Find a Refrigerators partner

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

About LG Refrigerators

LG is an electronics company that offers a variety of innovative and state-of-the-art products for the entire home. The company's refrigerators feature advanced technology and innovative features like wireless internet and app accessibility, LG makes fridges for every budget.

Pros

• Beautiful designs
  • Wi-Fi and app accessibility
  • Innovative features
  • Multiple options

Cons

• Expensive
  • Multiple recalls

Bottom Line

LG is an award-winning technology company that produces innovative and modern refrigerators. While its products can be pricey, the advanced technology and sleek design set LG’s products apart.

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

LG Refrigerators Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Refrigerators?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Refrigerators?

Original review: Jan. 30, 2020

We bought the LG LMXS30776S refrigerator in early 2017 and it was working okay (it did make louder than expected noises most of its short life) until December 15, 2019 when we woke up one morning to a trail of water on the floor and all of our food ruined. We paid for someone to come out to tell us that it was a dead compressor and to contact LG for a replacement part.

An LG tech came out and replaced the compressor, and while the freezer worked, the fridge portion remained at room temperature. He came back the next day to fix it again, but the fridge did not get below 42 degrees. An LG contracted appliance repair company then came out and determined that new parts (fridge evaporator and another compressor) were required. They returned a week later and replaced the compressor again along with the fridge evaporator, but after they left nothing worked at all.

The LG tech came out again and got fridge half-working again (still does not go below 42), but the freezer is still not functioning. LG tech now says we can get a new fridge due to multiple visits, but the LG customer service says their tech needs to say it is not repairable and why and the tech is not willing to make that call for us. We have now initiated the replacement request process three times (each time takes 3-5 days) the first two times we've waited a week only to find out they messed up the paperwork and had to start again. We've been without a fully functioning fridge/freezer for over 6 weeks. We've wasted hundreds of dollars on food that got spoiled. The LG refrigerator is an utter disappointment, as is their customer service.

Hello Lisa,

LG

Original review: Jan. 29, 2020

I purchased the LG LFX31925SW/04 in May of 2013. Within a very short period of time the compressor went and it stopped cooling. The part was replaced and covered by warranty. The ice maker had problems freezing up from the very get-go. I just learned to take a spoon and open the compartment in the door to break it up. The door must not keep it cool enough to remain frozen. There are only two of us who live in this house so it's not being opened and closed frequently. At about year 2 1/2 the area under directly the ice make maker started rusting and became very unsightly. My husband tried to fix it and of course you can not get a professional finish at home.

I called the warranty dept. of LG and they informed me it was not covered under warranty because it's considered "cosmetic"! I would not agree, given that the poor design it what is causing this issue. The metal obviously on the front of the fridge is not rust resistant. It now looks like it came from the local thrift shop. We live in an air-conditioned home with low humidity. UGH! The refrigerator door on the right side is now not closing and it must be another design flaw because it is mentioned repeatedly online as an issue. The cost of the French door refrigerator was $2400. And that was 5 years ago. I bought the microwave and the dishwasher at the same time. They have functioned ok, but I would never buy LG again given my experience with the product and the customer service!

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Lise, Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2020

We bought this refrigerator in 2016. It was between this and the Samsung. I liked the looks of this one and it has a great reputation. I did not like the 3 small vegetable drawers, but thought it was minor and I would get used to it. I still do not like them. Celery doesn't fit unless cut. The only really good place to store big milk jugs is in the door which is supposed to be the worst spot to store milk. Other locations would make accessing all corners awkward. But these are minor compared to the real problem.

The refrigerator stopped cooling about 4 months ago. The repairman said LG was aware that the coils had been made with inferior material so replaced it for free. (Should have been recalled before I lost all the food in my freezer and refrigerator). Since, the parts were replaced the unit has been extremely noisy. I can hear the high pitched noise upstairs from the kitchen. I called the service guy to come out again. $175.00 later I was told that it is a more powerful compressor and nothing can be done about it. I may have to get rid of it because it is driving us all nuts! It's unacceptable. Refrigerators are expensive! If this is the best LG can do, I don't want anything to do with their products!

