Lowe's Home Improvement

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Lowe's Home Improvement Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lowe's Home Improvement?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lowes?

Original review: Aug. 1, 2020

Every time, I end up regretting when I purchase anything with extended warranty from another few major companies who are Lowe's competitor and I tell myself that I will never do it again. Lowe's customer service is truly the best... they maybe not be perfect & I do get someone who is not willing to assist once a while... but overall, you cannot find a better customer service than Lowe's. Recently, my few years old fridge started having an issue in my OBX vacation home. Using the extended warranty, I called the 3rd party contractor provided by Lowe's. After a month or so, they missed the appointment saying that repairman was not feeling good (repairman called & told us he was on his way but never showed up)... We called the repair agency and was told that there is no more appointment for another 6 month (at Lowe's competitor, with a similar issue we were told that is nothing they can do & to keep contacting the manufacture).

We called Lowe's 800 customer service & opened a case and a week later a manager called and issued full credit and this was not the first time that Lowe's helped us.. There have been various occasions that Lowe's came thru and helped us. Compare this with Lowe's direct competitor and another location which gives you two weeks to return things and has the worst customer service ever.

Original review: July 6, 2020

The quarantine has changed how we shop. Lowe's has risen to the occasion by having drive-up pick-up of orders & online shopping orders. The store was always clean, but now when you go in, you smell the clean as staff are busily cleaning carts, keypads, handrails. All surfaces. Clearly marked 6ft distances for the cash stands, sneeze guards for the cashiers, hands free check out. A cashier scans the products from the cart then you offer payment, you really only need to touch what you place in the cart.

We have no mandatory masking in Columbus Ohio, but they politely & kindly insist all customers wear them. There has been a concerted effort to keep customers and staff safe, while still allowing me to browse the multitude of products if I need to find some home repair or decor item that I am not sure of. They are still there to assist as always. Home Depot had been my favorite in California, but here in Ohio, at this time of deep upheaval, Lowe's has met the challenge, and it is appreciated.

Get buying tips about Home Supplies and Tools delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2019

Shopping for countertops, we started at Home Depot...because it was the first store we came to. However, I’d had a great experience at our Minnesota Lowe’s store buying countertops so, when I needed them in our Arizona home, I went directly to my local Carefree, AZ store. I worked with Iris to come up with a plan and I selected a Silestone product. I was thrilled with my choice and that it fit into my tight budget. After all, Lowe’s quoted prices included installation (except for cutting a sink opening). Like in my Minnesota experience, this was deciding factor for me.

An outside installer was scheduled to do official measurements at our home. They came. They left. A week later Iris called to say there would be an additional installation charge of over $1000! I was crestfallen. I was also angry that installation would be that much more when installation was included! The explanation was that additional structure was required to bear the weight of the Silestone. I cancelled my order. Iris was the BEST to work with but, though she could explain the policies and be somewhat flexible with the Lowe’s prices, she couldn’t convince the installer to waive all his add-ons.

Next, I considered the composite granite. We found one that was similar to the Silestone and in an affordable bracket. Again, I paid and moved forward with the order. A new installation company was sent to our home. After all measurements were taken, again we were notified of a substantial upcharge! This time, we were told that the upcharge was to cover the expense of added structure under the countertops due to a garden window. Iris did all she could to fight for us but the installer would not absorb the additional charges.

Though I was angry and very disappointed, I was tired of the entire futile and frustrating experience by this time and decided to just drop everything and live with my old, out-of-date Formica countertops. Iris and I selected a date when I could meet her at the store to process another refund. That morning, Iris met me up front at the customer care desk. Franz, Iris’s supervisor joined her to process the large refund. I waited on a bench off to the side. After several minutes, Franz and Iris came out and approached me. Franz apologized for my wait but explained that the decision had been made on behalf on Lowe's to provide the countertops and installation at the price I had already paid! I was so shocked that I cried! I was thankful that I chased down my husband to share the good news. My husband’s response was this: “I guess this makes it clear that Lowe’s is our go-to place for home improvement from now on.” So be it!

The follow up is that, about a month later, the guys arrived to install the new countertops. The installers were so fun, professional, efficient and fast. I love the finished product! Our friends have been so complimentary. I have a bright, light kitchen. It's just as I’d hoped. Fun fact: No added structure was required to support my countertops when the old were removed to reveal what was there.

