toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We were going from Florida to New Jersey and Long Distance Van Lines provided stress-free and timely service. The lady I spoke with was very helpful and acceptable which was nice. They also called when I needed follow-up questions answered. There was some confusion establishing a delivery date for the move which may have been my fault, but everything worked out fine so it was no big deal. The delivery crew was awesome. They were very thorough and did a great job.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I needed to move from one state to another for a job. I typed in something on the website about needing a mover and Long Distance Van Lines was the first one that called me. I used them and my experience with them was super. They gave me full service. I would recommend them.

There is nothing half as delightful as getting real value for your money. With it comes a sense of contentment and fulfilment. You feel like coming back again. I had that similar experience when I recently involved Long Distance Van Lines in my relocations. They came knowing how much I valued perfection and kept that mentality all through. By keeping the relocations flawless and timely, they succeeded their objective of not upsetting me during the relocation. I was so happy when they were done.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I moved my entire household from Sarasota, Florida to Las Vegas, Nevada, and got Long Distance Van Lines for my move. I really appreciated the peace of mind they offered by being in good communication. They gave me a very accurate estimate and the sales team was very efficient, informative, and responsive to any questions, and they were always available. However, the moving team took apart a gallery basketball game that I have, even though I've moved that a number of times and had not taken it apart. But then when it arrived in Las Vegas, they didn't know how to put it back together. I've had it for quite a few years, but I don't have a manual, so I've been working with their customer service team on that since then and they've been excellent.

I really appreciated the move on both ends. It was a different team to pack up and to deliver, so I worked with two different teams and the movers on both ends were very consistent and clean. They arrived when they said they would, were quick and very respectful, and really seemed to know what they were doing. Nothing was damaged, and I was very happy with the experience. They were very reliable and dependable. I would definitely use them again in the future.

My family understands Long Distance Van Lines because we often hire them for our quite frequent moves. Long Distance Van Lines is based in various states including SC, NC, NJ, NY, AL, GA, FL and more. We have used them to move from several of the states they're based in and to my surprise, unlike other movers who normally gives a good move in one state and a terrible one when you use the same company in a different state, the experience with Long Distance Van Lines was the same oozing with quality work, affordability and punctuality. Wherever you are, if you have an opportunity to use Long Distance Van Lines, just do it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Long Distance Van Lines?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The purchase process was really smooth. I called them about a week ago and they said, "Oh we are on the process of scheduling your stuff and we will call you back." And then I have to wait a few days. The crew was very good. But I was a little bit unprepared for some of the extra costs like long distance carry for extra space. It would be great if the delivery could be a little bit earlier. And it would also be better if the difference between the quote and the actual final balance is not much different.

Factual basis uncertain

I am a real customer. This company (previously known as North Eastern Moving and Storage) lacks accountability. I moved from PA to CA 6/19/15 - 7/4/16. Ask for three referrals and speak to them directly before deciding on this or any moving company. I also suggest other websites such as: Mymovingreviews.com, bbb.org and Yelp.com so you can get a complete pictures of this moving company.

The initial price for a 4 bedroom house went from about $10,000 to a total of $18,006.70. I was told a +/- 5% difference in cost, but this was way off. The initial moving truck was too small, so they said another truck would come the next day. (Nobody ever showed up without explanation.) We politely asked the moving crew to remove the front door due to large furniture, but they said it would be ok. The door was damaged and the new owner of the house requested all three doors be replaced in order for us to sell the house. The 2nd moving truck finally came and damaged the driveway asphalt by going in reverse up our steep driveway.

At the delivery house, the movers did not say they were obligated to re-assemble furniture even though I paid for basic reassembly. I did not expect any telephone customer service on the 4th of July delivery day. When unpacking, there was a box with a knife pointing upwards! This box #120 which was packed by the packing company and can be verified by the delivery crew that were in shock to see this. This knife was not packed with any other knives and not even covered? I have young children and just this makes Long Distance Van Lines service unacceptable and dangerous.

Also when unpacking, a women's hairdryer and purse was missing. We quadruple checked everything to make sure we were not missing something. We remember a man packing the master bedroom carried a personal backpack with him all moving day, so yes I am suggesting the personal items may have been stolen. I don't expect perfection, but there were too many mistakes. I am in the process of expecting reimbursement for their comprehensive damage. I will defend my name and reputation. Will Long Distance Van Lines do the same?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I looked at a couple of moving companies and Long Distance Van Lines' quote was pretty reasonable. Also, there weren't many companies that were willing or able to deliver out to Wyoming. The crew that picked up my stuff was pretty solid. There were three of them and they did a really good job. The crew that ended up doing the last leg of it and actually moving stuff in was only one person, which was probably not ideal given it was a full house worth of stuff and some bigger equipment. That was the only thing that was a little off. But the pick-up and the delivery were within the windows that they told me before. They also contacted me before coming to pick-up and to drop-off.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I went online to look at options for a move from Pennsylvania to Maryland. For some reason, Long Distance Van Lines came up higher rated than some of the others so I chose their services. I packed everything up, they just had to protect the furniture and move it out to the van. Upon arrival I also unpacked and did everything. The men that came did an excellent job of packing, wrapping, protecting, moving out, and getting me in my apartment all in the same day. The only issue was they were to come around between 11 and 1 in the middle of the day, but they didn't come until 4 o'clock. It may be the fault of the company rather than the guys per se, but that meant we didn't get to the new location until 9 o'clock at night. Luckily the leasing agent came back to work to give me the key to the apartment. They drove down and they unpacked, and it was 11 o'clock at night when we got done. Still, they did their part and I thought they did a great job.

Also, I didn't understand that the move date was possibly over one or two days. I thought it was a choice and that the move date would be known. I chose Friday and then I hadn't heard from them. They said they would call just before the move to square everything away. But they said they can't do it on Friday so I had to move on a Saturday. I took off work to do all these. Friday, I went back to Pennsylvania to be there and get it all ready. Then I sat around all day until Saturday expecting their arrival, but they were late.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was relocating state to state around 600-700 miles away for job-related reasons, and the customer service department of Long Distance Van Lines was very prompt and responsive during the scheduling of the move. It's not a big issue, but the sales team should have better coordination with the delivery team. I don't think both sides had the same set of information about my move so it caused them a bit of confusion.

I was moving from Charleston, South Carolina up to the Phoenix area, looked online to see what moving companies were out there, and called up a few of them. One of them, Long Distance Van Lines, kept in constant contact with me. They were persistent, but not overbearing. I know that they wanted to sell their service, but the other ones that I called have called a couple of times, and then I was still undecided, so consequently I never called them back. After talking to a number of the reps, I made a decision to go with Long Distance. It was a very good decision. Of course, price has something to do with it. They were not the cheapest but they were not the most expensive by a long shot.

This was my first experience in moving in a long time. I spent 30 years in the military and even though I had a lot of moves, the military moved me. The moving experiences were mostly good and some not so good, but that was in the military. With this move using Long Distance, I was extremely happy and highly pleased. They packed everything up and even though I was there, I couldn't be in all the rooms, which ended up being fine because when the household goods got here, everything checked out. They said that they packed an X number of items, and I had packed an X number, but I must have somehow missed a couple of items because I went back and looked, and there they were.

What I expected as a consumer is what I got. The people were outstanding, nice, and good. Long Distance said there would be four persons, and there were four. They were careful, and I made sure of that. The things that were supposed to be set up were set up. The only problem was, they were about two hours late picking up, but it took them a lot less than I thought it would to unload my things, and they finished when they said they would.

I got Long Distance Van Lines' full service for my move from Georgia to West Virginia and it was an excellent experience. My experience with their customer service team was excellent as well. They were helpful. They tried to match the day and time that I wanted but it was a busy season so they couldn't do it. Their moving team was also friendly and efficient. I would do it again with them.

I found an article rating Long Distance Van Lines as one of the top 10 of 2016 moving companies. I looked at their ratings and asked them for a quote, and they had the best price. I chose their basic move option for my move from D.C. to Pittsburgh, which was three hours away. The sales team was fantastic, easy to communicate and talk with, and very responsive. The customer service people were friendly and informative. The moving crew worked quickly and got everything done in a timely manner.

It was the first move that I’ve been a part of personally. They were late on the delivery date. Originally, they told me via phone that they imagine that the delivery would be the very next day, however, it was two days after what they anticipated. The day that they showed up at our house to move, they said that they could deliver it the very next day, but unfortunately, I don’t even have the keys to my new place and I was still working that day so we couldn’t do it. I don’t know if that affected it. Perhaps they were trying to take in another moving thing. My original plan was for it to be there Saturday and then they changed it to Sunday, late in the day. They were in the last half-hour of their window, which then took hours after to complete. It complicated things based on what they communicated to me and I wasn’t anticipating that.

Also, we haven’t submitted our claim form for damages of which there were a few things. I was disappointed because we got the basic package so we packed most of our stuff and they damaged about half of the few items that we asked them to pack. I haven’t gone through the process of reimbursement and I don’t know how well they’ll handle that. I was explaining the items that were damaged to them, and they were surprised that there were many items that were damaged. It’s out of the ordinary to have that many damages for the package that we ordered. Other than those, I'm satisfied with them.

I got a new job and I needed to move. A friend of mine gave me the number of Long Distance Van Lines. Their reps were very professional and the moving crew was very efficient. The whole experience so far has been pleasant.

I can explain how frustrating a move can be but add two homes to move! This move could have been a nightmare... But with Long Distance Van Lines it was a breeze! The staff from the rep detailing every step of the way to the last mover walking out our door! What a fantastic experience! 10 star rating they get!

We did our homework using this site and others and narrowed our selection down to three companies including Long Distance Van Lines. I was contacted right away by Roy **, Senior Moving Specialist. We made arrangements to talk this afternoon. He made the assumption that the call was to actually make the reservation. When I clarified that I was just seeking a quote, Roy said, "Good luck finding a better price than us." When I said "Pardon me," he repeated himself in the same condescending tone and quoted $3,200 for a one bedroom condo. We are keeping the condo furnished and do not have much to move and we would have been flexible on the move time. Essentially he rudely and abruptly demanded information and tried to pressure me into a decision on the spot. My significant other's company is paying our relocation expenses, but I would rather do it myself than to deal with Long Distance Van Lines.

Factual basis uncertain

Never moved before, never used a moving company but there is always a first time even if the experience is not quite the best. We moved from Missouri to Ohio and chose the company that has some of the best reviews and prices. Is not like I we have really precious belongings but wanted to have everything smooth and well organized. Unfortunately it wasn't the case. They were really polite, the quote seemed promising but after deposit there always was something new about the dates, the price, the delivery time. I just feel like I have moved every piece of my furniture by myself. I had to stay on the phone with them almost 24/7 to make sure that they will be there on time, they weren't. As I was told over the phone "Really sorry but it is only one day delay", no big deal for them. Maybe I was unlucky or they don't care, one thing is sure, not going back to them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We were moving 2,000 miles and got Long Distance Van Lines. Their sales team and I had a really good working relationship. Plus, scheduling the move went smoothly. The crew at Long Distance Van Lines was excellent. As a matter of fact, I liked them because we were moving two houses out to New Mexico from the East Coast. The second house was our final move and I got the same crew and the same truck driver. They were outstanding and friendly. It was a very positive experience.

Factual basis uncertain

My wife and I have used moving services over 7 times in the last 10 years. Long distance labor force performed well. However their claims resolution process has failed on multiple fronts. I was overcharged by $1,682 and was due a refund as agreed upon by LDVL management. over the past 3 months they have led me on and refused to send me the appropriate arbitration forms.

While in the moving process at 9:00 p.m. at night the movers forced me to sign an added charge or they stated that all my property that was in their truck was going to be driven away and unpack into a local storage unless I signed. Of course at 9:00 pm at night I had no options for resolving with the office staff. Multiple times throughout the move process the labor force would halt the move process and inform me that I owed them an additional payment (cash) for items that were explicitly covered in my contract. I would recommend any other moving company but this one.

Factual basis uncertain

This moving company is a nightmare come true! Where do I begin... First they lowball the price to hook you in then the price doubles after your belongings are on the truck. Then they lie about how it will be transported and fail to tell you your things will be loaded on their truck to only be unloaded at their unsecure warehouse in a high crime area. Then your possessions will be reloaded on another truck. If you're lucky you will see your things again! Half of all our belongings were stolen, the other half was rummaged through, walked on, and put back in our boxes - retaped of course. True invasion! They also decided to keep this information from us for twelve days! I guess they don't feel that protecting your identity is important. And with all this there was not even an apology! I will do my best to let as many people as possible know not to trust them! I would not wish this on anyone.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I looked up moving companies on the internet and Long Distance was one of the companies that sounded and looked good, so I went with them. The sales team was very good. They would call back and I would call when I had questions. I was very happy with the service and the people that worked there that I talked with on the phone. I was also very pleased with the people that came to the house in the beginning and packed everything. I liked the way they did it and the way they treated me. Plus, nothing was broken.

However, I was getting calls from Brooklyn, then there was something from New Jersey or Maryland, and then there was somebody from Fort Lauderdale. So all of these different places after a while became slightly confusing. But what bothered me from the beginning was that nobody was there at the house. In the past, I’ve had somebody from the company come out to the house and check everything. I had to give all these different descriptions. Also, we weren’t sure if all of the boxes were there. We had many boxes, and because everything was transferred more than once to another truck. But overall, I would use Long Distance again if I were going somewhere. On my part though, I would make up a list ahead of time and use different markings. They’re writing down all of these numbers and it’s always hard to make them out when I'm having to do that.

I was in doubt the first time I was seeking their service. I was not sure whether they were going to relocate me without troubles. Nevertheless, I took courage and sought their services. On the day of the relocation, I held my breath was praying and hoping all will be well. Ideally, all the relocation processes were perfect. This crew came and offered me diligent relocation services. The relocation services were safe and peaceful. I have never found an experience like this in my life. I salute Long Distance Van Lines for the perfect job and urge this crew to continue with their services.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was moving cross-country from Washington, DC to Sacramento, California and looked up Long Distance Van Lines online when I was looking for the best-rated van lines and moving companies. The sales team was decent enough. They explained, worked with me and helped in the pricing, which was a lot easier to take. I was going to look at a self-serve move with another company simply because of cost and they were able to find a truck that was needed out here in California for another move and coordinated so that it was saving me money as well. I appreciated that effort. Overall, I was satisfied with the price but not necessarily logistics. It was better than my previous moving experience and they were helpful but still not all that great.

My moving date didn't exactly match my needs and I had to make it work because the truck was well in advance of me getting out here and they pressure started because they were here waiting on me. There was even more pressure after moving across country because I had to come up with cash to pay on this end and the transfer of money isn't instant. Even though everything is electronic nowadays, transferring money doesn't happen overnight. In fact, it didn't happen in the hours that they expected. I got delayed a full day by weather in Reno because the pass was closed due to snow and the drivers were waiting on me to unload on the 14th. I was stuck in Reno until the morning of the 14th so when I got there they were waiting for cash in hand.

But I had to go to the bank and get it transferred. I was dealing with Washington, DC and due to the delay and the hours difference, they closed before I could transfer it and I had to end up going the next day. And I had the driver and the folks at dispatch pressuring me and calling me almost constantly saying they're not doing anything until I paid them the cash. I went as fast as I can in a way and that was way stressful. I spent eight years in the Army and dealt with lots of stress but that was more stressful than I needed to deal with at the time. So, that is a moving tactic. I've seen that in companies before and that's not acceptable.

The crew itself on the load side was very productive but they left behind a huge mess. I have to clean up three 10X30 storage units and it took me a whole day to dump all the boxes, tape rolls and garbage that were left behind. But the opposite end was awesome. When I got here, we were also loading them back into a storage unit because I didn't have a place to load. So, it was a little difficult, especially as I was handling it myself and there was no additional support. Also, I was away much of the time when things were being loaded into my storage units. Therefore, I couldn't direct which things I needed to be towards the front.

So, a lot of my stuff were inaccessible. I don't know where anything is and have no way of verifying that they did load everything that they said they would. So, I'm only going on trust at this point. I have some valuables like a grandfather clock and tools, and I don't see them. They're probably at the back end of my unit but I can't say yes or no because I'm not about to unload all that just to find out.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was going from Gaithersburg, Maryland to Las Cruces, New Mexico. This was the first time I’ve ever made a long distance move. I compared Long Distance Van Lines to two other movers. Their estimate came in lower than the other two. The three estimates were all $1,000 apart with them being the lowest. From what I was reading up on moving companies, I knew that whatever they quote me, the price was going to go higher. But Long Distance Van Lines has got good ratings and the price seemed lower. Even if the price went up, it’d still be cheaper than the highest one and would put me in the middle. That’s exactly what happened and it’s not their fault. There were a lot of things I had stuck in closets and crawlspaces and stuff that was not seen. So I had no issue with that with the price change.

I had originally planned on making my move in mid-January, but I had ended up postponing it too early to mid-March. We came in on the 22nd. I called them up and within three weeks’ notice, they were ready to take us out. I was very pleased with the company and their service on that end. The guys that came in and originally packed us up were amazing. I was in awe of watching their expertise in packing things up and taking care of a lot of my glass products like my specials mirrors and glass table. They did a great job.

It was a good experience. The only glitch was they had an inexperienced driver. When my stuff arrived here in New Mexico, the truck driver pulled at the top of the street. The people that took the stuff out of the truck were very new too. They did fine getting the stuff into the apartment we’re staying in. They were very polite, but they charged me an extra $200 for carrying everything down. I called the company and let them know of their inexperience. I also complained to the movers and asked for a refund of that $200. They are sending it to me.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Kelly, a senior relocation person of Long Distance Van Lines, was absolutely wonderful and answered every question I had - being back and forth in contact because it got really screwed up about selling the house in Florida and then being finally able to close on the house on Arkansas. They worked with me the whole way. The crew in Florida that did the packing of my stuff was super. There were three guys and they came in and did not stop until everything was packed and loaded. I’ve unpacked a lot of the stuff and nothing has been broken. All my Waterford Crystal got here in perfect shape. That was the thing I was most worried about because that’s my treasure but they packed everything so beautifully.

Also, the two guys that delivered it were wonderful too. They were delightful and worked so efficient and had that truck unloaded. They got here at 9 o’clock and they were gone by 1, and the furniture was well put in place that I’d asked them where to put it. Long Distance Van Lines is superb. I would highly recommend them to anybody I know who is moving.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: April 22, 2016

We were able to connect with the customer service department and they have been helpful. Our claim has been submitted and we are awaiting a response from ownership. The theft occurrence was outside their normal operating procedures, and thus, has changed our coverage expectation. We are asking them to accept responsibility for their negligence inadequately protecting our belongings by replacing our stolen items for the total replacement value.

Original review: April 6, 2016

We recently moved from New York to a second home in Austin, TX, and hired Long Distance Van Lines after seeing great reviews on Consumer Affairs. Everything was running smoothly until our items were delivered and the movers informed us UPON DELIVERY that 2 bicycles & 2 flat screen TVs were STOLEN from the warehouse. Not to mention, we also discovered several other broken / damaged items. To add to it, the movers that delivered our items were a third party (hired by Long Distance) that were rude and had terrible online reviews. We've called Long Distance Van Lines to speak to a supervisor about the incident and our calls have not been returned.

We have moved both international and within the USA 10 or 11 times. Hiring Long Distance Van Lines was the worse experience we have had. Several items were damaged and/or broken in the move from VA to NH. Damage was significant; not minor. It appears little care or concern was taken when loading the furniture and boxes into the trucks. Using Long Distance Van Lines was NOT a good experience and would NOT recommend using this company.

Factual basis uncertain

First they give you a quote based on general info like how big your house is. They do not actually come to look at your place. So if you have more clothes or toys than the average person, plan to pay more than your quote. They do not explain that you can only have a certain number of boxes and everything over is extra money from the original quote. I have a daughter so each box of toys eye were extra. They also charge for duct tape even though I had every box packed and taped on my own. They retape it. That is also extra costs. With for less than 200 items I had to pay $200 in duct tape. I was only permitted 70 items for a two bedroom townhouse which was quoted at $3100. After it was all packed on the truck they inform me that it will be an additional $2500.

Upon delivery the guy calls and lies and says he is 40 minutes away when in reality he was 4 hours away. Just leaving the departing town. So now they get there late. It's dark and I had to help carry and untape boxes along with help to put my bed together so I could sleep that night. They also charge extra not included in the original quote to unpack your items. Which they only had to unpack the furniture so they could put it together. They charge for that. They actually left almost 30 items still covered in their blue fabric that they use for wrapping. However I had to pay them to "remove" them when they didn't.

I called and complained. It took over a month to get a supervisor to talk to me. Then she offered me "Paula" $150 and I had to sign a paper stating I wouldn't write a bad review. If they are such a great company why would she try to pay me to shut up? I would think twice before you use this company or just plan to have an extra $2-4 thousand cause it's what it will quote you on top of the original quote.

Long Distance Van Lines have a better reputation and their people, including the salesperson, were good on the phone, so we felt comfortable going with them. The only problem we had was that there were about six or seven people there, and maybe one of them wasn't able to pack professionally, so a few things got damaged and broken. But we didn't want to put the claim through since I already had enough stuff on my plate to deal with them. Still, at the end, everything turned out okay.

Long Distance's sales reps were very good. They called me on time and their crew came on time too. They were very fast and very efficient. They didn’t do much talking. I told them where things would go and they were like a machine. They did a good job.

Long Distance Van Lines Company Profile