Hello Sarah,

We hate to hear that you are experiencing a noise issue after repair and would like to investigate this further and get you a resolution. Do you have video that you can share showing the issue that you are describing? I would like to send this to our engineers for research. If interested please send me a private message.

Resolution response: Jan. 31, 2020

LG Came through in a BIG way. After trying for a bit of time to resolve the issue I had with one of their vendors, the LG Customer Service Team got involved and my issue was solved within two days. That's what I call service and delighting a customer that was far from happy with LG. Way to go and THANK YOU.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2020

This refrigerator was in a model home we purchased in 2016. About a year and a half after we moved in the ice maker stopped working. I determined through several trouble shooting steps that the issue was with the ice-maker unit itself. I pulled out the unit and ordered the exact unit number that was on the ice-maker. When I received the new unit it was the same part number I ordered but the wiring harness was completely different. I have been working with the parts vendor the LG website directed to me (Encompass) trying to figure out what the correct part is since October 21, 2019. I have have sent them numerous pictures of every conceivable angle and they couldn't figure it out. It was referred to LG for further guidance on 10/29/2019 and as of 01/27/2020 there is still no answer from anyone. I have checked with encompass several times and still no resolution. How in the world can a company the size of LG not be able to resolve this?

Hello Victor,

We hate to see that you have experienced an issue with your ice maker and would like to assist. The contact information listed does not pull your account information in our systems. In a private message can you share your all your contact phone numbers, model and serial numbers so that I can explore all options for you?

Original review: Jan. 27, 2020

We bought our fridge in 2015. Love it, it's a beautiful appliance and generally works well. Woke up last week to a large puddle on the kitchen floor in front of the fridge. Ice in ice dispenser half melted. Groceries in fridge warm. Groceries in freezer half thawed. Puddle on floor in front of fridge. Ice in ice dispenser half melted. Groceries in fridge warm. Groceries in freezer half thawed. Tried contacting LG Customer Service by phone - representative was completely useless and kept trying to tell me this was normal as fridge was defrosting. He is an idiot, losing half our groceries is not normal. We had the same problem in March, 2018, service tech attended and replaced the condenser. Had been working fine since then.

Tried contacting LG Customer Service by phone - representative was completely useless and kept trying to tell me this was normal as the fridge was defrosting. Losing half our groceries is not normal! I hung up and waited a day then called back again. The second rep was better but kept trying to direct me through a checklist of questions, instead of scheduling the repair. Finally got a technician scheduled. He was here ten minutes and confirmed it needs a new compressor, again! Really disappointed with LG over this lack of reliability and the lacklustre support for this essential appliance.

Hello David,

We hate to see this type of experience for any of our customers. I see that the zip code you provided is in Canada. For the proper support team, can you please share what country you are located along with your phone number?

Original review: Jan. 27, 2020

Have had this fridge just hit 3 years. Stopped cooling. Thought the linear compressor was going to be more efficient. Called and they said they would set us up for service. The service company will not be here for 3 weeks. Try to run a house with no refrigerator for 3 weeks. Did notice the company has an ad to hire people in our area. If I hadn't paid so much for this thing I would just get another refrigerator. Sure hope the matching double oven range holds up better.

LG Refrigerators response

Just checking in Judy. We want to assist and need your information in order to proceed. Please reply and let us know as soon as you can. Much appreciated.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2020

My LG Refrigerator, which is 3 1/2 years old, stopped working and freezer contents melted onto hardwood floor causing damage. Called a local technician who advised I needed to call LG but also advised the problem was with the compressor, a known and continuing problem with LG. Contacted LG, they sent repairman who "fixed" it. It is now WARM on the inside and I am afraid it is a fire hazard. Have contacted LG through proper procedure TWICE MORE but they are completely ignoring me. How do I get added to the class action lawsuit? I regret purchasing this appliance.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Kristen, Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Resolution response: March 19, 2020

Thank you, LG! I'm still disappointed about the necessity of getting this product fixed, but WOW the customer service response FAR exceeded my expectations!!! An LG technician was scheduled and arrived within a day, ordered the broken parts, and came back to install them. Everyone I interacted with was professional, helpful, knowledgeable, and polite. I will look at LG again after all!!

Original review: Jan. 26, 2020

We have had our LG refrigerator for about 5 years. It works fine. BUT, all the door shelves and all the plastic parts that would allow the freezer drawer to slide have broken during normal use, often leaving sharp chips. For a higher end product, such low quality parts is extremely disappointing. Yes, they're replaceable, but the markup makes it cost prohibitive to replace that MANY plastic parts. Some broke during the warranty period, but I never expected them ALL to break. Even though my food is cold, I can't recommend purchasing from LG at all after this experience.

Hello Randi,

Original review: Jan. 26, 2020

In just 5 months my LG 471 liter refrigerator has stopped cooling. The technician have come twice and are still trying to figure out the problem and it's my 4 day without refrigerator plus they are not fully equipped. I am having the worst experience ever and highly disappointed with such a expensive product. All my food items have been spoiled. When the product was delivered that time too there some damage in the handle. We never expected breaking down of such a expensive product merely in 5 months.

Hello Ann,

Original review: Jan. 26, 2020

Fridge broke down November 2019 (compressor Failure). Repairman came and tried to fix by Welding the freakin part to stop an apparent leakage. He was pretty sure he would be back and told us so. Fridge broke down again December 2019, same issue. Repairman came back and couldn’t fix the problem, informed LG that it was unfixable. Spent the next 4 weeks without a fridge due to the disgustingly poor customer service, apparently waiting for email from the repaiman, which I know he sent. It took a solid week of me yelling at them to get some sort of resolution. So much for the 10 yr warranty. Don’t buy LG

Resolution response: March 1, 2020

LG was professional and quick to resolve the issue - thank you.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2020

I really wanted to like this refrigerator. Having only had it for 3 years and purchased new, the freezer has not been functional at all for the past 18 months. Constant icing around the fan creates unbearable grinding noise at all times of the day, and the freezer compartment does not get cold enough to keep ice cream and certain meats frozen. Unfortunately, LG has not been accommodating at all; issues should not be surfacing after only 1.5 years of use.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Brian, Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2020

We purchased our LG LRFDS3006S refrigerator on 12/20/19 and it was delivered 12/31/19. WE had it for 2 weeks when we noticed the middle pull out shelf in freezer had bowed up and the egg bowl boxes kept getting stuck. Called into Lowes and because it was so new said to call LG. Well I called LG and they are located in the Philippines. I asked to be sent back to the USA and was told they could not. I called Lowes back and they tried to get me to a USA office, but no luck. Finally was told we had to talk to a supervisor. With Lowes on the line with me I tried to explain my situation with LG. LG rep said she would send me a video on how to close freezer, (nothing to do with my problem). Then sent me a complaint form which you can not attach a video, so sent picture. They still did not understand and asked if I had overfilled the tray. Said it is bowed up not down.

Finally after an hour on phone she scheduled a service appointment but said I had to pay for it if it was not an LG issue. Told her that I was not going to pay for anything. Lowes was so nice that they were just going to replace refrigerator. Well repairman came out and said he would order me a new drawer tray, saying that the drawer tray should not bow like that. I believe it is cheap plastic used by LG. Will see if new drawer tray bows again. From now on when I purchase an appliance I will check to make sure they have a USA customer service department.

