4.65/5
  • 1 star
Based on 1,262 ratings submitted in the last year
Show rating distribution

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Since 1952, Link Interactive allows you to take control over the security of your home. We offer systems that give you the highest level of protection at an affordable price.

Our custom settings allow you to control your home in the palm of your hand. Visit our website to watch video demos of our unique products!

Link Interactive Video
Link Interactive Gallery (4)

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 17, 2017

1262 Link Interactive Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

I've been using Link Interactive for three months. I was getting rid of my home phone number so I needed to get away from a wired alarm. Getting it installed was trying. But the people from Link were very patient. They hadn't run across set-ups exactly the way mine was set up. We were doing an integration of the existing system sensors into the wireless panel. We had some issue they haven't seen before, but they stayed with it and got it figured out. I like the online connectivity with my smartphone, and I'm happy with them.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

I did my own research online and it was the versatility and broad spectrum of what Link Interactive covered for a reasonable monthly price that made me go with them. I installed it myself and it was fairly easy. I already had a system installed in my home so I had all the equipment. I just had to reconnect it to my new Go! Control box. So I did my own YouTube video search on how to connect each device I had to the panel and the videos that I watched were really easy to follow.

But I had trouble with the thermostat. I had to mess with that for quite a while and I had to push a whole bunch of different buttons on the thermostat panel to find the connection. But all the other ones were easily done on the first try with no issues. The team at Link Interactive was really great and helpful. They were very knowledgeable and very easy to get a hold of. I’ve been using them for about two months now and it's been a great experience so far. The way my system’s set up right now with Link is identical to the way I had it set up before which was my goal. I just wanted to change monitoring services and I took it upon myself to figure it out on my own.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

We’ve had Link Interactive for business for three months now. The system was wired and we made into wireless. They directed me and I did it. Their team has been okay, but one time the main device was broke and they said I’ll have to pay the price of a new one. It was then less than two months and so I told them I was sure it comes with one year minimum or even 90 days warranty. I was in a big argument and finally they sent it free. And so everything is okay. I just don't know if their device is of a good quality or not. Within two months, it's broke. But the guy fixed up everything and we are getting customer care.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I've used Link Interactive since my husband passed away, which was two months ago. My son checked everything and it's the system he chose for me. He also installed it. Since having the system, my sense of security has gotten 100% better. I feel safer now that I'm by myself. I keep it on all the time and when I go out it’s very easy to operate. Then, when I come back in, I turn my code back on. It works perfectly for me and I couldn’t ask for anything better.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

The sales portion was great although we had a couple of hiccups at the beginning. When we were installing it, the sensors weren’t reading properly and they were going to overnight me some stuff, but they didn’t and we had to go to the store and get the materials to make the sensors raise up properly. When I talked to a manager about the issue, she was really helpful. But Link Interactive could improve their communication because it didn't sound like they train their frontline customer service employees to be sensitive to people’s concerns. I was also supposed to get credited for that but it doesn’t appear that they have accredited me for that. The billing thing is ridiculous too. They didn’t send me a bill but I got an e-mail from them saying that it was past due, even though I had credit on my account.

Link Interactive is the most economical choice but while the process of getting setup with the service was relatively easy, the installation was not easy and quite time-consuming. For that reason, I would recommend others to choose a company that either offers professional installation or has slightly less complicated equipment that is easier for an average person to set up. But ultimately, I’m satisfied with Link Interactive.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Link Interactive?

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

I’ve been with Link Interactive for a couple of months and I like it. The installation was great and their customer service is very good. I feel safer having them.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

Link's price and the reviews stood out and so I had it about two months ago. I installed it myself and it was easy. I simply unpacked the box and the sensors were already set up with the system so I only had to screw the main panel on the wall. I mounted the sensors and then switched it on. There's a nice documentation and I had to do some tests which were easy. Then I called them to advise that I'm ready to go and they started monitoring the house. When I had a question, they were fast in answering me. They’re really polite people who I can call whenever I want. I like their customer service, it’s really good. And overall, they’re a good company.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

Link Interactive was Costco-backed and Costco picks some of the best. Their pricing was really good as far as their month to month. At the time they were one of the few that was not charging extra for cellular because we didn’t have home internet and home phone. We also liked some of their features and benefits. As for the installation, some of the stuff for the basic system like the window sensors were very easy. But when you start getting to the higher end services that they offer like cameras, garage door openers, they're not plug and play as I'd like but they walk you through it very easily.

Also, they resolve the issues even if it is a one-time issue due to my own fault. I had a billing issue, they changed banks. It took a little while, but we resolved it. I've never had something that was not resolved. I've even had a problem where a board went bad in my receiver. They walked me through stuff and sent me one out the next day. All in all, our experience with Link Interactive has been good. When we first started, they weren't available during late hours. I have noticed lately that if I call them at 7:00 o’clock at night Pacific time, I get a hold of somebody, so that’s a nice change. I'd definitely recommend Link Interactive and I wouldn’t go without having them. We go on vacations a lot and it's a nice feeling to have it. I like the fact that I can view cameras from my app and I can see what's going on.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

Link Interactive had good reviews and they also gave me a good deal on the equipment and the monthly monitoring. It took me a couple of days to set up the system but I've been using it for a couple of months now. The equipment is excellent, particularly the doorbell camera. I can view it from my phone and I'm very happy with that. The customer service has been great too. One time, there was a power outage at our home so we had to call them for that and had to get things online. Then another time, the alarm went off and they called us right away. Even the guy who sold it to us still emails and makes sure we’re okay. Link Interactive is very good and the experience has been better than I expected.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

After I set the system up, I had to call them to activate it. I spoke with a live person. I had some struggle with the app before logging in, and I was able to speak with a live person as well. There wasn't a long waiting time to speak with somebody and the rep I spoke with was very courteous. We have the window and door alarm and when somebody opens up the door it’ll say, "Door one" or "Window two." Link Interactive has a very convenient app on my phone to arm and disarm the alarm system. They're also very quick to call if the alarm's been set off. We are planning to get the motion detector and the camera later on. We've been with Link Interactive for about two months now and I have been recommending them to friends and family.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

I've had Link Interactive for about three months. I like the flexibility of their products and the ability to make changes if I needed to. Installing the system was very simple as it didn't take much time, experience or know-how to do it. I had to call them with one problem that I couldn't figure out and their reps were very easy to work with and very responsive. The system provides the security we need and we've been very pleased with that.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

I had Link Interactive at my other house. I liked the fact that I could take all of the materials if I buy a new house and felt like I got more for my money, so I bought a new system from them when I got divorced and moved. The installation went fairly smoothly. However, some of the information that the representative told me was incorrect. I ended up getting a different panel because the other provider couldn’t get out of my house, but they told me that it was just a matter of switching it out and reprogramming all over again. I loved the service, but the installation was more difficult than what I anticipated. I also ordered a camera and needed them to help me program all of the sensors, but they sent the wrong sensor. For the most part, their reps knew what they're doing but once in a while, they weren't really sure. It was different compared to when I bought it through Costco, where they were all very knowledgeable and everything was always accurate when I called.

On the other hand, Link Interactive gave me a sense of security that I couldn't get from anything else since I live alone now. We actually had an alarm go off one night at the other house and I like that fact that they could listen in and talk to me while the alarm was going off. So, I could announce myself and if they didn't get a response, they would demand one or they would call the police, and they were very firm when they did that. I also sensed that somebody was there listening in and watching.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

Since I’m a Costco member, Link Interactive is one of the options I reviewed, and they’re part of the Costco package. I've had Link Interactive for two years now. We went with them due to its self-installation and their price was within competitive range. Also, their service was referred as excellent in reviews, and it truly is. Since it was only pre-wired, we had to have a professional electrician arrange the wires before the box could be installed. So we had an extra step before the common installation as we didn’t even have a box. Once that was completed, we did the rest ourselves and that was fairly easy. We had to figure out what’s supposed to go where and how to connect the pieces, but the work was good.

The customer service was excellent and they were always very responsive. There was one time in our whole two years that they had periodic coverage outages for an hour and they provided credit for those days. They did what they should’ve done. The Link Interactive security system gives comfort, especially knowing the robbery crimes statistics in Las Vegas, where we are. I love the option that the system gives us a choice to be away from home and that there's an in-house security on the application. We are in a two-story home so it was recommended that if we’re on the second floor, sleeping, to still have our security option on at which the stay-in option works great for that. So far, we're happy with the system and I would recommend them to others. They are a great company, they listen to their clients, provide good service and responds fast.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

Compared to other providers and their cost for the services, I got a good deal from Link Interactive. I also like the touch screen and the app. I had one issue with the sensor that kept saying that it was open when it was actually closed. But I switched the placement of it and it seemed to be doing fine last week. Hopefully, that was all that was wrong with it. I've had Link Interactive since the 18th of October and it's been fine so far.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

I moved into a house that already had Link Interactive installed. The owner who sold us the house gave us the number to call and he also contacted them and told them that I would be willing to assume the contract. There was seven months left on it. I called Link Interactive and told them the same thing and gave them my information. They sent the paperwork to me to complete and a separate paperwork as far as monthly charging on our Visa card. I signed all of that and sent it back, and it was effective on a certain day, so everything went very smoothly. The changeover went perfectly.

I'm still learning some of the capabilities of the system and how it works, but we use it everyday and it's been perfect. I'm 100% satisfied. We like the push button menu that we have. It's easy to use and easy to figure out what to do. So, we have no problems at all with it. The house we moved out of had another security system and having Link Interactive gives us a continued sense of security. Link Interactive provides top security at a reasonable price. We're very happy with it.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

I was looking at a few different brands on the internet when I stumbled upon Link Interactive. Their price points and the reviews about them made me decide to go with them. They were also very thorough in their explanation. The ease in which they were able to get me signed up was pretty awesome as well. But the downside of the product is that I have to install it myself and I haven’t had time to do it. Still, the cost and my overall experience with this company have been awesome.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

Link Interactive's customer service reps were very receptive to what I wanted and needed. They're also very helpful with all the product knowledge and good at explaining which would be beneficial or not and what would be better. I don’t have everything hooked up though because it’s a self-hook-up thing. I’m a little behind because I'm a procrastinator but it's pretty easy to do and so far, what I do have is great. I worry a lot less, too, now that I have the system. When my two boys come home from school, I would know when they got home and I am able to communicate with them as soon as they get in. It's awesome. Everything with Link Interactive has been all positive and I appreciate all that they have done for me.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

Link Interactive had the lowest price to feature sets. I’ve been with them for two months now and the system seems fine. When our detectors went down, the system notified us that there was an outage. It notifies if there is an error of some sorts. I feel safer than if we didn’t have the system but if somebody happens to enter our house in a way that Link Interactive isn’t set-up for, it would be a downfall. Link Interactive, in terms of satisfaction and experience, has been reliable so far. I feel like their system set out what it’s meant to do and I am a happy customer.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

Link Interactive was one of the top security service providers and probably top three. Aside from this, it was the price that made use choose them over the others. We installed the system ourselves and we had a wonderful experience doing it. We feel comfortable having it. Link Interactive is a life company that has great customer service and I'm a very happy customer.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

We have a security system already installed and we just switched to Link Interactive. They’re a much better company than the previous security company that used the same system. Link's very customer-centric.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

Link Interactive has more security cameras and I've been using their system for two months now. Installing it was pretty easy and their reps were friendly. I feel safe now that I have it.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

Link Interactive's price was right and worth the services they provide. I’ve talked to their reps several times and they’ve been very reactive and very helpful. I installed my own system but I ended up having a friend do it because I had trouble. I feel good with the system installed but I’m still waiting to see how it works. I got them since August 1st.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

I’ve used Link Interactive for about a year and a half now. The installation was easy and their customer support was very good. So, if I have a problem, I call. Their reps were very courteous and knowledgeable. Everything seems to be working very well. It's a well-built system and we feel more secure with it. When we're leaving town, we can always check in on what's going on around the house. The biggest issue was getting used to having an armed system at night. So, when we open up a door that was an adjustment for a couple of days. Overal, it's an exceptional product and a good support. Everything seems to be working very well too.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

I've used Link Interactive for two months and so far, it's been all right. The instructions they gave for installing the system were fairly simple and my experience with the installation was very cool. I've had my old alarm system for nine years and my sense of security has been the same.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

I was researching online and I found Link Interactive. I replaced my previous alarm system, mostly for monetary reason, and I’ve had Link now for a couple of months. I had to replace one of my sensors because I dropped it before installation so I spoke with them. And the rep I had was lovely, she's very helpful and courteous, and resolved the problem promptly. It was apparently not hard to install, also, not hard for me to understand. All in all, it’s a good experience. I would recommend it.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

I wanted to own my system and used Link Interactive for two and a half years now. It started with my old home and then I moved recently and now they're in my new home. I call their team anytime there’s an issue and they’re always helpful. The installation was easy and since having it, I check in on my house and the house talks to me and tells me what doors have been opened plus the alarm would've gone off. But if I didn't set the alarm, I could just check to make sure that there's no activity and still feel safe walking into it.

However, they still have a three-year contract type deal and I didn't quite understand why because I thought I was buying the equipment outright. I’m unhappy about it and I think that's because they give a slight discount on the equipment. I would take in a little bit money and have the freedom to go anywhere else just because of the lease thing. Other than that, a lot of it in part is not really them and it’s like alarm.com backend. I really like it and I have recommended Link Interactive to other people.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

I’ve had Link Interactive for two months and everything's going well. I installed the system myself, and it was pretty easy and straightforward. It can be programmed, too. I talked with the Link Interactive team a couple of times and twice I was on hold for five minutes. But once they picked up, the interaction went smoothly. Also, I ordered extra sensors but then I realized I didn’t need them. And they’re very good at sending me a pre-strip label and I was able to send it all back. It was nice that they refunded me when it was already 40 days out. Link Interactive is great because of the whole automation and I like that the system reminds me if I leave my garage open. I’d recommend Link.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

I bought a new house and I wanted a home security system. I've had the postal kit with ADT and then I started researching ADT. I didn't like their 3 years commitment period. Plus, it was too expensive. I wanted something better and I started looking up. I heard about self systems, found a lot of options, and realized I could build my own because I know how to do some of those stuff. I liked the whole alarm.com integration that Link Interactive had and I started researching that. I figured they had a pretty competitive package. They were the only ones who were able to sell me both a GC3-based system and a Honeywell-based system, and they had options for either. That kind of flexibility was important to me when I was making a decision. So, ultimately, I ended up choosing them. They had a pretty low, no commitment package as well.

One of their reps called me up and they were very proactive in listening to what I really wanted. The first offer that they gave me was a little on the higher side. I told them what I wanted, and they were able to work it out for me. They came back to me with the promotional offer. They were able to knock about $100 off the price and gave me exactly the equipment that I needed.

You pick and choose what you want installed, and they configure it for you. So, the box that you get is pre-configured, it's already labeled. It comes with a very clear booklet on where to put the various pieces. So, it's been very seamless. I was able to do it right off the bat. There were no glitches and things started connecting the very first attempt. And it's been great. I did not see a single mistake with the configuration. I wanted them to name each of the component that they wanted to put on there. They named it perfectly. In fact, because I installed it a month or two later from when I put the order, I didn't remember what all I had told them but they had it all down. Everything was labeled exactly the way I wanted it. It was perfect. I couldn't have asked for anything better. Every time I ask them for a quote or set of applications, they would send me an email of what's exactly what I asked for. So, it was very prompt.

I'm pretty happy with what I've setup so far. It's hooked up to almost everything that I have at home, so I don't need to carry keys around anymore. I don't need to worry about leaving the house unlocked. I have all of that on my phone, so I can just look it up. If I forgot to lock it, I could lock it. I can set it up to lock when I walk out of the house with my phone. I still haven't automated the whole house and that's something I'm working on. The good thing about this system is you can do that. And that was another reason why I wanted a system that was customizeable, which Link Interactive able to provide.

However, the website is kind of hard in terms of telling you how to contact these guys for the first time. There are other websites where you can go pick and choose components on their site, and they have a number on how to reach out and a whole package that you can buy. For Link Interactive, I had to call a number, wait for them to call me back and then tell the rep what I wanted. But if I can do away with the human interaction, why not? It took me a lot longer to buy the system because there was human interaction more than if I had just gone to an a la cart page, picked stuff up, put it into a cart and ordered it.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

I was looking for a cautious alarm system and Link Interactive is one of the few distributors that is an alarm company as well as a reseller. I installed the system myself to get it activated and Link Interactive is the easiest system I’ve ever installed. I used to install alarm systems from DSC, Simply Smart Home and all the major manufacturers that are out there. You simply mount the sensors, whether you’re using a double-sided tape or in the case of a motion detector, you’re just screwing it into the corner on a wall. That’s all that’s necessary and then you connect the panel to power and it’s ready to go. I didn’t need to do anything other than make a phone call to tell them that the unit has been installed.

I was with a company called Alarm Relay and one major difference between them is that my Alarm Relay experience required me to go through a lengthy programming process, where I contacted them to set up an appointment that was scheduled three days out from the initial contact. Then, I spent about an hour on the phone to get the system programmed. With the Link Interactive approach, the system arrived pre-programmed so once everything was installed, I called Link to say the alarm system was installed and they put it into a 24-hour testing period, and it went live immediately after that. Link Interactive's customer service has also been superb. They are very professional, knowledgeable, friendly, and very fluid. The person whom I dealt with knew what they were talking about and was able to advise me on questions that I had. I felt like I was talking to a professional.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

I’ve been using Link Interactive for home security for about three months and it’s been a good experience. Their pricing and the reviews I read about them made me decide to go with this company. The system was easy to set up and the equipment has good quality. Since the installation, I definitely feel safer.

Link Interactive Company Information