Call toll free
4.75/5
Based on 51 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Even the simplest long distance move can be stressful for a family or business. You can rest assured knowing that you'll be receiving the highest level of service and a worry free interstate move with Long Distance Relocation Services.

Our staff of moving experts have been thoroughly trained to ensure you'll receive the most professional interstate moving experience and assistance for all of your important relocation needs.

We offer a wide range of services to support your needs throughout your move, such as, full-service packing, fragile-only packing, and storage in transit.

Long Distance Relocation Services Video
Long Distance Relocation Services Gallery (4)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

334 Long Distance Relocation Services Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 13, 2018

We settled on Long Distance Relocation Services after speaking to five or six other companies. The main reason was their ability to be completely clear about their pricing. The quotes they gave us matched the final price. The moving service was simply perfect. The guys came in, did the packing quietly and quickly and loaded it all up right on schedule. Unloading and unpacking went just as smoothly, no chance for a complaint anywhere – thank you guys!

Long Distance Relocation Services response

We would like to thank you for taking time to share your great experience with Long Distance Relocation Services. Please keep us in mind, as it would be our pleasure to work with you and or someone you know that may be planning a long distance move in the near future.

Get expert buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 29, 2018

After my parents died, I did not want to continue living in the same place that had so many memories of them. I wanted to move as soon as yesterday. I did not have the patience to wait and I wanted out as soon as possible. Finding a company that could do the job in a short notice was a challenge. But when I called Long Distance Relocation Services, they said it was doable. In less than a week, all was done and I’m now settled in my new Place in LA. I did not expect things to be these fast and easy. Thanks a million for your help.

Long Distance Relocation Services response

Original review: May 25, 2018

I rarely have time to write reviews but this time, I decided to make time because I had a fantastic experience with Long Distance Relocation Services. This company is one of the best-run moving companies in the country, and I say that as someone who has worked in the industry in the past. We were very happy with the way our queries and issues were handled by Joseph, who is their customer service person, and the way the movers did their job without any drama, delays or damage.

Original review: May 21, 2018

If I had known moving could be this easy, I would have moved sooner! Long Distance Relocation Services gave us a flawless moving experience from the time we first contacted them for a quote. Their support staff is extremely knowledgeable and friendly and we felt like we were dealing with professionals right from the start. I was hoping the movers would be just as good and wasn’t disappointed – John, Mike and Nick did a fantastic job from the moment they arrived. I’ll be recommending these guys to everyone I know!

Original review: May 21, 2018

There are no words to express how happy I am with my movers. They adhered to my rather tight schedule and even assisted us with unpacking to speed things up even when we hadn't ordered the service. Thank you and God bless!

Long Distance Relocation Services response

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Long Distance Relocation Services?

Insufficient response received
Original review: May 15, 2018

When we chose this company we chose to ignore the negative reviews. I now wish we had listened. We were warned about the poor customer service, poor quality trucks, failure to meet expectations, pricing that escalates throughout the process and the fact that we sat in an empty house for a week. Oh how we should have listened. First off, the sales rep is going to tell you everything you want to hear and low-ball the pricing to get you hooked. Then he disappears, never to be heard from again. Then they will take you through a shoddy inventory process where your price will increase. Then on load in day the price will go up again. Our price more than doubled from the initial quote. Oh and on moving day they showed up in a truck they rented from Enterprise. Oh, and it was too small so they had to come back the following day.

So after two days of loading and our estimated price doubling - even though our inventory was pretty accurate - we were off to Florida. We were driving and hoped to coordinate the travel with the moving company. We have done several long distance moves in the past and our truck always arrived within 1 day of the target date. Well, what this company does is to inform you that by law there is a 21 day window for delivery, and then they will wait to load the truck and leave on first day of your window. So in our case, the movers picked up stuff on May 2nd. The first day we had to be available at our new home in Florida was the 7th so we began driving. We learned mid-journey that their policy is that they will not ship until that first day you are supposed to be at the new house. So we arrived on the 7th and the truck just left and did not get to Florida until the 14th. 7 days in an empty house.

They gave no indication of this policy until after we left. Along the way there was no communication. We had to chase them and when we did talk to them our customer rep was rude and very dismissive. After voicing our complaints the company had no empathy. They later offered a $750 refund but we would have to sign something stating we would not post any reviews. So we ate the $750 because we wanted to share our story and encourage others to go with a different company. There are a lot of movers out there. Avoid this one.

Eric Stanionon 5/15/18PRIVATE

My apologies. My review was meant for long distance van lines. I will happily retract this review if I can figure out how to do that. My sincere apologies I didn’t mean to insult your company.

Original review: May 14, 2018

Moving over long distances is the last thing I expected in my life. But life is full of surprises and one of them came when I had to move from California to Florida. I was happy since I was joining the rest of my family over there but I wouldn’t say the same about the burden of moving. But I couldn’t believe my luck when I came across Long Distance Relocation Services as I browsed the internet for a mover. After going over customer comments, I dialed their number and it was a done deal.

