4.66/5
Based on 1,419 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Since 1952, Link Interactive allows you to take control over the security of your home. We offer systems that give you the highest level of protection at an affordable price.

Our custom settings allow you to control your home in the palm of your hand. Visit our website to watch video demos of our unique products!

Link Interactive Video
Link Interactive Gallery (4)
A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 18, 2018

1419 Link Interactive Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 18, 2018

Link Interactive's salesmen were not pushy. They answered all the questions that I had and helped me with comparing themselves to the other companies that I was looking at. I told them what I wanted, how many sensors or how many extras, then I asked for a quote. They offered the right price for what I needed and no extras that I didn’t need. The system was totally customized and the self-installation was straightforward and super easy. Then, I called them to activate it and it was after hours but we were able to activate it right away. In general, they have a good customer service. I only talk to one person and she is super helpful and friendly. Also, the system's functionality is great and it’s comparative to the price. It’s worth what I paid for it. I feel safer when leaving the house and they're not spamming me with junk mail. It’s a good company with quality products and well put together security system.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

I already had a home security system and I was changing my monitoring company. I decided to go with Link Interactive because of their overall customer service and price. The initial sales was with Leland and he was very thorough and patient. And their customer reps explained pretty much everything that I needed to know and they were able to answer pretty much any question that I’ve had so far. Customer service has been very personalized, thorough, and helpful. The features of the system include standard features like the door locks. But I probably use the smartphone features the most because it's convenient. Also, the equipment is good quality and I’m pretty happy with how my package is now. And the system functions as pretty as however I needed to.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

I had an issue with ADT, which I had for 10 years, that they got us a fine. I hired them to put an alarm in my house and I pay them to monitor it. But they never registered my alarm. They never told me I had to register that alarm with the county which resulted in a $175 fine. And they didn’t want to pay it for us. They're no good over there and it wasn't just that, there was always an issue. Like you can make a phone call, change something on your account, and it just doesn’t get changed. It’s a badly run company and it’s overpriced. There’s nothing proprietary about it. We had no choice but to leave. But we were not getting rid of the alarm. It's not a temporary thing. To us, the theory is that you live in a house, you have an alarm. We looked for a different company and switched to Link Interactive.

Everyone has the same product. They all use and resell Alarm.com’s product and put their logos on it. Basically, Alarm.com is the one that’s issuing me the app to control the alarm via phone. They all use the same hardware and use the Qolsys panels. So, the hardware on any alarm system you use is going to be the same, even my ADT alarm. You're not going to get anything different by going to a different company. So, it came down to pricing and Link had the cheapest price for home automation/home monitoring. Not only did we get the monitoring but we were able to do the lights, and the thermostats if you want and the video cameras. ADT charges $50 a month for that and the other ones that I came across when I was looking for a new alarm system varied from Link. But Link gave me a monthly fee that’s $6 cheaper than everybody else. Plus, they gave us a good deal on a new panel.

They have a package of three door sensors, a motion sensor, and a panel but they could have been a little bit more helpful. Instead of giving me three doors and one motion, I would have taken two motions and no doors. It would have been more helpful if I could tell them what I want but they won't do it. Price-wise, they were still made out because they were giving me the less dollar. And I was able to keep all my sensors and I just moved it over to the new panel. I signed the contract with them so I'm locked in for three years and we’ve been paying 31 up to 40 a month.

It was fairly easy with their customer service reps but the hours of operation could be better. They’re not available on Sunday’s unlike with ADT where you can call pretty much anytime you want and there would someone there to help you. That’s one thing I didn’t like. But if you call them there in the middle of business hours, they answer the phone really quick. There’s no wait time and they help you. And they’re smart. Every single person I spoke to understands the way their system works which is good. You can call with an issue and if it still doesn’t work, you call back, they’ll pick up where you left off, and they understand the way it works. They understand what your issue was. So, they’re really good with communication and I was happy with that.

I installed everything myself and it was easy. I did it on the phone with them and it was fairly simple. They showed me how to do one and I did the rest of them. It’s something the average person should be able to do fairly easy. But if you can’t, they answer the phone and they tell you what to do. They’re there if you need help which is good. But I have some pieces from my old unit that don’t work with the new unit. 95% of the stuff is not compatible like my water leak sensors and I wish they would have known that. Maybe we could have worked out a deal when I was signing up at that point. I would like to think that they just didn't know any better as opposed to thinking that they didn’t tell me just to get me on board.

