toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

It is not that I have been convinced or enticed, but I want to be loyal to Long Distance Van Lines since they earned it. They handled my relocation professionally, making it their responsibility to ensure that I didn't lose anything during the move and that nothing was damaged. Did I mention that the rates were so favorable? You wouldn't believe that I was having a long distance relocation. And so in return, I will always use their services. I think that nobody who is planning to relocate should look anywhere else.

The way that Long Distance Van Lines do things, you can tell that they are experienced and that you are in the right hands. They will start with packing stuff in boxes and labeling them. Later, the boxes will be loaded into trucks carefully to avert any damage. Those that don't fit into the boxes will be well arranged in the trucks until they fit. I can attest to this since I used them to relocate to PA mid last month. Their different operation was crucial in ensuring that nothing was lost during the relocation and that not even one of them was damaged.

Convenience is one of the things that I look for in a mover if I have to use them for a long distance relocation. The inconvenience was cited as one of the main reasons of failed relocations online – I stumbled across that when researching on the ideal mover to use for my relocation to New York. After a while, I found Long Distance Van Lines who aimed at making the relocation for their clients as convenient as possible. Well, they did. They showed up early and didn't waste any time during the relocation. It was done promptly, and nothing was lost or damaged.

We obtained quotes from eight moving companies before choosing Long Distance Van Lines. Their quote was not the cheapest but it was the most detailed and their sales manager, Jay, explained all the charges so it was easy to understand. We had two movers (2-bedroom house), who got right to working and did not waste time chatting or sitting around like I've had with previous moves. There was a bit of damage to a wall when they were placing the sofa, though.

I hired Long Distance Van Lines to help me move from Illinois to Connecticut. It was very easy to make an estimate and inventory with Landan. He was very nice and made sure that all my questions were answered. On pick up day the movers came earlier than expected and helped us to pack our belongings. At our new place, they took time to make sure our furniture was just the way we wanted.

I had an excellent experience with Long Distance Van Lines. I hired them to move my 2-bedroom apt from Illinois to New Jersey and guys made whole process smooth and stress free. My movers Alex, Nick and Boris were very professional. They arrived on time, packed and loaded my belongings carefully. As a result no one piece of my furniture was broken, damaged or even scratched. Bravo guys! Thank you for your job!

I can confidently refer Long Distance Van Lines to anyone in need of great relocation. The process was smooth and free of errors. The relocation services were timely and efficient. The team was so careful to ensure the safety of my properties, right from the beginning. In the end, I was able to relocate safely, without any stress. I am so happy that Long Distance Relocation Services made it happen.

I chose Long Distance Van Lines after watching YouTube reviews. And I wasn't disappointment. Landan, the sales manager answered on all my questions and explained me different options, so I could choose optimal for me. All office staff were very helpful. Moving team came on time. Guys were quick and careful. While some of them were busy handling the packing, others were dealing with the loading. I would definitely use them again!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Long Distance Van Lines?

Factual basis uncertain

I accepted a $5,402 binding estimate based on a detailed inventory of my 2-BR apartment. Since then I have been hit with multiple extras including a $1000 "estimate other charges" which was not anticipated or explained, and $209 charge for "wardrobe boxes" when I did not purchase or utilize any from them. This company is now holding my furniture hostage for $10,664!! I am beside myself - it is unconscionable that a binding estimate would be DOUBLED based on the accurate information that was provided. I found Long Distance Van Lines directly through Consumer Affairs - PLEASE help me resolve this!

Now I know that Long Distance Van Lines is the best movers. I used them for my relocation from Maryland to Mississippi. The estimate was accurate, prices were very reasonable. The movers Nick and Andrew were fast and efficient - all our stuff was handled with care and I was impressed by that. More importantly, it all arrived safe and sound and on time. That is too impressive to ignore. Thanks so much.

Where to start. First, they told me they owned all their own moving trucks/vans which were a lie. They just pay a third party to deliver. Second, they quoted me for a particular price, loaded up all my stuff and charged me twice as much as there was "more than expected". Come to find out that is actually illegal. After moving my stuff, they just so happen to "lose" an expensive toolbox that contained all sorts of custom tools I had accumulated throughout the years. Then pretty much all my furniture was either broken, damaged, or dented in some way. Legs of chairs and couches were broke and even my washer and dryer had bad dents on top of it probably because they stacked stuff on top of them without regard.

