toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We were going from Florida to New Jersey and Long Distance Van Lines provided stress-free and timely service. The lady I spoke with was very helpful and acceptable which was nice. They also called when I needed follow-up questions answered. There was some confusion establishing a delivery date for the move which may have been my fault, but everything worked out fine so it was no big deal. The delivery crew was awesome. They were very thorough and did a great job.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I needed to move from one state to another for a job. I typed in something on the website about needing a mover and Long Distance Van Lines was the first one that called me. I used them and my experience with them was super. They gave me full service. I would recommend them.

There is nothing half as delightful as getting real value for your money. With it comes a sense of contentment and fulfilment. You feel like coming back again. I had that similar experience when I recently involved Long Distance Van Lines in my relocations. They came knowing how much I valued perfection and kept that mentality all through. By keeping the relocations flawless and timely, they succeeded their objective of not upsetting me during the relocation. I was so happy when they were done.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I moved my entire household from Sarasota, Florida to Las Vegas, Nevada, and got Long Distance Van Lines for my move. I really appreciated the peace of mind they offered by being in good communication. They gave me a very accurate estimate and the sales team was very efficient, informative, and responsive to any questions, and they were always available. However, the moving team took apart a gallery basketball game that I have, even though I've moved that a number of times and had not taken it apart. But then when it arrived in Las Vegas, they didn't know how to put it back together. I've had it for quite a few years, but I don't have a manual, so I've been working with their customer service team on that since then and they've been excellent.

I really appreciated the move on both ends. It was a different team to pack up and to deliver, so I worked with two different teams and the movers on both ends were very consistent and clean. They arrived when they said they would, were quick and very respectful, and really seemed to know what they were doing. Nothing was damaged, and I was very happy with the experience. They were very reliable and dependable. I would definitely use them again in the future.

My family understands Long Distance Van Lines because we often hire them for our quite frequent moves. Long Distance Van Lines is based in various states including SC, NC, NJ, NY, AL, GA, FL and more. We have used them to move from several of the states they're based in and to my surprise, unlike other movers who normally gives a good move in one state and a terrible one when you use the same company in a different state, the experience with Long Distance Van Lines was the same oozing with quality work, affordability and punctuality. Wherever you are, if you have an opportunity to use Long Distance Van Lines, just do it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Long Distance Van Lines?

I like it when I am associated with Long Distance Van Lines. These movers are so considerate. They know how to carry out incredible relocation services. Even more, they can always be trusted to deliver amazing relocations. Two weeks ago, I went through peaceful relocations. I am thankful to their considerate team for ensuring that.

The happiness in my heart knows no bounds. I was able to move the same way I wanted. The relocation services offered were out of the ordinary. I appreciate the fact that the movers were careful enough to ensure nothing wrong happened during the relocation. It was all perfect, and I appreciate.

My family’s relocation from August, GA to North Las Vegas, Nevada, was somewhat complicated because we had to pick furniture and other household goods in three different places before moving to one family house. I just have to thank Long Distance Van Lines as they were superb in every way. They handled everything like pros and were in complete control of the process. The movers were very motivated, which made things very easy. Thanks guys.

Truly brilliant. I had such a nice time relocating from Cleveland to Portland. The relocation experts carried out fantastic serviced worth appreciating. I am so glad that there was tranquillity throughout the relocation. The movers did a job worth appreciating. I am glad for everything.

I embarked on a search for a capable mover to handle my relocation from Hoboken to Tampa, FL. I needed to use the best service I could particularly because my previous experience with a mover left so much to be desired. I asked my friends and my colleagues at the workplace for recommendations. When two people separately recommended Long Distance Van Lines, I knew they were the right guys. As it turned out, they didn’t let me down, and that’s why I am recommending to everyone else. They did the job without any fuss and honored the set timelines, and it was a job well done.

Long Distance Van Lines were recommended to me by a friend who had previously used them and I really thank her because my move became so much easy with this company. Theirs is a professional, trustworthy and careful service. The company treated me like royalty and handled my things so gingerly. Long Distance Van Lines employees are very knowledgeable and insightful. Everything was brought in perfect condition and their service was so moving, pun intended of course!

Let us put an end to the average movers by using the excellent services of Long Distance Van Lines. The movers from Long Distance Van Lines did a marvelous job on my move from Cary, NC to Macon, GA. The guys who did the unloading were different from the ones who did the packing and loading. Interestingly, they exuded the same efficiency and care for my things. I later learned that Long Distance Van Lines are also based in Georgia, and from what I saw, the company is great at either end. I highly recommend Long Distance Van Lines to everyone in North Carolina and Georgia and I will of course continue using Long Distance Van Lines for all my transportation needs.

The Long Distance Van Lines guys were pleasant and efficient at the same time. They showed up when they said they would, their price was really good, and they took great care of my things. What else could I have asked for?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The purchase process was really smooth. I called them about a week ago and they said, "Oh we are on the process of scheduling your stuff and we will call you back." And then I have to wait a few days. The crew was very good. But I was a little bit unprepared for some of the extra costs like long distance carry for extra space. It would be great if the delivery could be a little bit earlier. And it would also be better if the difference between the quote and the actual final balance is not much different.

Factual basis uncertain

I am a real customer. This company (previously known as North Eastern Moving and Storage) lacks accountability. I moved from PA to CA 6/19/15 - 7/4/16. Ask for three referrals and speak to them directly before deciding on this or any moving company. I also suggest other websites such as: Mymovingreviews.com, bbb.org and Yelp.com so you can get a complete pictures of this moving company.

The initial price for a 4 bedroom house went from about $10,000 to a total of $18,006.70. I was told a +/- 5% difference in cost, but this was way off. The initial moving truck was too small, so they said another truck would come the next day. (Nobody ever showed up without explanation.) We politely asked the moving crew to remove the front door due to large furniture, but they said it would be ok. The door was damaged and the new owner of the house requested all three doors be replaced in order for us to sell the house. The 2nd moving truck finally came and damaged the driveway asphalt by going in reverse up our steep driveway.

At the delivery house, the movers did not say they were obligated to re-assemble furniture even though I paid for basic reassembly. I did not expect any telephone customer service on the 4th of July delivery day. When unpacking, there was a box with a knife pointing upwards! This box #120 which was packed by the packing company and can be verified by the delivery crew that were in shock to see this. This knife was not packed with any other knives and not even covered? I have young children and just this makes Long Distance Van Lines service unacceptable and dangerous.

Also when unpacking, a women's hairdryer and purse was missing. We quadruple checked everything to make sure we were not missing something. We remember a man packing the master bedroom carried a personal backpack with him all moving day, so yes I am suggesting the personal items may have been stolen. I don't expect perfection, but there were too many mistakes. I am in the process of expecting reimbursement for their comprehensive damage. I will defend my name and reputation. Will Long Distance Van Lines do the same?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I looked at a couple of moving companies and Long Distance Van Lines' quote was pretty reasonable. Also, there weren't many companies that were willing or able to deliver out to Wyoming. The crew that picked up my stuff was pretty solid. There were three of them and they did a really good job. The crew that ended up doing the last leg of it and actually moving stuff in was only one person, which was probably not ideal given it was a full house worth of stuff and some bigger equipment. That was the only thing that was a little off. But the pick-up and the delivery were within the windows that they told me before. They also contacted me before coming to pick-up and to drop-off.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I went online to look at options for a move from Pennsylvania to Maryland. For some reason, Long Distance Van Lines came up higher rated than some of the others so I chose their services. I packed everything up, they just had to protect the furniture and move it out to the van. Upon arrival I also unpacked and did everything. The men that came did an excellent job of packing, wrapping, protecting, moving out, and getting me in my apartment all in the same day. The only issue was they were to come around between 11 and 1 in the middle of the day, but they didn't come until 4 o'clock. It may be the fault of the company rather than the guys per se, but that meant we didn't get to the new location until 9 o'clock at night. Luckily the leasing agent came back to work to give me the key to the apartment. They drove down and they unpacked, and it was 11 o'clock at night when we got done. Still, they did their part and I thought they did a great job.

Also, I didn't understand that the move date was possibly over one or two days. I thought it was a choice and that the move date would be known. I chose Friday and then I hadn't heard from them. They said they would call just before the move to square everything away. But they said they can't do it on Friday so I had to move on a Saturday. I took off work to do all these. Friday, I went back to Pennsylvania to be there and get it all ready. Then I sat around all day until Saturday expecting their arrival, but they were late.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was relocating state to state around 600-700 miles away for job-related reasons, and the customer service department of Long Distance Van Lines was very prompt and responsive during the scheduling of the move. It's not a big issue, but the sales team should have better coordination with the delivery team. I don't think both sides had the same set of information about my move so it caused them a bit of confusion.

I was moving from Charleston, South Carolina up to the Phoenix area, looked online to see what moving companies were out there, and called up a few of them. One of them, Long Distance Van Lines, kept in constant contact with me. They were persistent, but not overbearing. I know that they wanted to sell their service, but the other ones that I called have called a couple of times, and then I was still undecided, so consequently I never called them back. After talking to a number of the reps, I made a decision to go with Long Distance. It was a very good decision. Of course, price has something to do with it. They were not the cheapest but they were not the most expensive by a long shot.

This was my first experience in moving in a long time. I spent 30 years in the military and even though I had a lot of moves, the military moved me. The moving experiences were mostly good and some not so good, but that was in the military. With this move using Long Distance, I was extremely happy and highly pleased. They packed everything up and even though I was there, I couldn't be in all the rooms, which ended up being fine because when the household goods got here, everything checked out. They said that they packed an X number of items, and I had packed an X number, but I must have somehow missed a couple of items because I went back and looked, and there they were.

What I expected as a consumer is what I got. The people were outstanding, nice, and good. Long Distance said there would be four persons, and there were four. They were careful, and I made sure of that. The things that were supposed to be set up were set up. The only problem was, they were about two hours late picking up, but it took them a lot less than I thought it would to unload my things, and they finished when they said they would.

I got Long Distance Van Lines' full service for my move from Georgia to West Virginia and it was an excellent experience. My experience with their customer service team was excellent as well. They were helpful. They tried to match the day and time that I wanted but it was a busy season so they couldn't do it. Their moving team was also friendly and efficient. I would do it again with them.

I found an article rating Long Distance Van Lines as one of the top 10 of 2016 moving companies. I looked at their ratings and asked them for a quote, and they had the best price. I chose their basic move option for my move from D.C. to Pittsburgh, which was three hours away. The sales team was fantastic, easy to communicate and talk with, and very responsive. The customer service people were friendly and informative. The moving crew worked quickly and got everything done in a timely manner.

It was the first move that I’ve been a part of personally. They were late on the delivery date. Originally, they told me via phone that they imagine that the delivery would be the very next day, however, it was two days after what they anticipated. The day that they showed up at our house to move, they said that they could deliver it the very next day, but unfortunately, I don’t even have the keys to my new place and I was still working that day so we couldn’t do it. I don’t know if that affected it. Perhaps they were trying to take in another moving thing. My original plan was for it to be there Saturday and then they changed it to Sunday, late in the day. They were in the last half-hour of their window, which then took hours after to complete. It complicated things based on what they communicated to me and I wasn’t anticipating that.

Also, we haven’t submitted our claim form for damages of which there were a few things. I was disappointed because we got the basic package so we packed most of our stuff and they damaged about half of the few items that we asked them to pack. I haven’t gone through the process of reimbursement and I don’t know how well they’ll handle that. I was explaining the items that were damaged to them, and they were surprised that there were many items that were damaged. It’s out of the ordinary to have that many damages for the package that we ordered. Other than those, I'm satisfied with them.

I got a new job and I needed to move. A friend of mine gave me the number of Long Distance Van Lines. Their reps were very professional and the moving crew was very efficient. The whole experience so far has been pleasant.

I can explain how frustrating a move can be but add two homes to move! This move could have been a nightmare... But with Long Distance Van Lines it was a breeze! The staff from the rep detailing every step of the way to the last mover walking out our door! What a fantastic experience! 10 star rating they get!

We did our homework using this site and others and narrowed our selection down to three companies including Long Distance Van Lines. I was contacted right away by Roy **, Senior Moving Specialist. We made arrangements to talk this afternoon. He made the assumption that the call was to actually make the reservation. When I clarified that I was just seeking a quote, Roy said, "Good luck finding a better price than us." When I said "Pardon me," he repeated himself in the same condescending tone and quoted $3,200 for a one bedroom condo. We are keeping the condo furnished and do not have much to move and we would have been flexible on the move time. Essentially he rudely and abruptly demanded information and tried to pressure me into a decision on the spot. My significant other's company is paying our relocation expenses, but I would rather do it myself than to deal with Long Distance Van Lines.

Factual basis uncertain

Never moved before, never used a moving company but there is always a first time even if the experience is not quite the best. We moved from Missouri to Ohio and chose the company that has some of the best reviews and prices. Is not like I we have really precious belongings but wanted to have everything smooth and well organized. Unfortunately it wasn't the case. They were really polite, the quote seemed promising but after deposit there always was something new about the dates, the price, the delivery time. I just feel like I have moved every piece of my furniture by myself. I had to stay on the phone with them almost 24/7 to make sure that they will be there on time, they weren't. As I was told over the phone "Really sorry but it is only one day delay", no big deal for them. Maybe I was unlucky or they don't care, one thing is sure, not going back to them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We were moving 2,000 miles and got Long Distance Van Lines. Their sales team and I had a really good working relationship. Plus, scheduling the move went smoothly. The crew at Long Distance Van Lines was excellent. As a matter of fact, I liked them because we were moving two houses out to New Mexico from the East Coast. The second house was our final move and I got the same crew and the same truck driver. They were outstanding and friendly. It was a very positive experience.

Factual basis uncertain

My wife and I have used moving services over 7 times in the last 10 years. Long distance labor force performed well. However their claims resolution process has failed on multiple fronts. I was overcharged by $1,682 and was due a refund as agreed upon by LDVL management. over the past 3 months they have led me on and refused to send me the appropriate arbitration forms.

While in the moving process at 9:00 p.m. at night the movers forced me to sign an added charge or they stated that all my property that was in their truck was going to be driven away and unpack into a local storage unless I signed. Of course at 9:00 pm at night I had no options for resolving with the office staff. Multiple times throughout the move process the labor force would halt the move process and inform me that I owed them an additional payment (cash) for items that were explicitly covered in my contract. I would recommend any other moving company but this one.

Factual basis uncertain

This moving company is a nightmare come true! Where do I begin... First they lowball the price to hook you in then the price doubles after your belongings are on the truck. Then they lie about how it will be transported and fail to tell you your things will be loaded on their truck to only be unloaded at their unsecure warehouse in a high crime area. Then your possessions will be reloaded on another truck. If you're lucky you will see your things again! Half of all our belongings were stolen, the other half was rummaged through, walked on, and put back in our boxes - retaped of course. True invasion! They also decided to keep this information from us for twelve days! I guess they don't feel that protecting your identity is important. And with all this there was not even an apology! I will do my best to let as many people as possible know not to trust them! I would not wish this on anyone.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I looked up moving companies on the internet and Long Distance was one of the companies that sounded and looked good, so I went with them. The sales team was very good. They would call back and I would call when I had questions. I was very happy with the service and the people that worked there that I talked with on the phone. I was also very pleased with the people that came to the house in the beginning and packed everything. I liked the way they did it and the way they treated me. Plus, nothing was broken.

However, I was getting calls from Brooklyn, then there was something from New Jersey or Maryland, and then there was somebody from Fort Lauderdale. So all of these different places after a while became slightly confusing. But what bothered me from the beginning was that nobody was there at the house. In the past, I’ve had somebody from the company come out to the house and check everything. I had to give all these different descriptions. Also, we weren’t sure if all of the boxes were there. We had many boxes, and because everything was transferred more than once to another truck. But overall, I would use Long Distance again if I were going somewhere. On my part though, I would make up a list ahead of time and use different markings. They’re writing down all of these numbers and it’s always hard to make them out when I'm having to do that.

I was in doubt the first time I was seeking their service. I was not sure whether they were going to relocate me without troubles. Nevertheless, I took courage and sought their services. On the day of the relocation, I held my breath was praying and hoping all will be well. Ideally, all the relocation processes were perfect. This crew came and offered me diligent relocation services. The relocation services were safe and peaceful. I have never found an experience like this in my life. I salute Long Distance Van Lines for the perfect job and urge this crew to continue with their services.

Long Distance Van Lines Company Profile