Compared to my old system, it’s night and day. It went from old technology to cutting edge which to me is great. I love it and the equipment is perfect. And the cost is one thing I’m definitely happy about them. I'm paying less and I have newer technology. I would recommend Link Interactive. But if you’re paying $29 for the same service, stay where you are. There’s no reason to pay more. If comparing apples to apples, there’s no reason to change unless you’re having an inferior product and you want to change it.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

Link Interactive's home security system was affordable. Their reps were helpful and pleasant to talk to, and they were able to give me anything I needed. The installation instructions could have been a little bit more detailed. Also, syncing the items to the IQ panel is a little difficult. But other than that, the installation was easy. I customized my package a little bit and I added a window sensor and window break. I also use the smartphone features and it's cool. I like that I can disarm and arm everything off of my phone. The quality of some of the stuff could have been a lot better, though. Since some of the sensors look a little cheap, it should have been a little bit cheaper like $30 a month. Still, I feel good about having Link Interactive.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

We did research and Link Interactive seemed pretty user-friendly. And we did a self-install, that was what we were looking for. It's easy to set up. However, there's a couple of problems with some of the equipment. First, I had a faulty fire alarm that caused us actual alarm to be set off and fire department showed up. That was the biggest thing. But I called, disarmed it and then I came back to work. And when I got back home, I called and I was like,"Hey, this is what happened." And they helped walk me through getting it corrected. I haven't had any problem with it since. Second, I had a faulty window detector. It was reading the window was open when it was closed and I swapped the battery out and that was it. Outside of those two problems, everything was fine. And if I needed any help with anything, they're more than happy to help.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Link Interactive?

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

I just moved into a new house and I feel great with my decision to go through with Link Interactive. They offer top-of-the-line technology versus competitors. Our system has a touch screen and all of the standard sensors that you would see in any other home security system, wireless door sensors, window sensors and motion sensors. I also added some smoke alarms. Plus they use Alarm.com’s technology so it's great. The system was a do-it-yourself so the installation was easy. We feel secure with the equipment, especially my wife.

They were easy to work with too. The sales rep kept me updated and was very thorough in communications. We spoke most of the times over the phone and we also had a lot of our interaction over email. Their customer service is much better than my previous provider's as well. They were able to conduct some testing over the intercom and the test screen when I wanted to on demand. They were very supportive and able to do that for me over the phone.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

I had been shopping around for home security systems because there's been an increase in crime in the area that I live in. Also, I have medical issues and I wanted to make sure that I don't have to wait to get the emergency I need should I need them because the phone service we have in this area uses cellular technology, and it always has my phone number associated with communities 80 to 100 miles away from where I actually live. I found a website that listed top 10 alarm service companies, and Link Interactive was number three on that list and it was within the affordable price range. So I called them and I was pleased with the attentiveness of the customer service and the products that were available.

Everyone I talked to was extremely helpful, and they answered any questions that I had. There was no high-pressured salesmanship. Everybody was pretty mellow. I was very certain about what I wanted, so calling them was just a matter of asking what we needed to do to get it set up. I did the self-install and it was pretty easy. The only thing that I needed the systems with was the actual making sure that all of the internal programming aspects of it were set. Many of them were preset before I got the equipment, but I wanted something fine-tuned and specific to what my needs were and also the size of my living quarters. So we did that, and it was a little bit more time-consuming because there were a lot of screens that I had to get through on the control panel. Then I had to enter in certain variables as told to me by customer technical support.

I have a key fob and there is a button that’s just an asterisk, so I asked Link Interactive if there was any use for that, and they said, “No. That’s just sort of an extra button at this point. The company is trying to figure out what to do with it.” I told them that it would be helpful for me since I'm using that as an all-purpose device. I have that with me at the end of the night when I retire and it's sort of a panic button.

I told Link Interactive that it would be a good way if they could program it to be strictly EMS, so if that’s pressed, they're getting an immediate call similar to the panic button system. I didn’t go with the panic button only because I already wear a set of dog tags that are medical alert on a ball chain. I also have a religious metal I wear, and I don’t want to add another device around my neck. The key fob was something that I thought I could bring with me wherever. If I'm in another room or in the shower, I could just place it on the sink and I could reach it if I needed help. My needs are fairly simple and I'm satisfied with what I have available to me. Everybody that I spoke with at Link Interactive was extremely polite and very easy to work with. They did not make me feel like I was infringing on anybody's lunch time.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

I got Link as a replacement for my other system. The main reason we went with Link Interactive was because they were the cheapest or they had the best deal on hardware and stuff. For what I wanted or what we needed to replace our old system, some of the major vendors wanted $1,000 where Link only wanted $100 upfront. And it was easier to set up payments and stuff. It's worth the money.

Their system is more intuitive and there's a lot more features. They have an Apple watch app where I can arm my security system when I'm leaving my house without having to get my phone out. It's simple and easy to use. I showed my wife how to use it. Their app is a lot better and more up to date than the other security system that I had. The interactions have been relatively easy with their rep, and I haven't had any issues as far as them hounding me with calls or trying to sell me a bunch of stuff that I didn’t want. I told them what I needed and they gave me exactly what I needed. I set everything up myself. Everything came in on the day that they said it would come in, as far as it being shipped out. Everything was pretty self-explanatory to set up and install. I love all the features of the system and they're all really nice. I chose a package that was already set up and everything that I needed was there. It has topnotch quality and I'd recommend them.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

I love my Link Interactive system. Link was not the only one that I was researching and had contacted but I liked that Link had the flexibility in the contract that I needed. And I wanted a home security system not necessarily for when I'm away. I and my kids are at home most of the time because my husband works a lot. He travels a lot. So, it is a peace of mind for when I and my children are at home.

Link's customer service reps treated me great. They offered up information that I didn't even think about to even ask. There was one gentleman who really helped me out with my installation. We talked on the phone for 15 minutes. He sent me photos and I sent him photos to show me how to set up my sensors with crown molding and everything. He was extremely patient with me. Even the young lady that I spoke with when I first started researching Link Interactive, was very helpful, informative, and very upfront.

My system does exactly what I purchased it to do. I feel safe and it's easy to use. My eight-year-old son knows how to arm and disarm the system. And when I'm away from my house, the ability to arm and disarm from my cell phone is amazing. The system is a do-it-yourself and it's simple. And I put sensors on myself. And if I can do it, anybody can do it. I would definitely tell a friend that Link Interactive is one of the best out there. I have a good feeling that if something was to happen in my house, Link would be on it. And I also like the two-way call where Link can speak to me through my system. It's very cool.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

We haven’t had a security system in our house, and I wanted to see how it works. Link is one of the highest rated, and is also DIY, so I went with them, and their customer service was very good. Their system was DIY, and it was easy for me since I’m a network engineer who builds networks. They the latest technology as far as the panel goes. They have the new IQQ panel, and I like the features. On the surface, it seems to be good, however, we’ve already had a problem with it. It went out, and they’re sending up another one. So, that has been resolved. Other than that, Link has the best price, and their support is really good.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

We moved to a new home and wanted to get a security system for it. I looked at online reviews which helped me narrow down the list of companies. I called those companies and were getting quotes and comparing the services, and Link Interactive was the cheapest and had more features, too. After getting a quote and talking about things with my wife and once we were on the same page of yes, we moved forward with getting a security system. The person I talked to at Link Interactive when I was getting a quote was really great. He was able to customize things to what the house needs and gave me some good discount and incentives as well. So, he did a really great job. And the process of getting everything set up was as it should be, and everything in the mail got sent to me.

Our system was a self-install one, so I just plugged the tablet interface type of thing into a wall outlet, and set up the motion sensors, and put on the door sensors as well. We have three cats and we’re still trying to work on the motion sensors. There are different sides to motion sensors, and we put them all along the higher settings, so the smaller animals wouldn’t set them off. But if we put it on the away mode, our cats seem to keep setting off some of the sensors.

We’ve moved around some of the sensors to try to put them in areas where the cats may not frequent as much, but that’s still an issue that we are having. We didn’t start doing the monitoring for a while, for at least a few months while we’re trying to work this out just because of that issue, and we still haven't really found a great solution to it. We’ve been trying to do a few trial and error things on our own first to see if we could just figure it out. But since we haven't been able to do that for a few weeks, I will be reaching to somebody at Link Interactive. Besides the cat issue turning on the motion sensors, everything has been working well.

I like most of our system's features. The sensors were really nice and easy to install. The user interface with the touchscreen is nice, too. It’s all in color which our previous one didn’t have. It would be great if there’s a way to turn down the volume of the sounds or the beeps when you’re hitting anything on there, but I can do silent features with it. My wife and I both have the smartphone app. So, that way, we can get notifications, and we use it if we want to turn on or arm the system. I set up alerts, so if for whatever reason our system isn’t armed by 8 AM, we’ll get a notification, that way we can turn it on from our phone. So, we like that.

Having to have all the equipment, all the sensors for the doors and the motion sensors and the user interface, I was shocked at how competitively priced it was compared to other systems that I was looking at. So, it was great. The monthly monitoring is pretty much what other companies are offering, so there wasn’t too much of a difference there, but Link really excelled in the upfront cost of the installation of all the hardware. Since having Link in our home, we have more peace of mind. My wife and I, we have different weekend schedules. So, there are days when she’s just home by herself and she gets freaked out if she’s at home by herself. But I don’t worry as much and she doesn’t seem to worry as much.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

We had a burglary in this house. Before that, we had big dogs and we never really worried about being broken into. But we had a dog die recently and the other dog was still there, but the burglars brought the dog in with them when they broke into our house and also broke down our backdoor. It was bit disconcerting and it changed the way we looked at things.

So the next day, my wife did some research and we got an alarm system right away. Link Interactive was in the top 5 on whatever list she looked at. We also looked at what we needed versus what we have to get and pay for, and Link was cheaper than what my neighbors have. There was a lot more product than we needed but Link offered stuff that was better for us, so we went with them. Also, their packages were dialed down enough that we weren’t getting extra products. We didn't need to automate the whole house since it's small so, it was nice that we could have very simplistic and useful features.

I talked to their salesperson a little bit and there were a few preliminary questions. Then he started asking us how many doors and windows we had, and what did we want to include to our security system. After we let him know, he told us how much it was going to cost and what the process would be. I asked him some questions about how they would install the equipment and he let us know that it was simple to do. Then we asked for some extra signs and stickers to put around the house and the yard. He provided that to us at no extra charge, so, that was really nice. He also said that he's got Link at his home, too, and talked about his experience.

But mostly, what we really liked about Link is that, my parents and brother have ADT and our neighbors have something different, and they all pay a lot more for the same thing that we're getting. So, we were happy that Link is a really high quality and we’re not having to pay a whole lot for it. We’re paying 30 bucks a month whereas the other competitors that were right up in the top 5 with them was twice that or more.

So far, we like our Link Interactive security system. The stuff showed up five days after we ordered and the installation was easy. The equipment came with a short book that walked us through it, plus, the monitor itself helped us with the installation. When we ordered it, they asked us to name all the different doors and windows so they set all that stuff up before they sent the equipment to us. We also got all the sensors listed. They all had numbers on them and those numbers correspond to a sheet that they gave us in the package that said where they’re supposed to go. The only problem we had was when one of the sensors didn’t want to stick to the binding agent that was bound to the wall. So, I did something different to do it.

A week after I had it all set up, I called Link and activated their monitoring. That was real simple to do. The system has been working well since then. My wife once did a bypass so that we could have a window cracked open while it was armed and that was fine. Then, I went through the interface at one point and changed the designation of one of the doors so that it could have a delay on it. Other than that, the system is pretty straightforward. We just push the button and arm it, then come in and turn it off. We also don’t have anything extraordinary or extravagant in the house so I don’t have it set it up on my phone that I can actively monitor. I see the email come through, so I know if it goes off or not, and that's enough.

The quality of the equipment also seems good. But in one of our doors where I had to put the sensor in a funny spot, the magnet came off after a couple of weeks of installing. But the alarm wasn’t on or anything when it did it and we were home. Other than that, we had no problems with the system and we've had no false alarms. There are signs up in the yard now and we’re not concerned anymore about the burglary happening again. It’s possible, but Link will to stop everybody from breaking in.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

Link Interactive's service is better and more convenient for the same price compared to Time Warner cable that I had before. The saleswoman was a very nice person and was able to help me out with all the questions I had. Same experience as when I talked to someone at customer service about some settings on the panel. He did a good job.

I like the system so far. I did the installation by myself, and it was easy and simple. I just followed the instructions, and everything was good. It's a good, reliable system with nice features. I use the app almost every day and it is working fine. I might get some more features in the future, like cameras. I need to get more details on how the Bluetooth works in terms of communicating with the panel though. I guess the phone is supposed to deactivate the alarm using the Bluetooth, but sometimes it doesn’t seem to work. So I was going to call customer service and see if they can give me a better information on how to use it.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

I love Link Interactive and they're a lot cheaper. The customer service rep Emily was good, really nice, and told me about the 30-day free. She explained everything and she let me know about some of the features online that I could use if I had any questions. Setting up the installation was easy but I had to call Link one time because I did it with email. Then they called me because my sensors were too far apart from each other. They were able to tell me how to fix it and everything went fine. It was simple and quick.

For the original alarm system, I didn't have to buy it and I can lease it. But the representative explained I have to buy the cameras straight out if I wanted them. I use the smartphone features and I love it because sometimes when I forget to set my alarm or if I'm already resting then I don't need to go back and I can set my alarm without being there. Most definitely, my home is safe because it's being protected even when I'm not there. And when I'm in the house, I feel safer in the evenings. I've recommended to my friends that having Link is really easy especially if one doesn't want to pay installation fees.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

The previous owner of the house we live in had the Link Interactive system installed, and they told me they were happy with it. I also considered other vendors but the price was lower for Link. I had a phone call where the reps explained everything to me, and then there was a few follow up emails. When I decided to go with them, we had a longer phone call where they set up everything for me. So, when I got the box, everything was labeled already.

I asked for smoke detectors connected to a central phone line, where if we're not home, they call and check. The fire department shows up if I don't pick up the phone and I don't say everything is fine. But with that came all the rest, like the motion sensor. Those things were included in the Link package. I have the system installed, tested and it's working. I had to pull up the sensor on the door and the smoke detectors myself, and the motions sensor where I wanted it to be. Other than that, the system was already set up. It took two hours to do everything and test the system, and it was easy. It's cheap and it works.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

I had a break-in so I looked for a home security system and Link was a recommendation by a neighbor who is anal like myself. I know that if he bought something, he had done research on it, and it's probably a good thing. I didn’t have any issues with Link's sales rep. I had a lot of information and had follow-up phone calls made to me. I didn’t know that it was as easy as I was expecting. The toughest part we had was getting the thermostat program into the panel and get that functioning properly. We seemed to struggle with that a little bit, as well as adding a tilt sensor after the fact to my package.

The features of the system are very good. However, I don’t think they can provide any live video. I know I can get a snap picture with my motion sensor with the camera, but there's never any ability to get a live video or a live picture. It probably wouldn't be an unlimited version of that but some type of minutes of live viewing included into your monthly fee would be cool. The appearance of their equipment looked good. Time will tell about its quality though, since it is still brand new. Also, we are excited that we got the app to be able to control the temperature in the house. We didn’t get any lighting options but I know I could add lighting options to the app to turn lights on. The upfront cost for the whole product is fine. However, the monitoring fee is a little bit higher than I think it should be based on what's out there in the market. Nevertheless, Link's system gave me peace of mind and I would recommend Link for sure.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

We didn’t have a security system, so I decided to get one, and Link Interactive was the cheapest. Their customer service was good. Everything was good and self-explanatory, but she called me a couple of times to make sure that I understood exactly what I wanted, and we went from there. She worked out for me to be able to finance the whole system someday. I got the indoor camera, doorbell, and four sensors. I installed the system myself, and the instructions were good. The only problem was, our camera had a spaz attack on the first rainstorm.

I called them, and they weren’t too sure what to do. But, one of the ladies told me that she will call the manufacturer, and that it was not them but the camera. Other than that, they provide good quality service. I feel calmer having the system because my kids have babies, and now I can look at them and see if they’re doing something they’re not supposed to be doing, as well as to make sure that the door is locked. Link has a very easy, do-it-yourself system that you can control. It is also simple, if you are in a hurry.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

I got a replacement home security system from Link Interactive and I hope they're superior compared to my old one. But initially everything seems to be good. Their sales rep was extremely informative and helpful, and probably the primary reason why I went with Link. Hopefully, the rest of the company will follow suit. I did a lot of research and I ended up zeroing on Link Interactive products. The installation was fairly straightforward since it was not the first alarm system that I've installed. I like their smart phone features too, it's a step up from what I had. The only thing I didn’t get was an external siren. But the cost seems to be on par with the quality of their product. I feel comfortable and I'm glad I've got the system. I've been pleased and I would recommend them based on my experience so far.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

I already had a home security system and I wanted one that I could do a little bit more features with and Link had what I wanted it to do. I ordered everything online. Called them up, told them to activate everything and it went through. I had a little problem with one of my sensors, they sent one out right away. There's only one feature I don’t like, and that's the garage door sensor. It's like a cheap window sensor. It just has a little spring inside and the previous one I had, was on the actual door itself. It had a little sensor on the concrete too. However, the quality of Link's security equipment is pretty good. The sensors are pretty much like everybody else in the industry right now. I use the their smartphone features too all the time. But the Z-Wave seems to not always work all the time for my front door lock. I've installed nine cameras too so the house is pretty secured. I've already referred people to Link.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

I've had a home security for a while and I wanted one that was interactive. The one that I had wasn’t. I was out searching and came across Link. I must have filled out something, but very shortly, I received a phone call from Link. Their sales rep was very knowledgeable and cooperative. He mentioned to me that they, at one time, have been endorsed by Costco. I'm a member of Costco so that’s one of the reasons why I signed up with them. I made the decision on the first telephone call, which was unusual for me but I liked the vibes that I was getting.

I had to have another person to come in to install the computer system of the SIM card. I didn’t feel comfortable doing that. That was the downside of dealing with Link because I had a local company where a person would come in to do everything. Also, I got an interactive combination lock that had to be installed. I had to have another gentleman come in and install that. But I had someone with me the entire time on the phone from Link walking him through that. If there were questions I had, even though they were far away, they answered all of the questions that we had during the installation period.

Through the Link system, I have the ability to arm and disarm my system remotely, which is what I didn’t have with the other company. I have the combination lock on the door. Our grandsons live within a walking distance of our house, so that was real attractive because they know that they can come in without having a key. Those two things were probably the most attractive things about it. I will probably get cameras ultimately. Link has that except that that was not a part of my package right now. When I'm away and my wife gets home, I know that she's home because I look at my cell phone, and I know that the system has been disarmed. That’s good since I didn’t have that ability before.

Moreover, I love their smartphone features. Their cost is good too. It is about what I was paying with the other company with the exception that they were going to raise my rates and I didn’t feel that I was getting enough of my money for them to raise the rates. Everything has been good up to this point with the Link system. But it would be nice for them to have an affiliate on the East Coast. I would recommend them.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

I already a different system through Alarm.com with a local company but I liked Link so I switched over. The cost is cheaper than what I've seen with other companies. The customer service is pretty great. I got all the assistance that I needed and they're pretty precise and helpful. And if I had any questions, they ended up answering them. I did the installation and it was simple. I knew how to do it.I also had an easy transition. With Link we feel like someone's monitoring my service unlike before when I tripped an alarm I won't get a phone call or anything. At least with Link I feel confident that if something did happen, I would get notified.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

I got broken into six months ago and I didn't have a home security system at that time. Installing the Link system was easy overall. The guy I dealt with was named Sam and he was good. He gave me the links and he knew his stuff well. I have two different units and I thought about how I wanted to have it configured, and I added one camera in each place. I sleep better now for sure. Anybody that I know, I tell them to use Link.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

My parent's house got robbed. We Googled security companies and our online research said Link was the best so far. Customer service helped us walk through the set up, and everyone was nice to us. We installed the materials and then we called them to see what else we needed to do. We've got a motion sensor, glass breaker, window sensor and a nice panel that we could adjust settings on. It's very flexible. Also, the smartphone features are good to use. However, when someone rings the doorbell, it takes a few seconds to pull up the camera. I wish that it was a little bit faster, but it might depend on the Wi-Fi or the connection. There's also an additional pricing for each camera, and I hoped we could have gotten one or two more cameras with the same price. But so far Link has been good to us, and I feel secure since we've had it.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

I had a house broken into a while back so I purchased a home security system for peace of mind. I tried Vivint for a little while but the cost was a little bit too much. Link Interactive is associated with Costco so I went with them. I felt secured knowing if I get it through Costco and I don't like it, I can return some of it. Link Interactive is very good. I had partly used them for a home so it was for another add on because of the good experience. They're very responsive and the most friendly customer service-wise. The folks whom I have interacted with all seem very professional and well spoken. That's one of the big selling points for me.

The rep walked me through what I would need and some of the cost. He was knowledgeable and made himself available for a callback. I did most of the installation on my own. The instructions were pretty easy and straightforward though I had an issue with one of the smoke detectors. I called, got a different agent, and she spent about 50 minutes on the phone with me walking me through everything and purchasing the replacement device if it didn't work. It kept chirping when I first installed it. But after she had walked me through reinstalling it, it looked fine. Everybody was helpful. I had to call twice, and both times the agent was knowledgeable and walked me through the issues I was having. I had an issue with the sync on my phone, and they helped with that, too. I like the smart phone features, and I use those a lot. I am able to arm it remotely and get notifications and alerts. That was the selling point to me.

I like the features offered in the system. Everything I wanted was there. But I would have liked if there had been a deal on the camera options. The camera was kind of expensive so I went with a third party. The only thing is the motion sensor. It seems a little bit finicky but everything else is pretty good. The contract is 2-3 years and that seems a bit lengthy but overall, cost-wise, it is reasonable for everything I get. I feel more secure having Link Interactive. It's better and I like the idea that if somebody were to come in, I would know it. I have recommended Link Interactive to others. The only thing that makes people nervous about it when I mention it is the self-install. Link Interactive could have a partner that they could recommend to do an install for a fee.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

We moved to a new home and we wanted to feel secure so we got a home security system. Link Interactive's prices looked reasonable. And just speaking with the customer representative, I liked the interaction. They gave me a good deal. Also, I saw reviews with Link Interactive from other consumers that also had good experience with them so I went with them. I did a self-installation since the box came with instructions. It wasn't too difficult. There were some videos online as well. I was talking with the customer service person about what the layout of the house was and they’re helpful and helped me figure that out. I also customized the features of my package based on what works for me. Link's security equipment has good quality and their smart phone feature is convenient. Being able to check it from my phone and I can arm and disarm the system is a feature I like a lot.

If I didn’t have Link's security system, I wouldn’t feel secure. I can monitor everything when I set the alarm. I’ve tested it out and I know that it works. So, I feel good about it. I’ve gotten some more equipment after my initial order. My interactions with Link Interactive have been pretty good so far. Whenever I’ve called, they’ve helped me figure out what would be good or what will work for me for my needs. I’m happy about that. It’s a good home security system. It’s priced well. I would recommend it definitely.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

I own a business and I purchased Link for security reasons and peace of mind. They're better than the last security system that I had, and their system is more user-friendly. It's also more cost-effective than what I had before and it's easier to navigate. The rep helped me set up the system when I got it, and they did a very good job. The system was very easy to install but the power cord was only about four feet. Usually when security companies come in, they don't like to plug the system right next to where the system is being installed. I had to run it through the wall to bring it outside, so I bought another power supply since it was necessary to use the system. But it was compatible with the system that I had, so I used the same sensors. And then, Link sent me more sensors which was good for me. It's a very good system and I feel a lot safer for my equipment.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

Link Interactive was rated number two and I looked at the number one, and Link seemed to be more in line with what I wanted. I am a little bit more familiar with Z-Wave devices and this sort of thing. So, they seemed to be a little more kenned to make it simple. But in the end, I actually returned my Link system stupidly, because there was something I misunderstood and got with that first rated company. But when I got their self-install instructions compared to Link, Link’s was much better and straightforward. So, I cancelled the other one and came back to Link. Link's customer service team were all very helpful too. All the alarm sensors are encrypted and it has all the normal features, and the extra things, and one of the nicer panels in the industry. It does everything that we needed to do from an alarm and a home automation system.

I definitely use their app on my computer, smartphone, and tablet. In fact, I had actually just check in the temperature of them last night from my phone and it is easy to navigate. I even link my Amazon Echo up to the system so that I can interact with the alarm system through it by voice commands. That’s been pretty nice. Moreover, I don’t have any problem with what they’re charging. I think they’re fair and the price is great. Overall, having the alarm system in general and knowing that’s there and functioning adds some comfort. And that is a Link exclusive feature.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

I made my decision to go with Link Interactive based on the reviews that I found online, as well as, the representative that I spoke with. He was very knowledgeable, honest, and not tried to push the sale, but stayed with the facts of what the service did. Installing the system was a little bit of time consuming but it wasn't difficult. I wish the instructions would have been a little bit clearer though. I was able to figure it out, but I had to guess on a couple of things. But at the end, it worked.

The features of the system are great and I like them. I particularly like the smartphone features. When I was placing the order, the package was customize based on what I wanted and what I needed. There was an outdoor camera that I would have wanted and it was being offered. But I just thought that it was a little bit expensive, so I decided against it. The quality of the equipment is good. I got a good deal. I was offered it free of charge, of course, signing a contract. But what I like about it is that it’s portable that if I move, since I’m renting, I can take it with me. Moreover, I have two teenage daughters and sometimes they are by themselves when I'm working and having the system there makes me more comfortable.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

We haven’t had a security in our house for probably 10 years. The original one broke a decade ago and we haven’t thought much about it. Times have changed. We have more acquisitions in our home that we thought that we were being foolish not having a system in place. So, I surfed the web and found Link Interactive online. I did the, “Tell me about different kinds of home security systems” and then read about it, and it looked like the best thing for our needs. I also asked some neighbors who they used. Once I put that I had some interest and questions, I got a call from a lovely woman, very shortly thereafter and she spent quite a bit of time answering my questions. Nothing felt like hard sell or pressure. I had some time to think about it, go back and read some more of the online educational information and sat down, talk with my husband about it, and we said, “Let’s pursue this.” I thought the help we got was great from the staff.

My husband didn’t find the Link system very difficult to install. He did use their support staff on a couple of occasions to walk him through and it worked just fine.

The system met our needs. We were nervous about some of the ability to customize it, but it seems to be just fine and we’re happy with it. We also did minimal customization, so that if the housekeeper is coming in and we’re not around, we want the housekeeper to be able to disarm and arm. And we’re feeling pretty confident that if we’re not sure, they offer enough tech support where we can get the assistance we need.

Their equipment quality is also pretty good. Every house must be different. We had a common security box that has fallen off couple of times on the front door triggering a message to us that someone disarmed our house or there’s been a break in the system. And I don’t know if it’s a glue or what it is that sticks it up there, but it seems to be working fine now. And then one configuration was not an option that was shown on the example based on one of our window frames, but we were able to figure out a way to put it on. It's also easy to use the smartphone features.

When we shopped around, the cost looked like it was competitive. We liked the feature that, should we move, we can take the equipment with us. That sounded very good. Also, I’m just having a little signage out in front of a house and something in the windows, and it's a detriment and I feel really good about that. I’m more aware now of how many of my neighbors have that. I’m pleased that we made this decision.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

I sold my home and needed a home security system for a new apartment I got. Link Interactive's affordable, easy to install and more flexible than my previous security system. Link also has an app on the phone. The gentleman that I spoke with was very good and knowledgeable. He helped me get everything set up correctly and explained what I needed to do. And then, we had two small revisions that needed to be made and he was very quick and responsive in getting that taken care of.

I did the installation which went pretty well. However, I messed up one of the sensors as far as the names and where I wanted them placed. But I got the system put in. The sensors work the way they were supposed to. The panel gives me the information, the data that I need and the app. I set it up so it would send me confirmation each time the system is armed or if there's a problem with the sensors. The app was also very easy to download. I've signed in once just to look at the information. I'm in a three-year contract with Link Interactive and I would recommend them to a friend.

Link Interactive Company Information

www.linkinteractive.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use