Hello Shirley,

Original review: Jan. 24, 2020

What a HORRIBLE company. My refrigerator compressor went out after only 3 years. We have an extended warranty. They failed to show for the service appt, did not notify me via the text chain they CONFIRMED from, called from a FRAUDULENT NUMBER and then said THE CUSTOMER was unavailable? I called that day and rescheduled for 2 days later. They still did not show up. I called and they said they closed the claim because they NEVER HEARD FROM ME after the first appt???? Yes. they did (in fact their EXECUTIVE SUPPORT LINE HEARD FROM ME) and they told me my rescheduled day and time was today 8-12.

At this point, they said it was going to be ANOTHER WEEK?! Why NO PRIORITY when THEY caused these delays?? Finally agreed to allow for and outside service provider to come out. I called him immediately and he was amazing. He was there within 30 min to assess the situation. Between him coming and 2 hours later, I got a NEW case number with a NEW service provider (which I didn't need or ask for) and they CANCELLED THE TICKET HE WAS WORKING FROM!!!! Now he can't order parts for me, and they expect me to sit home ALL DAY tomorrow to wait for another technician to come out?? I have never experienced a worse customer service situation in my life. I will never buy anything LG again and will definitely be spreading my story anywhere I can. Still no fridge, lost all of our food and no resolution or ounce of compassion from this company. BUYER BEWARE!!!

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Amy are you still interested in our assistance. We would love to help. Please let us know as soon as possible.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

We bought a new LG fridge in August 2017... Yesterday Jan.21 2020 (2 1/2 years) the fridge and freezer quit working. I called the LG 1-800 to do a remote Smart Diagnose but none of their agents could get their receiver to work in order to do this. They told me to call the one warranty dealer in my city as I found out today that all the other warranty dealers dropped both LG and Samsung for both warranty and non-warranty works as their products and service are horrible.

So the only warranty place said they would not come out and I had to bring in my fridge but they suggested based on what I told them was happening that they would spend $500 plus to maybe still not be able to fix it and to go buy a new one…. LG warranty is on parts only and the guys said it's never the parts that are expensive. It is the problem solving time and labor that costs. It turns out they would rather build a product that uses less power for energy savings but the compressors etc fail in short time 2 to 6 years.. Great….

Hello Dean,

I hate to hear that you are experiencing an issue and notice that your listed zip code is for Canada. To provide proper support, can you tell me what country you are located in?

Thanks,

JB

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

We purchased this refrigerator on June 6, 2018 from Home Depot. In July 2019, the refrigerator stopped cooling. (How convenient, right after the one year warranty expired.) I called LG and they sent an authorized repair company to my house within two weeks. The company, National Platinum Service, replaced the compressor and filter. On December 24, 2019 the refrigerator stopped cooling again which caused us to throw away all of our food for the second time. We spoke with LG and they scheduled a different repair company, Advanced Appliance, to come out on January 6, 2020 to replace the compressor and filter again. On January 10th, the technician came back out to make an adjustment to the refrigerator and check on the status. All was working at that time.

The next day, January 11th, the refrigerator stopped cooling again. On January 13th, the technician came out and said that there was likely a freon leak that would need additional parts to be ordered in order to replace the unit. On January 20th, the same technician came out again to replace the evaporator coils and he stated that he was not confident that this would be a long term fix. He said he spoke with LG support and was told they would not replace the refrigerator until they (LG) spent $1000 on repairs. The technician from Advanced Appliance stated that he felt we had a defective refrigerator and he would need his supervisor to come out and review the work that had been done up to this point. We currently have a refrigerator that is not functional and hasn't been for several weeks now.

This is absolutely unacceptable. We have had to take off work 7 times for a technician to come out to TRY to repair the refrigerator in addition to not having the ability to have any food or drinks that need to be refrigerated since December 24th! The 5 or 10 year warranty doesn't matter when your refrigerator don't work and continues to break. Why on earth would I want my refrigerator to be replaced with a new and updated compressor after all of this nonsense especially when the first one should work in the first place if you are selling a high quality appliance? All I want at this point is a full refund and I'll be a happy customer.

