was perfect. I highly recommend.

Madison Van Lines Company Information