3.81/5
Based on 16 reviews that contain star ratings

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Madison Van Lines is your trusted global relocation company offering an array of domestic and international moving services. Their team of experienced staff is committed to providing the most cost effective and hassle-free move that suits your budget and timeline. Other services include packing, crating, storage and specialty freight services to ensure your personal items are safe and secure at all times. Call Madison Van Lines today for your free quote!

16 Madison Van Lines Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

I had a good experience with Madison Van Lines. I was moving from New York City to Iowa and I did a lot of research on Madison and compared a lot of companies. Madison came in better than a lot of the other companies price-wise, and that was a big thing. Their people came in and assisted me in packing up. They had all of my items packed up onto the truck, and they moved. The truck arrived two weeks later as expected. I wasn’t trying to get it earlier than that, so it all worked well.

One bureau that wasn’t very well made had broken, so that wasn’t a big problem. The only thing was the estimated cost. They underestimated what it would be. At first, it was more, and I supposed that’s what happens a lot. It was more than I thought it would be, but I know it was competitive. I realized it was a long distance, and there was a fairly good volume of stuff. But in general, those kinds of things are overpriced. The person coordinating the move was gonna try and get another truck to get more out of everything. But then we talked about it and he was able to set everything in.

Madison Van Lines could try to be more accurate with estimates of moving, although I realized part of it was my estimation too. Also, they could try to minimize cost and not try to go on with a second vehicle to add on anything when it’s not necessary. On the other hand, the person who drove the truck did a good job. He was good and very helpful on both ends.

Get expert buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

I was trying to move things from Atlanta to Maine. I did a search online and found Madison Van Lines. And I have nothing good to say about them. The truck did not arrive on time. They were supposed to be there at 3:30 in the afternoon, but they didn't get there until 11:30 at night in the pouring, as I sat for eight hours because I had to drive to meet them. Also, half of my furniture was broken. Out of 11 pieces, five were literally broken in a nasty way.

They were also very adamant about getting their money and cash up front, but everything with the quote was as they said it would be. My big problem with them paying with was the delivery did not meet the expectation I paid extra for it to be delivered by a certain time and the fact that all my furniture was broken. I feel like what they did was subcontract to somebody who didn't have any experience moving. They showed up in an Enterprise Truck Rental and the two men that were handling the furniture obviously were not skilled. I would tell everybody to stay away from Madison Van Lines and not to do business with them. I would never recommend them to anybody.

Madison Van Lines response

Hi Barbara,I have tried to reach out to you regarding this matter. Please call me back at your convenience so that we can work towards an acceptable resolution. Thank you for the opportunity

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

Finally the first move that actually went smooth. I detest movers based on many past experiences. Did some research then Madison Van Lines came up in conversation with my neighbor. Was able to reach the reps when I needed anything. They had knowledge and were honest about how they do things. No complaints! Will refer them to anyone I come in contact with that needs a mover.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

I’ve dealt with moving companies in the past that would promise a price and then raise it when they showed up. Also delivery times were never accurate. Finally, I found a company that was honest and on time. Very happy with Madison and would recommend to family and friends.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

I have used other moving companies in the past and just had bad experiences... I have not had one problem with moving since I found this company. From speaking to the representative to the movers... everything was perfect. I highly recommend.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Madison Van Lines?

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

I moved here from Texas, and my father hired Madison Van Lines. He was searching for moving companies, and they were one of the few that would move from Texas to Ohio. He did the quote and the scheduling. The scheduling was due to my schedule, but he booked it. When the moving crew packed up my place, they were really helpful and super nice and very efficient. It was really fast and it went super great. The only problem that we had was when they delivered it. They only sent one gentleman to move all my stuff, which I felt was a little silly -- considering that I have an upstairs apartment. Nevertheless, he was very professional, and he did a great job. He was very, very capable, like there was nothing with him. Also, he had just moved a whole other person’s house by himself that morning and then came. So, I was really impressed with him.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

I was moving from Jersey City, New Jersey to Jacksonville Florida. Moving with Madison Van Lines was the move from hell. Everything that could have gone wrong went wrong. I was quoted a price of 1,800, I think it was. By the time the night was out and the move was done, it cost me 6,700. Also, I was supposed to get a mover on a specific date. That evening, they called and they said they could not move me. Finally, some other guy showed up. When the truck got there, one of the drivers quit on the spot.

Additionally, one of the fellows that was doing the move opened up the refrigerator and helped himself to what was there. Another one of the guys stole a pair of socks from the tenant in the basement, not knowing that in those socks, there was $500. The tenant in the basement went and into the truck and got the socks out of the truck. The dresser arrived broken and I don't even know if the boxes all arrived. Unfortunately, they were stored in a property and I haven't been able to move out of that property yet to the new home. It was a total nightmare and the worst experience of my life. I would never recommend Madison to anybody nor use their service.

Madison Van Lines response

We are sorry to hear about your experience Winny. We are looking into the situation and will be in touch with you shortly to find an acceptable resolution.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

Moving from Wilmington, NC to Hanover, PA - This move was to relocate my 91 yr. old mother to a retirement facility near me. Everything went smoothly except for a broken leg on an antique wing chair. After the mover pointed out the damage, I was assured that Madison will pay for the repair. The chair is now in the shop and hopefully Madison will stand behind their offer. The estimator for this move was Erika. She could not have been more attentive and helpful. Movers kept in good touch with me while on the road and were great at timing the pickup and drop off times. I would certainly recommend Madison to my friends.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

Madison Van Lines was terrific. My move was over 900 miles and I was nervous about finding the right movers. Madison did everything we agreed upon. No hidden costs, no delays, no poor excuses. All of my belongings arrived as scheduled, in tact. I could not have been more pleased! I would most definitely recommend Madison! Thank you.

