Liberty Home Guard vs. AHW Home Warranty
What is the difference between Liberty Home Guard and AHW Home Warranty?
Home warranties are a great way to plan for unexpected home repairs that are bound to happen. Choosing a home warranty company that fits your needs and budget can be difficult because of the many options, so we’re taking a side-by-side look at Liberty Home Guard and AHW Home Warranty to help you decide which best fits your needs.
|Monthly premium cost||$64.99 to $74.99||$48 to $58|
|Average cost for combo plan||$74.99 (Total Home Guard)||$58|
|Annual premium cost||$624.99 to $724.99||$554 to $654|
|Service call fee||$125||$75|
|Discounts available||One month free for each year of contract if paid upfront (up to 5 months free for 5-year contract)||$75 discount offered at sign-up|
|$64.99 to $74.99||$74.99 (Total Home Guard)||$624.99 to $724.99||$125||One month free for each year of contract if paid upfront (up to 5 months free for 5-year contract)|
|$48 to $58||$58||$554 to $654||$75||$75 discount offered at sign-up|
|Plans available||Appliance Guard, Systems Guard, Total Home Guard||Appliances, Systems, Combo|
|Combo plan covered items||15||23|
|Service recall period||60-day workmanship warranty||90 days on parts; 30 days on labor|
|Availability||45 states||Most states|
|Appliance Guard, Systems Guard, Total Home Guard||8||7||15||60-day workmanship warranty||45 states|
|Appliances, Systems, Combo||8||8||23||90 days on parts; 30 days on labor||Most states|
|Built-in food centers||—||—|
|Ice maker||Add-on||In-refrigerator ice maker covered|
|Instant hot/cold water dispensers||Add-on|
|Ranges, ovens and cooktops|
|—||In-refrigerator ice maker covered||—||—|
|Central vacuums||Add-on||Add-on coverage|
|Garage door openers|
|Instant hot/cold water dispensers|
|Roof leak repairs||Add-on||Add-on|
Reputation on ConsumerAffairs
|Overall star rating||4.4||1.1|
|Verified customer reviews||Read reviews||Read reviews|
All prices are based on a quote for a house of less than 5,000 square feet in Austin, Texas. All information is accurate as of time of publishing.
Liberty Home Guard
Liberty Home Guard provides several plan options, including packages focused on appliances, home systems or both. Liberty Home Guard customers can pay month-to-month or receive a discounted rate for paying annually upfront. Claims can be filed 24/7 online, and the company attempts to dispatch technicians within 24 to 48 hours. Home warranties with Liberty Home Guard are available in all states except Illinois, Wisconsin, Washington, Wyoming and California.
Liberty Home Guard plans
- Systems Guard: The Systems Guard plan typically runs around $64.99 per month, and coverage includes major home systems like heating, air conditioning, plumbing, ductwork, water heating and electrical.
- Appliance Guard: The Appliance Guard plan focuses on home and kitchen appliances. You can expect to pay about $69.99 per month, and coverage includes built-in microwaves, garbage disposals, ranges/ovens/cooktops, garage door openers, ceiling fans and exhaust fans.
- Total Home Guard: Total Home Guard is the most economical plan and offers the most coverage. It combines Systems Guard and Appliance Guard and includes coverage from both. Pricing is typically about $74.99 per month.
Pricing quoted for a single-family home under 5,000 square feet in Oklahoma City.
What Liberty Home Guard customers say
Praise for Liberty Home Guard on ConsumerAffairs.com often mentions how the company keeps its promises. Customers are overall very pleased with the level of service they receive, starting with the first contact point up to the servicing of their covered issues. Many also say their expectations were exceeded. Some customers have expressed unhappiness due to the company denying claims or paying only a percentage of the repair cost, however.
AHW Home Warranty
AHW Home Warranty offers three types of home warranty plans. You can choose to cover appliances, systems or both. AHW also offers add-on coverage for things like lawn sprinkler systems, pools, spas, sump pumps, limited roof leaks and more. AHW Home Warranty covers your appliances and systems regardless of age, make or model.
AHW Home Warranty plans
- Major Systems Plan: The Major Systems Plan covers systems like central air conditioning, central heating, plumbing, electrical systems, hot water heaters, ductwork, jetted bathtubs and garage door openers. You can expect to pay about $48 per month.
- Essential Appliances Plan: The Essential Appliances Plan includes coverage for dishwashers, refrigerators, clothes washers, clothes dryers, stand-alone freezers, trash compactors, ovens/ranges/stoves/cooktops and microwave ovens. Pricing for this plan is typically the same as for the Major Systems Plan.
- Combo: This plan includes everything in the Major Systems Plan and the Essential Appliances Plan and adds coverage for instant hot water dispensers, garbage disposals, attic fans, ceiling fans, bathroom exhaust fans, doorbells and kitchen exhaust fans. The Combo plan typically costs about $58 per month.
What AHW Home Warranty customers say
AHW Home Warranty reviews on our site provide mostly negative feedback. Positive remarks mention quick response times and polite customer service reps, with customers saying they would recommend the company. However, many customers were dissatisfied by the company’s claims denials, and several mention AHW Home Warranty not paying out for repairs.
Bottom line: Liberty Home Guard or AHW Home Warranty?
Liberty Home Guard and AHW Home Warranty offer similar home warranty plan options — both have an appliance plan, a system plan and a combo plan that covers both. Their pricing is also pretty similar. Liberty Home Guard does have a better reputation with reviewers on our site, but AHW Home Warranty might be a more affordable option for some.
- Liberty Home Guard is best for those who prefer straightforward plans and an online customer portal.
- AHW Home Warranty is best for homeowners who want affordable coverage with plenty of add-on options.
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.