Looking for a hot tub company?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

2.33/5

Life Spas Reviews

Original review: April 1, 2017

This spa is sub par. We are on our fifth heater. We can't turn it off or the heater blows. When we have the heater replaced we are informed the spa is poor quality. We have called the company and the person who answers says no one is there to help us. We leave messages for Tim who said he was the owner when we bought ours and our call is never returned. This spa has one filter which is very inadequate. The cover is disintegrated. We have owned 6 spas and this is the poorest quality and has absolutely no customer service. Take it from me. Don't buy this spa.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2016

I've read the reviews here and believe they are the exception not the rule with this company. We bought a custom built Spa with the aqualast system almost two years ago since my wife has back and feet issues and very sensitive skin. We couldn't be happier with our purchase. It has a custom dome for her feet and a handrail and stairs so she can get in and out easier. The spa hasn't had any issues we can tell.

The only complaint we really have is that we were told to clean the electrode about every year or so. First I was told to use muriatic acid, then sandpaper. I wanted it clean so I opted for the acid which did a good job. It screws in and has two wires that reattach after you put it back in. After cleaning it, it stopped working after a couple days. Lifespas was helpful and got me in contact with the person who installs them. I learned that using acid was the right thing to do but that not to overtighten the electrode screws since the thin wires attaching to the anode can break inside. My wife had used a wrench to tighten and I surmised that what happened. I also discovered that they shouldn't ever be removed to clean unless copper levels can no longer be maintained and that cleaning every year would wear out the anode within 5 years.

We ordered a new anode housing, I screwed it in and only hand tightened everything this time and the system has work wonderfully ever since. Lifespas is a great company. I've always had friendly people who were helpful. They do deal with many third party people for various aspects of their business (example Spa Movers, aqualast system, etc.) But I've never had a bad experience with any of them. I do highly recommend talking directly to the people who install/manufacture the part of the spa you have questions about.

Get expert buying tips about Hot Tubs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2015

STAY AS FAR AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY AS YOU CAN GET!!! I purchased a Jacuzzi 1 1/2 years ago and have nothing but problems. I am now dealing a motor that is burned out and have been told by 2 companies that the motor has been obsolete for several years. I don't know what they are using for material but this is simply NOT ACCEPTABLE!!! THIS COMPANY NEEDS A SERIOUS LESSON IN CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!

Original review: June 24, 2014

See previous review. Update: purchased and installed a new pump and low pressure switch. Spa will run only on high. Psol message when you switch to low. Frustrated so we called a repair person out. Long story short: circuit board is newest problem. $700- $800 to repair plus the $500 already spent. So it sits. Stay as far away from Life Spas as you can.

Original review: June 16, 2014

I ordered a spa from this company back in 2010. I chose them because they were local and had an actual showroom. Not just a website. I knew I would buy something other than their ad spa and I did. It's made of this white shell material that doesn't crack. This sales guy even slammed it with a hammer and it didn't break. Four years later and I haven't had any problems. Knock on wood!! I'd check them out before buying one off a random website.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Life Spas?

Original review: June 2, 2013

This has been a terrible experience. I purchased a LifeSpas LS7000 on 9/20/08 with a bromine generator. I have always had problems keeping the bromine level steady and the ph level down. Despite numerous calls to LifeSpas, I never received any significant answers as to what to do. I can call the same day and get two different answers. I have had to go to Pioneer technologies (the manufacturer of the bromine generator) who were able to help me determine the electrode was cracked due to faulty installation. After this I could generate bromine better but only by filtering 8-10 hours a day which burned up the pump in 2011. Spa has been drained since because I cannot financially afford to fix it.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2012

I am late-deafened. I saw an ad online for a great sale price of a size spa I've been looking at for over a year, so I contacted the company online. I did not provide a phone number and requested contact via online. The salesperson contacted me saying they require that I view a video with a concurrent phone conversation explaining said video/product. I wrote back requesting they accommodate my hearing impairment unless they are unwilling to put their information/promises in writing. Today, I received an e-mail from a supervisor saying the sales pitch (not his words) is too lengthy for the salesperson to type out. Obviously, they are unwilling to put their promises on paper, or they just don't want to deal with handicapped people.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2012

The equipment doesn’t work properly and they have horrible customer service. I am so disappointed. I have had nothing but issues with my spa. The service has been terrible. I have owned my spa for a year and a half and it has never worked properly. The moment they delivered it, one of the lights didn’t work. Two weeks later the stereo stopped working. It took over a year and two stereo replacements. A month later, the motor went out. I spoke with the manager and he said he would have the service person call me. They never called. My spa sits empty and nonfunctional. Gathering my records of numerous phone calls and emails, I don’t want this product any longer. It’s time for court!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2011

We have sold hundreds of AquaLast Systems with great success. With June **, we worked diligently on service issues and had a very hard time figuring out what was wrong.

We recently moved our Service Department to a new location and during that time, there were a few days they were closed. During the move, our computerized phone system re-routed phone calls into an unavailable extension. Consequently, we missed several phone calls, including June **; however, that issue has been corrected.

We finally were able to diagnose the problem as a missing part and scheduled a service call to fix the spa. Unfortunately, a lot of things happened with this customer and with this water purification system, it was harder to diagnose. We regret that she experienced any trouble at all and look forward to her future satisfaction with the spa and the AquaLast System.

LifeSpas

Original review: June 28, 2011

I purchased Life Spas LS7000 model with Aqualast system. I paid over $8000 for this spa back in February 2011. My first clue that their customer service was lacking was when they couldn't deliver the product when stated, and they never contacted me to explain the spa's lead time would be longer - over a month longer and I had to continually call them until someone took my call. Only to hear that the manufacturing that make the spa's shell went out-of-business and they had to get them the mold to make it. Then they kept re-scheduling me because of the rain. So, finally I received the spa delivery in April. I read and followed the preset up instructions; however, I was not able to get a copper reading and was told I needed to come in and take water class the next night, which I did and learned I was never given Aqualast's system instructions.

I went home hoping that instructions would assist me in obtaining a copper reading. Unfortunately, I was not able to get any reading at all. After leaving over 10 messages on the service line, I contacted the main number and got someone to listen to my complaint; yet even though Tina was very helpful and seemed concerned, I still never received a call back from Dave, Tim, Julie or Randy. So once again, I had to continually keep calling until someone would assist me. I got Julie to leave a message with Tim, yet it was a holiday. Then they moved, so on and so on. Finally, Dave was scheduled out to my home after I explained to Life Spas that the two samples of water taken to Leslie's Pool showed no trace of copper. So when he came out, he replaced 2 of 3 components of the Aqualast system.

A week later, there was still no copper reading and another visit, this time from Randy who knew nothing about bringing with him the 3rd component and claims he came out the following day and replaced it; yet there was no indication he was here. So here it is June 27th, and the spa has been running all day and guess what? No copper reading. No one cares my spa doesn't work. No one called me today as promised and I'm very frustrated. Life Spas customer service and product doesn't work. So buyer, beware. I paid $8000.00 for a product that doesn't work as promised and delivered

Life Spas Company Information