4.61/5
Based on 45 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Even the simplest long distance move can be stressful for a family or business. You can rest assured knowing that you'll be receiving the highest level of service and a worry free interstate move with Long Distance Relocation Services.

Our staff of moving experts have been thoroughly trained to ensure you'll receive the most professional interstate moving experience and assistance for all of your important relocation needs.

We offer a wide range of services to support your needs throughout your move, such as, full-service packing, fragile-only packing, and storage in transit.

Long Distance Relocation Services Video
Long Distance Relocation Services Gallery (4)
A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Last updated: April 20, 2018

317 Long Distance Relocation Services Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 20, 2018

I move often because of my job but this was the first time using this company. However, the great experience means that I will use them again whenever possible. They were efficient, polite and very careful with all my items. Use them!!!

Get expert buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 13, 2018

Just moved a 2-bedroom house from NJ to CA… and it was great! A special thank you to my two movers – Mark and Tommy. They did a wonderful job of what was a complicated move involving stairs, narrow passages and lots and lots of our stuff! I cannot forget to mention that Joy from the LDVL office is also an essential part of the team and maybe even the most important cog in the wheel who makes sure that everything runs so smoothly. The move went off without problems, and the service was fast and professional. Recommending these guys is a no-brainer.

Long Distance Relocation Services response

We would like to thank you for taking time to share your great experience with Long Distance Van Lines. Please keep us in mind, as it would be our pleasure to work with you and or someone you know that may be planning a long distance move in the near future.

Original review: March 13, 2018

This review is the direct result of the excellent level of service and customer satisfaction that Long Distance Van Lines provided. I would like to mention three people in particular – Jay from the office and Johnny and Mike, the actual movers. Together, they from the backbone of this company that will keep satisfied customers like me returning to them and recommending their speed, safety and professionalism to anyone who will listen. These guys do what they do because they love their jobs and it shows. A 5-star experience, through and through.

Long Distance Relocation Services response

Original review: March 12, 2018 There are no words to describe how happy I am with the move Long Distance Van Lines did for me. It was such a fantastic change from the drama, anxiety and confusion that I had the last two times I moved! I was moving my 1-bedroom place from Illinois to California and Paul and Andrew handled it all perfectly. I can’t thank them enough for how well they did their job and went out of their way for me. For the price of the service, this is probably the best investment I have ever

made.

Long Distance Relocation Services response

Original review: March 9, 2018

I wouldn't want anyone to go through what most other people are going through during their failed relocations. It is the dream of everyone to have a smooth relocation, and I can help you find a mover who will ensure the same. Long Distance Van Lines accorded me a relocation I was looking for when preparing to move and you should consider using them too. I recommend them since I saw how they did everything and there is no way it was luck. They knew what they were doing.

Long Distance Relocation Services response

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Long Distance Relocation Services?

Original review: March 8, 2018

That was amazing to have you around during my relocation last week. My young son couldn't get enough of all of you and is asking when you will be back again. Your hard work played a central role in making sure that the relocation was smooth and flawless. I was impressed by the manner you handled everything and ensured that nothing was misplaced or broken. Thank you!

Original review: March 8, 2018

I had lost faith in the relocation industry after two of my colleagues lost stuff during their move. And when my time to relocate came, I promised myself to find a mover that would ensure the safety of everything on transit. It was also important since my wife and I were expecting, and we didn't want anything messing things up. So after a week or so of researching, Long Distance Van Lines turned out to be the mover who would stop at nothing to ensure that their clients were satisfied, and they did. My relocation was smooth and efficient for my small family, and I believed again.

Original review: March 8, 2018

I should note that I had a good time during our relocation to California mid last month. My husband and I had agreed to go to a bigger house in the state, and the task of finding a mover was his. He found Long Distance Van Lines to execute the relocation, and they did a good job. The crew for one was friendly and courteous from the time they showed up at the time we were relocated. It is them that made me enjoy the relocation. We ended up with all our stuff, and nothing was damaged.

Long Distance Relocation Services response

Original review: March 5, 2018

It was my first relocation, and I had almost zero clues about what happens during a long distance relocation. I, however, didn't want to show so that the guys in charge of the relocation don't take advantage of it. It was amazing to see that the team from Long Distance Van Lines, a mover recommended to me by my elder brother, didn't care if it was my first relocation or not. They did their job and made sure that everything was in order. They did all the difficult jobs, and I was just walking around with the supervisor.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Feb. 24, 2018

I hardly ever write any reviews but I really feel responsible to share my experience with “Long Distance Van Lines” because it’s not fair to any family who is going through all the stress of relocation to experience what we did! I have had several interstate moves and this has been by far the worst, most expensive and most financially and mentally damaging moving experience I have ever had!!! First of all prepare yourself to pay 50 to 100% above the estimate they give you. This is not only my experience. It also happened to one of my colleagues that happened to use the this company for relocation.

They give you an estimate but the real charge is way above it! And when they are there and you need to vacate your place you can’t argue anything with them anymore. Their packing was a disaster. Nothing was properly packed or labeled. And when I mentioned something to them, the guy started yelling at me and threatened me that they would just quit right away. So I just kept quiet because I even felt fearful for my life with those guys. Our items arrived 6 weeks after pick up despite numerous calls and requests to bring them within a month.

Pretty much all our wood furniture has damages. They are either broken or have dents and scratches. They broke a really expensive office desk at pick up and didn’t put it on inventory list so we can not claim anything for it. Also we found several broken dishes. My really expensive clothes and my husband's tuxedos and suits were just dropped into the boxes. You can’t imagine how they looked when we opened the boxes. They also lost several items, Some quite large ie a coffee table. They also damaged the walls and bricks during the Moving.

By the way if you decide to claim for any damages just note that they only pay 60 c per lb of item no matter how expensive it is. and guess what?! If they break your table’s leg they pay per lb of the lg not the whole table! Lol!!! They don’t pay anything for dents or scratches. Also they require several forms to be notarized which costed me about $100 to do. This is a really messed up company please save yourself a lot of hassles and avoid this company!!!

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

You are damn wrong if you think that I will be looking elsewhere for a relocating company the next time I am moving. I'll pass. Since my relocation that was handled by Long Distance Van Lines, I am confident that I will use them again. They are nothing like the other movers, and for that, they will be in charge of every relocation I have. I liked their dedication and the fact that they did everything to ensure that my relocation was smooth.

Long Distance Relocation Services response

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

I have seen my relatives and friend relocating, both long distance and in-state relocations but I have never seen any other mover offering services like Long Distance Van Lines. I moved to Long Island early this month, and I had them stewarding the relocation. They made my relocation one of its kind. You should have been there when they got the ball rolling. Their organization was evident from the time they started packing to the time they were off-loading from their heavy trucks.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

LDVL lost some of my packages and damaged some my furniture. I claimed over $5600, but they agreed to my only $175.00. LDVL claims department do not responding to all my call, email and post office certified mail. DO NOT TRUST this company.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

Long Distance Van Lines is a terrible company. The first people you speak with seem awesome and seem to be giving you a great deal. What they don’t tell you is that they lowball you and if your cubic footage goes over their estimate, you pay double for certain things (ex: packing materials. Price doubles once you go over their estimate). Let’s not forget that they do their estimates verbally rather than sending someone out. Initially the person I spoke with did my estimate incorrectly and 4 business days before Long Distance was scheduled to come out someone else did a second inventory, charged me a $250 fee to make the changes to my inventory, then charged an additional $1000+.

I was annoyed but figured whatever... I can’t do anything about this because conveniently enough you can’t cancel and get a full refund unless it’s 7+ business days before your move. I see what you guys did there. Anyway, they came out the day of and informed me that they can’t take any liquids or lightbulbs. I was so angry as no one told me this ahead of time AND that isn’t mentioned in any of your paperwork or on their website. I called Lissa from QA the following day and she was beyond rude, giving me an attitude while demanding that she told me this when she called me the week before. She didn’t call me- I called her and she never told me this. If their calls are recorded like they say, you would think they wouldn’t be so rude.