Hello Lauren,

We hate to see that you are experiencing an issue and would like to assist. In a private message can you send me your phone number, model and serial number? With this information I can research all options and expedite a resolution.

LG

Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

2.5 Year old fridge not working has stopped cooling twice and it is ridiculous how bad the compression motors. Along with that LG customer service did not want to help and were useless. Very unreliable.

LG Refrigerators response

Please let us know the outcome of the repair. Thanks again Luis.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

LG Refrigerator owned about 6 years trouble free. Woke up one morning to a freezer and refrigerator full of ruined food. Call LG and with smart diagnostic feature are told it is not cooling properly (Figured that out with spoiled food). Told need to be serviced by LG authorized service and was given a number to call. 155 for 5 minutes to diagnose bad compressor. LG is aware and has several class action lawsuits against them. Guy need to order part. LG warranty does not cover very expensive labor - 320+ to install. From all the reviews online - They install the same defective part and failure rate of the new one is very high- most fail within the next 12 months.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

Lg really needs to improve quality. I have experienced only junk coming from LG. Lg stove, broken after 3 years of use. Should not need a $300 gas valve And an ignitor $100, already! I am a service tech. Lg microwave exhaust fan does not reach 400 cfm (needed for gas stove) and goes slower when microwave is turned on. Junk! Air flow meter only reads up to 260 cfm with a transition to direct airflow through meter. Refrigerator, you have to open both doors to open crisper drawers.Very poor design! How about someone actually try to clean this fridge...what a joke! Takes almost a day to break down fridge to clean. Fire that designer, probably couldn’t design a way out of a paper bag. Lg ductless split ac. Again just junk! Poor design. I will be sharing my experiences with the garbage your company is putting out. Not a happy lg user, Richard.

Lg gas stove, lg fridge, lg microwave exhaust and experienced lg ductless split. JUST DON’T BUY LG! Parts are waaay too expensive! Also not readily available! Too many issue in design to mention for fridge. Gas stove is very poorly designed. Very cheap. These products just feel CHEAP! And they are cheap, cheap, cheap products! If you want quality, buy a better brand! Lg = like garbage!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

I have not had any of the mechanical problems others on this site have described. I actually love this french door, bottom freezer unit. BUT several months after we got it the surface starting peeling on various corners. Near the handles, on the sides. We have kept it to a minimum by being very, very careful, but it is unsightly. Not sure what we can do about it.

LG Refrigerators response

Joe if you are interested in assistance, please send us your contact info so that we can explore all options for you.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

So disappointed in this product and customer service! My husband and I built a house in 2017. Bought all of our appliances range, microwave, dishwasher and refrigerator all in a bundle from Lowe’s in Bedford, IN. So elated about having a new house with all new appliances! My elation quickly turned in to total frustration! Only after 14 months of use the compressor went out. Let me repeat that AFTER 14 MONTHS! After several phone calls to the store, the customer info center the Lowe’s Extended Protection number. No one I spoke with could give us the same answers to any of our questions. It took weeks to get a service rep to even look at it and when he finally arrives and determined the compressor was bad he had no replacement with him. Had to be ordered which took awhile to arrive, a few more weeks before they could come back to install the new one.

Only after cancelling and having to reschedule that appointment in which I had to miss work to be available to let him in to service the refrigerator. A loaner was offered at one point in time but I was told that could take a week to deliver not knowing that the replacement part would not be available on the first visit I declined. Was also told by one representative that we could just replace the refrigerator then only to be told by another that was not the case. I wrote down all the names of every one I spoke with and even had each one send me our dictated conversation in e-mail. They would not stand by their word. Never could I get a manager on the phone. Was always told that Customer Service does not have one. Most call centers operate off of a 3 tier system so I found it hard to believe that one. It took a total of 12 weeks to have the issue fixed Missed days at work, food loss, all the phone calls and time spent talking on the phone and getting no real answers.

Was told at one point we could use a local repair man and the Extended Protection Plan that we purchased would cover the cost only to be told by someone else that it would NOT and if we chose that route it would void the EPP all together. Could had it fixed in 2 days as opposed to 12 weeks. The whole reason I am writing this review today is because after going through all of this our freezer isn’t defrosting correctly and therefore the ice maker isn’t working, the food in the freezer is barely frozen. The temp is set on minus 4 but the thermometer has placed on the inside barely reads 32 degrees. Here we go again!!!! So disheartening to spend so much money that you work so hard for on a product and to be so disappointed by it and the customer service that you have to deal with. LG 26.1 cu ft Side by Side Refrigerator with ice maker and Door within Door Black Stainless Steel Item # 708951 Model # LSXS 26386D.

LG Refrigerators response

Original review: Jan. 16, 2020

We purchased a new LG refrigerator in April of 2017. This replaced one we had for over 20 years and was looking forward to getting a new updated fancy one. After about a year our refrigerator quit working and a repair person was sent out to fix. They repaired and after a month it quit working again. They returned and replaced the compressor. Were told having problems with new compressors but yet they replace with same bad compressors. My friend has had the same issues and they came and replaced her compressor and all the internal parts, will see how long that last.

Fast forward January 16, 2020. Woke up this morning and water leaking and our refrigerator is not working. Once again all our food in freezer and fridge are no good. So disappointed in this product, it has never kept our food cold like it should. You try calling customer service and they answer "Life's Good" (not) and you get robot CLARK, who says you can talk to him like a person. Last thing you want to hear when you are so angry. They never let you talk to a real person but instead they send you a text for you to complete and to have someone call you back in a day. Will see how long it takes for them to call. So frustrating! I have a nine year old type 1 diabetic who needs her medication refrigerated. So now have to once again live out of an ice chest. I have told my family never to buy LG. Life has not been good with LG.

Hello Teresa,

Original review: Jan. 14, 2020

My 2.5 years old LG fridge stopped working 2 days ago. No warning. The front panel said the fridge was working at optimal temperatures, but everything defrosted. Vacuumed dust from vents around compressor, during the initial troubleshoot with no result...just came from a month of grocery shopping, as we usually do, a day earlier, before this headache. This is terrible for an appliance just a few years old. Very disappointed. I have a KitchenAid refrigerator that was replaced by this new product because of its space. It is still working after 13 years.

Hello,

Original review: Jan. 14, 2020

Bought this refrigerator about 2 years ago. The ice machine keeps freezing up. It will work for about 2 days then freeze up again. We keep taking my blow dryer and unfreezing the unit. I wish had I read all the reviews with this refrigerator. I would have never bought.

LG Refrigerators response

Just checking in again. Colleen are you interested in getting a resolution for this problem? If so please message us back.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2020

Updated on 01/20/2020: I had hoped to update my review to at least Satisfactory, but NO. An LG repair man was here this morning, the refrigerator is seemingly fixed - but we will see. The problem is that when my husband talked to LG last week they said the cost of parts would be NO Charge. Then the guy gets here today and says only the compressor is covered - but in order to replace the compressor he has to literally break another part which WE have to PAY FOR! How is that even a thing? I am floored by this shoddy engineering. So, it costed us $360 to repair a part covered under warranty. To top it off the man was so rude to me, kept leaving the front door wide open, including the screen door which HE locked open, and we have a dog. I kept closing the door behind him - take a hint.

Then, he moves the refrigerator back (almost to where it belonged) and created 2 long black marks across 3 of our floor tiles. He intended to leave without even addressing that. I grabbed a rag and tried to clean it up and it would not come clean. He said "Give me that!" (just like that) and tried to wipe it up himself, to no avail. He then grabbed something out of his little bag and started scraping the floor. The marks started to fade a little. He then stands up, says "Here" and hands me a small piece of sand paper. Now I have to clean this up?? I could hardly believe my eyes, but by this point I just wanted him to leave my house. I have never experience such poor customer service. This is day 9 without a fridge, taking up space in neighbors freezer, buying ice to keep everyday items cold! My initial thought still stands, no more LG for me.

Original review: While other manufacturers allow major appliance warranties to be transferred, as when you buy a house, LG does NOT. So, the new owner a $3,000 refrigerator that fails is completely out of luck. Sad, I will NEVER buy another LG product, and if I ever buy another house, the brand of appliances will be a factor in decision. Shame on LG!

Hello Johnnie,

Original review: Jan. 11, 2020

Door in door latch mechanism fails to function 95% of the time, defeating the purpose because handle opens both doors at once. Design flaw causes frustration every time we open the fridge. Would not recommend. Have had handle repaired once, shortly after installation, and technician assured it was "normal" for it to be a bit sticky and it would improve with use. After a year, I can say the only thing that has improved is my desire to replace this refrigerator.

Hello Alisa,

My apologies, we are unable to assist with service on products outside the United States. I have escalated your case to our customer support team in Canada.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2020

I am not writing a review of the product but about the customer service. I can't speak about the quality of the products yet because I haven't received them yet. I ordered an appliance package on November 30th with a delivery date of January 2nd. It is now January 10th and my delivery date has been changed 5 times and has currently been pushed to February 28th. I've contacted customer service several times and have been treated very poorly. They have been nothing but rude. I have a problem with the fact that I have already paid for my items, they have my money but I still don't have my appliances. LG has never even offered an apology for the inconvenience. They just keep pushing the delivery date out because they don't have stock. Please think twice before wasting your time and money when purchasing from LG!

Hello Tammy,

Original review: Jan. 10, 2020

Two days before thanksgiving 2019 our three year old LG fridge stopped cooling. Two weeks later when the tech shows up he informed us the compressor had failed. Two days before Christmas it stopped cooling again. Supposed to be fixed January 16. We are currently using an Igloo cooler. Can’t keep leftovers and have to toss out lots of food and condiments, plus we have been buying bags of ice nearly every day. Having four grandkids plus ourselves an Igloo just don’t get it done, 3000.00 dollars poorly spent. It won’t happen again.

Hello Jodie,

Are you still interested in receiving assistance from us? If so, in a private message, please provide the requested information so that I can explore all options for you.

Thanks,

LG

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

I was so glad to add a new stylish refrigerator to my kitchen. Counter depth, window that lets you see inside the fridge, an extra door to open for just drinks. AWESOME! I told my friends, they were glad I updated my kitchen. Well none of them want to hear about how much LG is a terrible product. I had a refrigerator delivered and it did not work properly, had a second delivered, and it was malfunctioning, took two days off work to it serviced and it still does not work. The customer service is horrible. They know how say, "That is not our protocol." Instead of LG, buy a cooler and ice. Your food will stay fresher.

Hello Mark,

We truly hate to hear that you experienced multiple issues with your new refrigerator and want to assist. In a private message can you share with me name of the retailer you purchased it from and the model and serial number and a description of what happened? Thank you.

LG

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

My 3.5 year old LG fridge stopped working 2 days ago...no warning. The front panel said the fridge was -4 and the freezer -17 but everything defrosted. This is terrible for an appliance just a few years old. I believe there are potential class action lawsuits about these fridges. Very disappointed. My Maytag fridge is still working after 20 years.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Deirdre, Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2020

We bought the LG refrigerator model LMXS27626S/00 in June 2015. We have had nothing but issues since then. The compressor has been replaced twice, lost hundreds of dollars on food we have to keep a small fridge for backup because we can trust this dollar water. And now again it's not cooling. Waiting for repair man now.

Hello Andrea,

We hate to see that you have had a negative experience with your refrigerator and want to offer our assistance so that we can expedite a resolution for you. In a private message, can you let me know the name of the company that you working with on the repair? According to our records we do not have a recent repair on file and would like to help out any way we can.

LG Refrigerators Company Information