4.37/5

Compare Movers

This company is out of businessFIND OTHER COMPANIES

Even the simplest long distance move can be stressful for a family or business. You can rest assured knowing that you'll be receiving the highest level of service and a worry free interstate move with Long Distance Relocation Services.

Our staff of moving experts have been thoroughly trained to ensure you'll receive the most professional interstate moving experience and assistance for all of your important relocation needs.

We offer a wide range of services to support your needs throughout your move, such as, full-service packing, fragile-only packing, and storage in transit.

View More View More

Compare Movers

357 Long Distance Relocation Services Consumer Reviews

Original review: April 13, 2019

Do not hire this company! They moved us from NY to Florida in June 2018. Damaged and missing parts on our baby grand piano, damaged and missing parts on our grandfather clock. Missing 32 of our classic collectible books. Missing wedding album and all our children’s baby photos! Placed many phone calls to request a refund on the move they would not negotiate. Filed a claim through CSI it was denied. This company told us the move would cost $3000 then would not unload our items until we paid them $3000 more! It took 3 weeks to receive our items!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

The worst experience of my life. Cost me over $6K and they held my stuff hostage in a warehouse in NJ. I can't give enough negative feedback on this shady outfit. IF YOU WANT TO KEEP YOUR SANITY AND YOUR BELONGINGS, USE SOMEONE ELSE.

Get expert buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

I hired this company to move me from Ca to Fl. After charging me $12,000+ which included "specialty packing of breakables," they proceeded to break most of my stuff. An irreplaceable teacup that was my great grandmother's, antiques, Bearfoot collectibles, furniture too much to list. I was in tears. As I was documenting items to make a claim, I had a question regarding values. How am I to put a value on some of my most prized and sentimental possessions?? The lady on the other end proceeded to tell me that she was really sorry to inform me, but the company is no longer in business. If they treated every person's move the way they treated mine I can very easily see why. Something more had to be able to be done. This is not right!

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

After a long distance move from the West Coast to the East Coast, I was stunned to find about 30% of my high value items "missing". Out of all my items missing, they happen to only be my high value items? Not only that but I had ziptied my totes closed and when they arrived, the zip ties were no longer on there and the inside contents were gone! "Missing" items include my pro mountain bike, queen mattress (how do you lose a queen mattress??), Canon DSLR camera, HD video camera, flat screen TV and more. Ironically, I had labeled all my items with my name and phone # just in case they got lost and they still can't be found?

Additionally, there was also damage to the furniture they packed. Because I had a medical emergency that led to a delayed delivery, I was also using their storage service. I was paying monthly fees based on square footage and with the amount of "missing" items, I have been overcharged for months!! I've had their people hang up on me, say they'll call me back and never do, have disconnected phone #'s and emails and the list goes on. Is there is a seedy underbelly in the moving world? I'd like to gather similar victims so we can change this and hold them accountable! Stealing items under the protected guise of missing items is theft (if that turns out to be my case). Do NOT use this company.

If anything like this happens to you do ALL of these if possible: file a stole property report, file a claim with the FMCSA, file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, file a complaint with the American Moving and Storage Association, consider the AMSA's Arbitration Program (While arbitration is voluntary for you, it may be mandatory for your mover. Your moving company is required to accept your request for arbitration concerning disputes of less than $10,000. For disputes exceeding that amount it is not mandatory for movers to comply), take them to small claims court.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

No advance calls were made on the day of our move for both pickup and drop-off. Customer service had no information. Movers failed to show on delivery. Drivers did a great job unloading but it took them 9 hours. They never finished taking boxes upstairs and left a big pile of trash. Those 2 drivers did a great job under the circumstances but they got behind on their next schedule without the movers. Customer service had no information when I called. My contact, Lissa, now claims she has no contact with the movers or customer service. Long Distance does not coordinate properly with their subcontractors.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Long Distance Relocation Services?

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

These guys have provided me with the worst nightmare conceivable. Their salesman Mike quoted me a price saying that since I would be moving in a slack period it might me less = $3,000. Then a month later he stated the price was about $3,900. Then I received a call from their customer service lady Lisa and she said the price would be $4,900. I gave a deposit even though I felt it was higher but I was running short of time. The movers came to pick up the items and they said they had to add "bulk" charges etc so the price then went to $6,100. What could I do as I didn't want to lose my deposit and rent a truck myself.