Original review: May 7, 2018

We had to move at short notice and chose literally the first movers we came across. Fortunately, it was Long Distance Relocation Services! Everything about this company is top notch, from the customer service to their speed to their pricing. We are really grateful that they managed to slot us into their schedule at the last minute and still pull off such a great move. A lot of the praise is owed to Sam and Kirk, the two movers who handled everything with such great skill and an even better attitude. Use these guys, everyone!

Original review: May 7, 2018

Great communication, great pricing, great service. That sums up my experience with Long Distance Relocation Services. I was moving from Virginia to New Hampshire after getting married and needed a reliable company to handle a lot of valuable and fragile items from my 3-bedroom home. These guys came highly recommended by a number of my friends and colleagues and I am happy to report that they deserve every bit of that praise. Movers were punctual, polite and hardworking. All my queries were handled by Blake from their office. I highly recommend Long Distance Relocation Services.

Long Distance Relocation Services response

Original review: May 5, 2018

Did I expect my moving to be anything close to flawless? Not a chance. I had been hearing horrible moving stories and my heart was dull when my turn came. But thanks to a friend, I found one of the best moving companies. Long Distance Relocation Services is the true definition of hassle-free moving. They make sure that you will be giving them a call next time you move. I’m so pleased with your services that moving no longer gives me jitters. As long as you continue to exist, it is going to be you all the way.

Long Distance Relocation Services response

Original review: May 4, 2018

I do keep a lot of fragile stuff in my house. When it was my first time to move, I did not expect that half of my stuff will make to the other side. I was surprised to find all my things intact after moving across two states to my current residence. Long Distance Relocation Services ensured that nothing was broken and I couldn’t be happier. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend this company to anyone. The best movers ever! Will definitely use them again.

Long Distance Relocation Services response

Original review: April 30, 2018

It is only 3 days since I moved into my new house and I already feel like home. Long Distance Relocation Services ensured that everything was delivered in perfect condition and placed to its rightful place. I did not expect to be settled so fast but thanks to this company, we are missing nothing from our old home. It was the best moving experience ever. The next time I move, it will definitely be using this company.

Long Distance Relocation Services response

Original review: April 26, 2018

Initially, the move did not go well. Due to delays that were weather-related, the movers who picked up my stuff were rushed, and unfortunately damaged my floor. The company was quick to issue a claim form. I was told that, due to regulations regarding how many miles the drivers could drive per day and other restrictions, I should expect a delay in delivery due to the fact that LDR packs more than one person’s items in their large truck, and that I may have to wait for a week or so.

The delivery went very smoothly. The gentlemen who showed up worked quickly, did not scrape or dent or damage the new paint. They were careful with my guitars, amplifiers, and electronics, as well as my record collection. Nothing was broken. They even put my bed back together. Despite my initial experience, I am more than satisfied with Long Distance Relocation. It was not an easy move, but they got it here, and I’m happy.

Long Distance Relocation Services response

Original review: April 20, 2018

I move often because of my job but this was the first time using this company. However, the great experience means that I will use them again whenever possible. They were efficient, polite and very careful with all my items. Use them!!!

Original review: March 13, 2018

Just moved a 2-bedroom house from NJ to CA… and it was great! A special thank you to my two movers – Mark and Tommy. They did a wonderful job of what was a complicated move involving stairs, narrow passages and lots and lots of our stuff! I cannot forget to mention that Joy from the LDVL office is also an essential part of the team and maybe even the most important cog in the wheel who makes sure that everything runs so smoothly. The move went off without problems, and the service was fast and professional. Recommending these guys is a no-brainer.

Original review: March 13, 2018

This review is the direct result of the excellent level of service and customer satisfaction that Long Distance Van Lines provided. I would like to mention three people in particular – Jay from the office and Johnny and Mike, the actual movers. Together, they from the backbone of this company that will keep satisfied customers like me returning to them and recommending their speed, safety and professionalism to anyone who will listen. These guys do what they do because they love their jobs and it shows. A 5-star experience, through and through.

Long Distance Relocation Services response

Original review: March 12, 2018 There are no words to describe how happy I am with the move Long Distance Van Lines did for me. It was such a fantastic change from the drama, anxiety and confusion that I had the last two times I moved! I was moving my 1-bedroom place from Illinois to California and Paul and Andrew handled it all perfectly. I can’t thank them enough for how well they did their job and went out of their way for me. For the price of the service, this is probably the best investment I have ever

made.

Long Distance Relocation Services response

Original review: March 9, 2018

I wouldn't want anyone to go through what most other people are going through during their failed relocations. It is the dream of everyone to have a smooth relocation, and I can help you find a mover who will ensure the same. Long Distance Van Lines accorded me a relocation I was looking for when preparing to move and you should consider using them too. I recommend them since I saw how they did everything and there is no way it was luck. They knew what they were doing.

Original review: March 8, 2018

That was amazing to have you around during my relocation last week. My young son couldn't get enough of all of you and is asking when you will be back again. Your hard work played a central role in making sure that the relocation was smooth and flawless. I was impressed by the manner you handled everything and ensured that nothing was misplaced or broken. Thank you!

Original review: March 8, 2018

I had lost faith in the relocation industry after two of my colleagues lost stuff during their move. And when my time to relocate came, I promised myself to find a mover that would ensure the safety of everything on transit. It was also important since my wife and I were expecting, and we didn't want anything messing things up. So after a week or so of researching, Long Distance Van Lines turned out to be the mover who would stop at nothing to ensure that their clients were satisfied, and they did. My relocation was smooth and efficient for my small family, and I believed again.

Original review: March 8, 2018

I should note that I had a good time during our relocation to California mid last month. My husband and I had agreed to go to a bigger house in the state, and the task of finding a mover was his. He found Long Distance Van Lines to execute the relocation, and they did a good job. The crew for one was friendly and courteous from the time they showed up at the time we were relocated. It is them that made me enjoy the relocation. We ended up with all our stuff, and nothing was damaged.

Long Distance Relocation Services response

Original review: March 5, 2018

It was my first relocation, and I had almost zero clues about what happens during a long distance relocation. I, however, didn't want to show so that the guys in charge of the relocation don't take advantage of it. It was amazing to see that the team from Long Distance Van Lines, a mover recommended to me by my elder brother, didn't care if it was my first relocation or not. They did their job and made sure that everything was in order. They did all the difficult jobs, and I was just walking around with the supervisor.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Feb. 24, 2018

I hardly ever write any reviews but I really feel responsible to share my experience with “Long Distance Van Lines” because it’s not fair to any family who is going through all the stress of relocation to experience what we did! I have had several interstate moves and this has been by far the worst, most expensive and most financially and mentally damaging moving experience I have ever had!!! First of all prepare yourself to pay 50 to 100% above the estimate they give you. This is not only my experience. It also happened to one of my colleagues that happened to use the this company for relocation.

They give you an estimate but the real charge is way above it! And when they are there and you need to vacate your place you can’t argue anything with them anymore. Their packing was a disaster. Nothing was properly packed or labeled. And when I mentioned something to them, the guy started yelling at me and threatened me that they would just quit right away. So I just kept quiet because I even felt fearful for my life with those guys. Our items arrived 6 weeks after pick up despite numerous calls and requests to bring them within a month.

Pretty much all our wood furniture has damages. They are either broken or have dents and scratches. They broke a really expensive office desk at pick up and didn’t put it on inventory list so we can not claim anything for it. Also we found several broken dishes. My really expensive clothes and my husband's tuxedos and suits were just dropped into the boxes. You can’t imagine how they looked when we opened the boxes. They also lost several items, Some quite large ie a coffee table. They also damaged the walls and bricks during the Moving.

By the way if you decide to claim for any damages just note that they only pay 60 c per lb of item no matter how expensive it is. and guess what?! If they break your table’s leg they pay per lb of the lg not the whole table! Lol!!! They don’t pay anything for dents or scratches. Also they require several forms to be notarized which costed me about $100 to do. This is a really messed up company please save yourself a lot of hassles and avoid this company!!!

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

You are damn wrong if you think that I will be looking elsewhere for a relocating company the next time I am moving. I'll pass. Since my relocation that was handled by Long Distance Van Lines, I am confident that I will use them again. They are nothing like the other movers, and for that, they will be in charge of every relocation I have. I liked their dedication and the fact that they did everything to ensure that my relocation was smooth.

Long Distance Relocation Services response

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

I have seen my relatives and friend relocating, both long distance and in-state relocations but I have never seen any other mover offering services like Long Distance Van Lines. I moved to Long Island early this month, and I had them stewarding the relocation. They made my relocation one of its kind. You should have been there when they got the ball rolling. Their organization was evident from the time they started packing to the time they were off-loading from their heavy trucks.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

LDVL lost some of my packages and damaged some my furniture. I claimed over $5600, but they agreed to my only $175.00. LDVL claims department do not responding to all my call, email and post office certified mail. DO NOT TRUST this company.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

Long Distance Van Lines is a terrible company. The first people you speak with seem awesome and seem to be giving you a great deal. What they don’t tell you is that they lowball you and if your cubic footage goes over their estimate, you pay double for certain things (ex: packing materials. Price doubles once you go over their estimate). Let’s not forget that they do their estimates verbally rather than sending someone out. Initially the person I spoke with did my estimate incorrectly and 4 business days before Long Distance was scheduled to come out someone else did a second inventory, charged me a $250 fee to make the changes to my inventory, then charged an additional $1000+.

