3.47/5
Based on 1,112 ratings submitted in the last year

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

This company pays a monthly fee to participate in the ConsumerAffairs accreditation program and we may receive compensation for any referrals.

2572 LG Refrigerators Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

This is a letter I sent to the President and CEO of the Co. I am writing in regards to a repair problem I'm having with my LG refrigerator model #LFX31025ST. At the beginning of May 2017 I noticed that it was not cooling properly and making a strange sound. Within a few days the temperature was well above normal range 45 degrees plus and continued to rise in the both the refrigerator and freezer. At that point I made a call to LG, (May 8) and was told my extended warranty was expired but I was still covered with my manufacturer warranty for the compressor. I then purchased a warranty from Assurance as suggested by LG customer service for the cost of $358. Had an appointment set up, then waited 16 days for the first appt.

The first technician that came out said it was the condenser and he needed to order a part. (Service date May 19.) The second tech came out on (service date June 5) to install condenser and said the compressor was bad as well and that apparently the first tech missed it. He then proceeded to order parts but never bothered to call when they came in, until I called 4 or 5 times to inquire. My next service date was on June 21. Repairs made, but still did not cool! He also made a total of 3 cuts to my new kitchen floor which I have pictures of and never mentioned it to us! We didnt notice until the Authorized LG Tech saw upon pulling out the fridge for the 3rd repair.

Our next service date was June 27, but the tech was a no-show. Called LG and they apologized and said it was their fault for not confirming. At that time I was set up for another appt. on July 5. When they didnt show again I was told by LG that when they called G&A Appliance (the co. that had been servicing us) G&A stated there was nothing more they could do. I still dont understand why they would make me wait another 8 days before saying something. So LG set me up with a Authorized Service Tech who came out on July 19. He examined the fridge and found the subsequent work to be inferior and not complete. More parts needed to be ordered and installed.

Next repair date July 25, work was done, system seemed to be cooling before tech left. Was advised not to put anything in it for a couple days just to be sure. Over the next 48 hrs the fridge got down to a temp of 45 but no lower and the freezer got to 20 but no lower. Called LG back to sched. tech to come back out and was told there was no openings. I asked to speak with a supervisor and got a nice woman named Brenda, who said she was putting me on a anytime/anyday timeframe. She was also marking it as a reclaim.

Waited 6 days and never heard from anyone so called back on Aug 2 and spoke to Jewel who said I was on the sched. for Aug 8. Well Aug 8th arrived and no service tech!!! Called and spoke to Jason this time and was told I needed to sched. my appt. through Assurant because my original warranty was up. Well my compressor is warrantied for 10 yrs so no, my warranty is not up and the repairs thus far have not worked. Well I complied and called Assurant and was told they have no available appointments... Really?? He said to call back in a few days to see if there's an opening. I have never heard of such a thing.

So in summary I've been without my refrigerator for over 3 months with apparently no fix in sight. Spent countless hours, yes HOURS on the phone explaining my problem and setting up appts. I bought my LG refrigerator only 5 yrs ago along with a stove, microwave, and dishwasher all LG. The fact that the fridge had a 10 yr compressor warranty was a big part of our decision to purchase, not mention the roomy interior as opposed to other manufacturers models and the excellent LED lighting! At this time I'm asking for a replacement or refund of this product which you have been unable to repair under the warranty. I feel that I have been more than patient in this matter. I really can't continue to live out of a cooler. I appreciate you taking the time to read my email, I look forward to speaking with someone to resolve this matter.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

We went with a larger cubic footage from the builders model. LG purchased through Costco, so you are backed by the best, if there is a problem. Great freezer space and interior flexibility of shelves in the refrigerator section. Extra storage area for frequently used items, milk, water, condiments is a great add on.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

We purchased a LG side by side refrigerator 3 weeks ago from Home Depot. This morning water started pouring out of the ice maker! It flooded our kitchen and dining room before we could get the water shut off. We have spent the rest of the day on the phone with Home Depot first and then LG customer service. On hold for approximately 2 hours total. Bad customer service and for $1700 bad refrigerator. Last word was they were trying to find someone to come out. It should only take them 3 days. Meantime all the food in my freezer had water poured on it. Now it's frozen. It's a mess. I will never purchase another LG product!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

This is my second LG refrigerator #LFC2277OST with the same issue of ice forming in freezer after 2 days. I will be returning for a different BRAND!

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

Ice maker needs to be larger, it is too small for such a large refrigerator. Also, doors close very hard, needs egg holder and lunch meat compartment needs to be higher in refrigerator.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Refrigerators?

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

In 2012, we upgraded our kitchen appliances to LG products. It has been an absolute nightmare! Every appliance has failed in some manner. The oven stopped working multiple times on our range. I couldn't believe that when I called customer service, we were told to turn off the circuit breaker for 5 seconds and then turn it back on. The code was F1. We noticed a hairline crack in the interior wall of the refrigerator near one of the shelves. The microwave door keeps lowering on us. And last week, the dishwasher just stopped working without warning. Rather than continue repairing things, we have decided to replace all of the appliances with another brand. Never will I ever recommend LG appliance products to anyone after our experience. And never will I purchase them. Love the electronics. But their appliance product is amongst the worst!

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

It SINKS content water drip, have replaced 2 times, replace the door 4 times, the water is still dripping, had it service 8 times. I have given up on the LG. Company said, "It will drip a little. You have to live with it."

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

It's a great refrigerator. The only actual problem is with the French doors... they never "seal" shut and the door alarm doesn't go off to let you know. You have to make sure you push on them to make sure they are closed. The other problem is that the plastic on the inside cracks easily. Other than that I love it.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

First bottom freezer unit I have owned and I will never go back to a top Freezer unit, and my next can only be four inches taller unless we remodel the Kitchen. The door magnets need to be a little stronger.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

I love this LG refrigerator. It has side by side doors with a split refrigerator door that opens too so you can put milk add small things so you don't have to open the full door. It has ice maker and water on the freezer side. I don't like the manufacturers that put freezers on the bottom. I also have a 5 burner gas range. Love it.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

LG KNEW they had a “motherboard” problem affecting the air circulation fan. Yet they did not honor the warranty on this new refrigerator. I was charged $556.00 to replace a defective part. The refrigerator is a year & 1/2 old.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

We have had this refrigerator for 5 years now. We have had no issues over that time. It does a decent job of keeping food cold in every section. It has a large bottom freezer that holds a large amount of food. The ice maker has been flawless as well.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

I bought this LG (Low Grade) refrigerator (lsxs263662) brand new when I bought my first house. This was the worst mistake I have ever made. I should’ve did more research on this company before I spent $2000 on a oversize cooler. I bought the fridge in 1/23/2017 and about a month of use it stop cooling. The whole fridge was full of groceries that all went to waste. I contacted LG and they sent a service tech to come look at it. He said it was a compressor issue and had to order a new one. About 2 weeks later the compressor arrived and he came back to repair it. About a month after that the refrigerator stopped cooling again. Again we contacted LG and same issue again. This time the service technician blamed it on the first service technician for the refrigerator failing again. So same deal he ordered another compressor and came back to repair it.

Relieved that the issue has been fixed which was around 4/12/2017 and assuming that this can not possibly happen again, I went on with life. About a month after the second repair the fridge broke again, same issue it stopped cooling. Again called LG but this time the service technician which was supposedly a actual LG technician never showed up. This was around 5/2017. Kept calling LG and they kept sending that same guy that never shows up. They stated that he came on the day that was scheduled but there wasn’t anyone home. I know that was just an excuse because I have 2 retired parents that is always home. So now about 1 month of waiting for the technician they sent him again. This time he said they gave him the wrong address, that is funny because they have been here three times before so how can they send the wrong address?

It’s now 2/7/2018 and LG is refusing to fix my refrigerator the third time because it’s now out of warranty. LG’s replacement policy is that it needs to be fixed three times before they even consider replacing it. I put the third claim in 5/2017 way before the warranty expiration date. They gave me the run around until the warranty ended and now they are refusing to fix it. I had to go out and buy a $300 fridge to keep my groceries in and that fridge has not gave me any trouble since the day I bought it. Do yourself a favor and stay away from this company. Customer service does nothing to help and when you ask for a supervisor they just hang up on you. I’m working with a lawyer to get their attention. Hopefully they won’t get away with this type of business practice much longer. For now please don’t support their business, Give their customer service a try and you will see what I was dealing with. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

Purchased refrigerator 12/13 and luckily I bought additional coverage on it because it stopped cooling in 5/15, 12/15, 9/16 and you have guessed it. 2/18 it is not working again. At this point I no longer have coverage on it but I have spent the last two days going back and forth with LG and finally after producing my original receipt they will as a courtesy schedule appt. It has been quite an ordeal when I complained of faulty refrigerator. They had the nerve to say there are no complaints on it... There really should be somewhere to file official complaints and not be stuck getting transferred back and forth and getting different answers from different people. DO NOT PURCHASE LG FRENCH DOOR REFRIGERATOR.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

I have the French door with bottom freezer and I love it. At the bottom I have 2 drawers, that way I do not have to dig too deep. Love the way it's laid out. On the downside you have to have a second freezer if you really like to cook!! LG makes great appliances!!!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

This LG refrigerator is huge and it keeps things cold. It is easy to clean and the freezer is ice cold. The shelves are easy to remove and put back, and it's easy to rearrange as I want.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

LG french door refrigerator - Less than two years old. Called LG. Not making ice and defrosting. They send out Best Servicers of America. Repair time slot 12-2 pm. Tech showed at 5:30 after reporting that nobody showed. Tech claims bad compressor. This is obviously a scam they tell everyone, he never checked anything but made that assessment. He orders a new compressor. Three weeks no refrigerator. I can clearly hear and feel the compressor running using a Freon leak detector. I have found the problem. It has a gas leak. I believe this is why so many compressor replacements. A Freon leak is serious and no compressor will fix it and they don’t want to replace the entire refrigerator.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

I love the ice dispenser of the LG refrigerator. Very easy and use frequently. Freezer has lots of space and lots of refrigerator space and you can push back a shelf halfway inside to fit tall items.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

We bought the LG LMXS30776S on 9/15; Compressor went bad 01/18 (less than 3 yrs). Same story like others. Compressor warranty but need to pay $375 for labor. Scheduling with LG customer service is a PAIN IN THE NECK! Can't see the technician's scheduling, have to call back, tech. said he would come back at 2:30pm in 2 days but actually showed up at 10:00am and expect someone at home.

Now trying to reschedule is a nightmare. Passing from 1 person to the next, 1 department to the next, when passing me to another dept, I had to tell my whole story all over again, costing me over 1 hr, even got to talk to EXECUTIVE SERV dept, and nothing was resolved. The lady said she is forwarding the request to SCHEDULING dept. I get to stay still and wait for scheduling dept to call back in 3-4 days... LG sucked!!! Tried to call again today, nothing resolved... gave me 3 # of the local shops which either charged more or don't work on LG compressor. They suggest I call them again tomorrow... hoping and praying that they can see the technician schedule??? What kind of company works like this. NO wonder there is a pending CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT against this company and the compressor. Everybody needs to get on it!!!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

Shows fingerprints bad, top ice maker had to be replaced, can't hear door alarm. Other than that I would buy another one quieter than old GE. Looks a lot like GE model too.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

The dealer was no help with delivery. The LG refrigerator itself is pretty good. Had 1 problem, after 2 yrs. Ice maker door (flap where ice drops from) had to be replaced. Which I had to pay for my self.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

We just replaced another new LG back in August 13 2016 with this new LG FRENCH DOOR REFRIGERATOR (LMXS30776). LG gave us credit on the other new one that went dead in the water and couldn't be fixed. Now tonight we find ourselves going thru this all over again. Everything defrosting. Had to pull out and put food in the reserve side by side in Garage which has been around much longer than LG. Thank goodness for that. Now to call Home Depot all over again and get the process started again. Will have to pay for Tech again to come out to find out what is wrong. Last time Compressor replaced and it still wouldn't work. Tech gave up and we still had to pay him. I swear LG is a piece of junk as one said. It's ridiculous they only last a few years and burn out. I do not want to replace it again with another LG.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

Our 6 year LG top of the line stopped working, low freon, fans faulty. Repair service quoted over $1000 to repair explaining how complex and difficult it was to add freon. Not worth bothering about, replaced it with an American made model. The unit looks terrific with lots of bells and whistles but if it doesn't work what is the point?

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

I have a LG LSXS26326 side by side, not even 3 years old, purchased 3/2015 from Lowe's for $1600, 3 weeks ago is not cooling on either side. I called LG direct many times, always getting the runaround. I was given 2 numbers of repair services in "my area". I called these numbers 2 days in a row and left messages, with no response.

Every service repair company I called in my area said they are not authorized to work on LG "sealed system" or compressor, since they are under warranty. HomeAdvisor sent a service repair out from SC, I'm in NC, 30 minutes and $75 dollars later, I was told it would cost a minimum of $500.00 in labor to fix the problem and maybe parts, since LG customer service is so hard to deal with, like I didn't already know. Repair would need to replace compressor and sealed system and blowing out lines with very expensive gas. I was told parts are still under warranty by LG Direct, but could take 7-10 days to ship out, who knows how long it would take to get them??? I've lost hundreds in food.

My repairman basically told me to go bUy a new refrigerator, he said 85% of the refrigerators they work on are LG, and recommended Whirlpool, Kitchen Aid and/or Maytag as replacements. Very upset that they do not stand behind their products and their customer service has A LOT to desire. Do not buy LG unless you have money to throw away. I'm a single mom and this has cut way into our budget. $1600.00 down the drain!!! We had hopes to go on vacation this year, but thanks to LG that won't be happening, having to buy another fridge in such a short period of time, has taken that out of the budget.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

The tubes in the back for the water and ice maker have sprung leaks 4 times in 8 years. The repairman says that the tubes are too small in diameter. Other makes make them larger. But it has cost me $75 to $100 every time I have to have them repaired. I would not ever buy another LG refrigerator.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

Purchased LG refrigerator in Nov. 2014. Jan. 2018 and my fridge and freezer are both at room temperature. All food is now garbage. Today repairman said this is very common for LG. Now waiting for a part to be available so repairman can come back to do the repairs. I paid $2400.00 for this fridge and it only lasted just over 3 years!!! My first fridge was $800.00 and I had it for 28 years. I would think not just twice, but more like 100 times before buying an LG refrigerator again. LG needs to step up the quality or get out of the business!!!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

I have always bought LG products because they seem to last a lifetime and they look great in my kitchen. My washer and dryer are both LG and they play a little tune when my laundry is finished. I have gotten great compliments from friends and family alike on my washer and dryer. I plan to purchase a LG side by side to replace my current one as it is over 22 years old and should start giving me problems soon. But, I have not had any problems during this 22 years of service. I look forward to getting my new one.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

The door closing latch on the right hand door broke. It was a poorly designed cheap plastic piece and cost $150 to replace and had to hire a professional to do it. The ice maker often doesn't automatically stop making ice and overflows. Also had to have it replaced because of deformed plastic pieces that were jamming. It also makes a lot of noise when the ice maker is automatically filled with water.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

My husband and I bought our LG refrigerator about 14 months ago. We were not offered an extended warranty and did not think to purchase one in the midst of the chaos of purchasing our first new home. Setting that aside, I recently contacted LG with a problem and they refused to help us saying I needed to pay a service company to come out for something I feel they should take responsibility for. The issue being that a screw had come loose behind the ice maker and completely unaware, had dropped into our ice causing it to go into my husband's smoothie. While in the NutriBullet I heard a noise, assuming it was the ice, like it always does, then when it continued I went to stop the machine, it was too late, because just then the screw burst out the side causing a terrible mess everywhere. Now I need to replace the cup and chopped up blade to our NutriBullet.

LG wants to take no responsibility whatsoever. I personally feel they should at least send me a replacement screw and possibly help pay for the replacements. My opinion is this was a defect and should be covered, being it was barely out of the warranty period. I am just glad that no one swallowed that screw causing physical damage. My advice... Be sure to get an extended warranty, if it's not offered, ask for one! Products just aren't built like they used to be! (It was quite baffling trying to figure out where a white screw came from... Until I traced it back to the ice machine, and there it was, an empty hole behind the ice container.) Now to find a replacement screw for it, I can't afford to pay for a service call for a little screw. Amazing how something so tiny can make such a big mess! :/

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

I love my LG refrigerator. It is nice, low maintenance, great size and fits all of my needs. Food always seems that it is kept very fresh. Will buy again when needed.

LG Refrigerators Company Information