After all that, they refused for actually pay me for the toolbox even though they had proof it was missing and I got ZERO for any damages because I didn't have the original receipts. For whatever reason, they needed original receipts even though they specifically claim to pay by weight. Also, the "pay for weight" thing is a scam. If they break a leg on your solid table guess what, they just pay for that leg and you might get a dollar for it (60 cents per pound). Maybe. They simply don't care about you or your stuff and the condition it arrives in. Customer service was horrible and come to find out, the lady wasn't even really using her real name (talking to you "Paula").

Long Distance Van Lines made it happen. The team ensured relocating to Jackson, MS was not a nightmare, as many would have imagined. The relocation services were smooth and enjoyable. Even more, the movers ensured that the whole process was quick enough. Impressive Indeed. I thank you for everything.

You will be mistaken for thinking that Long Distance Van Lines are like the typical mover you know. These guys are different. They make your relocation memorable by being friendly. You would even forget you are moving. I talk from experience having used them to relocate to Iowa on the 21st of last month. I expected a standard relocation, but they gave me more. They showed interest in making my relocation successful and handled my stuff carefully to avert damages. When you use them, you will understand.

Insufficient response received

I recently moved from Chicago to Walnut Creek, CA and I decided to go with Long Distance because of the "great quote" they gave me and "great reviews". The day of the pick up another company comes to pick up my stuff, Best Price. I was expecting Long Distance to be the ones moving my stuff since I made my contract with them, but no that was not the case. Everything went fine during the pick up of my stuff since I had everything ready and packed for them. They took my stuff and I made sure I have each of my boxes labelled with my new home address to make sure there's no confusion or anything, but apparently that wasn't enough.

When they dropped off, first of all they didn't drop off when they said they were going to. My husband was waiting for them for more than three hours since the moment they called saying they would be there. I had to get on the phone and try to figure out what happened and when I finally got with someone they said that their "truck broke down" and that they will drop off my stuff first thing the next morning. Again, that did not happened and were late at dropping off. My husband received all my stuff and when I flew in to the city 4 days later of the drop off, I noticed I was missing one box. I opened all of them and were missing my most valuable items. Now I don't want to believe that this company has employees that are taking stuff, but after a whole month without getting any information about my box, no one doing anything about my box after thousands of calls I had to do, I surely believe that they do steal your stuff!

It's so disappointing even with management because they seem to not care about it. Oh and be careful, make sure you purchase the full cover insurance policy because if anything happens to your stuff they will only pay you .69 cents per pound!!! Ridiculous! And they don't tell you that when you are making the contract! They say you are covered for up to $10,000 but you're really not! What I had in my box did not weigh more than 100lbs and it had tons of valuable items in there (jewelry, brand new perfumes, make up, souvenirs from my Europe trip, and that's some to mention), obviously is worth more than that they can ever repay me. I don't recommend this company at all!! So save yourself the stress, time and money and don't fall for the good reviews they have because that's how they got to me.

Factual basis uncertain

This is not a review of the drivers or movers, but of the company itself. The movers have been great. I feel like I was told exactly what I wanted to hear by the relocation specialist so they could get the sale. I was repeatedly given misinformation and am extremely unhappy with my experience. First, "Jordan" told me that based on my inventory, I could "easily fit 15-20 more microwaves" into the truck and that we were WELL UNDER weight/size. We added more inventory based on this assessment and ended up being charged an additional $1300. They did indicate they would reimburse me $200, but the estimate was still WAY off.

Second, during our initial discussion when I told Jordan I was considering using PODS because of their delivery guarantee, he told me there would be no problem getting our belongings to us by March 1 or March 2 after being picked up on February 20. We based what we brought with us on this claim. It is now March 3 and I was just told it would be an additional six days before our belongings arrived. The truck didn't even leave Chicago until the 2nd. In the meantime, we have had to buy dishes, cups, pots and pans and flatware so that we can feed ourselves. This is an ADDITIONAL unexpected expense based on poor customer service and shady sales tactics.

If I had been given more accurate information and not just been told what I wanted to hear to get the sale, I would have used PODS. It would have cost slightly more but I would have my belongings now. Do not use this company if you are on a budget or need your belongings within a specific time frame. They are not reliable for this. I was also told on two occasions that the driver would call me that day or within an hour and did not receive a call. Maybe my move is just a fluke, because most other people seem happy with their experience. However, based on my experience, I do not recommend this moving company.

Factual basis uncertain

I was moving from Florida to North Carolina for work and Long Distance Van Lines worked with me to find a date and a time that matched my needs. Their moving was not that bad, but they did another estimate for the home and I ended up paying a lot more than what I had agreed with them before.