Then when the stuff arrived at my new home on Thanksgiving Day they had broken a number of items including the Band Saw that they charged me an extra $150 to ship. They also lost/stole my expensive Dolly. So I had to file a claim which they say will take up to 120 days to finalize??? Since filing I have noticed other items lost and broke. These people also used sub contractors to do all the work which I didn't know till later. You are out of your mind to even think about using these guys as they LIE on every turn. Do not use these people to move a mudpack let alone your life's treasures... The worst experience I have ever had and I paid dearly for it.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

We planned a move from Washington to Indiana and we decided to go with this Company. Initially everything seemed fine though we were concerned that they hadn’t confirmed pick up and we couldn’t cancel a week prior or the deposit was lost. Well, they finally did and a truck with a taped on sign showed up at our house. Taped! We got really nervous but it was too freaking late to cancel. So we got out of the way and let them pack, everything we saw them pack was done well and it was quick. They would not speak to me but they were super chummy with my husband but whatever, hurry up and leave was my mentality. We went on the road to meet the date of the 13th which was the planned date of delivery. We called to see if that was still correct and no answer from the rep Brittany.

So after a week of no response we finally receive a call that our stuff has still not shipped. Apparently the date was a “earliest date”, there is truly no intention of getting it there on that date but theoretically that’s the soonest. Awesome! On day 21 we finally receive our stuff. They do not have a dedicated crew so they hire locals from labor ready or somewhere. The lead asked if I would provide food for a two hour job. On top of all the nonsense they lost a portion of my kitchen items. Used the wardrobe boxes I paid extra for stuff and threw our clothes in smaller boxes. I also paid extra for boxes to be used for artwork and they also were in wardrobe boxes with nothing to separate them. This company has a total disregard for the items that they are supposed to transport, regardless of how much you pay your stuff is not important to them.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY! They lie and promise things to you that are untrue. Above they say that they have a A+ rating with the BBB, but in fact they have a D rating. Go to the BBB website and see all of the complaints and how they are almost all the same. Plus they received 32 complaints over the last 12 MONTHS! We have moved across country 5 times and NEVER had the experience we had with this company. They treated our belongings like they were nothing. I have NEVER had anything broken or damage from a moving company until this company. If you want someone to take care of your belongings DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

Every step of our move went as planned and all our things were delivered on time and without damage. Long Distance Relocation Services movers were very helpful and made an effort to be genuinely careful with the items we had marked as fragile. The best thing is that they still worked fast enough to be on schedule.

Great effort also by the office manager who coordinated the move with us and kept us informed all the way. Despite the long move from Oregon to Florida of our huge 4-bedroom home, we felt like everything was always under control.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

I believe this company is a scam. My things were picked up by untrained day laborers in a borrowed truck and taken to a storage facility. It has been nearly one month and all my things are still there.

Long Distance Relocation Services expert review by Janine Sarna-Jones

Long Distance Relocation Services has over 17 years of experience in moving individuals, families and employees all over the country. The company's employees have experience in a variety of services that are helpful for interstate moves.

• Full-service packing: The company offers full-service packing assistance, including white-glove, fragile-only packing and careful packing for valuable or specialty items.

• Different levels: It offers a variety of service levels, from very basic to full-moving services.

• Antique: The company performs a lot of specialty work with antiques and is able to ensure that valuables and precious goods can be transported with ease and safety.

• Protection: It offers protection plans guaranteeing the safety of your belongings, insuring them against loss and damage.

• Communication: People moving long distances often have to be without their belongings for long periods of time while they are being hauled cross-country. Long Distance Relocation Services is easy to contact to get up-to-date information on the status of your move.

• Best for: Households, military families and individuals.

Profile picture of Janine Sarna-Jones
      Janine Sarna-Jones Moving Expert

Janine Sarna-Jones is a Certified Professional Organizer and Move Manager. She is the founder and president of Organize Me Inc. and has been helping people get organized at work and at home since 1992. A member of the inaugural class of Certified Personal Organizers and board member of the National Association of Productivity and Organizing, Janine has helped a broad range of clients, including corporate executives, small business owners, real-estate agents, moms, artists, therapists, and non-profit organizations.

Long Distance Relocation Services Company Information