Kathy

Rio Verde, AZ

Original review: Oct. 23, 2019

OK lets start out with you entering the store. Looking for set screw to fit a knob in your door but don't know what size. Greeter listens to your request, calls an associate who escorts you to the wall of many size screws. Looking like you're lost, which you are, he then takes you to the door knob section so you can point out which knob you have. Great, still doesn't tell you what screw, BUT, don't give up, he opens the box and looks at the screws inside and then, after closing the box, takes you to the screw wall again, points to the one you're looking for and with that you shake his hand, pull the screw pack, leave the area, go to cash out and lo and behold, you get to go right thru and no waiting. All this within 15 min. Now this is what I call customer service. Tell me where else you find this. You can't, can you. Oh, by the way, being a veteran, and my card shows same, I got a discount on my purchase also. WHAT A WAY TO GO. Love Lowe's. I'll be back.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2019

Lowe's has been amazing with my water heater and my furnace. I had a water pipe break outside of my house leaked into the basement and took out both my water heater and the furnace. I went into Lowe's looking at the furnaces, wanted to do a little price checking, found a furnace and water heater that is perfect for my little one bedroom house, just a little one that would fit perfect in the basement or up on my backroom area.

Lowe's customers Care's are awesome people. The price of everything was checked and I couldn't find it anywhere else cheaper. Lowe's gave me a great deal on both but it didn't stop there, if I needed anything they were there. So polite and respectful as well as understanding. I had many questions to ask and everyone of my questions got answered. The store is very well kept and clean, didn't have a problem finding anything and everything I asked was most definitely answered very well put. Thank you to everyone at Lowe's and everyone I talked to on the phone.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2020

I called Lowe's on 9/15/20 to explain a situation I had with a washer & dryer set I ordered in December 2019. The dryer was defective, and I had been dealing with a warranty replacement for the dryer since June 2020. GE warranty department was replacing the dryer with a totally different dryer (the one I purchased from Lowe's in December 2019 had been discontinued; a grey dryer was available in September, white ones would be available later this year). Since the new dryer and my washer weren't going to match, GE offered a matching washer for $720. I wanted to see if Lowe's could provide a better discount on a matching washer.

On 9/15, Lowe's representative Melissa told me clearly that Lowe's could sell me the matching washer for $240.50. This was a number she said on her own, as I called just to see if it was possible. She said she just needed her supervisor to approve, which would not be a problem, and that I could order with her on the phone for full price and she would call me back the next day to adjust the price. I ordered the washer with her on the phone, and she told me to go ahead and place the order for the replacement dryer through GE. After ordering the washer with Melissa, I ordered the replacement dryer. Melissa called back on 9/18/20 and said she had her supervisor to approve the price adjustment and if I could hold on the line. After 20 minutes on hold, she hung up.

I called back on 9/19, asked to speak with Melissa, and was told that I couldn't. I called numerous times, and sent numerous emails, as I only placed the replacement dryer order through GE based on what Lowe's told me regarding the washer. Lowe's emailed me back saying that I never called on 9/15, shockingly enough -- then how did I order the washer on the phone if I never called? I called Lowe's again, spoke to supervisor Mike on the phone for an hour, who confirmed that all my phone calls were recorded and would be investigated. This was on 9/28.

On 10/5, Melissa's supervisor Matt called me to say yes, Melissa did say that she would adjust the price to $240.50, but that was a lie and Lowe's would not honor that price. After another hour on the phone, he said the best he could do was $760 (with tax) plus a $100 gift card. That was basically the same price that GE was offering me, and I would have NEVER ordered the washer for that price, I would have waited for a replacement dryer to be available through GE that was more similar to mine (GE said that the white dryer would be available later this year, the one available in September was in grey, which is why I wanted to find out if I could get the grey washer at a discounted price and not wait longer for a fully functioning dryer). However, at that point GE had already delivered the replacement dryer that previous week.

Lowe's flat out lied to me every step of the way, defrauded me into placing a purchase for $1200, ignored my calls and emails, told me I never called them, never called me or emailed me to say that the $240 price was a lie and would not be honored, and after hours on the phone, they finally admitted that the $240.50 price was promised but could not be honored. Just plain fraud. Unbelievable that a huge, reputable corporation did this.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2020

I purchased a refrigerator four months ago. Upon purchasing the refrigerator along with a stove, microwave, dishwasher and garbage disposal I was made aware that the delivery of the items would be longer than usual due to COVID, six to eight weeks. I figured it will be fine being that I’m remodeling my kitchen and the time frame fits perfectly with my demo work. This was in July. Fast forward 8 weeks I get all my stuff except the refrigerator. I was told by a manager nevertheless that another store had it and it would be delivered the following week. This was after a sales associate informed me that the fridge would not be in till middle of October. Of course that’s when I asked to speak to a manager.

Well the next week came and went to fridge and the manager stated he never told me that he had ONE at another store.... Ok so now we are in October. I call to check on the status, I am informed that the fridge is there and would be delivered that Saturday. Saturday rolled around I call to get a ETA sales rep. States they had several call offs and do not have drivers to deliver (very professional) but, "Ok so when can it be delivered?" "Monday between 12-5." Ok.... Now I have to rearrange my schedule once again. Now it’s Monday 4pm soooo I call to get a ETA. This manager informs me that my fridge isn’t there!!!! And does not have a explanation as to why I was set up for delivery! And can’t give me a ETA on my fridge!!!!

Original review: Oct. 16, 2020

So far this job is not going as envisioned. Product came after lengthy wait (no troubles there though) was delivered as promised...YEAH. Then the installation came or I should say never started! First day 4 guys show up and none look like they have ever done this. No tape measure, no tools and they started placing holes in the yard, more holes than I have posts I might add! Then after 90 minutes of digging they left. 25 holes in my backyard with no covers on it and an irate neighbor. They show up on Tuesday and start working. Come home to a fence that leans left and right - has panels that are 3 feet, 5 feet and almost 10 feet in length. Not one pole is level vertical...most are 3 inches off plumb in cement that is set. Call Lowe's distraught....This is not how a fence goes.

They had to use my husband's wheelbarrow (wheel fell off), his shovel and nothing cleaned. To be fair they asked and I said yes, but what else can I do! Husband takes the next day off work and they say they'll make it right. They have to dig everything out and start over and then after 4 hours they leave to get a tool and don't return! They leave a pile of stuff in my yard that looks like junk and again, on the phone with Lowe's. Working with our person I was told this is my house and my property and I have the right for them not to come back and get a new team....then crickets. The guys were all polite and nice, just inexperienced and no clue what they are doing! No tools, no level, nothing. Then Lowe's goes silent...for days!

Neighbors complaining, township called about open holes and "trash" in the yard and Lowe's....crickets. 3 days later I'm told that they have a crew ready to come so they are fulfilling their contract and it's the same crew I was told on Wednesday that I could say that I didn't want?!?! I asked where in the contract does it say incompetent crews allowed. My yard looks like a cemetery in the making and still nothing being taken care of! DO NOT USE LOWE'S for any installs!

Original review: Oct. 15, 2020

Had a Generac generator ($15,000) installed at my home and the contractor never closed out permit in 2017. Found out recently in the process of selling home and permits came up open and it failed inspection and LOWE'S will not fix the wrong! I spoke to a representative name Summer in the installation department and she said she will get someone out there to correct the issue but never have! I’ve been calling, leaving voicemails for 2 weeks and no call backs! Summer is a liar!

Why would Lowe’s not followed up on the contractor finalizing the permits? Now I have to find a plumber to remove gas pipe from foundation of home to generator just to remove all the rust then paint! All outside gas pipes are to be painted by code so they don’t rust, that’s why inspector failed me 2 weeks ago! Summer and Nicholas ** I believe his last name will not return your calls!!!! Lowe’s need to do better! I will never use Lowe’s again! I will be giving Home Depot my business going further....

Original review: Oct. 7, 2020

Went to Lowe's in July of 2020 to set up a kitchen remodel. I was originally told that this process should take 2 weeks up to a month to complete. It has now been over 60 days and I still do not have a working kitchen. The coordinator barely did her job, which caused me to have intervene and do the coordinator's job. I've had to make all of the appointments, and do the follow up. Looks like Lowe's made a good chuck of money off of me for me to do their jobs. The contractors measured correctly but the store messed up the measurements. The replacement cabinets were suppose to be here in 10-15 days and now I am being told it will be longer. I do not have a working kitchen, and needless to say it cost a lot to feed a family of 7 on take out, and eating frozen food is horrible on your health. I will never use their services again. Paid way too much money to be left without a kitchen. I will never use their services again.

Lowe's Home Improvement Company Information