Madison Van Lines response

Hello Rosanne, Thank you so much for the kind words. We are very happy to hear everything went well with your move.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

Thanks to Madison and my Sales representative for taking exceptional care of me and my things throughout the entire process of this move. It was very stressful for me but Madison came when they said they would, sent a competent team, packed everything that was for storage. Madison handled everything in a professional manner and their care is most appreciated. I highly recommend Madison! Thanks!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

Just thought I'd take a minute to thank Madison Van Lines for a good move experience. Moving away from family for my new job was rough and I was really nervous hiring a mover for the first time. Now that my delivery came I am happy everything turned out well plus the price quote stayed the same.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

The move so far has been uneventful. However my items are in storage until Feb. Had some issues with the sub contracting company, Ocean Movers. There was NOT the correct information (cost and storage) that was provided by Madison provided to Ocean. We will see how the remainder of the move goes in Feb.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

The woman I talked to who helped forward anything made me go with Madison Van Lines. Although I did not find all that she had said as true. She said it was the same crew, but that did not seem to be true. Also, well into the move when I could no longer use a different company, but I found out that that wasn’t true. The initial people that came were lovely, but the crew at the other end just dumped the stuff. They didn’t label it well, and it was all in the wrong rooms. Some of the boxes were upside down, even the fragile boxes. It was like they were in a hurry. It was not a great experience. If Madison Van Lines said that they’re one company that was gonna have a seamless process, then they shouldn’t say halfway into it that they don't do things. They said they were what I was looking for, and then they weren’t all the other places that I turned down that were more honest.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

My son who graduated college, got a job and an apartment. I had extra furniture so to give him a head-start, I decided to move furniture from Southern California up to him in Seattle. I looked for someone who had positive reviews and selected Madison Van Lines. However, I wasn't very happy with them. I was very explicit as to what furniture was going to be moved and the person who took my initial order gave me a reasonable quote including the number of boxes in addition to furniture that was gonna be going up. When the guys came, all of a sudden, the quote doubled. I was incredulous but it was already the day of the move and it was too late for me to call another company.

I was in Seattle to receive the delivery, help them unload and help my son set up his place. The delivery guys left a big mess. They unpacked everything, but left all their packing materials that the furniture went to right outside the front door of the apartment. I thought they would leave everything in a huge pile in the common area and have their hand out to the dumpster that was about 70 feet away. They said that unless I pay them extra, they were not gonna clean it up.

Then, there were several pieces that I had to search in the van because I knew they had not delivered everything. One was a dining room chair because they had delivered five, but there should be six. I found it in a different part of the van included in someone else's bundle. And then, they had their hand out for a tip. I told them, "Tipping is if I'm happy with your service. But for me to have to climb in your van and look for my furniture, that's not acceptable." Fortunately, I don't move often. I would never use them again.

Madison Van Lines response

Hello Christina, We are very sorry to hear about your experience. I will look into this move and will be in touch with you shortly to find an acceptable resolution.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

I was moving from Florida to North Carolina, and I found Madison Van Lines online. I called them and they gave me the information I needed. The moving coordinator gave me a quote and we agreed on it. He gave me the name of the movers and told me when they would be there. The moving crew moved around quickly and got everything done very quickly too, so I was happy with that. It’s hard when you’re moving and you check everything as it’s coming in. After I got everything home, I started going through things and found out that I was missing things. I called the movers but they didn’t know anything about them and they weren’t being very helpful either.

I’m not a really organized person, so it’s partly my fault because I didn’t keep track. But I would have assumed that the truck drivers would be the first ones to call because they were the ones who had the stuff on the truck. Madison didn’t do anything and they just said that I had to talk to the guy. But when I called, the guy that I was talking to wasn’t with the company anymore. None of the things that I was missing was worth anything I could claim though. Like, one leg to my dresser was missing, so I don’t have all the legs in my dresser anymore. That’s a big inconvenience when I have a good dresser. There were miscellaneous weird things like that, things that don’t mean anything to anybody else, but they were things that I needed that I don’t have.

I don’t have any complaints about the drivers or the way they did things, except that I was missing some stuff and that they started giving me stuff that wasn’t mine. The biggest issue, however, was getting coordination with the delivery and getting those things. I have made the arrangement that my stuff needed to be picked up by a certain time, but I wouldn’t be in my next destination until the following week. Yet they called me the next morning wanting to deliver my things, and I haven’t even left Florida yet. Still, the people at Madison were great. They did everything they were supposed to do and everything went the way it was supposed to.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

I moved from Idaho to Arizona and I picked Madison Van Lines because of their star rating. The process was an easy one. The only thing that I didn’t understand or maybe didn’t hear was as far as packing, I assumed that they were packing. But I checked closer to the move time if that was the case and they said they could but then it would be more cost. They didn’t give me a quote for packing versus unpacking though. They gave me a quote for not packing but that wasn’t really clear. That aside, they responded to me quickly when I had questions about things. The moving crew was also professional and they did a really good job. They showed up early even, which was convenient, then they were also very prompt in arriving on the drop-off.

Madison Van Lines Company Information