I was annoyed but figured whatever... I can’t do anything about this because conveniently enough you can’t cancel and get a full refund unless it’s 7+ business days before your move. I see what you guys did there. Anyway, they came out the day of and informed me that they can’t take any liquids or lightbulbs. I was so angry as no one told me this ahead of time AND that isn’t mentioned in any of your paperwork or on their website. I called Lissa from QA the following day and she was beyond rude, giving me an attitude while demanding that she told me this when she called me the week before. She didn’t call me- I called her and she never told me this. If their calls are recorded like they say, you would think they wouldn’t be so rude.

Oh! And I had more stuff than they estimated BOTH times so there goes about $250 charge and a total of almost $4000 more than my original quote. The only good part was that my stuff got here the earliest date they guaranteed. However, the movers packed my stuff and didn’t check to see if drawers were empty and ended up breaking things. All of my furniture arrived chipped or scratched. Their insurance doesn’t cover chips and scratches. This company is a bunch of rude, money hungry crooks who should never have ANYONE’s business.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

My husband and I decided on a full packing and moving service because we had 3 kids and I was 7 Months pregnant and he had knee issues. The guy on the phone told me I wouldn’t have to worry about anything. That their company would pack and unpack everything. The initial quote was 18,000 for a 2400 square foot house. I told him we couldn’t do it. He then proceeded to give us discounts to get the cost down to 12,500. It was still over our initial budget, but we went ahead and went with them. The day of the move several guys came to the house (with Budget Rental trucks) and started packing. At 8 pm at night we were told that we exceeded our square footage and if we wanted the rest it would be 5,000 extra. We were forced to pay 1800 because it was late and there were heavy things left. Many of the things on the manifest were left behind.

I ended up packing more than 40 plus boxes (they didn’t take any of the kitchen things) and we had to take 4 U-Haul of the largest trailers back and forth between houses to complete the move over the course of 3 weeks. Mind you I did this fully pregnant and with a 1 year old. Since that time, we are also missing items and have opened boxes to locate them with no luck: a PlayStation 4, 2 expensive receivers, a printer... who knows what else is missing. My advise - don’t trust a company that can’t see your items or you might get taken advantage of and forced to pay extra. I realized after, there are competent packing services that can load pods and have them sent and unloaders on the opposite end that will be a fraction of the cost.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

Joy in customer service was very nice and told me that the minimum move is $3500 for 575 cubic feet. I told her I was moving very little and we went through each piece with dimension of each piece. She said I was way under the 575 and that she padded the rest of the quote with several boxes and an 8x10 rug and a 9x12 rug. I was confident that the price would not change as she told me that unless I changed and added more than what she padded, the price stays the same. Someone else becomes your customer service contact who does not let you know the day and time of your move until the day before. The movers come and pack my things on the truck and then tell me that I'm way over the 575 cubic feet by $1000, however I stuck exactly to the list given for the quote but did not even pack my 9x12 rug. He said he can either unload the truck and cancel the move (they have my deposit) or I need to pay the $1000. No choice but to move on.

The next day my customer service contact, Lissa, calls to see how the move went. I complained about the price adjustment with good reason. She said someone would get back to me. No one did. I called 2 more times and no one got back to me. The movers came to my destination to unload in less than 2 hours (that's how small the move was) and my 8x10 rug was missing. I called CS again to let them know as well as to say no one got back to me regarding the price adjustment. They delivered my rug almost 1 1/2 months later and the mover was not happy about it complaining about the company, and still nothing from customer service regarding the price adjustment. Highway robbery!!!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

I enjoyed working with Long Distance Van Lines mainly because of the way they were doing what they do best. I wasn't sure that they were the right people to have in the relocation until after a few minutes of working with them. My belongings were all handled with care to ensure that nothing was damaged in any way. Their service delivery is just out of this world, and you will want them to relocate you when you are moving.

Long Distance Relocation Services expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Long Distance Relocation Services has over 17 years of experience in moving individuals, families and employees all over the country. The company's employees have experience in a variety of services that are helpful for interstate moves.

• Full-service packing: The company offers full-service packing assistance, including white-glove, fragile-only packing and careful packing for valuable or specialty items.

• Different levels: It offers a variety of service levels, from very basic to full-moving services.

• Antique: The company performs a lot of specialty work with antiques and is able to ensure that valuables and precious goods can be transported with ease and safety.

• Protection: It offers protection plans guaranteeing the safety of your belongings, insuring them against loss and damage.

• Communication: People moving long distances often have to be without their belongings for long periods of time while they are being hauled cross-country. Long Distance Relocation Services is easy to contact to get up-to-date information on the status of your move.

• Best for: Households, military families and individuals.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs