4.38/5
Based on 8 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Long Distance Relocation Group is a fully insured full-service long distance moving company located in South Florida. Lond Distance Relocation Group specializes in full-service long-distance moves providing various services such as white-glove care, packing, and both short and long-term storage options. Antique and fragile item packaging is also available.

Read More Read More
Last updated: May 9, 2018

8 Long Distance Relocation Group Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 9, 2018

The movers picked up my things on 4/17/18. Once my things were loaded on the truck, I was told it would be an additional $1500. The reason was because it took up more space than they quoted me. I explained that I told the company exactly what was being shipped (size of the boxes, number of boxes, etc). I stayed within and even slightly under the amount of boxes discussed. The man was very rude telling me I needed to stop wasting his time because he had other pickups scheduled. I tried getting ahold of Eric (the man that setup my job) and could not get him to answer the phone. I then called Tommy (at the main office) and he said to pay them the extra balance for the day and we would work it out once he spoke to his supervisor Ryan.

The only other option was to have my things taken off the truck, still pay for a cancellation fee and forfeit my deposit. That together would have been over $800 down the drain and I only had 2 weeks until I was moving into my place. I decided to continue with the move. They took my things to the warehouse, I spoke many times to Ryan and he continued to tell me there was nothing else they could do. The price magically dropped from $3000 to $2500. So instead of paying an extra $1500 I only had to pay an extra $1000 which is still outrageous. Ryan said that my balance would be $525 for drop off.

The movers came to drop off and said the balance would be $606 and an extra $300 to bring it all the way up to my apartment even though this was discussed prior to my shipment being loaded for delivery. I said absolutely not! I told them to bring it to the first floor and my sisters and I would carry it the rest of the way. This caused a huge delay and my sisters ended up getting to the airport 1 hour later than they should have. Absolute horrible experience from start to finish and I will NEVER use this company again. I advise everyone to find a different moving company, rent a Uhaul, pod or any other option than this company. They are nothing but a scam! I would rather pay more for a different moving company that tells me the real price upfront.

Get expert buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 3, 2018

I started researching a few different movers for my move from Scarsdale to Phoenix. I reached out to a few different companies in the area without receiving any calls back before finding Long Distance Inc. Bob was very helpful from the beginning and was very flexible as I didn't have firm dates or times yet, all I knew was it was going to be within the next two weeks. I didn't want to get jacked for last minute pricing so I was put at ease when Bob let me reserve my service and fill him in on the date later.

My new landlord isn't really good at communicating so I ended up having to call Bob with only a few days notice. I though for sure it wouldn't happen but Bob assured me it wasn't a problem. They schedule my move for Wednesday and got here on time. When the guys arrived they didn't even end up needing a shuttle which I previously that they would. The delivery crew was great and I couldn't have been happier. One of my particle board cheap book cases was a little scratched up but I've had it since college and I knew it wouldn't last. the insurance company was easy to deal with and I'm a happy customer.

Original review: March 3, 2018

I just got my items delivered today and man has this whole situation been interesting. I live in Naples Florida and had to move a storage unit left from my deceased mother in law down here from PA. The kid working at the storage unit told me it was an 5x8 storage unit. I talked with Sammy at Long Distance Inc and he gave me a price to ship the entire contents of the storage unit and take care of any last minute packing. I was glad they quoted in cubic feet because it made getting the price easy without having to go to the storage unit (we knew the dimensions of the unit).

The only problem was that when the movers got to the storage unit the kid who was working at the storage unit made a mistake and my mother in law had a 10x10 rather than a 5x8. I was furious. the manager at the storage unit told me it was the kid's first day and accidentally looked up a different customer. Lucky for us Sammy's supervisor Lawrence was nice enough to discount the additional space and packaging materials needed. Lawrence went the extra mile for us when honestly he didn't have to. They didn't mess up, technically it was on my end, but they still put their best foot forward. I appreciate it guys and will recommend your service to both friends and family.

Original review: March 3, 2018

I used them for my move from Hackensack NJ to Miami FL. I had got 4 quotes from an online search. They were actually the highest price so I almost did not go with them but they looked the best online from all my research. Most of the other moving companies had a bunch of negative reviews about price increase and damages. So I figured if the price was going to go up anyway why not go with the company telling me in advance. At least I could feel I could trust them and they are being honest. Well move day my price did go up about $150 for a bunch of packing material I used but they were very quick and professional. The only reason I gave them 4 stars because their price was the highest. Wish it could be cheaper like the other quotes.

Original review: March 2, 2018

My parents hired Long Distance Inc to move the last of my stuff from their home in CT to my house in Wisconsin. From the beginning the representatives did a great job at coordinating everything between my parents and I. You’d be surprised how hard it can be for us all to get the time to go over everything together (especially being in different states). Sammy did great at keeping us all on the same page.

I personally wasn't at the pick up but my parents said the guys were nice and weren't sketchy. The delivery went smooth. I had specific requirements for delivery because I live in a high rise and had to reserve elevator time. Their driver was good about giving me both 48 and 24 hour notices and arrived within 15 minutes of his scheduled arrival time. They loaded everything into the apartment and after buying the guys lunch they offered to help me hang TVs free of charge. Great service. My parents don't know how to use the internet but promised Sammy they'd write a review so here I am! Thanks guys.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Long Distance Relocation Group?

Original review: March 2, 2018

Our ultimate goal in finding a mover was to get a reasonable price with no headaches. I heard a million bad stories about movers and luckily for us it wasn't a terribly tough decision to make after speaking with both Sammy and his supervisor Patrick at Long Distance Inc. Sammy got me out a reasonable price and was able to give me a military discount. When Abraham and his crew got here they got right to work and did pretty much everything for me. We were moving a 2/2 apt from Jersey City to Brooklyn so it was a pretty quick move. They got here this morning, loaded and packed it all in their truck (which was surprisingly clean my wife adds) and drove to Brooklyn. We needed a little bit of in between time so the crew went for lunch and met us in Brooklyn where they placed all the furniture into the house. Overall the guys delivered on their promises and left me and my wife happy.

Original review: March 2, 2018

Great Moving experience. I can’t complain at all. I had a large move from New Jersey to Florida. I need everything professionally packed. Wrap them down there soon as possible. Well these guys made it happen. Thanks once again. I really appreciate it. If I ever move again I will use Long Distance Relocation Group.

Original review: March 1, 2018

I used Long Distance Relocation Group for my move earlier this month. I initially found out about the company after doing some homework online. They gave me a price and even gave me an option to pack my own boxes to save money. The price was fair and the service described to me was competitive. They were also able to accommodate a not so standard delivery for my items. I had items being delivered in Fort Lauderdale and also in Coral Gables and they didn't fuss about the two delivery stops. All in all my experience was positive. The team was friendly and kept communication open. I would recommend to friends and family.

Long Distance Relocation Group expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Long Distance Relocation Group specializes in long-distance moves for residents in New England and in the greater New York City, Los Angeles and Dallas metropolitan areas. They can help you whether you’re moving across town or across the United States.

• Full-service moving company: Long Distance Relocation Group provides full-service moving for people who don’t want to lift a finger during the moving process. This includes everything from packing up belongings, loading them into the moving truck, driving across the country and unloading at your new destination.

• Specializes in moving antiques: Moving treasured family heirlooms and antiques can be a challenge, especially when those items are fragile. Long Distance Relocation Group has experience moving these types of items, so you can rest assured your grandmother’s treasured painting will arrive at your new home safely and securely.

• Moving for collectors and museums: Long Distance Relocation Group has experience moving treasured pieces of art and other valuables for collectors and museums. They can make deliveries to showrooms, museums, storefronts or anywhere else.

• Temporary storage options: Long Distance Relocation Group has long- and short-term storage options if you need a place to store items while you’re moving from one location to another. They can also help you properly package and wrap your items so they stay safe while they’re in storage.

• Fully licensed and insured nationwide: No matter where you’re moving to in the United States, you can rest assured that Long Distance Relocation Group is licensed and insured there. They offer insurance, with options to add additional coverage. Ask about these options when you call for a quote.

• Best for: those moving out of Massachusetts, Los Angeles, Delaware, Dallas, New York City and Pennsylvania.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs