toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

It is not that I have been convinced or enticed, but I want to be loyal to Long Distance Van Lines since they earned it. They handled my relocation professionally, making it their responsibility to ensure that I didn't lose anything during the move and that nothing was damaged. Did I mention that the rates were so favorable? You wouldn't believe that I was having a long distance relocation. And so in return, I will always use their services. I think that nobody who is planning to relocate should look anywhere else.

The way that Long Distance Van Lines do things, you can tell that they are experienced and that you are in the right hands. They will start with packing stuff in boxes and labeling them. Later, the boxes will be loaded into trucks carefully to avert any damage. Those that don't fit into the boxes will be well arranged in the trucks until they fit. I can attest to this since I used them to relocate to PA mid last month. Their different operation was crucial in ensuring that nothing was lost during the relocation and that not even one of them was damaged.

Convenience is one of the things that I look for in a mover if I have to use them for a long distance relocation. The inconvenience was cited as one of the main reasons of failed relocations online – I stumbled across that when researching on the ideal mover to use for my relocation to New York. After a while, I found Long Distance Van Lines who aimed at making the relocation for their clients as convenient as possible. Well, they did. They showed up early and didn't waste any time during the relocation. It was done promptly, and nothing was lost or damaged.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The sales department is very nice. Then, when they pick you up they bait and switch you. I went over in detail twice with the sales rep on the space for my move. When the crew got there they informed us it would be $2500 more than the original quote after they got everything on to their truck. They blame it on their software. Their customer service staff is horrible. They are rude and unprofessional. We left several messages for the supervisor that never returns any calls. They failed to inform us that our order was to be offloaded to a warehouse and then loaded onto another truck for delivery. It sat for more than a week. All they do is say "refer to your contract" for everything. They offered us $300.00 credit for their errors in calculating our move.

They wanted us to sign a release that says we are restricted for filing any complaints that says the following "of and from all actions, causes of action, suit, proceedings, debts, judgments, excluding damage claims, BBB, Yelp or any other complaints and demands whatsoever in law or equity, which Releasor ever had, or now has specifically excluding the facts and circumstances related to all manner excluding damages and/or loss of household goods with Releasee, this release shall become valid upon price adjustment/credit on bill of lading in the above amount. Customer will not do chargebacks on any payments made to Long Distance Van Lines"

When they finally delivered 20 days after the pickup, we were rushed into signing off on their paperwork saying that all items were delivered in good condition. They would not let me count boxes and was in a hurry to leave. There were numerous crushed and damaged boxes on the offload. Additionally, they were supposed to put all furniture together that they took apart. They failed to put everything together in their hurry to leave. We would not recommend this company to anyone. It was an awful experience and they do not care about their customers at all.

I have moved a number of times over the past few years but have never had an experience that made me want to use the same company again. There was always something missing, like a good price, fast and efficient movers, knowledgeable support staff etc. I had none of those problems with Long Distance Van Lines – they ticked all the boxes. From the time I first spoke to their office with Amanda to the time the last item was unpacked at my new apartment, everything went smoothly and without drama. Just excellent.

We had a very positive experience with Long Distance Van Lines and would like to share it with you. I have some very large pieces of antique furniture that need special care and can only be moved with great difficulty. We were given LDVL’s contact details by a friend who had used them to move her antique furniture recently. Stacey from the long Distance Van Lines office was instrumental in our choice – the entire process was explained in ample detail to reassure us. The movers were just as good, if not even better at their job.

I am so happy that the moving team did exactly what I wanted. I requested for quick services. They did not charge me any extras. They also kept their promise and ensured that my move was smooth. Thank you for your business!

Long Distance Van Lines served my move from Oregon to California and they did not disappoint me. The estimate was very easy. Amanda, sales person, gave me very reasonable price and explained me whole move process. The moving team: Guys were awesome, worked hard and fast, very polite and efficient. All my furniture and other stuff arrived in a perfect condition.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Long Distance Van Lines?

We had a tough time with Long Distance Van lines for these specific reasons: - Customer service would give timelines and call time details and then not call at those times / customer service was vague with contract details and over promising verbally. - Quotes for pricing were changed several times by customer service and then on day of by movers there to pick up our stuff, resulting in a much more expensive move. - Boxes arrived damaged, crushed, ripped open, and with rat feces inside on our clothes. - Boxes were upside down, sideways upon arrival (we were told by customer service that the boxes being ripped and smashed was our fault for not using enough paper inside the boxes). - Mattress bags arrived ripped and mattresses were dirty. - Boxes arrived without numbered stickers that were given by movers to account for our things.

- Couches, lamps, and furniture were ripped and broken - contract states bumps, chips and cracks are not the movers fault and therefore not covered. - It was very difficult to submit a claim due to the lengthy claims form that includes a notary stamp, three estimates for repair costs per item, and weights of "leg of chair" only vs. whole chair - when the return is .60 cents on the pound. - Movers damaged wall bringing in the couch, and then shrugged when asked about it. - Refused to put together furniture that previous team had taken apart even though contract includes assembly of furniture. - All in all very expensive for 1,000 cubic feet furniture with terrible customer service and package delivery quality.

Factual basis uncertain

WARNING: this company is a scam. They give you a low-ball estimate over the phone to rope you in, and then arrive and double the estimate. I initially went with them as their representative Jay, who gave me the estimate, assured me that they were a family-run company, not out to get us, and would be completely honest and dependable. When the movers arrived, they told me that they gave us an inaccurate estimate and in fact the price would double.

At that point we had no choice but to let them take our things since we had to move out. However, as you can see it is a total scam. They gave us the estimate and immediately doubled it upon arrival. I attempted to call the main office when they opened on Monday to discuss the estimate I received, and no one ever called me back to discuss my concerns, despite calling them DAILY for 10 days. I have yet to hear from them, so will now publicly spread the word of this company as far and wide as I can. STAY AWAY.

We were looking for a reliable moving company to move us from our 2-bedroom in Maryland to a 3-bedroom in Oregon. After getting quotes from 6 companies, we decided on Long Distance Van Lines based on the reviews and the competitive pricing. A number of people told us that that was probably only because we would be slugged with lots of fees afterwards. The sales manager, assured us that wouldn't happen, and he was right. The movers, did a great job and we paid exactly what we had anticipated. Would recommend Long Distance Van Lines any day.

I hired Long Distance Van Lines to help me with me move from Illinois to New York and I had awesome experience! The quote was accurate and all staff was super friendly and helpful. Girls from customer service answered on all my questions before, during and after relocation. All of my furniture arrived in the same condition and the moving team placed it wherever I asked them. I'm happy and satisfied.

I'm not kidding -- We had a great time with Mike and Alex who are a great bunch of guys. I am a single mom and managing 2 energetic, little boys on moving day is a huuuge task! They made sure that my kids were safe, even showed them around the truck, which they thought was so cool. Angie from the Long Distance Van Lines office was so great in helping me manage my move. For the fantastic service I received, the price was just as fantastic.

I like it when someone does his job perfectly without any need for a reminder. I am always keen on locating such service providers. That is how I ended up with these movers. By the first call, I was sure I had chosen the best team. They tried their best to ensure there were no disappointments. I am so grateful to them.

It is hard to find a honest moving company, but Long Distance Van Lines was a pleasure to deal with. They were extremely flexible with their scheduling and offered very fast delivery. Our move was particularly difficult because of large amount of furniture we had, but Long Distance Van Lines handled it with ease. This was truly a 5 star experience.

Trying to choose a moving company can be very difficult because it seems the claims can sometimes be too good to be true. I was really apprehensive and did a lot of research before deciding to use Long Distance Van Lines, which was actually the first company I looked at. Their prices are on the lower end, their staff knows what they are doing, from the customer service to the movers. My stuff arrived safe and sound, nothing damaged, nothing lost.

Let me just say that I have never seen a more careful team of movers in all my 4 or so moves. Alex and Jesus did a great job of ensuring all my items were nicely packed, secured and transported. The loading and unloading were flawless. Jay, who I think is the Long Distance Van Lines sales or customer service manager handled all my questions promptly and professionally. I think there's no part of any moving job she isn't familiar with. Overall a fantastic experience and a definite recommend from me.

A lot of people don't use moving companies because they might have heard horror stories. With Long Distance Van Lines, it's the opposite - these guys are the most professional, trustworthy and efficient people in this or any business. They moved my 1-bedroom apartment without a single problem, no damage and all on time. Jay, who works in the office, is a great asset to the team - helped with all the admin and gave some great tips.

We researched many companies and then decided to go with Long Distance Van Lines. And we are happy with this decision. Their quote was one of the cheapest one, even after final bill came in slightly above the original estimate. The cost and accuracy are important in a move so full marks here to Long Distance Van Lines. The moving team was fantastic! They did their job with professionalism and speed. No damages, no missed items.

We happened to be moving right when a big thunderstorm hit which meant extra care to waterproof stuff, hazardous roads and basically a pain in the butt. The guys from Long Distance Van Lines had it all under control from start to finish. They made all my stuff safe and protected from the rain before moving it to the truck. On the way, their driving was cautious and controlled. They even took care to ensure that as little water as possible came with them into my new home.

Loved the service and will use again.

My wife and I researched many companies before settling on Long Distance Van Lines and we are happy that we did. LDVL's quote was one of the cheaper ones, even after the final bill came in slightly above the original estimate. The cost and accuracy are important in a move so full marks here to Long Distance Van Lines and their sales manager, Amanda. The movers did not let us down, either. They did their job with professionalism and speed. Our stuff arrived without a scratch and we are very happy about that.

We obtained quotes from eight moving companies before choosing Long Distance Van Lines. Their quote was not the cheapest but it was the most detailed and their sales manager, Jay, explained all the charges so it was easy to understand. We had two movers (2-bedroom house), who got right to working and did not waste time chatting or sitting around like I've had with previous moves. There was a bit of damage to a wall when they were placing the sofa, though.

I hired Long Distance Van Lines to help me move from Illinois to Connecticut. It was very easy to make an estimate and inventory with Landan. He was very nice and made sure that all my questions were answered. On pick up day the movers came earlier than expected and helped us to pack our belongings. At our new place, they took time to make sure our furniture was just the way we wanted.

I had an excellent experience with Long Distance Van Lines. I hired them to move my 2-bedroom apt from Illinois to New Jersey and guys made whole process smooth and stress free. My movers Alex, Nick and Boris were very professional. They arrived on time, packed and loaded my belongings carefully. As a result no one piece of my furniture was broken, damaged or even scratched. Bravo guys! Thank you for your job!

I can confidently refer Long Distance Van Lines to anyone in need of great relocation. The process was smooth and free of errors. The relocation services were timely and efficient. The team was so careful to ensure the safety of my properties, right from the beginning. In the end, I was able to relocate safely, without any stress. I am so happy that Long Distance Relocation Services made it happen.

I chose Long Distance Van Lines after watching YouTube reviews. And I wasn't disappointment. Landan, the sales manager answered on all my questions and explained me different options, so I could choose optimal for me. All office staff were very helpful. Moving team came on time. Guys were quick and careful. While some of them were busy handling the packing, others were dealing with the loading. I would definitely use them again!

Factual basis uncertain

I accepted a $5,402 binding estimate based on a detailed inventory of my 2-BR apartment. Since then I have been hit with multiple extras including a $1000 "estimate other charges" which was not anticipated or explained, and $209 charge for "wardrobe boxes" when I did not purchase or utilize any from them. This company is now holding my furniture hostage for $10,664!! I am beside myself - it is unconscionable that a binding estimate would be DOUBLED based on the accurate information that was provided. I found Long Distance Van Lines directly through Consumer Affairs - PLEASE help me resolve this!

Now I know that Long Distance Van Lines is the best movers. I used them for my relocation from Maryland to Mississippi. The estimate was accurate, prices were very reasonable. The movers Nick and Andrew were fast and efficient - all our stuff was handled with care and I was impressed by that. More importantly, it all arrived safe and sound and on time. That is too impressive to ignore. Thanks so much.

Where to start. First, they told me they owned all their own moving trucks/vans which were a lie. They just pay a third party to deliver. Second, they quoted me for a particular price, loaded up all my stuff and charged me twice as much as there was "more than expected". Come to find out that is actually illegal. After moving my stuff, they just so happen to "lose" an expensive toolbox that contained all sorts of custom tools I had accumulated throughout the years. Then pretty much all my furniture was either broken, damaged, or dented in some way. Legs of chairs and couches were broke and even my washer and dryer had bad dents on top of it probably because they stacked stuff on top of them without regard.

After all that, they refused for actually pay me for the toolbox even though they had proof it was missing and I got ZERO for any damages because I didn't have the original receipts. For whatever reason, they needed original receipts even though they specifically claim to pay by weight. Also, the "pay for weight" thing is a scam. If they break a leg on your solid table guess what, they just pay for that leg and you might get a dollar for it (60 cents per pound). Maybe. They simply don't care about you or your stuff and the condition it arrives in. Customer service was horrible and come to find out, the lady wasn't even really using her real name (talking to you "Paula").

Long Distance Van Lines made it happen. The team ensured relocating to Jackson, MS was not a nightmare, as many would have imagined. The relocation services were smooth and enjoyable. Even more, the movers ensured that the whole process was quick enough. Impressive Indeed. I thank you for everything.

You will be mistaken for thinking that Long Distance Van Lines are like the typical mover you know. These guys are different. They make your relocation memorable by being friendly. You would even forget you are moving. I talk from experience having used them to relocate to Iowa on the 21st of last month. I expected a standard relocation, but they gave me more. They showed interest in making my relocation successful and handled my stuff carefully to avert damages. When you use them, you will understand.

Insufficient response received

I recently moved from Chicago to Walnut Creek, CA and I decided to go with Long Distance because of the "great quote" they gave me and "great reviews". The day of the pick up another company comes to pick up my stuff, Best Price. I was expecting Long Distance to be the ones moving my stuff since I made my contract with them, but no that was not the case. Everything went fine during the pick up of my stuff since I had everything ready and packed for them. They took my stuff and I made sure I have each of my boxes labelled with my new home address to make sure there's no confusion or anything, but apparently that wasn't enough.

When they dropped off, first of all they didn't drop off when they said they were going to. My husband was waiting for them for more than three hours since the moment they called saying they would be there. I had to get on the phone and try to figure out what happened and when I finally got with someone they said that their "truck broke down" and that they will drop off my stuff first thing the next morning. Again, that did not happened and were late at dropping off. My husband received all my stuff and when I flew in to the city 4 days later of the drop off, I noticed I was missing one box. I opened all of them and were missing my most valuable items. Now I don't want to believe that this company has employees that are taking stuff, but after a whole month without getting any information about my box, no one doing anything about my box after thousands of calls I had to do, I surely believe that they do steal your stuff!

It's so disappointing even with management because they seem to not care about it. Oh and be careful, make sure you purchase the full cover insurance policy because if anything happens to your stuff they will only pay you .69 cents per pound!!! Ridiculous! And they don't tell you that when you are making the contract! They say you are covered for up to $10,000 but you're really not! What I had in my box did not weigh more than 100lbs and it had tons of valuable items in there (jewelry, brand new perfumes, make up, souvenirs from my Europe trip, and that's some to mention), obviously is worth more than that they can ever repay me. I don't recommend this company at all!! So save yourself the stress, time and money and don't fall for the good reviews they have because that's how they got to me.

Factual basis uncertain

This is not a review of the drivers or movers, but of the company itself. The movers have been great. I feel like I was told exactly what I wanted to hear by the relocation specialist so they could get the sale. I was repeatedly given misinformation and am extremely unhappy with my experience. First, "Jordan" told me that based on my inventory, I could "easily fit 15-20 more microwaves" into the truck and that we were WELL UNDER weight/size. We added more inventory based on this assessment and ended up being charged an additional $1300. They did indicate they would reimburse me $200, but the estimate was still WAY off.

Second, during our initial discussion when I told Jordan I was considering using PODS because of their delivery guarantee, he told me there would be no problem getting our belongings to us by March 1 or March 2 after being picked up on February 20. We based what we brought with us on this claim. It is now March 3 and I was just told it would be an additional six days before our belongings arrived. The truck didn't even leave Chicago until the 2nd. In the meantime, we have had to buy dishes, cups, pots and pans and flatware so that we can feed ourselves. This is an ADDITIONAL unexpected expense based on poor customer service and shady sales tactics.

If I had been given more accurate information and not just been told what I wanted to hear to get the sale, I would have used PODS. It would have cost slightly more but I would have my belongings now. Do not use this company if you are on a budget or need your belongings within a specific time frame. They are not reliable for this. I was also told on two occasions that the driver would call me that day or within an hour and did not receive a call. Maybe my move is just a fluke, because most other people seem happy with their experience. However, based on my experience, I do not recommend this moving company.

Long Distance Van Lines Company Profile