Oh! And I had more stuff than they estimated BOTH times so there goes about $250 charge and a total of almost $4000 more than my original quote. The only good part was that my stuff got here the earliest date they guaranteed. However, the movers packed my stuff and didn’t check to see if drawers were empty and ended up breaking things. All of my furniture arrived chipped or scratched. Their insurance doesn’t cover chips and scratches. This company is a bunch of rude, money hungry crooks who should never have ANYONE’s business.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

My husband and I decided on a full packing and moving service because we had 3 kids and I was 7 Months pregnant and he had knee issues. The guy on the phone told me I wouldn’t have to worry about anything. That their company would pack and unpack everything. The initial quote was 18,000 for a 2400 square foot house. I told him we couldn’t do it. He then proceeded to give us discounts to get the cost down to 12,500. It was still over our initial budget, but we went ahead and went with them. The day of the move several guys came to the house (with Budget Rental trucks) and started packing. At 8 pm at night we were told that we exceeded our square footage and if we wanted the rest it would be 5,000 extra. We were forced to pay 1800 because it was late and there were heavy things left. Many of the things on the manifest were left behind.

I ended up packing more than 40 plus boxes (they didn’t take any of the kitchen things) and we had to take 4 U-Haul of the largest trailers back and forth between houses to complete the move over the course of 3 weeks. Mind you I did this fully pregnant and with a 1 year old. Since that time, we are also missing items and have opened boxes to locate them with no luck: a PlayStation 4, 2 expensive receivers, a printer... who knows what else is missing. My advise - don’t trust a company that can’t see your items or you might get taken advantage of and forced to pay extra. I realized after, there are competent packing services that can load pods and have them sent and unloaders on the opposite end that will be a fraction of the cost.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

Joy in customer service was very nice and told me that the minimum move is $3500 for 575 cubic feet. I told her I was moving very little and we went through each piece with dimension of each piece. She said I was way under the 575 and that she padded the rest of the quote with several boxes and an 8x10 rug and a 9x12 rug. I was confident that the price would not change as she told me that unless I changed and added more than what she padded, the price stays the same. Someone else becomes your customer service contact who does not let you know the day and time of your move until the day before. The movers come and pack my things on the truck and then tell me that I'm way over the 575 cubic feet by $1000, however I stuck exactly to the list given for the quote but did not even pack my 9x12 rug. He said he can either unload the truck and cancel the move (they have my deposit) or I need to pay the $1000. No choice but to move on.

The next day my customer service contact, Lissa, calls to see how the move went. I complained about the price adjustment with good reason. She said someone would get back to me. No one did. I called 2 more times and no one got back to me. The movers came to my destination to unload in less than 2 hours (that's how small the move was) and my 8x10 rug was missing. I called CS again to let them know as well as to say no one got back to me regarding the price adjustment. They delivered my rug almost 1 1/2 months later and the mover was not happy about it complaining about the company, and still nothing from customer service regarding the price adjustment. Highway robbery!!!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

I enjoyed working with Long Distance Van Lines mainly because of the way they were doing what they do best. I wasn't sure that they were the right people to have in the relocation until after a few minutes of working with them. My belongings were all handled with care to ensure that nothing was damaged in any way. Their service delivery is just out of this world, and you will want them to relocate you when you are moving.

Long Distance Relocation Services response

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

Are you relocating any time soon but you feel unsure about the mover to use? Well, Long Distance Van Lines are the one I would suggest you try. I used their services relocating to Ohio late last month, and I liked their operation. Even if you are new to the entire relocation thing, these guys will make it easier for you to understand how things are done to ensure the safety of your belongings. It will be much of a gamble to go for a mover you know so little about or haven't heard anything about either. I would choose this mover any day.