Just so I was sure that I was using the right mover, I have a suitability checks for each of the few I had shortlisted. It had been about a week of research which my wife assigned before our relocation to Tennessee. While the other movers did not make after the first few checks, one of them Long Distance Van Lines was outstanding basing my arguments on the reviews and experience. I was certain that I had done my job properly since I couldn't want to be blamed for anything. I wasn't wrong. Those guys proved me right. They executed the relocation swiftly and carefully. Nothing was damaged or lost, and I took all the credit.

I used to think that it was a common thing to be stress when your property is in transit during a long distance relocation. It sounds human, right? But I came to realize that if you have an ideal and experienced mover taking control of your relocation, you have no reason to be stressed. I used Long Distance Van Lines to relocate to Wisconsin, and their experience made me relaxed and sure that I was dealing with the best. Every last one of my property was delivered to the destination safely and in good shape. I guess it is time you also had a stress-free relocation.

Our experience with Long Distance Van Lines was a very positive. It took 30 minutes to book and schedule our relocation. The mover made a great job. They arrived early, packed and wrapped all my things very quickly and carefully. Delivered everything on our new place without any damages. I totally recommend Long Distance Van Lines.

I like it when I am associated with Long Distance Van Lines. These movers are so considerate. They know how to carry out incredible relocation services. Even more, they can always be trusted to deliver amazing relocations. Two weeks ago, I went through peaceful relocations. I am thankful to their considerate team for ensuring that.

I had to move the contents of an entire house interstate from the Baltimore, Maryland area to Greenville, South Carolina, and it took up three 30-foot box trucks so trying to move that on my own would have been a bit much. After doing a fair amount of research, mostly using the internet, I discovered Long Distance Van Lines, out of a variety of resources that I found, came with higher ratings.

The sales team was something that was a little bit intermittent. The original salesperson I had spoken with ended up leaving the company. It was none of my business but I know that he was no longer employed there about between the time when I had contacted, gotten a quote and in the process of finalizing things within maybe a week before the final move itself. It was hit or miss meaning the folks there stepped in. As far as I was concerned, they were helpful with providing additional information and making adjustments and corrections to some things that were missed by the salesperson who I was initially in contact with. Then, the moving crew was quite energetic young men and there was one lead who oversaw all the men involved in packing up and moving things. They were very friendly, very personable and the language barrier was somewhat easy to deal with.

But I had stuff that was in storage that I had put there and protected it, and they insisted for liability and insurance reasons that they had to undo how things were packaged originally, which pushed the cost up more and more which wasn't part of the terms with things. The frustrating point is that I paid so much more for them to undo what I had done and re-packaged it yet somehow, I ended up having a lot of damaged items and in some instances, a number of things broke because of the way they packed, stored and moved it. So that was something I have to talk to Long Distance movers about. But for them to get the kind of ratings that they did and the volume of people that reported these good ratings, it's pretty clear to me that they have a good reputation. It's just that I may have gotten a team that wasn't necessarily one of the top-notch to deal with.

The happiness in my heart knows no bounds. I was able to move the same way I wanted. The relocation services offered were out of the ordinary. I appreciate the fact that the movers were careful enough to ensure nothing wrong happened during the relocation. It was all perfect, and I appreciate.

My family’s relocation from August, GA to North Las Vegas, Nevada, was somewhat complicated because we had to pick furniture and other household goods in three different places before moving to one family house. I just have to thank Long Distance Van Lines as they were superb in every way. They handled everything like pros and were in complete control of the process. The movers were very motivated, which made things very easy. Thanks guys.

Truly brilliant. I had such a nice time relocating from Cleveland to Portland. The relocation experts carried out fantastic serviced worth appreciating. I am so glad that there was tranquillity throughout the relocation. The movers did a job worth appreciating. I am glad for everything.

I embarked on a search for a capable mover to handle my relocation from Hoboken to Tampa, FL. I needed to use the best service I could particularly because my previous experience with a mover left so much to be desired. I asked my friends and my colleagues at the workplace for recommendations. When two people separately recommended Long Distance Van Lines, I knew they were the right guys. As it turned out, they didn’t let me down, and that’s why I am recommending to everyone else. They did the job without any fuss and honored the set timelines, and it was a job well done.

Long Distance Van Lines were recommended to me by a friend who had previously used them and I really thank her because my move became so much easy with this company. Theirs is a professional, trustworthy and careful service. The company treated me like royalty and handled my things so gingerly. Long Distance Van Lines employees are very knowledgeable and insightful. Everything was brought in perfect condition and their service was so moving, pun intended of course!

