Protect What Matters Most

Compare Quotes
LG Washing Machines
1.81/5

LG Washing Machines Reviews

Boasting plenty of room, smart features and eye-catching style, LG refrigerators are packed with the latest innovations and come in a variety of styles. LG offers a complete collection of refrigerators, including counter-depth, side-by-side, bottom-freezer, top-freezer and door-in-door styles. Find your fridge today and be sure to see all of our elegant home and kitchen appliances, including innovative cooking appliances, microwave ovens, dishwashers and more. With LG Home Appliances you'll get the performance, style and energy efficiency you need to create the home you’ve always wanted.

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

LG Washing Machines Reviews

Original review: Dec. 22, 2015

After using LG washer WM4270HWA several months, the ink writing is coming off from the washer's front panel and front panel buttons. Please look at the attached picture. The panel was not cleaned using any cleaners. The only explanation is there can be some detergent residue on the fingers after loading the detergent (coming from the detergent bottle or cup). It will dissolve the ink.

This is the design problem since it has to be assumed that you are dealing with detergent and LG could cover the front panel writing with transparent plastic or film as they actually do on Power and Start/Pause buttons, proving that they are fully aware of the problem. They could use other inks or just glue the stickers that can be replaced later. Unfortunately, they didn't think much about it and went with the cheapest solution, and this is not the cheapest washer model.

Finally, they refused to replace the panel saying it is a "cosmetic damage." However when all letters will be gone how to select the washing options? It will be a functional issue. Having extended warranty is not helping either, Home Depot, where the washer was bought, is saying the same. One of their suggestions is to take a marker and write on the panel. Ridiculous nonsense. Be aware.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2015

Purchased front loading LG washer and dryer in Dec 2011. In Feb of 2015 (just over 3 years old), the tub seal around the door developed a hole and was leaking water all over the floor. I went online to discover this problem was chronic. Replaced Rubber tub door seal, but developed leak AGAIN just 10 mos later. Called LG, but they refused to do anything because out of warranty. I am unable to justify pouring any more money into what I believe to be defective product and have decided to simply buy a new washer. LG brand is unreliable and defective. Just go online and look at replacement of "Rubber Boot Seal, AKA Rubber Bellows, AKA Tub Door Seal".

Original review: Dec. 21, 2015

On November of 2011 I bought a top load LG washer, model WT5001CW. It worked great until a few months ago when the bleach dispenser area has begun to rot. It is so bad that the entire area where the bleach goes has come off the hinges and is just dangling off the base. When I contacted LG, I was told that the warranty did not cover cosmetic issues. When I asked to speak with a manager and explain that this more than a cosmetic issue, this is a manufactured defect! I was told that my case would be reviewed and they would get back with as soon as they made a decision. Two months later, I am yet to hear from them. This company needs to take responsibility for the manufacturing of their products.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2015

We purchased an LG Front Load Washing Machine, was purchased two years ago from Best Buy. LG warranties their products for one year. I should have known better with the recalls on their inferior products. We were washing last week and out of nowhere our machine sounded as though it was going to knock our house down. We stopped the machine and I started looking at everything. I finally turned it over and the concrete counterweight had broken loose leaving broken concrete and parts on the floor. Contacted LG and they did not stand behind their product. They can send out a repairman for $225 to tell us the machine is not repairable. We had our own repairman come out and take a look and the parts are $700 for a $900 machine. Thanks LG, another quality S. Korean product.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2015

This is the absolutely worst washer we have ever purchased!! The clothes come out smelling bad, and do not even look clean! Takes 3 times the water than our old Sears Washer that gave us good service and clean smelling and looking clothes for 10 yrs. After several calls to both LG and Home Depot we got nowhere! Can barely understand the LG people, they speak with a very thick accent from China or somewhere. Home Depot could care less, Manager never even bothered to return our call, just got a sales lady that could do nothing about the problem. Tried everything LG said to do, switch detergents, change cycles, change load size, use warmer water, use tub cleaner once a month, nothing worked!! You just get the runaround!!

LG wanted a copy of our receipt which we sent a month ago, and have heard nothing since!! I have to spray my clothes with perfume to wear them, that is how smelly they are. Wish to God we had went back to our Sears appliances that gave us good service and not a minutes trouble! This LG bunch is based in China, need I say more?? More junk from overseas! Cannot get in touch with Corporate, no phone numbers!

I am 72 yrs old and on a fixed income. I paid on this washer for almost a year to get nothing but a piece of junk! And now, other than throwing it out to the junk yard, looks like I am stuck! These people should be held accountable for this!! CONSUMER BEWARE! DO NOT BUY LG PRODUCTS unless you have lots of hard earned dollars to throw away!! We will be going back to Sears that stand behind their products!! Will never purchase another LG product!! I hope someone starts a lawsuit against this company, I would be glad to join in on one!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Refrigerators?

Original review: Dec. 20, 2015

It sounded like a train. The hold top came off. Damage my wall in my wash room.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2015

I am in line with the numerous reviews I read concerning the quality of LG's product, specifically the model WT1101CW washing machine. Mine rarely completes a load, of any type, without giving the ue or UE error codes. And the machine programming is the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen. For example, when it finally does get to spinning good, it will stop only to restart so it can screw up. Maybe it is intentional. You can't rely on the machine to complete a load. You HAVE to babysit it and restart it up to several times for each load.

It takes so much more time, energy and water than the old school machines. Why are they allowed to bill it as high efficiency or energy efficient? I have talked to LG many times about this and did everything I was supposed to do from checking machine level to letting AE claims technician come here because LG said it needed a software update to lame advice like using low spin speed. The bottom line is LGs product, customer service, and technical support are of the poorest quality. I will never purchase another LG product and I definitely will discourage anybody I hear of that is shopping for appliances or any product that LG makes.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2015

I bought this machine 3/10/2014. It has NEVER washed a load in less than 70 minutes. When I called a repairman he said, "You use well water. Use WARM WATER," which I do. He recommended a special detergent as well as a special washing machine cleaner, WHICH I tried with no improvement. If the machine is SUPPOSED to wash a load in 35 MINUTES, I EXPECT it to take APPROXIMATELY 35 minutes. If this machine hadn't been so expensive to buy, I would have it hauled to the dump.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2015

In March 2009 I purchased an LG TROMM washer model WM2487HWM. I loved the washer and dryer. Until October 2012, the washer suddenly without any prior dripping warnings, developed a gushing leak when filling. I had a waterfall in my finished basement, the ceiling destroyed and furnishings soaked. The first floor where the washer was the hardwood flooring buckled a couple days later. I took it with a grain of salt, just clean it up and fix it. The part cost less than $10.00. There are YouTube videos to show you how to replace it. The hardest part of changing it was getting the heavy washer moved out to access the back to remove the cover.

Part replaced, washer working fine, I am happy. Now just clean up the damage it caused. December 13, 2015, the same thing happened again. I am not taking this mess very well a second time. I should have realized by all the videos this was not just a fluke, but a reoccurring problem. I would not recommend a LG washer to anyone unless you have a damage proof place to put it.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2015

We purchased this washer from Lowe's late June 2015. I could not believe this washer was doing such a poor job and tried different things "to make it work": smaller loads, bigger loads, use of different programs, temperatures, detergents, use of Laundry+System, loading in a way that would leave an empty space above the core of the machine...

By the time I was finished trying anything I could think of, the 30 days I had to return the washer were gone and I had to keep this totally inefficient machine. This item has been nothing but a perpetual frustration. It rinses clothes with soap, it does not wash. We have two little ones and any food or material sticking to fabric turns in a wet gooey texture that get intertwined in the fabric, becomes very hard once dried and impossible to remove. Adult clothes are not washed better. I never had such bad whites, even using chlorine. I regret having purchased this machine. I regret even more having tried to make it work. With 4 to 6 loads a week, it's a permanent frustration.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2015

We moved into a new house 5/2015, and as a "present" to ourselves, bought a brand new stackable LG washer and dryer that had been highly recommended in Consumer Reports. We bought LG 4.3 CF WM3370HWA and LG 7.4 CF DLEX3370W from Lowe's in Everett, WA. This is a front loader washer. From day ONE this washer would not get clothes clean. It does not matter if you use the recommended detergent (my previous ten-year-old Kenmore used whatever you wanted to put in it, and got things sparkling clean), doesn't matter if you add bleach. It won't do a small load, and we are a retired couple so we don't have huge loads! It also won't wash a load of sheets - it balls them into tiny balls. If you try to wash a mixed load with a couple towels, you repeatedly get the UE (uneven load error). I constantly am standing on my head rearranging a sopping wet heavy bunch of clothing. I NEVER had this before with my top loader Kenmore!

It also does not add the detergent in the first part of the wash - it doesn't add it til like 35 minutes into the wash. God help you if you add bleach, everything comes out smelling like none of the bleach is washed out. It makes a very loud chunking noise while filling, also. When you wash socks (and mind you, we are clean people who do not have pets, so it's not like our floors make filthy socks)...the socks come out looking like they have not been washed at all - the knit on the bottoms are still depressed from walking...and the socks are not fluffed up at all!

We called Lowe's, and they said you have to call LG. So we called LG and they sent out a "repair person". HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. First words out of the guy's mouth when he got there - "I have twelve visits today and I can't stay past 30 minutes..." Then he went over to the washer, pushed buttons on it a couple times, pronounced it fine, and started to leave. When we stopped him to ask questions, he got very defensive. We told him "It's NOT fine, it won't clean the clothes!" He said "Well, it cleans them, just obviously not good enough for YOU." I showed him the dirt on the socks and he said "Well, add more water!" So I said "Can you please at least stay through a cycle so you can see that it is NOT doing what it is supposed to do?"

He refused. After he left, we tried pushing the "add more water" button (which means none of the preset wash choices work...you have to do manual wash selection every time) and it still did not get the clothes clean. Also, yes, there is tons of crap that accumulates in the virtually uncleanable rubber gasket, and yes, we leave the door open 24/7. So far no smell, but I think that is because I use bleach so much and leave the door totally open.

Now for the dryer. IT WON'T DRY CLOTHES unless you put it on timed dry and high heat! And still, it balls everything into a ball! Our previous Kenmore never did this! And it also has one of those rubber gaskets on the door that fills with lint and you can't clean it out! We paid $2,089 for this piece of crap set and that is a lot of money for a retired couple on social security and a small retirement. I think I hate the LG people for selling an inferior product and not blinking an eye about it. I only wish I had seen this page of complaints BEFORE we bought this. PLEASE DON'T BUY ANYTHING THAT USES SENSOR! Sensor does not work. Please don't buy a front loader LG. THEY DON'T WORK. And when we called back LG and asked for a different repair person, they told us there was no one else...it was him or no one. Have a nice day. Click.

Resolution response: Dec. 23, 2015

This is an update to my complaint to LG. After writing the letter to LG, I received a telephone call from their representative asking me for a copy of my original sales receipt. I submitted a copy to them via an email attachment and within a few minutes, I received a return call from the same representative indicating that LG would repair the washing machine at no cost to me. I negotiated a date and time with the representative and she indicated that their factory repair representative would arrive and repair my machine. He did arrive on time and replaced the complete top of the machine which was rusting along with the plastic insert for the bleach receiver. Both the lady on the telephone call and the repair man were very pleasant and professional. I am completely satisfied with their response.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2015

I purchased an LG top loading washing machine Model WT5070CW 3 years ago. The machine is not heavily used as we only have 2 people in residence. The area around the left front of the machine where the bleach is inserted, is rusting badly. I have talked to 2 different people representing LG and they tell me that it is not covered by any warranty. I was also told to write a letter to the office of the president in Alabama, with my problem. I have done this and await a response. Based on the reviews that I have read so far, I do not expect any positive outcome. We were told by the first individual we talked to, that spilling the bleach around the insertion area will cause damage because bleach is corrosive. This is definitely a design flaw. Some protection to the metal should have been designed in to prevent any damage from corrosive liquids. As the rust gets worse, I believe a safety issue will result because of sharp edges.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2015

Brand new LG washer & dryer arrived in less than perfect operating condition. LG could not care less. This is a really arrogant uncaring horrible outfit to deal with. They tell you their rules as they go along. You are treated like dirt and end up spending good money to be bullied by this dysfunctional bloviating giant. DO NOT BUY LG PRODUCTS unless you want to buy headaches. Cannot get service from them. It is almost 2 months since we got these malfunctioning machines and the service outfit has been here once and accomplished zilch. Getting them back is an exercise in futility. LG IS AN OUTFIT TO AVOID. Home Depot, where we purchased this junk should also be avoided. No one home to help a dissatisfied customer no matter how right one may be. I'm sure I'll end up in small claims court.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2015

I have had this washer for 14 mos, am ready to take a hammer to it! Leaks all from under! Floor constantly wet, clothes are not clean and are wet when you put them in the dryer! HD offered me 100.00 to go towards another washer! Really! I just paid you 1800.00 for this set! Very upset and ready to cry because I cannot afford another washer! I will be glad to join a class action lawsuit against this company LG!!! I refuse to talk to a foreigner about my problem but will be glad to talk to my attorney!

Original review: Dec. 4, 2015

Worst washer ever. I bought this machine and within 3 years I had to replace the main control board twice. I didn't even bother to call LG due to all the reviews and complaints on the web. Just this weekend went out and bought a Maytag washer. Hopefully this will be a lot better than the LG. Never buying a LG product ever again.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2015

So I bought an LG Top Loading Washing Machine, Model # WT1101CW in June of 2014. After about 6 weeks the washing machine started getting uneven loads, on small batches, normal-sized batches, even just a table cloth and placemats. This now happens about 60% of the loads, if not more often. It fills with TONS of WATER multiple times in an attempt to balance an already balanced load (I take several minutes now to load the washer to make sure it's perfect) and has skyrocketed our water bill. High efficiency my rear end. I was in contact with LG and they said it's normal. Normal to have a high efficiency washer raise my water bill by 300%? NO thanks. NEVER buying an LG Washer ever again. Can I please have an old-fashioned, non-energy star washer that just works and cleans and has no computer parts in it?

Original review: Dec. 3, 2015

The LG washer we purchased, while now out of warranty, is part of a recall for a potentially dangerous failure, where the drum spins unbalanced and out of control causing the whole machine to be violently tossed about. This has been a three week ordeal, so far. The service center has been very good but the part they need is on back-order, nationally. As of this morning 12/3/2015 I'm told by LG that they have an "anticipated" arrival date of the 12/16. LG's customer service manager tells me that we have no options other than wait.

Ever been without a washer for a month during the biggest holiday season of the year? I own an electronics repair shop. Among others, we're Samsung authorized. If a part can't be delivered within 7 days, Samsung will ship a brand new TV to the customer. THAT's customer service. At this point I'm basically forced to buy a new washer, have the LG repaired in the garage whenever they can, and give it to a family member or friend that needs one. Happy holidays LG. You've seen my last dollar.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2015

We purchased an LG washer and dryer set at Home Depot and within two weeks and only a few washes the washer leaks from the front. We had to pay an LG technical person $145 to come to our house and tell us it was because we have a dog and he said even a single dog hair in the door seal will make the front door leak. If you own a dog - this is a really terrible option for a washer. Apparently you need to clean the rubber seals and door after every wash and it's virtually impossible to clean dog hair off of the rubber gasket in the front. It's still leaking and neither Home Depot or LG will take the product back. Too bad they can't at least pay for my water damaged floors. I can also add that the dryer is the noisiest I have ever owned. Also not recommending it. Maybe a Maytag from Sears next time?

Original review: Dec. 2, 2015

I purchased several LG appliances. I have had nothing but trouble with them. When I call customer service they give me the runaround. The customer service agents are very difficult to understand. The agents I spoke with were from the Philippines. When I asked to speak with their supervisor, I was hung up on several times. After repeatedly trying to reach an executive customer service agent, I was transferred to someone who spoke english without an accent at all. They refused to help me with an obvious defective LG washing machine I purchased a couple years ago because I did not report the rust when I purchased the washing machine. The rust did not occur until two years of very careful use. They have refused to help in any way. I asked our appliance repairman to tell me what appliances he would never buy. NUMBER ONE on his list: LG! He says he gets more calls to repair LG appliances than all other brands combined!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2015

Hundreds of thousands of these machines were recalled for going out of balance however mine was not the correct serial number even though it had the same problem. LG was useless at helping and none of the local service repair people would even touch an LG appliance unless they sold it themselves and even then they preferred not to work on them. I had to throw the washer away even though it was less than two years old (it started going uneven after 14 months so my one year warranty was no good). Never buy an LG anything.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2015

We purchased the LG front loader washer & dryer for our daughter & son-in-law as a gift in 2012. It is only 3 years old & the washer start button does not work! They have been without a washer for weeks. This is ridiculous to have this happen with such a new expensive washer! Now the repairman said the part is on back order!!! OMG! LG should send them a new washing machine!! Needless to say, with a household of 3, there is a lot of laundry. On back order, how long will it take to get the part in?

Original review: Nov. 24, 2015

Purchased top loading LG washing machine. Only two years old and it is rusting all around the bleach dispenser and starting to show in other areas as well. When I called to complain they said I must have spilled bleach around the area. I do not use it often but it is for BLEACH! Said it is a cosmetic issue and not covered! Ridiculous!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2015

It's a terrible design flaw. Rust is on the hinges where no chlorine or detergent goes. I have pictures... Paint will not help. The entire under part of the area above the bin but connected to the place where you put detergent or bleach is completely rusted out and the metal is so bad. I can stick my finger through it. They sent me an email... "that the rust in your washing machine bleach dispenser is a result of the detergent or other additives being spilled that have not been wiped clean. Chlorine bleach is corrosive and will erode the finish if not cleaned immediately. If any spills should happen make sure to wipe it up immediately and the area cleaned with warm water and a soft cloth. Touch-up paint maybe use to cover the area, if not service may be necessary."

How could LG design a washing machine that uses bleach and detergent knowing full well that it might get on areas besides the stainless bin and get under this area and all around the entire top of the machine and rust out. That is what happened.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2015

I just purchased LG Washing Machine (412 SS /12 KG). This washer has so many deficiency and crazy programs as it was designed by a kid. Its drum is NOT adjusted and leveled with rounded rubber in front of it. You will never see drum is hanging down. When started it doesn't release water, but it releases water in burst so many time and it waste so much time. Drum keeps turning without water or just barely wet for about 5-6 minutes, depend on its useless programs. Half of its programs are dedicated to Steam-Wash. So if you don't use Steam, half of its programs are completely useless, while they could have add just one steam-key as an option to all programs.

WORST OF ALL: it doesn't release enough water to clean the clothes. In fact there is no standing water in washer. They are just barely wet and there is NO option to add water in any program. So as a result I have to wash my clothes twice every time. Completely waste of time. Inside washer is so dark, and you can't see inside to know what's going on. Each program is unnecessarily too long. It just sits idle and does nothing or it spins in one second burst-like and stops or it turns in weird manner not seen in other washers. It sometimes turns too fast, and clothes are just attached to inside drum's wall and they don't go through churning motion. It doesn't spin after each rinse to extract detergent. As a result if you don't wash them twice, clothes will come out with powdery stuff on them after dried up.

There are no options to had rinse or fast spin to any program. Inside drum surface is NOT smooth, and has rough edges to touch on each and every holes as if they are done from outside to inside rather than inside out to make smooth inside surface. These many rough surfaces will absolutely wear and damage clothes. In addition there is another double horizontal line with rough edges across inside drum, and no one knows what it is for.

This is very NOISY Washing machine. So-called OPTIONS on these washer are just that. If you want to change temperature, for example, then other options also change on its own without giving you choices or options are limited when programs are changed. Brief summary of this awful washer is: it doesn't put out enough water to clean the clothes - just make them wet, each program is too long, no option to add rinse or spin. I could add several other deficiencies, but enough said. PLEASE DO NOT BUY THIS WASHER.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2015

The inside drum of the washing machine starts hitting the body of the machine when rotating at high speed. The noise created is like very horrible. Also the customer care doesn't register the complaint. They provide useless solutions. Neither do they send any technician.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2015

I purchased an LG washer and matching dryer in April of 2014 from Best Buy. I was drawn to it because of the see through glass design. I thought they were cool looking. The salesman pitched it as a top of the line product, I fell for it :-( I cry every time I start to do laundry. My clothes NEVER come out clean. Some of it comes out of the washer dry! This is the worst purchase I have ever made. My old washer did a perfect job and I wish I hadn't purchased this crap. I'm out $1600.00 for something I thought would be amazing. I spent a ton of money for dirty clothes. Best Buy came out to repair it, they said the motherboard needs to be replaced. After reading these reviews I'm not hopeful at all. Don't fall for LG "smart technology". This washer is crap!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2015

I bought the washer in June of 2013 and had issues right away. It would never put in enough water to get the clothes clean. My husband works with cattle and his clothes get dirty. After the Heavy Duty cycle, the clothes would come out with mud. Always have to use the Bulky/Bedding cycle. Machine would freeze up and finally wouldn't reset.

They replaced the control board and found a wire that was never installed correctly so sometimes it would connect and sometimes not. Now just this month it would constantly be uneven and finally froze up. It was the main part under the drum that controls the machine that went out. Only 2 years old and this is the machine I am stuck with. Thankfully I bought a 5 year extended warranty with it. Once that is up, I will not buy another. Cycles take forever. You get the UE Uneven Code a lot with towels. It is not water efficient when it will constantly refill to make it even, spin and do it over again because it is still uneven.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2015

I have top load LG smart drum - worst washer ever. UE ERROR CODE unbalanced load. Takes all day to do 2 loads because machine has to be babysat - it continually fills with water to balance load. Also it does not clean clothes well. The technician said it does not clean clothes well because I have well water (it is filtered and very clean water) and said that this washer would not work unless I did very large loads. He said 5 towels at one time not enough. Also LG will not do anything about it unless it is deemed un-repairable. Their technicians are trained with a list of excuses not to deem un-repairable as you can see above. I offer LG the machine back for free if they put it in a LG executive's home - to see if they could use it properly. They said no.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2015

LG is making it very difficult for me to get anything done. My top loader has rust all around the bleach cup and the underside or seam where top meets the bottom panels. I see other people have this issue too!! I have never in all my life seen a washing machine get rust like this. Not to mention there was a recall on it with a Do Not Sell order attached that I was never informed about. I feel they should either take the machine back and replace or refund our money!!! I am waiting on a response after sending pictures and a proof of purchase to them via email. I registered the machine when I bought it, so they would have my info, yet I still have to prove to them I bought it!!! Go figure???!!!

Original review: Nov. 11, 2015

I bought this machine in June 2014 and after about 1 year of use it constantly goes off balance. It takes all day to do a load of clothes. Honestly do not buy an LG washer. This is the worst item I think I've ever purchased. So very upset with this. Take it off the market!!!

LG Washing Machines Company Information