Long Distance Relocation Services response

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

A long distance relocation is best executed by a mover who has experience. One can anticipate a problem before it even happens and one such a mover is Long Distance Van Lines. I used their services, and it was a clear indication that they had done such relocations before. They didn't have any problem executing the move and took measures to ensure that everything in the house was delivered safely. It is their many years in the industry that made me feel like I was in the right hands. Nothing was broken or damaged in any way. You will want to use them when moving.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

I would strongly recommend looking at another moving company. We were initially given a lower quote to gain our business & later charged an addition $3K. To make matters worse we lost or should I say was taken around $1k in property (power washer, camera lenses, drills, wines & numerous other things).

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

DO NOT hire LONG DISTANCE VAN LINES! They will bait and switch, all of the employees, Jay, Lissa and Nadine LIE all the time! I was quoted $5,00.00 PLUS and ended up pay close to $9,000.00! I moved from Texas to Florida, my last move with North American from California to Texas cost me $7,300.00, same distance is this move but I moved with 1/2 of furniture! They will call you two times after you paid your 1st deposit of $1,200 or more than change the price after they have your money.

They told me 'this is a family owned business' and 'all of our drivers work and are paid by them" A BIG FAT LIE! My driver was from the Russia and he was a subcontracted driver. I paid extra for full pack; they took all my close and literally threw them in a wardrobe box (not folded) hangers and all! I had furniture damaged, glassware broken and much more. I am a disabled veteran and have move at least 35 times in my life; this move was a NIGHTMARE! The driver sat on my property at his home for 7 days before he decided to deliver. I moved from Austin, Texas area and the driver company name was "Rodeo Austin"! And he was Russian or from UKRAINE. DO NOT BELIEVE A WORD JAY SAYS, HE IS FULL OF BS AND YOU CAN TELL FROM HIS NY ACCENT!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

Stacy was as sweet as pie to get business. She was the bait. She also told me they had their own trucks. First lie. They showed up with two Enterprise trucks that were rented. That meant they unloaded them in Maryland and reloaded them into a tractor trailer to be delivered by another Russian guy who bid on the delivery! This is a scam if you ask me. After setting up with Stacy I received calls demanding the deposit payment before the deposit date I set up. They told me a price of 11,000. After the first truck was loaded the driver boss "JOHN" who was Russian told me it would be about $4800.00 more dollars.

When the second truck was partially loaded he raised it to $18,000! I argued that the final price he quoted me was a lie and he said they would call me the next day and correct the price because he would be fired if he states less at the price he guaranteed me at the $4800.00 to what was loaded in the truck and he couldn't go less than $250.00. To my surprise he stated to me to argue the price because they quoted me $11,000.00 from the start. I have a witness he stated that. The next day, I spoke with a Paula and a Nadine. BOTH rude and refused to make the adjustment. After a few days of arguing they came down $750.00. NOT the 2,000.00 more than "Johns" estimate. They also demanded the rest of the deposit money to be wired to them. Yup. No more credit or debit card.

Delivery day came to new house. Driver demanded cash or Postal Money orders or no delivery. They held our stuff hostage unless they were paid in that form. Numerous items damaged or destroyed. I have pictures of all damaged items including pics inside the truck of smashed boxes. Boxes smashed. Missing items. $4000.00 dining room table gouged and scratched on the top, base chipped missing wood. Chairs varnish removed from their tape. A HARD THICK plastic wheelbarrow smashed one cracked on the dump end. Snow thrower housing bent along with a handle. Beer sign with oil stacked upside down with total disregard of this end up and fragile. Oil destroyed towels and packing. 10 picture frames destroyed. Parts missing for metal shelving. China broken.

I paid over $125.00 for them to special wrap our glass curio cabinet and plasma tv. $400.00 Curio cabinet glass smashed and broken. Side of $5000.00 Plasma TV cracked. (Those 2 items I paid for them to protect). Our dryer was dented in two spots. Papers thrown throughout the trailer. These people are vandals and thieves and have total disregard to people's possessions. I can understand a few things broken but they showed total negligence in their work. IF YOU USE THESE GUYS YOU WILL BE SORRY.

I've contacted the Maryland Attorney General’s Office, Consumer Protection Agency and a detective in the county they are in. I spoke with a Sheriff in Florida where their papers said they were from. He drove to the location on the paperwork while I was in the phone and they had no business at that address! He said these places screw people and when they get a ton of negative reviews after a couple of years they change their id and name and start all over again. BEWARE! I have their forms to fill out for claims, no answer. They want receipts for items which we don't have for older items. SCAM! I'd give them 0 stars if I could.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

Hands down THE WORST experience I have ever had with any company ever. LIARS AND CHEATS! I'd give them a zero if I could. Bait and switch. Quoted us one price then demanded several thousand more dollars when they showed up at the house before they would load the truck. They took FOREVER to deliver only HALF of our things. They didn't know where the other half was or when it would arrive. We were not notified of this. Our "representative" Paula was the most useless person on earth. She was a liar and eventually started dodging our calls. When the first half did arrive, half of our boxes were crunched and they didn't wrap half of the furniture so it's all scratched and dinged.

Dodged calls and would not tell us when or where the rest of our things were. FINALLY located it sitting in a warehouse in Indiana (we moved from TN to OR) and were notified that it would "probably leave in 5-7 day." When that finally arrived, more crunched boxes, more dented and scratched furniture. They didn't wrap or protect in any way my clearly antique, 90 year old doll house, made by my great grandfather, tossed it in the truck, then broke it and lost the piece that they broke. Every complaint we've had with them has somehow, according to them, been our fault. I am beyond livid.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

I was looking for a place that would move our piano. We have a stunning Korg grand piano and so I was concerned about that. I went online and Long Distance Van Lines was the first one that popped up. They also responded right away. I made sure they understood that the piano was my first concern and that they knew what to do with it. I wanted to know if they knew how the piano needed to be handled to successfully move it and that they're not just heavyweights who could move it. I talked to a man initially and he seemed to be very knowledgeable. I had one person who was a little crabby but everyone else was absolutely wonderful. And the actual movers were very friendly, thorough and did a very good job.

But I did not understand why they were not going to take our stuff to us immediately. We moved to Holland about 145 miles from Homewood, Illinois and I thought they were going to be going directly to Holland or they have to stay overnight before they unloaded our stuff in the morning. But as it turned out, they unloaded the truck and brought it to someplace else before they delivered to us. I also didn't know that our stuff was going to come off the truck and get reloaded on another truck. We moved a lot in our life and that's where problems occur with damaging goods. But other than that, they were great and we are very satisfied. We would highly recommend Long Distance Van Lines.

Long Distance Relocation Services response

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

We had done a long-distance move about four years prior. We did it ourselves, it took us four trips and it was very cumbersome. So this time we decided we were going to let somebody else do it. We found a new job and my company was picking up a vast majority of the cost. I Googled top moving companies and Long Distance Van Lines came up as second as far as the number of stars so I reached out to them. There was another one, Colonial, which did everything online and I didn’t care for that as much.

Everyone from Long Distance Van Lines was very pleasant and helpful but their reps can’t give me an exact timeline, up until within 24 hours of the move, as far as when they’re going to be here. I had to call back a couple of times to ask questions and they were very good. We chose the basic move option and I did all the packing myself. They came out and did a quick run-through, so we could tell them everything that was going and what was staying. Then, they loaded everything up into the truck.

The whole experience was good but there were some things there that took me off-guard and there wasn’t a clear explanation of all of that upfront. If you had any furniture that wasn’t of standard size you have to pay extra because everything is done by cubic feet or cubic inches. We ended up spending an additional $2,000 that we weren’t anticipating because we didn’t have traditional-sized dining room chairs that would stack. They were rounded so they took up more square footage in the van and we ended up taking additional square footage in the van that wasn’t in the original quote. So it’s important for them to be more clear on that type of thing.

Also, I told them that we have a large slate pool table which they categorized as being already boxed but you can’t really box the pool table when it’s of that size. So that created additional expenses as well. The moving crew was very pleasant and professional, though. They did a great job. We had a very large house and a lot of stuff which they packed into the truck really well and quickly. We didn’t have anything broken and nothing was missing, so that was also a plus.

Long Distance Relocation Services response

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

I lived in Napa, California and I was paying over $6,000 for state taxes alone. So I decided on the spur of the moment to move and cut off that expense. I moved to Fort Lauderdale, Florida where there are no state taxes and where they are very good to retirees and give special dispensations for buying homes. I called Long Distance Van Lines and their sales reps were very friendly. I scheduled the move right away and the movers were on time, efficient and swift. They wrapped everything and were very nice and extremely professional. I also had some things unwrapped and they put them in the boxes. Consequently, the heavy objects did not collide in the traffic coming over here.

Also, the girls told me that the movers might be bringing a semi when they picked up the various boxes I had packed, so I thought I would have to rent something to take them to my storage place in Inglis because the semi's not going to get in there. But when they came, they said they brought a truck that will fit in there and I was delighted. Everything turned out beyond compare and things went smoothly. When they arrived here, they were very considerate in putting everything in the right place and there was no damage on anything. It also was hot and miserable for them at the time they delivered the furniture but they were diplomatic about it. I found everything packed up nicely but I haven't finished moving in and some of the boxes are still out there.

After the delivery, one of the girls called and asked me if I could give them a write-up about everything working out fine. She was courteous but I wasn’t able to call them back because I got tied up with so many things and I was raving mad trying to find my computer. I was finishing a book and the computer was very important to me. I thought I lost it and that one of the guys from Long Distance Van Lines took it out of the box. But I finally found it where I last hid it which was in a tiny suitcase which had been in my closet for a while. So it had nothing to do with their team. It was just me having a problem finding things.

Their reps were also sweethearts. I got these sheets from them that said “We love you” on the front of every page. They sent them over to OfficeMax because I didn’t have a fax that was working. Overall, Long Distance Van Lines was wonderful and perfect. From the beginning to the end, their team was all beautiful and gracious. They did a terrific job and I was very happy with them.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

Moved my parents from their old home closer to mine and our movers did a great job of ensuring that everything was well taken care of. The office admin people also deserve a shout-out for being so patient with all my questions! :D

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

There were no problems in a move involving many flights of stairs, a ton of items (four bedroom house) and an interstate transfer – what does that tell you about these guys? I don’t think there are many moving companies that I would give full marks to, but these guys surely deserve it.

Long Distance Relocation Services response

Original review: Aug. 22, 2017

Customer service was great and the movers themselves were even better. I had a smooth, flawless move which kept to the schedule they had given and got all my stuff to my new house without a scratch. 5 stars and I wish I could give even more for how happy I am.

Long Distance Relocation Services response

Original review: Aug. 17, 2017

I hired Long Distance Van Lines to help me with move from Washington to Arizona. And they didn't disappoint me. The moving team did fantastic job. A heavy downpour started just as we were about to move and that could have set us back a few hours. My movers simply made sure that all the packaging was water resistant enough to survive the short trip between home and truck and went right to work. They managed to finish despite the rain and nothing was damaged, neither from the rain nor for the moving process. At my new home, the sun was shining and everything went off without a hitch. I highly recommend them for any move.

Long Distance Relocation Services expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Long Distance Relocation Services has over 17 years of experience in moving individuals, families and employees all over the country. The company's employees have experience in a variety of services that are helpful for interstate moves.

• Full-service packing: The company offers full-service packing assistance, including white-glove, fragile-only packing and careful packing for valuable or specialty items.

• Different levels: It offers a variety of service levels, from very basic to full-moving services.

• Antique: The company performs a lot of specialty work with antiques and is able to ensure that valuables and precious goods can be transported with ease and safety.

• Protection: It offers protection plans guaranteeing the safety of your belongings, insuring them against loss and damage.

• Communication: People moving long distances often have to be without their belongings for long periods of time while they are being hauled cross-country. Long Distance Relocation Services is easy to contact to get up-to-date information on the status of your move.

• Best for: Households, military families and individuals.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs