It's that easy Request Information
3.08/5
Based on 13 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Long Distance Relocation Group is a fully insured full-service long distance moving company located in South Florida. Lond Distance Relocation Group specializes in full-service long-distance moves providing various services such as white-glove care, packing, and both short and long-term storage options. Antique and fragile item packaging is also available.

13 Long Distance Relocation Group Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 3, 2018

Company has been consistently unresponsive since they picked up my household goods. I have been told multiple lies, and have no idea where my goods are, or even if they are going to be delivered. Details below. Filed against: Long Distance Relocation Group Inc 1975 E Sunrise Blvd Fort Lauderdale FL 33304-1433. Company picked up goods in California on 5/17/18. On 6/11/18 spoke. Was told goods were on truck and would be delivered. 7/3/18 no response, no delivery. March 22, 2018 - received quote for moving from Oceanside, Ca to Ocala, Fl. Matt was salesperson - very knowledgeable, claimed to live near Ocala in Palaka, so knew the area.

Claimed that they had load they were picking up in nearby Carlsbad, CA, but had space for small load to go with it. Total quote: $1865.27. Paid $465.00 to reserve pickup. Set the move date for 5/16 - on 5/16, received call that "truck" was broke down in LA, they would come on the following day. 5/17/18 - two young men came with two Budget rental trucks, loaded all of my goods, were very nice - polite. They did state that they would be an additional $700 charge, due to the amount of the stuff I had. I had no problem with that, as I had expected that the original $1865.21 quote was low. I gave them a check for $1930.00, which has been cashed, leaving a balance or $165.00. which I will pay in cash, (if I ever see my goods again).

The original agreement was that they would deliver by 6/10/18. Since I was not going to be at the new location until after that date, I sent the money ahead for their payment, gave them the name of the person to contact, and left for a 3 week trip across country, fully expecting that my goods would be in Ocala when I arrived. On 6/11/18, I contacted the company, requesting an updated delivery date, since I had not heard from them, nor had they delivered. I was told that the goods were being loaded on truck, and driver would call me after had made another delivery. On 6/15/18, which was 21 business days after pickup, and according to the contract, the outside limit of their delivery date, I texted dispatcher, requesting update.

I called the answering service, requesting update. No answer. On 6/15/18, I received a text from dispatcher, stating that the job was loaded and driver will call. He has stop on the way. On 6/19/18 I texted, requesting update on delivery, as I had not heard from driver. Received return text, saying he would call me around noon to see where driver was at now. No call text or email was received. On 6/26/19 I called dispatcher - voicemail was full. I also left message with answering service. I texted dispatcher requesting update, and informing him his voicemail was full. I informed them that if I had not received update, or delivery by Friday, June 29, I would proceed to the next level, placing complaints as needed.

It is now Jul. 3, 2018, I have not heard from the company, nor do I know where my goods are. If they cannot delivery, I need them to tell me where the goods are, so that I can have someone else pick it up and bring it to me, here in Ocala. At this point, I am losing money, since I consigned my business computers and video equipment to this company, and cannot proceed without either a major outlay of money to replace or the existing equipment, which seems to be lost in transit. Your Desired Resolution: Delivery of my household goods, intact, and as soon as possible.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: June 30, 2018

Contracted them to move me from WV to FL. They called me less than 24 hours before my move date and told me they had truck problems. I rescheduled. Then again with less than 24 hrs notice they did it again. Same excuse. They didn't get a 3rd shot at me. BEWARE!

Original review: June 20, 2018

I wish I had done more research prior to hiring this company. Similar to most cases here, this company has proven to me time after time just how unprofessional they are. Sam is who initially quoted me back in April. He was charming and “understanding” of the stresses of moving. He then quoted me a very good price! So I gave them my deposit. I too was told I would receive a phone call 24 hours in advance regarding them coming to NYC to pick up my belongings. It took me calling repeatedly (to try and finally not hear the “all circuits are busy” message on the other line) and speaking to several receptionists to hear that someone was actually going to show up to gather my belongings.

The packing day was fine until the man told me I was $500 over my quoted price. (Seems most others were as well according to this list of complaints!) I too was told about the moving supplies that were being used but they “weren’t charging me for them because they were nice.” My quote says in red writing that moving supplies were included! Then the man says to me “here is your total owed today, tip not included”!!! Implying I should be tipping on top of the additional $500 that I’m now forking over.

So here I am sitting in California now, 1 month without my belongings! I have called almost every day with no answer or no callback. Only twice have I spoken with an actual employee of Long Distance Relocation Group They tell me a different story every time and have no real information on the whereabouts of my belongings. I cannot express to you enough... DO NOT HIRE THIS COMPANY!!!

Original review: June 10, 2018

I recently relocated to the West Coast, and needed something reliable to get me across the country. I researched a bunch of different moving companies and sourced a bunch a quotes, and eventually I was contacted by Long Distance Relocation Group before my planned move, and was given what I thought initially to be a reasonable estimate for a cross-country move by a sales rep named Sam. They were not the cheapest, but as explained to me via phone, their rates reflected a lack of hidden fees that moving companies are known for. I would later learn the hard way that they also play with the same dirty tactics as their competition.

The days leading up to the move, one of my most pressing questions was always "I'll be getting a call beforehand right?" as I no longer lived at the apartment where my things were. I was always assured that I'd get at least 24 hours notice before, and 30-60 minutes heads up. The day of the move, I received a text message out of the blue that they had arrived. 40 minutes after the text had been sent. No call beforehand, no attempt at a follow up. I rushed over as soon as I caught the text to meet the movers, and overall, the loading of the truck went smoothly.

However, I was told by the foreman that despite my load being under what Sam quoted (24 standard boxes instead of 30) that I was above the limit, which is impossible having packed moving trucks for trade shows for the past 10 years. When I asked the foreman to walk me through how he calculates your cubic feet, his reply was merely "It's above the line, but not all the way above", and he then proceeded to calculate some arbitrary numbers that included a surprise materials fee (the only materials they used of theirs were shrink wrap, tape, and blankets, which based on Sam and his associate Tommy's discussions, were included in the estimate.)

My final invoice came out to be $2065.75, which was more than $500 over what I was quoted initially. This was far outside of my budget on a job that was already pushing my budget to the limit. When we spoke, I told him I understood that I'm willing to pay a little more than the less expensive movers quoted me, since he all had such great reviews. I signed the papers, exhausted by the move and everything that led up to it, and resigned myself to deal with it with a manager afterwards. I sent out a follow up to Sam documenting my experience and my dissatisfaction. It took a second follow up email and a total of 10 days before I received a response from Sam, which was as follows: "What are you even trying to say right now?" I followed up with a very brief and direct summary of my experience and what I wanted, some kind of discount to clear the balance, with no reply. Shocking!

More than 2 weeks later, I received a call from Adrian, the driver in LA, saying they had arrived, but would have to charge me $300 more to delivery because they couldn't get an 18-wheeler down my street. I had been asked about this in NY by the foreman on site, and I told him that the street was too narrow and asked him if there was any additional charge or concern I should be worried about. His answer was NO. Needless to say, I was beyond frustrated at the games they were playing with not only my possessions, but my money as well!

Adrian said he'd park somewhere and I could pick up myself, which is not what I paid for, but in the interest of being done with this nightmare, I agreed. I got to the storage facility (located an hour away) and arrived to find my things off the truck and visibly disheveled. Boxes were crushed and open, the handles on my antique dresser were off and I was told "it's OK, they should screw back in". Additionally, I was told I had to give them a certified check (something not discussed prior, especially since the NY foreman who picked up my things told me a personal check was fine). I was also told by Adrian that if I didn't give them the balance, that they would leave my things at the storage facility. Not packed away, just in the open to be picked through by whomever chose to visit.

I spoke with the operations manager Ryan several times, both via text and afterwards via email, to request some kind of discount or compensation for not only the outrageous additional charges but also for my damaged goods, which I also sent pictures of as well. I have not received any reply since picking up the things I had paid over $2000 to have delivered. I'm both saddened though validated seeing someone else has had a similar experience as I post this, and hopefully our shared experiences can prevent more people from being scammed by this company!

Original review: June 4, 2018

I am extremely unhappy with the service and the transparency of this company. When I first spoke with Jon, he priced out several quotes with my items that came out to be roughly $3,000. Not once he did mention that my quotes could DOUBLE in cost due to the volume of my items. If he had be honest about the volume impacting the cost or could have provided a more true quote, I would have taken my business elsewhere. I was also trying to get my belongings across the country as soon as possible as I have already started a new job and wanted to be settled as quick as possible. I understand that your policy is 14-21 days however, Jon said that he got approval from his boss to expedite my shipment to arrive by the 26th. This was another reason why I didn't look for a cheaper service.

I understand that Jon was out due to personal reasons however, I tried for several weeks to get in contact with him and not once did someone else try to return my emails or phone calls. This is all unacceptable. Additionally, I just received a phone call stating my belongings won't arrive until next week which is over the 21 days. I am beyond frustrated that I was put an unreasonable financial situation with the quote coming out to be double the estimate as well being without my things passed the 21 day quote. I now have to spend more money that I don't have on items to survive like clothing, pots and pans, etc. until my things arrive since I only packed things I thought I would need for the length of time that Jon told me he got approval to expedite.

Once I was finally able to get on the phone with Ryan and confirm that what Jon told me was not only false but he failed to mention anything about volume to me. Ryan told me that the truck leaving Virginia was a direct ship to California. After the second call to me, Ryan told me that the truck was now stopping in two other cities prior to California. I cannot get a truthful answer out of anyone from this company. This is completed unacceptable that the only discount for being constantly deceived is $500. I was told by Ryan earlier this week that he said I should have my stuff by Monday. Every time I speak with someone, I get a different and worse story. Today is Monday and I was told that it is going to take two to three more days. No one should use this company as they are dishonest and be sure to get everything in writing.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Long Distance Relocation Group?

Original review: May 9, 2018

The movers picked up my things on 4/17/18. Once my things were loaded on the truck, I was told it would be an additional $1500. The reason was because it took up more space than they quoted me. I explained that I told the company exactly what was being shipped (size of the boxes, number of boxes, etc). I stayed within and even slightly under the amount of boxes discussed. The man was very rude telling me I needed to stop wasting his time because he had other pickups scheduled. I tried getting ahold of Eric (the man that setup my job) and could not get him to answer the phone. I then called Tommy (at the main office) and he said to pay them the extra balance for the day and we would work it out once he spoke to his supervisor Ryan.

The only other option was to have my things taken off the truck, still pay for a cancellation fee and forfeit my deposit. That together would have been over $800 down the drain and I only had 2 weeks until I was moving into my place. I decided to continue with the move. They took my things to the warehouse, I spoke many times to Ryan and he continued to tell me there was nothing else they could do. The price magically dropped from $3000 to $2500. So instead of paying an extra $1500 I only had to pay an extra $1000 which is still outrageous. Ryan said that my balance would be $525 for drop off.

The movers came to drop off and said the balance would be $606 and an extra $300 to bring it all the way up to my apartment even though this was discussed prior to my shipment being loaded for delivery. I said absolutely not! I told them to bring it to the first floor and my sisters and I would carry it the rest of the way. This caused a huge delay and my sisters ended up getting to the airport 1 hour later than they should have. Absolute horrible experience from start to finish and I will NEVER use this company again. I advise everyone to find a different moving company, rent a Uhaul, pod or any other option than this company. They are nothing but a scam! I would rather pay more for a different moving company that tells me the real price upfront.

Original review: March 3, 2018

I started researching a few different movers for my move from Scarsdale to Phoenix. I reached out to a few different companies in the area without receiving any calls back before finding Long Distance Inc. Bob was very helpful from the beginning and was very flexible as I didn't have firm dates or times yet, all I knew was it was going to be within the next two weeks. I didn't want to get jacked for last minute pricing so I was put at ease when Bob let me reserve my service and fill him in on the date later.

My new landlord isn't really good at communicating so I ended up having to call Bob with only a few days notice. I though for sure it wouldn't happen but Bob assured me it wasn't a problem. They schedule my move for Wednesday and got here on time. When the guys arrived they didn't even end up needing a shuttle which I previously that they would. The delivery crew was great and I couldn't have been happier. One of my particle board cheap book cases was a little scratched up but I've had it since college and I knew it wouldn't last. the insurance company was easy to deal with and I'm a happy customer.

Original review: March 3, 2018

I just got my items delivered today and man has this whole situation been interesting. I live in Naples Florida and had to move a storage unit left from my deceased mother in law down here from PA. The kid working at the storage unit told me it was an 5x8 storage unit. I talked with Sammy at Long Distance Inc and he gave me a price to ship the entire contents of the storage unit and take care of any last minute packing. I was glad they quoted in cubic feet because it made getting the price easy without having to go to the storage unit (we knew the dimensions of the unit).

The only problem was that when the movers got to the storage unit the kid who was working at the storage unit made a mistake and my mother in law had a 10x10 rather than a 5x8. I was furious. the manager at the storage unit told me it was the kid's first day and accidentally looked up a different customer. Lucky for us Sammy's supervisor Lawrence was nice enough to discount the additional space and packaging materials needed. Lawrence went the extra mile for us when honestly he didn't have to. They didn't mess up, technically it was on my end, but they still put their best foot forward. I appreciate it guys and will recommend your service to both friends and family.

Original review: March 3, 2018

I used them for my move from Hackensack NJ to Miami FL. I had got 4 quotes from an online search. They were actually the highest price so I almost did not go with them but they looked the best online from all my research. Most of the other moving companies had a bunch of negative reviews about price increase and damages. So I figured if the price was going to go up anyway why not go with the company telling me in advance. At least I could feel I could trust them and they are being honest. Well move day my price did go up about $150 for a bunch of packing material I used but they were very quick and professional. The only reason I gave them 4 stars because their price was the highest. Wish it could be cheaper like the other quotes.

Original review: March 2, 2018

My parents hired Long Distance Inc to move the last of my stuff from their home in CT to my house in Wisconsin. From the beginning the representatives did a great job at coordinating everything between my parents and I. You’d be surprised how hard it can be for us all to get the time to go over everything together (especially being in different states). Sammy did great at keeping us all on the same page.

I personally wasn't at the pick up but my parents said the guys were nice and weren't sketchy. The delivery went smooth. I had specific requirements for delivery because I live in a high rise and had to reserve elevator time. Their driver was good about giving me both 48 and 24 hour notices and arrived within 15 minutes of his scheduled arrival time. They loaded everything into the apartment and after buying the guys lunch they offered to help me hang TVs free of charge. Great service. My parents don't know how to use the internet but promised Sammy they'd write a review so here I am! Thanks guys.

Original review: March 2, 2018

Our ultimate goal in finding a mover was to get a reasonable price with no headaches. I heard a million bad stories about movers and luckily for us it wasn't a terribly tough decision to make after speaking with both Sammy and his supervisor Patrick at Long Distance Inc. Sammy got me out a reasonable price and was able to give me a military discount. When Abraham and his crew got here they got right to work and did pretty much everything for me. We were moving a 2/2 apt from Jersey City to Brooklyn so it was a pretty quick move. They got here this morning, loaded and packed it all in their truck (which was surprisingly clean my wife adds) and drove to Brooklyn. We needed a little bit of in between time so the crew went for lunch and met us in Brooklyn where they placed all the furniture into the house. Overall the guys delivered on their promises and left me and my wife happy.

Original review: March 2, 2018

Great Moving experience. I can’t complain at all. I had a large move from New Jersey to Florida. I need everything professionally packed. Wrap them down there soon as possible. Well these guys made it happen. Thanks once again. I really appreciate it. If I ever move again I will use Long Distance Relocation Group.

Original review: March 1, 2018

I used Long Distance Relocation Group for my move earlier this month. I initially found out about the company after doing some homework online. They gave me a price and even gave me an option to pack my own boxes to save money. The price was fair and the service described to me was competitive. They were also able to accommodate a not so standard delivery for my items. I had items being delivered in Fort Lauderdale and also in Coral Gables and they didn't fuss about the two delivery stops. All in all my experience was positive. The team was friendly and kept communication open. I would recommend to friends and family.

Long Distance Relocation Group expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Long Distance Relocation Group specializes in long-distance moves for residents in New England and in the greater New York City, Los Angeles and Dallas metropolitan areas. They can help you whether you’re moving across town or across the United States.

• Full-service moving company: Long Distance Relocation Group provides full-service moving for people who don’t want to lift a finger during the moving process. This includes everything from packing up belongings, loading them into the moving truck, driving across the country and unloading at your new destination.

• Specializes in moving antiques: Moving treasured family heirlooms and antiques can be a challenge, especially when those items are fragile. Long Distance Relocation Group has experience moving these types of items, so you can rest assured your grandmother’s treasured painting will arrive at your new home safely and securely.

• Moving for collectors and museums: Long Distance Relocation Group has experience moving treasured pieces of art and other valuables for collectors and museums. They can make deliveries to showrooms, museums, storefronts or anywhere else.

• Temporary storage options: Long Distance Relocation Group has long- and short-term storage options if you need a place to store items while you’re moving from one location to another. They can also help you properly package and wrap your items so they stay safe while they’re in storage.

• Fully licensed and insured nationwide: No matter where you’re moving to in the United States, you can rest assured that Long Distance Relocation Group is licensed and insured there. They offer insurance, with options to add additional coverage. Ask about these options when you call for a quote.

• Best for: those moving out of Massachusetts, Los Angeles, Delaware, Dallas, New York City and Pennsylvania.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs