Lowe's Home Improvement

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

View Plans

Lowe's Home Improvement Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lowes?

Original review: April 8, 2018

I purchased a new gas stove from Lowes. I asked both the salesperson and department manager about installation. I wanted a plumber. Both insisted that their installation people were certified, specially trained. They were also the subcontracted delivery people. The stove was a quick installation. I was told the stove would have a new stove chemical smell. They ran the oven for 30 minutes. I ran the oven for an hour for the next 4 days, kept a window etc. but the smell was still there. I called Lowes and asked for a more experienced person to come back. They did, and found a loose fitting.

Over the next few weeks I was still not sure that the smell was gone. It was faint but never smelled like rotten eggs! I called Nicor gas and they checked the installation. It was still leaking due to loose fitting and lack of that goopy stuff that is painted on. How many other stoves are out there with this problem? Lowes should not be installing stoves! How much did it cost me with this leak? How much was my health impacted?

Original review: April 8, 2018

Don't be fooled by what may appear to be really good prices on the Lowe's website. I'm so angry that I wasted my time comparing a dryer to other machines on the market at various stores. I checked delivery charges, etc… the whole thing. After coming to the conclusion that it was the best deal at Lowe's, I put it in my cart prepared to buy it. Just like a previous reviewer from a week before, it said that it's not available. They clearly keep it online just to bring people to their site, so on principle, I will go out of my way not to purchase from them, even though they have another model I could go for that is the same price as other stores. Unbelievable. I tried to post a review on their site, but they rejected it... What a surprise. There was no 'bad language', just a message warning about their practices. Leave them out of your price comparison shopping.

Original review: April 6, 2018

On March 26, 2018 I bought a stand-up freezer, was told it will get delivered April 1st, March 31st I get a call my freezer ain't in the warehouse so delivery will be April 6, today they delivered the freezer to me with several dents, I refuse to take it, if I wanted a dented freezer I would think a used one would be good. I didn't get a call the night before nor on the delivery day. Finally fed up I went to the store and demanded my money back since I paid cash customer service was more like children at play, I ask to talk to the manager, who finally showed up with not even so much as a clue, said they can't give me my money back right then because the freezer hasn't made it back to the warehouse yet, totally incompetent customer service. Now I have to make another trip tomorrow to get my money back, I will DEFINITELY switch over to the Home Depot across the street.

Original review: April 6, 2018

Lowe’s has the worst delivery service I have ever experienced. I get an automated phone call about my scheduled delivery for 4/2/2018 and they were a no call no show. I contact Lowe’s Corporate regarding my delivery and speak to several people before I ask for a supervisor, supervisor Avery was great. He offered a discount and apologized for the day I lost of work, he said my delivery would be out in 3 to 7 days. I don’t understand why if it was already scheduled for 4/2/2018.

Avery said my dryer was on backorder so instead of making 2 deliveries they would only make one. So I get a second call for delivery for 4/5/2018 with a 2 hour window and again no call no show. So I call Lowe’s Corporate regarding my delivery yet again and they called the driver and they had a washer delivered and NO DRYER YET AGAIN… The washer looks as if it was on display with scratches and full of dust… This is the worst shopping experience I have ever had and apparently this experience is not over yet… I am beyond frustrated with Lowe’s.

Original review: April 4, 2018

Some guy Dave pointed in the direction and waved me off like I was irritating him. I got no answers to my questions, no time for my concerns, he didn't even look at me just pointed and waved me off. Does this guy not have a job?

Original review: April 3, 2018

On 3/27/18 my stackable washer/dryer was deemed un-repairable. After doing some research online, I decided to go to Home Depot to talk to their experts and make my purchase. When I got there I had to ask two different people for help in the Appliance department. Finally after tracking down yet another employee, I was told that the Appliance expert had left for the day (at 7pm, even though the store doesn't close till 10 pm). Annoyed to have wasted my time, I rushed over to Lowe's in the hopes of having a better customer experience. If only I had known then what I know now.

At first, I must say that I was pleasantly surprised by how helpful the sales associate was. He was fairly knowledgeable and was able to answer key questions I had. One important factor for me when it came down to making my final purchase decision was availability and final delivery date. I was told it would deliver on Thursday, 3/29 and that I would receive an automated message the night before that would provide a delivery window of 2 hrs. The sales associate asked me if the washer/dryer was to be installed upstairs or ground floor. I told him it was upstairs, to which he replied "okay that will be a four man job".

On Wednesday night I missed a call on my cell phone that had gone straight to voicemail. When listening to the automated message left on my voicemail, there was no delivery window mentioned (it sounded like the recording had not started at the intended beginning, but I can't be sure). What was on the automated message was a request for me to "press 1" to confirm the delivery window, or "press 2" to do something else, etc. How stupid. How are you going to have instruction like that on an automated message without regard for the possibility that the person the message is intended to reach may not be able to physically answer the phone?

How am I to confirm anything this way? Ridiculous. So I call the number back and of course there is an automated message that asks you to dial the extension if you know it and to otherwise wait for your call to be answered. They don't actually call you until after 7pm, so if you are calling back, don't expect anyone to be there to answer your call. Nervous that my delivery would be cancelled since I couldn't press 1, I tried dialing a series of numbers just to get to someone's voicemail. I left a message on that voicemail explaining that my voicemail had picked up the automated call blah blah blah. Left my number, name and requested someone call me back to let me know the delivery window for the following day and to consider this my confirmation for the delivery date of 3/29. No one called me back.

The next morning and the day my unit was to deliver, I called them again. I spoke to someone about my order. I explained that I had not been able to confirm my delivery due to the automated message being left on my voicemail and that the message did not include a delivery window. He confirmed that delivery would be between 3-5 and they would have an automated call go out 15 minutes prior to arriving. Great – I arranged to be available between those hours which meant taking time off work. But I was excited that I would be doing laundry that night – as I was starting to run out of clean clothes and my house was in disarray due to the preparations I made for the installation.

I received the automated call 15 minutes prior to the arrival of the delivery team. They were right on time. When they came inside and saw where the laundry closet was, the guy said they’d need four men to do this job – him and his coworker would not be enough. I told him that the salesperson had said that when he asked me whether I lived upstairs or not. Why this info was not on his paperwork is beyond me. He took some pictures of the stairway as well as some measurements, apologized and said that he would have to call his boss to let her/him know what happened and then he left. I was very disappointed that they were not able to complete the delivery because of a simple communication failure.

I called the delivery company directly and spoke to someone who said she’d have to check on the schedule for the following day, but after speaking to me for a little she told me that she was putting me on the schedule for the following morning between 8-10am with a team of four. She said I should expect a confirmation call that evening.

Meanwhile my boyfriend had called Lowe’s to find out what the heck happened & to get assurance that there would be no further issues. Multiple people promised return calls that never came or were returned 8 hours later. I’d like to point out that every time you call Lowe’s, you get transferred around, get hung up on, get placed on hold without anyone ever picking up, get the wrong department, etc. This experience or runaround was repeated every time we attempted to reach someone. I will say that by the end of this fiasco, I know all the names of the people in the Lowe’s delivery department and recognize the voices of those that work for the incompetent delivery company.

That night I did receive my confirmation call, but the automated message stated that my delivery window would be from noon to 2pm. This was not what I was told when I called after the initial failed delivery attempt. My attempt to call them was futile. I had no choice but to call them in the morning and that is what I did. When they looked up the delivery, there were no notes regarding the promise that had been made to me to deliver between 8-10. They had me on the schedule for 12-2 pm. I asked if that schedule included a team of two or four delivery personnel. I was shocked to hear that that only one team of two people were assigned to my delivery.

I cannot believe that after the initial mess up, they promised a resolution that was never on the books and furthermore had me on the schedule for two people – despite the fact that the whole reason it couldn’t deliver initially was due to the need for a four person team. Mistakes happen in every type of business -we’ve all been on both sides of a situation where errors are made. It is how you recover or rectify those mistakes that truly affect a customer’s willingness to do business with you and your company again. Sadly, this was strike 2 for me and all the hurdles in between each strike made it all the more likely that I would NEVER consider buying from Lowe’s again.

My boyfriend, now familiar with all the staff at Lowe’s, called them yet again and explained what had happened. One of the reps had agreed to a $200 credit. That eased some of the pain, however, the trust was broken and my patience was running out as my pile of laundry continued to mount. I work a LOT of hours, so taking time off work is difficult and finding time to collect my laundry and take it somewhere is not only inconvenient, but would also require more time than what my schedule can afford to give. I just want to say again, that one of the reasons I chose the unit that I did was because of Lowe’s promise to deliver by Thursday. Well, Thursday had come and gone and Friday was on its way out and I still didn’t have my washer/dryer.

I was beginning to think it would be better if I canceled my order with Lowe’s and make my purchase elsewhere – I figured it would probably deliver a lot faster than this situation with Lowe’s would be resolved. With the passing of each failure – several per day (lack of follow up, empty promises, Lowe’s staff unable to successfully communicate with the contracted delivery company and vice versa, being disconnected, placed on endless hold etc.) my disdain for Lowe’s increased. To be at the mercy of a company that cares so little for its customers is incredibly infuriating. My boyfriend had to contact Lowe’s multiple times again to ensure that the delivery on Saturday would be with a team of 4. They assured him it would be and that it would be in the morning. It was the only time I would be available, as I had plans that could not be changed Saturday night - so an afternoon delivery would be out of the question.

My big plans of doing laundry that night were dashed and my stomach was in knots – nervous that Lowe’s would let me down yet again. Around 9pm Friday night, I received the automated message I could now recite by heart, confirming delivery for Saturday between 8-10 am. I was to be the first stop. I started to relax a bit. Saturday morning, around 9:30, I received the 15 minute automated message stating they were on their way. Finally! I was so excited that this fiasco would be over and that I’d be able to do laundry in a matter of an hour or two. They showed up – the team of four (they really do exist) and they began the removal of my broken machine. This was completed without issue. They gave me time to clean the area in preparation for the installation of the new machine.

Several minutes later, the delivery person that I now recognized due to his multiple trips to my house, comes in and informs me that he is unable to complete the delivery because the machine I ordered is damaged. I couldn’t believe my ears. I was at a loss. He went on his way and I sat down to let that info sink in. I would have to buy clothes to make it to my event that night if I wanted something clean to wear. I called Lowe’s again, got hung up on once, transferred incorrectly twice, but finally reached the familiar voice in the delivery department.

I am embarrassed to say that I was in tears at this point. My frustration level had finally reached its limit. She put me on hold while she spoke with the other two people we knew by name in the department. I explained that I’m supposed to go out of town for Easter the following morning and that I have tickets to a show that night, so even if they could remedy by this afternoon, that would not work. I would have to cancel my Easter plans and would do so if delivery could be made the following morning. She looked for another unit in stock and told me she would call me back. This was the first return call I received within a reasonable time. She informed me that the delivery would be set up for Easter Sunday and that there was a unit in stock.

I received the automated confirmation call for a delivery window of 8:30-10: 30am. At around 9:45am, there was a knock on my door. The delivery man asked me what was to be delivered to me. Whaaaat? You don’t know what you are delivering to me? How is that even possible? I have to say that if I was the person responsible for the appliance delivery at Lowe’s I would have been there personally to ensure everything went smoothly and that the customer was finally taken care of. I told him that a washer/dryer was to be delivered. He said he’d have to check the truck. Check the truck? What kind of delivery company is this? I’ll tell you, they are ill-equipped, uninformed and unprofessional? After everything that happened up until then, I immediately felt sick to my stomach. Was this going to happen today or not? When he came back, he confirmed that the installation would happen. Hallelujah.

They brought the unit up and put it in place, did a two second test of the dryer and washer and took a photo of their handy work and left. Moments later I looked around the unit and found a piece of a plastic hose that had “assists in draining, do not remove” imprinted on it. I have no idea if this piece belongs to my unit, if it fell out of someone’s pocket, or if it’s a critical piece for my machine. Again, stomach in knots. I ran out to see if I could stop the men from leaving, but they were long gone. As I made my way back up the stairs, I noticed all the dirty smudges and handprints that were all over the entire stairwell. It took me a good hour to paint over all the areas they touched. Another bonus. I finally start my first load of laundry. Unbelievably, the hot and cold water was swapped. So, when I want cold water, I have to select hot water and vice versa. How hard is it to get that right? Lastly, the unit had scratches on the lid and the outside panel.

While I did receive an initial credit for all the failures, as well as an upgraded machine without an additional cost (the machine I originally ordered was discontinued apparently and they no longer had any in stock despite what I was told - again, another untruth), the headaches, work hours lost, Easter holiday plans cancelled, painting of walls etc. is nowhere near worth it. My unit is scratched and spits out scalding hot water when you select cold, but hey, it came with a door prize - an extra piece of plastic drainage hose.

My fight is not over. I now have to get in touch with Lowe’s once again regarding the hot/cold swap and schedule another appointment. I can tell you that this purchase has left me with PTSD and I dread having to go through them to complete this job correctly. I will never forget my experience with Lowe’s. They have no regard for their customers. Their focus is on the bottom line at the expense of the people that actually affect it - the customer. I will never do business with Lowe’s again and will be sure to share my experience with anyone and everyone willing to listen. You can bet that if there is a place for me to post my review, I will be doing so – and from the reviews I have come across thus far, I can see that I am just one of thousands of unhappy customers.

Original review: April 2, 2018

I got a gift card for my son-in-law as a Christmas present. When he went to use it there was no money in it. This is April, and repeated calls to their gift card services has been fruitless. They said they have to send it to "Corporate" — and after two months and repeated calls "Corporate" has not responded to me or to the card services! NEVER buy gift cards from Lowe's. It is a rip off!

Original review: April 1, 2018

No scanner for My Lowe's card (clerk told me I didn't need it). Couldn't find my order - asked me three times if it was a special order. It was. I showed her my email notice. She copied it down and asked two more times. I finally went behind desk after 30 minutes of watching her run around and there was my special order with my name on it. Clerk had no printer to give me a receipt despite my specifically asking for one. Pick Up desk was separate from Customer Service and located AT THE ENTRANCE. Total logjam at doorway. Three customers ahead of me still waiting after me as their items couldn't be located (one customer just purchased refrigerator and they couldn't find one).

Original review: April 1, 2018

We placed an order for washer and dryer on Friday March 30. We were told that they will be delivered Saturday March 31. We received a call Friday evening to say they will be delivered between 1 and 3 pm Saturday. Saturday morning we receive a call stating that they mixed up our order. We spent 45 minutes on the phone where they fixed the issue on THEIR end. They then told us that they will be delivering yesterday afternoon. Got a call at 2 pm. to say they can't because the items didn't get on the truck for delivery. I spoke with a manager. He assured me that he will handle. He said that they now don't have the washer in stock but have the dryer. He assured me that the dryer will be delivered April 1 between 7 a.m and noon time and washer will be delivered on Monday April 2.

This morning we receive a call to let us know that again they now don't have either items in stock even though Anthony assured me that the dryer was in stock and will be delivered. When we call, we wait literally 20-25 minutes and the people on the other end have zero clue on what has transpired, what discussions have occurred. This is NOT the kind of service that anyone should have to endure. Lack of credibility, lack of professionalism and outright misrepresentations to clients. I see based on other reviews that I am not the only person that has had this type of experience. I will not buy from them ever again.

Original review: March 30, 2018

Ordered a saw online. Two days AFTER Lowe's computer says it has been delivered I contact my local Lowe's. Customer Service said they couldn't help me and told me their manager will call me back. Never happened. Contacted Lowe's customer service. They couldn't provide status and blamed it on their vendor (not my issue, Lowe's should be responsible for their vendors). Next call they said the computerized status is wrong, the product has not been shipped yet (this is now several days after they cashed my check). Wouldn't give me a tracking number.

Next call, they couldn't contact their vendor. Again couldn't or wouldn't provide a tracking number. I asked about getting a refund. They said I couldn't get a refund until I receive the product which, at this point, may never happen. So, at this point, I feel Lowe's is doing an unacceptable job on tracking the order and an unacceptable job managing their vendors. I feel they are negligent in pointing the finger at their vendor and not taking any responsibility for this failed service. I will NEVER place an online order through Lowe's again.

Updated on 04/13/2018: After 3-1/2 weeks and several trips to my local Lowe's I finally got a refund, but not until after I filed the reports with UPS. They took absolutely no responsibility and only blamed the problem on Black and Decker and on UPS but would not lift a finger to help. I have not received one reply back from any manager and the only reply I got back from corporate customer service was to tell me that if I ever get my saw I can get a refund. Local store customer service was nice but was not empowered to help. They hit the same brick walls I did. Product is still lost but at least someone (customer service at local store) gave me a refund. I will never use their on-line ordering again and the juries still out on whether or not I will ever use Lowe's again.

Original review: March 30, 2018

3/29/18 Went to Lowe's to purchase a new refrig because ours stopped running. We were away and didn't find out until we returned. After purchasing one and set up a delivery date I was told someone would call. No one called. Spent 25 mins on the phone to find out they should deliver today. Called the store Manager Eric. He said he would call me back when he looked into it. That was 4 hrs ago. Still waiting. Not a good experience. Lost my refrig and all the food in refrig and freezer. I don't deserve this bad service. Don't think Lowe's intended to call me back. Terrible.

Original review: March 30, 2018

Short story. Contractor fix repair had me miss 3 half days of work and still not fix problem. Same guy every time. Ordered part and installed and didn't fix issue. After saying he was done I went to check and same issue. He asked me what problem was again because he forgot what he was fixing. Said he had to order another part and be another few days for parts and another half day lost for me. I paid for 5 year warranty and got (simply said) JACKED. Cal-Tex was company in San Antonio Tx. Lowe's shame on you for using such a low quality company. Will never buy large appliances from Lowe's again. I bought my 2 fridges and two washer two dryers in the past. Never again. See you.

Original review: March 29, 2018

My card was charged on 2/23/18. As of 3/29/18 I've made 2 payments on a fence I do not have. My "project coordinator" has replied to one email since February. Calling installation services results in more frustration - first I was told they didn't know why the contractor had not contacted me since all of the materials needed were in stock. I called back to follow up and was informed the hold up was due to waiting on materials. Materials were delivered to my house on 3/19/18 and are still laying in my front yard - with no confirmed install date and no response from my "project coordinator". Customer service is non-existent. I wish I had seen this and other reviews prior to choosing Lowe's.

Original review: March 29, 2018

We have twice had to take back a power washer (used only three times) to Lowe's... My husband had a three year warranty on this power washer, but we were charged $79 for the repair which was a governor spring that wasn't connected. We had to take it back again tonight for not starting and my husband asked for a new power washer, which, of course they said "no," we can send it off again. We left very frustrated with Lowe's and the Troy-Bilt 2800 gas power washer.

Original review: March 28, 2018

Bought a generator and install from Lowe's. They came out and looked at the job and project and stated what they would do. When it came time for install it was nothing like they said it would be. Generator placed in a different place that looked awful. Extremely poor customer service and difficult to work with. I would never recommend working with them again.

Original review: March 27, 2018

In the middle of a remodel and needed to buy tools and materials. The contractors had some Lowe's store credit (under their names) that they would like to cash out since they needed cash more than store credit. Went to the store with them, bought the materials bought more than I needed as it's the rule of thumb for remodeling and asked 2 different cashiers that if I had to return the things, will I have any issue putting the credit under my name so I don't have to rely on them. I was told multiple times that is not an issue. Spent about $550 and about 400 worth of store credit.

Went to return some of the items along with other items that I previously purchased on a credit card and the store credit was issued back to me in store credit which was fine. When I noticed they did not ask for my ID, I asked them to make sure it's under my name so I can go buy more items, they said it's going to the original person and there's nothing that can be done. The clerk recommended that I call the contractors and ask for their DL# which I did but later found out from that manager that this does not work either, the person needs to be there.

This doesn't help since I need to buy more materials and what if the contractors aren't available anytime soon to go back to the store with you or any other reasons. Spent 30 minutes with the store manager ** and even offered to take the items back and find a use for them and they can keep the store credit and was told if I did that, it would be theft. Extremely rude. I called customer service and explained the situation and asked "If Lowe's prevents its customers from transferring store credits to someone else, what happens if the customer loses the card, can Lowe's find it in their system and re-issue it?" The answer was "It's treated as cash, if you lose it then it's on you." Not so treated as cash if you can't give it to someone else. Bunch of BS.

Home Depot has a similar policy but they were straight on their answers so you know what to expect. Unfortunately, I have to drive an extra 3 miles for a Home Depot rather than going to the Lowe's across the street. Last of my business with them. If you need to know the conversation, talk to the manager ** he'll remember. 5550 Cottle Rd. San Jose, CA 95123, Store #1756.

Original review: March 27, 2018

I ordered a Washing Machine on Lowe’s.com as it was late at night and my washer had just gone out. To my surprise, my order confirmation stated that my new washer would be delivered the next day between 7 am and 9 pm!!! I was excited! The order confirmation also stated that I would get a call narrowing down the delivery time to a two hour period. I did get that call, stating my delivery would be between 930 am and 1130 am the next day.

The next day comes, I wait, and wait and wait, it’s finally 12:30 pm, I get a call from our local Lowe’s store calling to let me know that they do not have our washing machine in stock. What??? I asked the lady why it was then that I got 2 confirmations that delivery was scheduled for today. She replied in a very smart tone, “Who did you get a confirmation from?” So I explain... She then replies that she doesn’t know what happened and that they just don’t have the washer in stock. I asked her when they would get one in, and she said she didn’t know. She then looked up on her computer and said they were getting a delivery, but didn’t know when it would be there.

At this point, I’m fuming... How can you tell customers a delivery is scheduled and just never show up. She blamed it on the fact that they partner with an outside delivery service and their calls are automated. WHAT??? Makes no sense. The only way the delivery company knows to make a delivery is if Lowe’s tells them it. And be delivered. She had no response. Absolutely No Apology. So I just sit and wait for them to contact me back to let me know when the washer will be delivered.

Then about 3 hours later I get a call from the delivery company (automated call) asking me how my delivery went. What the heck... so I leave a message that the delivery never happened, and got a recorded message stating that someone would be in touch with me soon... 12:26 pm the day after my washer was to be delivered, I’ve heard nothing from Lowe’s nor the delivery company. Cancelling my order, I will go elsewhere!

Original review: March 27, 2018

Lowe's Louisville KY - I’m not from the area but have been there for a few months. I need construction materials on a daily basis and this is the worst Lowe’s I have ever encountered. The premises is covered in trash. The same trash that has been present for a very long time. Parking is extremely difficult as the carts are apparently stored all over the parking lot. Not just occasionally but every day. The Prodesk employees in this store treat me as I’m interrupting or bothering them when I need assistance in the most unorganized Lowe’s I’ve ever been in.

Original review: March 25, 2018

All Lowe's stores have a loading area close to the store that is intended for customers who are ready to load purchases into their vehicles. Most of the Lowe's stores I have seen even have signs posted, "No Parking. Loading Area Only", or words to that effect. Nonetheless, there are those customers who care only about themselves and use the loading area to park while shopping inside the store. This is especially true at the Lowes's store in Belmont, NC. I have repeatedly spoken to the employees, department managers, and 2 different store managers at this store about the situation but they've done nothing to rectify it.

When I shopped there, I was forced to wait, and wait, and wait, for the loading area to clear so that I could load. Many of those PARKED in the loading area often came out of the store with NO PURCHASES, or with a plastic bag or two. I did find a solution, however. Starting about 16 months ago, I now shop at Home Depot where store management has respect for my time. During this 16 month period, I've spent over $15,000 for various projects and pleased to say that not a penny went to Lowe's. Good riddance!!!

Original review: March 25, 2018

I placed an online order with Lowe's. I do this every time I have to buy something from them. Usually I pick up my order but this time they had to deliver it to me. I ordered on March 3rd and they said it would be delivered on March 24th and that I would receive an email with the 2 hour delivery window. The day before Friday, March 23rd I received the email stating my delivery window was Noon to 4:00 p.m. (some 2 hour window). I waited all day for the delivery. At 6:30 p.m. I called Lowe's dispatch to see where my order was. They put me on hold and after waiting several minutes, I heard a recording saying press 1 if you want to leave a review. OK, so I hang up and call back. The woman on the phone says you have reached the corporate office. I said I don't know how when I called the same exact number. She wouldn't offer to transfer or anything so I hung and dialed again. I get back to where I was.

The woman tells me her manager said my order didn't make it on the truck for delivery and that there were some items that were unavailable. I said, "so let me get this straight, I ordered 2 weeks ago and you guys wait until the 11th hour to tell me some items were unavailable?" I told her that I waited all day and not even receive a courtesy call to let me know my order didn't make it on the truck was totally unacceptable. I told her I wanted a discount and I wanted to be the first delivery on Sunday as I couldn't waste another day waiting and I wanted the manager, Christine, to call me back to confirm this. Two minutes after having hung up with her, I get an email stating that my payment didn't go through so the order could not be processed.

I call the customer service number provided in the email and speak to Jack. I advised him that they ran the payment on March 22nd and is pending in my bank account. He said that the bank was holding the funds for some reason and they needed to be released (he was saying maybe because of fraud). So I hang up with him and call my bank. The bank rep advised that Lowe's submitted the authorization for $595.14 on March 22nd and today they were submitting another payment for $543.

So instead of Christine just issuing us a $53 credit, she tried to process the full $543 amount and it wouldn't go through. The bank rep also stated that Lowe's would have to issue a cancellation of the $595.14 and then process the $543 or just process the credit of $53. So I call Lowe's customer service department back (now it's 7:40 p.m.) and spoke to a gentlemen who tells me that the authorization from March 22nd was cancelled at 7:39:29 tonight and that is why my order wasn't processed. I said, "You don't make sense."

My order was processed on March 22nd and was supposed to be delivered today between Noon and 4:00 p.m. And dispatch never once mentioned payment as an issue. They said it wasn't put on the truck for delivery. We decided to do a 3 way call with the bank to fix the issue. We waited for over 40 mins for a bank rep to answer our call but never did because now it's 8:30 p.m. and they closed at 8. The Lowe's rep made it sound like it was the Bank who cancelled the authorization when in fact the bank rep made it clear that Lowe's would have to submit a cancellation of the $595.14.

The Lowe's rep would not set up delivery or acknowledge that they screwed up. They are trying to make it seem like I didn't get my order because of my payment. I tried calling my local Lowe's to speak to a manager at 8:51 p.m. and they already had their "we're closed" recording on. Really? You close at 9:00 p.m. not 8:51 p.m. After I get this problem rectified, I will never step foot in their establishment again. I have overlooked a lot of their flaws but this won't be one of them.

Original review: March 25, 2018

0 stars. Shame on Lowe’s for using this terrible third party service for delivery of appliances. I strongly do NOT recommend going to Lowe’s because of this. What do you need to know. That no one called the day before to tell us our timeline for delivery of new washer/dryer... That we had to track that info down. That we waited from 1:30-3: 30 pm (our timeline) on a Saturday and no one showed or even called?

That we called “dispatch” to find out where they might be and was told there was “an issue with a truck”? That they would be here within the hour? And that it is now 6:00 pm and no one is here? That we never received any call so that we could GET ON WITH OUR LIVES and decide perhaps we should reschedule? That they finally called and can’t find us because they can’t get it together with a friggin’ map and so my husband has to go find them and lead them to our (easily gotten to) house?... I’m so mad. I will never do business with Lowe’s again. Strongly advise with this warning. I wish I had done better research.

Original review: March 24, 2018

Do not buy the extended warranties. They do not stand behind them with so many little stipulations that are retarded. The knobs to control the stove are not covered under extended warranty and they are trying charge you $120 for a piece of plastic. So there was absolutely no point in buying the extended warranty. It was a waste of money. It would have been more satisfied and burning it.

Original review: March 24, 2018

On March 22, 2018, I was returning an outlet plate, as it was not what I needed. I said I couldn't find the exact match. Carmen ** said he would take a look for me, as he thought Lowe's carried what I was looking for. He found it right away. Also, it was plastic which I wanted. Perfect. He needs to be recognized as an Outstanding Employee!!! Also, earlier in the week I purchased several outlet covers, which were metal as I couldn't find the plastic ones! Spent more than I needed to. I really should have asked for assistance. Carmen ** is the Employee of the March 22, 2018 day! Thank you and I love shopping at my Lowe's #**.

Original review: March 23, 2018

I went to a couple of local Lowe’s stores try to purchase and get indoor outdoor carpet installed in an enclosed patio. I got to store at 4pm this particular evening and finally got out of the store at about 7pm, because the employee wasn’t told about a change to the computer system. Ok, a week later I get the estimate, the individual tells me that the store would call me. Another week past no call. I just happen to stop by to pick up something. I decided check on the carpet. The employee said he could not find my order, probably because he was concerned that he didn’t have lunch yet. So I told him to call me when he finds it. Another week passed, so I called to talked to a store manager. The employee calls me back moments later and said, they could installed the carpet because the heat wasn’t installed yet, and he could not tell me the cost to have the carpet.

Lowe’s problem is that them hire minimum rate and part time employees that don’t only care about getting a check. This is just one situation at this store. I could read a book about the problems I have had with this store and I have only been here since January 2018. I cringe when I have go there be but if I’m on the other side of town I try the go to Home Depot and get what I think I might need. The store I’m talking about is located on Ramsey St in Fayetteville NC. I guess I am spoiled because of the great service and the very competent in Northern Virginia stores. Needless to say Lowe’s didn’t get the job, I got the carpet install by Empire in two days.

Original review: March 23, 2018

What a HORRIBLE experience I had today during the delivery process on 3/22. I placed an order online on 3/19 and was scheduled to deliver on 3/21 from 11:30-1 pm. My tenant took the day off for the delivery, waited until 1 pm, no one called or texted. Then she called the customer service to check the status of the delivery. Then she was told they can't reach out the driver, but should be there by 3 pm. Waited until 4 pm, still no one showed up, she called again, was informed that the manager will contact her soon. By 5 pm, she still didn't receive a single word. I have to reschedule for another delivery. I was informed the delivery will be from 10:30-12:30 on 3/22 and will call or text me 30 minutes in advance. I received a call at 9:40 am, and was told will be there within 5 minutes, fortunately I managed to be in the house by 10:10 (I was told by the driver that he will leave by 10:10) even it is much earlier than I was informed and expected.

Then I was instructed to remove the front door by myself for an easy evacuation without any measurement and any help. I asked him is there a blanket or cardboard to be wrapped the refrigerator when they are moving the item in, then the driver asked me to sign the yellow paper and told me that he will not be responsible for any scratches. The two gentleman watched me took the heavy door off, moved to the other side for more space to pass. Afterwards, they went upstairs and told me to unscrewed a small piece from the door, I quickly did again by myself.

When I finished, I went downstairs to tell them is ready to go. At this moment, the truck driver has already left the house without a single word by NO DELIVERY, I looked at the empty space in the driveway with some snow on it, totally shocked. I am wondering what kind of professional service is that??? It is the worst service I never ever had!!! Very unprofessional, VERY DISAPPOINTED, VERY RUDE! Totally wasted our two days on this matter, I regret to make this purchase from Lowe's!

Original review: March 22, 2018

Mr. Steven ** and Keith ** are what customer service are all about. We come to this location regularly and purchase most of our products when we are renovating, this was the first time that we had purchased appliances at Lowe’s and the price and customer service that we received from Mr. ** was phenomenal. Mr. ** is a straight shooter and honest, knows his products extremely well and when there was a issue with the delivery he went to get the store manager (Mr. **). He took a decision on the spot... These 2 human beings are the epitome of "customer service". Corporations should reward employees like this accordingly. Any chance I have I always promote this Lowe’s location and these 2 fine employees.

Original review: March 22, 2018

I had a scheduled refrigerator delivery today. The delivery guys did not have ruler to make the measurement to ensure that they can move in. They asked me to take the front door off and I did. Guess what? When I went downstairs (after disassembling the door) and looked for them and their truck was gone (I was not told either). These truck drivers are rude and unprofessional. Next time, when you think about ordering appliance from Lowe's. Please think twice!

UPDATE on 3/28/2018: I wasted 2 days to deal with the refrigerator delivery issue with Lowe's. I escalated the issue to Customer Service and I was told that I should be expecting 2 calls from Lowe's about the issue and delivery schedule. Since then, I never got any calls from them. The refrigerator was not wrapped at the time of delivery with dent and stains here and there. I was told by delivery personnel that Lowe's was aware of that. I ordered the item in brand new item not a returned item!!! Where is Lowes's Customer Service? Should I report the defective items to them? Are they going to do anything about it? This will be the last item I will order from Lowe's.

Original review: March 21, 2018

Yesterday I visited my local Lowe’s armed with appliance dimensions from the contractor redoing my entire kitchen in my house that suffered a catastrophic loss. I was ready to purchase all the appliances for my new kitchen. The first gentleman who approached me suggested I find the refrigerator I liked and he then referred me to two of his associates who would provide me with information on the whole suite of accompanying products to match: double oven, gas cooktop, over-cooktop-vented microwave and a dishwasher. I found two large refrigerators that would fit my space and budget and then spent 30 minutes looking/waiting for a sales associate (the appliance area isn't that big).

Two employees not on the clock paged a young female associate who had seen me earlier in the dishwasher section. When I asked for her help to print the specs and pricing on the suite of products she told me she wasn't sure the printer had enough paper. However, she kindly provided me with the model numbers of the two refrigerators I selected and suggested I print the suite of products at home. I really like Lowe’s but this experience left me perplexed about the work ethic of this individual and is it indicative of future generations? Not sure where I will buy my appliances.

Original review: March 21, 2018

So I was in your store last Thursday shopping okay. Granted I probably look like a homeless junkie all right 'cause I know I was in desperate need of a haircut and shave but I certainly had money and I bought everything that I took you know that I picked up in that store okay. I asked questions. I thought I was being friendly with the employees which I was returned with rudeness and more less Corral and pushed out of the plumbing store. When I asked to put it on Nan Vestal account so that I can receive my 10% military discount that account the lady just looked at me like I was stupid. Didn't say a word.

I will never shop at your store again. Just so you know I spent over $400 at three different hardware store and attempt to avoid going to your store. I am suggesting to all my family members and friends not to go to your store. Also by the way at first I thought it might have been closer to closing time but other patrons were walking in the store and I noticed it was only about 8:30 so I'm not sure what time you close I'm but I'm pretty sure I have plenty of time to shop okay and if I didn't like this ** knife I bought there so much I'd ** in one of your ** 'cause it's the only thing I didn't need that I bought.

Original review: March 21, 2018

Lowe's Has Damaged my roof, cracked my front walk, covered my car in stones, and caused water damage in my home from roof leaks and has even failed city inspections and I currently have an open permit on my home. I signed my first contract with them on August 2, 2017. It is now March 21st 2018. I paid Lowe's in full and their subcontractor placed a lien on my home because Lowe's did not pay them because of their failure to install the roof in a good workmanlike manner. The subcontractor exaggerated the lien a committed a 3rd degree felony. (And all of that just scratches the surface). I have been on News Channel 9 wftv/abc. This company is hurting hundreds if not thousands of people they need to be stopped and held accountable.

Lowe's Home Improvement Company Information