Let us put an end to the average movers by using the excellent services of Long Distance Van Lines. The movers from Long Distance Van Lines did a marvelous job on my move from Cary, NC to Macon, GA. The guys who did the unloading were different from the ones who did the packing and loading. Interestingly, they exuded the same efficiency and care for my things. I later learned that Long Distance Van Lines are also based in Georgia, and from what I saw, the company is great at either end. I highly recommend Long Distance Van Lines to everyone in North Carolina and Georgia and I will of course continue using Long Distance Van Lines for all my transportation needs.

The Long Distance Van Lines guys were pleasant and efficient at the same time. They showed up when they said they would, their price was really good, and they took great care of my things. What else could I have asked for?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The purchase process was really smooth. I called them about a week ago and they said, "Oh we are on the process of scheduling your stuff and we will call you back." And then I have to wait a few days. The crew was very good. But I was a little bit unprepared for some of the extra costs like long distance carry for extra space. It would be great if the delivery could be a little bit earlier. And it would also be better if the difference between the quote and the actual final balance is not much different.

Factual basis uncertain

I am a real customer. This company (previously known as North Eastern Moving and Storage) lacks accountability. I moved from PA to CA 6/19/15 - 7/4/16. Ask for three referrals and speak to them directly before deciding on this or any moving company. I also suggest other websites such as: Mymovingreviews.com, bbb.org and Yelp.com so you can get a complete pictures of this moving company.

The initial price for a 4 bedroom house went from about $10,000 to a total of $18,006.70. I was told a +/- 5% difference in cost, but this was way off. The initial moving truck was too small, so they said another truck would come the next day. (Nobody ever showed up without explanation.) We politely asked the moving crew to remove the front door due to large furniture, but they said it would be ok. The door was damaged and the new owner of the house requested all three doors be replaced in order for us to sell the house. The 2nd moving truck finally came and damaged the driveway asphalt by going in reverse up our steep driveway.

At the delivery house, the movers did not say they were obligated to re-assemble furniture even though I paid for basic reassembly. I did not expect any telephone customer service on the 4th of July delivery day. When unpacking, there was a box with a knife pointing upwards! This box #120 which was packed by the packing company and can be verified by the delivery crew that were in shock to see this. This knife was not packed with any other knives and not even covered? I have young children and just this makes Long Distance Van Lines service unacceptable and dangerous.

Also when unpacking, a women's hairdryer and purse was missing. We quadruple checked everything to make sure we were not missing something. We remember a man packing the master bedroom carried a personal backpack with him all moving day, so yes I am suggesting the personal items may have been stolen. I don't expect perfection, but there were too many mistakes. I am in the process of expecting reimbursement for their comprehensive damage. I will defend my name and reputation. Will Long Distance Van Lines do the same?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I looked at a couple of moving companies and Long Distance Van Lines' quote was pretty reasonable. Also, there weren't many companies that were willing or able to deliver out to Wyoming. The crew that picked up my stuff was pretty solid. There were three of them and they did a really good job. The crew that ended up doing the last leg of it and actually moving stuff in was only one person, which was probably not ideal given it was a full house worth of stuff and some bigger equipment. That was the only thing that was a little off. But the pick-up and the delivery were within the windows that they told me before. They also contacted me before coming to pick-up and to drop-off.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I went online to look at options for a move from Pennsylvania to Maryland. For some reason, Long Distance Van Lines came up higher rated than some of the others so I chose their services. I packed everything up, they just had to protect the furniture and move it out to the van. Upon arrival I also unpacked and did everything. The men that came did an excellent job of packing, wrapping, protecting, moving out, and getting me in my apartment all in the same day. The only issue was they were to come around between 11 and 1 in the middle of the day, but they didn't come until 4 o'clock. It may be the fault of the company rather than the guys per se, but that meant we didn't get to the new location until 9 o'clock at night. Luckily the leasing agent came back to work to give me the key to the apartment. They drove down and they unpacked, and it was 11 o'clock at night when we got done. Still, they did their part and I thought they did a great job.

Also, I didn't understand that the move date was possibly over one or two days. I thought it was a choice and that the move date would be known. I chose Friday and then I hadn't heard from them. They said they would call just before the move to square everything away. But they said they can't do it on Friday so I had to move on a Saturday. I took off work to do all these. Friday, I went back to Pennsylvania to be there and get it all ready. Then I sat around all day until Saturday expecting their arrival, but they were late.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was relocating state to state around 600-700 miles away for job-related reasons, and the customer service department of Long Distance Van Lines was very prompt and responsive during the scheduling of the move. It's not a big issue, but the sales team should have better coordination with the delivery team. I don't think both sides had the same set of information about my move so it caused them a bit of confusion.

Long Distance Van Lines Company Profile